Summary: Coating with a metal or alloy by electrolysis.
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Electrodeposition and characterisation of polypyrroles containing sulfonated carbon nanotubesCarol Lynam
ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science, Intelligent Polymer Research Institute, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3487-94. 2007..The potential of this material as a host matrix for biomolecules has been demonstrated by entrapping horse-radish peroxidase directly in the polypyrrole during composite formation...
- Structural study of very thin anodic alumina films on silicon by anodization in citric acid aqueous solutionM Kokonou
IMEL NCSR Demokritos, PO Box 60228, 153 10 Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, Greece
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:454-8. 2005..In both cases the alumina film was compact and amorphous...
- Chronic occupational exposure to hexavalent chromium causes DNA damage in electroplating workersXu Hui Zhang
Hangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Hangzhou 310021, PR China
BMC Public Health 11:224. 2011Occupational exposure to chromium compounds may result in adverse health effects. This study aims to investigate whether low-level hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)) exposure can cause DNA damage in electroplating workers.
- Chromium (VI) induced oxidative damage to DNA: increase of urinary 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine concentrations (8-OHdG) among electroplating workersH W Kuo
Institute of Environmental Health, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Occup Environ Med 60:590-4. 2003To investigate the concentration of urinary 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) among electroplating workers in Taiwan.
- Effect of sulfate reduction activity on biological treatment of hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] contaminated electroplating wastewater under sulfate-rich conditionIn Seop Chang
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, Republic of Korea
Chemosphere 68:218-26. 2007b>Electroplating wastewater (EW) containing heavy metals was treated by a two-stage packed-bed reactor system...
- Characteristics and accumulation of heavy metals in sediments originated from an electroplating plantXiaoshuai Hang
State Key Laboratory of Soil and Sustainable Agriculture, Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 71 Beijing East Road, Nanjing 210008, Jiangsu Province, China
J Hazard Mater 163:922-30. 2009Heavy metals in river water and sediments originated from an electroplating plant in Jiangsu Province of China were studied and analyzed for their environmental impact...
- Removal of chromium (VI) from electroplating wastewater using an anion exchanger derived from rice strawWei Cao
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, PR China
Environ Technol 34:7-14. 2013An anion exchanger from rice straw was used to remove Cr (VI) from synthetic wastewater and electroplating effluent...
- A sandwich HIV p24 amperometric immunosensor based on a direct gold electroplating-modified electrodeLei Zheng
Clinical Laboratory Center, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Molecules 17:5988-6000. 2012..We present herein a new sandwich HIV p24 immunosensor based on directly electroplating an electrode surface with gold nanoparticles using chronoamperometry, which greatly increased the conductivity ..
- Heavy metal contamination and risk assessment in water, paddy soil, and rice around an electroplating plantJie Liu
The Guangxi Key Laboratory of Environmental Engineering, Protection and Assessment, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin, Guangxi 541004, China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 18:1623-32. 2011The objective of this paper is to assess the impact of long-term electroplating industrial activities on heavy metal contamination in agricultural soils and potential health risks for local residents.
- Purification of metal electroplating waste waters using zeolitesE Alvarez-Ayuso
Department of Environmental Geochemistry, IRNASA, CSIC Apto 257, Salamanca E 37071, Spain
Water Res 37:4855-62. 2003..041 mmol/g), appearing, therefore, as most suitable to perform metal waste water purification processes. This mineral showed the same high sorption capacity values when used in the purification of metal electroplating waste waters.
- Ion exchange recovery of Ni(II) from simulated electroplating waste solutions containing anionic ligandsRuey Shin Juang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Yuan Ze University, 135 Yuan Tung Rd, Chung Li 320, Taiwan
J Hazard Mater 128:53-9. 2006..The Na-form of strong-acid Purolite NRW-100 resin was used to recover Ni(II) from a simulated electroplating waste solution containing NiSO4, NH4Cl, NaH2PO4, and citrate...
- Biomonitoring of two types of chromium exposure in an electroplating shopFrancis Pierre
Pollution and Health, INRS, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, 54501, France
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 81:321-9. 2008This study is concerned with two specific chromium (Cr) exposure situations at a hard-process electroplating company. Its aims are to define variations in urinary Cr concentration and to clarify their exposure relationships.
- Telescoping implant prostheses with intraoral luted galvano mesostructures to improve passive fitBjoern Greven
Dental Center for Periodontology, Bundeswehr Hospital Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 98:239-44. 2007..This article describes a technique for the fabrication of telescopic, metal-acrylic resin, implant-supported complete dentures. Precise fit is achieved by intraoral luting of telescopic galvano mesostructures to the framework...
