Genomes and Genes
Summary: Legal dissolution of an officially recognized marriage relationship.
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Children of divorce in the 1990s: an update of the Amato and Keith (1991) meta-analysisP R Amato
Department of Sociology, Pennsylvania State University, 211 Oswald Tower, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 6207, USA
J Fam Psychol 15:355-70. 2001The present study updates the P. R. Amato and B. Keith (1991) meta-analysis of children and divorce with a new analysis of 67 studies published in the 1990s...
- A multinational study of mental disorders, marriage, and divorceJ Breslau
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 124:474-86. 2011Estimate predictive associations of mental disorders with marriage and divorce in a cross-national sample.
- The relationship between child abuse, parental divorce, and lifetime mental disorders and suicidality in a nationally representative adult sampleTracie O Afifi
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Manitoba, Canada
Child Abuse Negl 33:139-47. 2009To determine how the experiences of child abuse and parental divorce are related to long-term mental health outcomes using a nationally representative adult sample after adjusting for sociodemographic variables and parental ..
- Fifteen years after parental divorce: mental health and experienced life-eventsTeresia Angarne-Lindberg
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine IMK, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 63:32-43. 2009The children who experienced their parents' divorce when the divorce rate in Sweden had begun to grow to higher levels than in preceding decades are today adults...
- For better or for worse? The effects of alcohol use on marital functioningMichael P Marshal
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, 2811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 23:959-97. 2003..A small subset of studies found that light drinking patterns are associated with adaptive marital functioning; however, more research is necessary to replicate these effects and identify specific conditions under which they occur...
- Adolescent adjustment and well-being: effects of parental divorce and distressIngunn Størksen
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Norway
Scand J Psychol 47:75-84. 2006This study investigates the long-term effects of parental divorce on adolescent psychological adjustment and well-being, and to what extent the effects are accounted for by parental psychological distress...
- Long-term psychosocial effects of parental divorce: a follow-up study from adolescence to adulthoodTaina Huurre
National Public Health Institute, Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, Mannerheimintie 166, 00300 Helsinki, Finland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 256:256-63. 2006..of this 16-year follow-up study was to investigate whether 32-year-old adults who had experienced parental divorce before 16 years of age (n = 317) differed in psychosocial well-being or life trajectories from those from non-..
- Adolescents with a childhood experience of parental divorce: a longitudinal study of mental health and adjustmentIngunn Størksen
Division of Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health, P b 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Adolesc 28:725-39. 2005This is a prospective Norwegian study of a group of adolescents with an experience of parental divorce or separation (n=413) and a comparison group without this experience (n=1758). Mean age at T1 was 14...
- Postdivorce living arrangements, parent conflict, and long-term physical health correlates for children of divorceWilliam V Fabricius
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:195-205. 2007..e., exposure to parent conflict before the divorce and up to 5 years after, and amount of time with father postdivorce) and indicators of their physical health...
- The effect of economic stability on family stability among welfare recipientsAlisa C Lewin
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Haifa
Eval Rev 29:223-40. 2005..A discrete-time event-history methodology was employed to examine family instability. The findings show that husband's unemployment and the family's long-term welfare dependency lead to breakup, net of race, age, and number of children...
- Women in couples antenatal HIV counseling and testing are not more likely to report adverse social eventsKatherine Semrau
Center for International Health and Development at the Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
AIDS 19:603-9. 2005..Couple counseling has been promoted as a strategy to improve uptake of interventions to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission (pMTCT) and to minimize adverse social outcomes associated with disclosure of HIV status...
- Parental divorce and adjustment in adulthood: findings from a community sample. The ALSPAC Study Team. Avon Longitudinal Study of Pregnancy and ChildhoodT G O'Connor
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 40:777-89. 1999The current study examines the link between the experience of divorce in childhood and several indices of adjustment in adulthood in a large community sample of women...
- Trends in the intergenerational transmission of divorceN H Wolfinger
Department of Family and Consumer Studies, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 0080, USA
Demography 36:415-20. 1999..I use data from the 1973-1996 NORC General Social Survey to examine trends in the intergenerational transmission of divorce, the propensity for the children of divorce to end their own marriages...
- Mental health problems and marital disruption: is it the combination of husbands and wives' mental health problems that predicts later divorce?Peter Butterworth
Centre for Mental Health Research, The Australian National University, Eggleston Road, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:758-63. 2008b>Divorce has been established as an adverse social consequence of mental illness. There is, however, little research that has considered how the mental health of both spouses may interact to predict relationship disruption...
- Emotional stress and traffic accidents: the impact of separation and divorceEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiology 15:762-6. 2004..Personal responses to stressful life events are suspected of increasing the risk of serious traffic accidents...
- Appel Botha: The abc of a three hundred year old divorce caseJaco M Greeff
Department of Genetics, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
Forensic Sci Int Genet 7:550-4. 2013....
- The use of multiple outcomes in stress research: a case study of gender differences in responses to marital dissolutionA V Horwitz
Institute for Health, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
J Health Soc Behav 37:278-91. 1996..rates of depression and alcohol problems, as well as for secondary stressors connected with separation and divorce, women undergoing marital dissolution show significantly greater increases in rates of depression compared to men ..
- Heavy alcohol use and marital dissolution in the USAJan Ostermann
Center for Health Policy, Law and Management, Duke University, Box 90253, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Soc Sci Med 61:2304-16. 2005..USA conducted between 1992 and 2000, we assessed the association between alcohol consumption and separation and divorce (combined as divorced in the analysis) for 4589 married couples during up to four repeated 2-yr follow-up periods...
