Summary: Educational programs designed to inform individuals of recent advances in their particular field of interest. They do not lead to any formal advanced standing.
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- The impact of CMSA's case management adherence guidelines and guidelines training on case manager-reported behavior changeSherry L Aliotta
S A Squared of Tennessee, Inc, Jackson, TN 38305, USA
Prof Case Manag 12:288-95. 2007..This article reports on findings of a follow-up survey that evaluated case manager's use of the tools and strategies discussed in the CMAG...
- Computers as a formal continuing education tool: moving beyond intentionJane Ellery
Fisher Institute for Wellness and Gerontology, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:312-22. 2007To identify factors related to health promotion professionals' decisions to use computer-mediated instruction for continuing education (CMI-CE).
- Effects of workplace policy on continuing professional development: the case of occupational therapy in Nova Scotia, CanadaElizabeth Townsend
School of Occupational Therapy, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
Can J Occup Ther 73:98-108. 2006..Continuing professional development is essential for professionals to remain competent, and for effective recruitment and retention...
- Variables influencing physical therapists' perceptions of continuing educationTricia M Austin
Department of Physical Therapy, Doisy College of Health Sciences, Saint Louis University, 3437 Caroline St, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Phys Ther 87:1023-36. 2007As of October 1, 2002, physical therapy continuing education (CE) in Illinois was mandated. Research examining the recent mandate for physical therapists to engage in CE is limited...
- Online continuing education course enhances nutrition and health professionals' knowledge of food safety issues of high-risk populationsStephanie Wallner
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1571, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1333-8. 2007To develop and evaluate the efficacy of an online continuing education course for professionals who provide food safety information to high-risk populations.
- Direct care workers' recommendations for training and continuing educationHeather L Menne
Margaret Blenkner, Research Institute, Benjamin Rose Institute, 11900 Fairhill Rd, Suite 300, Cleveland, OH 44120, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 28:91-108. 2007..Based on a sample of 644 DCWs across the nursing home, assisted living, and home health settings, we share DCWs' perceptions and recommendations for better training and continuing education.
- Mandatory continuing education in physical therapy: survey of physical therapists in states with and states without a mandateMerrill R Landers
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Human Sciences, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 4505 Maryland Pkwy, Box 453029, Las Vegas, NV 89154 3029, USA
Phys Ther 85:861-71. 2005Although formal continuing education (CE) in physical therapy is one part of professional development, its value for renewing licensure is not shared by all states...
- Knowledge and awareness concerning chemical and biological terrorism: continuing education implicationsMolly A Rose
Community Systems Administration, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson College of Health Professions, Department of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 33:253-8. 2002..A second survey assessing domestic terrorism preparedness of infection control personnel and nurse educators also was conducted...
- American Society of Echocardiography and Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists task force guidelines for training in perioperative echocardiographyMichael K Cahalan
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2304, USA
Anesth Analg 94:1384-8. 2002
- Comprehensive evaluation of an online tobacco control continuing education course in CanadaKirsten E Sears
Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Contin Educ Health Prof 28:235-40. 2008..capacity for planning, implementing, and supporting tobacco control strategies, an evidence-based, online continuing education (CE) course aimed at Canadian public health professionals was developed...
- Effectiveness of continuing education in long-term care: a literature reviewSandra Aylward
Consortium for Practical Research in Care of the Elderly, Mount Hope Center for Long Term Care, St Joseph s Health Care London, Ontario, Canada
Gerontologist 43:259-71. 2003This review of the literature examines the effectiveness of continuing education programs in long-term care facilities.
- Internet continuing education for health care professionals: an integrative reviewSusan Copley Cobb
SCC Associates, Moorestown, New Jersey, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 24:171-80. 2004The objective was to review key articles and research studies on practices, preferences, and evaluation of on-line continuing education used by health care professionals.
- Using implementation intentions to teach practitioners: changing practice behaviors via continuing educationEdward S Casper
Department of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19124 2399, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:747-52. 2008This study evaluated the effectiveness of implementation intentions on increasing the use of a practice behavior among mental health practitioners who attended a one-day continuing education class.
- Continuing education at the cutting edge: promoting transformative knowledge translationCarol L McWilliam
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Contin Educ Health Prof 27:72-9. 2007As the evidence-based practice movement gains momentum, continuing education practitioners increasingly confront the challenge of developing and conducting opportunities for achieving research uptake...
- The theory of planned behavior applied to continuing education for mental health professionalsEdward S Casper
Department of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine, P O Box 45357, Philadelphia, PA 19124 2399, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1324-9. 2007This study evaluated the effects of a continuing education class that applied the theory of planned behavior to the intentions and behavior of mental health practitioners.
- Effects of traditional classroom and distance continuing education: a theory-driven evaluation of a vaccine-preventable diseases courseK E Umble
Department of Adult Education, University of Georgia, Athens, USA
Am J Public Health 90:1218-24. 2000This study evaluated the effects of a major federal immunization continuing education course, delivered in both traditional classroom and satellite broadcast versions, on public health professionals' knowledge, agreement, self-efficacy, ..
- Randomized controlled trial comparing four strategies for delivering e-curriculum to health care professionals [ISRCTN88148532]Kathi J Kemper
Pediatrics and Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, USA
BMC Med Educ 6:2. 2006..The purpose of this study is to compare four strategies for delivering an Internet-based (e-) curriculum on clinicians' knowledge (K), confidence (CONF), and communication (COMM) about herbs and other dietary supplements (HDS)...
- Web-based distance continuing education: a new way of thinking for students and instructorsJ A Garrison
Electronic Resource Services and Strategic Initiatives, Medical Center Library, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Bull Med Libr Assoc 88:211-7. 2000..The results of the beta test and future plans for the course are also discussed...
