Genomes and Genes
Summary: The unsuccessful attempt to kill oneself.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Childhood abuse, household dysfunction, and the risk of attempted suicide throughout the life span: findings from the Adverse Childhood Experiences StudyS R Dube
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adult and Community Health, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, MS K 45, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
JAMA 286:3089-96. 2001..An expanding body of research suggests that childhood trauma and adverse experiences can lead to a variety of negative health outcomes, including attempted suicide among adolescents and adults.
- Cross-national prevalence and risk factors for suicidal ideation, plans and attemptsMatthew K Nock
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Br J Psychiatry 192:98-105. 2008..Suicide is a leading cause of death worldwide; however, the prevalence and risk factors for the immediate precursors to suicide - suicidal ideation, plans and attempts - are not wellknown, especially in low- and middle-income countries...
- Method of attempted suicide as predictor of subsequent successful suicide: national long term cohort studyBo Runeson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Division of Psychiatry, St Göran, SE 112 81 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 341:c3222. 2010To study the association between method of attempted suicide and risk of subsequent successful suicide.
- Predictors of non-suicidal self-injury versus attempted suicide: similar or different?Lars Wichstrøm
Department of Psychology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7041 Trondheim, Norway
Arch Suicide Res 13:105-22. 2009..NSSI did not increase the risk of future SA. NSSI and SA may be thus conceived of as only partly overlapping phenomena, and not necessarily just representing different degrees of suicidality...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for lifetime suicide attempts in the National Comorbidity SurveyR C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 56:617-26. 1999..Risk factors for these transitions are also studied...
- Suicide, suicide attempts and pesticides: a major hidden public health problemJose M Bertolote
Bull World Health Organ 84:260. 2006
- Gender differences in risk factors for attempted suicide among young adults: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyJian Zhang
Institute for Families in Society, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA
Ann Epidemiol 15:167-74. 2005To identify the significant factors associated with attempted suicide among men and women, and determine whether socioeconomic status (SES) and social support indictors, health risk factors, and lifetime history of medical and ..
- High rates of suicide and attempted suicide using pesticides in Nickerie, Suriname, South AmericaT Graafsma
Department of Medical Psychology, General Hospital in Nickerie, Suriname
Crisis 27:77-81. 2006Suicide and attempted suicide are identified as a serious mental health problem in Suriname, especially in the district of Nickerie...
- General practitioner contacts with patients before and after deliberate self harmK Houston
Centre for Suicide Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford
Br J Gen Pract 53:365-70. 2003..Although much attention is focused on suicide prevention by psychiatric services, the role of the general practitioner (GP) in the prevention of suicidal behaviour and in the aftercare of DSH patients is also important...
- Psychosis alters association between IQ and future risk of attempted suicide: cohort study of 1,109,475 Swedish menG David Batty
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
BMJ 340:c2506. 2010To explore associations between IQ measured in early adulthood and subsequent hospital admissions for attempted suicide and to explore the role of psychosis and examine associations of IQ with specific methods of attempted suicide.
- Columbia Classification Algorithm of Suicide Assessment (C-CASA): classification of suicidal events in the FDA's pediatric suicidal risk analysis of antidepressantsKelly Posner
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1035-43. 2007....
- Self-injurious behavior and attempted suicide in purging bulimia nervosa: associations with psychiatric comorbidityAngela Favaro
Department of Neurosciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Affect Disord 105:285-9. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the axis I and II comorbidity in subjects with bulimia nervosa who report self-injurious behavior and/or suicide attempt...
- A current perspective of suicide and attempted suicideJ John Mann
Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:302-11. 2002..This review includes a hypothesized stress-diathesis model, which has implications for detection of high-risk patients and treatment interventions, and discusses promising treatment approaches that have been recently identified...
- The prevalence of suicidal phenomena in adolescents: a systematic review of population-based studiesEmma Evans
University of Oxford, UK
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:239-50. 2005..The mean proportion of adolescents reporting they had attempted suicide at some point in their lives was 9.7% (95% CI, 8.5-10.9), and 29.9% (95% CI, 26.1-33...
- Suicide in developing countries (2): risk factorsLakshmi Vijayakumar
SNEHA and VHS, Chennai, India
Crisis 26:112-9. 2005....
- Anticonvulsant medications and the risk of suicide, attempted suicide, or violent deathElisabetta Patorno
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont St, Ste 3030, Boston, MA 02120, USA
JAMA 303:1401-9. 2010..The decision was based on a meta-analysis not sufficiently large to investigate individual drugs...
- Suicide and serious suicide attempts in youth: a multiple-group comparison studyAnnette L Beautrais
Canterbury Suicide Project, Cristchurch, New Zealand
Am J Psychiatry 160:1093-9. 2003..This study compared risk factors for suicide and medically serious nonfatal suicide attempts among youth under 25 years of age...
- Anxiety disorders and risk for suicidal ideation and suicide attempts: a population-based longitudinal study of adultsJitender Sareen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Manitoba, 771 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3N4, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1249-57. 2005..Controversy exists whether anxiety disorders are independently associated (ie, after adjusting for comorbid mental disorders) with suicidal ideation and suicide attempts...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder comorbid with major depression: factors mediating the association with suicidal behaviorMaria Oquendo
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 42, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:560-6. 2005....
