- Amount of time spent in sedentary behaviors in the United States, 2003-2004
Charles E Matthews
Institute for Medicine and Public Health, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 1738, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:875-81. 2008
Sedentary behaviors are linked to adverse health outcomes, but the total amount of time spent in these behaviors in the United States has not been objectively quantified...
- Amazonia through time: Andean uplift, climate change, landscape evolution, and biodiversity
Paleoecology and Landscape Ecology, Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics IBED, University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH Amsterdam, Netherlands
Science 330:927-31. 2010
..We show that Andean uplift was crucial for the evolution of Amazonian landscapes and ecosystems, and that current biodiversity patterns are rooted deep in the pre-Quaternary...
- Time-dependent rates of molecular evolution
Simon Y W Ho
Centre for Macroevolution and Macroecology, Evolution Ecology and Genetics, Research School of Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Mol Ecol 20:3087-101. 2011
For over half a century, it has been known that the rate of morphological evolution appears to vary with the time frame of measurement...
- General properties of transcriptional time series in Escherichia coli
Lok hang So
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Genet 43:554-60. 2011
Gene activity is described by the time series of discrete, stochastic mRNA production events. This transcriptional time series shows intermittent, bursty behavior...
- Neural representation of time in cortico-basal ganglia circuits
Dezhe Z Jin
Department of Physics, Pennsylvania State University, 104 Davey Laboratory, PMB 206, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19156-61. 2009
Encoding time is universally required for learning and structuring motor and cognitive actions, but how the brain keeps track of time is still not understood...
- Time series analysis of dengue fever and weather in Guangzhou, China
National Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, China CDC, Beijing, PR China
BMC Public Health 9:395. 2009
..Weather variables are potential predictors of dengue incidence. This study explored the impact of weather variability on the transmission of dengue fever in the subtropical city of Guangzhou, China...
- Time-dependent increases in brain-derived neurotrophic factor protein levels within the mesolimbic dopamine system after withdrawal from cocaine: implications for incubation of cocaine craving
Jeffrey W Grimm
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, Intramural Research Program National Institute on Drug Abuse National Institutes of Health Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 23:742-7. 2003
..b>Time-dependent changes also were observed during the tests for sucrose craving, with maximal responding on day 30...
- Distortions of subjective time perception within and across senses
Virginie van Wassenhove
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e1437. 2008
The ability to estimate the passage of time is of fundamental importance for perceptual and cognitive processes...
- Brain overgrowth in autism during a critical time in development: implications for frontal pyramidal neuron and interneuron development and connectivity
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:153-70. 2005
..The relationship to clinical characteristics and other disorders of macrencephaly are discussed...
- A time course of contusion-induced oxidative stress and synaptic proteins in cortex in a rat model of TBI
Mubeen A Ansari
Sanders Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0230, USA
J Neurotrauma 25:513-26. 2008
..Activity of antioxidant enzymes and GSH clearly demonstrate a significant time-dependent increase in oxidative stress...
- Time course of affective bias in visual attention: convergent evidence from steady-state visual evoked potentials and behavioral data
Catherine Hindi Attar
Institute of Psychology I, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroimage 53:1326-33. 2010
..What is largely unknown is the time course and magnitude of competitive interactions between a to-be-attended foreground task and emotional distractors...
- Involuntary (spontaneous) mental time travel into the past and future
Department of Psychology, University of Aarhus, Nobelparken, Jens Chr Skousvej 4, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Conscious Cogn 17:1093-104. 2008
Mental time travel (MTT) is the ability to mentally project oneself backward in time to relive past experiences and forward in time to pre-live possible future experiences...
- Time series analysis on the health effects of temperature: advancements and limitations
Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 15 17 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9SH, UK
Environ Res 110:633-8. 2010
..This assessment is usually based on a time series design, a framework which has gained a substantial development in the last two decades...
- Real-time evolution of new genes by innovation, amplification, and divergence
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Science 338:384-7. 2012
..This rapid process, completed in fewer than 3000 generations, shows the efficacy of the IAD model and allows the study of gene evolution in real time.
