Summary: Administrative units of government responsible for policy making and management of governmental activities in the U.S. and abroad.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Work characteristics predict psychiatric disorder: prospective results from the Whitehall II StudyS A Stansfeld
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, UK
Occup Environ Med 56:302-7. 1999..The impact of work on the risk of future psychiatric disorder has been examined in few longitudinal studies. This was examined prospectively in a large epidemiological study of civil servants...
- A retrospective evaluation of a score system adopted by the Ministry of Health, Brazil in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in childhood: a case control studyClemax Couto Sant'Anna
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:103-5. 2003..67), tuberculin skin test >10mm (OR = 8.23). The best cut-off point to the diagnosis of PTB was 30 points, where the score system was more accurate, with sensitivity of 88.9% and specificity of 86.5%...
- [Evaluation of a scoring system recommended by the Brazilian Ministry of Health for the diagnosis of childhood tuberculosis]Ethel Leonor Noia Maciel
Nucleo de Doencas Infecciosas, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:402-8. 2008....
- Diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis by score system in children and adolescents: a trial in a reference center in Bahia, BrazilClemax Couto Sant'Anna
Martagão Gesteira Puericulture and Pediatrics Institute of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 8:305-10. 2004..Among patients who had been vaccinated more than 2 years before, there was a 9 times higher risk of finding a tuberculin test above 10 mm in individuals with probable TB in comparison with the patients with possible or unlikely TB...
- Is tuberculosis difficult to diagnose in childhood and adolescence?João Carlos Coelho Filho
José Silveira Foundation, Salvador, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 37:288-93. 2011..To determine the sensitivity of the scoring system proposed by the Brazilian National Ministry of Health in 2002 for the diagnosis of tuberculosis in children and adolescents suspected of having the disease...
- What do government agencies consider in the debate over added sugars?David M Klurfeld
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, MD, USA
Adv Nutr 4:257-61. 2013..Federal government agencies have different responsibilities related to the food supply including research, food safety, nutrition ..
- Health research funding agencies' support and promotion of knowledge translation: an international studyJacqueline M Tetroe
Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Milbank Q 86:125-55. 2008..Our team asked thirty-three agencies from Australia, Canada, France, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, and the United States about their role in promoting the results of the research they fund...
- Clinical research in the United States at a crossroads: proposal for a novel public-private partnership to establish a national clinical research enterpriseWilliam F Crowley
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
JAMA 291:1120-6. 2004..All participants in the US health care delivery system must come together to focus on system-wide improvements that will benefit the public...
- Job insecurity in white-collar workers: toward an explanation of associations with healthJ E Ferrie
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London Medical School, England
J Occup Health Psychol 6:26-42. 2001..Apart from a minor role for social support at work in both sexes and a modest role for job demands in women, adverse changes in these factors explain little of the job insecurity-health relationship...
- Global Infectious Disease Surveillance at DoD Overseas Laboratories, 1999-2007J Jeremy Sueker
Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:23-7. 2010..Areas for further program strengthening are identified...
- U.S. Government engagement in support of global disease surveillanceRebecca L Katz
U S Department of State, Washington, DC, USA
BMC Public Health 10:S13. 2010..This paper aims to describe the agencies and offices working directly on global disease surveillance capacity building in order to clarify the United States Government interagency efforts in this space...
- Off-label use of medicines in children: can available evidence avoid useless paediatric trials? The case of proton pump inhibitors for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux diseaseGiovanni Tafuri
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 082, 3508 TB, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:209-16. 2009..In some cases of drug therapy, the available evidence might be sufficient to extend the indications to children without further clinical studies...
- An uncertain future: the health effects of threats to employment security in white-collar men and womenJ E Ferrie
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London Medical School, England
Am J Public Health 88:1030-6. 1998..This study examined changes in the health status of civil servants whose employment security was threatened...
- State implementation of the Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2000: a collaborative effort among government agenciesCynthia French
Program Services Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Public Health Rep 119:279-85. 2004..Implementation of the BCCPTA requires collaboration and coordination among many government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, ..
- Factors associated with success of market authorisation applications for pharmaceutical drugs submitted to the European Medicines AgencyJan Regnstrom
European Medicines Agency EMEA, London, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:39-48. 2010....
- Development of a health-protective drinking water level for perchlorateDavid Ting
Pesticide and Environmental Toxicology Branch, Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, California Environmental Protection Agency, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:881-6. 2006..We consider the PHG to be adequately protective of sensitive subpopulations, including pregnant women, their fetuses, infants, and people with hypothyroidism...
- Preparing military installations for pandemic influenza through tabletop exercisesJean Lin Otto
Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Mil Med 175:7-13. 2010..Relevant policy implications for installation-level pandemic influenza readiness include access to higher level plans, strategic utilization of assets to optimize surge capacity, and cross-training of personnel...
- Research governance delays for a multicentre non-interventional studyAndrew A Mallick
Bristol Institute of Child Life and Health, Academic Unit of Child Health, Level 6, UBHT Education Centre Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8AE, UK
J R Soc Med 102:195-8. 2009..To evaluate the delay in research governance approval for a non-interventional, multicentre study in the United Kingdom...
- Bioterrorism preparedness for local health departmentsAnne Morse
Kent State College of Nursing, USA
J Community Health Nurs 19:203-11. 2002..We have started this self-assessment and planning process. This bioterrorism guide has provided some structure for us and may be helpful for other local health departments as they begin this process...
