- Production, purification and characterization of intracellular alanylaminopeptidase of Pseudomonas sp
Department of Biochemistry, Warsaw Agricultural University, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 46:515-8. 2001
..When purified to homogeneity, the enzyme was shown to be a monomeric protein with a molar mass of 65 kDa; it showed a maximum activity at pH 7.5 and 45 degrees C...
- Characterization of a bacteriocin produced by Prevotella nigrescens ATCC 25261
Department of Stomatology, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Lett Appl Microbiol 39:451-8. 2004
..To characterize the antimicrobial activity produced by Prevotella nigrescens ATCC 25261, and to evaluate its safety on cultured gingival fibroblasts...
- Purification of glutathione reductase from chicken liver and investigation of kinetic properties
Biotechnology Application and Research Center, Ataturk University, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 125:127-38. 2005
..0, 7.4, 0.75 M Tris-HCl buffer including 1 mM EDTA, and 50 degrees C, respectively. KM and Vmax values for NADPH and glutathione disulfide (GSSG) substrates were also determined for the enzyme...
- Purification, characterization and kinetic properties of the multifunctional thioredoxin-glutathione reductase from Taenia crassiceps metacestode (cysticerci)
Juan L Rendón
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apartado Postal 70 159, Mexico 04510, D F, Mexico
Mol Biochem Parasitol 133:61-9. 2004
..Preincubation of the enzyme with micromolar concentrations of GSH or DTT abolished the hysteresis, suggesting that a thiol-disulfide exchange mechanism is involved...
- Partial purification and characterization of protease enzyme from Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus cereus
Department of Chemical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, 34469 Maslak, Istanbul, Turkey
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 121:183-94. 2005
..The protease enzyme that was partially purified from B. cereus was purified 1.2-fold after ammonium sulfate precipitation. The molecular mass of the partially purified enzyme was determined to be 37 kDa by using SDS-PAGE...
- Purification and characterization of a digestive alkaline protease from the larvae of Spilosoma obliqua
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Program in Molecular Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 51:1-12. 2002
..The ability of S. obliqua protease and bovine trypsin to hydrolyze various synthetic substrates (BApNA, BAEE, and BAME), and the inhibition patterns of S. obliqua and bovine trypsin with "classical" trypsin inhibitors are also reported...
- Purification of monomeric prolactin charge isoform from buffalo pituitaries
Hormone Research Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 38:94-104. 2008
..A native PAGE of the PRL showed three charge isoforms. A protocol was standardized to separate prolactin monomeric least acidic isoforms using an anion exchanger...
- Actinomycetemcomitin: a new bacteriocin produced by Aggregatibacter (Actinobacillus) actinomycetemcomitans
Francisca Lúcia Lima
Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:103-10. 2008
..Actinomycetemcomitin has a molecular mass of 20.3 KDa and it represents a new bacteriocin from A. actinomycetemcomitans...
- Formulation development and stability studies of aqueous metronidazole benzoate suspensions containing various suspending agents
Department of Pharmacy, PO Box 77000, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:191-7. 2007
..Monohydrate formation did not occur in product containing Avicel RC-591, indicating that suspending agents may exert a positive effect on metronidazole benzoate suspension stability...
- Identification of the dialysable serum inducer of germ-tube formation in Candida albicans
Debbie A Hudson
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Microbiology 150:3041-9. 2004
..Serum is, therefore, the most effective induction medium for germ-tube formation because it is buffered at about pH 8.5 and contains two distinct inducers (glucose and a non-dialysable component), both active at this pH...
- Proteins from fish eggs that protect DNA from acid precipitation and inhibit DNA synthesis
School of Agriculture, University of Thessaly, Fitoko Neas Ionias, 38446, Magnisia, Greece
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 129:369-76. 2001
..The protein fraction from Sparus aurata inhibited DNA synthesis in PCR performed by different DNA polymerases. The possible role of DNA protective proteins in fish egg physiology is discussed...
- Evidence for a tetrameric form of iceberg lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) polyphenol oxidase: purification and characterization
, Edificio de Veterinaria, , Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30071, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 49:4870-5. 2001
..1 S, respectively. For the high-molecular-weight form purified to homogeneity, denaturing SDS-PAGE indicated a molecular mass of 60 kDa. Thus, from these data we suggest that lettuce polyphenol oxidase is a tetramer of identical subunits...
