Genomes and Genes
Summary: Analysis based on the mathematical function first formulated by Jean-Baptiste-Joseph Fourier in 1807. The function, known as the Fourier transform, describes the sinusoidal pattern of any fluctuating pattern in the physical world in terms of its amplitude and its phase. It has broad applications in biomedicine, e.g., analysis of the x-ray crystallography data pivotal in identifying the double helical nature of DNA and in analysis of other molecules, including viruses, and the modified back-projection algorithm universally used in computerized tomography imaging, etc. (From Segen, The Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Metabolomics reveals metabolic biomarkers of Crohn's diseaseJanet Jansson
Ecology Department, Division of Earth Sciences, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6386. 2009..Our data reveal novel differentiating metabolites for CD that may provide diagnostic biomarkers and/or monitoring tools as well as insight into potential targets for disease therapy and prevention...
- Ultra high-speed swept source OCT imaging of the anterior segment of human eye at 200 kHz with adjustable imaging rangeMichalina Gora
Institute of Physics, Nicolaus Copernicus University, ul Grudziadzka 5 7, PL 87 100 Torun, Poland
Opt Express 17:14880-94. 2009..Additionally, a volumetric and real time reconstruction of dynamic processes, like pupillary reaction to light stimulus or blink-induced contact lens movements are demonstrated...
- The structure of the potassium channel: molecular basis of K+ conduction and selectivityD A Doyle
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology and Biophysics and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 280:69-77. 1998..The architecture of the pore establishes the physical principles underlying selective K+ conduction...
- The contribution of gliosis to diffusion tensor anisotropy and tractography following traumatic brain injury: validation in the rat using Fourier analysis of stained tissue sectionsMatthew D Budde
Neuroscience Research Centre, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Brain 134:2248-60. 2011..We developed a method to quantify the anisotropy of stained histological sections using Fourier analysis, and applied the method to a rat controlled cortical impact model to identify the specific pathological ..
- Fourier analysis and systems identification of the p53 feedback loopNaama Geva-Zatorsky
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13550-5. 2010..It seems to be a useful way to find the in vivo design of circuits and may be applied to other systems by monitoring their power spectrum in individual cells...
- Insulin sensitivity is reflected by characteristic metabolic fingerprints--a Fourier transform mass spectrometric non-targeted metabolomics approachMarianna Lucio
Department of BioGeoChemistry and Analytics, Institute for Ecological Chemistry, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13317. 2010....
- Predicting housekeeping genes based on Fourier analysisBo Dong
Bioinformatics Laboratory, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e21012. 2011..They play an important role in the normalization of microarray technology. Using Fourier analysis we transformed gene expression time-series from a Hela cell cycle gene expression dataset into Fourier ..
- Intralesional cryosurgery enhances the involution of recalcitrant auricular keloids: a new clinical approach supported by experimental studiesYaron Har-Shai
Department of Dermatology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Wound Repair Regen 14:18-27. 2006....
- Collagen bundle morphometry in skin and scar tissue: a novel distance mapping method provides superior measurements compared to Fourier analysisPauline D H M Verhaegen
Association of Dutch Burn Centres, Beverwijk, The Netherlands
J Microsc 245:82-9. 2012..Nevertheless, in the future, both methods can be used for reliable and valid collagen morphometry of skin and scars, whereas further applications evaluating the quantitative microscopy of other fibrotic processes are anticipated...
- Real-time 4D signal processing and visualization using graphics processing unit on a regular nonlinear-k Fourier-domain OCT systemKang Zhang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Opt Express 18:11772-84. 2010..This technique is highly cost-effective and can be easily integrated into most ultrahigh speed FD-OCT systems to overcome the 3D data processing and visualization bottlenecks...
- First-in-man evaluation of intravascular optical frequency domain imaging (OFDI) of Terumo: a comparison with intravascular ultrasound and quantitative coronary angiographyTakayuki Okamura
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 6:1037-45. 2011..The Terumo-OFDI system is capable of acquiring images with high-speed automated pullback (up to 40 mm/sec) and requires only a short injection (3-4 sec) of small amount of x-ray contrast (9-16 ml)...
- Reproducibility of coronary Fourier domain optical coherence tomography: quantitative analysis of in vivo stented coronary arteries using three different software packagesTakayuki Okamura
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 6:371-9. 2010..We tested the reproducibility of in vivo, intracoronary FD OCT and assessed the influence of different computer-assisted algorithms on quantitative analysis...
- Pilot study of optical coherence tomography measurement of retinal blood flow in retinal and optic nerve diseasesYimin Wang
Doheny Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:840-5. 2011..To investigate blood flow changes in retinal and optic nerve diseases with Doppler Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- 13C isotope-labeled metabolomes allowing for improved compound annotation and relative quantification in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based metabolomic researchPatrick Giavalisco
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Anal Chem 81:6546-51. 2009....
- Optimisation of the 3D MDEFT sequence for anatomical brain imaging: technical implications at 1.5 and 3 TR Deichmann
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 21:757-67. 2004..It is shown both theoretically and experimentally that these problems can be avoided by using spin tagging and fat saturation...
- Spectral Repeat Finder (SRF): identification of repetitive sequences using Fourier transformationDeepak Sharma
Department of Biotechnology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Bioinformatics 20:1405-12. 2004..A major difficulty in identification of repeats arises from the fact that the repeat units can be either exact or imperfect, in tandem or dispersed, and of unspecified length...
