Summary: The medical science that deals with the origin, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental disorders in individuals 13-18 years.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical drug monitoring in child and adolescent psychiatry: side effects of atypical neurolepticsChristian Fleischhaker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 8, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:308-16. 2006..The aim of this study was to improve and evaluate the practibility of a method for the assessment of drug-associated side effects, and we implemented a clinical drug monitoring for atypical neuroleptics...
- What is new in adolescent psychiatry? Literature review and clinical implicationsGabriel Kaplan
Behavioral Health Services, Bergen Regional Medical Center, Paramus, NJ, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 24:29-42, x. 2013....
- [Don't say: stand still, or I can't measure you! routine outcome measurement in child- and adolescent psychiatry]F Boer
Jeugdpsychiatrie AMC de Bascule
Tijdschr Psychiatr 54:167-71. 2012..In psychiatry ROM is more difficult to use with children and adolescents than with other subject groups. In 2008 a Dutch consortium was set up to study the use of rom with children and adolescents (ROMCKAP)...
- Self-mutilation and suicidal behaviour in children and adolescents: prevalence and psychosocial correlates: results of the BELLA studyFranz Resch
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Blumenstrasse 8, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:92-8. 2008..To investigate the prevalence and psychosocial correlates of suicidal behaviour in a representative sample of children and adolescents in Germany...
- [Transcranial magnetic stimulation in child and adolescent psychiatry: excitability of the motor system in tic disorders and/or attention deficit hyperactivity disorders]G H Moll
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 29:312-23. 2001....
- Global assessment of psychosocial functioning in child and adolescent psychiatry. A review of three unidimensional scales (CGAS, GAF, GAPD)Bjørg Elisabeth Haugen Schorre
Outpatient Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Bogerud, BUP Bogerud, Postbox 23 Bogerud, 0621 Oslo, Norway
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:273-86. 2004..A training programme would assist in this...
- Health gain and outcome predictors during inpatient and related day treatment in child and adolescent psychiatryJ Green
Booth Hall Children s Hospital, Manchester, England
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:325-32. 2001..To investigate health gain and its predictors during inpatient and associated day patient treatment...
- Preconditions and outcome of inpatient treatment in child and adolescent psychiatryB Blanz
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Jena, FRG
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 41:703-12. 2000..The continuum-of-care model is promising because it provides opportunities to achieve better integration between inpatient interventions and aftercare services...
- Inpatient treatment in child and adolescent psychiatry--a prospective study of health gain and costsJonathan Green
University of Manchester, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1259-67. 2007Inpatient treatment is a complex intervention for the most serious mental health disorders in child and adolescent psychiatry. This is the first large-scale study into its effectiveness and costs...
- Nosology and measurement in child and adolescent psychiatryAdrian Angold
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:9-15. 2009..Finally, we deplore the failure of standardized assessment techniques to have penetrated more deeply into everyday clinical assessment...
- The EU-regulation on medicinal products for paediatric use: impacts on child and adolescent psychiatry and clinical research with minorsMichael Kölch
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:229-35. 2007..The Regulation will bring essential changes to the policy of research with minors, to funding and to regulations of drug development in Europe...
- Evidence-based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry: an inventoryJon M McClellan
Child Psychiatry, 6F 1, Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way, N E, Seattle, WA 98125, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1388-400. 2003..To provide a list of evidence-based psychopharmacology and psychotherapy treatments for child psychiatry...
- Adolescent propensity for depressed mood and help seeking: race and gender differencesBisakha Sen
Department of Healthcare Organization and Policy, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ryals Bldg 330, 1665 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 7:133-45. 2004....
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Trials Network (CAPTN)John S March
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and the Duke Clinical Research Institute at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:515-8. 2004..The current generation of clinical trials in pediatric psychiatry often fails to maximize clinical utility for practicing clinicians, thereby diluting its impact...
- [Headache in children: also a problem for child and adolescent psychiatry? Pathogenesis, comorbidity, therapy]R Oelkers-Ax
Abteilung für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie der Psychiatrischen Klinik Ruprecht Karls Universität Heidelberg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 30:281-93. 2002..A careful investigation and an adequate therapy of eventual psychiatric comorbidity is therefore strongly recommended...
- [Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) in the "Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale" (HeiCuMed)--practice-oriented learning in the reformed course of studies]Eginhard Koch
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie, Zentrum für Psychosoziale Medizin des Universitätsklinikums Heidelberg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 37:117-22. 2009..Child and Adolescent Psychiatry gained greater importance within the new curriculum and courses are now mandatory...
- Ten-year review of rating scales. I: overview of scale functioning, psychometric properties, and selectionKathleen Myers
Division of Child Psychiatry, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:114-22. 2002..of the Journal's 10-year Research Update Reviews, a series of articles will be presented on the role of rating scales in child and adolescent psychiatry. The first article in the series summarizes principles underlying scale functioning.