- Enhanced yield and homogeneity of buffalo growth hormone by an improved chromatographic protocol
Hormone Research Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 35:313-29. 2005
..It has also been demonstrated here that it is possible to separate buffalo prolactin (buPRL) and buGH on QAE-Sephadex...
- Comparison between therapeutic antitoxin F(ab)2 fractionated with ammonium sulfate and caprylic acid
el Rashdy M Redwan
Antibody Laboratory, Protein Research Department, GEBRI, Mubarak City for Scientific Research and Technology Applications, New Borg EL Arab, 21394, Alexandria, Egypt
J Immunoassay Immunochem 27:319-29. 2006
..01), respectively. However, the anti-complementary activity was also reduced, from 42 to 33. The total IgG content was higher in CA fractionated products than AS materials. The endotoxin content was worrisome in some F(ab)2 products...
- Purification, characterization, and immunolocalization of paramyosin from the adult stage of Fasciola hepatica
Dpto de Biología Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias, Instituto de Higiene, Unidad de Biologia Parasitaria, Av A Navarro 3051, C P 11600, Montevideo, Uruguay
Parasitol Res 92:441-8. 2004
..We also observed labeling of extramuscular structures like testes, surface lamellae of the gut and the tegument of adult flukes...
- 2-keto-4-hydroxyglutarate aldolase from Escherichia coli
E E Dekker
Methods Enzymol 42:285-90. 1975
- Bioprocess engineering issues that would be faced in producing a DNA vaccine at up to 100 m3 fermentation scale for an influenza pandemic
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, Department of Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, UK
Biotechnol Prog 21:1577-92. 2005
..The strengths and weaknesses of alternative downstream processing routes are analyzed, and several gaps in public domain information are addressed. The conclusion is that such processing would be challenging but feasible...
- Isolation of high molecular weight DNA suitable for BAC library construction from woody perennial soft-fruit species
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Programme of Genome Dynamics, Invergowrie, Dundee, UK
Biotechniques 38:69-71. 2005
..Extracted DNA was readily digested by restriction enzymes and, as shown for raspberry, suitable for bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) library construction...
- Drosophila deoxyuridine triphosphatase. Purification and characterization
L E Giroir
J Biol Chem 262:130-4. 1987
..While other possibilities exist, these results suggest an enhanced opportunity for the inclusion of uracil into Drosophila DNA subsequent to embryonic development...
- Purification of a beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein in the prophenoloxidase activating system from hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx mori
Biochemical Laboratory, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Biol Chem 263:12056-62. 1988
..The purified beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein bound to beta-1,3-glucan did not hydrolyze appreciably any of the 26 commercially available peptidyl-7-amino-4-methylcoumarins, substrates for various proteases...
- Single-step purification of lipase from Burkholderia multivorans using polypropylene matrix
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110021, India
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:648-53. 2005
..The phenomenon of adsorption and desorption on Accurel was studied for three more lipases, viz. Mucor meihei lipase (Sigma-Aldrich Co.), Lipolase (Novo Nordisk, Denmark) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa lipase (laboratory isolate)...
- Purification and properties of methylmalonyl coenzyme A mutase from human liver
W A Fenton
Arch Biochem Biophys 214:815-23. 1982
- Purification and characterization of C-Phycocyanin from cyanobacterial species of marine and freshwater habitat
Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, G B Marg, Bhavnagar 364002, India
Protein Expr Purif 40:248-55. 2005
..The purification involves a multistep treatment of the crude extract by fractional precipitation with ammonium sulfate, followed by ion-exchange chromatography on DEAE-Sepharose CL-6B column...
- Separation of immunoglobulin G precipitate from contaminating proteins using microfiltration
Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, Department of Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7JE, UK
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 39:241-8. 2004
..The results obtained from the stirred cell are potentially scaleable, and dynamic microfiltration is shown to be an attractive process option...
- Optimization of isopropanol and ammonium sulfate precipitation steps in the purification of plasmid DNA
S S Freitas
Centro de Engenharia Biologica e Quimica, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon, Portugal
Biotechnol Prog 22:1179-86. 2006
..This directly translates into an improvement of the process economics and in a reduction of the environmental impact of the process...
