Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chemical decomposition by the action of light and the lysis or solution of cells under the influence of light. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications382 found, 100 shown here
- Photolysis of iron-siderophore chelates promotes bacterial-algal mutualismShady A Amin
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182 1030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17071-6. 2009..Fe-VF chelates undergo photolysis at rates that are 10-20 times higher than siderophores produced by free-living marine bacteria, and unlike the ..
- Nitric oxide binding properties of neuroglobin. A characterization by EPR and flash photolysisSabine Van Doorslaer
Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:4919-25. 2003..Flash photolysis studies of wild-type neuroglobin and its E7 mutants show high recombination rates (k(on)) and low dissociation ..
- Photolysis of caged Ca2+ but not receptor-mediated Ca2+ signaling triggers astrocytic glutamate releaseFushun Wang
Center for Translational Neuromedicine, Division of Glia Disease and Therapeutics, University of Rochester Medical School, Rochester, New York 14642
J Neurosci 33:17404-12. 2013..We here compared astrocytic Ca(2+) signaling triggered by agonist exposure versus photolysis side by side...
- Ultrafast infrared spectral fingerprints of vitamin B12 and related cobalaminsAlex R Jones
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre and Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
J Phys Chem A 116:5586-94. 2012..Such coupling of motions throughout the ring makes specific peak assignments neither trivial nor always meaningful, suggesting our data should be regarded as IR spectral fingerprints...
- Calcium transients in astrocyte endfeet cause cerebrovascular constrictionsSean J Mulligan
Brain Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 2B5
Nature 431:195-9. 2004..Vasoconstriction by astrocytes is a previously unknown mechanism for the regulation of CBF...
- Holographic photolysis of caged neurotransmittersChristoph Lutz
Neurophysiology and New Microscopy Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8154, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U603, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Nat Methods 5:821-7. 2008..By allowing the excitation volume shape to be tailored precisely, the holographic microscope provides an extremely flexible method for activation of various photosensitive proteins and small molecules...
- Photolysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons adsorbed on spruce [Picea abies (L) Karst] needles under sunlight irradiationJunfeng Niu
School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, 116012, PR China
Environ Pollut 123:39-45. 2003b>Photolysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) sorbed on surfaces of spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst.] needles under sunlight irradiation was investigated...
- Characterization of protein contributions to cobalt-carbon bond cleavage catalysis in adenosylcobalamin-dependent ethanolamine ammonia-lyase by using photolysis in the ternary complexWesley D Robertson
Department of Physics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:6968-77. 2011..ethanolamine ammonia-lyase (EAL) from Salmonella typhimurium have been studied by using pulsed-laser photolysis of AdoCbl in the EAL-AdoCbl-substrate ternary complex, and time-resolved probing of the photoproduct dynamics by ..
- In situ simultaneous determination the photolysis of multi-component PAHs adsorbed on the leaf surfaces of living Kandelia candel seedlingsLi Chen
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science Xiamen University, Environmental Science Research Center, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian Province, China
Talanta 83:324-31. 2010..0-91.2, 78.5-88.5 and 91.5-107.3%, respectively. Under the laboratory experimental conditions, the photolysis processes of Flu, Phe and Fla individual and in mixtures adsorbed on the leaf surfaces of living Kc seedlings ..
- In situ monitoring the photolysis of fluoranthene adsorbed on mangrove leaves using fiber-optic fluorimetryLi Chen
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Environmental Science Research Center, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, People s Republic of China
J Fluoresc 21:765-73. 2011..With the method, the photolysis of Fla adsorbed on Ea, Kc and Ac leaf surfaces was studied...
- Continuous wave photolysis magnetic field effect investigations with free and protein-bound alkylcobalaminsAlex R Jones
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre and Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester M1 7DN, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 131:17246-53. 2009..radical pair sensitive to the application of external magnetic fields? Here, we present continuous wave photolysis magnetic field effect (MFE) data that reveal the ethanolamine ammonia lyase (EAL) active site to be an ideal ..
- Kinetics and mechanism of photolysis and TiO2 photocatalysis of triclosanHyun Seok Son
Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
J Hazard Mater 166:954-60. 2009..a potent broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent, were compared in TiO2-only in the dark condition, photolysis, and TiO2 photocatalysis with a UV-A lamp...
- Direct observation of photolysis-induced tertiary structural changes in hemoglobinShin ichi Adachi
RIKEN Harima Institute SPring 8, 1 1 1 Kouto, Mikazuki, Sayo, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7039-44. 2003..Our results establish that the structural basis of the low affinity of the T state is radically different between the subunits, because of differences in the packing and chemical tension at the hemes...
- Regulation of releasable vesicle pool sizes by protein kinase A-dependent phosphorylation of SNAP-25Gabor Nagy
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 41:417-29. 2004..Overexpression of the SNAP-25b isoform increased the size of both primed vesicle pools by a factor of two, and mutations in the conserved Thr-138 site had similar effects as in the a isoform...
- Whole-cell recordings and photolysis of caged compounds in olfactory sensory neurons isolated from the mouseLaura Lagostena
International School for Advanced Studies, SISSA, Sector of Neurobiology, Via Beirut 2 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Chem Senses 28:705-16. 2003..Caged compounds were introduced into the cytoplasm through the patch pipette and flash photolysis of caged cyclic nucleotides activated an inward current in 94% of the cells...
- Biochemistry. Water photolysis in biologyA W Rutherford
Service of Bioenergetics, CNRS URA 2096, Departement de Biologie Joliot Curie, CEA Saclay, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Science 303:1782-4. 2004
- Photolysis of hydrogen peroxide, an effective disinfection system via hydroxyl radical formationHiroyo Ikai
New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Aoba 6 6 10, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:5086-91. 2010The relationship between the amount of hydroxyl radicals generated by photolysis of H(2)O(2) and bactericidal activity was examined. H(2)O(2) (1 M) was irradiated with laser light at a wavelength of 405 nm to generate hydroxyl radicals...
- Dynamics of structure and energy of horse carboxymyoglobin after photodissociation of carbon monoxideM Sakakura
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 123:4286-94. 2001..We found a new kinetics of approximately 700 ns (at room temperature), which was not observed by the flash photolysis technique...
- Synergistic effect of thermal energy on bactericidal action of photolysis of H₂O₂ in relation to acceleration of hydroxyl radical generationMidori Shirato
Division of Fixed Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Seiryou 4 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:295-301. 2012..the effect of thermal energy on the yield of and the bactericidal action of hydroxyl radical generated by photolysis of H(2)O(2)...
- Ultrafast dynamics of diatomic ligand binding to nitrophorin 4Abdelkrim Benabbas
Department of Physics and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Complex Systems, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:2811-20. 2010..et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2007, 104, 14682)...
