Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organizations established by endowments with provision for future maintenance.
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- The influence of global climate change on the scientific foundations and applications of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry: introduction to a SETAC international workshopRalph G Stahl
DuPont, Wilmington, DE, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 32:13-9. 2013..and Chemistry (SETAC) international workshop titled "The Influence of Global Climate Change on the Scientific Foundations and Applications of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry...
- Grand challenges in global health: ethical, social, and cultural issues based on key informant perspectivesKathryn Berndtson
Program on Life Sciences, Ethics, and Policy, McLaughlin Rotman Centre for Global Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 4:e268. 2007
- Research funding. Science foundations: a novelty in Russian scienceIrina Dezhina
Institute for the Economy in Transition, Gazetny per, 5, Moscow 125993, Russia
Science 310:1772-3. 2005
- Enhancing the engagement of U.S. private foundations with conservation scienceErika Zavaleta
The Christensen Fund, 394 University Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Conserv Biol 22:1477-84. 2008..We examined the priorities and practices of U.S.-based private foundations that support biodiversity conservation...
- Public health foundations and the tobacco industry: lessons from MinnesotaJ K Ibrahim
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Tob Control 13:228-36. 2004To investigate whether private foundations can be created in a way that will insulate them from attacks by the tobacco industry, using the Minnesota Partnership for Action Against Tobacco (MPAAT) as a case study.
- Tapping into foundationsLinda Nordling
Nat Biotechnol 25:501-4. 2007Charitable foundations are increasingly looking to help promising drugs reach the market. Often the advice and networking opportunities they provide are as valuable as the funding.
- Public health. Grand Challenges in Global HealthH Varmus
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 302:398-9. 2003..We describe the characteristics of these challenges and the process by which they were formulated and selected after receiving over 1000 responses to a "call for ideas" from the scientific community...
- Grand challenges in global health: the ethical, social and cultural programPeter A Singer
McLaughlin Rotman Centre for Global Health and the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 4:e265. 2007
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's grant-making programme for global healthDavid McCoy
Centre for International Health and Development, University College London, London, UK
Lancet 373:1645-53. 2009..The findings of this report raise several questions about the foundation's global health grant-making programme, which needs further research and assessment...
- Lessons of history? Anti-malaria strategies of the International Health Board and the Rockefeller Foundation from the 1920s to the era of DDTDarwin H Stapleton
Rockefeller Archive Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY, USA
Public Health Rep 119:206-15. 2004
- [Funding of research projects--the importance of foundations]J Boldt
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie und Operative Intensivmedizin, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen gGmbH
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 37:600-3. 2002Without outside funding, scientific research would widely stagnate. Funding of research projects by German foundations was analysed and specified for different medical disciplines.
- Leveraging funds for public health improvement: tobacco settlement funds as an opportunity to transform public healthTodd Rogers
Public Health Institute, Oakland, California, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:170-3. 2005
- Developing a local public health infrastructure: the Maine Turning Point experiencePaul Campbell
Maine Center for Public Health, Augusta, ME 04330, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:158-64. 2005..The development of a sustainable statewide network of local agencies providing the essential public health services remains an elusive goal...
- Acknowledged funding sources in pressure ulcer literature: a systematic reviewJeanne M Zanca
Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 18:84-91. 2005..To identify pressure ulcer research funding sources...
- The New Hampshire public health network: creating local public health infrastructure through community-driven partnershipsWilliam J Kassler
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Concord, NH 03301, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:150-7. 2005..This article describes the development of local public health structures in New Hampshire where none had previously existed...
- The geriatric interdisciplinary team training (GITT) programTerry Fulmer
Division of Nursing, New York University, School of Education, 246 Greene Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10003, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 24:3-12. 2003..This introductory paper provides an overview of GITT, and the companion papers give detail of the GITT curricula, measures and lessons learned...
- Organizational issues in establishing geriatrics interdisciplinary team trainingDavid B Reuben
UCLA Multicampus Program in Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 24:13-34. 2003..An analysis of these four factors and the influences upon them can help facilitate the successful implementation of interdisciplinary training programs at institutions considering this educational approach...
- Field building: lessons from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's anthology seriesStephen L Isaacs
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:1161-5. 2005..The lessons from the RWJF's field-building efforts are relevant for both large and small foundations: Small funders can develop strategic plans aimed at building fields in their home state or locality.
- Designing and building new local public health agencies in NebraskaDavid Palm
Office of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Lincoln, NE 68509, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:139-49. 2005....
- The Turning Point Social Marketing National Excellence Collaborative: integrating social marketing into routine public health practiceSylvia Pirani
Office of Local Health Services, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:131-8. 2005..The Collaborative has also made advances in incorporating and institutionalizing the practice of social marketing within public health in participating states...
- Navigating the road to implementation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ActShiloh Turner
Health Data Improvement, The Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45209 1948, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1806-8. 2003....
- Evaluating the California Wellness Foundation's Health Improvement Initiative: a logic model approachAllen Cheadle
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:146-56. 2003..By examining the relationship between these indicators over time, it should be possible to determine if any changes in intermediate or long-term outcomes are associated with Health Partnership activities...
- Conceptualizing youth empowerment within tobacco controlDebra J Holden
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2194, USA
Health Educ Behav 31:548-63. 2004..Other articles contained within this special issue present results from each of the SYMATU evaluation studies...
