Genomes and Genes
Summary: Uptake of substances through the SKIN.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Nanoparticles: a closer look at their dermal effectsAdrienne N Choksi
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 9:475-81. 2010..The authors present a review of the therapeutic applications and potential toxicity of nanoparticles relevant to the field of dermatology thus far...
- Transdermal penetration behaviour of drugs: CART-clustering, QSPR and selection of model compoundsBram Baert
Drug Quality and Registration DruQuaR Group, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Bioorg Med Chem 15:6943-55. 2007..The CART and MLR models were subjected to an external validation with a test set of 12 compounds, not included in the original learning set of 104 compounds, to assess the predictive power of the models...
- Enhancement of skin permeation of docetaxel: a novel approach combining microneedle and elastic liposomesYuqin Qiu
Key Laboratory of Photochemical Conversion and Optoelectronic Materials, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100080, China
J Control Release 129:144-50. 2008..These results suggest that the combination of elastic liposomes with microneedle pretreatment can be a useful method to increase skin permeation of drugs with high molecular weight and poor water solubility...
- Sustained ex vivo skin antiseptic activity of chlorhexidine in poly(epsilon-caprolactone) nanocapsule encapsulated form and as a digluconateHassan Lboutounne
Laboratoire de Pharmacotechnie, Biopharmacie et Cosmétologie, Institut des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, 8, avenue Rockefeller, F 69373, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
J Control Release 82:319-34. 2002..Enhancement of drug delivery by mediating a more direct and prolonged contact between the carrier and (i) bacteria, (ii) skin surface, and (iii) skin follicles was assumed...
- Passive skin penetration enhancement and its quantification in vitroK Moser
, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 52:103-12. 2001....
- Topical transport of hydrophilic compounds using water-in-oil nanoemulsionsH Wu
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Pharm 220:63-75. 2001....
- Topical delivery of 5-aminolevulinic acid-encapsulated ethosomes in a hyperproliferative skin animal model using the CLSM technique to evaluate the penetration behaviorYi Ping Fang
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:391-8. 2009..Furthermore, the results of present study encourage more investigations on the mechanism of the interaction with ethosomes and hyperproliferative murine skin...
- Ethosomes for skin delivery of ammonium glycyrrhizinate: in vitro percutaneous permeation through human skin and in vivo anti-inflammatory activity on human volunteersDonatella Paolino
Department of Pharmacobiological Sciences, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Complesso Nini Barbieri, I 88021 Roccelletta di Borgia CZ, Italy
J Control Release 106:99-110. 2005..Some in vivo experiments also showed the ability of ethosome to ensure a skin accumulation and a sustained release of the ammonium glycyrrhizinate...
- Development and evaluation of penciclovir-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for topical deliveryQingzhi Lv
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xilu, Jinan, China
Int J Pharm 372:191-8. 2009..It can be concluded from our study that SLNs provide a good skin targeting effect and may be a promising carrier for topical delivery of penciclovir...
- Microemulsions for topical delivery of estradiolS Peltola
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Int J Pharm 254:99-107. 2003..The superior transdermal flux of estradiol was due to 1500-fold improvement in solubilization of estradiol by microemulsions. The results suggest that microemulsions are potential vehicles for improved topical delivery of estradiol...
- Nanotechnology and the transdermal route: A state of the art review and critical appraisalGregor Cevc
IDEA AG, Frankfurter Ring 193a, 80807 Munich, Germany
J Control Release 141:277-99. 2010..Therapeutic products based on ultra-adaptable, self-regulating, nano-sized (approximately 10(2)nm) carriers are under development. The first one is already approved in Switzerland...
- Particle size of liposomes influences dermal delivery of substances into skinD D Verma
Institut für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Ketzerbach 63, 35037, Marburg, Germany
Int J Pharm 258:141-51. 2003..The results indicated that the CF penetration was inversely related to the size of the liposomes, which was confirmed by the data of the confocal laser scanning microscopy studies...
- Paclitaxel-loaded ethosomes®: potential treatment of squamous cell carcinoma, a malignant transformation of actinic keratosesDonatella Paolino
Department of Health Sciences, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Viale S Venuta, Germaneto, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:102-12. 2012..The results obtained encouraged the use of the paclitaxel-loaded ethosomes® as the formulation for the potential treatment of squamous cell carcinoma, a malignant transformation of actinic keratoses...
- Lack of significant dermal penetration of titanium dioxide from sunscreen formulations containing nano- and submicron-size TiO2 particlesNakissa Sadrieh
Office of Pharmaceutical Science, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993, USA
Toxicol Sci 115:156-66. 2010..At most, the few isolated particles represent a tiny fraction of the total amount of applied TiO(2). These findings indicate that there is no significant penetration of TiO(2) nanoparticles through the intact normal epidermis...
- Formulation and evaluation of curcumin gel for topical applicationNikunjana A Patel
S K Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ganpat University, Gujarat, India
Pharm Dev Technol 14:80-9. 2009..05) whereas this effect was not significantly different for CRB and HPC gels formulations to that of standard (diclofenac gel) formulation (P > 0.05). CRB gel showed better % inhibition of inflammation as compared to HPC gel...