- Parental divorce and adult longevityKandyce Larson
UCLA Center for Healthier Children, Families, and Communities, 10990 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 900, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Int J Public Health 58:89-97. 2013Life course research has established associations between adverse childhood events and later life health. We examine the relationship of experiencing parental divorce before the age of 16 and survival across 34 years of adulthood.
- Stability across cohorts in divorce risk factorsJay D Teachman
Department of Sociology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA 98225 9081, USA
Demography 39:331-51. 2002Over the past quarter-century, many covariates of divorce have been identified. However, the extent to which the effects of these covariates remain constant across time is not known...
- Association between the birth of twins and parental divorceAnupam B Jena
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Wang Ambulatory Care Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:892-7. 2011Mothers of multiple births face higher rates of postpartum depression, yet evidence on the marital consequences of multiple births is limited. We examined the association between twin births and parental divorce.
- Mental health profiles among married, never-married, and separated/divorced mothers in a nationally representative sampleTracie O Afifi
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:122-9. 2006..The present study addressed the question "Are there differences in the prevalence of psychiatric disorders between married, never-married, and separated/divorced mothers?"..
- Children's living arrangements following separation and divorce: insights from empirical and clinical researchJoan B Kelly
Fam Process 46:35-52. 2007..over the past three decades has identified factors associated with risk and resiliency of children after divorce. Such research remains largely unknown and untapped by parents and professionals making these crucial decisions ..
- Lifestyle and cancer: effect of widowhood and divorceKari Hemminki
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:899-904. 2003Limited data are available on the possible changes in cancer risk brought about by widowhood and divorce, an increasing segment of the population...
- Attachment insecurity and the distinction between unhappy spouses who do and do not divorceJ Davila
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Park Hall, Buffalo, New York 14260 4110, USA
J Fam Psychol 15:371-93. 2001..Results suggest that spouses at risk for stable, unhappy marriages can be identified early and may benefit from interventions that increase the security of spouses' attachment to each other...
- The role of depression in the differential effect of childhood parental divorce on male and female adult offspring suicide attempt riskDana Lizardi
Graduate School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:687-90. 2010In previous studies by our group, we found that female offspring of parental divorce and parental remarriage are more susceptible to suicide attempt than male offspring...
- The relative risk and timing of divorce in families of children with an autism spectrum disorderSigan L Hartley
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Fam Psychol 24:449-57. 2010We compared the occurrence and timing of divorce in 391 parents of children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and a matched representative sample of parents of children without disabilities using a survival analysis...
- Children of divorce in a Scandinavian welfare state: are they less affected than US children?Kyrre Breivik
Research Center for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
Scand J Psychol 47:61-74. 2006..in a recent large-scale study of 4,127 12-15-year-old children in Norway, of whom 623 had experienced parental divorce and lived in a single-mother family...
- Parental divorce and adolescent drunkenness: role of socioeconomic position, psychological well-being and social supportZ Tomcikova
Kosice Institute for Society and Health, Faculty of Arts, PJ Safarik University, SK 04001 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Eur Addict Res 15:202-8. 2009The aim of this cross-sectional study was to explore the association between parental divorce and adolescent drunkenness in the last 4 weeks and the contribution of socioeconomic position, family structure, social support from family and ..
- Childhood family disruptions and adult well-being: the differential effects of divorce and parental deathK Y Mack
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA
Death Stud 25:419-43. 2001..Comparisons are made between adults who experienced parental divorce, adults who experienced parental death, and adults who were raised in intact families (N = 4,341)...
- Pre-divorce problems in 3-year-olds: a prospective study in boys and girlsSylvana C C Robbers
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Erasmus University Medical Center, Sophia, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:311-9. 2011We examined to what extent internalizing and externalizing problems at age 3 preceded and predicted parental divorce, and if divorce and the time lapse since divorce were related to internalizing and externalizing problems at age 12.
- Does childhood cancer affect parental divorce rates? A population-based studyAstri Syse
Cancer Registry of Norway, PO Box 5313, Majorstua, N 0304 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 28:872-7. 2010..This could hypothetically elevate divorce rates...
- Psychiatric and somatic health in relation to experience of parental divorce in childhoodTeresia Angarne-Lindberg
IKE Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:16-25. 2012The outcome of studies about the experience of parental divorce and its effects on mental and physical health differs, a result possibly caused by the use of different questionnaires and instruments, varying length of time since the ..
- Childhood parental divorce and cortisol in young adulthood: evidence for mediation by family incomeAmy J Kraft
Arizona State University, Department of Psychology, Tempe, AZ 85287, United States of America
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:1363-9. 2009Childhood parental divorce has been linked with negative physical and psychological health in adulthood, potentially due to alterations in adrenocortical activity resulting from chronic stress...
- Predicting marital stability and divorce in newlywed couplesS Carrere
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Fam Psychol 14:42-58. 2000..95 newlywed couples examined the power of the Oral History Interview to predict stable marital relationships and divorce. A principal-components analysis of the interview with the couples (Time 1) identified a latent variable, ..
- Why do even satisfied newlyweds eventually go on to divorce?Justin A Lavner
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Fam Psychol 26:1-10. 2012Although divorce typically follows an extended period of unhappiness that begins early in marriage, some couples who are very happy throughout the first several years of marriage will also go on to divorce...