- Attempted suicide among Inuit youth: psychosocial correlates and implications for preventionL J Kirmayer
Department of Psychiatry, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 43:816-22. 1998To identify potential risk and protective factors associated with attempted suicide among Inuit youth, a population known to have a high rate of both attempted and completed suicide in recent years.
- Attitudes of general hospital emergency room personnel towards attempted suicide patientsKirsi Suominen
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 61:387-92. 2007The aim of this study was to compare the attitudes of emergency room staff towards patients who have attempted suicide between two general hospitals, one with psychiatric consultation available and the other without...
- Epidemiological trends of suicide and attempted suicide by poisoning in the US: 2000-2008Henry A Spiller
Kentucky Regional Poison Control Center, Louisville, KY, USA
Leg Med (Tokyo) 12:177-83. 2010..recent trend toward an increased rate has been paralleled by an increase in emergency department visits for attempted suicide. The purpose of this study was to examine trends in suspected suicide (SS) cases reported to the National ..
- Social support and suicidal ideation in older adults using home healthcare servicesJennifer L Rowe
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:758-66. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine the associations between objective and subjective social support and suicidal ideation in older adults receiving home healthcare services...
- Socioeconomic disparities and attempted suicide: state of knowledge and implications for research and preventionStephanie Burrows
Research Centre of the University of Montreal Hospital Centre Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Montreal, 1301 rue Sherbrooke East, Quebec, Canada
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 17:23-40. 2010..review covers studies that have examined the relationship between socioeconomic status (SES) and attempted suicide over a 20 year period...
- Acetaminophen toxicity: suicidal vs. accidentalGeeta G Gyamlani
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Crit Care 6:155-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the epidemiology of various types of acetaminophen poisoning and analyze their outcome compared with their admission characteristics...
- Risk factors for suicidality in Europe: results from the ESEMED studyM Bernal
Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Dr Antoni Pujades 42, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain
J Affect Disord 101:27-34. 2007..The aims of the present study were to investigate the prevalence and correlates of suicidal ideas and attempts in the general population of Europe...
- Population attributable fractions of psychiatric disorders and suicide ideation and attempts associated with adverse childhood experiencesTracie O Afifi
Department of Community Health Sciences at the University of Manitoba, PZ 430771 Bannatyne Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 3N4
Am J Public Health 98:946-52. 2008..We sought to determine the fractions of psychiatric disorders and suicide ideation and attempts in a general population sample attributable to childhood physical abuse, sexual abuse, and witnessing domestic violence...
- Impulsivity and clinical symptoms among adolescents with non-suicidal self-injury with or without attempted suicideDonald M Dougherty
Neurobehavioral Research Laboratory and Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Psychiatry Res 169:22-7. 2009..Risk assessments for adolescents with NSSI+SA should include consideration not only of the severity of clinical symptoms but of the current level impulsivity as well...
- Attempted suicide in bipolar disorder pedigrees: evidence for linkage to 2p12Virginia L Willour
Department of Psychiatry and Behaviorial Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:725-7. 2007We are interested in identifying susceptibility genes that predispose subjects to attempted suicide.
- Childhood adversities and risk for suicidal ideation and attempts: a longitudinal population-based studyMurray W Enns
Department of Psychiatry and Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada
Psychol Med 36:1769-78. 2006..The present study examined the association between childhood adversities and new onset suicidal ideation and attempts in an adult population-based sample...
- Deaths from all causes in a long-term follow-up study of 11,583 deliberate self-harm patientsK Hawton
Centre for Suicide Research, University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Psychol Med 36:397-405. 2006..Deliberate self-harm (DSH) may be associated with increased risk of death from a variety of causes, not just suicide...
- Associations of substance use, abuse, and dependence with subsequent suicidal behaviorG Borges
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 151:781-9. 2000..Clinicians need to be aware that current substance use, even in the absence of abuse or dependence, is a significant risk factor for unplanned suicide attempts among ideators...
- Increased impulsivity associated with severity of suicide attempt history in patients with bipolar disorderAlan C Swann
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 1300 Moursund, Rm 270, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1680-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between impulsivity and severity of past suicidal behavior, a potential predictor of eventual suicide, in patients with bipolar disorder...
- Factors associated with suicide attempts in 648 patients with bipolar disorder in the Stanley Foundation Bipolar NetworkGabriele S Leverich
Stanley Foundation Bipolar Treatment Outcome Network, Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, Biological Psychiatry Branch, Bethesda, MD 20892 1272, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:506-15. 2003..We investigated demographic and course-of-illness variables to better understand the incidence and potential clinical correlates of serious suicide attempts in 648 outpatients with bipolar disorder...
- Gender differences in suicide attempts from adolescence to young adulthoodP M Lewinsohn
Oregon Research Institute, 1715 Franklin Blvd, Eugene, OR 97403 1983, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:427-34. 2001..To examine associations of age, gender, and psychosocial factors during adolescence with risk of suicide attempt between ages 19 and 23 years...
- Determinants and outcomes of serious attempted suicide: a nationwide study in Finland, 1996-2003Jari Haukka
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 167:1155-63. 2008Suicide is among the 10 leading causes of death. Attempted suicide is 10-40 times more frequent than completed suicide and is the strongest single predictor of subsequent suicide...
- Familial pathways to early-onset suicidal behavior: familial and individual antecedents of suicidal behaviorNadine M Melhem
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1364-70. 2007..The authors sought to identify clinical predictors of new-onset suicidal behavior in children of parents with a history of mood disorder and suicidal behavior...
