Genomes and Genes
Summary: Adaptation of the person to the social environment. Adjustment may take place by adapting the self to the environment or by changing the environment. (From Campbell, Psychiatric Dictionary, 1996)
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Symptoms of depression in the Estonian population: prevalence, sociodemographic correlates and social adjustmentAnu Aluoja
Department of Psychiatry, University of Tartu, Raja 31, 50417 Tartu, Estonia
J Affect Disord 78:27-35. 2004The current study presents data on the prevalence of depressive symptoms in the Estonian population and examines associated sociodemographic factors and subjective aspects of social adjustment.
- [Validation of the QFS measuring the frequency and satisfaction in social behaviours in psychiatric adult population]A Zanello
Departement de Psychiatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 2, chemin du Petit Bel Air, CH 1225 Chene Bourg, Suisse
Encephale 32:45-59. 2006....
- Type D personality. A potential risk factor refinedJ Denollet
Department of Clinical Health Psychology, Tilburg University, Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 49:255-66. 2000....
- Gender differences in young adults with first-episode schizophrenia spectrum disorders at baseline in the Danish OPUS studyAnne Thorup
Department of Psychiatry, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen NV, Denmark
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:396-405. 2007..Women had poorer self-esteem than men, in spite of better scores in functioning. Premorbid social adjustment was significantly related to the level of negative symptoms and number of friends...
- The Work and Social Adjustment Scale: a simple measure of impairment in functioningJames C Mundt
Healthcare Technology Systems Inc, 7617 Mineral Point Road, Suite 300, Madison, WI 53717, USA
Br J Psychiatry 180:461-4. 2002Patients' perspectives concerning impaired functioning provide important information. AIMS; To evaluate the reliability and validity of the Work and Social Adjustment Scale (WSAS).
- Association between duration of untreated psychosis and outcome in cohorts of first-episode patients: a systematic reviewMax Marshall
Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:975-83. 2005..It has been postulated that a longer DUP leads to a poorer prognosis. If so, outcome might be improved through earlier detection and treatment...
- Social and communication abilities and disabilities in higher functioning individuals with autism spectrum disorders: the Vineland and the ADOSAmi Klin
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 7900, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:748-59. 2007..Positive relationships were found between IQ and Vineland Communication. Results stress the need for longitudinal studies on ability and disability in ASD and emphasize the importance of adaptive skills intervention...
- Content validity in the PROMIS social-health domain: a qualitative analysis of focus-group dataLiana D Castel
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 725 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, CB 7590, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Qual Life Res 17:737-49. 2008..These data will inform the process of improving health-related quality-of-life measures...
- Effect of Internet peer-support groups on psychosocial adjustment to cancer: a randomised studyM T Høybye
Department of Psychosocial Cancer Research, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Cancer 102:1348-54. 2010..We conducted a randomised study to investigate whether providing a self-guided Internet support group to cancer patients affected mood disturbance and adjustment to cancer...
- Psychological and physical adjustment to breast cancer over 4 years: identifying distinct trajectories of changeVicki S Helgeson
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Health Psychol 23:3-15. 2004..Indices of personal resources (i.e., self-image, optimism, perceived control) and social resources (i.e., social support) successfully distinguished different courses of mental and physical functioning...
- Work and social adjustment in patients with anorexia nervosaKate Tchanturia
King s College London, Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, UK
Compr Psychiatry 54:41-5. 2013The Work and Social Adjustment Scale (WSAS) assesses patients' perceptions of impairment in everyday functioning and has been reported as a simple and reliable self-report measure in different psychiatric disorders...
- Psychological and social adjustment to blindness: understanding from two groups of blind people in Ilorin, NigeriaMosunmola F Tunde-Ayinmode
Department of Behavioral Sciences, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 10:155-64. 2011..This study was aimed at identifying the pattern of psychosocial adjustment in a group of relatively secluded and under-reached totally blind people in Ilorin, thus sensitizing eye doctors to psychosocial morbidity and care in the blind...
- The impact of a long asylum procedure on quality of life, disability and physical health in Iraqi asylum seekers in the NetherlandsCornelis J Laban
Centre for Transcultural Psychiatry, Institute of Community Mental Health Care Drenthe, Beilen, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:507-15. 2008..The present study is part of a community-based mental health survey among Iraqi asylum seekers in the Netherlands, conducted between November 2000 and September 2001, on the risks of a long asylum procedure...
- Language, gesture, skill: the co-evolutionary foundations of languageKim Sterelny
Department of Philosophy and Tempo and Mode, Australian National University, Australia
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 367:2141-51. 2012....
- Socioemotional development in adolescents at risk for depression: the role of maternal depression and attachment styleLynne Murray
University of Reading, School of Psychology, Whitenights, Reading, UK
Dev Psychopathol 18:489-516. 2006..Precursors of adolescent social maturity were evident in the narrative coherence of 5-year family representations. Higher social maturity in the friendship interview was also associated with overall good adjustment...
- Sierra Leone's former child soldiers: a follow-up study of psychosocial adjustment and community reintegrationTheresa Stichick Betancourt
Francois Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Child Dev 81:1077-95. 2010..Retention in school was also associated with greater prosocial attitudes...
- Growing pains: the impact of disaster-related and daily stressors on the psychological and psychosocial functioning of youth in Sri LankaGaithri A Fernando
Department of Psychology, California State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Child Dev 81:1192-210. 2010..These results point to the need for policies and interventions that focus on reducing proximal daily stressors that are salient to Sri Lankan youth exposed to disasters...