- From physical time to the first and second moments of psychological time
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Psychol Bull 127:22-44. 2001
After examination of the status of time in experimental psychology and a review of related major texts, 2 opposite approaches are presented in which time is either unified or fragmented...
- A methodological bias toward overestimation of molecular evolutionary time scales
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, 321 Steinhaus Hall, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2525, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8112-5. 2002
There is presently a conflict between fossil- and molecular-based evolutionary time scales...
- Time-warp-invariant neuronal processing
Racah Institute of Physics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
PLoS Biol 7:e1000141. 2009
..Here, we report that time-warp-invariant neuronal processing can be subserved by the shunting action of synaptic conductances that ..
- Time is brain--quantified
Jeffrey L Saver
The Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Stroke 37:263-6. 2006
The phrase "time is brain" emphasizes that human nervous tissue is rapidly lost as stroke progresses and emergent evaluation and therapy are required...
- Study of stability of time-domain features for electromyographic pattern recognition
Neural Engineering Center for Artificial Limbs, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 345 E, Superior Street, Suite 1309, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:21. 2010
..In this study, we aimed to address these challenges by (1) investigating the stability of time-domain EMG features during changes in the EMG signals and (2) identifying the feature sets that would provide the ..
- Differing time dependencies of object recognition memory impairments produced by nicotinic and muscarinic cholinergic antagonism in perirhinal cortex
Chris J Tinsley
MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, School of Physiological Sciences, Bristol University, United Kingdom
Learn Mem 18:484-92. 2011
- Comprehensive analysis of time- and dose-dependent patterns of gene expression in a human mesenchymal stem cell line exposed to low-dose ionizing radiation
Young Woo Jin
Division of Radiation Effect Research, Radiation Health Research Institute of KHNP, Seoul 132 703, Korea
Oncol Rep 19:135-44. 2008
We focused on the transcriptional responses induced by low and very low doses of ionizing radiation with time effect. Regardless of their importance only a few limited studies have been done...
- Novel precooling strategy enhances time trial cycling in the heat
Megan L R Ross
Australian Institute of Sport, Belconnen, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:123-33. 2011
To develop and investigate the efficacy of a new precooling strategy combining external and internal techniques on the performance of a cycling time trial (TT) in a hot and humid environment.
- Real-time data collection for pain: appraisal and current status
Arthur A Stone
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8790, USA
Pain Med 8:S85-93. 2007
Real-time data capture (RTDC) techniques have rapidly developed with the advent of computer and information technology...
- Multiple sclerosis in Iran: a demographic study of 8,000 patients and changes over time
Mohammad Ali Sahraian
Sina MS Research Center, Sina Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Eur Neurol 64:331-6. 2010
..During the last decade the number of patients has increased. This study was conducted to estimate the prevalence of MS in the capital city of the country...
- Modulation of human time processing by subthalamic deep brain stimulation
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience and Medical Psychology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e24589. 2011
Timing in the range of seconds referred to as interval timing is crucial for cognitive operations and conscious time processing...
- Patient time requirements for screening colonoscopy
Daniel E Jonas
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2401-10. 2007
To measure the amount of time patients spend in the screening colonoscopy process.
- Time trends in asthma and wheeze in Swedish children 1996-2006: prevalence and risk factors by sex
The OLIN Studies, Department of Medicine, Sunderby Central Hospital of Norrbotten, Lulea, Sweden
Allergy 65:48-55. 2010
..We sought to investigate sex-specific trends in wheeze, asthma, allergic conditions, allergic sensitization and risk factors for wheeze...
- Time trend and geographic patterns of lung adenocarcinoma in the United States, 1973-2002
Department of Community Medicine, Mercer University, 1550 College Street, Macon, GA 31207, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2724-9. 2007
..of the lung (ADL), we observed its temporal trend, distributions in geographic areas and populations, and compared them with the distributions of air pollution and low-tar cigarette consumption in time, place, and populations.
- The influence of a sense of time on human development
Laura L Carstensen
Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 2130, USA
Science 312:1913-5. 2006
The subjective sense of future time plays an essential role in human motivation. Gradually, time left becomes a better predictor than chronological age for a range of cognitive, emotional, and motivational variables...