- Multiple heavy metals extraction and recovery from hazardous electroplating sludge waste via ultrasonically enhanced two-stage acid leachingChuncheng Li
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, South China University of Technology, Wushan, Guangzhou 510640, Guangdong, China
J Hazard Mater 178:823-33. 2010..enhanced two-stage acid leaching process on extracting and recovering multiple heavy metals from actual electroplating sludge was studied in lab tests...
- Biosorption of zinc (II) using Spirogyra species from electroplating effluentNarsi Ram Bishnoi
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar 125 001, India
J Environ Biol 26:661-4. 2005..3% to 63.6% with increase in the temperature from 25 degrees C to 35 degrees C but further increase resulted in the decrease in adsorption. Freundlich isotherm was applied and it holds good for the adsorption data...
- Treatment of electroplating wastewater containing Cu2+, Zn2+ and Cr(VI) by electrocoagulationNafaâ Adhoum
Centre Urbain Nord, Departement de Chimie, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologies, B P No 676, 1080 Tunis Cedex, Tunisia
J Hazard Mater 112:207-13. 2004..The process was successfully applied to the treatment of an electroplating wastewater where an effective reduction of (Cu2+, Zn2+ and Cr(VI)) concentrations under legal limits was ..
- Planar zeolite film-based potentiometric gas sensors manufactured by a combined thick-film and electroplating techniqueIsabella Marr
Department of Functional Materials, University of Bayreuth, Bayreuth 95440, Germany
Sensors (Basel) 11:7736-48. 2011..The influence of the zeolite on the sensor response is briefly discussed in the light of studies dealing with zeolites as selectivity-enhancing cover layers...
- Effects of chromic acid exposure on immunological parameters among electroplating workersHsien Wen Kuo
Institute of Environmental Health, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 75:186-90. 2002To investigate the immunological parameters of chromic acid exposure among electroplating workers.
- Adsorption studies on Citrus reticulata (fruit peel of orange): removal and recovery of Ni(II) from electroplating wastewaterM Ajmal
Environmental Research Laboratory, Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, 202 002 UP, Aligarh, India
J Hazard Mater 79:117-31. 2000..83% in column and 76% in batch process, respectively. The spent adsorbent was regenerated and recycled thrice. The removal and recovery was also done in wastewater and was found to be 89% and 93.33%, respectively...
- Identification and leaching characteristics of sludge generated from metal pickling and electroplating industries by Toxicity Characteristics Leaching Procedure (TCLP)Ritesh Vijay
National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur, India
Environ Monit Assess 84:193-202. 2003....
- Variable size and shape distribution of ferroelectric nanoislands by chemical mechanical polishingSven Clemens
Institut für Werkstoffe der Elektrotechnik II, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Small 2:500-2. 2006
- Colossal magnetic anisotropy of monatomic free and deposited platinum nanowiresA Smogunov
Nat Nanotechnol 3:22-5. 2008..Model calculations suggest that the colossal magnetic anisotropy of a Pt chain should persist after weak adsorption on an inert substrate or surface step...
- Highly ordered anodic porous alumina with 13-nm hole intervals using a 2D array of monodisperse nanoparticles as a templateYoshitaka Matsui
Kanagawa Academy of Science and Technology, 5 4 30 Nishi Hashimoto Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 1131, Japan
Small 2:522-5. 2006
- Fabrication of a one-dimensional array of nanopores horizontally aligned on a Si substrateHongguo Zhang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1745-8. 2005..The processes are compatible with the planar silicon integrated circuit processing technology, promising for applications in nanoelectronics. The formation mechanism of a single nanopore array on Si substrates was also discussed...
- Structural engineering of nanoporous anodic aluminium oxide by pulse anodization of aluminiumWoo Lee
Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Weinberg 2, D 06120 Halle, Germany
Nat Nanotechnol 3:234-9. 2008..We use pulse anodization to delaminate a single as-prepared anodic film into a stack of well-defined nanoporous alumina membrane sheets, and also to fabricate novel three-dimensional nanostructures...
- Solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by adsorption of its ion-association complex with cetyltrimethylammoniumbromide on an alumina columnN Rajesh
Department of Chemistry, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani 333031, India
J Hazard Mater 144:464-9. 2007..36 mgCr/g alumina at an initial chromium(VI) concentration of 1 mg L(-1). The validity of the method has been checked by applying it to study the recovery of chromium in spiked water samples and electroplating wastewater.
- Surface modification of metallic cardiovascular stents by strongly adhering aliphatic polyester coatingsChristine Jerome
Center for Education and Research on Macromolecules CERM, Institute of Chemistry, B6, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, B6, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Biomed Mater Res A 76:521-9. 2006..This type of coating can act as an anchoring layer for the subsequent casting of drug-loaded polyester films allowing the controlled release of antiproliferative agents for the treatment of in-stent restenosis...
