- Polyphenol/peptide binding and precipitation
Adrian J Charlton
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S102TN, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 50:1593-601. 2002
..Astringency arises from precipitation of polyphenol/peptide complexes, which is an important protective mechanism in animals that consume ..
- Comparison of protein precipitation methods for sample preparation prior to proteomic analysis
Bio X Life Science Research Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Hao Ran Building, P O Box 501, 1954 Hua Shan Road, Shanghai 200030, PR China
J Chromatogr A 1023:317-20. 2004
..find the most efficient method for sample preparation, we used human plasma and compared four widely applied precipitation methods, using trichloroacetic acid (TCA), acetone, chloroform/methanol and ammonium sulfate, as well as ..
- Selenite precipitation by a rhizospheric strain of Stenotrophomonas sp. isolated from the root system of Astragalus bisulcatus: a biotechnological perspective
Simona Di Gregorio
Department of Science and Technology, Laboratories of Microbial Biotechnology and Environmental Microbiology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15 Ca Vignal, 37134Verona, Italy
Environ Int 31:233-41. 2005
- Facile RAFT precipitation polymerization for the microwave-assisted synthesis of well-defined, double hydrophilic block copolymers and nanostructured hydrogels
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 9510, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:14493-9. 2007
Water-soluble macromolecular chain transfer agents (Macro-CTAs) were developed for the microwave-assisted precipitation polymerization of N-isopropylacrylamide...
- Design of equidistant and revert type precipitation patterns in reaction-diffusion systems
Eotvos University, Institute of Chemistry, Budapest, Hungary
Phys Chem Chem Phys 10:2368-73. 2008
..The precipitation process proved itself to be a good candidate for building complex structures...
- Theoretical analysis of calcium phosphate precipitation in simulated body fluid
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Biomaterials 26:1097-108. 2005
The driving force and nucleation rate of calcium phosphate (Ca-P) precipitation in simulated body fluid (SBF) were analyzed based on the classical crystallization theory...
- A modified protein precipitation procedure for efficient removal of albumin from serum
Yi Yun Chen
Core Facilities for Proteomic Research, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 26:2117-27. 2005
..gel electrophoresis (1-D SDS-PAGE) and used as the first screening strategy to evaluate and optimize for the precipitation experimental conditions...
- Combined use of crystalline salt forms and precipitation inhibitors to improve oral absorption of celecoxib from solid oral formulations
Héctor R Guzmán
TransForm Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 29 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, Massachusetts 02421, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:2686-702. 2007
..salts in novel solid formulations, which were designed to simultaneously facilitate dissolution and inhibit precipitation in vitro, showed fast and complete absorption in beagle dogs at doses up to 7.5 mg/kg orally...
- Partitioning and inactivation of viruses by the caprylic acid precipitation followed by a terminal pasteurization in the manufacturing process of horse immunoglobulins
R and D, Serolab s a, Chemin de la Vulliette 4, CP 36, 1000 Lausanne 25, Switzerland
Biologicals 35:335-41. 2007
..Exploiting these two properties, we sequentially used the caprylic acid precipitation and the pasteurization to purify horse hyperimmune globulins used in the manufacturing of Sérocytol...
- In vitro Ca-P precipitation on biodegradable thermoplastic composite of poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-DL-lactide) and bioactive glass (S53P4)
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Research, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Lemminkaisenkatu 2, 20520 Turku, Finland
Biomaterials 25:575-81. 2004
..The calcium phosphate precipitation and apatite formation were evaluated by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and infra-red spectroscopy (IR) ..
- Uranyl precipitation by Pseudomonas aeruginosa via controlled polyphosphate metabolism
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 1462, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:7404-12. 2004
..and time-resolved laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy (TRLFS) suggest that this removal was due to the precipitation of uranyl phosphate at the cell membrane...
- Heparin-mediated extracorporeal low density lipoprotein precipitation as a possible therapeutic approach in preeclampsia
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Transfus Apher Sci 35:103-10. 2006
..Heparin-mediated extracorporeal low density lipoprotein (LDL) precipitation (H.E.L.P...
- Struvite precipitation thermodynamics in source-separated urine
Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Eawag, 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Water Res 41:977-84. 2007
Struvite (MgNH(4)PO(4).6H(2)O) precipitation eliminates phosphate efficiently from urine, a small but highly concentrated stream in the total flux of domestic wastewater...
