Summary: Societal or individual decisions about the equitable distribution of available resources.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Fairness in children's resource allocation depends on the recipientChris Moore
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Life Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Psychol Sci 20:944-8. 2009..Young children prefer equitable division of resources with friends, treat nonfriends less well, and make prosocial moves with strangers when the cost to self is not high...
- The Global Fund's resource allocation decisions for HIV programmes: addressing those in needOlga Avdeeva
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Chemin de Blandonnet 8, CH 1214 Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland
J Int AIDS Soc 14:51. 2011..We assessed how the Global Fund's investments in HIV programmes were targeted to key populations in relation to disease burden and national income...
- Concepts for risk-based surveillance in the field of veterinary medicine and veterinary public health: review of current approachesKatharina D C Stark
Federal Veterinary Office, CH 3003 Bern, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 6:20. 2006..The rapid rate of acceptance of this core concept of risk-based surveillance has outpaced the development of its theoretical and practical bases...
- Adventitious root production and plastic resource allocation to biomass determine burial tolerance in woody plants from central Canadian coastal dunesJeffery P Dech
Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Ann Bot 98:1095-105. 2006....
- Optimal pandemic influenza vaccine allocation strategies for the Canadian populationAshleigh R Tuite
Department of Epidemiology, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e10520. 2010..We sought to determine optimal prioritization of vaccine distribution among different age and risk groups within the Canadian population, to minimize influenza-attributable morbidity and mortality...
- Ethics and governance of global health inequalitiesJ P Ruger
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, School of Law, 60 College Street, PO Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:998-1003. 2006..Theories of justice are necessary to define duties and obligations of institutions and actors in reducing inequalities. The problem is the lack of a moral framework for solving problems of global health justice...
- A person based formula for allocating commissioning funds to general practices in England: development of a statistical modelJennifer Dixon
The Nuffield Trust, London W1G 7LP, UK
BMJ 343:d6608. 2011..To develop a formula for allocating resources for commissioning hospital care to all general practices in England based on the health needs of the people registered in each practice..
- Comparison of direct and indirect methods of estimating health state utilities for resource allocation: review and empirical analysisDavid Arnold
Cardiff University Medical School, Cardiff
BMJ 339:b2688. 2009..We compared such utilities with those obtained directly from patients or the public...
- Decentralization and equity of resource allocation: evidence from Colombia and ChileThomas J Bossert
Politics and Governance Group, International Health Systems Program, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, SPH1 1210, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bull World Health Organ 81:95-100. 2003To investigate the relation between decentralization and equity of resource allocation in Colombia and Chile.
- Effect of health expenses on household capabilities and resource allocation in a rural commune in VietnamKim Thuy Nguyen
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e47423. 2012..We aim to re-conceptualize the impact of health expenses on household "flourishing" in terms of "basic capabilities."..
- Simple versus composite indicators of socioeconomic status in resource allocation formulae: the case of the district resource allocation formula in MalawiGerald Manthalu
Department of Planning and Policy Development, Ministry of Health, P, O Box 30377, Lilongwe 3, Malawi
BMC Health Serv Res 10:6. 2010The district resource allocation formula in Malawi was recently reviewed to include stunting as a proxy measure of socioeconomic status...
- Validation of ACG Case-mix for equitable resource allocation in Swedish primary health careAndrzej Zielinski
Blekinge Centre of Competence, SE 371 81 Karlskrona, Sweden
BMC Public Health 9:347. 2009Adequate resource allocation is an important factor to ensure equity in health care. Previous reimbursement models have been based on age, gender and socioeconomic factors...
- Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)Craig R Mitton
Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr N W, Alta, Calgary, Canada T2N 4N1
Health Policy 64:335-48. 2003..However, the framework has undergone limited evaluation, and insight into how such evaluation should even take place is not found in the literature...
- Priority setting in the provincial health services authority: survey of key decision makersFlora Teng
Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement, B C Research Institute for Children s and Women s Health, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 7:84. 2007..The current work adds to a limited yet growing body of international literature describing priority setting practices in health organizations...
- Optimizing resource allocation in United States AIDS drug assistance programsBenjamin P Linas
Division of General Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1357-64. 2006..We hypothesized that CD4 cell count-based ADAP eligibility would improve ADAP outcomes, allowing them to serve more-diverse patient populations and to prioritize persons who are at greatest risk of HIV-related mortality...
- Resource allocation during an influenza pandemicKarthikeyan Paranthaman
Emerg Infect Dis 14:520-2. 2008
- Self-benefiting in the allocation of scarce resources: leader-follower effects and the moderating effect of social value orientationsEric van Dijk
Deparment of Social and Organization Psychology, Leiden University, PO Box 9555, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 32:1352-61. 2006..Additional analyses indicate that these effects are mediated by feelings of entitlement...
- Resource allocation on the frontlines of public health preparedness and response: report of a summit on legal and ethical issuesDaniel J Barnett
Johns Hopkins Center for Public Health Preparedness, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe St, Room E7035, Baltimore, MD 21208, USA
Public Health Rep 124:295-303. 2009..To help address this gap, we convened a Summit of academic and practice experts to develop a set of principles for legally and ethically sound public health resource triage decision-making in emergencies...
- Value of information and value of implementation: application of an analytic framework to inform resource allocation decisions in metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerTies Hoomans
Department of Health Organization, Policy, and Economics, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Value Health 12:315-24. 2009..We applied this framework to inform decision-making about resource allocation to metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer (mHRPC) in the UK.
- Recommendations for increasing the use of HIV/AIDS resource allocation modelsArielle Lasry
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Public Health 9:S8. 2009b>Resource allocation models have not had a substantial impact on HIV/AIDS resource allocation decisions in spite of the important, additional insights they may provide...