- The pitfalls of bioterrorism preparedness: the anthrax and smallpox experiencesHillel W Cohen
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Public Health 94:1667-71. 2004....
- Perspective on the tragedy at the World Trade CenterJoel Shufro
New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health NYCOSH, New York, New York 10010, USA
Am J Ind Med 42:557-9. 2002
- Pharmaceuticals, the state and the global harmonisation processJohn Abraham
Centre for Research in Health and Medicine, Department of Sociology, University of Sussex, School of Social Sciences, Arts E Building, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SN, UK
Aust Health Rev 28:150-60. 2004..However, evidence is presented to suggest that these legitimising claims are not tenable...
- Medical planning considerations in consequence managementPietro D Marghella
Joint Chiefs of Staff, USA
Front Health Serv Manage 19:15-23. 2002....
- The impact of federal funding on local bioterrorism preparednessZarnaaz Bashir
Bioterrorism and Emergency Response, National Association of County and City Health Officials, Washington, DC, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 10:475-8. 2004
- Health departments' implementation of public health's core functions: an assessment of health impactsE W Ford
Tulane University, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 26992, USA
Public Health 119:11-21. 2005....
- Bioterrorism preparedness. III: State and federal programs and responseJerry L Mothershead
Navy Environmental Health Center, 620 John Paul Jones Circle, Suite 1100, Portsmouth, VA 23708, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 20:477-500. 2002....
- Interorganizational relationships within state tobacco control networks: a social network analysisMelissa Krauss
Center for Tobacco Policy Research, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, MO 63104, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 1:A08. 2004..Structural aspects of these networks could help describe the process of implementing a state's tobacco control program, but have not yet been examined...
- The role of risk and future land use in cleanup decisions at the Department Of EnergyJoanna Burger
Division of Life Sciences, Rutgers University, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08845 8082, USA
Risk Anal 24:1539-49. 2004..For the nation, balancing among risks is essential within sites and among Department of Energy sites, as well as among other remediation sites (such as those of Department of Defense and Superfund sites)...
- Legal preparedness for bioterrorismGene W Matthews
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Law Med Ethics 30:52-6. 2002..This article covers three aspects of the policy debate: the experience in one state from a legislative perspective, a discussion from an academic viewpoint, and one example of the role of enhanced powers from the response perspective...
- Protecting our vulnerable food supplyRobert M Pestronk
Genesee County Health Department, Flint, Michigan, USA
J Law Med Ethics 30:96-104. 2002..Even when a supportive law is in place and the will and resources to make the law work exist, competing political and economic world-views are constantly at work to amend the law and thus adversely affect the public's health...
- The future of public health preparednessSam Nunn
J Law Med Ethics 30:202-9. 2002..Finally, he discusses major security challenges facing the United States...
- Perchlorate regulation faces further delayRebecca Renner
Environ Sci Technol 37:166A-167A. 2003
- Agency, contract and governance: shifting shapes of accountability in the health care arenaCarolyn Hughes Tuohy
University of Toronto
J Health Polit Policy Law 28:195-215. 2003..Accountability mechanisms must clearly locate responsibility for actions and must allow for the exercise of professional judgment...
- Antibiotic resistance: who is winning the war? Introductory remarksAlbert T Sheldon
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Division of Anti Infective Drug Products, Maryland 20850, USA
Int J Toxicol 22:129-30. 2003..Finally, the national and global strategies developed by federal agencies in the Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance are outlined...
- Invited editorial: a whether forecastR H Corbett
J Radiol Prot 23:239-40. 2003
- US and UK policies governing research with humansKaren J Maschke
The Hastings Center, 12 Malcom Gordon Road, Garrison, NY 10524, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 171:47-55. 2003
- The Human Genome Project: lessons from large-scale biologyFrancis S Collins
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 31, Room 4B09, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 300:286-90. 2003
- Overview of overseas humanitarian, disaster, and civic aid programsJeff Drifmeyer
Center for Disaster and Humanitarian Assistance Medicine, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mil Med 168:975-80. 2003..This offers possibilities for enhancing host nation infrastructure, allowing improvements beyond the short period of most military humanitarian projects...
- Defining susceptibility for microbial risk assessment: results of a workshopJohn Balbus
Center for Risk Science and Public Health, The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Risk Anal 24:197-208. 2004....
- Environmental pediatrics and its impact on government health policyLynn Goldman
Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 20815, USA
Pediatrics 113:1146-57. 2004..More recently, these issues have been taken up by states and in the international arena...
- Unmanaged care: towards moral fairness in health care coverageSharona Hoffman
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, USA
Indiana Law J 78:659-721. 2003..This Article suggests an analytical framework that can be utilized to determine which interventions are appropriate and evaluates a variety of means by which moral fairness could be promoted in the arena of health care coverage...
- Holding civic medicine accountable: will Morreim's liability scheme work in a disaster?Griffin Trotter
Center for Health Care Ethics and Emergency Medicine Division, Saint Louis University, Health Services Center, Salus Center, 3645 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Med Philos 28:339-57. 2003..This problem can be mitigated, I argue, by examining and clarifying the apparent social compact between society and healthcare...
- Administrative law and the public's healthEleanor D Kinney
Center for Law and Health, Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis, USA
J Law Med Ethics 30:212-23. 2002
- The biological threat to U.S. water supplies: Toward a national water security policyJennifer B Nuzzo
Center for Biosecurity of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 4:147-59. 2006..This includes developing a national research agenda to appropriately identify and characterize waterborne threats and making funds available to implement security improvements...