- The connubial crucible: newlywed years as predictors of marital delight, distress, and divorceT L Huston
Department of Human Ecology, University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 80:237-52. 2001..an abatement of love, a decline in overt affection, a lessening of the conviction that one's spouse is responsive, and an increase in ambivalence--distinguishes couples headed for divorce from those who establish a stable marital bond.
- The additive and interactive effects of parenting and temperament in predicting adjustment problems of children of divorceL J Lengua
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Clin Child Psychol 29:232-44. 2000Investigated the interaction between parenting and temperament in predicting adjustment problems in children of divorce. The study utilized a sample of 231 mothers and children, 9 to 12 years old, who had experienced divorce within the ..
- Life style and cancer: effect of divorceKari Hemminki
Int J Cancer 98:316-9. 2002
- A two-factor model for predicting when a couple will divorce: exploratory analyses using 14-year longitudinal dataJohn Mordechai Gottman
Institute for Personality Research, Department of Psychology, University of California, USA
Fam Process 41:83-96. 2002..This model is compared to a Time-1 model of ailing marriage in which Time-1 marital satisfaction is used to predict the timing of divorce.
- Divorce and death: forty years of the Charleston Heart StudyDavid A Sbarra
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0068, USA
Psychol Sci 20:107-13. 2009..Heart Study (CHS) were used to examine the risk for early mortality associated with marital separation or divorce in a sample of more than 1,300 adults assessed on several occasions between 1960 and 2000...
- Parental divorce and adolescent cigarette smoking and alcohol use: assessing the importance of family conflictAlfgeir Logi Kristjansson
Icelandic Centre for Social Research and Analysis, School of Health and Education, Reykjavik University, Iceland
Acta Paediatr 98:537-42. 2009To investigate how family conflict contributes to the relationship between parental divorce and adolescent cigarette smoking and alcohol use.
- Health risks of separated or divorced over-indebted fathers: separation from children and financial distressHeiko Rueger
Institute of Occupational, Social, and Environmental Medicine, University Medical Center of the University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Soc Work Health Care 50:242-56. 2011The study examines over-indebted fathers after separation/divorce with respect to health-related lifestyles/state of health. A cross-sectional survey was conducted among over-indebted persons in Germany 2006/2007 (response rate 39.7%)...
- Delivering a very low birth weight infant and the subsequent risk of divorce or separationShailender Swaminathan
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 320 A Ryals Building, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0022, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:473-9. 2006..psychological and monetary stresses, which in turn may influence marital instability and increase the risk of divorce or separation...
- The short-term and decade-long effects of divorce on women's midlife healthFrederick O Lorenz
Department of Sociology, 203C East Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Health Soc Behav 47:111-25. 2006We hypothesize that divorce immediately increases psychological distress and has long-term negative consequences for the physical health of divorced people...
- The effects of marital dissolution and marital quality on health and health service use among womenH G Prigerson
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Haven, CT, USA
Med Care 37:858-73. 1999..Little is known about the impact of marital dissolution and/or marital harmony on health service use...
- Lower marriage and divorce rates among twins than among singletons in Danish birth cohorts 1940-1964Inge Petersen
The Danish Twin Registry, Epidemiology, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Twin Res Hum Genet 14:150-7. 2011..of the total Danish population, and administrative register databases, the authors compare rates of marriage and divorce in a sample of 35,975 twins and 81,803 singletons born 1940-1964...
- Six-year follow-up of preventive interventions for children of divorce: a randomized controlled trialSharlene A Wolchik
Department of Psychology, Program for Prevention Research, Prevention Research Center, Arizona State University, PO Box 876005, Tempe, AZ 85287 6005, USA
JAMA 288:1874-81. 2002..The long-term effects of intervention programs for this population are unknown...
- Rebound from marital conflict and divorce predictionJ M Gottman
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Fam Process 38:287-92. 1999..Also examined was the ability of affective interaction to predict divorce over a 4-year period, separately in each of the two conversations...
- Childhood or adolescent parental divorce/separation, parental history of alcohol problems, and offspring lifetime alcohol dependenceRonald G Thompson
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 98:264-9. 2008This study examined whether the experiences of childhood or adolescent parental divorce/separation and parental alcohol problems affected the likelihood of offspring DSM-IV lifetime alcohol dependence, controlling for parental history of ..
- Long-term effects of early parental loss due to divorce on the HPA axisMiki Bloch
Psychiatric Service, Tel Aviv Souraski Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Str, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Horm Behav 51:516-23. 2007We investigated the long-term effects of divorce and early separation from one parent on HPA axis reactivity, in young adults without psychopathology...
- Gender differences in unrealistic optimism about marriage and divorce: are men more optimistic and women more realistic?Ying Ching Lin
National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 31:198-207. 2005..Theoretical implications for unrealistic optimism, cross-cultural psychology, as well as gender differences are discussed...
- Sensitive mother-to-adolescent disclosures after divorce: is the experience of sons different from that of daughters?Susan Silverberg Koerner
Division of Family Studies and Human Development, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0033, USA
J Fam Psychol 18:46-57. 2004..two main questions: (a) Are adolescent sons and daughters exposed to sensitive maternal disclosures after divorce with similar frequency and in similar detail? and (b) Does gender act as a moderator in the association between ..
- Suicide rates in young men in England and Wales in the 21st century: time trend studyLucy Biddle
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PR
BMJ 336:539-42. 2008..To explore trends in suicide in young people to investigate the recent observation that after year on year rises in the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s, rates in young men are now declining...