- Decision maker perceptions of resource allocation processes in Canadian health care organizations: a national surveyNeale Smith
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, 7th Floor, 828 W 10 Avenue, V5Z1M9, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:247. 2013b>Resource allocation is a key challenge for healthcare decision makers. While several case studies of organizational practice exist, there have been few large-scale cross-organization comparisons.
- Evidence-based human resource management: a study of nurse leaders' resource allocationLisbeth Fagerström
Buskerud University College, Drammen, Norway
J Nurs Manag 17:415-25. 2009..The aims were to illustrate how the RAFAELA system can be used to facilitate evidence-based human resource management...
- Priority setting for new technologies in medicine: a transdisciplinary studyJennifer L Gibson
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, 88 College St, Toronto, Canada M5G 1L4
BMC Health Serv Res 2:14. 2002..Traditional approaches to priority setting for new technologies in medicine are insufficient and there is no widely accepted model that can guide decision makers...
- How evolving heterogeneity distributions of resource allocation strategies shape mortality patternsYann Le Cunff
Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS UMR 7592, Univ Paris Diderot, Paris Cité Sorbonne, Paris, France
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1002825. 2013....
- Adult congenital heart disease: a cardiovascular area of growth in urgent need of additional resource allocationMichael A Gatzoulis
Int J Cardiol 97:1-2. 2004
- Adaptive task prioritization in aging: selective resource allocation to postural control is preserved in Alzheimer diseaseMichael A Rapp
Center for Lifespan Psychology, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin, Germany
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:52-61. 2006..g., postural control). This study investigated whether such models also hold for pathologic cognitive aging...
- Physicians' perceptions and attitudes regarding inappropriate admissions and resource allocation in the intensive care settingA Giannini
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via della Commenda 9, 20122 Milano, Italy
Br J Anaesth 96:57-62. 2006Physicians' perceptions regarding intensive care unit (ICU) resource allocation and the problem of inappropriate admissions are unknown.
- Social valuation of EQ-5D health states: the Chilean caseVictor Zarate
Centre for Health Economics, The University of York, Heslington, York, United Kingdom
Value Health 14:1135-41. 2011..analysis has been recommended by many national agencies around the world as a valid methodology to improve resource allocation within the health-care system...
- EQ-5D for the assessment of health-related quality of life and resource allocation in children: a systematic methodological reviewJ Noyes
Centre for Health Related Research, School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd, UK
Value Health 14:1117-29. 2011..with adults as a source of generic health-related quality of life information and utility weights to inform resource allocation decisions...
- Food prices, household income, and resource allocation: socioeconomic perspectives on their effects on dietary quality and nutritional statusHowarth E Bouis
International Food Policy Research Institute IFPRI, 2033 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Food Nutr Bull 32:S14-23. 2011..Not only does this reduce dietary quality, but expenditures for health, sanitation, and education will decline, all of which will have a detrimental effect on health and nutrition outcomes...
- International Monetary Fund and aid displacementDavid Stuckler
Christ Church, Oxford University, United Kingdom
Int J Health Serv 41:67-76. 2011..It is important to take account of the political economy of global health finance when interpreting data on financial flows...
- Protecting elderly people: flaws in ageist argumentsM M Rivlin
Department of Philosophy, University of Leeds
BMJ 310:1179-82. 1995..Furthermore, ageist policies, which deny elderly people treatment on the sole grounds of their age, are both unfair and discriminatory and should therefore be resisted...
- Difficult decisions in times of constraint: criteria based resource allocation in the Vancouver Coastal Health AuthorityCraig Mitton
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:169. 2011..For disinvestment opportunities identified beyond the forecasted deficit, a commitment was made to consider options for resource re-allocation within the Vancouver Communities division...
- Resource allocation for epidemic control in metapopulationsMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24577. 2011..Our model provides new insights for policy makers in the optimal deployment of limited resources for control in the event of epidemic outbreaks at the landscape scale...
- Optimal resource allocation model to mitigate the impact of pandemic influenza: a case study for TurkeyMelik Koyuncu
Department of Industrial Engineering, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
J Med Syst 34:61-70. 2010..A national resource allocation program for prevention and treatment must be supported with the right allocation decisions for all regions ..
- Dynamic resource allocation in disaster response: tradeoffs in wildfire suppressionNada Petrovic
Center for Research on Environmental Decisions, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33285. 2012..Using this framework, we compute optimal strategies for decision making scenarios that arise in fire response policy...
- The past, present and future of HIV, AIDS and resource allocationSteven Forsythe
Futures Institute, 41 A New London Tpke, Glastonbury, CT 06033, USA
BMC Public Health 9:S4. 2009....
- The rule of rescueJohn McKie
Centre for Health Program Evaluation, Monash University, West Heidelberg, 3081, Victoria, Australia
Soc Sci Med 56:2407-19. 2003....
- Optimizing resource allocation for HIV/AIDS prevention programmes: an analytical frameworkSergio Bautista-Arredondo
National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico
AIDS 22:S67-74. 2008....
- Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventionsGovind Persad
Department of Bioethics, The Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Lancet 373:423-31. 2009..We recommend an alternative system-the complete lives system-which prioritises younger people who have not yet lived a complete life, and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles...
- Factors influencing resource allocation decisions and equity in the health system of GhanaA D Asante
School of Public Health and Community Medicine HRH The University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Public Health 123:371-7. 2009..or facility may be based on a broader range of factors, sometimes not reflected in the existing resource allocation formula...
