Genomes and Genes
Summary: The act of "taking account" of an object or state of affairs. It does not imply assessment of nor attention to the qualities or nature of the object.
Publications383 found, 100 shown here
- How do you feel--now? The anterior insula and human awarenessA D Bud Craig
Atkinson Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 10:59-70. 2009..New findings suggest a fundamental role for the AIC (and the von Economo neurons it contains) in awareness, and thus it needs to be considered as a potential neural correlate of consciousness.
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: adult use and awareness of the 'e-cigarette' in the USAAnnette K Regan
Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta 30341, USA
Tob Control 22:19-23. 2013..Despite concerns regarding the long-term health impact of this product, there is little known about awareness and use of ENDS among adults in the USA.
- To see or not to see: prestimulus alpha phase predicts visual awarenessKyle E Mathewson
Department of Psychology and Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Neurosci 29:2725-32. 2009..Because the visual stimulus itself is unchanged, this variability in conscious awareness is likely related to changes in the brain...
- No conflict control in the absence of awarenessUlrich Ansorge
Fakultat fur Psychologie, Universitat Wien, Liebiggasse 5, 1010, Vienna, Austria
Psychol Res 75:351-65. 2011In the present study we tested whether control over the impact of potentially conflicting information depends on awareness of that conflicting information.
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension among slum dwellers in Nairobi, KenyaSteven J M van de Vijver
African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya
J Hypertens 31:1018-24. 2013This study aims to assess the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in two major slums in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Trends in hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control rates in United States adults between 1988-1994 and 1999-2004Jeffrey A Cutler
US Department of Health and Human Services, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hypertension 52:818-27. 2008..study assesses trends in hypertension prevalence, blood pressure distributions and mean levels, and hypertension awareness, treatment, and control among US adults, age >or=18 years, between the third National Health and Nutrition ..
- Detecting awareness in the vegetative stateAdrian M Owen
Medical Research Council Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge CB2 2EF, UK
Science 313:1402. 2006We used functional magnetic resonance imaging to demonstrate preserved conscious awareness in a patient fulfilling the criteria for a diagnosis of vegetative state...
- Affective influences on the attentional dynamics supporting awarenessAdam K Anderson
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
J Exp Psychol Gen 134:258-81. 2005..These results suggest that arousal is associated with decreased attentional prerequisites for awareness, enabling emotional significance to shape perceptual experience.
- Neural dissociation between visual awareness and spatial attentionValentin Wyart
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:2667-79. 2008..see depend on where we attend to? Psychologists have long stressed the tight relationship between visual awareness and spatial attention at the behavioral level...
- Conjoint activity of anterior insular and anterior cingulate cortex: awareness and responseNick Medford
Department of Psychiatry, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Falmer Campus, Brighton, BN1 9PX, UK
Brain Struct Funct 214:535-49. 2010..the raw data of sensory (including interoceptive) inputs and are integrated through representations in conscious awareness. Correspondingly, autonomic nervous system reactivity is particularly important amongst the responses that ..
- Differences in prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension between developing and developed countriesMarta Pereira
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Cardiovascular R and D Unit, Universityof Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal
J Hypertens 27:963-75. 2009Objective To systematically review quantitative differences in the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension between developed and developing countries over the past 6 years...
- Bedside detection of awareness in the vegetative state: a cohort studyDamian Cruse
Centre for Brain and Mind, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Lancet 378:2088-94. 2011..We aimed to assess bedside detection of awareness with an electroencephalography (EEG) technique in patients in the vegetative state.
- The sentient selfA D Bud Craig
Atkinson Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute, 350 West Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Brain Struct Funct 214:563-77. 2010..Issues that need to be addressed are highlighted. A possible basis for subjectivity in a cinemascopic model of awareness is presented.
- Voluntary action and conscious awarenessPatrick Haggard
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Nat Neurosci 5:382-5. 2002..These perceived times were attracted together in conscious awareness, so that subjects perceived voluntary movements as occurring later and their sensory consequences as occurring ..
- Lesions of the human amygdala impair enhanced perception of emotionally salient eventsA K Anderson
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nature 411:305-9. 2001..Under conditions of limited attention for normal perceptual awareness-that is, the attentional blink-we show that healthy observers demonstrate robust benefits for the perception of ..
- Trends in prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in the United States, 1988-2000Ihab Hajjar
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Palmetto Health Richland, University of South Carolina, Columbia, USA
JAMA 290:199-206. 2003..Prior analyses of National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data through 1991 have suggested that hypertension prevalence is declining, but more recent self-reported rates of hypertension suggest that the rate is increasing...
- Determination of awareness in patients with severe brain injury using EEG power spectral analysisAndrew M Goldfine
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, LC 803, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 122:2157-68. 2011To determine whether EEG spectral analysis could be used to demonstrate awareness in patients with severe brain injury.
- Cascade of neural events leading from error commission to subsequent awareness revealed using EEG source imagingMonica Dhar
Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e19578. 2011..Error awareness was indicated by participants with a second key press after the target key press...