- Phosphate and potassium recovery from source separated urine through struvite precipitation
J A Wilsenach
Delft University of Technology, Department of Biotechnology, Julianalaan 67, 2628BC, Delft, The Netherlands
Water Res 41:458-66. 2007
..higher phosphate concentration than sludge reject water, allowing simpler (and less expensive) process for precipitation of phosphates...
- Micronization of atorvastatin calcium by antisolvent precipitation process
Hai Xia Zhang
Key Lab for Nanomaterials, Ministry of Education, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing, PR China
Int J Pharm 374:106-13. 2009
Amorphous atorvastatin calcium (AC) ultrafine powder has been successfully prepared by antisolvent precipitation and spray drying process, in which hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) was employed to control the particle size and ..
- Comparison of a homogeneous assay with a precipitation method for the measurement of HDL cholesterol in diabetic patients
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes Care 25:1914-8. 2002
To compare direct-measured HDL cholesterol with HDL cholesterol measured by a precipitation method.
- Calcium phosphate precipitation method for the treatment of dentin hypersensitivity
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Tokushima University, Tokushima, Japan
Am J Dent 15:220-6. 2002
To evaluate the feasibility of the calcium phosphate precipitation (CPP) method as a treatment for dentin hypersensitivity using vital teeth of beagle dogs...
- Heat-induced transfer of protons from chitosan to glycerol phosphate produces chitosan precipitation and gelation
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, P O Box 6079, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3A7
Biomacromolecules 9:640-50. 2008
..Subsequently, an investigation of ionization and precipitation behavior of chitosan, including dependencies on temperature, added salt, and fraction of deacetylated monomers ..
- Fabrication of fast responsive, thermosensitive poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) hydrogels by using diethyl ether as precipitation agent
Xiao Ding Xu
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Polymers of Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:1023-32. 2008
..the properties of thermosensitive poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) (PNIPAAm) hydrogel by using diethyl ether as a precipitation agent during the polymerization/crosslinking...
- Linked redox precipitation of sulfur and selenium under anaerobic conditions by sulfate-reducing bacterial biofilms
Simon L Hockin
Division of Environmental and Applied Biology, Biological Sciences Institute, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, Scotland, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:7063-72. 2003
..Elemental selenium and elemental sulfur were precipitated outside SRB cells. Precipitation occurred by an abiotic reaction with bacterially generated sulfide...
- Evidence for surface precipitation of phosphate on goethite
Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department, National University of Singapore, 5 Engineering Drive 2, Singapore 117576
Environ Sci Technol 37:2694-700. 2003
..have suggested that the interaction between phosphate and goethite includes ternary adsorption/ surface precipitation as well as surface complexformation...
- Dissolution and absorption modeling: model expansion to simulate the effects of precipitation, water absorption, longitudinally changing intestinal permeability, and controlled release on drug absorption
Kevin C Johnson
Intellipharm, LLC, Niantic, Connecticut 06357, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:833-42. 2003
..beyond the original application of simulating immediate-release dosage forms to include simulation of drug precipitation, water absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, changing gastrointestinal permeability, disintegration, and ..
- Purification of histidine-tagged single-chain Fv-antibody fragments by metal chelate affinity precipitation using thermoresponsive copolymers
Department of Biotechnology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 84:494-503. 2003
Metal chelate affinity precipitation (MCAP) has been successfully developed as a simple purification process for proteins that have affinity for metal ions...
- Use of seeds to control precipitation of calcium carbonate and determination of seed nature
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Powder Technology Laboratory, Materials Institute, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Langmuir 21:100-8. 2005
Understanding and controlling precipitation reactions is a major challenge for industrial crystallization. Calcium carbonate is a widely studied system: more than 3000 papers have been devoted to the subject over the past 10 years...
- Trichloroacetic acid-induced protein precipitation involves the reversible association of a stable partially structured intermediate
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
Protein Sci 18:980-93. 2009
Sample preparation for proteomic analysis involves precipitation of protein using 2,2,2-trichloroacetic acid (TCA). In this study, we examine the mechanism of the TCA-induced protein precipitation reaction...