- Fourier-domain low-coherence interferometry for light-scattering spectroscopyAdam Wax
Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Fitzpatrick Center for Photonics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Opt Lett 28:1230-2. 2003..Application of the technique to probing the size of cell nuclei in living epithelial tissues is discussed...
- Frequency domain algorithm for quantifying atrial fibrillation organization to increase defibrillation efficacyT H Everett
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 48:969-78. 2001..8 for a 1-s window, and improved to 0.9 for a 4-s window. We conclude that the spectrum of an AF signal contains information relating to its organization, and can be used in predicting a successful defibrillation...
- Presence of left-to-right atrial frequency gradient in paroxysmal but not persistent atrial fibrillation in humansSorin Lazar
Electrophysiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Circulation 110:3181-6. 2004..We hypothesized that human AF would also manifest a left-to-right atrial frequency gradient...
- RR interval dynamics before atrial fibrillation in patients after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryC W Hogue
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circulation 98:429-34. 1998..Because nonlinear methods of HRV analysis provide information about heart rate dynamics not evident from usual HRV measures, we also hypothesized that approximate entropy (ApEn), a nonlinear measure of HRV, might have predictive value...
- REPETITA: detection and discrimination of the periodicity of protein solenoid repeats by discrete Fourier transformLuca Marsella
CECAM, Lyon, France
Bioinformatics 25:i289-95. 2009....
- Classification and 3D averaging with missing wedge correction in biological electron tomographyA Bartesaghi
Center for Cancer Research, National Institutes of Health, Building 50, Room 4306, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Struct Biol 162:436-50. 2008....
- Predicting the distribution of tsetse flies in West Africa using temporal Fourier processed meteorological satellite dataD J Rogers
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 90:225-41. 1996..Refinements of the analytical technique and the problems of extending the predictions through space and time are discussed...
- Power vectors: an application of Fourier analysis to the description and statistical analysis of refractive errorL N Thibos
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Optom Vis Sci 74:367-75. 1997The description of sphero-cylinder lenses is approached from the viewpoint of Fourier analysis of the power profile...
- Electron tomography, three-dimensional Fourier analysis and colour prediction of a three-dimensional amorphous biophotonic nanostructureMatthew D Shawkey
Department of Biology and Integrated Bioscience Program, University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325 3908, USA
J R Soc Interface 6:S213-20. 2009..Tomography and three-dimensional Fourier analysis reveal that it is an amorphous, interconnected bicontinuous matrix that is appropriately ordered at local ..
- Collagen morphology in human skin and scar tissue: no adaptations in response to mechanical loading at jointsPaul P M van Zuijlen
Burn Centre and Department of Surgery, Red Cross Hospital, Vondellaan 13, 1942 LE Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Burns 29:423-31. 2003..Scar tissue and normal skin were biopsied from joints and control areas and evaluated by the Fourier analysis. Collagen orientation was represented by an index ranging from 0 (perfectly random) to 1 (perfectly parallel)...
- Definition and estimation of resolution in single-particle reconstructionsHstau Y Liao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Structure 18:768-75. 2010..Finally, the drawbacks of resolution estimation are entirely avoided by computing the correlation of neighboring voxels in the Fourier domain...
- The vibrations of textureSliman J BensmaIa
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Somatosens Mot Res 20:33-43. 2003..On the other hand, the effects of speed on roughness match those of speed on power. We propose that the roughness of a fine surface (spatial period<200 microm) is a function of the Pacinian-weighted power of the vibrations it elicits...
- Adaptive estimation of EEG for subject-specific reactive band identification and improved ERD detectionYubo Wang
College of IT Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 528:137-42. 2012..Study conducted with 8 subjects drawn from BCI Competition IV data set show a 22% increase in ERD and 10% improvement in classification with the proposed method compared to standard ERD based classification...
- Time-frequency analysis of movement-related spectral power in EEG during repetitive movements: a comparison of methodsDavid P Allen
Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 645 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Neurosci Methods 186:107-15. 2010....
- Spatial-frequency and contrast properties of crowdingS T Chung
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Vision Res 41:1833-50. 2001....
- Progression of keratoconus assessed by fourier analysis of videokeratography dataTetsuro Oshika
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ophthalmology 109:339-42. 2002..To quantitatively document changes in corneal refractive parameters in relation to the progression of keratoconus over years...
- Non-uniform frequency domain for optimal exploitation of non-uniform samplingKrzysztof Kazimierczuk
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 1, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Magn Reson 205:286-92. 2010..COSY multiplets. Spectral data acquired with the use of proposed techniques allow easy assignment of protein backbone resonances and precise determination of coupling constants...
- Bidirectional Doppler Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography for measurement of absolute flow velocities in human retinal vesselsRené M Werkmeister
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Opt Lett 33:2967-9. 2008..We demonstrate that bidirectional color Doppler optical coherence tomography allows for the measurement of absolute blood flow values in vivo in human retinal vessels...
- Magnetic flux density reconstruction using interleaved partial Fourier acquisitions in MREITHee Myung Park
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Konkuk University, Korea
Phys Med Biol 56:2059-73. 2011....