- Factors associated with the effectiveness of continuing education in long-term carePaul Stolee
Southwestern Ontario Regional Geriatric Program, c o St Joseph s Health Care London, 801 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario N6C 5J1, Canada
Gerontologist 45:399-409. 2005This article examines factors within the long-term-care work environment that impact the effectiveness of continuing education.
- Current issues in continuing education for contemporary behavioral health practiceAllen S Daniels
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 29:359-76. 2002..An overview of continuing education is provided, including typical objectives, format, content, and sponsors...
- Harnessing technology and collaboration for an online ethnogeriatric educational resourceMelen R McBride
Stanford Geriatric Education Center, Center for Education in Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, Stanford University, c o VAPAHSC, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 24:61-75. 2004..The Web-based information resource, called "Diversity, Healing, and Healthcare," currently exists as a resource rather than as a defined learning module and can be accessed at http://www.gasi. org/diversity.htm...
- Improving cultural diversity awareness of physical therapy educatorsRolando T Lazaro
Department of Physical Therapy, Samuel Merritt College, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Cult Divers 14:121-5. 2007..Results of the workshop evaluation affirmed the achievement of objectives and effectiveness of the facilitator. This study provided a solid initial foundation upon which a comprehensive cultural competence program can be developed...
- Practising interprofessional team--work from the first day of class: a model for an interprofessional palliative care courseSusan Cadell
Manulife Centre for Healthy Living, Lyle S Hallman Faculty of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
J Palliat Care 23:273-9. 2007
- When and where you want it: continuing education from a distanceStacy Deck Shade
University of Louisville, Kent School of Social Work, KY 40292, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 24:95-114. 2004Online technology is increasingly being used as a tool for delivery of continuing education to health care professionals. This paper discusses key lessons learned in developing a distance-learning program...
- Critical care education matrix revisitedRenee Holleran
Emergency Department, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Air Med J 23:15-7. 2004
- Demystifying research and evidence-based practice for consumers and carers: development and evaluation of an educational packageMichelle Cleary
Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sydney, Australia
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:131-43. 2008..The findings provide evidence that workshop attendance increases knowledge and encourages participation in future research projects, particularly when participants have confidence in the researcher...
- Woman to Woman: Community Health Information ProjectJeffrey T Huber
Texas Woman s University, 1130 John Freeman Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 91:404-10. 2003..Evaluative findings indicate that academic and community-based organizations can collaborate effectively to increase women's access to electronic health information...
- Developing a diabetes review course for rural health professionals using videoconferencingDonna West
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, 4301 West Markham, Slot 522, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Diabetes Educ 30:210-2, 214-6, 219-21. 2004
- Driving and dementia in older adults: Implementation and evaluation of a continuing education projectThomas M Meuser
Director of Education, Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, Washington University School of Medicine, 4488 Forest Park Avenue, Suite 130, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Gerontologist 46:680-7. 2006....
- Pediatric continuing education for EMTs: recommendations for content, method, and frequency. The National Council of State Emergency Medical Services Training CoordinatorsDon Wood
The National Council of State Emergency Medical Services Training Coordinators, Inc, Falls Church, VA 22046 4527, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:269-72. 2004
- PREVENT: a program of the National Training Initiative on Injury and Violence PreventionCarol W Runyan
National Training Initiative on Injury and Violence Prevention, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7505, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:252-8. 2005..The project employs formative, process, and impact evaluation techniques aimed at improving delivery of the training as well as tracking changes in individual and organizations...
- Developing formal training opportunities for clinical pathology residents at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and commercial diagnostic laboratoriesA Eric Schultze
Department of Pathology, Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, IN, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 35:272-5. 2006
- An evaluative case study of online learning for healthcare professionalsDarren L Pullen
University of Tasmania, Faculty of Education, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
J Contin Educ Nurs 37:225-32. 2006..This evaluation study assessed the pedagogical and instructional design (e-pedagogy) effectiveness of online continuing professional education (CPE) courses offered by a large Australian CPE provider...
- The impact of evidence on teaching healthcare managementJohn R Griffith
Department of Healthcare Management and Policy, The University of Michigan School of Public Health, 109 S Observatory, M3202, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Health Adm Educ 20:225-34. 2003..3. Learning will be flexible as to site, medium, and timing. 4. Managers' learning programs will emphasize recurring evaluation, celebration, and goal-setting...
- Effectiveness of an adult-learning, self-directed model compared with traditional lecture-based teaching methods in out-of-hospital trainingRobert A De Lorenzo
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 6200, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:33-7. 2004..Until recently, the U.S. Army Combat Medic School used a traditional teaching model with heavy emphasis on large group lectures. Skills were taught separately with minimal links to didactics...
- Low attendance by basic science educators at medical education meetingsBill Weaver
Office of Curriculum Development and Management, University of Alabama School of Medicine Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:306-11. 2004..Recently, concern has been expressed about the perception that few basic science educators (BSE) attend national and regional medical education meetings...
- Improving the clinical instruction of student technologistsAnn M Steves
Nuclear Medicine Technology Program, School of Health Related Professions, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 1212, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 33:205-9. 2005....
- Curriculum resources for training direct care providers in public sector mental healthThomas H Styron
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 32:633-49. 2005..These include two relevant competency sets and six portable training curricula, as well as information on how to access these resources...
- Web-based training for EMT continuing educationJohn M Jerin
Public Health Seattle and King County, Emergency Medical Services Division, Washington 98104, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 9:333-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether web-based continuing education (CE) could be developed at a low cost and provide a high level of satisfaction and acceptance among EMTs.
- The initiative for pediatric palliative care: an interdisciplinary educational approach for healthcare professionalsDavid M Browning
Education Development Center, Inc, Newton, MA 02458, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:326-34. 2005..The pedagogy combines principles of adult education, includes families as teachers, and integrates affective and cognitive dimensions to enhance learning...