- Templated synthesis, characterization, and sensing application of macroscopic platinum nanowire network electrodesDonghai Wang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1904-9. 2005..Such macroscopic nanowire network electrodes provide ideal platforms for sensing and other device applications...
- Electric field modulation of infrared absorption at room temperature in electrochemically self assembled quantum dotsY Wang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23284, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:2077-80. 2006..The ability to electrically modulate absorption in these structures can result in inexpensive infrared signal processing devices operating at room temperature...
- Electro-oxidation of methanol on TiO2 nanotube supported platinum electrodesT Maiyalagan
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:2067-71. 2006..The electrocatalytic activity of the platinum catalyst supported on TiO2 nanotubes for methanol oxidation is found to be better than that of the standard commercial E-TEK catalyst...
- Structure and giant magnetoresistance behaviour of Co-Cu/Cu multilayers electrodeposited under various deposition conditionsA Cziraki
Department of Solid State Physics, Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:2000-12. 2006..The contribution of these SPM regions to the total observed giant magnetoresistance was found to be dominating under certain deposition conditions, e.g., for magnetic layer thicknesses less than 1 nm (about 5 monolayers)...
- Chromium removal from electroplating wastewater by coir pithParinda Suksabye
The Joint School of Energy and Environment, King Mongkut s University of Technology Thonburi, 91 Pracha Utit Road, Bangmod, Thungkru, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
J Hazard Mater 141:637-44. 2007..Therefore, this study investigated the use of coir pith in the removal of hexavalent chromium from electroplating wastewater by varying the parameters, such as the system pH, contact time, adsorbent dosage, and temperature...
- Electrodeposition of polypyrrole-multiwalled carbon nanotube-glucose oxidase nanobiocomposite film for the detection of glucoseYu Chen Tsai
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo Kuang Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Biosens Bioelectron 22:495-500. 2006..The amperometric responses of the optimized PPy-cMWNTs-GOx glucose biosensor (1.5 mgmL(-1) GOx, 141 mCcm(-2) total charge) displayed a sensitivity of 95 nAmM(-1), a linear range up to 4mM, and a response time of about 8s...
- A study of nano-mechanical properties and nano-scratch behavior of boron carbonitride filmsShuyan Xu
School of Material Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, P R China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:1441-6. 2006..The increasing of the substrate bias leads to the improvement of the critical load and the elastic deformation proportion...
- Nanoscale surface morphology and monomer concentration dependence on impedance of electrocoated 2,2-dimethyl-3,4-propylene-dioxythiophene on carbon fiber microelectrodeA Sezai Sarac
Department of Chemistry, Istanbul Technical University, Polymer Science and Technology, Maslak, 34469, Istanbul, Turkey
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3543-52. 2007..The electroactivity of Poly 2,2-Dimethyl-3,4-propylenedioxythiophene on the carbon fiber microelectrode open the possibility of using these coated electrodes for electrochemical microsupercapacitors and biosensor electrodes...
- Bioactivity and cytocompatibility of zirconia (ZrO(2)) films fabricated by cathodic arc depositionXuanyong Liu
Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Biomaterials 27:3904-11. 2006..Our results show that ZrO(2) thin films fabricated by cathodic arc deposition exhibit favorable bioactivity and cytocompatibility...
- Self-assembly of copper micro/nanoscale parallel wires by electrodeposition on a silicon substrateMingzhe Zhang
National Laboratory of Surperhard Materials and Institute of Atomic and Molecular Physics, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
Small 2:727-31. 2006
- Defects analysis in self-organized nanopore arrays formed by anodization of aluminium at various temperaturesGrzegorz D Sulka
Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Jagiellonian University, Ingardena 3, 30060 Krakow, Poland
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:3803-11. 2006..The perfect nanopore arrangement on the anodised surface with the smallest number of defects can be obtained at 25 V...
- Local surface charges direct the deposition of carbon nanotubes and fullerenes into nanoscale patternsLivia Seemann
Nanotechnology Group, ETH Zurich, Tannenstrasse 3, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Nano Lett 7:3007-12. 2007..CNTs and fullerenes precisely reproduce the charge patterns, yielding structures with a lateral resolution down to the particle diameter...
- LIBS-an efficient approach for the determination of Cr in industrial wastewaterNilesh K Rai
Laser Spectroscopy Research Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
J Hazard Mater 150:835-8. 2008..This calibration curve has been used for quantification of Cr in wastewater collected from Cr-electroplating industry where the concentration of Cr is found to be 1500 ppm...
- Effect of pre-existing oxide film on the electrochemical fabrication of nanoporous alumina filmJaemin Ryu
Department of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, Incheon 402 751, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:4190-3. 2007..As the thickness of barrier film increases, both nanopore diameter and density decrease but the pore length is irrespective of barrier-film thickness...