- Rapid visual categorization of natural scene contexts with equalized amplitude spectrum and increasing phase noiseOlivier R Joubert
Centre de Recherche Cerveau et Cognition, Universite de Toulouse, UPS, France
J Vis 9:2.1-16. 2009..This two-phase strategy could maximize categorization performance if the diagnostic features of man-made environments tolerate higher levels of noise than natural features, as proposed recently...
- Do's and don'ts in Fourier analysis of steady-state potentialsM Bach
Elektrophysiologisches Labor, Universitats Augenklinik, Freiburg, Germany
Doc Ophthalmol 99:69-82. 1999b>Fourier analysis is a powerful tool in signal analysis that can be very fruitfully applied to steady-state evoked potentials (flicker ERG, pattern ERG, VEP, etc.)...
- Fractal-like image statistics in visual art: similarity to natural scenesChristoph Redies
Institute of Anatomy I, School of Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Spat Vis 21:137-48. 2007....
- Frequency domain and time complex analyses manifest low correlation and temporal variability when calculating activation rates in atrial fibrillation patientsAngelo B Biviano
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:540-8. 2011..We report: (1) their correlation when measuring AF activation rates, (2) comparisons of recording durations required to minimize variability, and (3) differences in the temporal reproducibility...
- High-throughput subtomogram alignment and classification by Fourier space constrained fast volumetric matchingMin Xu
Program in Molecular and Computational Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Struct Biol 178:152-64. 2012..As a proof of principle, we can demonstrate that the automatic method can successfully classify a large number of experimental subtomograms without the need of a reference structure...
- Ultra-high-speed volumetric tomography of human retinal blood flowTilman Schmoll
Center of Biomedial Engineering and Physics, Medical University Vienna, Waehringerstrasse 13, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Opt Express 17:4166-76. 2009..Experimental data of 3D static DFDOCT sets from fovea and nerve head region are shown together with first 4D imaging of retinal capillary flow...
- Sparsity based sub-wavelength imaging with partially incoherent light via quadratic compressed sensingYoav Shechtman
Department of Control Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
Opt Express 19:14807-22. 2011..Specifically for microscopy, this method can be readily extended to white light microscopes with the additional knowledge of the light source spectrum...
- Robust spectral analysis of videocapsule images acquired from celiac disease patientsEdward J Ciaccio
Department of Medicine Celiac Disease Center, Columbia University, New York, USA
Biomed Eng Online 10:78. 2011..Longer periodicity is related to greater image texture at areas of villous atrophy in celiac disease. However, extraneous features and spatiotemporal phase shift may mask DF rhythms...
- Electron-induced dissociation of glycosaminoglycan tetrasaccharidesJeremy J Wolff
Department of Chemistry, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 19:1449-58. 2008..These data suggest that for EDD, electron detachment plays a significant role in distinguishing glucuronic acid from iduronic acid...
- The handaxe reloaded: a morphometric reassessment of Acheulian and Middle Paleolithic handaxesRadu Iovita
Forschungsbereich Altsteinzeit, Römisch Germanisches Zentralmuseum Mainz, Schloß Monrepos, D 56567 Neuwied, Germany
J Hum Evol 61:61-74. 2011..Both standard caliper-based morphometrics and Elliptical Fourier Analysis applied to coordinate data taken from digitized images of handaxes are used to assess shape...
- Accelerating and focusing protein-protein docking correlations using multi-dimensional rotational FFT generating functionsDavid W Ritchie
Department of Computing Science, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Bioinformatics 24:1865-73. 2008..Hence there is a need to develop more powerful and more versatile FFT docking techniques...
- Fluorescence photobleaching with spatial Fourier analysis: measurement of diffusion in light-scattering mediaD A Berk
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114
Biophys J 65:2428-36. 1993A new method for the measurement of diffusion in thick samples is introduced, based upon the spatial Fourier analysis of Tsay and Jacobson (Biophys. J...
- On computing dominant frequency from bipolar intracardiac electrogramsGerald Fischer
University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology UMIT, Hall in Tyrol 6060, Austria
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:165-9. 2007..It is the focus of this paper to provide this background by a Fourier analysis. We demonstrate that it is mainly the timing of the narrow deflections (local activation at the catheter tip) ..
- Technical considerations for dominant frequency analysisJason Ng
Bluhm Cardiovascular Center and the Division of Cardiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:757-64. 2007..The aim of this study was to explore technical issues that may affect the estimation of local activation rate during AF using DF analysis...
- Imaging mass spectrometry: hype or hope?Ron M A Heeren
FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:1006-14. 2009....
- Evidence that localized variation in primate sequence divergence arises from an influence of nucleosome placement on DNA repairHua Ying
John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Mol Biol Evol 27:637-49. 2010..Our results support a role for differential DNA repair rates between open and closed chromatin in the spatial distribution of rate heterogeneity...
- Novel method to quantify loss of heart rate variability in pediatric multiple organ failureShane M Tibby
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Crit Care Med 31:2059-67. 2003..To develop a power-law model for measurement of heart rate variability (HRV) and to compare this model with established methods for measuring HRV in a group of children with organ failure (OF)...
- Comparison of STFT and wavelet transform methods in determining epileptic seizure activity in EEG signals for real-time applicationM Kemal Kiymik
Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, 46100 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Comput Biol Med 35:603-16. 2005..However, the CWT still had good resolution and performance high enough for use in clinical and research settings...
