Genomes and Genes
Summary: The three approximately equal periods of a normal human PREGNANCY. Each trimester is about three months or 13 to 14 weeks in duration depending on the designation of the first day of gestation.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Pregnancy outcome following exposure to permethrin and use of teratogen informationD Kennedy
MotherSafe, Royal Hospital for Women and University of NSW, Randwick, Australia
Am J Perinatol 22:87-90. 2005..We also found that some women will not use a product during pregnancy unless they can receive a 100% guarantee that it will not harm their baby...
- Thin basement membrane nephropathy in pregnancyDavid Packham
Department of Medicine, The Northern Hospital, University of Melbourne, Epping, Victoria, Australia
Semin Nephrol 25:180-3. 2005..Overall, pregnancy in women with TBMN does not appear to be attended by a significantly increased maternal or fetal risk...
- Prevalence and correlates of objectively measured physical activity and sedentary behavior among US pregnant womenKelly R Evenson
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Prev Med 53:39-43. 2011..This study described the prevalence and correlates of objectively-measured physical activity and sedentary behavior among United States pregnant women...
- Physical activity level and weight gain in a cohort of pregnant Norwegian womenLene A H Haakstad
Department of Sports Medicine, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Ulleval Stadion, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:559-64. 2007..It is generally recommended that healthy, pregnant women should engage in moderate exercise on most days of the week. However, there is scant knowledge about the overall physical activity and exercise levels among pregnant women...
- Iron needs during pregnancy: do we need to rethink our targets?G H Beaton
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 72:265S-271S. 2000..The final plea is to set aside existing traditions and, instead, attempt to develop functional criteria for anemia and establish functional goals of hemoglobin concentrations to be achieved during pregnancy...
- Increase in use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in pregnancy during the last decade, a population-based cohort study from the NetherlandsMarian K Bakker
EUROCAT Registration of Congenital Anomalies, Department of Genetics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:600-6. 2008..However, the extent of SSRI use in pregnancy is largely unknown...
- Prevalence of depression during pregnancy: systematic reviewHeather A Bennett
Faculty of Pharmacy and Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 103:698-709. 2004....
- Uptake of cobalamin and markers of cobalamin status: a longitudinal study of healthy pregnant womenEva Greibe
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:1877-82. 2011..Currently, it is unknown whether the decline in plasma cobalamin observed during pregnancy is caused by malabsorption of the vitamin. This study examined cobalamin absorption and markers of cobalamin status during normal pregnancy...
- Blood pressure in different gestational trimesters, fetal growth, and the risk of adverse birth outcomes: the generation R studyRachel Bakker
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 174:797-806. 2011..03, 95% confidence interval: 3.31, 7.62). The present results suggest that higher maternal blood pressure is associated with impaired fetal growth during the third trimester of pregnancy and increased risks of adverse birth outcomes...
- Overutilization of antenatal care in NorwayB Backe
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Scand J Public Health 29:129-32. 2001..In 1984, official guidelines were issued recommending a reduction of the number of routine visits. However, no studies have been performed in order to monitor whether the recommendations are followed...
- Prenatal and postpartum depression in fathers and its association with maternal depression: a meta-analysisJames F Paulson
Department of Pediatrics, Eastern Virginia Medical School, E V Williams Hall, 855 W Brambleton Ave, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
JAMA 303:1961-9. 2010..Paternal depression during this period may have similar characteristics, but data are based on an emerging and currently inconsistent literature...
- Paroxetine and congenital malformations: meta-Analysis and consideration of potential confounding factorsBenjamin Bar-Oz
Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Ther 29:918-26. 2007..Antidepressants have been commonly used by women of childbearing age. Recent studies suggest that paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), might specifically increase teratogenic risk...
- Drug prescription patterns before, during and after pregnancy for chronic, occasional and pregnancy-related drugs in the NetherlandsM K Bakker
EUROCAT Northern Netherlands, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
BJOG 113:559-68. 2006..To compare the prescription of drugs in women over a period from 2 years before until 3 months after pregnancy, regarding the type of drugs used and the fetal risk...
- Fetal DNA detection in maternal plasma throughout gestationSilvia Galbiati
Unit of Genomics for Diagnosis of Human Pathologies, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Hum Genet 117:243-8. 2005..No SRY amplification was obtained in seven out of the 246 (2.8%) male-bearing pregnancies. Fetal DNA from maternal plasma seems to be an adequate and reliable source of genetic material for a noninvasive prenatal diagnostic approach...
- Assessment of weight gain during pregnancy in general prenatal care services in BrazilL Bertoldi Nucci
Departamento de Medicina Social, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035-003, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 17:1367-74. 2001....