- Social adjustment and self-esteem of bipolar patients: a multicentric studyS Blairy
Department of Psychiatry, University Clinics of Brussels, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
J Affect Disord 79:97-103. 2004The aim of the present study was to investigate impairment in social adjustment and self-esteem of bipolar patients (n=144) in remission for at least 3 months...
- Economic well-being and children's social adjustment: the role of family process in an ethnically diverse low-income sampleRashmita S Mistry
Center for Developmental Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 8115, USA
Child Dev 73:935-51. 2002..the position that family process is a critical mediator of the effects of economic hardship on children's social adjustment. Lower levels of economic well-being, and the corollary elevated perceptions of economic pressure indirectly ..
- How neurocognition and social cognition influence functional change during community-based psychosocial rehabilitation for individuals with schizophreniaJohn S Brekke
Schizophr Bull 33:1247-56. 2007....
- Preliminary findings for two new measures of social and role functioning in the prodromal phase of schizophreniaBarbara A Cornblatt
Recognition and Prevention Program, Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, 75 59 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:688-702. 2007....
- A social adjustment enhancement intervention for high functioning autism, Asperger's syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder NOSMarjorie Solomon
Department of Psychiatry and MIND Institute, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 34:649-68. 2004This paper reports the findings of a 20-week social adjustment enhancement curriculum for boys aged 8-12...
- Social capital and health: starting to make sense of the role of generalized trust and reciprocityStephen Abbott
City University, UK
J Health Psychol 13:874-83. 2008..Pathways from trust and reciprocity to better health may be by way of reduced stress. Clarification and valid measures are needed to progress studies of social capital and health...
- Engagement in activities revealing the body and psychosocial adjustment in adults with a trans-tibial prosthesisM K Donovan-Hall
Department of Psychology, University of Southampton, England, UK
Prosthet Orthot Int 26:15-22. 2002..However, since there is little previous research investigating the effects of the appearance of the prosthesis, these findings demonstrate the need for further research in this area...
- Parenting and child behavioral adjustment in early childhood: a quantitative genetic approach to studying family processesK Deater-Deckard
Department of Psychology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 1227, USA
Child Dev 71:468-84. 2000..The implications of this pattern of findings for genetic research on family processes are discussed...
- Effect of anxiety reduction on children's school performance and social adjustmentJeffrey J Wood
Department of Education, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Psychol 42:345-9. 2006..These findings suggest that changes in anxiety influence trajectories of children's scholastic and social functioning...
- Predictive factors of social disability in patients with eating disordersM F Flament
INSERM CNRS UMR 7593, , Paris, France
Eat Weight Disord 6:99-106. 2001..01) and diagnosis of separation anxiety disorder (p<0.06). DISCUSSION: Recognizing and treating comorbid anxiety disorders in subjects with eating disorders could improve social adaptation and global psychopathological outcome...
- The Social Occupational Functioning Scale (SOFS): a brief measure of functional status in persons with schizophreniaNirmal Saraswat
Department of Clinical Psychology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 029, India
Schizophr Res 81:301-9. 2006..Exploratory factor analysis revealed a three-factor structure comprising of adaptive living skills, social appropriateness and interpersonal skills, accounting for 59% of the variance in total SOFS score...
- Epidemiology and course of anorexia nervosa in the communityAnna Keski-Rahkonen
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1259-65. 2007..The authors sought to describe the onset and outcomes of anorexia nervosa in the general population...
- Does psychosocial functioning improve independent of depressive symptoms? A comparison of nefazodone, psychotherapy, and their combinationRobert M A Hirschfeld
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0188, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:123-33. 2002..This study compared efficacy of nefazodone, psychotherapy, and their combination in improving psychosocial functioning in chronically depressed outpatients...
- The impact of a multimedia informational intervention on psychosocial adjustment among individuals with newly diagnosed breast or prostate cancer: a feasibility studyCarmen G Loiselle
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 80:48-55. 2010..To examine the impact of an 8-week cancer multimedia informational intervention on health-related outcomes among individuals newly diagnosed with cancer...
- Social adjustment among Taiwanese children with symptoms of ADHD, ODD, and ADHD comorbid with ODDWan Ling Tseng
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 42:134-51. 2011..ADHD and ODD symptoms were determined by teacher and mother reports on the Conners' Rating Scales and social adjustment problems were assessed by mother reports on the Social Adjustment Inventory for Children and Adolescents...
- The influence of ethnic discrimination and ethnic identification on African American adolescents' school and socioemotional adjustmentCarol A Wong
University of Delaware, USA
J Pers 71:1197-232. 2003....
- Can executive functions explain the relationship between Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and social adjustment?Cynthia L Huang-Pollock
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, 543 Moore Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 37:679-91. 2009..EF) to account for the relationship between Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) status and social adjustment as indexed by parent and teacher report and by performance on a standardized observational "chat room" task...
- Psychosocial treatments to promote functional recovery in schizophreniaRobert S Kern
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System MIRECC 210 A, Building 210, Room 116, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:347-61. 2009..Overall, these treatments provide a range of promising approaches to helping patients achieve better outcomes far beyond symptom stabilization...
