Summary: A subspecialty of psychiatry concerned with the mental health of the aged.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Suicide among older peopleJill Manthorpe
Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King s College London
Nurs Older People 17:25-9. 2006..This article considers possible risk factors and suggests ways of reducing and containing potential harm. It also explores ways of responding when prevention of suicide fails...
- Impact of an educational workshop upon attitudes towards pharmacotherapy for deliriumDavid J Meagher
Department of Adult Psychiatry, Midwestern Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland
Int Psychogeriatr 22:938-46. 2010..There is uncertainty regarding the optimal use of pharmacological strategies in delirium particularly regarding preferred agents, duration of treatment and effectiveness in different populations...
- The application of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 among geriatric psychiatry patients: a pilot studyAjit Shah
Institute for Philosophy, Diversity and Mental Health, University of Central Lancashire, Preston and West London Mental Health NHS Trust, London, UK
Int Psychogeriatr 21:922-30. 2009..The experience of clinicians working in Old Age Psychiatry, who are likely to have greater experience in the use of MCA, in the early implementation of the MCA was examined...
- Joint geriatric and psychiatric wards: a review of the literatureJim George
Department of Medicine for the Elderly, Cumberland Infirmary, Newtown Road, Carlisle CA2 7HY, UK
Age Ageing 40:543-8. 2011..Further research is needed, particularly regarding cost-effectiveness...
- Reports in pharmacological treatments in geriatric psychiatry: is there anything new or just adding to old evidence?Jerson Laks
School of Medical Sciences, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Center for Alzheimer s Disease, Institute of Psychiatry, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:562-7. 2008..Dementia and depression are serious causes of global impairment in the elderly. This review is aimed at finding pharmacological reports from 2007-2008 so as to examine whether new guidance is available to treat these patients...
- Sociodemographic characteristics of the neighborhood and depressive symptoms in older adults: using multilevel modeling in geriatric psychiatryCelia F Hybels
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:498-506. 2006..Our objective was to examine the association between neighborhood context and level of depressive symptomatology in older adults in a diverse geographic region of central North Carolina...
- Psychiatric consultation in the nursing home: referral patterns and recognition of depressionRaphael J Leo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Erie County Medical Center, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Psychosom Res 53:783-7. 2002..To assess the accuracy of referrals to psychiatric consultants for depression (or depression-related disorders) among nursing home residents...
- Evidence-based caregiver interventions in geriatric psychiatryRichard Schulz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 121 University Place, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:1007-38, x. 2005
- Telemedicine and geriatric psychiatry: directions for future research and policyB N Jones
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 14:59-62. 2001..It is not clear what model of telepsychiatry constitutes the best practice for geriatric psychiatry. Future research and program evaluations should address these questions to guide the use of telepsychiatry ..
- Prevalence of psychiatric symptoms and mental disorders detected in primary care in an elderly Spanish population. The PSICOTARD Study: preliminary findingsJavier Olivera
Unidad de Salud Mental Pirineos, Programa de Psiquiatría Geriátrica Huesca, Spain
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:915-21. 2008..To detect factors associated with the psychopathology of the elderly, and to demonstrate that specific training for GPs (General Practitioners) in the use of psychogeriatric screening instruments significantly increases detection...
- Population pharmacokinetics in geriatric psychiatryKristin L Bigos
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:993-1003. 2006..This article reviews the methods used in pharmacokinetic modeling, as well as providing examples of population pharmacokinetic modeling, highlighting its application to geriatric psychiatry.
- A multifactorial intervention for the prevention of falls in psychogeriatric nursing home patients, a randomised controlled trial (RCT)Jacques C L Neyens
Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht 6200MD, The Netherlands
Age Ageing 38:194-9. 2009..to evaluate the effectiveness of a multifactorial intervention on incidence of falls in psychogeriatric nursing home patients...
- Ethnic minority elders: are they neglected in published geriatric psychiatry literature?Ajit Shah
John Connolly Unit, West London Mental Health NHS Trust, London, UK
Int Psychogeriatr 20:1041-5. 2008The population size of the elderly from ethnic minority groups in many developing countries is rapidly increasing. The authors perceived a paucity of publications in the geriatric psychiatry literature pertaining to ethnic minority elders.
- Geriatric psychiatry consultations in a Turkish university hospitalIzzet Cagri Yazgan
Department of Psychiatry, Marmara University Medical Faculty, Altunizade Istanbul, Turkey
Int Psychogeriatr 18:327-33. 2006The size of the elderly population is growing rapidly in Turkey. We aimed to characterize geriatric psychiatry consultations to obtain the characteristic pattern of these patients for further interventions.
- Position statement of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry regarding principles of care for patients with dementia resulting from Alzheimer diseaseConstantine G Lyketsos
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:561-72. 2006
- Research ethics issues in geriatric psychiatryLaura B Dunn
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, Box GPP 0984, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 32:395-411. 2009..In depression and suicide research, further work is needed to develop standard procedures for meeting the ethical demands of research while conducting rigorous, crucial research...
- Focus on geriatric psychiatry: schizophrenia in later life: clinical symptoms and social well-beingCarl I Cohen
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Box 1203, 450 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:232-4. 2008..This column reviews recent findings on the outcome and associated features of clinical symptom and social well-being categories for older adults with early-onset schizophrenia...