- Prenatal genotyping of RHD and SRY using maternal bloodI Randen
Department of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Vox Sang 85:300-6. 2003..Duplex PCR, amplifying RHD and SRY in the same tube, was undertaken. The effect of varying storage temperatures on the concentration of fetal DNA was investigated in a separate study involving 10 RhD-negative pregnant women...
- Methodological issues in studies of air pollution and reproductive healthTracey J Woodruff
Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Environ Res 109:311-20. 2009..This work is of critical public health importance because of widespread exposure and because perinatal outcomes are important markers of future child and adult health...
- Malaria burden among pregnant women living in the rural district of Boromo, Burkina FasoSheick Oumar Coulibaly
Laboratoire National de Santé Publique, Ouagadougou 09, Burkina Faso
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:56-60. 2007..This requires a major effort by the health authorities to guarantee all pregnant women have access to and use preventive measures...
- Maternal smoking and fetal growth characteristics in different periods of pregnancy: the generation R studyVincent W V Jaddoe
The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 165:1207-15. 2007..The larger effect on femur length suggests that smoking during pregnancy affects primarily peripheral tissues...
- Prevalence and risk factors for anaemia in pregnant women: a population-based prospective cohort study in ChinaQiaoyi Zhang
Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 23:282-91. 2009..The risk increases with the severity of hypertensive disorders. Folic acid supplementation during the peri-conception period is associated with reduced risk of 1st trimester anaemia...
- Different cutoff points for different trimesters? The use of Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale and Beck Depression Inventory to screen for depression in pregnant Taiwanese womenKuan Pin Su
Department of Psychiatry, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:436-41. 2007....
- Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy: maternal characteristics and risk factorsCarol Louik
Slone Epidemiology Centre, Boston University, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:270-8. 2006..Together with selected demographic characteristics that differentiate early- vs. late-onset NVP, these findings warrant further investigation...
- Eating disorders symptoms in pregnancy: a longitudinal study of women with recent and past eating disorders and obesityNadia Micali
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 63:297-303. 2007..To determine the impact of pregnancy on eating disorders (ED) symptoms using data from a large prospective, community-based cohort study...
- Accuracy of fetal gender detection using a conventional nested PCR assay of maternal plasma in daily practiceWarunee Tungwiwat
Biomedical Science Program, Graduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 48:501-4. 2008..Therefore, fetal gender detection in maternal plasma with a conventional multiplex PCR assay is highly accurate in daily practice which should prove useful for non-invasive prenatal screening of sex-linked genetic disorders...
- [Fetal sex determination with real time PCR of fetal DNA in maternal plasma]Levente Lazar
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, I Szülészeti és Nógyógyászati Klinika Budapest
Orv Hetil 144:2405-9. 2003..A possible application is fetal sex determination for couples at risk of X-linked diseases. The aim of this study was to control the reliability and reproducibility of the real-time PCR amplification of the SRY region...
- Feasibility study of using fetal DNA in maternal plasma for non-invasive prenatal diagnosisFu min Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, Jiangsu Province, Xuzhou, P R China
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:535-41. 2007..The objective of our study was to investigate the feasibility of using fetal DNA in maternal plasma for prenatal diagnosis...
- [Detection of fetal SRY gene in maternal plasma by real-time fluorescence quantitative PCR]Chen Chun Ren
Tianjin Central Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tianjin, 300052 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 21:386-8. 2004..To isolate fetal DNA from maternal plasma and examine its fetal origin...
- Further analysis of the risk of adverse birth outcome after maternal use of fluoroquinolonesPia Wogelius
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:323-6. 2005..7 (95% CI, 0.3-2.0) and the prevalence ratio of bone malformations was 2.2 (95% CI, 0.7-6.7). Our study raises the concern that prenatal fluoroquinolone exposure may be associated with an increased risk of bone malformations...
- Uterine artery Doppler screening for adverse pregnancy outcomeAris T Papageorghiou
Fetal Medicine Unit, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:584-90. 2005..This article reviews publications in the area of uterine artery Doppler screening that were published during the past year...
- Sleep disturbances in Chinese pregnant womenPui Ling Leung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
BJOG 112:1568-71. 2005..8%vs 5.3%, P < 0.01). Subjective sleepiness, as determined by the ESS, increased significantly from 8.6 to 9.4 and 9.6 in the first, second and third trimesters, respectively...
- Maternal alcohol abuse and neonatal infectionTheresa W Gauthier
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:1035-43. 2005..Since chronic alcohol use suppresses the adult immune system, we tested the hypothesis that maternal alcohol ingestion increases the risk of infection in term newborns...
- Effectiveness of comprehensive supports for schizophrenic women during pregnancy and puerperium: preliminary studyOsamu Nishizawa
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of the Ryukyus, Faculty of Medicine, Nishihara, Okinawa, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:665-71. 2007....
