Summary: Advice and support given to individuals to help them understand and resolve their sexual adjustment problems. It excludes treatment for PSYCHOSEXUAL DISORDERS or PSYCHOSEXUAL DYSFUNCTION.
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- A new combination treatment for premature ejaculation: a sex therapist's perspectiveMichael A Perelman
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY, USA
J Sex Med 3:1004-12. 2006..Such a combination approach would result in prolonged ejaculatory latency, improved treatment satisfaction, and superior long-term outcome...
- Youth, sexuality and sex education messages in Indonesia: issues of desire and controlBrigitte M Holzner
Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, The Netherlands
Reprod Health Matters 12:40-9. 2004..Meanwhile, young Indonesians are engaging in different forms of sexual relationships and finding their own sources of information, independent of government, religion and international organisations...
- Sexuality in persons with limb amputation: a meaningful discussion of re-integrationMakoto Ide
St Mary s Hospital, Rehabilitation Centre, Kurume, Japan
Disabil Rehabil 26:939-43. 2004..Indeed, the number of published studies on the sexuality of this population is apparently fewer than the number of studies on the sexuality of persons with central nervous system impairment...
- Loss of sexual desire in the postmenopausal womanKevan Wylie
Porterbrook Clinic, Sheffield, UK
J Sex Med 4:395-405. 2007..Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) is a common clinical problem that may bother women...
- Contradictions in the medical encounter: female sexual dysfunction in primary care contactsA Sarkadi
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala Science Park, 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Fam Pract 18:161-6. 2001..The role of GPs might therefore consist of supporting these services and identifying female sexual dysfunction in type 2 diabetes, a problem that middle-aged and older women have difficulty communicating...
- Behavioral counseling to prevent sexually transmitted infections: a systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceJennifer S Lin
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:497-508, W96-9. 2008..Despite advances in prevention and treatment, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) remain an important cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States...
- Pilot intervention to enhance sexual rehabilitation for couples after treatment for localized prostate carcinomaAndrea L Canada
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77230, USA
Cancer 104:2689-700. 2005....
- Performances of sexuality counselling: a framework for provider-client encountersAnke van der Kwaak
Royal Tropical Institute, Development Policy and Practice, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 81:338-42. 2010..Little evidence exists concerning the most effective training, and management of health staff engaged in sexuality, reproductive health and HIV related health services. This paper proposes a framework for analysing these encounters...
- Finding help for sexual problems after prostate cancer treatment: a phone survey of men's and women's perspectivesLeah E Neese
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Psychooncology 12:463-73. 2003....
- [Sexual disorders in the aging male]M E Beutel
Klinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen
Urologe A 43:285-90. 2004..Sexual dysfunctions in aging result from physical, psychological, partner-related changes and lifestyles. These should be considered in the diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunctions in the aging male...
- Sexology and epidemiologyKenneth J Zucker
Arch Sex Behav 36:1-3. 2007
- Journey into the realm of requests for help presented to sexual medicine specialists: introducing male sexual distressEdoardo S Pescatori
Andrology Service, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Sex Med 4:762-70. 2007..The recent availability of noninvasive pharmacological remedies for male sexual function triggered an exponential increase in the number of men requesting help in the sexuality area...
- Cervical cancer: issues of sexuality and fertilityJeanne Carter
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:1229-34; discussion 1234-6, 1239, 1242. 2003..However, medical professionals can identify individuals and organizations with expertise in treating sexual and fertility concerns, which can be provided to their patients, making help with these problems more accessible as needs arise...
- Sexuality following hematopoietic cell transplantationD Kathryn Tierney
Clin J Oncol Nurs 8:43-7. 2004..Healthcare providers caring for patients undergoing HCT need to initiate discussions about the impact of HCT on sexuality pretransplant and continue those discussions throughout and following the treatment process...
- Sexual assessment: research and clinicalLinda U Krebs
School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, C288 18, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:515-29; v. 2007....
