Summary: Schools for children usually under five years of age.
Publications175 found, 100 shown here
- Parents' and teachers' opinions about the school food policy in Belgian Flemish nursery schoolsCarine Vereecken
Department of Public Health, Ghent University, University Hospital BlokA, 2 Floor, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:1268-81. 2009..Fruit is not always available at school, although parents would appreciate it. Parents of lower educational level are in general more permissive...
- Elemental carbon and respirable particulate matter in the indoor air of apartments and nursery schools and ambient air in Berlin (Germany)H Fromme
Bayerisches Landesamt für Gesundheit und Lebensmittelsicherheit, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Indoor Air 15:335-41. 2005..In all, 123 apartments and 74 nursery schools were analyzed with and without tobacco smoke interference and the households in two measuring periods...
- [Epidemiological study of oral dental health of 4-year-old children in french nursery schools]D Droz
Département d odontologie pédiatrique, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 54000 Nancy, France
Arch Pediatr 13:1222-9. 2006..The departmental service of maternal and infantile protection (PMI) of Moselle (Lorraine region), together with the Paediatric Dentistry Department from Nancy University, organized a study of the dental health of 4-year-old children...
- [Intestinal parasites in nursery schools of Lages, southern Brazil]Rosiléia Marinho de Quadros
Departamento de Ciências Biológicas e da Saúde, Universidade do Planalto Catarinense
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 37:422-3. 2004Two hundred children from nursery schools in Lages, southern Brazil, were associated as to parasitic infections. The overall prevalence of helminths and protozoa was 70.5%, affecting 61.4% of male and 74.5% of female children...
- Minding controls in curriculum studyJean Mercer
Science 319:1185-6; author reply 1185-6. 2008
- The effects of an early intervention music curriculum on prereading/writingD Register
Florida State University, USA
J Music Ther 38:239-48. 2001..Implications for curriculum design and academic and social applications of music in Early Intervention programs are discussed...
- [Research on health education and promotion in Spanish nursery and primary schools. A systematic review of studies published between 1995 and 2005]Mari Carmen Davó
Area de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Publica, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Gac Sanit 22:58-64. 2008..To identify the characteristics of health education and promotion interventions in Spanish nursery and primary schools, through the studies published in scientific journals...
- A two-year prospective follow-up study of community-based early intensive behavioural intervention and specialist nursery provision for children with autism spectrum disordersIliana Magiati
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:803-12. 2007..This prospective study compared outcome for pre-school children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) receiving autism-specific nursery provision or home-based Early Intensive Behavioural Interventions (EIBI) in a community setting...
- Initiations of social interactions by young hearing impaired preschoolersAmatzia Weisel
School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 10:161-70. 2005..The discussion addressed implications regarding integration of children with hearing impairment into regular educational settings...
- [Early speech promotion as chance]Zvi Penner
Universitat Konstanz, Geschäftsführer von Kon Lab GmbH, Frauenfeld, Schweiz
Kinderkrankenschwester 24:450-4. 2005
- An outbreak of diarrhoea due to multiple antimicrobial-resistant Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O26:H11 in a nurseryN Hiruta
Yokosuka City Institute of Public Health, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
Epidemiol Infect 127:221-7. 2001....
- Pre-school teachers' knowledge, attitudes and practices on childhood developmental and behavioural disorders in SingaporeWee Bin Lian
Department of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, and Child Development Unit, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore
J Paediatr Child Health 44:187-94. 2008....
- Caries in preschool children in Amman, Jordan and the relationship to socio-demographic factorsA Sayegh
Dept of Transcultural Oral Health, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
Int Dent J 52:87-93. 2002....
- Determinants of cognitive function in childhood: a cohort study in a middle income contextDarci N Santos
Department of Collective Health, Institute of Collective Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
BMC Public Health 8:202. 2008..This study aimed to examine the relative contributions of both proximal and distal risk factors on child cognitive development, by breaking down the possible causal pathways through which poverty affects cognition...
