Genomes and Genes
compulsive personality disorder
Summary: A personality disorder characterized by an emotionally constricted manner that is unduly conventional, serious, formal, and stingy, by preoccupation with trivial details, rules, order, organization, schedules, and lists, by stubborn insistence on having things one's own way without regard for the effects on others, by excessive devotion to work and productivity to the detriment of interpersonal relationships, and by indecisiveness due to fear of making mistakes. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- The relation among perfectionism, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder in individuals with eating disordersKatherine A Halmi
New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, New York, USA
Int J Eat Disord 38:371-4. 2005..Understanding the relation between these traits may enhance our ability to identify relevant behavioral endophenotypes for ED...
- Metacognitive interpersonal therapy in a case of obsessive-compulsive and avoidant personality disordersDonatella Fiore
Terzo Centro di Psicoterapia Cognitiva Associazione di Psicologia Cognitiva, Rome, Italy
J Clin Psychol 64:168-80. 2008..We show how treatment focused on the various dysfunctional personality aspects...
- Functional impairment in patients with schizotypal, borderline, avoidant, or obsessive-compulsive personality disorderAndrew E Skodol
Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorders Study
Am J Psychiatry 159:276-83. 2002The purpose of this study was to compare psychosocial functioning in patients with schizotypal, borderline, avoidant, or obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and patients with major depressive disorder and no personality disorder.
- Childhood obsessive-compulsive personality traits in adult women with eating disorders: defining a broader eating disorder phenotypeMarija Brecelj Anderluh
Institute of Psychiatry, King College London, De Crespigny Park
Am J Psychiatry 160:242-7. 2003..The authors retrospectively examined a spectrum of childhood traits that reflect obsessive-compulsive personality in adult women with eating disorders and assessed the predictive value of the traits for the development of eating disorders...
- Comorbid obsessive-compulsive personality disorder in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): a marker of severityChristine Lochner
MRC Unit on Anxiety and Stress Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1087-92. 2011Comorbid obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is well-described in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Clarifying the convergence between obsessive compulsive personality disorder criteria and obsessive compulsive disorderJane L Eisen
Brown University Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Butler Hospital, Providence 02906, USA
J Pers Disord 20:294-305. 2006In this study we examined the convergence between obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) criteria and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Comorbidity of obsessive-compulsive disorder with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: Does it imply a specific subtype of obsessive-compulsive disorder?George Garyfallos
2nd Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Psychiatry Res 177:156-60. 2010The present study examined whether the comorbidity of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) constitute a specific subtype of OCD...
- A comparison of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder scalesDouglas B Samuel
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Pers Assess 92:232-40. 2010..text revision [DSM-IV-TR]; American Psychiatric Association, 2000) obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) pathology, to compare 8 self-report measures of OCPD...
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder co-occurring with obsessive-compulsive disorder: Conceptual and clinical implicationsVladan Starcevic
Discipline of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School Nepean, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 47:65-73. 2013..ongoing uncertainties in the relationship between obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)...
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and suicidal behavior: evidence for a positive association in a sample of depressed patientsGabriel Diaconu
The McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1551-6. 2009To explore the association between obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) and suicidal behavior.
- Prevalence, correlates, and comorbidity of DSM-IV obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsJon E Grant
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, 2450 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:469-75. 2012Although recognized for over 100 years, there is a relative dearth of empirical research on obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)...
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder traits and personality dimensions in parents of children with obsessive-compulsive disorderRosa Calvo
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBER, C Villarroel, 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 24:201-6. 2009To compare patterns of temperament and character and the prevalence of Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) and OCPD traits in parents of children with OCD and parents of healthy controls.
- Preliminary evidence for an association between a dopamine D3 receptor gene variant and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder in patients with major depressionKatrina J Light
Department of Psychological Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:409-13. 2006..the Ser9Gly dopamine D3 receptor (DRD3) polymorphism was associated with increased rates of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) symptomology...