- Flash photolysis of cutinase: identification and decay kinetics of transient intermediates formed upon UV excitation of aromatic residuesMaria Teresa Neves-Petersen
Department of Physics and Nanotechnology, NanoBiotechnology Group, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
Biophys J 97:211-26. 2009..Knowledge about the nature of the formed species and their lifetimes is important for the understanding of UV-induced reactions in humans that lead to light-induced diseases, e.g., skin cancer and cataract formation...
- Photodegradation characteristics of PPCPs in water with UV treatmentIlho Kim
Research Center for Environmental Quality Management, Kyoto University, 1 2 Yumihama, Otsu, Shiga 520 0811, Japan
Environ Int 35:793-802. 2009..AOPs (Advanced oxidation processes) such as the UV/H(2)O(2) or UV/O(3) processes should therefore be considered for their potential to remove these substances effectively...
- Glial cells dilate and constrict blood vessels: a mechanism of neurovascular couplingMonica R Metea
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neurosci 26:2862-70. 2006..These results indicate that glial cells contribute to neurovascular coupling and suggest that regulation of blood flow may involve both vasodilating and vasoconstricting components...
- Rapid loss of estrogenicity of steroid estrogens by UVA photolysis and photocatalysis over an immobilised titanium dioxide catalystH M Coleman
Photocatalysis Research Group, University of Ulster at Jordanstown, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim BT37 0QB, Northern Ireland, UK
Water Res 38:3233-40. 2004..In control experiments without TiO2 catalyst, the rate of UVA photolysis of the steroid substrates varied, but was most effective with 17alpha-ethinylestradiol followed by estrone, and ..
- Transgenic Leishmania model for delta-aminolevulinate-inducible monospecific uroporphyria: cytolytic phototoxicity initiated by singlet oxygen-mediated inactivation of proteins and its ablation by endosomal mobilization of cytosolic uroporphyrinSujoy Dutta
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Chicago Medical School Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:1146-57. 2008..reversion of porphyric to aporphyric cells during uroporphyrinogenesis and repeated cycles of this event plus photolysis selected no resistant mutants, only aporphyric clones of the parental phenotypes...
- Two-photon uncaging of gamma-aminobutyric acid in intact brain tissueMasanori Matsuzaki
Laboratory of Structural Physiology, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Chem Biol 6:255-7. 2010..Two-photon uncaging of GABA, the main inhibitory neurotransmitter, should allow detailed studies of receptor function and synaptic integration with subcellular precision...
- 4-Carboxymethoxy-5,7-dinitroindolinyl-Glu: an improved caged glutamate for expeditious ultraviolet and two-photon photolysis in brain slicesGraham C R Ellis-Davies
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Neurosci 27:6601-4. 2007
- Kinetics of force generation by single kinesin molecules activated by laser photolysis of caged ATPH Higuchi
Yanagida Biomotron Project, ERATO, JST, 2 4 14 Senba higashi, Mino, Osaka, 562 Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:4395-400. 1997..Tension was applied to a kinesin-microtubule rigor complex using the optical trap, and ATP was released by flash photolysis of caged ATP with a UV laser...
- Atmospheric chemistry of 4:2 fluorotelomer iodide (n-C4F9CH2CH2I): kinetics and products of photolysis and reaction with OH radicals and Cl atomsCora J Young
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H6
J Phys Chem A 112:13542-8. 2008..The UV-visible spectra of C(4)F(9)CH(2)CH(2)I and C(2)H(5)Cl were recorded over the range of 200-400 nm. Photolysis of C(4)F(9)CH(2)CH(2)I gives C(4)F(9)CH(2)CHO as the major observed product...
- A single luminally continuous sarcoplasmic reticulum with apparently separate Ca2+ stores in smooth muscleJohn G McCarron
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, John Arbuthnott Building, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 0NR, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:7206-18. 2008..multiple, separate Ca2+ pools was investigated in voltage-clamped single smooth muscle cells using local photolysis of caged compounds and Ca2+ imaging...
- Laser flash photolysis of hydrogen peroxide to oxidize protein solvent-accessible residues on the microsecond timescaleDavid M Hambly
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 16:2057-63. 2005..When developed further, this method may enable the determination of protein-ligand interfaces, affinity constants, folding pathways, and regions of conformational flexibility...
- Protect from light: photodegradation and protein biologicsBruce A Kerwin
Department of Protein Pharmaceutics, Amgen, Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1468-79. 2007..It is our intent to spur additional research in this area for increasing the safety and effectiveness of biopharmaceutical products...
- Effects of photodegradation on the physical and antioxidant properties of melanosomes isolated from retinal pigment epitheliumMariusz Zareba
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Photochem Photobiol 82:1024-9. 2006....
- Agonist-evoked Ca(2+) wave progression requires Ca(2+) and IP(3)John G McCarron
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, John Arbuthnott Building, Glasgow, UK
J Cell Physiol 224:334-44. 2010..of wave progression has been investigated in voltage-clamped single smooth muscle cells using localized photolysis of caged IP(3) and the caged Ca(2+) buffer diazo-2...
- A novel Doxorubicin prodrug with controllable photolysis activation for cancer chemotherapyStuart Ibsen
Department of Bioengineering, Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Dr 0815, La Jolla, California 92093 0815, USA
Pharm Res 27:1848-60. 2010..The purpose of this study was to develop a controllably activatable chemotherapy prodrug of DOX created by blocking its free amine group with a biotinylated photocleavable blocking group (PCB)...
- Near-infrared light-triggered dissociation of block copolymer micelles using upconverting nanoparticlesBin Yan
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1K2R1
J Am Chem Soc 133:19714-7. 2011....
- Time-resolved methods in Biophysics. 2. Monitoring haem proteins at work with nanosecond laser flash photolysisStefania Abbruzzetti
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Photochem Photobiol Sci 5:1109-20. 2006..In order to show the potential of the laser flash photolysis techniques, combined with modern numerical analysis methods, we report experiments conducted on two non-..
- Structural characterization of the proximal and distal histidine environment of cytoglobin and neuroglobinHitomi Sawai
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology University of Hyogo, 3 2 1 Kouto, Kamigori cho, Ako, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
Biochemistry 44:13257-65. 2005..time-resolved resonance Raman (ps-TR3) spectroscopy of transient five-coordinate heme species produced by the photolysis of carbon monoxide (CO) adducts of Cgb and Ngb showed Fe-His stretching (nu(Fe-His)) bands at 229 and 221 cm(-1),..
- Photolysis-induced suppression of inhibition in rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neuronsJ Wang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Physiol 533:757-63. 20011. Whole cell patch clamp recording, Ca(2+) measurement with ratiometric fluorescent dyes and photolysis of caged Ca(2+) were combined to investigate the depolarization- and photolysis-induced suppression of inhibition (DSI and PSI) in ..
- Laser photolysis of caged compounds at 405 nm: photochemical advantages, localisation, phototoxicity and methods for calibrationFederico F Trigo
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cérébrale CNRS UMR 8118, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris 75006, France
J Neurosci Methods 180:9-21. 2009..For this reason two-photon excitation is commonly used for photolysis, particularly at multiple points distributed over large fields; or, with near-UV, if combined with local ..