- [Greetings from the forest kindergarten--the harvest mite dermatitis]Dieter Hassler
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1801. 2002
- The validity of nursery teachers' report on the physical activity of young childrenXiaoli Chen
Department of Welfare Promotion and Epidemiology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Faculty of Medicine, Japan
J Epidemiol 12:367-74. 2002..The results suggest that nursery teachers' respondent for children in physical activity may be used as a valid measure to evaluate young children's physical activity levels, especially in nursery setting...
- [Epidemic of Trichophyton tonsurans tinea capitis in a nursery school in the Southern suburbs of Paris]C Viguie-Vallanet
Groupe Hospitalier Cochin, Saint Vincent de Paul, La Roche Guyon, Antenne de Mycologie, Pavillon Tarnier, Paris
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:432-8. 2005..In March 2001 a school and family survey was conducted in a nursery school in the Southern suburbs of Paris, during an epidemic of Trichophyton tondsurans tinea...
- An enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O103 outbreak at a nursery school in Miyazaki Prefecture, JapanRyoko Muraoka
Miyazaki Prefecture Central Public Health Office, Miyazaki 880 0032, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 60:410-1. 2007
- Distribution of enterobiasis among nursery school children in SE Estonia and of other helminthiases in EstoniaMare Remm
Tartu School of Health Care, Nooruse 9, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Parasitol Res 99:729-36. 2006..A total of 954 nursery school children were examined from 22 nursery schools in Tartu and Põlva counties in Estonia...
- Exposure of nursery school children and their parents and teachers to di-n-butylphthalate and butylbenzylphthalateHolger M Koch
Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schillerstrasse 25 29, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 78:223-9. 2005..To obtain an estimate of internal exposure to DnBP and BBzP we compared the excretion of their metabolites in the urine of nursery school children with that of their teachers and parents...
- Teacher report and direct assessment of preferences for identifying reinforcers for young childrenCatherine A Cote
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 40:157-66. 2007..Despite poor correspondence between rankings generated through the teacher interview and direct preference assessment, results of the reinforcer assessment suggest that both methods are effective in identifying reinforcers for toddlers...
- Effect of nutrition education and diet modification in iron depleted preschool children in nurseries in Tehran: a pilot studyFarnaz Khoshnevisan
Department of Nutrition Research, National Nutrition and Food Technology Research Institute, Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 74:264-8. 2004..Therefore, educating mothers of iron-deficient children while increasing the iron stores in children can prevent the recurrence of iron deficiency and result in general child well-being...
- Longitudinal study of transmission, diversity, and stability of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus genotypes in Brazilian nursery childrenMarlise Inez Klein
Department of Oral Diagnosis, State University of Campinas Piracicaba School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 42:4620-6. 2004....
- From research to policy and practice: the School of the 21st CenturyEdward Zigler
Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511 2187, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 77:175-81. 2007..The authors' work with the School of the 21st Century shows that schools can provide high-quality, developmentally appropriate care and that these programs benefit later school performance...
- Nasal carriage of a single clone of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among kindergarten attendees in northern TaiwanWen Tsung Lo
Department of Pediatrics, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Infect Dis 7:51. 2007..To evaluate the prevalence and microbiological characterization of community-acquired (CA) methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal carriage in a kindergarten...
- Nutrition provided to Mexican-American preschool children on the Texas-Mexico borderNelda Mier
Social and Behavioral Health, South Texas Center School of Rural Public Health, Health Science Center, Texas A and M University System, Temple, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:311-5. 2007..001), and potassium (P<0.001). Nutrition interventions targeting low-income border Mexican-American families should emphasize the need and importance of providing children with diets that meet the Recommended Dietary Allowances...
- Associations of length of employment and working conditions with neck, shoulder and arm pain among nursery school teachersYuichiro Ono
Department of Public Health, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi Ken, Japan
Ind Health 40:149-58. 2002A cross-sectional questionnaire study was carried out on nursery school (NS) teachers in public nursery schools in N city in Japan to determine the magnitude of associations of probable risk factors with neck, shoulder, and arm pain, ..
- [Evaluation of vaccine coverage in children from 2 to 4 years old in South-Eastern France]V Guagliardo
Observatoire Régional de la Santé Provence Alpes Côte d Azur ORS PACA, Marseille, France
Arch Pediatr 14:338-44. 2007..Few studies have evaluated vaccination coverage in early childhood in South-Eastern France and spatial and social factors associated to it...
