Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period before MENOPAUSE. In premenopausal women, the climacteric transition from full sexual maturity to cessation of ovarian cycle takes place between the age of late thirty and early fifty.
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Pooled analysis of prospective cohort studies on height, weight, and breast cancer riskP A van den Brandt
Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 152:514-27. 2000..The association between BMI and breast cancer varies by menopausal status. Weight control may reduce the risk among postmenopausal women...
- Reduction of inflammatory cytokine concentrations and improvement of endothelial functions in obese women after weight loss over one yearPatrizia Ziccardi
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Chair of Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Italy
Circulation 105:804-9. 2002..Visceral fat is a key regulator site for the process of inflammation, and atherosclerotic lesions are essentially an inflammatory response...
- Association between Pak1 expression and subcellular localization and tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer patientsCaroline Holm
Division of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:671-80. 2006..Here we studied associations between Pak1 expression and subcellular localization in tumor cells and tamoxifen resistance...
- Longitudinal study on the role of body size in premenopausal breast cancerKarin B Michels
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:2395-402. 2006..A high body mass index (BMI) has been related to a reduced risk of breast cancer in premenopausal women. The mechanisms underlying this association have not been elucidated...
- Body size and breast cancer risk: findings from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer And Nutrition (EPIC)Petra H Lahmann
Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition, Potsdam Rehbrucke, Germany
Int J Cancer 111:762-71. 2004..Among premenopausal women, weight and BMI showed nonsignificant inverse associations with breast cancer...
- Intakes of calcium and vitamin D and breast cancer risk in womenJennifer Lin
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1050-9. 2007..Animal data suggest the potential anticarcinogenic effects of calcium and vitamin D on breast cancer development. However, epidemiologic data relating calcium and vitamin D levels to breast cancer have been inconclusive...
- Reproducibility of plasma and urine biomarkers among premenopausal and postmenopausal women from the Nurses' Health StudiesJoanne Kotsopoulos
Channing Laboratory, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:938-46. 2010..Temporal variability of biomarkers should be evaluated before their use in epidemiologic studies...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I, IGF-binding protein-3, and mammographic breast densityCaroline Diorio
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Hôpital Saint Sacrement, 1050 Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1S 4L8
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1065-73. 2005..They provide additional support for the idea that, among premenopausal women, these growth factors may affect breast cancer risk, at least in part, through their influence on breast tissue morphology as reflected on mammogram...
- Obstetric history and mammographic density: a population-based cross-sectional study in Spain (DDM-Spain)Virginia Lope
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, National Center of Epidemiology, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Monforte de Lemos 5, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:1137-46. 2012..These results suggest the influence of hormones and growth factors over the proliferative activity of the mammary gland...
- Pathology parameters and adjuvant tamoxifen response in a randomised premenopausal breast cancer trialK Jirstrom
Division of Pathology Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 58:1135-42. 2005..These parameters are the net result of combinations of genetic alterations effecting tumour behaviour and could potentially reflect subtypes that respond differently to endocrine treatment...
- Does the Mediterranean dietary pattern or the Healthy Diet Index influence the risk of breast cancer in a large British cohort of women?J E Cade
Nutritional Epidemiology Group, School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:920-8. 2011..To assess the risk of developing breast cancer associated with consumption of two common dietary patterns: a Mediterranean dietary pattern and a dietary pattern, which conforms to the World Health Organization Healthy Diet Index (WHO HDI)...
- Early start of adjuvant chemotherapy may improve treatment outcome for premenopausal breast cancer patients with tumors not expressing estrogen receptors. The International Breast Cancer Study GroupM Colleoni
European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:584-90. 2000....
- Reliability of serum iron, ferritin, nitrite, and association with risk of renal cancer in womenM Aktar Ali
Department of Environmental Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 27:116-21. 2003..55, 95% CI, 0.15-2.01 for ferritin, and OR, 0.52, 95% CI, 0.17-1.60 for nitrite in women with above median level as compared to women with below median level). The possible role of ferritin and nitrite in renal cancer is discussed...
- Combined effects of obesity and type 2 diabetes contribute to increased breast cancer risk in premenopausal womenMajed S Alokail
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:33. 2009..We tested this association in type 2 diabetic women, categorized as obese, overweight and normal body weight groups based on BMI...
- Association of coffee, green tea, and caffeine intakes with serum concentrations of estradiol and sex hormone-binding globulin in premenopausal Japanese womenC Nagata
Department of Public Health, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Nutr Cancer 30:21-4. 1998..Although the effect of caffeine cannot be distinguished from effects of coffee and green tea, consumption of caffeine-containing beverages appeared to favorably alter hormone levels associated with the risk of developing breast cancer...
