Summary: Sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Incestuous experience among Korean adolescents: prevalence, family problems, perceived family dynamics, and psychological characteristicsHyun Sil Kim
Department of Nursing, Daegu Haany University, 165 Sang dong, Susung ku, Daegu 706 060, Republic of Korea
Public Health Nurs 22:472-82. 2005The present study aimed to identify the prevalence of incest among Korean adolescents and to determine the family problems, perceived family dynamics, and psychological consequences associated with incest in South Korea.
- The long-term effects of child sexual abuse by female perpetrators: a qualitative study of male and female victimsMyriam S Denov
University of Ottawa, Canada
J Interpers Violence 19:1137-56. 2004....
- Onset, persistence, and versatility of offending among adult males convicted of sexual offenses against childrenStephen W Smallbone
School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Mt Gravatt Campus, Griffith University, Queensland 4111, Australia
Sex Abuse 16:285-98. 2004....
- Living beside traumatic experienceTanya Lewis
Can J Commun Ment Health 23:5-18. 2004..It outlines 6 contributions that the formulation of living beside traumatic experience offers to current understandings of survivors...
- Childhood sexual abuse among Black women and White women from two-parent familiesMaryann Amodeo
Boston University School of Social Work, USA
Child Maltreat 11:237-46. 2006..Of interest, differences in family structure remained important even among these two-parent families. Understanding the dynamics of abuse by race and family structure will facilitate the design of more targeted CSA prevention programs...
- Westermarck, Freud, and the incest taboo: does familial resemblance activate sexual attraction?R Chris Fraley
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 36:1202-12. 2010..This article presents an alternative perspective that assumes that incest avoidance arises from consciously acknowledged taboos and that when awareness of the relationship between self and ..
- Parent-child incest that extends into adulthood: a survey of international press reports, 2007-2011Warwick Middleton
The Cannan Institute, La Trobe University, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Trauma Dissociation 14:184-97. 2013..The results of this study suggest that cases of enduring incest are not rare and typically incorporate decades of sexual abuse, frequently result in pregnancies, and commonly ..
- Is there a sensitive period in human incest avoidance?Liqun Luo
Research Center for Social Development and Social Policy, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, P R China
Evol Psychol 9:285-95. 2011..males a less-than- around-three-years age difference with the sister can predict stronger aversion to sibling incest. The results corroborated the hypothesis...
- [A case of incest with dissociative amnesia and post traumatic stress disorder]Işil Bilgin Erdinç
Ankara Numune Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi 2 Psikiyatri Kl, Ankara
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 15:161-5. 2004b>Incest is a kind of sexual abuse that causes serious disorders during childhood and adulthood. In order to overcome the trauma, abuse victims frequently use dissociative defence mechanisms...
- Evolutionary adaptations to pre-eclampsia/eclampsia in humans: low fecundability rate, loss of oestrus, prohibitions of incest and systematic polyandryPierre Yves Robillard
Neonatology, Centre Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre Cedex, Reunion, France
Am J Reprod Immunol 47:104-11. 2002..Further, pre-eclampsia risk may be a contributing factor leading to the rejection of systematic polyandry in human societies and have influenced prohibition of incest.
- Infection, incest, and iniquity: investigating the neural correlates of disgust and moralityJana Schaich Borg
Stanford University, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 20:1529-46. 2008....
- Perceptions of parenting versus parent-child interactions among incest survivorsMonica M Fitzgerald
Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens, 30602 3013, USA
Child Abuse Negl 29:661-81. 2005..The primary aim of this study was to examine whether incest history was related to maternal perceptions of parenting efficacy and interactional patterns with their children...
- Intergenerational transmission of sexual abuse? Motherhood in the shadow of incestRachel Lev-Wiesel
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Child Sex Abus 15:75-101. 2006..on therapy session transcripts and diaries written during the therapy of 24 mothers who were survivors of incest, and whose children were the victims of incest...
- Re: Cultural norms versus state law in treating incest: a suggested model for Arab families, by K. Abu Baker and M. DwairyLisa Fontes
Child Abuse Negl 27:1335-6; author reply 1337-8. 2003
- [Contextual factors associated with the symptoms of teenagers victims of intrafamilial sexual aggression]Chantal Thériault
Departement de Psychologie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Que, H3C 3J7, Montreal, Canada
Child Abuse Negl 27:1291-309. 2003..All participants were abused by a family member...