- Stochastic variations in sensory awareness are driven by noisy neuronal adaptation: evidence from serial correlations in perceptual bistabilityRaymond van Ee
Helmholtz Institute Physics of Man, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 26:2612-22. 2009..This work bridges, in a physiologically plausible way, widely appreciated deterministic modeling and randomness in experimental observations of visual rivalry...
- The relationship between awareness and attention: evidence from ERP responsesMika Koivisto
Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Turku, Finland
Neuropsychologia 47:2891-9. 2009The relationship between attention and awareness is complex, because both concepts can be understood in different ways...
- Experiencing oneself vs another person as being the cause of an action: the neural correlates of the experience of agencyC Farrer
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, 67 Boulevard Pinel, 69675 Bron Cedex, France
Neuroimage 15:596-603. 2002..The inferior parietal cortex, in contrast, represents movements in an allocentric coding system that can be applied to the actions of others as well as the self...
- Error awareness revisited: accumulation of multimodal evidence from central and autonomic nervous systemsJan R Wessel
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, Cologne, Germany
J Cogn Neurosci 23:3021-36. 2011..In EEG studies, error awareness has been suggested to influence the error positivity (Pe) of the response-locked event-related brain potential, ..
- Unconsciously triggered conflict adaptationSimon van Gaal
Cognitive Neuroscience Group, Department of Psychology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e11508. 2010..In the present experiment we manipulated the awareness of conflict-inducing stimuli in a metacontrast masking paradigm to directly test this assumption...
- An insular view of anxietyMartin P Paulus
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:383-7. 2006....
- Cortical midline structures and the selfGeorg Northoff
Laboratory for Magnetic Brain Stimulation, Division of Behavioral Neurology, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 8:102-7. 2004..All of these subfunctions are related to distinct regions within the CMS. This relationship between self-referential processing and CMS might provide novel insight into the neural correlates underlying the constitution of the self...
- The neural correlate of (un)awareness: lessons from the vegetative stateSteven Laureys
Cyclotron Research Center and Department of Neurology, University of Liege, Sart Tilman B30, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Trends Cogn Sci 9:556-9. 2005Consciousness has two main components: wakefulness and awareness. The vegetative state is characterized by wakefulness without awareness...
- Breast cancer awareness and barriers to symptomatic presentation among women from different ethnic groups in East LondonL J L Forbes
Promoting Early Presentation Group, Department of Psychological Medicine, Kings College London, South Wing, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Cancer 105:1474-9. 2011..We hypothesised that this was due to low breast cancer awareness and barriers to symptomatic presentation, leading to late stage at diagnosis in women from ethnic minorities...
- Is there a causal link from phonological awareness to success in learning to read?Anne Castles
Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Cognition 91:77-111. 2004In this review, we re-assess the evidence that phonological awareness represents a skill specific to spoken language that precedes and directly influences the process of reading acquisition...
- To what extent are emotional visual stimuli processed without attention and awareness?Luiz Pessoa
Department of Psychology, Brown University, 89 Waterman Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 15:188-96. 2005..A better understanding of the neural basis of emotional perception and how it relates to visual attention and awareness is likely to require further refinement of the concepts of automaticity and awareness.
- Factors associated with hypertension awareness, treatment, and control in Ghana, West AfricaC Agyemang
Erasmus Medical Centre, Institute of Health Policy and Management, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hum Hypertens 20:67-71. 2006Hypertension is rapidly becoming a major public health burden in sub-Saharan/Africa but awareness, treatment, and control is lagging behind...
- Investigation of mindfulness meditation practitioners with voxel-based morphometryBritta K Hölzel
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, Justus Liebig University, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 3:55-61. 2008..gray matter concentration for meditators in the right anterior insula, which is involved in interoceptive awareness. This group difference presumably reflects the training of bodily awareness during mindfulness meditation...
- Psychometric proprieties of Spanish version of Mindful Attention Awareness Scale (MAAS)Joaquim Soler
Psychiatry Service de Psiquiatría, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 40:19-26. 2012The Mindful Attention Awareness Scale (MAAS) is a brief and easy to administer scale that mainly assesses the individual’s dispositional capacity to be aware and conscious in day-to-day life experiences...
- Reduced perception of bodily signals in anorexia nervosaOlga Pollatos
Department of Psychology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Eat Behav 9:381-8. 2008Interoceptive awareness is known to be impaired in eating disorders. To date, it has remained unclear whether this variable is related to the construct of interoceptive sensitivity...
- Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment and control among older people in Latin America, India and China: a 10/66 cross-sectional population-based surveyMartin J Prince
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Health Services and Population Research Department, London, UK
J Hypertens 30:177-87. 2012..To estimate the prevalence, social patterning, treatment and control of hypertension among older people in the 10/66 Dementia Research Group developing country sites...
- Masked presentations of emotional facial expressions modulate amygdala activity without explicit knowledgeP J Whalen
Psychiatric Neuroimaging Research Group and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neurosci 18:411-8. 1998..This study, using fMRI in conjunction with masked stimulus presentations, represents an initial step toward determining the role of the amygdala in nonconscious processing...