- Long-term suicide risk of depression in the Lundby cohort 1947-1997--severity and genderL Bradvik
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Psychiatry, Lundby Study, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Psychiatr Scand 117:185-91. 2008..The long-term suicide risk of depression was evaluated in a community sample by severity and gender...
- Gender, early alcohol use, and suicide ideation and attempts: findings from the 2005 youth risk behavior surveyMonica H Swahn
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:175-81. 2007..To examine the cross-sectional associations between preteen alcohol use initiation and subsequent suicide ideation and attempts for boys and girls in a nationally representative sample of high school students...
- Age of alcohol use initiation, suicidal behavior, and peer and dating violence victimization and perpetration among high-risk, seventh-grade adolescentsMonica H Swahn
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:297-305. 2008..We examined the cross-sectional associations between reports of an early age of alcohol use initiation and suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and peer and dating violence victimization and perpetration among high-risk adolescents...
- Prevention of suicide and attempted suicide in Denmark. Epidemiological studies of suicide and intervention studies in selected risk groupsMerete Nordentoft
Department of Psychiatry, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Dennmark merete nordentoft dadlnet dk
Dan Med Bull 54:306-69. 2007..with alcohol and drug abuse, persons with newly diagnosed severe physical illness, all who previously attempted suicide, and groups of homeless, institutionalized, prisoners and other socially excluded persons...
- Body mass index and attempted suicide: Cohort study of 1,133,019 Swedish menG David Batty
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Am J Epidemiol 172:890-9. 2010..The authors have explored BMI-attempted suicide associations in a large cohort of 1,133,019 Swedish men born between 1950 and 1976, with BMI measured in ..
- Attempted suicide in the elderly: characteristics of suicide attempters 70 years and older and a general population comparison groupStefan Wiktorsson
Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Neuropshychiatric Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:57-67. 2010To identify factors associated with attempted suicide in the elderly.
- Attempted suicide among transgender persons: The influence of gender-based discrimination and victimizationKristen Clements-Nolle
Department of Health Ecology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
J Homosex 51:53-69. 2006To determine the independent predictors of attempted suicide among transgender persons we interviewed 392 male-to-female (MTF) and 123 female-to-male (FTM) individuals...
- Effects of legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol and salicylate on self poisoning in the United Kingdom: before and after studyK Hawton
Centre for Suicide Research, University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
BMJ 322:1203-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: Legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol and salicylates in the United Kingdom has had substantial beneficial effects on mortality and morbidity associated with self poisoning using these drugs...
- Toward a clinical model of suicidal behavior in psychiatric patientsJ J Mann
Mental Health Clinical Research Center for the Study of Suicidal Behavior, Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:181-9. 1999....
- Risk factors for suicide and attempted suicide among young peopleA L Beautrais
Canterbury Suicide Project, Christchurch School of Medicine, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 34:420-36. 2000..This paper summarises current knowledge about risk factors for suicide and suicide attempts in young people...
- Sociodemographic and psychopathological risk factors for repetition of attempted suicide: a 5-year follow-up studyGerrit Scoliers
Unit for Suicide Research, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
Arch Suicide Res 13:201-13. 2009..Repetition of suicidal behavior is associated with high anxiety, severe depression, more psychiatric symptoms and is increased in young patients...
- Epidemiology, clinical consequences, and psychosocial treatment of nonadherence in schizophreniaStefan Leucht
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Klinikum rechts der Isarder, Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 67:3-8. 2006..of illness for these patients as is shown by data on relapse, rehospitalization, time to remission, and attempted suicide. Several factors that contribute to poor adherence have been identified and need to be taken into account ..
- Acne, anxiety, depression and suicide in teenagers: a cross-sectional survey of New Zealand secondary school studentsDiana Purvis
Department of Dermatology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, London, United Kingdom
J Paediatr Child Health 42:793-6. 2006..To examine the associations between acne and depressive symptoms, anxiety and suicidal behaviours...
- Attempted and completed suicide in older subjects: results from the WHO/EURO Multicentre Study of Suicidal BehaviourD De Leo
WHO Collaborating Centre on Suicide Prevention, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:300-10. 2001..In most centres, the majority of elderly who attempted suicide were widow(er)s, often living alone, who used predominantly voluntary drug ingestion...
- National study of US emergency department visits for attempted suicide and self-inflicted injury, 1997-2001Arpi Doshi
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Emerg Med 46:369-75. 2005We describe the epidemiology of emergency department (ED) visits for attempted suicide and self-inflicted injury.
- Attempted suicide in Hanoi, VietnamHuong Tran Thi Thanh
Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:64-71. 2005b>Attempted suicide is a key predictor of suicide, which is among the dominant causes of young people's deaths worldwide. Very little is known about the characteristics of suicide attempters in Asia, especially in Vietnam.
- Association of comorbid posttraumatic stress disorder and major depression with greater risk for suicidal behaviorMaria A Oquendo
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York, 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:580-2. 2003..The authors' goal was to examine the effect of comorbid PTSD and major depressive episode on suicidal behavior...
- Lifetime risk of suicide ideation and attempts in an Australian community: prevalence, suicidal process, and help-seeking behaviourDiego De Leo
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University, Mt Gravatt Campus, 4111 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Affect Disord 86:215-24. 2005..The feasibility of the different branches of the study was piloted in Queensland, Australia. This paper reports on the community survey component...
