Genomes and Genes
Summary: The temperature at which a substance changes from one state or conformation of matter to another.
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of product temperature during primary drying on the long-term stability of lyophilized proteinsStéphanie Passot
UMR 782 Genie et Microbiologie des Procedes Alimentaires, AgroParisTech, INRA, Thiverval Grignon, France
Pharm Dev Technol 12:543-53. 2007..to investigate the effect of performing primary drying at product temperatures below and above Tg' (glass transition temperature of the freeze-concentrated phase) on the long-term stability of lyophilized proteins...
- Evaluation of high-resolution melting analysis as a diagnostic tool to detect the BRAF V600E mutation in colorectal tumorsMartin Pichler
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
J Mol Diagn 11:140-7. 2009..Despite the expected decrease in sensitivity, HRM can reliably be applied in archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples tissues...
- One-step triplex high-resolution melting analysis for rapid identification and simultaneous subtyping of frequently isolated Salmonella serovarsJosef Zeinzinger
Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Vienna, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:3352-60. 2012..These 39 serotypes represent more than 94% of all human and more than 85% of all nonhuman Salmonella isolates (including isolates from veterinary, food, and environmental samples) obtained in the years 2008 and 2009 in Austria...
- An integrated approach to extreme thermostabilization and affinity maturation of an antibodyAudrey D McConnell
AnaptysBio, Inc, 10421 Pacific Center Court, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 26:151-64. 2013....
- Rapid molecular identification of Listeria species by use of real-time PCR and high-resolution melting analysisDazhi Jin
Zhejiang Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Hangzhou, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 330:72-80. 2012..Consequently, this study demonstrates that the assay we developed is a functional tool for rapidly identifying six Listeria species, and has the potential for discriminating novel species food safety and epidemiological research...
- High resolution melting analysis for rapid and sensitive EGFR and KRAS mutation detection in formalin fixed paraffin embedded biopsiesHongdo Do
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett St, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
BMC Cancer 8:142. 2008..However, up to now it has not been fully validated for clinical samples when formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) sections are the only material available for analysis as is often the case...
- Classification of Mycoplasma synoviae strains using single-strand conformation polymorphism and high-resolution melting-curve analysis of the vlhA gene single-copy regionNathan Jeffery
CSIRO Livestock Industries, F D McMaster Laboratory Chiswick, Armidale, New South Wales 2350, Australia
Microbiology 153:2679-88. 2007..synoviae strains. In particular, the HRM curve analysis is a rapid and effective technique which can be performed in a single test tube in less than 2 h...
- Rapid detection and differentiation of Newcastle disease virus by real-time PCR with melting-curve analysisH M Pham
Department of Disease Control, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Arch Virol 150:2429-38. 2005..The total time for a PCR run was less than 1 hour. The results obtained in this study showed that the real-time PCR presented here is a good screening test for the identification of NDV...
- High-resolution melting analysis as a powerful tool to discriminate and genotype Pseudomonas savastanoi pathovars and strainsAndrea Gori
Laboratorio di Patologia Vegetale e Molecolare, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Agrarie, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e30199. 2012..Its application is particularly suitable for sanitary certification programs for P. savastanoi, aimed at avoiding the spreading of this phytopathogen through asymptomatic plants...
- Ultrasensitive detection of drug-resistant pandemic 2009 (H1N1) influenza A virus by rare-variant-sensitive high-resolution melting-curve analysisNeng Chen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:2602-9. 2011..Thus, patients naive to oseltamivir are most likely to be susceptible when this drug is used as a first-line treatment modality...
- Heat-transfer resistance at solid-liquid interfaces: a tool for the detection of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in DNABart van Grinsven
Institute for Materials Research IMO, IMOMEC, Hasselt University, Wetenschapspark 1, B 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
ACS Nano 6:2712-21. 2012..Reference measurements by confocal fluorescence microscopy and impedance spectroscopy confirm that the switching of heat-transfer resistance upon denaturation is indeed related to the thermal on-chip denaturation of DNA...
- Rapid identification of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates by rpoB gene scanning using high-resolution melting curve PCR analysisAriane T Pietzka
Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, Vienna, Austria
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:1121-7. 2009..Rifampicin resistance caused by diverse mutations in the rpoB gene is an established and widely used surrogate marker for MDR-TB. We used a high-resolution melting (HRM) curve analysis approach to scan for mutations in the rpoB gene...
- Rapid differentiation of influenza A virus subtypes and genetic screening for virus variants by high-resolution melting analysisJih Hui Lin
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 46:1090-7. 2008..This assay requires no multiplexing or hybridization probes and provides a new approach for influenza A virus subtyping and genetic screening of virus variants in a clinical virology laboratory...
- Rapid detection and differentiation of the major mycoplasma contaminants in cell cultures using real-time PCR with SYBR Green I and melting curve analysisRyo Harasawa
Veterinary Microbiology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 49:859-63. 2005..These results demonstrate that the protocol described in the present study can decrease the time to obtain reproducible results by simultaneous detection and differentiation of the Mycoplasma species contaminating cell cultures...
- Isolation of a highly thermal stable lama single domain antibody specific for Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin BRussell R Graef
MITRE Corporation, McLean, Virginia 22102, USA
BMC Biotechnol 11:86. 2011..The ability of these small antigen-binding molecules to refold after heating to achieve their original structure, as well as their diminutive size, makes them attractive candidates for diagnostic assays...
- Dielectric relaxation spectroscopy of hydrated and dehydrated silk fibroin cast from aqueous solutionLei Yu
Department of Physics and Astronomy and Biomedical Engineering Department, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Biomacromolecules 11:2766-75. 2010..During crystallization, α-helices can be transformed into antiparallel β-sheets, which possess no dipole moment, causing the decreasing trend in the dielectric parameters as crystallization proceeds...
