Summary: A slightly acid milk food produced by fermentation due to the combined action of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Streptococcus thermophilus.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of ingesting Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt in subjects with colonized Helicobacter pyloriKuan Yuan Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Clin Nutr 80:737-41. 2004..Supplementing with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt (AB-yogurt) was shown to improve the rates of eradication of H. pylori in humans.
- Effects of yogurt and bifidobacteria supplementation on the colonic microbiota in lactose-intolerant subjectsT He
Center for Medical Biomics, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Appl Microbiol 104:595-604. 2008..We investigated whether a 2-week supplementation of Bifidobacterium longum (in capsules) and a yogurt enriched with Bifidobacterium animalis could modify the composition and metabolic activities of the colonic ..
- Probiotic yogurt improves antioxidant status in type 2 diabetic patientsHanie S Ejtahed
Faculty of Health and Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Nutrition 28:539-43. 2012..The objective of this clinical trial was to assess the effects of probiotic and conventional yogurt on blood glucose and antioxidant status in type 2 diabetic patients.
- Regular consumption of vitamin D-fortified yogurt drink (Doogh) improved endothelial biomarkers in subjects with type 2 diabetes: a randomized double-blind clinical trialSakineh Shab-bidar
Department of Nutrition and Biochemistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
BMC Med 9:125. 2011..In this study, the effects of improvement of vitamin D status on glycemic status, lipid profile and endothelial biomarkers in T2D subjects were investigated...
- Daily consumption of vitamin D- or vitamin D + calcium-fortified yogurt drink improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized clinical trialBahareh Nikooyeh
Laboratory of Nutrition Research, National Research Institute and Faculty of Nutrition and Food Technology, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Am J Clin Nutr 93:764-71. 2011..Low serum concentrations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] have been associated with impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes...
- Complete sequencing and pan-genomic analysis of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus reveal its genetic basis for industrial yogurt productionPei Hao
Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e15964. 2011..bulgaricus (Lb. bulgaricus) is an important species of Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) used for cheese and yogurt fermentation. The genome of Lb...
- Association between yogurt, milk, and cheese consumption and common carotid artery intima-media thickness and cardiovascular disease risk factors in elderly womenKerry L Ivey
Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 94:234-9. 2011..Despite the contribution of dairy foods to total dietary saturated fat intake, available data indicate that dairy consumption may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Effects of milk products fermented by Bifidobacterium longum on blood lipids in rats and healthy adult male volunteersJ Z Xiao
Food Research and Development Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Zama 228 8583, Japan
J Dairy Sci 86:2452-61. 2003..with lyophilized powders of 1) acid milk (control), 2) milk fermented with a mixed culture of ordinary yogurt starters composed of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp...
- Yogurt consumption and risk of colorectal cancer in the Italian European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition cohortValeria Pala
Department of Preventive and Predictive Medicine, Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, Fondazione IRCSS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Int J Cancer 129:2712-9. 2011Fermented dairy products like yogurt have been suggested to protect against colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- The effects of probiotics on PPI-triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradicationMi Na Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Helicobacter 13:261-8. 2008..This study was performed to evaluate whether the addition of probiotics to proton pump inhibitor (PPI)-based triple therapy increases the likelihood of successful Helicobacter pylori eradication...
- Impact of supplement with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt on triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradicationB S Sheu
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:1669-75. 2002To test whether supplements of Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt (AB-Yogurt) affect the success of Helicobacter pylori eradication.
- Effect of probiotic yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis on lipid profile in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitusH S Ejtahed
Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Health and Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
J Dairy Sci 94:3288-94. 2011The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of probiotic and conventional yogurt on the lipid profile in type 2 diabetic people...
- Composition and metabolism of the intestinal microbiota in consumers and non-consumers of yogurtElise Alvaro
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Br J Nutr 97:126-33. 2007The objective of the present study was to evaluate the impact of a regular consumption of yogurt on the composition and metabolism of the human intestinal microbiota...
- Effects of multistrain probiotic-containing yogurt on second-line triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infectionHyuk Yoon
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:44-8. 2011The adjuvant effects of probiotic-containing yogurt on second-line triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection have not been evaluated.
- On-line multisensor monitoring of yogurt and filmjölk fermentations on production scaleMarian Navratil
Division of Biotechnology, IFM, Linkoping University, S 58183 Linkoping, Sweden
J Agric Food Chem 52:415-20. 2004Near-infrared (NIR) spectrometry and electronic nose (EN) data were used for on-line monitoring of yogurt and filmjölk (a Swedish yogurt-like sour milk) fermentations under industrial conditions...
- Dairy product consumption, calcium intakes, and metabolic syndrome-related factors over 5 years in the STANISLAS studyAnastasia Samara
EA 4373 Génétique Cardiovasculaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université de Lorraine, Nancy, France
Nutrition 29:519-24. 2013We assessed the associations of total dairy products; milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese; cheese; and calcium with 5-y changes in components of the metabolic syndrome.
