Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chemistry that deals with the composition and preparation of substances used in treatment of patients or diagnostic studies. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- Lyophilization and development of solid protein pharmaceuticalsW Wang
Biotechnology, Bayer Corporation, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94701, USA
Int J Pharm 203:1-60. 2000....
- Technological and biological evaluation of tablets containing different strains of lactobacilli for vaginal administrationL Maggi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:389-95. 2000..A larger batch of tablets made with a mixture of the three strains was then evaluated, confirming the feasibility of their industrial production and a good bacterial viability in the final dosage form...
- The effect of formulation excipients on protein stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of a recombinant humanized anti-IgE monoclonal antibodyJ D Andya
Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Pharm Res 16:350-8. 1999..To study the effect of trehalose, lactose, and mannitol on the biochemical stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of an anti-IgE humanized monoclonal antibody...
- Modeling and comparison of dissolution profilesP Costa
Serviço de Tecnologia Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto Rua Aníbal Cunha, 164, 4050 047, Porto, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Sci 13:123-33. 2001....
- Shaken, not stirred: mechanical stress testing of an IgG1 antibodySylvia Kiese
Formulation R and D Biologics, Pharmaceutical and Analytical R and D, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
J Pharm Sci 97:4347-66. 2008..An array of analytical methods was essential in order to cover the vast aggregate morphologies, which occurred during agitation...
- Smart polymer based delivery systems for peptides and proteinsKhaled Al-Tahami
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul 1:65-71. 2007..The advantage, disadvantages, possibilities, and limitations of each of the smart polymer systems have been discussed...
- A novel controlled release formulation for the anticancer drug paclitaxel (Taxol): PLGA nanoparticles containing vitamin E TPGSL Mu
Division of Bioengineering, The National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, 117576, Singapore, Singapore
J Control Release 86:33-48. 2003..Nanoparticles of nanometer size with narrow distribution can be obtained. A drug encapsulation efficiency as high as 100% can be achieved and the release kinetics can be controlled...
- Development of a controlled release formulation based on SLN and NLC for topical clotrimazole deliveryE B Souto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, Free University of Berlin, Kelchstr 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 278:71-7. 2004..For all tested formulations the entrapment efficiency was higher than 50%. The obtained results also demonstrate the use of these lipid nanoparticles as modified release formulations for lipophilic drugs over a period of 10 h...
- Niosomes as carriers for tretinoin. III. A study into the in vitro cutaneous delivery of vesicle-incorporated tretinoinMaria Manconi
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Via Ospedale 72, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Int J Pharm 311:11-9. 2006..Moreover, interactions between skin and vesicles seem to depend on physico-chemical properties of the main component of the vesicular bilayer...
- Real-time reverse transcription-PCR quantification of cytokine mRNA expression in golden Syrian hamster infected with Leishmania infantum and treated with a new amphotericin B formulationS Rama Iñiguez
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Plaza de Ramón y Cajal s n, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1195-201. 2006..infantum-infected Syrian hamsters with highly effective nontoxic doses of AMB-HSA causes deactivation of the anti-inflammatory cytokine TGF-beta, which in turn results in up-regulation of the Th1 cytokines IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha...
- SolEmuls-novel technology for the formulation of i.v. emulsions with poorly soluble drugsR H Muller
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biotechnology and Quality Management, Free University Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 269:293-302. 2004..Both dispersion types are i.v. injectable opening the opportunity to deliver the drug in a concentrated form at desired low injection volume, e.g. 10 mg/ml...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile of new biosimilar filgrastim XM02 equivalent to marketed filgrastim Neupogen: single-blind, randomized, crossover trialHeinz Lubenau
BioGeneriX AG, Mannheim, Germany
BioDrugs 23:43-51. 2009..This study was conducted to compare the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics of the new biosimilar filgrastim XM02 with the marketed filgrastim (Neupogen)...
- Structure-activity relationship of chemical penetration enhancers in transdermal drug deliveryN Kanikkannan
College of Pharmacy, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Curr Med Chem 7:593-608. 2000..Our review also discusses the various factors to be considered in the selection of an appropriate penetration enhancer for the development of transdermal delivery systems...
- Formulation and characterization of spray-dried powders containing nanoparticles for aerosol delivery to the lungJeffrey O H Sham
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alta, Canada T6G 1Z2
Int J Pharm 269:457-67. 2004..This opens the way for new drug-targeting strategies using nanoparticles for pulmonary delivery of drugs and diagnostics...
- Chitosan nanoparticles for plasmid DNA delivery: effect of chitosan molecular structure on formulation and release characteristicsAsuman Bozkir
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Drug Deliv 11:107-12. 2004..05). According to the results, we suggest nanoparticles have the potential to be used as a transfer vector in further studies...
- Effects of ethanol/l-menthol on the dynamics and partitioning of spin-labeled lipids in the stratum corneumJorge Luiz Vieira dos Anjos
Instituto de Fisica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:406-12. 2007..Altogether, these findings suggest that the L-menthol stabilizes mainly in the central region of stratum corneum membranes attracting the membrane lipids and causing hydrogen bond ruptures in the polar membrane interface...