- Context dependence of trinucleotide repeat structuresNatalya N Degtyareva
Department of Chemistry, Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina 29613, USA
Biochemistry 49:3024-30. 2010..Thus, an open (CAG)(8) loop and exposed bases in the arms indicate that the strand junction profoundly influences repeated sequences within three-way junctions...
- Development of a rapid high-throughput method for high-resolution melting analysis for routine detection and genotyping of norovirusesEtsuko Tajiri-Utagawa
Second Department of Virology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashimurayama shi, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 47:435-40. 2009..This assay requires no multiplexing or hybridization probes and provides a new approach to the genetic screening of noroviruses in clinical virology laboratories...
- Analysis of thermal melting curvesJean Louis Mergny
Laboratoire de Biophysique, INSERM UR565, CNRS UMR 5153, Museum national d histoire naturelle, 75231 Paris, France
Oligonucleotides 13:515-37. 2003..We present the classic problems encountered during these experiments and try to demonstrate that a number of useful pieces of information can be extracted from these experimental curves...
- Rapid differentiation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and M. bovis by high-resolution melt curve analysisSuheir Ereqat
Al Quds Nutrition and Health Research Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Al Quds University, Abu Deis, PO Box 201760, West Bank, Palestine
J Clin Microbiol 48:4269-72. 2010..This assay correctly identified the 7 tested Mycobacterium reference strains and 52 clinical samples with a sensitivity of 2 pg DNA. This assay will help in prescribing adequate treatment and monitoring disease dynamics...
- Towards an understanding of the release behavior of temperature-sensitive liposomes: a possible explanation of the "pseudoequilibrium" release behavior at the phase transition temperatureXin Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London, UK
J Liposome Res 23:167-73. 2013..2000) maintain a constant permeability to ionic molecules when they are heated to the phase transition temperature of the membrane (Tm). However, DPPC:DSPE...
- Advantages and limits of real-time PCR assay and PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism for the identification of cutaneous Leishmania species in TunisiaImène Ben Abda
Research Laboratory of Emerging Parasitosis LR 05 SP 03, Pasteur Institute of Tunis, 13, Place Pasteur BP 74 1002 Tunis, Tunisia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:17-22. 2011..Both PCR assays can be used in a routine diagnostic, however, further prospective studies including largest sampling, are required to determine their performances in a routine use...
- A novel approach for analyzing glass-transition temperature vs. composition patterns: application to pharmaceutical compound+polymer systemsIoannis M Kalogeras
Solid State Physics Section, Department of Physics, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Zografos 157 84, Greece
Eur J Pharm Sci 42:470-83. 2011..encapsulation, as well as the physicochemical stability of the products, is often reflected on their glass transition temperature (T(g)) vs. composition (w) dependencies...
- High-resolution melting approach to efficient identification and quantification of H275Y mutant influenza H1N1/2009 virus in mixed-virus-population samplesHong Kai Lee
Molecular Diagnosis Center, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
J Clin Microbiol 49:3555-9. 2011....
- Influence of lipid composition on the phase transition temperature of liposomes composed of both DPPC and HSPCJun Chen
College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 39:197-204. 2013..The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of molar ratio of 1,2-dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DPPC) and hydrogenated soy phosphatidylcholine (HSPC) on the phase transition temperature (T(m)) of the liposomes.
- Rapid detection and non-subjective characterisation of infectious bronchitis virus isolates using high-resolution melt curve analysis and a mathematical modelKylie Hewson
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Virol 154:649-60. 2009..This model is a rapid, reliable, accurate and non-subjective system for detection of IBVs in poultry flocks...
- Glass transition temperature of hard chairside reline materials after post-polymerisation treatmentsVanessa M Urban
Department of Dentistry, Ponta Grossa State University UEPG, Ponta Grossa, PR, Brazil
Gerodontology 27:230-5. 2010This study evaluated the effect of post-polymerisation treatments on the glass transition temperature (T(g)) of five hard chairside reline materials (Duraliner II-D, Kooliner-K, New Truliner-N, Ufi Gel hard-U and Tokuso Rebase Fast-T).
- Morphological behavior of lipid bilayers induced by melittin near the phase transition temperatureShuichi Toraya
Graduate School of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Yokohama 240 8501, Japan
Biophys J 89:3214-22. 2005..On the other hand, additional large amplitude motion induced by melittin at a temperature near the Tc breaks down the magnetic alignment...
- Stabilization of low glass transition temperature indomethacin formulations: impact of polymer-type and its concentrationRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:2286-98. 2008..The stability of the amorphous form of INM could not be related to the glass transition temperature of the formulation as the mechanism of stabilization with EPO appears to be molecular interaction rather ..
- Determination of glass transition temperature and in situ study of the plasticizing effect of water by inverse gas chromatographyRahul Surana
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pharm Res 20:1647-54. 2003To use an inverse gas chromatographic (IGC) method to determine the glass transition temperature (Tg) of some amorphous pharmaceuticals and to extend this technique for the in situ study of the plasticizing effect of water on these ..
- Diisopropylammonium chloride: a ferroelectric organic salt with a high phase transition temperature and practical utilization level of spontaneous polarizationDa Wei Fu
Ordered Matter Science Research Center, Southeast University, Nanjing, 211196, P R China
Adv Mater 23:5658-62. 2011A simple organic salt, diisopropylammonium chloride, shows the highest ferroelectric phase transition temperature among molecule-based ferroelectrics with a large spontaneous polarization, making it a candidate for practical technological ..
- Molecular-weight dependence of the glass transition temperature of freely-standing poly(methyl methacrylate) filmsC B Roth
Department of Physics and the Guelph Waterloo Physics Institute, University of Guelph, N1G 2W1, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Eur Phys J E Soft Matter 20:441-8. 2006We have used transmission ellipsometry to measure the glass transition temperature, T(g), of freely-standing films of atactic and syndiotactic poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)...