- Time-dependent increases in protease activities for neuronal apoptosis in spinal cords of Lewis rats during development of acute experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:2992-3001. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to examine the time-dependent correlation between increased calpain and caspase activities and neurodegeneration in spinal cord tissues ..
- Estimating patient time costs associated with colorectal cancer care
K Robin Yabroff
Health Services and Economics Branch Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7344, USA
Med Care 43:640-8. 2005
Nonmedical costs of care, such as patient time associated with travel to, waiting for, and seeking medical care, are rarely measured systematically with population-based data.
- Universal access: but when? Treating the right patient at the right time: access to cardiac rehabilitation
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 22:905-11. 2006
..Some international agencies have formulated their own guidelines relating to the optimal wait time for the onset of CR...
- Long-term lithium therapy for bipolar disorder: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
John R Geddes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, UK
Am J Psychiatry 161:217-22. 2004
..The authors sought to determine the efficacy and acceptability of lithium for relapse prevention in bipolar disorder...
- How do we tell time?
Dean V Buonomano
Department of Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Neuroscientist 8:42-51. 2002
Animals time events on scales that range more than 10 orders of magnitude-from microseconds to days. This review focuses on timing that occurs in the range of tens to hundreds of milliseconds...
- Estimating mutation parameters, population history and genealogy simultaneously from temporally spaced sequence data
Alexei J Drummond
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland 1001, Auckland, New Zealand
Genetics 161:1307-20. 2002
..The Kingman coalescent model is used to describe the time structure of the ancestral tree...
- The pace of modern life II: from rates of contemporary microevolution to pattern and process
M T Kinnison
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maine, Orono 04469, USA
Genetica 112:145-64. 2001
We compiled a database of microevolution on contemporary time scales in nature (47 source articles; 30 animal species), comprising 2649 evolutionary rates in darwins (proportional change per million years) and 2151 evolutionary rates in ..
- Use of time by stroke patients: a comparison of four European rehabilitation centers
Liesbet De Wit
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Stroke 36:1977-83. 2005
..The aim of the present study was to identify differences in the use of time by stroke patients in 4 rehabilitation centers in 4 European countries.
- The anterior cingulate cortex responds differently to the validity and valence of feedback in a time-estimation task
Gabry W Mies
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 56:2321-8. 2011
..the role of the medial frontal cortex in the processing of valence and validity of performance feedback using a time-estimation paradigm...
- Mental time travel: a case for evolutionary continuity
Michael C Corballis
School of Psychology, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Trends Cogn Sci 17:5-6. 2013
..This suggests that mental time travel has neurophysiological underpinnings that go far back in evolution, and may not be, as some (including ..
- Time trends of the prevalence of asthma and allergic disease in Austrian children
E S Schernhammer
Department of Epidemiology, Centre of Public Health, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:125-31. 2008
..However, variation across countries and age groups exists. We studied the prevalence and time trends of asthma and allergic disease among schoolchildren in Austria, a country with traditionally low rates of ..
- Time course of affective processing bias in major depression: An ERP study
Medical Psychological Research Center, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Neurosci Lett 487:372-7. 2011
The current study investigated the time course of the affective processing bias in major depressive disorder (MDD) in a visual three-stimulus semantic oddball task using event-related potentials (ERPs)...
- The role of coding time in estimating and interpreting growth curve models
Jeremy C Biesanz
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1202 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53706 1696, USA
Psychol Methods 9:30-52. 2004
The coding of time in growth curve models has important implications for the interpretation of the resulting model that are sometimes not transparent...
- Health-related activities in the American Time Use Survey
Louise B Russell
Institute for Health and Department of Economics, Rutgers University, 30 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Med Care 45:680-5. 2007
The Bureau of Labor Statistics' American Time Use Survey (ATUS), launched in 2003, offers the first comprehensive look at how individuals spend their time...
- Seasonality and seasons out of time--the thermoregulatory effects of light interference
Department of Biology, University of Haifa Oranim, Kiryat Tivon, Israel
Chronobiol Int 22:59-66. 2005
..These results can at least partly explain why LI-voles died during the winter under field conditions, through eliminating winter acclimatization of the thermoregulatory system, or what is considered as "seasons out of time."