- Proteomic analysis of Helicobacter pylori cellular proteins fractionated by ammonium sulfate precipitation
Jeong Won Park
Department of Microbiology, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, Korea
Electrophoresis 29:2891-903. 2008
..Additionally, 29 proteins were newly identified in this study. These data will facilitate the preparation of significant H. pylori proteins, as well as provide information about low-abundance proteins...
- Fractional precipitation of plasmid DNA from lysate by CTAB
Russel J Lander
Merck and Co, Inc, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 79:776-84. 2002
..The selectivity mechanism is most likely based upon conformational differences among the several forms of DNA. As such, CTAB precipitation provides an ideal nonchromatographic capture step for the manufacture of plasmid DNA...
- Correlation for the partition behavior of proteins in aqueous two-phase systems: effect of surface hydrophobicity and charge
B A Andrews
Centre for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Millennium Institute for Advanced Studies in Cell Biology and Biotechnology, University of Chile, Beauchef 861, Santiago, Chile
Biotechnol Bioeng 90:380-90. 2005
..In the PEG/dextran systems at lower concentration of NaCl, molecular weight appeared to be the prime determinant of partition, whereas no clear effect of molecular weight could be found in PEG/salt systems...
- Toluene/ter-butanol mixed solvent for the selective extraction of Cr(VI) from divalent heavy metals
Sethsiri S Samaratunga
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University, Japan
Anal Sci 21:1073-8. 2005
..Based on the above studies, the extraction mechanism was elucidated and the optimum extraction conditions were determined...
- Effects of degree of hydrolysis and pH on the solubility of heme-iron enriched peptide in hemoglobin hydrolysate
Man Jin In
Department of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University, Yesan 340 802, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:365-7. 2003
..These results indicated that an effective separation method for the production of heme-iron enriched peptide could be established by pH adjustment of the hemoglobin hydrolysate with high degree of hydrolysis...
- Heterogeneity in the fine structure of alkali-extractable arabinoxylans isolated from two rye flours with high and low breadmaking quality and their coexistence with other cell wall components
Department of Plant Biochemistry and Physiology, Institute of Plant Breeding and Acclimatization, Radzikow, 05 870 Blonie, Poland
J Agric Food Chem 52:2671-80. 2004
..The arabinoxylans present in the BaH fractions, characterized by the highest MWs, had similar MWs...
- A potential blood test for transmissible spongiform encephalopathies by detecting carbohydrate-dependent aggregates of PrPres-like proteins in scrapie-Infected hamster plasma
Central Blood Institute, The Japanese Red Cross Society, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 51:1221-31. 2007
..Counterparts in these aggregates with PrPres-like proteins in scHaPl are not known but any that exist should resist the PK digestion...
- Simple bioseparations using self-cleaving elastin-like polypeptide tags
Mahmoud Reza Banki
Department of Chemical Engineering, A213 E QUAD, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Nat Methods 2:659-61. 2005
..Using this method we obtained high purity, activity and reasonable yields for ten diverse target proteins...
- Nanoprecipitation-assisted ion current oscillations
Matthew R Powell
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nat Nanotechnol 3:51-7. 2008
..Such nanopore systems might also form the basis for a stochastic sensor...
- Purification and characterization of antitoxic proteins from the serum of Agkistrodon halys Pallas
Yang Ping Niu
School of Pharmacy, Zhejiang Univerisity of Technology, 18 Chaowang Road, 310014 Hangzhou, China
Toxicon 50:322-9. 2007
..Two antitoxic proteins have been successfully isolated by the methods of (NH4)(2)SO(4) fractional precipitation, chromatography and preparative discontinuous polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE)...
- Partial purification and characterization of a novel soybean protease which is inhibited by Kunitz and Bowman-Birk trypsin inhibitors
Central Research Institute, Fuji Oil Co, Ibaraki
J Biochem 119:711-8. 1996
..4, fractional precipitation with ammonium sulfate, and a series of column chromatographic procedures on DEAE-Sepharose, SP-Sepharose, ..
- [Purification and characterization of fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus subtilis BS-26]
College of Life Science, Agriculture University of Hebei, Baoding 071001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:1387-92. 2008
..Thrombolytic therapy is a safe and effective treatment for thrombotic diseases. Microorganisms are possible sources of thrombolytic drugs. We purified and characterized fibrinolytic enzyme produced by Bacillus subtilis strain BS-26...