- Preparation and characterization of polymeric micelles for solubilization of poorly soluble anticancer drugsZerrin Sezgin
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Ankara University, Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 64:261-8. 2006..These results showed that besides their solubilizing effects, polymeric micelles could be useful as novel drug carriers for hydrophobic drugs...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of ABI-007, a Cremophor-free, protein-stabilized, nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxelNuhad K Ibrahim
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1038-44. 2002..This Phase I study examines the toxicity profile, maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetics of ABI-007...
- Nanosized cationic hydrogels for drug delivery: preparation, properties and interactions with cellsSerguei V Vinogradov
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:135-47. 2002..This delivery system has a potential of enhancing oral and brain bioavailability of oligonucleotides as demonstrated using polarized epithelial and brain microvessel endothelial cell monolayers...
- Microparticle formation and its mechanism in single and double emulsion solvent evaporationIosif Daniel Rosca
Department of Polymer Science, Faculty of Industrial Chemistry, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Calea Victoriei, 149, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania
J Control Release 99:271-80. 2004..Through these holes, the encapsulated substance is further partitioning with the external aqueous phase during solvent evaporation and contributes to the initial burst release during the application...
- Two galactomannans and scleroglucan as matrices for drug delivery: preparation and release studiesTommasina Coviello
Department of Chemistry and Technology of Biologically Active Compounds, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:200-9. 2007..Good agreement was found between the simulated and the experimental data...
- Freeze-drying of nanoparticles: formulation, process and storage considerationsWassim Abdelwahed
Laboratoire d Automatique et de Génie des Procédés LAGEP UMR CNRS 5007 CPE Lyon, ISPB, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43, Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:1688-713. 2006....
- Polymeric micelles to deliver photosensitizers for photodynamic therapyCornelus F van Nostrum
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:9-16. 2004..This paper reviews the results obtained so far, including drug loading, biodistribution studies, and therapeutic efficiency. The pH-sensitive micelles appear to be promising candidates for photosensitizer delivery...
- Liposomes and disaccharides as carriers in spray-dried powder formulations of superoxide dismutaseYu Li Lo
Department of Pharmacy, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan Hsien, 717, Taiwan, ROC
J Control Release 94:259-72. 2004..Spray drying has been demonstrated to be a feasible process to preserve the activity of SOD in the formulation of DPPC liposomes with sucrose...
- The effect of spray drying solutions of bendroflumethiazide/polyethylene glycol on the physicochemical properties of the resultant materialsDeirdre O Corrigan
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Int J Pharm 262:125-37. 2003..DSC results were consistent with BFMT/PEG forming a eutectic combination rather than a monotectic system...
- Comparison of topological, shape, and docking methods in virtual screeningGeorgia B McGaughey
Department of Molecular Systems, WP53F 301, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Chem Inf Model 47:1504-19. 2007..Results for all virtual screening methods are database dependent and can vary greatly for particular targets...
- Influence of the solvent composition on the aerosol synthesis of pharmaceutical polymer nanoparticlesJanne Raula
Center for New Materials, Helsinki University of Technology, PO Box 1602, FIN 02044 VTT, Finland
Int J Pharm 284:13-21. 2004..The particle morphology as detected by SEM did not change when 10 wt.% of ketoprofen was added to the precursor solution...
- Sustained release of insulin from sodium hyaluronate based dry powder formulations after pulmonary delivery to beagle dogsK Surendrakumar
Elan Drug Delivery Limited, 1 Mere Way, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JS, UK
J Control Release 91:385-94. 2003..Our results demonstrate the potential of HA-based dry powder drug delivery systems in the pulmonary controlled release of insulin...
- Effect of cationic lipid and matrix lipid composition on solid lipid nanoparticle-mediated gene transferKerstin Tabatt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biopharmacy and Biotechnology, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 57:155-62. 2004..These results indicate that well tolerated and highly efficient in vitro transfection could be achieved with SLN whenever selecting good combinations of two-tailed cationic lipids and matrix lipids...
- Formulation and characterization of poly (beta amino ester) microparticles for genetic vaccine deliverySteven R Little
Department of Chemical Engineering and Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Control Release 107:449-62. 2005..However, larger quantities of PBAE may be toxic to cells indicating that the 15% PBAE formulation is a suitable candidate for delivery in future studies with disease specific, DNA vaccines...
- Effect of amino acids on the dispersion of disodium cromoglycate powdersNora Y K Chew
Faulty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Pharm Sci 94:2289-300. 2005..Decrease of interparticle interactions for leucine-containing powders also led to a lesser dependence of FPF on the flow rate and inhaler type...
- Prospects of formulating proteins/peptides as aerosols for pulmonary drug deliverySunday A Shoyele
3M Health Care Ltd, Morley Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 1EP, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 314:1-8. 2006..This article looks at the prospects of inhaled proteins as a delivery route for systemic activity...
- Formulation and characterization of lipid-coated tobramycin particles for dry powder inhalationGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharm Res 23:931-40. 2006..This study was conducted to develop and evaluate the physicochemical and aerodynamic characteristics of lipid-coated dry powder formulations presenting particularly high lung deposition...
- Spray-dried microparticles containing polymeric nanocapsules: formulation aspects, liquid phase interactions and particles characteristicsPatrice Tewa-Tagne
Laboratoire de Génie Pharmacotechnique et Biogalénique, ISPB Faculté de Pharmacie UCB Lyon I, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Int J Pharm 325:63-74. 2006..The surface composition of the spray-dried powders was investigated using the ESCA technique and revealed the NC exclusion from the surface to obtain powders suitable for further handling...