- Electrochemical fabrication of SrTiO3 nanowires with nanoporous alumina templateJinwook Kang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, Inchon 402 751, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:4194-7. 2007..Morphology and crystallinity of SrTiO3 nanowires were investigated with scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffractometer and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy...
- Fabrication of mesoporous cerium dioxide films by cathodic electrodepositionYoung Soo Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, 253 Yonghyun Dong, Nam Gu, Incheon 402 751, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:4198-201. 2007..Transmission electron microscopy and small angle X-ray analysis revealed the presence of uniform mesoporosity with a well-ordered lamellar phase in the CeO2 films electrodeposited with CTAB templating...
- Striped alloy nanowire optical reflectance barcodes prepared from a single plating solutionAndrea Bulbarello
Department of Chemical Engineering Biodesign Institute at ASU 1001 S McAllister Ave, P O Box 875801 Tempe, AZ 85287 5801, USA
Small 4:597-600. 2008
- Three-dimensional architecture of inorganic nanoarrays electrodeposited through a surface-layer protein maskDaniel B Allred
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nano Lett 8:1434-8. 2008....
- Textile electrodes as substrates for the electrodeposition of porous ZnOThomas Loewenstein
Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Institut fur Angewandte Physik, Heinrich Buff Ring 16, 35392, Giessen, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 10:1844-7. 2008..Photoelectrochemical characterization of sensitized films revealed the feasibility of the presented approach and indicated further steps needed for electrode optimization...
- Nanoscale microelectrochemical cells on carbon nanotubesXianbo Jin
School of Chemical, Environmental and Mining Engineering, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, UK
Small 3:1513-7. 2007
- Gold nanostructuring on Si substrate by selective electroless depositionT Bhuvana
Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit and DST Unit on Nanoscience, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore 560064, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2063-8. 2007..By varying the durations of dip in the two solutions, various Au nanostructures-islands, cellular networks, and nanowires are obtained...
- An electrodeposition method of calcium phosphate coatings on titanium alloyMarco Antonio Lopez-Heredia
INSERM U791, Laboratory for Osteoarticular and Dental Tissue Engineering, Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Nantes, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44042 Nantes, France
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:381-90. 2007..This study showed that the electrodeposition method is efficient for coating titanium with osteoconductive calcium phosphate layers...
- Adjusting the chlorhexidine content of calcium phosphate coatings by electrochemically assisted co-deposition from aqueous solutionsD Scharnweber
Max Bergmann Center of Biomaterials, Technische Universitat, Dresden, Budapester Str 27, 01069 Dresden, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:391-7. 2007..For high CHD contents, coatings consist of CHD crystals coated by nano-crystalline hydroxyapatite...
- Removal of chromium from electroplating industry effluents by ion exchange resinsSofia A Cavaco
GERSA Group, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Coimbra, Polo II, Street Sílvio Lima, 3030 790 Coimbra, Portugal
J Hazard Mater 144:634-8. 2007Effluent discharged from the chromium electroplating industry contains a large number of metals, including chromium, copper, nickel, zinc, manganese and lead...
- Effects of the density of carboxyl groups in organic compounds on the photocatalytic reduction of Cr(VI) in a TiO2 suspensionSeung Mok Lee
Department of Environmental Engineering, Kwandong University, Yangyang, Korea
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 42:543-8. 2007..When the PCR process was applied in the treatment of real wastewater, an effective Cr(VI) reduction was observed with addition of EDTA...
- Electrodeposition and characterization of CdSe semiconducting nanowiresK Yu-Zhang
Laboratoire de Microscopies et d Etude de Nanostructures, EA 3799, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, B P 1039 51687 Reims, France
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:2022-8. 2008..The luminescent properties of CdSe nanowires have also been studied by means of photoluminescence...
- Solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by adsorption of its diphenylcarbazide complex on an Amberlite XAD-4 resin columnN Rajesh
Chemistry Group, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031, India
J Hazard Mater 150:723-7. 2008..A detection limit of 6 microg L(-1) could be achieved. A preconcentration factor of 27 could be obtained for 400 mL sample volume. The validity of the method was checked in spiked water samples and electroplating wastewater.
- Electrodeposited bismuth telluride nanowire arrays with uniform growth frontsLynn Trahey
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nano Lett 7:2535-9. 2007..The crystalline nanowire arrays are highly oriented in the  direction, which is optimal for thermoelectric applications...