- Drift-free position estimation of periodic or quasi-periodic motion using inertial sensorsWin Tun Latt
Hamlyn Centre for Robotic Surgery, and Department of Computing, Imperial College London, London, UK
Sensors (Basel) 11:5931-51. 2011..Results demonstrate that the performance of the proposed method outperforms the existing analytical integration method...
- Narrow peaks and high dimensionalities: exploiting the advantages of random samplingKrzysztof Kazimierczuk
Department of Chemistry, University of Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
J Magn Reson 197:219-28. 2009..We present the example of such approach, referred to as Sparse Multidimensional Fourier Transform...
- Left atrial dilatation resulting from chronic mitral regurgitation decreases spatiotemporal organization of atrial fibrillation in left atriumThomas H Everett
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Division of Cardiology, University of California San Francisco, 500 Parnassus Avenue, MU East 4, San Francisco, CA 94143 1354, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2452-60. 2004..In addition, there was a decrease in OI and in the correlation coefficients in the LA of the MR model. These results suggest that the AF substrate in the MR model may be different from that of control or RAP models...
- Stable microreentrant sources as a mechanism of atrial fibrillation in the isolated sheep heartR Mandapati
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Circulation 101:194-9. 2000..Our objective was to use a combination of optical and bipolar electrode recordings to identify sites of periodic activity during AF and elucidate their mechanism...
- An accurate mass tag strategy for quantitative and high-throughput proteome measurementsRichard D Smith
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Proteomics 2:513-23. 2002..Using this strategy, in our first application we have been able to identify AMTs for >60% of the potentially expressed proteins in the organism Deinococcus radiodurans...
- Epicardial mapping of chronic atrial fibrillation in patients: preliminary observationsJayakumar Sahadevan
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, The Louis B Stokes Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Circulation 110:3293-9. 2004....
- Comparison of detrending methods for optimal fMRI preprocessingJody Tanabe
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Neuroimage 15:902-7. 2002..However, auto-detrending (selecting the best algorithm or none, if detrending is not useful) appears to be the most judicious choice, particularly for analyzing fMRI data with weak activations in the presence of baseline drift...
- Fourier analysis of induced irregular astigmatism. Photorefractive keratectomy versus laser in situ keratomileusis in a bilateral cohort of hyperopic patientsAndrea Sciscio
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, England, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1709-17. 2003To analyze corneal topographic data by Fourier analysis to determine differences in irregular astigmatism following spherical hyperopic correction by photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) or laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK).
- Scaling behaviour of heartbeat intervals obtained by wavelet-based time-series analysisP C Ivanov
Center for Polymer Studies, Boston University, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 383:323-7. 1996..The approach introduced here should be useful in the analysis of other nonstationary biological signals...
- Label-free protein quantification using LC-coupled ion trap or FT mass spectrometry: Reproducibility, linearity, and application with complex proteomesGuanghui Wang
Proteomics Core Facility, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Proteome Res 5:1214-23. 2006..The utility of this method to biomarker discovery is likely to synergize with future improvements in the detecting sensitivity of mass spectrometers...
- Identification of SYWKQCAFNAVSCFamide: a broadly conserved crustacean C-type allatostatin-like peptide with both neuromodulatory and cardioactive propertiesPatsy S Dickinson
Department of Biology, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
J Exp Biol 212:1140-52. 2009..In H. americanus, SYWKQCAFNAVSCFamide is capable of modulating the output of both the pyloric circuit of the stomatogastric nervous system and the heart. This is the first demonstration of bioactivity for this peptide in any species...
- Spectral analysis of ventricular fibrillation and closed-chest cardiopulmonary resuscitationH U Strohmenger
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
Resuscitation 33:155-61. 1996..In this model after elimination of oscillations due to mechanical CPR, median fibrillation frequency best reflects the probability of resuscitation success...
- Traction fields, moments, and strain energy that cells exert on their surroundingsJames P Butler
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C595-605. 2002..Finally, we give explicit formulas for reducing the traction and displacement fields to contraction moments, the orientation of the principal axes of traction, and the strain energy imparted by the cell to the substrate...
- Exploring artificial cranial deformation using elliptic Fourier analysis of Procrustes aligned outlinesMartin Friess
New York Consortium in Evolutionary Primatology, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY 10024, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 122:11-22. 2003..The present study compares samples of intentionally deformed and undeformed human crania, using elliptic Fourier analysis (EFA), a morphometric approach which has been shown to be particularly appropriate for characterizing the ..
- Varieties of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder-related intra-individual variabilityF Xavier Castellanos
Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, New York University, Child Study Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1416-23. 2005..These results highlight the importance of retaining time-series data and quantitatively examining intra-subject measures of variability as a putative endophenotype for ADHD...
- Analysis of E. coli K5 capsular polysaccharide heparosanMellisa Ly
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 Eight Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 399:737-45. 2011..Unbleached and bleached heparosan produced by fermentation of E. coli K5 had similar number-averaged MWs (M(N)), weight-averaged MWs (M(W)), and MW ranges of 3,000 to 150,000 Da...