- Rapid identification of Listeria species and screening for variants by melting curve and high-resolution melting curve analyses of the intergenic spacer region of the rRNA geneJun Wang
Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd, Food Safety Research Center, 559 6 Kitano Machi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0906, Japan
Can J Microbiol 56:676-82. 2010..In particular, the completion of both reaction and analysis in a closed tube saves time by eliminating the separate steps and lowers the risk of contamination...
- Rapid detection of H and R Panton-Valentine leukocidin isoforms in Staphylococcus aureus by high-resolution melting analysisSteven Y C Tong
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, PO Box 41096 Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:399-401. 2010..Of 223 Staphylococcus aureus isolates from northern Australia, isoforms clustered by clonal complex (CC). All CC93 isolates harbored the arginine isoform...
- Use of sloppy molecular beacon probes for identification of mycobacterial speciesHiyam H El-Hajj
Public Health Research Institute, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:1190-8. 2009..Utilizing this general paradigm, screening assays can be designed for the identification of a wide range of species...
- High-resolution melting analysis of the spa locus reveals significant diversity within sequence type 93 methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from northern AustraliaS Y C Tong
Menzies School of Health Research, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:1126-31. 2009..aureus (MSSA), and the coexistence of MSSA and methicillin-resistant S. aureus versions of the same lineage within northern Australia...
- aac(6')-Ib-cr genotyping by simultaneous high-resolution melting analyses of an unlabeled probe and full-length ampliconJan M Bell
SA Pathology, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Rd, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1378-80. 2010..Our genotyping assay uses the combined information of simultaneously acquired high-resolution melting data from an unlabeled probe and the full-length amplicon...
- Optimization of high-resolution melting analysis for low-cost and rapid screening of allelic variants of Bacillus anthracis by multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysisDaniela Fortini
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Clin Chem 53:1377-80. 2007..Although the method has great differentiating power and reproducibility, faster genotyping at low cost may be requested to accurately identify B. anthracis strains in the field...
- Classification of fowl adenovirus serotypes by use of high-resolution melting-curve analysis of the hexon gene regionPenelope A Steer
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 47:311-21. 2009....
- Small-molecule binding at an abasic site of DNA: strong binding of lumiflavin for improved recognition of thymine-related single nucleotide polymorphismsN B Sankaran
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Phys Chem B 113:1522-9. 2009..In comparison to riboflavin, reported previously as a T-selective ligand, lumiflavin binds to the DNA much more strongly and is a more promising ligand for efficient detection of T-related single nucleotide polymorphisms...
- High-resolution melting analysis of the spa repeat region of Staphylococcus aureusAlex J Stephens
Cooperative Research Centre for Diagnostics, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, Australia
Clin Chem 54:432-6. 2008..We describe here a method for genotyping S. aureus using high-resolution melting (HRM) analysis of the spa polymorphic region X...
- Fluorometric assay for testing rifampin susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complexK G P Hoek
DST NRF Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Tuberculosis Research MRC Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa
J Clin Microbiol 46:1369-73. 2008..This method, named "FAST-Rif" ("fluorometric assay for susceptibility testing of rifampin"), allowed the rapid, reliable, and easy detection of genotypic rifampin resistance as a marker for MDR-TB and XDR-TB...
- Rapid universal identification of bacterial pathogens from clinical cultures by using a novel sloppy molecular beacon melting temperature signature techniqueSoumitesh Chakravorty
Division of Infectious Disease, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:258-67. 2010..This approach enables highly multiplexed target detection using a simple PCR format that can transform infectious disease diagnostics and improve patient outcomes...
- Methylation-sensitive high-resolution melting-curve analysis of the SNRPN gene as a diagnostic screen for Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromesHelen E White
National Genetics Reference Laboratory Wessex, Salisbury District Hospital, Odstock, Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Clin Chem 53:1960-2. 2007..Analysis of allelic methylation differences at the small nuclear ribonucleoprotein polypeptide N (SNRPN) locus differentiates the maternally and paternally inherited chromosome 15 and can be used as a diagnostic test for AS and PWS...
- Arginine-based PNA microarrays for APOE genotypingAlessandro Calabretta
Department of Organic and Industrial Chemistry, University of Parma, Viale G P Usberti 17a, I 43100, Parma, Italy
Mol Biosyst 5:1323-30. 2009..Six different hybridisation patterns related to six different genotypes in the APOE gene were found to be clearly distinct in microarray experiments, demonstrating the potential of this approach for highly specific genetic analysis...
- Combining sequence-specific probes and DNA binding dyes in real-time PCR for specific nucleic acid quantification and melting curve analysisKristina Lind
Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Biotechniques 40:315-9. 2006..The probe signal reflect formation of target product, while melting curve analysis of the BOXTO signal reveals primer-dimer formation and the presence of any other anomalous products...
- Synthesis of cell-permeable peptide nucleic acids and characterization of their hybridization and uptake propertiesPeng Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, 4400 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:4931-5. 2006..Thermal denaturation study showed that GPNA oligomers containing alternate D-backbone configuration bind sequence-specifically to DNA and, when incubated with mammalian cells, localized specifically to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- High resolution melting analysis for JAK2 Exon 14 and Exon 12 mutations: a diagnostic tool for myeloproliferative neoplasmsInmaculada Rapado
Hematology Science, Hospital Universitario, Madrid, Spain
J Mol Diagn 11:155-61. 2009..Hence, HRM analysis of exons 14 and 12 in JAK2 shows better diagnostic values than three other routinely used methods against which it was compared. In addition, HRM analysis has the advantage of detecting unknown mutations...
- Expanded instrument comparison of amplicon DNA melting analysis for mutation scanning and genotypingMark G Herrmann
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, ARUP, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Chem 53:1544-8. 2007..We assessed the performance of these new instruments for genotyping and scanning for mutations...
- Strand invasion of mixed-sequence B-DNA by acridine-linked, gamma-peptide nucleic acid (gamma-PNA)Srinivas Rapireddy
Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, 4400 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:15596-600. 2007..This finding is significant because it demonstrates that the same principles that guide the recognition of single-stranded DNA and RNA can also be applied to double-stranded B-DNA...