- Web based provider education for competency of scope of practice (Best Practice): Medicine Department Safe training is a computer based review program (de' medri)Hossein Tabriziani
The Permanente Medical Group Inc, Fresno, California, USA
J Med Syst 29:605-10. 2005....
- Using personality type to improve clinical education effectivenessJan M Winn
Department of Radiologic Technology, College of Allied Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 33:210-3. 2005..The purpose of this article is to examine how personality type can be used to improve clinical education effectiveness...
- Legal and regulatory education and training needs in the healthcare industrySteve W Henson
Department of Marketing and Business Law, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC 28723, USA
JONAS Healthc Law Ethics Regul 7:114-8. 2005..Findings suggest that the levels of knowledge required to manage legal and regulatory issues are much greater than the existing levels of knowledge...
- Join the PEPP rally: program combines experience and education to help empower the communityLori Hartwell
Renal Support Network, Glendale, Calif, USA
Nephrol News Issues 22:46. 2008
- Effectiveness of a mind-body skills training program for healthcare professionalsJulie K Staples
Center for Mind Body Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 11:36-41. 2005..Because of the increased use and benefits of mind-body therapies, it is important that healthcare professionals receive training in these modalities...
- Social workers' educational needs in end-of-life careEllen L Csikai
The University of Alabama, School of Social Work, Box 870314, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 0314, USA
Soc Work Health Care 41:53-72. 2005..Results of these data can be used to develop model end-of-life care curricula for continuing education programs and to identify content for possible inclusion in social work programs.
- Caring: an approach that transcends cultureRoberta Rexroth
Hernando County Hospice, USA
Caring 21:42-7; quiz 48-9. 2002..All health care providers, and particularly nurses and nurse practitioners who are on the front lines of patient care, must be skilled in providing culturally appropriate and competent care...
- Supporting disaster healthcare professionals: a practical and virtual approachKevin Davies
School of Care Sciences, University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, South Wales CF37 1DL, UK
Nurse Educ Today 27:122-30. 2007....
- Building capacity to provide palliative care in rural and remote communities: does education make a difference?Mary Lou Kelley
Northern Educational Centre for Aging and Health, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
J Palliat Care 20:308-15. 2004..Nevertheless, respondents identified a lack of resources, especially home care visits, as an obstacle to improving care...
- Market survey investigating the feasibility of an advanced training program for veterinary techniciansArmelle M de Laforcade
Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:366-9. 2005
- Successful implementation of genetic Education for Native Americans workshops at national conferencesMark B Dignan
University of Kentucky Prevention Research Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40504 3381, USA
Genetics 169:517-21. 2005..This article describes the evaluation findings from our implementation of both formats of the GENA curriculum...
- Water and bioterrorism: preparing for the potential threat to U.S. water supplies and public healthPatricia L Meinhardt
Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, New York 14905, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 26:213-37. 2005....
- Developing a training program on issues in aging for correctional workersPatricia K Cianciolo
Sociology Social Work Department, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle, Marquette, MI 49855, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 24:23-38. 2004..While continuing education programs to address the needs of workers in community-based and long-term care settings have grown rapidly, ..
- Three model curricula for teaching clinicians to use the ICFGeoffrey M Reed
International Union of Psychological Science, Madrid, Spain
Disabil Rehabil 30:927-41. 2008..Three systematic programmes to train health professionals to use the World Health Organization's International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF) are described, along with efforts to evaluate their effectiveness...
- Public health training online: the National Center for Suicide Prevention TrainingDeborah M Stone
Harvard Injury Control Research Center, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:247-51. 2005..Suicide is a serious public health problem, and training in suicide prevention has not kept pace with recent rapid growth of the field...
- Respiratory therapists' attitudes toward recredentialingLinda I Van Scoder
Clarian Health and Affiliated Universities, 1701 N Senate Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Allied Health 32:27-31. 2003..as recertification, is the process whereby people maintain their professional credentials by retesting or continuing education. The National Board for Respiratory Care has proposed mandatory recredentialing policies for respiratory ..
- Images of loneliness: using art as an educational method in professional trainingLisbeth Blomqvist
The Central Union for the Welfare of the Aged, Helsinki, Finland
J Contin Educ Nurs 38:89-93. 2007..An educational program using art was created to prepare healthcare professionals to work with older adults by deepening their knowledge of loneliness and promoting self-reflection...
- Teaching and learning by example: empowerment principles applied to development, delivery, and evaluation of community-based training for HIV service providers and supervisorsCynthia Cannon Poindexter
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Services, New York, NY 10023 7479, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:391-400. 2002..a participatory method of developing, implementing, and evaluating a learner-driven community-based continuing education effort for HIV workers and supervisors...
- Meeting the challenge of continuing education with eLearningDavid R Levesque
Radiol Manage 24:40-3. 2002..eLearning facilitates learning at anytime and anywhere. It reduces the obstacles of time and distance, providing greater equality of opportunity...
- An education initiative to increase staff knowledge of Institutional Review Board guidelines in the USAAnne Marie Kotzer
The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Nurs Health Sci 9:103-6. 2007..The findings emphasize the need to continue to explore creative approaches to education regarding IRB policies and procedures...
- Medical informatics: the Pittsburgh experienceCatherine Arnott Smith
Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, 80 not readable see text Forbes Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Med Ref Serv Q 21:97-105. 2002..This small study was undertaken in order to identify issues in training different kinds of library and information science practitioners in medical informatics...
- Rural Alabama Health Professional Training Consortium: six-year evaluation resultsJ Leeper
Department of Community and Rural Medicine, University of Alabama School of Medicine-Tuscaloosa Program, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Fam Community Health 24:18-26. 2001..Over 80% of the students will consider working in a rural area on graduation, except for dentists...