- Health care contacts before and after attempted suicide among adolescent and young adult versus older suicide attemptersK Suominen
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Psychol Med 34:313-21. 2004The pattern of all health care contacts among young people before and after attempted suicide is not well documented...
- No evidence for an association of polymorphisms of the tryptophan hydroxylase gene with affective disorders or attempted suicide among Japanese patientsH Kunugi
Department of Psychiatry, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Psychiatry 156:774-6. 1999..The authors examined whether polymorphisms A218C and A779C in intron 7 of the tryptophan hydroxylase gene are associated with a risk for affective disorders or suicidal behavior...
- Substance use-disorder treatment and a decline in attempted suicide during and after treatmentMark A Ilgen
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Road MPD 152, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:503-9. 2007..The present study examines whether treatment setting, length of treatment, and availability/use of psychiatric services are associated with a reduced likelihood of a suicide attempt during and 1 year after treatment...
- Attempted suicide among Iranian populationHomayoun Sheikholeslami
Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:456-66. 2008..The results on the GHQ-28 indicate that the process through which individuals move from suicidal thought to action may decrease multiple dimensions of quality of life...
- Modifiable risk factors for attempted suicide in Australian clinical and community samplesGregory L Carter
Suicide Prevention Research Unit, Centre for Mental Health Studies, Newcastle Mater Miseriocordae Hospital, Warath, NSW 2298, Australia
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:671-80. 2007..Two case-control studies were used: nationwide community-based lifetime attempted suicide (ComAS) cases compared to nationwide community controls; and clinical deliberate self-poisoning (ClinDSP) ..
- Physical stature and method-specific attempted suicide: cohort study of one million menElise Whitley
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, UK
Psychiatry Res 179:116-8. 2010..We have examined adult height and attempted suicide risk in a cohort of 1,102,293 Swedish men and, in fully-adjusted analyses, found decreasing stepwise ..
- Attempted suicide, psychological health and exposure to harassment among Japanese homosexual, bisexual or other men questioning their sexual orientation recruited via the internetY Hidaka
Department of Global Health and Socio Epidemiology, Kyoto University School of Public Health, Kyoto shi, Kyoto, Japan
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:962-7. 2006To investigate the rates of attempted suicide and its association with psychological distress, experiences of bullying and verbal harassment, and demographic characteristics among Japanese homosexual, bisexual or other men questioning ..
- Suicide and attempted suicide in eating disorders, obesity and weight-image concernMaurizio Pompili
Department of Psychiatry, Sant Andrea Hospital, University of Rome La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035, Rome, Italy
Eat Behav 7:384-94. 2006..Both in the case of bulimia nervosa and obesity more long-term follow-up studies need to be completed before the risk of suicide for such disorders may be compared with that for anorexia nervosa...
- Personality and attempted suicide in depressed adults 50 years of age and older: a facet level analysisJ David Useda
Laboratory of Personality and Development, Center for the Study and Prevention of Suicide, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Compr Psychiatry 45:353-61. 2004We examined the contribution of personality traits to attempted suicide, the number of suicidal attempts, and suicidal ideation in a sample of depressed inpatients...
- Association study of onset age, attempted suicide, aggressive behavior, and schizophrenia with a serotonin 1B receptor (A-161T) genetic polymorphismChen Jee Hong
Department of Psychiatry, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 49:1-4. 2004..susceptibility to schizophrenic disorders and is associated with age of onset, aggressive behavior and attempted suicide. We genotyped the A-161T polymorphism in 110 patients with schizophrenic disorders and in 215 normal ..
- Severity of attempted suicide as measured by the Pierce Suicidal Intent ScaleMerike Sisask
Estonian Swedish Mental Health and Suicidology Institute, Estonian Centre of Behavioral and Health Sciences, Tallinn, Estonia Tallinn University, Tallinn, Estonia
Crisis 30:136-43. 2009..Suicidal intent is an essential feature of suicidal behavior. Previous research has been controversial and the need for further evidence has been pointed out...
- Subsequent mortality in medically serious suicide attempts: a 5 year follow-upAnnette L Beautrais
Canterbury Suicide Project, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 37:595-9. 2003..To document mortality in a consecutive series of 302 individuals who made medically serious suicide attempts and were followed-up for 5 years...
- How the psychiatrists of a mental health department managed their patients before an attempted suicidePaolo Scocco
Community Mental Health Centre, Via Buzzaccarini 1, 35124 Padova, Italy
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 63:706-14. 2009The aim of this survey was to describe patients in care at a large mental health department in northern Italy who attempted suicide, and the clinical management adopted by their psychiatrists before the event.
- Psychosocial correlates of U.S. adolescents who report a history of forced sexual intercourseDonna E Howard
Department of Public and Community Health, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:372-9. 2005..A comprehensive assessment of the psychosocial risk profiles of adolescents who report forced sexual intercourse remains an important gap in the literature, precluding meaningful discussion of the implications of such experiences...
- [Attempted suicide by intravenous injection of metasystox]O Volk
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Krefeld, Krefeld, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 37:280-3. 2002A 27-year old man was admitted to the hospital after having attempted suicide by injection of 30 ml of metasystox (demeton-s-methyl), an organophosphate compound, in a cubital vein of the left arm...
- CSF 5-HIAA, attempted suicide and suicide risk in schizophrenia spectrum psychosisAndreas Carlborg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Schizophr Res 112:80-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between levels of CSF 5-HIAA, CSF HVA and suicidal behavior in patients with schizophrenia spectrum psychosis...