- Review of cases of children with gonorrhoea--source of infectionH O Dada-Adegbola
Department of Medical Microbiology, University College Hospital, Ibadan
Afr J Med Med Sci 30:347-51. 2001..This study indicates that more effort will be required to find the source and mode of transmission of gonorrhoea in children...
- A typological analysis of behavioral profiles of sexually abused childrenMartine Hébert
Department of Sexiology, University of Quebec, Montreal, Canada
Child Maltreat 11:203-16. 2006..Findings underscore the need to go beyond abuse-related variables to orient treatment for children disclosing sexual abuse and for tailoring interventions to distinct subgroups...
- Coping with incest: the relationship between recollections of childhood coping and adult functioning in female survivors of incestBethany L Brand
Department of Psychology, Towson University, Towson, Maryland 21252, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:285-93. 2003One hundred and one adult female survivors' recollections of coping with childhood incest, abuse characteristics, and current functioning in adulthood were studied...
- The endoscopy patient with a history of sexual abuse: strategies for compassionate careElizabeth Davy
Portland Gastroenterology, Maine 04102, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 29:221-5. 2006..This article reviews the need for a careful assessment and intervention during endoscopy procedures for patients with a past history of abuse. Guidelines for compassionate care and follow-up are discussed...
- A father marries his daughters: a case of incestuous polygamyWade C Myers
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
J Forensic Sci 47:1112-6. 2002Polygamy is a risk factor for incest. This case report of incest and polygamy portrays the dynamics that dominated this family's identity...
- Sexual offenders' state-of-mind regarding childhood attachment: a controlled investigationTania Stirpe
Correctional Service Canada, Psychology Department, Parole Division, Toronto, 330 Keele St, Main Flr, Ontario, M6P 2K7, Canada
Sex Abuse 18:289-302. 2006..Sixty-one sexual offenders (extrafamilial child molesters, incest offenders, and rapists) and 40 nonsexual offenders (violent and nonviolent) were administered the "Adult ..
- Sibling incest: reports from forty-one survivorsBonnie E Carlson
School of Social Welfare, University of Albany, State University of New York, NY 12222, USA
J Child Sex Abus 15:19-34. 2006An exploratory study was conducted with a convenience sample of 41 adult survivors of sibling incest using a retrospective survey design. Participants were interviewed about their childhood sexual experiences with a sibling...
- Mother-blaming in the shadow of incest:commentary on "motherhood in the shadow of incest" by Rachel Lev-WieselKathleen Coulborn Faller
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1106, USA
J Child Sex Abus 16:129-36. 2007
- Cultural norms versus state law in treating incest: a suggested model for Arab familiesKhawla Abu Baker
Emek Yezreel College, Department of Behavioral Science, Mar ah Institute for the Study of Women in the Middle East, PO Box 2320, Akko 24316, Israel
Child Abuse Negl 27:109-23. 2003..This article examines problems of intervention in sexual abuse cases among collective societies and offers a culturally sensitive model of intervention...
- Understanding the need for personal space boundary restoration in women-client survivors of intrafamilial childhood sexual abuseRene Geanellos
University of Western Sydney, School of Nursing, Family and Community Health, Penrith South DC, New South, Wales, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 12:186-93. 2003..Discussion centres on understanding the need for PSB restoration in women-client survivors of ICSA...
- Child rape in South Africa--an open letter to the Minister of HealthDouglas M Bowley
S Afr Med J 92:744. 2002
- [Pedophile, who are you? A study of pedophilia in the press]Tatiana Savoia Landini
Departamento de Sociologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Letras e Ciências Humanas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, 05508 900, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 19:S273-82. 2003..that news coverage on other forms of sexual violence against children (sexual abuse, child pornography, rape, and incest) is used to help shed light on the characteristics of pedophilia itself...