- Frequent consumption of milk, yogurt, cold breakfast cereals, peppers, and cruciferous vegetables and intakes of dietary folate and riboflavin but not vitamins B-12 and B-6 are inversely associated with serum total homocysteine concentrations in the US poVijay Ganji
Department of Clinical Nutrition, College of Health Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1500-7. 2004..Elevated circulating total homocysteine (tHcy) is an independent risk factor for vascular diseases...
- Survival of yogurt bacteria in the human gutMarina Elli
AAT Advanced Analytical Technologies S r l, Spin off of the Catholic University of Piacenza, Via Emilia Parmense, 84, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:5113-7. 2006..can be recovered after passage through the human gut was tested by feeding 20 healthy volunteers commercial yogurt. Yogurt bacteria were found in human feces, suggesting that they can survive transit in the gastrointestinal tract.
- The addition of milk or yogurt to a plant-based diet increases zinc bioavailability but does not affect iron bioavailability in womenJorge L Rosado
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Queretaro, Mexico
J Nutr 135:465-8. 2005..We examined the effect of the addition of milk or yogurt on the bioavailability of zinc and iron from a plant-based rural diet. The subjects were 48 Mexican women (30...
- Cholesterol-lowering effect of probiotic yogurt in comparison with ordinary yogurt in mildly to moderately hypercholesterolemic subjectsAsal Ataie-Jafari
Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Teheran, Iran
Ann Nutr Metab 54:22-7. 2009..In this study, we compared the effect of consuming probiotic yogurt with that of ordinary yogurt on serum cholesterol level in mildly to moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects.
- Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus survive gastrointestinal transit of healthy volunteers consuming yogurtDenis D G Mater
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78350, Jouy en Josas, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 250:185-7. 2005To date, there is significant controversy as to the survival of yogurt bacteria (namely, Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus) after passage through the human gastrointestinal tract...
- Evaluation of safety and tolerance of microencapsulated Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242 in a yogurt formulation: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studyMitchell L Jones
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3A2B4, Canada
Food Chem Toxicol 50:2216-23. 2012..Previously, we have reported on the efficacy of microencapsulated Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242 in a yogurt formulation at lowering serum cholesterol levels in otherwise healthy hypercholesterolemic adults...
- Improvement of vitamin D status via daily intake of fortified yogurt drink either with or without extra calcium ameliorates systemic inflammatory biomarkers, including adipokines, in the subjects with type 2 diabetesTirang R Neyestani
Laboratory of Nutrition Research, National Nutrition and Food Technology Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 1981619573 Tehran, Iran
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2005-11. 2012..Systemic inflammation is thought to have a central role in diabetic long-term complications...
- Immunologic effects of yogurtS N Meydani
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging and the Department of Pathology, Sackler Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 71:861-72. 2000Many investigators have studied the therapeutic and preventive effects of yogurt and lactic acid bacteria, which are commonly used in yogurt production, on diseases such as cancer, infection, gastrointestinal disorders, and asthma...
- Effects of Lactobacillus fermented soymilk and soy yogurt on hepatic lipid accumulation in rats fed a cholesterol-free dietRyoko Kitawaki
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, School of Human Environmental Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:1484-8. 2009We examined the effects of lactic acid fermented soymilk, in which part of the soymilk was replaced with okara (soy yogurt), on plasma and hepatic lipid profiles in rats fed a cholesterol-free diet...
- Evaluation of yogurt and various beverages as carriers of lactic acid bacteria producing 2-branched (1,3)-β-D-glucanP Elizaquivel
Department of Microbiology and Ecology, University of Valencia, Av Dr Moliner 50, 46100 Burjasot, Spain
J Dairy Sci 94:3271-8. 2011..For this reason, these 3 strains were incorporated into yogurt, orange juice, and 2 juice-milk beverages to evaluate the effect of the food matrix on the resistance of these ..
- Probiotic yogurt for the treatment of minimal hepatic encephalopathyJasmohan S Bajaj
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1707-15. 2008..The aim was to determine the effect of probiotic supplementation in the form of a food item, probiotic yogurt, on MHE reversal and adherence.
- Impact of LKM512 yogurt on improvement of intestinal environment of the elderlyM Matsumoto
Research Laboratories, Kyodo Milk Industry Co Ltd, Hirai, Hinode, Tokyo 190 0182, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 31:181-6. 2001Improvement of the intestinal environment by administration of LKM512 yogurt was examined using polyamine, haptoglobin and mutagenicity as indexes which directly reflect the health condition of the host...
- Pretreatment with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt can improve the efficacy of quadruple therapy in eradicating residual Helicobacter pylori infection after failed triple therapyBor Shyang Sheu
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, 138 Sheng Li Road, Tainan 70428, Taiwan
Am J Clin Nutr 83:864-9. 2006Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt (AB-yogurt) can suppress Helicobacter pylori. Improvement of the eradication rate by quadruple therapy of residual H. pylori after failed triple therapy is needed.
- Plant stanols dose-dependently decrease LDL-cholesterol concentrations, but not cholesterol-standardized fat-soluble antioxidant concentrations, at intakes up to 9 g/dRonald P Mensink
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 92:24-33. 2010..It is unclear whether plant stanols lower serum LDL-cholesterol concentrations and cholesterol-standardized fat-soluble antioxidant concentrations dose-dependently when consumption exceeds the recommended daily intakes of 2.0-3.0 g...