- [Identification of a fibrinolytic enzyme producing Bacillus pseudomycoides and purification and characterization of the enzyme]
College of Life Science, Agricultural University of Hebei, Baoding 071001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:492-7. 2009
..To purify a single fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus pseudomycoides B-60 and to determine its N-terminal sequence and to characterize the fibrinolytic enzyme...
- [Purification and characteristic of proteinase inhibitor GLPIA2 from Ganoderma lucidum by submerged fermentation]
The Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214036, China
Se Pu 23:267-9. 2005
..The purification was carried out by ethanol fractional precipitation (30%-80%), gel-filtration on Superdex 200 column (30 cm x 1.1 cm i.d...
- Immobilization and stability of lipase from Mucor racemosus NRRL 3631
Nehad Zaki Adham
Chemistry of Natural and Microbial Products Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:332-9. 2010
The lipase from Mucor racemosus NRRL 3631 was partially purified by fractional precipitation using 60% ammonium sulfate, which resulted in a 8.33-fold purification...
- Large-scale purification of human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor expressed in Bombyx mori pupae
Institute of Biochemistry, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 141:149-60. 2007
..purification methods suitable for mass production, we tried two crude preparation methods: (NH4)2SO4 fractional precipitation and isoelectric precipitation with a combination of gel filtration and ion-exchange chromatography...
- [Studies on purification and properties of antagonistic protein from bacteria SS02 of Paenibacillus daejeonensis]
College of Life Sciences, Sichuan Normal University, Chengdu 610068, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 23:681-5. 2007
..The separation steps included ultracentrifugation, ultrafiltration and (NH4)2SO4 fractional precipitation, further purification was performed by SephadexG-75 and DEAE-32 chromatography...
- Method to produce 9(S)-hydroperoxides of linoleic and linolenic acids by maize lipoxygenase
H W Gardner
Mycotoxin Research, NCAUR, ARS, USDA, Peoria, Illinois 61604, USA
Lipids 36:529-33. 2001
..Subsequent purification by ammonium sulfate fractional precipitation results in negligible improvement in 9-hydroperoxide formation...
- [Purification and immobilization of the proteinase from mung bean burgeon inactivating soybean trypsin inhibitor]
College of Food Science and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510641, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 17:211-4. 2001
By 30%-60% s(NH4)2SO4 fractional precipitation, anion-exchange chromatographs on DEAE-Sepharose CL-6B, gel filtration on Sephacryl S-200 and anion-exchange chromatographs on Waters AP-1 column(ProteinTm-Pak DEAE 15HR), a proteinase which ..
- Purification and conformational analysis of a key exopolysaccharide component of mixed culture aerobic sludge granules
Advanced Water Management Centre and Australian National Fabrication Facility QLD Node, Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia QLD 4072, Australia
Environ Sci Technol 44:4729-34. 2010
..The high-MW fraction was separated by fractional precipitation and preparatory-scale gel permeation chromatography (GPC)...
- Optimization of the expression of surface antigen SAG1/2 of Toxoplasma gondii in the yeast Pichia pastoris
School of Science, Monash University Sunway Campus, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Selangor, Malaysia
Trop Biomed 28:506-13. 2011
..The fusion protein was purified using Ni-NTA purification system with 80% recovery. The purified protein was 100% specific and sensitive in detection of toxoplasmosis...
- Trypsin inhibitor from 3 legume seeds: fractionation and proteolytic inhibition study
Richa Kusuma Wati
Food Technology Program, School of Agro Industry, Mae Fah Luang Univ, Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand
J Food Sci 75:C223-8. 2010
..The result indicated that the precipitate IV from these legumes have potential for use as a protease inhibitor in fishery related products...
- Comparison of volatile and semivolatile compounds from commercial cigarette by supercritical fluid extraction and simultaneous distillation extraction
Zi gang Xu
Center of Analysis and Testing, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci 5:1528-32. 2004
..The extracts by the two extraction methods are complementary for investigating the flavor characteristic of tobacco products...
- Selective precipitation-assisted recovery of immunoglobulins from bovine serum using controlled-fouling crossflow membrane microfiltration
Howard P Isermann Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 101:957-66. 2008
..Further, membrane pore size and axial Reynolds number (recirculation rate) were shown to be important for minimizing fouling and loss of protein precipitate...
