Genomes and Genes
Summary: A directed conversation aimed at eliciting information for psychiatric diagnosis, evaluation, treatment planning, etc. The interview may be conducted by a social worker or psychologist.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Structured assessment of current mental state in clinical practice: an international study of the reliability and validity of the Current Psychiatric State interview, CPS-50I R H Falloon
OTP European Coordinating Centre, ARIETE, Perugia, Italy
Acta Psychiatr Scand 111:44-50. 2005..To develop a reliable standardized assessment of psychiatric symptoms for use in clinical practice...
- Validation of the Portuguese version of the Questionnaire on Eating and Weight Patterns-Revised (QEWP-R) for the screening of binge eating disorderMaria Beatriz Ferrari Borges
Program of Orientation and Attention of Eating Disorders, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 27:319-22. 2005..The present paper describes the validation of the Questionnaire on Eating and Weight Patterns-Revised (QEWP-R) designed for the diagnosis of binge eating disorder (BED) and sub-clinical binge eating...
- Concordance of the Composite International Diagnostic Interview Version 3.0 (CIDI 3.0) with standardized clinical assessments in the WHO World Mental Health surveysJosep Maria Haro
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 15:167-80. 2006..The validity of the CIDI is likely to be under-estimated in these comparisons due to the fact that the reliability of the SCID diagnoses, which is presumably less than perfect, sets a ceiling on maximum CIDI-SCID concordance...
- Association of Western and traditional diets with depression and anxiety in womenFelice N Jacka
Department of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences, University of Melbourne, Geelong 3220, Australia
Am J Psychiatry 167:305-11. 2010..This study examined the extent to which the high-prevalence mental disorders are related to habitual diet in 1,046 women ages 20-93 years randomly selected from the population...
- Standardised Assessment of Personality - Abbreviated Scale (SAPAS): preliminary validation of a brief screen for personality disorderPaul Moran
Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 183:228-32. 2003..There is a need for a brief and simple screen for personality disorders that can be used in routine psychiatric assessments...
- Intergenerational transmission of subthreshold autistic traits in the general populationJohn N Constantino
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:655-60. 2005..Subthreshold autistic social impairments are known to aggregate in the family members of autistic probands; therefore, we conducted this study to examine the intergenerational transmission of such traits in the general population...
- Diagnostic reliability of the Semi-structured Assessment for Drug Dependence and Alcoholism (SSADDA)Amira Pierucci-Lagha
Alcohol Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 2103, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 80:303-12. 2005..This study examines the diagnostic reliability of the SSADDA for substance use disorders and for other DSM-IV disorders that are commonly associated with substance use disorders...
- The timeline followback reports of psychoactive substance use by drug-abusing patients: psychometric propertiesW Fals-Stewart
Department of Psychology, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia 23529, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 68:134-44. 2000....
- Training in motivational interviewing: a systematic reviewMichael B Madson
Department of Psychology, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS 39406 5025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 36:101-9. 2009..We also identify which aspects of the (W. R. Miller & T. B. Moyers, 2006) eight stages of learning MI each study addressed. Recommendations for advancing the MI training research are highlighted...
- The efficacy of motivational interviewing: a meta-analysis of controlled clinical trialsBrian L Burke
Department of Psychology, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO 81301 3999, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:843-61. 2003..Results are compared with other review results and suggestions for future research are offered...
- The World Mental Health (WMH) Survey Initiative Version of the World Health Organization (WHO) Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI)Ronald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 13:93-121. 2004..Elaborate CD-ROM-based training materials are available to teach interviewers how to administer the interview as well as to teach supervisors how to monitor the quality of data collection...
- The Alcohol Use Disorder and Associated Disabilities Interview Schedule-IV (AUDADIS-IV): reliability of alcohol consumption, tobacco use, family history of depression and psychiatric diagnostic modules in a general population sampleBridget F Grant
Division of Biometry and Epidemiology, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Suite 514, 6000 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7003, Bethesda, MD 20892 7003, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 71:7-16. 2003....
- A test of the validity of the motivational interviewing treatment integrity codeLars Forsberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Addiction Research, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cogn Behav Ther 37:183-91. 2008..MITI may be used as a training tool together with supervision to confirm and enhance MI practice in clinical settings. MITI can also serve as a tool for evaluating MI integrity in clinical research...
- Assessing addiction: concepts and instrumentsSharon Samet
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Addict Sci Clin Pract 4:19-31. 2007..Our aim is to help researchers and clinical programs identify the instruments that best suit their particular situations and purposes...
- DSM and the death of phenomenology in america: an example of unintended consequencesNancy C Andreasen
The University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine Mental Health Clinical Research Center, Room W 278 GH, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:108-12. 2007..By 2005, the decline has become so severe that it could be referred to as "the death of phenomenology in the United States."..
- An evaluation of workshop training in motivational interviewing for addiction and mental health cliniciansJohn S Baer
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, VA Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98108 1597, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 73:99-106. 2004..Findings highlight the need for additional research on the use of standardized patients, alternative assessment techniques, and effective methods of technology transfer for MI skill acquisition and retention...