- Titanium oxide nanowires originating from anodically grown nanotubes: the bamboo-splitting modelJae Hoon Lim
Nanomaterials Application Division, Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology KICET, Gasan Dong, Guemcheon Gu, Seoul, Korea
Small 3:1504-7. 2007
- Nanoscale characterization of carbazole-indole copolymers modified carbon fiber surfacesA Sezai Sarac
Istanbul Technical University, Department of Chemistry, Istanbul, Turkey
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1677-82. 2005..3 and 0.9 microm, for two different composition of carbazole/indole on the carbon fiber. The carbon fibers coated with copolymer thin films were from 6.5 to 8.2 microm in diameter (from AFM measurement)...
- Formation characterization of hydroxyapatite on titanium by microarc oxidation and hydrothermal treatmentFu Liu
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, P O Box 405, Harbin 150001, P R China
J Biosci Bioeng 100:100-4. 2005..Its cross section was observed by scanning electron microscopy after being coated with a thin Au film. The surface structures of the films were analyzed by X-ray diffraction...
- Bioactivity of titanium following sodium plasma immersion ion implantation and depositionM F Maitz
Institut für Ionenstrahlphysik und Materialforschung, Forschungszentrum Rossendorf, Dresden
Biomaterials 26:5465-73. 2005..The technique is also particularly useful for the uniform and conforming treatment of medical implants that typically possess an irregular shape and are difficult to treat by conventional ion beam techniques...
- Preparation and characterization of an electrodeposited calcium phosphate coating associated with a calcium alginate matrixR Hurteaux
INSERM ERM 0203, Interfaces Biomatériaux Tissus Hôtes, IFR 53, Universite de Reims, Champagne Ardenne 1, rue du Maréchal Juin, F 51095, Reims Cedex, France
J Mater Sci Mater Med 16:9-13. 2005..These results allowed us to conclude that the association of two techniques, i.e. electrodeposition followed by deposition of a calcium alginate matrix, led to the elaboration of a new biomaterial...
- Treatment of chrome plating wastewater (Cr+6) using activated aluminaSudipta Sarkar
Civil Engineering Department, Bengal Engineering College D U, Howrah 711103
Indian J Environ Health 45:73-82. 2003Suitability of activated alumina for removal of hexavalent chromium from electroplating wastewater has been investigated...
- Dynamic microscopy of nanoscale cluster growth at the solid-liquid interfaceM J Williamson
School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
Nat Mater 2:532-6. 2003..The experimental technique developed here is applicable to a broad range of dynamic phenomena at the solid-liquid interface...
- Hydroxyapatite-coated metals: interfacial reactions during sinteringM Wei
Department of Mettallurgy and Materials Engineering, University of Connecticut, CT, 06269, USA
J Mater Sci Mater Med 16:101-6. 2005....
- Adsorption of Cr(VI) from aqueous and electroplating wastewaterN R Bishnoi
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar 125001, Haryana, India
Environ Technol 25:899-905. 2004..carbon prepared by thermal activation and activated alumina in the removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous solution and electroplating wastewater through column studies...
- An investigation of the effects of hydroxyapatite coatings on the fixation strength of cortical screwsO S Yildirim
Department of Orthopaedic, Faculty of Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Med Eng Phys 27:221-8. 2005..Also from biomechanical and SEM examinations, HA coating by EPD method of cortical screws resulted in extremely improved fixation with reduced risk of loosening problem...
- Ni and Ni/Pt filling inside multiwalled carbon nanotubesManoj K Singh
Physics Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay Mumbai 400 076, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 3:165-70. 2003..The shift, however, is too small and is difficult to explain on the basis of mass difference. HRTEM experiments indicate the presence of Ni3C in the samples dominantly in the interfacial region...
- Treatment of Cr(VI) and phenol by illuminated TiO2Seung Mok Lee
Department of Environmental Engineering, Kwandong University, Yangyang, Korea
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 38:2219-28. 2003..It wasfound that application of photocatalytic reaction by using illuminated TiO2 to treat wastewater containing both Cr(VI) and phenol was possible...
- Synthesis and characterization of extremely uniform Fe-Co-Ni ternary alloy nanowire arraysGaurav Sharma
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, 214 Materials Research Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 4:738-43. 2004..The magnetization easy axis lies along the nanowire length, with an easy axis coercivity of 72 kA/m...
- Preparation and characterization of radioactive Co/188Re stents intended for lung cancer treatment using an electrodeposition methodH Zhang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Med Eng Technol 28:197-204. 2004A procedure for electroplating a Co/(188)Re alloy layer on metal coils (stents) at room temperature was developed...
- Removal of hexavalent chromium using distillery sludgeK Selvaraj
Department of Chemistry, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore 641014, India
Bioresour Technol 89:207-11. 2003..05 [mg/g(L/mg)(n)] and 3.9, respectively. Desorption studies indicated the removal of 82% of the hexavalent chromium. The efficiency of adsorbent towards the removal of chromium was also tested using chromium-plating wastewater...