- Trends in suicide ideation, plans, gestures, and attempts in the United States, 1990-1992 to 2001-2003Ronald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
JAMA 293:2487-95. 2005..Little is known about trends in suicidal ideation, plans, gestures, or attempts or about their treatment. Such data are needed to guide and evaluate policies to reduce suicide-related behaviors...
- Relationship between attempted suicide, serum cholesterol level and novelty seeking in psychiatric in-patientsEric Guillem
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Fernand Widal, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 200, rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, 75010, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 112:83-8. 2002..The study included 155 psychiatric in-patients, 21.9% (n=34) of whom had recently attempted suicide. Their cholesterol level was compared to that of patients with no suicide attempt...
- A case-control study of antidepressants and attempted suicide during early phase treatment of major depressive episodesMark Olfson
New York State Psychiatric Institute Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:425-32. 2008..To estimate the relative risk of suicide attempts in child and adult outpatients initiating antidepressants for major depressive episodes compared to those not treated with antidepressants...
- Attempted suicide among heroin users: 12-month outcomes from the Australian Treatment Outcome Study (ATOS)Shane Darke
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, NSW 2052, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 78:177-86. 2005..The proportion who had attempted suicide in the 12 months since baseline was not significantly different from that reported in the 12 months ..
- The validity of proxy-based data in suicide research: a study of patients 50 years of age and older who attempted suicide. II. Life events, social support and suicidal behaviorK R Conner
Center for the Study and Prevention of Suicide, University of Rochester Medical Center, 3300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:452-7. 2001..respondent reports of stressful life events, social support and suicidal behavior among individuals who attempted suicide. METHOD: Subjects were 80 psychiatric in-patients admitted following a suicide attempt...
- Serum lipids and risk factors for attempted suicide in patients with alcohol dependenceEberhard A Deisenhammer
Department of General Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:460-5. 2006..Although a number of risk factors have been suggested there is still no well-defined risk profile for attempted suicide in alcoholic patients...
- Risk and protective factors for medically serious suicide attempts: a comparison of hospital-based with population-based samples of young adultsMaria Donald
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:87-96. 2006..To investigate risk and protective factors for medically serious suicide attempts among young Australian adults...
- Factors relating to adolescent suicidal behavior: a cross-sectional Malaysian school surveyPaul C Y Chen
Department of Community Medicine, International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Adolesc Health 37:337. 2005..This study was undertaken to examine factors relating to adolescent suicide behavior...
- Attempted suicide among young people: risk factors in a prospective register based study of Danish children born in 1966M N Christoffersen
The Danish National Institute of Social Research, Copenhagen K, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 108:350-8. 2003..In order to prevent suicidal behaviour among adolescents and young adults it would be valuable to know if altering the conditions of their upbringing could reduce their suicidal behaviour. The study surveys possible risk factors...
- Racial disparities in mental health service use by adolescents who thought about or attempted suicideStacey Freedenthal
Graduate School of Social work at the University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:22-34. 2007..Results indicate that racial disparities characterize adolescents' mental health service use even when suicide risk increases...
- Case-control association study of TGOLN2 in attempted suicidePamela B Mahon
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1016-23. 2010..Three linkage studies using the attempted suicide phenotype in pedigrees with bipolar disorder, major depression, or alcoholism have provided consistent ..
- Serum concentrations of antioxidant vitamins and carotenoids are low in individuals with a history of attempted suicideYanfeng Li
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA
Nutr Neurosci 10:51-8. 2007..Low consumption of fruits and vegetable has been reported in individuals with psychiatric disorders. We tested the hypothesis that antioxidant vitamins and carotenoids rich in fruits and vegetable may be consequently low among attempters...
- Attempted suicide among injecting and noninjecting cocaine users in Sydney, AustraliaShane Darke
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, New South Wales, Australia
J Urban Health 81:505-15. 2004..and 63 primary noninjecting cocaine users (NICUs) were administered a structured interview to ascertain attempted suicide histories, methods used, and factors associated with suicide attempts...
- Giving up or finding a solution? The experience of attempted suicide in later lifeL Crocker
Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care NHS Trust, London, UK
Aging Ment Health 10:638-47. 2006..Risk factors identified in the literature were often absent or construed by participants as not relevant to their attempt. Individual accounts highlight the diversity and complexity of experience of older people who attempt suicide...
- Suicide and attempted suicide among people of Caribbean origin with psychosis living in the UKK McKenzie
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 183:40-4. 2003..Aims To compare rates of suicidal behaviour in people of Caribbean and British White origin in a large multi-centre sample of patients with psychosis...
- Adoption as a risk factor for attempted suicide during adolescenceG Slap
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 108:E30. 2001....
- Psychiatric care as seen by the attempted suicide patientM Samuelsson
Department of Caring Science and Social work, Kalmar University, Kalmar, Sweden
J Adv Nurs 32:635-43. 2000Psychiatric care as seen by the attempted suicide patient This study highlights the experiences of patients during in-patient psychiatric care in Sweden following a suicide attempt...
- Trauma, attempted suicide, and morning cortisol in a community sample of adolescentsRobert Young
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, UK
J Trauma Stress 23:288-91. 2010Individuals exposed to trauma or who have attempted suicide may show abnormal cortisol profiles; those exposed to significant trauma show reduced, while those who attempt suicide show increased cortisol output, although the evidence is ..