- Preparedness and response to bioterrorismR C Spencer
Bristol Public Health Laboratory, Level 8, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
J Infect 43:104-10. 2001..These protocols will be published on the Department of Health and PHLS web sites...
- Advancing health and environmental disease tracking: a 5-year follow-up studyJill S Litt
School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Public Health 97:456-63. 2007..Our goal was to gain an understanding of the extent to which environmental public health tracking (EPHT) has progressed since the release of the 2000 Pew Environmental Health Commission report examining the nation's EPHT infrastructure...
- Domestic preparedness: the grand illusionP M Maniscalco
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, USA
Emerg Med Serv 30:46-51, 55. 2001..quot;..
- Survey of state practices during the 2004-2005 influenza vaccine shortageTom T Shimabukuro
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 122:311-8. 2007..The availability and use of practitioner contact lists and having a relatively high vaccine supply early in the season were associated with smaller decreases in coverage from the previous non-shortage season...
- Development of a survey instrument to measure connectivity to evaluate national public health preparedness and response performanceBarry C Dorn
Program on Health Care Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Harvard School of Public Health, 401 Park Dr, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Public Health Rep 122:329-38. 2007..To focus evaluation on the latter, we evaluated the linkages among individuals, organizations, and systems using the construct of "connectivity" and developed a measurement instrument...
- Share and share alike: deciding how to distribute the scientific and social benefits of genomic dataMorris W Foster
Department of Anthropology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
Nat Rev Genet 8:633-9. 2007..We suggest that the complex interplay of stakeholders and their interests, rather than single-issue and single-stakeholder perspectives, should be considered when deciding genomic data-sharing policies...
- Re-building distribution networks to assure future microbicide accessAnna Forbes
Global Campaign for Microbicides, Washington, DC, USA
AIDS Public Policy J 20:92-101. 2005..This article describes how these policies weaken, rather than strengthen, the capacity of distribution networks to play an urgently needed role in microbicide roll-out when the time comes...
- Engaging the dental workforce in disaster mitigation to improve recovery and responseNicholas G Mosca
Division of Health Services, Mississippi State Department of Health, 570 East Woodrow Wilson Street, Jackson, MS 39215 1700, USA
Dent Clin North Am 51:871-8, vii-viii. 2007..State dental associations should work with government agencies and emergency management groups to increase awareness of the importance for collaborative emergency ..
- Medical toxicology and public health - update on research and activities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryManish Patel
Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, National Center for Environmental Health, CDC, USA
J Med Toxicol 2:83-4. 2006
- Medical toxicology and public health--update on research and activities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryMichael Schwartz
Division of Toxicology and Environmental Medicine, ATSDR
J Med Toxicol 3:139-40. 2007
- The form and context of federalism: meanings for health care financingGeorge France
Istituto di Studi sui Sistemi Regionali Federali e sulle Autonomie, Rome, Italy
J Health Polit Policy Law 33:649-705. 2008..S. federalism may be overall less favorable to the development of well-functioning HCF policies, the inferior performance of these policies is to be principally attributed to context...
- The politics of public health policyThomas R Oliver
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 27:195-233. 2006....
- Media, audience, and policy perspectives in health broadcastingP V Sharada
Reproductive and Child Health Project, Commissionerate of Family Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, India
Health Commun 13:387-408. 2001..The study adopts a mix of both quantitative and qualitative techniques. The findings reveal limited convergence, indicating the need for more effective reflection of the policy guidelines into media programs...
- New departments address disability issuesDiana Hinton Noel
National Conference of State Legislatures, Washington, D C, USA
NCSL Legisbrief 13:1-2. 2005
- Medical Reserve Corps: strengthening public health and improving preparednessMarna L Hoard
United States Public Health Service, Office of the US Surgeon General, Medical Reserve Corps Program, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Disaster Manag Response 3:48-52. 2005..These Medical Reserve Corps units supplement the existing public health and emergency response entities in the community...
- Doubt is their productDavid Michaels
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, USA
Sci Am 292:96-101. 2005
- The privatization of human services: myths, social capital and civil societyLawrence L Martin
Center for Community Partnerships, University of Central Florida, USA
J Health Hum Serv Adm 27:175-93. 2004..Second, the privatization of the human services is a world wide phenomenon that transcends politics and ideology. Third, the privatization of human services helps to promote civil society and generate social capital...
- [The role of public health service in prevention and control of infectious diseases in the Federal Republic of Germany. Tasks, structures and responsibilities--an overview]A Wirtz
Hessisches Sozialministerium, Wiesbaden
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 48:971-8. 2005..Specialized practitioners are needed to ensure professional and fast-acting responses, both for the prevention and control of infectious diseases...
- Health departments in the U.S. 1920-1988: statements of mission with special reference to the role of C.-E.A. WinslowJ F Jekel
Dept. of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510-3333
Yale J Biol Med 64:467-79. 1991..g., AIDS and Lyme disease), environmental hazards, and medical care institutions requires a strong public health presence...