- [What do medical students learn in the elective course in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry?]Reiner Frank
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 37:129-34. 2009A course in child and adolescent psychiatry and psychotherapy is optional for medical students within the Medical Curriculum Munich (MeCuMLMU)...
- Innovations: child and adolescent psychiatry: measuring outcomes of real-world youth psychotherapy: whom to ask and what to ask?Lauren Brookman-Frazee
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1373-5. 2006..The results highlight the complexities in measuring the impact of care and indicate the need to develop more feasible methods to measure multidimensional outcomes...
- The evolution of systems of care for children's mental health: forty years of community child and adolescent psychiatryAndres J Pumariega
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee 37614, USA
Community Ment Health J 39:399-425. 2003..The article reviews the evolution of the community-based systems of care model, its evidence-base, its application in practice, and the challenges it faces in today's human services environment...
- Attitudes of early-career psychiatrists in Japan toward child and adolescent psychiatry and their career decisionMasaru Tateno
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 64:199-201. 2010..to carry out a national survey to understand the attitude of early-career psychiatrists toward child and adolescent psychiatry (CAP). The subjects were 348 early-career psychiatrists...
- A new priority in psychiatry: focused services for adolescentsEila Laukkanen
Department of Psychiatry, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 57:37-43. 2003..In addition to developing adequate resources, the quality of care should also be guaranteed by training and by competent long-term planning of psychiatric service systems...
- Child and adolescent psychiatry workforce: a critical shortage and national challengeWun Jung Kim
Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:277-82. 2003Despite the decades-long projection of an increasing utilization of child and adolescent psychiatry services and an undersupply of child and adolescent psychiatrists, the actual growth and supply of child and adolescent psychiatrists ..
- [Docs'n Drugs--an E-learning program for medical students; feasibility and evaluation of the acceptance in student training in child and adolescent psychiatry at the University Hospital in Ulm]Laura Weninger
Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie Psychotherapie des Universitätsklinikums Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 37:123-8. 2009..The Medical Faculty of the University of Ulm, being the Competence Center of E-learning, and the Competence Network in Medical Education in Baden-Württemberg have been developing a web based multimedia educational program since 1998...
- Using and teaching evidence-based medicine: the Duke University child and adolescent psychiatry modelJohn S March
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke Child and Family Study Center, Duke University Medical Center, 718 Rutherford Street DUMC 3527, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:273-96, viii-ix. 2005..EBM as applied to the training of child and adolescent psychiatrists in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center; (2) presents a simplified discussion of EBM ..
- Teaching evidence-based psychotherapiesMargo Thienemann
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5719, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:183-206, x. 2007..The article addressed the need for supervising psychiatrists to keep abreast of developments in teaching methods so that we can best train competent, curious, and compassionate child psychiatrists...
- Evidence-based and values-based policy, management and practice in child and adolescent mental health servicesRichard Williams
Welsh Institute for Health and Social Care, University of Glamorgan, UK
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 12:223-42. 2007..Our article concludes by indicating some of the areas for further development of values-based practice...
- Trends and shifting ecologies: Part IIAndres J Pumariega
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Box 70567, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:779-93. 2003..Funding priorities in mental health systems also should shift significantly to support community-based crisis services over more restrictive approaches that have a less solid evidence base...
- Fostering ecologic perspectives in child psychiatryMichael G Storck
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Washington School of Medicine, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:133-63, ix-x. 2007..Training tools and strategies are offered for building insightful, respectful and convivial co-investigator partnerships with patients and their families...
- A pragmatic approach to teaching psychiatry residents the assessment and treatment of religious patientsDavid M Blass
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, 15 Keren Kayemet Street, Bat Yam, Israel, 59436
Acad Psychiatry 31:25-31. 2007..The authors describe a pragmatic and atheoretical frameword for teaching psychiatry residents how to assess and treat religious patients...
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: the "clock-setting" cure: how children's symptoms might improve after ineffective treatmentWarren Lambert
Center for Mental Health Policy, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37212, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:381-2. 2004
- The Strengths and Difficulties Self-Report Questionnaire as a screening instrument in Norwegian community samplesJohn A Rønning
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Tromsø, 9016 Tromsø, Norway
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:73-82. 2004..The SDQ-S may be judged as an efficient and economical screening instrument for preventive research on large community samples. However, efforts should be made to improve its psychometric structure...
- Child and adolescent inpatient restraint reduction: a state initiative to promote strength-based careJanice LeBel
Massachusetts Department of Mental Health, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:37-45. 2004..To reduce the use of restraint and seclusion with children and adolescents in psychiatric inpatient units by promoting a preventive, strength-based model of care...
- Religion and spirituality in child and adolescent psychiatry: a new frontierAllan M Josephson
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 13:1-15, v. 2004This article introduces the interface between child and adolescent psychiatry and religion and spirituality...