- Modeling longitudinal change in the language abilities of children with autism: parent behaviors and child characteristics as predictors of changeMichael Siller
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Dev Psychol 44:1691-704. 2008..These findings support a social?pragmatic view on language acquisition, which emphasizes the collaborative process through which children and their parents negotiate shared meaning...
- Sierra Leone's former child soldiers: a longitudinal study of risk, protective factors, and mental healthTheresa S Betancourt
Francois Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:606-15. 2010....
- Clinical correlates of social adjustment in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderAna Carolina Rosa
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, University of São Paulo School of Medicine Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Psychiatr Res 46:1286-92. 2012Patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) frequently show poor social adjustment, which has been associated with OCD severity...
- Cognitive function in patients with epidermolysis bullosa: social adjustment and emotional problemsR Feldmann
University Hospital, Pediatrics, Munster, Germany
Klin Padiatr 224:22-5. 2012..Children with Epidermolysis bullosa (EB) suffer from an intractable, burdensome skin disease that may result in cognitive as well as social and emotional problems...
- Testing the Short and Screener versions of the Social Adjustment Scale-Self-report (SAS-SR)Marc J Gameroff
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 21:52-65. 2012The 54-item Social Adjustment Scale-Self-report (SAS-SR) is a measure of social functioning used in research studies and clinical practice...
- Socioeconomic disadvantage and child developmentV C McLoyd
Department of Psychology, Social and Health Sciences, Duke University, USA
Am Psychol 53:185-204. 1998..The implications of research findings for practice and policy are considered...
- Measuring disability in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome: reliability and validity of the Work and Social Adjustment ScaleMatteo Cella
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Psychosom Res 71:124-8. 2011..The Work and Social Adjustment Scale (WSAS) is a simple and clear measure of disability...
- Acculturation attitudes and social adjustment in British South Asian children: a longitudinal studyRupert Brown
1Sussex University, Brighton, UK
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 39:1656-67. 2013..The implications of these different outcomes of children's acculturation attitudes are discussed. ..
- Measures of social outcomes in disability researchM P Dijkers
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 81:S63-80. 2000..To describe instruments that have been developed to quantify (aspects of) social outcomes in research on persons with a disability, and to evaluate the clinimetric characteristics of some of the more prominent and promising measures...
- Personality disorders in ADHD Part 3: Personality disorder, social adjustment, and their relation to dimensions of adult ADHDFrederick W Reimherr
Mood Disorders Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 22:103-12. 2010This study explored the relationship between the dimensions of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), personality disorder (PD), and adverse social adjustment.
- Grist and mills: on the cultural origins of cultural learningCecilia Heyes
All Souls College and Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 367:2181-91. 2012....
- Observed peer victimization during early elementary school: continuity, growth, and relation to risk for child antisocial and depressive behaviorJames Snyder
Department of Psychology, Wichita State University, KS 67260, USA
Child Dev 74:1881-98. 2003..At a short-term group level, antisocial behavior had a lagged suppressive effect on victimization for boys but a facilitating effect for girls...
- Systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: cognitive function and social adjustmentReinhold Feldmann
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Munster, Munster, Germany
Ann Neurol 58:605-9. 2005..Cognitive performance and social adjustment of young patients with SJRA are not affected by disease activity and duration.
- Social adaptability index predicts kidney transplant outcome: a single-center retrospective analysisJalaj Garg
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1239-45. 2012..It has been used in the past to define populations at higher risk for inferior clinical outcomes. The objective of this retrospective study was to evaluate the association of the SAI with renal transplant outcome...
- Social adjustment of adolescents at risk for schizophrenia: the Jerusalem Infant Development StudyS L Hans
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:1406-14. 2000To better understand whether poor social adjustment, a core characteristic of schizophrenic illness, may also be an indicator of vulnerability in young people who are at genetic risk for schizophrenia, but who do not have schizophrenia.
- Randomized controlled multicentre trial of cognitive behaviour therapy in the early initial prodromal state: effects on social adjustment post treatmentAndreas Bechdolf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Early Interv Psychiatry 1:71-8. 2007Improvement of social adjustment is a major aim of indicated prevention in young people at risk of developing psychosis...
- Emotional autonomy, psychosocial adjustment and parenting: interactions, moderating and mediating effectsW Beyers
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Center for Developmental Psychology, Leuven, Belgium
J Adolesc 22:753-69. 1999..These results reveal that it is useful to study autonomy and its developmental outcomes in the broader family context, but they also reveal the limitations of such an approach...
- Dimensions of major psychoses: a confirmatory factor analysis of six competing modelsAlessandro Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Institute, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
Psychiatry Res 127:101-9. 2004....
- Cross-national consistency in the relationship between bullying behaviors and psychosocial adjustmentTonja R Nansel
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:730-6. 2004..To determine whether the relationship between bullying and psychosocial adjustment is consistent across countries by standard measures and methods...
- Social adaptability index predicts overall mortality in patients with diabetesAlexander S Goldfarb-Rumyantzev
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Diabetes Complications 26:44-9. 2012..We hypothesize that SAI could be used in diabetes practice to identify a disadvantaged population at risk for inferior outcomes...
- Social Adaptability Index: application and outcomes in a dialysis populationGurprataap Singh Sandhu
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2667-74. 2011..We used data from the United States Renal Data System to evaluate the role of SAI in survival of patients on dialysis...
- The effect of social adjustment and attachment style on suicidal behaviourD Lizardi
School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 124:295-300. 2011Prior studies examining the relationship between social adjustment and suicidal ideation or behaviour have not examined attachment...