- Diagnostic efficiency of DSM-IV criteria for obsessive compulsive personality disorder in patients with binge eating disorderC M Grilo
Department of Psychiatry, Yale Psychiatric Research, Yale University School of Medicine, 301 Cedar Street, 2nd Floor, P O Box 208098, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 42:57-65. 2004This study examined the diagnostic efficiency of the DSM-IV criteria for obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) in patients with binge eating disorder (BED)...
- Understanding emotion regulation in borderline personality disorder: contributions of neuroimagingPeter A Johnson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 15:397-402. 2003
- Implications of compulsive and impulsive traits for serotonin status in women with bulimia nervosaHoward Steiger
Eating Disorders Program, Douglas Hospital, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Psychiatry Res 120:219-29. 2003..Our findings suggest that 5-HT status in BN may correspond to impulsive or compulsive traits, and they encourage multidimensional modeling of the pathophysiological role of 5-HT in BN...
- "Not just right experiences": perfectionism, obsessive-compulsive features and general psychopathologyMeredith E Coles
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Weiss Hall, 1701 North 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122 6085, USA
Behav Res Ther 41:681-700. 2003..g., social anxiety, trait anxiety, worry, depression). General conclusions are drawn, and future directions are discussed...
- Bereitschaftspotential in tic disorders: a preliminary observationH S Duggal
Department of Psychiatry, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi 834006, India
Neurol India 50:487-9. 2002..Bereitschaftspotential may thus represent a neurophysiological marker of premonitory urge in tic disorders. Implications of exploring the voluntary nature of tics are discussed...
- Anorexia nervosa with excessive exercise: a phenotype with close links to obsessive-compulsive disorderCaroline Davis
Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatry Res 142:209-17. 2006..Findings support our prediction that AN patients with excessive physical activity constitute a subtype of the disorder with strong links to OCD. Indeed, this phenotype may be a culture-bound variant of OCD...
- Strategic memory in adults with anorexia nervosa: are there similarities to obsessive compulsive spectrum disorders?Bonnie J Sherman
Center for Excellence in Women s Health, Boston University Medical Center, and Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Eat Disord 39:468-76. 2006..This study evaluated nonverbal strategic memory in AN outpatients using an approach previously applied to OC spectrum disorders...
- Outcome of teenage-onset anorexia nervosa in a Swedish community-based sampleMaria Rastam
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Goteborg University, Kungsgatan 12, SE 41119 Göteborg, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:I78-90. 2003..On the other hand, OCD, OCPD (obsessive-compulsive personality disorder), and/or autism spectrum disorder continued to characterise more than one-third of the AN cases...
- Disentangling depressive personality disorder from avoidant, borderline, and obsessive-compulsive personality disordersSteven K Huprich
Department of Psychology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
Compr Psychiatry 47:298-306. 2006..The factor analysis results suggest that an organization of symptoms around themes of conflict may provide useful ways of understanding the personality patterns of these 4 disorders...
- High prevalence of personality abnormalities in patients seeking rhinoplastyRamin Zojaji
Azad Medical University, Mashad, Iran
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:83-7. 2007..To assess the effect of the patient's personality on his/her satisfaction with rhinoplasty...
- The medicalization of compulsive buyingShirley Lee
Department of Anthropology, Fletcher Argue Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Soc Sci Med 58:1709-18. 2004....
- When religion and obsessive-compulsive disorder collide: treating scrupulosity in Ultra-Orthodox JewsJonathan D Huppert
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Psychol 63:925-41. 2007..We believe that understanding these challenges will enhance the clinician's ability to increase patient motivation and participation in therapy and thereby provide more effective treatment for these and other religious patients...
- Relations between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and personality: beyond Axis I-Axis II comorbidityKevin D Wu
University of Iowa, USA
J Anxiety Disord 20:695-717. 2006..Disorder (OCD) and personality addresses only comorbidity rates between OCD and Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)...
- A prospective study of obsessive-compulsive and borderline personality traits, race and disordered eatingLisa Rachelle Riso Lilenfeld
Clinical Psychology Program, Argosy University, Washington DC Campus, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:124-32. 2008..revealed that borderline personality disorder symptoms, as well as an interaction between obsessive-compulsive personality disorder symptoms and race, significantly predicted disordered eating over a 2-year period...