- Clinical ethics issues in geriatric psychiatryArt Walaszek
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 6001 Research Park Boulevard, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 32:343-59. 2009..Psychiatrists must be vigilant that the mental health needs of older adults, including access to effective therapies, are addressed adequately in such discussions...
- Pain assessment in a geriatric psychiatry programPaul Stolee
School of Optometry and Department of Health Studies and Gerontolgy, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Pain Res Manag 12:273-80. 2007..The assessment of pain in older persons with psychiatric illness is particularly challenging for health care professionals. There are few well-tested pain assessment tools for this population...
- Peculiarities of geriatric psychiatry: a focus on aging and depressionJerson Laks
Institute of Psychiatry of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
CNS Neurosci Ther 16:374-9. 2010There is a debate on whether Geriatric Psychiatry stands for itself as a discrete specialty or whether it is an extension of clinical Geriatrics, Neurology, and Psychiatry...
- Case series with late-onset psychosis hospitalized in a geriatric psychiatry unit in Turkey: experience in 9 yearsYesne Alici-Evcimen
Department of Neurology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Psychogeriatr 15:69-72. 2003..of Turkish inpatients with late-onset psychosis, and describe our 9-year experience at the only inpatient geriatric psychiatry department in Turkey. Among 420 patients hospitalized between 1993 and 2002, 27 were psychotic...
- Biomarkers in geriatric psychiatry: searching for the holy grail?Daniel M Blumberger
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:533-9. 2008....
- Barriers to access to mental health services for ethnic seniors: the Toronto studyJoel Sadavoy
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 49:192-9. 2004..To identify and describe barriers to access to mental health services encountered by ethnoracial seniors...
- Caregiving in geriatric psychiatryRichard Schulz
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:234-7. 2004
- The birth of a specialty: the first ten thousand patients of an old age psychiatry serviceA MacDonald
Institute of Psychiatry, London, U K
Int Psychogeriatr 19:53-63. 2007..There are few accounts of referrals to old age psychiatry services and no quantitative accounts of the referral patterns to such teams. We report on the first 10,000 patients newly referred to the first such service in the world...
- The implementation of snoezelen in psychogeriatric care: an evaluation through the eyes of caregiversJulia C M van Weert
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, P O Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Nurs Stud 41:397-409. 2004..However, the lack of intervention in the organisational structure and obstructive factors such as under-staffing seemed to get in the way of the integration of multi-sensory stimulation in the daily care in two of the six wards...
- Reminiscence therapy for older women with depression. Effects of nursing intervention classification in assisted-living long-term careEllen Davis Jones
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 29:26-33; quiz 56-7. 2003..The findings of this study suggest that a nurse-initiated intervention, NIC reminiscence therapy, was an effective treatment in reducing symptoms of depression among elderly women...
- Late life psychosis: assessment and general treatment strategiesHani Raoul Khouzam
Chemical Dependency Treatment Program, VA Central California Health Care System, Fresno, CA 93703, USA
Compr Ther 33:127-43. 2007..When psychosis occurs in the elderly, its assessment and treatment may pose a challenge for primary care clinicians and caregivers. This article will review the assessment and treatment of late life psychosis...
- Stigma and discrimination against older people with mental disorders in EuropeCarlos A de Mendonça Lima
Service Universitaire de Psychogériatrie and WHO Collaborating Centre for Old Age Psychiatry Lausanne Switzerland
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:679-82. 2003....
- Psychogeriatric services in the community and in long-term care facilities: needs and developmentsJohn Snowdon
Discipline of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:533-8. 2007..This review discusses recent findings and observations about psychogeriatric services in the community and in long-term care facilities, and aims to suggest how to improve or develop such services...
- Combined medical-psychiatric inpatient units: evaluation of the Centre for the ElderlyA B Maier
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Z Gerontol Geriatr 40:268-74. 2007..We conclude that interdisciplinary treatment between the departments of psychiatry and geriatric medicine may contribute to the medical needs of subgroups of elderly inpatients suffering from medical-psychiatric comorbidity...
- Improving treatment for depression in the nursing home population: integrating the model of the depression care managerWhitney L Carlson
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 15:128-32. 2007
- The case for liaison psychiatry for older adultsElizabeta B Mukaetova-Ladinska
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 62:107-8. 2007
- Improving geriatric mental health nursing care: making a case for going beyond psychotropic medicationsPhilippe Voyer
Faculty of Nursing, Laval University, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Cite Universitaire, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Int J Ment Health Nurs 12:11-21. 2003..Alternative non-pharmacological approaches that nurses can use to augment care are also briefly discussed...
- [Screening for factors relating to the development of mental disorders in the geriatric population (PSICOTARD)]Francisco Javier Olivera Pueyo
Unidad de Salud Mental Pirineos, Huesca, Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud I CS, Huesca, Spain
Aten Primaria 38:353-7. 2006....
- [Cooperation between municipalities and specialist health services--experiences from Trondheim]Helge Garåsen
Institutt for samfunnsmedisin, Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet, 7491 Trondheim
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:1198-200. 2005
- Old age mental health services in England: implementing the National Service Framework for Older PeopleSue Tucker
PSSRU, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:211-7. 2007..In England, the National Service Framework for Older People (NSFOP) sought to address these inconsistencies and improve care. This study describes the situation three years after its publication...