- Does it matter who you are or what you gain? An experimental study of preferences for resource allocationDavid L B Schwappach
University Witten Herdecke, Department of Health Policy and Management, Witten, Germany
Health Econ 12:255-67. 2003Using an experimental conjoint-analysis like approach, preferences for resource allocation were studied. An interactive survey was developed which was published in the World Wide Web...
- Utility of the MELD score for assessing 3-month survival in patients with liver cirrhosis: one more positive answerDouglas M Heuman
Gastroenterology 125:992-3; author reply 994-5. 2003
- Resource allocation within the National AIDS Control Program of Pakistan: a qualitative assessment of decision maker's opinionsSara Husain
Health Systems Division, Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Pakistan
BMC Health Serv Res 7:11. 2007..The objective of this study was to identify perceptions of decision makers about the process of resource allocation within Pakistan's Enhanced National AIDS Control Program.
- Optimizing infectious disease interventions during an emerging epidemicJacco Wallinga
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, 3720 BA Bilthoven, Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:923-8. 2010....
- Two-tier charging strategies in public hospitals: implications for intra-hospital resource allocation and equity of access to hospital servicesBarbara McPake
Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Health Econ 26:447-62. 2007..Under a range of assumptions, the policy will evoke cross-subsidy from basic to superior services...
- Allocating HIV-prevention resources: balancing efficiency and equityEdward H Kaplan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1905-7. 2002..The downside of pure cost-effective allocations is that they violate common norms of equity. In this article, we argue for a middle ground that promotes both equity and efficiency in allocating federal HIV-prevention resources...
- Reducing uncertainty in health-care resource allocationT Simonsson
Department of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Göteborg SE 405 30, Sweden
Br J Cancer 96:1834-8. 2007..The use of continuous hazard functions for analysis of survival data may reduce uncertainty in health care resource allocation, and the methodology can be used for drug price negotiations and to investigate health care intervention ..
- The moral relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care prioritiesJan Abel Olsen
Department of Tromso, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Soc Sci Med 57:1163-72. 2003..We attempt to disentangle those characteristics that may reflect a potentially relevant justification from those which violate widely accepted principles of social justice...
- Optimizing physician staffing and resource allocation: sine-wave variation in hourly trauma admission volumeKhashayar Vaziri
Trauma Services, Inova Regional Trauma Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital, VA, USA
J Trauma 62:610-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between hourly admission volume, injury severity, resource utilization, and outcomes...
- Resource allocation for control of infectious diseases in multiple independent populations: beyond cost-effectiveness analysisMargaret L Brandeau
Department of Management Science and Engineering, Stanford University, Terman Building, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Health Econ 22:575-98. 2003..We show that the optimal resource allocation depends on many factors including the size of each population, the state of the epidemic in each population ..
- Pandemic influenza preparedness: an ethical framework to guide decision-makingAlison K Thompson
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Med Ethics 7:E12. 2006..Good pandemic planning requires reflection on values because science alone cannot tell us how to prepare for a public health crisis...
- HIV treatment and reproductive health in the health system in Burkina Faso: resource allocation and the need for integrationRicarda Windisch
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, and University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Reprod Health Matters 19:163-75. 2011..We assess resource allocation, policy making and integration of the national responses to ARV provision and reproductive health in ..
- Technology assessment and resource allocation for predictive genetic testing: a study of the perspectives of Canadian genetic health care providersAlethea Adair
Health Law Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BMC Med Ethics 10:6. 2009..The objective of this study was to gain Canadian genetic health providers' perspectives on factors and criteria that influence and shape resource allocation decisions for publically funded predictive genetic testing in Canada.
- Fact, fiction, and fairness: resource allocation under the Ryan White CARE ActErika G Martin
Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1103-12. 2006..Other state characteristics, such as poverty rates or racial/ethnic diversity, play a much smaller role...
- Fairness, accountability for reasonableness, and the views of priority setting decision-makersDouglas K Martin
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, and the Joint Centre for Bioethics, University of Toronto, 88 College Street, Toronto, Ont M5G 1L4, Canada
Health Policy 61:279-90. 2002..According to these decision makers, accountability for reasonableness is acceptable and applicable. Our findings also provide refinements to accountability for reasonableness...
- Hospital competition, resource allocation and quality of careDana B Mukamel
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 2:10. 2002....
- Resource allocation and health technology assessment in Australia: views from the local levelGisselle Gallego
Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation, University of Technology Sydney, City Campus, PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:134-40. 2009..An Area Health Service (AHS) aimed to use the results of this study to help design a new process of technology assessment and decision making...
- Ethical issues in pandemic planningAdrienne Torda
Department of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:S73-6. 2006In the event of an influenza pandemic, many ethical issues will arise in terms of health risks, resource allocation, and management decisions...
- Model for end-stage liver disease (MELD) and allocation of donor liversRussell Wiesner
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 124:91-6. 2003..Our aim was to assess the capability of the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score to correctly rank potential liver recipients according to their severity of liver disease and mortality risk on the OPTN liver waiting list...
- Priority-setting ethics in public healthAnnie P Michaelis
Center for Law and the Public s Health, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, USA
J Public Health Policy 23:399-412. 2002..organ transplantation, public health lacks a standardized and publicly recognized system for making ethical resource allocation decisions...
- Resource allocation and purchasing in the health sector: the English experiencePeter C Smith
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, England
Bull World Health Organ 86:884-8. 2008..is given to recent policy concerns to reduce avoidable health inequalities by broadening the remit of the resource allocation formulae...