- Precipitation of heavy metals from wastewater using simulated flue gas: sequent additions of fly ash, lime and carbon dioxide
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Donghua University, 2999 Renmin Road, Shanghai 201620, PR China
Water Res 43:2605-14. 2009
..to an acceptable level for discharge, in this work, fly ash was added as a seed material to enhance lime precipitation and the suspension was exposed to CO2 gas...
- Preparation of ethyl cellulose/methyl cellulose blends by supercritical antisolvent precipitation
Ana Rita C Duarte
Nutraceuticals and Delivery Laboratory, ITQB IBET, Aptd 12, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Int J Pharm 311:50-4. 2006
..The microspheres were precipitated from a mixture of dichloromethane (DCM) and dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) (4:1 ratio). The best process conditions for this mixture were according to our study 40 degrees C and 80 bar...
- Purification of DNA from the cell-associated herpesvirus Marek's disease virus for 454 pyrosequencing using micrococcal nuclease digestion and polyethylene glycol precipitation
Jeremy D Volkening
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Athens, GA 30605, USA
J Virol Methods 157:55-61. 2009
..weight viral DNA is purified away from an excess of degraded cellular DNA using polyethylene glycol precipitation. 454-based pyrosequencing of viral DNA purified in this manner has generated data containing as little as 2...
- Se(VI) reduction and the precipitation of Se(0) by the facultative bacterium Enterobacter cloacae SLD1a-1 are regulated by FNR
Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University, 14 College Farm Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 07102, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1914-20. 2007
..fate of selenium in the environment is controlled, in part, by microbial selenium oxyanion reduction and Se(0) precipitation. In this study, we identified a genetic regulator that controls selenate reductase activity in the Se-reducing ..
- Proteome profile of human breast cancer tissue generated by LC-ESI-MS/MS combined with sequential protein precipitation and solubilization
PolyomX Program, Cross Cancer Institute, Alberta Cancer Board, and Department of Chemistry, Oncology, and Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Proteome Res 7:3583-90. 2008
..The complexity of the breast cancer tissue proteome was reduced by using protein precipitation from a tissue extract, followed by sequential protein solubilization in solvents of different solubilizing ..
- Removal of phospholipid contaminants through precipitation of glycosylphosphatidylinositols
Institut fur Virologie, AG Parasitologie, Zentrum für Hygiene und Med Mikrobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, 35037 Marburg, Germany
Anal Biochem 343:152-8. 2005
..After delipidation, GPI proteins were solubilized from the pellet using a mixture of organic solvent containing ethanol and water...
- [Study of the metal precipitation from decontamination leachates of municipal wastes fly ash incinerators]
Institut national de la Recherche Scientifique Centre Eau, Terre et Environnement, Universite du Quebec, 490 rue de la Couronne, Quebec, QC, Canada, G1K 9A9
Environ Technol 26:421-31. 2005
..The objective of this study was to evaluate different total and selective precipitation methods for metals removal from ash decontamination leachates...
- Aerobic sulfide production and cadmium precipitation by Escherichia coli expressing the Treponema denticola cysteine desulfhydrase gene
C L Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 94720-1462, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 56:425-30. 2001
..Without supplemental cysteine, both the E. coli producing cysteine desulfhydrase and the control E. coli demonstrated minimal cadmium removal...
- Are picoplankton responsible for calcite precipitation in lakes?
Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science and Technology, Eawag, Switzerland
Ambio 33:559-64. 2004
..It has been accepted that calcite precipitation can be induced by bacteria and algae. However, the detailed mechanisms are still unclear...
- Stability of equine IgG antivenoms obtained by caprylic acid precipitation: towards a liquid formulation stable at tropical room temperature
Instituto Clodomiro Picado, Facultad de Microbiologia, Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose, Costa Rica
Toxicon 53:609-15. 2009
..Results suggest that formulation based on sorbitol is an option to obtain liquid whole IgG antivenoms of higher stability at tropical room temperatures...
- [Heparin-induced extracorporeal LDL precipitation (H.E.L.P.)]