- [What is sexual therapy?]Tapani Vuola
Oy Organon Ab PL 101, 00241 Helsinki
Duodecim 119:261-6. 2003
- Sexuality in women with cancerMargaret Barton-Burke
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:531-54; vi. 2007..There is a need for research about effective interventions, and there is a need to educate nurses to help change practice through communication about a topic that makes both the patient and the nurse uncomfortable...
- Sexual rehabilitation of women with a spinal cord injuryE Forsythe
Barts and the London Medical School, London, UK
Spinal Cord 44:234-41. 2006..Literature review and a qualitative study...
- [Factors affecting clinical application of sex therapy for erectile dysfunction]Shu wei Hao
Department of Medical Psychology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, 100083, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:811-3. 2006..To discuss the factors that affect the clinical application of sex therapy for erectile dysfunction (ED)...
- Couple characteristics and outcome of therapy in vaginismusI M R Goonewardene
Ceylon Med J 50:95; author reply 96. 2005
- Evaluation and treatment of unconsummated marriages among Orthodox Jewish couplesDavid S Ribner
Sex Therapy Training Program, School of Social Work, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Sex Marital Ther 31:341-53. 2005..Our focus includes both the Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox (Haredi) elements of the Jewish community...
- Female hypoactive sexual desire disorder: History and current statusRobert Segraves
Department of Psychiatry, MetroHealth, Cleveland, OH 44122, USA
J Sex Med 3:408-18. 2006..Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) is a common problem that is often treatment refractory. This refractoriness to treatment is reflective of our lack of knowledge concerning the determinants of sexual libido in women...
- The psychology of premature ejaculation: therapies and consequencesStanley Althof
Center for Marital and Sexual Health of South Florida, FL 11100, USA
J Sex Med 3:324-31. 2006..PE can impact both the patient's and his partner's quality of life...
- Couple characteristics and outcome of therapy in vaginismusThiloma Munasinghe
Medical Officer, The Central STD Clinic, National STD AIDS Control Programme, Colombo
Ceylon Med J 49:54-7. 2004..To describe couple characteristics and outcome of therapy in vaginismus...
- [Sexuality and health]Michael Berner
Universitätsklinikum Freiburg Abt Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie und Informationszentrum für Sexualität und Gesundheit e V
Krankenpfl J 42:118-9. 2004
- Premature ejaculationHenry Intili
Decatur County Health Department, Bainbridge, GA, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 14:43-6. 2006
- Ejaculatory restrictions as a factor in the treatment of Haredi (Ultraorthodox) Jewish couplesDavid S Ribner
School of Social Work, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Arch Sex Behav 33:303-8; discussion 309-10. 2004..A second focus is a model for a constructive working alliance between clinicians and clergy...
- Sexuality in chronic lung diseaseTeresa Tarnowski Goodell
Oregon Health and Science University School of Nursing, 3455 SW US Veterans Hospital Road SN6S, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:631-8; viii. 2007..It is apparent that more research is needed so that we can help these patients and their partners continue to have quality sexual relationships...
- Female hypoactive sexual desire disorder: epidemiology, diagnosis and treatmentJulia Jill K Warnock
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135 2512, USA
CNS Drugs 16:745-53. 2002..Clinical trials are presently underway to assess medications that may potentially benefit female patients with HSDD...
- Growing up and seeking guidanceIrwin Goldstein
J Sex Med 5:1515-7. 2008
- Management of hypoactive sexual desire disorderRobert Taylor Segraves
Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Adv Psychosom Med 29:23-32. 2008..Endocrinopathies are common causes of male problems with libido. There is minimal evidence available concerning the treatment of psychological etiologies of low sexual desire in men...
- ProsCan for Couples: randomised controlled trial of a couples-based sexuality intervention for men with localised prostate cancer who receive radical prostatectomySuzanne K Chambers
Viertel Centre for Research in Cancer Control, Cancer Council Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Cancer 8:226. 2008..nurse counselling) on men's and women's sexual and psychosocial adjustment after surgical treatment for localised prostate cancer; in addition to cost-effectiveness...