- Empowering organizations: approaches to tobacco control through youth empowerment programsLisa LeRoy
Abt Associates Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Health Educ Behav 31:577-96. 2004..Ecological influences of the state contexts (i.e., political climate, history of tobacco control, and public health infrastructure) were also examined...
- Underrepresented minority dental school enrollment: continued vigilance requiredJeanne C Sinkford
American Dental Education Association, 1400 K Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005, USA
J Dent Educ 68:1112-8. 2004
- Turning point sets the stage for emergency preparedness planningBetty Bekemeier
Turning Point National Program Office, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 6 Nickerson Street, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 9:377-83. 2003....
- Mental health research and philanthropy: possible partnerships?Dorothy Scott
University of South Australia, Magill
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:31-5. 2005..philanthropy' however, provides potential for mental health researchers to form partnerships with philanthropic foundations, particularly on initiatives that are focused on prevention and innovative and sustainable models with the ..
- Turning Point's National Excellence Collaboratives: assessing a new model for policy and system capacity developmentRay M Nicola
Turning Point National Program Office, and Associate Professor, Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:101-8. 2005....
- Building sustainable public health systems change at the state levelStephen M Padgett
Turning Point National Program Office, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:109-15. 2005..These strategies included: institutionalization within government, establishing "third sector" institutions, cultivating relationships with significant allies, and enhancing communication and visibility among multiple communities...
- Using information technology to improve the public health systemCharles Magruder
Public Health Practice Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:123-30. 2005..Recommendations for future initiatives, policy changes, and information technology standards are discussed...
- Foundations' role in improving oral health: nothing to smile aboutShelly Gehshan
National Academy for State Health Policy s, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:281-7. 2008..6 percent of total health grant making and 0.34 percent of total foundation giving. Health foundations have played a critical role in advancing the U.S. health care system...
- The relationship of the Milbank Memorial Fund to the field of health and the medical profession. 1935Albert G Milbank
Milbank Q 83:549-67. 2005
- Freedom to fundChristie Aschwanden
Cell 128:421-3. 2007..Unbridled by politics or bureaucracy, philanthropic organizations can fund the riskier projects that could yield the biggest payoffs...
- "Seeds that may have been planted may take root": international aid nurses and projects of professionalism in postindependence India, 1947-65Madelaine Healey
Politics Program, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Nurs Hist Rev 16:58-90. 2008
- Kate Hurd-Mead lecture. Nursing the Great Society: the impact of the Nurse Training Act of 1964Joan E Lynaugh
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Nurs Hist Rev 16:13-28. 2008
- Measuring and improving the quality of hospital language services: insights from the Speaking Together collaborativeMarsha Regenstein
Department of Health Policy, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:356-9. 2007
- Some reflections on a few of the pitfalls in the world of foundation grant makingJohn Billings
New York University s Robert F Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, in New York City, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1772-5. 2007....
- Understanding the craft of philanthropy: do we make something that should be simple too complex?James R Knickman
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1776-8. 2007..adequately evaluate their approaches to grant making when working to encourage social change? Second, could philanthropies better test ideas if they used less "merit-based" approaches to selecting grantees for demonstration projects?..
- Twentieth anniversary of American Vascular Association/Lifeline Foundation: a celebrationWilliam H Pearce
Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1351-5. 2008..As AVA/Lifeline is poised to launch a campaign for an endowment fund, we hope this report will let the members of the SVS know what has been accomplished, what we plan to do, and, most importantly, what we need to do in the future...
- Nurse Practitioner Corporate Partner CouncilJudith S Dempster
AANP and AANP Foundation, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:676-7. 2007
- NAON Foundation...are you lighting the fire?Melinda S Mock
Orthop Nurs 26:341. 2007
- The public/private partnership behind the Cash and Counseling Demonstration and Evaluation: its origins, challenges, and unresolved issuesJames R Knickman
New York State Health Foundation, 555 Eighth Avenue, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10018, USA
Health Serv Res 42:362-77. 2007..S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)...
- Current priorities in health research funding and lack of impact on the number of child deaths per yearJef L Leroy
Mexican National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Am J Public Health 97:219-23. 2007..In addition to increased research on the efficacy of treatment, there is an even greater need for increased research on delivery and use of technology...
- Why choose geriatric nursing? Six nursing scholars tell their storiesClaire Fagin
American Academy of Nursing Coordinating Center, Washington, DC, USA
Imprint 52:72-6. 2005
- Foundations' roles in transforming the mental health care systemLauren LeRoy
Grantmakers In Health GIH, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1168-71. 2006..The meeting identified several priorities for foundation work. Examples of current work in these areas, from Grantmakers In Health's Resource Center database, are presented...
- Venny Snellman, Finnish nurses, and Rockefeller Foundation support, 1929-1956Marianne Tallberg
Department of Nursing Science, Kuopio University, Helsinki, Finland
Nurs Hist Rev 14:175-88. 2006
- North Carolina Medical Society Foundation's Community Practitioner ProgramRobert W Seligson
North Carolina Medical Society Raleigh, USA
N C Med J 67:83-5. 2006
- The journey toward geriatric excellence in a non-research-intensive universityJean W Lange
Fairfield University School of Nursing, Fairfield, CT 06824, USA
J Prof Nurs 22:84-90. 2006..The process leading to the outstanding success of this curricular endeavor is presented as a replicable model for schools in other baccalaureate or master's level settings...