- Self-harm or attempted suicide? Do suicide notes help us decide the level of intent in those who survive?Wally Barr
University of Liverpool Health and Community Care Research Unit, Thompson Yates Building, Quadrangle, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Accid Emerg Nurs 15:122-7. 2007..However, in a number of cases a note is written by an individual who survives an apparent act of attempted suicide. These cases will frequently present at a hospital accident and emergency department (A&E) and will be ..
- Comparison of completed and attempted suicide in Akita, JapanMasahito Fushimi
Akita Prefectural Mental Health and Welfare Center, Department of Psychiatry, Akita University of Medicine and Saito Shinkeika Clinic, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 60:289-95. 2006..Significant differences were identified between completed and attempted suicide groups in terms of gender, age distribution, and suicidal methods...
- Time patterns of attempted suicideHanna Valtonen
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Mannerheimintie 166, FI 00300 Helsinki, Finland
J Affect Disord 90:201-7. 2006The association of mental disorders with time patterns of attempted suicide is poorly understood.
- Clinical response and risk for reported suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in pediatric antidepressant treatment: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsJeffrey A Bridge
Department of Pediatrics and Columbus Children s Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
JAMA 297:1683-96. 2007..The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued warnings that use of antidepressant medications poses a small but significantly increased risk of suicidal ideation/suicide attempt for children and adolescents...
- Suicide and attempted suicide in France: results of a general practice sentinel network, 1999-2001Francoise Le Pont
INSERM U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Br J Gen Pract 54:282-4. 2004The continuous surveillance of suicide and attempted suicide cases was added to the tasks of the French Sentinel Network of General Practitioners (GPs) in 1999...
- Correlates of attempted suicide among young injection drug users in a multi-site cohortJennifer R Havens
Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, University of Kentucky, 915B South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 75:261-9. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence and correlates of attempted suicide among young injection drug users (IDUs) from six study sites in five US cities...
- Possible association between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and attempted suicide in adolescents - a pilot studyI Manor
Geha Mental Health Center, P O Box 102, 49100 Petach Tikva, Israel
Eur Psychiatry 25:146-50. 2010..Studies on the association between these two phenomena are relatively rare. This pilot study's aim was to estimate the rate of ADHD in adolescents attempting suicide...
- Correlates and antecedents of hospital admission for attempted suicide: a nationwide survey in ItalyAntonio Preti
Department of Psychology, University of Cagliari, Loc Sa Duchessa, 09123, Cagliari, Italy
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 260:181-90. 2010..Patients were evaluated in terms of whether they had been admitted for having attempted suicide or not...
- Self harm and attempted suicide in adults: 10 practical questions and answers for emergency department staffA J Mitchell
Department of Liaison Psychiatry, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Emerg Med J 23:251-5. 2006..It is also recommended that adolescents and elderly people warrant a mandatory specialist assessment...
- Multisystemic therapy effects on attempted suicide by youths presenting psychiatric emergenciesStanley J Huey
Department of Psychology and Program in American Studies and Ethnicity, University of Sothern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:183-90. 2004To evaluate the efficacy of multisystemic therapy (MST) in reducing attempted suicide among predominantly African American youths referred for emergency psychiatric hospitalization.
- Suicides and serious suicide attempts: two populations or one?A L Beautrais
Canterbury Suicide Project, Christchurch School of Medicine, New Zealand
Psychol Med 31:837-45. 2001..Few studies have examined the extent to which populations of suicides and attempted suicides are similar, or different. This paper compares suicides and serious suicide attempts in terms of known risk factors for suicidal behaviour...
- Psychiatric features of seriously life-threatening suicide attempters: a clinical study from a general hospital in JapanSatomi Murase
Department of Psychiatry and Department of Emergency Medicine, Chukyo Hospital, 1 1 10, Sanjo, Minami Ku, Nagoya 457 0866, Japan
J Psychosom Res 55:379-83. 2003Although attempted suicide is one of the strongest predictors of completed suicide, few Japanese studies have described psychiatric differences between those who attempt suicide by overdose (OD) and those who use more violent methods (MV).
- Fatal Choice - Behavioral Economics of Vulnerability for Late-Life SuicideKATALIN NONE SZANTO; Fiscal Year: 2011..between (a) proneness to empathy gaps induced by depressed mood and interpersonal rejection and (b) attempted suicide. Our study design will include race-, gender-, and education-equated groups of older adults: 40 suicide ..
- 2/2 - Familial Pathways to Early-Onset Suicide AttemptsJOSEPH JOHN MANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..how suicidal behavior runs in families;(2) predict suicidal behavior in the children of parents who have attempted suicide;and (3) yield intermediate phenotypes that can advance genetic studies of suicidal behavior...
- Attempted Suicide Candidate Gene ResequencingVirginia L Willour; Fiscal Year: 2013..a genome-wide association study by comparing genotypes from subjects with bipolar disorder and a history of attempted suicide (attempters) to those from subjects with bipolar disorder and no history of attempted suicide (non-..
- Culture, Risk Factors and Suicide Attempt in Rural ChinaJie Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..CCs), by examining the impact of cultural factors related to Confucian values and communist ideology on attempted suicide in rural China and the role of gender in the relationship. 3...