- Dimensions of DSM-IV personality disorders and life-successSimone Ullrich
Queen Mary College, University of London, UK
J Pers Disord 21:657-63. 2007....
- The distinctiveness of compulsive hoarding from obsessive-compulsive disorderJessica R Grisham
Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:767-79. 2005..Although hoarding sometimes functions as a compulsion among individuals with OCD, hoarding in the absence of other OCD symptoms may be a clinically distinct syndrome...
- Comment on hoardingMark A Amdur
Am J Psychiatry 162:1031, author reply 1031-2. 2005
- Two-year prevalence and stability of individual DSM-IV criteria for schizotypal, borderline, avoidant, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders: toward a hybrid model of axis II disordersThomas H McGlashan
Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorder Study, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:883-9. 2005..This study tracked the individual criteria of four DSM-IV personality disorders-borderline, schizotypal, avoidant, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders-and how they change over 2 years...
- Alcoholism and personality disorders: an exploratory studyEnrique Echeburua
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Avda de Tolosa, 70, 20018 San Sebastian, Espana
Alcohol Alcohol 40:323-6. 2005..To define the most frequent personality disorders related to alcohol dependence...
- [Etiology, psychoanalytical diagnosis and treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder in childhood and adolescence]Theo von der Marwitz
Psychoanalytischen Institut Bremen eV
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:468-85. 2008....
- [Family dynamics and family therapy of obsessive-compulsive disorder]Günter Reich
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitat Gottingen
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:486-98. 2008..Relatives are often involved in obsessive-compulsive symptoms. The psychosocial burden on them is often considerable. The inclusion of the family into the treatment of children and adolescents improves treatment results...
- From Giacometti to Botero: images of eating disorders under investigationKatherine A Halmi
Am J Psychiatry 160:205-7. 2003
- Anorexia nervosa: obsessive-compulsive disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, or neither?Lucy Serpell
Department of Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, UK
Clin Psychol Rev 22:647-69. 2002..a closer relationship with obsessive-compulsive personality traits such as those found in obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)...
- Dialectical behavior therapy for comorbid personality disordersThomas R Lynch
Duke University, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:154-67. 2008..of DBT that targets cognitive-behavioral rigidity and emotional constriction and illustrates its application through the case of a man suffering from both paranoid personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
- Compulsive buying disorder: definition, assessment, epidemiology and clinical managementD W Black
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242-1000, USA
CNS Drugs 15:17-27. 2001..Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) re- uptake inhibitors may help some patients regulate their buying impulses. Self-help books are also available...
- Internal consistency, intercriterion overlap and diagnostic efficiency of criteria sets for DSM-IV schizotypal, borderline, avoidant and obsessive-compulsive personality disordersC M Grilo
Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Study, Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208098, 301 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:264-72. 2001..Diagnostic efficiency statistics provide guidance regarding usefulness of criteria for inclusion or exclusion...
- Breakthrough in psychiatric care: pharmacological treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders with implications for nursing careJoyce Newman Giger
J Pract Nurs 52:12-6; quiz 17, 21. 2002
- Traumatic exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder in borderline, schizotypal, avoidant, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders: findings from the collaborative longitudinal personality disorders studyShirley Yen
Department of Psychiatry, Brown University Medical School, 700 Butler Drive, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:510-8. 2002..In addition, they support an association between severity of PD and severity of traumatic exposure, as indicated by earlier trauma onset, trauma of an assaultive and personal nature, and more types of traumatic events...
- [Diagnosis of and therapy for anxiety disorders--panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and compulsive disorder]Kenzo Denda
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 109:389-97. 2007
- Clinical perfectionism: a cognitive-behavioural analysisRoz Shafran
Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford University, UK
Behav Res Ther 40:773-91. 2002..The implications of this analysis for research and practice are considered...