- A genetically informed study of the processes underlying the association between parental marital instability and offspring adjustmentBrian M D'Onofrio
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, VA 47405, USA
Dev Psychol 42:486-99. 2006Parental divorce is associated with problematic offspring adjustment, but the relation may be due to shared genetic or environmental factors. One way to test for these confounds is to study offspring of twins discordant for divorce...
- How did it work? Who did it work for? Mediation in the context of a moderated prevention effect for children of divorceJenn Yun Tein
Program for Prevention Research, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:617-24. 2004..Analyses demonstrate mediation effects primarily for children who began the program with poorer scores on discipline, mother-child relationship quality, and externalizing problems...
- Antidepressant prescription and suicide rates: effect of age and genderSandor Kalmar
Semmelweis Hospital, Kiskunhalas, Hungary
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:363-74. 2008..Antidepressant prescription rate was related to suicide rate after controlling for divorce rate or unemployment rate, but not after controlling for alcohol consumption rate.
- Marital loss, mental health and the role of perceived social support: findings from six waves of an Australian population based panel studyBelinda Hewitt
University of Queensland Research Fellow, Institute for Social Science Research, GPN3, Building 39a, Room 401, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:308-14. 2012..To investigate the impact of transitions out of marriage (separation, widowhood) on the self reported mental health of men and women, and examine whether perceptions of social support play an intervening role...
- Moderation of genetic factors by parental divorce in adolescents' evaluations of family functioning and subjective wellbeingNiels van der Aa
Department of Biological Psychology, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Twin Res Hum Genet 13:143-62. 2010..We assessed whether genetic and environmental influences are moderated by parental divorce by analyzing self-report data from 6,773 adolescent twins and their non-twin siblings...
- Children's adjustment in conflicted marriage and divorce: a decade review of researchJ B Kelly
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:963-73. 2000To review important research of the past decade in divorce, marital conflict, and children's adjustment and to describe newer divorce interventions.
- Predicting divorce among newlyweds from the first three minutes of a marital conflict discussionS Carrere
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 1525, USA
Fam Process 38:293-301. 1999..the hypothesis that how a discussion of a marital conflict begins--in its first few minutes--is a predictor of divorce. The marital conflict discussion of 124 newlywed couples was coded using the Specific Affect Coding System, and ..
- Family ties after divorce: long-term implications for childrenConstance R Ahrons
University of Southern California, Council on Contemporary Families, USA
Fam Process 46:53-65. 2007..from the longitudinal Binuclear Family Study, 173 grown children were interviewed 20 years after their parents' divorce. This article addresses two basic questions: (1) What impact does the relationship between parents have on their ..
- The role of substance use in young adult divorceRebecca L Collins
RAND, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
Addiction 102:786-94. 2007To test the relationships between various forms of substance use during marriage and subsequent divorce among US young adults.
- The effect of divorce on infant mortality in a remote area of BangladeshN Alam
Public Health Sciences Division, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
J Biosoc Sci 33:271-8. 2001The process of divorce is usually lengthy and hazardous, and can start quarrels that can lead to the abuse of women and their children...
- Attachment styles and personality disorders: their connections to each other and to parental divorce, parental death, and perceptions of parental caregivingK A Brennan
Department of Psychology, State University of New York, Brockport 14420 2914, USA
J Pers 66:835-78. 1998..and how both kinds of variables relate to family background factors, including parental death, parental divorce, and current representations of childhood relationships with parents...
- Children of divorceC L Bryner
Medical Branch Clinic, Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Fla, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 14:201-10. 2001BACKGROUND: The rapidly changing nature and demographics of divorce in United States within the past 30 years has spawned an epidemic that affects more than one half of the families in the United States...
- Are associations between parental divorce and children's adjustment genetically mediated? An adoption studyT G O'Connor
Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Dev Psychol 36:429-37. 2000The hypothesis that the association between parental divorce and children's adjustment is mediated by genetic factors was examined in the Colorado Adoption Project, a prospective longitudinal study of 398 adoptive and biological families...
- Perceptions of risk and strategies for prevention: responses to HIV/AIDS in rural MalawiKirsten P Smith
Population Studies Center, University of Pennsylvania, 239 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6298, USA
Soc Sci Med 60:649-60. 2005..possible source of infection, discussing with them the importance of avoiding infection, and, increasingly, using divorce to reduce their risk...
- Are cancer survivors at an increased risk for divorce? A Danish cohort studyKathrine Carlsen
Department of Psychosocial Cancer Research, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 43:2093-9. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine the risk for divorce among cancer survivors...
- Behavioral and emotional problems in Chinese children of divorced parentsX Liu
Department of Psychiatry, Shandong Medical University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:896-903. 2000..This study examined the behavioral problems in Chinese children of divorced parents...
- Personality and divorce: a genetic analysisV Jocklin
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 71:288-99. 1996M. McGue and D.T. Lykken (1992) found that divorce risk was, to a substantial degree, genetically mediated; prior research has identified numerous social and psychological factors that affect divorce risk (G.C. Kitson, K.B...
- Association between family divorce and children's BMI and meal patterns: the GENDAI StudyMary Yannakoulia
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University, Athens, Greece
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1382-7. 2008The aim of this work was to explore the associations between family factors, including divorce, and children's overweight as well as eating and physical activity patterns in a population-based sample of healthy school-aged children...
- Rate and predictors of divorce among parents of youths with ADHDBrian T Wymbs
Center for Children and Families, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, NY, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:735-44. 2008..but evidence is surprisingly less convincing regarding whether parents of youths with ADHD are more at risk for divorce than are parents of children without ADHD...