- Trimester-specific blood pressure levels in relation to maternal pre-pregnancy body mass indexRaymond S Miller
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 21:487-94. 2007..Elevated pregnancy BPs associated with maternal pre-gestational BMI are consistent with a large body of literature that documents increased pre-eclampsia risk among overweight and obese women...
- Modes of delivery of first and second twins as a function of their presentation. Study of 614 consecutive patients from 1992 to 2000Olivier Sibony
Department of Perinatalogy, Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Robert Debre, 48 Boulevard Serurier, 75019 Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 126:180-5. 2006..To study modes of delivery and neonatal morbidity of twins as a function of their presentation...
- Ultrasound and fetal diagnosisKaren Filkins
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:185-95. 2005..The purpose of this review is to highlight publications from the last year that have advanced the use of ultrasound in obstetrics...
- [Surgery during pregnancy]H Lang
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Chirurg 76:744-52. 2005..Due to the problems of prematurity, any surgery during pregnancy should be carried out only in perinatal clinics outfitted with neonatologic intensive care units...
- Headaches during pregnancy in women with a prior history of menstrual headachesEliana Melhado
Department of Neurology, State University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:934-40. 2005....
- Changes in bowel function: pregnancy and the puerperiumEmma J Derbyshire
Academy of Sport, Physical Activity and Well Being, London South Bank University, London, UK
Dig Dis Sci 52:324-8. 2007..07). This study has confirmed the importance of investigating a range of bowel habit parameters during and after pregnancy-investigation of constipation per se may obscure changes in individual bowel habit parameters...
- Influenza vaccination in pregnancy: current evidence and selected national policiesTippi K Mak
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Lancet Infect Dis 8:44-52. 2008..The evidence of excess mortality in two previous influenza pandemics supports vaccinating in any trimester during a pandemic...
- Constipation in pregnancy: prevalence, symptoms, and risk factorsCatherine S Bradley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:1351-7. 2007..To prospectively estimate constipation prevalence and risk factors in pregnancy...
- Prevalence and predictors of antidepressant use in a cohort of pregnant womenE Ramos
Research Center, CHU Sainte Justine Hosptial, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJOG 114:1055-64. 2007....
- Clinical and immunologic evaluation of women with multiple sclerosis during and after pregnancyMaija Saraste
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Gend Med 4:45-55. 2007..After delivery, however, the relapse rate increases. Despite early recognition of this pattern of disease activity, its explanation remains a mystery...
- Assessment of recreational physical activity during pregnancy in epidemiologic studies of birthweight and length of gestation: methodologic aspectsLisa Chasan-Taber
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Women Health 45:85-107. 2007..Recommendations are made for the future assessment of recreational physical activity in epidemiologic studies of these major birth outcomes...
- Gestational age at cervical length measurement and incidence of preterm birthVincenzo Berghella
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 834 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:311-7. 2007..To estimate the risk of spontaneous preterm birth based on transvaginal ultrasound cervical length and gestational age at which cervical length was measured...
- Changes in abdominal dimensions during late gestation and early lactation in Holstein-Friesian heifers and cows and their relationship to left displaced abomasumT Wittek
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Vet Rec 161:155-61. 2007..The depth of the abdomen and the vertical distance between the ventral abdomen and the descending duodenum were greater in the cows with a previous history of LDA than in those without...
- [Current problems in the treatment of Graves' disease in pregnancy and in lactation]Naoko Momotani
Division of Endocrinology, Tokyo Health Service Association
Nihon Rinsho 64:2297-302. 2006..In later pregnancy, maternal free thyroxine is maintained near or somewhat above normal. Ablative therapy is not recommended in women whose TRAb levels are extremely high from the standpoint of fetal thyroid state...
- [Specific course of neurocirculatory dystonia in pregnancy]V I Makolkin
Ter Arkh 79:55-7. 2007..To study specific features of a course of neurocirculatory dystonia (NCD) in pregnancy, effects of NCD on a gestational process...
- Adnexal masses in pregnancy: a 5-year reviewIbha Kumari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:52-4. 2006..Two of the women had malignant ovarian tumours. There was no difference in gestational age at delivery or birth weight in patients undergoing emergency surgery versus elective surgery...
- Asthma exacerbations during pregnancy: incidence and association with adverse pregnancy outcomesV E Murphy
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, Newcastle, New South Wales 2310, Australia
Thorax 61:169-76. 2006..Pregnant women may be less likely to receive oral steroids for the emergency management of asthma. The effective management and prevention of asthma exacerbations during pregnancy is important for the health of both the mother and fetus...