- Two years of adjuvant tamoxifen in premenopausal patients with breast cancer: a randomised, controlled trial with long-term follow-upLisa Rydén
Department of Surgery, Helsingborgs lasarett, SE 251 85 Helsingborg, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 41:256-64. 2005..PR status was a significant predictor of response to tamoxifen in multivariate models with testing of interactions of hormone receptor status and adjuvant therapy...
- Interaction between menopausal status and obesity in affecting breast cancer riskDavid P Rose
Department of Surgery, Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, West Virginia University Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Maturitas 66:33-8. 2010....
- Effects of walking training on weight maintenance after a very-low-energy diet in premenopausal obese women: a randomized controlled trialM Fogelholm
University of Helsinki, Lahti Research and Training Centre, Saimaankatu 11, FIN 15140 Lahti, Finland
Arch Intern Med 160:2177-84. 2000..Maintenance of weight loss is a core problem in the treatment of obesity. Physical activity may improve maintenance and metabolic risk factors associated with obesity...
- Low bone mass in premenopausal women with depressionFarideh Eskandari
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2329-36. 2007..An increased prevalence of low bone mineral density (BMD) has been reported in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD), mostly women...
- Coffee, tea, caffeine and risk of breast cancer: a 22-year follow-upDavaasambuu Ganmaa
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 122:2071-6. 2008..However, our results suggested a weak inverse association between caffeine-containing beverages and risk of postmenopausal breast cancer...
- Use of luteinising-hormone-releasing hormone agonists as adjuvant treatment in premenopausal patients with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised adjuvant trialsJ Cuzick
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Lancet 369:1711-23. 2007..Several trials have been done to assess treatment of premenopausal breast cancer with luteinising-hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists, but results have been inconclusive, especially for patients with hormone-receptor-positive cancer...
- Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and premenopausal breast cancer risk in a German case-control studySascha Abbas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 124:250-5. 2009..05, case-only model). Our findings support a protective effect of vitamin D for premenopausal breast cancer...
- Effect of a lifestyle intervention on bone mineral density in premenopausal women: a randomized trialL M Salamone
University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 70:97-103. 1999..The positive association between body weight and bone mineral density (BMD) is well documented; in contrast, the effect of changes in body weight on BMD is not well understood, particularly, in normal-weight populations...
- Adiponectin is inversely associated with intramyocellular and intrahepatic lipids in obese premenopausal womenMiriam A Bredella
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:911-6. 2011....
- BioCycle study: design of the longitudinal study of the oxidative stress and hormone variation during the menstrual cycleJean Wactawski-Wende
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Health Professions, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 23:171-84. 2009..This report describes the study design, baseline characteristics and visit completion rate for the BioCycle study...
- Plasma adiponectin levels and endometrial cancer risk in pre- and postmenopausal womenAnne E Cust
Nutrition and Hormones Unit, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 69372 Lyon, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:255-63. 2007..Adiponectin, an adipocytokine secreted by adipose tissue, is decreased in obesity, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome, all of which are well-established risk factors for endometrial cancer...
- Neoadjuvant anastrozole versus tamoxifen in patients receiving goserelin for premenopausal breast cancer (STAGE): a double-blind, randomised phase 3 trialNorikazu Masuda
National Hospital Organization, Osaka National Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Lancet Oncol 13:345-52. 2012..We aimed to assess the efficacy and safety of anastrozole versus tamoxifen in premenopausal women receiving goserelin for early breast cancer in the neoadjuvant setting...
- The CYP19 TTTA repeat polymorphism is related to the prognosis of premenopausal stage I-II and operable stage III breast cancersChiun Sheng Huang
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncologist 13:751-60. 2008....
- Metabolic implications of menopauseHanah N Polotsky
Weill Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10065, USA
Semin Reprod Med 28:426-34. 2010..This review focuses on metabolic changes associated with menopausal transition, specifically alterations in weight, waist circumference, body fat distribution, energy expenditure, and circulating biomarkers including adipokines...
- Adult body size, hormone receptor status, and premenopausal breast cancer risk in a multiethnic population: the San Francisco Bay Area breast cancer studyEsther M John
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Fremont, 94538, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:201-16. 2011..Despite racial/ethnic differences in body size, inverse associations were similar across the 3 racial/ethnic groups when stratified by hormone receptor status...
- Incidence, time course, and determinants of menstrual bleeding after breast cancer treatment: a prospective studyJeanne A Petrek
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1045-51. 2006..To assess ovarian function using the surrogate of monthly bleeding after breast cancer treatment in premenopausal women...
- Comparison of DXA and CT in the assessment of body composition in premenopausal women with obesity and anorexia nervosaMiriam A Bredella
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:2227-33. 2010..The level of hydration does not significantly affect most DXA body composition measurements, with the exceptions of thigh fat...