- Relationship between parental locus of control and caries experience in preschool children - cross-sectional surveyErika Lencová
Institute of Dental Research 1st Faculty of Medicine of the Charles University and General Teaching Hospital, Prague, The Czech Republic
BMC Public Health 8:208. 2008....
- [Activities of medical practitioners in nursery schools for children under 6 years-old: the expectations of the facilities' directors]Serge Fanello
Département universitaire de santé publique, UFR Medecine, CHU Angers, 49333 Angers cedex 9
Sante Publique 19:163-70. 2007..It is based on the analysis of 139 questionnaires received from nursery schools' managers from the Pays de Loire region in 2005...
- Developmental changes in consistency of preferential feeling for peers and objects around age fourIzumi Uehara
Department of Culture and Psychology, Faculty of Human Studies, Seisen Jogakuin College, Nagano, Japan
Psychol Rep 94:335-47. 2004..The results are discussed in relation to the critical developmental changes about age 4 in other cognitive abilities...
- Combined genogroup I and II norovirus infection at a nurseryKiyoko Uchino
Sakai City Institute of Public Health, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 59:270-2. 2006....
- [Evaluation of an oral health promotion program after one year of implementation in a nursery school]Stephanie Tubert-Jeannin
Universite d Auvergne, Departement de sante publique, Equipe d Accueil 3847, UFR d Odontologie, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Sante Publique 20:7-17. 2008An oral health promotion programme and study are currently being carried out in 9 nursery schools with children at high risk for cavities located in the deprived neighbourhoods of the city of Clermont-Ferrand (France)...
- The Seoul Metropolitan Preschool Vision Screening Programme: results from South KoreaH T Lim
Department of Ophthalmology, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Br J Ophthalmol 88:929-33. 2004..To report on a new model of preschool vision screening that was performed in metropolitan Seoul and to investigate the distribution of various ocular disorders in this metropolitan preschool population...
- [Health checkups for children of 3-4 years of age in the Hauts-de-Seine department (France): results and prospects]C Bois
Service départemental de PMI, conseil général des Hauts de Seine, 92015 Nanterre cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 17:233-42. 2010A mission of the department's State Maternal and Child Welfare Service is to organize the first checkups for children attending nursery schools. Here, we present the data of the Hauts-de-Seine department (France).
- [Nutritional status of preschool children attending the Chilean National Nursery Schools Council Programs (JUNJI): assessment of the agreement among anthropometric indicators of obesity and central obesity]Yareni Gutiérez-Gómez
Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Chile, Chile
Arch Latinoam Nutr 59:30-7. 2009..The aims of this study were: (1) assess the nutritional status of children attending the Chilean National Nursery Schools Council Program (JUNJI); (2) assess the agreement between general and central obesity anthropometric ..
- Prevalence and socio-demographic associations of undernutrition and obesity among preschool children in CyprusS C Savva
Research and Education Foundation of Child Health, Nicosia, Cyprus
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1259-65. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of undernutrition and obesity in preschool children in Cyprus and identify possible associations...
- From clinical activities to didactics and research in occupational medicineL Alessio
Institute of Occupational Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Med Lav 97:393-401. 2006..This trend should be quantitatively and qualitatively verified with ad hoc studies. The information is particularly relevant for Academic Institutions where medical students and residents in occupational medicine are trained...
- [Detection of transmissible forms of enteroparasites in water and vegetables consumed at schools in Sorocaba, São Paulo state, Brazil]L M Coelho
Departamento de Morfologia e Patologia, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 34:479-82. 2001Water and raw vegetables consumed in ten nursery schools were evaluated for the presence of transmissible forms of enteroparasites. The water was submitted to filtration through membranes...
- Risk factors of incident melanocytic nevi: a longitudinal study in a cohort of 1,232 young German childrenJurgen Bauer
Department of Dermatology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Cancer 115:121-6. 2005..study with a 3-year follow-up was conducted in 1,232 young children 2-7 years of age attending 78 public nursery schools in Bochum and Stuttgart, Germany...
