Genomes and Genes
Summary: Systematic identification of a population's needs or the assessment of individuals to determine the proper level of services needed.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Health visiting assessment--unpacking critical attributes in health visitor needs assessment practice: a case studyJane V Appleton
Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:232-45. 2008..These assessments are pivotal in uncovering need, safeguarding children and in determining levels of health intervention to be offered to children and their families by the health visiting service in the UK...
- Place effects on health: how can we conceptualise, operationalise and measure them?Sally Macintyre
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Soc Sci Med 55:125-39. 2002....
- Effects of malocclusion and its treatment on the quality of life of adolescentsKelly Ryan Taylor
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 136:382-92. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine whether malocclusion and its treatment influence an adolescent's general and oral health-related QoL...
- Psychosocial problems and needs of posttreatment patients with breast cancer and their relativesSilvia Schmid-Büchi
Nursing Department, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Oncol Nurs 15:260-6. 2011....
- Procedural and interpretive skills of medical students: experiences and attitudes of fourth-year studentsEdward H Wu
Division of General Internal Medicine, Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network, 17th and Chew Streets, Room 6T22, Allentown, PA 18105, USA
Acad Med 83:S63-7. 2008..Recent data do not exist regarding fourth-year medical students' performance of and attitudes toward procedural and interpretive skills, and how these differ from third-year students'...
- Patient's perceived need and psychological distress and/or quality of life in ambulatory breast cancer patients in JapanTatsuo Akechi
Department of Psychiatry and Cognitive Behavioral Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Psychooncology 20:497-505. 2011A needs assessment can be used as a direct index of what patients perceive they need help with...
- Developing a primary care-based stroke service: a review of the qualitative literatureJenni Murray
Bradford Elderly Care and Rehabilitation Research, St Luke s Hospital, Little Horton Lane, Bradford BD5 ONA
Br J Gen Pract 53:137-42. 2003..The need for responses that go beyond the traditional physical rehabilitation approach is evident, and research to identify broader treatment strategies is now required...
- Rapid assessment of avoidable blindness and needs assessment of cataract surgical services in Satkhira District, BangladeshZ Wadud
Child Sight Foundation, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1225-9. 2006..To estimate the magnitude and causes of blindness in people aged > or =50 years in Satkhira district, Bangladesh, and to assess the availability of cataract surgical services...
- Assessing the unmet information, support and care delivery needs of men with prostate cancerEric W Boberg
Center for Health Systems Research and Analysis, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1119 WARF, 610 Walnut Street, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Patient Educ Couns 49:233-42. 2003..The greatest Unmet Needs for information were in knowledge of recurrence issues and in side effects of the illness and its treatment...
- Displacement and healthSamantha L Thomas
Department of War Studies, King s College London, UK
Br Med Bull 69:115-27. 2004....
- Diagnosis and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in a primary care clinicPompeyo C Chavez
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1123, USA
COPD 6:446-51. 2009..The purpose of this study was to describe spirometry use in the diagnosis of COPD and to evaluate the management of COPD occurring in a primary care clinic...
- Met and unmet needs of schizophrenia patients in a Spanish sampleS Ochoa
Unitat de Formació i Investigació, Sant Joan de Déu SMM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Bull 29:201-10. 2003..In a multiple regression model, needs were weakly associated with the clinical variables and quality of life. Needs assessment is complementary to clinical evaluation in schizophrenia.
- Hispanic healthcare disparities: challenging the myth of a monolithic Hispanic populationRobin M Weinick
Office of Performance Accountability, Resources, and Technology, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Care 42:313-20. 2004..We examine the association between use of healthcare services and Hispanic Americans'country of ancestry or origin, language of interview, and length of time lived in the United States...
- The challenge of patients' unmet palliative care needs in the final stages of chronic illnessD Fitzsimons
Nursing Research and Development, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Palliat Med 21:313-22. 2007..There is consensus in the literature that the end of life care for patients with chronic illness is suboptimal, but research on the specific needs of this population is limited...
- Population requirement for primary knee replacement surgery: a cross-sectional studyP Juni
Department of Rheumatology, University of Berne, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:516-21. 2003..To determine the population requirement for total knee replacement (TKR) in England...
- What do stroke patients and their carers want from community services?R Hare
Department of Primary Care and General Practice, University of Birmingham, Primary Care, Clinical Sciences Building, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Fam Pract 23:131-6. 2006..Previous research has focused on the longer term needs of 'new' stroke patients at fixed time intervals after the event, but neglected those of stroke patients who may have had the event many years earlier...
- Brief assessment of adult cancer patients' perceived needs: development and validation of the 34-item Supportive Care Needs Survey (SCNS-SF34)Allison Boyes
Centre for Health Research and Psycho oncology, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 15:602-6. 2009....
- The impact of competing subsistence needs and barriers on access to medical care for persons with human immunodeficiency virus receiving care in the United StatesW E Cunningham
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Med Care 37:1270-81. 1999..To examine whether competing subsistence needs and other barriers are associated with poorer access to medical care among persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), using self-reported data...
- Measuring quality of life in cancer survivors: a methodological review of existing scalesNancy J M Pearce
Centre for Behavioural Research and Program Evaluation, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ont, Canada
Psychooncology 17:629-40. 2008..Studies examining quality of life (QoL) in cancer survivors have relied on instruments specific to the cancer patient population...