- A longitudinal study of the perimenopausal transition: altered profiles of steroid and pituitary hormones, SHBG and bone mineral densityG Rannevik
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Lund, , Sweden
Maturitas 21:103-13. 1995..The impact of this will influence the severity of symptoms, the degree of bone loss and the need for supplementary therapy...
- Premenopausal endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: who receives chemotherapy?M M Regan
IBCSG Statistical Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Oncol 19:1231-41. 2008..PERCHE closed with inadequate accrual; TEXT accrued rapidly...
- Optimizing endocrine therapy for breast cancerEric P Winer
J Clin Oncol 23:1609-10. 2005
- Waist circumference, dual-energy X-ray absortiometrically measured abdominal adiposity, and computed tomographically derived intra-abdominal fat area on detecting metabolic risk factors in obese womenKayoung Lee
Department of Family Medicine, Inje University Busan Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea
Nutrition 24:625-31. 2008....
- The endocrinology of dizygotic twinning in the humanC B Lambalk
Research Institute of Endocrinology, Reproduction and Metabolism, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical Centre, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 145:97-102. 1998....
- Estrogen receptor 1 gene polymorphisms in premenopausal women: interaction between genotype and smoking on lipid levelsS Almeida
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:872-6. 2008....
- Measurement of androgens in womenFrank Z Stanczyk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Semin Reprod Med 24:78-85. 2006..Androgens also can be measured in saliva, but major methodologic problems are associated with the measurements. In addition, there is a misconception that salivary testosterone levels reflect free testosterone levels in serum...
- Carbohydrate intake modulates the effect of the ABCA1-R230C variant on HDL cholesterol concentrations in premenopausal womenSandra Romero-Hidalgo
Computational Genomics Department, Instituto Nacional de Medicina Genomica, Mexico City, Mexico
J Nutr 142:278-83. 2012..This finding may help design optimized dietary interventions according to sex and ABCA1-R230C genotype...
- Effect of vitamin D, calcium and multiple micronutrient supplementation on vitamin D and bone status in Bangladeshi premenopausal garment factory workers with hypovitaminosis D: a double-blinded, randomised, placebo-controlled 1-year interventionMd Zahirul Islam
Calcium Research Unit, Division of Nutrition, Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, PO Box 66, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Br J Nutr 104:241-7. 2010..Supplementation with VD-Ca should be recommended as a strategic option to reduce the risk of osteomalacia and osteoporosis in these subjects. MMN-Ca may have analogous positive health implications with additional non-skeletal benefits...
- Reproducibility of fifteen urinary estrogens and estrogen metabolites over a 2- to 3-year period in premenopausal womenA Heather Eliassen
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2860-8. 2009..Within-person reproducibility over time for most EM measures is comparable to or better than that for well-vetted biomarkers such as plasma cholesterol and, in postmenopausal women, estradiol...
- Urinary estrogens and estrogen metabolites and subsequent risk of breast cancer among premenopausal womenA Heather Eliassen
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 72:696-706. 2012..The inverse associations with parent estrogen metabolites and the parent estrogen metabolite/non-parent estrogen metabolite ratio suggest that women with higher urinary excretion of parent estrogens are at lower risk...
- Effects of iron deficiency and iron overload on angiogenesis and oxidative stress-a potential dual role for iron in breast cancerJinlong Jian
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 50:841-7. 2011....
- Bone loss during menopausal transition among southern Chinese womenElaine Cheung
Department of Medicine, United Christian Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Maturitas 69:50-6. 2011..Estrogen deficiency during menopausal transition is associated with rapid bone loss. The purpose of this study was to examine the time of onset, the rate, and predictors of menopausal bone loss...
- Combined tamoxifen and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist versus LHRH agonist alone in premenopausal advanced breast cancer: a meta-analysis of four randomized trialsJ G Klijn
Dr Daniel den Hoed Kliniek and University Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 19:343-53. 2001..Therefore, if a premenopausal woman with advanced breast cancer is thought to be suitable for endocrine treatment, it is proposed that the combination of a LHRH agonist plus tamoxifen be considered as the new standard treatment...
- Longer therapy, iatrogenic amenorrhea, and survival in early breast cancerSandra M Swain
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Washington Cancer Institute at Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
N Engl J Med 362:2053-65. 2010..The effectiveness of concurrent versus sequential regimens is not known...
- Endogenous oestrogens and breast cancer risk in premenopausal and postmenopausal womenTimothy J Key
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Richard Doll Building, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX37LF, UK
Steroids 76:812-5. 2011..Further data are required, with better assays and repeat measures, to provide more accurate estimates of risk and to clarify the role of oestrogens in premenopausal women and the roles of other endogenous hormones...