- Identification and management of depression in nursing facility residentsLynne E Kallenbach
Division of General and Geriatric Medicine, Landon Center on Aging, University of Kansas School of Medicine, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:448-55. 2006
- The use of assessment scales in Old Age Psychiatry Services in England and Northern IrelandS Reilly
School of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Aging Ment Health 8:249-55. 2004..These results provide key material for shaping the provision of psychiatric services for older people..
- Professional influences on the provision of mental health care for older people within a general hospital wardA Harrison
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 12:472-80. 2005..This study highlights the urgent need for further work in this area, as we contend that it is only by addressing the professional needs of the staff concerned, that effective patient-centred care can be ensured...
- A geropsychiatric unit without wallsMarlene Nadler-Moodie
Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, California 92130, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:101-14. 2005..This article describes how an inpatient psychiatric unit can be modified to replicate some of the best practices of a designated geropsychiatric unit with positive results...
- Liaison psychiatry for older people--an overlooked opportunityDavid Anderson
Age Ageing 34:205-7. 2005
- Two years of psychogeriatric consultations in a nursing home: reasons for referral compared to psychiatrists' assessmentCamilla M T Callegari
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Psichiatria, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, via Rossi 9, 21100 Varese, Italia
BMC Health Serv Res 6:73. 2006..The aim of this research was to evaluate the consultation activity and the appropriateness of referral to psychiatric assessment...
- Chapter 8: old people's healthKristina Larsson
Stockholm Gerontology Research Center, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health Suppl 67:185-98. 2006
- A new service in the intermediate care of older adults with mental health problemsLynda McNab
Central and North West London Mental Health NHS Trust, St Charles Hospital, Mental Health Unit, West London
Nurs Older People 18:22-6. 2006..These functions place the service in the intermediate care category (Department of Health (DH) 2001), an area which is not well documented in the care of older people with mental health needs...
- Perceptions of the role of the community psychiatric nurseKen Barlow
Community Mental Health Team for Older Persons, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
Nurs Times 102:34-8. 2006..This small-scale study explores the self-perceived differences between the contributions of community psychiatric nurses (CPNs) and other members of a multidisciplinary community mental health team for older people...
- [Gerontopsychiatric problems in a consultation-liaison practice]Gabor Gazdag
Szent László Kórház, Addiktologiai es Pszichiatriai Ambulancia, Budapest
Neuropsychopharmacol Hung 7:140-5. 2005..With the increasing number of the elderly patients, number of appearing gerontopsychiatric problems in consultation work is also growing...
- Rapid change in status: the case of WilliamJanet Specht
John A Hartford Center for Geriatric Nursing Excellence, University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:91-9. 2005....
- Creating a community-based memory clinic for older peopleMoganeswari Grizzell
Memory Clinic, Penn Hospital, Wolverhampton
Nurs Times 102:32-4. 2006..A detailed analysis of the interaction between the clinic and the community mental health team, as practised in this model of care, is presented for consideration...
- Perceived mental health needs and adequacy of service provision to older people in care homes in the UK: a national surveyNitin Purandare
University of Manchester, School of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, 2nd Floor, Education and Research Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:549-53. 2004..To assess perceived need and adequacy of service provision by old age psychiatrists (OAPs) to older people living in care homes in the UK...
- [The law and the local fairness of care practice. Reflections on the ethnographic field investigation concerning the failure of the Bopz Act in psychogeriatric nursing home care]Cees Hertogh
VU Medisch Centrum, EMGO Instituut en afdeling Verpleeghuisgeneeskunde, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 35:46-54. 2004..In the mean time we urge the necessity to develop a moral code concerning how to deal with resistive behaviour and opposition to care of demented nursing home patients...
- Rationale for tests of the neuropsychiatric effects of nutrient deficiencyMarshal Folstein
Tufts University School of Medicine and New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Clin Perform Programme 6:241-7; discussion 247-9. 2002
- Chronic and forgotten?Andrea P Ohldin
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1584-5; author reply 1585-6. 2004
- Defining best practices for specialty geriatric mental health outreach services: lessons for implementing mental health reformMary Pat Sullivan
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 49:458-66. 2004..This paper reviews fundamental areas that inform best practices for outreach services as they relate to shared care, education, and program and systems development and illustrates a framework for defining best practices...
- Aggressive behaviour by people with dementia in residential care settings: a reviewD Pulsford
Division of Mental Health, Department of Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:611-8. 2006..There is also little empirical information about how professional carers actually manage aggressive behaviour in practice...
- Evaluating an education project in mental health of older peopleRose Butler
Local Health Partnerships NHS Trust, West Suffolk
Nurs Times 100:38-40. 2004..It aimed to increase the knowledge and skills of non-specialist NHS-registered and support staff working on acute wards for older people. The article makes recommendations to improve future training...
- Management strategies in geriatric depression by primary care physicians and factors associated with the use of psychiatric services: a naturalistic studyS P Dearman
Department of Psychiatry, Royal Preston Hospital, Preston, UK
Aging Ment Health 10:521-4. 2006..Increased primary care consultation rate and a greater psychiatric co-morbidity may be associated with referral to psychiatric services...
- Depression in the older adult: recognition and nursing interventionSarah L Mynatt
University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Nursing, Memphis, USA
Tenn Nurse 67:8-10. 2004..Electroconvulsive therapy is also effective in treating depression in the elderly when the patient is suicidal...
- The comparative effectiveness among institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly people in Taiwan of reminiscence therapy as a psychological measureJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, ROC
J Nurs Res 12:237-45. 2004..Implementing strategies that enrich the lives of elderly people residing in long-term cares is crucial, and reminiscence offers a method for promoting healthy aging...