- Probiotic yogurt consumption is associated with an increase of CD4 count among people living with HIV/AIDSStephanie L Irvine
Brescia University College, London, Canada
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:e201-5. 2010To evaluate the long term effect of yogurt supplemented with Lactobacillus rhamnosus Fiti on the immune function (CD4 count) of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- A comparison between traditional yogurt and probiotic yogurt in non-inflammatory acute gastroenteritisFarhad Heydarian
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Ward, Ghaem Hospital, Ahmad Abad St, Mashhad, Iran
Saudi Med J 31:280-3. 2010To compare the traditional yogurt and probiotic yogurt in improving acute non-inflammatory gastroenteritis.
- PCR detection of Bifidobacterium strains and Streptococcus thermophilus in feces of human subjects after oral bacteriotherapy and yogurt consumptionPatrizia Brigidi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Via Belmeloro 6, University of Bologna, 40126, Bologna, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 81:203-9. 2003..and enumerated by PCR assay in human fecal samples after intake of the pharmaceutical preparation VSL-3 or yogurt. ThI/ThII primer set, specific for S...
- Probiotic yogurt in the elderly with intestinal bacterial overgrowth: endotoxaemia and innate immune functionsEduardo J Schiffrin
Nestle Research Center, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Br J Nutr 101:961-6. 2009..In conclusion, probiotic administration in the elderly normalises the response to endotoxin, and modulates activation markers in blood phagocytes, and therefore may help reduce low-grade chronic inflammation...
- Binding of free bile acids by cells of yogurt starter culture bacteriaR M Pigeon
Department of Animal Science and Food and Agricultural Products Center, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Dairy Sci 85:2705-10. 2002..3% of the cholic acid present in laboratory media, up to 452 microg/mg of EPS and 2.9 microg/10(7) cfu. None of the cultures tested in this study were able to bind the conjugated bile acid, glycocholic acid...
- Estimation of the potential antitumor activity of microencapsulated Lactobacillus acidophilus yogurt formulation in the attenuation of tumorigenesis in Apc(Min/+) miceAleksandra Malgorzata Urbanska
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, QC, Canada
Dig Dis Sci 54:264-73. 2009..the potential immunomodulatory and antitumorigenic properties of microencapsulated probiotic bacterial cells in a yogurt formulation in Min mice carrying a germline APC mutation...
- Micronutrient supplemented probiotic yogurt for HIV-infected adults taking HAART in London, CanadaJaimie Caitlin Hemsworth
Division of Food and Nutritional Sciences at The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Gut Microbes 3:414-9. 2012..double blind, three-period, cross-over controlled trial with three different formulations of supplemented yogurt; micronutrient and probiotic (A), micronutrient alone (B) and probiotic alone (C)...
- Effect of yogurt on symptoms and kinetics of hydrogen production in lactose-malabsorbing childrenM A Shermak
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 62:1003-6. 1995Lactase-deficient adults demonstrate improved lactose absorption and fewer symptoms when consuming yogurt than when consuming milk containing equivalent amounts of lactose...
- Comparison of the effects of a liquid yogurt and chocolate bars on satiety: a multidimensional approachDidier Chapelot
Laboratoire des Réponses Cellulaires et Fonctionnelles à l Hypoxie, Universite Paris 13, UFR SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny, France
Br J Nutr 103:760-7. 2010..8 MJ) and, 240 min later, either a liquid yogurt or chocolate bars matched for energy (1.2 MJ) and weight (366 g)...
- [Effect of probiotics and yogurt on colonic microflora in subjects with lactose intolerance]Yan Zhong
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, West China School of Public Health, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 35:587-91. 2006..To study the effects of probiotics and yoghurt supplementation on colonic microflora in subjects with lactose intolerance (LI)...
- Ionic solution and nanoparticle assisted MALDI-MS as bacterial biosensors for rapid analysis of yogurtChia Hsun Lee
Department of Chemistry, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, 70 Lien Hai Road, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Biosens Bioelectron 31:77-83. 2012..Three different conditions of yogurt were analyzed: (1) the fresh yogurt immediately after purchasing, (2) the yogurt after expiry date stored in the ..
- Low, moderate, or high protein yogurt snacks on appetite control and subsequent eating in healthy womenSteve M Douglas
University of Missouri, Dept of Nutrition, 204 Gwynn Hall, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Appetite 60:117-22. 2013..Fifteen healthy women (age: 26 ± 2 y) randomly consumed 160 kcal afternoon yogurt snacks containing Low (LP), Moderate (MP), or High (HP) protein (5,14,24 g protein, respectively) or had no snack (..
- Synthesis of carotenoids by Rhodotorula rubra GED8 co-cultured with yogurt starter cultures in whey ultrafiltrateE D Simova
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 26 Maritza Blvd, Institute of Microbiology, 4002 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 31:115-21. 2004Two cultures, a yeast ( Rhodorula rubra GED8) and a yogurt starter ( Lactobacillus bulgaricus 2-11+ Streptococcus thermophilus 15HA), were selected for associated growth in whey ultrafiltrate (WU) and active synthesis of carotenoids...