Herz und Diabeteszentrum NRW Kardiologische Klinik, GeorgStr 11, 32545, Bas Oeynhausen, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:III1-5. 2003
The H.E.L.P procedure (heparin-induced extracorporeal LDL precipitation) is a selective and sophisticated apheresis procedure. By means of heparin and lowering the pH level, lipoproteins and fibrinogen are reduced by 50-60%...
- [Responses of three Stipa communities net primary productivity along Northeast China Transect to seasonal distribution of precipitation]
Laboratory of Quantitative Vegetation Ecology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:605-9. 2005
..and based on an integral regression model, discussed the responses of the NPP to the seasonal distribution of precipitation, aimed to reveal the effects of precipitation availability on plant NPP...
- Preparation of immunoglobulin Y from egg yolk using ammonium sulfate precipitation and ion exchange chromatography
K Y Ko
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Poult Sci 86:400-7. 2007
..The concentrated solution was further purified using either cation exchange chromatography or ammonium sulfate precipitation. For the cation exchange chromatography method, the concentrated sample was loaded onto a column equilibrated ..
- Effect of polyols on polyethylene glycol (PEG)-induced precipitation of proteins: Impact on solubility, stability and conformation
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Int J Pharm 366:38-43. 2009
..Glucose, sucrose, raffinose, glycerol and sorbitol, all reduced the extent of protein precipitation. Solubility of BSA in the presence of ethylene glycol increased in the case of PEG 1450 and PEG 8000, but was ..
- Polyethylene glycol precipitation: proceed with care
Ann Clin Biochem 45:233-5. 2008
- Nickel accumulation and nickel oxalate precipitation by Aspergillus niger
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 94720 1462, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:382-8. 2002
..X-ray and electron diffraction analysis showed that these crystals were nickel oxalate dihydrate...
- EQCM immunoassay for phosphorylated acetylcholinesterase as a biomarker for organophosphate exposures based on selective zirconia adsorption and enzyme-catalytic precipitation
Pacific Norwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, United States
Biosens Bioelectron 24:2377-83. 2009
..Moreover, 4-chloro-1-naphthol (CN) was studied as an ideal chromogenic substrate for the enzyme-catalytic precipitation. Experimental results show that the developed EQCM technique can allow for the detection of Phospho-AChE in ..
- Stabilizer choice for rapid dissolving high potency itraconazole particles formed by evaporative precipitation into aqueous solution
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Int J Pharm 302:113-24. 2005
..including dissolution, of ultra-high potency powders containing itraconazole (ITZ) formed by evaporative precipitation into aqueous solution (EPAS)...
- Precipitation of lysozyme nanoparticles from dimethyl sulfoxide using carbon dioxide as antisolvent
ETH Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Institute of Process Engineering, Sonneggstrasse 3, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Biotechnol Prog 19:549-56. 2003
..Moreover, these are consistent with the theoretical understanding of gas antisolvent recrystallization as achieved by using a recently developed model of the process...
- Supersaturation and renal precipitation: the key to stone formation?
John P Kavanagh
Department of Urology, South Manchester University Hospitals Trust, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, UK
Urol Res 34:81-5. 2006
- Lead precipitation by Vibrio harveyi: evidence for novel quorum-sensing interactions
Chad E Mire
Department of Biological Sciences, Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey 08028, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:855-64. 2004
..200 degrees C. Regulation of the precipitation phenotype was also examined...
- Effects of solution conditions on the precipitation of phosphate for recovery. A thermodynamic evaluation
Institute for Aquatic Environmental Engineering, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Chemosphere 48:1029-34. 2002
To understand the effects of solution conditions on the precipitation of calcium phosphates from wastewater for recovery, a computer programme PHREEQC was employed to calculate the speciation and saturation-index (SI) with respect to ..
- In-gel precipitation of enzymatically released phosphate
Ana D Simonović
Department of Biological Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Anal Biochem 334:312-7. 2004
The phosphate precipitation reaction using ammonium molybdate and triethylamine under low pH has been applied to gel-based assays for detecting phosphate-releasing enzymes. The sensitivity of the assay is 10 pmol Pi/mm2 of 1...
- Preparation of All-Trans Retinoic Acid nanosuspensions using a modified precipitation method
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biomaterials and Devices, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 32:857-63. 2006
All-Trans Retinoic Acid (ATRA) nanosuspensions were prepared with a modified precipitation method. The ATRA solution in acetone was injected into pure water by an air compressor under the action of ultrasonication...