- Pharmacological therapy for the treatment of sexual dysfunction--are we there yet?Raymond A Costabile
J Urol 179:819-20. 2008
- [Men and women--aspects of sexological counseling in the aging]K Bischof
Zürcher Institut für klinische Sexologie und Sexualtherapie ZISS, Zurich
Ther Umsch 62:807-11. 2005..Aside from pharmacological treatment, the encouragement of sexual learning presents an effective therapeutic approach for practitioners that can be easily learned and applied...
- Sexuality and health challenges: responding to a public health imperativeMichael W Ross
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Public Health, University of Texas, PO Box 20036, Houston, TX 77225, USA
J Sex Res 39:7-9. 2002..Presented here are U.S. data on the public health dimensions of human sexuality and the evidence for the urgent need to address the magnitude of sexually related public health problems...
- Including sexuality in your nursing practiceJudith A Shell
Osceola Cancer Center, 737 West Oak Street, Kissimmee, FL 34741, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:685-96; ix. 2007....
- A videotape intervention for sexual counseling after myocardial infarctionElaine E Steinke
School of Nursing, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260 0041, USA
Heart Lung 31:348-54. 2002..The purpose of this study was to describe the development and testing of a videotape intervention for sexual counseling after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Editor's introduction and call for papers: education and training in marital and family therapyThorana S Nelson
J Marital Fam Ther 34:268. 2008
- The Bolger conference on PDE-5 inhibition and HIV risk: implications for health policy and preventionRaymond C Rosen
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Sex Med 3:960-75; discussion 973-5. 2006..Recent reports have linked the use of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors with increased rates of high-risk sexual behavior and HIV transmission in some individuals...
- Correlates of unprotected sex among adult heterosexual men living with HIVJoel Milam
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue MS9175, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Urban Health 83:669-81. 2006..121) were examined to determine whether patient characteristics can be used as a basis for tailoring safer sex counseling in the clinic setting...
- Contraception use, family planning, and unprotected sex: few differences among HIV-infected and uninfected postpartum women in four US statesTracey E Wilson
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:608-13. 2003..Counseling to decrease sexual risk behaviors should begin prior to or early in the postpartum period and include discussion of both reproductive and disease transmission issues...
- SafeTalk, a multicomponent, motivational interviewing-based, safer sex counseling program for people living with HIV/AIDS: a qualitative assessment of patients' viewsCarol E Golin
Department of Medicine, UNC School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:237-45. 2010....
- Start Talking About Risks: development of a Motivational Interviewing-based safer sex program for people living with HIVCarol E Golin
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
AIDS Behav 11:S72-83. 2007..Below, we describe: (1) the development of the Start Talking About Risks (STAR) MI-based safer sex counseling program for PLWHA at our clinic site; (2) the intervention itself; and (3) lessons learned from implementing ..
- Implementation and evaluation of a clinic-based behavioral intervention: positive steps for patients with HIVLytt I Gardner
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:627-35. 2008..Cohort patients' self-reported receipt of safer-sex counseling at all, some, or no clinic visits during the interval between baseline and first follow-up showed a dose-..
- Predictors of successful sexual partnering of adults with spina bifidaClaudia Gatti
Spina Bifida Rehabilitation Center, Ospedale Maggiore, Parma, Italy
J Urol 182:1911-6. 2009..We assessed sexual education and function of adults with spina bifida to identify predictors of relationships and sexual activity...
- Premature ejaculation: the scope of the problemTricia Barnes
Tricia Barnes and Associates, London, United Kingdom
J Sex Marital Ther 33:151-70. 2007..The approach most likely to provide success is a combination of cognitive and sex therapy with a pharmacologic agent of proven efficacy that has an easy-to-follow dosing regimen...
- Arthritis and sexualityAnn Mabe Newman
School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:621-30; vii. 2007..Clients may need to be taught to be creative and to be willing to experiment. Learning the relaxation response, in addition to fantasizing and guided imagery, can enhance the sexual experience for people who have arthritis...