- Spatially confined diffusion of calcium in dendrites of hippocampal neurons revealed by flash photolysis of caged calciumEduard Korkotian
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel
Cell Calcium 40:441-9. 2006..of diffusion of a locally evoked calcium surge in dendrites of cultured hippocampal neurons was studied by flash photolysis of caged EGTA...
- Combining 'caged-dopamine' photolysis with fast-scan cyclic voltammetry to assess dopamine clearance and release autoinhibition in vitroT H Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Neurosci Methods 67:221-31. 1996..Photo-released dopamine inhibited release of endogenous caudate DA release evoked by single electrical stimulation. The advantages of this methodology are discussed...
- Mechanistic pathways differences between P25-TiO(2) and Pt-TiO(2) mediated CV photodegradationHuan Jung Fan
Department of Environmental Engineering, Hung Kung University, Taichung Shien 433, Taiwan, ROC
J Hazard Mater 185:227-35. 2011....
- Interfacial electron transfer dynamics following laser flash photolysis of [Ru(bpy)2((4,4'-PO3H2)2bpy)]2+ in TiO2 nanoparticle films in aqueous environmentsM Kyle Brennaman
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3290, USA
ChemSusChem 4:216-27. 2011Nanosecond laser flash photolysis has been used to investigate injection and back electron transfer from the complex [(Ru(bpy)(2)(4,4'-(PO(3)H(2))(2)bpy)](2+) surface-bound to TiO(2) (TiO(2)-Ru(II))...
- Studies on degradation of glyphosate by several oxidative chemical processes: ozonation, photolysis and heterogeneous photocatalysisMarcia R Assalin
Laboratorio de Residuos e Contaminantes Embrapa Meio Ambiente, Jaguariuna, SP, Brazil
J Environ Sci Health B 45:89-94. 2010Several different Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) including ozonation at pH 6.5 and 10, photolysis and heterogeneous photocatalysis using TiO(2) as semiconductor and dissolved oxygen as electron acceptor were applied to study the ..
- Unexpected photolysis of the sunscreen octinoxate in the presence of the sunscreen avobenzoneRobert M Sayre
Rapid Precision Testing Laboratories, Cordova, TN 38016, USA
Photochem Photobiol 81:452-6. 2005..We report the concomitant photolysis of avobenzone and octinoxate that predominates over expected E/Z photoisomerization and that irradiation of a ..
- Photolysis of PAHs in aqueous phase by UV irradiationJ Sabate
Department of Microbiology, School of Biology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 44:119-24. 2001..Degradation photolysis of fluorene was more efficient than sensitized photolytic oxidation in the presence of TiO2 suspensions...
- 5'-Peroxyadenosine and 5'-peroxyadenosylcobalamin as intermediates in the aerobic photolysis of adenosylcobalaminPhillip A Schwartz
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1710 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53726, USA
Biochemistry 46:7284-92. 2007The photolysis of adenosylcobalamin (coenzyme B12) results in homolytic cleavage of the Co-C5' bond, forming cob(II)alamin and the 5'-deoxyadenosyl radical...
- Degradation of endocrine disrupting chemicals bisphenol A, ethinyl estradiol, and estradiol during UV photolysis and advanced oxidation processesErik J Rosenfeldt
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0287, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:5476-83. 2004..chemicals (EDCs), bisphenol A, ethinyl estradiol, and estradiol, was investigated via ultraviolet (UV) radiation photolysis and the UV/hydrogen peroxide advanced oxidation process (AOP)...
- Influence of photolysis on multispectral photoacoustic measurement of nitrogen dioxide concentrationGuoxun Tian
Desert Research Institute, Nevada System ofHigher Education, Reno, NV89512, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 63:1091-7. 2013..Here a new photoacoustic system is developed to explore the effect of photolysis on the measured signal in a multispectral photoacoustic spectrometer In this system, a 405-nm laser is used ..
- Application of high pressure laser flash photolysis in studies on selected hemoprotein reactionsMałgorzata Brindell
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, Ingardena 3, 30 060 Krakow, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1481-92. 2008This article focuses on the application of high pressure laser flash photolysis for studies on selected hemoprotein reactions with the objective to establish details of the underlying reaction mechanisms...
- Synergy between cell-penetrating peptides and singlet oxygen generators leads to efficient photolysis of membranesNandhini Muthukrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Photochem Photobiol 89:625-30. 2013..Peptides and singlet oxygen generators therefore act in synergy to destroy membranes upon irradiation...
- Photodegradation of malachite green and malachite green carbinol under irradiation with different wavelength rangesA R Fischer
Universitat Bayreuth, Ecological Chemistry and Geochemistry, D 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
Chemosphere 82:210-4. 2011..8 × 10(-5), Φ((313-365nm)) is 1.1×10⁻⁵, and Φ((> 365nm)) is 0, respectively. Therefore, the solar photolysis of MG is an important sink and primarily depends on the photodegradation of the colorless leucocarbinol...
- Analysis of neurotransmitter release mechanisms by photolysis of caged Ca²⁺ in an autaptic neuron culture systemAndrea Burgalossi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
Nat Protoc 7:1351-65. 2012..This problem can be partially circumvented by controlling synaptic Ca(2+) concentrations via UV photolysis of caged Ca(2+)...
- UV-light exposure of insulin: pharmaceutical implications upon covalent insulin dityrosine dimerization and disulphide bond photolysisManuel Correia
Department of Physics and Nanotechnology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
PLoS ONE 7:e50733. 2012..Structural damage includes insulin dimerization via dityrosine cross-linking or disulphide bond disruption, which affects the hormone's structure and bioactivity...
- Channel-opening mechanism of a kainate-activated glutamate receptor: kinetic investigations using a laser-pulse photolysis techniqueV Jayaraman
Chemistry Department, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1881, USA
Biochemistry 37:16735-40. 1998..kinetic methods, namely, the rapid-flow method (cell-flow) with a 10 ms time resolution and a laser-pulse photolysis technique with a approximately 65 microseconds time resolution...
- A novel kinetic trap for NO release from cytochrome c': a possible mechanism for NO release from activated soluble guanylate cyclaseColin R Andrew
Department of Chemistry, Eastern Oregon University, One University Boulevard, La Grande, Oregon 97850 2899, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:9548-9. 2003Flash photolysis studies on the five-coordinate heme nitrosyl of Alcaligenes xylosoxidans cytochrome c' were carried out to investigate the ramifications of its proximal nitrosyl ligand on NO release...
- Laser-flash photolysis indicates that internal electron transfer is triggered by proton uptake by Alcaligenes xylosoxidans copper-dependent nitrite reductaseNicole G H Leferink
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre and Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
FEBS J 279:2174-81. 2012..Here we have studied the kinetics of both electron and proton transfer independently using laser-flash photolysis for native AxNiR and its proton-channel mutant N90S...