- Wine grape pomace as antioxidant dietary fibre for enhancing nutritional value and improving storability of yogurt and salad dressingAngela Tseng
Department of Food Science and Technology, 100 Wiegand Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Food Chem 138:356-65. 2013Wine grape pomace (WGP) as a source of antioxidant dietary fibre (ADF) was fortified in yogurt (Y), Italian (I) and Thousand Island (T) salad dressings...
- Increased probiotic yogurt or resistant starch intake does not affect isoflavone bioavailability in subjects consuming a high soy dietTheresa A Larkin
School of Health Science, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Nutrition 23:709-18. 2007..This study examined the effects of the consumption of bioactive yogurt (a probiotic) or resistant starch (a known prebiotic) in combination with high soy intake on soy isoflavone ..
- Effect of feeding yogurt versus milk in children with acute diarrhea and carbohydrate malabsorptionG Boudraa
, Amilcar Cabral Clinic, Oran, , France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 33:307-13. 2001..this study was to compare the effect of infant formula and the same formula subjected to microbial fermentation (yogurt) on the duration of diarrhea in young children with acute watery diarrhea, with or without reducing substances in ..
- Effect of exopolysaccharides on the proteolytic and angiotensin-I converting enzyme-inhibitory activities and textural and rheological properties of low-fat yogurt during refrigerated storageL Ramchandran
Faculty of Health Engineering and Science, Victoria University, Werribee Campus, Melbourne, Victoria 8001, Australia
J Dairy Sci 92:895-906. 2009..the influence of using exopolysaccharide (EPS) producing strain of Streptococcus thermophilus on the viability of yogurt starters, their proteolytic and angiotensin-I converting enzyme-inhibitory activities, and on the textural and ..
- Scarce evidence of yogurt lactic acid bacteria in human feces after daily yogurt consumption by healthy volunteersRosa del Campo
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Ctra Colmenar, Km 9 1, Madrid 28 034, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:547-9. 2005In a double-blind prospective study including 114 healthy young volunteers, the presence in human feces of the yogurt organisms Lactobacillus delbrueckii and Streptococcus thermophilus after repeated yogurt consumption (15 days) was ..
- Effect of the oral intake of yogurt containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the cell numbers of enterotoxigenic Bacteroides fragilis in microbiotaToshitaka Odamaki
Food Science and Technology Institute, Morinaga Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Zama, Kanagawa 228 8583, Japan
Anaerobe 18:14-8. 2012..Here, a pilot study was performed to examine the effect of the oral administration of yogurt supplemented with a probiotic strain on the cell numbers of fecal ETBF in a healthy population...
- Bioavailability and metabolism of orange juice flavanones in humans: impact of a full-fat yogurtWilliam Mullen
University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:11157-64. 2008..In this study the impact of a full-fat yogurt on the bioavailability and metabolism of orange juice flavanones was investigated...
- Evaluation of increased vitamin D fortification in high-temperature, short-time-processed 2% milk, UHT-processed 2% fat chocolate milk, and low-fat strawberry yogurtA L Hanson
Midwest Dairy Food Research Center, Food Science and Nutrition Department, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:801-7. 2010..short-time (HTST)-processed 2% fat milk, UHT-processed 2% fat chocolate milk, and low-fat strawberry yogurt on the sensory characteristics and stability of vitamin D during processing and storage...
- Effects of oral administration of yogurt fermented with Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1 and its exopolysaccharides against influenza virus infection in miceTakayuki Nagai
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 11:2246-50. 2011b>Yogurt fermented with Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1 (1073R-1) has been shown to reduce the risk of catching cold in the healthy elderly (Makino et al., Br. J. Nutr., 104, 998-1006, 2010)...
- Effect of a synbiotic yogurt on levels of fecal bifidobacteria, clostridia, and enterobacteriaAmrita Palaria
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Center for Microbial and Plant Genomics, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:933-40. 2012..this, a large-scale, crossover-design, placebo-controlled study was utilized to evaluate the effect of a synbiotic yogurt containing B. animalis subsp...
- Inhibition of fried meat-induced colorectal DNA damage and altered systemic genotoxicity in humans by crucifera, chlorophyllin, and yogurtDaniel T Shaughnessy
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18707. 2011..the high-temperature meat diet alone or in combination with 3 putative mutagen inhibitors: cruciferous vegetables, yogurt, and chlorophyllin tablets, also in a crossover design...
- Yogurt and dairy product consumption to prevent cardiometabolic diseases: epidemiologic and experimental studiesArne Astrup
Department of Nutrition, Exercise, and Sports, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 99:1235S-42S. 2014..Apart from supplying valuable dairy nutrients, yogurt may also exert beneficial probiotic effects...
- Effects of yogurt starter cultures on the survival of Lactobacillus acidophilusElizabeth W Ng
Dairy Products Technology Center, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 145:169-75. 2011..such as Lactobacillus acidophilus are commonly incorporated into fermented dairy products worldwide; among which yogurt is a popular delivery vehicle...