- Predictive factors of social disability in anorexic and bulimic patientsN T Godart
Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Department of Psychiatry, 75014 Paris, France
Eat Weight Disord 9:249-57. 2004....
- Evolutionary perspective on indirect victimization in adolescence: the role of attractiveness, dating and sexual behaviorLindsey S Leenaars
Department of Educational Psychology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Aggress Behav 34:404-15. 2008....
- Self-esteem, social adjustment and suicidality in affective disordersE G Daskalopoulou
University Mental Health Research Institute, Athens University Medical School, Eginition Hospital, 72 74, Vas Sofias Avenue, 11528, Athens, Greece
Eur Psychiatry 17:265-71. 2002Self-esteem (SE) and social adjustment (SA) are often impaired during the course of affective disorders; this impairment is associated with suicidal behaviour...
- Life after cancer in childhood: social adjustment and educational and vocational status of young-adult survivorsKrister K Boman
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockolm, Sweden
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:354-62. 2004To evaluate the long-term social effect of illness and its treatment on young-adult survivors of pediatric cancer by addressing a selection of general social adjustment criteria.
- Combined pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy as maintenance treatment for late-life depression: effects on social adjustmentEric J Lenze
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:466-8. 2002This study examined the effects of maintenance treatment for late-life depression on social adjustment. The authors hypothesized that elderly patients recovering from depression would have better social adjustment with medication and ..
- Negative affectivity and social inhibition in cardiovascular disease: evaluating type-D personality and its assessment using item response theoryWilco H M Emons
Department of Methodology and Statistics, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 63:27-39. 2007....
- Changes in skills for people with intellectual disability: a follow-up of the Camberwell CohortJ Beadle-Brown
Tizard Centre, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 44:12-24. 2000..The implications of these results and predictions for a further follow-up study are discussed...
- The development of competence in favorable and unfavorable environments. Lessons from research on successful childrenA S Masten
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455 0345, USA
Am Psychol 53:205-20. 1998..Converging evidence suggests that the same powerful adaptive systems protect development in both favorable and unfavorable environments...
- Social skills performance assessment among older patients with schizophreniaT L Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0680, USA
Schizophr Res 48:351-60. 2001..Bellack, A., Morrison, R., Wixted, J., Mueser, K., 1990. An analysis of social competence in schizophrenia. Br. J. Psychiatry 156, 809--818)...
- Social adjustment over 10 years following diagnosis with bulimia nervosaP K Keel
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Int J Eat Disord 27:21-8. 2000The authors sought to describe social adjustment among women diagnosed with bulimia nervosa more than a decade earlier.
- Classroom peer acceptance, friendship, and victimization: distinct relational systems that contribute uniquely to children's school adjustment?G W Ladd
University of Illinois, Children s Research Center, Champaign 61820, USA
Child Dev 68:1181-97. 1997..e., provisions) that children encounter in different forms of relationship, and that certain types of relationships may have greater or lesser adaptive significance depending on the adjustment outcome examined...
- Duration of untreated psychosis and social function: 1-year follow-up study of first-episode schizophreniaThomas R E Barnes
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Dunstan s Road, London W6 8RF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 193:203-9. 2008..In first-episode schizophrenia, longer duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) predicts poorer outcomes...
- Psychosocial functioning in pediatric cancerAndrea Farkas Patenaude
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, and Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 30:9-27. 2005..To describe the emergence of pediatric psycho-oncology and to summarize research on psychosocial aspects of childhood cancer and survivorship...
- Prognostic variables at intake and long-term level of function in schizophreniaSteven J Siegel
Division of Neuropsychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:433-41. 2006..This study assessed the relationship between symptoms and cognitive measures at intake and functional outcome 2-8 years later (average 3 years) in first-episode and previously treated schizophrenia patients...
- Patterns of growth in adaptive social abilities among children with autism spectrum disordersDeborah K Anderson
University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 2054, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 37:1019-34. 2009..Children with autism most at risk for problems with social adaptive abilities later in life can be identified with considerable accuracy at a very young age so they can be targeted for appropriate early intervention services...
- Catastrophizing, pain, and social adjustment in scleroderma: relationships with educational levelRobert R Edwards
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Clin J Pain 22:639-46. 2006..The present study sought to characterize such interrelationships between educational level and pain-related catastrophizing...
- Emotional experience predicts social adjustment independent of neurocognition and social cognition in schizophreniaIvy F Tso
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Schizophr Res 122:156-63. 2010..Emotional abnormalities are prominent features of schizophrenia. While the capacity for emotions is essential to social adaptation, little is known about the role of emotional experience in the social dysfunction observed in schizophrenia...
- Childhood antecedents of schizophrenia and affective illness: social adjustment at ages 7 and 11D J Done
Department of Psychology, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
BMJ 309:699-703. 1994To investigate the social adjustment in childhood of people who as adults have psychiatric disorders.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation and quality of life for older adults with serious mental illness: recent findings and future research directionsStephen J Bartels
Center for Aging Research, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:381-5. 2009..This selective overview highlights recent reports addressing psychosocial functioning and interventions for older adults with SMI...
- Breast cancer: education, counseling, and adjustment among patients and partners: a randomized clinical trialWendy C Budin
New York University Medical Center, USA
Nurs Res 57:199-213. 2008....