- Attitudes towards mental health care in younger and older adults: similarities and differencesC Robb
Department of Gerontology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
Aging Ment Health 7:142-52. 2003..Differences included use of services, perceptions about less severe disorders, referral sources, and preferred providers. Clinical, policy and public education implications are discussed...
- Let's stand up for people with dementiaPenny Smith
Petherwin Dementia Care Unit, Kernow House, Launceston, Cornwall
Nurs Times 98:34-5. 2002..The author also discusses how activities can help people with dementia to retain their cognitive function and how nurses can ensure the patient feels secure...
- Public health models of mental health care for elderly populationsMartin G Cole
Int Psychogeriatr 14:3-6. 2002
- Urgency coding as a dynamic tool in management of waiting lists for psychogeriatric nursing home care in The NetherlandsF J M Meiland
Department of Social Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Health Policy 60:171-84. 2002..An urgency coding system enables health care professionals to react to changes in the situation of both patients and caregivers by adjusting urgency codes to influence the length of time until nursing home admission...
- Guidelines for conducting geropsychotherapy researchPatricia A Arean
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0984, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:9-16. 2003..However, the field is still in need of better outcome and process measures, methods for measuring the therapeutic content of non-psychotherapy encounters, and methods for determining the impact of choice of treatment on outcome...
- Providing rehabilitation services for people with dementia through intermediate careSimon Evans
Faculty of Health and Social Care, Health Training and Research Centre, University of the West of England, Bristol
Nurs Older People 20:26-8. 2008..The author concludes that a seamless range of services can be provided via intermediate care, but argues that nurses need to challenge the perception that rehabilitation cannot be achieved for people with dementia...
- [Not only for the Queen: old age psychiatry in England]Julian Bustin
Old Age Psychiatry, St Bart s and Royal London Training Scheme
Vertex 18:448-53. 2007..This article describes the different resources available for adults older than 65 years old that suffer from a mental disorder in England. It also illustrates the practice of old age psychiatry within this Community Psychiatry model...
- Current awareness in geriatric psychiatryB Gillies
Department of Social Work, University of Dundee, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:115-22. 2001..The bibliography contains newly published material in the field of geriatric psychiatry. Each bibliography is divided into 9 sections: 1 Books, Reviews &: Symposia; 2 General; 3 Assessment;..
- Randomized controlled trial of different models of care for nursing home residents with dementia complicated by depression or psychosisHenry Brodaty
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales and the Academic Department for Old Age Psychiatry, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Clin Psychiatry 64:63-72. 2003....
- Mental health problems in assisted living residents. The physician's role in treatment and staff educationGene D Cohen
Departments of Health Care Sciences and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Geriatrics 58:44, 54-5. 2003
- National survey to assess current practices in the diagnosis and management of young people with dementiaRebecca Cordery
Dementia Research Group, Institute of Neurology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:124-7. 2002..There are concerns however, that if referral between specialists, particularly neurologists and old age psychiatrists, is incomplete, patients may be under investigated or inappropriately followed up...
- The impact of geriatric post-discharge services on mental stateM G Cole
Department of Psychiatry, St Mary's Hospital Center and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3T IM5, Canada
Age Ageing 30:415-8. 2001..Future services and studies should be designed to address the issue of mental state outcomes in this population...
- [Geriatric psychiatry in the nursing home: a land of opportunity]Daniel Matusevich
Equipo de Psicogeriatría del Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires HIBA
Vertex 18:431-7. 2007..the psychiatric medication and the controversial problem of the physical restraint...
- Geriatric mental health services research: Strategic Plan for an Aging Population: Report of the Health Services Work Group of the American Association for Geriatric PsychiatryS Borson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington Seattle, WA 98195-6560, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 9:191-204. 2001In November 1999, a working group of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (AAGP) convened to consider strategic recommendations for developing geriatric mental health services research as a scientific discipline...
- [Psychiatric consultation in the nursing home. An inquiry among Amsterdam nursing home physicians]Paul D Meesters
Mentrum, GGZ Amsterdam
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 33:107-11. 2002..Integration of psychiatric care in nursing homes with mental health care services appears to be desirable...
- Decreased beta-amyloid1-42 and increased tau levels in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer diseaseTrey Sunderland
Geriatric Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 289:2094-103. 2003..The search for antemortem biomarkers is intense and has focused on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) beta-amyloid1-42 and tau proteins...
- Subspecialty certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyDorthea Juul
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc, Deerfield, IL 60015 5249, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:12-7. 2004..The authors describe the approval processes for subspecialties and the mechanisms for certification and recertification and review the status of training programs and numbers of diplomates with subspecialty certification...
- Short-term effect of ECT in middle-aged and elderly patients with intractable catatonic schizophreniaKazumasa Suzuki
Department of Psychiatry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J ECT 19:73-80. 2003..of middle-aged and elderly patients with catatonic schizophrenia has long been a major problem in clinical geriatric psychiatry. Most cases are intractable because of medication resistance, medication intolerance, or severe medical ..
- Silver paper: the future of health promotion and preventive actions, basic research, and clinical aspects of age-related disease--a report of the European Summit on Age-Related DiseaseAlfonso J Cruz-Jentoft
Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:376-85. 2009..International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics-European Region (IAGGER), European Association of Geriatric Psychiatry (EAGP), International Society of Gerontechnology (ISG) and International Society for the Study of the Aging ..