- Biomedical engineering and the whitaker foundation: a thirty-year partnershipPeter G Katona
The Whitaker Foundation, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 34:904-16. 2006..The life sciences will be increasingly incorporated into all areas of engineering, and it is expected that such "biofication" will pose both opportunities and challenges to biomedical engineering...
- Health care hall of fame. Keeping her word. Brinker's breast cancer foundation started 25 years ago with a sisterly promiseEd Finkel
Mod Healthc 37:H2, H8. 2007
- Guest editorial: building academic geriatric nursing capacity: the JAHF/AAN partnershipCorinne Rieder
Nurs Outlook 54:169-71. 2006
- Overview of the John A. Hartford Foundation building academic geriatric nursing capacity initiativeClaire M Fagin
Academic Nursing Initiative, American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC 20005 1503, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:173-82. 2006
- New center to champion nursing in America established to avert nurse shortageStacey Ober
J Infus Nurs 31:67-8. 2008
- The Pfizer Foundation's Community Health Ventures program: providing models for community health partnershipsCaroline Roan
Pfizer, Inc, New York City, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:250-4. 2002..This descriptive special report discusses the outcomes of the program, including its impact on CHCs and their patients, and offers recommendations for funders on how to establish effective partnerships with CHCs...
- Creating the Management Academy for Public Health: relationships are primaryEdward L Baker
North Carolina Institute for Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Public Health, CB 8165, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 12:426-9. 2006True collaboration among large federal agencies is rare, as is that among large and influential national foundations. The collaboration between two major government health agencies (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the ..
- On being a grantmakerMichael Lerner
Commonweal, Bolinas, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:183-8. 2003
- Pursuing perfection: an interview with Don Berwick and Michael Rothman. Interview by Andrea Kabcenell and Jane RoessnerDon Berwick
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 28:268-78, 209. 2002....
- The ADAA Foundation is ten years old. An interview with Dan ParrilliDan Parrilli
Dent Assist 71:4, 6. 2002
- Funding a full continuum of mental health promotion and intervention programs in the schoolsMark D Weist
Center for School Mental Health Assistance, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 680 West Lexington Street, 10th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:70-8. 2003..The paper focuses on "expanded school mental health" (ESMH) programs, which provide a full array of mental health promotion and intervention services to youth in general and special education through school-community partnerships...
- Innovations in collaboration for the public's health through the Turning Point Initiative: the W.K. Kellogg Foundation perspectiveBarbara Sabol
Health Department, W K Kellogg Foundation, Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:6-12. 2002..Strengthening public health systems requires redevelopment of human, organizational, financial, educational and information resources, and as in the past, WKKF will work to this end...
- Planting a seedRobert M Pestronk
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:36-8. 2002
- Leadership development: working together to enhance collaborationJeffrey L Wilson
Virginia Department of Health, Richmond, Virginia, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:21-6. 2002..The article goes on to discuss the primary focus area, collaborative leadership, and some of the challenges of implementing this style of leadership in the public health field and initial implementation activities...
- Examination of the relationship between community support and tobacco control activities as a part of youth empowerment programsLaurie W Hinnant
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2194, USA
Health Educ Behav 31:629-40. 2004..A deeper understanding of the importance and impact of community support will help groups understand the need for building community support networks and how these networks can assist them with implementation of program activities...
- Lessons learned in phase I of the Southern Rural Access ProgramMichael Beachler
Penn State College of Medicine, 600 Centerview Dr, Suite 5301, Hershey, PA 17033 0855, USA
J Rural Health 19:416-21. 2003..Additional challenges include maintaining interagency coordination over time and managing staff and lead agency turnover. Overall, the experience suggests that a concentrated regional approach has merit...
- Southern Rural Access Program: an overviewMichael Beachler
Penn State College of Medicine, Suite 5301, 600 Centerview Dr, Hershey, PA 17033 0855, USA
J Rural Health 19:301-7. 2003..The article will also highlight some of the refinements that the foundation has made during the 2002-2006 second phase of the program...
- From the talk to the walkRoger Hughes
St Luke s Health Initiatives, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:189-93. 2003
- Turning point: the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's effort to revitalize public health at the state levelSusan Hassmiller
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:1-5. 2002..Although the ultimate outcome was to improve health, both foundations expected diverse partnerships to work together to create strategic health improvement plans at both the ..
- Are foundations overlooking mental health?Ruth Tebbets Brousseau
California Wellness Foundation, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:222-9. 2003..Historically, foundations have been key partners in efforts to improve care for people with mental disorders, and foundation funding has ..
- Humanity at the crossroads: does sri aurobindo offer an alternative?Shakuntala A Singh
Reader and Head, Dept of Philosophy, Joshi Bedekar College, Thane Deputy Editor, Mens Sana Monographs
Mens Sana Monogr 7:110-27. 2009..that it has mastered knowledge of processes and helped in the creation of machinery but is ignorant of the foundations of being and, therefore, cannot perfect our nature or our life...
- Thirty-eight years of stone meetings in EuropeK H Bichler
Department of Urology, University Tübingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Urol Res 34:70-8. 2006..for the many research groups all over Europe were the scientific symposia dealing with the theoretical foundations and clinical aspects of urinary stone disease...