- Measures of fidelity in motivational enhancement: a systematic reviewMichael B Madson
Department of Psychology, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS 39406 5025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 31:67-73. 2006..This article provides a systematic review of MI adherence and competence measures that have been developed and described independently elsewhere. Recommendations for refinement of the measures and future research are also discussed...
- Clinical calibration of DSM-IV diagnoses in the World Mental Health (WMH) version of the World Health Organization (WHO) Composite International Diagnostic Interview (WMHCIDI)Ronald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 13:122-39. 2004..A brief illustration of this approach is presented in comparing the precision of SCID and predicted SCID estimates of prevalence and correlates under varying sample designs...
- Psychiatric research interview for substance and mental disorders: phenomenologically based diagnosis in patients who abuse alcohol or drugsD Hasin
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 34:3-8. 1998..By making use of psychometric principles, particularly the need to reduce criterion variance, these instruments can clarify some of the longstanding issues in the diagnosis of patients who abuse alcohol and drugs...
- Telepsychiatry: assessment of televideo psychiatric interview reliability with present- and next-generation internet infrastructuresA Yoshino
Department of Psychiatry, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:223-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: While reliability of televideo psychiatric interviews is insufficient using the present narrow-band internet infrastructure, the next generation of infrastructure (broad-band) may permit reliable diagnostic interviews...
- Validating automated screening for psychological distress by means of computer touchscreens for use in routine oncology practiceA Cull
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Medical Oncology Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Cancer 85:1842-9. 2001..It offers the potential for improving 'case' detection in routine oncology practice while reducing the burden of questions put to 'non-cases'. Further work is needed to develop optimal choice of screening questions for this purpose...
- Spontaneously occurring images and early memories in people with body dysmorphic disorderSelen Osman
University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Memory 12:428-36. 2004..The study also found that BDD images were linked to early stressful memories, and that images were more likely than verbal thoughts to be linked to these memories. Implications for theory and clinical practice are discussed...
- Postnatal quality of life assessment: introducing the mother-generated indexAndrew Symon
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee, Scotland
Birth 29:40-6. 2002..This pilot study introduces a subjective tool, the Mother-Generated Index, which assesses the woman's quality of life and identifies those aspects that are of most concern to her...
- Ten things that motivational interviewing is notWilliam R Miller
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Logan Hall, Albuquerque, New Mexico NM 87131 1161, USA
Behav Cogn Psychother 37:129-40. 2009..In the 26 years since it was first introduced in this journal, motivational interviewing (MI) has become confused with various other ideas and approaches, owing in part to its rapid international diffusion...
- Preliminary validity and reliability testing of a structured clinical interview for pathological gamblingJon E Grant
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown Medical School, 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Psychiatry Res 128:79-88. 2004..The SCI-PG demonstrated excellent reliability and validity in diagnosing PG in subjects presenting with gambling problems. These findings require replication in other groups to examine their generalizability...
- Motivational interviewing to improve treatment engagement and outcome in individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse: a multisite effectiveness studyKathleen M Carroll
Division of Substance Abuse, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 81:301-12. 2006....
- Counselor skill influences outcomes of brief motivational interventionsJacques Gaume
Alcohol Treatment Centre, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Subst Abuse Treat 37:151-9. 2009....
- Randomized trial of training and supervision in motivational interviewing with adolescent drug treatment practitionersLuke Mitcheson
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Subst Abuse Treat 37:73-8. 2009..Progress made indicates the importance of ongoing supervision, and for high level skill acquisition to occur requires more intensive support of learning from ongoing practice than was used here...
- A1 Ain Community Psychiatric Survey. I. Prevalence and socio-demographic correlatesM T Abou-Saleh
Department of Addictive Behaviour and Psychological Medicine, St. George's Hospital Medical School, University of London, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 36:20-8. 2001..Differences in rates are explained by different methodologies used...
- Lifetime prevalence of mental disorders in Lebanon: first onset, treatment, and exposure to warElie G Karam
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Saint George Hospital University Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
PLoS Med 5:e61. 2008..Thus, the current study aims at investigating the lifetime prevalence, treatment, age of onset of mental disorders, and their relationship to war in Lebanon...
- Accuracy of self-reported arrests among a forensic SPMI populationAnnette S Crisanti
State of Hawai i, Department of Health, West Hawai i Mental Health Service, Kealakekua 96750, USA
Behav Sci Law 23:295-305. 2005..Further research on issues such as the accuracy of self-reports over longer recall periods, or the accuracy of self-reported frequency of arrest, is necessary, given the reliance on self-report methodology in outcome studies...
- An evaluation of a computer-based psychiatric assessment: evidence for expanded useD Cawthorpe
Department of Psychiatry, Calgary Regional Health Authority and The Alberta Mental Health Board, Canada
Cyberpsychol Behav 4:503-10. 2001....
- Multiple assessments of depressive symptoms as an index of depression in population-based samplesIvan Nyklicek
Research Unit of The Diagnostic Center Eindhoven, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 128:111-6. 2004..When employed repeatedly, a more stable depression may be tapped, which can be of substantial value for both epidemiological research and clinical practice...
- Selection of a substance use disorder diagnostic instrument by the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials NetworkRobert F Forman
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 27:1-8. 2004..Implications for practice/research collaboration and initiatives are explored...