- Immunological effects of yogurt addition to a re-nutrition diet in a malnutrition experimental modelPaola Gauffin Cano
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos, CERELA, Tucuman, Argentina
J Dairy Res 69:303-16. 2002The therapeutic and preventive effects of yogurt and lactic acid bacteria on diseases such as cancer, infection and gastrointestinal disorders are well ocumented...
- Yogurt containing Lactobacillus gasseri OLL 2716 (LG21 yogurt) accelerated the healing of acetic acid-induced gastric ulcer in ratsMasayuki Uchida
Food Science Institute, Division of Research and Development, Meiji Dairies Corporation, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1891-4. 2010We have reported that LG21 yogurt containing Lactobacillus gasseri OLL 2716 (LG21 yogurt) inhibits the formation of HCl-induced acute gastric lesions through the generation of prostaglandin E₂...
- Effect of functional yogurt NY-YP901 in improving the trait of metabolic syndromeB J Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:1250-5. 2011This study was aimed to assess the beneficial effects on metabolic syndrome of functional yogurt NY-YP901 (Namyang Dairy Product Co. Ltd and Nutra R&BT Inc...
- Comparison of biotransformation of inorganic selenium by Lactobacillus and Saccharomyces in lactic fermentation process of yogurt and kefirA Alzate
Dpto de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, UCM, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:8728-36. 2008..two different types of microorganisms, bacteria (Lactobacillus) and yeast (Saccharomyces), take place to produce yogurt and kefir, respectively, and to study the transformation process of these species as a function of time...
- Effect of daily consumption of probiotic yogurt on oxidative stress in pregnant women: a randomized controlled clinical trialZatollah Asemi
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, School of Medicine, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
Ann Nutr Metab 60:62-8. 2012..This study was designed to determine the effects of daily consumption of probiotic yogurt on oxidative stress among Iranian pregnant women.
- Survival of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in set yogurt as influenced by the production of an exopolysaccharide, colanic acidShiao Mei Lee
Department of Food Science and Technology, The University of Georgia, 1109 Experiment Street, Griffin, Georgia 30223 1797, USA
J Food Prot 67:252-5. 2004..coli O157:H7 during the processing and storage of an acid food: yogurt. Pasteurized and homogenized whole milk was inoculated with a wild-type E...
- Yogurt containing bioactive molecules produced by Lactobacillus acidophilus La-5 exerts a protective effect against enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli in miceMohamed Zeinhom
Food hygiene and control department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Beni Suef University, Egypt
J Food Prot 75:1796-805. 2012..Mice in experimental groups were fed for 4 days with yogurt supplemented with LAla-5AF. On the fifth day, mice were challenged with a single dose (10(7) CFU per mouse) of E...
- Behaviour of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in sour milk, cows' milk yogurt and ewes' milk yogurtAlexandros Govaris
Laboratory of Foods Hygiene of Animal Origin, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Thessaly, Karditsa, Greece
J Dairy Res 69:655-60. 2002
- Effect of micronutrient and probiotic fortified yogurt on immune-function of anti-retroviral therapy naive HIV patientsRuben Hummelen
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nutrients 3:897-909. 2011..Studies have suggested that probiotics could potentially complement micronutrients in preserving the immune-function of HIV patients...
- Probiotic yogurt effects on intestinal flora of patients with chronic liver diseaseJun E Liu
School of Nursing, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Nurs Res 59:426-32. 2010..Patients with chronic liver disease generally have intestinal flora imbalance that is related to the development and worsening of the disease...
- Effect of yogurt with Bifidobacterium DN-173 010 on salivary mutans streptococci and lactobacilli in young adultsEsber Caglar
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Dental School, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Odontol Scand 63:317-20. 2005..The aim of the present study was to examine whether or not short-term consumption of yogurt containing bifidobacteria would affect the salivary levels of mutans streptococci and lactobacilli in young adults...
- Protective effect of yogurt extract on dental enamel demineralization in vitroG F Ferrazzano
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Aust Dent J 53:314-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to test the in vitro ability of natural CPPs (contained in yogurt) to prevent demineralization and promote remineralization of dental enamel.
- The complete genome sequence of Lactobacillus bulgaricus reveals extensive and ongoing reductive evolutionM van de Guchte
Génétique Microbienne and Mathématique, Informatique et Génome, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9274-9. 2006..is a representative of the group of lactic acid-producing bacteria, mainly known for its worldwide application in yogurt production...
- Pediatric functional constipation treatment with Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt: a crossover, double-blind, controlled trialPaula V P Guerra
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 30130 100 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 17:3916-21. 2011To evaluate the treatment of pediatric functional chronic intestinal constipation (FCIC) with a probiotic goat yogurt.
- Production of oligosaccharides in yogurt containing bifidobacteria and yogurt culturesL Lamoureux
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, PQ
J Dairy Sci 85:1058-69. 2002Yogurts were prepared by using yogurt cultures combined to mixed cultures of bifidobacteria (Bifidobacterium animalis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, and Bifidobacterium longum) and by adding a ..