- The overlapping problems of prosecution sample bias and systematic exclusion of familial child sex abuse victims from the criminal justice systemWendy J Murphy
New England School of Law, Boston, MA 02116, USA
J Child Sex Abus 12:129-32. 2003
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and amygdala-hippocampectomyP Adami
Department of Psychiatry I, Regional Hospital Rankweil, Rankweil, Austria
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:360-3; discussion 363-4. 2006..The case report suggests the indispensability of preoperative accurate psychiatric checkups especially in temporal resections...
- Biological fathers and stepfathers who molest their daughters: psychological, phallometric, and criminal featuresDavid M Greenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of New South Whales and Western Australia, Australia
Sex Abuse 17:39-46. 2005..On all the remaining variables, however, no statistically significant differences were found. Overall, biological and stepfathers in the present study appear to be much more similar than different from one another...
- A comparison of incest offenders based on victim agePhilip Firestone
School of Psychology and Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, 120 University Private, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 33:223-32. 2005The purpose of the present study was to compare incest offenders (IOs) whose victims include infants or toddlers to IOs with adolescent victims on several variables commonly examined in the sexual offender literature...
- Comparing dissociation and PTSD in sexually abused school-aged girlsDelphine Collin-Vézina
Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 3P8
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:47-52. 2005..The data indicate also that intrafamilial abuse and chronicity do not predict PTSD. However, abuse involving intrusive acts (penetration) does predict PTSD symptoms. Implications for intervention and further research are discussed...
- Interpersonal factors and personality disorders as discriminators between intra-familial and extra-familial child molestersStefan Bogaerts
University of Tilburg, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 49:48-62. 2005..These results contribute to the explanation of this deviant sexual conduct and to the development and differentiation of the treatment of child molesters...
- An examination of the relationship between child sexual offending and psychopathyArthur David Rosenberg
Clinical Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, MI 48219, USA
J Child Sex Abus 14:49-66. 2005..PCL-R) scores to type of child sexual offender (same sex extrafamilial, opposite sex extrafamilial, and incest offenders), the presence of violence during the most recent child sexual offense, and criminal versatility...
- A spiritual framework in incest survivors treatmentKelli Beveridge
901 8th St S, Houston, TX, USA
J Child Sex Abus 13:105-20. 2004Through an examination of recent incest treatment development, this article emphasizes the theoretical concept of integration within the treatment process for female adult incest survivors...
- Remembering and forgetting childhood sexual abuseRobyn Fivush
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Child Sex Abus 13:1-19. 2004..Implications of these findings for understanding the phenomenology of memory experiences and the concept of "recovered" memories of childhood sexual abuse are discussed...
- Paternal and sibling incest: a case reportOsman Celbis
Department of Forensic Medicine, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
J Clin Forensic Med 13:37-40. 2006A case is reported of a female victim of paternal incest, who had also been raped repeatedly by her elder brother for two years. A survey of the literature showed no other report of such a case from Turkey...
- Child sexual abuse in Tanzania and KenyaKevin Lalor
Department of Social Sciences, Dublin Institute of Technology, Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1, Ireland
Child Abuse Negl 28:833-44. 2004..The purpose of this paper is to examine the various commentaries and reports extant, toward an overview of the nature and frequency of child sexual abuse in Tanzania and Kenya...
- Therapeutic engagement styles of child sexual offenders in a group treatment program: a grounded theory studyAndrew Frost
Kia Marama Special Treatment Unit, Corrections Psychological Service, Rolleston, New Zealand
Sex Abuse 16:191-208. 2004..As well as suggesting ways of influencing disclosure management style, analysis indicated that it might be possible to predict these different orientations during routine assessment...
- Alcohol and drug abuse among sexual and nonsexual offenders: relationship to intimacy deficits and coping strategyJan Looman
Regional Treatment Centre, Ontario, Canada
Sex Abuse 16:177-89. 2004..No differences were found between any of the groups with reference to drug abuse as measured by the Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST). Results are discussed in terms of Marshall's theory of intimacy deficits in sexual offenders...
- Sin vergüenza: addressing shame with Latino victims of child sexual abuse and their familiesLisa Aronson Fontes
Clinical Psychology, Union Institute and University, Brattleboro, VT, USA
J Child Sex Abus 16:61-83. 2007..Quotes and case material are drawn from the author's research and clinical work. The article includes clinical suggestions...