- Adult weight gain in relation to breast cancer risk by estrogen and progesterone receptor status: a meta-analysisAlina Vrieling
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:641-9. 2010..In conclusion, the association between adult weight gain and postmenopausal breast cancer risk is heterogeneous according to ER/PR status and stronger for ER(+)PR(+) than for ER(-)PR(-) tumors...
- Influence of menopause on high density lipoprotein-cholesterol and lipidsC J Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Chung Ang University Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 15:380-6. 2000..051). Total cholesterol levels showed stepwise elevation from premenopause to postmenopause. Perimenopausal women had lower Lp(a) levels than postmenopausal women (p<0...
- A case-control study of body mass index and breast cancer risk in white and African-American womenPaula Berstad
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Nutrition, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1532-44. 2010..Limited information is available about African-American women and differences by estrogen and progesterone receptor status...
- Body fat distribution and risk of premenopausal breast cancer in the Nurses' Health Study IIHolly R Harris
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:273-8. 2011..01) for waist to hip ratio. Our findings suggest that body fat distribution does not play an important role in the overall incidence of premenopausal breast cancer but is associated with an increased risk for ER-negative breast cancer...
- Sources of cadmium exposure among healthy premenopausal womenScott V Adams
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, PO Box 19024, M4 B402, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Sci Total Environ 409:1632-7. 2011..Cigarettes are the dominant source of cadmium exposure among smokers; the primary source of cadmium in non-smokers is food. We investigated sources of cadmium exposure in a sample of healthy women...
- Serum sex steroids in premenopausal women and breast cancer risk within the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Rudolf Kaaks
Nutrition and Hormones Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC WHO, Lyon, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:755-65. 2005..We conducted a case-control study nested within the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition cohort to examine associations among premenopausal serum concentrations of sex steroids and subsequent breast cancer risk...
- Leptin, body composition and bone mineral density in premenopausal womenM Blum
Calcium and Metabolic Bone Laboratory, Jean Mayer United States Department of Agriculture, Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 73:27-32. 2003..In summary, the results of this study suggest that for a given body weight, a higher proportion of fat and a higher serum leptin concentration have negative associations with bone mass in premenopausal women...
- Comparison of the effects of cows' milk, fortified soy milk, and calcium supplement on weight and fat loss in premenopausal overweight and obese womenSh Faghih
Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Nutrition Sciences and Food Technology, Arghavan Ave, Farahzadi Bulv, Tehran, Iran
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:499-503. 2011..We compared the effects of cows' milk, calcium fortified soy milk and calcium supplement on weight and body fat reduction in premenopausal overweight and obese women...
- A prospective longitudinal study of serum testosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, and sex hormone-binding globulin levels through the menopause transitionH G Burger
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:2832-8. 2000..DHEAS decreases as a function of age, not time relative to FMP, and T remains unchanged during the menopausal years. SHBG and DHEAS show a high degree of stability within an individual over time...
- Factors affecting the bioavailability of soy isoflavones in humans after ingestion of physiologically relevant levels from different soy foodsAedin Cassidy
School of Medicine, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
J Nutr 136:45-51. 2006..Only 30% of the subjects were equol producers and no differences in equol production with age or gender were observed...
- Effects of high-impact exercise on bone mineral density: a randomized controlled trial in premenopausal womenAki Vainionpää
Department of Medical Technology, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, 90014, Oulu, Finland
Osteoporos Int 16:191-7. 2005..The purpose of this randomized controlled study was to assess the effects of high-impact exercise on the bone mineral density (BMD) of premenopausal women at the population level...
- Selective estrogen-receptor modulators for primary prevention of breast cancerCarol J Fabian
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1644-55. 2005
- Determinants of recovery from amenorrhea in premenopausal breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant chemotherapy in the taxane eraAlessandro Marco Minisini
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital of Udine, Udine, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 20:503-7. 2009..04) were associated with an increased probability of permanent chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea. Recovery of menses after chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea occurs more probably in younger women, with no pregnancies and receiving taxanes...
- Spectroscopy enhances the information content of optical mammographyA E Cerussi
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, 1002 Health Sciences Rd, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 7:60-71. 2002..Multi-spectral measurements, compared to measurements restricted to one or two wavelengths, provide additional information that may be useful in managing breast disease...
- Comparison of the Atkins, Zone, Ornish, and LEARN diets for change in weight and related risk factors among overweight premenopausal women: the A TO Z Weight Loss Study: a randomized trialChristopher D Gardner
Stanford Prevention Research Center and the Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, Calif, USA
JAMA 297:969-77. 2007..Popular diets, particularly those low in carbohydrates, have challenged current recommendations advising a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet for weight loss. Potential benefits and risks have not been tested adequately...