- Prevalence, correlates, and disability of personality disorders in the United States: results from the national epidemiologic survey on alcohol and related conditionsBridget F Grant
Division of Intramural Clinical and Biological Research, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 9304, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:948-58. 2004..To present nationally representative data on the prevalence, sociodemographic correlates, and disability of 7 of the 10 DSM-IV personality disorders...
- Cross-cutting issues and future directions for the OCD spectrumEric Hollander
Department Psychiatry, Child Psychiatry Annex, Montefiore Medical Center, University Hospital of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467 2490, United States
Psychiatry Res 170:3-6. 2009..The disorders that were originally examined included OCD, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), Tourette's syndrome (TS) and other tic disorders, Sydenham's chorea, Pediatric Autoimmune ..
- The prevalence of personality disorders in hypochondriasisReiko Sakai
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:41-7. 2010....
- Psychiatric comorbidity in medication overuse headache patients with pre-existing headache type of episodic tension-type headacheHuseyin Tugrul Atasoy
Neurology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Turkey
Eur J Pain 9:285-91. 2005..Chronic tension-type headache (CTTH) is another headache type that evolves over time from ETTH. It is well known that psychiatric comorbidity is high in MOH patients...
- The prevalence of DSM-IV personality disorders in psychiatric outpatientsMark Zimmerman
Bayside Medical Center, 235 Plain Street, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1911-8. 2005..In the present report, the authors examined the frequency of DSM-IV personality disorders in a patient group and the comorbidity among them...
- An investigation of psychopathology in nonreferred suicidal and nonsuicidal adolescentsV J Mazza
Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Washington, Seattle 98195 3600, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 31:282-302. 2001..Schizophrenia, Adjustment Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, Borderline Personality Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and Avoidant Personality Disorder...
- Psychogenic excoriation. Clinical features, proposed diagnostic criteria, epidemiology and approaches to treatmentL M Arnold
Women s Health Research Program, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
CNS Drugs 15:351-9. 2001..use disorders, eating disorders, trichotillomania, kleptomania, compulsive buying, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder...
- Hoarding in obsessive-compulsive disorder and related disorders: a preliminary report of 15 casesSoraya Seedat
Medical Research Council Unit on Anxiety and Stress Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 56:17-23. 2002..time, is characterized in DSM-IV as a symptom of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) but has, until recently, received scant empirical investigation...
- [Cocaine addiction and personality disorders: a study with the MCMI-II]Inaki Lorea
Fundación Argibide Pamplona Spain
Adicciones 21:57-63. 2009..Personality Disorder and Dependent Personality Disorder (10% in each case), followed by Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder and Histrionic Personality Disorder (6.7% each)...
- [Personality disorders and psychopathy in men convicted for severe intimate partner violence]Javier Fernández-Montalvo
Universidad Publica de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Psicothema 20:193-8. 2008..8% of the sample showed at least one personality disorder. The most prevalent one was the Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder (57.8% of cases), followed by the Dependent Personality Disorder (34...
- Betaxolol in anxiety disordersC M Swartz
Department of Psychiatry, Mountain Home Veterans Affairs Medical Center and East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 10:9-14. 1998..was rapidly followed by improvements that were easily noticed by the doctor, even in patients with longstanding anxiety and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Preliminary observations in posttraumatic stress disorder are similar.
- Ten-year follow-up of adolescent-onset anorexia nervosa: personality disordersE W Nilsson
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Annedals Clinics, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 38:1389-95. 1999..To study the development of personality disorders, especially those involving obsessions, compulsions, and social interaction problems, in a representative group of anorexia nervosa (AN) cases...
- Perceptions of parental bonding in patients with various personality disorders, lifetime depressive disorders, and healthy controlsH M Nordahl
Department of Psychology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Dragvoil, Norway
J Pers Disord 11:391-402. 1997..Results indicated that obsessive-compulsive personality disorder was associated with reports of lower levels of paternal care and higher levels of paternal ..
- Personality disorders as risk factors for eating disorders: clinical implicationsRandy A Sansone
Kettering Medical Center, Miamisburg, OH 45342, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 25:116-21. 2010..According to a review of the literature, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is the most common Axis II disorder in eating-disordered individuals with restrictive eating behavior,..