- Advances in primary recovery: centrifugation and membrane technology
David J Roush
BioPurification Development, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Mailstop RY805S 100, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Biotechnol Prog 24:488-95. 2008
..This paper will review the current and potential future state of research on primary recovery, including relevant papers presented at the 234th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting in Boston...
- Removing proteins from an aerated yeast fermentation by pulsing carbon dioxide: replacing salting-out as a method of protein precipitation
Ryan A Kirkland
Department of Chemical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 121:685-93. 2005
..Chicken egg albumin in a foam fractionation column can serve as a simple, experimental model for the proposed recovery process in lieu of the fermentation process...
- Identification of a novel family of growth hormone-related proteins secreted by rat placenta
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610
Endocrinology 126:3271-3. 1990
..The 32 amino acid overlap is 78% homologous if conservative amino acid replacements are included...
- Proteomic characterization of specific minor proteins in the human milk casein fraction
Department of Nutrition, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, United States
J Proteome Res 10:5409-15. 2011
..The data provide new insight not only into the proteomic profile of the human milk casein micelle and its physiological significance, but also into the proper proportion of casein and casein-associated proteins to use in infant formula...
- Optimization of ciguatoxin extraction method from blood for Pacific ciguatoxin (P-CTX-1)
Marie Yasmine Bottein Dechraoui
Marine Biotoxins Program, Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research, NOAA National Ocean Service, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Toxicon 49:100-5. 2007
..In conclusion, both Caribbean and Pacific ciguatoxins can be readily extracted from blood using this modified method; however, in the case of P-CTX-1 we find that fresh blood is optimal...
- Purification and characterization of osmoregulatory betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli
Norwegian College of Fishery Science, University of Tromsø, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1034:253-9. 1990
..2 M K+. It is inferred that salt tolerance is an essential property for an enzyme participating in the cellular synthesis of an osmoprotectant...
- Target preparation by the precipitation method for nuclear reactions
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 65:32-5. 2007
..The preparation procedure is convenient and the method is appropriate for several target materials, including not only precious materials but also radioactive materials with low contamination...
- Speciation of inorganic arsenic in some bottled Slovene mineral waters using HPLC-hGAFS and selective coprecipitation combined with FI-HGAFS
Johannes T van Elteren
Interfaculty Reactor Institute, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Water Res 36:2967-74. 2002
..Speciation calculations based on pH and Eh and taking into account the ionic strength gave a similar speciation pattern then speciation analysis with additional information about the degree of protonation of As(III) and As(V)...
- Hydrolysis of (1,4)-beta-D-mannans in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) is mediated by the concerted action of (1,4)-beta-D-mannan endohydrolase and beta-D-mannosidase
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, University of Adelaide and Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, Waite Campus, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Biochem J 399:77-90. 2006
..seedlings using ammonium sulfate fractional precipitation, followed by ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction and size-exclusion chromatography...
- Method to purify mitochondrial DNA directly from yeast total DNA
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Plasmid 64:196-9. 2010
..or RFLP analysis without the need for purification of mitochondria by gradient ultracentrifugation or fractional precipitation. The method was also successfully applied to the yeast species Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Candida utilis, ..
- Enzymatic assays for assessing histone deubiquitylation activity
Robyn T Sussman
Department of Cancer Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Methods 54:339-47. 2011
..In some cases, these poorly characterized enzymes are likely to provide new opportunities for therapeutic targeting and a detailed understanding of their biochemical and biological activities is a prerequisite to these clinical advances...
- Macroprolactinemia: predictability on clinical basis and detection by PEG precipitation with two different immunometric methods
Outpatient Endocrinology Service A P S S, Trento, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:148-56. 2003
..For clinical purposes, in the presence of macroprolactinemia, besides the recovery ratio, molar or ponderal monomeric PRL assay should be calculated...
- Method for the fractionation of dextran by centrifugal precipitation chromatography
Laboratory of Biophysical Chemistry, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8014, USA
Anal Chem 74:440-5. 2002
..In this article, we fully describe the principle, design of the prototype, and basic studies on various parameters for optimization of chromatographic conditions, using dextran as an example...
- Fabrication of size-controlled starch-based nanospheres by nanoprecipitation
Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, People s Republic of China
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 1:956-9. 2009
..A number of reasons are suggested to explain the observed transitions in the particle size. Fluorescence spectroscopic studies proved that these types of nanospheres could be potentially used for the encapsulation of hydrophobic drugs...