- Reliability and validity of the work and social adjustment scale in phobic disordersDavid Mataix-Cols
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Compr Psychiatry 46:223-8. 2005The Work and Social Adjustment Scale (WSAS) is a simple widely used 5-item measure of disability whose psychometric properties need more analysis in phobic disorders...
- Psychosocial adjustment and quality of life after renal transplantation in early childhoodErik Qvist
Pediatric Nephrology and Transplantation, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Transplant 8:120-5. 2004..HRQOL assessment by the children themselves can be used to direct interventions and support the children's psychosocial adjustment...
- Persistent social dysfunction in anxious and depressed patients with personality disorderH Seivewright
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 109:104-9. 2004..To determine the long-term social function of psychiatric patients with anxiety and depressive disorders and to relate this to personality status and other factors...
- Self-esteem and social adjustment in young women with Turner syndrome--influence of pubertal management and sexuality: population-based cohort studyJean Claude Carel
Pediatric Endocrinology, Hopital Robert Debre, 48 Boulevard Serurier, 75935 Paris Cedex 19, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2972-9. 2006..The influence of pubertal management on psychosocial adjustment and sex life has not been evaluated in Turner syndrome patients...
- Self-criticism versus neuroticism in predicting depression and psychosocial impairment for 4 years in a clinical sampleDavid M Dunkley
S M B D Jewish General Hospital, Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry, Quebec, Canada
Compr Psychiatry 50:335-46. 2009....
- Exploring mediating factors in the association between parental psychological distress and psychosocial maladjustment in adolescenceChristelle Roustit
INSERM U707, Research Group on the Social Determinants of Health and Healthcare, UPMC, Univ Paris 06, 27 rue Chaligny, 75012, Paris, France
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:597-604. 2010..Beyond the psychiatric approach, psychosocial considerations need to be taken into consideration to prevent negative mental health outcomes in children living in homes with distressed parents...
- Social adjustment based on reported behaviour in bipolar affective disorderRichard Morriss
University of Nottingham, Department of Psychiatry, Nottingham, UK
Bipolar Disord 9:53-62. 2007To determine the effects of mood and additional clinical variables on different domains of current interviewer-rated social adjustment reflecting the reported behaviour of patients with bipolar disorder (BD).
- The relationship of parental overprotection, perceived vulnerability, and parenting stress to behavioral, emotional, and social adjustment in children with cancerChristina J M Colletti
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:269-74. 2008To examine the relationship of self-reported parental overprotection, perceived child vulnerability, and parenting stress to parent-reported behavioral, emotional, and social adjustment of children currently on treatment for cancer.
- Is neuropsychology a psychosocial science?Byron P Rourke
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 30:691-9. 2008..One clearly evident conclusion of these efforts is that neuropsychology is a psychosocial science. Some implications of our findings for research and clinical practice are outlined...
- Determinants of functional disability and social adjustment in major depressive disorder: a prospective studyHeikki J Rytsälä
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:570-6. 2006We examined prospectively factors influencing social and occupational disability and social adjustment among patients with major depressive disorder...
- Premorbid adjustment, symptom development and quality of life in first episode psychosis: a systematic review and critical reappraisalA Macbeth
Section of Psychological Medicine, University of Glasgow, Gartnavel Royal Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 117:85-99. 2008..To systematically review the relationship of premorbid adjustment to symptomatology in first episode psychosis (FEP), taking into account the influence of duration of untreated psychosis (DUP)...
- Naturalistic follow-up of co-morbid substance use in schizophrenia: the West London first-episode studyI Harrison
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London, UK
Psychol Med 38:79-88. 2008..The impact of co-morbid substance use in first-episode schizophrenia has not been fully explored...
- The Subjective Index of Physical and Social Outcome (SIPSO): a new measure for use with stroke patientsR Trigg
Research and Development Support Unit, School of Postgraduate Medicine, University of Bath, Royal United Hospital, UK
Clin Rehabil 14:288-99. 2000..To develop a measure of social integration following stroke...
- Discrimination, mental problems and social adaptation in young refugeesEdith Montgomery
Rehabilitation and Research Centre for Torture Victims, Borgergade 13, P O Box 2107, DK 1014 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Eur J Public Health 18:156-61. 2008..The objective of this study is to contribute to a more comprehensive understanding of associations and pathways between discrimination, mental problems and social adaptation in young refugees...
- Psychological care of children and adolescents with diabetesAlan M Delamater
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 8:340-8. 2007
- Stability in bullying and victimization and its association with social adjustment in childhood and adolescenceRon H J Scholte
Institute of Family and Child Care Studies, University of Nijmegen, 6500 HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:217-28. 2007..examined the concurrent and longitudinal associations between stability in bullying and victimization, and social adjustment in childhood and adolescence...
- Developmental trajectories of adolescent popularity: a growth curve modelling analysisAntonius H N Cillessen
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
J Adolesc 29:935-59. 2006..The importance of growth curve models for understanding adolescent social development was discussed, as well as specific issues and challenges of growth curve analyses with sociometric data...
- Recovery from schizophrenia: a concept in search of researchRobert Paul Liberman
Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 91344, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:735-42. 2005
- Ethnic identity and the academic adjustment of adolescents from Mexican, Chinese, and European backgroundsAndrew J Fuligni
Center for Culture and Health, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, 90024, USA
Dev Psychol 41:799-811. 2005....