- Detection of the JAK2(V617F) mutation in myeloproliferative disorders by melting curve analysis using the LightCycler systemRandall J Olsen
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:997-1003. 2006..A specific mutation, JAK2(V617F), was recently recognized as having diagnostic value for myeloproliferative disorders. No practical assay is currently available for routine use in a clinical laboratory...
- Transport properties of glass-forming liquids suggest that dynamic crossover temperature is as important as the glass transition temperatureFrancesco Mallamace
Dipartimento di Fisica and Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Scienze Fisiche della Materia, Universita di Messina, I 98166 Messina, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22457-62. 2010..The crossover temperature, T(×), located well above the calorimetric glass transition temperature T(g), marks significant variations in the system thermodynamics, evidenced by the change of the SA-like T ..
- High-resolution DNA melting analysis for simultaneous mutation scanning and genotyping in solutionLuming Zhou
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, USA
Clin Chem 51:1770-7. 2005..However, simultaneous PCR product scanning and probe genotyping in the same reaction has not been described...
- Using an aryl phenanthroimidazole moiety as a conjugated flexible intercalator to improve the hybridization efficiency of a triplex-forming oligonucleotideAmany M A Osman
Nucleic Acid Center, Department of Physics and Chemistry, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Bioorg Med Chem 16:9937-47. 2008..The required monomers for DNA synthesis using amidite chemistry were obtained by standard deprotection of the hydroxy groups followed by 4,4'-dimethoxytritylation and phosphitylation...
- SYTO9 and SYBR GREEN1 with high resolution melting analysis for molecular confirmatory testing of the common Southeast Asian beta(0)-thalassemia mutationsUnthika Chamras
Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200
Hemoglobin 33:539-45. 2009..The SYTO9 and SYBR GREEN1 HRM analysis is simple and rapid. This approach will facilitate laboratory diagnosis and genetic counseling for regions with a high prevalence of beta-thal...
- Influence of curing protocol on selected properties of light-curing polymers: degree of conversion, volume contraction, elastic modulus, and glass transition temperatureMagali Dewaele
Laboratory of Chemistry and Physics of High Polymers, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Dent Mater 25:1576-84. 2009..light-curing protocol on degree of conversion (DC), volume contraction (C), elastic modulus (E), and glass transition temperature (T(g)) as measured on a model polymer...
- High-throughput genotyping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the Plasmodium falciparum dhfr gene by asymmetric PCR and melt-curve analysisRochelle E Cruz
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 48:3081-7. 2010..Our assay provides a number of technical improvements that facilitate the high-throughput screening of patient samples to identify SP-resistant malaria...
- Low amounts of sucrose are sufficient to depress the phase transition temperature of dry phosphatidylcholine, but not for lyoprotection of liposomesConstança Cacela
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biophys J 90:2831-42. 2006..that the lyoprotection of liposomes depends on the depression of the gel to liquid-crystalline phase transition temperature (T(m)) of the dry membranes below ambient and on the prevention of membrane fusion by sugar glass ..
- Detection of the JAK2 V617F mutation by LightCycler PCR and probe dissociation analysisMarla Lay
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, L235, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
J Mol Diagn 8:330-4. 2006..We found that the LightCycler method offered advantages of speed, reliability, and more straightforward interpretation over the restriction fragment-length polymorphism and sequencing approaches...
- Rescue of glaucoma-causing mutant myocilin thermal stability by chemical chaperonesJ Nicole Burns
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 30332, USA
ACS Chem Biol 5:477-87. 2010....
- Nanoencapsulation of a water soluble drug in biocompatible polyesters. Effect of polyesters melting point and glass transition temperature on drug release behaviorVassilios Karavelidis
Laboratory of Organic Chemical Technology, Chemistry Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Pharm Sci 41:636-43. 2010..Melting point (T(m)) and glass transition temperature (T(g)) of the host polymer matrices seem to be important parameters, since higher drug release rates are ..
- Closed-tube SNP genotyping without labeled probes/a comparison between unlabeled probe and amplicon meltingMichael Liew
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, ARUP, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1221, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:341-8. 2007..When 2 temperature standards were used to bracket the amplicon of interest, the accuracy of amplicon genotyping of SNPs was increased to 100% (LightTyper) and 88% (I-Cycler)...
- High-resolution melting assay for the detection of gyrA mutations causing quinolone resistance in Salmonella enterica serovars Typhi and ParatyphiRobert Slinger
Division of Bacteriology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L1
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:455-8. 2007..The presence of gyrA mutations led to small but consistent changes in amplicon melting temperatures that allowed quinolone-resistant isolates to be differentiated from susceptible ones...
- Interstrand DNA cross-links induced by alpha,beta-unsaturated aldehydes derived from lipid peroxidation and environmental sourcesMichael P Stone
Department of Chemistry, Center in Molecular Toxicology, and Vanderbilt Institute for Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Acc Chem Res 41:793-804. 2008..Reduced derivatives of these cross-links are useful tools for studying their biological processing...
- Mixture models for analysis of melting temperature dataChristoffer Nellåker
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius Väg, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Bioinformatics 9:370. 2008..Methodological improvements in recent years allow the generation of high-resolution melting-temperature (Tm) data. However, there is currently no convention on how to statistically analyze such high-resolution Tm data...
- Detection of the East and West African kdr mutation in Anopheles gambiae and Anopheles arabiensis from Uganda using a new assay based on FRET/Melt Curve analysisKatrijn Verhaeghen
Departement of Parasitology, Prins Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Malar J 5:16. 2006..Two different allele-specific polymerase chain reactions (AS-PCR) are needed to detect these known kdr mutations. However, these AS-PCR assays rely on a single nucleotide polymorphism mismatch, which can result in unreliable results...
- Molecular beacon-based temperature control and automated analyses for improved resolution of melting temperature analysis using SYBR I green chemistryChristoffer Nellåker
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Chem 53:98-103. 2007....