- Assessing competence in the use of motivational interviewingTheresa B Moyers
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 28:19-26. 2005..Implications for the use of this instrument in research and supervision are discussed...
- Monitoring depression treatment outcomes with the patient health questionnaire-9Bernd Löwe
Department of General Internal and Psychosomatic Medicine, Heidelberg University Medical Center, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Med Care 42:1194-201. 2004..We investigated responsiveness to treatment, reproducibility, and minimal clinically important difference of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9), a standard instrument for diagnosing depression in primary care...
- Motivational interviewingJennifer Hettema
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 1161, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 1:91-111. 2005..Progress toward a theory of MI is described, as is research on how clinicians develop proficiency in this method...
- Test-Retest Reliability of the Preschool Age Psychiatric Assessment (PAPA)Helen Link Egger
Center for Developmental Epidemiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:538-49. 2006..To examine the test-retest reliability of a new interviewer-based psychiatric diagnostic measure (the Preschool Age Psychiatric Assessment) for use with parents of preschoolers aged 2 to 5 years...
- Gender and risk assessment accuracy: underestimating women's violence potentialJennifer Skeem
Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 7085, USA
Law Hum Behav 29:173-86. 2005..Implications for future research on the judgment processes that may underlie MHPs' limited accuracy with women and for training programs in violence risk assessment are discussed...
- A scale to screen for DSM-IV Axis I disorders in psychiatric out-patients: performance of the Psychiatric Diagnostic Screening QuestionnaireM Zimmerman
Department of Psychiatry, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Psychol Med 36:1601-11. 2006..Because some of the sizes of the diagnostic groups in the initial report were modest, it is important to determine whether the recommended cut-off scores to screen for psychiatric disorders remained the same in a replication study...
- The CBCL predicts DSM bipolar disorder in children: a receiver operating characteristic curve analysisStephen V Faraone
Medical Genetics Research Program and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Bipolar Disord 7:518-24. 2005..The CBCL-PBD profile on the Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL) has been consistently reported showing deviant findings on the Attention Problems, Aggressive Behavior, and Anxious-Depressed subscales...
- Development and validation of a new procedure for the diagnostic assessment of personality disorder: the Multidimensional Personality Disorder Rating Scale (MPDRS)Jeffrey G Johnson
Columbia University, New York, USA
J Pers Disord 22:246-58. 2008....
- Screening for social fears and social anxiety disorder in psychiatric outpatientsKristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Compr Psychiatry 49:399-406. 2008..Results suggest that perhaps these fears could be added to the SCID screening question to capture individuals missed by the SCID screening question and to provide more comprehensive information for treatment purposes...
- Specificity of symptoms of depression in Alzheimer disease: a longitudinal analysisSergio E Starkstein
Education Building T 7, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, 6959 WA, Australia
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:802-7. 2005..Authors examined the temporal stability of symptoms of major and minor depression and apathy in dementia...
- DSM-IV or ICD-10-DCR diagnoses in child and adolescent psychiatry: does it matter?Merete Juul Sørensen
Psychiatric Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Harald Selmersvej 66, 8240, Risskov, Denmark
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 14:335-40. 2005..Knowledge of differences is essential when research findings are implemented in daily clinical practice. We examined differences between the two diagnostic systems regarding three major child psychiatric diagnostic categories...
- [The psychopathy-concept and its psychometric evaluation in childhood and adolescence]Kathrin Sevecke
Klinick für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters der Universität zu Köln
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 54:173-90. 2005..This paper discusses the concept of psychopathy for adolescents on the basis of 3 case reports. Biological determinants, experimental results and diagnostic aspects are described...
- [Age and gender: confounders for axis I disorders as risk factors for suicide]Barbara Schneider
Zentrum der Psychiatrie, Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt Main
Psychiatr Prax 32:185-94. 2005..163 suicides and 396 population-based control persons were assessed with a standardized semi-structured interview including SCID-I (for DSM-IV)...
- The role of affective instability and impulsivity in predicting future BPD featuresSarah L Tragesser
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Pers Disord 21:603-14. 2007..These results are consistent with Linehan's theory (1993) that emotional dysregulation drives the other BPD symptoms...
- Parent and child agreement for acute stress disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychopathology in a prospective study of children and adolescents exposed to single-event traumaRichard Meiser-Stedman
Department of Psychology P77, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:191-201. 2007..The findings support the need to directly interview children and adolescents, particularly for the early screening of posttraumatic stress, and suggest that other anxiety disorders may have a clearer presentation post-trauma...
- Severity Indices of Personality Problems (SIPP-118): development, factor structure, reliability, and validityRoel Verheul
Viersprong Institute for Studies on Personality Disorders VISPD, Center of Psychotherapy De Viersprong, Halsteren, The Netherlands
Psychol Assess 20:23-34. 2008..Taken together, the final instrument, the SIPP-118, provides a set of 5 reliable, valid, and efficient indices of the core components of (mal)adaptive personality functioning...
- The assessment of binge eating disorder in obese women: a comparison of the binge eating scale with the structured clinical interview for the DSM-IVSilvia R Freitas
State Institute of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Eat Behav 7:282-9. 2006..3%. The test-retest reliability, measured by kappa statistics, was 0.66. Cronbach's alpha was 0.89. These results suggest that the BES is valid as a screening instrument for BED in obese Brazilian women seeking treatment for obesity...