- Current mental health in women with childhood sexual abuse who had outpatient psychotherapyDawn E Peleikis
Department of Psychiatry, Aker University Hospital, Sognsvannsveien 21, 0320, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur Psychiatry 20:260-7. 2005..The relative contributions of CSA and other family background risk factors (FBRF) to aspects of mental health status are also explored...
- An assessment of outcomes following parents' participation in a child abuse prevention programMartine Hébert
Département de Sexologie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
Violence Vict 17:355-72. 2002..While the workshop is associated with beneficial outcomes, attendance rates are low. The findings are discussed in the context of identifying means to foster parent involvement in the prevention of child abuse...
- [Possible applications of Y chromosome STRs in examination of abortion tissue]Ulrike Schmidt
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Freiburg
Arch Kriminol 211:42-7. 2003..Different Y-chromosomal haplotypes of embryo and putative father usually lead to an exclusion from paternity. Based on four case examples, the feasibility of this method is discussed...
- A three-generational study comparing the families of supportive and unsupportive mothers of sexually abused childrenM Leifer
Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago 60603, USA
Child Maltreat 6:353-64. 2001..Also, nonsupportive mothers showed more substance abuse, criminal behaviors, and problematic relationships with male partners...
- From the theory of seduction to traumatic seduction: incestEloisa Castellano
Int J Psychoanal 83:504-7. 2002
- Child sexual abuse and incest: community-based interventionH Itzhaky
School of Social Work, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
Child Abuse Negl 25:959-72. 2001..CONCLUSION: Implications of the individual, group, and community interventions are discussed. An integrated program of intervention practices is advocated to contain and prevent the incidence of child sexual abuse and incest.
- Social isolation and sexual abuse among women who smoke crackA M Young
Substance Abuse Research Center, University of Michigan, 475 Market Place, Suite D, Ann Arbor, MI 48108-1649, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 39:12-20. 2001..However, multivariate analyses revealed that the age at which the sexual trauma occurred was the most salient predictor of social isolation in adulthood. Implications for drug treatment are discussed...
- Pharmacology of sexually compulsive behaviorVictoria L Codispoti
Psychiatr Clin North Am 31:671-9. 2008..5% adolescents. Offense types reported included 74% child molestation, 48% incest, and 30% exhibitionism. Pedophilia was not singled out...
- The antisocial attitudes and associates of sex offendersJeremy F Mills
Bath Institution, Ontario, Canada
Crim Behav Ment Health 14:134-45. 2004..This study investigates the antisocial attitudes of sex offenders by comparing them with non-sex offenders on responses to the Measures of Criminal Attitudes and Associates (MCAA)...
- Diagnosing dissociative disorders in The Netherlands: a pilot study with the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R Dissociative DisordersS Boon
Regional Institute for Mental Health RIAGG Zuid Nieuw West, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 148:458-62. 1991....
- The effects of child abuse and race on risk-taking in male adolescentsJ T Hernandez
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill 27599 7160
J Natl Med Assoc 85:593-7. 1993..More black than white males reported experiencing incest, extrafamilial sexual abuse, and physical abuse...
- Clinical holistic medicine: holistic pelvic examination and holistic treatment of infertilitySøren Ventegodt
The Quality of Life Research Center, Teglgårdstraede 4 8, DK 1452 Copenhagen K, Denmark
ScientificWorldJournal 4:148-58. 2004..examination, especially in cases of women with suspected old emotional traumas following early childhood cases of incest or sexual abuse...
- References to the paraphilias and sexual crimes in the BibleAnil Aggrawal
Maulana Azad Medical College, S 299 Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi 110048, India
J Forensic Leg Med 16:109-14. 2009..sexual behavior and sexual crimes to which explicit allusions were present in the Holy Bible were adultery, incest, sexual harassment, drug facilitated sexual assault, rape, gang rape, homosexuality, transvestism, voyeurism, ..
- Did abortion legalization reduce the number of unwanted children? Evidence from adoptionsMarianne Bitler
RAND, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 34:25-33. 2002..The legalization of abortion in the United States led to well-known changes in reproductive behavior, but its effect on adoptions has not been investigated...