- Effects of ultrasonic irradiation on the properties of coatings obtained by electroless plating and electro platingF Touyeras
Laboratoire de Chimie des Matériaux et Interfaces, Universite de Franche Comte, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Ultrason Sonochem 12:13-9. 2005..e. metallic deposition on non-conductive substrates and on electroplating on metallic substrates...
- Enhanced photo-catalytic activity of TiO2 films with doped La prepared by micro-plasma oxidation methodXiaohong Wu
Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, PR China
J Hazard Mater 137:192-7. 2006..Also, the improvement was related to the forming of titanium dioxide lattice distortion, which could accept more photoexcitated holes and produce more strong surface free radicals to oxidate adsorptive molecules...
- Controlled porous pattern of anodic aluminum oxide by foils laminate approachGou Jen Wang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Center of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:1004-8. 2006..The porous pattern of AAO can be controlled by a pre-made pattern on the bottom surface. Furthermore, no Aluminum (Al) layer removing process is required in this novel laminate method...
- Preparation and characterization of electrodeposited calcium phosphate/chitosan coating on Ti6Al4V platesJ Wang
IsoTis S A, Prof Bronkhorstlaan 10 D, 3723 MB Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 83:296-301. 2004..01). Considering its economic and simple production, a hybrid calcium phosphate/chitosan coating is thought to be an attractive candidate for future applications...
- Accumulation of chromium (VI) from aqueous solutions using water lilies (Nymphaea spontanea)T P Choo
Division of Chemistry and Biology, School of Arts and Science, Tunku Abdul Rahman College, 53920 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Chemosphere 62:961-7. 2006..using tropical water lilies (Nymphaea spontanea) to remove hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions and electroplating waste. The results show that water lilies are capable of accumulating substantial amount of Cr(VI), up to 2...
- Treatment of electroplating industry effluent using maize cob carbonG Selvakumari
Department of Chemistry, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore 14, TN, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 69:195-202. 2002
- Extraction of chromium(VI) by salting-out with a homogeneous, mixed solvent of water and 2-propanol: a laboratory studySethsiri S Samaratunga
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University, 1 Honjo Machi, Saga 840 8502, Japan
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 15:27-30. 2008Chromium enters into the aquatic environment as a result of effluent discharge from steel works, electroplating, leather tanning industries and chemical industries...
- Anguilla anguilla L. Genotoxic responses after in situ exposure to freshwater wetland (Pateira de Fermentelos, Portugal)V L Maria
Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Environ Int 32:510-5. 2006..of agricultural chemicals such as fertilisers and pesticides, domestic sewage, as well as heavy metals from electroplating industries, results in increased water pollution...
- Toxicity evaluation of sewage sludges in Hong KongJ W Wong
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, China
Environ Int 27:373-80. 2001..High concentration of Ni was found in sludge from Sha Tin that originated mainly from the electroplating industry...
- Whole effluent assessment of industrial wastewater for determination of BAT compliance. Part 2: metal surface treatment industryStefan Gartiser
Hydrotox GmbH, Boetzinger Strasse 29, 79111, Freiburg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:1149-57. 2010..Within the study, the whole effluent assessment approach of OSPAR has been applied for determining persistent toxicity of indirectly discharged wastewater from the metal surface treatment industry...
- Toxicity assessment of heavy metal mixtures by Lemna minor LTea Horvat
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Laboratory for Radioecology, Bijenicka c 54, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Sci Total Environ 384:229-38. 2007The discharge of untreated electroplating wastewaters directly into the environment is a certain source of heavy metals in surface waters...
- Cr(VI) removal from synthetic wastewater using coconut shell charcoal and commercial activated carbon modified with oxidizing agents and/or chitosanSandhya Babel
Environmental Technology Program, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology SIIT, Thammasat University, P O Box 22, Thammasat Rangsit PO, Pathumthani 12121, Thailand
Chemosphere 54:951-67. 2004..and commercial activated carbon (CAC) for Cr(VI) removal is investigated in batch studies using synthetic electroplating wastewater. Both granular adsorbents are made up of coconut shell (Cocos nucifera L...
- Integrated microfluidic device with an electroplated palladium decoupler for more sensitive amperometric detection of the 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine (8-OH-dG) DNA adductAbdulilah A Dawoud
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:245-52. 2007..hybrid device has fully integrated gold microelectrodes covered in situ with palladium nanoparticles using an electroplating technique...