- Korean panic disorder severity scale: construct validity by confirmatory factor analysisYoung Jin Lim
Department of Psychiatry, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Depress Anxiety 24:95-102. 2007..Furthermore, our results support the construct validity of the Korean version of the PDSS...
- Gender differences in psychiatric morbidity and violent behaviour among a household population in Great BritainMin Yang
Forensic Psychiatry Research Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, William Harvey House, 61 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:599-605. 2007....
- Testing new diagnostic criteria for hypomaniaFranco Benazzi
Hecker Psychiatry Research Center, Forli, Italy
Ann Clin Psychiatry 19:99-104. 2007..Angst has suggested new criteria for hypomania, giving priority to overactivity. Study aim was to test the validity of Angst's diagnostic criteria for hypomania...
- [Validity of axis III "Conflicts" of Operationalized Psychodynamic Diagnostics (OPD-1)--empirical results and conclusions for OPD-2]Gudrun Schneider
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie am Universitätsklinikum Münster
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 54:46-62. 2008..Using specific psychometric instruments, we investigate criteria-related validity of axis III ("conflicts") of OPD-1 by a priori formulated hypotheses concerning the relations to the main conflict/mode...
- A tetrachoric factor analysis validation of mixed depressionFranco Benazzi
Hecker Psychiatry Research Center, Forli, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:186-92. 2008..However, its diagnostic validity and bipolar nature are still not firmly supported. A bipolar nature could have significant treatment impacts...
- Diagnostic specificity and nonspecificity in the dimensions of preschool psychopathologySONYA STERBA
Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1005-13. 2007..To inform this debate, we investigate whether preschool psychopathology shows differentiation along diagnostically specific lines when DSM-IV symptoms are aggregated statistically...
- Psychiatric morbidity and its screening in Turkish women with breast cancer: a comparison between the HADS and SCID testsElvan Ozalp
Ankara Oncology Training and Research Hospital, Psychiatry Clinic, Ankara, Turkey
Psychooncology 17:668-75. 2008..This study's objective was to determine the overall performance of Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) as a screening instrument in identifying cases of psychiatric morbidity such as ADs and MDD...
- Should relational aggression be included in DSM-V?Kate Keenan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:86-93. 2008....
- Psychometric properties of the Eating Disorders in Obesity questionnaire: validating against the Eating Disorder Examination interviewJ de Man Lapidoth
Department of Clinical Medicine, Orebro University, and Psychiatric Research Centre, SE 70116 Orebro, Sweden
Eat Weight Disord 12:168-75. 2007..Results suggest that the EDO is a short, easily administered instrument with good psychometric properties which makes it a suitable, economical method of assessing eating disorders and binge eating in clinical WLT settings...
- Response: assessing the instrumentsJack D Blaine
Addict Sci Clin Pract 4:31-3. 2007
- Cross-cultural study of conviction subtype Taijin Kyofu: proposal and reliability of Nagoya-Osaka diagnostic criteria for social anxiety disorderYoshihiro Kinoshita
Department of Psychiatry, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:307-13. 2008..5% with DSM-IV and 87.6% with the modified DSM-IV with Nagoya-Osaka criteria (p < 0.001). These findings indicate that the Nagoya-Osaka criteria for SAD can improve interrater reliability of SAD...
- Factor structure, reliability and criterion validity of the Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ): a study in Dutch population and patient groupsRosa A Hoekstra
Department of Biological Psychology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1555-66. 2008..Men scored higher than women and science students higher than non-science students. The Dutch translation of the AQ is a reliable instrument to assess autism spectrum conditions...
- Informativeness of maternal reports on the diagnosis of ADHD: an analysis of mother and youth reportsJoseph Biederman
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Atten Disord 10:410-7. 2007..We evaluated correlates of the diagnosis of ADHD in youth by informant source...
- Subject and interviewer determinants of the adequacy of the dynamic interviewJ Christopher Perry
The Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry, Sir Mortimer B Davis, Jewish General Hospital McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:612-9. 2008..Adequate dynamic interviews established a positive subject-interviewer interaction, facilitated subject exploration, and minimized technical interviewing errors, thereby yielding sufficient topic coverage...
- Comparing the CAAPE, a new assessment tool for co-occurring disorders, with the SCIDSandra M Gallagher
La Frontera Center Inc, Tucson, AZ 85701, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 30:63-5. 2006..The CAAPE promises to be a useful screening and diagnostic instrument for persons with co-occurring disorders, especially suited for use in psychosocial rehabilitation...
- Sleep problems, comorbid mental disorders, and role functioning in the national comorbidity survey replicationThomas Roth
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:1364-71. 2006..Little is known about the population prevalence of sleep problems or whether the associations of sleep problems with role impairment are due to comorbid mental disorders...
- Occupational Functioning Scale (OFS)--an instrument for assessment of work ability in psychiatric disordersJorma A Hannula
Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 60:372-8. 2006..26 and 0.12). OFS is a simple, reliable and clinically meaningful instrument for assessment of work ability in depressive and anxiety disorders...