- Time trends in pharyngeal cancer incidence in Norway 1981-2005: a subsite analysis based on a reabstraction and recoding of registered cases
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Cancer Causes Control 21:1397-405. 2010
..We investigated whether changes in classification systems and/or coding/registration practices might explain the trends in Norway, focusing on changes in oropharyngeal cancer...
- Incidence and time trends of brain metastases admissions among breast cancer patients in Sweden
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institute Solna, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 106:1850-3. 2012
..While treatment for breast cancer has been refined and overall survival has improved, there is concern that the incidence of brain metastases has increased...
- Time and learning efficiency in Internet-based learning: a systematic review and meta-analysis
David A Cook
Division of General Internal Medicine and Office of Education Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Baldwin 4 A, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 15:755-70. 2010
..Authors have claimed that Internet-based instruction promotes greater learning efficiency than non-computer methods...
- Neural field dynamics with local and global connectivity and time delay
Viktor K Jirsa
Theoretical Neuroscience Group, Movement Science Institute, UMR 6233, CNRS, 13288 Marseille, France
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 367:1131-43. 2009
..The latter results in a time delay of communication among individual brain areas...
- Probing the role of tightly bound phosphoenolpyruvate in Escherichia coli 3-deoxy-d-manno-octulosonate 8-phosphate synthase catalysis using quantitative time-resolved electrospray ionization mass spectrometry in the millisecond time range
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Anal Biochem 343:35-47. 2005
..of transient kinetic methodologies including rapid chemical quench and mass spectrometry techniques such as time-resolved electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-TOF MS) were used to study the enzyme purified both in the ..
- Time of delivery and neonatal morbidity and mortality
Aaron B Caughey
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:496.e1-5. 2008
The objective of the study was to examine the association between time of delivery and neonatal outcomes in term deliveries.
- Long-term effects of short-term perturbation in a subalpine grassland
CABI Bioscience Switzerland, Rue des Grillons 1, CH 2800 Delémont, Switzerland
Ecology 87:1939-44. 2006
..The results of this long-term study indicate that the resilience of mountain ecosystems may be particularly low in response to perturbations that substantially alter soil pH or other key determinants of belowground processes...
- Crosstalk between environmental light and internal time in humans
Chronobiology Laboratory, Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Chronobiol Int 28:617-29. 2011
..Correcting light-exposure patterns accordingly may help prevent or even reverse health problems associated with circadian disruption...
- Statistics for correlated data: phylogenies, space, and time
Anthony R Ives
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecol Appl 16:20-32. 2006
..In the third example, we consider a time-series model to ask whether the decrease in density of a butterfly species is the result of decreases in its host-..
- Impact of introducing stereotactic lung radiotherapy for elderly patients with stage I non-small-cell lung cancer: a population-based time-trend analysis
London Regional Cancer Program, 790 Commissioners Rd E, London, Ontario, Canada N6A4L6
J Clin Oncol 28:5153-9. 2010
..The impact of introducing SBRT in patients 75 years of age or older was studied using a population-based cancer registry...
- Rise and fall of the Beringian steppe bison
Henry Wellcome Ancient Biomolecules Centre, Oxford University, South Parks Road, Oxford OX13PS, UK
Science 306:1561-5. 2004
- Time trends in the prevalence of headache disorders. The Nord-Trondelag Health Studies (HUNT 2 and HUNT 3)
Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Cephalalgia 31:585-96. 2011
..5%) and medication overuse headache (1.0%) remained stable. Apart from a small increase of migraine, headache prevalences remained essentially stable among adults in a Norwegian county during an 11-year period...
- Time as an ecological constraint
R I M Dunbar
Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology, University of Oxford, 64 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6PN
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 84:413-29. 2009
..We argue here that this focus has obscured the role of time as a crucial constraint on species' abilities to survive in some habitats...