- Update on federal activities related to hospital funding for disaster preparednessNancie Bechtel
Central Ohio Trauma System COTS, Columbus, OH, USA
J Trauma Nurs 11:79-83. 2004
- The legal powers of health agencies--recent developmentsVincent A Sikora
East Tennessee State University, USA
J Environ Health 64:27-8. 2002
- Bioterrorism, biodefense, and biotechnology in the military: a comparative analysis of legal and ethical issues in the research, development, and use of biotechnological products on American and British soldiersAshley R Melson
The Berkeley Law Firm, PC, USA
Albany Law J Sci Technol 14:E1-E44. 2004
- Centralized drug review processes in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United kingdomSteven G Morgan
University of British Columbia
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:337-47. 2006..Rigor of process and transparency of data and rationale are believed to be important for maximizing the impact and political acceptability of the processes...
- Impact of targeted programs on health systems: a case study of the polio eradication initiativeBenjamin Loevinsohn
Department of Vaccines and Biologicals, World Health Organization, 20 Ave Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Am J Public Health 92:19-23. 2002..Improved planning in disease eradication initiatives can minimize disruptions in the delivery of other services. Future initiatives should include indicators and baseline data for monitoring effects on health systems development...
- Gene transfer for neurologic disease: agencies, policies, and processJerry R Mendell
Center for Neuromuscular Disorders, Children s Research Institute, Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, WA 3024, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Neurology 63:2225-32. 2004..The links provided to all appropriate Web sites will facilitate the process for the clinician investigator...
- Policies and guidelines outside the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: influencing oral health care for persons with special health care needsMartha Ann Keels
Department of Pediatrics and Surgery, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Pediatr Dent 29:140-2. 2007..AAPD should be aware of these activities and develop such policies in concert with other organizations where feasible...
- What the federal government can do about the nonmedical determinants of healthNicole Lurie
U S Department of Health and Human Services, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:94-106. 2002....
- "Agriculture at risk: A report to the nation"--a historical review, critical analysis, and implications for future planningK J Donham
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Agric Saf Health 8:9-35. 2002..This article concludes with an analysis of the limitations of the AAR report, changes in exposed populations over the past decade, and specific recommendations on future actions to address the issues...
- Newspaper reporting of screening mammographyJ Wells
Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Oxford, Institute of Health Sciences, Old Road, Oxford OX3 7LF, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 135:1029-37. 2001..Medical journalism may benefit from identification of standards similar to those used for reporting medical research...
- Directed donation: what is a transplant center to do?Debera Palmeri
Hartford Hospital Transplant Program, Hartford, CT, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 32:701-2. 2005
- What defines a public health emergency? An analysis of the strategic national stockpile and the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act: the need for prevention of nonterror national medical emergenciesKapil Kumar Bhanot
The Catholic University of America, USA
J Contemp Health Law Policy 21:137-67. 2004
- Responding to the global HIV/AIDS crisis: a Peace Corps for healthFitzhugh Mullan
Department of Health Policy, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20006, USA
JAMA 297:744-6. 2007
- Proposed Office of Men's Health Would address 'silent health crisis'Stacye Bruckbauer
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1038-9. 2003
- Tropical Whitefly IPM ProjectFrancisco J Morales
Tropical Whitefly IPM Project, International Centre for Tropical Agriculture, CIAT, Apartado Aereo 6713, Cali, Colombia
Adv Virus Res 69:249-311. 2007....
- Genetic toxicology: web resourcesRobert R Young
BioReliance, 14920 Broschart Road, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Toxicology 173:103-21. 2002..Various government agencies have active genetic toxicology research programs or use genetic toxicology data to assist fulfilling the ..
- Building capacity for health promotion--a case study from ChinaKwok Cho Tang
Department of Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, CH 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Health Promot Int 20:285-95. 2005....
- Self-rescue swimming in cold water: the latest adviceMichel B Ducharme
Human Protection and Performance, Defence R and D Canada Toronto, 1133 Sheppard Ave W, Toronto, ON M3M 3B9, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 32:799-807. 2007..a person do after accidental immersion in cold water? For a long time, aquatic safety organizations and government agencies stated that swimming should not be attempted, even when a personal flotation device (PFD) is worn...
- Early initiation of and exclusive breastfeeding in large-scale community-based programmes in Bolivia and MadagascarElizabeth Jean Baker
Academy for Educational Development 1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20009 5 721, USA
J Health Popul Nutr 24:530-9. 2006..In Madagascar, it started high at 86% in 2000, increased during the implementation of the programme, and by 2004, was 91%. These results were achieved quickly and sustained over the course of the intervention...
- Assessing effects of a media campaign on HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention in Nigeria: results from the VISION ProjectJoseph Keating
Department of International Health and Development, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 1440 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
BMC Public Health 6:123. 2006..The VISION Project used a mass-media campaign that focused on reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevention. This paper assesses to what extent program exposure translates into increased awareness and prevention of HIV/AIDS...
- Epidemiology of fetal alcohol syndrome in American Indians, Alaskan Natives, and Canadian Aboriginal peoples: a review of the literatureL Burd
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Dakota, School of Medicine, Grand Forks
Public Health Rep 109:688-93. 1994..of several publications on fetal alcohol syndrome were reviewed, and four prominent researchers and four government agencies were contacted to identify unpublished articles...
- Nutrition labelling: perspectives of a bi-national agency for Australia and New ZealandMargaret A Curran
Australia New Zealand Food Authority, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:S72-6. 2002..The new Code has had extensive input from government agencies, industry and consumers...
- Modern strategies to prevent coronary sequelae and stroke in hypertensive patients differ from the JNC V Consensus GuidelinesL Tobian
American Society of Hypertension, New York, NY
Am J Hypertens 7:859-72. 1994In recent years, government agencies of many countries have established consensus guidelines for the evaluation and treatment of hypertension...