- Increasing awareness of avian ecological functionCagan H Sekercioglu
Stanford University Center for Conservation Biology, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
Trends Ecol Evol 21:464-71. 2006..Here, I review the ecological functions of birds, link them to ecosystem services and outline research priorities for understanding avian contributions to ecosystem functioning...
- Attentional rubbernecking: cognitive control and personality in emotion-induced blindnessSteven B Most
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Psychon Bull Rev 12:654-61. 2005..Participants lower in harm avoidance were able to reduce emotion-induced blindness under conditions designed to facilitate the ignoring of the emotional stimuli. Those higher in harm avoidance were unable to do so...
- The unconscious will: how the pursuit of goals operates outside of conscious awarenessRuud Custers
Department of Psychology, Utrecht University, Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS Utrecht, Netherlands
Science 329:47-50. 2010..Here we analyze how goal pursuit can possibly operate unconsciously...
- Significance of the insula for the evolution of human awareness of feelings from the bodyA D Bud Craig
Atkinson Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1225:72-82. 2011..insula has appropriate characteristics to support the proposal that it engenders a cinemascopic model of human awareness and subjectivity...
- Emotional theory of mind and emotional awareness in recovered anorexia nervosa patientsAnna Oldershaw
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Section of Eating Disorders, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Psychosom Med 72:73-9. 2010..This is in keeping with observations of similarities between the disorders...
- Attended but unseen: visual attention is not sufficient for visual awarenessR W Kentridge
Department of Psychology, University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Neuropsychologia 46:864-9. 2008Does any one psychological process give rise to visual awareness? One candidate is selective attention-when we attend to something it seems we always see it...
- Integration without awareness: expanding the limits of unconscious processingLiad Mudrik
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Psychol Sci 22:764-70. 2011Human conscious awareness is commonly seen as the climax of evolution. However, what function-if any-it serves in human behavior is still debated...
- Attention but not awareness modulates the BOLD signal in the human V1 during binocular suppressionMasataka Watanabe
School of Engineering, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Science 334:829-31. 2011Although recent psychophysical studies indicate that visual awareness and top-down attention are two distinct processes, it is not clear how they are neurally dissociated in the visual system...
- Attentional resolution and the locus of visual awarenessS He
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 383:334-7. 1996..We suggest that the attentional filter acts in one or more higher visual cortical areas to restrict the availability of visual information to conscious awareness.
- The attentional blink: past, present, and future of a blind spot in perceptual awarenessSander Martens
Neuroimaging Center, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, P O Box 196, 9700 AD, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 34:947-57. 2010..In this review we extract the central questions and the main lessons learnt from the past, and subsequently provide important directions for future research...
- Fast backprojections from the motion to the primary visual area necessary for visual awarenessA Pascual-Leone
Laboratory for Magnetic Brain Stimulation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Kirstein Hall KS454, Boston MA 02115, USA
Science 292:510-2. 2001..of perceptual integration suggest that feedback from secondary visual areas to V1 is necessary for visual awareness. We used transcranial magnetic stimulation to probe the timing and function of feedback from human area MT+/V5 ..
- The role of cingulate cortex in the detection of errors with and without awareness: a high-density electrical mapping studyRedmond G O'Connell
Department of Psychology and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Eur J Neurosci 25:2571-9. 2007..neural network to detect errors during task performance but the brain regions necessary for conscious awareness of an error are poorly understood...
- Direct evidence for a parietal-frontal pathway subserving spatial awareness in humansMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
INSERM Unit 610, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
Science 309:2226-8. 2005..These findings suggest that parietal-frontal communication is necessary for the symmetrical processing of the visual scene...
- Modulating the sense of agency with external cuesJames W Moore
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London, UK
Conscious Cogn 18:1056-64. 2009..We propose that sense of agency is based on a combination of internal motoric signals and external sensory evidence about the source of actions and effects...
- Neural correlates of error awarenessTilmann A Klein
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Science, Stephanstrasse 1a, Germany, 04103 Leipzig
Neuroimage 34:1774-81. 2007..Furthermore autonomic reactions to an error have been reported. The role of conscious error awareness for this processing cascade has received little attention of researchers so far...
- Can sequence learning be implicit? New evidence with the process dissociation procedureA Destrebecqz
Cognitive Science Research Unit, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Psychon Bull Rev 8:343-50. 2001Can we learn without awareness? Although this issue has been extensively explored through studies of implicit learning, there is currently no agreement about the extent to which knowledge can be acquired and projected onto performance in ..
- Altered awareness of action in schizophrenia: a specific deficit in predicting action consequencesMartin Voss
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Hospital, St Hedwig Hospital, Grosse Hamburger Strasse 5 11, Berlin, Germany
Brain 133:3104-12. 2010..The predictive component of action awareness was calculated as the difference between time estimates on 'action only' trials from blocks with lower and ..
- Empirical support for higher-order theories of conscious awarenessHakwan Lau
Department of Psychology, Columbia University, NY 10027, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 15:365-73. 2011Higher-order theories of consciousness argue that conscious awareness crucially depends on higher-order mental representations that represent oneself as being in particular mental states...