- Teaching organ and tissue donation in medical and nursing education: a needs assessmentAshley E Anker
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 355 Baldy Hall, North Campus, Amherst, NY 14260, USA
Prog Transplant 19:343-8. 2009..Research on organ donation education is limited by its reliance on convenience samples (ie, small sample sizes and local schools) and its failure to assess methods of instruction on the topic...
- Building a national model for knowledge exchange in Malawi: findings from a health information needs assessmentNancy Vollmer Lemay
Management Sciences for Health, Arlington, Virginia, USA
J Health Commun 17:64-78. 2012..This health information needs assessment, conducted in the capital city and 3 districts of Malawi from July 2009 to September 2009, aimed to determine ..
- Maternal morbidity in the first year after childbirth in Mombasa Kenya; a needs assessmentMatthew F Chersich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ghent University, Belgium
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:51. 2009..There is an underutilised opportunity to include these interventions within the package of services provided for woman-child pairs attending child-health clinics...
- Physician and patient perceptions in COPD: the COPD Resource Network Needs Assessment SurveyR Graham Barr
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Med 118:1415. 2005..National data are lacking on patient and physician perceptions of and patterns of care for COPD...
- Unintended pregnancy and induced abortion among unmarried women in China: a systematic reviewXu Qian
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
BMC Health Serv Res 4:1. 2004..To systematically identify, appraise and summarise all available studies documenting pregnancy and induced abortion among unmarried Chinese women attending premarital examinations...
- The supportive care needs of men with prostate cancer (2000)S K Steginga
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Australia
Psychooncology 10:66-75. 2001..Interventions in sexuality, psychological concerns and informational support are priorities for men with prostate cancer...
- Infection control in delivery care units, Gujarat state, India: a needs assessmentRajesh Mehta
Department of Community Medicine, College of Medical Sciences, Bhavnagar, India
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:37. 2011..A needs assessment was conducted to provide information on procedures and practices related to infection control in labour and ..
- Lifestyle change in Kerala, India: needs assessment and planning for a community-based diabetes prevention trialMeena Daivadanam
Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
BMC Public Health 13:95. 2013..The purpose of this study is to describe the findings from research aimed at informing the development and evaluation of a Diabetes Prevention Programme in Kerala, India (K-DPP)...
- Managing epilepsy well: self-management needs assessmentRobert T Fraser
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 20:291-8. 2011..The direct needs assessment of patients with epilepsy as a basis for program design has not been well used as an approach to improving ..
- Living with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): perceptions of patients and their carers. An interpretative phenomenological analysisD A Seamark
The Honiton Group Practice, Honiton, Devon, UK
Palliat Med 18:619-25. 2004..A study designed to explore the experiences of patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and their carers, particularly with regard to ongoing and palliative care needs...
- Needs assessment for next generation computer-aided mammography reference image databases and evaluation studiesAlexander Horsch
Institute for Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, TU Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 6:749-67. 2011..When assessing the performance of systems and system components, the choice of evaluation methods is particularly critical. Core assets herein are reference image databases and statistical methods...
- Training needs assessment in research ethics evaluation among research ethics committee members in three African countries: Cameroon, Mali and TanzaniaJerome Ateudjieu
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences University of Yaoundé 1, Cameroon Centre for the Study and Control of Communicable Diseases, Melen Street, Yaoundé Centre, Cameroon
Dev World Bioeth 10:88-98. 2010..Despite recent programs designed to strengthen RECs in Africa, much more needs to be accomplished before these committees can function optimally...
- Sexual and reproductive health services for people living with HIV: a systematic reviewDeborah Bain Brickley
Global Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS Care 23:303-14. 2011..There is a need for high-quality intervention studies to determine the most successful and cost-effective strategies for providing SRH services to people living with HIV...
- Prevalence and correlates of supportive care needs in oral cancer patients with and without anxiety during the diagnostic periodShu Ching Chen
Department of Nursing, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Taiwan
Cancer Nurs 33:280-9. 2010..Many oral cancer patients experience profound anxiety and supportive care needs during the diagnostic phase...
- Housing services for people with mental disorders in England: patient characteristics, care provision and costsStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:805-14. 2009..This study aimed to assess patient characteristics, care provision and costs in different types of housing services in England...
- Dental aesthetic index: applicability in Indian population: a retrospective studyK S Poonacha
K M Shah Dental College and Hospital, Waghodia Road, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 28:13-7. 2010..This study shows that DAI can be effectively used to evaluate and recognize the orthodontic needs of Indian children with permanent dentition and treated at an early stage so that the treatment is more effective...
- The cancer support person's unmet needs survey: psychometric propertiesH Sharon Campbell
Center for Behavioural Research and Program Evaluation, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 115:3351-9. 2009..A rigorous psychometric methodology was used to develop a measure of unmet needs for cancer survivors' principal support persons. Principal support person was defined as "someone you can count on and who helps you with your needs."..
- An international needs assessment of caregivers for frontotemporal dementiaTiffany W Chow
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest, 3560 Bathurst Street, 8th Floor Brain Health Complex, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 2E1, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 38:753-7. 2011..To guide development of public awareness and caregiver support resources for frontotemporal dementia (FTD) syndromes...
- Living with stroke: a phenomenological studyC R Burton
Department of Primary and Community Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England
J Adv Nurs 32:301-9. 2000..Although no common path of recovery was found, it is recommended that stroke services are structured to take account of the long-term needs of stroke patients and their families in their home environment...
- Identification of poor households for premium exemptions in Ghana's National Health Insurance Scheme: empirical analysis of three strategiesGenevieve Cecilia Aryeetey
Department of Primary and Community Care, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Trop Med Int Health 15:1544-52. 2010..The primary motivation was to inform implementation of the National Health Insurance policy of premium exemptions for the poorest households...