- Predictive validity of proposed remission criteria in first-episode schizophrenic patients responding to antipsychoticsLex Wunderink
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 R B Groningen, The Netherlands
Schizophr Bull 33:792-6. 2007..The criteria represent a practicable benchmark with clinical relevance. Their implementation should be promoted in research settings, clinical practice, and routine outcome assessment procedures...
- Assessment of community functioning in people with schizophrenia and other severe mental illnesses: a white paper based on an NIMH-sponsored workshopAlan S Bellack
University of Maryland School of Medicine, 737 West Lombard Street, Suite 551, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:805-22. 2007..This criterion is problematic because different observers and constituencies often have different opinions about what types of change are clinically important and how much change is significant...
- The influence of provocateurs' emotion displays on the social information processing of children varying in social adjustment and ageElizabeth A Lemerise
Department of Psychology, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY 42101, USA
J Exp Child Psychol 90:344-66. 2005..Results revealed both developmental and social adjustment differences in SIP...
- Social functioning, psychopathology, and medication side effects in relation to substance use and abuse in schizophreniaM P Salyers
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, LD 124, 402 North Blackford Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 3275, USA
Schizophr Res 48:109-23. 2001..To identify correlates of self-reported substance use and problems associated with that use in people with schizophrenia...
- Long-term impact of treatment in women diagnosed with bulimia nervosaPamela K Keel
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Int J Eat Disord 31:151-8. 2002..This study sought to determine if treatment with CBT and antidepressant medication was associated with better long-term outcome among women diagnosed with bulimia nervosa...
- INFORMATION NEEDS OF AFRICAN AMERICAN CANCER PATIENTSAlicia Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Social Outcomes in Pediatric Traumatic Brain InjuryKeith O Yeates; Fiscal Year: 2010..direct observations of interactions with friends and unfamiliar peers;(4) measures of perceived social adjustment, as reported both by the participants and by their friends, classmates, parents, and teachers;and (5) ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..The contractor is responsible for providing staff with the credentials required by CLIA. ..
- Effects of Testosterone and Genetic Factors on Psychological and Motor Function iNICOLE RENEE TARTAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..comparing psychological factors (executive function, attention/inhibition, verbal fluency), behavior (social adjustment, aggression) and motor skills (strength, coordination) in testosterone versus placebo after 6 and 12 months ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDIES OF DIET AND CANCER IN MEN AND WOMENWalter C Willett; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will contribute importantly to the prevention and prognosis of major cancers of men and women. ..
- Parenting, Adolescent Self-Regulation, and Risk-Taking Across CulturesJennifer E Lansford; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will inform theories of the nature of adolescent development and will shape interventions to prevent health-compromising and illegal risky behaviors. ..
- Inhibition of matrix proteases to sensitize medulloblastoma cells to radiationAndrei L Gartel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The present study explores the usefulness of gene therapy to inhibit protease expression in conjunction with radiation for killing of medulloblastoma cells with lower toxicity. ..
- Arm Exercise versus Other Stress Test Modalities for Clinical Outcome PredictionWADE HAMPTON MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Prolylcarboxypeptidase is a Risk Factor for Cardiovascular DiseaseAlvin H Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Up-regulation of PRCP may be a target to protect individuals from cardiovascular disease as manifested by hypertension and arterial thrombosis as seen in stroke and MI. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF NONALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASERohit Loomba; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long- term goal of the proposed research program is to reduce the burden of NAFLD and halt progression of NAFLD to NASH. ..
- Mother Sibling InteractionsJulie A Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study is germane to the goal of identifying factors to promote the health of young children, particularly those who are at risk for maladjustment due to having a sibling with a chronic medical condition. ..
- Risk for Dysfunctional Romantic Relationships for AdultsDeborah M Capaldi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted GenesCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Chronic kidney disease in survivors of hematopoietic cell transplantSangeeta Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Socioeconomic status and smoking exposure in AppalachiaJoshua E Muscat; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Reforming Medicare: Beneficiary Choice, Plan Payment, and Accountable CareJOHN MICHAEL MCWILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2012..McWilliams'ability to achieve the short-term training and research objectives he has proposed as well as his long-term career goal of making lasting contributions as a national leader in aging research. ..
- Prognosis and Effectiveness of Advanced Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan P Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide information regarding the efficacy of several therapies and may help resolve several controversies regarding the staging and treatment of elderly patients with advanced stage lung cancer. ..
- Resilience and Adjustment after VA Inpatient Rehabilitation for Traumatic InjuryScott McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2012..The intervention program will be informed by the first 24-36 months of data collection and an updated literature review. ..
- Phase-contrast enhanced X-ray imaging system for small joints of handThomas J Beck; Fiscal Year: 2010..The system should provide better identification of patients with RA and more sensitive monitoring of disease progression and the effects of treatment. ..
- Vaginal microbiota, immune responses and vulvovaginal symptoms during menopauseRebecca M Brotman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data will be used to evaluate the potential for non-hormonal, anti-inflammatory, or probiotic interventions for the treatment of common vulvovaginal complaints in peri- and postmenopausal women. ..
- An RCT of telemedicine interventions for OSADAVID W SPARROW; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Phospholipid Nanocarriers Improve Chemotherapy by Targeted Drug DeliveryHayat Onyuksel; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Enhanced Risk Adjustment Using Laboratory Test and Pharmacy DataAmresh Hanchate; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Healthy Worker Effect, Occupational Exposure to PM and Cardiopulmonary MortalityELLEN AURA EISEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results will contribute to the prevention of cardiopulmonary diseases in workers exposed to metal working fluids throughout the manufacturing sector. ..