- Stress may add bite to appetite in women: a laboratory study of stress-induced cortisol and eating behaviorE Epel
UCSF Health Psychology Program, 3333 California St, Suite 465, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 26:37-49. 2001..These results suggest that psychophysiological response to stress may influence subsequent eating behavior. Over time, these alterations could impact both weight and health...
- The rates of chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea in patients treated with adjuvant doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by a taxaneYee Lu Tham
Breast Care Center, The Methodist Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:126-32. 2007..The incidence of chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea (CIA) resulting from doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) followed by a taxane (T) is poorly characterized...
- Ethnic variation in bone turnover in pre- and early perimenopausal women: effects of anthropometric and lifestyle factorsJoel S Finkelstein
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA org
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3051-6. 2002..Other factors, such as differences in bone accretion, are likely responsible for much of the ethnic variation in adult BMD...
- Fat/fiber intakes and sex hormones in healthy premenopausal women in USAMylene Aubertin-Leheudre
Folkhalsan Research Center, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Nutrition and Cancer, Division of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 112:32-9. 2008..Our results suggest that fat affects estrogen metabolism more than does fiber and that one mechanism resulting in high estrogen values is an increased reabsorption of biliary estrogens...
- Obesity and outcomes in premenopausal and postmenopausal breast cancerSherene Loi
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, 723 Swanston Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1686-91. 2005..Obesity is associated with adverse outcomes in postmenopausal women with breast cancer. In premenopausal women, the association is less clear...
- IGF-I and mammographic density in four geographic locations: a pooled analysisGertraud Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1786-92. 2007..Based on this analysis, the influence of circulating levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-3, and prolactin on percent density appears to be very small...
- What survival benefits do premenopausal patients with early breast cancer need to make endocrine therapy worthwhile?Belinda Thewes
Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Oncol 6:581-8. 2005..We aimed to quantify the survival gains that premenopausal patients with early-stage breast cancer require to justify the side-effects and inconvenience of adjuvant endocrine treatments...
- Low 24-hour adiponectin and high nocturnal leptin concentrations in a case-control study of community-dwelling premenopausal women with major depressive disorder: the Premenopausal, Osteopenia/Osteoporosis, Women, Alendronate, Depression (POWER) studyGiovanni Cizza
Clinical Endocrine Section, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1613, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1079-87. 2010....
- Amenorrhea in premenopausal women on the doxorubicin-and-cyclophosphamide-followed-by-docetaxel arm of NSABP B-30 trialSandra M Swain
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:315-20. 2009..These results can be used to inform premenopausal women about the risk and time course of amenorrhea associated with this common adjuvant therapy regimen, along with the effects on symptoms and QOL...
- Prospective case-control study of serum mullerian inhibiting substance and breast cancer riskJoanne F Dorgan
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1501-9. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine whether serum MIS levels are associated with breast cancer risk...
- Oral contraceptive use and bone mineral density in premenopausal women: cross-sectional, population-based data from the Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis StudyJ C Prior
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, and Vancouver Hospital
CMAJ 165:1023-9. 2001..This study assessed the relation between OC use and BMD in a population-based, 9-centre, national sample of women aged 25-45 years...
- Menopause, coronary artery disease and antioxidantsM Krstevska
Department of Medical and Experimental Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:641-4. 2001..02) in comparison with the control group. TAS was not changed in women with CAD in comparison with controls. In conclusion, menopause leads to the reduction of the level of antioxidants, especially in women with CAD...
- Several anthropometric measurements and breast cancer risk: results of the E3N cohort studyB Tehard
Equipe Inserm IGR Nutrition, Hormones, Cancer, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:156-63. 2006..To investigate the association between various anthropometric characteristics and breast cancer...
- Letrozole plus GnRH analogue as preoperative and adjuvant therapy in premenopausal women with ER positive locally advanced breast cancerRosalba Torrisi
Research Unit of Medical Senology at the Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milano, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:431-41. 2011....
- Effects of menopause on intraindividual changes in serum lipids, blood pressure, and body weight--the Chin-Shan Community Cardiovascular Cohort studyPao Ling Torng
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei 10020, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 161:409-15. 2002..5 and 14.7% in all groups. This study suggests an unfavorable effect of menopause on lipid metabolism, especially on the TC level, which was predominantly elevated during the transition to menopause. The decline of HDL-C is of concern...
- Luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone analogues--the rationale for adjuvant use in premenopausal women with early breast cancerW Jonat
Gynaecology and Obstetrics Clinic, University of Kiel, Germany
Br J Cancer 78:5-8. 1998..A number of large, randomized trials are now in progress to assess the potential role of goserelin as adjuvant therapy for early breast cancer...