- Awareness affects motor planning for goal-oriented actionsChiara Bozzacchi
Department of Education for Motor Activity and Sport, University of Rome Foro Italico, Piazza Lauro de Bosis 15, 00135 Rome, Italy
Biol Psychol 89:503-14. 2012..It is concluded that the action preparation, even in its early phase, is affected by action meaning and by the awareness of being able to perform the requested action.
- The socioeconomic gradient of diabetes prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control among African Americans in the Jackson Heart StudyMario Sims
Jackson Heart Study, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Ann Epidemiol 21:892-8. 2011..We examined the relationship between socioeconomic status (SES) and the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of diabetes among African Americans.
- Defining mindfulness by how poorly I think I pay attention during everyday awareness and other intractable problems for psychology's (re)invention of mindfulness: comment on Brown et al. (2011)Paul Grossman
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Psychol Assess 23:1034-40; discussion 1041-6. 2011..in psychology has resulted in proliferation of self-report inventories that purport to measure mindful awareness as a trait...
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension among Ghanaian population in Amsterdam, The Netherlands: the GHAIA studyCharles Agyemang
University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Prev Cardiol 20:938-46. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess prevalence, levels of awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension among the largest sub-Saharan African group (Ghanaians) living in the ..
- Effects of short-term food deprivation on interoceptive awareness, feelings and autonomic cardiac activityBeate M Herbert
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tuebingen, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Germany
Biol Psychol 89:71-9. 2012..This study investigated changes of interoceptive awareness and cardiac autonomic activity induced by short-term food deprivation and its relationship to hunger and ..
- Trends in prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension, and the risk of mortality among middle-aged Lithuanian urban population in 1983-2009Regina Reklaitiene
Department of Population Studies, Institute of Cardiology, Academy of Medicine, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Sukileliu 17, Kaunas, LT 50140, Lithuanian
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:68. 2012..Only few data was published on prevalence, awareness and management of AH in Lithuania...
- Recall of severe hypoglycaemia and self-estimated state of awareness in type 1 diabetesUlrik Pedersen-Bjergaard
Department of Internal Medicine F, Hillerød Hospital, Helsevej 2, DK 3400 Hillerød, Denmark
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 19:232-40. 2003..with insulin-treated diabetes to remember severe hypoglycaemia and the consistency of their self-estimated awareness of hypoglycaemia are not well documented but are important in clinical practice...
- On the relationship between interoceptive awareness and alexithymia: is interoceptive awareness related to emotional awareness?Beate M Herbert
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tuebingen, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Germany
J Pers 79:1149-75. 2011Interoceptive awareness (IA) is associated with emotional experience, the processing of emotional stimuli, and activation of brain structures that monitor the internal visceral and emotional state of the organism...
- A parietal-premotor network for movement intention and motor awarenessMichel Desmurget
Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, UMR 5229, CNRS, Bron, France
Trends Cogn Sci 13:411-9. 2009..We speculate that movement intention and awareness are generated and monitored in this region...
- Theory of own mind in autism: Evidence of a specific deficit in self-awareness?David Williams
City University, London
Autism 14:474-94. 2010Assuming that self-awareness is not a unitary phenomenon, and that one can be aware of different aspects of self at any one time, it follows that selective impairments in self-awareness can occur...
- How rich is consciousness? The partial awareness hypothesisSid Kouider
Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives and Psycholinguistique, Ecole Normale Supérieure CNRS, 29 rue d Ulm, 75005, Paris, France
Trends Cogn Sci 14:301-7. 2010..a refined account of access that relies on a hierarchy of representational levels and on the notion of partial awareness, whereby lower and higher levels are accessed independently...
- Neurochemical enhancement of conscious error awarenessRobert Hester
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neurosci 32:2619-27. 2012..Diminished awareness of performance errors limits the extent to which humans engage in corrective behavior and has been linked to ..
- Mechanisms of mindfulnessShauna L Shapiro
Department of Counseling Psychology, Santa Clara University, CA 95053 0201, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:373-86. 2006..Potential implications and future directions for the empirical study of mechanisms involved in mindfulness are addressed...
- Sequential modulations of stimulus-response correspondence effects depend on awareness of response conflictWilfried Kunde
University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Psychon Bull Rev 10:198-205. 2003..This suggests that the suppression of automatic response priming is not an immediate consequence of response conflict, but an intention-mediated strategy...
- Physical activity awareness of British adolescentsKirsten Corder
Centre for Diet and Activity Research, Institute of Public Health, Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, United Kingdom
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:603-9. 2011To assess adolescent physical activity (PA) awareness and to investigate associations with biologic and psychosocial factors.
- Expectations change the signatures and timing of electrophysiological correlates of perceptual awarenessLucia Melloni
Department of Neurophysiology, Goethe University, D 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Neurosci 31:1386-96. 2011..These findings indicate that the latency of the neuronal correlates of access to consciousness depend on whether access is driven by stimulus saliency or by a combination of expectations and sensory evidence...
- ERP correlates of conscious error recognition: aware and unaware errors in an antisaccade taskTanja Endrass
Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Institut fur Psychologie, Rudower Chaussee 18, 12489 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 26:1714-20. 2007..With the present study we intended to further investigate to what extent these components are related to error awareness. ERPs were recorded during an antisaccade task, and error awareness was obtained from accuracy ratings on each ..