- Use of slurry sampling for the direct determination of zinc in yogurt by high resolution-continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometryGeovani C Brandao
Universidade Federal da Bahia, Instituto de Quimica, Grupo de Pesquisa em Química e Quimiometria, Campus Ondina, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Talanta 81:1357-9. 2010This paper presents an analytical procedure for the direct determination of zinc in yogurt employing sampling slurry and high resolution-continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometry (HR-CS FAAS)...
- Changes in body composition with yogurt consumption during resistance training in womenKimberly M White
Div of Health Sciences, Carroll College, Waukesha, WI, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:18-33. 2009..Dairy foods containing calcium and vitamin D might enhance these benefits. This study investigated the combined effects of habitual yogurt consumption and resistance training on body composition and metabolism.
- Bioaccessibility of folic acid and (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate decreases after the addition of folate-binding protein to yogurt as studied in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelKarin Arkbåge
Department of Food Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
J Nutr 133:3678-83. 2003..investigate the bioaccessibility of folic acid and (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-CH3-H4folate) from fortified yogurt using a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal model (TIM)...
- Yogurt containing probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and L. reuteri RC-14 helps resolve moderate diarrhea and increases CD4 count in HIV/AIDS patientsKingsley C Anukam
Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:239-43. 2008..Given the track record of probiotics to alleviate diarrhea, conventional yogurt fermented with Lactobacillus delbruekii var bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus was supplemented with ..
- Utilizing the second-meal effect in type 2 diabetes: practical use of a soya-yogurt snackMei Jun Chen
Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre, Campus for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabetes Care 33:2552-4. 2010..To evaluate the effect of a prebreakfast high-protein snack upon postbreakfast hyperglycemia...
- Effect of oxidoreduction potential on aroma biosynthesis by lactic acid bacteria in nonfat yogurtF Martin
Laboratoire de Génie des Procédés Microbiologiques et Alimentaires, EA 1684, AgroSup Dijon Université de Bourgogne, INRA, 17 rue Sully, 21065 Dijon, France
J Dairy Sci 94:614-22. 2011..effect of oxidoreduction potential (Eh) on the biosynthesis of aroma compounds by lactic acid bacteria in non-fat yogurt. The study was done with yogurts fermented by Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus...
- Erosive and buffering capacities of yogurtBetul Kargul
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Quintessence Int 38:381-5. 2007..The aim of the present study was to measure the initial pH of several types of yogurt and to test the degrees of saturation (pK-pl) with respect to hydroxyapatite and fluorapatite to determine the ..
- The effects of probiotic and conventional yoghurt on lipid profile in womenHaleh Sadrzadeh-Yeganeh
Department of Nutritional Sciences, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Br J Nutr 103:1778-83. 2010..05) compared with the control group. Positive changes in lipid profile were observed in both yoghurt groups. Any added effect, therefore, is due to the consumption of fermented milk products...
- The effect of fermented yogurt on the prevention of diarrhea in a healthy adult populationDavid Pereg
Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps, Department of Internal Medicine A Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Sava, Israel
Am J Infect Control 33:122-5. 2005..Although the role of probiotic bacteria in the prevention and treatment of pediatric and antibiotic associated diarrhea is fairly well established, their role in the prevention of adult infectious diarrhea has not been well investigated...
- Competition between yogurt probiotics and periodontal pathogens in vitroYunwo Zhu
Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Acta Odontol Scand 68:261-8. 2010To investigate the competition between probiotics in bio-yogurt and periodontal pathogens in vitro.
- Consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis LKM512 yogurt reduces gut mutagenicity by increasing gut polyamine contents in healthy adult subjectsMitsuharu Matsumoto
Fundamental Research Laboratory, Kyodo Milk Industry Co Ltd, Hinode, Tokyo 190 0182, Japan
Mutat Res 568:147-53. 2004..In this study, we investigated the effects of consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis LKM512-containing yogurt (LKM512 yogurt) on fecal probiotic metabolites (polyamines, lactate, and acetate) and mutagenicity in seven ..
- Anti-inflammatory effects of probiotic yogurt in inflammatory bowel disease patientsM Lorea Baroja
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics, The Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Exp Immunol 149:470-9. 2007..effects on the peripheral blood of subjects with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) who consumed probiotic yogurt for 1 month...
- Dynamics of fecal microbiota in hospitalized elderly fed probiotic LKM512 yogurtMitsuharu Matsumoto
Dairy Science and Technology Institute, Kyodo Milk Industry Co Ltd, 20 1 Hirai, Hinode, Tokyo 190 0182, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 53:421-32. 2009..The aims of this study were twofold: firstly to analyze the impact on intestinal microbiota of yogurt fermented by Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis LKM512, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp...
- Complete sequence and comparative genome analysis of the dairy bacterium Streptococcus thermophilusAlexander Bolotin
Génétique Microbienne Centre de Recherche de Jouy en Josas, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Nat Biotechnol 22:1554-8. 2004The lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus is widely used for the manufacture of yogurt and cheese...
- Probiotic effects on experimental graft-versus-host disease: let them eat yogurtArmin Gerbitz
Department of Hematology Oncology, Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Regensburg, Germany
Blood 103:4365-7. 2004..Our findings suggest that alteration of the intestinal microflora plays an important role in the initiation of experimental aGVHD...