- Comorbidity in adults with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderLucy Cumyn
Adult ADHD Research, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 54:673-83. 2009..To examine the prevalence of comorbid Axis I (current and lifetime) and II disorders in adult men and women with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Self-injurious skin picking: clinical characteristics and comorbidityS Wilhelm
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 60:454-9. 1999..The authors examined the demographics, phenomenology, and associated psychopathology in a series of 31 subjects with this problem...
- Oral self-mutilation in a patient with rhombencephalosynapsysA Verri
Neurological Institute C Mondino Foundation, University of Pavia, Italy
J Intellect Disabil Res 44:86-90. 2000..Psychiatric evaluation with DSM-IV criteria documented an obsessive-compulsive personality disorder associated with emotional instability and oral self-mutilation...
- Influence of personality disorder features on social functioning in substance-abusing women five years after compulsive residential treatmentIrene Jansson
Department of Psychology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur Addict Res 15:25-31. 2009..Little is known about the impact of PD on adjustment following substance abuse treatment...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: boundary issuesNaomi A Fineberg
Postgraduate School of Medicine, University of Hertfordshire, Gueen Elizabeth II Hospital, Welwyn Garden City, UK
CNS Spectr 12:359-64, 367-375. 2007..OCD, Tourette syndrome, body dysmorphic disorder, hypochondriasis, grooming disorders, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcus are likely...
- The impact of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder on the suicidal risk of patients with mood disordersMichele Raja
Servizio Psichiatrico di Diagnosi e Cura, Ospedale Santo Spirito in Sassia, Roma, Italia
Psychopathology 40:184-90. 2007..Personality disorders may modify the phenomenology of axis I psychiatric disorders, generating atypical clinical features, uncommon behavior or unusual patient attitudes...
- Does obsessive-compulsive personality disorder belong within the obsessive-compulsive spectrum?Naomi A Fineberg
Postgraduate School of Medicine, University of Hertfordshire, Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Welwyn Garden City, UK
CNS Spectr 12:467-82. 2007..Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) resembles obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and other spectrum disorders in terms of ..
- OCD with comorbid OCPD: a subtype of OCD?Meredith E Coles
Department of Psychology, Binghamton University, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:289-96. 2008The current study examined the validity of using comorbid obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) to identify a subtype of individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Factor structure of DSM-IV criteria for obsessive compulsive personality disorder in patients with binge eating disorderC M Grilo
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 109:64-9. 2004To examine the factor structure of DSM-IV criteria for obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) in patients with binge eating disorder (BED).
- Compulsive hoarding: OCD symptom, distinct clinical syndrome, or both?Alberto Pertusa
Division of Psychological Medicine, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, PO 69, De Crespigny Park Rd, London SE58AF, United Kingdom
Am J Psychiatry 165:1289-98. 2008Compulsive hoarding is a debilitating problem that is often associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. However, the precise nosology of compulsive hoarding has yet to be determined.
- Exploring the internet's role in sexual compulsivity and out of control sexual thoughts/behaviour: a qualitative study of gay and bisexual men in New York CityChristian Grov
Center for HIV AIDS Educational Studies and Training, New York, USA
Cult Health Sex 10:107-25. 2008....
- Evaluating NEO Personality Inventory-Revised profiles in veterans with personality disordersSteven K Huprich
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798 7334, USA
J Pers Disord 17:33-44. 2003..In general, results support the facet-level conceptualizations of these disorders, except for Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder.
- The impact of symptomatic hoarding in OCD and its treatmentCatherine Seaman
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Behav Cogn Psychother 38:157-71. 2010..Probably the most robust example of subtyping is the identification of hoarding as being different both in terms of psychopathology and response to treatment...
- Internet addiction: a descriptive clinical study focusing on comorbidities and dissociative symptomsSilvia Bernardi
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Manhattan, NY, USA
Compr Psychiatry 50:510-6. 2009..The detachment has been suggested as a reason for the attractiveness of the Internet; thus, we assessed dissociative symptoms and their association with IAD disability...