- Evidence, economics and ethics: resource allocation in health services organizationsJennifer L Gibson
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, Ontario, Canada
Healthc Q 8:50-9, 4. 2005..Various approaches have been developed to assist decision-makers to set priorities in their organizations. The dominant approaches come from evidence-based medicine, economics and ethics...
- Childhood trauma fatality and resource allocation in injury control programs in a developing countryBahman S Roudsari
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 6:117. 2006..This information will be used for the efficient allocation of the limited injury control resources in the city...
- Setting priorities in health care organizations: criteria, processes, and parameters of successJennifer L Gibson
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, 88 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L4, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 4:25. 2004..Very little has been reported from the perspective of Board members and senior managers about what criteria, processes and parameters of success they would use to set priorities fairly...
- Designing equitable antiretroviral allocation strategies in resource-constrained countriesDavid P Wilson
Department of Biomathematics, AIDS Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS Med 2:e50. 2005..Deciding how to allocate the limited supply of ARVs among HCFs will be extremely difficult. Resource allocation decisions can be made on the basis of many epidemiological, ethical, or preferential treatment priority ..
- An alternative approach to resource allocation: weighted capacity to benefit plus MESH infrastructureGavin Mooney
Social and Public Health Economics Research Group SPHERe, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 3:29-33. 2004This article outlines an approach to resource allocation in healthcare that embraces the concepts of 'capacity to benefit' and management economic social and human (MESH) infrastructure...
- SARS and hospital priority setting: a qualitative case study and evaluationJennifer A H Bell
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 4:36. 2004..The purpose of this study is to describe and evaluate priority setting in a hospital in response to SARS using the ethical framework 'accountability for reasonableness'...
- Preparing for an influenza pandemic: ethical issuesJaro Kotalik
Centre for Health Care Ethics, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada P7B 5E1
Bioethics 19:422-31. 2005..Hence, it is essential that plans are developed and communication programs implemented that will not only inform but also create an atmosphere of mutual trust and solidarity; qualities that at the time of a pandemic will be much needed...
- Communication of bed allocation decisions in a critical care unit and accountability for reasonablenessAndrew B Cooper
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 5:67. 2005..Communication may affect perceptions of fair process for intensive care unit bed allocation decisions through its impact on the publicity condition of accountability for reasonableness...
- Critical care: why there is no global bioethicsH T Engelhardt
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Med Philos 23:643-51. 1998..Indeed, such an approach would be harmful. A concrete bioethics applicable across the world does not appear possible...
- Persistent ascites and low serum sodium identify patients with cirrhosis and low MELD scores who are at high risk for early deathDouglas M Heuman
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA, USA
Hepatology 40:802-10. 2004....
- Concept of operations for triage of mechanical ventilation in an epidemicJohn L Hick
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Acad Emerg Med 13:223-9. 2006..This report provides a sample concept of operations for triage of mechanical ventilation in epidemic situations and discusses some of the ethical principles and pitfalls of such systems...
- Ensuring uninterrupted supplies of antiretroviral drugs in resource-poor settings: an example from MalawiAnthony D Harries
Clinical HIV Unit, Ministry of Health, Lilongwe, Malawi
Bull World Health Organ 85:152-5. 2007..With many countries scaling up antiretroviral therapy (ART), it is vital to avoid interrupted drug supplies, which would lead to drug resistance and treatment failure...
- Resource allocation to brain research in Denmark: an example for other European countriesJ Olesen
Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Neurol 14:667-71. 2007This study represents a first attempt at estimating Danish resource allocation to brain research including both public and private spending...
- Using burden of disease information for health planning in developing countries: the experience from UgandaLydia Kapiriri
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Ulriksdal 8c, N 5009, Bergen, Norway
Soc Sci Med 56:2433-41. 2003..Such information would contribute to further synthesis of the approach...
- The impact of prognosis without treatment on doctors' and patients' resource allocation decisions and its relevance to new drug recommendation processesD Ross Camidge
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Cancer Centre, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:224-9. 2008....
- Public healthcare resource allocation and the Rule of RescueR Cookson
Department of Social Policy and Social Work, University of York, York YO105DD, UK
J Med Ethics 34:540-4. 2008..In this paper we explore the appropriate role of the Rule of Rescue in public resource allocation decisions by health technology funding advisory bodies such as the National Institute for Health and ..
- Disaster preparedness and triage: justice and the common goodRobert M Veatch
Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:236-41. 2005..Formal public debate that recognizes the conflict between efficiency and equity--professional and lay priorities--is therefore essential...
- Reallocating resources: how should the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence guide disinvestment efforts in the National Health Service?Steven Pearson
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1156, USA
J Health Serv Res Policy 12:160-5. 2007..Disinvestment will provide a stern test of these qualities...
- Ethical triage and scarce resource allocation during public health emergencies: tenets and proceduresWare G Kuschner
The US Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Hosp Top 85:16-25. 2007..Clinical decisions that involve triage and scarce resource allocation may present unique ethical challenges...
- Guideline implementation for breast healthcare in low- and middle-income countries: treatment resource allocationAlexandru Eniu
Department of Breast Tumors, Cancer Institute Ion Chiricuta, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Cancer 113:2269-81. 2008..The use of process metrics can facilitate the development of multidisciplinary, integrated, fiscally responsible, continuously improving, and flexible approaches to the global enhancement of breast cancer treatment...
- Evidence-based medicine: a new tool for resource allocation?Rui Nunes
Department of Bioethics and Medical Ethics, School of Medicine, Oporto University, Portugal, Estrada da Circunvalacao, 9925, Porto 4250 150, Portugal
Med Health Care Philos 6:297-301. 2003..The use of EBM is regarded as an instrument to facilitate the access of all citizens to a reasonable level of healthcare and to promote the efficiency of the system...