- Bacterial removal of chromium (VI) and (III) in a continuous systemGema Cabrera
Department of Chemical Engineering, Food Technology and Environmental Technologies, University of Cadiz, Puerto Real 11510, Spain
Biodegradation 18:505-13. 2007..acidic medium obtained was employed to solubilize chromium (III) and to reduce chromium (VI) present in a real electroplating waste [30% of chromium (III) and 0.1% of chromium (VI)]. The system enabled the reduction of 92...
- [The modification of different element levels in human blood by occupational cadmium exposure]G Kraus
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 186:95-107. 1988..The cadmium blood levels of the workers from eight factories (cadmium electroplating, cadmium stearate processing and hard soldering) ranged from 1.0 to 23.7 micrograms Cd/l blood (median 4...
- Evaluation of chelating ion-exchange resins for separating Cr(III) from industrial effluentsSofia A Cavaco
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Coimbra, Polo II, 3030 790 Coimbra, Portugal
J Hazard Mater 169:516-23. 2009..were investigated in order to separate Cr(III) from industrial effluents produced in hard and decorative electroplating. Samples of two industrial plants were characterized during a period of about one year and a half in terms of ..
- Nickel carcinogenesisKazimierz S Kasprzak
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Mutat Res 533:67-97. 2003Human exposure to highly nickel-polluted environments, such as those associated with nickel refining, electroplating, and welding, has the potential to produce a variety of pathologic effects...
- Bioconcentration and phytotoxicity of chromium in Eichhornia crassipesKumkum Mishra
Plant Genetic Unit, Botany Department, Lucknow University, Lucknow 226 007, India
J Environ Biol 30:521-6. 2009..e. Tannery industry, Jajmau, Kanpur and Electroplating industry, Scooter India Limited (SIL), Lucknow were determined to assess the toxicity of chromium...
- Activated carbons and low cost adsorbents for remediation of tri- and hexavalent chromium from waterDinesh Mohan
Department of Chemistry, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
J Hazard Mater 137:762-811. 2006..Industrial sources of Cr(VI) include leather tanning, cooling tower blowdown, plating, electroplating, anodizing baths, rinse waters, etc...
- Characterization and composition of heavy metals and persistent organic pollutants in water and estuarine sediments from Gao-ping River, TaiwanRuey An Doong
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, 101, Sec 2, Kuang Fu Road, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Mar Pollut Bull 57:846-57. 2008..When normalized to the principal component analysis (PCA), swinery and electroplating wastewaters were found to be the most important pollution sources for heavy metals...
- (238)U, (234)U, (226)Ra, (210)Po concentrations of bottled mineral waters in Italy and their dose contributionD Desideri
Institute of General Chemistry, Urbino University Carlo Bo, P zza Rinascimento 6, Urbino, Italy
J Environ Radioact 94:86-97. 2007..were determined by alpha spectrometry after their separation from matrix by extraction chromatography and electroplating. (210)Po was measured by alpha spectrometry...
- Removal of Cr(VI) from polluted solutions by electrocoagulation: Modeling of experimental results using artificial neural networkS Aber
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Environmental Protection Research Laboratory, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
J Hazard Mater 171:484-90. 2009..Also in this work, a real electroplating wastewater containing 17.1mg/l Cr(VI) was treated successfully using EC process...
- Reduction of heavy metal contents in liquid effluents by vermicomposts and the use of the metal-enriched vermicomposts in lettuce cultivationC P Jordão
Departamento de Solos, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, 36570 000 Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 98:2800-13. 2007The removal of Cu, Ni and Zn from electroplating effluents by adsorption in cattle manure vermicompost has been discussed. A glass column 38 cm long and 7 cm i.d...
- Occupational toxicology of nickel and nickel compoundsJinshun Zhao
Pathology and Physiology Research Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 28:177-208. 2009..In occupational settings, exposure to nickel and nickel compounds occurs primarily during nickel refining, electroplating, and welding...
- Comparisons of metal leachability for various wastes by extraction and leaching methodsE E Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Chemosphere 45:91-9. 2001..Typical chemical sludges, including the electroplating and dye-stuff sludges, the municipal solid waste incineration bottom ash, the leather debris, and the steel-..
- Chromium accumulation by the hyperaccumulator plant Leersia hexandra SwartzXue hong Zhang
Department of Resources and Environmental Engineering, Guilin University of Technology, Jiangan Road 12, Guilin, Guangxi 541004, PR China
Chemosphere 67:1138-43. 2007..The maximum Cr concentration in the dry leaf matter was 2978 mg kg(-1) on the side of a pond near an electroplating factory. The average concentration of chromium in the leaves was 18...
- Effective self-purification of polynary metal electroplating wastewaters through formation of layered double hydroxidesJi Zhi Zhou
School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Shanghai University, No 333, Nanchen Road, Shanghai 200444, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 44:8884-90. 2010Heavy metal ions (Ni(2+), Zn(2+), and Cr(3+)) can be effectively removed from real polynary metal ions-bearing electroplating wastewaters by a carbonation process, with ∼99% of metal ions removed in most cases...