- Evaluation of Western blotting methods using samples with or without sodium phosphotungstic acid precipitation for diagnosis of scrapie and chronic wasting disease
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 69:193-9. 2005
..procedures: an abnormal prion protein (PrPSc) concentration procedure using sodium phosphotungstic acid (PTA) precipitation and a procedure using crude sample without precipitation...
- Drug particle size influence on enteric beads produced by a droplet extrusion/precipitation method
A M Cerdeira
, , Portugal
J Microencapsul 17:733-41. 2000
The influence of drug particle size on the production of enteric beads by a polymer precipitation technique was investigated. Drug particle dimensions are known to play an important role in most microencapsulation techniques...
- An in vitro study on the compatibility and precipitation of a combination of ciprofloxacin and vancomycin in human vitreous
Department of Microbiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ROC
Br J Ophthalmol 88:218-22. 2004
To investigate the precipitation process of a mixture of vancomycin and ciprofloxacin by equilibrium dialysis and its subsequent effect on the level of available free antibiotics.
- Isolation and biochemical characterization of extracellular polymeric secretions (EPS) from modern soft marine stromatolites (Bahamas) and its inhibitory effect on CaCO3 precipitation
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 32:51-63. 2002
..were conducted to examine biochemical characteristics and the role of EPS in the inhibition of CaCO3 precipitation. EPS consisted of acid polysaccharides and proteins...
- Surface-grafted viologen for precipitation of silver nanoparticles and their combined bactericidal activities
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore 119260
Langmuir 20:6847-52. 2004
..The dual functionalities of HVVN and silver remain stable after prolonged immersion in phosphate buffer solution and after aging in a weathering chamber...
- Precipitation scavenging of polychlorinated biphenyls and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons along an urban to over-water transect
John H Offenberg
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Solomons 20688, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:3763-71. 2002
Concentrations of semi-volatile organic compounds in dissolved and particulate forms in precipitation are related to those measured concurrently in air measured at multiple locations along the tracks of several storms...
- Consolidation of degraded ornamental porous limestone stone by calcium carbonate precipitation induced by the microbiota inhabiting the stone
Dpto Microbiologia, Universidad de Granada, Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Chemosphere 68:1929-36. 2007
..to activate, among the microbial community of the stone, those bacteria with a potential for calcium carbonate precipitation. In order to test this new method for stone consolidation, non-sterilized decayed porous limestone was ..
- High-sensitivity detection for model organophosphorus and carbamate pesticide with quartz crystal microbalance-precipitation sensor
Korea Food Research Institute, San 46 1, Baekhyun dong, Bundang gu, Songnam si, Kyonggi do 463 746, Republic of Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 22:1593-9. 2007
..coupling of AChE to 3-mercaptopropionic acid self-assembled monolayer, on the responses of a batch-type QCM-precipitation sensor was compared, resulting in a better sensitivity and binding efficiency in the former method...
- Linking chemical reactivity and protein precipitation to structural characteristics of foliar tannins
T E C Kraus
Department of Land, Air and Water Resources, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Chem Ecol 29:703-30. 2003
..growing in the pygmy forest of the northern California coast were examined for chemical reactivity, protein precipitation capacity (PPC), and structural characteristics (13C NMR)...
- Nephrocalcinosis: molecular insights into calcium precipitation within the kidney
John A Sayer
School of Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 106:549-61. 2004
..Under these conditions, urine concentration and supersaturation leads to calcium crystal precipitation, which may be an intratubular event or initiate within the renal interstitium...
- Screening of antifungal agents using ethanol precipitation and bioautography of medicinal and food plants
Nucleo de Pesquisas de Produtos Naturais, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Centro de Ciencias da Saude CCS, Bloco H, Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 96:563-8. 2005
In the search for bioactive compounds, bioautography and ethanol precipitation of macromolecules (proteins, polysaccharides, etc.) of plant aqueous extracts were associated in an antifungal screening...
- Highly Efficient Phosphopeptide Enrichment by Calcium Phosphate Precipitation Combined with Subsequent IMAC Enrichment
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5230 Odense, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:2032-42. 2007
..The method is based on calcium phosphate precipitation of the phosphopeptides prior to further enrichment with established affinity enrichment methods...