- Development of a core competency program for patient educatorsMary Ann Djonne
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 23:155-61; quiz 162-3. 2007..This model can be applied and tailored to specific disciplines to improve the knowledge, understanding, and application of patient education theory, principles, and practice...
- The need for a community diabetes education curriculum for healthcare professionalsBrian K Irons
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 38:227-31. 2007..Fifty-five of those participants stated a strong interest in pursuing certified diabetes educator certification, which may significantly increase the number of certified diabetes educators in both rural and urban areas of West Texas...
- Implementation and evaluation of a Web-based continuing education course in injury prevention and controlJay M Bernhardt
Rollins School of Public Health, Health Communication Technology Laboratory, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:120-8. 2003..Internet-based distance learning is an innovative method of offering continuing education to professionals, but this approach has not yet been widely researched or implemented with public health ..
- Workforce needs for clinical specialists at colleges and schools of veterinary medicine in North AmericaJohn A E Hubbell
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 229:1580-3. 2006
- Postgraduate training programs in veterinary clinical pathology in the United States and Canada (1998 to 2002)Mary M Christopher
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 32:121-35. 2003..Information about training opportunities is useful for assessing disciplinary needs, outcomes, and changes, garnering program support, and providing objective data for program evaluation by faculty, trainees, and prospective applicants...
- Effect of a focused and directed continuing education program on prehospital skill maintenance in key resuscitation areasRobert A De Lorenzo
Department of Emergency Medicine, Army Medical Department Center and School, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
J Emerg Med 33:293-7. 2007..v.) line insertion and fluid resuscitation. Continuing education, although encouraged, was not required...
- Learning throughout life: can a progress file help?E S Davenport
Department of Oral Growth and Development, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London
Br Dent J 195:101-5. 2003..Modern dentistry demands continuous professional development. This paper reports part of a project to develop a lifelong learning tool known as a progress file for members of the dental team...
- Grooming future execs. War of words erupts over whose job it isVince Galloro
Mod Healthc 32:6-7, 12-3, 1. 2002..Backed by industry icons, including Gail Warden and Gary Mecklenburg, the NCHL says its brand of educational programming is needed. What's needed, critics say, is more collaboration among existing organizations...
- Creating a virtual university. Technology helps facilitate the presentation of a diversified curriculum to a broad range of students at multiple locationsLouis DeGeorge
Provider 28:37-41. 2002
- Sustainable practice improvements: impact of the Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Care Education (CAPCE) programDiane Harris
Diane Harris and Associates, Learning and Performance Consultants, Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
J Palliat Care 23:262-72. 2007..These findings highlight the importance of multimodal learning strategies and supportive work environments in the development of PCRs to enhance palliative care practice...
- Planning and implementing an interdisciplinary diabetes workshop for healthcare professionalsGloria M Valdez
Nursing Faculty, Covenant School of Nursing, Lubbock, Texas, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 38:232-7. 2007..The lessons learned during this project are provided for consideration by others seeking to address common concerns and challenges in other areas of clinical practice...
- Removing our loupes: encouraging surgeons to develop a broader perspective for the futureC Suzanne Cutter
New York Hospital, Queens, New York, USA
Bull Am Coll Surg 92:11-3. 2007
- Hall of fame skills. Maintaining essential competencies throughout your careerChristopher Suprun
JEMS 32:54-9. 2007
- Strengthening the public health systemW L Roper
Centers for Disease Control, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, GA 30333
Public Health Rep 107:609-15. 1992..First, the knowledge base of public health workers needs to be supplemented through on-the-job training and continuing education programs...
- Allergic diseases are an important problem nowadays - suggestions for resolvingJasna Lipozencic
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 19:141-2. 2011
- [Stress at work among military doctors: a preliminary study]Bojana Knezevic
Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb
Acta Med Croatica 60:309-14. 2006..This preliminary study examined the sources of work stress in military physicians...
- Evaluation of a continuing education intervention "Periodontics in General Practice"L F Brown
School of Dental Science, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 22:441-7. 1994..b>Continuing education (CE) is an avenue that is frequently employed as a strategy to alter the style of practice...
- The changing nature of nursing work in rural and small community hospitalsAmy Montour
Nursing Health Services Research Unit, McMaster University Site, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Rural Remote Health 9:1089. 2009..The purpose was to describe the nature of nursing work from the perspective of rural nurse executives and frontline nurses. The study was conducted in 7 small rural and community hospitals in the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant LHIN...
- Health promotion and education activities of community pharmacists in KuwaitAbdelmoneim Awad
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat, 13110, Kuwait
Pharm World Sci 32:146-53. 2010..promotion and education activities, explore the barriers that may limit their involvement in health promotion and education, and identify their willingness to participate in continuing education programs related to health education.
- Methodologies used in surveillance of surgical wound infections and bacteremia in Australian hospitalsC L Murphy
AIDS Infectious Disease Unit, New South Wales Health Department, North Sydney, Australia
Am J Infect Control 27:474-81. 1999..Only 1.9% (6 of 308) of ICPs reported completion of continuing education relating to hospital epidemiology...
- Perceptions of the human-animal bond in veterinary education of veterinarians in Washington State: structured versus experiential learningFrancois Martin
Center for the Study of Animal Well Being and Head of People, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, PO Box 647010, Pullman, WA 99164 7010 USA
J Vet Med Educ 32:523-30. 2005The purpose of this research was to describe Washington private practitioners' beliefs about how the Human-Animal Bond (HAB) should be addressed in DVM curricula and continuing education.