- Analytical detection of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements in gastric lymphoid infiltrates by peak area analysis of the melting curve in the LightCycler SystemEduardo Retamales
Departamento Laboratorio de Salud, Instituto Salud Publica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Mol Diagn 9:351-7. 2007....
- Comparison of different melting temperature calculation methods for short DNA sequencesAlejandro Panjkovich
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Alameda 340, Santiago, Chile
Bioinformatics 21:711-22. 2005....
- LightCycler technology in molecular diagnosticsElaine Lyon
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Mol Diagn 11:93-101. 2009..High-resolution melting allows mutation scanning by detecting all heterozygous changes. This review describes the major advances throughout the last 15 years regarding LightCycler technology and its application in clinical laboratories...
- Quantitative equivalence between polymer nanocomposites and thin polymer filmsAmitabh Bansal
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Nat Mater 4:693-8. 2005..We show that the changes in glass-transition temperature with decreasing interparticle spacing for two filler surface treatments are quantitatively equivalent to ..
- Substitution of aspartic acid with glutamic acid increases the unfolding transition temperature of a proteinDuck Yeon Lee
Biomedical Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Cheongyang Box 131, Seoul 130 650, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 320:900-6. 2004..5 degrees C. The change of Tm destabilizes the MjTRX by 0.55 kcal/mol and stabilizes the ETRX by 0.45 kcal/mol in free energy...
- Identification of trinucleotide repeat ligands with a FRET melting assaySamir Amrane
Muséum National d Histoire Naturelle MNHN USM 503, INSERM U565, CNRS UMR 5153, Case Postale 26, 57 rue Cuvier 75005 Paris, France
Chembiochem 9:1229-34. 2008..Remarkably, we found that macrocyclic compounds, such as acridine dimers and trimers, exhibit interesting affinities and specificities for this motif...
- Energetic basis of molecular recognition in a DNA aptamerG Reid Bishop
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mississippi College, 200 S Capitol St, Clinton, MS 39058, USA
Biophys Chem 126:165-75. 2007....
- Effect of physical properties of troglitazone crystal on the molecular interaction with PVP during heatingSusumu Hasegawa
Pharmaceutical Development Laboratories, Sankyo Co Ltd, 1 12 1 Shinomiya, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 254 0014, Japan
Int J Pharm 336:82-9. 2007..PM) containing unmilled troglitazone must be heated above at least 50 degrees C higher than the glass transition temperature (T(g)) of PVP to obtain an SD showing 100% dissolution, while PMs containing milled troglitazone could be ..
- Organic glasses with exceptional thermodynamic and kinetic stabilityStephen F Swallen
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Science 315:353-6. 2007..is optimized when deposition occurs on substrates at a temperature of 50 K below the conventional glass transition temperature. We attribute the substantial improvement in thermodynamic and kinetic properties to enhanced mobility ..
- Part I: characterization of solid dispersions of nimodipine prepared by hot-melt extrusionXin Zheng
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, P R China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:791-802. 2007..The weakening and shift of the N-H stretching vibration of the secondary amine groups of nimodipine as determined by FT-IR proved hydrogen bonding between the drug and polymers in the solid dispersion...
- Crystallization and phase behavior of fatty acid esters of 1,3 propanediol III: 1,3 propanediol dicaprylate/1,3 propanediol distearate (CC/SS) and 1,3 propanediol dicaprylate/1,3 propanediol dipalmitate (CC/PP) binary systemsMadjid Abes
Alberta Lipid Utilization Program, Department of Agricultural Food and Nutritional Science, 4 10 Agriculture Forestry Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2P5
Chem Phys Lipids 151:110-24. 2008..3 compared to the CC/SS mixtures were associated with the chain length difference...
- A calorimetric investigation of thermodynamic and molecular mobility contributions to the physical stability of two pharmaceutical glassesDeliang Zhou
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Weaver Densford Hall, 308 Harvard Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0343, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:71-83. 2007..These observations below Tg are consistent with the previous work on physical stability of amorphous pharmaceuticals performed above Tg...
- Solid state chemistry of proteins: I. glass transition behavior in freeze dried disaccharide formulations of human growth hormone (hGH)Michael J Pikal
School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:2765-76. 2007..differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), a protein-rich system behaves as a "strong glass", and the glass transition temperature, T(g), cannot be directly determined by DSC...
- Enthalpy and interfacial free energy changes of water capillary condensed in mesoporous silica, MCM-41 and SBA-15Shigeharu Kittaka
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Okayama University of Science, 1 1 Ridaicho, Okayama, 700 0005, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 8:3223-31. 2006....
- Gelatinization and freeze-concentration effects on recrystallization in corn and potato starch gelsFelicidad Ronda
Departamento de Ingeniería Agrícola y Forestal, Tecnologia de los Alimentos, E T S Ingenierías Agrarias, Universidad de Valladolid, 34004 Palencia, Spain
Carbohydr Res 343:903-11. 2008..Freeze-concentration temperatures also showed a significant effect on the size and the perfection of crystals formed in starch recrystallization...
- Recrystallization of nifedipine and felodipine from amorphous molecular level solid dispersions containing poly(vinylpyrrolidone) and sorbed waterPatrick J Marsac
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907 USA
Pharm Res 25:647-56. 2008..To compare the physical stability of amorphous molecular level solid dispersions of nifedipine and felodipine, in the presence of poly(vinylpyrrolidone) (PVP) and small amounts of moisture...
- Study of thermal behaviour of sugar estersAngéla Szuts
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Szeged, H 6720 Szeged, Eotvos u 6, Hungary
Int J Pharm 336:199-207. 2007..Time-dependent solid-state changes (crystalline and amorphous phases) were observed, and analysed by means of differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray powder diffraction...
- Gamma radiolysis of ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphateMingying Qi
Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201800, China
Radiat Res 167:508-14. 2007..When the irradiated [bmim][PF6] samples were cooled, two crystal structures were found to coexist, and they suffered a continuous destruction under irradiation; their dose dependence, however, was different...