- Predicting social isolation among geriatric psychiatry patientsTrevor Frise Smith
Department of Sociology, Nipissing University, North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 21:50-9. 2009This exploratory study examines factors associated with isolation from informal social ties among geriatric psychiatry inpatients...
- [Research and education in geriatrics at German universities and colleges]T Nikolaus
Bethesda Geriatrische Klinik, Universitat Ulm
Z Gerontol Geriatr 31:277-80. 1998..7%), one with a department of geriatric medicine within internal medicine, and two departments of geriatric psychiatry. At 15 universities geriatric research is established (44...
- A comparative survey of missed initial and follow-up appointments to psychiatric specialties in the United kingdomAlex J Mitchell
Department of Liaison Psychiatry, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Psychiatr Serv 58:868-71. 2007..This study examined the frequency of missed appointments among 9,511 initial outpatient appointments and 7,700 follow-up appointments across ten psychiatric subspecialties in a publicly funded mental health service in the United Kingdom...
- Brain lithium, N-acetyl aspartate and myo-inositol levels in older adults with bipolar disorder treated with lithium: a lithium-7 and proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyBrent P Forester
Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Bipolar Disord 10:691-700. 2008..We investigated the relationship between brain lithium levels and the metabolites N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) and myo-inositol (myo-Ino) in the anterior cingulate cortex of a group of older adults with bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Brain lithium levels and effects on cognition and mood in geriatric bipolar disorder: a lithium-7 magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyBrent P Forester
Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:13-23. 2009..In addition, the authors investigated the association between brain lithium and serum lithium with frontal lobe functioning and mood in a subgroup of older subjects...
- Pain in severe dementia: self-assessment or observational scales?Sophie Pautex
Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1040-5. 2006..To assess the performance of self-assessment scales in severely demented hospitalized patients and to compare it with observational data...
- The Spielberger State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI): the state scale in detecting mental disorders in geriatric patientsKari Kvaal
Postgraduate Education in Psychiatry and Mental Health, Oslo University College, Norway
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:629-34. 2005In geriatric psychiatry assessment scales are often used in clinical praxis in the diagnostic work-up of mental disorders.
- Geriatric psychiatry outreach practices in the province of Ontario: the role of the psychiatristL Ginsburg
Kingston Psychiatric Hospital, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 43:386-90. 1998To determine the mode of practice of multidiscliplinary and interdisciplinary teams in the field of geriatric psychiatry in the province of Ontario with specific reference to the role of the psychiatrist on the teams.
- Prevalence and severity of gait disorders in Alzheimer's and non-Alzheimer's dementiasLouise M Allan
Institute for Aging and Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1681-7. 2005....
- The effectiveness of old age psychiatry servicesB Draper
Schools of Psychiatry and Community Medicine, University of New South Wales, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:687-703. 2000..language papers to 1998 on service delivery evaluation in 'old age psychiatry', 'psychogeriatrics' and 'geriatric psychiatry', supplemented by a manual search of references from relevant literature...
- Family relationships as a risk factor for late life depressionR Krsteska
Department for Geriatric Psychiatry, Skopje Psychiatric Hospital Skopje, R Macedonia
Prilozi 31:223-35. 2010..Full text is available at http://www.manu.edu.mk/prilozi)...
- Increased mental slowing associated with the APOE epsilon4 allele after trihexyphenidyl oral anticholinergic challenge in healthy elderlyNunzio Pomara
Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:116-24. 2008....
- Report on an open-label prospective study of divalproex sodium for the behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia as monotherapy and in combination with second-generation antipsychotic medicationBrent Forester
McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 5:209-17. 2007..Studies of pharmacotherapy for agitation in dementia have primarily been limited to single-drug trials and have not determined if some forms of agitated behaviors are more responsive to treatment than others...
- [The geriatric psychiatry patient--a new indications field for psychotherapy?]Michael Rainer
Psychiatrische Abteilung und Memory Clinic, Donauspital im SMZ Ost der Stadt Wien, Langobardenstrasse 122, 1220 Wien, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 153:506-11. 2003..This definition of psychotherapy makes it obvious that demented and care-dependent patients are potential candidates for psychotherapy...
- Neuropsychologic assessment of frontal lobe dysfunctionElkhonon Goldberg
Department of Neurology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:567-80, 578-9. 2005..of executive functions is of crucial importance in neuropsychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, and other related areas...
- A collaborative study of the emergence and clinical features of the major depressive syndrome of Alzheimer's diseaseGeorge S Zubenko
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Room E1230, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:857-66. 2003....
- Frequency and correlates of caregiver-reported sleep disturbances in a sample of persons with early dementiaArvid Rongve
Research Department, Psychiatric Clinic, Helse Fonna HF Haugesund Hospital, Haugesund, Norway
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:480-6. 2010..To identify sleep disturbances in participants with subtypes of dementia and explore clinical correlates...
- Inappropriate sexual behavior in a geriatric populationAndrea Bardell
University of Ottawa, Department of Psychiatry and Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, Ottawa, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 23:1182-8. 2011..The aims of this study were to provide a description of the phenomenology of ISB in the geriatric population, to identify potential contributing factors, and to review the efficacy of interventions aimed at reducing ISB...