- Molecular dynamics study on the solvent dependent heme cooling following ligand photolysis in carbonmonoxy myoglobinYong Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:3243-50. 2007..The single-exponential decay of the excess kinetic energy of the heme following ligand photolysis was observed in all systems studied. The relaxation rate depends on the solvent used...
- Direct and indirect photolysis of two quinolinecarboxylic herbicides in aqueous systemsMaria Vittoria Pinna
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali Agrarie e Biotecnologie Agro Alimentari, Desertification Research Group, Universita di Sassari, Viale Italia 39, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Chemosphere 86:655-8. 2012..Instead, QCl was stable under both UV light and sunlight irradiation. The irradiation of QMe or QCl solutions with simulated sunlight in the presence of TiO(2) produced the complete mineralization of the two herbicides...
- Tetracycline photolysis in natural waters: loss of antibacterial activityKristine H Wammer
Department of Chemistry, University of St Thomas, 2115 Summit Ave, St Paul, MN 55105, USA
Chemosphere 85:1505-10. 2011Previous work has shown that tetracycline undergoes direct photolysis in the presence of sunlight, with the decomposition rate highly dependent on conditions such as water hardness and pH...
- Photocatalytic degradation of acid blue 80 in aqueous solutions containing TiO2 suspensionsA B Prevot
Dipartimento di Chimica Analitica, , 10125 Torino, Italy
Environ Sci Technol 35:971-6. 2001..Complete and relatively fast mineralization of the substrate was achieved by irradiating the semiconductor dispersions in the presence of added K2S2O8...
- Determination of microscopic rate constants for CO binding and migration in myoglobin encapsulated in silica gelsSilvia Sottini
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 7 A, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 23 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Phys Chem B 109:19523-8. 2005CO rebinding kinetics after nanosecond photolysis of myoglobin encapsulated in wet silica gels exhibits an enhanced geminate phase that allows the determination of the microscopic rate constants and the activation barriers for distinct ..
- Evidence for two geminate rebinding states following laser photolysis of R state hemoglobin encapsulated in wet silica gelsSilvia Sottini
J Phys Chem B 109:11411-3. 2005..Our findings suggest the presence of at least two distinct docking sites for the photolyzed ligand. Assuming a minimal four-state model, we estimate the microscopic rates and the activation energies for the elementary processes...
- Transformation products of pharmaceuticals in surface waters and wastewater formed during photolysis and advanced oxidation processes - degradation, elucidation of byproducts and assessment of their biological potencyD Fatta-Kassinos
GAIA Laboratory of Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Chemosphere 85:693-709. 2011....
- Pre-steady-state currents in neutral amino acid transporters induced by photolysis of a new caged alanine derivativeZhou Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1600 Northwest 10th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Biochemistry 46:3872-80. 2007..The implications of these results for the mechanisms of transmembrane transport of alanine are discussed. The new caged alanine derivative will provide a useful tool for future, more detailed studies of neutral amino acid transport...
- Fulvic acid mediated photolysis of ibuprofen in waterLaura E Jacobs
Environmental Science Graduate Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Water Res 45:4449-58. 2011b>Photolysis of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen was studied by exposure to a solar simulator in solutions of fulvic acid (FA) isolated from Pony Lake, Antarctica; Suwannee River, GA, USA; and Old Woman Creek, OH, USA...
- Biological assessment of bisphenol A degradation in water following direct photolysis and UV advanced oxidationPei Jen Chen
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University, United States
Chemosphere 65:1094-102. 2006..In this study we have investigated the use of direct photolysis with low-pressure (LP) Hg UV lamps and UV+hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) advanced oxidation process (AOP) for the ..
- The mitochondrial effects of novel apoptogenic molecules generated by psoralen photolysis as a crucial mechanism in PUVA therapySergio Caffieri
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padua, I 35121 Padua, Italy
Blood 109:4988-94. 2007..Along with identifying novel apoptogenic molecules, the present results indicate that POP generation directs transformed cells to apoptosis...
- pH-Dependence of extrinsic and intrinsic H(+)-ion mobility in the rat ventricular myocyte, investigated using flash photolysis of a caged-H(+) compoundPawel Swietach
Burdon Sanderson Cardiac Science Centre, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
Biophys J 92:641-53. 2007..This can result in spatial pH(i) nonuniformity, particularly during the stimulation of sarcolemmal Na(+)-H(+) exchange. Intracellular acidosis thus presents a window of vulnerability in the spatial coordination of cellular function...
- Treatment system for solid matrix contaminated with fluoranthene. II--Recirculating photodegradation techniqueAbdellah Rababah
Atmospheric Environmental Protection Department, National Institute for Resources and Environment, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Chemosphere 46:49-57. 2002..The developed technique however, treated double the volume of solution that was treated by the batch reactor method which was time consuming and required continuous attention...
- TiO(2)@carbon core/shell nanofibers: controllable preparation and enhanced visible photocatalytic propertiesPeng Zhang
Center for Advanced Optoelectronic Functional Materials Research, and Key Laboratory of UV Light Emitting Materials and Technology of Ministry of Education, Northeast Normal University, 5268 Renmin Street, Changchun 130024, People s Republic of China
Nanoscale 3:2943-9. 2011..Notably, the TiO(2)@C NFs could be easily recycled due to their one-dimensional nanostructural property...
- Sperm-induced Ca(2+) oscillations in mouse oocytes and eggs can be mimicked by photolysis of caged inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate: evidence to support a continuous low level production of inositol 1, 4,5-trisphosphate during mammalian fertilizationK T Jones
Department of Physiological Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Framlington Place, Newcastle, NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 225:1-12. 2000..Here we show for the first time that sperm-induced Ca(2+) oscillations may be mimicked by the photolysis of caged InsP(3) in both mouse metaphase II eggs and germinal vesicle stage oocytes...
- Thiols enhance NO formation from nitrate photolysisAndre Dejam
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Pulmonary Diseases, Angiology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 35:1551-9. 2003..Whereas it has been shown that limited amounts of NO are produced during the photolysis of nitrate in aqueous solution, the photochemistry of nitrate in biological matrices such as plasma is unknown...
- Near-ultraviolet photolysis of beta-phenylpyruvic acid generates free radicals and results in DNA damageA Hargreaves
School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham NG11 8NS, UK
J Photochem Photobiol B 89:110-6. 2007..These result in accumulation and excretion of this compound in the urine. Here we present evidence that photolysis of beta-phenylpyruvic acid by a skin tanning lamp, emitting 99% UVA (315-400 nm) and 1% UVB (290-315 nm) ..
- Probing microscopic diffusion by 2-photon flash photolysis: measurement of isotropic and anisotropic diffusion in lens fiber cellsM B Cannell
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Microsc Res Tech 63:50-7. 2004Two-photon excited flash photolysis (TPEFP) was used to photorelease caged fluorescein in test solutions and inside fiber cells of the eye lens...