- Priorities of elderly dizzy patients in general practice. Findings and psychometric properties of the"Dizziness Needs Assessment" (DiNA)C Kruschinski
Institute of General Practice, OE 5440, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover
Z Gerontol Geriatr 43:317-23. 2010..The aim of the study was to determine the priorities of elderly patients by a specific needs questionnaire, the"Dizziness Needs Assessment" (DiNA), and to evaluate its psychometric properties.
- Medical interventions following natural disasters: missing out on chronic medical needsE Y Y Chan
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Health Policy Unit, Department of Public Health and Policy, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Asia Pac J Public Health 19:45-51. 2007..Potential programmes might include the technical training of local staff, establishment of essential drug and supply lists, and the provision of a range of medical services that may address chronic health needs...
- "Timing It Right": a conceptual framework for addressing the support needs of family caregivers to stroke survivors from the hospital to the homeJill I Cameron
Department of Occupational Sciences and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 70:305-14. 2008..Discuss family caregivers of stroke survivors' changing needs for education and support across the care continuum...
- A qualitative needs assessment of persons who have experienced traumatic brain injury and their primary family caregiversArmando J Rotondi
Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 22:14-25. 2007..To determine the expressed needs of persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and their primary family caregivers...
- Community health: a critical approach to addressing chronic diseasesLissette M Flores
Prevention Institute, 221 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A108. 2007..This commentary on that document highlights recommendations for the use of community indicator reports...
- When the dragon's awake: a needs assessment of people injecting drugs in a small urban centreDiana L Gustafson
Division of Community Health and Humanities, Faculty of Medicine HSC 2834, Memorial University, St John s, NL A1B 3V6, Canada
Int J Drug Policy 19:189-94. 2008..Marginalized populations including people who inject drugs are more negatively affected by the gap between health needs and available services...
- The utility of geographic information systems (GIS) in rapid epidemiological assessments following weather-related disasters: methodological issues based on the Tropical Storm Allison ExperienceStephen Waring
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Int J Hyg Environ Health 208:109-16. 2005..We conducted a rapid needs assessment in the areas most affected by flooding using modified cluster sampling facilitated by GIS methodology...
- From silos to bridges: meeting the general health care needs of adults with severe mental illnessesMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:659-69. 2006..We discuss obstacles to clinical integration and propose strategies to address them...
- Providing critical care during a disaster: the interface between disaster response agencies and hospitalsJ Christopher Farmer
Program in Translational Immunovirology and Biodefense, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, and Center for Homeland Security, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, College Station, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 34:S56-9. 2006..e., patient transport and/or bringing care to the patient); 4) education shortfalls; and 5) the inability of hospitals to align disaster medical requirements with other competing priorities...
- Population needs assessment and knee replacement surgeryR Holland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:503-6. 2003
- Qualitative needs assessment of HIV services among Dominican, Mexican and Central American immigrant populations living in the New York City areaM G Shedlin
International and Immigrant Health Research, Institute for AIDS Research, NDRI, Inc New York, NY 10010, USA
AIDS Care 16:434-45. 2004..The key elements for the provision of services to this population appear to be those that build on cultural norms and network human and institutional resources...
- The perceived care needs of breast cancer patients in KoreaSook Yeon Hwang
Department of Social Welfare, Duksung Women s University College of Social Sciences, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:524-33. 2006..The results of this study suggest medical professional should consider the complexity and dynamics of meeting patients' needs in providing supportive care services...
- An online needs assessment of a virtual community: what men who use the internet to seek sex with men want in Internet-based HIV preventionSimon Hooper
Department of Learning and Performance Systems, College of Education, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
AIDS Behav 12:867-75. 2008..Interventions to re-engage men engaging in high risk and HIV + MISM should be considered. Leading health agencies should review whether their web information is retrievable, credible and useful to those most at risk...
- A structured health needs assessment tool: acceptability and effectiveness for health visitingSarah Cowley
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, London, UK
J Adv Nurs 43:82-92. 2003..Research attention has focused mainly on unstructured needs assessments and professional judgment or the development of assessment tools, so that the views of practitioners using structured instruments and their clients are not known...
- Association between normative and self-perceived orthodontic treatment need among Arab high school studentsHeidi Kerosuo
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait City, Kuwait
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 125:373-8. 2004..Sex and socioeconomic factors did not significantly affect the normative treatment need. These results suggest that the AC component of the IOTN clearly reflects the self-perceived need for treatment...
- The reliability and validity of the forensic Camberwell Assessment of Need (CANFOR): a needs assessment for forensic mental health service usersStuart D M Thomas
Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science, Monash University, Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health, Victoria 3078, Australia
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 17:111-20. 2008..The aim of this study was therefore to develop a valid and reliable individual needs assessment instrument for FMHSUs that incorporated staff and service user views and measured met and unmet needs...
- Information topics important to chronic kidney disease patients: a systematic reviewPaula Ormandy
Institute for Health and Social Care, Salford, UK
J Ren Care 34:19-27. 2008....
- Orthodontic treatment need in Peruvian young adults evaluated through dental aesthetic indexEduardo Bernabé
Department of Social Dentistry, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Angle Orthod 76:417-21. 2006..In this population, malocclusion was characterized by a relatively high frequency of missing teeth, appreciable dental crowding, and inadequate anteroposterior relationships...
- Competing demands in the office visit: what influences mammography recommendations?P A Nutting
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 14:352-61. 2001....