- Differential development of stress system (re)activity at weaning dependent on time of disruption of maternal care
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden University, PO Box 9502, RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1217:62-9. 2008
..We conclude that the developmental stage of the organism determines the vulnerability for the detrimental effects of maternal deprivation and the organization of the stress system in adolescence...
- Nursing time devoted to medication administration in long-term care: clinical, safety, and resource implications
Mary S Thomson
Baycrest Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:266-72. 2009
To quantify the time required for nurses to complete the medication administration process in long-term care (LTC).
- Time course transcriptomics of IFNB1b drug therapy in multiple sclerosis
Institute of Immunology, University of Rostock, Germany
Autoimmunity 43:172-8. 2010
..not immediate, therefore reliable early biomarkers for IFNB activity should maintain a differential expression over time, but longitudinal studies at a transcriptional level have been rare...
- Processing time shifts affects the execution of motor responses
Andrea J Sell
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, 32306, United States
Brain Lang 117:39-44. 2011
We explore whether time shifts in text comprehension are represented spatially...
- Time course and risk factors of post-stroke fatigue: a prospective cohort study
Department of Neurology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurol 18:611-7. 2011
..Therefore, the precise mechanisms underlying PSF remain still unclear. This study was aimed at assessing the possible contributions of (pre-)stroke factors to both short-term PSF and its course over time.
- Relativity theory and time perception: single or multiple clocks?
Catalin V Buhusi
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6268. 2009
Current theories of interval timing assume that humans and other animals time as if using a single, absolute stopwatch that can be stopped or reset on command...
- Evaluation of methods for the combination of phenological time series and outlier detection
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Telegrafenberg A51, P O Box 60 12 03, D 14412 Potsdam, Germany
Tree Physiol 22:973-82. 2002
There are several applications of combined phenological time series; e.g...
- Hippocampal network dynamics constrain the time lag between pyramidal cells across modified environments
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University Newark, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
J Neurosci 28:13448-56. 2008
..In contrast, the theta-scale (0-150 ms) time lags between cell pairs, representing distances on the tracks, were conserved, and the activity of the inhibitory ..
- Pre-hospital notification reduced the door-to-needle time for iv t-PA in acute ischaemic stroke
S K Kim
Stroke Center, Dong A University Hospital, Busan, Korea
Eur J Neurol 16:1331-5. 2009
..We implemented the pre-hospital notification system from the emergency medical information system in our metropolitan area to reduce intrahospital delay...
- Time-dependent changes in cortical excitability after prolonged visual deprivation
Naomi B Pitskel
Department of Neurology, Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuroreport 18:1703-7. 2007
..Thus, light deprivation is characterized by a transient increase in visual cortical excitability, followed by a sustained decrease in visual cortex excitability that quickly returns to baseline levels after re-exposure to light...
- Dual time scales for categorical decision making in auditory cortex
Leibniz Institut für Neurobiologie, Brenneckestrasse 6, 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Curr Biol 16:2428-33. 2006
..Our results on neuronal mechanisms of categorical stimulus identification and of decision making attribute a cognitive role to auditory cortex, in addition to its role in signal processing...
- Time of birth and the risk of neonatal death
Jeffrey B Gould
Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:352-8. 2005
- Maternal separation during a specific postnatal time window prevents reinforcement of hippocampal long-term potentiation in adolescent rats
Otto von Guericke University, Institute of Biology, Department of Zoology Developmental Neurobiology, Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroscience 152:1-7. 2008
..in relation to early life experience, we tested the hypothesis that early-life stress during specific postnatal time windows affects long-term potentiation (LTP) reinforcement in adolescence...
- Time as a guide to cause
David A Lagnado
Department of Psychology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 32:451-60. 2006
..A hypothesis-driven account of learning is endorsed, whereby people use cues such as temporal order to generate initial models and then test these models against the incoming covariational data...
- Octopamine and tyramine modulate pheromone-sensitive olfactory sensilla of the hawkmoth Manduca sexta in a time-dependent manner
Biologie, Tierphysiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, 35032, Marburg, Germany
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 195:529-45. 2009
In moths octopamine improved pheromone-dependent mate search time dependently...