- Examination of the known-groups validity of the Liebowitz Social Anxiety ScaleRichard G Heimberg
Adult Anxiety Clinic, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122 6085, USA
Depress Anxiety 24:447-54. 2007..Limitations and future directions for research on the LSAS are discussed...
- Challenging DSM-IV criteria for hypomania: diagnosing based on number of no-priority symptomsFranco Benazzi
Hecker Psychiatry Research Center at Forli, Forli, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 22:99-103. 2007..DSM-IV definition of hypomania of bipolar-II disorder (BP-II), which includes elevated/irritable mood change as core feature (i.e., it must always be present), is not based on sound evidence...
- [Diagnostic of personality disorders in adolescence according to SCID-II]H Salbach-Andrae
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 36:117-25. 2008..In addition, we identified predicting factors for personality disorders in adolescent psychiatric inpatients...
- The schizotypal ambivalence scale as a marker of schizotypyMonica C Mann
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:399-404. 2008..The SAS seems to be a promising measure of schizotypy in young adults...
- The GRID-HAMD: standardization of the Hamilton Depression Rating ScaleJanet B W Williams
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:120-9. 2008..Overall, these data suggest that the GRID-HAMD is an improvement over the original Guy version as well as the SIGH-D in its incorporation of innovative features and preservation of high reliability and validity...
- Structure of the autism symptom phenotype: A proposed multidimensional modelStelios Georgiades
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:188-96. 2007....
- Assessing the clinical utility of agoraphobia in the context of panic disorderNorman B Schmidt
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:158-66. 2008..In summary, the agoraphobia specifier seems to have clinical utility but this could be improved by focusing on a dimensional assessment of situational avoidance...
- Computer-administered interviews and rating scalesHoward N Garb
Psychology Research Service, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX 78236 5300, USA
Psychol Assess 19:4-13. 2007..However, the use of computer-administered interviews and rating scales will sometimes lead to false positive diagnoses, and for this reason, it is recommended that computer assessment be combined with clinical judgment...
- Psychiatric manifestations in Wilson's disease: a cross-sectional analysisA Shanmugiah
Department of Neurology, NIMH and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 029, Karnataka, India
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 20:81-5. 2008..Formal assessment of psychopathology in all patients with Wilson's disease may have therapeutic significance...
- Prevalence of co-occurring disorders among juveniles committed to detention centersAna M Abrantes
Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Brown University, Box G BH Providence, RI 02912, USA
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 49:179-93. 2005..Results demonstrated that a majority of adolescents manifested multiple problems. Whereas prevalence rates were high across gender, females displayed significantly greater mental health problems and maltreatment histories...
- Is juvenile obsessive-compulsive disorder a developmental subtype of the disorder?--Findings from an Indian studyT S Jaisoorya
Dept of Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Bangalore 560029, Karnataka, India
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:290-7. 2003..The juvenile OCD appears to be different from both juvenile-onset adult OCD and adult-onset OCD supporting previous observations that juvenile OCD could be a developmental subtype of the disorder...
- The Homeless Supplement to the Diagnostic Interview Schedule: test-retest analysesCarol S North
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 13:184-91. 2004..Replication is needed in larger, more representative samples and comparison of reliability with other psychiatric and cognitive characteristics...
- The reliability of the Mini-International Neuropsychiatric Interview--Italian versionAlberto Rossi
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:561-3. 2004
- [Study of compatibility of psychiatric diagnoses with ICD-10 diagnostic criteria using the SCAN questionnaire]Tomasz Adamowski
Katedra i Klinika Psychiatrii AM, Wrocławiu
Psychiatr Pol 40:761-73. 2006..Authors aimed at testing whether psychiatrists in their diagnostic process obeyed strict ICD-10 diagnostic criteria. Diagnoses made by psychiatrists at discharge were compared with those of SCAN ver.2.1 on admission...
- The structure of child and adolescent psychopathology: generating new hypothesesBenjamin B Lahey
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 113:358-85. 2004....
- Estimating the prevalence of mental and somatic disorders in the community: aims and methods of the German National Health Interview and Examination SurveyFrank Jacobi
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Unit, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 11:1-18. 2002..Overall, the GHS core survey and its mental health supplement provide the mental health research community with complex data that allow for high-quality analysis of mental disorders and associations with somatic disorders...
- Co-occurring psychiatric symptoms and drug dependence or heavy drinking among HIV-positive peopleFrank H Galvan
Center for AIDS Research, Education and Services and the Collaborative Alcohol Research Center, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 35:153-60. 2003..Sixty-nine percent of those with a substance-related condition also had psychiatric symptoms; 27% of those with psychiatric symptoms also had a substance-related condition...
- Psychiatric disorders among older adolescents treated in emergency departments on weekends: a comparison with a matched community sampleThomas M Kelly
Pittsburgh Adolescent Alcohol Research Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:616-22. 2003....
- Measuring mental health of the Dutch population: a comparison of the GHQ-12 and the MHI-5Nancy Hoeymans
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, P, O, Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:23. 2004..Therefore, we studied the relationship of the GHQ-12 and MHI-5 with sociodemographic characteristics, self-reported visits to general practice and mental health care, and with diagnoses made by the general practitioner...