- The roles of threonine-136 and glutamate-137 of human medium chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase in FAD binding and peptide folding using site-directed mutagenesis: creation of an FAD-dependent mutant, T136D
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, 06510, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 358:49-57. 1998
..These findings also support the notion that the isoalloxazine ring plays a critical role in the MCAD folding, presumably exerting nucleating effects...
- Molecular weight degradation and rheological properties of schizophyllan under ultrasonic treatment
Institute of Agro products Processing Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, PR China Key Laboratory of Agro Products Processing, Ministry of Agriculture, P O Box 5109, Beijing 100193, PR China
Ultrason Sonochem 23:75-80. 2015
..The degradation product was treated by alcohol fractional precipitation technology, and the molecular weight and rheological properties of ultrasonic-treated SPG (USPG) ..
- Bioseparation in antibody manufacturing: the good, the bad and the ugly
Sartorius Stedim Biotech, August Spindler Strasse 11, 37079 Goettingen, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 24:496-503. 2008
..Among the alternatives that have been put forward, membrane adsorbers are beginning to make a real impact on the industry, particularly for flow-through applications such as polishing and viral clearance...
- Achieving a narrow size distribution of Au particles at a precise depth in SiO2 by segregation of Au precipitates
Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Research School of Physics and Engineering, The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
Nanotechnology 20:185603. 2009
..The average diameters of these precipitates before and after oxidation have been determined as around 15 nm and 30 nm, respectively...
- Purification of cytidine-triphosphate synthetase from rat liver, and demonstration of monomer, dimer and tetramer
P E Thomas
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
Biochim Biophys Acta 953:334-44. 1988
..The purified tetramer dissociates to dimers when UTP, ATP and Mg2+ are removed by dialysis...
- Purification and characterization of gelatinase-like proteinases from the dark muscle of common carp (Cyprinus carpio)
Jiu Lin Wu
College of Biological Engineering, The Key Laboratory of Science and Technology for Aquaculture and Food Safety, Jimei University, Xiamen, China 361021
J Agric Food Chem 56:2216-22. 2008
..Furthermore, these gelatinolytic proteinases hydrolyze native type I collagen effectively even at 4 degrees C, strongly suggesting their involvement in the texture softening of fish muscle during the post-mortem stage...
- Barley arabinoxylan arabinofuranohydrolases: purification, characterization and determination of primary structures from cDNA clones
R C Lee
Department of Plant Science, Adelaide University, Waite Campus, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Biochem J 356:181-9. 2001
..seedlings by fractional precipitation with (NH(4))(2)SO(4) and ion-exchange chromatography...
- Uncertainties in the oxygen isotopic composition of barium sulfate induced by coprecipitation of nitrate
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2051, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:2971-6. 2008
..The sulfate delta(18)O error can be 2-5 per thousand with Delta(17)O artifacts reaching as high as 4.0 per thousand...
- Simultaneous purification and polymerization method for bovine serum albumin preparation
Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization, Research Center, Tehran
Ital J Biochem 56:163-5. 2007
..We propose here a simple and rapid two-step method for simultaneously purification and polymerization of BSA. By this method simply BSA with desired amount of polymers was obtained by 40% ethanol concentration...
- A 63 kDa phosphoprotein undergoing rapid dephosphorylation during exocytosis in Paramecium cells shares biochemical characteristics with phosphoglucomutase
Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Federal Republic of Germany
Biochem J 309:557-67. 1995
..4.2.2) approximately 20-fold from Paramecium tetraurelia cells by combined fractional precipitation with (NH4)2SO4, gel filtration and anion-exchange chromatography yielding two PGM peaks...
- The detection of macroprolactin by precipitation and ultrafiltration methods
Department of Neuroendocrinology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 62:529-36. 2011
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the occurrence of MaPRL in hyperprolactinaemic patients and to compare the results obtained by precipitation and ultrafiltration...
- Involvement of Hevea latex organelle membrane proteins in the rubber biosynthesis activity and regulatory function
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Macromol Biosci 4:314-23. 2004
..Complete RB loss was also found when WBM was mixed with the 80% fraction, indicating that WBM has both an enzyme system and a factor for regulation of the RB activity in a well controlled metabolic function for the latex RB process...