- Aqueous photolysis of niclosamidePhillip W Graebing
Pittsburgh Environmental Research Laboratory, Inc, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:870-8. 2004..0 +/- 1.0 degrees C. Photolysis in pH 5 buffer is 4.3 times faster than in pH 9 buffer and 1.5 times faster than in pH 7 buffer...
- Unusually strong H-bonding to the heme ligand and fast geminate recombination dynamics of the carbon monoxide complex of Bacillus subtilis truncated hemoglobinAlessandro Feis
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita di Firenze, Via della Lastruccia 3, I 50019 Sesto Fiorentino FI, Italy
Biochemistry 47:902-10. 2008..characterized by infrared absorption and resonance Raman spectroscopies, and the dynamics of CO rebinding after photolysis has been investigated by picosecond transient absorption spectroscopy...
- Ca2+ clearance in visual motion-sensitive neurons of the fly studied in vivo by sensory stimulation and UV photolysis of caged Ca2+Rafael Kurtz
Lehrstuhl für Neurobiologie, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 10 01 31, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Neurophysiol 92:458-67. 2004..This interpretation was corroborated by UV flash photolysis of caged Ca(2+) to systematically elicit spatially homogeneous step-like Ca(2+) concentration increases of ..
- Manipulation of gene expression in zebrafish using caged circular morpholino oligomersYuan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, No 38, Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100191, China
Nucleic Acids Res 40:11155-62. 2012..These caged cMOs were successfully used to photomodulate β-catenin-2 and no tail expression in zebrafish embryos...
- Direct measurement by laser flash photolysis of intraprotein electron transfer in a rat neuronal nitric oxide synthaseChangjian Feng
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:5621-9. 2007..Our previous laser flash photolysis studies have provided a direct determination of the kinetics of IET between the FMN and heme domains in ..
- DNA damage by tert-butoxyl radicals generated in the photolysis of a water-soluble, DNA-binding peroxyester acting as a radical sourceW Adam
Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Chem Res Toxicol 11:1089-97. 1998The photolysis of the water-soluble perester 1 leads to tert-butoxyl radicals as confirmed by EPR studies with the spin trap 5, 5-dimethylpyrroline N-oxide (DMPO)...
- UV photolysis of catalase revisited: a spectral study of photolytic intermediatesM Aubailly
Laboratoire de Photobiologie, INSERM U 532, Museum National d Histoire Naturelle 43, Paris, France
J Photochem Photobiol B 56:61-7. 2000..Hydrogen donors such as ethyl alcohol, formate and p-cresol inhibit, but citrate ions enhance the formation of these intermediates. A mechanism involving Fe(III) reduction according to an internal electron transfer is proposed...
- Geminate rebinding in R-state hemoglobin: kinetic and computational evidence for multiple hydrophobic pocketsSilvia Sottini
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 7 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Am Chem Soc 127:17427-32. 2005Biphasic geminate rebinding of CO to myoglobin upon flash photolysis has been associated to ligand distribution in hydrophobic cavities, structurally detected by time-resolved crystallography, xenon occupancy, and molecular simulations...
- Kinetics and degradation products for direct photolysis of beta-blockers in waterQin Tao Liu
AstraZeneca UK Ltd Global Safety Health and Environment, Brixham Environmental Laboratory, Brixham, Devon, UK
Environ Sci Technol 41:803-10. 2007Related to improving persistence assessment of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), direct aqueous photolysis of beta-blockers: propranolol (hydrochloride salt), atenolol, and metoprolol (succinate salt) were investigated by exposing ..
- Mechanism of glutamate receptor-channel function in rat hippocampal neurons investigated using the laser-pulse photolysis (LaPP) techniqueHeyi Li
Molecular Biology and Genetics, 216 Biotechnology Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703, USA
Biochemistry 41:4753-9. 2002..were used: (1) a cell-flow method with a 4-10 ms time resolution to apply L-glutamate and (2) a laser-pulse photolysis technique to release glutamate from gamma-O-(alpha-carboxy-2-nitrobenzyl)glutamate (alphaCNB-caged L-glutamate) ..
- Cytosolic Ca(2+) and Ca(2+)-activated Cl(-) current dynamics: insights from two functionally distinct mouse exocrine cellsDavid R Giovannucci
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Physiol 540:469-84. 2002..the [Ca(2+)]-current relationship measured during a dynamic 'Ca(2+) ramp' produced by the continuous, low-level photolysis of caged-Ca(2+)...
- Wavelength-selective caged surfaces: how many functional levels are possible?Verónica San Miguel
Max Planck Institut für Polymerforschung, Ackermannweg 10, 55128 Mainz, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 133:5380-8. 2011..In addition, this manuscript presents the first systematic comparison of the photolytic properties of different photolabile groups under different irradiation conditions...
- Picrotoxin inhibition mechanism of a gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor investigated by a laser-pulse photolysis techniqueLatha Ramakrishnan
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, 216 Biotechnology Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703, USA
Biochemistry 44:8523-32. 2005..new results were obtained by using transient kinetic techniques, the cell-flow method and the laser-pulse photolysis (LaPP) technique with a microsecond to millisecond time resolution...
- Hydrolysis and H2O2-assisted UV photolysis of 3-chloro-1,2-propanediolAmanda M Nienow
Purdue University, School of Civil Engineering, 550 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, United States
Chemosphere 75:1015-20. 2009..For the first time a systematic examination of the removal of 3-MCPD via hydrolysis and photolysis processes is presented...
- Laser photolysis of dye-sensitized nanocapsules occurs via a photothermal pathwayKimberly A Dendramis
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:16771-8. 2009..Thus far, the mechanism involved in the photolysis of nanocapsules has been opaque...
- Photodegradable polymers for biotechnological applicationsGeorge Pasparakis
Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Macromol Rapid Commun 33:183-98. 2012..Novel photochemistries have been combined with controlled polymerization methods, which result in well-defined photodegradable materials that exhibit light mediated and often controlled fragmentation processes...
- Structural changes that occur upon photolysis of the Fe(II)(a3)-CO complex in the cytochrome ba(3)-oxidase of Thermus thermophilus: a combined X-ray crystallographic and infrared spectral study demonstrates CO binding to Cu(B)Bin Liu
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Molecular Biology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:658-65. 2012..of reduced ba(3)-CO that had not been exposed to X-ray radiation, showed several peaks around 1975cm(-1); after photolysis at 100K, the absolute FTIR spectra also showed a significant peak at 2050cm(-1)...
- Spatially discrete, light-driven protein expressionWeiying Lin
Department of Biochemistry, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Chem Biol 9:1347-53. 2002..Caged beta-ecdysone is cell permeable, can be intracellularly photouncaged, and, in combination with spot illumination, can be used to drive spatially discrete protein expression in a multicellular setting...
- Holographic photolysis for multiple cell stimulation in mouse hippocampal slicesMorad Zahid
Wavefront Engineering Microscopy Group, Neurophysiology and New Microscopies Laboratory, CNRS UMR 8154, INSERM U603, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9431. 2010..In previous studies we have used holographic photololysis to control glutamate uncaging on single neuronal cells. Here, we extend the use of holographic photolysis for the excitation of multiple neurons and of glial cells.