- [Factors associated with job satisfaction in home care nurses]Mei Hui Chen
Department of Community Health Nursing, Taipei Medical University Shuang Ho Hospital, and Institute of Clinical and Community Health Nursing, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 57:39-48. 2010..Although there have been articles written in the literature on nurse job satisfaction, a national study addressing the job satisfaction of home care nurses in Taiwan has never been performed before...
- [Alzheimer's disease and pharmacists in contact with the public]C Dreux
Académies nationales de médecine et de pharmacie
Ann Pharm Fr 67:104-15. 2009..by specialists from the School of Pharmacy and other organizations duly approved by the High Committee for Continuing Education in Pharmacy...
- The nine-year sustained cost-containment impact of swiss pilot physicians-pharmacists quality circlesAnne Niquille
Universities of Geneva and Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Pharmacother 44:650-7. 2010..PPQCs are based on a multifaceted collaborative process mediated by community pharmacists for improving compliance with clinical guidelines within GPs' prescribing practices...
- Training physicians about smoking cessation: a controlled trial in private practiceS R Cummings
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0320
J Gen Intern Med 4:482-9. 1989STUDY OBJECTIVE: To test the hypotheses that physicians in private practice who receive a continuing education program (entitled "Quit for Life") about how to counsel smokers to quit would counsel smokers more effectively and have higher ..
- Teaching the teacher program to assist nurse managers to educate nursing staff in Ecuadorian hospitalsSheri P Palmer
Brigham Young University, College of Nursing, Box 500, SWKT Provo, UT 84062, USA
Nurse Educ Pract 9:127-33. 2009b>Continuing education for hospital staff nurses is a concern worldwide. Current research shows that continuing education among nurses can positively affect patient outcomes (O'Brien, T., Freemantle, N., Oxman, A, et al., 2002...
- Dentists' perceptions of providing care in long-term care facilitiesNita Chowdhry
Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 77:b21. 2011....
- Personal characteristics and experiences of long-term allied health professionals in rural and northern British ColumbiaCandice M Manahan
University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Rural Remote Health 9:1238. 2009..The primary objective of this project was to identify the personal characteristics and experiences of allied health professionals who have worked long term in northern British Columbia (BC), Canada...
- Women's health topics in dental hygiene curriculaJoan C Gibson-Howell
Division of Dental Hygiene, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, USA
J Dent Hyg 84:35-42. 2010..The surveys also identified sources used to obtain women's health topics, assessed faculty continuing education participation in women's health, determined satisfaction with current curricula, questioned if change was ..
- Educational needs assessment for pediatric health care providers on pesticide toxicityJohn M Balbus
Environmental Defense, Washington, DC 20009, USA
J Agromedicine 11:27-38. 2006..C., area and the surrounding rural counties regarding health effects of pesticide toxicity and continuing education on pesticide toxicity in the years 2001-2002.
- The working practices and career satisfaction of dental therapists in New ZealandK M S Ayers
Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Otago, New Zealand
Community Dent Health 24:257-63. 2007..To describe the working practices and level of career satisfaction of dental therapists in New Zealand...
- [Doctors and medical practice in France: 1967-1977-2007]Bui Dang Ha Dean
Centre de Sociologie et de Démographie Médicales
Cah Sociol Demogr Med 48:459-567. 2008..of work, their weekly working time, the time they devote to medical readings, the means they utilize for continuing education. In 2007, out of 100 active physicians, 60 are in private practice, 19 work in university hospitals, 23 in ..
- Preparing for burn disasters: predictors of improved perceptions of competency after mass burn care trainingRuth Wetta-Hall
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, Kansas 67214, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 22:448-53. 2007..b>Continuing education is the most frequently utilized method of updating knowledge, skills, and competence among healthcare ..
- Refresher training and continuing education for para-medical ophthalmic assistantsB R Shamanna
International Centre for Advancement of Rural Eye Care, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad BRS, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 47:49-52. 1999This paper describes a refresher training and continuing education programme in clinical and community ophthalmology for para-medical ophthalmic assistants (PMOAs) conducted by the Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology...
- Educational technology integration and distance learning in respiratory care: practices and attitudesKeith B Hopper
Information Design and Communication Program, Southern Polytechnic State University, 1100 S Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Respir Care 52:1510-24. 2007..used extensively in respiratory care, and Internet-based distance learning is now used in the training of respiratory therapists (RTs), clinical continuing education, and in baccalaureate degree and higher programs for RTs and educators.
- Challenges faced in providing safe care in rural perinatal settingsAngela M Jukkala
University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 34:365-71. 2009..examine and describe neonatal resuscitation preparedness, presence of connections to wider systems of care, continuing education activities, presence of trained staff, and other indicators of high performance in rural perinatal ..
- Evaluating of veterinarians' and veterinary students' knowledge and clinical use of pulse oximetryErik H Hoffmeister
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 30602, USA
J Vet Med Educ 32:272-7. 2005..We hypothesized that veterinarians and veterinary students may lack key knowledge about pulse oximetry, which may result in this type of patient monitor not being used on appropriate patient populations or to its full capabilities...
- Formal and informal continuing education activities and athletic training professional practiceKirk J Armstrong
Department of Kinesiology, Georgia College and State University, Campus Box 112, Milledgeville, GA 31061, USA
J Athl Train 45:279-86. 2010b>Continuing education (CE) is intended to promote professional growth and, ultimately, to enhance professional practice.
- [Continuing medical education in andrology : Continuing education between wish and reality]S Kliesch
Chefärztin der Klinischen Andrologie, Centrum für Reproduktionsmedizin und Andrologie, WHO Kollaborationszentrum, EAA Ausbildungszentrum, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Domagkstr 11, 48149, Munster, Deutschland
Urologe A 49:930-3. 2010..The qualifying andrological postgraduate training is a duty and at the same time a chance for the urological community to professionally cover this field of subspecialisation in the future...