- Couple characteristics and outcome of therapy in vaginismusI M R Goponewardene
Ceylon Med J 49:148-9; author reply 149. 2004
- Female sexual function during pregnancy and after childbirthMaurizio Serati
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Del Ponte Hospital, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Sex Med 7:2782-90. 2010..Healthy sexual function during pregnancy and after childbirth is one of the cornerstones for couples to evolve from partners to parents...
- Improving care for women after gynecological cancer: the development of a sexuality clinicLisa Barbera
Odette Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Menopause 18:1327-33. 2011..The most common interventions were education and counseling. Patients reported high levels of satisfaction with their experience at the clinic. We hope our experience may be of assistance to others considering a similar endeavor...
- [Sexual dysfunctions from a neuropsychiatric perspective]W Weig
Niedersächsisches Landeskrankenhaus Osnabrück, Osnabruck
Nervenarzt 77:101-8; quiz 109. 2006..Psychiatric and neurologic disorders play an important role. Normally, treatment consists of qualified sex counseling and, if necessary, intensive sex therapy. Somatic treatment options exist as well.
- The effects of injectable hormonal contraceptives on HIV seroconversion and on sexually transmitted infectionsHandan Wand
The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
AIDS 26:375-80. 2012..To investigate the association between hormonal contraceptives and risk of HIV-1 seroconversion and prevalence of other sexually transmitted infections...
- Perinatal HIV counseling and rapid testing in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico: seroprevalence and correlates of HIV infectionRolando M Viani
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0672, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:87-92. 2006..To evaluate the acceptance of counseling and rapid HIV testing and to determine the associated risk factors for HIV infection in pregnant women in Baja California, Mexico...
- Barriers to addressing patient sexuality in nursing practiceMorris A Magnan
School of Nursing, Oakland University, Rochester, MI, USA
Medsurg Nurs 14:282-9; quiz 290. 2005..Findings of this study suggest that educational programs are needed to help nurses develop confidence and comfort in dealing with patient sexuality...
- [The personalized health care process in oncosexology: a new health care offer in the service of both patients and health carers]Pierre Bondil
Centre Hospitalier, Service d Urologie Andrologie, Chambery, France
Bull Cancer 99:499-507. 2012....
- What keeps nurses from the sexual counseling of patients with heart failure?Tialda Hoekstra
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Heart Lung 41:492-9. 2012..We sought to examine the current practice of discussing sexual health by heart failure (HF) nurses, and to explore which barriers prevent nurses from discussing sexuality...
- A pilot trial of integrated behavioral activation and sexual risk reduction counseling for HIV-uninfected men who have sex with men abusing crystal methamphetamineMatthew J Mimiaga
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:681-93. 2012..Due to the small sample size and time intensive intervention, future testing in a randomized design is necessary to determine efficacy, with subsequent effectiveness testing...
- Barriers to sexual activity: counselling spinal cord injured women in MalaysiaP E Julia
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Spinal Cord 49:791-4. 2011..This study is a cross-sectional, face-to-face interview...
- Depression and sexualityChristine Reynaert
Cliniques Universitaires de Mont Godinne 5530 Yvoir, Psychosomatic Unit, University of Louvain, Belgium
Psychiatr Danub 22:S111-3. 2010..affective disorders are commonly considered as specific psychiatric disorders treated with antidepressants and psychotherapy without links with sexotherapy...
- Communicating about sexual concerns within cardiac health services: do service providers and service users agree?Molly Byrne
School of Psychology, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Patient Educ Couns 92:398-403. 2013..We compared the views of cardiac healthcare providers and patients in terms of their experiences of communication about sexual issues...
- Erectile dysfunctionKevan Wylie
Porterbrook Clinic, Nether Edge Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Adv Psychosom Med 29:33-49. 2008..In combination and with treatment of concurrent comorbid states, these interventions will often bring about successful resolution of symptoms and avoid the need for surgical interventions...
- Surrogate versus couple therapy in vaginismusItzhak Ben-Zion
Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Sex Med 4:728-33. 2007....
- [Paraphilia, sexual preference disorders. Diagnosis, etiology, epidemiology, treatment and prevention]Wolfgang Berner
Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg Eppendorf, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:33-43. 2007..Beside these general measures, institutions which offer special treatment for people in danger to become delinquents may be able to prevent serious harm for possible victims of abuse...