- Body weight and incidence of breast cancer defined by estrogen and progesterone receptor status--a meta-analysisReiko Suzuki
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 124:698-712. 2009..The relation between body weight and breast cancer risk is critically dependent on the tumor's ER/PR status and the woman's menopausal status. Body weight control is the effective strategy for preventing ER+PR+ tumors after menopause...
- Chemotherapy is more effective in patients with breast cancer not expressing steroid hormone receptors: a study of preoperative treatmentMarco Colleoni
Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:6622-8. 2004..The purpose of this research was to identify factors predicting response to preoperative chemotherapy...
- Randomized adjuvant trial of tamoxifen and goserelin versus cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil: evidence for the superiority of treatment with endocrine blockade in premenopausal patients with hormone-responsive breast cancer--Austrian BreasRaimund Jakesz
Department of Surgery, Vienna University, Vienna General Hospital, Austria
J Clin Oncol 20:4621-7. 2002..The purpose of Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group Trial 5 was to compare the efficacy of a combination endocrine treatment with standard chemotherapy...
- SERMs for the treatment and prevention of breast cancerRamona F Swaby
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 8:229-39. 2007..Overall, SERMs continue to fulfill their promise as appropriate medicines that target specific populations for the treatment and prevention of breast cancer...
- A prospective study of urinary oestrogen excretion and breast cancer riskT J Key
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
Br J Cancer 73:1615-9. 1996..016). We conclude that high levels of endogenous oestrogens in post-menopausal women are associated with increased breast cancer risk, but that the relationship of oestrogens in premenopausal women with risk is unclear...
- Low iron stores: a risk factor for excessive hair loss in non-menopausal womenClaire Deloche
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
Eur J Dermatol 17:507-12. 2007..Analysis of variance and logistic regression show that a low iron store represents a risk factor for hair loss in non-menopausal women...
- Grand multiparity and the risk of breast cancer: population-based study in FinlandM Hinkula
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Cancer Causes Control 12:491-500. 2001..We extended these studies to a nationwide cohort of women with at least five births (grand multiparas = GM) by assessing the significance of parity, age at first birth, and average birth interval to the risk of breast cancer...
- Prospective case-control study of premenopausal serum estradiol and testosterone levels and breast cancer riskJoanne F Dorgan
Fox Chase Cancer Center, hiladelphia, PA 19111, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:R98. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine whether estradiol and testosterone levels in serum collected before menopause are associated with subsequent breast cancer risk...
- Pre- versus postmenopausal age, estradiol, and peptide-secretagogue type determine pulsatile growth hormone secretion in healthy women: studies using submaximal agonist drive and an estrogen clampSusan B Hudson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Clinical Translational Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:353-60. 2010..GH-releasing peptide (GHRP), GHRH, and somatostatin are physiological regulators of pulsatile GH secretion...
- Body size across the life course, mammographic density, and risk of breast cancerHolly R Harris
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:909-18. 2011..Conversely, mammographic density does not appear to explain the inverse association between childhood and adolescent body fatness and breast cancer risk...
- Dietary vitamin D and calcium intake and premenopausal breast cancer risk in a German case-control studySascha Abbas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Nutr Cancer 59:54-61. 2007..29). No statistically significant interaction between the 2 nutrients was observed. Our data support a protective effect of dietary vitamin D on premenopausal breast cancer risk independent of dietary calcium intake...
- Does the intensity of an exercise programme modulate body composition changes?V Mougios
Laboratory of Sport Hygiene and Nutrition, Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Sports Med 27:178-81. 2006..Thus, both programmes may prove useful in eliciting favourable changes depending on which target (weight loss or maintenance of fat-free mass) is of higher priority...
- Urinary estrogen metabolites during a randomized soy trialYukiko Morimoto
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Nutr Cancer 64:307-14. 2012..13) and nonproducers (P = 0.23). These findings suggest a beneficial influence of soy foods on estrogen metabolism regardless of equol producer status...
- Associations between mammographic density and body composition in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women by menopause statusGraciela Caire-Juvera
Nutrition Department, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Sonora, Mexico
Menopause 15:319-25. 2008..To evaluate the associations of body composition, including percentage of lean and fat mass, with the percentage of mammographic density and mammographic dense area among pre- and postmenopausal Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women...
- Association of serum undercarboxylated osteocalcin with serum estradiol in pre-, peri- and early post-menopausal womenT Yasui
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Endocrinol Invest 29:913-8. 2006....