- An ecosystem report on the Panama Canal: monitoring the status of the forest communities and the watershedRoberto Ibáñez
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Unit 0948, APO, Miami, Florida, USA
Environ Monit Assess 80:65-95. 2002..But impacts of hunting and pollution near towns are clear, and the burgeoning population will exacerbate these impacts in the next few decades. Changes in policies regarding forest protection and pollution control are necessary...
- Administrative initiatives for reducing inappropriate prescribing of psychotropic drugs in nursing homes: how successful have they been?Carmel M Hughes
School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Drugs Aging 22:339-51. 2005..However, US government agencies have responded to continuing concerns about nursing home care through the implementation of quality ..
- Reaching the unreachable: barriers of the poorest to accessing NGO healthcare services in BangladeshNizam U Ahmed
Save the Children USA, Bangladesh Country Office, House 1A 2, Road 91, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 24:456-66. 2006..Treatment with credit and waived payment for the poorest were also recommended as affordable alternative private healthcare services for the poor...
- Strengthening cost-effectiveness analysis in Thailand through the establishment of the health intervention and technology assessment programSripen Tantivess
Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Pharmacoeconomics 27:931-45. 2009..Although the HITAP is well financed by a number of government agencies and international organizations, the programme is vulnerable to shortages of qualified research staff, as ..
- Medical counterbioterrorism: the response to provide anthrax prophylaxis to New York City US Postal Service employeesRobert Partridge
Office of Emergency Preparedness, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:441-6. 2003We describe and analyze a recent rapid deployment of disaster medical assistance teams and other government agencies to provide medical screening and anthrax prophylaxis to New York City US Postal Service employees potentially exposed to ..
- Diagnosis and treatment of vitamin D deficiencyJ J Cannell
Atascadero State Hospital, 10333 El Camino Real, Atascadero, California 93422, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:107-18. 2008..A common misconception is that government agencies designed present intake recommendations to prevent or treat vitamin D deficiency. They did not...
- Gains in awareness, ownership and use of insecticide-treated nets in Nigeria, Senegal, Uganda and ZambiaCarol A Baume
Academy for Educational Development, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Malar J 7:153. 2008..Using national ITN monitoring data from the USAID-sponsored AED/NetMark project, this article examines the extent to which these activities were successful in increasing awareness, ownership, and use of nets and ITNs...
- Inventory of data sources for estimating health care costs in the United StatesJennifer L Lund
Health Services and Economics Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Med Care 47:S127-42. 2009..To develop an inventory of data sources for estimating health care costs in the United States and provide information to aid researchers in identifying appropriate data sources for their specific research questions...
- Safety of iodine based water sterilization for travelersL Goodyer
Department of Pharmacy, Kings College London, UK
J Travel Med 7:38. 2000....
- Collaborative partnership for clinical pharmacy services in KenyaSonak D Pastakia
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:1386-90. 2009..A collaborative partnership for clinical pharmacy services in Kenya is described...
- Government-NGO collaboration and sustainability of orphans and vulnerable children projects in southern AfricaAlana Rosenberg
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University School of Medicine, 135 College Street, Suite 200, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Eval Program Plann 31:51-60. 2008..of attention within the field of evaluation to inter-organizational relationships, specifically those with government agencies, as a factor in sustainability...
- Workplace and home smoking restrictions and racial/ethnic variation in the prevalence and intensity of current cigarette smoking among women by poverty status, TUS-CPS 1998-1999 and 2001-2002Vickie L Shavers
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Science, Applied Research Program, Health Service and Economics Branch, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, EPN Room 4005, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:34-43. 2006Recognition of the health consequences of exposure to environmental tobacco smoke has led government agencies and many employers to establish policies that restrict cigarette smoking in public and workplaces...
- Trends in adoption of electronic health records by family physicians in Washington StateGlen R Stream
Clinical Information Services, Rockwood Clinic, 14408 East Sprague Avenue, Spokane, Washington 99216, USA
Inform Prim Care 17:145-52. 2009Electronic health record (EHR) adoption is encouraged by health plans, government agencies, and both the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Washington Academy of Family Physicians (WAFP), but rates of EHR adoption by family ..
- Chicago area methyl parathion responseKenneth G McCann
Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology Section, Springfield, Illinois, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:1075-8. 2002..in the Chicago, Illinois, area methyl parathion (MP) response with several other federal, state, and local government agencies beginning in April 1997...
- Brazil's mental health adventureRichard Weingarten
Connecticut Mental Health Center, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 26:303-5. 2003..I see myself as having the opportunity to be a link between the mental health worlds of the U.S. and Brazil. I believe the two countries have much to offer each other when it comes to mental health...
- Novel Reagents and Methods for Rapid and High Throughput Detection of Aflatoxin CALAN AI PING WEI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long term goal is to develop these technologies into robust products for approvals by AOAC and government agencies worldwide for deployment as a rapid and high throughput tool to combat the threat of AF...
- Multiplex Serodiagnostic Protein MicroarrayPHILIP LOUIS FELGNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..These will be available to RCE investigators, government agencies and to private businesses through licensing agreements...
- Predictive Toxicological Paradigms to Establish Inhalation Toxicology ModelsANDRE ELIAS NEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this project is to develop reliable and reproducible protocols that can be used by academic centers, industry and government agencies as a screen for nanomaterial safety.