- Morbidity of homebound versus inpatient elderly psychiatric patientsR Pasternak
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatry Institute and Clinic, Pennsylvania, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 10:117-25. 1998..HB) elders referred for psychiatric services (N = 251) with those of inpatients (IP) admitted to a geriatric psychiatry unit (N = 594). Demographically, HB patients were older (78.8 vs 74...
- [Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) accompanied by symptoms of late catatonia: what to consider and how to treat]Satoshi Ueda
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Nippon Medical School
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 113:144-56. 2011..In Japan, this has been prevailing as a useful concept in the field of clinical geriatric psychiatry. We discuss what to consider and how to treat DLB patients including those with atypical courses and ..
- A preliminary study of the diagnostic accuracy of the Gerontological Personality disorders Scale (GPS)S P J van Alphen
Department of Geriatric Psychiatry, in Mondriaan Hospital Heerlen, and Center for Psychogerontology, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:862-8. 2006..There is still a lack of diagnostic instruments that are specifically developed to diagnose personality disorders in the elderly...
- Measuring change in psychiatric symptoms using the Neuropsychiatric Inventory: Nursing Home versionGrant L Iverson
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:438-43. 2002..The purpose of this article is to present data for the interpretation of reliable change in the NPI-NH scores for acute geriatric neuropsychiatry patients...
- Patterns of referring of patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration to psychiatric in- and out-patient services. Results from a prospective multicentre studyB Ibach
Department of Psychiatry und Psychotherapy, University of Regensburg, and County Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 17:269-73. 2004..The authors here present demographic and clinical data, and reasons for admission to geriatric psychiatry hospitals in comparison with 17 patients, who primarily attended the Memory Disorders Clinic of the ..
- ATTENTION, WORKING MEMORY AND ANTIPSYCHOTICS USING FMRISandra Kindermann; Fiscal Year: 2003..clinical psychology, neuropsychology, functional neuroimaging, clinical research and methods in geriatric psychiatry. The state objective will be achieved by means of a structured training plan, including relevant coursework ..
- Neuroscience of Late-Life Depression, Social Perception, and Emotional AwarenessSergio Paradiso; Fiscal Year: 2012..a training plan include superb mentoring in social and affective neuroscience, magnetic resonance imaging, geriatric psychiatry, and neuroanatomy...
- Insulin Resistance in Late-Life DepressionChristopher Marano; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are strong clinical and academic programs in geriatric psychiatry and neuropsychiatry, geriatric medicine, endocrinology and metabolism, neuropsychology, and neuroimaging...
- NRSA TRAINING: PSYCHIATRIC-MEDICAL COMORBIDITY IN AGINGDavid W Oslin; Fiscal Year: 2010..renewal application for an interdisciplinary program of postdoctoral research training with foci on aging, geriatric psychiatry, the comorbidity of psychiatric and medical disorders and the delivery of mental health care in general ..
- Quality of Mental Health Care in Assisted LivingQUINCY MILES SAMUS; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. 9 courses at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health);clinical observation (e.g. geriatric psychiatry, ambulatory care outpatient clinics, long-term care);structured and unstructured networking (e.g...
- Enhancing Mental Health Treatment Engagement and Retention for Older Adults withKyaien O Conner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reynolds, III, MD, Psychiatrist and Professor of Geriatric Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine will serve as co-mentor...
- Clinical and Translational Research Training in Late-Life Mood DisordersCharles F Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2013..F. Reynolds, PI) and the John A. Hartford Foundation Center of Excellence in Geriatric Psychiatry (Reynolds, PI)...
- FMRI: Prediction of Mild Cognitive Impairment In Geriatric DepressionLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Psychiatry at Duke University who proposes to develop the skills necessary to bridge clinical research in geriatric psychiatry with cognitive neuroscience...
- Clinical and Preclinical Models in Drug Abuse: Training and DevelopmentRichard W Foltin; Fiscal Year: 2013..of junior faculty I am mentoring in neuropsychology, magnetic resonance imaging, eating disorders and geriatric psychiatry. Goal 2. Training: Aim 1...
- FELLOWSHIP IN GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTHDilip V Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2013..This T-32 program is a part of a larger research training program within UCSD's Division of Geriatric Psychiatry. It is affiliated with NIMH-funded Advanced Center for Innovation in Services and Intervention Research (..
- Individually Based Psychosocial Rehabilitation for Older People with SMISARAH ILANA PRATT; Fiscal Year: 2012..these goals, the training plan includes coursework and mentorship from prominent experts in the fields of geriatric psychiatry, psychosocial rehabilitation, statistics, and research methodology...
- Midcareer Investigator Award in Geriatric DepressionDavid C Steffens; Fiscal Year: 2013..Psychiatry and Medicine at Duke University Medical Center, where he serves as the Head of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and Director of an NIMH-sponsored T32 Research Training Program. Dr...
- Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Mental HealthMartha L Bruce; Fiscal Year: 2013..Officers, this competitive renewal application is being submitted from the Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, representing a formal relocation of the SRI program management and directors from the University of ..
- ENHANCING INFORMED CONSENT IN LATE-LIFE PSYCHOSISLaura Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2006..Laura Dunn's development as a geriatric psychiatry researcher, with a focus on psychiatric research ethics, specifically the empirical study of improving ..
- IDENTIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF LATE LIFE PANICWilliam Apfeldorf; Fiscal Year: 2001..William Apfeldorf in his academic activities in the field of geriatric psychiatry and to develop a clinical research program in late life anxiety disorders at the New York Hospital - ..