- Ethosomes - novel vesicular carriers for enhanced delivery: characterization and skin penetration propertiesE Touitou
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, POB 12065, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 65:403-18. 2000..Experiments using fluorescent probes and ultracentrifugation showed that the ethosomes had a high entrapment capacity for molecules of various lyophilicities...
- Elastic liposomes mediated transdermal delivery of an anti-hypertensive agent: propranolol hydrochlorideDinesh Mishra
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar MP, 470003 India
J Pharm Sci 96:145-55. 2007....
- Transdermal delivery of insulin using microneedles in vivoWijaya Martanto
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Pharm Res 21:947-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to design and fabricate arrays of solid microneedles and insert them into the skin of diabetic hairless rats for transdermal delivery of insulin to lower blood glucose level...
- Different approaches for improving skin accumulation of topical corticosteroidsTaner Senyiğit
Ege University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Pharm 380:155-60. 2009..It was shown that, the combination of anodal iontophoresis and chemical enhancer (nerolidol) produced no further enhancement for both active agents...
- Processing difficulties and instability of carbohydrate microneedle arraysRyan F Donnelly
Medical Biology Centre, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:1242-54. 2009....
- Comparison of 5-aminolevulinic acid-encapsulated liposome versus ethosome for skin delivery for photodynamic therapyYi Ping Fang
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Int J Pharm 356:144-52. 2008....
- Anti-inflammatory activity of gel containing novel elastic niosomes entrapped with diclofenac diethylammoniumA Manosroi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 360:156-63. 2008..This result has not only demonstrated the enhancement of transdermal absorption through rat skin, but also the in vivo anti-inflammatory effect of DCFD when entrapped in the developed novel elastic Tween 61 niosomes, as well...
- Enhanced bioavailability of exemestane via proliposomes based transdermal deliveryRaju Jukanti
Department of Pharmaceutics, St Peter s Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal 506001, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Pharm Sci 100:3208-22. 2011..The stability data reveal that the formulations are more stable when stored at 4°C. In conclusion, proliposomal gels offer potential and prove to be efficient carriers for improved and sustained transdermal delivery of exemestane...
- Optimization of ibuprofen gel formulations using experimental design technique for enhanced transdermal penetrationYun Seok Rhee
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Cheoncheon dong, Jangan gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi do 440 746, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 364:14-20. 2008..8% and 181.0%. In conclusion, a transdermal ibuprofen gel was formulated successfully using the technique of experimental design and these results helped in finding the optimum formulation for transdermal drug release...
- The in vitro absorption of microfine zinc oxide and titanium dioxide through porcine skinA O Gamer
BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Department of Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, GVT Z 470, Carl Bosch Str 38, D 67056 Ludwigshafen Rhein, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 20:301-7. 2006..Therefore, from the absence of internal exposure we conclude that their use in sunscreens does not pose a health risk...
- Liposome-skin interactions and their effects on the skin permeation of drugsM Kirjavainen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio
Eur J Pharm Sci 7:279-86. 1999....
- Transdermal delivery of hydrocortisone from eucalyptus oil microemulsion: effects of cosurfactantsGamal M El Maghraby
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, P O Box 2457, Saudi Arabia
Int J Pharm 355:285-92. 2008..Ethanol produced the greatest effect followed by propylene glycol and isopropanol. The presence of cosurfactant and its type can thus affect both the phase behavior and the transdermal delivery potential of microemulsion...
- Enhanced bioavailability of lacidipine via microemulsion based transdermal gels: formulation optimization, ex vivo and in vivo characterizationRamesh Gannu
National Facilities in Engineering and Technology with Industrial Collaboration NAFETIC Centre, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int J Pharm 388:231-41. 2010..Microemulsion based transdermal therapeutic system of LCDP was developed and optimized using Box-Behnken statistical design and could provide an effective treatment in the management of hypertension...
- Barrier function and water-holding and transport properties of infant stratum corneum are different from adult and continue to develop through the first year of lifeJaneta Nikolovski
Advanced Technologies, Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products Worldwide, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:1728-36. 2008..The results suggest that although the stratum corneum of infants may appear intact shortly after birth (<1 month), the way it stores and transports water becomes adult-like only after the first year of life...
- Lipid vesicles for skin delivery of drugs: reviewing three decades of researchMustafa M A Elsayed
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, El Khartoum Square, El Azarita, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
Int J Pharm 332:1-16. 2007..Accordingly, this article provides an overview of the development of lipid vesicles for skin delivery of drugs, with special emphasis on recent advances in this field, including the development of deformable liposomes and ethosomes...
- Influence of the delivery systems using a microneedle array on the permeation of a hydrophilic molecule, calceinJae Ho Oh
Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:1040-5. 2008....
- Conjugation of arginine oligomers to cyclosporin A facilitates topical delivery and inhibition of inflammationJ B Rothbard
CellGate, Sunnyvale, California 94086, USA
Nat Med 6:1253-7. 2000..These data establish a general strategy for enhancing delivery of poorly absorbed drugs across tissue barriers and provide a new topical approach to the treatment of inflammatory skin disorders...
- Skin penetration behaviour of liposomes as a function of their compositionA Gillet
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, CIRM, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 79:43-53. 2011..Betamethasone is released from the vesicles after which free drug molecules can diffuse through the stratum corneum and partition into the viable skin tissue...