- IRS insecticides for malaria control and child neurodevelopment in South AfricaBrenda Eskenazi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study aims to provide data to evaluate the risk/benefit of different methods of malaria control and for the development of appropriate interventions to reduce exposure to pregnant women and children. ..
- MCRC for Rheumatic Diseases in African AmericansGary S Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2013..providers, the general public, investigators and health professionals at other academic health centers and government agencies. We propose two innovative, high impact projects supported by three cores...
- Life Events, Psychophysiological Mediators, Cognitive Decline and DementiaPeter P Vitaliano; Fiscal Year: 2012..Given the relationship between age and dementia, government agencies have warned of a dementia epidemic...
- Chiang Mai University HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials UnitThira Sirisanthana; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, Thailand is perhaps the only county in the world where the CRF_01 AE form of HIV can be optimally studied. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- More and Better Lungs: Ex-Vivo Perfusion of Lungs from Non-Heart-Beating DonorsThomas M Egan; Fiscal Year: 2013..With N.C. state government agencies, we will develop practices and policies to improve the yield of successful lung retrieval from NHBDs that ..
- The 8th Annual Cerebral Cavernous Malformations (CCM) Scientific MeetingAMY LEE AKERS; Fiscal Year: 2012..will require global collaboration from stakeholders in research, clinical care, advocacy, industry, and government agencies. Facilitating these advancements and collaborations is a priority of Angioma Alliance - the patient ..
- Translational Neurotech SummitCASEY LYNCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..neuroscience, executives in the neurotechnology industry, the investment community and federal government agencies (in particular NINDS, NIMH, and NIDA)...
- CMV 2012 - combined 4th Congenital Cytomegalovirus Conference and 14th InternatioDEBORAH HYE SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 3 is to foster new collaborations and partnerships between industry, basic and clinical scientists, and government agencies. Aim 4 promotes public education and awareness of the prevalence of congenital CMV infection and impact on ..
- SIS_REQUESTING A PURCHASE ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF $615,000 TO SUPPORT FOR THE NATDavid Blackburn; Fiscal Year: 2011..behalf of the Bethesda Hospitals Emergency Preparedness Partnership (BHEPP) and in conjunction with other government agencies and organizations, in addition to the basic mission of the Library to collect, organize and disseminate ..
- Impact of Hurricane Sandy on Morbidity and Mortality in NYCTiffany Harris; Fiscal Year: 2013..Despite the best efforts of many government agencies and other organizations, 43 deaths were directly attributed to Hurricane Sandy in NYC, primarily due to ..
- Clinical Development of Combination Plague/Smallpox VaccineCHARALAMBOS PARTIDOS; Fiscal Year: 2011..small business (Inviragen), research institutions (University of Wisconsin, Colorado State University), and government agencies (United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, USGS National Wildlife Health Center)..
- Optimizing Linkage and Retention to Hypertension Care in Rural KenyaValentin Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- LYMPHOCYTE-MEDIATED IMMUNITY TO ANAPLASMA MARGINALEReginald Valdez; Fiscal Year: 1999..These equipment and facilities are, however, assumed to be available in the laboratory of Dr. Knowles based on his research activities. ..
- Technical Information Research Resources for Cancer Preventive Agent DevelopmentCaroline Sigman; Fiscal Year: 2010..recommendations of the NCI Board of Scientific Advisors;and by other NCI staff, officials of other government agencies, and other scientists (e.g...
- Nurse Management of Hypertension in Rural Western KenyaRajesh Vedanthan; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Cognitive and Emotional Sources of Wisdom in Decision Making Across the LifespanEric J Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., on retirement saving and decumulation and on health care choices) from government agencies to individuals. The tenuous evidence for the effectiveness of fluid intelligence "training" (Owen et al...
- Causes of early mortality in HIV-infected Africans on antiretroviral therapyABRAHAM MOSIGISI SIIKA; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Plant-Derived hepatitis B Vaccine from Biomanufacturing System to Clinical TrialRobert Britt; Fiscal Year: 2009..To prevent escape of transgenic materials strict regulations have been put into effect by government agencies as a matter of oversight...
- Malaria in Africa: A History of Infections and Interventions, 1900-2010JAMES LEWIS ADRIAN WEBB; Fiscal Year: 2012..The United States Government, through the President's Malaria Initiative, is actively engaged in malaria control in Africa. This project is squarely aligned with the larger mission of the National Institutes of Health. ..
- 2011-2013 Workshop on Health IT and Economics (WHITE)Ritu Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2013..The conference also attracted attendees from congressional and government agencies, as well as industry practitioners, including CBO, ONC, NIH, AHRQ, RWJ, HIMSS, Intermountain Healthcare, ..
- Kinetic image cytometry assays for neuronal activity/toxicityPatrick M McDonough; Fiscal Year: 2013..The assay will be of interest to government agencies including the US Environmental Protection Agency, and NIH institutes (NCI and NHCLBI) as well as to both ..
- High Throughput Immunoassay for FlagellinEva King; Fiscal Year: 2013..can be marketed by the applicant, Indoor Biotechnologies, to allergy/immunology researchers in academia, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and vaccine manufacturers, worldwide...
- Prevention of temporary hearing loss with AuraQuellPETER BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2009..improve the quality of life for millions, and decrease healthcare costs for individuals, businesses, and government agencies. OtoMedicine Inc...