- The child & adolescent mental health crisis: closing the service gapBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Arizona State University College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, USA
Imprint 54:58-63. 2007
- [A global scale for assessment of the family environment]H C Steinhausen
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie, Universitat Zurich
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 32:29-35. 2004..Reliability of the Global Family Environment Scale (GFES) which has been developed in Australia and translated into German...
- [Child and adolescent psychiatry: a profession and its identity II]F Verheij
Tijdschr Psychiatr 49:429-38. 2007Up till the 1970s child and adolescent psychiatry had no distinctive diagnostic system of its own. From the 1980s onwards qualitative information-gathering (e.g...
- Building on practice-based evidence: using expert perspectives to define the wraparound processJanet S Walker
Portland State University, Regional Research Institute, P O Box 751, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1579-85. 2006..In this report, the authors describe the results of an effort to better define the wraparound process for children and adolescents with serious emotional and behavioral problems...
- The continuing shortage of child and adolescent psychiatristsChristopher R Thomas
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 77555 0193, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1023-31. 2006..The national shortage of child and adolescent psychiatrists has prompted efforts to improve recruitment. It is uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to address this shortage and its impact on youth mental health services...
- Effect of Medicaid eligibility category on racial disparities in the use of psychotropic medications among youthsJulie Magno Zito
University of Maryland, Baltimore, 515 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:157-63. 2005..This study sought to determine the degree to which Medicaid eligibility categories modify disparities between black and white youths in the prevalence of psychotropic medication...
- Sala de Psiquiatria de Ninos y Adolescentes (Hall of Psychiatry for Children and Adolescents)Edilma Lynch Yearwood
Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies, Washington, DC, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 17:180. 2004
- Ten-year review of rating scales, VII: scales assessing functional impairmentNancy C Winters
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:309-38; discussion 339-42. 2005..The measurement of functional impairment has assumed importance with the recognition that symptom resolution does not necessarily correlate with functional improvement...
- Characteristics and staff resources of child and adolescent psychiatric hospital wards in FinlandH Ellila
Turku Polytechnic, Social and Health Care, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 12:209-14. 2005..However, in many units there was a lack of psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists. General recommendations and guidelines for staff resources in child and adolescent hospital treatment wards are warranted...
- [General practitioner and mental diseases among children and adolescents]Marit Hafting
Regionsenter for barn og unges psykiske helse, Helseregion Vest, Postboks 7800, 5020 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:299-301. 2006Child and adolescent psychiatry in primary health care is scarcely investigated. The purpose of this article is to describe some aspects of the role of the general practitioner in the care of young patients with psychiatric problems.
- Focus on Childhood and Adolescent Mental HealthMelissa P DelBello
J Clin Psychiatry 67:5-6. 2006
- Innovations: Child & adolescent psychiatry: "Sweet are the uses of adversity": a transition program for children discharged from an inpatient unitMartin Drell
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:31-3. 2006..Data on the program, including clinical functioning data, improvement and severity ratings, data on recidivism, aftercare compliance ratings, and satisfaction surveys, have demonstrated that the program had a positive impact...
- Dependency scoring for child and adolescent inpatient mental health servicesPeter Hodgkinson
Birmingham Children s Hospital NHS Trust
Paediatr Nurs 17:18-21. 2005..Initial piloting demonstrated face and concurrent validity; next steps include exploring issues of item ambiguity and weighting...
- Promoting the implementation of practices that are supported by research: the National Implementing Evidence-Based Practice ProjectWilliam C Torrey
West Central Behavioral Health, Dartmouth Hitchcock, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:297-306, ix. 2005..This article describes the project and provides some early reflections on the implementation experience...
- [Effectiveness of a systematic treatment model in an inpatient department of child and adolescent psychiatry]B Zander
, Adelheidstr. 28, 65185 Wiesbaden
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 50:325-41. 2001..The improvement of the problems and the assessment of the quality of the treatment results remained stable over an eight month period...
- Development and organization of child and adolescent mental health servicesJane Davies
Nursing Studies, Wales College of Medicine, Biology, Life and Health Sciences
Br J Nurs 15:604-10. 2006..Nevertheless, these views are of value in relation to the development of service provision...
- Inpatient child and adolescent psychiatric referrals in Saudi Arabia: clinical profiles and treatmentF A Al-Haidar
Division of Psychiatry, King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
East Mediterr Health J 9:996-1002. 2003..The most common medical diagnoses were epilepsy, drug overdose, ambiguous genitalia, orthopaedic injuries and diabetes mellitus. Young people with these medical problems are in real need of psychological assessment and intervention...
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: An adolescent crisis service in a rural areaPaulette Marie Gillig
Wright State University, P O Box 927, Dayton, Ohio 45401, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:1363-5. 2004
- Integrating nursing care into systems of care for children with emotional and behavioral disordersMary E Evans
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 19:62-8. 2006..Guided by a set of principles and values, these systems of care have organized and delivered services to children and families with complex needs. To date, nurses have not had a salient role in systems of care...