- Cardiovascular Safety of Combination Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes MellitusJames S Floyd; Fiscal Year: 2013..Floyd as a leading investigator in this area. ..
- Dopamine and the Role of Anterior Cingulate Cortex in Executive ProcessesBenjamin Y Hayden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the prominence of the Platt Lab and of Duke University, this is an ideal environment to perform the research described in this application. ..
- Epigenetics and Nutrition: DNA Methylation, Dietary Intake and CVDAnnette L Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results will lead to a better understanding of mechanisms controlling epigenomic variation allowing for identification of crucial disease-related alterations that may ultimately be targeted for novel treatment. ..
- Cyclosporine in Interstitial Cystitis: Efficacy, Safety and Mechanism of ActionDaniel Shoskes; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hope to show that CyA can be an effective therapy for recalcitrant IC/PBS which can be safely administered with appropriate monitoring and identify which patients benefit most from treatment ..
- Vitamin D and Clinical Outcomes in Chronic Hemodialysis PatientsMICHEL BENJAMIN CHONCHOL; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, it would provide a sound basis for a large clinical trial of vitamin D supplementation to improve the very poor clinical outcomes of dialysis patients. ..
- Preventive Web-Based Intervention for Spouses of Traumatized Military PersonnelBENTSON H contact MCFARLAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sensimmer Virtual Phaco Trainer for Cataract SurgeryP Pat Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2011..Following STTR Phases I and II, the SENSIMMER Virtual Phaco Trainer will include well developed modules for the two most difficult part-tasks of cataract surgery: capsulorrhexis and phacoemulsification. ..
- Estrogen & Progesterone Effects on Orthostatic ToleranceNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also expect that the data in these studies will provide a basis to study the impact of sex hormones on diseases related to compromised peripheral circulation, such as hypertension, Raynaud's phenomenon and diabetes ..
- Recognition of host catecholamines in Borrelia burgdorferi gene regulationLinden T Hu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the elements that are critical to host adaptation may lead to new strategies for disrupting the ability of the organism to survive in its natural hosts, thus reducing transmission to humans. ..
- Neighborhood Characteristics &Diabetes Incidence in Multiethnic Cohort StudyKA apos IMI A SINCLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2013..While the research activities of the faculty are varied, they are thematically related to the focus on ethnic diversity. ..
- Pediatric Cancer, Family Conflict and Child AdjustmentLynn Fainsilber Katz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Uterine cancer survival disparities, Hispanic ethnicity, and comorbidities.Linda S Cook; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this manner, the results could have a direct impact on improving the long-term health of uterine cancer patients across the nation. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Pathogen Recognition Receptors in COPDTricia D LeVan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that this project could advance us towards the development of pharmacogenetic-based treatments for COPD and address the VA initiative towards genomic medicine. ) ) ..
- First Step: Home/School Intervention for Preschoolers with Disruptive BehaviorsHILL M WALKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- A Translational Framework for Methodological Rigor to Improve Patient Centered OuFrancesca Dominici; Fiscal Year: 2013..This career development award will also provide me with multidisciplinary expertise and fruitful collaborations necessary for training the next generation of scientists in CER for PCOR. ..
- The Living Well Project: Early Palliative Care and MI for persons with AIDSTammie E Quest; Fiscal Year: 2013..This caring approach will enhance engagement and retention in care and promote movement toward personal self-advocacy and quality of life. ..
- Intrinsic plasticity and information storage in cerebellar Purkinje cellsCHRISTIAN ROBERT HANSEL; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Cognitive and Psychosocial Benefit of Caregiver Training for Ugandan HIV ChildrenMICHAEL JOSEPH BOIVIN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Should high-risk statin utilization rates be increased for complex AMI patients?John M Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study will help clinicians, guideline-makers, and policy-makers understand the benefits, risks, and costs associated with high-dose statin treatments for complex CVD patients. ..
- LEGACY: A cohort of youth in families from the Breast Cancer Family RegistryIrene Andrulis; Fiscal Year: 2013..A thorough understanding of perceptions of risk and risk reduction interventions among children and adolescents is critical for the implementation of effective prevention programs that start early in life. ..
- LEGACY: A cohort of youth in families from the Breast Cancer Family RegistryMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2013..A thorough understanding of perceptions of risk and risk reduction interventions among children and adolescents is critical for the implementation of effective prevention programs that start early in life. ..
- Parent Behavior and Child Adjustment Across CulturesJennifer E Lansford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our findings regarding mechanisms through which parenting affects children's adjustment will influence interventions designed to prevent adjustment problems, especially in maltreated and other high-risk groups. ..
- Promoting positive social-emotional pathways: A translational research programGrazyna Kochanska; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- An Investigation of the Clinical Utility of a Prolonged Grief Disorder DiagnosisHolly Gwen Prigerson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Findings from this study will inform development of a larger field trial to determine the impact of PGD on patient outcomes. ..
- Impact of Air Pollution, Weather, and Lifestyle on Health in Older AmericansHELEN SUH MACINTOSH; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Understanding Resilience in Adolescent Girls: Parent, Peer, and Emotion DynamicsAMANDA S MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Such programs may include parent education, peer counseling, or prevention programming conducted in school settings that focus on building healthy emotional relationships and teaching adolescents how to effectively respond to emotions. ..