- Action potential modulates Ca2+-dependent and Ca2+-independent secretion in a sensory neuronHui Zheng
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
Biophys J 96:2449-56. 2009..Using membrane capacitance measurements, caged calcium photolysis, and membrane capacitance kinetics analysis, we demonstrated that AP-induced secretion had both CIVDS and CDS ..
- Photodegradation kinetics and byproducts identification of the Aflatoxin B1 in aqueous medium by ultra-performance liquid chromatography-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometryRuijie Liu
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Safety, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Road, Wuxi 214122, Jiangsu Province, PR China
J Mass Spectrom 45:553-9. 2010..This study first reports the appearance of these photodegradation products and the proposed degradation pathway in aqueous media...
- Ultrafast X-ray solution scattering reveals different reaction pathways in the photolysis of triruthenium dodecacarbonyl (Ru3(CO)12) after ultraviolet and visible excitationQingyu Kong
Societe civile Synchrotron SOLEIL, L Orme des Merisiers, Saint Aubin BP 48, 91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
J Am Chem Soc 132:2600-7. 2010..time-resolved X-ray scattering was used to study the structural dynamics of Ru(3)(CO)(12) in cyclohexane after photolysis at 260 nm...
- The stability and degradation of a new biological pesticide, pyoluteorinJingfang Zhang
Key Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism, Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Pest Manag Sci 66:248-52. 2010..However, ignorance of the stability of Plt is an obstacle to its use. This work studied the stability of Plt and its degradation under different conditions, including temperature, pH and UV-visible light irradiation...
- The conductance underlying the parallel fibre slow EPSP in rat cerebellar Purkinje neurones studied with photolytic release of L-glutamateM Canepari
National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
J Physiol 533:765-72. 2001..The results show that mGluR1 in PNs produces a slow activation of cation-permeable ion channels which is not mediated by PLC activation, Ca(2+) release from stores, or via the activation of PKC...
- Heme photolysis occurs by ultrafast excited state metal-to-ring charge transferS Franzen
Department of Chemistry, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Biophys J 80:2372-85. 2001..The proposed photophysical pathway suggests that iron-to-ring charge transfer is the key event in the mechanism of photolysis of diatomic ligands following a porphyrin ring pi-pi* transition.
- Local Calcium Signaling in Pulmonary ArteriesJAMES SK SHAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..techniques including whole-cell patch clamp, laser-scanning confocal microscopy, and UV-pulse laser flash photolysis, siRNA, and CD38 knockout mice to determine (1) the Ca2+ signals and physiological functions mediated by ..
- Myosin phosphatase autoinhibition in gastrointestinal smooth muscle contractionAvril V Somlyo; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will determine using photolysis of caged nucleotides, whether non-telokin mediated attenuation of the autoinhibition by cyclic nucleotides ..
- Nitric Oxide Signaling with Heme ProteinsWilliam R Montfort; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experiments involving ligand binding, kinetics, femtosecond photolysis and 2D-IR are proposed...
- Serotonin transporter-mediated regulation of neuroendocrine exocytosisKEVIN P CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will combine patch-clamp, carbon fiber amperometry, calcium imaging, and photolysis of "caged" intracellular messengers with chromaffin cells isolated from wild type mice, SERT knockout mice, and ..
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Photolysis of caged Ca2+ is considered state-of- the-art in study of astrocytes and we used this approach in a recent ..
- Toward suicidal automation of porphyric Leishmania for photodynamic vaccinationKwang Poo Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of homing to the phagolysosomes of APC, but is inducible subsequently to accumulate uroporphyrin for selective photolysis therein. Timely induction of their self-destruction therein thus releases vaccines to the desirable site...
- MEMBRANE BASIS OF VISUAL EXCITATIONMichael F Brown; Fiscal Year: 2012..involving the 2-ionone ring, the polyene chain, and the protonated Schiff base. Photolysis triggers activation of the photoreceptor, which is coupled to elastic membrane deformation...
- Extracellular Zinc Buffering and A-beta OligomerizationGUIDO FAAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..ultra-fast in vitro kinetic measurement technique of Ca2+- binding to calcium binding proteins following flash photolysis of caged Ca2+ and created a compartmental kinetic model that resolved for the first time the cooperative nature ..
- Photo-inactivation of Leishmania for safe and effective delivery of surrogate vacKwang Poo Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..As shown by our recent study, Leishmania can be PS-loaded so effectively that they are susceptible to photolysis on exposure to very dim light, e. g. luciferase/luciferin-mediated luminescence (semi-auto-light)...
- Stress, Depression, Serotonin, and Plasticity of Excitatory TransmissionScott M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2013..RESEARCH DESIGN: we will combine electrophysiological techniques, including glutamate photolysis, with cell biological techniques such as transfection with constitutively active and dominant negative ..
- Structural/Functional Modularity in Nitric Oxide SynthaseLinda J Roman; Fiscal Year: 2012..2: To address intrinsic regulation of the nNOS and eNOS by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and protein film voltammetry to determine the mechanistic properties of these proteins;and Specific Aim 3: To ..
- Internal Dynamics of the Postsynaptic DensityThomas A Blanpied; Fiscal Year: 2013..from rat hippocampus, we will use quantitative fluorescence microscopy along with patch-clamp electrophysiology, photolysis, and time-resolved electron microscopy to address the following specific aims...
- Ca2+ and secretory dynamics in salivary acinar cellsDavid I Yule; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multi-photon imaging in gland lobules together with high-speed wide-field imaging, combined with focal flash photolysis in isolated acini, will question if the machinery responsible for Ca2+ release, Ca2+ influx or Ca2+ clearance is ..
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Integration in Central NeuronsWilliam J Spain; Fiscal Year: 2012..The second set of experiments uses photolysis to uncage glutamate to stimulate the dendrites...
- Rapid-Scanning Prairie Multiphoton Microscope System for Molecular Biology ModelsSAMUEL SHENG HUNG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..imaging features, a second laser and set of galvanometers allow photoactivation of fluorescent proteins and photolysis of synthetic "caged" signaling molecules...
- Optical probes for controlling cellular functionGRAHAM ELLIS-DAVIES; Fiscal Year: 2013..the distinctive strengths of such exogenous chemical probes is that they active native membrane receptors upon photolysis. Thus, they nicely complement the recently developed channelrhodopsin technique...
- Molecular Mechanisms of RyR2-triggered ArrhythmiasHector H Valdivia; Fiscal Year: 2013..will use an array of state-of-the-art techniques including kinetic analysis of single channel activity by laser photolysis of "caged" Ca2+, high-speed Ca2+ imaging with laser scanning confocal microscopy, and recording of aberrant ..