- Dental caries in the primary dentition in public nursery school children in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, BrazilI C Leite
Faculdade de Odontologia, Centro Integrado de Saúde, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Juiz de Fora, MG, 36030 330, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 16:717-22. 2000..in the primary dentition and associated variables in low socioeconomic preschool children enrolled in public nursery schools in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, Brazil...
- [An evaluation and comparison of the methodology of 2 otophoniatric screenings performed in the 1989-1990 biennium on a sample of 4-year-old children attending nursery schools]C Mioni
Sezione di Otofoniatria Infantile
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 12:55-67. 1992..this screening was considered experimental in four schools, the ultimate goal is to extend it to all the nursery schools in the same area...
- Interventional study in 1,232 young German children to prevent the development of melanocytic nevi failed to change sun exposure and sun protective behaviorJurgen Bauer
Department of Dermatology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Cancer 116:755-61. 2005..A total of 1,812 children in 78 public nursery schools in 2 German cities were randomized to 3 study arms: (i) parents were informed on study purpose and sun ..
- [Effects of aircraft noise on preschool children's misbehaviours: results of research around the Kadena and Futenma airfields in Okinawa]Tomohiro Tokuyama
Okinawa Prefectural College of Nursing, Okinawa, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 64:14-25. 2009..To investigate the association between aircraft noise exposure as expressed by Weighted Equivalent Continuous Perceived Noise Level (WECPNL) and preschool children's misbehaviours around the Kadena and Futenma airfields in Okinawa...
- Time-activity-patterns of some selected small groups as a basis for exposure estimation: a methodological studyW H Dörre
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Institut für Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Medizinische Fakultat, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 7:471-91. 1997..The toddlers spent an average of 87.6% of their time indoors (66.2% at home, 20.4% at nursery schools, 1% at other indoor areas), 11.2% of their time outdoors, and 1...
- [Fathers' child-rearing behavior and influencing factors]Takashi Naruse
Department of Community Health Nursing, Division of Health Sciences and Nursing Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 56:402-10. 2009..Fathers' child-rearing is still limited in Japan. This study describes the current situation of fathers' child-rearing and examines the association with positive spillover...
- [Vaccination coverage of foreign children and their parents' views on immunization services in Gunma Prefecture, Japan]Satoshi Tsukui
Department of Health and Welfare, Gunma Prefectural Government
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 56:35-42. 2009..The aim was to evaluate vaccination coverage among foreign children living in an urban area of Gunma Prefecture, Japan and to examine their parents' views concerning the local immunization services...
- [Food borne infectious outbreaks, Austria 2005]Peter Much
Osterreichische Agentur fur Gesundheit und Ernahrungssicherheit, Kompetenzzentrum Infektionsepidemiologie, Wien, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:150-7. 2007..restaurants, cafeterias) 34 x, family celebrations 14 x, nursery schools 4 x, festivities (e.g...
- The effect of a single educational input given to school teachers on patient's correct handling after dental traumaF K Kahabuka
Faculty of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SADJ 56:284-7. 2001..of children who sustained tooth avulsion from primary schools that belonged to a seminar group and from nursery schools that belonged to a mailed guidelines group...
- Foodborne outbreaks, Austria 2007Peter Much
Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety AGES, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 121:77-85. 2009..g. restaurants, cafeterias) 24 times, family celebrations, nursery schools, take-aways and barbecues 22 times, nursing homes and hospitals eight times...
- Cross-sectional comparisons of caries time trends in nursery school children in Sendai, JapanH Mayanagi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 23:344-9. 1995..An annual clinical dental examination of children aged 2-5 yr at 13 nursery schools in Sendai City was carried out in 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987 and 1992...
- Universal newborn hearing screening and postnatal hearing lossViktor Weichbold
Clinical Department of Hearing, Voice and Speech Disorders, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Pediatrics 117:e631-6. 2006..The goal of this study was to determine the percentage of children who have a postnatal permanent childhood hearing impairment (PCHI) and the percentage thereof who have risk indicators for a postnatal hearing loss...