- Effect of surface roughness of Ti, Zr, and TiZr on apatite precipitation from simulated body fluid
Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, Deakin University, Pigdons Road, Waurn Ponds, Victoria 3217, Australia
Biotechnol Bioeng 101:378-87. 2008
..6 microm led to the fastest apatite formation on the metal surfaces. This apatite layer on the metal surface is expected to bond to the surrounding bones directly after implantation...
- Clinical significance of small dense low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels determined by the simple precipitation method
First Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:558-63. 2004
..established a simple method for the quantification of small dense LDL cholesterol (C) using heparin-magnesium precipitation. The small dense LDL-C level was identical to cholesterol in the denser LDL fraction with a density of 1...
- Combination of methylated-DNA precipitation and methylation-sensitive restriction enzymes (COMPARE-MS) for the rapid, sensitive and quantitative detection of DNA methylation
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1650 Orleans Street, CRB 116, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:e19. 2006
..This novel technology could significantly improve our ability to detect CGI hypermethylation...
- Metal chelate affinity precipitation of RNA and purification of plasmid DNA
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun, Houston, TX 77204 5001, USA
Biotechnol Lett 25:1111-6. 2003
..Here we describe a metal affinity precipitation method to resolve RNA from linear and plasmid DNA...
- Fractionation of equine antivenom using caprylic acid precipitation in combination with cationic ion-exchange chromatography
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Rajthevi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Immunol Methods 282:63-72. 2003
A combined process of caprylic acid (CA) precipitation and ion-exchange chromatography on SP-Sepharose was studied as a means to fractionate pepsin-digested horse antivenom F(ab')(2) antibody...
- Protein precipitation and denaturation by dimethyl sulfoxide
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Biophys Chem 131:62-70. 2007
..an unfavorable interaction of DMSO with the native protein correlates with the enhanced self-association and precipitation of proteins by DMSO...
- Phosphoproteomic analysis of human brain by calcium phosphate precipitation and mass spectrometry
Department of Human Genetics, The Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Proteome Res 7:2845-51. 2008
..We used calcium phosphate precipitation to analyze an AD postmortem brain, followed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry...
- Geographic variation in body size: the effects of ambient temperature and precipitation
Department of Zoology, Tel Aviv University, 69978, Tel Aviv, Israel
Oecologia 148:213-8. 2006
..We used a conservative approach to discern the effects of precipitation and temperature by applying sequential regression...
- Supercritical fluid processing of proteins: lysozyme precipitation from aqueous solution
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 55:185-92. 2003
..However, SEDS samples produced at 200 bar and 40 degrees C exhibited negligible disturbance. Thus the SEDS process utilising aqueous solution was able to bring about size reduction of lysozyme with minimal loss of biological activity...
- Controlled protein precipitation in combination with chip-based nanospray infusion mass spectrometry. An approach for metabolomics profiling of plasma
K Olaf Boernsen
Biomarker Development and Integrative Expression Profiling, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Anal Chem 77:7255-64. 2005
..The feasibility of direct sample infusion using the new chip-based nanoelectrospray device opens a new dimension for the rapid parallel analysis of complex biological mixtures...
- Microbial reduction and precipitation of vanadium by Shewanella oneidensis
Laboratory for Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:3636-9. 2003
..The bacterium reduces V(V) (vanadate ion) to V(IV) (vanadyl ion) in an anaerobic atmosphere. The resulting vanadyl ion precipitates as a V(IV)-containing solid...
- Supercritical antisolvent precipitation of nimesulide: preliminary experiments
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Trieste, P le Europa 1, 34127 Trieste, Italy
Curr Drug Deliv 4:241-8. 2007
..Finally, the stability of the nimesulide form II, checked by DSC analysis, was ruled on over a period of 15 months...
- Stimulation of microbial urea hydrolysis in groundwater to enhance calcite precipitation
Idaho National Laboratory, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83415, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3025-32. 2008
..Generation of carbonate alkalinity from ureolysis promotes calcite precipitation. In calcite-saturated aquifers, this represents a potential long-term contaminant sequestration mechanism...