- Palliative care module within a required geriatrics clerkship: taking advantage of existing partnershipsCynthia X Pan
Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Acad Med 77:936-7. 2002..This program describes the design and integration into an existing geriatrics clerkship of a palliative care module that teaches the foundations of end-of-life and palliative care to medical students.
- From vagueness in medical thought to the foundations of fuzzy reasoning in medical diagnosisRudolf Seising
Section on Medical Expert and Knowledge Based Systems, Core Unit for Medical Statistics and Informatics, Medical University of Vienna, Spitalgasse 23, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Artif Intell Med 38:237-56. 2006....
- The International Xenotransplantation Association consensus statement on conditions for undertaking clinical trials of porcine islet products in type 1 diabetes--chapter 7: Informed consent and xenotransplantation clinical trialsHarold Y Vanderpool
Institute for the Medical Humanities, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1311, USA
Xenotransplantation 16:255-62. 2009..Its moral foundations include and also extend beyond respect for individual persons as autonomous agents in Western nations...
- Foundations for self-awareness: An exploration through autismPeter R Hobson
University of London
Monogr Soc Res Child Dev 71:vii-166. 2006..We propose a rebalancing of emotion theory that gives greater prominence to children's developing forms of interpersonal and intra-psychic relatedness...
- An innovative partnership in serviceCathy J Lazarus
Foundations in Medicine Program, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Acad Med 77:755. 2002..The partnership also provides a unique opportunity to meet the Medical School Objectives Project (MSOP) objectives in Medical Informatics and Population Health, as outlined in Report II.(1)..
- Development of retinoblastoma programs in Central AmericaJudith A Wilimas
International Outreach Program and Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:42-6. 2009..in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, twinning initiatives were undertaken between local pediatric oncology centers, nonprofit foundations, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and the University of Tennessee Hamilton Eye Institute.
- Professional ethics in occupational health--Western European perspectivesPeter Westerholm
National Institute for Working Life, SE 113 91, Stockholm, Sweden
Ind Health 45:19-25. 2007In this paper, the foundations of professional ethics in occupational health care is described and discussed...
- Oxidative DNA modificationsHenrik E Poulsen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology Q7642, Rigshospitalet, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Toxicol Pathol 57:161-9. 2005..The foundations for this suggestion are: Evidence for the importance of oxidative DNA modifications in cancer development is: ..
- [Health status and affecting factors of late-preterm infants]Ping Xu
Department of Pediatrics, Beijing Haidian Maternity and Children s Hospital, Beijing 100080, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 47:931-4. 2009..rate, mortality, complications, related factors of preterm infants at Beijing Haidian Maternity and Children's Hospital in 2007, so as to establish the foundations for a more systematic and effective program for clinical treatments.
- 1996 Curt P. Richter Award. Effects of viral infection on corticosterone secretion and glucocorticoid receptor binding in immune tissuesA H Miller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 22:455-74. 1997..The foundations for this hypothesis have been drawn primarily from studies on animal models of autoimmune and/or inflammatory ..
- Thymic T-cell tolerance of neuroendocrine functions: physiology and pathophysiologyV Geenen
University of Liege, Department of Medicine, Institute of Pathology CHU B23, Center of Immunology, B 4000 Liege 1 Sart Tilman, Belgium
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 47:179-88. 2001..During phylogeny as well as during ontogeny, the molecular foundations of the neuroendocrine system emerge before the generation of diversity within the system of immune defenses...
- Inventory of data sources for estimating health care costs in the United StatesJennifer L Lund
Health Services and Economics Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Med Care 47:S127-42. 2009..To develop an inventory of data sources for estimating health care costs in the United States and provide information to aid researchers in identifying appropriate data sources for their specific research questions...
- Financial anatomy of biomedical researchHamilton Moses
The Alerion Institute, North Garden, Va 22959, USA
JAMA 294:1333-42. 2005....
- The validity of three-class Hotelling trace (3-HT) in describing three-class task performance: comparison of three-class volume under ROC surface (VUS) and 3-HTXin He
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:185-93. 2009..which has been proved to extend the decision theoretic, linear discriminant analysis (LDA), and psychophysical foundations of binary ROC analysis to a three-class paradigm...
- Phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation in cases of pars planitisSudha K Ganesh
Medical and Vision Research Foundations, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2072-6. 2004..To analyze the results of phacoemulsification cataract surgery with implantation of posterior chamber intraocular lenses (IOLs) of different biomaterials in eyes with pars planitis...
- On some historical and theoretical foundations of the concept of chordatesMargherita Raineri
Department of Biology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Theory Biosci 128:53-73. 2009....
- Foundations of phonological awareness in pre-school children with cerebral palsy: the impact of intellectual disabilityM Peeters
Department of Special Education, Behavioural Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Intellect Disabil Res 52:68-78. 2008..The aim of the present study was to examine the foundations of phonological awareness in pre-school children with CP in comparison with a normally developing control group...
- [Optimizing the relational aspects of orthodontics: the foundations of successful cooperation]Edmond Binhas
Institut Binhas, BP 20057, 5 rue de Copenhague, 13742 Vitrolles Cedex, France
Orthod Fr 80:279-90. 2009..As a consequence, there can be repercussions affecting the proper economic growth of the practice. In order to find the most appropriate solutions to this problem, orthodontists must first have a solid understanding of just what it is...