- Demographic and clinical characteristics associated with treatment status in family members with obsessive-compulsive disorderBernadette Cullen
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:218-24. 2008..Older age and the presence of obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) or OCPD traits were negatively associated with treatment...
- The Brown Longitudinal Obsessive Compulsive Study: clinical features and symptoms of the sample at intakeAnthony Pinto
Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:703-11. 2006....
- Clinical features and treatment characteristics of compulsive hoarding in Japanese patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderHisato Matsunaga
Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
CNS Spectr 15:258-65. 2010..Compulsive hoarding has been studied primarily in Western countries. Here we sought to examine compulsive hoarding in Japanese patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). The heterogeneous nature of hoarding was also investigated...
- Gender differences in the frequency of personality disorders in depressed outpatientsJ D Carter
Department of Psychological Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine, New Zealand
J Pers Disord 13:67-74. 1999..also significantly more likely to have schizoid, schizotypal, narcissistic, antisocial, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder symptomatology. Females did not predominate in any personality disorder symptomatology or diagnoses...
- Group cognitive and behavioral treatment for compulsive hoarding: a preliminary trialJordana Muroff
School of Social Work, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:634-40. 2009..One small sample study of GCBT specifically for hoarding problems also showed benefit. This study examines the efficacy of a specialized GCBT for compulsive hoarding on a larger sample...
- Eating disorders and personality: a methodological and empirical reviewLisa R R Lilenfeld
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta 30302 5010, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 26:299-320. 2006..Limited family study research suggests that obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) and anorexia nervosa share a common familial liability...
- Personality disorder cognitions in the eating disordersFrances Connan
Vincent Square Eating Disorders Clinic, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, Osbert Street, London, UK
Behav Res Ther 47:77-82. 2009..were most relevant to the eating disorder pathology were those relating to avoidant and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Other personality disorder cognitions were associated with comorbid psychopathology in largely ..
- [Study on personality and psychiatric disorder in fibromyalgia]Sébastien Rose
Universite Lille 2, CHRU de Lille, Service d Addictologie, F 59037 Lille, France
Presse Med 38:695-700. 2009..WORK INTEREST: To assess vulnerability factors of outpatients with fibromyalgia, by the evaluating prevalence of DSM-IV axis I disorders (mental disorders) and axis II disorders (personality disorders)...
- Comprehensive treatment of three patients with comorbid OCPD and ADHDStephen C Josephson
Cornell University Medical School, New York, NY, USA
CNS Spectr 12:338-42. 2007..symptoms of both attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, inattentive subtype and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and were then treated with a creative combined behavioral and medication treatment, which emphasized ..
- [To know more about the Prader-Willi syndrome. Multidisciplinary support]Alina T Midro
Zakład Genetyki Klinicznej UM w Białymstoku
Psychiatr Pol 43:151-66. 2009..In this part of the paper we reviewed the recent data of behavioural phenotype the correlations of phenotype-genotype and possibilities of the multidisciplinary support for the affected persons and theirs families...
- Aversion and proneness to shame in self- and informant-reported personality disorder symptomsMichelle Schoenleber
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
Personal Disord 3:294-304. 2012..Thus, these findings highlight shame aversion's specific importance in PD symptoms and suggest important future research directions...
- A structural analysis of the obsessional character: a Fairbairnian perspectiveDavid P Celani
Am J Psychoanal 67:119-40. 2007..This style of developmental history creates predictable self and object configurations in the inner world, which then translate via repetition compulsion into obsessional behavior in adulthood...
- [Pharmacological treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder in children/adolescents]Judith Becker Nissen
Arhus Universitetshospital, Børne og Ungdomspsykiatrisk Regionscenter, 8240 Risskov, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:801-6. 2011..The aim was to provide a summary on the current knowledge on psychopharmacological treatment of children and adolescents with OCD...
- Clinical variables and implications of the personality on the outcome of bipolar illness: a pilot studyNieves Casas-Barquero
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital, Universitario Virgen Macarena, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 3:269-75. 2007..personality disorder was diagnosed in 75% of patients according to ICD-10 criteria, with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder being the most frequent type...