- Clinical Trial of the FAST Real-Time GFR SystemBruce A Molitoris; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will also allow for accurate adjustment of medications cleared by the kidneys and those potentially toxic to the kidneys. ..
- Use of Continuous Glucose Sensors in Adolescents with Inadequate Diabetic ControlTim Wysocki; Fiscal Year: 2013..These results could demonstrate that adolescents with previously suboptimal diabetic control could realize multiple benefits from CGS use if they are provided with a specialized behavioral intervention. ..
- Defining the causality &biologic impact of genes within ulcerative colitis loci.John D Rioux; Fiscal Year: 2013..The identification of causal genetic variants linked to UC and their functional implications could provide new guidelines for drug dose adjustment, for changes in treatment modalities and for prevention strategies. ..
- Reasons for the Excess Mortality and Functional Decline in Older Adults with CKDCHRISTOPHER BARRETT BOWLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will determine geriatric-specific risk factors that will lead to patient-centered interventions to reduc risks for mortality and functional decline among older adults with CKD. ..
- Fetal Exposure to Environmental Toxicants and Child OutcomeENRIQUE MAPUA OSTREA; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Community Exercise and Metabolic Syndrome in Black FamiliesDiane M Becker; Fiscal Year: 2012..Outcomes will include changes in factors that affect cardiovascular risk. Long term-outcomes will be examined at 1 and 2 years. ..
- Improving PTSD Service Delivery for Veterans with Severe Mental IllnessAnouk L Grubaugh; Fiscal Year: 2013..relevant health services outcomes such as a) clinical symptoms of PTSD;b) indices of quality of life and social adjustment;c) process outcomes, such as treatment credibility, satisfaction with services, therapeutic alliance, and ..
- Internal Dynamics of the Postsynaptic DensityThomas A Blanpied; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, they will provide an important platform on which to test hypotheses regarding the molecular basis of disorders that disrupt synaptic transmission. ..
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics for 13-cis retinoic acid in neuroblastomaMin Hee Kang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposed study will potentially define PK and/or PG parameters that can be used to optimize dosing of 13- cis-RA in high-risk neuroblastoma patients. ..
- Self-Regulation in Preschool: The Role of Child Physiology, Parents, and TeachersCATHI BARBRA PROPPER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A Pediatric Quality Measurement Center and Testing LaboratoryJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Breast Cancer:Education, Counseling, and AdjustmentJudith Haber; Fiscal Year: 2005..TC) alone, and standardized education with telephone counseling (SE+TC) on emotional, physical and social adjustment will be compared among patients with breast cancer and their partners...
- VARIABLES AFFECTING OSTOMY PATIENT OUTCOMEDebra Jackson; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is anticipated that these results may be of value in both the understanding of normal hematopoiesis, and ultimately in the understanding of the abnormal differentiation properties of leukemic cells...
- FACILITATING OLDER SPOUSES' ADJUSTMENT TO SPOUSAL DEATHVICTORIA RAVEIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed intervention is brief (8 pre- and 8 post-death sessions) and the intervention can be readily implemented in a variety of health care settings. ..
- The Daily Interactions of Couples Coping With Breast Cancer: With Whom, About WhaMatthias R Mehl; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Interparental Relationships, Parental Psychological Distress, & Child DevelopmentLAUREN PAPP; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Serum Sex Hormones and Cardiovascular Risk in the MACSAdrian Dobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will lead to a better understanding of the contribution and temporal nature of low sex hormones to metabolic diseases. ..
- ADHERENCE AND ADJUSTMENT IN END-STAGE RENAL DISEASEAlan Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge generated will add to a growing body of literature that suggests psychosocial assessment information can be useful in the selection f the most beneficial renal treatment modality for a particular patient. ..
- RISK ADJUSTMENT METHODS FOR HYSTERECTOMY COMPLICATIONSEvan Myers; Fiscal Year: 1999..Future studies will assess the applicability of these methods to other settings. ..
- INFLUENCES OF NEIGHBORHOOD QUALITY ON YOUTH ADJUSTMENTLEE SHUMOW; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Extending Social Skills Training for Children Through Interactive TechnologyMELISSA DEROSIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Parental Wartime Deployment on Adjustment in ChildrenPatricia Lester; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, these findings may be broadly applicable to other situations in which a child faces a parent's absence & potential traumatic exposure. ..
- NEW OBSERVATIONAL DATA ANALYSIS METHODS FOR COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS RESEARCHWilliam D Shannon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ADVANCING RISK ADJUSTMENT FOR SCHIZOPHRENIABradley Martin; Fiscal Year: 2000..This application is responsive to Healthy People 2000's priority area for economic evaluation in Mental Disorders Prevention. ..
- Development of Risk-Adjusted Outcome Measures in the EHR EnvironmentStephen Schmaltz; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Rural women breast cancer survivorsB Bettencourt; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore the proposed study will provide the foundation for a long-term research program for understanding cancer survivorship among rural people. ..
- ETIOLOGY OF READJUSTMENT PROBLEMS OF VIETNAM VETERANSWilliam Schlenger; Fiscal Year: 1993..generalized anxiety disorder, and psychoactive substance use disorder; and d) a broad index of personal and social adjustment difficulties...