- Rehabilitation needs for older adults with stroke living at home: perceptions of four populationsClaude Vincent
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and Social Integration CIRRIS, Institut de Réadaptation en Déficience Physique de Québec, 525, Wilfrid Hamel Blvd East, Québec Québec, G1M 2S8, Canada
BMC Geriatr 7:20. 2007..The emphasis was put on needs that act as obstacles to social participation in terms of personal factors, environmental factors and life habits, from the point of view of four target populations...
- Fairness and accountability for reasonableness. Do the views of priority setting decision makers differ across health systems and levels of decision making?Lydia Kapiriri
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Soc Sci Med 68:766-73. 2009..However, the framework should be used with flexibility to allow for identification of elements and relevant explicit criteria (such as those identified in this study) - that may not directly fit under any of the four conditions...
- Evidence, theory and context: using intervention mapping to develop a worksite physical activity interventionRosemary R C McEachan
Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
BMC Public Health 8:326. 2008..The current paper describes the development of a three month theory-based intervention that aims to increase levels of moderate intensity physical activity amongst employees in sedentary occupations...
- Barriers to childhood immunization: findings from a needs assessment studyM Thomas
Department of Social Work, California State University, 9001 Stockdale Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93311 1099, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 23:19-39. 2004..These findings suggest that reminder calls, increased transportation, weekend clinics and better rapport with parents can improve the immunization rates in ethnically diverse rural communities...
- Self-perceived orthodontic treatment need evaluated through 3 scales in a university populationC Flores-Mir
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Room 4051A, Dentistry Pharmacy Center, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2N8
J Orthod 31:329-34; discussion 302. 2004..To evaluate the self-perceived orthodontic treatment need in a university population evaluated through 3 scales that used different approaches...
- Perceived needs of women diagnosed with breast cancer: rural versus urban locationA Girgis
Aust N Z J Public Health 24:166-73. 2000..To assess the prevalence and predictors of perceived unmet needs among women diagnosed with breast cancer, with a particular focus on the impact of location (rural/urban)...
- Patient perception of UK scleroderma services--results of an anonymous questionnaireA H Mawdsley
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1573. 2006
- Unmet supportive care needs: a cross-cultural comparison between Hong Kong Chinese and German Caucasian women with breast cancerWendy W T Lam
Centre for Psycho Oncology Research and Training, Department of Community Medicine and Unit for Behavioural Sciences, School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, 5 F, WMW Mong Block, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:531-41. 2011..Planning for cancer supportive care services or interventions to reduce unmet needs must consider cultural and/or health service contexts...
- Teamwork and team decision-making at multidisciplinary cancer conferences: barriers, facilitators, and opportunities for improvementBenjamin W Lamb
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, 5th Floor Medical School Building, St Mary s Hospital, London, W2 1PG, UK
World J Surg 35:1970-6. 2011..Anecdotally, multidisciplinary cancer conferences (MCCs) do not always function optimally. MCC members' experiences with and attitudes toward MCCs are explored, and barriers to and facilitators of effective team-working are identified...
- Orthodontic treatment need in Asian adult malesJen Soh
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Angle Orthod 74:769-73. 2004..05). No correlation between objective and subjective EC scores was found (P > .05). A high level of investigator-identified treatment need was not supported by a similar level of subject awareness among the adult sample...
- Survey on the population's needs and the public health response during floods in Germany 2002Johannes Schnitzler
World Health Organization in the Epidemiological Surveillance Strengthening Team in Geneva, Switzerland
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:461-4. 2007..Evacuations were well tolerated. Information reached the population mainly through loudspeakers, radio, and TV...
- Reducing the unmet needs of patients with colorectal cancer: a feasibility study of The Pathfinder Volunteer ProgramMichelle L Macvean
The Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Victoria, 3053, Australia
Support Care Cancer 15:293-9. 2007..This paper describes a volunteer-delivered intervention to reduce the psychosocial needs of cancer patients and presents findings from a feasibility study of this intervention...
- Measuring educational needs among patients with rheumatoid arthritis using the Dutch version of the Educational Needs Assessment Tool (DENAT)Jorit J L Meesters
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Rheumatol 28:1073-7. 2009The Educational Needs Assessment Tool (ENAT) was developed in the United Kingdom (UK) to systematically assess the educational needs of patients with arthritis...
- Quality care at the end of life in AfricaCecilia Sepulveda
Programme on Cancer Control, World Health Organization, Avenue Appia 20, CH 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
BMJ 327:209-13. 2003
- The relationship between the ICON index and the dental and aesthetic components of the IOTN indexAli Borzabadi-Farahani
Department of Orthodonics, School of Dentistry, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
World J Orthod 11:43-8. 2010....
- Population requirement for primary hip-replacement surgery: a cross-sectional studyS Frankel
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol
Lancet 353:1304-9. 1999..We set out to estimate the population requirement for primary total hip replacement in England...
- The long-term impact of medical and socio-demographic factors on the quality of life of breast cancer survivors among Chinese womenYong Cui
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Services Research and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 8300, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 87:135-47. 2004....
- Ability of regional hospitals to meet projected avian flu pandemic surge capacity requirementsRaymond P Ten Eyck
Center for Global Health Systems, Management, and Policy, Department of Community Medicine, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Kettering, Ohio 45420, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 23:103-12. 2008..Renewed concerns for infectious disease threats, particularly from a potential avian flu pandemic perspective, have emphasized the need to be prepared for a prolonged surge that could last six to eight weeks...