- Changes in referrals to child and adolescent psychiatric services in Norway 1992--2001Bjørn Reigstad
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 8000 Bodø, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:818-27. 2004The study analyzes changes in types of problems referred to child and adolescent psychiatry in Norway from 1992 to 2001, and investigates if referral practices and media attention account for these changes.
- Quality of publicly-funded outpatient specialty mental health care for common childhood psychiatric disorders in CaliforniaBonnie T Zima
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:130-44. 2005....
- Theories related to changing clinician practiceManuel Riemer
Department of Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, 1818 South Ave Drive, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:241-54, viii. 2005..Finally, the authors show how their microlevel theory relates to other prominent, more macrolevel-oriented theories of clinician practice change...
- Measuring provider attitudes toward evidence-based practice: consideration of organizational context and individual differencesGregory A Aarons
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123 4282, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:255-71, viii. 2005..Attitudes toward adoption of EBP are discussed in regard to provider individual differences and the context of mental health services. Finally, potential applications of attitude research to adoption of EBP are discussed...
- The loss of federal support for multisite demonstrationsSteven S Sharfstein
Psychiatr Serv 56:1185. 2005
- Two-year trends in the use of seclusion and restraint among psychiatrically hospitalized youthsAbigail Donovan
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:987-93. 2003....
- New media and an ethics analysis model for child and adolescent psychiatryNorman E Alessi
University of Michigan School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:67-92, ix. 2008..To aid in the application of the system of thought we provide a structured system of ethical analysis. Through these, we hope that this issue can be looked at with increased clarity and guidance within a framework for future thought...
- [Satisfied parents and everything is fine?]Berit Grøholt
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1040. 2008
- [Parent assessment of outpatient child and adolescent mental health services]Øyvind Andresen Bjertnaes
Nasjonalt kunnskapssenter for helsetjenesten, Postboks 7004 St Olavs plass, 0130 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1041-5. 2008..This national survey included a validated questionnaire that assessed three aspects of care from a parental perspective...
- Play therapy as a mental health intervention for children and adolescentsNina Rye
Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Partnership
J Fam Health Care 18:17-9. 2008..Qualified play therapists work in, or undertake work for, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) services, Children's Services (Social Care), schools, and voluntary sector agencies...
- Money talks: becoming more comfortable with understanding a family's financesMichael S Jellinek
Child Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:249-53. 2008
- Teleconferencing model for forensic consultation, court testimony, and continuing educationThomas W Miller
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40509 1810, USA
Behav Sci Law 26:301-13. 2008..Finally, changing patterns are addressed in clinically based health-care delivery for criminal justice, social services, and forensic mental health...
- Growing wealth and growing pains: child and adolescent psychiatry in Hong Kong, Malaysia and SingaporeSusan Tan
Department of Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Australas Psychiatry 16:204-9. 2008..Several Asian regions have undergone a dramatic transformation, some becoming very affluent. This paper aims to ascertain how countries that are becoming wealthy have dealt with child and adolescent mental health issues...
- Coding for mental health and behavioral problems: the arcane elevated to the ranks of the scientificPeter D Rappo
Pediatric Associates of Brockton, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Pediatrics 110:167-8. 2002
- [Statement by the Commission on Youth Welfare Services of the Child and Adolescent Professional Societies on Integration Assistance according to Section Paragraph 35a SGB VIII]Jorg M Fegert
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Germany
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 36:279-86. 2008..The Commission for the Youth Welfare Services of the German societies of child and adolescent psychiatry has generated guidelines for the proceedings according to paragraph 35a SGB VIII in order to resolve ..
- Child and adolescent psychiatry. A state administrator's viewMark Schaefer
Connecticut Department of Social Services, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:131-44, vii. 2002..The author offers recommendations for states that are considering additional reforms...
- Developing the 'youth model' in mental health servicesPeter Birleson
Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:22-6. 2008..Several issues were examined through asking key questions and answering these from the perspective of two academically oriented child and adolescent psychiatrists...
- Caregiver understanding of adolescent development in residential treatmentSusan Kools
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 15:151-62. 2002..Caretaker knowledge and understanding of adolescent development and its application to clinical practice with severely emotionally disturbed adolescents in residential treatment...
- Assessing the implementation and effects of a trauma-focused intervention for youths in residential treatmentJeanne C Rivard
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10025, USA
Psychiatr Q 74:137-54. 2003....
- Creating sanctuary in residential treatment for youth: from the "well-ordered asylum" to a "living-learning environment."Robert Abramovitz
Center for Trauma Program Innovation, Jewish Board of Family and Children s Services, New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychiatr Q 74:119-35. 2003..It is now being introduced by a major social agency into three of its residential centers to provide a systematic treatment model for use in their schools, living units, and treatment sessions...