- Relations between social status and the gonadotrophin-releasing hormone system in females of two cooperatively breeding species of African mole-rats, Cryptomys hottentotus hottentotus and Cryptomys hottentotus pretoriae: neuroanatomical and neuroendocrinoLydia Du Toit
Mammal Research Institute, Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
J Comp Neurol 494:303-13. 2006..Cryptomys hottentotus pretoriae) mole-rats, reproduction is subject to two forms of regulation in addition to incest avoidance...
- Forensic investigation of child victim with sexual abuseEmmanouil I Sakelliadis
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Medical Faculty, University of Athens, Greece
Indian Pediatr 46:144-51. 2009..Sexual mistreatment of children by family members (incest) and nonrelatives known to the child is the most common type of sexual abuse...
- How to unify knowledge. Keynote addressE O Wilson
Harvard University, Museum of Comparative Zoology, 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 2902, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 935:12-7; discussion 37-8. 2001..Examples of epigenetic rules include the origin of color vocabularies, incest avoidance, optimum arousal in artistic design, and response to the natural environment...
- Perceptions of sexual coercion: learning from young people in Ibadan, NigeriaA J Ajuwon
African Regional Health Education Center, Department of Health Promotion and Education, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Reprod Health Matters 9:128-36. 2001..Behaviours included rape, unwanted touching, incest, assault, verbal abuse, threats, unwanted kissing; forced exposure to pornographic films, use of drugs for ..
- Making technology familiar: orthodox Jews and infertility support, advice, and inspirationSusan Martha Kahn
Centre for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University, 38 Kirkland Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 30:467-80. 2006..fertility treatments are conducted with strict attention to Jewish legal concerns, particularly with regard to incest, adultery, and traditional practices regarding bodily emissions...
- A pilot survey of sexual functioning and preferences in a sample of English-speaking adults from a small South Indian townNilamadhab Kar
Wolverhampton City Primary Care Trust, Wolverhampton, UK
J Sex Med 4:1254-61. 2007..There is a dearth of recent information on sexual functioning and preferences from an Indian population...
- Oedipus and the oedipalBenjamin Kilborne
Am J Psychoanal 63:289-97. 2003..have assumed that Sophocles can be seen through the lens of Freud, and that the Oedipus complex is about the incest taboo, guilt, and aggression...
- Fibrillar collagen: the key to vertebrate evolution? A tale of molecular incestRaymond P Boot-Handford
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Bioessays 25:142-51. 2003..Furthermore, we present a model, 'molecular incest', that not only accounts for the characteristics of the modern day vertebrate fibrillar collagen family but ..
- Disease-mediated inbreeding depression in a large, open population of cooperative crowsAndrea K Townsend
Fuller Evolutionary Biology Program, Cornell University Laboratory of Ornithology, 159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Proc Biol Sci 276:2057-64. 2009..assumed in taxa with kin-based social systems, and that microsatellite-based indices of individual heterozygosity can be an appropriate tool for examining the inbreeding depression in populations where incest and close inbreeding occur.
- Suicide among animals: clues from folklore that may prevent suicidal behaviour in human beingsAntonio Preti
Genneruxi Medical Center, Cagliari, Italy
Psychol Rep 97:547-58. 2005..In Aelian's tales, the severing of social ties emerges as an important motive for suicide, together with incest and rage caused by adultery...
- The relationship between familial resemblance and sexual attraction: an update on Westermarck, Freud, and the incest tabooDebra Lieberman
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124 0751, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 37:1229-32. 2011..The authors conclude that appropriate application of relevant theory and stringent experimental design can generate fruitful investigations into sexual attraction, inbreeding avoidance, and incest taboos.
- Using the theory of reasoned action to explain physician intention to prescribe emergency contraceptionMarjorie R Sable
School of Social Work, University of Missouri Columbia, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:20-7. 2006..Although research has examined providers' knowledge, attitudes and prescribing behaviors with regard to emergency contraception, none has used a theory-based approach to understanding the interplay of these factors...