- Psychosocial Effects on Patient Adherence, Allostatic Load, and Chronic DiseaseDouglas W Roblin; Fiscal Year: 2010..be corrected by acknowledging the benefits of social support and stress mitigation in the curriculum of health promotion programs offered through government agencies, community organizations, and both public and private insurance plans.
- Long Term Effects of Infant WantednessDavid M Bishai; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project will make significant gains in our ability to say whether investments in family planning are cost effective compared to other strategies for achieving Millennium Development Goals for maternal and child health. ..
- Uncertainties in Modeling Spatially-Resolved Climate Change Health ImpactsYang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..The uncertainty analysis will help government agencies develop robust and appropriate responses to health impacts caused by climate change, and allocate resources ..
- Feasibility of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Sterilization for Absorbable Suture MJANET L HUIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently the EPA and other government agencies have started to monitor ETO in response to personal and environmental issues...
- Colorado State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Participation in the VKristy Pabilonia; Fiscal Year: 2013..CSUVDL routinely contributes to outreach and service activities for animal owners, livestock producers and government agencies. Since its acceptance into the Vet-LRN in 2011, the CSUVDL has been active in all aspects of Vet-LRN ..
- AFrica Focus on Intervention Research for Mental health (AFFIRM)Ezra S Susser; Fiscal Year: 2013..research in sub-Saharan Africa;3) To establish a network of collaboration between researchers, NGOs and government agencies that facilitates the translation of research knowledge into policy and practice;4) To collaborate with ..
- Development of a vulnerability profile of the psychological sequelae of HurricaneEmanuela Taioli; Fiscal Year: 2013..This profile will be accompanied by tables and other user-friendly charts and diagrams for local government agencies, mental health agencies, emergency preparedness agencies, health care workers, and the NSLIJHS (among ..
- ASSURING RADIATION PROTECTIONRUTH EVELYN MCBURNEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..of x-ray trends, practice guidelines, and other model procedures and reports for use by state and local government agencies in maintaining effective radiation programs...
- More than Training: Workers' Rights Centers Empowering Hazard Awareness/ ResponseLinda S Forst; Fiscal Year: 2010..contractors rather than day laborers, and engage in direct action or group action and file complaints to government agencies, suggesting strong self-efficacy. While work hazards are a concern, few centers address them...
- Health Effects and Geochemistry of Arsenic and ManganeseJoseph H Graziano; Fiscal Year: 2013..with government and the NIEHS SRP Center: As and Mn Exposure in Groundwater" works with several government agencies to help understand and solve their local groundwater problems...
- An Intregated System for the Epidemiological Application of Earth Observation TecMichael C Wimberly; Fiscal Year: 2011..In both of these case studies, we will actively partner with public health practitioners from government agencies and non-governmental organizations to gain feedback on the usability of the decision support tools and the ..
- Strategies to Improve Vaccination Coverage in Child Care Centers and PreschoolsJulie H Shakib; Fiscal Year: 2013..best practices that can be recommended by the CDC and other national organizations to state and local government agencies, CCCS, and preschools to ensure that children in child care settings are fully immunized.
- Chemical and Toxicological Analysis of Air Quality Using a Novel DeviceCHRISTOPHER H PRICE; Fiscal Year: 2013..These improvements will permit the expansion of the target market to include regulatory and defense government agencies, and industry users such as pharmaceutical manufacturers and product testers.
- Unattended Vapor Intrusion MonitorSanjay V Patel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The VIM will be sold directly to remediation specialists and government agencies for use in their research and remediation programs...
- Improving Care Transitions for Persons Receiving Long-Term Services &SupportsROBYN IRENE STONE; Fiscal Year: 2012..is a broad-based coalition of the nation's leading long- term care, health and consumer advocates, and government agencies, focused on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of care and quality of life of people receiving long-..
- NIAAA Outreach, Communications, and Conference SupportMELINDA MOYER; Fiscal Year: 2009..and fosters partnerships and collaboration with other NIH Institutes, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and national and international organizations...
- NIAAA Outreach, Communications, and Conference SupportMELINDA MOYER; Fiscal Year: 2010..and fosters partnerships and collaboration with other NIH Institutes, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and national and international organizations...
- Toxicology Education SummitAaron Barchowsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..g., American Chemical Society), academia, and government agencies for toxicological curricular content that will advance the understanding and practice of toxicology by ..
- NIAAA Outreach, Communications, and Conference SupportMELINDA MOYER; Fiscal Year: 2011..and fosters partnerships and collaboration with other NIH Institutes, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and national and international organizations...
- Complex and Self-serving Altruism in ResearchDan Ariely; Fiscal Year: 2012..Each year, billions of dollars flow from government agencies like the National Institutes of Health to academic research labs throughout the country...
- NIAAA Outreach, Communications, and Conference SupportMELINDA MOYER; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NIAAA Outreach, Communications, and Conference SupportMELINDA MOYER; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Reducing Health Disparities in Vulnerable African American Families and CommunitiRONALD LLOYD BRAITHWAITE; Fiscal Year: 2013..that integrates our intenvoven network of partnerships with academic institutions, civic organizations, government agencies, community-based organizations, schools, prisons, neighborhood clinics, health providers and policy makers...
- Towards Effective and Efficient Adoption of Health IT in Home Health CareGünes Koru; Fiscal Year: 2013..key solutions and strategies that can be implemented by HHAs as well as other parties such as vendors and government agencies. Rich and detailed contextual data will be collected by using qualitative methods involving interviews with ..