- Understanding and interpreting dominant frequency analysis of AF electrogramsJason Ng
Bluhm Cardiovascular Center and the Division of Cardiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:680-5. 2007..This will in turn allow the strengths and limitations of dominant frequency analysis to be better understood and improve its applicability to potential clinical usages...
- Automated ambient desorption-ionization platform for surface imaging integrated with a commercial Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometerJaroslav Pól
Laboratory of Molecular Structure Characterization, Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, CZ 142 20 Prague, Czech Republic
Anal Chem 81:8479-87. 2009..It showed promise in imaging of phytocompounds from plant leaves, and selective ionization of a sterol lipid was achieved by DAPPI from a brain tissue sample...
- Morphometry of dermal collagen orientation by Fourier analysis is superior to multi-observer assessmentPaul P M van Zuijlen
Burns Centre, Red Cross Hospital, Beverwijk, The Netherlands
J Pathol 198:284-91. 2002..The hypothesis on which this study is based is that an objective image analysis technique, Fourier analysis, would improve the reliability (are the measurements reproducible?) and the accuracy (does the method measure ..
- Fourier analysis of optical coherence tomography and scanning laser polarimetry retinal nerve fiber layer measurements in the diagnosis of glaucomaEdward A Essock
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:1238-45. 2003..To evaluate a new Fourier-based analysis method for diagnosing glaucoma using retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness estimates obtained from the optical coherence tomograph (OCT) (OCT 2000) and the scanning laser polarimeter (GDx)...
- Optimized grid-based protein-protein docking as a global search tool followed by incorporating experimentally derivable restraintsWei Huang
School of Life Sciences and Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China USTC, Hefei, Anhui 230027, People s Republic of China
Proteins 80:691-702. 2012....
- Clustering of change patterns using Fourier coefficientsJaehee Kim
Department of Statistics, Duksung Women s University, Seoul National University, Seoul, S Korea
Bioinformatics 24:184-91. 2008..In addition, as their limiting distribution is a multivariate normal, a model-based clustering method incorporating statistical properties would be appropriate...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance assessment of dyssynchrony and myocardial scar predicts function class improvement following cardiac resynchronization therapyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:561-8. 2008....
- Description of joint movements in human and non-human primate locomotion using Fourier analysisDavid Webb
Department of Anthropology and Sociology, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA 19530, USA
Primates 48:277-92. 2007To describe and help interpret joint movements in various forms of primate locomotion, we explored the use of Fourier analysis to represent changing joint angles as a series of sine and cosine curves added together to approximate the raw ..
- Fourier analysis of STimulated echoes (FAST) for the quantitative analysis of left ventricular twistMeral Reyhan
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 35:587-93. 2012..To validate a novel method for the rapid and facile quantification of left ventricular (LV) twist from tagged magnetic resonance images and demonstrate the potential clinical utility in a series of 20 healthy volunteers...
- Assessment of global atrial fibrillation organization to optimize timing of atrial defibrillationT H Everett
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Circulation 103:2857-61. 2001..5. CONCLUSIONS: AF signals show a high degree of variability. Shock efficacy is increased when shocks are delivered during periods of high AF organization as determined by the OI method...
- OMWSA: detection of DNA repeats using moving window spectral analysisLiping Du
Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Bioinformatics 23:631-3. 2007..AVAILABILITY: Available on http://www.hy8.com/~tec/sw01/omwsa01.zip. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online...
- Quantitative assessment of systolic and diastolic left ventricular twist using Fourier Analysis of Stimulated echoes (FAST) and CSPAMMMeral Reyhan
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 7206, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 37:678-83. 2013To evaluate Fourier Analysis of Stimulated echoes (FAST) and CSPAMM for the quantification of left ventricular (LV) systolic and diastolic function and compare it with the previously validated FAST+SPAMM technique.
- Fourier analysis of intracranial aneurysms: towards an objective and quantitative evaluation of the shape of aneurysmsStefan Rohde
Institut für Neuroradiologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuroradiology 47:121-6. 2005..To quantify morphological differences, Fourier analysis of the shape of intracranial aneurysms was introduced...
- A fourier analysis of the dose grid resolution required for accurate IMRT fluence map optimizationJames F Dempsey
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0385, USA
Med Phys 32:380-8. 2005..An information theory based Fourier analysis of the accuracy of discrete representations of three-dimensional dose distributions is presented...
- F2Dock: fast Fourier protein-protein dockingChandrajit Bajaj
Computational Visualization Center, Department of Computer Sciences and the Institute of Computational Engineering and Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station C0500, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform 8:45-58. 2011....
- A new transform for the analysis of complex fractionated atrial electrogramsEdward J Ciaccio
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Columbia University, USA
Biomed Eng Online 10:35. 2011Representation of independent biophysical sources using Fourier analysis can be inefficient because the basis is sinusoidal and general...
- Low-frequency Fourier analysis of speech rhythmSam Tilsen
J Acoust Soc Am 124:EL34-9. 2008A method for studying speech rhythm is presented, using Fourier analysis of the amplitude envelope of bandpass-filtered speech...
- Optical clearing for improved contrast in second harmonic generation imaging of skeletal muscleSergey Plotnikov
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Biophys J 90:328-39. 2006..SHG and optical clearing may provide an ideal mechanism to study physiology in highly scattering skeletal or cardiac muscle tissue with significantly improved depth of penetration and achievable imaging depth...