- Regulation of IFN-beta induction by P2X7 purinergic receptor signalingJUDITH ANNE SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2011..There are ample forums for intellectual exchange as well as continuing education in the clinical and basic sciences...
- Phenotypes of diabetic kidney disease and the relationship to retinal pathologyAmy Mottl; Fiscal Year: 2013..support services;consultation in areas such as developing proposals, executing projects, biostatistics;and continuing education. Research...
- Wound EMR to Decrease Limb Amputations in Persons with DiabetesHarold Brem; Fiscal Year: 2010..specialists and diabetes advocates - will facilitate the translation and dissemination of revised DFU treatment guidelines resulting from this project through their web sites, publications, continuing education programs and conferences.
- 7th National Headache Foundation Research SummitRima Dafer; Fiscal Year: 2009..headache disorders, research into the field of headache medicine as well as undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education on headache remain inadequate...
- Best Practices in Mental Health Research Ethics Conference SeriesJames M DuBois; Fiscal Year: 2010..secondary objective): Educate mental health researchers via public conference sessions that provide continuing education credit...
- Enhancing Clergy Suicide Prevention and ReferralRICHARD CHARLES GOLDSWORTHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..As such, the resulting products should be well-received by faith leaders and their organizations as well as institutions which provide pre-professional and continuing education to them.
- Portion control lifestyle change to decrease obesity in persons with disabilitiesMary E Segal; Fiscal Year: 2012..more control is possible in this setting, in which agency staff can be provided guidelines as part of their continuing education, than in family or independent living situations of persons with disabilities...
- Evidence-based Guidelines Affecting Policy, Practice and Stakeholders (E-GAPPS)Peter C Wyer; Fiscal Year: 2012..patients, enhancing engagement of press and media, incorporating guideline awareness into undergraduate and continuing education, adapting and implementing guidelines, collaboration between guideline developers, and utilizing ..
- GRADUATE INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE PROGRAM TRAINING GRANT, UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONAJefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013..summer work experiences;to complete a regional needs assessment for OSH professionals and for needed OSH continuing education topics;and to conduct a survey of graduates over the past ten years to determine ways in which the IH ..
- Molecular &Environmental Toxicology Pre-&Postdoctoral Training ProgramChristopher A Bradfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..Advisory Committee (two faculty mentors in addition to a trainer) that will recommend selected didactic continuing education courses, collaborations and professional development credits...
- Rutgers University Cell and DNA Repository RenovationJAY ARNOLD TISCHFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..in Annex I to accommodate greater numbers of storage tanks and (3) expansion of the existing conference/continuing education room to accommodate daily task-oriented meetings of existing employees and new hires whose jobs will be ..
- Emerging Safety and Quality Issues in the Care of Hospitalized ChildrenNORA ESTEBAN-CRUVIANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..objective is to offer strategic educational activities within a regional interdisciplinary platform for continuing education and rapid dissemination of evidence-based knowledge...
- Workplace Violence Training for NursesLISA A contact MCELANEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Continuing education credits will be awarded to program graduates...
- CyberTherapy 2009 - 2013Brenda K Wiederhold; Fiscal Year: 2013..Psychologists can earn American Psychological Association continuing education credits...
- Using Computer Simulation to Enhance Retention of Motivational Interviewing SkillDALE EDWARD OLSEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..American graduate medical education approved residency programs, US-based health care systems, and CE (continuing education) programs in the US...
- MBSR for fibromyalgia: A dose-finding studyAther Ali; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training in the Responsible Conduct of Research will continue through mentorship and continuing education by the Yale Human Research Protection Program...
- Building, Implementing and Evaluating Cancer Supportive Care ProgramsMATTHEW JOSEPH LOSCALZO; Fiscal Year: 2013..and business administrators will be competitively selected to participate in a unique ongoing program of continuing education that has been shown to be effective in actually changing professional practice...
- The HSPH Education and Research Center of Occupational Safety and HealthDavid C Christiani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The programs in Continuing Education and Outreach are dynamic and creative efforts at serving the occupational safety and health needs of New ..
- Primary Care and Prevention ConferenceGEORGE S RUST; Fiscal Year: 2011..by clinicians, researchers and other healthcare/ professionals for the last eight years, provides a continuing education opportunity for translating research into practice (best science to best-practice) for our national ..
- Safety and Health Management of Hazards Associated with Emerging Technologies.Robert F Herrick; Fiscal Year: 2013..The application includes a graduate level Master of Science degree program, and professional continuing education and distance learning programs...
- North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research CenterBONNIE M ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also offer an extensive Continuing Education (CE) program and Hazardous Substance Training program...
- Palliative Care Provider Online Education in Evidence-Based Complementary TherapiLeila Kozak; Fiscal Year: 2011..This project will develop the first online continuing education program for palliative care personnel in the evidence-based application of complementary therapies in the ..
- Noninvasive measurement of oncogenic signaling pathways with 89Zr-transferrinMICHAEL JOHN EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2013..me, including the resources to conduct laboratory research, opportunities to foster career development and continuing education, and an open scientific environment to foster the interaction required for me to achieve my goals...
- School -based Suicide Prevention: Building Skills, Resources and CapacityELAINE M WALSH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study responds to recommendations for systematic training in suicide prevention interventions through continuing education opportunities;addresses Healthy Youth 2010 objectives to reduce suicide rates and suicide attempts, and to ..
- ACOSOG Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) Research BaseJEFF SLOAN SLOAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will cooperate with our affiliated CCOPs and other members in conducting appropriate continuing education and workshops...