- Assessment of the mean daily dietary intake of acrylamide in alexandriaSanaa I Saleh
Regional Center for Food and Feed, Agricultural Research Center, Alexandria, Egypt
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 82:331-45. 2007..417 males and 405 females) were randomly selected, from different places such as clubs, schools, university, nursery schools, homes and companies, from different socio-demographic sectors of the Alexandria population...
- Interventions for increasing physical activity at child careDianne S Ward
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7426, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:526-34. 2010..intervention studies targeting physical activity conducted within a child care setting (including preschools, nursery schools, and day care)...
- [Individual social characteristics, municipal environment and the prevalence of weight problems in early childhood: a multilevel analysis]P Verger
Observatoire Régional de la Santé, Provence Alpes Côte d Azur ORS PACA, Marseille, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 55:347-56. 2007....
- [Language promotion in kindergartens in Biberach county--an analysis of the state foundation subsidized language intervention project]M Spannenkrebs
Kreisgesundheitsamt Biberach, Amtsleiter Dr Volker Baumann
Gesundheitswesen 67:777-80. 2005..Therefore we advise further language-intervention programmes in nursery-schools to be conducted as early as possible. Furthermore analytical observation and supervision must be standard to maintain a high level of effectiveness...
- Antimicrobial effect of fluoride mouthrinse on mutans streptococci and lactobacilli in salivaA Yoshihara
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Niigata University, Faculty of Dentistry, Niigata, Japan
Pediatr Dent 23:113-7. 2001..This study was designed to determine whether the long-term use of fluoride mouthrinse affects the salivary levels of mutans streptococci and lactobacilli...
- [Influence of smoking cigarettes on the development of the child and its health condition]Iwona Pirogowicz
Katedra i Zakład Medycyny Rodzinnej, Akademia Medyczna we Wrocławiu
Przegl Lek 65:427-31. 2008..Research was made with the use of 100 anonymous questionnaires among parents of children from nursery schools in Opole...
- Traumatic dental injuries in nursery schoolchildren from Baghdad, IraqK H Yagot
Department of Pedodontics, Orthodontics and Preventive Dentistry, College of Dentistry, University of Baghdad, Iraq
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:292-3. 1988..The sample consisted of 2389 children aged 1-4 yr enrolled in 39 nursery schools. The prevalence of injuries was 24.4% (24.5% in boys and 24.3% in girls)...
- Parental control over feeding and children's fruit and vegetable intake: how are they related?Jane Wardle
Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 2 16 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, England
J Am Diet Assoc 105:227-32. 2005..To extend the investigation to boys and examine sex differences. To test the hypothesis that children's food neophobia explains this association...
- Sleeping pattern of kindergartners and nursery school children: function of daytime napKazuhiko Fukuda
Department of Educational Psychology, Faculty of Education, Fukushima University, Japan
Percept Mot Skills 94:219-28. 2002..answered by parents this study investigated the sleeping pattern of children attending kindergartens or nursery schools and the function of an afternoon nap...
- Caries prevalence and tooth surface distribution in a group of 5-year-old Italian childrenR Ferro
Dental Unit, Regional Centre for the Study, the prevention and the therapy of dental diseases of Veneto region, Cittadella Hospital, Cittadella PD, Italy
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 10:33-7. 2009This was to investigate caries experience and patterns in a sample of 5-year-old children attending nursery schools in the Veneto Region (Italy).
- Reductions in the energy content of meals served in the Chilean National Nursery School Council Program did not consistently decrease obesity among beneficiariesCamila Corvalan
Nutrition and Health Sciences Program, Graduate School, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Nutr 138:2237-43. 2008In 2001, the Chilean National Nursery Schools Council Program reduced by 10% the energy content (approximately 418.7 kJ) of meals served to children to reduce obesity...
- Demographic, familial and trait predictors of fruit and vegetable consumption by pre-school childrenL J Cooke
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Public Health Nutr 7:295-302. 2004..To examine the contribution to fruit and vegetable eating in children of potential predictive variables within the domains of demographics, parental feeding practices and personality traits...
- Feasibility of the Young Children's Nutrition Assessment on the WebCarine Anna Vereecken
FWO Flanders, Department of Public Health, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, Ghent, Belgium
J Am Diet Assoc 109:1896-902. 2009..A sample of 862 parents from 56 nursery schools completed a paper-and-pencil questionnaire containing sociodemographic variables and a food frequency ..