- Clathrate formation and dissociation in vapor/water/ice/hydrate systems in SBA-15, sol-gel and CPG porous media, as probed by NMR relaxation, novel protocol NMR cryoporometry, neutron scattering and ab initio quantum-mechanical molecular dynamics simulatiJ Beau W Webber
Institute of Petroleum Engineering, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK
Magn Reson Imaging 25:533-6. 2007..Ab initio quantum-mechanical molecular dynamics calculations are also being employed to probe the dynamics of liquids in pores at nanometric dimensions...
- Sudden rise of crystal growth rate of nifedipine near T(g) without and with polyvinylpyrrolidoneHajime Ishida
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1131-8. 2007..in the beta polymorph has been measured from T(g) + 50 to T(g) - 20 K, where T(g) = 315 K is the glass transition temperature. A sudden 10-fold rise of growth rate was observed as the temperature decreased from above to below T(g) ..
- Crystal growth formation in melt extrudatesCaroline Bruce
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, United States
Int J Pharm 341:162-72. 2007..In vitro drug release studies showed no significant change during storage for up to 6 months at 25 degrees C/60% relative humidity and 40 degrees C/75% relative humidity...
- A comparative study of the effects of dimethylsulfoxide and glycerol on the bicontinuous cubic structure of hydrated monoolein and its phase behaviorSatoru Abe
Biophysics Laboratory, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Graduate School of Engineering, Gunma University, Aramaki 4 2, Maebashi 371 8510, Japan
Chem Phys Lipids 147:59-68. 2007..Glycerol shows opposite effects. The present study suggests that different mechanisms act in the cryopreservation by DMSO and glycerol...
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and temperature-modulated DSC study of three mouthguard materialsFrank H Meng
Section of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Dent Mater 23:1492-9. 2007..Employ differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and temperature-modulated DSC (TMDSC) to investigate thermal transformations in three mouthguard materials and provide insight into their previously investigated energy absorption...
- Solubility of molecular crystals: polymorphism in the light of solubility theoryP Bennema
Synthon BV, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 351:74-91. 2008..In passing a new method is introduced that allows to estimate the transition temperature of enantiotropically related polymorphs from melting temperatures and enthalpies of the polymorphs.
- High pressure differential scanning calorimetry investigations on the pressure dependence of the melting of paracetamol Polymorphs I and IIJ Ledru
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Meston Building, Meston Walk, Aberdeen AB24 3UE, UK
J Pharm Sci 96:2784-94. 2007..7 MPa and T = 489.6 K) for the first time, and confirm those predicted by Espeau et al. from a topological p-T diagram based on theoretical arguments and experimental data at ambient pressure...
- Poly(vinyl alcohol)/silica nanocomposites: morphology and thermal degradation kineticsZheng Peng
Agriculture Ministry Key Laboratory of Natural Rubber Processing, Zhanjiang 524001, China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:3934-8. 2006..However, at a given degradation temperature, the nanocomposite presents much lower reaction velocity constants (k), while its E is 20 kJ/mol higher than that of the PVA host...
- Effect of n-scCO(2) on crystalline to amorphous conversion of carbamazepineShweta Ugaonkar
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Int J Pharm 333:152-61. 2007....
- Formulation, lyophilization and solid-state properties of a pegylated proteinMitra Mosharraf
Product and Process Development, Pfizer Global Manufacturing, Pfizer, SE 112 87 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Pharm 336:215-32. 2007..Pegylation caused a shorter dissolution time, lower moisture content, increased amorphicity, and a more rapid moisture-induced crystallization of sucrose...
- Differential scanning calorimetryCharles H Spink
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York Cortland, Cortland, New York 13045, USA
Methods Cell Biol 84:115-41. 2008..The second example shows the application of DSC for the study of the unfolding of a simple hairpin oligonucleotide. Details of the data analysis are presented in a simple spreadsheet format...
- Corrosion behavior of shape memory, superelastic, and nonsuperelastic nickel-titanium-based orthodontic wires at various temperaturesDeo K Pun
Dental Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Dent Mater 24:221-7. 2008..Nickel-titanium orthodontic wires have various temperature-dependent phases. The purpose of this study was to investigate temperature-dependent corrosion characteristics of shape memory, superelastic, and nonsuperelastic orthodontic wires...
- Calorimetric unfolding of the bimolecular and i-motif complexes of the human telomere complementary strand, d(C(3)TA(2))(4)Mahima Kaushik
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Biophys Chem 126:154-64. 2007..Furthermore, the transition temperature, T(M), of the lower transition depends on strand concentration, while the T(M) of the higher transition is ..
- Interaction of cAMP receptor protein from Escherichia coli with cAMP and DNA studied by differential scanning calorimetryUrszula Błaszczyk
Department of Physical Biochemistry, Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
J Protein Chem 22:285-93. 2003..The thermal transition of the protein in CRP-DNA complexes, measured by CD, indicates that the protein stability in the complex is also DNA sequence-dependent...
- The effect of water on the glass transition of human hairF J Wortmann
DWI at RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 8, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biopolymers 81:371-5. 2006..relationship between the data is suitably described by the Fox equation, yielding for human hair a glass transition temperature of T(g) = 144 degrees C, which is substantially lower than that for wool (174 degrees C)...
- Interfacial effects on vitrification of confined glass-forming liquidsOlga Trofymluk
Thermochemistry Facility and Nanomaterials in the Environment, Agriculture and Technology Organized Research Unit, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Chem Phys 123:194509. 2005..In agreement with previous studies, where a controlled porous glass is used as a solid matrix, the glass transition temperature for o-terphenyl diminishes with decreasing pore size...
- High-Tc susceptometer to monitor transfusional iron overload (NSR device)Gary M Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Protease Operated Depot for Delivery of GLP-1Ashutosh Chilkoti; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific aims are: (1) to synthesize a library of PODs with varied ELP MW and transition temperature, number of GLP-1 repeats per oligomer, and different protease recognition sequence between the GLP-1 ..