- Anticancer drug discovery and pharmaceutical chemistry: a historyMiguel F Braña
Instituto Canario de Investigación del Cáncer ICIC, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:717-28. 2006..In each approach, the structure of some examples of clinical interest will be shown...
- Particle size analysis in pharmaceutics: principles, methods and applicationsBoris Y Shekunov
Ferro Pfanstiehl Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Technologies, Independence, Ohio 44131, USA
Pharm Res 24:203-27. 2007..For illustration purposes, special consideration is given to the analysis of aerosols using time-of-flight and cascade impactor measurements, which is supported by a computational analysis conducted for this review...
- Direct lung delivery of a dry powder formulation of DTPA with improved aerosolization properties: effect on lung and systemic decorporation of plutoniumC Gervelas
Univ Paris Sud, CNRS UMR 8612, Physico chimie Pharmacotechnie Biopharmacie, F 92296, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Control Release 118:78-86. 2007..After pulmonary administration to rats contaminated with PuO(2), a 3-fold increase of the Pu urinary excretion was observed, but the dissolution of PuO(2) in the lungs was not enhanced...
- Efficient preparation of liposomes encapsulating food materials using lecithins by a mechanochemical methodMakoto Takahashi
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kagoshima University, Japan
J Oleo Sci 56:35-42. 2006..The method may thus have a potential for manufacturing practical nanocapsules, which serves as a novel carrier of functional food materials...
- Evaluations of unformulated and formulated dendrimer-based microbicide candidates in mouse and guinea pig models of genital herpesD I Bernstein
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3784-8. 2003..From these studies a lead compound and formulation (2V of SPL7013) was chosen for ongoing evaluations in primate models of simian immunodeficiency virus and Chlamydia trachomatis infection...
- Cosmetic applications for solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN)Sylvia A Wissing
Institut fur Pharmazie, Pharmazeutische Technologie, Biopharmazie und Biotechnologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 254:65-8. 2003..The amount of molecular sunscreen could be decreased by 50% while maintaining the protection level compared to a conventional emulsion...
- High-throughput screening assays for CYP2B6 metabolism and inhibition using fluorogenic vivid substratesBryan D Marks
PanVera, Madison, WI 53719, USA
AAPS PharmSci 5:E18. 2003....
- Influence of formulation excipients and physical characteristics of inhalation dry powders on their aerosolization performanceC Bosquillon
, School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, UCL 73.20 avenue, E. Mounier 73, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 70:329-39. 2001..Optimization of in vitro aerosolization properties of inhalation dry powders can be achieved by appropriately selecting composition and physical characteristics of the particles...
- Effects of sucrose and trehalose on the preservation of the native structure of spray-dried lysozymeYong Hong Liao
MedPharm, Department of Pharmacy, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NN, England, United Kingdom
Pharm Res 19:1847-53. 2002..To investigate the effects of sucrose, trehalose, sucrose/ dextran mixtures, and sucrose/trehalose mixtures on the preservation of the native structure of spray-dried lysozyme in the solid state...
- Comparison of LNS-AmB, a novel low-dose formulation of amphotericin B with lipid nano-sphere (LNS), with commercial lipid-based formulationsHiroshi Fukui
R and D Administration Department, Nippon Shinyaku Co Ltd, 14 Nishinosho Monguchi cho Kisshoin, Minami Ku, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
Int J Pharm 267:101-12. 2003..We conclude that LNS-AmB may offer an improved therapeutic profile at lower doses than Fungizone and commercial lipid-based formulations...
- Pulmonary drug delivery. Part II: the role of inhalant delivery devices and drug formulations in therapeutic effectiveness of aerosolized medicationsN R Labiris
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:600-12. 2003....
- Amorphous pharmaceutical solids: preparation, characterization and stabilizationL Yu
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, DC3811, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 48:27-42. 2001....
- RU 58841-myristate--prodrug development for topical treatment of acne and androgenetic alopeciaU Münster
Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Institut fur Pharmazie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Pharmazie 60:8-12. 2005..RUM loaded SLN should be considered for topical antiandrogen therapy of acne and androgenetic alopecia...
- PEG grafted polylysine with fusogenic peptide for gene delivery: high transfection efficiency with low cytotoxicityHaeshin Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, 305 701, Taejon, South Korea
J Control Release 79:283-91. 2002..This suggests that maintaining the size of DNA/polymer complexes after KALA coating plays an important role in gene transfection. KALA/DNA/PEG-g-PLL complexes exhibited lower cytotoxicity compared with other polymer/DNA complexes...
- The influence of solid lipid nanoparticles on skin hydration and viscoelasticity--in vivo studySylvia A Wissing
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, The Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:67-72. 2003..The viscoelastic parameters UF and UA/UF remained almost unchanged, which is attributed to the young age of the volunteers. At this stage, SLN represent a promising compound for hydrating new cosmetic formulations...
- Mild heating of amphotericin B-desoxycholate: effects on ultrastructure, in vitro activity and toxicity, and therapeutic efficacy in severe candidiasis in leukopenic miceE W Van Etten
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University of Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:1598-603. 2000..8 mg/kg of body weight, respectively), resulting in significantly improved therapeutic efficacy. In conclusion, this new approach of heating AMB-DOC may be of great value for further optimizing the treatment of severe fungal infections...