- Prospects for a genuine revival of primary health care--through the visible hand of social justice rather than the invisible hand of the market: Part IIAlison Rosamund Katz
World Health Organization
Int J Health Serv 40:119-37. 2010..people's movements most closely aligned with the original values and principles of Alma-Ata and the structural foundations of the PHC project...
- [Cryptogenic cerebral infarction: from classification to concept]Serge Timsit
CHU de la Cavale Blanche, Service de Neurologie, F 29200 Brest, France
Presse Med 38:1832-42. 2009Since the foundations laid by Sacco and Mohr in 1989, from the Stroke data bank, cryptogenic infarctions have had a predominant place among the causes of ischemic strokes...
- Fit for practice? An exploration of the development of newly qualified nurses using focus groupsTimothy Clark
Faculty of Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury, Kent CT1 1QU, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 44:1210-20. 2007..This belief provided the foundations for this study designed to gain an understanding of the way that competence develops amongst nurses themselves ..
- The Pathology Laboratory Act 2007 explainedLai Meng Looi
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Malays J Pathol 30:1-10. 2008..to all private laboratories (stand alone or hospital) and laboratories in statutory bodies (Universities, foundations)...
- Reaching and teaching new medical studentsJoan Kaplowitz
University of California, Los Angeles, Louis M Darling Biomedical Library, 90095, USA
Acad Med 77:1173. 2002Each year 150 new medical students enter UCLA. During Foundations week they are introduced to the resources and services, which will support their studies, as well as to the problem-based learning (PBL) approach of instruction...
- Clinical utility of measures of breathlessnessDeborah L Cullen
Respiratory Therapy Program, School of Medicine, Indiana University, 1140 West Michigan Street, CF 224A, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Respir Care 47:986-93. 2002..Understanding the evidence for the validity and reliability of these instruments may provide a basis for appropriate clinical application...
- The role of beta-endorphin in the pathophysiology of major depressionK M Hegadoren
Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2G3
Neuropeptides 43:341-53. 2009..motivation, and specific types of motor activity have important implications in defining the biological foundations for specific depressive symptoms...
- Alternative methods to evaluate trial level surrogacyJose Cortinas Abrahantes
Center for Statistics, Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, B3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
Clin Trials 5:194-208. 2008..Prentice  and Freedman, Graubard and Schatzkin  laid the foundations for the evaluation of surrogate endpoints in randomized clinical trials. Later, Buyse et al...
- Promoting and protecting the health of children and young peopleK Licence
Public Health Medicine, Oxford City Primary Care Trust, Headington, UK
Child Care Health Dev 30:623-35. 2004..Health promotion interventions that target children and young people can lay the foundations of a healthy lifestyle that may be sustained into adulthood...
- Two-photon polarization dependent spectroscopy in chirality: a novel experimental-theoretical approach to study optically active systemsFlorencio E Hernandez
Department of Chemistry, University of Central Florida, P O Box 162366, Orlando, FL 382616, USA
Molecules 16:3315-37. 2011Many phenomena, including life itself and its biochemical foundations are fundamentally rooted in chirality...
- Ethics and skeptics: what lies behind ethical codes in occupational healthTee L Guidotti
Division of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20052, USA
J Occup Environ Med 47:168-75. 2005..We examine three sets of social philosophies...
- Making a difference: incorporating theories of autonomy into models of informed consentC Delany
School of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
J Med Ethics 34:e3. 2008..Whilst the law provides prescriptive rules and guidelines, ethical theories of autonomy provide moral foundations. Models of practice of consent, have been developed in the bioethical literature to assist in understanding and ..
- [Historical Archives of Italian Nephrology: The Cerretani and charlatans: a poor page in the history of medicine and nephrology]M Timio
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Nefrologia e Dialisi, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, Foligno, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 19:55-9. 2002..In the Middle Ages, these people started to beg for alms on hehalf of medical and religious foundations. When their occupation ended due to religious prohibition (Council of Trent) the Cerretani shifted to ..
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..such as CRF, and he will personally train me in the whole cell patch-clamp technique as well as teach me the foundations of neurophysiology. Dr...
- Remodeling Neuronal Chromatin in Mouse Models for DepressionSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2013..The foundations of this hypothesis are built on two observations in the pre-clinical model, (i) commonly used treatments, ..
- Metabolic mechanisms of antiestrogen resistance in breast cancerUBALDO EMILIO MARTINEZ OUTSCHOORN; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the research will discover mechanisms of antiestrogen drug resistance, develop biomarkers and lay the foundations for drug development...
- Investigation of Occupational Exposure to and Infection by MRSA in Rural IowaTara Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..Funding comes from a wide range of federal and state agencies, as well as from private foundations. Lead funders include the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, National Institute for ..
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..These technical aims form the foundations for the application of the advanced technology to human use...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..These technical aims form the foundations for the application of the advanced technology to human use...
- Effects of nerve demyelination on auditory synaptic functionsJun Hee Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed study will lay the foundations for the development of novel therapeutic strategies for preventing a permanent childhood hearing loss and an ..
- Lentiviral-transduced hematopoictic stem cell transplantation for cystinosisStephanie Cherqui; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work represents the first stem cell and gene therapy treatment strategies for cystinosis and builds the foundations for a future clinical trial...