- Topical drug delivery by a polymeric nanosphere gel: Formulation optimization and in vitro and in vivo skin distribution studiesPriya Batheja
New Jersey Center for Biomaterials and Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, 145 Bevier Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Control Release 149:159-67. 2011..Therefore, tyrosine-derived nanospheres dispersed in gels offer promise for the topical delivery of lipophilic drugs and personal care agents to skin for treatment of cancers, psoriasis, eczema, and microbial infections...
- Microdialysis sampling for investigations of bioavailability and bioequivalence of topically administered drugs: current state and future perspectivesR Holmgaard
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 23:225-43. 2010..e. the commercialization of bioequivalent, generic drug products...
- Enhancement of skin penetration of vitamin K using monoolein-based liquid crystalline systemsLuciana B Lopes
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av do Cafe, S N, 14040 930, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:209-15. 2007..These results demonstrate that the topical delivery of vitK incorporated in a lipophilic vehicle is small, but it may be enhanced by MO-based systems, which might be useful to increase the effectiveness of topical vitK therapy...
- Preparation and the in vitro evaluation of nanoemulsion system for the transdermal delivery of granisetron hydrochlorideWen wu Zheng
Department of Cardiology, People s Hospital of Luzhou, No 61 Zhongxiao Road, Luzhou, Sichuan Province, P R China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1015-9. 2010....
- Effect of permeation enhancers on the iontophoretic transport of metoprolol tartrate and the drug retention in skinAnroop Nair
M M College of Pharmacy, M M University, Mullana, India
Drug Deliv 18:19-25. 2011..This study concludes that the combination of iontophoresis with SLS augmented the metoprolol delivery and rendered skin drug depot, which eventually released over a period of time...
- Poly(amidoamine) dendrimers as skin penetration enhancers: Influence of charge, generation, and concentrationVenkata Vamsi K Venuganti
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota 57007, USA
J Pharm Sci 98:2345-56. 2009..G2-NH(2) dendrimer reduced skin resistance to a greater extent than higher generation dendrimers. Overall, the study showed that lower generation cationic dendrimer is more effective in enhancing the skin permeation of hydrophilic drugs...
- Comparison of stratum corneum penetration and localization of a lipophilic model drug applied in an o/w microemulsion and an amphiphilic creamAlexa Teichmann
Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:699-706. 2007..It was obvious that the microemulsion led to a penetration into the complete follicular infundibula, whereas, following application of the cream, a fluorescence signal was only received from the follicular orifices...
- The role of vehicle-nanoparticle interactions in topical drug deliveryMojgan Moddaresi
Pharmaceutical Science Division, King s College, London 150 Stamford St, London, SE1 9NH, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 400:176-82. 2010....
- Modification of palm kernel oil esters nanoemulsions with hydrocolloid gum for enhanced topical delivery of ibuprofenNorazlinaliza Salim
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 7:4739-47. 2012..The present study investigated the modification of nanoemulsions with different hydrocolloid gums, to enhanced drug delivery of ibuprofen. The in vitro characterization of the initial and modified nanoemulsions was also studied...
- Deformable liposomes and ethosomes: mechanism of enhanced skin deliveryMustafa M A Elsayed
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, El Khartoum Square, El Azarita, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
Int J Pharm 322:60-6. 2006..Regarding ethosomes, results indicated that ketotifen should be incorporated in ethosomal vesicles for optimum skin delivery. Ethosomes were not able to improve skin delivery of non-entrapped ketotifen...
- Tacrolimus-loaded ethosomes: physicochemical characterization and in vivo evaluationGuiling Li
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 82:49-57. 2012..In conclusion, the ethosomal tacrolimus delivery systems may be a promising candidate for topical delivery of tacrolimus in treatment of AD...
- Transdermal drug delivery using disk microneedle rollers in a hairless rat modelHyeong Mi Kim
Department of Dermatology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 51:859-63. 2012..Disk microneedle rollers facilitate the passage of low and high MW substances through the direct perforation of the stratum corneum and dermis, without stimulating dermal nerves...
- Lecithin/chitosan nanoparticles for transdermal delivery of melatoninAnita Hafner
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
J Microencapsul 28:807-15. 2011..It was demonstrated that lecithin/chitosan NPs can be applied to skin cells at concentrations up to 200 µg/mL without inducing plasma membrane damage or cell viability decrease...
- In vitro study of ethosome penetration in human skin and hypertrophic scar tissueZhen Zhang
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Nanomedicine 8:1026-33. 2012..In conclusion, we consider that ethosomes are a highly efficient carrier in HS...
- Liposomes and skin: from drug delivery to model membranesG M El Maghraby
College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, P O Box 2457, Saudi Arabia
Eur J Pharm Sci 34:203-22. 2008..The validity of different types of liposome is considered and traditional skin models are compared to vesicular model membranes for their precision and accuracy as skin membrane mimics...
- Formulation and in vitro evaluation of pentazocine transdermal delivery systemTakayuki Furuishi
Research Unit of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Chiba, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1439-43. 2008..2 microg/cm(2)/h) was achieved when 30% of PTZ was loaded in Duro-Tak 87-9301 with 10% IPM and 5% GEFA-C(8). These results demonstrate the feasibility of a novel narcotic-antagonist analgesic matrix-type TDDS for PTZ...