- In silico prediction of horizontal gene transfer events in Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus reveals protocooperation in yogurt manufacturingMengjin Liu
FrieslandCampina Research, Deventer, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4120-9. 2009Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus, used in yogurt starter cultures, are well known for their stability and protocooperation during their coexistence in milk...
- [Hypocholesteremic effectiveness of a yogurt containing plant stanol esters]J Algorta Pineda
Unidad de Ensayos Clínicos, Fundación LEIA, Vitoria Gasteiz
Rev Clin Esp 205:63-6. 2005..hypocholesteremic effectiveness of a dietary dairy product currently marketed in Spain in the form of drinkable yogurt. Thirty-two adult male and female patients with LDL cholesterol higher than 120 mg/dl were recruited in a pilot, ..
- LKM512 yogurt consumption improves the intestinal environment and induces the T-helper type 1 cytokine in adult patients with intractable atopic dermatitisM Matsumoto
Dairy Science and Technology Institute, Kyodo Milk Industry Co Ltd, Hinode cho, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 37:358-70. 2007..Polyamines and short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) produced by intestinal bacteria are involved in the promotion of intestinal mucosal barrier functions...
- Industrial yogurt manufacture: monitoring of fermentation process and improvement of final product qualityC Soukoulis
Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Technology, School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Polytechnioupoli Zografou, Athens, Greece
J Dairy Sci 90:2641-54. 2007Lactic acid fermentation during the production of skim milk and whole fat set-style yogurt was continuously monitored by measuring pH...
- Effects of isoflavone-supplemented soy yogurt on lipid parameters and atherosclerosis development in hypercholesterolemic rabbits: a randomized double-blind studyDaniela C U Cavallini
Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 8:40. 2009..Previous studies have demonstrated the beneficial effects of soy yogurt fermented with Enterococcus faecium CRL 183 and of dietary isoflavones on the lipid profile...
- Anti-inflammatory metabolite production in the gut from the consumption of probiotic yogurt containing Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis LKM512Mitsuharu Matsumoto
Dairy Science and Technology Institute, Kyodo Milk Industry Co, Ltd, Tokyo
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:1287-92. 2006..in the present study the possibility that anti-inflammatory metabolites can be produced in the gut by LKM512 yogurt consumption by using murine macrophage-like J774...
- Novel process of fermenting black soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] yogurt with dramatically reduced flatulence-causing oligosaccharides but enriched soy phytoalexinsShengbao Feng
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
J Agric Food Chem 56:10078-84. 2008..oligosporus for 3 days and were homogenized and fermented with lactic acid bacteria (LAB) to produce soy yogurt. Fungal stress led to the generation of oxylipins [oxooctadecadienoic acids (KODES) isomers and their respective ..
- [Effect of a new fermented soy milk product on serum lipid levels in normocholesterolemic adult men]Elizeu Antonio Rossi
Departamento de Alimentos e Nutrição, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas UNESP Araraquara, Brasil
Arch Latinoam Nutr 53:47-51. 2003..faecium and L. jugurti, for 6 weeks, did not affect the serum total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol, and led an increase of 10% in the HDL-cholesterol level...
- Effects of a nutritional intervention with yogurt on lymphocyte subsets and cytokine production capacity in anorexia nervosa patientsEsther Nova
Dept of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio CSIC, C Jose Antonio Novais, 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Nutr 45:225-33. 2006..The benefits of probiotic therapy in immunocompromised subjects still need strong scientific evidences...
- Consumption of bakery products, sweetened soft drinks and yogurt among children aged 6-7 years: association with nutrient intake and overall diet qualityFernando Rodriguez-Artalejo
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Br J Nutr 89:419-29. 2003The present study tests the hypothesis that higher consumption of bakery products, sweetened soft drinks and yogurt is associated with higher intake of energy, saturated fats, sugars and worse overall diet quality among Spanish children...
- Effect of a fermented milk containing Bifidobacterium animalis DN-173 010 on the health-related quality of life and symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome in adults in primary care: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, controlled trialD Guyonnet
Danone Research, Route Départementale 128, 91767 Palaiseau, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:475-86. 2007..Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) has been rarely evaluated as a primary endpoint in the assessment of the effect of probiotics on the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Production of yogurt with enhanced levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid and valuable nutrients using lactic acid bacteria and germinated soybean extractKi Bum Park
Department of Medicinal Biotechnology, Woosuk University, Jeonju 565 701, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 98:1675-9. 2007b>Yogurt with high levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), free amino acids and isoflavones was developed using lactic acid bacteria (LAB) and germinated soybean extract...
- Molecular analysis of yogurt containing Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus in human intestinal microbiotaRaimundo García-Albiach
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal and CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Madrid, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 87:91-6. 2008b>Yogurt has traditionally been considered a probiotic-carrier food with health-promoting effects...
- Bifidobacterium animalis strain DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in healthy women: a double-blind, randomized, controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology Department, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:587-93. 2002..A previous study has suggested that Bifidobacterium animalis DN-173 010 shortens the colonic transit time in women...