- Protein recovery from surfactant precipitation
Shu Ian Cheng
Dept of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Biotechnol Prog 27:1614-22. 2011
..The recovered lysozyme retained its secondary structure as observed in circular dichroism(CD) spectra. Specific activity studies show that counterionic surfactant extraction does not alter the biological activity of the enzyme...
- Preparation, optimization, and structures of cross-linked enzyme aggregates (CLEAs)
Biocatalysis and Organic Chemistry, Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 136, 2628 BL, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:754-62. 2004
..The aggregation method was improved up to 100% activity yield for any enzyme. For the first time, the physical structures of CLEAs are elucidated...
- Bulk purification by fractional precipitation
School of Biosciences, University of East London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 244:117-24. 2004
- Metal chelate affinity precipitation: purification of BSA using poly(N-vinylcaprolactam-co-methacrylic acid) copolymers
Yuan Qing Ling
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, Songjiang University City, Shanghai, PR China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 94:281-7. 2012
..It proved possible to perform multiple precipitation/elution cycles with a minimal loss of polymer efficacy. The results show that PNVCL-co-MAA is a suitable matrix for the purification of target proteins from unfractionated materials...
- Structural characterization of a glucuronoarabinoxylan from pineapple (Ananas comosus (L.) Merrill) gum exudate
Fernanda F Simas-Tosin
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, UFPR, CP 19046, CEP 81531 990, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Carbohydr Polym 94:704-11. 2013
- Preparative separation of proteins using centrifugal precipitation chromatography based on solubility in ammonium sulfate solution
Laboratory of Biophysical Chemistry, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8014, USA
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 34:1-12. 2004
..A basic study was performed using this machine to separate human albumin and 3-globulin using ammonium sulfate (AS) as precipitant. Preliminary results indicate that this method can separate 500 mg of protein...
- Removal of lead by using Raschig rings manufactured with mixture of cement kiln dust, zeolite and bentonite
Mineral Processing Research Center, Chemical Engineering Department, Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran
J Hazard Mater 223:13-23. 2012
..The kinetic study indicated that the modified model can successfully correlate the sorption data. The equilibrium result showed the possibility of lead immobilization by fabricated rings...
- Scale-down of continuous filtration for rapid bioprocess design: Recovery and dewatering of protein precipitate suspensions
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London WC1E 7JE, United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 83:454-64. 2003
..Using the insight gained from the new scale-down methodology gave predictions of the flux profile in a pilot-scale candle filter superior to those obtained from the traditional batch filter used for laboratory development...
- Regulators of the neuropeptide-degrading enzyme, EC 188.8.131.52 (thimet oligopeptidase), in cerebrospinal fluid
Corie N Shrimpton
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Neurosci Res 74:474-8. 2003
..These results suggest that EP 24.15 activity in the brain may be modulated by factors released into cerebrospinal fluid...
- Separation and purification of ε-poly-L-lysine from the culture broth based on precipitation with the tetraphenylborate anion
Faculty of Biotechnology, Fukui Prefectural University, Japan
Anal Sci 28:1153-7. 2012
..The present chemical separation method is rapid, simple, and easy to carry out, and can be utilized in bioengineering studies of such basic peptides or polyamines...
- Production and characterization of ECM powder: implications for tissue engineering applications
Thomas W Gilbert
Department of Surgery, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 100 Technology Drive, Suite 200, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Biomaterials 26:1431-5. 2005
..We conclude that the production of a comminuted form of ECM is possible and that the uniformity of particle size and shape are dependent upon the manufacturing methodology...
- Crystallin distribution patterns in Litoria infrafrenata and Phyllomedusa sauvagei lenses
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
Proteomics 12:1830-43. 2012
..infrafrenata and P. sauvagei lenses. Further work is needed to determine which amphibians have taxon-specific crystallins, their evolutionary origins, and their function...
- Purification and partial characterization of a novel β-1,3-endoglucanase from Streptomyces rutgersensis
JSC, Biocentras, Graiciuno St 10, 02241 Vilnius, Lithuania
Protein J 32:411-7. 2013
A β-1,3-endoglucanase produced by Streptomyces rutgersensis was purified to a homogeneity by the fractional precipitation with ammonium sulfate, ion exchange chromatography on Q-Sepharose and hydrophobic chromatography on Butyl Sepharose...