- Image-guided Ultrasound-triggered Tumor TherapyAlexander L Klibanov; Fiscal Year: 2011..Evaluate release efficacy as a function of liposome/particle membrane composition, structure, phase transition temperature and ultrasound intensity, frequency and pulse characteristics to achieve optimal release. 2...
- Novel Polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery applicationsAnthony J McGoron; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aims: (1) Measure the physico-chemical properties (FTIR, glass transition temperature, MW, NMR and degradation) of the PGMD polymer and prepare Nps and characterize their size, shape and ..
- A Thermo-responsive Biopharmaceutical to Enhance the Tear Production of LacritinSandeep Samudre; Fiscal Year: 2013..ELPs with a transition temperature greater than 37[unreadable]C should clear quickly from the eye;however, ELPs with transition temperature ..
- Antimicrobial catheterLUIZ BARROCA DA SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2011..use of a thermochromic material which can quickly change it's absorption properties at a preselected transition temperature allows for accurate control of the peak temperature...
- Light-Triggered Drug Release in Primed Pancreatic TumorsJonathan F Lovell; Fiscal Year: 2013..The release mechanism, which involves doping porphyrin bilayers with high transition temperature lipids, is based on a novel nanoscale heating phenomenon unique to porphysomes...
- EFFECTS OF GAMMA RADIATION ON BIOMEDICAL POLYMERSCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- BASIC AND APPLIED RESEARCH ON SPERM CRYOPRESERVATIONJames Overstreet; Fiscal Year: 1992..and the hypothesis that these transitions are a source of damage during CP will be tested by comparing transition temperature (Tm) for sperm that survive CP this the Tm of sperm that do not...
- GLASS TRANSITION TEMPERATURE AND WEAR OF DENTAL RESINSJAN STANNARD; Fiscal Year: 1993..The hypothesis of this proposal is that the wear of composites are related to the glass transition temperature (Tg) of the polymer(s) used in composites; specifically wear is hypothesized to be lowest when the polymer'..
- Development of Chemical Receptors for ProteinsSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 2005..After fabrication, these liposomes (in the unpolymerized state, above the gel-transition temperature) will be allowed to interact with the protein...
- Internal Polymeric Vessel Occluder for Temporary Vascular Occlusion of the KidneyPETER MADRAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the polymer used in these preliminary experiments has a lower than optimal transition temperature for a solid organ...
- Molecularly filled composites for improved dental restorativesKATHLEEN SCHRECK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Properties of the resulting composites, including glass transition temperature, modulus, shrinkage, and mechanical strength will be measured in order to determine their ability to serve ..
- High Tc susceptometer for magnetic measure of body ironGary Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. and worldwide. ..
- WATER SORPTION OF GLASSY DENTAL POLYMERSRobert Kusy; Fiscal Year: 1990..This aim includes determination of the glass transition temperature, Tg, above which a polymer loses rigidity...
- Swellable Templated CopolymersRUDOLF SEITZ; Fiscal Year: 2006..This polymer undergoes a thermal phase transition, coming out of solution above the thermal phase transition temperature. Molecular recognition occurs above the thermal phase transition...
- EFFECTS OF PRESSURE ON MEMBRANE-COMPONENT INTERACTIONSSuzanne Scarlata; Fiscal Year: 1992..of charged vesicles under pressure will be established by monitoring the gel to liquid crystal phase transition temperature with fluorescent probes...
- LIPID PHASE TRANSITIONS AND PLATELET ACTIVATIONFern Tablin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recent work shows that AFGPs appear to stabilize platelets during chilling and storage below the phase transition temperature. The proposal seeks to better define the mechanisms involved in the cold storage lesion in platelets ..
- TOXICITY OF CHLOROPHENOLS IN MITOCHONDRIAL MEMBRANESPavel Smejtek; Fiscal Year: 1990..associated with transmembrane translocation of protons, (f) determination of changes of the gel- to-fluid transition temperature of lipid membranes as a measure of chlorophenol-induced changes of interlipid interaction, and exploration ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND PERFUSION EFFECTS IN CANCER THERAPYMark Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2009..with novel thermolabile liposomes that release contents within seconds of reaching their phase transition temperature, (3) conduct phase III trials comparing best conventional therapy q HT, (4) examine whether ..
- Image-guided Ultrasound-triggered Tumor TherapyAlexander Klibanov; Fiscal Year: 2007..Evaluate release efficacy as a function of liposome/particle membrane composition, structure, phase transition temperature and ultrasound intensity, frequency and pulse characteristics to achieve optimal release. 2...
- Nano-aggregates Improve Contraction Stress & Toughness in Dental Composite ResinsValerie Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..Plasticizers reduce the glass transition temperature (Tg) during curing such that chain mobility remains high for a longer time during the course of the ..
- ANTIATHEROGENIC ACTIONS OF OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDSPapasani Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 1990..changes we have already shown in lipoproteins modify their physicochemical characteristics (size, phase transition temperature, subpopulation distribution, fluidity), and functional properties (the LDL catabolic pathways, HDL's ..
- MEMBRANE SURFACE PRESSURE--MEASUREMENT AND SIGNIFICANCERobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 1992..Goal I will be to vary the surface pressure until monolayer and bilayer correspond with respect to phase transition temperature, 2-dimensional diffusion coefficient and partition coefficient of a hydrophobic probe...
- Novel Controlled Delivery Systems for ContraceptivesJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..temperature sensitive triblock copolymers and characterize them for critical gel concentration, gel transition temperature (i.e...
- CELLULAR THERMOSTABILITY AND THERMOTOLERANCEJAMES LEPOCK; Fiscal Year: 2001..determine the identity of the thermolabile proteins of the nuclear matrix and nuclei that denature at the transition temperature (Tm =46 C for V79 cells and 47.4 C for human A549 cells) of the critical target by thermal gel analysis...