- The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ)--further evidence for its reliability and validity in a community sample of Dutch children and adolescentsPeter Muris
Department of Medical, Clinical, and Experimental Psychology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:1-8. 2003..Moreover, the current data provide further support for the utility of the SDQ as an index of psychopathological symptoms in youths...
- The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire: a pilot study of a new computer version of the self-report scaleJ Truman
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Glasgow, Caledonia House, Yorkhill NHS Trust, Glasgow G3 8SJ, Scotland, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:9-14. 2003..All versions of the SDQ, including the computer-based version, can be downloaded from the Strengths and Difficulties website address www.sdqinfo.com...
- Trends in prescriptions for antidepressant pharmacotherapy among US children and adolescents diagnosed with depression, 1990 through 2001: an assessment of accordance with treatment recommendations from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent PsychiaTracy L Skaer
Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmacoepidemiology Research Unit, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6510, USA
Clin Ther 31:1478-87. 2009In 1998, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) published a position paper supporting the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) as first-line pharmacotherapy for the treatment of depression among ..
- Subspecialty certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyDorthea Juul
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc, Deerfield, IL 60015 5249, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:12-7. 2004..The authors describe the approval processes for subspecialties and the mechanisms for certification and recertification and review the status of training programs and numbers of diplomates with subspecialty certification...
- Clinical profile of mania in children and adolescents from the Indian subcontinentY C Reddy
Department of Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
Can J Psychiatry 42:841-6. 1997..To see whether classic DSM-III-R criteria for mania are applicable to Indian youngsters and to examine the clinical presentation of mania in an Indian child and adolescent psychiatric sample...
- [Evolution and description of a complete hospitalisation unity in child and teenager psychiatry]Y Richard
Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Psychiatrie de l Enfant et de l Adolescent, jeune équipe lt lt éthique, Professionnalisation, santé gt gt JE 2535, hôpital de Bohars, CHU de Brest, 29820 Bohars, France
Arch Pediatr 17:446-51. 2010The university department of child and adolescent psychiatry of Brest Hospital (a medium size town of 200,000 inhabitants) has at disposal a 14 in-patient emergency care unit, where young people under 16, mostly in crisis (individual and/..
- The child and adolescent psychiatry trials network (CAPTN): infrastructure development and lessons learnedMark Shapiro
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:12. 2009ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: In 2003, the National Institute of Mental Health funded the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Trials Network (CAPTN) under the Advanced Center for Services and Intervention Research (ACSIR) mechanism...
- Perspectives of eating disorders from the Charité Hospital in BerlinKlaus Jürgen Neumärker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charité Principal Teaching Hospital of the Humboldt University Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:I4-19. 2003..fate of care for eating disorders has been tied closely to the maturation of the specialty of child and adolescent psychiatry and psychotherapy in the 20(th) century...
- Factors affecting recruitment into child and adolescent psychiatry trainingJon A Shaw
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine D29, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Acad Psychiatry 34:183-9. 2010The authors studied the factors affecting the recruitment into child and adolescent psychiatry training in the United States.
- [Obsessive-compulsive disorder, frontostriatal system and the effect of the serotonergic system]L Baving
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, Mannheim
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 28:35-44. 2000..The course of treatment among adolescent inpatients with obsessive-compulsive disorder was analyzed with regard to the medications used and their effects upon the course of treatment...
- Familial factors influencing the consumption of anxiolytics and hypnotics by children and adolescentsA Pelissolo
Department of Psychiatry, Hopital Fernand Widal, AP HP, 200 rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, F75010 Paris, France
Eur Psychiatry 16:11-7. 2001..Two hundred and twenty-one young patients (158 boys and 63 girls) consulting at a child and adolescent psychiatry department, six to 16 years of age (mean = 9...
- Prevention of behavior problems for children in foster care: outcomes and mediation effectsPatricia Chamberlain
Oregon Social Learning Center and Center for Research to Practice, Eugene, OR 97401 4928, USA
Prev Sci 9:17-27. 2008..g., Kazdin and Wassell, Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 39:414-420, 2000; McMahon and Forehand, Helping the noncompliant child, Guilford Press, New York, USA, ..
- Developing methodologies for monitoring long-term safety of psychotropic medications in children: report on the NIMH conference, September 25, 2000Laurence L Greenhill
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:651-5. 2003..To improve the methods for long-term assessment of drug-associated side effects and advance knowledge of the safety profile of psychotropic medications in children and adolescents...
- Strengthening the Paediatricians Project 1: The need, content and process of a workshop to address the Priority Mental Health Disorders of adolescence in countries with low human resource for healthPaul Ss Russell
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 002, India
Asia Pac Fam Med 9:4. 2010..We studied: (1) the need of psychiatric training required among paediatricians; (2) if the content and process of the model workshop suits them to identify and treat these disorders...
- Predictors of length of stay in inpatient child and adolescent psychiatry: failure to validate an evidence-based modelC Hoger
University of Gottingen, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 11:281-8. 2002..To test if predictors of length of stay are based on empirical evidence...