- A new method for the isolation of histatins 1, 3, and 5 from parotid secretion using zinc precipitation
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, MA 02118 2392, USA
Protein Expr Purif 23:198-206. 2001
..A fast and efficient two-step procedure was developed using zinc precipitation of histatins from human parotid secretion followed by final purification using reversed-phase high-performance ..
- Development and characterisation of a molecularly imprinted polymer prepared by precipitation polymerisation for the determination of phenylurea herbicides
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Salamanca, 37008 Salamanca, Spain
J Sep Sci 28:453-61. 2005
..We observed that the imprinted polymers obtained by precipitation displayed a greater capacity to retain the phenylureas...
- Urease induced calcium precipitation by Helicobacter species may initiate gallstone formation
Gut 55:1678-9. 2006
- Precipitation of octacalcium phosphates on artificial enamel in artificial saliva
School of Dentistry at Tokyo, Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, The Nippon Dental University, Japan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:1173-7. 2006
..The AE was placed in the AS at 37 degrees C. XRD, SEM and EDX investigated precipitation on the AE. The precipitation was always identified as being OCP...
- Ammonium hexafluorosilicate elicits calcium phosphate precipitation and shows continuous dentin tubule occlusion
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Dent Mater 24:192-8. 2008
..However, AgF stains the teeth black due to silver precipitation. To overcome this drawback, the authors prepared ammonium hexafluorosilicate [SiF: (NH(4))(2)SiF(6)], which ..
- Formation and characterization of solid dispersions of piroxicam and polyvinylpyrrolidone using spray drying and precipitation with compressed antisolvent
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Pharm Sci 98:2422-31. 2009
Solid dispersions of a poorly water-soluble drug piroxicam in polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) were prepared by precipitation with compressed antisolvent (PCA) and spray drying techniques...
- Rifampicin microparticles production by supercritical antisolvent precipitation
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica ed Alimentare, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fiscano SA, Italy
Int J Pharm 243:83-91. 2002
Semi-continuous supercritical antisolvent (SAS) precipitation has been used to produce Rifampicin micro- and nanoparticles with controlled particle size (PS) and particle size distribution (PSD)...
- Electrochemically assisted co-precipitation of protein with calcium phosphate coatings on titanium alloy
Department of Chemistry, Acadia University, 6 University Ave, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada B4P 2R6
Biomaterials 25:5395-403. 2004
..protein-containing calcium phosphate coating (BSA/brushite) was prepared by electrochemically assisted co-precipitation onto a hydroxyapatite (HA) coated Ti-6Al-4V surface...
- Extraction and precipitation of chitosan from cell wall of zygomycetes fungi by dilute sulfuric acid
School of Engineering, University of Borås, SE 50190 Borås, Sweden
Biomacromolecules 8:3786-90. 2007
..It might indicate the inability of acetic acid to separate chitosan from the cell wall...
- Human vascular smooth muscle cells undergo vesicle-mediated calcification in response to changes in extracellular calcium and phosphate concentrations: a potential mechanism for accelerated vascular calcification in ESRD
Joanne L Reynolds
Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2857-67. 2004
..under normal physiologic conditions did not calcify, and VSMC were also able to inhibit the spontaneous precipitation of Ca and P in solution...
- Quantitative validation of different protein precipitation methods in proteome analysis of blood platelets
Surgical Research Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Electrophoresis 26:2481-9. 2005
For the preparation of proteins for proteome analysis, precipitation is frequently used to concentrate proteins and to remove interfering compounds...
- Strain-specific ureolytic microbial calcium carbonate precipitation
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology LabMET, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4901-9. 2003
During a study of ureolytic microbial calcium carbonate (CaCO(3)) precipitation by bacterial isolates collected from different environmental samples, morphological differences were observed in the large CaCO(3) crystal aggregates ..
- Purported nanobacteria in human blood as calcium carbonate nanoparticles
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hua First Road, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5549-54. 2008
..by introducing varying levels of CO(2) and NaHCO(3) as well as other conditions known to influence the precipitation of CaCO(3)...
- Plasma ascorbic acid preparation and storage for epidemiological studies using TCA precipitation
Department of Health and Functional Capacity, Biomarker Laboratory, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Biochem 41:723-7. 2008
..To introduce a procedure to validate an ascorbic acid method using trichloroacetic acid (TCA) for plasma stabilization at different storage temperatures...