- [Multiple sclerosis and pregnancy]S Vukusic
Service de Neurologie A, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69677 Bron Cedex
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:299-309. 2006..The preventive effect of progesterone combined with estradiol on post partum relapses will be tested in a large-scale randomized and placebo-controlled European trial, the POPART'MUS study...
- Prospective evaluation of abnormal liver function tests in pregnancyK Harish
Calicut Medical College, Kozhikode 673 008, Kerala
Trop Gastroenterol 26:188-93. 2005..Incidence of the most serious conditions AFLP and HELLP syndromes is much greater than what has been reported and is often associated with a high maternal mortality and poor perinatal outcome...
- A longitudinal study of nausea and vomiting, fatigue and perceived stress in, and social support for, pregnant women through the three trimestersFan Hao Chou
Faculty of Nursing, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 24:306-14. 2008..This will help health care professionals to provide more effective and appropriate care strategies based on the different stages of pregnancy...
- Peak flow values by gestation in women with asthmaClaudia Anderson Beckmann
College of Nursing, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102 1897, USA
Clin Nurs Res 17:174-81. 2008..001) and the second and third trimesters (>.007). Findings from the present study contradict those of studies on pregnant women without asthma...
- Immunoparasitological evaluation of Trichinella spiralis infection during human pregnancy: a small case seriesGuillermo G Nuñez
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires RA Margni Humoral Immunity Studies Institute IDEHU, National Research Council CONICET, Junín Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 102:662-8. 2008..The results also indicate that the transplacental passage of migrating larvae is possible...
- Anorectal symptoms in pregnancy and the postpartum periodAmy L O'Boyle
Department of Obstetrics, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
J Reprod Med 53:151-4. 2008..To determine the frequency of anorectal complaints in nulliparous, pregnant women before and after delivery...
- Physiology of alpha-fetoprotein as a biomarker for perinatal distress: relevance to adverse pregnancy outcomeGerald J Mizejewski
The Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:993-1004. 2007..Hence, the present review was divided into two major sections: (I) AFP structure and function considerations and (II) the relationship of AFP levels to the distressed fetus during the third trimester and at term...
- A prospective study to investigate the relationship between periodontal disease and adverse pregnancy outcomeS Moore
Restorative Dentistry, Floor 21 Guy s Tower, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas Dental Institute, King s College, London SE1 9RT
Br Dent J 197:251-8; discussion 247. 2004..This study aimed to investigate a relationship between maternal periodontal disease and preterm birth, low birth weight and late miscarriage...
- Treating depression in pregnancy: practical suggestionsLilian Gonsalves
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 73:1098-104. 2006..The authors offer practical guidelines for managing depression during pregnancy and lactation...
- The association between adverse pregnancy outcomes and maternal factor V Leiden genotype: a meta-analysisTracy E Dudding
Hunter Genetics, PO Box 84 Waratah, 2289, NSW, Australia
Thromb Haemost 91:700-11. 2004..Conversely, in those women known to have the factor V Leiden mutation, monitoring for adverse pregnancy outcomes is warranted; whether this means increased vigilance or anti-coagulant prophylaxis is still contentious...
- Variation in newborn size according to pregnancy weight change by trimesterJudith E Brown
Department of Public Health Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454 1015, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 76:205-9. 2002..The timing of maternal weight change in pregnancy may be an important determinant of the newborn's size...
- Vigorous exercise and birth outcomes in a sample of recreational exercisers: a prospective study across pregnancyDianne Duncombe
School of Psychological Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:288-92. 2006..This study examined the question of whether vigorous exercise undertaken by recreational exercisers across pregnancy, defined in two ways, were associated with reduced infant birthweight and gestational age at birth...
- Laparoscopic surgery in the pregnant patient--one surgeon's experience in a small rural hospitalKerrey B Buser
Tri County Hospital, Lexington, Nebraska 68850, USA
JSLS 6:121-4. 2002..This report details 1 surgeon's experience over a 5-year period with laparoscopic surgery in the pregnant patient, primarily laparoscopic cholecystectomy, at a small rural Nebraska hospital...
- Growth hormone (GH) replacement therapy in GH-deficient women during pregnancyLena Wirén
RCEM Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 57:235-9. 2002..The present recommendation is to discontinue GH replacement therapy in hypopituitary women, as they become pregnant. We report our experience of managing GH deficiency with GH replacement therapy in pregnant hypopituitary women...
- Prevalence of thyroid disorders in pregnant women with mild iodine deficiencyV Fadeyev
Department of Endocrinology, Moscow Medical Academy, Bolshaja Pirogovskaja 2 6, Moscow, 119881, Russia
Gynecol Endocrinol 17:413-8. 2003..TPO antibody carrier status in pregnant women is probably not associated with a significant risk of thyroid dysfunction or spontaneous abortion...