- Marital transitions and mental healthTerrance J Wade
Department of Community Health Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
J Health Soc Behav 45:155-70. 2004..We examine mental health at multiple time points prior to and after a marital transition through separation or divorce and compare this process to those who experience widowhood...
- Marital status and twins' health and behavior: an analysis of middle-aged Danish twinsMerete Osler
Danish Ageing Research Center Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Psychosom Med 70:482-7. 2008..We compared health status among same-sex male and female twin pairs who lived together during childhood and were discordant or concordant on adult marital status...
- Does marital status and marital status change predict physical health in older adults?Kate M Bennett
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Psychol Med 36:1313-20. 2006..Evidence for the effects of marital status and marital status change on physical health is equivocal...
- Disposition of cryopreserved preembryos after divorceKarissa Hostrup Windsor
University of Iowa, USA
Iowa Law Rev 88:1001-34. 2003
- Divorce in families of children with Down syndrome: a population-based studyRichard C Urbano
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Am J Ment Retard 112:261-74. 2007In this study, we examined the nature, timing, and correlates of divorce in families of children with Down syndrome (647), other birth defects (10,283) and no identified disability (361,154)...
- Partnership history and mental health over timeM Willitts
Department of Geography, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:53-8. 2004..To describe the mental health of men and women with differing histories of partnership transitions...
- Parental divorce and subsequent disadvantage: a cross-cohort comparisonWendy Sigle-Rushton
Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE, England
Demography 42:427-46. 2005Although many studies have examined the link between parental divorce and subsequent well-being, some theories of the effects of divorce suggest that the negative associations should have declined over time...
- Sign on the dotted line: enforceability of signed agreements, upon divorce of the married couple, concerning the disposition of their frozen preembryosMarysol Rosado
New Engl Law Rev 36:1041-75. 2002
- Genotype-environment interaction in children's adjustment to parental separationThomas G O'Connor
Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:849-56. 2003....
- Parental divorce: effects on individual behavior and longevityJ S Tucker
Department of Psychology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254 9110, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 73:381-91. 1997Using an archival prospective design, the authors studied associations among parental divorce occurring during participants' childhood, adult psychosocial mediators, and mortality over the life span of a subgroup of participants (N = 1,..
- Life course transitions and natural disaster: marriage, birth, and divorce following Hurricane HugoCatherine L Cohan
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, University Park Campus, Pennsylvania, USA
J Fam Psychol 16:14-25. 2002Change in marriage, birth, and divorce rates following Hurricane Hugo in 1989 were examined prospectively from 1975 to 1997 for all counties in South Carolina...
- Pathways linking parental divorce with adolescent depressionR H Aseltine
University of Massachusetts, Center for Survey Research, Boston 02125, USA
J Health Soc Behav 37:133-48. 1996This article examines the intervening pathways linking parental divorce with adolescent depression, using both cross-sectional and prospective data from a study of high school students in the Boston metropolitan area...
- Widowhood and divorce in relation to overall survival among middle-aged Norwegian women with cancerA Kvikstad
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Br J Cancer 71:1343-7. 1995The aim of the study was to examine the relations between widowhood and divorce and overall survival among women with cancer...
- The rise of divorce and separation in the United States, 1880-1990S Ruggles
Department of History, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Demography 34:455-66; discussion 467-79. 1997..female labor-force participation and the increase in nonfarm employment are closely associated with the growth of divorce and separation...
- Separation/divorce and child and adolescent completed suicideM S Gould
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 37:155-62. 1998To investigate factors that may modify the effect of separation/divorce on youth suicide.
- A Children of Twins Study of parental divorce and offspring psychopathologyBrian M D'Onofrio
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University 47405, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:667-75. 2007Although parental divorce is associated with increased substance use and internalizing problems, experiencing the separation of one's parents may not cause these outcomes...
- Divorce and children's adjustment problems at home and school: the role of depressive/withdrawn parentingJeffrey J Wood
Department of Education, UCLA, 3132a Moore Hall, Box 951521, Los Angeles, CA90095, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 35:121-42. 2004This study examined linkages between divorce, depressive/withdrawn parenting, and child adjustment problems at home and school...
- Trajectories of internalizing, externalizing, and grades for children who have and have not experienced their parents' divorce or separationJennifer E Lansford
Center for Child and Family Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:292-301. 2006This study examined whether the occurrence and timing of parental separation or divorce was related to trajectories of academic grades and mother- and teacher-reported internalizing and externalizing problems...
- The economic legacy of divorce and separation for women in old ageLynn McDonald
Institute for Human Development, Life Course and Aging, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A1, Canada
Can J Aging 23:S83-97. 2004..The findings indicate that the separated and divorced are the poorest of all older unattached women in Canada. A key source of the difference is the differential growth in private pension incomes...
- The joint effects of marriage partners' socioeconomic positions on the risk of divorceMarika Jalovaara
Department of Sociology, P O Box 18, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Demography 40:67-81. 2003This study investigated the joint effects of spouses' socioeconomic positions on the risk of divorce in Finland...
- [Familiy mediation within the counselling system]Reiner Bastine
Psychologisches Institut der Universität Heidelberg
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 55:584-99. 2006..In most cases, family mediation was used to regulate conflicts in separation, divorce or post divorce, mainly concerned with issues of child custody...
- The relationship between childbearing and transitions from marriage and cohabitation in BritainFiona Steele
Centre for Multilevel Modelling, Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol
Demography 42:647-73. 2005..There is also evidence that although pregnancy precipitates marriage among cohabitors, the odds of marriage decline to prepregnancy levels following a birth...