- Suicidal Behavior in Mood Disorders:Genes and Intermediate PhenotypesJOSEPH JOHN MANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..genes 4000 cases that span the higher severity range of suicidal behavior, namely completed suicide and attempted suicide compared to both psychiatrically matched controls and to healthy volunteers...
- Suicidal Behavior in Mood Disorders: Genes and Intermediate PhenotypesGustavo Turecki; Fiscal Year: 2012..genes 4000 cases that span the higher severity range of suicidal behavior, namely completed suicide and attempted suicide compared to both psychiatrically matched controls and to healthy volunteers...
- Coping Long-Term with Attempted Suicide Program - AdolescentsShirley Yen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The purpose of this R34 treatment development grant is to develop the "Coping Long-term with Attempted Suicide Program - Adolescents (CLASP-A)," an integrated, adjunctive intervention program for adolescents who have ..
- Adapting Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Children with Suicidality and/or Self-HFrancheska Perepletchikova; Fiscal Year: 2013..cutting) as up to 40% of those who engage in self-harm report having suicidal ideations and up to 85% have attempted suicide at least once...
- Genetic Risk Factor For Suicidal BehaviorVirginia L Willour; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the first iteration of this grant, we conducted an attempted suicide genome-wide association study (GWAS), which generated an association signal on 2p25 at rs300774 (p=5...
- Effectiveness trial of youth suicide prevention delivered by teen peer leadersPeter A Wyman; Fiscal Year: 2013..trial to evaluate the effectiveness of the Sources of Strength (SoS) intervention in reducing rates of attempted suicide among adolescents in rural communities...
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR IN BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDERPaul H Soloff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, 245 BPD subjects are enrolled, with a 92% trace rate. By 2 year follow-up, 25% of subjects re-attempted suicide. Using trajectory analysis, a High Lethality BPD subtype has been defined by the increasing lethality of ..
- Impact of Adolescent Suicide Attempts on ParentsDavid B Goldston; Fiscal Year: 2012..project will help us to understand the mental health and treatment needs of mothers of adolescents who have attempted suicide. The results of this study will help shed light on the best strategies for meeting parental needs following ..
- China Collaborative Suicide Research Training ProgramEric D Caine; Fiscal Year: 2010..to participate in interdisciplinary research;to develop and conduct research pertaining to suicide and attempted suicide in China, including research related to suicide prevention efforts;and to systematically evaluate the ..
- ICOHRTA: China-Rochester Suicide Research CenterEric D Caine; Fiscal Year: 2010..Suicide and attempted suicide are major public health problems, recognized in China and HK, in the US, and by the WHO...
- Prevention of Suicidality in College Students: A Common Core Process ApproachJacqueline Pistorello; Fiscal Year: 2012..3% reported having actually attempted suicide (American College Health Association, 2007)...
- CDC Injury Control Research Center for Preventing Suicide (CDC ICRC S)Eric D Caine; Fiscal Year: 2013..promoting public health approaches that will reduce the mortality and morbidity associated with suicide and attempted suicide, by focusing on a diverse array of common distal risks that profoundly influence the life trajectories of ..
- Antidepressant Use and Suicidality: Comparative Safety in Children and AdultsSebastian Schneeweiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..5) Assess and improve the accuracy of coding attempted suicide in hospital and emergency room admissions...
- Center for Public Health and Population Interventions for Preventing SuicideEric Caine; Fiscal Year: 2009..our collective vision for public health and population-oriented approaches to preventing suicide and attempted suicide, and the morbidity arising from myriad associated risk factors...
- Alcoholism and SuicideKENNETH CONNER; Fiscal Year: 2002Alcoholism is a potent risk factor for suicide and attempted suicide, yet there is a paucity of controlled data on the factors that distinguish alcoholics who take their own lives or make medically serious suicide attempts...
- Religion and Suicidal Behavior Among Black AmericansSean Joe; Fiscal Year: 2010..applicant): Remarkably little is known about protective factors that reduce Blacks'risk for suicide or attempted suicide. In particular, the link between religion and suicide risk reduction in blacks has never been demonstrated ..
- Attempted Suicide and Alcohol DependenceKENNETH CONNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim 1, the roles of reactive and proactive aggression in attempted suicide are examined, and in Aim 2, the focus is on the experience of aloneness, assessed objectively as living ..
- Development of an Intervention for Suicide AttemptersIvan Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Suicide and attempted suicide are major public health issues in the United States, with suicide accounting for more than 29,000 deaths in the year 2000 and attempted suicide accounting for over 400,..
- Suicide Research and Prevention MHREGEric Caine; Fiscal Year: 2007Suicide and the morbidity associated with attempted suicide are major public health problems, as recognized by the U.S. Surgeon General and the U.S. Congress...
- STUDY OF COMPLETED AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDES IN ADOLESCENTSDavid Shaffer; Fiscal Year: 1990..between June, 1984 and May, 1986 and comparable numbers of age, sex and ethnically matched adolescents who attempted suicide, and community control adolescents (who have been similarly matched)...
- PRECURSORS TO ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY AND VIOLENCERolf Loeber; Fiscal Year: 2004..Forty five percent have inflicted moderate to serious injury on other individuals, and 24 percent have attempted suicide. Because violence usually increases during early adulthood, and because the stability of antisocial ..
- A Prospective Study of Suicide Prevention in the USAFKerry Knox; Fiscal Year: 2006..is to investigate whether the USAF Suicide Prevention Program results in a reduction in events of suicide, attempted suicide, and related morbidities, such as domestic violence, alcoholism and depression and maintains the reduction ..