- Electrolyte- and pH-stabilities of aqueous solid lipid nanoparticle (SLN) dispersions in artificial gastrointestinal mediaE Zimmermann
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, The Free University of Berlin, Kelehstrasse 31-D-12169 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 52:203-10. 2001..The stabilizing properties depend obviously on the specific interactions of the lipid matrix with the emulsifier, e.g. anchoring of the stabilizer on the lipid surface and density on the surface...
- Hydrogels in pharmaceutical formulationsN A Peppas
Biomaterials and Drug Delivery Laboratories, School of Chemical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette IN 47907 1283, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:27-46. 2000..The aim of this article is to present a concise review on the applications of hydrogels in the pharmaceutical field, hydrogel characterization and analysis of drug release from such devices...
- Bioconjugation in pharmaceutical chemistryF M Veronese
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Farmaco 54:497-516. 1999Polymer conjugation is of increasing interest in pharmaceutical chemistry for delivering drugs of simple structure or complex compounds such peptides, enzymes and oligonucleotides...
- Development and characterization of hyaluronic acid-anchored PLGA nanoparticulate carriers of doxorubicinAwesh Kumar Yadav
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, India
Nanomedicine 3:246-57. 2007..The DOX-loaded HA-PEG-PLGA nanoparticles reduced tumor volume significantly as compared with MPEG-PLGA nanoparticles...
- RECAP--retrosynthetic combinatorial analysis procedure: a powerful new technique for identifying privileged molecular fragments with useful applications in combinatorial chemistryX Q Lewell
Glaxo Wellcome Research and Development, Medicines Research Centre, Hertfordshire, UK
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 38:511-22. 1998..We also describe a WDI fragment knowledge base which we have built which stores the drug motifs and mention its potential application in structure based drug design programs...
- Inhaling medicines: delivering drugs to the body through the lungsJohn S Patton
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:67-74. 2007..Here, we review these advances, and discuss aspects of lung physiology and formulation composition that influence the systemic delivery of inhaled therapeutics...
- Solubilizing excipients in oral and injectable formulationsRobert G Strickley
Formulation and Process Development, Gilead Sciences Inc, Foster City, California 94404, USA
Pharm Res 21:201-30. 2004....
- Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution and bioavailability of clozapine solid lipid nanoparticles after intravenous and intraduodenal administrationKopparam Manjunath
NDDS Laboratory, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Control Release 107:215-28. 2005..These results indicate that SLN are suitable drug delivery system for the improvement of bioavailability of lipophilic drugs such as clozapine...
- Enhanced dispersibility and deposition of spray-dried powders for pulmonary gene therapyHao ying Li
Gene Delivery Research Group, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF10 3XF, UK
J Drug Target 11:425-32. 2003..Further studies are required to determine the potential of leucine as a ubiquitous dispersibility enhancer for a variety of pulmonary formulations...
- Micellar nanocarriers: pharmaceutical perspectivesV P Torchilin
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Nanomedicine, Northeastern University, Mugar Building, Room 312, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pharm Res 24:1-16. 2007..This review will discuss some recent trends in using micelles as pharmaceutical carriers...
- The use of amino acids to enhance the aerosolisation of spray-dried powders for pulmonary gene therapyH Y Li
Gene Delivery Research Group, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3XF, Wales, UK
J Gene Med 7:343-53. 2005..In this study, we examine the use of amino acids (arginine, aspartic acid, threonine, phenylalanine) to enhance the aerosolisation of spray-dried powders containing model non-viral gene vectors...
- Fabrication, characterization and in vitro release of paclitaxel (Taxol) loaded poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres prepared by spray drying technique with lipid/cholesterol emulsifiersL Mu
Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, 3 Research Link, 117602, Singapore, Singapore
J Control Release 76:239-54. 2001..The release rate then gradually decreased. The microspheres fabricated with high ratio of DPPC exhibited large initial burst. When cholesterol was combined together with DPPC as an emulsifier, the release became faster...
- Improvement in survival after paraquat ingestion following introduction of a new formulation in Sri LankaMartin F Wilks
Syngenta Crop Protection AG, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS Med 5:e49. 2008..We compared the outcome of paraquat self-poisoning with the standard formulation against the new INTEON formulation following its introduction into Sri Lanka...
- A high throughput protein formulation platform: case study of salmon calcitoninMartinus A H Capelle
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Quai E Ansermet 30, 1211, Geneva 4, Switzerland
Pharm Res 26:118-28. 2009..The feasibility of using high throughput spectroscopy for characterization and selection of physically stable protein formulations was studied...
- Comparative evaluation of interpolyelectrolyte complexes of chitosan with Eudragit L100 and Eudragit L100-55 as potential carriers for oral controlled drug deliveryRouslan I Moustafine
Department of Pharmaceutical, Toxicological and Analytical Chemistry, State Medical University of Kazan, Tatarstan, Russian Federation
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:215-25. 2008....
- Novel dry powder preparations of whole inactivated influenza virus for nasal vaccinationRobert J Garmise
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7360 Kerr Hall Room 1310, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E81. 2007..It was concluded that enhanced serum and mucosal antibody responses were elicited by a dry powder nasal vaccine, specifically, administered in the presence of sodium alginate...