- Neural mechanisms involved in error processing: a comparison of errors made with and without awarenessRobert Hester
Department of Psychology and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Neuroimage 27:602-8. 2005..In our event-related fMRI experiment, we show that explicit awareness of a response inhibition commission error and subsequent post-error behaviour were associated with bilateral ..
- Conflict-related activity in the caudal anterior cingulate cortex in the absence of awarenessStefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Biol Psychol 80:279-86. 2009..Recent results suggest that these effects may be differentially modulated by awareness. To clarify the role of awareness in performance monitoring by the cACC, we used rapid event-related fMRI to ..
- Awareness modifies the skill-learning benefits of sleepEdwin M Robertson
Laboratory for Magnetic Brain Stimulation, Behavioral Neurology Unit, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Biol 14:208-12. 2004..An important principle shaping these offline improvements may be an individual's awareness of learning a new skill...
- The intralaminar and midline nuclei of the thalamus. Anatomical and functional evidence for participation in processes of arousal and awarenessYsbrand D Van Der Werf
Department of Anatomy, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Graduate School for Neurosciences Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 39:107-40. 2002..to the participation of the midline and intralaminar nuclei in such diverse functions seems to be a role in awareness. It is unknown whether the midline and intralaminar nuclei, together often referred to as the 'non-specific' ..
- The spread of awareness and its impact on epidemic outbreaksSebastian Funk
School of Biological Sciences, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham TW20 0EX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6872-7. 2009..Even if no centralized information is provided about the presence of a disease, such awareness can arise through first-hand observation and word of mouth...
- Neural systems supporting interoceptive awarenessHugo D Critchley
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, and Autonomic Unit, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals, UK
Nat Neurosci 7:189-95. 2004..matter volume in the same region correlated with both interoceptive accuracy and subjective ratings of visceral awareness. Indices of negative emotional experience correlated with interoceptive accuracy across subjects...
- Levels of emotional awareness and autism: an fMRI studyGiorgia Silani
University College London, London, UK
Soc Neurosci 3:97-112. 2008..Regardless of self-reported degree of emotional awareness, individuals with HFA/AS differed from controls when required to introspect on their feelings by showing reduced ..
- White matter (dis)connections and gray matter (dys)functions in visual neglect: gaining insights into the brain networks of spatial awarenessFabrizio Doricchi
Dipartimento di Psicologia 39, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cortex 44:983-95. 2008..Finally, we address the issue of diagnostic criteria to be used in future anatomo-clinical studies aiming at investigating the role of white matter and gray matter dysfunctions in spatial neglect...
- High-level face adaptation without awarenessWendy J Adams
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
Psychol Sci 21:205-10. 2010When a visual stimulus is suppressed from awareness, processing of the suppressed image is necessarily reduced...
- Absent-mindedness: Lapses of conscious awareness and everyday cognitive failuresJames Allan Cheyne
Department of Psychology, University of Waterloo, Canada
Conscious Cogn 15:578-92. 2006..ARCES was found to be associated with a more direct measure of propensity to attention lapses (Mindful Attention Awareness Scale--MAAS) and to errors on an existing behavioral measure of sustained attention (Sustained Attention to ..
- Self-monitoring without awareness: using mimicry as a nonconscious affiliation strategyClara Michelle Cheng
Ohio State University, Department of Psychology, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 85:1170-9. 2003..of self-monitoring by examining whether self-monitoring motives and behaviors can operate outside of conscious awareness. Two studies examined nonconscious mimicry among high and low self-monitors in situations varying in affiliative ..
- Attentional modulation of sensorimotor processes in the absence of perceptual awarenessPetroc Sumner
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Tower Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10520-5. 2006Attention modulates visual perception and is generally considered inextricably linked with conscious awareness: we become aware of stimuli as we attend to them, and we attend to stimuli as we become aware of them...
- How ongoing fluctuations in human visual cortex predict perceptual awareness: baseline shift versus decision biasValentin Wyart
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 06, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7225, S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris F 75013, France
J Neurosci 29:8715-25. 2009..We found that prestimulus gamma-band fluctuations in lateral occipital areas (LO) predicted visual awareness, but did not reflect the focus of spatial attention...
- Awareness of action: Inference and predictionJames Moore
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Conscious Cogn 17:136-44. 2008This study investigates whether the conscious awareness of action is based on predictive motor control processes, or on inferential "sense-making" process that occur after the action itself...
- Awareness of the functioning of one's own limbs mediated by the insular cortex?Hans Otto Karnath
Department of Cognitive Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Neurosci 25:7134-8. 2005..Our finding corresponds with this observation and suggests that the insular cortex is integral to self-awareness and to one's beliefs about the functioning of body parts.
- Who is causing what? The sense of agency is relational and efferent-triggeredKai Engbert
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Department of Psychology, Stephanstrasse 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Cognition 107:693-704. 2008..Previous studies [Haggard, P., Aschersleben, G., Gehrke, J., & Prinz, W. (2002a). Action, binding and awareness. In W. Prinz, & B. Hommel (Eds.), Common mechanisms in perception and action: Attention and performance (Vol...