- Knowledge, behaviour and attitudes on induced abortion and family planning among Sri Lankan women seeking termination of pregnancyJennifer Perera
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
Ceylon Med J 49:14-7. 2004..Experiences in other countries show that liberal laws alone have not solved the issues of induced abortions which may harm a woman's physical and mental health...
- Knowledge and perception of abortion and the abortion law in Trinidad and TobagoCedriann J Martin
Improving Reproductive Equity, ASPIRE, Trinidad and Tobago
Reprod Health Matters 15:97-107. 2007..b>Incest, rape and danger to a woman's life were cited as the most significant circumstances under which abortions should ..
- Awareness and views of the law on termination of pregnancy and reasons for resorting to an abortion among a group of women attending a clinic in Colombo, Sri LankaN L Abeyasinghe
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, 25, Kynsey Road, Colombo 8, Sri Lanka
J Forensic Leg Med 16:134-7. 2009..that abortion should be legalized when the mother's life was in danger, where there was pregnancy after rape or incest, when there was psychiatric illness in the mother and when there were fetal anomalies...
- The self-regulation model of sexual offending: the relationship between offence pathways and static and dynamic sexual offence riskPamela M Yates
Correctional Service of Canada, 340 Laurier Avenue West, 8th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0P9, Canada
Sex Abuse 18:259-70. 2006..g., incest offender, rapist, extrafamilial child molester, etc.)...
- Handedness in pedophilia and hebephiliaJames M Cantor
Law and Mental Health Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 34:447-59. 2005..e., incest) offenses...
- Applied psychophysiology, clinical biofeedback, and rehabilitation neuropsychology: a case study--mild traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorderRosalie J Ackerman
Research and Development Division 301, ABackans DCP, Inc, 1700 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 15:919-31, viii. 2004..presents a case study of a 39-year-old European American married woman with a history of child and adolescent incest,marital rape, and physical abuse from her husband for more than 10 years...
- Infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis: the first reported case in Japan diagnosed by palmitoyl-protein thioesterase enzyme activity deficiencyKenichi Takano
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanishi, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Brain Dev 30:370-3. 2008We herein report on a Japanese boy with infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (INCL). He was born of incest to a girl and her maternal uncle. His development was normal at 12 months, and began to display regression at 14 months...
- Physical and sexual abuse in the lives of HIV-positive women enrolled in a primary medicine health maintenance organizationStephen Brady
Dr Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 16:121-5. 2002..a lifetime history of sexual assault compared to 9% of the general population, one-third reported a history of incest compared to 12% in the NCS, and 83% reported significant physical abuse compared to 4% in the NCS...
- Street music or the blues? The lived experience and social environment of depressionS M Poslusny
DePaul University Department of Nursing, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Public Health Nurs 17:292-9. 2000..This depression was characterized by dissonance experienced in childhood abuse and incest, uncontrollable moods despite self-medication, abusive or negligent therapy, failed social relationships in ..
- Childhood antecedents of adult sense of belongingBonnie M Hagerty
University of Michigan, School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Psychol 58:793-801. 2002..included perceived overprotection of father, high school pregnancy, family financial problems while growing up, incest, and homosexuality...
- Multiplex versus multiple taxonomy of paraphilia: case exampleGregory K Lehne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Sex Abuse 15:61-72. 2003..components that were separately manifested at different times in his life: fetishistic transvestism, pedophilic incest, and infantilism...
- Implications of the Memory Controversy for Clinical PracticeAn Overview of Treatment Recommendations and GuidelinesC A Courtois
The Psychiatric Institute of Washington, 5225 Winconsin Ave, NW, Suite 513, Washington, DC, 20037
J Child Sex Abus 9:183-210. 2000The controversy surrounding delayed and recovered memories of incest/child sexual abuse has had a profound impact on clinical practice...
- Protocol to the African Charter on the Rights of Women: implications for access to abortion at the regional levelCharles G Ngwena
Department of Constitutional Law, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 110:163-6. 2010..to protect the reproductive rights of women by authorising medical abortion in cases of sexual assault, rape, incest, and where continued pregnancy endangers the mental and physical health of the mother or the life of the mother or ..