- Enediynes and related structures in medicinal and biorganic chemistryAjoy Basak
Curr Top Med Chem 8:435. 2008
- In vitro and ex vivo permeation studies of etodolac from hydrophilic gels and effect of terpenes as enhancersCetin Tas
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Drug Deliv 14:453-9. 2007..Since etodolac creates gastrointestinal disturbances, topical formulations of etodolac in gel form including 1% anethole could be an alternative...
- The effect of core composition in biodegradable oligomeric micelles as taxane formulationsMyrra G Carstens
Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:596-606. 2008..The results show that mPEG-b-oligo(epsilon-caprolactone) micelles hold good promise for the formulation of taxanes...
- A novel functional approach toward identifying definitive drug targetsRanadhir Dey
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
Curr Med Chem 14:2380-92. 2007..We demonstrate that reversal of such profiles of gene expression and protein activation ameliorates the infection. Therefore, those gene products and the kinases with pro-parasitic functions can serve as targets...
- Polysorbates 20 and 80 used in the formulation of protein biotherapeutics: structure and degradation pathwaysBruce A Kerwin
Department of Pharmaceutics, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Dr, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:2924-35. 2008..This review focuses on the chemical structure of the polysorbates, factors influencing micelle formation and factors and excipients influencing stability and degradation of the polyoxyethylene and fatty acid ester linkages...
- Chitosan/pectin polyelectrolyte complexes: selection of suitable preparative conditions for colon-specific delivery of vancomycinF Bigucci
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:435-41. 2008..Moreover, the particular composition of these complexes improved vancomycin availability at alkaline pH on the bases of an enzyme-dependent degradation as confirmed from release studies performed in presence of beta-glucosidase...
- Chitosan-polycarbophil complexes in swellable matrix systems for controlled drug releaseZ Lu
School of Pharmacy, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Curr Drug Deliv 4:257-63. 2007..The chitosan-polycarbophil interpolyelectrolyte complex has demonstrated a high potential as an excipient for the production of swellable matrix systems with controlled drug release properties...
- Preparation, characterization, and pharmacokinetic evaluation of puerarin submicron emulsionPeng Fei Yue
302 Hospital of People Liberation Army, People Liberation Army Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Beijing 100039, China
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 62:32-45. 2008..05), and the biological half-life and the mean retention time of puerarin emulsion were markedly increased (P < 0.05)...
- Enhanced dissolution of ibuprofen using solid dispersion with poloxamer 407Madhuri Newa
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyongsan 712 749, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:1497-507. 2008....
- Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in the treatment of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcomaAshish Udhrain
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, AZ, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 2:345-52. 2007....
- Characterization of chitin-metal silicates as binding superdisintegrantsIyad Rashid
The Jordanian Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Co, PO Box 94, Naor 11710, Jordan
J Pharm Sci 98:4887-901. 2009..In addition, the inherent binding and disintegration abilities of chitin-metal silicates are useful in pharmaceutical applications when poorly compressible and/or highly nonpolar drugs need to be formulated...
- Pharmacophore modeling in drug discovery and development: an overviewSantosh A Khedkar
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Santacruz E, Mumbai 400 098, India
Med Chem 3:187-97. 2007..In addition, we present some very recent successes of the widely used pharmacophore generation methods in drug discovery...
- Oral peptide and protein delivery: unfulfilled promises?Wei Chiang Shen
Drug Discov Today 8:607-8. 2003
- Effect of DC/mDC iontophoresis and terpenes on transdermal permeation of methotrexate: in vitro studyR Prasad
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Int J Pharm 333:70-8. 2007..Histopathological studies on treated skin samples, gave an insight about the anatomical changes brought by the application of various enhancers. Binary mixture of menthol and ethanol in combination with square wave gave best results...
- Toxicity of an effective amphotericin B formulation at high cationic lipid to drug molar ratioNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 26077, Avenida Lineu Prestes 748 Butantã, CEP 05513 970 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:175-83. 2006..The majority of the toxic effects observed for the novel formulation were due to the DODAB carrier used at 10mg/mL, i.e., at a rather high concentration and further studies should minimize DODAB dose...
- Spray-dried amorphous solid dispersions of simvastatin, a low tg drug: in vitro and in vivo evaluationsAnshuman A Ambike
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune, 411 038, Maharashtra, India
Pharm Res 22:990-8. 2005....
- Target-oriented and diversity-oriented organic synthesis in drug discoveryS L Schreiber
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 287:1964-9. 2000..Several synthetic planning principles for diversity-oriented synthesis and their role in the drug discovery process are presented in this review...
- Aqueous two-phase systems as a formulation concept for spray-dried proteinJessica Elversson
YKI, Institute for Surface Chemistry, Box 5607, 11486 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Pharm 294:73-87. 2005..However, PVA was found to cause partial loss of the native structure of BSA although the protein was well encapsulated during spray drying...
- Topical microbicides for disease prevention: status and challengesPolly F Harrison
Alliance for Microbicide Development, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1290-4. 2003..This article provides an update on the dramatically broadening array of approaches being pursued in microbicide research and development and identifies critical challenges to progress...
- Droplet and particle size relationship and shell thickness of inhalable lactose particles during spray dryingJessica Elversson
YKI, Institute for Surface Chemistry, Box 5607, SE 114 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 92:900-10. 2003..Spray-dried lactose solutions formed hollow particles, and it was suggested that the shell thickness of the particles increased with increasing feed concentration...