- [Sexuality and pharmacotherapy. Medication-induced disorders of sexual response and pharmacotherapeutic options for the treatment of sexual dysfunctions]Uwe Hartmann
Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:19-32. 2007..As sexual dysfunctions are often caused by a mixture of psychological and organic factors, treatment strategies combining pharmacological options and sex therapy are advocated...
- Chronic illness care for lesbian, gay, & bisexual individualsSuzanne L Dibble
Institute for Health and Aging, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:655-74; viii. 2007....
- One-to-one counselling can reduce STI riskRichard Ma
Practitioner 251:81-7. 2007
- Research into the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of brief, free of charge and anonymous sex counselling to improve (mental) health in youth: design of a randomised controlled trialAndrea Grauvogl
Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 9:459. 2009..In the current study we will evaluate the (cost-) effectiveness of brief sex counselling for sexual problems in adolescents and young adults between 18 and 25 years of age...
- [Transsexualism or delusions of sex change? Avoiding misdiagnosis]Małgorzata Urban
Klinika Zaburzeń Afektywnych i Psychotycznych UM w Łodzi
Psychiatr Pol 43:719-28. 2009..g. cardiovascular disease, risk of neoplasma development, infertility, consequences of surgical sex reassignment). That is why the differential diagnosis of transsexualism and schizophrenia should be made carefully and thoughtfully...
- [Sexual problems: an issue for the family physician]Hartmut A G Bosinski
Sektion für Sexualmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
MMW Fortschr Med 150:26. 2008
- Management and outcome of primary vaginismusCherng Jye Jeng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Sex Marital Ther 32:379-87. 2006..Because of our high success rate, we encourage vaginismic women and their partners to accept aggressive management...
- Management of psychosexual and relationship problems in general mental health services by psychiatry traineesK Rele
Department of General Adult Psychiatry, Intensive Treatment Service, Longley Centre, Sheffield, UK
Int J Clin Pract 61:1701-4. 2007....
- Preliminary counseling with age-related fertility rates does not influence whether women undergo reversal of sterilizationYolanda A Butt
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Fertil Steril 85:1833-6. 2006..There was no apparent influence; this raises the question as to whether couples seeking fertility therapy base their decision making on factual information provided by the clinician...
- [Sexuality of women living with HIV/AIDS in São Paulo]Vera Paiva
Núcleo de Estudos para a Prevenção da AIDS, Departamento de Psicologia Social, Instituto de Psicologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 18:1609-20. 2002..Counseling on sexuality should be a continuing process and requires interdisciplinary training for the professional team working in health care services, with an emphasis on sexual and reproductive rights...
- [Sexual counseling during medical consultation with adolescents]D Wyss
Unite multidisciplinaire de santé des adolescents, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne
Praxis (Bern 1994) 89:17-22. 2000..For instance, specific situations and issues are regularly discussed during weekly multidisciplinary meetings bringing all the members of the staff together...
- Innovations in adolescent reproductive and sexual health education in Santiago de Chile: effects of physician leadership and direct serviceTarayn Grizzard
Harvard Medical School, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 59:207-9. 2004....
- The Bali STD/AIDS study: human papillomavirus infection among female sex workersKathleen Ford
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 3028, USA
Int J STD AIDS 14:681-7. 2003..03). HPV infection declined in the study area with the more intensive educational programme (P <0.01). The prevalence of HPV infection declined over time and was associated with study area and age of woman...
- 'Stret tokers'--taking sexual health promotion to the village level in East New Britain Province, Papua New GuineaL J Natoli
Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
P N G Med J 54:123-31. 2011..At the same time there have been many challenges and lessons learned of potential value to other community-based initiatives in Papua New Guinea...
- Female sexual dysfunctionBriana Walton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington Hospital Center, 106 Irving Street, NW, Suite 2100 North POB, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 3:319-26. 2003..The continued quest to understand female sexual function and dysfunction requires more education and research on treatment of underlying medical conditions and use of pharmacologic therapies...