- Sexual offender containment: use of the postconviction polygraphKim English
Colorado Division of Criminal Justice, Denver, Colorado 80215 5865, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 989:411-27; discussion 441-5. 2003..31% had sexually assaulted both male and female victims, 36% had engaged in bestiality, and two-thirds of the incest offenders had assaulted victims outside the family...
- Safe abortion: a right for refugees?Aimee Lehmann
Reprod Health Matters 10:151-5. 2002..women and encourage provision of services where abortion is legally indicated, especially in cases of rape or incest, and risk to a woman's physical and mental health...
- Motor conversion symptoms and pseudoseizures: a comparison of clinical characteristicsJon Stone
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Western General Hospital, University of Edinburgh, UK
Psychosomatics 45:492-9. 2004..a borderline personality disorder), 3) were more likely to have a lower perception of parental care and to report incest, and 4) reported more life events in the 12 months before symptom onset...
- Keeping your eye on the process: body image, older women, and countertransferenceJoanne Altschuler
School of Social Work, California State University, Los Angeles, California 90032, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 53:200-14. 2010..Themes related to loss and grief, adult daughter and aging mother issues, incest, anger, disability, personality disorders, phobic reactions, and shame are discussed...
- Inherited alleles revealing an incestuous paternityR Jankova-Ajanovska
Institute for Forensic Medicine and Criminology, Faculty of Medicine, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, R Macedonia
Prilozi 31:261-6. 2010..Analysis of DNA samples from the girl's father and brother clarified the case as brother-sister incest. Key words: rape case, short tandem repeats (STRs) genotype, incest.
- Incest avoidance: oedipal and preoedipal, natural and culturalRobert A Paul
Institute of the Liberal Arts, College of Arts and Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 58:1087-112. 2010..in both cultural and evolutionary anthropology are considered together with psychoanalytic theories regarding incest avoidance...
- Macrotraining: a "how-to" primer for using serial role-playing to train complex clinical interviewing tasks such as suicide assessmentShawn Christopher Shea
Training Institute for Suicide Assessment and Clinical Interviewing, 1502 Route 123 North, Stoddard, NH 03464, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 30:e1-29. 2007..and microtraining to teach complex interviewing tasks such as the assessment of suicide, domestic violence, and incest. This article provides a practical introduction to macrotraining and subsequently models its utilization for the ..
- Evaluation of the adjudicated incest cases in Turkey: difficulties in notification of incestuous relationshipsTarik Gunduz
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Adli Tip ABD, 26480 Meselik Eskisehir, Turkey
J Forensic Sci 56:438-43. 2011The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence and evaluation of the adjudicated incest cases in the heavy penal court in a province of western Turkey...
- Childhood pregnancy as a result of incest: a case report and literature review with suggested management strategiesSharon B Stechna
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Eric B Chandler Community Health Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:e83-6. 2011..While there is ample information regarding the psychological manifestations of childhood sexual abuse, a review of the literature provides modest information on childhood pregnancy, as distinct from teen pregnancy...
- Is family special to the brain? An event-related fMRI study of familiar, familial, and self-face recognitionSteven M Platek
Psychology, Georgia Gwinnett College, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, USA
Neuropsychologia 47:849-58. 2009..g., incest, cuckoldry). Therefore evolution should have favored redundant mechanisms for detection of kin...
- Psychomotor developmental delay and epilepsy in an offspring of father-daughter incest: quantification of the causality probabilityJorg Schmidtke
Institut fur Humangenetik, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Int J Legal Med 124:449-50. 2010A 20-year-old offspring of father-daughter incest, who has been suffering from serious psychomotoric health problems since early childhood, is seeking financial compensation under the German federal act of victim indemnification...
- Obstacles and challenges following the partial decriminalisation of abortion in ColombiaEduardo Díaz Amado
Department of Philosophy and Centre for the History of Medicine and Disease, Durham University, Durham, UK
Reprod Health Matters 18:118-26. 2010..a woman's life or health, in cases of severe fetal malformations incompatible with life, and in cases of rape, incest or unwanted insemination. However, Colombian women still face obstacles to accessing abortion services...