- Discrete Fourier analysis of ultrasound RF time series for detection of prostate cancerM Moradi
School of Computing, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6, Canada
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:1339-42. 2007..03 cm2. Based on pathology results used as gold standard, we have acquired mean accuracy of 91%, mean sensitivity of 92% and mean specificity of 90% on seven human prostates...
- Measurement of total blood flow in the normal human retina using Doppler Fourier-domain optical coherence tomographyY Wang
Center for Ophthalmic Optics and Lasers, Doheny Eye Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:634-7. 2009..To measure total retinal blood flow in normal human eyes using Doppler Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography (FD-OCT)...
- Adaptive cyclic physiologic noise modeling and correction in functional MRIErik B Beall
Imaging Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave U15, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Neurosci Methods 187:216-28. 2010..Our results demonstrate a significant improvement in the sensitivity of fMRI (up to a 17% increase in activation volume for fMRI compared with higher order traditional noise correction) and functional connectivity analyses...
- Identification of sites of ubiquitination in proteins: a fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry approachHelen J Cooper
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Anal Chem 76:6982-8. 2004..Assignments were confirmed by AI ECD or IRMPD. The Gly-Gly modification is stable and both tandem mass spectrometric techniques are suitable, providing extensive sequence coverage and retention of the modification on backbone fragments...
- Synthetic aperture fourier holographic optical microscopySergey A Alexandrov
Optical Biomedical Engineering Laboratory, School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
Phys Rev Lett 97:168102. 2006....
- Fourier analysis reveals increased trabecular spacing in sickle cell anemiaT D Faber
Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
J Dent Res 81:214-8. 2002Sickle cell anemia may expand marrow spaces in the jaws. Fourier analysis is well-suited to the analysis of trabecular spacing in radiographs...
- GPU.proton.DOCK: Genuine Protein Ultrafast proton equilibria consistent DOCKingAlexander A Kantardjiev
Biophysical Chemistry Group, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, and Department of Physics, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Nucleic Acids Res 39:W223-8. 2011..The output is comprised of docked complexes in PDB format as well as interactive visualization in a molecular viewer. GPU.proton.DOCK server can be accessed at http://gpudock.orgchm.bas.bg/...
- Improved frequency resolution for characterization of complex fractionated atrial electrogramsEdward J Ciaccio
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Biomed Eng Online 11:17. 2012..Herein the spectral resolution of a recently described and relatively new spectral estimation technique is compared to the Fourier radix-2 implementation...
- In vitro validation of new Fourier-domain optical coherence tomographySatoko Tahara
Harrington McLaughlin Heart and Vascular Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5038, USA
EuroIntervention 6:875-82. 2011..To validate the accuracy and evaluate the intra- and inter-observer variability of vascular measurements using novel Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography (FD-OCT) versus intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) in a coronary phantom model...
- Dynamic PET reconstruction using wavelet regularization with adapted basis functionsJeroen Verhaeghe
Department of Electronics and Information Systems, MEDISIP, Ghent University IBBT IBiTech, De Pintelaan 185 block B, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:943-59. 2008....
- Generic real-time uniform K-space sampling method for high-speed swept-source optical coherence tomographyJiefeng Xi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Opt Express 18:9511-7. 2010..Real-time imaging of biological tissues using such a system was demonstrated with a measured axial resolution of 9.3 mum and detection sensitivity greater than 120dB...
- Frequency analysis of atrial fibrillation surface and intracardiac electrograms during pulmonary vein isolationInaki Romero
Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt, Berlin, Germany
Europace 13:1340-5. 2011..This work explores the fibrillatory frequency properties of both surface and intracardiac electrograms before and after pulmonary vein isolation (PVI) using three time-frequency techniques...
- Use of fast fourier transform analysis of atrial electrograms for rapid characterization of atrial activation-implications for delineating possible mechanisms of atrial tachyarrhythmiasKyungmoo Ryu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:198-206. 2006....
- Elliptical fourier analysis of symphyseal shape in great ape mandiblesD J Daegling
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, California College of Podiatric Medicine, 1210 Scott Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Hum Evol 39:107-22. 2000..In this study, a type of Fourier analysis is applied to cross-sectional contours of ape mandibles in order to provide a mathematical accounting of ..
- Mechanics of Inner Ear Hair BundlesKIRIAKI DOMENICA KARAVITAKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The motion will be observed using a two photon microscope and DIC optics and quantified by applying Fourier analysis on the captured images...
- Placental shape features, gestational timing and maternal and infant healthCarolyn M Salafia; Fiscal Year: 2011..proposes to optimize models of whole placental shape based on well-established methodologies in mathematics (Fourier analysis) and physics (statistical thermodynamics) that are based on data derived from digital images of the placental ..
- FIBER CELL JUNCTIONS IN NORMAL AND CATARACTOUS LENSESM Joseph Costello; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Fourier analysis was used to relate the amount of texturing to the observed opacification of the nucleus...
- IMMUNOGLOBULINS IN MULTIPLE MYELOMA & AMYLOIDOSISAllen Edmundson; Fiscal Year: 1993..The detailed modes of binding of these ligands will continue to be determined by difference Fourier analysis at 2.7-A resolution, in combination with interactive computer graphics...