- WEB-BASED GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATIONDebra Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. Develop a dissemination / marketing plan with the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry.
- GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH ACADEMIC AWARDKIMBERLY SHERRILL; Fiscal Year: 1993..health in the elderly, as well as the need for competent researchers to take a leadership role in academic geriatric psychiatry. An area of research beginning to emerge in epidemiology and gerontology is the role of religious factors ..
- GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH ACADEMIC AWARDDANIEL PLOTKIN; Fiscal Year: 1991..a candidate for the Geriatric Mental Health Academic Award to prepare him for a faculty leadership role in geriatric psychiatry research at UCLA, with a special emphasis on partial hospitalization...
- GERIATRIC DEPRESSION--APOLIPOPROTEIN E AND DEMENTIA RISKDavid Steffens; Fiscal Year: 2001I wish to pursue an academic career as a clinician and researcher in geriatric psychiatry studying and teaching about the interface between depression (Depr.), cognition and dementia (Dem.) in the elderly...
- Prevalence of Post-Stroke Dementia in MexicoClaudia Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2007..INNN) in Mexico City, Mexico, utilizing the local expertise in the areas of stroke, neuropsychology, geriatric psychiatry, and brain imaging; simultaneously, a data-base will be implemented to incorporate and analyze all patients ..
- DEMENTIA AND PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS IN ASSISTED LIVINGAdam Rosenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2007..Study findings are expected to have a substantial impact in gerontology, geriatric medicine and geriatric psychiatry. They will provide essential information about the consequences of psychiatric morbidity on the ability of ..
- Social and Economic Factors in Late-Life DepressionJeffrey Harman; Fiscal Year: 2005..years of funding through the Mentored Career Development Award (KO 1) program to improve his knowledge of geriatric psychiatry and medical sociology and obtain methodological skills in survey design and administration to become a ..
- DEPRESSION IN AGING WOMEN--TREATMENT WITH ESTROGENMary Morrison; Fiscal Year: 1999..Adapted from applicant's abstract): This proposal for a Clinical Mental Health Academic Award (CMHAA) in Geriatric Psychiatry is aimed at developing the career of Dr. Mary F...
- Work Rehabilitation For Older Adults With SchizophreniaElizabeth Twamley; Fiscal Year: 2007..and regular mentoring from experts in the fields of psychiatric work rehabilitation, neuropsychology, geriatric psychiatry, and schizophrenia research...
- EARLY IDENTIFICATION OF ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEBarry Guze; Fiscal Year: 1993The goal is to prepare for a faculty leadership role in geriatric psychiatry research at UCLA, with a special emphasis in PET scanning...
- Clergy Roles in Psychiatric Care: Elder Patients' ViewsGlen Milstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will be collected from 200 outpatients in an ethnically diverse geriatric psychiatry clinic. Patients will be asked to consent to a chart review and to an interview...
- Postdoctoral Training in Geriatric Psychiatry ResearchJEFFREY LYNESS; Fiscal Year: 2009..application presents an application for three 3-year fellowship slots to support postdoctoral training in geriatric psychiatry, psychology, and related areas of mental health research, via a new Institutional National Research Service ..
- TREATMENT OF ELDERLY DEPRESSION WITH AXIS II COMORBIDITYThomas Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004..To do so, I will need further training and experience in  gerontology and geriatric psychiatry, (2) clinical trial study design and operation, (3) clinical trial methodology, longitudinal data analysis, ..
- AGE-RELATED HIPPOCAMPAL VOLUME LOSS IN RECURRENT MDDYvette Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2000..Adapted from applicant's abstract): This K07 Clinical Mental Health Academic Award application in Geriatric Psychiatry has been revised based upon recommendations of the Review Committee...
- Methods of Optimal Depression Detection in Parkinson'sLaura Marsh; Fiscal Year: 2009..assessed relative to the best estimate diagnoses determined by a panel of psychiatrists with expertise in geriatric psychiatry and movement disorders...
- Collaborative Care of Depression in Nursing HomesMark Snowden; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will be augmented by some group mentorship from geriatric psychiatry experts via the Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Psychiatry, and a few selected courses in Health ..
- Predictors of Treatment Response in Late-Life DepressionHoward Aizenstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..University of Pittsburgh who proposes to develop the skills necessary to bridge intervention research in geriatric psychiatry with cognitive neuroscience...
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF AGE RELATED SLEEP DISTURBANCEScott Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2002..diagnosis and treatment of age-related pathophysiology, to enhance the applicant's scientific expertise in geriatric psychiatry, and to continue a training and education program in human chronobiology...
- DELUSIONS AND CEREBRAL METABOLISM IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASEDavid Sultzer; Fiscal Year: 2001..in the proposed project, is currently completing the 5-year NIMH Clinical Mental Health Academic Award in Geriatric Psychiatry. During the award period at UCLA, he has developed considerable skills in the assessment of noncognitive ..
- TRH METABOLISM IN GERIATRIC DEPRESSIONGABRIEL TSUBOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1999..proposal is envisioned as a starting point for the development of a number of future avenues of research in geriatric psychiatry and in the psychoneuroendocrinology of geriatric depression...
- PHARMACOTHERAPY OF DEMENTED AND INTACT ELDERLYRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 1999..teaching role as a mentor for medical students, psychiatric residents, and NIMH research fellows in geriatric psychiatry. The long-term goals are to develop randomized concentration-comparison studies using nortriptyline and ..