- Better Together: Academic-Community Partnerships to Improve HealthMelanie Stone; Fiscal Year: 2011..including addressing the needs of health disparity populations, into health science center curricula and continuing education activities of health professionals;and bolster ongoing dialogue and linkages with community organizations ..
- Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice ProgramsBetty R Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional reinforcement and dissemination methods and extensive evaluation will provide a basis for the continuing education of these DNP educators beyond the project period, and intensive follow-up with DNP graduates will be ..
- Web Based Therapist Training on Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Anxiety DisordersKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2010..be integrated into an applied academic practicum, as well as utilized by clinicians in the field through continuing education. The final didactic tutorial will contain a core module on the elements of CBT common to all anxiety ..
- Cancer Survivorship Research SymposiumSteven R Patierno; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Symposium will be advertised at a national level and open to anyone interested. We will offer continuing education credit for social workers, nurses, and physicians which will likely increase attendance...
- Dissemination of Patient Centered Outcomes Research to a National Audience of DiaRuth D Lipman; Fiscal Year: 2013..AADE will provide both web-based and live continuing education to DE's on PCOR/CER...
- New Approaches to Occupational Behavioral Health: Implementing Firefighter LifeRichard Gist; Fiscal Year: 2013..These include downloadable continuing education modules for agency-level implementation of After Acton Review and Curbside Manner components;web access to ..
- Mother's Education After Childbearing and Family Well-beingJennifer March Augustine; Fiscal Year: 2013..marital history) of mothers who return to school and the extent to which different patterns of continuing education (e.g., completed degrees) vary by mothers'characteristics...
- COPD8USA: A Multi-Disciplinary Clinical and Scientific ConferenceDavid Mannino; Fiscal Year: 2013..The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education (UNMC-CCE) will serve as the accredited provider for COPD8USA...
- Southeast Cancer Control Consortium, IncJAMES NORMAN ATKINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..monitoring;RB protocol semimonthly mailings;conduction of component on-site visits;data management training/continuing education programs;preparation of grant applications and reports;and coordination of RB audits...
- Developing the OSP at Muhimbili: A North-South Training CollaborativeRICHARD DENNIS WADDELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..be employed including (a) short residency training at DC for MUHAS staff in the new OSP, (b) short-term "continuing education" programs in Dar for these individuals (and others) after they return to Tanzania, (c) local training for ..
- Pushing the Boundaries: Frontiers of HRQOL ResearchKaren H Sousa; Fiscal Year: 2011..aims of the ISOQOL conference are to: 1) introduce the science of HRQOL to new investigators;2) provide continuing education to experienced investigators;3) discuss advances in measurement, statistical methods, and clinical ..
- Accuracy in the Diagnosis of Melanoma &the Impact of Double ReadingJoann G Elmore; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. population. Techniques that may reduce errors, such as double reading and continuing education, will also be evaluated...
- BIOLOGICAL BASES OF ALCOHOLISMTamara J Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2013..are expected to complete an initial intensive course in the Responsible Conduct of Research, as well as continuing education in this area. Ample opportunities exist for our trainees to be involved in public education and outreach...
- The International Congress for Educators in Complementary and Integrative MedicinAviad Haramati; Fiscal Year: 2012..medicine into the continuum of life-long learning, from undergraduate education to postgraduate and continuing education (including dual-degree programs);2...
- Web Based Therapist Training on Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Anxiety DisordersKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2013..be integrated into an applied academic practicum, as well as utilized by clinicians in the field through continuing education. The long term goal of this project is to increase the number of available mental health professionals ..
- Improving Quality of Life and Quality of Care for Oncology Family CaregiversBetty R Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional dissemination methods and an extensive evaluation will provide a basis for the continuing education of health care professionals beyond the project period. Specific Aims include: 1...
- Toxicology Education SummitAaron Barchowsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..toxicological content in curricula from undergraduate through graduate education, as well as professional continuing education and retraining;2) present the state of current cutting-edge advances in toxicology education, such as those ..
- MAP-PC: An Addiction Medicine Training Course for Primary Care Pain TreatmentEMIL J CHIAUZZI; Fiscal Year: 2011..and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) for opioids by the FDA will likely require further development of continuing education programs for physicians...
- Rehabilitative and Regenerative Medicine for Minority Health &Health DisparitiesGerald Schatten; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This new application seeks NICHD Continuing Education Training Program (T15) sponsorship for an innovative advanced program entitled 'Rehabilitative and Regenerative Medicine for Minority Health ..
- APPLICATION OF MULTIVARIATE AND BINOMIAL PROBABILITY STATISTICS IN A RISK-BASED ATIMOTHY JOHN HERRMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..level distance courses offered as part of a Regulatory Science in Food Systems graduate certificate and continuing education models and a web-based management information system for tracking recalled product in the Caribbean Basin ..
- Southern California Education and Research CenterNiklas Krause; Fiscal Year: 2013..Other proposed programs are a Continuing Education, Outreach, Center Administration, a Hazardous Substances Academic Training Program (HSAT), a Pilot/Small ..
- Survivorship Education for Quality Cancer CareMarcia Grant; Fiscal Year: 2009..Additional dissemination methods and an extensive evaluation will provide a basis for the continuing education of health care professionals beyond the project period...
- PATINA: Pain Management Training in Native American CommunitiesSusan A Stoner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Primary customers will be rural healthcare providers and those treating AI/AN patients. Continuing education units will be awarded for completing the training...
- Occupational Health Education and Research CenterJacqueline Agnew; Fiscal Year: 2013..PhD) and residency training in Occupational Medicine (2 yrs.). Continuing Education and Outreach components bring the strengths of the core programs to practicing occupational health and ..
- Midwest Emerging Technologies Public Health and Safety Training ProgramPeter C Raynor; Fiscal Year: 2013..in other health, science, engineering, and technology disciplines;specialists who require focused continuing education on the health and safety of specific emerging technologies;and secondary and post-secondary students who ..