- SVOC exposure indoors: fresh look at dermal pathwaysC J Weschler
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Indoor Air 22:356-77. 2012....
- Niosomes as carriers for tretinoin. III. A study into the in vitro cutaneous delivery of vesicle-incorporated tretinoinMaria Manconi
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via Ospedale 72, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Int J Pharm 311:11-9. 2006..Moreover, interactions between skin and vesicles seem to depend on physico-chemical properties of the main component of the vesicular bilayer...
- Distribution of sunscreens on skinJ Schulz
R and D Cosmed, Beiersdorf AG, Function 4243, Unnastrasse 48, D 20245, Hamburg, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:S157-63. 2002..Micronised titanium dioxide is solely deposited on the outermost surface of the stratum corneum and cannot be detected in deeper stratum corneum layers, the human epidermis and dermis...
- Preparation and evaluation of quercetin-loaded lecithin-chitosan nanoparticles for topical deliveryQi Tan
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1621-30. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate lecithin-chitosan nanoparticles as a topical delivery system for quercetin...
- The pig as an experimental animal model of percutaneous permeation in man: qualitative and quantitative observations--an overviewG A Simon
Department of Dermatology, UCSF Medical School, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 13:229-34. 2000..Pharmacological and toxicological research on the skin is often based on knowledge of skin absorption and percutaneous permeation...
- Surface charged temoporfin-loaded flexible vesicles: in vitro skin penetration studies and stabilityNina Dragicevic-Curic
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Lessingstrasse 8, 07743 Jena, Germany
Int J Pharm 384:100-8. 2010..In conclusion, mTHPC-loaded cationic flexosomes could be a promising tool for delivering mTHPC to the skin, which would be beneficial for the photodynamic therapy of cutaneous malignant or non-malignant diseases...
- Development, characterization and in vivo evaluation of benzocaine-loaded liposomesPaola Mura
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:86-95. 2007..These results suggest that a suitably developed liposomal formulation of benzocaine can be of actual value for improving its clinical effectiveness in topical anaesthesia...
- Penetration of titanium dioxide microparticles in a sunscreen formulation into the horny layer and the follicular orificeJ Lademann
Dermatological Clinic, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 12:247-56. 1999..The amount of TiO2 found in a given follicle was less than 1% of the applied total amount of sunscreens. A penetration of microparticles into viable skin tissue could not be detected...
- Feasibility of microneedles for percutaneous absorption of insulinYukako Ito
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:82-8. 2006..The wound formed by the administration of microneedle was cured at 72 h after administration. Those results suggest the usefulness of a self-dissolving microneedle for the percutaneous delivery of peptide/protein drugs like insulin...
- Effect of baby swimming and baby lotion on the skin barrier of infants aged 3-6 monthsNatalie Garcia Bartels
Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Science, Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 9:1018-25. 2011..Skin care is important especially in infancy as the skin barrier matures during the first year of life. We studied the effects of baby swimming and baby lotion on the skin barrier function of infants...
- Skin permeation of propranolol from polymeric film containing terpene enhancers for transdermal useChomchan Amnuaikit
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Int J Pharm 289:167-78. 2005..81+/-11.56 and 54.51+/-0.52 microg/cm2/h, respectively...
- Q10-loaded NLC versus nanoemulsions: stability, rheology and in vitro skin permeationVaraporn B Junyaprasert
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Thailand
Int J Pharm 377:207-14. 2009..From in vitro permeation studies, it could be stated that the amount of Q(10) released and occlusiveness were major keys to promote the deep penetration of Q(10) into the skin...
- Laser-engineered dissolving microneedle arrays for transdermal macromolecular drug deliveryKatarzyna Migalska
School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Pharm Res 28:1919-30. 2011..To assess the feasibility of transdermal macromolecule delivery using novel laser-engineered dissolving microneedles (MNs) prepared from aqueous blends of 20% w/w poly(methylvinylether maleic anhydride) (PMVE/MA) in vitro and in vivo...
- The effects of freezing skin on transdermal drug penetration kineticsL A Ahlstrom
School of Veterinary Science, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:456-63. 2007....
- Transdermal delivery of ketoprofen using microemulsionsY S Rhee
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 440-746, Suwon Kyunggi-Do, South Korea
Int J Pharm 228:161-70. 2001..Of the four terpenes used, only limonene resulted in a powerful enhancing activity (3-fold increase over control)...
- A study of microemulsion systems for transdermal delivery of triptolideHuabing Chen
Institute of Materia Medica, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074 Wuhan, China
J Control Release 98:427-36. 2004..025% triptolide revealed the significant skin irritation. The results indicate that the studied microemulsion systems, especially ME6, may be promising vehicles for the transdermal delivery of triptolide...
- Enhancement of transdermal delivery of theophylline using microemulsion vehicleX Zhao
Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, PR China
Int J Pharm 327:58-64. 2006..65-fold higher than that of oral solution administration. These studies showed that microemulsion system of theophylline might be promising vehicles for the transdermal delivery of theophylline...
- Isotretinoin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles with skin targeting for topical deliveryJie Liu
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074 Wuhan, China
Int J Pharm 328:191-5. 2007..The studied IT-SLN showed a good stability. These results indicate that the studied IT-SLN formulation with skin targeting may be a promising carrier for topical delivery of isotretinoin...