- Prediction methods and databases within chemoinformatics: emphasis on drugs and drug candidatesSvava Osk Jónsdóttir
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Bioinformatics 21:2145-60. 2005..To gather information about available databases and chemoinformatics methods for prediction of properties relevant to the drug discovery and optimization process...
- Pharmaceutical liquid crystals: the relevance of partially ordered systemsCynthia L Stevenson
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070 6039, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:1861-80. 2005....
- How does the type of vehicle influence the in vitro skin absorption and elimination kinetics of terpenes?Krzysztof Cal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Medical University of Gdansk, Hallera 107, 80 416 Gdansk, Poland
Arch Dermatol Res 297:311-5. 2006..The skin penetration of both terpenes from the vehicles is increasing in the following order: emulsion < oily solution < hydrogel, while the elimination phase is relatively slower for terpenes applied in hydrogel...
- Semisolid SLN dispersions for topical application: influence of formulation and production parameters on viscoelastic propertiesA Lippacher
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, Free University of Berlin, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 53:155-60. 2002..Consistency increased but particle size and ratio of elastic to viscous properties stayed in the same range...
- The effect of operating and formulation variables on the morphology of spray-dried protein particlesY F Maa
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 2:213-23. 1997..The shape and the morphology of spray-dried powders are affected by spray drying conditions and protein formulation. This study provides information useful for development of dry proteins for fine powder (e.g., aerosol) applications...
- Swelling and erosion of pectin matrix tablets and their impact on drug release behaviorPornsak Sriamornsak
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:211-9. 2007..The release data showed a good fit into the power law or the Korsmeyer-Peppas equation indicating the combined effect of diffusion and erosion mechanisms of drug release...
- Physical and chemical stability of miconazole liposomes prepared by supercritical aerosol solvent extraction system (ASES) processSarinnate Kunastitchai
Department of Manufacturing Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pharm Dev Technol 12:361-70. 2007..The chemical degradation of MCZ liposomes appeared to follow the acid-catalyzed hydrolysis. The MCZ liposomes prepared by the ASES process in this study were substantially internalized after being incubated with human lymphocytes...
- Activity-stability considerations of trypsinogen during spray drying: effects of sucroseS T Tzannis
Biopharmaceutical R and D, ALZA Corporation, 950 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
J Pharm Sci 88:351-9. 1999....
- [Liberation of hydrocortisone acetate from different commercial formulations]R H H Neubert
Fachbereich Pharmazie, Institut für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie der Martin Luther Universität, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Pharmazie 59:472-4. 2004..In summary, HC-acetate shows a shorter mean liberation time (MDT) and a higher topical availability from Soventol HC cream in comparison to the other formulations studied...
- Spray-drying as a method for microparticulate controlled release systems preparation: advantages and limits. I. Water-soluble drugsG F Palmieri
, Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Via S. Agostino 1, 62032 Camerino, MC, Italy
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 27:195-204. 2001..Although powders were unable to slow down drug release, tablets obtained from microsphere compression showed a good capability of controlling paracetamol release when eudragit RS or ethylcellulose was used, even at low polymer amounts...
- Formulation and in vivo evaluation of chlorhexidine buccal tablets prepared using drug-loaded chitosan microspheresPaolo Giunchedi
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 53:233-9. 2002..After their in vivo administration the determination of chlorhexidine in saliva showed the capacity of these formulations to give a prolonged release of the drug in the buccal cavity...
- Dry powder aerosol delivery of large hollow nanoparticulate aggregates as prospective carriers of nanoparticulate drugs: effects of phospholipidsKunn Hadinoto
A STAR Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, Singapore 627833, Singapore
Int J Pharm 333:187-98. 2007..The effects of increasing the phospholipids concentration on the degree of hollowness of the spray-dried particles are found to depend on the size and chemical nature of the nanoparticles...
- Physical stability of redispersible dry emulsions containing amorphous sucroseK L Christensen
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 53:147-53. 2002..It was concluded that the dry emulsions are physically stable with respect to the lifetime of a pharmaceutical product when stored in dry condition and at temperatures up to 28 degrees C...
- Physics of amorphous solidsLori R Hilden
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, PO Box 191, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903 0191, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:3-12. 2004..This minireview describes the physics associated with the preparation and storage of amorphous solids including a review of the common theories of the glass transition and relaxation processes...
- Gentamicin-loaded discs and microspheres and their modifications: characterization and in vitro releasePavan Kumar Naraharisetti
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
J Control Release 102:345-59. 2005..The possibility of achieving better results by studying the effect of concentration of polymer in solvent and the effect of using different polymers was investigated...
- A Computerized Adaptive Testing Version of the ASIStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The availability of this new tool should enhance the quality and reduce the cost of research and treatment in the substance abuse area. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Chinese Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..The final product will be marketed as part of our extensive suite of substance abuse-related, multimedia tools. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Pain Assessment Interview and Clinical Advisory SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signal Detection for Prescription Opioid OutbreaksStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..This system should be perceived by stakeholders as highly valuable. Thus, we believe this product has enormous commercial viability and public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WEB-BASED MANAGEMENT TRAINING: ADDICTION-RESOURCES.COMStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2003..An analogue field trial will examine, in contrast to a written booklet and wait-list control, the website's effectiveness in facilitating managers to more use of clinical data in decision-making. ..
- Computerized ASI Follow-up and Outcome SystemStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Client acceptance will be evaluated along with correspondence between the IVR and traditional ASI administration. Phase II will evaluate the system's validity, capacity to produce acceptable response rates, and cost-effectiveness. ..