- Neural correlates of dispositional mindfulness during affect labelingJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychosom Med 69:560-5. 2007..Converging evidence from the mindfulness and neuroscience literature suggests that labeling affect may be one mechanism for these effects...
- Fertility awareness, intentions concerning childbearing, and attitudes towards parenthood among female and male academicsC Lampic
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala Science Park, S 751 83 Uppsala, Sweden
Hum Reprod 21:558-64. 2006..The aim was to investigate university students' intentions and attitudes to future parenthood and their awareness regarding female fertility.
- Interoception across modalities: on the relationship between cardiac awareness and the sensitivity for gastric functionsBeate M Herbert
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Tuebingen, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e36646. 2012The individual sensitivity for ones internal bodily signals ("interoceptive awareness") has been shown to be of relevance for a broad range of cognitive and affective functions...
- World Hypertension Day and global awarenessArun Chockalingam
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada
Can J Cardiol 24:441-4. 2008..To address this problem, the WHL initiated a global awareness campaign on hypertension in 2005 and dedicated May 17 of each year as World Hypertension Day (WHD)...
- Motion integration and postdiction in visual awarenessD M Eagleman
Sloan Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 287:2036-8. 2000..We propose an alternative in which visual awareness is neither predictive nor online but is postdictive, so that the percept attributed to the time of the flash is ..
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of dyslipidemia among adults in Beijing, ChinaLi Cai
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
J Atheroscler Thromb 19:159-68. 2012The present study aimed to determine the up-to-date prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of dyslipidemia, and their distribution and related influencing factors in adults in Beijing, China.
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, control, and risk factors associated with hypertension in urban adults from 33 communities of China: the CHPSNE studyXiu Jun Meng
Division of Neurology, Fourth Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Hypertens 29:1303-10. 2011To assess the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension and their associated factors in an urban Chinese population.
- Fearful expressions gain preferential access to awareness during continuous flash suppressionEunice Yang
Psychology Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Emotion 7:882-6. 2007Rapid evaluation of ecologically relevant stimuli may lead to their preferential access to awareness. Continuous flash suppression allows assessment of affective processing under conditions in which stimuli have been rendered invisible ..
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in rural adults from Liaoning Province, northeast ChinaGuanghui Dong
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang, PR China
Hypertens Res 30:951-8. 2007..However, information on the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in these impoverished areas is very scarce...
- Adolescent males' awareness of and willingness to try electronic cigarettesJessica K Pepper
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7440, USA
J Adolesc Health 52:144-50. 2013..We sought to understand awareness of and willingness to try e-cigarettes among adolescent males, a group that is at risk for smoking initiation ..
- Developing treatments of persistent persecutory delusions: the impact of an emotional processing and metacognitive awareness interventionClaire Hepworth
Department of Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:653-8. 2011..We therefore piloted a new brief intervention-the Emotional Processing and Metacognitive Awareness (EPMA)-on 12 patients with persistent persecutory delusions...
- Increased attentional demands impair contralesional space awareness following strokeMario Bonato
Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Neuropsychologia 48:3934-40. 2010Rate and severity of contralesional loss of awareness following stroke is highly variable across patients and assessment methods...
- Improved modulation of rostrolateral prefrontal cortex using real-time fMRI training and meta-cognitive awarenessR Graeme McCaig
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
Neuroimage 55:1298-305. 2011..the rostrolateral prefrontal cortex (RLPFC), or the lateral part of the anterior PFC, by using a meta-cognitive awareness strategy...
- Stroke awareness decreases prehospital delay after acute ischemic stroke in KoreaYoung Seo Kim
Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
BMC Neurol 11:2. 2011..Our study aimed to investigate factors associated with prehospital delay after acute ischemic stroke in Korea...
- Hypertension awareness and psychological distressMark Hamer
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, 1 19 Torrington Pl, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Hypertension 56:547-50. 2010..b>Awareness of hypertension was confirmed through a physician diagnosis or the use of antihypertensive medication, and ..
- Prevention of Complications in ThalassemiaElliott P Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..The tremendous influx in the Asian population and growing awareness of thalassemia and its complications have created an increased demand for patient services, education, and ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 DENNIS PATTRATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..to improve access to and sharing of biomedical information resources throughout the nation;to promote awareness of, access to, and use of biomedical information resources for health professionals and the public, with a ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2010..to improve access to and sharing of biomedical information resources throughout the nation;to promote awareness of, access to, and use of biomedical information resources for health professionals and the public, with a ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..to improve access to and sharing of biomedical information resources throughout the nation;to promote awareness of, access to, and use of biomedical information resources for health professionals and the public, with a ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 7TAMARA COMBS; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1Colleen Cuddy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Investigating Mechanism of Intracellular Rotational Transport with Optical TJeffrey N Anker; Fiscal Year: 2012..in medicine (diagnostics and therapeutics), electronics, cosmetics, and textiles and the corresponding awareness of the toxicity from such nanoparticles, there is a critical need to develop methods to evaluate their toxicity, ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1KATE BURR OLIVER; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2012
- TLR4 Inhibition to Reduce Cerebral Ischemia Reperfusion InjuryLORI ANN HOLLE; Fiscal Year: 2011..There is growing awareness of the vital role played by the innate immune system in IRI...