- [Sexuality in the aged]H J Berberich
Frankfurt a M Höchst
Urologe A 43:1076-81. 2004..This has to be considered in diagnosis and treatment. Principally, there is no difference between the treatment of older and younger sexual partners..
- Ethical principles in the counseling of gay and lesbian adolescents: issues of autonomy, competence, and confidentialityM R Sobocinski
School of Education, University of Denver
Prof Psychol Res Pr 21:240-7. 1990..Competence to enter therapy for issues of sexual identity is assessed. The author concludes that adolescents are generally competent to explore issues of sexual identity...
- Personal history of voluntary HIV counseling and testing (VCT) among adults aged 19-35 years living in peri-urban communities, Chiang Mai, Northern ThailandSurinda Kawichai
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
AIDS Behav 9:233-42. 2005..A Thai government policy enforcing effective counseling to accompany HIV testing is urgently needed...
- Can a urologic nurse contribute to management of secondary impotence in an office setting?S Boyarsky
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Urology 35:25-6. 1990..A nurse can assist with the workup, preoperative and postoperative care, counseling, and if so trained, the actual surgery...
- Clinical uses of herpes simplex virus type-specific serologyP E Munday
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Watford General Hospital, Vicarage Road, Watford WD18 0HB, UK
Int J STD AIDS 12:784-8. 2001..However, there is little evidence currently to support this strategy...
- Attention deficit hyperactivity symptoms and risky sexual behavior in young adult womenG M Monawar Hosain
Department of Ob Gyn, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:463-8. 2012..This study was undertaken to assess the association between adult attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms and high-risk sexual behavior...
- Disparities in safe sex counseling & behavior among individuals with substance dependence: a cross-sectional studyMeredith M D'Amore
Health care Disparities Research Program, Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, 2098, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Reprod Health 9:35. 2012..The objective of this study was to assess disparities in safe sex counseling and resultant behavior among a patient population at risk of negative sexual health outcomes.
- Pilot feasibility study of a telephone-based couples intervention for physical intimacy and sexual concerns in colorectal cancerJennifer Barsky Reese
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5510 Nathan Shock Drive, Suite 100, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 38:402-17. 2012..The authors discuss the research and clinical implications...
- Adolescent contraception: review and guidance for pediatric cliniciansLauren B Hartman
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 42:221-63. 2012..Finally, a list of useful contraceptive management resources is provided for both clinicians and patients...
- Effect of brief safer-sex counseling by medical providers to HIV-1 seropositive patients: a multi-clinic assessmentJean L Richardson
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
AIDS 18:1179-86. 2004To test the efficacy of brief, safer-sex counseling by medical providers of HIV-positive patients during medical visits.
- Evidence-based practice for symptom management in adults with cancer: sexual dysfunctionJudith A Shell
Osceola Cancer Center in Kissimmee, FL, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:53-66; quiz 67-9. 2002....
- [Sex counseling in the first-love ambulance. Hepatitis B vaccination before the fist time?]Birgit Delisle
MMW Fortschr Med 147:16. 2005
- Intracavernosal injection therapy with and without sexological counselling in men with erectile dysfunctionF van der Windt
Department of Andrology and Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 89:901-4. 2002..To compare the acceptance of and satisfaction with intracavernosal injection (ICI) therapy with and without sexological counselling in men with erectile dysfunction (ED)...
- When an erection alone is not enough: biopsychosocial obstacles to lovemakingS E Althof
Department of Urology Psychology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and Center for Marital and Sexual Health, Beachwood, Ohio 44122 5402, USA
Int J Impot Res 14:S99-S104. 2002..To be effective, clinicians must go beyond the simple restoration of erectile function to help patients become active lovemakers again...
- Sexual counseling by the ET nurse: if not you, then who?Hedwig C Zmijewski
St Vincent Hospitals and Health Services, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 29:184-5. 2002
- Management of psychogenic anejaculationRandall Meacham
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Androl 24:170-1. 2003
- Medical management of sexual difficulties in HIV-positive individualsLina Hijazi
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Initiative, 6 Sandyford Place, Glasgow G3 7NB, UK
Int J STD AIDS 13:587-92. 2002..This article reviews the literature about the causes, treatments available and any issues specific to the HIV-positive individual...