- Differential influence of proteolysis by calpain 2 and Lp82 on in vitro precipitation of mouse lens crystallins
Research Laboratory, Senju Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:558-63. 2003
..Lp82-induced proteolysis of crystallins caused increased susceptibility of truncated crystallins to in vitro precipitation. Since Lp82 is highest in young animals, Lp82-induced proteolysis and precipitation may be one of the factors ..
- Silacidins: highly acidic phosphopeptides from diatom shells assist in silica precipitation in vitro
Lehrstuhl Biochemie I, Universitat Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:1729-32. 2008
- A semi-automated 96-well protein precipitation method for the determination of montelukast in human plasma using high performance liquid chromatography/fluorescence detection
Chester J Kitchen
Merck Research Laboratories, WP75A 303, Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:647-54. 2003
A simple, semi-automated, protein precipitation assay for the determination of montelukast (SINGULAIR, MK-0476) in human plasma has been developed...
- Synthesis by precipitation polymerisation of molecularly imprinted polymer microspheres for the selective extraction of carbamazepine and oxcarbazepine from human urine
Departament de Quimica Analitica i Quimica Organica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1216:2248-53. 2009
..imprinted polymers (MIPs), in the physical form of well-defined polymer microspheres, were synthesised via precipitation polymerisation (PP) using an antiepileptic drug, carbamazepine (CBZ), as template molecule, methacrylic acid ..
- Bacterial diversity and carbonate precipitation in the giant microbialites from the highly alkaline Lake Van, Turkey
Unité d Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, UMR CNRS 8079, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay Cedex, France
Extremophiles 9:263-74. 2005
..These heterotrophic bacteria may play a crucial role in the formation of Lake Van microbialites by locally promoting carbonate precipitation.
- CO2 and fluorinated solvent-based technologies for protein microparticle precipitation from aqueous solutions
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Biotechnol Prog 19:448-54. 2003
b>Precipitation with a compressed or supercritical fluid antisolvent (PCA) has been used to produce microparticles of biologically active proteins, pharmaceuticals, and polymers...
- Precipitation of mercuric sulfide nanoparticles in NOM-containing water: implications for the natural environment
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, 121 Hudson Hall, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:2368-73. 2009
..in surface waters and porewater of contaminated sediments as a result of kinetically hindered aggregation/precipitation reactions...
- Apparent solubility of hydroxyapatite in aqueous medium and its influence on the morphology of nanocrystallites with precipitation temperature
K H Prakash
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Langmuir 22:11002-8. 2006
..FESEM observations revealed that the aspect ratio of the particles decreased with increasing precipitation reaction temperature in one system [Ca(OH)2 + H3PO4] and in the other system it increased with increasing ..
- Precipitation of minerals by 22 species of moderately halophilic bacteria in artificial marine salts media: influence of salt concentration
M A Rivadeneyra
Department of Microbiology, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Espana
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 51:445-53. 2006
b>Precipitation of minerals was shown by 22 species of moderately halophilic bacteria in both solid and liquid artificial marine salts media at different concentration and different Mg2+-to-Ca2+ ratio...
- Transfecting mammalian cells by DNA/calcium phosphate precipitates: effect of temperature and pH on precipitation
E H Chowdhury
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Anal Biochem 314:316-8. 2003
- Effect of humic substances on the precipitation of calcium phosphate
Yong Hui Song
Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, Beijing 100012, China
J Environ Sci (China) 18:852-7. 2006
For phosphorus (P) recovery from wastewater, the effect of humic substances (HS) on the precipitation of calcium phosphate was studied...
- Corneal ciprofloxacin precipitation during bacterial keratitis
Kirk R Wilhelmus
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:1032-7. 2003
..To examine how age affects the risk of developing a white corneal precipitate during ciprofloxacin therapy for bacterial keratitis and to explore the effect of a white precipitate on rates of clinical improvement and cure...
- Calcium precipitation on the optical surfaces of a foldable intraocular lens: a clinicopathological correlation
Suresh K Pandey
Department of Ophthalmology, Storm Eye Institute, Medical University of South Carolina, 167 Ashley Ave, PO Box 250676, Charleston, SC 29425 5536, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:391-3. 2002