- An illustration of how a self-report diagnostic screening scale could improve the internal validity of antidepressant efficacy trialsMark Zimmerman
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Affect Disord 80:79-85. 2004....
- Assessing depression in youth: relation between the Children's Depression Inventory and a structured interviewBenedikte Timbremont
Department of Developmental, Personality and Social Psychology, Ghent University, Belgium
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:149-57. 2004..Those results provide support for the usefulness of the CDI as a screening tool for detecting depressive disorders in children and adolescents...
- Co-morbid post-traumatic stress disorder in a substance misusing clinical populationMartina Reynolds
School of Social Sciences and Law, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK
Drug Alcohol Depend 77:251-8. 2005....
- Feasibility, reliability and validity of the Spanish version of Psychiatric Assessment Schedule for Adults with Developmental Disability: a structured psychiatric interview for intellectual disabilityR G Gonzalez-Gordon
Clinical Unit, AFANAS, Jerez, Spain
J Intellect Disabil Res 46:209-17. 2002..The aim of the present study was to standardize the Spanish version of the Psychiatric Assessment Schedule for Adults with Developmental Disability (PAS-ADD-10), a semi-structured interview for people with ID...
- Profiles of "manic" symptoms in bipolar I, bipolar II and major depressive disordersAlessandro Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Institute, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
J Affect Disord 84:159-66. 2005....
- Classifying psychiatric disorders after traumatic brain injury and orthopaedic injury in children: adequacy of K-SADS versus CBCLRenske Wassenberg
University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Brain Inj 18:377-90. 2004..Research design: Cross-sectional psychiatric study of 72 children with traumatic brain injuries or orthopaedic injuries aged 5-14...
- Clinical implications of pervasive manic symptoms in childrenGabrielle A Carlson
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:1050-8. 2003..Prior investigations of cross-informant agreement among parents, teachers, and clinicians about externalizing and internalizing problems have not directly addressed agreement about manic symptoms...
- Analysis of Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 profiles of prospective anonymous oocyte donors in relation to the outcome of the donor selection processS C Klock
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Fertil Steril 72:1066-72. 1999..To examine the scores of prospective anonymous oocyte donors on the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2) in four outcome groups...
- Hypospadias: incidence and effects on psychosexual development as evaluated with the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test in a sample of 11,649 young Italian menNicola Mondaini
Department of Urology, University of Florence, Italy
Urol Int 68:81-5. 2002..Some defects in methodology, such as low response rates, heterogeneity of age ranges and the choice of controls, have been the main limitations. Our study was designed to take these problems into account...
- [Research into communication and health. A Spanish and international perspective through bibliometric analysis]J A Bellón Saameño
Medico de Familia, Centro de Salud El Palo Málaga, Malaga, Spain
Aten Primaria 27:452-8. 2001..1. To find the scientific output on communication and health both in Spain and internationally. 2. To compare the two outputs according to the type of articles published and the design of the research...
- Psychosocial aspects and mental health in children after permanent pacemaker implantationC Andersen
Department of Anaesthesiology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Cardiol 49:405-18. 1994..The psychological interview used intelligence tests and the Draw-A-Person test as well as the Rorschach test...
- [Migraine type childhood headache aggravated by sexual abuse: case report]Hakan Kaleagasi
Department of Neurology, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Agri 21:80-2. 2009..A multidisciplinary approach with the Departments of Forensic Sciences and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and detailed psychiatric evaluation should be useful in these cases...
- Drug use patterns in young German women and association with mental disordersIsabel Hach
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, TU Dresden, Germany
Ann Pharmacother 38:1529-34. 2004..There is a lack of data about drug use patterns in young women. Mental disorders may influence those drug use patterns...
- Psychological status of patients with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitisSevim Bavbek
Ankara University, Medical School, Department of Allergy, Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 12:204-10. 2002..Since the recognition of specific psychiatric disorders can have therapeutic importance, further studies focusing on the associations of these disorders and allergic rhinitis should be conducted...
- Screening for GAD among Frail ElderlyGretchen Diefenbach; Fiscal Year: 2006..The R03 will provide pilot data to support a subsequent R34 to develop and pilot test a cognitive behavioral treatment for use within the community-based program. ..
- Behavioral Approach System (BAS)and Bipolar Spectrum: Biopsychosocial IntegrationLAUREN ALLOY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these same factors will be examined to predict general worsening of course and progression to Bi II and Bi I status among the Bi Ss. ..
- CLINICAL AND PSYCHOSOCIAL INFLUENCES ON HIV THERAPYRichard Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- Training Strategies for Motivational InterviewingSteve Martino; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Brief Substance Abuse Treatment for Homeless AdolescentsJOHN BAER; Fiscal Year: 2005..TAU includes drop-in programs (hygiene, food, material assistance, and case management). Follow-up interviews at one- and three-months post-treatment, will assess substance use, stage of change, and service utilization. ..
- Outreach and Treatment for Depression in the Labor ForceRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is an extremely important opportunity for rapid and widespread dissemination in an area of research where dissemination of positive results has traditionally been a serious problem. ..
- Risk Factors for Psychopathology in the WHO WMH SurveysRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2009..Third, the level of detail in the description of data analysis plans has been substantially expanded in this revised submission in response to reviewer comments. ..