- Formulation design of microemulsion for dermal delivery of penciclovirWeiwei Zhu
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Int J Pharm 360:184-90. 2008..5 times that of the commercial cream. The conclusion was that the permeating ability of penciclovir was significantly increased from the microemulsion formulation compared with commercial cream...
- Influence of cholesterol on liposome fluidity by EPR. Relationship with percutaneous absorptionL Coderch
IIQAB, CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034, Barcelona, Spain
J Control Release 68:85-95. 2000..Therefore, a penetration mechanism of the vesicles into the skin, based on the incorporation of lipids into the skin lipids and on fluidity behaviour, is suggested...
- Elastic liposomes for skin delivery of dipotassium glycyrrhizinateM Trotta
Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita di Tornio, via P Giuria 9, 10125 Turin, Italy
Int J Pharm 241:319-27. 2002..The skin fluxes were less than the HPLC detection limit for all systems, while skin deposition increased 4.5-fold compared with aqueous solutions when KG was formulated in liposomes...
- Liposome surface charge influence on skin penetration behaviourA Gillet
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, CIRM, University of Liege, CHU, Tour 4, Bat B36, 1 Avenue de l Hopital, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Int J Pharm 411:223-31. 2011..This study showed the potential of negatively charged liposomes to enhance the skin penetration of betamethasone and betamethasone dipropionate...
- Vesicular carriers for dermal drug deliveryChiara Sinico
University of Cagliari, Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, 09124 Cagliari Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 6:813-25. 2009..A review of vesicle value in localizing drugs within the skin at the site of action will be provided with emphasis on their potential mechanism of action...
- In vitro permeation and in vivo whitening effect of topical hesperetin microemulsion delivery systemYi Hung Tsai
Faculty of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, 100 Shih Chuan 1st Road, Kaohsiung City 80708, Taiwan
Int J Pharm 388:257-62. 2010....
- Comparative study of the skin penetration of protein transduction domains and a conjugated peptideLuciana B Lopes
Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Pharm Res 22:750-7. 2005..The results with YARA were compared to those of a well-known PTD (TAT) and a control, nontransducing peptide (YKAc). The combined action of PTDs and lipid penetration enhancers was also tested...
- The mismeasure of dermal absorptionJohn C Kissel
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, 4225 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 21:302-9. 2011..Skin surface sampling at low N(DERM) is unlikely to provide an appropriate measure of potential dermal dose due to depletion, whereas dermal toxicity testing at high N(DERM) is unlikely to show dose dependence due to saturation...
- Non-invasive vaccine delivery in transfersomes, niosomes and liposomes: a comparative studyPrem N Gupta
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Harisingh Gour University, Sagar 470003, MP, India
Int J Pharm 293:73-82. 2005..In comparison to transfersomes, niosomes and liposomes elicited weaker immune response. Thus transfersomes hold promise for effective non-invasive topical delivery of antigen(s)...
- New microemulsion vehicle facilitates percutaneous penetration in vitro and cutaneous drug bioavailability in vivoAmnon C Sintov
The Institutes for Applied Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Control Release 95:173-83. 2004..water) or patches compared to those measured after application of EMLA cream. It has been suggested, therefore, that these microemulsions loaded with lidocaine would provide adequate analgesia in relatively shorter periods of time...
- Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) and nanostructured lipid carriers (NLC) in cosmetic and dermatological preparationsR H Muller
PharmaSol GmbH, Blohmstrasse 66a, 12307, Berlin, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:S131-55. 2002..Production issues also include clinical batch production, large scale production and regulatory aspects (e. g. status of excipients or proof of physical stability)...
- 3-Hydroxybenzo(a)pyrene as a biomarker of dermal exposure to benzo(a)pyreneJean Paul Payan
Institut National de Recherche et de Securite, Vandoeuvre, France
Arch Toxicol 83:873-83. 2009..Conversely, BaP was largely lower metabolised as 3-OHBaP during percutaneous absorption by humans, so BaP absorption flux should be overestimated to a lesser extent in humans than in rats...
- The skin barrier and use of moisturizers in atopic dermatitisMarie Lodén
Research and Development Department, ACO Hud, Sweden
Clin Dermatol 21:145-57. 2003
- Microemulsion-based hydrogel formulation of penciclovir for topical deliveryWeiwei Zhu
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xilu, Jinan 250012, China
Int J Pharm 378:152-8. 2009..It can be concluded that the MBH could be a promising vehicle for topical delivery of penciclovir...
- Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN/Lipopearls)--a pharmaceutical and cosmetic carrier for the application of vitamin E in dermal productsA Dingler
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, Free University of Berlin, Germany
J Microencapsul 16:751-67. 1999....
- In vivo methods for the assessment of topical drug bioavailabilityChristophe Herkenne
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva 4, Switzerland
Pharm Res 25:87-103. 2008..Other less developed techniques, including the skin biopsy, suction blister, follicle removal and confocal Raman spectroscopy techniques are also described...
- Microporation applications for enhancing drug deliveryAjay K Banga
Mercer University, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 6:343-54. 2009..Bioavailability considerations and the potential use of inexpensive coated microneedles for mass immunizations are also discussed...