- Priority-setting and hospital strategic planning: a qualitative case studyDouglas Martin
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, Management and Evaluation, 88 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L4, Canada
J Health Serv Res Policy 8:197-201. 2003..To describe and evaluate the priority-setting element of a hospital's strategic planning process...
- Valuing the benefits and costs of health care programmes: where's the 'extra' in extra-welfarism?Stephen Birch
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis, Department Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 1200 Main Street West Hamilton, McMaster University, Hamilton, L8N 3Z5, Ontario, Canada
Soc Sci Med 56:1121-33. 2003..In the context of evaluating alternative allocations of health care resources we are left asking what is 'extra' in extra-welfarism?..
- Prioritization and resource allocation in health care: the views of older people receiving continuous public care and serviceElisabet Werntoft
Department of Health Sciences, and Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Health Expect 10:117-28. 2007..the views of people, 65 years and over, receiving continuous public care and service, on prioritization and resource allocation in health care, in relation to gender, age, housing, health-related quality of life (QoL) and degree of ..
- Dynamic resource allocation for epidemic control in multiple populationsGregory S Zaric
Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 3K7, Canada
IMA J Math Appl Med Biol 19:235-55. 2002We develop a dynamic resource allocation model in which a limited budget for epidemic control is allocated over multiple time periods to interventions that affect multiple populations...
- Re: Resource allocation during an influenza pandemicNick F Phin
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1676; author reply 1676-7. 2008
- Ethical resource distribution after biological, chemical, or radiological terrorismKenneth V Iserson
Program in Bioethics, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Camb Q Healthc Ethics 12:455-65. 2003
- Rationing of hospital services in the Australian health systemM Kovac
Medical and Pharmaceutical Research Section, Health and Family Services Branch, Commonwealth Department of Finance and Administration Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Canberra, Australia
Croat Med J 39:339-45. 1998..Similarly, expensive services with a wide range of usage are candidates for regulation to contain costs...
- Guideline implementation for breast healthcare in low- and middle-income countries: breast healthcare program resource allocationJoe Harford
Office of International Affairs, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer 113:2282-96. 2008..Health ministers, other policymakers, healthcare personnel, administrators, and anyone else involved in developing a BCP can use and adapt this framework to improve outcomes and ensure the more effective use of resources...
- A politico-economic analysis of decision making in funding health service organisationsStephen Jan
Health Economics and Financing Programme, Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Soc Sci Med 57:427-35. 2003..The results indicate that such a process can be effective in not only generating the necessary goodwill to enable such group decision making, but also in establishing a more realistic set of policy recommendations...
- Intensive care physicians' attitudes concerning distribution of intensive care resources. A comparison of Israeli, North American and European cohortsSharon Einav
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah Medical Center, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, POB 12000, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Intensive Care Med 30:1140-3. 2004..To evaluate the attitudes of Israeli intensive care physicians regarding intensive care unit (ICU) triage issues...
- Another kind of end-run: status upgradesE Haavi Morreim
University of Tennessee College of Medicine, USA
Am J Bioeth 5:11-2. 2005
- Regional variations in peer reviewed liver allocation under the MELD systemHector Rodriguez-Luna
Transplantation Medicine, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Am J Transplant 5:2244-7. 2005..9%, p<0.0001). Demographics did not differ among regions requesting non-REDs.Widespread regional variations exist in the handling of requests for non-REDs. These variations point to the need for reform to standard exception criteria...
- Ethical challenges posed by the solicitation of deceased and living organ donorsDouglas W Hanto
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 356:1062-6. 2007
- Reflections on fairness in UNOS allocation policiesGil Siegal
Haifa University Law School
Am J Bioeth 5:28-9. 2005
- Are organs personal property or a societal resource?Robert D Truog
Harvard Medical School, USA
Am J Bioeth 5:14-6. 2005
- Values, policies, and the public trustMark D Fox
Am J Bioeth 5:1-3. 2005
- OPTN policy regarding prioritization of patients with hepatopulmonary syndrome: does it provide equitable organ allocation?B M Sulieman
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Am J Transplant 8:954-64. 2008..Better criteria for diagnosing and grading of HPS are required...
- Examining the potential exploitation of UNOS policiesSheldon Zink
University of Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Bioeth 5:6-10. 2005..These policies are not only unethical but threaten the balance and success of the entire UNOS system. This paper proposes one possible solution, which seeks to balance the concepts of justice and utility...
- MT VET COBRE II CORE A: ADMINISTRATIVE COREMark T Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2011..The EC reviewed Core progress reports, set priorities for resource allocation, and made recommendations to the PI for future research directions...
- A geostatistical framework for the multi-scale boundary analysis of space-time trPIERRE E GOOVAERTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..rationale for targeted cancer control interventions, including consideration of health services needs, and resource allocation for screening and diagnostic testing...
- Iowa PRAMS Surveillance ProgramGretchen Hageman; Fiscal Year: 2013..the MCH priorities and utilizes data for program planning, program evaluation, policy development, and resource allocation. Program staff applies strategies and methodologies determined to be successful in past projects, such as ..
- Three-dimensional visualization, interactive analysis and contextual mapping of sPIERRE E GOOVAERTS; Fiscal Year: 2010..rationale for targeted cancer control interventions, including consideration of health services needs, and resource allocation for screening and diagnostic testing...
- Body Burden of PAHs and Cardiovascular Disease in the United StatesJOHN DAVIS CLARK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of this proposed study can be used to influence policy decisions and resource allocation for the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Urinary Biomarkers for Recovery After Acute Kidney Injury and Prognosis in HospitISAAC ELI HALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The prognostic value that accurate and early biomarkers could have with regard to hospital resource allocation, patient follow-up, chronic kidney disease surveillance, and decisions about continued use of nephrotoxic ..