- Conscientiousness and obsessive-compulsive personality disorderDouglas B Samuel
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Personal Disord 2:161-74. 2011..disorders have well established links to dimensional models that buttress this hypothesis, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) has obtained only inconsistent support...
- Gender differences in firesetting: results from the national epidemiologic survey on alcohol and related conditions (NESARC)Nicolas Hoertel
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Corentin Celton, Issy les Moulineaux, France
Psychiatry Res 190:352-8. 2011..of conduct disorder, antisocial personality disorder, alcohol or cannabis use disorder, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Women with a lifetime history of firesetting were significantly more likely than women without such ..
- Maladaptive perfectionism as an intervening variable between psychological control and adolescent depressive symptoms: a three-wave longitudinal studyBart Soenens
Department of Developmental, Social, and Personality Psychology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Fam Psychol 22:465-74. 2008..Multigroup analyses show that the model tested was consistent across gender for paternal psychological control but not for maternal psychological control. Suggestions for future research are outlined...
- Personality disorders in obsessive-compulsive disorder: a comparative study versus other anxiety disordersJosep Pena-Garijo
Department of Basic and Clinical Psychology and Psychobiology, Jaume I University of Castelló, Sos Baynat Avenue, 12071 Castello, Spain Department of Mental Health, General Hospital of Castelló, 13 Benicassim Avenue, 12004 Castelló, Spain
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:856846. 2013..The purpose of this paper is to provide evidence for the relationship between personality disorders (PDs), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and other anxiety disorders different from OCD (non-OCD) symptomatology...
- New diagnostic perspectives on obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and its links with other conditionsVladan Starcevic
Discipline of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School Nepean, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 27:62-7. 2014This review examines the conceptualization of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), its epidemiology and efforts to better understand the relationships between OCPD and other conditions.
- [Psychometric properties of the Vancouver Obsessional Compulsive Inventory (VOCI) in two non-clinical Spanish samples]Raquel Nogueira Arjona
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
Psicothema 21:646-51. 2009..Lastly, this version showed good divergent validity with measures of depression, anxiety and worries...
- [Influence of personality disorders and consumption patterns on the efficacy of a relapse-prevention program for the treatment of alcoholism]José Miguel Martínez-González
Centro Provincial de Drogodependencias de Granada, Hospital de San Juan de Dios, San Juan de Dios, Granada
Adicciones 21:105-12. 2009..73 years, with a standard deviation of 9.63 years. Basically, we found a high incidence of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and consumption patterns that change as a function of the presence or absence of personality ..
- Five-year course of obsessive-compulsive disorder: predictors of remission and relapseJane L Eisen
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Butler Hospital, 345 Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:233-9. 2013..Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a heterogeneous and disabling condition; however, no studies have examined symptom categories or subtypes as predictors of long-term clinical course in adults with primary OCD...
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies may be associated with attenuated access to internal states: evidence from a biofeedback-aided muscle tensing taskAmit Lazarov
School of Psychological Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Conscious Cogn 21:1401-9. 2012..These results suggest that doubt in OCD may be grounded in a real and general deficiency in accessing internal states...
- The association of anxiety disorders and obsessive compulsive personality disorder with anorexia nervosa: evidence from a family study with discussion of nosological and neurodevelopmental implicationsMichael Strober
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
Int J Eat Disord 40:S46-51. 2007..To investigate the association of anorexia nervosa with anxiety disorders through use of a case-control family study design...
- Homicidal behaviour among people with avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive (cluster C) personality disorderTaina Laajasalo
Institute of Behavioural Sciences, University of Helsinki, and Forensic Center for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Crim Behav Ment Health 23:18-29. 2013..Despite a growing forensic psychiatry literature, no previous study has examined in detail homicidal behaviour among offenders with cluster C personality disorders - the avoidant, dependent or obsessional personality disorders...