- Dying from cancer in developed and developing countries: lessons from two qualitative interview studies of patients and their carersScott A Murray
Division of Community Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9DX
BMJ 326:368. 2003..To describe the experiences of illness and needs and use of services in two groups of patients with incurable cancer, one in a developed country and the other in a developing country...
- Piloting a needs assessment to guide development of a survivorship program for a community cancer centerMaura Schlairet
College of Nursing, Valdosta State University, Georgia, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:501-8. 2010..To develop and pilot a survey to assess needs and distress of cancer survivors receiving care in a community cancer center...
- Multi-method needs assessment optimises learningDrew Keister
Department of Family Medicine, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Pennsylvania 18105 7017, USA
Clin Teach 9:295-8. 2012Although needs assessment is an essential step in curricular development, postgraduate medical educators receive minimal associated training. Effective needs-assessment strategies include multi-method feedback from educators and learners.
- The Centre for International Mental Health approach to mental health system developmentHarry Minas
Centre for International Mental Health, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
Harv Rev Psychiatry 20:37-46. 2012....
- Comprehensive needs assessment tool in cancer (CNAT): the development and validationEun Jung Shim
Department of Psychology, Catholic University of Daegu, 330 Geumrak 1 ri, Hayang eup, Gyeongsan si, Gyeongbuk 712 702, Republic of Korea
Support Care Cancer 19:1957-68. 2011b>Needs assessment is an important step toward quality and patient-centered cancer care, as it identifies patient need, guiding evidence-based cancer care policy, and maximizing care outcome...
- Email reminders as a self-management tool in depression: a needs assessment to determine patients' interests and preferencesDaphne C Watkins
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, 1080 South University Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1106, USA
J Telemed Telecare 17:378-81. 2011We conducted a needs assessment to ascertain patients' interests and preferences for using email reminders ('E-minders') to assist in the self-management of their depression...
- Needs assessment for business strategies of anesthesiology groups' practicesCorey Scurlock
Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1010, New York, NY 10029, USA
Anesth Analg 113:170-4. 2011..However, there has been little analysis of the remaining gaps in our knowledge. We performed a needs assessment to identify unsolved problems in anesthesia business strategy based on Porter's Five Forces Analysis...
- The effectiveness of self-assessment on the identification of learner needs, learner activity, and impact on clinical practice: BEME Guide no. 10Iain Colthart
NHS Education for Scotland, UK
Med Teach 30:124-45. 2008..Specific objectives sought evidence for effectiveness of self-assessment interventions to: a. improve perception of learning needs; b. promote change in learning activity; c. improve clinical practice; d. improve patient outcomes...
- Developing a practice-academic partnership logic modelMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia, School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nurs Outlook 57:143-7. 2009..Significant outcomes have included a new clinical placement model, affiliate academic appointments for practice educators, and research collaborations...
- Management of hypertension in general practice--a qualitative needs assessment of Australian GPsFaline Howes
Menzies Research Institute Tasmania, University of Tasmania
Aust Fam Physician 41:317-23. 2012..This study aimed to identify strategies to improve the management of hypertension in general practice...
- A comparative needs assessment of the dental health of adults attending dental access centres and general dental practices in Halton & St Helens and Warrington PCTs 2007K M Milsom
Consultant in Dental Public Health, Halton and St Helens Primary Care Trust Honorary Senior Lecturer in Dental Public Health, University of Manchester, The Holloway, Runcorn keith milsom hsthpct nhs uk
Br Dent J 206:257-61. 2009..In light of these changes, have DACs become an alternative provider of NHS dental services to patients seeking routine dental care?..
- Morbidity in the first year postpartum among HIV-infected women in KenyaM F Chersich
International Center for Reproductive Health, Mombasa, Kenya
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:45-51. 2008..To assess the effects of HIV infection on morbidity and the needs of infected women for services in the first year postpartum...
- Bereavement needs assessment in specialist palliative care: a review of the literatureA Agnew
Marie Curie Cancer Care, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Palliat Med 24:46-59. 2010Bereavement needs assessment for specialist palliative care services has been highlighted as important by NICE guidance on palliative care for adults with cancer...
- Acne vulgaris: pathogenesis, treatment, and needs assessmentSiri Knutsen-Larson
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dermatol Clin 30:99-106, viii-ix. 2012..This article discusses the epidemiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of acne vulgaris. The burden of disease in the United States and future directions in the management of acne are also addressed...
- An AIDS risk reduction program for Dutch drug users: an intervention mapping approach to planningPepijn van Empelen
Department of Experimental Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Health Promot Pract 4:402-12. 2003..In Step 3, leaflets with role-model stories based on authentic interviews with drug users were developed and pilot tested. Finally, the need for cooperation with program users is discussed in IM Steps 4 and 5...
- Nutrition and physical activity guidance for women in the pre- and post-natal period: a continuing education needs assessment in primary health careRoger Hughes
School of Public Health, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD 4217, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 17:135-41. 2011..Pharmacy-based staff are a priority for PHC continuing education about nutrition and physical activity if the potential of the community-based pharmacy as a primary health setting is to be realised...
- International medical school faculty development: the results of a needs assessment survey among medical educators in ChinaYan Guo
Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:91-102. 2009..001). Ninety-two percent believe that international experiences are very or extremely important to medical educators' career advancement. Chinese medical education faculty members have a strong interest in faculty development programs...