- Computer-Adapted Standardized Patients InstrumentJOHN BAER; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research and development team has extensive experience with Ml and with technology applications for training in academic and small business contexts. ..
- MENTAL DISORDERS AS RISK FACTORS FOR SUBSTANCE DISORDERSRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Testing Theory-Based Training in Motivational InterviewingTheresa B Moyers; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will also provide a foundation for future investigations of effective ingredients of substance abuse treatments. ..
- Development and Evaluation of Context Tailored TrainingJOHN BAER; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, subsequent proposals for research on a much larger scale can test training effectiveness across a broad range of agencies, personnel, and topics. ..
- Quantifying the Value of Value-Based PurchasingRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Hurricane Katrina Community Advisory GroupRonald C Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- How Does Motivational Interviewing Reduce Alcohol Abuse?Theresa Moyers; Fiscal Year: 2004..The integrity of the Project MATCH motivational enhancement therapy (MET) and the comprehensive client follow up data already collected in that project provide a vehicle for cost-effective investigation of mechanisms of action in MI. ..
- Female Anti-Problem Drinking Group & Campus InitiativesJoseph LaBrie; Fiscal Year: 2006..Campus awareness will increase and campus culture will be changed. Evaluation/analysis plan is included. ..
- Psychotherapy Training Pediatric Bipolar DisorderMary Fristad; Fiscal Year: 2006..A commercial outlet is anticipated to purchase and market the therapist training manual and training DVD; the website, which will be expanded during Phase II, will be used to aid marketing efforts. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving informed consent in Alzheimer disease researchJason Karlawish; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will also begin to elucidate how experts make judgments of competency. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FAMILY PSYCHOEDUCATION: EFFICACY IN CHILD MOOD DISORDERSMary Fristad; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Measuring implicit associations about suicideMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this research have significant implications for research and clinical efforts related to suicide assessment. ..
- Consent Methods and Participation in Geriatric Clinical ResearchJason Karlawish; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results will assist researchers and proxies in conducting subject-centered informed consent discussions. ..
- Maximizing CBT's Efficacy with Medication & CMKathleen Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2009..Variables assessing theoretical mechanisms of action will be assessed monthly during treatment. ..
- Prevalence of and Risk and Protective Factors for Suicidal BehaviorsMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Persistence and Desistence in Heavy Drinking and ViolenceHelene R White; Fiscal Year: 2010..Within a 2-year period, we will be able to make a significant contribution to the scholarly literature and provide data to be used in the development of targeted pre,vention programs. ..
- PREVENTING TREATMENT ATTRITION IN CHILD THERAPYMatthew Nock; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- COMMUNITY EQUIPOISE AND THE ETHICS OF CLINICAL RESEARCHJason Karlawish; Fiscal Year: 2002..Karlawish advanced training in bioethics scholarship. Other sponsors include experts in clinical trial design, Alzheimers Disease research and empirical research in research ethics. ..
- Longitudinal Course and Impact of DepressionJEREMY PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- A Culturally-Based Family Therapy for SchizophreniaAmy Weisman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Pi's long term goal is to develop effective culturally informed family interventions for schizophrenia and related disorders, in Spanish and in English. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Genetics of Drug-Abuse Related PhenotypesJoseph Cubells; Fiscal Year: 2007..The latter goal will be accomplished by the candidate directing the newly-established Yale Human Behavioral Genetics Clinic, which offers psychiatric and substance-abuse services to patients with genetic illnesses. ..
- Recovery & Help-Seeking Processes in Problem DrinkersJALIE TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research appropriately models an "open economy" in which drinking problems are developed, maintained, and must be resolved. ..
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) Collaborative Genetics Association StudyDaniel A Geller; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these analyses will guide future molecular strategies to identify genes involved in the pathogenesis of OCD. The clinical and genotype data from the sample will be publicly available for OCD genetics research. ..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- Validating a child acute stress measure in English and SpanishNancy Kassam Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TeleCare Management of Pain and Depression in CancerKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, if proven effective for depression and pain, TCM could readily be expanded to reducing barriers and improving care of other cancer-related symptoms. ..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Preadolescent Precursors to Depression in GirlsKATHRYN KEENAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Telehealth Assessment of Risk Behaviors in Rural HIV+ Substance UsersJALIE TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Impulsivity and Partner Violence in Male AlcoholicsJULIE SCHUMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Promoting Self-Change From Alcohol Problems: Mechanisms of Change in a CommunityLinda Sobell; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity in schizophreniaJoseph Cubells; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identifying predictors of varying outcomes in SCZ would open new avenues for development of targeted interventions that could significantly ameliorate the impact of SCZ on individuals and society. ..
- Sociocultural Processes in Latina Suicide AttemptsLuis Zayas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Key research goals are to determine if, and how, the explanatory factors hypothesized in the literature play a role in the attempts, and to invite the emergence of factors not considered previously. ..
- Spectrum of Narcolepsy in the Probands FamiliesMAURICE OHAYON; Fiscal Year: 2007..A blood sample (3-5 ml) will be asked also to all participants. This will allow us to link some genetic markers of narcolepsy to specific symptoms even in subjects without the full-fledge manifestation of the disease. ..