- Prevalence of dental trauma children aged 1-3 years in Joao Pessoa (Brazil)E M Beltrão
Dept of Paediatric Dentistry, Federal University of Paraiba, Paraiba, Brazil
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 8:141-3. 2007..This was to determine the prevalence and distribution of traumatic injuries to primary anterior teeth in children from 1 to 3 years-old...
- Prolonged incubation period of salmonellosis associated with low bacterial dosesKazuo Abe
Miyagi Prefectural Institute of Public Health and Environment, Miyagino ku, Sendai shi 983 0836, Japan
J Food Prot 67:2735-40. 2004In gastroenteritis outbreaks caused by Salmonella-contaminated lunches at elementary, junior high, and nursery schools. outbreaks with long median incubation periods (i.e...
- Developmental enamel defects and their association with dental caries in preschoolers in Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaNajat Farsi
Department of Preventive Dental Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Oral Health Prev Dent 8:85-92. 2010..The aim of the present study was to examine the prevalence, severity and association of developmental enamel defects (DED) and dental caries in a sample of 4- and 5-year-old children living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia...
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in Passo Fundo, RS, BrazilH R Lisboa
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Passo Fundo, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 31:1553-6. 1998..Primary and nursery schools and a general call through the media (newspapers, radio and television) was the secondary source...
- [Screening by teachers for language and behavior difficulties in 2059 children aged 3,5 years]C Chevrie-Muller
CNRS UMR 8606, Laboratoire d Etudes sur l Acquisition et la Pathologie du Langage, 7, rue Guy Moquet, 94801 Villejuif Cedex
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 53:645-57. 2005..These disorders are risk factors for later poor school achievement and social life. However, presence of real disorders must be differentiated from environmental factors, such as low educational level of the parents or bilingual family...
- [Physical and motor development of children with different social origins]Christiane Scheffler
Institut für Biochemie und Biologie, Abt Humanbiologie, Universitat Potsdam
Anthropol Anz 62:421-8. 2004..In 2001/2002 a longitudinal study started in 17 nursery schools in Berlin. The results of the first investigation on 224 children are demonstrated here...
- Traumatic dental injuries in Brazilian preschool childrenPaulo Floriani Kramer
Pediatric Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, SP, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 19:299-303. 2003..traumatic injuries to primary anterior teeth in children from zero to 6 years old, all attendees in 28 public nursery schools in Canoas (Brazil). A total of 1545 boys and girls participated in the study...
- Dental caries rates in primary teeth in 2002, and caries surveillance trends 1981-2002, in a South African cityP Cleaton-Jones
Dental Research Institute, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Community Dent Health 25:79-83. 2008..To determine trends in the prevalence and severity of dental caries in 2- to 5-year-old children...
- Efficacy of language intervention in the early yearsSilke Fricke
Department of Human Communication Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:280-90. 2013..Oral language skills in the preschool and early school years are critical to educational success and provide the foundations for the later development of reading comprehension...
- [What dimensions do young children's trait concepts have for peers?]Tomoyuki Hayashi
Graduate School of Education, Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Shinrigaku Kenkyu 76:554-9. 2006..The results suggested that young children's trait concepts have a dimension of extroversion, in addition to a general dimension of goodness-badness...
- Development and evaluation of a basic physical and sports activity program for preschool children in nursery schools in iran: an interventional studyRamin Kordi
Sports Medicine Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Pediatr 22:357-63. 2012The objectives of this study were a) to develop a physical activity program for nursery schools, and b) to evaluate the effects of this program on fundamental movement skills of preschool age children in Iran.
- Variability in outcome for children with an ASD diagnosis at age 2Lauren M Turner
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3367, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:793-802. 2007....
- Parental perceptions of residential location: Impacts on children's healthFiona J Andrews
School of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, 3125 Victoria, Australia
Health Place 16:252-8. 2010..The study findings highlight the importance of parental perceptions of residential location in understanding the relationship between children's health and place...