- pH and salinity evolution of Europa's brines: Raman spectroscopy study of fractional precipitation at 1 and 300 bar
Departamento de Quimica Fisica I, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Astrobiology 13:693-702. 2013
..In this work, experiments of fractional precipitation by cooling of several brines with different chemical composition (acid, alkaline, and neutral) were ..
- [Isolation of total RNA from baker's yeast]
T V Iamkovaia
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 42:93-7. 2006
..2 U; content of the acid-soluble fraction, 2.02%; and protein content, 1.8%. Total tRNA was isolated from total RNA by fractional precipitation with ethanol followed by gel filtration.
- Biologically and chemically mediated adsorption and precipitation of phosphorus from wastewater
Landcare Research Manaaki Whenua, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Curr Opin Biotechnol 23:890-6. 2012
..This can be achieved by techniques such as regenerating filters, polymers and nanomaterials for renewed P removal. Research is also needed to optimise the fertiliser potential of struvite precipitates...
- Separation and characterization of acetyl and non-acetyl hemicelluloses of Arundo donax by ammonium sulfate precipitation
Institute of Biomass Chemistry and Technology, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 60:4039-47. 2012
..The DMSO-soluble subfraction H(D80) precipitated by 80% saturated ammonium sulfate was mainly composed of highly substituted arabino-4-O-methylglucurono xylan and β-d-glucan...
- Phenol removal using zero-valent iron powder in the presence of dissolved oxygen: roles of decomposition by the Fenton reaction and adsorption/precipitation
Research Center for Biochemical and Environmental Engineering, Department of Applied Chemistry, Toyo University, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 8585, Japan
J Hazard Mater 201:60-7. 2012
..The pH and dissolved oxygen significantly affected the dissolution of iron and the production of OH radicals and changed the roles of phenol removal by the Fenton reaction and adsorption/precipitation...
- Pretreatment of rice hulls by ionic liquid dissolution
Joan G Lynam
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, 1664 N Virginia St, MS0170, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Bioresour Technol 114:629-36. 2012
..With 8h dissolution at 110 °C using HMIM Cl, approximately 20% of the cellulose in the rice hull sample can be precipitated out using water as co-solvent, while more than 60% of the hemicellulose can be precipitated with ethanol...
- Phosphoproteome analysis of Streptomyces development reveals extensive protein phosphorylation accompanying bacterial differentiation
Area de Microbiologia, Departamento de Biologia Funcional and IUBA, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Proteome Res 10:5481-92. 2011
..We thus established for the first time the widespread occurrence and dynamic features of Ser/Thr/Tyr protein phosphorylation in a bacteria species and also revealed a previously unrecognized phosphorylation motif "x(pT)xEx"...
- Purification of norovirus-like particles (VLPs) by ion exchange chromatography
Institute of Biomedical Technology, Biokatu 6, FI 33014 University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Finland
J Virol Methods 181:6-11. 2012
..High product purity was obtained using chromatography. The purified material also contained fully assembled monodispersed VLPs, which were recognized by human sera containing polyclonal antibodies against norovirus GII.4...
- Expression and In vitro activity of recombinant canstatin in stably transformed bombyx mori cells
Ji Hye Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 19:685-9. 2009
..64 mg/ml. A maximum production level of 11 mg/l recombinant canstatin was obtained in a T-flask culture of Bm5 cells after 6 days of incubation...
- Isolation and quantification of cadmium removal mechanisms in batch reactors inoculated by sulphate reducing bacteria: biosorption versus bioprecipitation
Department of Chemistry, Sapienza University of Rome, P le Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Bioresour Technol 101:2981-7. 2010
- Three-phase partitioning of alpha-galactosidase from fermented media of Aspergillus oryzae and comparison with conventional purification techniques
S K Dhananjay
Department of Biochemistry, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, Karnataka, 585106, India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:123-8. 2009
- Fabrication via a nonaqueous nanoprecipitation method, characterization and in vitro biological behavior of N(6)-cyclopentyladenosine-loaded nanoparticles
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Ferrara University, via Fossato di Mortara 19, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Pharm Sci 98:4272-84. 2009
..The loaded and unloaded nanoparticles appeared able to increase the permeation rate of the diffusive mechanism, without interfering with the transporter...
- Purification of a water extract of Chinese sweet tea plant (Rubus suavissimus S. Lee) by alcohol precipitation
Gar Yee Koh
School of Renewable Natural Resources, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
J Agric Food Chem 57:5000-6. 2009