- Blastomycosis and pregnancyLuciano B Lemos
Department of Pathology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:211-5. 2002..Even the three women who received no treatment had either noticeable improvement or total regression of the disease after delivery. One of the two stillborns with blastomycosis was born to an untreated mother...
- Profile of urinary arsenic metabolites during pregnancyClaudia Hopenhayn
School of Public Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40504 3381, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1888-91. 2003..Key words: arsenic, arsenic metabolism, arsenic methylation, Chile, pregnancy, urinary arsenic...
- Insulin and the "thrifty" woman: the influence of insulin during pregnancy on gestational weight gain and postpartum weight retentionTheresa O Scholl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey, USA
Matern Child Health J 6:255-61. 2002....
- Where there is no ultrasound: delay and failure of antenatal diagnosis of twin pregnancyM C Groot
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto, South Africa
Trop Doct 33:5-7. 2003..Until routine ultrasound is available to all pregnant women, the teaching of antenatal care in South Africa must give emphasis to clinical suspicion of twin pregnancy...
- Ultrasound determination of chorionicity and perinatal outcome in twin pregnancies using dividing membrane thicknessLuis A Bracero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N Y, USA
Gynecol Obstet Invest 55:50-7. 2003..To compare magnified with unmagnified images, and measurements taken with dividing membranes parallel and perpendicular to the ultrasound beam...
- Urinary iodine concentration during pregnancy in an area of unstable dietary iodine intake in SwitzerlandL Brander
Divisions of Clinical Chemistry, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Endocrinol Invest 26:389-96. 2003..As salt is the main source of dietary iodine in Switzerland, its iodine concentration was therefore increased nationwide in 1998 for the fourth time, following increases in 1922, 1965 and 1980...
- Q fever during pregnancy: diagnosis, treatment, and follow-upDidier Raoult
Unite des Rickettsies, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine, CNRS UMR 6020, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Arch Intern Med 162:701-4. 2002..Q fever, caused by Coxiella burnetii, may result in abortions, premature deliveries, and stillbirths in infected pregnant women...
- Obstetric and neonatal outcomes associated with maternal naltrexone exposureG K Hulse
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:424-8. 2001..These case data indicate that naltrexone maintenance may have a role in the management of the pregnant heroin user...
- Noninvasive ultrasound assessment of maternal vascular reactivity during pregnancy: a longitudinal studyWendy L Kinzler
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 177, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:362-6. 2004..To estimate the pattern of maternal vascular reactivity in normal and high-risk pregnancies using postocclusion brachial artery diameter...
- Vitamin profile of 563 gravidas during trimesters of pregnancyHerman Baker
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07107, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 21:33-7. 2002....
- Severity of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection in pregnant womenAndreea A Creanga
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Office of Workforce and Career Development, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:717-26. 2010..To examine 2009 H1N1 influenza illness severity and the effect of antiviral treatment on the severity of illness among pregnant women...
- Reliability and validity of the Dutch version of the maternal antenatal attachment scaleJohan C H van Bussel
Institute of Family and Sexuality Sciences, Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:267-77. 2010..expectant mothers completed a booklet with questionnaires in the first (T1), second (T2), and third (T3) pregnancy trimesters. In addition to the MAAS (T1-T3), the following measures were used: the Marlowe-Crowne Social Desirability ..
- Mother's anxiety and depression and associated risk factors during early pregnancy: effects on fetal growth and activity at 20-22 weeks of gestationAna Conde
School of Psychology, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 31:70-82. 2010..Scale (EPDS)) and related socio demographics and substance consumption were obtained at the 1st and 2nd pregnancy trimesters, and fetus' (N = 147) biometric data and behavior was recorded during ultrasound examination at 20-22 weeks ..
- HIV RNA viral load and CD4+ T-cell counts in HIV-infected pregnant women with and without treatment discontinuation in early pregnancyEnrica Tamburrini
Department of Infectious Diseases, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Antivir Ther 13:519-27. 2008..In pregnant women taking antiretroviral treatment at conception treatment may be transiently stopped for safety concerns. Limited data are available on the consequences of such discontinuations...
- Serum relaxin levels are reduced in pregnant women with a history of recurrent miscarriage, and correlate with maternal uterine artery Doppler indices in first trimesterDilly O C Anumba
Section of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 147:41-5. 2009..Defective implantation is a mechanism for recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL). We sought to determine whether the serum expression of human relaxin-2 (RLX) is impaired in women with a history of RPL...
- Effects of air pollution on birth weight among children born between 1995 and 1997 in Kaohsiung, TaiwanChun Yuh Yang
Institute of Public Health, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:807-16. 2003..at six air quality monitoring stations were used to estimate the influence of exposures on different pregnancy trimesters. This was done by averaging daily ambient air pollution concentrations during the corresponding days based ..