- Lecithin microemulsions for the topical administration of ketoprofen: percutaneous adsorption through human skin and in vivo human skin tolerabilityDonatella Paolino
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, I 95125 Catania, Italy
Int J Pharm 244:21-31. 2002..The human skin tolerability of various microemulsion formulations was evaluated on human volunteers. Microemulsions showed a good human skin tolerability...
- Transdermal delivery of a pineal hormone: melatonin via elastic liposomesVaibhav Dubey
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, MP 470003, India
Biomaterials 27:3491-6. 2006..005). Our result suggests the feasibility of elastic liposomal system for transdermal delivery of melatonin thereby eliminating the limitations of long lag time and poor skin permeation associated with the drug...
- Lipid nanoparticles for skin penetration enhancement-correlation to drug localization within the particle matrix as determined by fluorescence and parelectric spectroscopyS Lombardi Borgia
Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 110:151-63. 2005..Therefore, drug targeting appears to be more strictly related to the mode of interaction of drug and particle than penetration enhancement...
- Occlusion effect on transcutaneous NSAID delivery from conventional and carrier-based formulationsGregor Cevc
IDEA AG, Frankfurter Ring 193a, D 80807 Munich, Germany, EU
Int J Pharm 359:190-7. 2008..Compared with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) for local usage, Diractin is thus evidently well differentiated and innovative...
- Iontophoresis-mediated transdermal permeation of peptide dendrimers across human epidermisS Mutalik
Department of Pharmaceutics, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 26:127-38. 2013..The overall aim of the present work was to elucidate the effects of iontophoresis on assisting permeation/deposition of peptide dendrimers across/within human skin...
- Kinetics of finite dose absorption through skin 2: volatile compoundsGerald B Kasting
College of Pharmacy, The University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Ohio, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:268-80. 2006..Limiting behavior for the case of a highly volatile solvent applied to skin is discussed. A companion paper discusses the application of the model to the absorption and evaporation of benzyl alcohol from human skin in vitro...
- Dermal absorption of finite doses of volatile compoundsH Frederick Frasch
Health Effects Laboratory, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Pharm Sci 101:2616-9. 2012..The result may be useful for dermal risk assessment as well as in the evaluation of cosmetic and pharmaceutical product performance...
- Enhanced bioavailability of buspirone from reservoir-based transdermal therapeutic system, optimization of formulation employing Box-Behnken statistical designRamesh Gannu
National Facilities in Engineering and Technology with Industrial Collaboration Centre, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:976-85. 2010..Reservoir-based TTS for BUSP was developed and optimized using Box-Behnken statistical design and could provide an effective treatment in the management of anxiety...
- Absorption of [14C]-tetrabromodiphenyl ether (TeBDE) through human and rat skin in vitroClive S Roper
Charles River Laboratories, Tranent, Edinburgh, Scotland
Drug Chem Toxicol 29:289-301. 2006..Consequently, based on the toxicological profile of these materials, the potential for undesirable effects is also quite low. The results also confirm that the rat is a conservative model overpredicting human absorption about eight fold...
- Solubility and in vitro transdermal diffusion of riboflavin assisted by PAMAM dendrimersA Filipowicz
Department of Cosmetology, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów, 2 Sucharskiego Str, 35 225 Rzeszów, Poland
Int J Pharm 408:152-6. 2011..On the other hand the G2 was the best permeation enhancer for B₂. The water soluble PAMAM dendrimers G2 and G3 can be successfully applied in cosmetic and dermatologic emulsions for this weakly water soluble vitamin...
- Lack of promoting effect of titanium dioxide particles on chemically-induced skin carcinogenesis in rats and miceYoko Sagawa
Department of Geriatric and Environmental Dermatology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 37:317-27. 2012..Our results indicate that treatment with sTiO(2) or ncTiO(2) did not promote skin carcinogenesis in mice or rats, probably due to lack of penetration through the epidermis...
- Controlled transdermal delivery of model drug compounds by MEMS microneedle arrayYu Xie
Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Nanomedicine 1:184-90. 2005..This will provide a possible way for the transdermal delivery of macromolecular therapeutic agents such as proteins and vaccines...
- Fungicidal activity plus reservoir effect allow short treatment courses with terbinafine in tinea pedisM Schafer-Korting
Department of Pharmacy Pharmacology and Toxicology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 21:203-10. 2008..Thus, we conclude that the high efficacy of short-term treatment with terbinafine in patients with tinea pedis is possible due to its fungicidal activity coupled with a distinct reservoir formation in the upper layers of the epidermis...
- Differential stripping demonstrates a significant reduction of the hair follicle reservoir in vitro compared to in vivoAlexa Patzelt
Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:234-8. 2008..It can thus be assumed that excised skin models are suitable for penetration studies only to a limited extent, as follicular penetration is greatly diminished due to the contraction of the elastic fibres of the skin...
- A skin permeability model of insulin in the presence of chemical penetration enhancerK M Yerramsetty
423 Engineering North, School of Chemical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, United States
Int J Pharm 388:13-23. 2010..The results suggest, molecules with low dipoles that are capable of forming intermolecular bonds with skin lipid bi-layers show promise as effective insulin-specific CPEs...