- [Quality analysis of life events and their relationship to depressive symptoms in a school age population]Laszlo Mayer
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Gyermek és Ifjúságpszichiátriai Onálló Osztály, Szeged, Hungary
Psychiatr Hung 21:360-70. 2006..In the present study we examined the significance of life events that might be risk factors of childhood depressive symptoms...
- [Multi-parent families as "normal" families--segregation and parent-child-alienation after separation and divorce]Anneke Napp-Peters
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 54:792-801. 2005Decisive for the question as to how children cope with their parents' divorce is whether or not the parents continue to perform their parental role together even after separation, or have at least made arrangements for the child to ..
- Children's adjustment to their divorced parents' new relationshipsAr Isaacs
Department of Psychology, Macquarie University, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:329-31. 2002With new relationships common after divorce, researchers have tried to determine the factors that predict how well children adjust to their stepfamily...
- Childhood adversities experienced by working-aged coronary heart disease patientsMarkku Sumanen
Kangasala Health Centre, Finland
J Psychosom Res 59:331-5. 2005..The aim of this study is to investigate associations between childhood adversities and coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Predicting change in adolescent adjustment from change in marital problemsMing Cui
Institute for Social and Behavioral Research, Iowa State University, Ames, 50010, USA
Dev Psychol 41:812-23. 2005..In addition, the analyses suggested that increases in marital distress are as harmful for adolescent adjustment as increases in marital conflict...
- Marital life course events and smoking behaviour in Sweden 1980-2000Paul Nystedt
Department of Economics and Management, Linkoping University, 58183 Linkoping, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 62:1427-42. 2006..Further, perceived financial stress is strongly connected to smoking and not being able to quit. Controlling for this effect still leaves a socio-economic status gradient in smoking...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mapping for Specialized Domains for FCeRI Signaling &InternalizationBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results of these analyses will contribute important new insight into the nature and assembly of membrane microdomains controlling immune cell signaling. ..
- Iron-mediated vascular disease in sickle cell disease.John C Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal represents an essential first step in the design of a subsequent clinical trial to improve vascular function in SCD patients. ..
- Bi-functional Therapeutics for Allergy-BFTASwey Shen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The Project of bi-functional pan-IgE therapeutics may yield a commercializable product for treating IgE-mediated allergic diseases of different indications. ..
- A quantitative proteomics approach to understand viral immune evasion strategiesMichele E Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding these pathways and the mechanisms by which viruses evade the innate immune response may lead new approaches to attenuated vaccines or antiviral drug targets specifically designed to bypass viral evasion strategies. ..
- Triggers of Abruptio Placentae - A Case Crossover Study of an Ischemic PlacentalMichelle A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Characterization of epsilon-sarcoglycan interacting proteins in mouse brainYuqing Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results should significantly increase our understanding of the pathophysiology of M-D, which can ultimately aid the development of therapeutic treatments for M-D patients and other dystonia and myoclonus patients. ..
- Mechanisms of ethanol-induced neurodevelopmental effectsMarina Guizzetti; Fiscal Year: 2011..It may also help understanding why in some very poor regions of South Africa the prevalence of FAS is much higher than in Western countries as these populations also experience severe malnutrition. ..
- 5500 QTRAPJohn W Turk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information will provide insight into developing new ways to diagnose and treat human diseases and thereby improve human health. ..
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for Neisseria gonorrhoeae STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dean and Shafer, and the microfluidic and molecular biology expertise of Dr. Selden, the application provides a unique collaborative opportunity to finally obtain a rapid point-of-care diagnostic for GC. ..
- Safety signal learning in Rhesus monkeys following early life stressChallenge ArMICHAEL NMN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..If so would provide the first model of PTSD in rhesus monkeys. ..
- Electron Transfer in Iron and Copper ProteinsJay R Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2013..Efforts will focus on oxidative generation of Compounds I and II in cytochromes P450 (Aim 3) and a bacterial enzyme that exhibits NOS-like reactivity (Aim 4). ..
- Functional study of C53 protein as a novel regulator of checkpoint kinasesHonglin Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..It will lay a foundation for further exploitation of this novel protein as a potential therapeutic target in fighting diseases such as cancer. ..
- Fast accurate ultrasensitive in vitro assay to determine BoNT potency &stabilityARMIN H REITMAIR; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Chromosomal Control of Segregation of C. ElegansAbby F Dernburg; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through these approaches, we will learn how this molecular machine assembles from its component parts to govern the reassortment of genetic traits during sexual reproduction. ..
- PROMOTER SPECIFICITY OF TRANSCRIPTION FACTORSDavid J Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here we study two transcription factors with identical DNA-binding domains that recognize the same DNA sequence in vivo, to determine what mechanisms restrict their ability to activate expression of specific genes in vivo. ..
- Molecular physiology of voltage-gated Ca2+ channelsJian Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..By studying a novel form of activity-dependent fragmentation of VGCCs on the cell membrane, this work may lead to a better understanding of VGCC function and regulation in physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Detection of engineered nanomaterials in drinking water, food, commercial productPaul K Westerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research enables such studies to be conducted at sub lethal exposures, which have largely been complicated in the past due to inadequate analytical methods. ..
- Functional Bowel Disorders in Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2009..4. To determine the effect of EA on serotoninergic activites in dorsal raphe nucleus and raphe nucleus magnus, the relay centers of central descending inhibitory pathway, in rats with visceral hyperalgesia. ..