- Monitoring cellular redox signaling and oxidant stress in vivoPaul T Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2010..As the awareness of the role of redox stress in health and disease has grown, the demand for new tools to monitor oxidant stress ..
- Regulation of microRNA-375 by cyclic-AMP in pancreatic beta-cellsDAVID MATTHEW KELLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is a growing awareness in [unreadable]- cell biology that small non-coding RNA molecules called microRNAs play a major role in ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Efficacy of Yoga for Treatment-Resistant PTSDBessel Van der Kolk; Fiscal Year: 2010..tests for PTSD, 2) other psychiatric conditions, 3) measures of affect and mood regulation, 4) body awareness, 5) quality of life, 6) health care utilization, 7) resting heart rate (HR) and heart rate variability (HRV)...
- Understanding Pain of Gastrointestinal Origin in Women that Serve in OEF/OIFBeverley Greenwood-Van Meerveld; Fiscal Year: 2013..have shown that symptoms of abdominal pain are due to visceral hypersensitivity characterized by increased awareness of visceral stimuli in Gulf War Veterans (GWV) and that symptoms are worsened by stress, suggesting a link ..
- Transgenerational effects of endocrine disruptors: epigenetics and physiologyRebecca A Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proof of the principle of prenatal programming by environmental contaminants may change our awareness of critical assessment of the risk of such compounds.
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Community outreach efforts of the Study's Partnership for Community Awareness and Health Education provides the Jackson-area community with practical, up-to-date information on reduction of ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Community outreach efforts of the Study's Partnership for Community Awareness and Health Education provides the Jackson-area community with practical, up-to-date information on reduction of ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Community outreach efforts of the Study's Partnership for Community Awareness and Health Education provides the Jackson-area community with practical, up-to-date information on reduction of ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Ferritin: Protein/mRNA/DNA in Fe/O Regulation/MetabolismELIZABETH C contact THEIL; Fiscal Year: 2010..in ferritin can be translated to drug targeting, and for the linked peptide-chelator, to iron chelation in Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassemia, Hereditary Hemochromatosis, and to the emerging awareness of iron in malaria and diabetes.
- The role of novel, uncultivable bacteria in incident PIDCATHERINE L contact HAGGERTY; Fiscal Year: 2011..have known resistance to a number of PID treatment regimens, highlighting the importance of this study to raise awareness for the potential need to revise clinical guidelines in order to preserve fertility and prevent chronic pain in ..
- Secondary Muscle Pathology &Metabolic Dysregulation in Adult with Cerebral PalsyMark Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..physical activity and dietary interventions for children and adults with CP;and (3) To bolster public health awareness regarding chronic disease risks for specific sub-populations with disabilities...
- Biofilm Infections in Postsurgical, Trauma, and Critically Ill PatientsCarol L Wells; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is increasing awareness that biofilms are involved in the majority of infectious diseases, especially those in postsurgical, trauma, and ..
- Assessment of Bone Composition Through a Novel Liquid/Solid State MRI MethodAra Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2013..While DXA imaging has been a useful tool to raise awareness and assess fragility fracture risks in individuals at risk, the inherent limitations associated with this ..
- Assessment of Bone Composition Through a Novel Liquid/Solid State MRI MethodAra Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2011..While DXA imaging has been a useful tool to raise awareness and assess fragility fracture risks in individuals at risk, the inherent limitations associated with this ..
- A Pilot Study of Yoga for Breathing and Quality of Life of Lung Cancer PatientsJUDITH MARIE FOULADBAKHSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..spirometry values, respiratory rate, reported dyspnea intensity and discomfort, oxygenation, and breathing awareness of Stage I-IIIa NSCLC patients as compared with a health education group;and (2) Evaluate the effects of a ..
- Fifth International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease in the MEChangiz Geula; Fiscal Year: 2009..Also, public awareness of dementia in the Middle East is low, and in many cases demented patients do not receive medical attention...
- The 24th Annual Symposium on Career Opportunities in Health Professions from ApriThomas Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of the 24th AMHPS Symposium is to increase the awareness of biomedical science and health professions careers among minority student...
- Biomarkers of Interoceptive Awareness in Adolescent Anorexia NervosaNANCY L contact ZUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Community-based Family Planning Intervention to Reduce Partner ViolenceElizabeth Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..counselors (non-licensed community-based health educators) consists of: 1) Enhanced Screening to increase client awareness of IPV/SA and facilitate IPV/SA disclosure, 2) Harm Reduction Counseling to assist clients in developing harm ..
- Patient Awareness and Consumer Education Research Cente*Maria E Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the creation of a comprehensive interdisciplinary Patient Awareness and Consumer Education Research Center with an overarching vision of supporting and empowering consumers of ..
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..obtained during colonoscopy, that metrics are different for beginning versus experienced endoscopists, and that awareness of monitoring alters endoscopist behavior...