- Mutational Cloning in Familial Dementia and Alzheimers DiseaseWendy H Raskind; Fiscal Year: 2010..of monogenic dementias, expands our understanding of the biology of neurodegeneration and has laid the foundations for new treatments that might be applicable for common FDs with complex etiology...
- Mother Sibling InteractionsJulie A Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will provide the foundations for developing tailored nursing interventions and services suited to optimize mother and sibling adjustment ..
- Improving ambulatory community access after paralysisRudi Kobetic; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results will provide foundations for applying implanted FES technology to a much larger population in a clinical trial within VA health care and ..
- A novel and powerful C. elegans behavioral model of addictionEric A Engleman; Fiscal Year: 2013..information about some aspects of the neurobiology of addiction, an understanding of the basic molecular foundations of addiction remains elusive...
- The development of a recombinant vaccine against human onchocerciasisSara Lustigman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed studies will expand and refine the existing research foundations on these antigens...
- Improving Air Quality for Laboratory Animal ResearchSharron S Quisenberry; Fiscal Year: 2010..NIH- funded scientists across campus as well as programs funded by agencies such as DOE, USDA, CDC and private foundations. It also houses several knockout and transgenic mouse models of human diseases...
- Integrating Perioperative Care into the Treatment of HypertensionROBERT SCHONBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Research Career Development Award proposes a series of three studies to establish the scientific foundations for anesthesiologist-initiated blood pressure screening and subsequent primary care referral of ambulatory ..
- CRCNS: Theory and experiment of neural circuit mapping by DNA sequencingAnthony M Zador; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here we propose to provide the computational and theoretical foundations for a novel technology which will dramatically accelerate our capacity to determine neuronal connectivity with ..
- Zebrafish Genetics to Identify Genes Involved in HematopoiesisDHVANIT INDRAVADAN SHAH; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the long term, the successful outcomes of these projects will lay strong foundations to understand human genetic blood diseases and to discover new opportunities for improved therapies...
- Targeted Therapies and Mechanisms of Resistance in Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaJennifer A Woyach; Fiscal Year: 2013..Woyach has been given the opportunity to chair a Phase III study in CLL which has some foundations in her previous research into front-line CLL therapy, and also integrates nicely with her laboratory work ..
- Non-Classical Manifestations of Primary HyperparathyroidismShonni J Silverberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..completed NIH K23 Awards, 3 completed Masters in POR (2 under my mentorship) and 2 received Endocrine Fellows Foundations grants. One mentee, who has worked with me since her fellowship began, was awarded a NIH stimulus grant...
- Low Cost Diagnosis of Disease using Synthetic DNA ReactionsWilliam L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2013..to reinforce learning via teaching, vii) participating in conferences such as the Materials Research Society (MRS) and Foundations of Nanoscience (FNANO) to network, and viii) writing proposals alongside and independent of the mentor.
- VitaminA and Sickle Cell Disease:Improving Suboptimal Status with SupplementationKELLY ANN DOUGHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2013..This training is crucial to build upon the foundations of nutrition and SCD research knowledge that she obtained during her postdoctoral fellowship and UPenn Masters ..
- The XXII nd North American Testis WorkshopWILLIAM WALLACE WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..The theme of the XXIInd North American Testis Workshop is, "The Foundations of Male Fertility...
- Translational Research on Addiction to Palatable FoodNicole M Avena; Fiscal Year: 2013..record of obtaining funding through individual predoctoral and postdoctoral NIH NRSA awards, and small private foundations. Recognizing the importance and usefulness of translational research, I now plan to expand my research skills ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers in Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes: Research and MentoringPietro R Galassetti; Fiscal Year: 2013..twenty scientific journals, several grant funding agencies (NIH, JDRF, and other national and international foundations). A large share of Dr...
- Foundations of Pretargeted RadioimmunotherapyKARL D WITTRUP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mathematical modeling and protein biotechnology are essential components of the project. ..
- Metrics and tools for phenotyping sociality and development in animal modelsJeffrey C Schank; Fiscal Year: 2011..has helped call attention to the importance of understanding the behavioral, genomic, neural, and developmental foundations of sociality, for these are the substrates on which these devastating diseases are manifested...
- Extinction is mediated by the infralimbic cortex and protein kinase C epsilonPhilip M Newton; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the current proposal, we will lay the foundations for proposals to determine the brain regions in which PKC5 acts to control addictive behavior.
- Host-pathogen competition in IFN mediated antiviral defenseJae U Jung; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms underlying the host-viral interaction at a basic scientific level and will also provide the foundations for developing novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for emerging virus-associated disorders at the ..
- Developing Medications for Nicotine CessationSelena E Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2011..pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, non-government organizations, not-for profit organizations, Foundations and international relations with countries such as China, where the prevalence of smoking is so great it is ..
- Health Care Partners in Cancer Prevention and Care Among Aged - Competing RenewalEva Kahana; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on foundations of social learning theory the intervention is expected to result in increased discussion between older adults ..
- Cellular and Genetic Correlates of Increased Head Size in Autism Spectrum DisordeFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project will lay the foundations for beginning to correlate genomic sequence, regulation and intensity of gene expression, cellular (biological) ..