- Developmental Disabilities Dentistry OnlineRichard K Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Continuing education units will be offered...
- Institute of Translational Health SciencesMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2013..training programs (pre-doctoral and post-doctoral programs) and lifelong learning programs (flexible continuing education for researchers at any stage of their career)...
- Institute of Translational Health SciencesMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2013..training programs (pre-doctoral and post-doctoral programs) and lifelong learning programs (flexible continuing education for researchers at any stage of their career)...
- Institute of Translational Health SciencesMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2013..training programs (pre-doctoral and post-doctoral programs) and lifelong learning programs (flexible continuing education for researchers at any stage of their career)...
- Neurobehavioral Teratology Society: Zebrafish SymposiumEdward D Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010..34th) is held for all in the field to communicate their latest research findings to their colleagues for continuing education and critical evaluation and to provide a forum for discussion of the current progress and directions for ..
- Training for Providers of an Evidence-Based AD Family Caregiver InterventionMary Sherman Mittelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Certification and continuing education credits will be part of the product...
- Global Discovery and Validation of Functional Regulatory ElementsAlan P Boyle; Fiscal Year: 2013..As part of this program, the candidate will combine a mentoring committee with continuing education via available online courses...
- 8th Congress of Toxicology in Developing Countries (CTDC8)Elaine M Faustman; Fiscal Year: 2012..the latest developments in toxicological science and regulation through general scientific sessions and continuing education classes...
- Depression Subtypes: Cognition, Emotion, NeurophysiologyScott A Langenecker; Fiscal Year: 2012..D., has proposed to carry out this research in the context of continuing education activities directed towards developing expertise in statistical models, functional MRI physics, and ..
- Workplace Violence Training for NursesLISA MCELANEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pre- and post-tests for each training module will help track learning. Continuing education credits will be awarded to program graduates...
- Occupational Safety and Health Training Project GrantJesus Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Other program's goals are to serve as local resource for information dissemination, continuing education and consultation services;and to conduct applied and basic research in the field to contribute to the ..
- Building the capacity of Department of Public Health (DPH)'s Food Service ProgrCAMERON WIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..building the inspection and investigation capacity of local Environmental Health Specialists (EHS) through continuing education, standardization, food-borne outbreak investigation training, and equipment purchases...
- VARIABLES AFFECTING OSTOMY PATIENT OUTCOMEDebra Jackson; Fiscal Year: 1991..The primary teacher of ostomy patients is an Enterostomal Therapy (ET) nurse who has additional continuing education in the area of stoma care...
- Childhood After Preterm Birth: The Preschool YearsLISA MCELANEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..A web-based component will include a test unit offering continuing education credits...
- WEST VIRGINIA RURAL MANAGED CARE DEMONSTRATION CENTERHilda Heady; Fiscal Year: 1999..cost, service use, and outcomes, b) development of physician/ practitioner study groups for the purpose of continuing education in managed care issues that directly relate to the role of the primary care practitioner, c) utilization of ..
- Improving Cancer Outcomes for African-AmericansPatrick Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2007..1) Developing a collaborative partnership with an experienced academic institution that can provide continuing education, consultation, and training in the areas of radiation oncology treatment and research; 2) Identifying and ..
- Online Training for Methadone Maintenance Treatment ProvidersHILARY LIBERTY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) continuing education credits (which are required for continued certification as a counselor) will be offered where applicable...
- Health & Aging: Understanding Alcohol Use (NIAAA)CATHERINE BRUSS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The course will offer continuing education credits, and provide the tools noted below for community outreach and service learning opportunities...
- INCLEN 2000: WORKSHOPS FOR IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF CAREDavid Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Continuing education sessions are an opportunity for participants to explore new ideas; obtain hands-on experience in the use of ..
- RESEARCH AND TRAINING CENTER IN HEARING AND BALANCEEric Young; Fiscal Year: 1999..renewal support of an integrated center for research, research training, information dissemination, and continuing education related to disorders of hearing and balance...
- COMMUNICATION DISORDERS IN AT-RISK CHILDRENFRED BESS; Fiscal Year: 1992..training to individuals of varied disciplines on issues pertaining to at- risk children; 3) provide continuing education to professional groups on at-risk children; and 4) develop a dissemination program for healthcare ..
- Clinical Supervision Training Program (CSTP)RICHARD OFFNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC) and obtain addiction counselor continuing education units;increase learning, skills acquisition, and adoption of new knowledge regarding clinical supervision ..
- GENETICS IN NURSING LITERATURE AND CONTINUING EDUCATIONGWENIEVERE ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) Conduct an invitational conference for nursing journal editors and leaders in continuing education to teach them state of the science knowledge so that they can develop a strategic agenda, set priorities, ..
- TUBERCULOSISLee Reichman; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Continuing education programs will be developed at every level utilizing these modalities...
- WEB-BASED DEMENTIA CARE TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONALSPENELOPE LANTZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..A certificate of completion will be provided, and continuing education units will be accredited by the Alzheimer's Association (National)...
- Multimedia Tool for Psychology Graduate Student ASD Assessment TrainingDorothy Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2007..and consequently the need for increased access to quality training on this topic in the graduate and continuing education of professionals working with children...
- Evidence-Based Curriculum in Alternative TherapiesVictor Sierpina; Fiscal Year: 2004..will also begin faculty development in CAM on campus with selected faculty in major departments and offer continuing education through ongoing primary care review courses...
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ADHESIVES IN DENTISTRYWAYNE BARKMEIER; Fiscal Year: 1991The Center for Oral Health Research and the Continuing Education Department at Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska, will host a three-day International Symposium on Adhesives in Dentistry on July 11-13, 1991...