- The microRNA spectrum in 12 body fluidsJessica A Weber
Institute for Systems Biology, 1441 North 34th St, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Clin Chem 56:1733-41. 2010..Extracellular miRNAs in serum, plasma, saliva, and urine have recently been shown to be associated with various pathological conditions including cancer...
- Oxidative stress in diabetic pregnancy: SOD, CAT and GSH-Px activity and lipid peroxidation productsA Djordjevic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Novi Sad Medical Center, Serbia and Montenegro
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 16:367-72. 2004..Increased lipid peroxidation and reduced antioxidant status, despite good diabetic control, show that pregnant women are exposed to oxidative stress to a greater degree than controls...
- The outcome of pregnancies in 182 women with threatened miscarriageFaisal Mohammed Salih Basama
Sharoe Green Hospital, PR2 8DU, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 270:86-90. 2004..Bleeding in the first Trimester carries a higher rate of miscarriage (15%) than bleeding in the second trimester (5.6%) and bleeding before 6 weeks gestation in particular has the highest rate of miscarriage (29%)...
- Racial differences in prenatal care use in the United States: are disparities decreasing?Greg R Alexander
School of Public Health, Department of Maternal and Child Health, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1970-5. 2002..g., unmarried, young, or less-educated mothers...
- Oral healthcare considerations for the pregnant womanAjay G Nayak
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, MGVs Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray Dental College, Nashik, India 422003
Dent Update 39:51-4. 2012..Preventive, emergency, and routine dental procedures are all deemed suitable during various phases of pregnancy, with some treatment modifications and initial planning...
- Diet-treated gestational diabetes mellitus: comparison of early vs routine diagnosisJ Seth Hawkins
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:287.e1-6. 2008....
- [Human papilloma virus infection in pregnant women with normal pap-smears, HPV oncogenity and risk factors]Zbigniew Nowak
WSS im M Kopernika w Lodzi
Ginekol Pol 78:678-84. 2007..In pregnant women the latent-persistent infection easily changes into its active form. This process is related to changes in immunological response and concentration of the hormones...
- Submicroscopic Plasmodium falciparum infections in pregnancy in GhanaF P Mockenhaupt
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Trop Med Int Health 5:167-73. 2000..Submicroscopic P. falciparum infections are frequent and may contribute to mild anaemia and inflammation in seemingly aparasitaemic pregnant women...
- A longitudinal study of maternal anthropometric changes in normal weight, overweight and obese women during pregnancy and postpartumH Soltani
University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Br J Nutr 84:95-101. 2000..In conclusion, there is a tendency in the obese group to develop central obesity at the postpartum period...
- Interferon-gamma-producing T cells, pregnancy, and postpartum relapses of multiple sclerosisAnnette Langer-Gould
Department of Health Research and Policy, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Arch Neurol 67:51-7. 2010..To determine whether fluctuations in functional T-cell subsets can explain why multiple sclerosis (MS) relapses decline during pregnancy and increase in the postpartum period...
- Early antenatal care: does it make a difference to outcomes of pregnancy associated with syphilis? A systematic review and meta-analysisSarah J Hawkes
University College London Institute for Global Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e56713. 2013..We reviewed evidence on the optimal timing of antenatal interventions to prevent mother-to-child transmission of syphilis and its associated adverse outcomes...
- Risk of congenital anomalies in relation to the uptake of trihalomethane from drinking water during pregnancyRegina Grazuleviciene
Department of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vytauto DidŽiojo universitetas, Kaunas, Lithuania
Occup Environ Med 70:274-82. 2013..We investigated the relationship between individual THM uptake during the first trimester of pregnancy and congenital anomalies...
- [Status of zinc and copper in pregnant women and their changes during preeclampsia]Malek Mellouli Monia
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique B, centre de maternité et de néonatologie, Tunis, Tunisia
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 70:423-9. 2012..Zinc and copper are essential for the development and fetal growth. Their involvement in several maternal-fetal complications is not currently in any doubt...
- Appendiceal endometriosis presenting as acute appendicitis during pregnancyC M Perez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Lankenau Hospital, MLHS, Thomas Jefferson University Health System, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:164-7. 2007
- Consequences of varicella in pregnancy: a report of four casesIrena Narkeviciute
Clinic of Children s Diseases of Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Acta Paediatr 96:1099-100. 2007..One of them, whose mother contracted varicella 5 days before delivery, had a severe and complicated form of the disease. The infants who had herpes zoster did not have specific VZV-IgG antibodies at the onset of the disease...