- ESTROGEN SUPPLEMENTATION IN LATE LIFE SCHIZOPHRENIALaurie Lindamer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Lindamer's skills as a researcher, educator, and clinician in geriatric psychiatry with a specialization in women's health issues, particularly the role of estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) ..
- ANTERIOR CINGULATE ACTIVATION IN GERIATRIC DEPRESSIONFaith Gunning Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2009..The training environment (Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry) is a Center with findings and a research agenda focused on the role of ACC in geriatric depression and ..
- FUNCTIONAL DISABILITY AMONG OLDER SCHIZOPHRENIA PATIENTSBARTON PALMER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Palmer's general skills in research methodology as applied to issues in geriatric psychiatry. These goals will be achieved through a structured training plan, including relevant coursework, and ..
- PSYCHIATIC BARRIERS TO REHAB AND RECOVERY IN THE AGEDJoel Streim; Fiscal Year: 1999The proposed CMHAA would build on Dr. Streim's established clinical expertise in geriatric psychiatry with relevance to the treatment and rehabilitation of medically ill elderly patients, and would allow him to proceed to the next logical ..
- Depression Treatment in Medically Rehabilitating ElderlyEric Lenze; Fiscal Year: 2005..postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Pittsburgh who proposes to develop research skills for geriatric psychiatry research in medical rehabilitation settings...
- New Intervention for Geriatric Anxiety in Primary CareJULIE WETHERELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr. Wetherell is currently a postdoctoral fellow in Geriatric Psychiatry at UCSD, and she plans to take a faculty position in UCSD's Department of Psychiatry starting October, ..
- MCSDPA--NEUROGERONTOLOGYLeslie Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2000..Candidates will be recruited from among physicians interested in academic careers in geratic neurology, geriatric psychiatry and geriatric medicine...
- GERIATRIC ACADEMIC PROGRAM AWARDITAMAR ABRASS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Academic Program (GAP) award proposal is to develop future academic leaders in geriatric medicine and geriatric psychiatry. Junior faculty physicians who have excelled in a geriatric fellowship program have been selected to ..
- Late-life Depression Outcomes in the Medically IllJEFFREY LYNESS; Fiscal Year: 2009..investigators from a range of clinical backgrounds, including physicians, in the design and conduct of geriatric psychiatry studies, particularly those related to depression and medical comorbidity...
- CEREBROVASCULAR RISK FACTORS AND LATE LIFE DEPRESSIONJEFFREY LYNESS; Fiscal Year: 1999..activities and the research projects) is the acquisition of knowledge and skills that span between geriatric psychiatry and the larger fields of gerontology and geriatric medicine...
- NIA ACADEMIC AWARD: PREDICTORS OF MORTALITY IN DEMENTIAMary Ganguli; Fiscal Year: 1990..For the teaching component, she will continue to teach geriatric psychiatry to psychiatric residents and medical students within ongoing curricula, and will develop a curriculum in ..
- DISABILITY INTERVENTIONS IN OLDER SCHIZOHRENIA PATIENTSChristine McKibbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..by furthering my skills in the following areas: 1) rehabilitation methods, 2) chronic medical illness, 3) geriatric psychiatry, 4) and research methodology...
- Metabolic Effects of Newer Antipsychotics in Older PtsDilip Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROLEPTIC-INDUCED MOVEMENT DISORDERS IN OLDER PATIENTSDilip Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe that our findings will have major therapeutic implications for the use of antipsychotics, particularly in older patients. ..
- LATE ONSET SCHIZOPHRENIA--A NEUROPSYCHIATRIC STUDYDilip Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., MRI quantitative analysis, outcome and functioning measures) to the new questions being asked. Our studies should have a major impact on the understanding of schizophrenia and aging. ..
- CENTER FOR RESEARCH IN OLDER PEOPLE WITH PSYCHOSESDilip Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- DVD Consent for Research in Older Schizophrenia PatientsDilip Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2008..The DVD-based consent is not intended to supplant, but rather to supplement, the researcher-participant in-person interaction involved in consent process. ..
- Rehabilitation and Health Care for Older Adults with SMIStephen Bartels; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Promoting Health & Functioning in Persons with SMIStephen Bartels; Fiscal Year: 2008..If found to be effective, ISL will provide a practical approach to improving health, independent functioning, and longevity in disabled persons with SMI. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cornell ACISR for Late Life DepressionGeorge Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are confident that our work will both advance scientific knowledge and have a broad impact on the care of depressed, disabled elders. ..
- ENGAGEMENT OF PERSONS WITH DEMENTIAJiska Cohen Mansfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..In that way, it presents an exciting prospect for improving the quality of life in demented persons, thereby reducing their caregivers' burden. ..
- Improving Continence & Pain Control in LTC: The M-TRAIN InterventionJANET K P SPECHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will evaluate outcomes for nursing homes, elderly residents, and new ways to assist RNs and CNAs use the most current knowledge to care for elders with pain and urinary incontinence. ..
- TREATMENT OF AGITATION IN THE NURSING HOMEJiska Cohen Mansfield; Fiscal Year: 2010..PHS 398 (Rev. 05/01) Page 2 Principal Investigator/Program Director (Last, first, middle): Cohen-Mansfield, Jiska ..
- PREVENTION OF GERATRIC DEPRESSIONGeorge Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accordingly, we are well positioned to meet the challenges inherent in this difficult but important area of research. ..