- Effect of using propionic acid bacteria as an adjunct culture in yogurt productionF Y Ekinci
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Architecture and Engineering, Food Engineering Department, 32200, Isparta, Turkey
J Dairy Sci 91:892-9. 2008Propionibacteria are able to produce a wide variety of food components beneficial to human health. In this study, yogurt was produced by using the adjunct starter cultures Propionibacterium jensenii B1264 and Propionibacterium thoenii (..
- Bacterial fermentation in skin microbiome as probiotics (Bfismp) against S. aureuChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fermentation of milk with gut- friendly bacteria, yogurt is an excellent aid to balance the bacteriological ecosystem in the human intestine...
- Expansion and Enhancement of the Arkansas FERN Chemistry LaboratoryJeffery H Moran; Fiscal Year: 2013..mandarin oranges, pineapple juice, chocolate syrup, soy-based baby formula, snack cakes, energy drinks, drinkable yogurt, balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, catfish, and spirits...
- Probiotic Yogurt for the Treatment of Minimal Hepatic EncephalopathyJasmohan S Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2011..a significantly higher rate of MHE reversal with excellent adherence in patients randomized to probiotic yogurt compared to no therapy...
- Yogurt beverages as a vehicle to deliver high dose probioticsDaniel J Merenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Yogurt can be an effective delivery vehicle for probiotics, but generally yogurts available in the United States are not ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES ON FOOD INTAKE AND OBESITYBARBARA JEAN ROLLS; Fiscal Year: 2013..group of participants will be provided with pre-portioned foods (such as frozen entries, fruit and vegetables, and yogurt) for two meals and one snack daily during the intervention phase, in addition to receiving basic nutritional ..
- Self-regulatory Control and Eating: A Neuroimaging Study of Bulimia NervosaLaura A Berner; Fiscal Year: 2013..The study then aims to extend findings using a novel, go/no-go liquid-meal sipping task and a palatable yogurt shake...
- Feasibility Study of Probiotics for Growth FalteringChristine Wanke; Fiscal Year: 2006..of conducting a randomized-double blinded controlled study of the probiotic Lactobacillus GG (LGG) given in yogurt to infants at the time of weaning as a culturally and economically appropriate intervention for this cycle of ..
- Identifying and characterizing small molecules from the human microbiomeMICHAEL ANDREW FISCHBACH; Fiscal Year: 2010..and human disease, it will also lay the groundwork for engineering new probiotic bacterial strains (like the bacteria found in yogurt) that could promote human health and help fight diseases like Crohn's disease and obesity.
- Developing Probiotics as Foods and Drugs - Scientific and Regulatory ChallengesPatricia Hibberd; Fiscal Year: 2006..Foods containing probiotic organisms include: milk, buttermilks, yogurt, infant formulas, fruit drinks, cheese, sour-dough, and various forms of fermented whey- based drinks...
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC CORRELATES OF EARLY MENOPAUSEDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 1992..early menopause and galactose consumption is one of considerable public health importance because of a substantial increase in the use of galactose rich foods in this country, especially yogurt, whose use has quadrupled since 1970.
- Genetic analysis of Cryptococcus neoformans virulenceJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will enable a genome-wide definition of the gene set contributing to virulence of this common human fungal pathogen. ..
- HUMAN FOOD INTAKE CONTROL--GASTRIC & INTESTINAL FACTORSHarry Kissileff; Fiscal Year: 2002..e. satiety), a newly developed questionnaire, which can discriminate these two modes of intake inhibition, will be employed. ..
- WHO MULTICENTER GROWTH REFERENCE STUDY: U.S. SITEKathryn Dewey; Fiscal Year: 2002..The data will be pooled by WHO to create a new growth reference, applicable to all infants and children internationally. ..
- GPCR signaling cascades in Cryptococcus neoformansJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validity of Diabetes Self-Reports in the Women's Health InitiativeKaren Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the study will help determine whether self-reported diabetes can be used for other analyses of the WHI data, and for post- menopausal women in other studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Calcineurin in Fungal VirulenceJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Importantly, this pathway can be targeted for therapeutic intervention using non-immunosuppressive calcineurin inhibitors that retain antifungal activity and synergistic drug combinations that we have discovered. ..
- Genetics of mating and fruiting in Cryptococcus neoformansJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2010..neoformans and C. gattii applicable to development of treatment approaches, diagnostics, or environmental interventions to reduce exposure to infectious spores. ..
- Addressing Fear of Food in Anorexia NervosaJoanna Steinglass; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant proposes a new and innovative treatment for patients with anorexia nervosa, which if successful, will reduce this high relapse rate and could have implications for acute treatment of anorexia nervosa, as well. ..
- ENDOTOXIN AND SUSCEPTIBILITY TO TRICHOTHECENE MYCOTOXINSJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2002..Over the long term, this research will provide insight into adverse immunologic consequences that may occur in LPS-exposed individuals who are exposed to environmental toxicants." ..
- DIETARY LIPIDS AND EXPERIMENTAL IGA NEPHROPATHYJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..