- [First visit for contraception]Danielle Hassoun
Rev Prat 58:41-9. 2008..Observance requires proper information and reassurance on side effects particularly on menstruation disorders (amenorrhea, spotting) to avoid drop out...
- Guided reflection: transcending a routine approach in the management of sexually transmissible infectionsJan Browne
School of Nursing Bethlehem Hospital Research Partnership, Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Australia, 3125
Int J STD AIDS 13:624-32. 2002....
- Clinic-based service programs for increasing responsible sexual behaviorJ Dennis Fortenberry
Riley Outpatient Parking Garage, Room 070, Indiana University, 575 N West St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Sex Res 39:63-6. 2002..Screening programs for sexually transmitted infections are associated with decreases in rates of some infections. STD/HIV screening should be considered an important aspect of healthy sexuality and an adjunct to other counseling efforts...
- Combined brief psychosexual intervention after mastectomy: effects on sexuality, body image, and psychological well-beingChrisanthi Kalaitzi
Department of Psychiatry, Thriasio General Hospital, Elefsina, Athens, Greece
J Surg Oncol 96:235-40. 2007..Although many psychotherapeutic approaches have been assessed and found effective in such patients, few studies have assessed couple or sex therapy in mastectomy patients...
- Counseling in the clinical setting to prevent unintended pregnancy: an evidence-based research agendaMerry K Moos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7516, 214 MacNider Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7515, USA
Contraception 67:115-32. 2003..pregnancy (mistimed, unintended, unplanned, unwanted), family planning, contraceptive behavior, counseling, sex counseling, and knowledge, attitudes and behavior...
- Marital satisfaction, sexual problems, and the possible difficulties on sex therapy in traditional Islamic cultureAziz Yasan
Department of Psychiatry, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Sex Marital Ther 35:68-75. 2009..Vaginismus (58.06%) was the most common diagnosis among women and premature ejaculation (38.70%) among men. We found that marital satisfaction was affected by the mode of marriage...
- Development of Relationship Dynamics and STI/HIV RiskJ Fortenberry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Developmental trends in relationship formation, relationship quality, coital frequency and condom use will be assessed by latent growth curve analysis. ..
- Reducing HIV/STD risk, methamphetamine use, and depression among heterosexualsShirley J Semple; Fiscal Year: 2010..randomly assigned to one of two conditions: 1) a nine-session Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT/SCT)-based safer sex counseling program focused on mood regulation, meth reduction/cessation, and safer sex practices;or a standard care ..
- Sexual Dysfunction and Diabetes:Look AHEAD Sub-StudyStephen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2006..iii) Finally, the proposed sub-study will investigate the relationship between changes in sexual function and quality of life outcomes. ..
- Preventing HIV and other STDs among drug-involved womenNabila El Bassel; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SWRD Program will be directed by Dr. Nabila El-Bassel and co-directed by Drs. Steven Schinke and Mary McKay, all CUSSW faculty with strong programs of federally funded research related to substance abuse and HIV. ..
- HIV/STI Prevention for Drug-Involved CouplesLouisa Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2008..Sharp from St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and Dr. Fals-Stewart from the Research Institute on Addictions at the University of Buffalo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADHERENCE TO ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY: A CONTROLLED TRIALCarol Golin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Promoting Safer Sex among Viremic HIV+ PatientsCarol Golin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term goals of this project are to produce and test better methods to reduce the spread of HIV. ..
- International Mobility of HIVHong Ha M Truong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PARTNER ABUSE AND HIV IN WOMEN RECEIVING EMERGENCY CARENabila El Bassel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Gender, Relationship Dynamics, and HIV RiskDon Operario; Fiscal Year: 2009..Findings will contribute toward developing a theory-driven, culturally appropriate relationship-focused HIV prevention intervention with these groups. ..