- CAUSES OF AND ASSOCIATIONS WITH DEATH DURING LONG TERM HAART IN AFRICAChristopher J Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the optimum approach to allocating resources to maximize outcomes is currently unclear. Knowledge of risks for and causes of mortality can contribute to informing resource allocation aimed at improving health and survival.
- Knee OA: Setting Priorities for Care, Policy, ResearchElena Losina; Fiscal Year: 2010..The broad objective guiding our research is to optimize quality of life and resource allocation in the prevention and treatment of knee OA...
- Technology Diffusion &Cost-Effectiveness of Mammography Screening in Older WomenYa Chen Tina Shih; Fiscal Year: 2012..Such consideration is also important for resource allocation because the cumulative cost of secondary prevention to the health care system can be substantial due to the ..
- PS11-003 Minority AIDS Research InitiativeMARGARET ROSE PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..most inclined to accept HIV rapid testing in the dental care setting and will provide findings relevant to resource allocation. The proposed project will be a collaboration among the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, the ..
- Alternative Strategies for Adult Pneumococcal VaccinationKenneth J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011..value of information analysis techniques, provide evidence-based guidance for optimal future research resource allocation. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE Disease due to Streptococcus pneumoniae continues to be a significant public ..
- The Intra-household Distribution of Food and Health Resources amongst ChildrenAchyuta Adhvaryu; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): Policies targeting health improvements for particular household members can, as a result of resource allocation adjustments, have repercussions for all household members...
- Geostatistical software for the analysis of individual-level epidemiologic dataPIERRE E GOOVAERTS; Fiscal Year: 2010..that are causal, or impact survival or morbidity, and establishing the rationale for targeted cancer control interventions, including consideration of health services needs, and resource allocation for screening and diagnostic testing.
- Translation of District Sun Safe Policies to SchoolsKIM DANIEL REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2013..education, teacher education, provision of shade, scheduling to avoid peak UV exposure, parent outreach, resource allocation for sun safety, and an accountability system for sun safe practices...
- Causes of early mortality in HIV-infected Africans on antiretroviral therapyABRAHAM MOSIGISI SIIKA; Fiscal Year: 2012..By informing decision-making processes on resource allocation, treatment and care emphasis-areas and planned strategies, such knowledge would provide treatment programs ..
- Texas National HIV Behavioral SurveillanceJonathan Poe; Fiscal Year: 2013..to community based organizations, and to HIV community planning groups in order to guide prevention resource allocation and to design and evaluate prevention interventions...
- Comparability of self-reports on functional healthJoshua A Salomon; Fiscal Year: 2010..on health is critical to understanding returns on investments in medicine and public health, making resource allocation decisions, and evaluating the impact of interventions and policies...
- Validating a Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) Risk Index for NeonatesSHEILA MARIA GEPHART; Fiscal Year: 2011..for NEC can lead to fewer surgical interventions, lower morbidity, lower mortality, lower costs, and better resource allocation. Methodology: To achieve Aim 1, an E-Delphi will be used to assess the extent to which experts agree on ..
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities In Mental Health Service and Medical Care ExpendituresAUDREY LYNN JONES; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the face of health reform, this research will offer guidance to ensure equitable resource allocation for Black and Latino populations that is needed to improve the health and well-being of the nation...
- HRQoL Values for Cancer Survivors: Enhancing PROMIS Measures for CERBenjamin M Craig; Fiscal Year: 2013..values must be understood and accounted for in CER, patient-centered decision- making, and public health resource allocation. Although the general public is considered the central stakeholder for CER and allocation of public ..
- Molecular mechanisms in the Arabidopsis circadian clockSteve A Kay; Fiscal Year: 2013..coordinates biochemical, physiological, and behavioral responses with environmental rhythms to optimize resource allocation and increase fitness...
- NATIONAL HIV BEHAVIORAL SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMTom Jaenicke; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of NHBS in the Seattle MSA is to provide relevant data for local HIV prevention resource allocation and prevention program evaluation...
- The VETSA Longitudinal Twin Study of Cognition and AgingWilliam S Kremen; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., ratio of performance to effortful resource allocation [based on task-evoked pupillary responses]) as a key cognitive aging process;3) Examine the relationship of ..
- The VETSA Longitudinal Twin Study of Cognition and AgingMichael J Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., ratio of performance to effortful resource allocation [based on task-evoked pupillary responses]) as a key cognitive aging process;3) Examine the relationship of ..
- Effectiveness of Pre-Operative MRI in Breast Cancer Surgery and OutcomesTracy Onega; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this era of new technologies and health care reform, identifying if and when advanced modalities benefit patients is of the utmost importance to both patients and resource allocation efforts.
- Referral Patterns and Risk of Early Revision after Primary Total Joint ArthroplasSTEPHEN L LYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..to identify ways to improve outcomes following revision surgery by reducing complications and optimizing resource allocation. The strong investigative team and premier academic environment in which this study will take place assures ..
- Measuring quality adjusted life years in children with autism spectrum disordersJOHN M contact TILFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Despite the potential for informing resource allocation to treatment of children with ASDs, methods and data for measuring QALYS in this population are lacking.
- The Impact of Massachusetts Health Insurance Reform on Critical Care Resource UtiSarah M Lyon; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research will facilitate the anticipation of resource allocation needs, and better inform discussions of health care reform...