- Single, rapid coastal settlement of Asia revealed by analysis of complete mitochondrial genomes
Department of Statistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK
Science 308:1034-6. 2005
..There was an early offshoot, leading ultimately to the settlement of the Near East and Europe, but the main dispersal from India to Australia approximately 65,000 years ago was rapid, most likely taking only a few thousand years...
- Females have lower skin surface pH than men. A study on the surface of gender, forearm site variation, right/left difference and time of the day on the skin surface pH
University of Copenhagen, School of Medicine, Denmark
Skin Res Technol 7:90-4. 2001
..There appeared to be no right/left difference and no systematic change during the working day. Also, measurements should not be conducted close to the wrist...
- In vivo time-lapse fluorescence imaging of individual retinal ganglion cells in mice
Mark K Walsh
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Neurosci Methods 169:214-21. 2008
We have developed a technique that permits time-lapse imaging of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs), their dendritic arbors and their axons in mammals in vivo...
- The validity of a computerized use of time recall, the multimedia activity recall for children and adolescents
Tim S Olds
Sansom Institute, Div of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Pediatr Exerc Sci 22:34-43. 2010
This study examined the convergent validity of a computerized use of time diary (MARCA) relative to pedometry. Participants aged 9-16 years wore a pedometer and completed the MARCA...
- Internal-time temporal difference model for neural value-based decision making
Laboratory for Integrated Theoretical Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, 351 0198 Japan
Neural Comput 22:3062-106. 2010
..g., dopamine activity). The representation of time in neural processes modeled by a TD framework, however, is poorly understood...
- Dual-time-point FDG-PET for evaluation of lymph node metastasis in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 22:245-50. 2008
- Time and decision making in humans
Berlin Institute of Technology, Berlin, Germany
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 8:509-24. 2008
..depends on the duration of the options, the duration of the expected delay for realizing the options, and the time available to reach a decision...
- Time series model to predict burden of viral respiratory illness on a pediatric intensive care unit
Michael C Spaeder
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Med Decis Making 31:494-9. 2011
..The objective was to build a robust model that captures the periodicity of severe pediatric viral respiratory illness and forecasts the incidence of viral respiratory illness in the PICU...
- Age, time, and decision making: from processing speed to global time horizons
Corinna E Lockenhoff
Department of Human Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1235:44-56. 2011
b>Time and time perceptions are integral to decision making because any meaningful choice is embedded in a temporal context and requires the evaluation of future preferences and outcomes...
- Adaptive trial design: a general methodology for censored time to event data
Institute of Medical Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Contemp Clin Trials 30:171-7. 2009
..Either way, an adaptive Cox regression analyis is more efficient than an adaptive logrank analysis if nuisance covariates affect survival...
- SignalML: metaformat for description of biomedical time series
Piotr J Durka
Laboratory of Medical Physics, Institute of Experimental Physics, Warsaw University, ul Hoza 69, 00 681 Warsaw, Poland
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 76:253-9. 2004
..solution to the problem of inherent incompatibility of different formats used for digital storage of biomedical time series (in particular EEG) and their annotations...
- Levetiracetam has a time- and stimulation-dependent effect on synaptic transmission
Xiao Feng Yang
Department of Pediatrics Clinical Neuroscience, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0374, USA
Seizure 18:615-9. 2009
..However, our experiments failed to determine the actual time course of diminished transmission in individual slices followed over time...
- Long-lasting alteration in mesocorticolimbic structures after repeated social defeat stress in rats: time course of mu-opioid receptor mRNA and FosB/DeltaFosB immunoreactivity
Ella M Nikulina
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona, College of Medicine Phoenix, 425 N Fifth Street, ABC 1, Phoenix, AZ 85004 2157, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:2272-84. 2008
..In this study we characterize the magnitude and time-course of MOR mRNA expression and FosB/DeltaFosB immunoreactivity in mesocorticolimbic regions following repeated ..
- Understanding toxicity as processes in time
Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam, Department of Theoretical Biology, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Total Environ 408:3735-9. 2010
..usually focus on a single end point (typically mortality, growth, or reproduction) at a standardized exposure time. The exposure time is chosen irrespective of the properties of the chemical under scrutiny, but should depend on ..