- PARENTAL DEPRESSION AND INFANT DEVELOPMENTPeter Lewinsohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information is important for the design of preventative interventions intended to reduce the deleterious effects of parental depression on children. ..
- PROGRAMMATIC TREATMENT INNOVATION RESEARCHWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR TRAINING ENHANCEMENT: CITE PROGRAMKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MDD in Adolescents & Young Adults: Pathways & ProcessesDaniel Klein; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will use latent growth curve modeling to identify distinct groups of developmental trajectories of psychopathology in offspring, and examine grandparental, parental, and familial predictors of these trajectories. ..
- PREDOCTORAL RESEARCH TRAINING IN MINORITY MENTAL HEALTHLuis Zayas; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our goal is to produce highly trained mental health investigators with interest, skills, and experience in addressing the psychiatric and psychosocial needs of Hispanic and other minority populations. ..
- Hispanicity, Language, and Psychiatric DiagnosisLuis Zayas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Spanish-only taped interviews, the second clinician who will be monolingual (English) will also be assisted by the translator. Data analysis consists of both quantitative and qualitative approaches. ..
- JUVENILE ONSET OCD AS A MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT SUBTYPEDaniel Geller; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical, scientific, and public health relevance of confirming or refuting these hypotheses is discussed. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- REDUCING PERINATAL DEPRESSION AND ENHANCING PARENTINGLuis Zayas; Fiscal Year: 2002..A comparison group of pregnant depressed women will receive the standard services offered by their health care centers. A second comparison group of non-depressed pregnant women will also receive standard services. ..
- Validity of Preschool Disruptive Behavior DisordersKATHRYN KEENAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..If DSM-IV diagnoses of ODD and CD are valid for preschoolers, then etiologic and prevention research must focus on the first years of life. ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- Characterizing Affective Instability Using EMATimothy Trull; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENT OF BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER FEATURESTimothy Trull; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Alcohol Use Reduction in Methadone Individuals with HCVAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Community-Based Approach to Designing an AIDS Program for HIV+ Mothers in IndiaAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will lead to future funding to actually develop and test a newly designed program. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TB/HIV RISK REDUCTION WITH HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTEDAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Non-Medical Prescription Drug Use Among High-Risk YouthStephen E Lankenau; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Treating Child Sexual Abuse: Effectiveness Pilot StudyRochelle Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TREATMENT OF SOMATIZATION IN PRIMARY CAREMichael Gara; Fiscal Year: 2004..In spite of the relatively high prevalence of somatization in this group, to our knowledge, there are no controlled trials of the effectiveness of treatments for somatization in the Latino community. ..
- Weaving Work and Family: Implications for Mother and ChildJOSEPH GRZYWACZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurobiologic Study of Psychological Distress & DementiaRobert S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Images of self and others in AIDS-orphaned youthWarren Reich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will lay the groundwork for theoretically informed prevention interventions. ..
- Ethnicity and the Diagnosis of Affective IllnessMichael Gara; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final objective is to determine whether Latinos are at risk for similar problems in diagnostic assessments and treatment assignment. ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF END OF LIFE DECISION MAKINGMarie Nolan; Fiscal Year: 2003..3)There will be a change from more control to less control in patients' decision control preferences as they approach death ..
- ANXIETY, DISINHIBITION, AND RISK FOR DRUG ABUSEKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotypic indices of vulnerability using combinations of clinical and psychophysiological measures. ..
- Explaining the Extraversion /Positive Affect RelationRichard Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results will also have implications for researchers' use of experience sampling measure of personality and emotion. ..
- BEHAVIORAL/PHARMACOLOGIC TREATMENT OF ALCOHOLISMWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, each study site has provided site-specific information on the budget, budget justifications, listing of key personnel, consultant/consortium agreements, and human subjects sections of their respective proposals. ..
- Modeling HIV Diffusion through Drug Using NetworksWilliam Zule; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PRECURSORS TO ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY AND VIOLENCERolf Loeber; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Desistance versus persistence in antisocial behaviorRolf Loeber; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we will explore whether resistors are able to function as well adjusted adults, free from significant mental health problems (e.g., antisocial personality disorder, substance abuse, depression). [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Hispanic Retention in Antidepressant TherapyRoberto Lewis Fernandez; Fiscal Year: 2003..This pilot data will allow us to apply for an R01 to further study this intervention and model in a controlled clinical trial. ..
- AN EVALUATION OF THE OXFORD HOUSE MODELLEONARD JASON; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study would be the first longitudinal evaluation of Oxford Houses, and it would provide important information on the nature and role of the Oxford House experience on long-term sobriety among recovering alcoholics. ..
- Motivating Changes in Condom, Methamphetamine Use During MSM Sexual EncountersWilliam Zule; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Child Psychopathology and Risk for Drug Use DisordersNAOMI MARMORSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..These hypotheses will be examined using survival analyses, odds ratios, logistic regression, and hierarchical linear modeling; the correlated nature of the twin data used in this study will be statistically controlled. ..
- TEST OF A DISSONANCE EATING DISORDER PREVENTION PROGRAMEric Stice; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the proposed study should be the definitive test of this new promising eating disorder prevention program and should significantly advance our knowledge regarding the prevention of this pervasive psychiatric problem. ..