- Mediators of Functional Hyperemia and Its Dysregulation in Post-Traumatic BrainMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cytosolic Ca2+ was selectively elevated by photolysis of caged Ca2+ in astrocytes, and invariably associated with vasodilation...
- CRCNS: Receptor mobility and scaffold dynamics at single glutamatergic synapsesSridhar Raghavachari; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using patch-clamp electrophysiology and glutamate photolysis, we will test whether synaptic efficacy changes in coordination with alterations of PSD crowding and scaffold ..
- Role of Cardiac Troponin in Health and DiseaseJONATHAN PAUL DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Relaxation will be induced by photolysis of the caged Ca2+ chelator diazo-2, whereas the kinetics of contraction will be assessed by measuring the rate ..
- CELLULAR SUBSTRATES OF CEREBELLAR INFORMATION STORAGEDavid J Linden; Fiscal Year: 2013..We shall also attempt to induce LTD(mGluR1) by photolysis of postsynaptic caged Ca...
- Mitochondria and calcium signaling in skeletal muscleNATALIA V SHIROKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2012..state-of-the-art imaging techniques (single and two-photon confocal imaging, digital photometry, UV-laser flash photolysis of caged compounds). We propose to: 1)...
- DNA Repair and Replication: Fundamental Studies and ApplicationsMarc M Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..design methods for studying DNA repair of abasic sites in cells by using photoacids in conjunction with laser photolysis to produce the lesions...
- Non-Heme Iron-Nitrosyl Complexes: Their Structures and Nitric Oxide Release KinetLijuan Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..from these complexes and the quantitative NO release kinetics will be investigated by applying nanosecond laser photolysis techniques...
- Calcium Signaling in the Brain Reward Circuit and Drug AddictionHitoshi Morikawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Electrophysiological recording combined with confocal imaging of intracellular calcium and flash photolysis of caged compounds will be performed in acutely prepared brain slices from rats...
- Directed growth cone migration by calcium signalsJames Q Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2011..In particular, direct manipulation of intracellular Ca2+ concentrations by focal laser-induced photolysis (FLIP) of caged Ca2+ will be extensively used for dissecting the signaling components...
- Mechanisms of Dendritic Spine EliminationKaren Zito; Fiscal Year: 2013..To achieve these goals, we will use focal photolysis of caged glutamate to stimulate individual spines, combined with electrophysiology to measure consequences on ..
- Contact site mapping of transient protein-protein complexes at the molecular leveYumei Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Proteins of interest will be labeled with photocrosslinking reagents. Upon photolysis, carbene generated from oxLink" will form a covalent bond with the interacting proteins...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND STRUCTURE OF A DNA REPLICASEWilliam H Konigsberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..This can be accomplished by using "caged" dNTPs that can be converted to dNTP substrates by photolysis. We are using RB69 pol, a member of the B family (which includes two human DNA pols, pol alpha and pol delta) so ..
- Identifying Proteins in the Microtubule LumenSusan L Bane; Fiscal Year: 2012..The probes are designed such that the photoaffinity label will be projected deep within the microtubule lumen. Photolysis of the microtubule-bound probe in live cells will crosslink paclitaxel to nearby proteins, which will be ..
- Acquisition of a Zeiss LSM 7 MP multiphoton microscopeRodney L Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2012..In recent years, multiphoton photolysis of caged compounds (uncaging) is increasingly used as a tool to quickly deliver calcium and other substances ..
- Olympus BX-DSU Live-Cell Disk Scanning Imaging / Electrophysiology SystemBradley K Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..resolution of Ca2+ imaging during concomitant patch clamp recordings of ion channel activity;and UV Flash photolysis of caged compounds...
- E-C Coupling and Ca2+ Regulation in atrial myocytesLothar A Blatter; Fiscal Year: 2012..and [Ca]SR, whole-cell voltage and current clamp techniques to study membrane currents and Vm (APD), subcellular photolysis of caged Ca, adenoviral gene-transfer, and pharmacological manipulation of Ca transport and buffering...
- Dissecting the preB?tzinger complex neural network using holographic photolysisJason Worrell; Fiscal Year: 2013..The data obtained here has the potential to provide an extraordinary window into understanding mechanisms of respiratory rhythm. ..
- G-protein regulation of exocytotic transmitter releaseKEVIN P CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will combine carbon fiber amperometry, patch clamp electrophysiology, and flash photolysis of caged compounds, along with novel molecular tools (mutant Gbeta-gamma subunits and inhibitory peptides) to ..
- Dynamics of the Structure-Function Relationship at Single Postsynaptic DensitiesJUSTIN KERR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal combines live-cell fluorescent microscopy with electrophysiology and glutamate photolysis to test whether PSD morphological dynamics regulate synaptic transmission and plasticity and whether individual ..
- Glutamate release and uptake at central synapsesCraig E Jahr; Fiscal Year: 2013..receptors and transporters affect the actions of glutamate released synaptically and applied exogenously by the photolysis of caged glutamate...
- Roles for gliotransmisssion in seizure-related disordersPhilip G Haydon; Fiscal Year: 2010..By integrating two-photon microscopy and photolysis with electrophysiology and inducible cell-specific transgenic animals we will determine the relative roles of ..
- REGULATION OF SYNAPTIC AMINO ACID RECEPTORSLaurence O Trussell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Patch-clamp techniques will be combined with imaging methods and photolysis-based mapping methods to identify circuits formed by cartwheel cells, and work out mechanisms and function of ..
- INFLAMMATORY MECHANISMS IN LUNG VASCULAR SEGMENTSKaushik Parthasarathi; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will determine intercellular calcium increases by our novel photolysis method. We will determine connexin regulation of microvascular function in individual microvascular segments...
- Ethanol sensitivity in delta subunit-containing GABA(A) receptorsMartin Wallner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2 utilizes laser photolysis of chemically caged GABA to map sensitivity to ethanol and to other GABAA receptor modulators on cerebellar ..
- Glial cell regulation of blood flow in the normal and diabetic retinaEric A Newman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Glial cells will be selectively stimulated by photolysis of caged Ca2+ while monitoring blood flow to determine whether these cells evoke vasomotor responses...
- STRUCTURAL MODELS FOR MOLYBDOENZYMESJohn H Enemark; Fiscal Year: 2011..The rates of intramolecular electron transfer between the molybdenum and iron centers of SO will be investigated by flash photolysis and theoretical modeling.
- Neuronal Calcium Dysregulation in Aging and Alzheimer's diseaseGrace E Stutzmann; Fiscal Year: 2012..ces,[unreadable]2[unreadable]photon[unreadable]Ca2+[unreadable]imaging,[unreadable]and[unreadable]flash[unreadable]photolysis[unreadable]of[unreadable]caged[unreadable]compounds[unreadable] from[unreadable]control[unreadable](non[..
- Cellular Mechanisms Regulating VTA Dopamine NeuronsArthur C Riegel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Riegel's immediate goals are to develop an expertise in 2-photon microscopy, spinning confocal microscopy, photolysis, focal electrical stimulation, focal iontophoresis, and experimental models of chronic opioid administration...