- PHIS+: Augmenting the Pediatric Health Information System with Clinical DataRon Keren; Fiscal Year: 2012..trials are not feasible;(3) Perform economic evaluations of inpatient management strategies to inform resource allocation and, coupled with outcomes measurement, better understand value;and (4) Develop quality measures and ..
- Core Center for Balance and Hearing ResearchJoseph M Furman; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Core Grant Director will manage the resources of the Core to assure appropriate resource allocation.
- The burden of venous thromboembolism within the nursing home populationCynthia L Leibson; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, information needed to inform predictions of resource use and decisions regarding appropriate resource allocation is lacking...
- Illinois PRAMS project to collect and analyze survey data to improve maternal andMARK FLOTOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..These survey data will guide maternal and child health policy and resource allocation, direct immunization strategies for reaching pregnant women, help determine the effectiveness of Medicaid ..
- The Sri Lanka Healthy Minds StudyJoanna Maselko; Fiscal Year: 2012..psychosocial factors, which can be utilized in future health promoting efforts as well as healthcare resource allocation. The specific aims of this proposal are to: (1) use qualitative methods to examine local understanding of ..
- Georgetown University, Lombardi Cancer Center Support Grant Competitive RenewalLouis M Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..chairs the GU Department of Oncology, with the authority to recruit faculty, control space, and oversee resource allocation to support Lombardi's mission...
- Validation of the Denver Trauma Organ Failure ScoreJODY ANN VOGEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..would be extremely useful and would allow for more aggressive, targeted therapeutic strategies and focused resource allocation. Unfortunately, no criteria previously existed to identify on arrival to the hospital those patients most ..
- Integrated Programs & Curricula for Global Health EducationDaniel Tisch; Fiscal Year: 2009..be able to apply their training in policy, modeling, data analysis, pathogen detection and resource allocation to small scale issues and databases in countries that have good data collection infrastructure, but poor ..
- ATTENTIONAL PROCESSING OF TEMPORAL INFORMATIONCatalin V Buhusi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such data support a resource allocation theory which posits that attentional and memory resources dedicated to interval timing may be re-allocated ..
- Improving HIV and HCV outcomes in U.S. AIDS Drug Assistance ProgramsBenjamin P Linas; Fiscal Year: 2011..will lay the foundation for R01 funding to investigate the implications of large-scale, programmatic resource allocation decisions on clinical outcomes in HIV and HCV...
- Dynamic imaging of oscillatory brain networks controlling selective attentionJyrki Ahveninen; Fiscal Year: 2013..investigate how neurons in different areas of the human brain work together to enable conflict monitoring, resource allocation, and attention shifting during auditory information processing...
- Mortality Assessment in Lung Cancer ResectionBenjamin D Kozower; Fiscal Year: 2013..useful tool is needed to facilitate informed clinical decision making, patient counseling and appropriate resource allocation. Specific Aim 2 will determine the specific threshold value of hospital volume at which mortality risk is ..
- Minimizing Access Disparities in Bio Emergency Response PlanningARMIN ROBERT MIKLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..will yield optimization algorithms to identify possible modifications to POD placement and corresponding resource allocation to facilitate the inclusion of populations with diverse needs...
- Improving the population-wide effectiveness of U.S. tobacco cessation quitlinesStevens S Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..research has explored promising approaches that could increase quitline use, improve quit rates, and inform resource allocation for quitline services...
- A Computational Framework for Assessing the Feasibility of Bio-emergency ResponseARMIN ROBERT MIKLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..seeks to develop methodology to optimize the efficiency of a proposed plan by determining an optimal resource allocation. Thereby, it has to be considered that the theoretical optima may not be achievable...
- HIV - Emergence of Drug ResistanceSALLY MARGARET BLOWER; Fiscal Year: 2012..assess the epidemiological and ethical impact of treatment priority criteria, and determine healthcare resource allocation strategies that ensure sustainability...
- Preferences and Economic Decision-MakingDuncan Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2009..the external validity of each measure by relating it to characteristics and behaviors, including household resource allocation decisions...
- Conduct a nationwide epidemiological study of Rx drug diversion for non-medical uDOUGLAS CORRY MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2010..capacity depend in part upon accurate estimation of trends in substance misuse at local levels, and more accurate estimates of diverted prescription drugs in these local illicit markets may improve these resource allocation decisions.
- ATTENTIONAL PROCESSING OF TEMPORAL INFORMATIONCATALIN BUHUSI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such data support a resource allocation theory which posits that attentional and memory resources dedicated to interval timing may be re-allocated ..
- Making Better Decisions: Policy Modeling for AIDS and Drug AbuseDouglas K Owens; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the context of co-epidemics (HIV, hepatitis C virus infection, and tuberculosis), and by developing resource allocation tools...
- The Childhood Obesity Policy and Comparative Effectiveness Model (COPCEM)Asheley C Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2012..is a comprehensive approach to understanding obesity as a public health problem and an issue of societal resource allocation. This application presents such a framework and the project will refine, validate, and verify a hybrid ..
- Novel Evaluation Methods for Multi-Level/Combination HIV Prevention InterventionsEDWIN DUNCAN CHARLEBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..level will provide public health policy makers with an important tool to assess the community level effectiveness of these potentially high impact interventions and to assess which components merit implementation resource allocation.
- Do Departments of Parks and Recreation Foster or Alleviate Health Disparities?Deborah A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Because prior research suggests that resource allocation among parks varies by neighborhood SES, we propose to undertake a national longitudinal study of the existence of disparities in park ..
- PREDOCTORAL TRAINING PROGRAM IN THE NEUROSCIENCESJames P Herman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The University fosters the growth of neuroscience research through faculty recruitments and resource allocation, and supports the Neuroscience Graduate Program through an administrative budget and a limited amount of ..