- Second International Hidradenitis Suppurativa Research SymposiumMichelle Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..be able to minimize total symposium costs while maximizing attendance, which is critical in creating greater awareness for this under-recognized and poorly understood disease...
- Telephone screening test for hearing using three-digit sequences in noise.Charles Watson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful development and implementation of such a test has the potential to greatly increase awareness of hearing disorders and the numbers of persons with hearing impairment who seek services...
- Enhancing Clergy Suicide Prevention and ReferralRICHARD CHARLES GOLDSWORTHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..this need by developing and validating evidence-based and theory-driven training materials to increase suicide awareness and suicide prevention skills among faith leaders...
- REGULATION OF IMMUNE RESPONSE IN THE ORAL CAVITYSuzanne Michalek; Fiscal Year: 2003Public awareness of emerging infectious diseases and that infectious diseases continue to be the leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide has fostered a need to develop better means for prevention and treatment...
- Assessing space and feature based attention with fMRI and multivoxel pattern analJohn Serences; Fiscal Year: 2010..feat is accomplished is an important first step towards revealing the neural mechanisms that support conscious awareness. Theoretical studies suggest that perception is based on small populations of neurons that pool their output, ..
- Designing Life: Stories from the Bioethical FrontierLAURIE DONNELLY; Fiscal Year: 2010..of biotechnology's growing potential to alter lives and complicate healthcare decisions plus affect their awareness of and engagement in the ethical issues the project raises...
- Utah Center for Exploring Mind-Body Interactions (UCEMB*Yoshio Nakamura; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary focus of the proposed research is somatic awareness and its control through mind-body interactions, and the secondary focus is systematic investigations of ..
- Awareness Enhancement and Monitoring Device for Treatment of TrichotillomaniaJoseph Himle; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The proposed research will develop a wearable awareness enhancement and monitoring device (AEMD) which will assist the treatment of trichotillomania, a repetitive hair pulling disorder ..
- AMPLIFICATION, MIDDLE EAR PATHOLOGY AND ACADEMIC SUCCESSNICKOLA NELSON; Fiscal Year: 1993The proposed study aims to explore the effects of classroom sound field amplification on phonological awareness, concept comprehension, and teacher ratings of educational risk among first grade children with and without middle ear ..
- Pregnancy Intentions of HIV-Infected Women: Forwarding a Research AgendaSofia Gruskin; Fiscal Year: 2009..With the advent of increased access to ART, and with HIV researchers'growing awareness of pregnancy related issues, recent studies have begun to show that many HIV-infected women are nonetheless ..
- Brain-Based Measures for Treatment Development of Impaired Cognition in SchizophrCameron S Carter; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Over the past decade there has been a growing awareness of the disabling and treatment refractory effects of impaired cognition in schizophrenia, which results in performance deficits that are ..
- 41st Annual Meeting of the Society for Leukocyte BiologyJill Suttles; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent research advances have heightened the awareness that therapies targeting leukocyte function in disease treatment must take into account the specialized features ..
- A PRACTICUM IN CLINICAL RESEARCH ETHICSDavid Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2000..on research participation has provoked a constructive re-evaluation of the standard of informed consent and an awareness of its practical limitations...
- A PRACTICUM IN CLINICAL RESEARCH ETHICSDavid Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2001..on research participation has provoked a constructive re-evaluation of the standard of informed consent and an awareness of its practical limitations...
- MARYLAND SPECIAL POPULATIONS CANCER NETWORKClaudia Baquet; Fiscal Year: 2004..Objectives of the Network are to: 1.) Build a network infrastructure to foster cancer awareness activities in MD; 2.) Establish partnerships to support enhanced minority participation in research; 3...
- SBIR PHASE I TOPIC #177: ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF INTERT Tanner; Fiscal Year: 2000..3. Develop instruments to measure self-efficacy (confidence in ability to find quality health information), awareness of resources (including the variety of potential experiences on the Internet including chat and bulletin boards),..
- Promoting Sleep Health in Pediatric Primary Care Settings: A Web-based CME CourseLisa Marceau; Fiscal Year: 2009..The importance of raising the awareness of and focusing on healthy sleep in the pediatric population is essential for several key reasons: " Inadequate ..
- PARENT ASSISTED SMOKING CESSATIONNancy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2000..project provides a unique opportunity to intervene with adolescent smokers who are court-mandated into a tobacco awareness and cessation program...
- Towards the neuronal correlates of visual awarenessGabriel Kreiman; Fiscal Year: 2009..on one particular aspect of conscious experience: the neuronal mechanisms and circuits that underlie visual awareness. We propose to study visual awareness using a combination of neurophysiology, psychophysics and electrical ..
- Innovative Systems & Educational Tools to Advance an Established Diabetic RetinopGARY GREGORY; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology has the potential to increase the awareness of PCPs and their patients of the significant risks of DR while advancing patient access and compliance with ..
- WSTDtv: Adolescent Multimedia STD Prevention CurriculumRichard Goldsworthy; Fiscal Year: 2009..project addresses the need for a readily available, developmentally appropriate, engaging, and effective HIV/STD awareness and prevention curriculum for schools...