- Development and validation of the CAM Health Belief Questionnaire (CHBQ) and CAM use and attitudes amongst medical studentsDesiree Lie
Department of Family Medicine and the CAM Education Task Force, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
BMC Med Educ 4:2. 2004..In addition, baseline attitudes or beliefs of medical students towards CAM, and the factors that may have formed them, including use of CAM itself, remain unreported...
- A partnership approach to service needs assessment with family caregivers of an aging relative living at home: a qualitative analysis of the experiences of caregivers and practitionersLouise Levesque
Faculte des sciences infirmieres, Universite de Montreal, and Researcher, Centre de Recherche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 chemin Queen Mary, Montreal QC, Canada H3W 1W5
Int J Nurs Stud 47:876-87. 2010..However, in many countries, homecare-service practitioners currently do not follow a systematic approach to assessing and responding to caregiver needs...
- Health related quality of life amongst people affected by leprosy in South Ghana: a needs assessmentAjediran I Bello
Department of Physiotherapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ghana, P O Box KB 143, Accra, Ghana
Lepr Rev 84:76-84. 2013..This study examined Health Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) among leprosy-affected elderly people at three leprosoria located in South Ghana...
- Psychosocial health care needs assessment of adult cancer patients: a consensus-based guidelineD Howell
University Health Network Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Support Care Cancer 20:3343-54. 2012..part of cancer care, there is limited evidence regarding the optimum approach to psychosocial health care needs assessment in this setting...
- Performance measures of cultural competency in mental health organizationsC Siegel
Epidemiology and Health Services Research Laboratory, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Building 35, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 28:91-106. 2000..Indicators, measures and data sources for needs assessment, information exchange, services, human resources, plans and policies, and outcomes were identified...
- Patients' perceptions, treatment need, and complexity of orthodontic re-treatmentYijin Ren
Department of Orthodontics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Orthod 31:189-95. 2009..These results indicate that patients seeking re-treatment had a good perception of dental aesthetics, strong motivation, and an objective treatment need...
- The supportive care needs survey for partners and caregivers of cancer survivors: development and psychometric evaluationAfaf Girgis
Centre for Health Research and Psycho Oncology CHeRP, Cancer Council NSW, University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, Australia
Psychooncology 20:387-93. 2011..Begin to test the psychometric properties of a measure designed to capture the multi-dimensional supportive care needs of cancer caregivers: the Supportive Care Needs Survey-Partners and Caregivers (SCNS-P&C)...
- Using intervention mapping (IM) to develop a self-management programme for employees with a chronic disease in the NetherlandsSarah I Detaille
Seneca, Expertise Centre for Sports, Work and Health, HAN University of Applied Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 10:353. 2010..The objective of this article is to present the systematic development and content of this programme...
- Optimizing use of androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancerVahakn B Shahinian; Fiscal Year: 2010..POP dominant) on care of men on ADT. ..
- THERAPEUTIC RESEARCH CONSENT--EMPIRICAL/ETHICAL ANALYSISLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Enhanced Prescription Drug Label Design to Improve Patient Understanding and UseMichael S Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will advance the science related to Rx labeling practices. Findings will directly inform clinical practice and state and federal policies for improving patient medication information and safety. ..
- Understanding Consent to Tissue DonationLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will be the first to comprehensively examine consent to tissue donation. ..
- PUBLIC ATTITUDES TOWARDS DEATH AND ORGAN PROCUREMENTLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, a community dialogue will be implemented to interpret and disseminate the findings and provide recommendations to policy makers. ..
- FAMILY CONFLICT AND DECISION MAKING FOR ADVANCED CANCERLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cut-off scores will be provided for classifying concordant and discordant families. In addition, rich and detailed descriptive information about the family treatment decision-making process will be provided. ..
- Appraisal Delay and Disparities in Timely Cancer DiagnosisLaura A Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- EBP Leadership Summit: Improving health outcomes for high risk children and teensBernadette Melnyk; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. to improve health outcomes for our nation's children and adolescents. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Outcomes of LBW Premature Infants and ParentsBernadette Melnyk; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Families of Childhood Cancer SurvivorsBradley Zebrack; Fiscal Year: 2006..The information also will be useful to investigators and clinicians interested in developing and testing family support interventions via pilot studies or randomized clinical trials. ..
- Reducing Postpartum Weight Retention Among Low Income, Ethnically Diverse WomenLorraine Walker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multifaceted Depression Diabetes Program for HispanicsKathleen Ell; Fiscal Year: 2008..e., diet, exercise, checking blood glucose, and taking diabetic medication), decreased HbA1c levels and diabetes symptoms; and c) will improve function and satisfaction with diabetic and depression care vs. UC. ..
- Multifaceted Oncology Depression Program for LatinosKathleen Ell; Fiscal Year: 2007..UC. Secondary questions include what is the effect of MODP on symptoms such as pain and fatigue and functional impairment from these symptoms. ..
- Health and School Performance Among Youth Ages 9-13Christopher Forrest; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long-term goal for this research is to follow youth into high school and beyond to more fully characterize the evolution of health from childhood to adulthood. ..
- OVERWEIGHT STATUS AFTER CHILDBIRTHLorraine Walker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Family Involvement /Resident Psychosocial Status in LTCJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Patient Adherence to Cancer TreatmentKathleen Ell; Fiscal Year: 2004..5 IMPAACT intervention effects will be mediated by changes in targets of the components of the intervention, viz., strengthened intentions, reduced emotional barriers particularly depression, and reduced practical and system barriers. ..
- Managing Chronic Illness: Telemonitoring vs TelephoneKathryn Bowles; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings regarding health outcomes and advantages and disadvantages of the two interventions will guide the design of a larger clinical trial to compare telemonitoring to telephone disease management. ..