- Cellular and Genetic Correlates of Increased Head Size in Autism Spectrum DisordeFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will lay the foundations for beginning to correlate genomic sequence, regulation and intensity of gene expression, cellular (biological) ..
- Conference Support for International Congress on Oncogenic HerpesvirusesPaul M Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2012..conference will be raised from registration fees paid by conferees and contributions from host institutions, foundations, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies...
- Kidney-targeted gene delivery for cystinosisStephanie Cherqui; Fiscal Year: 2012..This work represents the first gene therapy treatment strategies for cystinosis and builds the foundations for a future clinical trial...
- Real-time microviscosity measurement tools for the cellMark A Haidekker; Fiscal Year: 2010..first place, thus enabling faster study and better understanding of cell signaling processes and the cellular foundations of various disease states. Cell membrane and cytoplasmic viscosity are of high relevance to cell signaling (e.g...
- Genetic determinants of HSV-1 virulence in neuronsMoriah L Szpara; Fiscal Year: 2013..am well-prepared to contribute significantly to our understanding of neurotropic pathogens, based on the strong foundations of my graduate training in neurobiology and postdoctoral training in virology...
- Enhancing Pathogen-specific Memory CD8+ T cell Responses in VivoGREGOIRE STEPHANE LAUVAU; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate the results of this work to lay the foundations for best design of future therapies modulating the reactivation of memory CD8+ T cells.
- Environment, Psychosocial Stress and Self-regulatory DevelopmentSARA BURR JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed award will allow the candidate to examine the foundations of self-regulation in early life...
- The Effects of Frailty on Chronic Kidney DiseaseCynthia Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall objective of this application is to lay the foundations to gain expertise n the relationship and underlying mechanism of frailty with chronic kidney disease...
- A National Consortium to Explore the Genotypic Basis for ESRD in LupusRobert P Kimberly; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our consortium leverages current resources and investments by NIAMS, NIDDK, NIEHS, NCRR, CDCP and private foundations to create a unique opportunity to address a major health care challenge...
- Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research (SCCTER)TL1HARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..with our first and second year medical students, integrating their basic science training with the critical foundations of health and human disease and the practice of medicine to provide these students a more fundamental ..
- Training in Lung Molecular and Cell Pathobiology-Phase IIJoseph A Lasky; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research award level includes grants from the NIH, DoD, NIOSH, State of LA, associations, and foundations. As an example of productivity of the faculty, for 1998-2002, there have been approximately 113 publications in ..
- Genetically Specific Therapy Against Pathogenic BacteriaStanley R Maloy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The broad, long term objective of our application is to lay the foundations for such a new strategy...
- Recognition of Regulatory and Pathogenic RNA by Muscleblind Zinc FingersPETER EDWIN WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..the highly abundant CCCH zinc finger motif interacts with and recognizes diverse RNA targets, and will form the foundations for a structure-based description of the role of CCCH zinc finger proteins in post-transcriptional regulation ..
- Fourth Annual OSSD MeetingJill B Becker; Fiscal Year: 2010..from the National Science Foundation, as well as pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and from private foundations. We anticipate being able to secure several sources of funding for this conference...
- CARDIOVIRAL PROTEASES AND COMPARATIVE GENOME STRUCTUREAnn C Palmenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..These objectives build directly upon experimental foundations developed during the preceding 27 years of the program.
- Scripps Florida Product Development Partnership for smoking cessation therapeuticPaul J Kenny; Fiscal Year: 2011..scientists, established and perspective industry partners who may join the PDP, representatives from charitable foundations charged with combating tobacco addiction and smoking- associated disorders, and officials from the State of ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF HOTSPOTS OF GENETIC RECOMBINATIONGerald R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the basic research proposed here will add to the foundations for understanding, diagnosing, preventing, and curing human disease.
- The role of Myocardial Substrate Metabolism in Heart FailureMOGAMMAD FAADIEL ESSOP; Fiscal Year: 2013..These findings have led Dr. Essop to study the link between suboptimal nutrition and the increased CVD. The foundations for this collaboration are the limited knowledge regarding the effects of macronutrient intake on cardiomyocyte ..
- Neurobiological Mechanisms of Sympathetic Regulation in Sleep ApneaAnne M Fink; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both the K99 and R00 phase investigations represent important foundations for my future R01 initiatives to define neurobiology of the CV consequences of OSA.
- Dystonia CoalitionHyder A Jinnah; Fiscal Year: 2013..in North America and Europe, working together with several lay patient support organizations and research foundations on three Main Clinical Projects, a Pilot Projects Program, a Development (Training) Program, and an internet ..
- INTERDISCIPLINARY IMMUNOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMDavid G Schatz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training Program (YIITP) is to equip predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees with the intellectual and research foundations necessary to become independent scientists/educators investigating the immune system and its roles in human ..
- 11th International Conference on Developmental NephrologyJordan A Kreidberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..While funding from foundations, corporate sponsors, and the International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA) will cover the basic meeting ..
- Metagenomic Studies of the Gut Microbiomes of Obese and Lean TwinsJEFFREY IVAN GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the gut microbiota in regulating energy balance in humans, and to help lay experimental and computational foundations for the human microbiome project, with the ultimate goal of establishing new strategies for targeting the ..
- Multisensory foundations of speech perception in infancyJanet F Werker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, it is argued that these multisensory perceptual foundations are established for language-general perception: they set in place an organization that provides redundancy ..