- Mentoring young researchers: can the Donald J Cohen Fellowships model be applicable and useful to Australasian psychiatry?Robert Adler
Adolescent Forensic Health Service, Melbourne Juvenile Justice Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 15:232-6. 2007..the experience with the Donald J Cohen Fellowship program of the International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (IACAPAP) and examine whether this model may be applied by the RANZCP to attract ..
- The Imperforate Anus Psychosocial Questionnaire (IAPSQ): Its construction and psychometric propertiesMargret Nisell
Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:15. 2009..The origin of the present study was to develop the liaison work between the disciplines of child and adolescent psychiatry and paediatric surgery and nursing, so as to improve the quality of treatment and care of a group of ..
- [The meaning of bibliotherapy and expressive writing in child and adolescent psychiatry]Tobias Blechinger
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 60:109-24. 2011Child- and adolescent psychiatry is a good field for the application of creative and playful therapies. Bibliotherapy and expressive writing are two examples of them...
- Worldwide child and adolescent mental health begins with awareness: a preliminary assessment in nine countriesChristina W Hoven
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 20:261-70. 2008..Mental Health Programme, in collaboration with the WHO and the International Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professionals, established a Child Mental Health Awareness Task Force headed by Sam Tyano...
- [Migraine type childhood headache aggravated by sexual abuse: case report]Hakan Kaleagasi
Department of Neurology, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Agri 21:80-2. 2009..Her headache did not respond to treatment, so she was consulted with the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and diagnosed as major depressive disorder...
- Juvenile maladaptive aggression: a review of prevention, treatment, and service configuration and a proposed research agendaDaniel F Connor
Department of Psychiatry MC1410, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 1410, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:808-20. 2006..To propose a research agenda for disorders of aggression in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Postgraduate psychiatric training in ThailandWoraphat Ratta-Apha
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 111:1238-43. 2009..program core curriculum composes of the compulsory rotations such as general psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, neurology, consultation-liaison psychiatry, mental hospital psychiatry and addiction psychiatry...
- [Therapeutic drug monitoring in child and adolescent psychiatry--practical recommendations]Manfred Gerlach
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität Würzburg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:5-13. 2006..deliver new insights into the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic behaviour of drugs used in child and adolescent psychiatry. The present contribution begins with a brief description of the strategy of TDM in psychiatry, followed ..
- [Subjective quality of life of children and adolescents with psychiatric disorders: development and validation of a new assessment scale]Henning Flechtner
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat zu Koln, Robert Koch Str 10, 50931 Koln
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:77-91. 2002Within paediatric disciplines and in particular in child and adolescent psychiatry very little work is available regarding the quality of life (QoL) of patients...
- Exploring gender issues in the development from conduct disorder in adolescence to criminal behaviour in adulthoodEllen Kjelsberg
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Law Psychiatry 32:18-22. 2009..inpatients (46% females) was followed up 15-33 years after admission to the National Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Oslo, Norway. In adolescence 45% fulfilled the DSM-IV criteria for a disruptive behaviour disorder...
- Use of atypical neuroleptics in child and adolescent psychiatryP Toren
Tel Aviv Community Mental Health Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Clin Psychiatry 59:644-56. 1998..This article reviews the published clinical experience with atypical neuroleptics in children and adolescents...
- Drug monitoring in child and adolescent psychiatry for improved efficacy and safety of psychopharmacotherapyClaudia Mehler Wex
TDM Laboratory, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Fuechsleinstr 5, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:14. 2009..Therefore, a German-Austrian-Swiss "Competence Network on Therapeutic Drug Monitoring in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry" was founded 1 introducing a comprehensive internet data base for the collection of demographic, safety ..
- [A comparison of dysfunctional attitudes and coping strategies in Hungarian adolescents suffering from certain child psychiatric disorders]Janos Csorba
ELTE Barczi Gusztav Gyogypedagogiai Foiskolai Kar, Gyogypedagogiai Kortani Tanszek, Budapest, Hungary
Psychiatr Hung 22:191-9. 2007The evaluation of dysfunctional attitudes and coping mechanisms to identify specific characteristics of certain psychiatric diseases is an important research objective also in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Digital Star: HIV Prevention for Youth in Mental Health TreatmentJosh S Spitalnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..group intervention won the Rieger Award for Scientific Achievement from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in 2012...
- Processing of emotional content and brain activation in adolescents treated withGIOVANNI TIRADO SANTIAGO; Fiscal Year: 2010..the University of Puerto Rico (UPR), R[unreadable]o Piedras Campus (CBT treatment group), or the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Program at UPR, Medical Sciences Campus (SSRI treatment group)...
- Disseminating evidence-based practice to the schools: CBT for child anxietyPhilip C Kendall; Fiscal Year: 2013..movement supported by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is the provision of evidence-based practice (EBP) to youth with mental health needs...