- Caregiver Outcomes Post NH Placement of a Family MemberJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Promoting Self-Care with Telehomecare: Impact on OutcomeKathryn Bowles; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings will help guide optimal use of telehomecare in promoting self-care in the growing population of chronically ill elders whose conditions are characterized by high morbidity, complex therapies and poor quality and cost outcomes. ..
- Comprehensive Support for Alzheimer's Disease CaregiversJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed evaluation will provide detailed information on the potential of the ECS to serve as a model intervention for various family caregivers of Alzheimer?s patients in diverse geographic contexts. [unreadable]..
- Oncology Depression Program--Latinas with CancerKathleen Ell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- TB/HIV RISK REDUCTION WITH HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTEDAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Analyzing Vaccine Programs/Policies in Western EuropeGary Freed; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Community-Based Approach to Designing an AIDS Program for HIV+ Mothers in IndiaAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will lead to future funding to actually develop and test a newly designed program. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXPANDING FRONTIERS:INTEGRATING INQUIRY, EQUITY, & TECHMARSHA MATYAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Approach to Elucidate Mechanisms for Disparity in Cancer Pain OutcomesSalimah H Meghani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings will help identify targets sensitive to tailored, patient-centered interventions in improving equity in palliative care outcomes. ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL BICARBONATE AND CHLORIDE ABSORPTIONRobert Alpern; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies will determine the specific domains/amino acids responsible for its pH sensitivity, and define the role that Pyk2 plays in the acid signaling cascade. ..
- 'Latinos' Health Literacy, Social Support, and OH-KOP"Maria Rosa Watson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, these instruments will serve to target oral health promotion and primary prevention efforts for Latino populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Providers' Views of the Roles of Medical InterpretersI LING HSIEH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALEXSA Adaptation for Use in Large Scale Substance Use SurveysTy Ridenour; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quality of Life in patients with severe Cystic FibrosisChristopher Goss; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Endothelin Actions on Vascular Function in HypertensionRALPH WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Could this lead to the development of a new class of ET-1 receptor antagonists for the treatment of salt-sensitive HT and the prevention of vascular complications of HT? ..
- Professional Skills for Minority Students in BiomedicineMARSHA MATYAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..An Advisory Board will guide the project activities and an evaluation component will document progress on the project activities, dissemination of the courses, and impacts on participants. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Geostatistical software for the analysis of individual-level epidemiologic dataPierre Goovaerts; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Access to Care: Children with Special Health Care NeedsAlex Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Phase II is the development of an access-to-care survey instrument and limited-scope primary data collection to further examines factors impacting access to care for CSHCN. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving The Quality Of Advanced Cancer Care With Disease ManagementBarbara Daly; Fiscal Year: 2010..remain after controlling for the influence of demographic, clinical and organizational covariates? (5) To what extent are differences in patient and caregiver outcomes achieved through improvements in collaboration and problem solving? ..
- Peripheral and Central Mechanism of Pain in Patients with FibromyalgiaROLAND M STAUD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Either way, we will provide evidence that will characterize the role of local anesthesia, placebo analgesia, or both. Thus patients with FM and other similar pain syndromes may strongly benefit from the results of our study. ..
- Four Models of Telephone Support for Stimulant RecoveryDavid Farabee; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- PALLIATIVE CARE AND THE ELDERLYDiane Meier; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Web-based Support to Manage Arthritis PainKIMBERLEE TRUDEAU; Fiscal Year: 2008..This on-line interactive resource for health consumers will include motivational, tailored feedback, self-management recommendations, unique personal tracking tools, and social networking features. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Environmental Effects on Lung Function in Cystic Fibrosis PatientsChristopher Goss; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposal will also enhance our understanding of lung growth in CF and represents the initial phase of a program to understand environmental effects on CF lung disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Longevity and Age-Sensitive Traits in MiceRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Health Status and Habits of Young Children with Developmental DelayCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development and Clinical Testing of CorAide RVAD/BVADKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2008..The successful completion of this program will provide clinicians and patients with a safe and effective option for outpatient mechanical support that allows an excellent quality of life. ..
- Relationship between Periodontal Disease and Gestational Diabetes MellitusXu Xiong; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving oral health and treating periodontal disease before and during pregnancy may reduce maternal and perinatal morbidity associated with GDM and prevent type 2 diabetes after pregnancy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to further integration of rhythm and function assessments in the fetus using two different, yet complimentary technologies. ..
- Removing the HOOA Family Farm Exemption: Impact on Inju*Barbara Marlenga; Fiscal Year: 2005..It will also highlight ages, jobs and situations that would not be covered by removing the exemption. ..
- Inhalant Abuse and DependenceTy Ridenour; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Randomized Control Trial of Mifepristone for FibroidsKevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..The study may also offer valuable insight into a mechanism by which mifepristone reduces fibroid size. ..
- Outcomes of Prolonged Mechanical VentilationShannon Carson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these data will inform future cohort studies and randomized controlled trials designed to improve outcomes for this growing patient population. ..
- Work injury and young people: A prospective surveyF Breslin; Fiscal Year: 2005..No study to date has examined the impact of work injuries on earnings losses among young workers, thereby addressing a notable gap in this research area. ..
- Developing an Instrument to Measure Keyboarding StyleNancy Baker; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information will be integrated into the final tool, the PECKS. The PECKS can then be used to identify an individual who have keyboarding...styles that have been associated with MSD-UE. ..