- [The prerequisites for learning reading and writing. Cognitive screening in the nursery schools of the area of Vicenza ULSS 8 in the years 1983-1990 (N.>18,000)]R Vivian
Centro Audio Foniatrico, Amministrazione provinciale di Vicenza
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 13:1-78. 1993..Some final considerations are made concerning the effectiveness of different communication tests in predicting problems related to the learning of reading and writing...
- Childcare support at nursery schools in Japan: current services and future needsChiemi Chiba
Department of Child Welfare, Takasaki University of Health and Welfare
Community Pract 84:25-8. 2011..In 2007, a postal questionnaires was sent to 1200 teachers at 850 nursery schools, with responses from 712 teachers from 456 nursery schools...
- Dental caries prevalence in relation to socioeconomic status of nursery school children in GoiÃ¢nia-GO, BrazilM do C Freire
, Faculdade de Odontologia, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:357-61. 1996..pre-school children (n = 2267) attending public (low SES children) and private (higher SES children) nursery schools. Mean dmft and percent caries-free were 0.09 (96.4%) at 1 year and younger, 0.40 (87.3%) at 2, 1.14 (69...
- Phthalate levels in nursery schools and related factorsWon Kim
Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak ro, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 47:12459-68. 2013..In this study, we evaluated phthalate ester concentrations in dust samples from 64 classrooms located in 50 nursery schools and explored the critical factors affecting phthalate concentrations, especially with regard to building ..
- Effectiveness of different policies in preventing meningococcal disease clusters following a single case in day-care and pre-school settings in EuropeD Boccia
European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
Epidemiol Infect 134:872-7. 2006..8, 95% CI 0.7-22.0), although the difference was not statistically significant (P=0.22). The costs of this approach and the low risk of clustering need to be taken into account when deciding national policy...
- The predictive value of the pediatric symptom checklist in 5-year-old Austrian childrenLeonhard Thun-Hohenstein
Institute for Research and Education in Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry KNIFFF, Salzburg, Austria
Eur J Pediatr 167:323-9. 2008..Thirty nursery schools in the city and province of Salzburg participated in the study and a total of 179 correctly completed ..
- Carriage of Neisseria meningitidis and Neisseria lactamica in northern GreeceJenny Kremastinou
National Meningitis Reference Laboratory, National School of Public Health, 196 Alexandras Ave, Athens, Greece
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 39:23-9. 2003..6%) participants. It was isolated from 71/987 (7.2%) children attending primary or nursery schools; however, the highest proportion of carriers (11.3%) was found in the boarding school for young Albanian men...
- Examining intention to control preschool children's sugar snacking: a study of carers in UgandaA N Astrøm
Centre for International Health, Armauer Hansen Building, University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Int J Paediatr Dent 16:10-8. 2006....
- Comparing specialist early years provision for speech and language impaired children with mainstream nursery provision in the UK - an application of the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS)J Law
Department of Language and Communication Science, City University, and Institute of Education, University of London, London, UK
Child Care Health Dev 30:177-84. 2004....
- [Pediculosis prevalence and associated risk factors in a nursery school, Bogotá, Colombia]Sandra Milena Ríos
Departamento de Salud Publica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia
Biomedica 28:245-51. 2008..Pediculosis is one of the most important chronic infestations in schoolchildren worldwide. Infestations show a high prevalence among the poorest children in developing countries, and it is associated with substandard hygienic practices...
- Preschool child care participation and obesity at the start of kindergartenErin J Maher
Human Services Policy Center, Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 122:322-30. 2008..We examined the association between type of child care, participation in different types of child care in the year before kindergarten and the likelihood of obesity at the start of kindergarten...
- Cost-effectiveness of live-attenuated influenza vaccine, trivalent in preventing influenza in young children attending day-care centresClare L Hibbert
RTI Health Solutions, Williams House, Manchester Science Park, Lloyd Street North, Manchester M15 6SE, United Kingdom
Vaccine 25:8010-20. 2007..2%; placebo, 13.4%), vaccination saved US$ 5.47 per child in societal costs. In the high attack-rate season (vaccinated, 4.7%; placebo, 32.1%), vaccination led to a societal costs savings of US$ 144.44 per child...