- Are obsessive-compulsive personality traits associated with a poor outcome in anorexia nervosa? A systematic review of randomized controlled trials and naturalistic outcome studiesAnna M Crane
Eating Disorders Research Unit, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 40:581-8. 2007Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) traits are commonly associated with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- DSM-IV obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: prevalence in patients with anxiety disorders and in healthy comparison subjectsUmberto Albert
Anxiety and Mood Disorders Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Turin, Italy
Compr Psychiatry 45:325-32. 2004The relationship between obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) has not yet been fully clarified...
- Who sees trees before forest? The obsessive-compulsive style of visual attentionIftah Yovel
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 15 Parkman St, ACC 812, Boston, MA 02114 3117, USA
Psychol Sci 16:123-9. 2005..Measures related to obsessive-compulsive personality disorder were associated with excessive visual attention to small details of the hierarchical letters...
- Perfectionism is multidimensional: a reply to Shafran, Cooper and FairburnP L Hewitt
University of British Columbia, Department of Psychology, 2136 West Hall, BC V6T 124, Vancouver, Canada
Behav Res Ther 41:1221-36. 2003..It is concluded that a multidimensional approach to the study of perfectionism is still warranted...
- Differentiation of obsessive-compulsive-, panic-, obsessive-compulsive personality-, and non-disordered individuals by variation in the promoter region of the serotonin transporter geneMarisol Perez
Texas A and M University, Department of Psychology, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Anxiety Disord 20:794-806. 2006..This study found that non-comorbid OCD individuals tended to have a higher percentage of the homozygous short genotype than non-disordered individuals. The s/s genotype might serve as a contributory risk factor for OCD...
- Phenomenology of Obsessive Compulsive Personality DisorderAnthony Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2012..his career as a clinical researcher with a programmatic line of research in the area of obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)...
- OCD Collaborative Genetics Association StudyGerald Nestadt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these analyses will guide future molecular strategies to identify genes involved in the pathogenesis of OCD. The clinical and genotype data from the sample will be publicly available for OCD genetics research. ..
- COGNITIVE THERAPY IN OBSESSSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDERSabine Wilhelm; Fiscal Year: 2002..Using a combined sample of 30 patients we will study the influence of a small number of possible predictors of posttest outcome. ..
- CBT Treatment Development for Body Dysmorphic DisorderSabine Wilhelm; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Collaborative OCD Genetics StudyGerald Nestadt; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Psychopathology of Compulsive HoardingRandy Frost; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Pathological GamblingJon Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..This award would provide me with the necessary background for further studies in the treatment of pathological gambling and the training for an independent patient-oriented research career. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERSGerald Nestadt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Building on our previous contributions, this proposal applies innovative constructs of disordered personality and rigorous analytic strategies. ..
- NEUROANATOMY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF OCD AND MAJOR DEPRESSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Course and Outcome for Bipolar Disorder in YouthMichael A Strober; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pharmacotherapy Relapse Prevention in Body Dysmorphic DisorderSabine Wilhelm; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study will yield unique and clinically important data, and will fill gaps in knowledge about this relatively common, severe, and understudied illness. ..
- Behavior Therapy for Adults with Tourette SyndromeSabine Wilhelm; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Informatics group at Yale University will provide data management services. ..
- COLLABORATIVE LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERThomas McGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Neurobiology of Obsessive-Compulsive HoardingSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal is to develop more effective treatments for compulsive hoarding, based on an improved understanding of its pathophysiology. ..
- STEPPED CARE VS. BEST AVAILABLE CARE FOR BULIMIA NERVOSAKatherine Halmi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Anorexia NervosaMichael Strober; Fiscal Year: 2005..The diagnostic and genetic data and lymphoblastoid cell lines (derived from blood samples) will become part of a national archival resource for genetic studies of AN through the NIMH Genetics Initiative. ..
- EARLY DETECTION AND INTERVENTION IN PSYCHOSISThomas McGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Genetics of Anorexia NervosaKatherine Halmi; Fiscal Year: 2005..The diagnostic and genetic data and lymphoblastoid cell lines (derived from blood samples) will become part of a national archival resource for genetic studies of AN through the NIMH Genetics Initiative. ..