- Shared parentage and incest avoidance in the cooperatively breeding acorn woodpeckerJ Haydock
Department of Biology, Gonzaga University, 502 E Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99258, USA
Mol Ecol 10:1515-25. 2001..Behavioural indicators of mate guarding, assumed incest avoidance and observations of egg-laying indicate that social organization ranges from monogamous pairs to groups ..
- Demography of male reproductive queues in cooperatively breeding superb fairy-wrens Malurus cyaneusAndrew Cockburn
Evolutionary Ecology Group, School of Botany and Zoology, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
J Anim Ecol 77:297-304. 2008..For young queuing subordinates, the breeding female is typically their mother. Because of incest avoidance, reproduction is possible only through extra-group mating, even if the dominant position is achieved ..
- Forensic DNA expertise of incest in early period of pregnancyZlatko Jakovski
Institute of Forensic Medicine, Criminology and Medical Deontology, School of Medicine, University Ss Cyril and Methodius, Skopje, Macedonia
J Forensic Leg Med 18:34-7. 2011Proving incest from tissue obtained by abortion early in pregnancy can be a challenge. Problems include the small quantity of embryonic tissue in the products of conception, and the mixing of DNA from mother and embryo...
- Psychopathy, sexual deviance, and recidivism among sex offendersMark E Olver
Mental Health and Addiction Services, Young Offender Team, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Sex Abuse 18:65-82. 2006..The rapists and mixed offenders demonstrated higher psychopathy scores than did the child molesters and incest offenders (total scores and Factor 2 scores on the Psychopathy Checklist--Revised [PCL-R]; R. D. Hare, 2003)...
- Juvenile sex offenders in diversionJustin S Campbell
Department of Educational Psychology, McKee Hall, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado 80639, USA
Sex Abuse 14:1-17. 2002..64) sex offenders referred to diversion programs for seven types of sex assault, incest, and indecent exposure charges...
- Differences in the predictive validity of actuarial risk assessments in relation to sex offender typeDarci L Bartosh
Argosy University, 2301 W Dunlap Ave, 211 Phoenix, Arizona 85021, USA
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 47:422-38. 2003..For incest offenders, all four tests were at least moderately predictive of sexual recidivism, whereas the Static-99 and the ..
- Disclosure of donor conception in single-mother families: views and concernsRuth Landau
Paul Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Hum Reprod 25:942-8. 2010..This analysis focuses on whether and how older Israeli single mothers disclose to their children that were conceived using a donor and whether the donor conception causes concern for them...
- Adult perpetrator gender asymmetries in child sexual assault victim selection: results from the 2000 National Incident-Based Report SystemKathy A McCloskey
University of Hartford, Graduate Institute of Professional Psychology, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
J Child Sex Abus 14:1-24. 2005..fondling) choose adolescent victims of both genders equally, while for non-forcible offenses (non-forcible incest and statutory rape) they tend to choose predominantly male victims...
- The use of pornography during the commission of sexual offensesRon Langevin
University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, Ontario M9B 6E3, Canada
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 48:572-86. 2004..There were 181 offenders against children, 144 offenders against adults, 223 incest offenders, 8 exhibitionists, and 5 miscellaneous cases. All but four cases were men...
- HIV Prevention for the Mentally Ill: Motivation-SkillsStephen Brady; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Wellness Teams and Children's Mental Health in AlaskaCatherine Koverola; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings from this project will guide subsequent research that will investigate the mechanisms of action and effectiveness of Wellness Teams. ..
- TREATMENT OF EARLY ONSET SCHIZOPHRENIA SPECTRUM (TEOSS)Jon McClellan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide information about the comparative effectiveness of the most commonly used and representative antipsychotic drugs in youth with schizophrenia spectrum disorders. ..
- Prescription Abuse and Diversion by Secondary StudentsCarol Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our long term objective is to develop and evaluate a specific prevention program to reduce prescription abuse and diversion using an R01 mechanism. ..
- Development of the Trauma Appraisal QuestionnaireANNE DEPRINCE; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Cognitive Psychology of Traumatic MemoryRichard McNally; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., fantasy proneness, imagery ability) that predict performance in these memory tasks is proposed. ..
- Enacted Stigma, Gender & Risk Behaviors of School YouthElizabeth Saewyc; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..