- The role of hair follicles in the percutaneous absorption of caffeineNina Otberg
Center of Experimental and Applied Cutaneous Physiology, Department of Dermatology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:488-92. 2008..Occlusion  and skin thickness  seem to have little influence on the penetration of caffeine. However, percutaneous absorption rates for caffeine exhibit regional skin differences in humans in vivo...
- Influence of hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin on transdermal penetration and photostability of avobenzoneJing Yang
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:605-12. 2008..This work indicates that inclusion of HPCD in sunscreen formulations may enhance photoprotection by reducing both skin penetration and photodecomposition of UV absorbers...
- DERMAL ABSORPTION OF CHEMICALS FROM LIQUID MIXTURESAnnette Bunge; Fiscal Year: 2006..Unfortunately, the present identification of chemicals as skin absorption hazards is inconsistent, poorly documented, and qualitative...
- Ethnic Variation in CAM Use and Health Self Management among Rural Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- African American Men Prostate & Colorectal Cancer BeliefThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2007..A preliminary framework of the intervention strategy for this R01 application will be developed and evaluated as part of this project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Electroporation and transcutaneous extraction of drugsSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further we also plan to correlate the time course of unbound ciprofloxacin in dermal ECF with that in synovial fluid determined by microdialysis in rat. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEALTH AND SOCIOECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES OF NSBRICarrie Redlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information is critical for the development of interventions to prevent and/or ameliorate the adverse consequences of NSBRI. ..
- A 3D mini-testis model for reproductive toxicity testingXiaozhong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..toxicity testing Project Summary Occupational exposure to reproductive toxicants occurs via inhalation, skin absorption, or ingestion...
- Development of Topical Neuroinflammatory InhibitorsMANDIP SACHDEVA; Fiscal Year: 2005..The stable formulations will be optimized by ex vivo skin absorption and distribution studies in hairless mouse skin using Franz diffusion cells and; Aim #3) To determine the ..
- From Nanoparticles to Novel Protective GarmentsShyamala Rajagopalan; Fiscal Year: 2004..to guard against the effects of toxic or corrosive products that could enter the body through inhalation or skin absorption, causing adverse effects...
- IRRADIANCE AND PHOTOBLEACHING METRICS IN ALA PDTAllan Oseroff; Fiscal Year: 2002..Efficient PDT will have a high photobleaching rate. The oxy/deoxy hemoglobin ratio, obtained from skin absorption measurements, provides an independent measure of the extent of photodynamic oxygen depletion as well as ..
- PERMEATION OF GLOVE MATERIALS BY ORGANIC SOLIDSJames Hardy; Fiscal Year: 1990The exposure of unprotected hands to solid organic chemicals can result in various injuries via skin absorption of the compound...
- Novel Inhibitors of Chemical Absorption Through SkinJoseph Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2002..The selection of an effective skin permeation retarder will be based upon its ability to reduce the skin absorption of a variety of hazardous materials, be substantive to skin such that it will be active for prolonged periods ..
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cutaneous Gene Therapy with Ultrasound: DNA VaccinationSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Using an in vitro model, Epiderm, and in vivo mouse model, assess safety of skin exposure to low-frequency ultrasound. ..
- A Novel and Non-Invasive Method of Dermal SamplingSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- 2003 Barrier Function of Mammalian Skin Gordon MeetingGerald Kasting; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will hopefully lead to immediate, practical consequences for patients with skin and other disorders as well as to new insights into the origin and maintenance of mammalian barrier function. ..
- 2005 GRC on Barrier Function of Mammalian SkinGerald Kasting; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Differences in CAM Use Among Minority Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Comparative In Vivo Biodistribution of Characterized Manufactured NanomaterialsNancy A Monteiro Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2010..These coordinated studies will provide data to link physical chemical characterizations to in vivo MNM disposition. ..
- Dermatopharmacokinetics: In Vivo Analysis of SolventsKarla Thrall; Fiscal Year: 2005..To evaluate the kinetics and dermal bioavailability of ethylbenzene, styrene, and toluene vapor using F344 rats. ..
- Farmwoker Environmental Health Research Comparable DataThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of limiting the size of the conference is to facilitate active interaction, discussion and debate among leaders in the field. ..
- Casa A Campo: Pesticide Safety for Farmworkers' FamiliesThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Community-Based Participatory Approach to Farmworker Housing, Exposures & HealthThomas A Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Dermal Exposure to 1,6-Hexamethylene DiisocyanateLeena Nylander French; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Skin Bioengineering: Noninvasive Transdermal MonitoringRichard Guy; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this project aims to evaluate iontophoretic bioengineering technology in vivo in man; specifically, applications with respect to clinical chemistry and therapeutic drug monitoring are foreseen. ..
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our best performing polymer-DNA formulations, identified in aims one and two, wilt be assayed in vivo in mice for 1) delivery efficiency, 2) specificity and biodistribution, and 3) complement activation and initial safety profile. ..
- Improving Contraceptive Effectiveness in Obese WomenAlison B Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Optimizing Pain Treatment in the Preterm InfantJohn van den Anker; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of the proposed investigation is to improve the use of morphine in critically ill premature neonates. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Contraceptive efficacy and body weight: Does obesity affect the risk of failure?Alison Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascularization of engineered cardiac tissueRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The vascularized constructs will be implanted and examined for integration with the host vasculature. We hypothesize that the vessel network created in vitro will promote the vascularization of the tissue in vivo. ..