- A NEW METHOD FOR ANALYSIS OF CORONARY ARTERY BEHAVIORThomas Williams; Fiscal Year: 1980It is the objective of this study to test the usefulness of a rigorous analytical technique (Fourier Analysis) for the characterization of the physical state of the coronary arterial bed...
- Quantifying Left Ventricular Ejection EffectivenessMichael Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..a novel application of the assessment of LV ejection efficiency combining regional phase angle analysis with Fourier analysis of both phase angle and amplitude dispersion from echocardiographic data...
- Surgical Monitor for Detection of Spinal Cord InjuryANANTH NATARAJAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In our Phase I effort, we will use adaptive Fourier analysis of SSEPs to evaluate parametric changes in the signal, and correlate the results with injury...
- ANALYSIS OF FLICKER RETINAL ACTION POTENTIALSROBERT DE VOE; Fiscal Year: 1990..motion detection better, the periodic responses elicited by these sequential stimuli will be compared, using Fourier analysis, with flicker responses to simultaneous periodic stimuli...
- INTRAORAL PRESSURE VARIATIONS--THE PALATAL MICROPHONEJOHN SEIKEL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Static estimation of tract resonances will be made through Fourier analysis, with resonant peaks identified and graphically represented in spatiotopic order...
- TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPE--PHILIPS CM120M Costello; Fiscal Year: 1999..resolution bottom mount CCD digital camera accessory would permit collection of digitized images for on-line Fourier analysis, computerized tomography, automatic montaging, low/minimum dose imaging and production of publication quality ..
- FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION OF VISUAL MECHANISMSD Snodderly; Fiscal Year: 1980..Contrast sensitivities will be determined using sinusoidal grating patterns and Fourier analysis. Effects of mean luminance level and temporal transients will be investigated...
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- Resolution requirements for mammographic displaysEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will be used to formulate recommendations to the breast imaging community concerning display resolution criteria for safe and optimized soft-copy display of digital mammograms. ..
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- Mathematical and Statistical Models for NucleosomeJi Ping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..5) Automate the developed tools and algorithms. ..
- Multi-Resolution Corneal Topography (MRCT)EDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2006..research grant ..
- Scanning Ocular Aberration Measurement (SAM) SystemEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the ability to measure these aberrations dynamically while the eye is changing focus from a distant to a near object will be provided. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- National Assessment of the Mortality and Morbidity Effects of Tropospheric OzoneMichelle L Bell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this work is to provide policy-makers, scientists, and the public with a better understanding of how ozone affects health in order to aid more effective decisions regarding protection of human health. ..
- LOCALIZATION OF SOUND BY HUMAN LISTENERSWilliam Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Real-Time MRI and 3D Modeling: Development and Application to Patellofemoral PainGARRY GOLD; Fiscal Year: 2008..The novel imaging and biomechanical modeling techniques developed in this research will be used to improve the diagnosis and treatment of a range of musculoskeletal disorders. ..
- EPR Sample-cell-Resonator Design and ConstructionJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2008..Work proposed here will improve the quality of data obtained in these experiments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Visual Dysfunction in Retinal DegenerationsKenneth R Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- LOOP GAP RESONATOR COILS FOR MRI AND 31P SPECTROSCOPYJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2001..The research proposed here is in support of these four streams of fMRI research. ..
- Subjective Refraction by Meridional Power MatchingEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Technological Innovation: Providing an accurate, low-cost, low-maintenance refractor that can be easily transported and used in hostile environments. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMEDICAL ESR INSTRUMENTATIONJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator asserts that only on such a foundation can a rational approach to improved human health be based. ..
- BROADBAND EPR SPECTROMETER WITH DIGITAL SUBSAMPLINGJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is the only method that can detect the formation of free radicals in biology unambiguously. It contributes to health-related research at the basic fundamental level. ..
- 3T Whole-Body MRI Scanner for Functional ImagingJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will have no clinical fee-for-service usage. The fMRI group at MCW is superbly positioned to provide leadership at a national level in the use of fMRI in medicine. ..
- BROADBAND EPR SPECTROMETER WITH DIGITAL SUBSAMPLINGJames Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is the only method that can detect the formation of free radicals in biology unambiguously. It contributes to health-related research at the basic fundamental level. ..
- Breast Cancer Imaging Using a Solid-State SPECT CameraG Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- In vivo Thermoacoustic Imaging of HER2 StatusRobert Kruger; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Determine the minimum detectable concentration of IRIS Green One dye that can be detected within a 1.2-mm diameter tube in a breast-tissue mimicking phantom. ..
- Neurobehavioral Consequences of Adolescent AlcoholCindy Ehlers; Fiscal Year: 2008..AIM 3: To investigate the neurochemical substrates underlying the lasting neurobehavioral consequences of adolescent ethanol exposure, with a focus on NMDA systems ..
- INTERACTIONS BETWEEN PERCEPTUAL AND CONCEPTUAL LEARNINGRobert Goldstone; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPTICAL TOMOGRAPHY FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF JOINT DISEASESANDREAS HIELSCHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this proposal is to lay the groundwork for a clinical viable joint imager that can be used in a phase II clinical trial in i subsequent studies. ..