- Internet Monitoring Of Prescription Drug AbuseStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will see development of a full prototype of PRISM and demonstration of its reliability and internal and external validity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTIMEDIA SMOKING CESSATION FOR ALCOHOLIC CLIENTSStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..If a computerized, affordable smoking cessation program can be shown, in field trials, to have demonstrable efficacy, the commercial potential can be extraordinary. ..
- Screening for Addiction Risk in Chronic Opioid TherapyStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Substantial Phase III support has been committed by Endo Pharmaceuticals. The resulting measure should be reliable, valid, and easy to use in practice settings. ..
- A Spanish Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Due to its reliability and low cost, we believe the ASI-MV could become the "Gold Standard" addictions assessment. Under such a circumstance, a Spanish adaptation would enjoy widespread use and profitability. ..
- ASI-MV.net: A Prescription Medication Monitoring ToolStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will fully develop the ASI-MV.net website and establish its reliability and validity. The ASI-MV.net will be an innovative solution to problems collecting product-specific addictions data in real time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sodium Channel Contratoxins Derived from Cone Snail VenomsGrzegorz Bulaj; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoparticle HIV Protein Vaccines for Cellular ResponsesRUSSELL MUMPER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, Dr. Nath's lab will produce vaccinia expressing antigen. ..
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach is expected to provide a foundation for future Phase 1 trials of PDE3 inhibitors in humans. ..
- Safety of Lung Delivered Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorKATHLEEN STRINGER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Phase II project will complement and extend our Phase I work and will facilitate the development of a promising new, greatly needed therapeutic for the treatment of ARDS. ..
- Development of a P.gingivalis vaccineEric Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..The recombinant proteins, protein fragments and synthetic peptide multivalent constructs will be tested as defined vaccines against P. gingivalis in murine models of disease. ..
- Immune Responses to Biodefense Vaccines Early in LifeMarcela F Pasetti; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will also provide knowledge to better understand the mechanisms mediating neonatal-infant immunity to develop more effectivevaccines to prevent diseases early in life. ..
- 2007 Viruses & Cells Gordon ConferenceDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Mental Parity on High-Cost and Severely-Ill IndividualsHaiden A Huskamp; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will estimate a combination of two-part random-effects models for longitudinal data, latent class random-effects models, logistic regression models, Poisson regression models, and hazard models to address these aims. ..
- HIV-envelope-specific CD4+ T-cell activation and functional potentialsJulia L Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these experiments may be invaluable to the construction of new, successful HIV-1 vaccines designed to capture the full potentials of the immune response. ..
- Peptide Hormone Structure FunctionVictor J Hruby; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Activation of clotting & cell adhesion: gas embolismDavid M Eckmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work is the basis for neuroprotection in gas embolism-induced stroke, a persistent, growing health threat without treatment. ..
- EGFR Targeted Nanoparticles to Overcome Paclitaxel Resistant Breast CancerRUSSELL MUMPER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The innovation of this proposal relates to nanotemplate engineering of biocompatible nanoparticles, overcoming multi- drug resistance, and the use of nanotechnology to engineer a cell-targeted cancer therapy. ..
- Novel noninvasive assessment of cytochrome P450 activityEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach may identify inter-individual variability in drug disposition and response;permit more individualized dosing, and reduces the cost of drug interaction studies. ..
- ACUTE ALPHAVIRAL ENCEPHALITISDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may suggest novel strategies for interfering with these processes to alter the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- A Cell Based HTS Approach for the Discovery of New Inhibitors of the H5N1 VirusWilliam Severson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Pharmacodynamic-guided Dose-finding Study of RapamycinManuel Hidalgo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall this study will determine the biologically active dose of rapamycin in cancer patients that can then be explored in disease-oriented studies. ..
- Novel Controlled Delivery Systems for ContraceptivesJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of such a novel therapeutic system is critical for successful treatment of hormone-related diseases and improvement in the patients' quality-of-life. ..
- MARROW TRANSPLANT IN CANCER THERAPY T CELL RECOVERYJULIA HURWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..Jude Children's Research Hospital (SJCRH), predicting successful implementation of the proposed studies. ..
- Impact of Oral bacterial interactions on periodontitisEric Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..gingivalis, T. denticola, B. forsythus and F. nucleatum grown in monoculture and as polymicrobial cultures using 2D-gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and Western blotting. ..
- SELECTIVE SEROTONERGIC AGENTSRICHARD GLENNON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Radioligand binding and functional assays will be conducted. The 5-HT1F ligand is not selective; we propose to explore its structure-activity relationships and functional activity in an attempt to develop a 5-HT1F-selective ligand. ..
- PHOSPHORYLATED ISONUCLEOSIDES: NEW ANTI-HIV AGENTSVasu Nair; Fiscal Year: 2003..Cellular combination drug studies, particularly those having the potential for synergistic inhibition of HIV infectivity, are also planned. ..
- Psychobiology of IV Naloxone & Lactate in NormalsDonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005..This would further validate this model. It may also suggest new approaches to anti-panic agents, such as mixed opiate agonist-antagonist. ..
- Chimeric Adenovirus Vaccine Vectors for HIV/SIVDAN BAROUCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..Within the two-year time frame of this award, sufficient data will be generated with candidate chimeric rAd vaccines to justify further vaccine/challenge studies in rhesus monkeys. ..