- Derivation and Validation of an ED Systemic Inflammatory Mortality Risk ScoreMICHAEL MING KONG LIAO; Fiscal Year: 2011..An instrument of this nature may also be used to compare quality of care, improve resource allocation, and select patients for aggressive hemodynamic monitoring and therapy...
- Critical Review of Evidence-Based Program Repositories for Behavioral Health TreaStephen Magura; Fiscal Year: 2012..examined to better understand the relations among them and how best to utilize them for decision-making and resource allocation. The study will: 1. Compile a comprehensive list of EBPRs for behavioral health-related interventions. 2...
- ERP Investigations of Novelty Processing in Different Patterns of Cognitive AgingKirk R Daffner; Fiscal Year: 2012..that manipulate demands on 1) capacity-limited controlled processing (Aim 1), 2) context-appropriate resource allocation (Aim 2), and 3) selective attention to task-relevant events (Aim 3)...
- APPLIED REGIONALIZATION OF EMERGENCY CARECharles Branas; Fiscal Year: 2004..A related mathematical tool, The Trauma Resource Allocation Model for Ambulances and Hospitals (TRAMAH), has been recently completed by three of the proposed project's ..
- Enabling Integration of Local Health Department (LHD) Infrastructure, Community CGULZAR HUSSAIN SHAH; Fiscal Year: 2010..together information from multiple sources to examine the relationship between public health systems, resource allocation, services, and health status outcomes...
- National NeuroAIDS Tissue Consortium Statistics and Data Coordinating CenterCONSTANTIN THEODORE YIANNOUTSOS; Fiscal Year: 2012..community;(4) establish the requisite procedures to anticipate and prioritize multiple projects to optimize resource allocation within the SDCC and to meet the research goals of the NNTC leadership and the NIH and (5) conduct research ..
- ECG MEASUREMENTS OF VENTRICULAR ARRHYTHMIA MECHANISMSEDWARD BERBARI; Fiscal Year: 1999..This diagnostic step will largely determine the clinical efficacy of the available therapies and optimize resource allocation in a cost conscious medical delivery environment...
- The Universidade Eduardo Mondlane/UCSD Medical Education PartnershipEMILIA VIRGINIA NOORMAHOMED; Fiscal Year: 2013..local experts who will be empowered to drive future surgical research initiatives and make decision about resource allocation. The Specific Aims are to: 1) Identify the best strategies for building emergency and essential surgical ..
- Imaging Learning in Developmental Language DisorderELENA M PLANTE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this grant, we propose to use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to visualize neural resource allocation during the process of language learning by adults with typical language and with developmental language ..
- Veteran College Students Mental Health and Academic AchievementMarcia Valenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..these data is a critical first step if the VA and colleges are to make informed decisions regarding optimal resource allocation for outreach efforts, the types of interventions that might be needed and desired by this target population,..
- DNA Fingerprinting and Civil LibertiesBenjamin Moulton; Fiscal Year: 2005..partial matches," and effects on relatives; (7) racial identification using DNA haplotype analysis; (8) resource allocation; (9) federal versus state roles; (10) role of medical personnel; (11) the "autonomy of science;" (12) uses ..
- Economic and Policy Analyses in Geriatric DiseaseEKATERINA NOYES; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this study can serve as a foundation for developing clinical guidelines for PD, provide information for resource allocation with respect to long term institutional and informal care, and to improve public health policy associated ..
- Transfer of Children to Level I Pediatric Intensive Care UnitsFOLAFOLUWA ODETOLA; Fiscal Year: 2009..resources for critical care are scarce and expensive, a greater understanding of the current basis for resource allocation is an essential step toward developing an enhanced system that is equitable, efficient, and effective.
- PRIMARY CARE & DISADVANTAGED ASIANS/PACIFIC ISLANDERSYing Meng; Fiscal Year: 1993..This product will be important to health planners and administrators for resource allocation, strategic planning, and program management...
- THE OPTIMAL MANAGEMENT OF CEREBRAL ANEURYSMSJoseph King; Fiscal Year: 2004..and (2) Use the computer simulation model to perform a cost effectiveness analysis to optimize societal resource allocation during the management of aneurysm patients...
- Small Area Demographic Estimates for China with Remote Sensing, GIS and Spatial MSUSAN HAYNIE; Fiscal Year: 2007..the current age/sex distribution and other characteristics of the population will facilitate planning and resource allocation for services such as health care, education, housing, and humanitarian aid...
- Developing a Rational Clinical Approach to the Disposition of TIA Cases in the EDMathew Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2009..management of TIA therefore represents a classic problem from the perspective of health care quality and resource allocation. The ABCD2 rule is a validated clinical decision rule (CDR) developed to risk stratify TIA cases in the ED...
- Modeling U.S. Health Systems' Epidemic Response CapacityNathaniel Hupert; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately this research will permit more evidence-based policy analysis and decision-making regarding resource allocation for public health preparedness and hospital surge capacity...
- Ethnography of the Social Ethics of Catholic HealthcareSimon Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002..services and increase access for underserved and other vulnerable populations and balance the tensions of resource allocation, charity and cost-effectiveness...
- Pediatric Medication Errors and Computerized OrdersHoward Bauchner; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information is important to lab resource allocation and quality control during implementation of CPOES...
- Intensive Behavioral Weight Management in Public Health SettingsCarmen Samuel Hodge; Fiscal Year: 2009..research can provide important information to decision-makers about evidence-based intervention delivery, resource allocation, and workforce preparation...