- Ultra High Field (16.4 Tesla) Animal MRI/MRS SystemMichael Garwood; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurobehavioral Control of Body Fluid Balance in MouseAlan Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..heat) challenges. These studies will be especially important for understanding mechanisms underlying pathological conditions such as hypertension and congestive heart failure where excess thirst and sodium intake have been documented. ..
- Structural Mapping of Protein Complexes by Hydrogen/Deuterium ExchangeAlan Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project is multidisiplinary and pulls together several distinguished collaborators with focused research projects that will benefit directly from H/D exchange with high-resolution mass analysis. ..
- PROTEIN STRUCTURE BY ANALYSIS OF SPIN LABEL INTERACTIONSERIC HUSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPTICAL AND RETINAL LIMITS TO HUMAN VISUAL PERFORMANCELarry N Thibos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 6. Develop a new concept of wavefront tomography to characterize the 3-dimensional structure of the eye's optical system from a series of wavefront measurements along multiple lines-of-sight. ..
- Conference: Diffraction Methods in Structural BiologyMichael Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Junior participation will be encouraged with a new policy of 3 mini-talks each day invited from the poster-presentations by the day's session chairs. ..
- Hierarchical Methods for Large BioMolecular ComplexesChandrajit L Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2010..AIM 4: To implement, test, package and freely distribute our structural feature determination and fast search/fitting techniques. ..
- Protein Structure by EPR Distance Determination and Molecular ModelingERIC HUSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..In general, the tools developed in this proposal will be applicable to a wide range of SDSL studies of protein structure, assembly, and functional dynamics in laboratories worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image Reconstruction with Solid Srate SPECRLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Parabrachial 5-HT in Thirst and Salt AppetiteAlan Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., hypertension; congestive heart failure; renal disease). ..
- Decoupling of Principal Renal Autoregulatory MechanismsKi Chon; Fiscal Year: 2005..By exercising this model, as described under Specific Aim (5), we plan to begin understanding the underlying reasons for the changes observed in autoregulation under pathological conditions. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR ALCOHOLISM IN NATIVE AMERICANSCindy Ehlers; Fiscal Year: 2006..The identification of such variables may potentially be useful in the development of specific prevention and treatment programs for this population as well as other Native American tribes. ..
- WORKING MEMORY IN OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA-AN fMRI STUDYRobert Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Sensory Processing Deficits in Cannabis UsePATRICK SKOSNIK; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, this data may serve to elucidate whether the known cognitive dysfunction observed in cannabis use is in part related to disturbances in early sensory information processing and/or neural synchronization. ..
- CT DEVICE FOR MICROIMAGING OF TISSUE SPECIMENS IN VIVOFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Bracing and Strengthening Exercises on Posterior Tibial Tendon DysfunctJeff Houck; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. infection) there is a clear benefit to the individual and society. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enhancing Duke University's Animal ResourcesJohn Norton; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PHASE RESETTING AND SENSORY INHIBITION IN THE CNSNashaat Boutros; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Long-range processing in dorsal-occipital cortexChristopher Tyler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The final project will introduce a clinical component, quantifying symmetry-blindness in neurological patients with relevant lesions, together with comparison studies in matched controls. ..
- TRANSITION TO NIPPLE FEEDING FOR PRETERM INFANTSGail McCain; Fiscal Year: 2008..Parental reports about their infants' feeding problems at 3 months post hospital discharge will be content analyzed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI-Compatible Diffuse Optical Tomography SystemANDREAS HIELSCHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..This comparison will quantify the advantages and disadvantages of these different optical imaging modalities. ..
- Simultaneous MEG and ULF MRI for Functional ImagingRobert Kraus; Fiscal Year: 2009..ULF-MRI that may lead to direct imaging of neural activity, even with modest temporal resolution, can be used to constrain the simultaneously acquired MEG signal, providing millisecond or better temporal resolution. ..
- Shear-mode Transcranial Ultrasound ImagingGregory Clement; Fiscal Year: 2005..It could potentially offer a non-ionizing imaging method that could in operate clinically, while introducing a new technique into medical and biological imaging. ..
- Structure of the Human Cortical Depth MapChristopher Tyler; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mapping results will be validated by functional studies of the susceptibility of each cortical area to depth variations and of the time course depth adaptation, and also for insensitivity to contrast variations. ..
- Signal processing software for biomolecular NMRJeffrey Hoch; Fiscal Year: 2008..The application of modern spectrum analysis in biomolecular NMR will enable the full potential of modern magnets, probes, and pulse sequences to be realized for solving challenging problems in structural biology. ..
- Experimental Analysis of Advanced Radiotherapy DosimetryJAMES DEMPSEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this work will provide a paradigm for closing the loop between the clinical treatment planning system and the MLC IMRT delivery system. ..
- Visual Processing in Schizophrenia and SPDBRIAN O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings may identify neurobehavioral deficits common to SZ and SPD, as well as features which differentiate these disorders. ..
- Human Brain Metabolism in KetosisJullie Pan; Fiscal Year: 2004..We anticipate that these data will contribute towards better understanding of themechanism of seizure control by theketogenic diet. ..
- BIOPHYSICAL STUDY OF ANTIPSYCHOTICS BEHAVIORAL EFFECTSStephen Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will improve our understanding of the pharmacological basis of dopamine related behaviors and assist in the discovery of improved antipsychotic medications. ..