- Biological Evaluation of CCI-779 in Brain TumorsManuel Hidalgo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Throughput Assay:Allosteric Potentiator of GluR (RMI)P Conn; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will provide the characterization needed to allow us to optimize this assay for use in future screens of larger compound libraries. ..
- Immune Pathways as Prerequisites for Adjuvants' EfficacyGeorge Hui; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Field-induced pores formation during iontophoresisJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BIOADHESIVE MICROSPHERESEdith Mathiowitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..The end goal is to move these novel drug delivery systems from research to clinical applications for treatment of diseases. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL MULTIENVELOPE AIDS VACCINEJULIA HURWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..Project 4 (K. Slobod) builds on these studies, initiating clinical trials of the safety and effectiveness of vaccines comprised of combinations of immunogenic envelopes. ..
- BIOADHESIVE MICROSPHERESEdith Mathiowitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..The end goal is to move these novel drug delivery systems from research to clinical applications for treatment of diseases. ..
- The Relationship of Impulsivity to Symptoms of SuicideDonald Dougherty; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Electroporation and transcutaneous extraction of drugsSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further we also plan to correlate the time course of unbound ciprofloxacin in dermal ECF with that in synovial fluid determined by microdialysis in rat. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NANOTEMPLATE ENGINEERING OF CELL-SPECIFIC NANOPARTICLESRUSSELL MUMPER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ideally, data from these therapeutic studies may help to advance these innovative nanotechnologies toward clinical investigation. ..
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- In situ real-time PCR arrays for viral-associated canc*DIRK DITTMER; Fiscal Year: 2005..In KS lesions tumor progression depends on and responds to viral gene expression. This study will provide a road map for a better understanding of KS biology and clinical classification of KS tumors. ..
- mGluR4 Potentiators as a Treatment for Parkinson's DiseaseP Conn; Fiscal Year: 2007..This high throughput screen will provide the basis for future studies aimed at developing allosteric potentiators of mGluR4 that are suitable for clinical testing. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A GENOME-DERIVED, EPITOPE-DRIVEN TULAREMIA VACCINEAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- INHIBITION OF DEHYDROGENASES FOR GLAUCOMA TREATMENTHugo Villar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The second phase of these studies will evaluate the compounds in ex-vivo and in-vivo studies, with the ultimate purpose of identifying candidates for drug development. ..
- Impulsivity Models: Behavioral MechanismsDonald Dougherty; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will advance our understanding of the construct of impulsivity and will provide a firmer context within which future research can better study the role impulsivity plays in the development of severe conduct problems. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RESPONSE TO PULMONARY VACCINATIONAnthony Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2005..The significance of this work lies in the novelty of pulmonary vaccination for the treatment of tuberculosis and the knowledge of the immune response gained from targeted antigen delivery to the lungs. ..
- Economics of Formulary Design and Mental Health PolicyHaiden Huskamp; Fiscal Year: 2006..Huskamp the training, mentoring, time and resources to develop the skills that will put her in a position to lead independent research on the economics of pharmaceutical treatment for mental illnesses. ..
- Localized modulation of RPE P-gp/MRP activity for back-of-the-eye drug deliverySoumyajit Majumdar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoengineered HIV-1 Vaccines Based on TatRUSSELL MUMPER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The development of an appropriate nanoparticle-based HIV-1 Tat vaccine will also benefit strategies that may incorporate multiple HIV genes such as Tat, Env, Gag, Pol, and Rev. ..
- AGGRESSION AND WOMEN--ALCOHOL AND SEROTONIN RELATIONSHIPDonald Dougherty; Fiscal Year: 2003..These proposed studies will answer several questions regarding how alcohol, serotonin, premenstrual symptomatology, and the menstrual cycle are related to the susceptibility for aggressive behavior. ..
- Multiplexed flow cytometry screens for RGS inhibitorsRichard Neubig; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate aim of this project is the identification of selective small molecule inhibitors of RGS action. This will provide important chemical tools and accelerate the development of novel therapeutics. ..
- CASE-CONTROL SURVEILLANCE OF SERIOUS ILLNESSES AND DRUGSLynn Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..CCS results have repeatedly been confirmed in other studies, indicating the success of efforts to minimize bias. CCS is a unique resource for cancer epidemiology. ..
- INJECTABLE CONTRACEPTIVES AND BONE ULTRASOUND MEASURESLynn Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Millions of women worldwide have used IPCs. Given the heavy burden of osteoporotic fractures in elderly women, it is of public health importance to determine whether IPCs have an adverse effect on bone. ..
- STRUCTURAL BASIS OF RECEPTOR/G PROTEIN FUNCTIONRichard Neubig; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work should greatly improve our understanding of the structural and mechanistic basis of RG coupling and should facilitate the design of drugs that target particular G protein subunit combinations. ..
- Controlled Study of SAMe vs.Escitalopram in Major Depressive DisorderMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims are to assess the acute effects of SAMe or escitalopram vs. placebo on remission rates, quality of life, and psychosocial functioning. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- BUPROPION AS AN ADJUNCT TO THE NICOTINE PATCH PLUS CBTMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Prediction and assessment of response to targated therapy in pancreatic cancerSoner Altiok; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that this study will result in validation of the novel PD approaches and will also inform further assessment and refinement in future hypothesis testing studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..