- HIV RISK AND PARTNER VIOLENCE--MEN ON METHADONENabila El Bassel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from the proposed study will help inform assessment, treatment and referral protocols to reduce partner violence and HIV-risk behaviors among men and women in MMTPs. ..
- Community Influences on Young People's HIV/AIDS Knowledge, Attitudes & PracticesRobert Stephenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Community factors shaping the sexual behavior of malesRobert Stephenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Impact of Drug Use in HIV-Infected Persons: A Pilot StudyJeffrey Samet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preference Shift & Spousal utility for Cancer TreatmentsDeborah Bruner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings of the proposed study will have relevance to outcomes research and will also have application to clinical decision making. ..
- ENHANCED LINKAGE OF DRUG ABUSERS TO PRIMARY MEDICAL CAREJeffrey H Samet; Fiscal Year: 2010..Improved outcomes using the AHEAD approach would support the adoption of a health services delivery strategy, CDM, to better care for patients with DD. ..
- SPIRIT:Reproductive Peer Counseling for Breast CancerLeslie Schover; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we will conduct 50 semi-structured, qualitative phone interviews with survivors diagnosed under age 45, to better identify and characterize concerns of this young, at-risk group. ..
- HIV Prevention Partnership in Russian Alcohol TreatmentJeffrey Samet; Fiscal Year: 2005..Many will be HIV infected. Thus, the successful implementation of this study will provide a critical foundation for future prevention efforts to address the explosion of HIV infection in Russia. ..
- PDE-5 Inhibition in HIV+ and HIV- MenRaymond Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Key personnel for the project are Raymond C. Rosen, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Medicine at UMDNJ, who will serve as PI, and Joseph Catania, PhD, co-PI, from the AIDS Research Institute at UCSF. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS EDUCATION FOR COLORADO PROVIDERSLinda Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Parenthood after CancerLeslie Schover; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the second quarter of 2005 a working group of around 20 will meet to draft a manuscript on proposed clinical guidelines on reproduction and cancer, for submission to a relevant, peer-reviewed journal. ..
- Sexual Functioning and QOL in Women with Cervical CancerDiane Bodurka; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our long-term goal is to evaluate the effectiveness of such interventions in randomized trials. Ultimately, we hope to integrate our findings into daily clinical practice. ..
- Treating Chemotherapy Induced Nausea with AcupressureSuzanne Dibble; Fiscal Year: 2003..All participants will continue to receive their Western medical care, but the added value of acupressure will be explored. ..
- Maximizing Opportunity - HIV Prevention in Hospitalized Russian DrinkersJeffrey H Samet; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- 2008 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnic Differences in Media Response and RecruitmentDeborah Bruner; Fiscal Year: 2008..It would also serve as a potential model for improved information seeking and recruitment of AA men to be tested in other cancer control and treatment trials and potentially as a model for other minorities. ..
- Enhancing Alcohol Science Focus: AMERSA National MeetingJeffrey Samet; Fiscal Year: 2008..Since the Annual National Conference draws a large number of participants from a variety of medical and other healthcare professions, the impact on clinical training and practice will be substantial. ..
- Vaginal Microbicide Acceptability STD/HIV PreventionJ Fortenberry; Fiscal Year: 2006..This team is substantially experienced in conducting clinical and marketing research with adolescents addressing topics of sexual behavior, sexually transmitted diseases and acceptance of STD-related vaccines. ..
- MEDICATION ADHERENCE IN ALCOHOL ABUSING HIV PATIENTSJeffrey Samet; Fiscal Year: 2001..The ADHERE study will enable us to develop a generalizable intervention to enhance antiretroviral medication adherence in patients with a history of alcohol abuse and test its efficacy in terms of important clinical outcomes. ..
- CLINICAL IMPACT ON HCV & ALCOHOL IN HIV INFECTED PERSONSJeffrey Samet; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will provide crucial information needed for the development and prioritization of interventions for coinfected persons with addictions. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE REGULATORY SYSTEM IN THE PENISArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BREAST CANCER--PREPARING FOR SURVIVORSHIPPatricia Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2002....