- Unplanned and Planned Suicide Behavior in ChinaKENNETH CONNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..data are limited by small samples, uncontrolled data, inadequate measures of planning, and samples of attempted suicide (as opposed to suicide)...
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- SPECIFITY OF DEPRESSION RATING SCALE FOR SCHIZOPHRENICSDonald Addington; Fiscal Year: 1992..The practical importance of depression comes first from it's association with suicide and attempted suicide in schizophrenia, and secondly the need to distinguish between depression and extrapyramidal symptoms for ..
- Comorbid childhood anxiety and asthmaRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..That study will involve a longitudinal epidemiologic preventive intervention study aimed at reducing the risk of anxiety disorders among pediatric asthma/allergy patients. ..
- SKILLS BASED TREATMENT FOR ADOLESCENT SUICIDE ATTEMPTERSDeidre Donaldson; Fiscal Year: 1999..Adolescents who have previously attempted suicide are about eight times more likely to reattempt than adolescents who have not previously attempted...
- PREVENTING TREATMENT ATTRITION IN CHILD THERAPYMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Prevalence of and Risk and Protective Factors for Suicidal BehaviorsMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Measuring implicit associations about suicideMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this research have significant implications for research and clinical efforts related to suicide assessment. ..
- ACISR - Early-Onset Mood & Anxiety DisorderDavid Brent; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Center will enhance the development of the next generation of intervention and services researchers and will disseminate new research information to families, practitioners, and researchers. ..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSDavid Brent; Fiscal Year: 2006..This site is based in Pittsburgh, which also serves as the Data Coordinating Center for the study [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Suicidal Behavior in Persons with Schizophrenia in ChinaMAOSHENG RAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will be crucial for further mental health intervention and prevention of suicide among persons with schizophrenia. ..
- Course and Morbidity in Bipolar I DisorderRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anticipated findings should contribute important new information to guide effective interventions and allocation of increasingly limited treatment resources for BPD patients. ..
- Antidepressant discontinuation effectsRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2007..bipolar depressive subjects separately. The findings expected should contribute to improved safety of antidepressant treatment and reduced morbid and mortal risks following its discontinuation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Drug Abuse, Psychological Variables and Suicide AttemptsGregory Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PHARMACOTHERAPY OF HIGH-RISK BIPOLAR DISORDERMaria Oquendo; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) Lithium treatment will be superior to valproate in decreasing aggression. ..
- Family Motivational Interviews for ETOH+ Teens in the ERAnthony Spirito; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also test whether individual factors (motivation to change behavior) and environmental factors (parent/family influence and peer influence) mediate the relation between the treatment condition and outcomes. ..
- Longitudinal Course and Impact of DepressionJEREMY PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol-involved sexual victimization in college womenMartie Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study's application of theory to study risk factors and consequneces of AI-SV will enable research findings to be translated into intervention designs more effectively. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protective factors for sexual violence perpetrationMartie Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., transition from adolescence to young adulthood). Fifth, it examines if the model variables predict SV perpetration over time. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Help Seeking by At-Risk Youth After Suicide ScreeningsMadelyn Gould; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Relapse Prevention for Suicidal Dually Diagnosed YouthsDavid Goldston; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will be used to design an adequately powered, multi-site RCT examining the efficacy of CBT-RP for suicidal dually diagnosed adolescents. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC SEQUELAE OF SUICIDE IN SCHOOLSMadelyn Gould; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our ultimate goal is to utilize the information generated from the present study to develop a school based suicide postvention program and to prepare a controlled clinical trial to examine the efficacy of the postvention. ..
- Antidepressant Treatment and Suicidality: Biostatistical/Methodological SolutionsRobert Gibbons; Fiscal Year: 2006..Collaboration with members of the VA (Cunningham, Valenstein), Kaiser Permanente (Clarke, Gullion), PHARMO (Erkens) and the Indian Health Service (Perez) is an integral part of the proposal. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pilot Trial of Peer Support for Bipolar DisorderGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Studies on the Acquired Ability for SuicideTracy Witte; Fiscal Year: 2008..The third study will investigate gender differences in mood lability and how these differences facilitate exposure to painful stimuli, thereby conferring additional risk for suicide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluating Iatrogenic Risk of Suicide Screening ProgramMadelyn Gould; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information will be used to guide the development of more safe and effective school-based suicide prevention/intervention programs. ..
- TREATMENT REFRACTORY PANIC DISORDERNaomi Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiology and Care of Comorbid Obesity and DepressionGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..weight loss, nutrient intake, physical activity, depressive symptoms, functional impairment and disability in the two groups of women with comorbid obesity and depression randomly assigned to the two different intervention programs ..
- POPULATION-BASED MANAGEMENT OF DEPRESSIONGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. 12-18 mos) Incremental cost and cost-effectiveness of each intervention program compared to care as usual. ..
- Preventing Suicide, HIV& Drug Abuse Among Black YouthSean Joe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling Adherence to Psychotherapy for DepressionGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research is one component of an ongoing comprehensive program to understand and increase consumer demand for effective depression treatment. ..
- Can Longitudinal Population-Based Data Help to Personalize Depression Treatment?Gregory E Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose a set of targeted methodologic studies to prepare for a multi-site research consortium focused on predicting response to specific depression treatments. ..
- Youth Support Team Intervention for Suicidal AdolescentsCheryl King; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..