- Temporal sequences, synesthetic mappings, and cultural biases: the geography of time
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Conscious Cogn 19:311-20. 2010
b>Time-space synesthetes report that they experience the months of the year as having a spatial layout...
- The test of time: predictors and effects of duration in youth mentoring relationships
Jean B Grossman
Public Private Ventures, Philadelphia, Pennyslvania 19103, USA
Am J Community Psychol 30:199-219. 2002
..Adolescents who were in relationships that terminated within a very short period of time reported decrements in several indicators of functioning...
- On-time mammography screening with a focus on Latinas with low income: a proposed cultural model
Institute for Prevention Research, The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Anticancer Res 27:4325-38. 2007
..Consequently, late-detection is common, with increased risk of dying after diagnosis. Why women with low-income, particularly Latinas, who had initial mammography, were not regularly screened was examined...
- Integration across Time Determines Path Deviation Discrimination for Moving Objects
Department of Optometry, University of Bradford, Bradford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e1930. 2008
..In this study we characterize our ability to judge changes in the direction of motion of objects-a common task which can allow us either to intercept moving objects, or else avoid them if they pose a threat...
- Perception of time and causation through the kinesthesia of intentional action
Walter J Freeman
University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3206, USA
Integr Psychol Behav Sci 42:137-43. 2008
Perception is an intentional action through space in time by which the finite brain explores the infinite world. By acting, the brain thrusts its body into the future space-time of the world while predicting the sensory consequences...
- Seasonality of primary care utilization for respiratory diseases in Ontario: a time-series analysis
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, 263 McCaul Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 2W7, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 8:160. 2008
- Analysis of competing risks of causes of death and their variation over different time periods in Hodgkin's disease
Medical Oncology, University Hospital Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 14:5300-5. 2008
..However, long-term studies show excessive mortality in relation to the general population. We studied the various causes of death by use of competing risks and their evolution over the years...
- Developmental changes in neural activation and psychophysiological interaction patterns of brain regions associated with interference control and time perception
Institute of Neuroscience and Biophysics, Research Center Juelich, Juelich, Germany
Neuroimage 43:399-409. 2008
Interference control and time perception are mediated by common neural networks, including the frontal and parietal lobes, the cerebellum and the basal ganglia...
- Shifts to and from daylight saving time and incidence of myocardial infarction
N Engl J Med 359:1966-8. 2008
- Latex-induced occupational asthma: time trend in incidence and relationship with hospital glove policies
Fonds voor de Beroepsziekten Fonds des Maladies Professionnelles, Brussels, Belgium
Allergy 64:415-20. 2009
..Few population-based studies have assessed the impact of changes in the patterns of glove usage on the incidence of NRL-induced OA...
- Sampling time is important but may be overlooked in establishment and use of thyroid-stimulating hormone reference intervals
Clin Chem 53:355-6. 2007
- Time to diagnosis in systemic sclerosis: is sex a factor?
Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 61:274-8. 2009
To determine whether sex plays a role in the time to diagnosis of systemic sclerosis (SSc).
- Time of day is associated with postoperative morbidity: an analysis of the national surgical quality improvement program data
Rachel R Kelz
Department of Surgery, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Surg 247:544-52. 2008
To examine the association between surgical start time and morbidity and mortality for nonemergent procedures.
- Time representations can be made from nontemporal information in the brain: an MEG study
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Japan
Cereb Cortex 16:1797-808. 2006
Perceiving the passage of time is an essential ability for humans and animals. Here we used magnetoencephalography and investigated how our internal clock system in the brain converts sensory experiences into their time representations...
- A site- and time-heterogeneous model of amino acid replacement
Laboratoire d Informatique, de Robotique et de Microélectronique de Montpellier, UMR 5506, CNRS Université de Montpellier 2, Montpellier, France
Mol Biol Evol 25:842-58. 2008
..Chain Monte Carlo framework and compared its predictions with those of 3 simpler models, BP, CAT, and the site- and time-homogeneous general time-reversible (GTR) model, on a concatenation of 4 mitochondrial proteins of 20 arthropod ..