- Ontogenetic localization and distribution of S-100beta protein in human placental tissuesEmanuela Marinoni
Laboratory of Perinatal Medicine and Molecular Biology, Second Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 99:1093-9. 2002..To investigate whether S-100beta, a brain-specific protein found in amniotic fluid and fetal circulation, is present in fetoplacental tissues throughout gestation...
- Myeloid and lymphoid dendritic cells in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsiaD Darmochwal-Kolarz
Department of Obstetrics and Perinatology, University School of Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Clin Exp Immunol 132:339-44. 2003..Furthermore, it seems possible that lower BDCA-2+ cells percentage and higher CD1c+ : BDCA-2+ ratio can be associated with increased Th1-type immunity in patients with pre-eclampsia...
- Immunohistochemical study of transferrin receptor expression in the placenta of pre-eclamptic pregnancyR Khatun
Department of Pathology, Kagawa Medical University, Kita gun 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, 761 0793 Kagawa, Japan
Placenta 24:870-6. 2003..The concentration of TFR in the peripheral blood also decreased in pre-eclampsia. These results suggest that TFR synthesis in the pre-eclampsia, especially in the placental trophoblasts, is decreased...
- Oral glucose tolerance testing outcomes among women at high risk for gestational diabetes mellitusModupe Akinrele Kuti
Department of Chemical Pathology, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
J Clin Pathol 64:718-21. 2011..This study aimed to determine the prevalence and relationships with known risk factors of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) at University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria...
- Nasal physiological changes during pregnancyC M Philpott
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:343-51. 2004..Pharmacological antagonism of oestrogens may therefore relieve nasal congestion and is currently under further research...
- Incidence and risk of cytomegalovirus infection during pregnancy in an urban area of Northern ItalyMassimo De Paschale
Microbiology Unit, Hospital of Legnano Milan, Via Candiani 2, 20025 Legnano MI, Italy
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2009:206505. 2009..The possibility to identify these cases and consequently to plan appropriate interventions, supports the use of screening during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester when the risk of infection is greater...
- ACTIVE MOMS: Physical Activity Intervention for Women with Gestational DiabetesDanielle Downs; Fiscal Year: 2007..The intervention will be implemented during the second and third pregnancy trimesters (-20-32 weeks gestation). The primary outcome is women's physical activity behaviors (e.g...
- FIV MODEL OF IN UTERO HIV INFECTION AND INTERVENTIONARLIN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2000..prevalence rates for cesarean-collected fetuses at multiple gestational time points representing all pregnancy trimesters. Statistical correlations will be sought between maternal blood and immunologic parameters and circulating ..
- GENE-METAL INTERACTIONS AND PARKINSON'S DISEASEHoward Hu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Race effects in oncologists' end-of-life communicationKathryn Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2007..The public health impact of this study is that we may prevent some suffering by African Americans at the end of life by understanding communication patterns between patients and oncologists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Theoretical Assessment of Exercise Beliefs During PregnancyHeather Hausenblas; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Examine physical activity levels during each trimester. And (4) explore potential mediators and moderators of the theory of behavior. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Consequences of Teenage ChildbearingKevin Lang; Fiscal Year: 2008..If the effects of teen motherhood are adverse even for the population at-risk, then education about the consequences is a potentially effective intervention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychosocial Res. to Improve Drug Treatment in PregnancyKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Project CARE(Cocaine Abuse in the Rural Environment)FONDA EYLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling maternal-fetal gene interactions: preterm birthVinod Misra; Fiscal Year: 2008..The educational climate and resources of the University, the commitment of his Department, and the expertise of his mentor will prepare Dr. Misra for a career as an independent investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Stress and Inflammatory Cytokines on PregnancyMary Coussons Read; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Obesity as a Barrier to Patient-Physician CommunicationKathryn Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TEEN TOBACCO USE IN A BIRTH COHORT & PRENATAL EFFECTSMARIE CORNELIUS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Also, with further physical and CNS maturation in adolescence, we can assess whether effects of PTE on growth, cognitive, neuropsychological, and behavioral outcomes are maintained and whether new deficits occur with maturation. ..
- Prenatal Factors and Risk of Bipolar DisorderALAN STEWART BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Maternal vitamin D, adiposity in early life, and risk of childhood asthma.Matthew W Gillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work also brings together a multidisciplinary research team with a proven track record of collaboration and expertise in nutritional, respiratory, and pediatric epidemiology. ..
- Improving primary care to prevent childhood obesityMatthew Gillman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prenatal factors and risk of autism in a Finnish national birth cohortALAN STEWART BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pregnancy and the Modulation of Multiple SclerosisAnnette Langer Gould; Fiscal Year: 2006..The search for the pregnancy-related factor or hormone responsible for the protective effect of pregnancy in MS may potentially lead to the development of novel treatments for MS and other Th1-driven autoimmune diseases. ..