- Mitral Annular Remodeling for MR TherapyKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Therefore, this proposed research program is an important first step in this novel procedure's development as one potential therapeutic option for high-risk CHF patients with functional MR. ..
- ELDER ABUSE, ETHNICITY, AND HEALTHCARE SETTINGSMichael Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- TREATMENT OUTCOME FOR RUNAWAY ADOLESCENTSNatasha Slesnick; Fiscal Year: 2002..The effectiveness of booster sessions in maintaining treatment gains will be examined, and an intensive engagement strategy will be employed. ..
- A Longitudinal Study of Health Risk Behavior in YouthDONNA REW; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF TRANSCRIPTIONAL COMPETENCE BY CHROMIUMAaron Barchowsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, these studies will translate observations in cell culture into in vivo models of exposure to greatly improve the basic understanding of how Cr(VI) promotes pulmonary diseases. ..
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Geostatistical software for health and exposure analysisPierre Goovaerts; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diet, Colon Cancer, and Cancer CommunicationsJessie Satia; Fiscal Year: 2005..Obtaining this award will greatly broaden and strengthen the candidate's focus on cancer prevention and control. ..
- Tailored Activity to Improve Affect in Dementia at HomeLaura Gitlin; Fiscal Year: 2006..This pilot study will provide critical data by which to refine and standardize the intervention manual and protocols, and structure the design of a large-scale randomized clinical trial. ..
- Oral Health in People with Systemic SclerosisHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antioxidant nutrients and Oxidative DNA Damage in Afric*Jessie Satia; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this work would potentially provide investigators with a validated instrument for assessing antioxidant nutrient exposure in population-based studies in the U.S. ..
- Impact of Nurse Work Environment on Rural Quality of Care and Clinical OutcomesMarianne Baernholdt; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- RESEARCH PROGRAM TO PROMOTE OPTIMAL AGING IN PLACELaura Gitlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..newsletter; forming multidisciplinary research teams on topics related to independent living; conducting a needs assessment of research and outcome needs of community-based service programs; developing guidelines for accessing ..
- ENHANCING FUNCTION OF FRAIL ELDERS BY MODIFYING THE HOMELaura Gitlin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Volunteer Activities on Long-Term Care ResidentsHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is expected that findings will support the activity theory of aging and validate the beneficial effects of residents in LTC facilities participating in structured volunteer activities. ..
- Reducing the Disproportionate Burden of Orofacial InjuryVivek Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Faith-Based Breast Cancer Screening InterventionLANA SUE KA OPUA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Permeability Changes in Small Bowel Allograft RejectionJonathan Fryer; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Community Integration after Spinal Cord Injury: Using Photovoice to Identify BarrSusan Newman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This checklist will be utilized to inform future intervention projects and health promotion activities that facilitate the integration of individuals with SCI into the Charleston community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Assessing Clinical Skills in Functional Family TherapyTIMOTHY OZECHOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..The detailed clinical information provided by the instrument will help generate guidelines for training therapists, thereby facilitating the dissemination and effectiveness of FFT in community settings. ..
- CO-OCCURING DRUG AND MENTAL DISORDERS IN YOUTHCRAIG HEFLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2001..The project builds on program of health services research by the Principal Investigator that has focused on child, adolescent, and family behavioral health issues. ..
- Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of EldersSteven Counsell; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A Pilot Test of the Functional Family Therapy Coding and Rating ScaleTIMOTHY OZECHOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathways ot long-term abstinence:Self-help processesAlexandre Laudet; Fiscal Year: 2006..4. To elucidate the processes underlying the demonstrated benefits of affiliation with self-help among drug user by testing a conceptual model (Figure 1) building on and integrating previous findings. ..
- Rural Child/Adolescent Mental Health Service UseCRAIG HEFLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A pilot study for oral health case management of children with orofacial cleftsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PARASPINAL MUSCLE DENERVATION AND SYMPTOMS IN LUMBAR SSAndrew Haig; Fiscal Year: 2005..Subjects will repeat the test battery (MRI, EMG, and clinical evaluation) approximately 18 months later. Appropriate statistics will test each of the four hypotheses. ..
- THE CHRONICALLY ILL--LONG TERM MECHANICAL VENTILATIONBarbara Daly; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) Are there differences between family members of chronically critically ill patients who participate in a disease management program and family members of those who do not in care-giving burden and depression? ..
- Primary Care Provider and Preventive Oral HealthCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this career development award is expected to provide to Dr. Lewis the didactic and experiential training necessary to become an independent clinical investigator focusing on pediatric and dental health services research. ..
- The Feasibility of Assessing the Prevalence of RicketsJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to assessing possible methodologies for the larger project, the preliminary study is designed to yield standalone results with important implications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 12-Step as Aftercare: Predictors and EffectivenessAlexandre Laudet; Fiscal Year: 2006..4. The analyses to address these aims will be guided by an empirically-based conceptual model. Subgroup analyses will be conducted for gender and ethnic subgroups as well as for NA and AA affiliation. ..
- Alcohol Use Reduction in Methadone Individuals with HCVAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Substance Use Disorders & Service Use Among Rural YouthCRAIG HEFLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integration Difusion for SMI Service DeliveryKIMBERLEY ISETT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Analysis will be completed using repeated measures regression techniques. ..
- Intensive Communication for Chronically Critically IllBarbara Daly; Fiscal Year: 2007..ethnicity); (e) What are the key process characteristics of communication in ICS? ..
- In-Home Caregiving and Use of Medical ServicesJennifer Wolff; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..