- Enhancing Information Dissemination on Health Disparities Research: A DatabaseBill Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. government entities. The existence of such a database will be a boon to researchers, clinicians, and government agencies that deal with underserved populations and minorities and any groups that suffer from health disparities...
- Enzymatic Detection of Petroleum in SeafoodJOSEPH FRANCIS KREBS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our new test kits will provide seafood producers and government agencies such as the FDA and NOAA with much-needed cost-effective, reliable and sensitive tools to detect petroleum ..
- Emerging Issues in Safe and Sustainable Mobility for Older PersonsKarlene K Ball; Fiscal Year: 2011..Persons is designed to bring scientists, policy makers, industry stakeholders, and representatives from government agencies together to openly discuss issues and potential solutions to barriers with respect to the safe mobility of ..
- Local Health Impacts of Land Application of Sewage SludgeSteven B Wing; Fiscal Year: 2011..been dismissed by government officials have low trust in authorities and in health research conducted by government agencies and university researchers who have ties with sludge generators and industries that profit from sludge ..
- Discovering the Future of Pediatric IBD CareWallace Crandall; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, rarely do professional societies, foundations, government agencies and patients and their families work together to establish and implement an integrated research agenda...
- Effects-Related Biomarkers of Environmental Neurotoxic ExposuresEvan P Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Research Translation Core will ensure timely and appropriate communication of our research findings to relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, community groups, and the private sector.
- (CDC R49) Center for Injury Research and PolicyGary Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..collaboration among its world-class team of research scientists, staff, and partners, including government agencies, non-governmental organizations, public and private sector entities, community groups, professionals, ..
- Randomized Controlled Trial of the P.L.A.Y. Project Intervention for AutismRichard Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2011..A successful trial would encourage private insurers and government agencies to approve major increases in funding for autism intensive intervention services, resulting in wide ..
- Rapid detection of toxic petroleum residues in seafoodJOSEPH FRANCIS KREBS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our test kit will provide seafood producers and government agencies such as the FDA and NOAA with a much-needed cost-effective, reliable and sensitive tool to detect petroleum ..
- Health Care Reform and Disparities in the Care and Outcomes of Trauma PatientsWenjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multi-level models will be used to analyze data routinely collected by MA government agencies between 2002 and 2011, including 1) Trauma Surveillance Systems, 2) Emergency Department Discharge Database,..
- 2/2 GEOHealth Development of the West Africa GEOHealth Hub: The GambiaRex A Kuye; Fiscal Year: 2013..Methods will include: (1) contacting all relevant academic institutions, NGOs, and government agencies in the 15-country West Africa sub-region to assess their potential for expanded regional collaborations;(2) ..
- Small molecule inhibitors of ricin and shiga toxinsJon D Robertus; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our goal is create ricin (and homologous shiga toxin) inhibitors that can prevent, or alleviate toxicity in animals and serve as the basis for development, by commercial or government agencies, of true antidote drugs.
- Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare (WISH) 2012Wanda Pratt; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, we hope that government agencies-including funding, policy, and service agencies such as AHRQ-will find the research presented at the ..
- Workshop on Interactive Systems in Health Care 2011Madhu C Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2011..Furthermore, we hope that government agencies-including funding, policy, and service agencies such as AHRQ-will find the research presented at the ..
- Mental Health Services and Global TradeHoward Waitzkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. government agencies, multinational banking and trade organizations, international and national health organizations, ..
- Collaborative Study:Workplace Musculoskeletal DisordersDavid Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2006..This data is critical for employers, employees and government agencies in order to establish the most effective prevention strategies...
- Global Trade and U.S. Health PoliciesHoward Waitzkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..S. government agencies, multinational banking and trade organizations, international and national health organizations, ..
- ISSUES IN ANIMAL HEALTH AND VETERINARY MEDICINEMary Poos; Fiscal Year: 1993..The ':Panel will respond to specific requests for studies by government agencies and others, as well focus on broad-spectrum issues of education and policy in the area of animal health and ..
- ECRI Institute Technology Assessment Policy Conference 2009JEFFREY LERNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..companies, medical device manufacturers, research organizations and consumer groups, and State and Federal government agencies, as well as elected officials and members of the judiciary...
- Tissue engineered osteochondral patella resurfacingJames Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..disability, morbidity, and financial and emotional costs to patients, the health-care industry, government agencies, and tax-payers...
- ENHANCED LOCAL LYMPH NODE ASSAY USING FLOW CYTOMETRYGEORGE DEGEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2000The Animal Welfare Act (AWA) and government agencies require, when available, the use of alternative methods which address the Reduction, Refinement and Replacement (3R's) of animal studies...
- Community Assist of Southern ArizonaRAMON ESTRADA; Fiscal Year: 2004..childhood lead poisoning; and 4) to further act as liaison between the community and researchers and government agencies. The two measurable goals of CASA are reduction in the number of visits to school nurses caused by ..
- co-Trimoxazole in Zambian Infants (TZI)CHRISTOPHER GILL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of a Web-based Instrument for Service-Level Cost Estimation in Drug AbLaura J Dunlap; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Web SASCAP will help researchers and government agencies disseminate information on the costs of treatment programs and health interventions without excessive costs ..
- The Emergence of Institutional Elder Care in ChinaVincent Mor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research findings will also inform potential consumers of institutional LTC services and government agencies interested in policy making, planning and regulations in this area...