- The early years. Preschool programs can boost school readinessWilliam T Gormley
Science 320:1723-4. 2008
- Interrelationship among selected measures of motor skillsM Haga
Department of Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Health Education and Social Work, Sør Trøndelag University College, Trondheim, Norway
Child Care Health Dev 34:245-8. 2008..This study set out to explore the interrelationship among selected measures of motor skills...
- [Ideology or developmental psychology?--Psychoanalytical positions related to the expansion of nursery schools in Germany]Bernhard Strauss
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 58:39-40. 2008
- Significant caries index values and related factors in 5-6-year-old children in Istanbul, TurkeyN Namal
Department of Public Health, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
East Mediterr Health J 15:178-84. 2009..caries (SiC) index values and related factors in Turkish children aged 5-6 years old, children from 5 nursery schools in Istanbul were included in a cross-sectional study...
- Preschool program improves cognitive controlAdele Diamond
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 2A1 BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Science 318:1387-8. 2007
- Outdoor environmental assessment of attention promoting settings for preschool childrenF Mårtensson
Department of Work Science, Business Economics and Environmental Psychology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp, Sweden
Health Place 15:1149-57. 2009....
- [Outbreak of gastroenteritis in a nursery school caused by a strain of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium carrying the hybrid virulence-resistance plasmid pUO-StVR2]Margarita Bances
Laboratorio de Salud Pública, Consejería de Salud y Servicios Sanitarios, Oviedo, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 25:376-81. 2007..Epidemiological and microbiological study of a salmonellosis outbreak, affecting 22 children in a nursery school in Oviedo (Spain)...
- Effectiveness of an at-work exercise program in the prevention and management of neck and low back complaints in nursery school teachersPaolo Pillastrini
Occupational Medicine Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Ind Health 47:349-54. 2009..In conclusion an extension-oriented exercise program may be a useful strategy to prevent low back and neck complaints and to reduce consequent LBP functional disability among nursery school teachers...
- Effectiveness of Teacher-Child Interaction Training (TCIT) in a preschool settingAaron R Lyon
University of Washington, USA
Behav Modif 33:855-84. 2009..Our results suggest that TCIT is a promising approach for enhancing positive teacher-child interactions in a preschool setting and should receive further investigation...
- Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli outbreaks in nursery and primary schoolsYuji Kanazawa
Shizuoka City Institute of Environmental Sciences and Public Health, Shizuoka 422 8072, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 60:326-7. 2007
- Immunization coverage and natural infection rates of vaccine-preventable diseases among children by questionnaire survey in 2005 in JapanKoichi Baba
NPO OSS VPD Control Council in BABA Pediatric Clinic, 43 38, Honmachi, Kadoma City, Osaka 571 0046, Japan
Vaccine 29:3089-92. 2011..rates at a low level for these infectious diseases might be one of the most possible risk factors to the high prevalence of the diseases in nursery schools (daycare centers), kindergartens, and elementary schools all over Japan.
- CV RISK REDUCTION IN MINORITY PRESCHOOL CHILDRENChristine Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPREHENSIVE CLINICAL NUTRITION CURRChristine Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to ensure that nutrition becomes a key part of the entire medical school curriculum and to advance nutrition as a tool for health promotion and disease treatment among house staff, faculty and practicing physicians. ..
- TRIAL OF ACTIVITY FOR ADOLESCENT GIRLS - FIELD CENTERRussell Pate; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will uniquely and markedly expand our knowledge of promotion, determinants, and health benefits of physical activity in middle school girls. ..
- PROMOTION OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN HIGH SCHOOL GIRLSRussell Pate; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed investigation will provide a unique and comprehensive examination of the factors that influence change in physical activity in high school girls. ..
- THE CHILD'S THEORY OF MINDHENRY WELLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS: FRONTAL LOBEAdele Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypotheses will be considered that suggest that memory for space, and/or time, or for relational information in general is dissociable from memory for other information and dependent upon frontal cortex function. ..
- Cognitive Functions Linked to Frontal LobeAdele Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2009..Insights into the conditions under which children can succeed may yield procedures that might prove helpful to those afflicted with disorders affecting these critical functions. ..