- Heavy metal accumulation in wheat plant grown in soil amended with industrial sludgeSutapa Bose
School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
Chemosphere 70:1264-72. 2008..Mn, Ni, Cd, Cr, Pb and Fe metals were determined for the roadside sludge collected from pickling-rolling and electroplating industrial area...
- [Mechanisms and enzymatic characters of hexavalent chromium reduction by Bacillus cereus S5.4]Wei Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 29:751-5. 2008A strain of bacteria identified as Bacillus cereus S5.4, which was isolated from the electroplating sludge of Baosteel Corporation, Shanghai, was able to completely reduce 2 mmol/L Cr6+ in LB liquid after 72 hours...
- Ferrate(VI) oxidation of weak-acid dissociable cyanidesRia A Yngard
Chemistry Department, Florida Institute of Technology, 150 West University Boulevard, Melbourne, Florida 32901, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3005-10. 2008Cyanide is commonly found in electroplating, mining, coal gasification, and petroleum refining effluents, which require treatment before being discharged. Cyanide in effluents exists either as free cyanide or as a metal complex...
- Removal of chromium from synthetic plating waste by zero-valent iron and sulfate-reducing bacteriaSaumyen Guha
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Water Environ Res 77:411-6. 2005..of zero-valent iron and sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB) for reduction and removal of chromium from synthetic electroplating waste...
- Catalytic Approach to Treatment of Cyanide PoisoningSIGRIDUR G SUMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is used industrially in tasks such as fumigation, electroplating, and mining, and accidental exposure can be life-threatening...
- Multi-Channel Electrochemical Measurement SystemMartin Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..The system is expected to reduce, by a factor of sixteen, the time and labor required for the electroplating of high-charge capacity electrode material, during the fabrication of recording and stimulation electrodes...
- IMMUNOPATHOGEN. OF OCCUP. DIS. DUE TO REACT. CHEMICALSDavid Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 1991..Exposure to chromic acid resulting in late onset anaphylactoid reaction has been described among electroplating workers...
- EMISSION FACTOR DEVELOPMENT FOR WORKPLACE SOURCESRICHARD WADDEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..of commonly encountered, hazardous, open tank processes: degreasing (both vapor and cold cleaning processes) ; electroplating (chrome and nickel plating); offset printing; and wave soldering...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE BIOSENSOR ELECTRODE MATERIALSMichael Tierney; Fiscal Year: 1999..surface for optimal performance can be modeled using microelectrode ensemble theory, and prototyped via electroplating techniques...
- Label Free Pharmaceutical Anticounterfeiting TechnologyROBERT HAUSHALTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..etching these features to ~100-5000 nm using Deep Reactive Ion Etching (DRIE), a negative mold is made by electroplating (i.e. electroforming) a Ni-Co alloy onto the silicon master...
- High Resolution Collimators for Nuclear MedicineCha Mei Tang; Fiscal Year: 2002..We propose to develop deep x-ray lithography/electroplating method to fabricate collimators...
- INHIBITED ENZYME ELECTRODES FOR DETECTION OF TOXINSJUNGUO ZHAO; Fiscal Year: 1991..Successful enzyme inhibitor detectors have huge commercial potential in many industrial processes such as a detector for cyanide in waste water from the electroplating and metal mining industries.
- COMPUTER SIMULATION OF PUSH-PULL SYSTEMSMichael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 1991..Push-pull systems are frequently used to control worker exposure to carcinogens such as formaldehyde, and hexavalent chromium in the electroplating and semi-conductor industries.
- Chemical Reward Systems for Embodied Cultured NetworksSteve Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005..By embodying the cultured networks, we can bring in-vitro studies of neural plasticity to the behavioral level, and enhance their relevance to addiction mechanisms in vivo. ..
- MULTIELECTRODE & IMAGING ANALYSIS OF CULTURED NETWORKSSteve Potter; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information about how living neural networks function will promote the creation of more human-like computing systems. ..
- Electrodeposited Noble Metal Oxide Nerve ElectrodesStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Conductive Polymer Recording and Stimulation ElectrodesStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODEL FOR ELECTRODE TESTING AND REDUCED ANIMAL USEStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2003..The validity of the inanimate and living models will be evaluated by comparison of electrode function in the in vitro models with that observed under identical test protocols in the chronic cat cortex. ..
- Functionalized Coatings for Enhanced Neural InterfacesStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PACING, SENSING AND DEFIBRILLATION ELECTRODE COATINGSStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The in vivo studies will be done with collaborators at the University of Alabama. [unreadable] [unreadable]..