- MULTIVALENT VACCINE FOR LYMPHATIC FILARIASISRamaswamy Kalyanasundaram; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies are based on solid preliminary data and are hypotheses driven. Results from these studies, we believe will advance our knowledge towards developing a defined vaccine against lymphatic filariasis in the human. ..
- Acne Vaccines Targeting a Surface Sialidase and a Secreted CAMP Factor ToxinChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of this proposal is to develop systemically effective acne vaccines that can specifically suppress P. acnes-induced skin inflammation without disturbing the balance of skin flora. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 WESTERN ARGICULTURAL CONFERENCERichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Secretomes captured in vivo via ultrafiltration probesChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that using CUF probes/Mass spectrometry will be a powerful tool which can be applied to other animal models and other human diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antimicrobial Lipids within the Oral CavityPHILIP WESLEY WERTZ; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Methylphenidate-Ethanol Interactions in ADHD and Co-abuseKENNERLY SEXTON PATRICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..For instance, ETOH induced elevation of plasma MPH may predispose a patient to cardiovascular accidents in the absence of informed treatment interventions. ..
- Immunological Secretomes of the Early Anthrax InfectionChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..This protein will thus serve as a positive control to evaluate novel antigens identified in the proposed studies. ..
- Smokers and PREPs: Measurement of Inhaled and Exhaled Tobacco Smoke ParticulateSydney Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Optimizing the Use of Morphine in Preterm InfantsJohn van den Anker; Fiscal Year: 2009..To develop a population PK/PD model of morphine dosing based on gestational age, postnatal age, glomerular filtration rate, and genetic variability in the UGT2B7, mu-opioid receptor and COMT genes. ..
- Targeted antigen delivery for cancer immunotherapyShoshana Frankenburg; Fiscal Year: 2007..one could treat a much larger number of patients, with the potential to clinically evaluate new antigens and immunotherapeutic modalities, improving the life quality and expectancy of metastatic melanoma patients [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anthrax vaccination by targeting spore germinationChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..This unprecedented study will elicit the pathological mechanisms and vaccination capabilities of immune inhibitor A and camelysin expressed in Bacillus anthracis. ..
- Inductively Coupled Plasma- Mass SpectrometerSHANE QUE HEE; Fiscal Year: 2003..A team of researchers has been assembled whose research needs for elemental analyses are in the broad areas of environmental health, nutrition, biomedical and behavioral research. ..
- MICROCHIP DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NanobioReactor for monitoring small cell populationsAles Prokop; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITORS FROM SHARK CARTILAGERobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2003..After screening in the in vitro assays mentioned above, potential anti-angiogenic activity from shark cartilage will be assayed in vivo using the chick chonoallantoic assay and the rabbit corneal pocket assay. ..
- PERMEATION OF IRRITANT MIXTURES THRU PROTECTIVE MATERIALSHANE QUE HEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..The relationship of the fundamental independent variables to the kinetic parameters of permeation and to the Corrositex rating as the index of irritation will be determined and compared. ..
- Conference-International Society of Exposure AnalysisJohn Kissel; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPTICAL ASSESSMENT OF DERMAL EXPOSURE AND ABSORPTIONRichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long-term objectives of this research are to develop robust DNA stabilization methods to meet the pharmaceutical requirements for controlled release gene delivery systems. ..
- Ultrasound Polymeric Drug DeliveryRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Mathematical modeling of transdermal transport during LFS: Specifically, develop mathematical models to quantitatively predict the effect of ultrasound on transdermal transport and skin barrier recovery after sonophoresis. ..
- HOST IMMUNOMODULATION BY PARASITESRamaswamy Kalyanasundaram; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the findings from these studies we believe might help improve per-cutaneous vaccination against this disease using defined candidate vaccine antigens against schistosomiasis. ..
- Nasal Delivery of Naltrexone for Treatment of AlcoholismDaniel Wermeling; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this work is to develop and commercialize nasal delivered NTX for the treatment of alcoholism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PTH (7-34) for Chemotherapy alopecia in Breast CancerMichael Holick; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- On-line, Near-infrared Urea Sensor for HemodialysisJONATHON OLESBERG; Fiscal Year: 2006..Calibration models will be generated for urea and other analytes. Sensor operation will then be validated in the clinical setting. ..
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN DMichael Holick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this study should provide important new insights into the photoproduction of toxisterols and suprasterols in human skin and provide new information about their potential biologic functions in the skin. ..
- Changes in the Skin Induced by Alcohol ConsumptionRhonda Brand; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work has important implications for the health and treatment for the millions of people who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol and who may be knowingly or unknowingly exposed to potentially toxic chemicals. ..
- Isocyanate Exposure Intervention Study in Body ShopsYoucheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Methylphenidate-Ethanol Interaction in ADHD and CoabuseKennerly Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., dextroamphetamine vs. MPH; dI-MPH vs. d-MPH; immediate-release MPH vs. extended-release MPH; or adjustment of MPH. ..
- Mechanisms of Cutaneous Drug ReactionsCRAIG SVENSSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, they should enable us to develop in vitro screening tests that will permit the pre-clinical identification of drugs likely to pose a significant risk for the development of such reactions. ..