- Altitude-induced hypoxia,IUGR and placental functionStacy Zamudio; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such work will aid substantially in elucidating the pathologies that involve placenta hypoxia, e.g., preeclampsia, diabetes and IUGR. ..
- Comorbid childhood anxiety and asthmaRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..That study will involve a longitudinal epidemiologic preventive intervention study aimed at reducing the risk of anxiety disorders among pediatric asthma/allergy patients. ..
- Rhesus-Human Adrenal Comparisons During AgingCharles Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Serologic Studies of Prenatal Factors in SchizophreniaAlan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2002..For this purpose, we shall quantify levels of these cytokines in 100 SSD cases and their respective matched controls, and compare these levels between the groups. ..
- Multimedia for Exercise During Pregnancy and PostpartumHeather Hausenblas; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DETECTION AND TREATMENT OF POSTPARTUM DEPRESSIONKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine & SurgeryMolly Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Funding is requested to help reimburse the conference expenses of our outstanding invited speakers and of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL INSULT AND BRAIN ANOMALY IN SCHIZOPHRENIAAlan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- OXIDATIVE STRESS, ANTIOXIDANT STATUS & PREGNANCY OUTCOMETheresa Scholl; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Media Effects on Eating Disorder Symptoms: Meta-analysisHeather Hausenblas; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PARTNER ASSISTED INTERVENTIONS FOR PREGNANT SMOKERSKathryn Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2001..The primary outcomes of interest will be rates of smoking cessation among pregnant women and levels of perceived partner support for cessation at all follow-ups. ..
- Pre- and peri-natal predictors of childhood obesityMatthew Gillman; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study promise to unravel some knotty epidemiologic issues in the early origins of obesity, and to open up new potential avenues for primordial obesity prevention. ..
- International Congress--Origins of Health and DiseaseMatthew Gillman; Fiscal Year: 2005..For trainees and young investigators, the program will include a welcome reception/awards ceremony, meet-the-professor luncheon roundtables, reduced registration fees, and travel stipends. ..
- MATERNAL ALCOHOL IMPAIRS FETAL ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGETHERESA GAUTHIER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the modulatory role of GSH availability in AM function will broaden our understanding of GSH supplements not only as a possible therapy for infants exposed to ETOH in utero but premature infants in general. ..
- Maternal fatty acids, child obesity, and asthma immunityMatthew Gillman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work also brings together a multidisciplinary research team with a proven track record of collaboration and expertise in immunology, epidemiology, and biostatistics. ..
- EFFECTS OF MORPHINE ON PULMONARY INFLUENZA INFECTIONMary Coussons Read; Fiscal Year: 2006..Importantly, this project will establish a new and meritorious research program that will provide increased research opportunities for UCD students. ..
- Understanding Change in Physical Activity PostpartumKELLY EVENSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal directly addresses the need to better understand multi-level factors involved in physical activity behavior change, RFA #CA-04-009 "Mechanisms of Physical Activity Behavior Change". ..
- Parenting, Sibling-Support, and Infant DevelopmentJeffrey French; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we will carefully document qualitative patterns of offspring care toward infants that differ in chimeric status. ..
- Spousal communication and cancer prevention behaviorKELLY EVENSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this research is to develop better interventions which help prevent cancer, and other chronic health conditions, by involving spouses in preventive behavior change programs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Influence of Genetics and Air Pollution Exposures on Birth OutcomesKathleen Mortimer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Study designs that allow for cost-efficient participant recruitment and sample collection would guide future cohort studies of children's environmental health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A new tool to diagnose female urinary incontinenceCatherine Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2008..Bradley's research career development. Dr. Bradley has the enthusiastic support of the Colleges of Medicine and Public Health, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecologv and her mentors and collaborators. ..
- ANXIETY, DISINHIBITION, AND RISK FOR DRUG ABUSEKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotypic indices of vulnerability using combinations of clinical and psychophysiological measures. ..
- Organized Self-Management Support for Chronic DepressionEvette Ludman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Fetal Lead Exposure, Genes, and NeurodevelopmentHoward Hu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research promises to provide key insights into mechanisms of neurotoxicity, individual susceptibility, and both behavior and cognition as toxic endpoints. ..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- ALCOHOL'S EFFECTS ON THE DEVELOPING ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGETHERESA GAUTHIER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Perinatal Depression on PTD and LBWKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further, if we determine antidepressants increase the risk of adverse perinatal outcomes, treatment with psychotherapy rather than antidepressants should be considered when recommending therapeutic options. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treating PMS/PMDD--Research versus Clinical RealityKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003....