- How the Large-Scale Organization of Gene Expression Relates to Behavior in MiceMark D Alter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Board" program at Brown University with combined training in pediatrics, psychiatry, and child &adolescent psychiatry in 2004...
- Research Training for Medical Students &Physician-Scientists in Child PsychiatryANDRES S MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..it possible for the faculty of the Yale Child Study Center working with the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) and academic leaders across the country, to continue to refine, evaluate and disseminate model ..
- How and Where Methylphenidate Exerts Effect in Adolescent and Adult BrainsNachum Dafny; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent publication in the November 2006 edition of the Journal of the American Academy of child and adolescent Psychiatry report the risks and benefits of methylphenidate (MPD) use in the treatment of attention deficit ..
- Child Behavior Checklist-Dysregulation Profile: Genes, Environment, &Life CourseROBERT RUSSELL ALTHOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application describes a 5 year mentored training program to develop a research career in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry focused on improving phenotypic approaches to defining pediatric bipolar disorder...
- Research Training in Translational Developmental NeuroscienceFrancisco Xavier Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2013..in Translational Developmental Neuroscience Research at the New York University Department of Child &Adolescent Psychiatry, aka Child Study Center (CSC) and the Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research (NKI) which have ..
- The MGH Global Psychiatric Clinical Research Training ProgramDavid C Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Uganda or South Africa in topics such as HIV/AIDS mental health, mental health services research, child-adolescent psychiatry, disaster/refugee/trauma psychiatry, behavioral medicine, psychotic disorders, and mood disorders...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN CHILD MENTAL HEALTHGregory K Fritz; Fiscal Year: 2013..D. and M.D. post doctoral fellows to carry out independent research in departments of child and adolescent psychiatry or their equivalent...
- Development of Declarative Memory in the Human BrainJohn Gabrieli; Fiscal Year: 2012..According to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, one in ten children suffer from a learning disorder...
- Pediatric Obsessive Compulsive DisorderDavid R Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..mentoring/consultative activities and for leadership in the area of research workforce issues in child and adolescent psychiatry. By providing stable salary support uninterrupted by non- research patient care and administrative duties, ..
- AACAP PHYSICIAN SCIENTIST PROGRAM IN SUBSTANCE ABUSEPAULA DEGRAFFENREID RIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The applicant Institution is the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) under the leadership of Dr. Paula Riggs (Program Director/Principal Investigator)...
- NIMH CHILD & ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH FACULTY AWARDKerim Munir; Fiscal Year: 1991..Mental Health Academic Award is a key member of the academic faculty in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Hospital. He is sponsored by his departmental chairman, Dr...
- Securing Standards-Consistent Mental Health Care for Children in Child WelfareRamesh Raghavan; Fiscal Year: 2009..of America (CWLA), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the American Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)...
- LANGUAGE AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES IN CHILDRENCarl Feinstein; Fiscal Year: 1993..His research mentor is Thomas Anders MD, Professor and Vice-Chairman for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Bradley and Brown...
- PEDIATRIC ANXIETY DISORDERS IN PRIMARY CAREFRANCES WREN; Fiscal Year: 2004..currently Medical Director for Clinical Program Development in Primary Care in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. David Brent will serve as preceptor...
- PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY AND FAMILY IN CHILDHOOD ASTHMABeatrice Wood; Fiscal Year: 2000..and family factors as they influence physical and mental disorders of childhood and adolescence; 2) assist the candidate in establishing an outstanding laboratory research program in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at SUNY at Buffalo.
- PROSPECTIVE PREDICTORS OF BIPOLAR DISORDERSLaura Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sanchez, is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry who is board certified in both Adult and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and has completed an NIMH sponsored fellowship in child psychopharmacology...
- MOOD SLEEP & SEASONALITY--CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTSWILLIAM SONIS; Fiscal Year: 1991..Mood, Sleep and Seasonality and to develop a Biomedical Research Section within the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. This award will focus his efforts in five specific areas: review and refine criteria needed to diagnose ..
- PSYCHOPATHOLOGY AND COURSE OF RECURRENT ABDOMINAL PAINJohn Campo; Fiscal Year: 2003..The candidate is certified in pediatrics, psychiatry, and child and adolescent psychiatry, with nearly ten years of post-graduate clinical experience. Dr. David Brent will serve as preceptor...
- A CONTROLLED TRIAL OF PSYCHODYNAMIC TREATMENT FOR PANICBarbara Milrod; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion of the award, Dr. Millrod will serve as principle investigator in psychotherapy research studies, and as mentor to residents, child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, medical students and colleagues.
- SUBSTANCE USE/ABUSE & INTERNALIZING DISORDERS IN YOUTHPing Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed training goals, including (1) increased knowledge about child and adolescent psychiatry, substance abuse and dependence; (2) enhanced skills in longitudinal survey methods and use of ..