- Reference curve of bone ultrasound measurements in proximal phalanges in normal Spanish womenJuan Diego Pedrera Zamorano
Department of Medicine, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Densitom 6:373-80. 2003..The premenopausal decline in AD-SoS requires further longitudinal studies, although in our experience it may depend on dietary habits and/or a diminished quality, though not quantity, of bone in this period of a woman's fertile life...
- Safety and efficacy of a testosterone metered-dose transdermal spray for treating decreased sexual satisfaction in premenopausal women: a randomized trialSusan Davis
Women s Health Program, Department of Medicine, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Ann Intern Med 148:569-77. 2008..It is not known whether premenopausal women who report low sexual satisfaction and have low circulating testosterone levels will benefit from testosterone therapy...
- The volume of nipple aspirate fluid is not affected by 6 months of treatment with soy foods in premenopausal womenGertraud Maskarinec
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Nutr 141:626-30. 2011..50 for diet; P-interaction = 0.21 for diet with time). Contrary to an earlier report, soy foods in amounts consumed by Asians did not increase breast tissue activity as assessed by NAF volume...
- Combined treatment with buserelin and tamoxifen in premenopausal metastatic breast cancer: a randomized studyJ G Klijn
Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute, University Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:903-11. 2000....
- Serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, metabolic profile, and breast cancer riskAnne Sofie Furberg
Section of Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, Institute of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1152-60. 2004..HDL-C represents an important aspect of the syndrome, yet its role in breast cancer is still undefined...
- Physical exercise reduces risk of breast cancer in Japanese womenKaoru Hirose
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681
Cancer Sci 94:193-9. 2003..This study provides evidence that physical exercise, especially exercise twice a week or more, reduces the risk of breast cancer among Japanese women...
- Estrogen levels in nipple aspirate fluid and serum during a randomized soy trialGertraud Maskarinec
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1815-21. 2011..On the basis of hypothesized protective effect, we examined the effect of soy foods on estrogens in nipple aspirate fluid (NAF) and serum, possible indicators of breast cancer risk...
- Neurobiology of the Menopausal TransitionYolanda R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recruits will be women aged 40-55 years, stratified into panels representing premenopause, early perimenopause, late perimenopause and natural postmenopause defined by follicle-stimulating hormone ..
- Hot flashes and memory dysfunction in the perimenopauseMIRIAM T WEBER; Fiscal Year: 2013..vasomotor symptoms (VMS;hot flashes and night sweats) are a mechanism for memory changes in the transition from premenopause to perimenopause to postmenopause...
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Density, IGF-I, & Prolactin, in Four PopulationsGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2004..The statistical analysis will include mixed models to explore the relation between hormone levels and breast density while controlling for confounders and for clustering by study location. ..
- Soy Consumption and Breast Tissue ProliferationGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Effects of Soy on Estrogens in Breast Fluid and UrineGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NAF approach is the only way to learn more about the beneficial and adverse effects of soy directly in the female breast without applying invasive procedures to women without breast disease or surgery. ..
- NESTED CASE CONTROL STUDY OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Nutritional Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in the Multiethnic CohortGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Michigan CenterMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Frequency of aerobic/resistance training in older womenGary Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information is critical to our understanding of ways to improve well being, quality of life, and independence of an aging population. ..
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- ADJUVANT HORMONAL THERAPY IN VIETNAMESE BREAST CANCERRichard Love; Fiscal Year: 2005..The investigators have a trial with a rich database and systems to develop further useful data on breast cancer relevant to all women. ..
- The Role of Prolactin in the Etiology of Postmenopausal Breast CancerShelley Tworoger; Fiscal Year: 2008..This potentially may affect public health by increasing our understanding of how breast cancer develops, which in turn can lead to a better understanding of how to prevent this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Yoga for Hyperkyphosis TrialGail Greendale; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the end of this phase we will again measure study endpoints to assess whether participants have maintained the physical function achieved at the end of the RCT. ..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized WomenPatricia Moorman; Fiscal Year: 2007..It should have considerable public health impact given the high frequency of the procedure and the important health consequences of early ovarian failure. ..
- Sex Steroids & Mammographic Density in the PostmenopauseGail Greendale; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will quantify the relations between the hormone and genetic exposures measured in this project and mammographic density (at baseline as well as change in density between baseline and 12 months). ..
- Metabolic and Epidemiologic Evaluation of Choline and Betaine IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Altered Breast Methylation after Low/Hi Dose IsoflavonesEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Menopause Depression and AgingJoyce T Bromberger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increasing knowledge of the risks for depression in aging women and the factors that protect them from depression can identify targets for intervention at the prevention as well as the acute treatment level. ..
- Evaluation of Biological Relevance of Choline IntakeEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from the proposed grant will enhance understanding of the role of choline intake in humans and lay the groundwork for future studies on choline intake and overall methyl-group-deficient diet and cancer. ..