- FEASIBILTITY OF PRECLINICAL SCALEUP OF LIPOSOMAL TNFALAN HAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..composed of DPPC, DSPC, and DSPE-PEG will be defined based on high binding to acylated TNF, high phase-transition temperature, and stability to storage under mock physiological conditions...
- IMPROVED PREVENTIVE/RESTORATIVE RESINS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Fracture toughness, conversion, water sorption and the viscoelastic properties and glass transition temperature of the polymers will be determined...
- X-RAY DIFFRACTION OF NORMAL AND PATHOLOGICAL MEMBRANESGEORGE BRADY; Fiscal Year: 1980..The work will be done on suspensions of membrane vesicles below and above the lipid transition temperature, when applicable, and the emphasis will be on the determination of the protein distribution and of the ..
- Cornea Preservation by VitrificationGREGORY FAHY; Fiscal Year: 2004..In phase III we will launch commercial products and services. ..
- Improved Renal PreservationGREGORY FAHY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ability to preserve kidneys with less damage prior to transplantation will significantly reduce the costs and risks of post-transplant dialysis, reduce rejection episodes, and increase the net organ supply. ..
- Extended Cardiac PreservationGREGORY FAHY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Should that be the case, the combination product, URS with an intermittent perfusion system, will be tested with greater priority. ..
- Regulation of Kv3.1 by MiRPs in Auditory NeuronsGEOFFREY ABBOTT; Fiscal Year: 2006..1 alpha subunits. 3. Examine the predicted effects in auditory neurons of MiRP modulation of Kv3.1, Kv3.3 and Kv3.1-Kv3.3 channels using a combination of heterologous coexpression experiments and computer simulations. ..
- Analysis of ATP7B in Screening for Wilson DiseaseSteven Dobrowolski; Fiscal Year: 2004..Prospective screening for WD improves efficacy of treatment and quality of life for affected patients. Genotyping is the best option to confirm results based upon ceruloplasmin analysis in asymptomatic patients. ..
- LCAT AND PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF PHOSPHOLIPID SPECIESPapasani Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should provide novel insights into the physiological importance of LCAT beyond its role in cholesterol esterification. ..
- ROLE OF SPHINGOMYELIN IN LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMPapasani Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide novel insights into the physiological role of this important phospholipid, and could possibly open up novel therapeutic targets against inflammation and atherosclerosis. ..
- A Novel Inhibitor of Stat3 for Prostate Cancer TherapyNaijie Jing; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Distribution of PCB AtropisomersHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term career goal is to establish Dr. Lehmler as an investigator with independent research status and funding. ..
- Micro Lock-In Amplifer for Cortisol and CatecholaminesAntonio Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..Applications to wellness, therapeutic drug monitoring, and bio or chemical exposure are envisioned using the general approach of microlock-in amplifier detection technology. ..
- FilmArray-A Closed System for Multi-Pathogen ScreeningSteven Dobrowolski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pouches are designed to assay for candidate infectious agents consistent with clinical presentation. ..
- MGB Eclipse Probe Detection of Category A OrganismsIrina Afonina; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Phase II, we will expand the number of Category A organisms and improve throughput by multiplexing. In addition, commercial prototype MGB Eclipse(TM) probe assays will be developed for each of these organisms. ..
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modular design of central metabolism in methylotrophsGregory Crowther; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CYROBIOLOGICAL PRESERVATION OF ANOPHELES EMBRYOSPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such a mutant has been isolated in a related species, Anopheles quadrimaculatus. We also propose to collaborate with the Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases at NIH in the cryopreservation of A gambiae larvae. ..
- Genotype Analysis for Diagnosis of Urea Cycle DisordersSteven Dobrowolski; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed assay panels provide a means to readily assess gene that are well established to contribute to hyperammonemia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound with Therapeutic ModalityMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are a prelude to show feasibility prior to in vivo studies. ..
- Thermo mechanical stress in cryopreserved blood vesselsYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although the experimental work in this study is targeted to blood vessels, the results of this study could be expanded and become useful for a wide variety of cryopreserved natural tissues and engineered constructs. ..
- Controlled Delivery System for NaltrexoneEMMANUEL AKALA; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SPECTROSCOPIC AND RELATED STUDIES ON LENS MEMBRANE LIPIDDouglas Borchman; Fiscal Year: 2003..An understanding of these alterations will facilitate the development of therapies to prevent or perhaps even reverse these changes. ..
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2009..A diagnostic tool that could safely and non-invasively detect tumors at an early stage, before metastasis, would be a great advance in health care. ..
- Perfluorocarbon Materials As Drug Delivery VehiclesHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Developing computerized tools for cryosurgery planningYoed Rabin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such visualization capabilities will provide surgeons with insights into the physics of cryosurgery that are difficult to obtain from physical experiments or surgical practice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Purchase of a 500 MHz Solid State NMR SpectrometerAyyalusamy Ramamoorthy; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] All the major users of the instrument are supported by NIH R01 grants. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High Toughness Textured Ceramics for Biomedical UseIsabelle Denry; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential applications include dental restorations, dental implant superstructures, and bone replacement implants. ..
- DEVELOPING A POTENT INHIBITOR OF HIV-I INTEGRASENaijie Jing; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Multidisciplinary Training Program in Human ImagingGEOFFREY CLARKE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Structure and function of antimicrobial peptidesAyyalusamy Ramamoorthy; Fiscal Year: 2008..These peptides have therapeutic potential as antibiotics and have particular importance for cystic fibrosis patients. ..
- Newborn screening for PKU and BH4 responsivenessSteven Dobrowolski; Fiscal Year: 2008..High resolution melt profiling will play a role to identify BH4 responsive PKU patients. ..
- ACS Symposium, Frontiers in Chemical ToxicologyMichael Stone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Highly respected scientists from a variety of disciplines have agreed to present their most recent findings. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..