- Molecular Determinants of DNA Sliding and Hopping by a DNA Repair GlycosylaseMENG MENG ROWLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Multimodal Retinal Functional Imaging for Diabetic RetinopathyHao F Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 4. Test the hypothesis using the developed technology by studying the variation of retinal vascular functions during ischemic retinopathy development in the OIR rat model. ..
- Thiol Isomerases During Thrombus FormationBarbara C Furie; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- The role fo the TPP1 peotein in telomerase function and cancer cell survivalJayakrishnan Nandakumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..I believe that the knowledge and experience I have gained thus far will greatly assist in the successful completion of the aims of the K99/R00 proposal in a timely fashion. ..
- Mechanisms of arsenic-induced chromosomal instability and carcinogenesisWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that this line of research will lead to the identification of key molecular targets for cancer intervention, as well as for ameliorating the detrimental effects of arsenic compounds. ..
- Frontal Lobe Injury and Executive Control of Cognition and EmotionDiane Swick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since these conditions can result in tremendous losses of productivity, the development of more sensitive assessments of brain health can assist in tailoring rehabilitation efforts to the needs of individual patients. ..
- Molecular Analysis of Pericentric Sister Chromatid CohesionPAUL CONNOR MEGEE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Circadian Clock Regulation in SkinBogi Andersen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The work is innovative because it suggests a new role for the circadian clock in imposing temporal separation of metabolism and DNA synthesis in epidermal progenitors. ..
- High-throughput multiplex microsphere screening for toxin protease inhibitorsSteven W Graves; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this way, this proposal will discover important new compounds that can be the basis of new pharmaceuticals to treat Botulinum neurotoxin poisoning or late stage Anthrax infections. ..
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will first determine the mechanism by which these gene loci interact with transcription factories and then determine if forcibly separating the two loci decreases the frequency of their translocations. ..
- Mechanisms of oxidant-induced chronic bronchitisROSANNA C MALBRAN FORTEZA; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Ecd as a regulator of cell cycle and breast oncogenesisVimla Band; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Osteoarthritis: Identification of Novel Imaging Biomarkers via 23Na/1H MRI at 7 TGregory Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Early Life Stress &Chronic Control of Blood PressureAnalia Loria; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Using PET isotopes to identify drug targets and to diagnose infectious diseasesPeter J Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2010..This method relies on the incorporation of short-lived radioisotopes that decay to emit body-penetrating photons, and thus the reagents that are developed should also be useful for directly detecting pathogens in infected patients. ..
- Early Life Stress &Chronic Control of Blood PressureAnalia Loria; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Photocleavable Bead Technology for GlycomicsMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..Blixt and Costello). ..
- Separation-of-function Mutants to Study the Biological Significance of TelomeraseJayakrishnan Nandakumar; Fiscal Year: 2012..From this study, it will be possible to understand how TPP1 stimulates telomerase to full potency in cancer cells, and the knowledge gained may pave the path to the design of a new generation of anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Ca2+ and ROS Crosstalk Signaling in Cardiac MitochondriaShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is our objective, not only to make a scientific contribution to oxidative stress-mediated disease mechanisms, but also to develop possible therapeutic means for treating these debilitating disorders. ..
- Impact of genetic variation on response to GO therapy in COG-AML clinical trialsROLAND BRUNO WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, this research will provide novel insights into the impact of genetic polymorphisms on efficacy of standard therapeutics with broad implications for the treatment of AML. ..
- Globin Gene Expression during Erythroid DifferentiationGordon D Ginder; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Risk for Dysfunctional Romantic Relationships for AdultsDeborah M Capaldi; Fiscal Year: 2013..are a major cause of unhappiness and stress in adulthood and are associated with domestic violence, high divorce rates, psychopathology, and poor health and adjustment for the partners...
- TSQ Vantage Bundle with Acquity UltraPerformance LCNicolaas E Deutz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Analysis and Therapy of Age-Dependent Proteostasis Failure in NeurodegenerationROBERT JOSEPH SHMOOKLER REIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Proteins or modifications in either soluble or insoluble aggregates, which vary concordantly with neurotoxicity, become functional candidates ..
- A Test of Leptin's Central Function in ZebrafishRICHARD LYLE LONDRAVILLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results of these studies may lead to greater understanding of how obesity, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes develop in humans, as well as potential therapies for those diseases. ..
- BLOOD PRESSURE REGULATION, STRESS AND MATERNAL OXYTOCIN RESPONSEKathleen C Light; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Development and testing of polyvalent anthrax toxin inhibitorsJEREMY S MOGRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Relevance: The goal of this research is to develop a drug that blocks anthrax toxin. An anti-toxin therapeutic will be an important addition to the antibiotic therapy used to treat patients with anthrax. ..
- Global Proteomic Screening by MALDI Spectrometric Imaging of Protein-Bead ArraysMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- ANALYSIS OF A NOVEL SUBSET OF HUMAN CD8+ MEMORY CELLS WITH STEM CELL QUALITIESStanley R Riddell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The potential impact of this work relates to improving our understanding of the mechanisms responsible for the durability of human CD8+ T memory in normal individuals and those undergoing chemotherapy or vaccination. ..
- Pilot-Scale Heterocyclic and Carbocyclic Libraries for High Throughout ScreeningRICHARD LAROCK; Fiscal Year: 2009..This methodology will be widely published and the resulting libraries donated to the NIH Molecular Libraries Small-Molecule Repository and the Molecular Libraries Screening Center Network. ..