- Lifetime body weight and premenopausal breast cancerKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Maternal obesity, intrauterine gene expression and breast cancerKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METHODOLOGIC ISSUES IN NUTRITIONAL EPIDEMIOLOGYKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2002..We aim to provide guidance to researchers who wish to explore diet-disease relations in how to use data best to obtain most valid results and avoid pitfalls which might produce misleading associations. ..
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Letrozole in High Risk WomenCarol J Fabian; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Breast Cancer Risk Biomarkers and Energy BalanceCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHEMOPREVENTION FOR WOMEN AT HIGH RISK OF BREAST CANCERCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The answer impacts on the entire future of breast cancer chemoprevention development efforts. ..
- Mammographic Density and Soy IsoflavonesLee Jane W Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study may lead to a novel, non-invasive and economical approach to breast cancer prevention. ..
- MODELING THE MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION AND MENOPAUSEJAY KAPLAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore the proposed program is directly relevant to the missions of multiple NIHInstitutes, including - butnot limited to - NIA, NICHD, NHLBI, NIDDKand NIMH. ..
- Bone Response to Soy Isoflavones in WomenD Lee Alekel; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- SOY, LIFE STAGE, STRESS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN FEMALESJAY KAPLAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Phytoestrogens and breast cancer riskSusan McCann; Fiscal Year: 2006..These investigations, combining retrospective and experimental designs, as well as genetic analyses, will help to elucidate the role of dietary phytoestrogen intake in the etiology of a hormone- sensitive cancer. ..
- FlaxSeed Lignan for Breast Cancer ChemopreventionCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..If positive, the results of this study will be critical to the design and implementation of a placebo-controlled Phase II prevention trial with Brevail and/or commercial flaxseed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen and Aging effects on Transvaginal TransportGeorge Gorodeski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validation of Preschool and High School Diet RecallKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly we will determine whether the validity of recall depends on characteristics such as time between diet record and FFQ, number of children, gender of the subject, and nutritional status. ..
- Effects of Early Abuse on Adult Intimate RelationshipsCindy M Meston; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings from this investigation will have implications for understanding both the psychological and physiological mechanisms that link CA with detrimental intimacy/relational factors in adulthood. ..
- Pittsburgh Mind-Body Center-IIKaren Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2008..Support-in-kind from the host institutions will enable us to leverage the funds provided by the RFA to expand Center activities that would not otherwise be possible. ..
- Adolescent Diet, Hormones & Breast Cancer SusceptibilityJoanne Dorgan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Because diet is a modifiable risk factor, results of this proposed study could be used to develop strategies for prevention. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF THE LATE REPRODUCTIVE YEARSEllen W Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- REDUCTION OF TRIGLYCERIDES IN WOMEN ON HRTLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RELAPSE AND PREDICTORS OF DEPRESSION IN PREGNANCYLee Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineating of these subgroups provides an opportunity to screen for women "at risk" for relapse and allows for thoughtful treatment plan. ..
- Ginkgo Biloba: Antidepressant-Induced Sexual DysfunctionCindy Meston; Fiscal Year: 2003..If effective, GBE could play a significant adjunctive role in the treatment of clinical depression and other psychological disorders commonly treated with antidepressant medications. ..
- Pregnancy Hormonal Profile/Biomarker Breast Cancer RiskAlan Arslan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, specific hormone(s) or its analogues responsible for protective effect of pregnancy against breast cancer could be used for development of novel strategies for primary chemoprevention of breast cancer. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- Serum Vitamin D, Genetic Polymorphisms & Ovarian CancerAlan Arslan; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- OBESITY IN BLACK WOMENJeanine Albu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Luminal Lipid Exposure, Genetics and Colon Cancer RiskIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, accumulated dietary data and biological specimens will serve as an important resource for future research on other nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- Prognostic Significance of DNA and Histone MethylationChandrika Piyathilake; Fiscal Year: 2007..Investigator talent, equipment, facilities and access to study subjects at UAB are ideal for conducting this study. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMOLLY CARR; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also elucidate the mechanisms that underlie the shifts in LDL size with oral and transdermal ERT. ..
- Lifestyle Factors and Type 2 Diabetes in Black WomenJulie Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Because the follow-up and data collection are funded by another grant, the proposed large study of modifiable risk factors for type 2 diabetes can be carried out at a relatively modest cost. ..
- DNA METHYLATION AS A DETERMINANT OF BREAST CANCERNancy Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Taken together these studies should provide new insights into the biology of hormone resistance and possible novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BEHAVIORAL CORRELATES OF RECURRENCE IN BREAST CANCERBette Caan; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also establish a resource for future studies where predictors of long term survival can be examined ..