- Pro-peptide gene delivery for treating prostate cancer bone metastasesMarxa L Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate completion of this project will provide the foundations for a multifunctional, targeted, propeptide-based therapeutic for treating prostate cancer bone metastases...
- INSULIN SIGNALING DEFECTS IN PCOSRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we anticipate that by advancing the rate of our existing research, the supplement will enable us to lay the foundations for future submissions, which has the potential to both secure existing jobs and create new ones
- Sixth Annual OSSD MeetingChristine Carter; Fiscal Year: 2012..event and are requesting support from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, as well as from private foundations. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This proposal requests partial support for the Sixth Annual meeting of the ..
- Sex, Aging and Antiretroviral PharmacologyKristine B Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Kashuba) and will oversee a team of productive, successful investigators that boasts strong foundations in the disciplines to be learned by Dr. Patterson, including gynecological (K. Nanda) and hormonal (J...
- Children's Attentional Biases: A Key Component of Negative Valence SystemsBrandon E Gibb; Fiscal Year: 2013..detailed information regarding the behavioral, psychophysiological, genetic, epigenetic, and environmental foundations of these biases...
- Effect of Genetic, Individual &Neighborhood Factors on Telomere LengthShannon Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study will build the foundations of a conceptual model that can be used as the basis for future studies on aging.
- VASCULAR RESEARCH TRAININGJeffrey R Bender; Fiscal Year: 2013..Medicine Division and Yale's Interdisciplinary Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics will be the foundations for the program...
- ETHICAL ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH RESEARCHRichard Cash; Fiscal Year: 2000..The course was designed for the following groups: researchers; funding officials from government, foundations and industry; and research managers and IRB members...
- LEADERSHIP ALLIANCE SYMPOSIA SERIESJames Wyche; Fiscal Year: 2000..Financial support for various aspects of Alliance programs has been provided by private foundations and businesses, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes ..
- MALE INFERTILITY: SPERM MOTILITY AND AXONEMAL STABILITYREGINA TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Turner hopes to obtain a faculty position at a University veterinary hospital where she can build on the foundations of this proposal and apply her basic science training to comparative reproductive biology...
- Rapid Generation of High Affinity Protein Sensor ElementsHYONGSOK SOH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Building on these foundations, the main goal of this work is to: 1) optimize the M-SELEX process and verify that affinities of the aptamers ..
- Host and Pathogen Evolution in Lassa FeverPardis Sabeti; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work addresses immediate public health needs and sets the foundations for research into the genetic factors in both virus and human that underlie resistance to Lassa fever found ..
- Toxicology Education SummitAaron Barchowsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..Key foundations of this mission are education in toxicology and the recruitment of students and new members into the profession,..
- Cardiofaciocutaneous Syndrome & Noonan Syndrome MeetingAmy Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2006..D. of Mount Sinai Medical School. Organizational assistance will be provided by the presidents of two nonprofit foundations that support families, educate the public and medical professionals, and facilitate research on two rare ..
- Molecular Foundations of the Myoclonus-Dystonia SyndromeMark leDoux; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that epsilon sarcoglycan co-localizes with GABA receptors opposite GABAergic terminals in the central nervous system. ..
- Detection of Ethanol in Human Breath: Mini-GC Use and Exhaled Breath CondensateRichard Melker; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, the overall goal of the present grant is to prepare the scientific foundations and an actual prototype of a new generation of breath-analysis equipment and software to address the public ..
- Ethics in Behavioral Health Services ResearchPaul Stiles; Fiscal Year: 2005..Issues addressed include historical foundations; informed consent; decisional capacity and competency; confidentiality and privacy; coercion, both direct and ..
- CYTOMETRIC CD4 COUNTING - A MINIMALIST APPROACHHoward Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2007..1990s, the United Nations, various governments, and nongovernmental organizations such as the Gates and Clinton Foundations, have sought to provide affordable treatment to at least some of the millions of HIV-infected adults and ..
- MEMORY AS AFFECTED BY INJURY DISEASE AND ECTLarry Squire; Fiscal Year: 1999The proposed programs has three main objectives: 1) to understand the organization and neurological foundations of human memory; 2) to understand the ways in which memory impairment can occur and also the best ways to measure memory ..
- Health Care Financing over the Life Cycle:A Quantitative Macroeconomic Analysis oJUERGEN JUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to develop quantitative macroeconomic models with micro foundations for the demand of health care and health insurance...
- African Americans in Health Science Research: A University, Community, and Faith-KATHY J GOGGIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., NIH, CDC, SAMSHA, local foundations) health science research with African American churches and community-based organizations (CBOs) to create a ..
- THEORETICAL ISSUES IN SIGN LANGUAGE RESEARCHKaren Emmorey; Fiscal Year: 1992The investigation of signed languages is crucial to our understanding of the biological foundations of human language, as well as to our understanding of deafness and the designing and implementation of policies and programs for the deaf...
- MICRO-FOUNDATIONS OF MACRO-VARIATIONS IN MEDICAL XCARECharles Phelps; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Genetics of CRP in families with myocardial infarctionUlrich Broeckel; Fiscal Year: 2007..the enormous public health burden of CAD, there is significant interest in identifying its specific genetic foundations. As intensive experimental investigations continue, the inflammatory component of the disease process leading ..