- NEUROPSYCHIATRY OF FRAGILE X AND OTHER GENETIC DISORDERSAllan Reiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accordingly, child and adolescent psychiatry is in great need of biological markers and new methodology to improve our understanding of etiologically ..
- Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome & Obsessive-Compulsive DisorderJames F Leckman; Fiscal Year: 2010..At Yale, this program, entitled, the "Albert J. Solnit Integrated Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (ICAP) Residency Training Pathway," was implemented in 2004 with the admission of two outstanding ..
- PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY OF PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR DISORDERDavid Axelson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The candidate is certified in child and adolescent psychiatry, and is completing the second year of an NIMH-sponsored post-doctoral research fellowship. Dr...
- PEMOLINE--EFFECT ON DRUG ABUSE IN DELINQUENTS WITH ADHDPaula Riggs; Fiscal Year: 1999..Riggs, as an independent clinical investigator in the area of substance use disorders (SUD) in child and adolescent psychiatry. Dr...
- Primary Care Diagnosis & Treatment of Depressed ChildrenJerry Rushton; Fiscal Year: 2002..in survey techniques (quantitative and qualitative), statistical analysis, pharmacology, child and adolescent psychiatry, and health services research. In the final years of the grant period, Dr...
- Familial Transmission of Youth Suicidal BehaviorAnne Glowinski; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Anne L. Glowinski is an instructor in child and adolescent psychiatry and a postdoctoral fellow in psychiatric genetic epidemiology at the Washington University School of Medicine...
- ADOLESCENT ADM: SERVICE USE AND RISKS OF CO-MORBIDITYAdrian Angold; Fiscal Year: 1991..Both of these settings are part of the clinical services of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry of the Department of Psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC...
- Adjunctive Psychotherapy for Teens with Bipolar DisorderStefanie Hlastala; Fiscal Year: 2009..Current treatment guidelines by the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry specify that adjunctive psychosocial therapies are almost always indicated in the treatment of bipolar ..
- INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH: BEHAVIORAL/EMOTIONAL HEALTHRobert Noll; Fiscal Year: 2009..that is designed to promote interdisciplinary research training at the interface of Pediatrics, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, Clinical/Developmental Psychology, and areas of cognitive and behavioral neuroscience to advance ..
- NEUROIMAGING/DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROBIOLOGY OF AUTISMAntonio Hardan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The candidate is certified in psychiatry, and child and adolescent psychiatry with four years of post-graduate clinical experience. Drs...
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Trials Network (CAPTN)John March; Fiscal Year: 2007..ACISR), the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) in concert with the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) propose to develop an innovative large, simple "pragmatic" trials network, the Child and ..
- Child and Adolescent Anxiety Multisite Study (CAMS)John March; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESEARCH IN PEDIATRIC ANXIETY DISORDERSJohn March; Fiscal Year: 2008..mentoring/consultative activities and for leadership in the area of research workforce issues in child and adolescent psychiatry. By providing stable salary support at 100% effort uninterrupted by non-research patient care and ..
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD IN PEDIATRIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGYAndres Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Screening Herbs for Drug InteractionsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, the proposed studies will complement existing and future NCCAM studies of agents such as St. John's wort and Gingko biloba. ..
- Ginkgo biloba for ECT-induced Memory DeficitsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..will utilize larger groups and additional cognitive tests will be incorporated to provide more definitive conclusions regarding efficacy, optimal dose and duration, persistence of effects, and safety and tolerability ..
- Perceived Organizational Justice and Scientific Dishone*GERALD KOOCHER; Fiscal Year: 2002..What is learned from these three studies could be extremely useful in designing recommendations to promote ways that IRBs will be perceived of as fair by investigators. ..
- A Collegial Defense Against Irresponsible ScienceGERALD KOOCHER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The final guide will discuss strategies for intervention, and include disguised cases and role playing scenarios for training purposes and will be posted on a permanent public web page. ..
- Follow-up of the PATS SampleLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4 is to determine the stability of the ADHD diagnosis and other comorbidities made for study entry at age 3-5 years across subsequent development [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RUPP-PI in New York CityLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2006..The expertise and experience at this RUPP-PI site also will be directed to train new investigators. In creating TASA, a collaborative group of 8 RUPP-PI applicants forged the ability to work together. ..
- Violence and Mental Health: Children of First RespondersChristina W Hoven; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Treatment of Child Anxiety in Nonpsychiatric SettingsCarrie Masia; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings from this study will be used to inform the Candidate's application for an RO1 to conduct a full-scale study, and to guide the development of intervention programs in pediatric clinics. ..
- WTC Impact, Familial Transmission and Child PTSDChristina Hoven; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Functional neuroanatomical deficits in ADHD familiesLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2004..Imaging will be performed at corresponding imaging sites at DUMC, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Stanford University respectively. ..
- Assessing Change in Mental Illness Stigma Over A DecadeBernice Pescosolido; Fiscal Year: 2006....