- NMDA receptor plasticity in nucleus accumbens spines during cocaine withdrawalGrace E Stutzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..influx will be measured in single spines using patch clamp electrophysiology, 2-photon Ca2+ imaging, and flash photolysis of caged glutamate...
- pH REGULATION IN HEART CELLSKenneth W Spitzer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Flash-photolysis of caged protons will be used to generate regional ncreases in intracellular [H]...
- Ethanol action on glutamate induced pause in dopamine neuronsBrian E Bernier; Fiscal Year: 2010..I will combine this approach with pharmacological techniques as well as flash photolysis of caged compounds and confocal calcium imaging to characterize the effects of ethanol exposure on the cellular ..
- Catalytic Properties of Cytochrome OxidaseDenis Rousseau; Fiscal Year: 2009..In order to identify the catalytic intermediates, new rapid mixing, laser photolysis and freeze trapping techniques will be applied to studies of both the mammalian and the bacterial forms of the ..
- Astrocyte Dysfunction in EpilepsyMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Photolysis of caged Ca 2+ in astrocytes, but not in neurons, was sufficient to trigger local depolarization events...
- Light-enabled identification of the neural substrates for alkylphenol anesthesiaBRIAN PATRICK WEISER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Meta-azi-propofol contains a diazirine moiety that undergoes photolysis when exposed to long wave ultraviolet light (~370 nm) to create a reactive carbene intermediate...
- Design and Characterization of a Single-chain HemoglobinSpencer J Anthony Cahill; Fiscal Year: 2010..the ligand binding and the structures of the mutant hemoglobins, by established spectroscopic methods (photolysis, stopped-flow, 1-D and 2-D 1H-NMR)...
- Development of Neuronal Circuits in the Auditory SystemsKarl Kandler; Fiscal Year: 2013..use whole-cell recordings to characterize the development of synaptic properties and synaptic plasticity, focal photolysis of caged glutamate to map functional connectivity between the MNTB and LSO, and reconstruction and quantitative ..
- Control Mechanisms of Ca2+-Induced Ca2+ ReleaseMichael Fill; Fiscal Year: 2013..This hypothesis is tested using a combination of single RyR2 channel recording, laser flash photolysis, rapid solution changing, Ca2+ spark detection, permeation/flux modeling and intra-SR Ca2+ measurements...
- Synchrotron NRVS and Campus Spectroscopy of Multinuclear Fe Proteins: N2ase, H2asStephen P Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2013..spectroscopies including EPR, FT-IR, and M"ssbauer, both as direct probes and combined with UV-visible photolysis methods...
- Dendritic Integration and Cerebellar Synaptic PlasticitySAMUEL SHENG HUNG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2012..Patterned photolysis of caged neurotransmitters and second messengers will allow spatially complex dendritic activity to be ..
- Measurement of nitric-oxide-modified proteins by cavity ring-down spectroscopyKevin K Lehmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, we propose to design and fabricate an improved cavity ring-down instrument with a sample photolysis interface...
- Mechanistic studies of the GYKI CompoundsLi Niu; Fiscal Year: 2013..To achieve the specific aims, we will carry out a number of experiments, including a laser- pulse photolysis study with the ?s time resolution to investigate the effect of a GYKI compound on the channel-opening rate ..
- Investigation of PAH Photodegradation in SolutionsKrishna L Foster; Fiscal Year: 2010..on the rates of PAH photodegradation in the environment;(3) Manipulate mechanism-specific intermediates during photolysis to elucidate the dominant mechanism for PAH photodegradation in matrices with a range of electron-scavenging ..
- Regulation of Presynaptic Plasticity by Retrograde SignalingSachin Makani; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will test this hypothesis using a combination of electrophysiology and glutamate photolysis. Given the importance of the hippocampus in many forms of learning and memory, this regulation might allow the ..
- Influence of Troponin C on the Rate of Cardiac Muscle RelaxationSvetlana B Tikunova; Fiscal Year: 2010..TnC mutants, possessing dramatically faster or slower Ca2+ dissociation rates, will be induced by rapid laser photolysis of the caged Ca2+ chelator diazo-2...
- Molecular mechanism of redox driven proton pumpsMarian Fabian; Fiscal Year: 2010..The application of optical spectroscopy, electron paramagnetic resonance, rapid freeze-quenching, flash photolysis, stopped-flow, and several biochemical methods will be utilized to achieve these goals...
- Spontaneous activity in the developing cochleaDwight E Bergles; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to use IR/DIC and confocal fluorescence imaging, photolysis, and both whole cell and extracellular recording to investigate the mechanisms underlying spontaneous activity ..
- The neurotransmitter release machinery: a new target general anestheticsBRUCE HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..I will then employ photolysis of caged calcium to more accurately characterize the effects of isoflurane on the release machinery in PC12 ..
- Chemistry of Reactive Intermediates Generated from Benzothiazole Derived Drug CanMichael Novak; Fiscal Year: 2009..make it possible to directly detect and characterize the cations by fast spectroscopic methods after laser flash photolysis, and may make subsequent studies of these cations easier. 3...
- MECHANISMS FOR INTESTINAL BILE ACID TRANSPORTFrederick Wilson; Fiscal Year: 1990..For these studies, isolated ileal cells are exposed to UV light (photolysis) in the presence of a radiolabeled photolabile bile acid derivative...
- SELECTIVE PHOTOCHEMOTHERAPY: DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATIONAllan Oseroff; Fiscal Year: 1991..This approach of "selective carcinoma cell photolysis" (SCCP) shows much higher selectivity for carcinomas than any other technique for photochemotherapy...
- Regulation of Myofibrillogenesis by Calcium SignalingMichael Ferrari; Fiscal Year: 2004..Key temporal and spatial parameters will be examined by localized photolysis of caged calcium. In association with these manipulations...
- RECEPTOR MECHANISMS IN OLFACTIONVINCENT DIONNE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Patch-clamp electrophysiological methods, flash photolysis of caged compounds, calcium imaging, and molecular biological techniques will be used to address several long-..
- ENDOTHELIUM SMOOTH MUSCLE SIGNALLING--CALCIUM AND NOLOTHAR BLATTER; Fiscal Year: 1999..interventions that will distinguish the hypotheses include rapid changes in [Ca2+]i and IP3 as induced by flash photolysis, interference with phosphoinositide metabolism, and pharmacological perturbation of intracellular Ca2+-channels, ..
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PROTEIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONGeorge Hess; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Photolysis generates the neurotransmitter within microseconds, initiating the binding of neurotransmitter to receptors in a ..
- TIME-RESOLVED MAGNETIC CIRCULAR DICHROISMDavid Kliger; Fiscal Year: 2002..The overall program of the functional ligand-rebinding studies is to investigate protein relaxation after ligand photolysis with the goal of understanding how protein structure modulates the reactivity of the heme prosthetic group and ..