- Endothelial microparticles in patients with kidney transplantsSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..Conclusions: This R21 is the essential step to advance the study of EMP as the novel marker of rejection in renal transplant patients. ..
- CRISPR Cas genes and Legionella pneumophila infectionNicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, by using Lpn a a new model organism, we will probe for novel functions of the CRISPR/Cas locus that seek to shift current research paradigms. ..
- Technical Development of Quantitative Biomarkers of Fatty Liver Disease with MRIScott B Reeder; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- High Efficiency Microfluidic Purification of Stem Cells to Improve TransplantsJames C Sturm; Fiscal Year: 2012..Development of a novel, highly efficient system to remove erythrocytes and purify leukocytes would raise the quality of UCB and other transplant grafts, thereby significantly improving patient outcomes. ..
- Proteomics of Cell Death via 2-D Microfluidic ProfilingDON DEVOE; Fiscal Year: 2009..will work with Dr. DeVoe to develop electrokinetic simulations to be employed in optimizing the microfluidic separation systems in order to meet the stated performance goals for ultra-high-throughput protein profiling. ..
- REDUCING LAPAROTOMY WOUND FAILURESufan Chien; Fiscal Year: 2013..The success of this product will benefit millions of patients who undergo abdominal surgery each year. The usage of this technique may be expanded to other surgical repair procedures and acute wounds. The potential impact is high. ..
- Biomarker discovery for mitochondrial toxicants using metabolic footprintingDavid M Hockenbery; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work is a close collaboration with Oliver Fiehn, expert in metabolomics screening and data analysis, and Terry Kavanagh, an expert in oxidative stress and mitochondrial toxicology. ..
- Cellular/molecular Na,K-ATPase regulation in choroid plexusKathleen J Sweadner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Modulation of Catalytic Sites of Escherichia coli F1Fo ATP SynthaseZulfiqar Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2009..Intact F1Fo and soluble F1ATPase can be obtained in pure form. F1-ATPase yield is high and the enzyme can be stored in -70 oC for a long period of time with excellent retention of ATPase activity. ..
- Acquisition of a Hybrid Quadrupole, Ion Mobility Separation, Orthogonal AcceleratSheng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The improved quality and quantity of data gathered in connection with these projects is critical to the achievement of the public health goals for which each was granted priority funding. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A CD-ROM OF CHROMATOGRAPHIC IMAGESDavid Becker; Fiscal Year: 1993..The molecular mass obtained by EMS analysis will be used in conjunction with the primary sequence to identify the cleavage site of these proteases...
- Multi-Dimensional Separation of BacteriaG Scott Worthen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also are interested in contributing to an understanding of how tools such as fluid dynamics (for which a new program of numerical simulation will be presented to the scientific community) and microfluidics intersect with medicine. ..
- Rapid Generation of High Affinity Protein Sensor ElementsHYONGSOK SOH; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, the proposed MVX technology has the potential to fundamentally revolutionize the way we generate affinity ligands, and perform viral diagnostics. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF REGULATION OF THE LUX REGULONThomas Baldwin; Fiscal Year: 1991..Knowledge of the molecular mechanism of the remarkable regulation of the lux system would comprise a major addition to our understanding of this of this most fundamental aspect of living systems, control of expression...
- MODELS OF PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTMartin Reite; Fiscal Year: 1993..Professional development will include formal and informal training in MR imaging and MR spectroscopy theory and techniques. ..
- Micromagnetic Aptamer PCR System for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Protein DetectionHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DNA Sequencing at a StretchDi Gao; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Micellar-Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (MoMi-PAGE)Isiah M Warner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to develop new reagents, call molecular micelles, to replace SDS and other surfactants in order to improve PAGE separation of proteins. ..
- Glucocorticoid mechanisms of neonatal separation effects on adult learningAaron A Wilber; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. citizens are affected by mental disorders every year. Understanding the mental health consequences of intentional (e.g., abuse and neglect) and unintentional (e.g., NICU) perinatal stressors is crucial to preventative treatment. ..
- Asymmetric flow FFF and Composition Gradient/Light Scattering SystemEwa Folta Stogniew; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fast, High-Resolution Protein Separations using Controllable Electro-Osmotic FlowFRANK JAHNKE; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CHILD CUSTODY & MONEY TRANSFERS IN DIVORCE NEGOTIATIONSH Peters; Fiscal Year: 1992..proposal we explore the relationship between child custody/visitation arrangements and financial transfers at divorce. To address the issues relating to the determinants of the initial divorce settlement, we develop an economic ..
- COMPREHENSIVE CANCER SCREENINGS AMONG UNMARRIED WOMENMelissa Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Phase III, women will be randomly assigned to one of three survey protocols, and data will be collected at a baseline and a 4-week reliability assessment. ..
- PREVENTIVE INTERVENTION FOR FATHERS AFTER DIVORCESanford Braver; Fiscal Year: 1999Children whose parents divorce are often at significantly increased risk for a number of mental health problems, including childhood depression, conduct disorder, and school problems...
- POLYMER PARTICLES AS SEPARATION MEDIA FOR CHROMATOGRAPHYJEAN FRECHET; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also contribute to the basic understanding of the effects of all of the critical elements of enantioselective separation media - the support, the linker, and the selector - on the recognition process. ..
- FLUOXETINES EFFECT ON ANXIETY AND BREATHING IN CHILDRENDaniel Pine; Fiscal Year: 2000..The hypothesis will be tested that fluoxetine reduces irregular breathing, ventilatory hypersensitivity to CO2, and the anxiety response to CO2. ..