Genomes and Genes
Summary: The study of biological systems as affected by time. Aging, biological rhythms, and cyclic phenomena are included. Statistical, computer-aided mathematical procedures are used to describe, in mathematical terminology, various biological functions over time.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Chronomics, neuroendocrine feedsidewards and the recording and consulting of nowcasts--forecasts of geomagneticsR Jozsa
University Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Biomed Pharmacother 59:S24-30. 2005..In planning studies and before starting, one may gain from consulting forecasts and the highly reliable nowcasts, respectively...
- Chronobiology and chronotoxicology of antibiotics and aminoglycosidesDenis Beauchamp
Research Center on Infectious Diseases and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Pavilion CHUL, Canada
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:896-903. 2007....
- Chronobiology and chronotherapy of allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthmaMichael H Smolensky
School of Public Health, RAS Rm W606, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1200 Herman Pressler, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:852-82. 2007Study of the chronobiology of allergic rhinitis (AR) and bronchial asthma (BA) and the chronopharmacology and chronotherapy of the medications used in their treatment began five decades ago...
- Competency-based goals for sleep and chronobiology in undergraduate medical educationKingman P Strohl
Case Western Reserve University, USA
Sleep 26:333-6. 2003..Sleep and circadian rhythms are biologic processes operative in health and disease, but as yet there is no articulated curriculum for undergraduate medical education...
- Chronobiology, drug delivery, and chronotherapeuticsMichael H Smolensky
School of Public Health, RAS, W606, Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1200 Herman Pressler, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:828-51. 2007....
- The chronobiology and neurobiology of winter seasonal affective disorderRobert D Levitan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 9:315-24. 2007This review summarizes research on the chronobiology and neurobiology of winter seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a recurrent subtype of depression characterized by a predictable onset in the fall/winter months and spontaneous remission ..
- Chronobiology of rupture and dissection of aortic aneurysmsR Manfredini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Center for Vascular Diseases, Section of Internal Medicine, Gerontology and Geriatrics, University of Ferrara, Italy
J Vasc Surg 40:382-8. 2004..We review the data on chronobiology of acute aortic rupture or dissection, and discuss various pathophysiologic mechanisms that account for this ..
- Chronobiology in the endocrine systemErhard Haus
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Health Partners Medical Group, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St Paul, Minnesota 55101, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:985-1014. 2007..A large amount of information on the endocrine time structure has accumulated, some of which is discussed in this review...
- Developmentally determined attenuation in circadian rhythms links chronobiology to social organization in beesShai Yerushalmi
Department of Evolution, Systematics, and Ecology, The Alexander Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, 91904, Israel
J Exp Biol 209:1044-51. 2006..This in turn suggests that variation in social biology influences traits of the circadian clock...
- Chronobiology and anaesthesiaDominique Chassard
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Lyon, University of Lyon, Lyon, France
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 20:186-90. 2007..are lacking for most newer anaesthetic agents used in humans, recent findings emphasize once again that chronobiology should be considered in studies of anaesthetic drugs...
- Chronobiology, drug-delivery, and chronotherapeuticsBjorn Lemmer
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Heidelberg, Maybachstrasse 14, D 68169 Mannheim, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:825-7. 2007..g., for hypertension), rhythmicity in biological functions and in the mechanisms of disease should be mirrored by respective drug-release programs...
- Chronobiology of the mammalian response to ionizing radiation. Potential applications in oncologyErhard Haus
Division of Pathology, HealthPartners Medical Group, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55101, USA
Chronobiol Int 19:77-100. 2002..The experimental data on the chronobiology of radiation exposure show circadian rhythmicity in radiation response after whole body irradiation in mice ..
- [Toward the development of medical applications of chronobiology]Fabrice Kwiatkowski
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:185-90. 2003The medical applications of chronobiology have been developed since the properties of biological rhythms were characterized and their parameters were quantified...
- The epidemiology and chronobiology of epistaxis: an investigation of Scottish hospital admissions 1995-2004T W M Walker
Gartnavel General Hospital and Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Clin Otolaryngol 32:361-5. 2007This study aimed at investigating aspects of the epidemiology and chronobiology of emergency admissions with epistaxis in Scotland between 1995 and 2004...
- Erwin Bünning and Tony Lees, two giants of chronobiology, and the problem of time measurement in insect photoperiodismD S Saunders
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, Scotland, UK
J Insect Physiol 51:599-608. 2005....
- The chronobiology of the Natal mole-rat, Cryptomys hottentotus natalensisL Hart
Mammal Research Institute, Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
Physiol Behav 82:563-9. 2004..These results show that C. hottentotus natalensis has endogenous rhythms of both locomotor activity and melatonin secretion, which are modulated by light...
- Chronobiology and chronotherapy of ischemic heart diseaseFrancesco Portaluppi
Hypertension Center, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:952-65. 2007....
- Chronobiology of alcohol: from chronokinetics to alcohol-related alterations of the circadian systemThierry Danel
Service de Biochimie Medicale et Biologie Moleculaire, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Chronobiol Int 21:923-35. 2004The development of concepts in chronobiology is intimately linked to studies on alcohol, as a number of these are based on chronobiological variations observed in the metabolism of ethanol...
- Chronobiology of Oestrus ovis (Diptera: Oestridae) in Sardinia, Italy: guidelines to chemoprophylaxisA Scala
Departmento Patologia Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria de Lugo, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Med Entomol 39:652-7. 2002..The current work was developed to establish the chronobiology of O. ovis in Sardinia, to determine the most suitable time for chemoprophylaxis...
- The role of chronobiology in sleep disorders medicineTimothy H Monk
Clinical Neuroscience Research Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Sleep Med Rev 7:455-73. 2003This review is concerned with circadian (approximately 24 h) aspects of chronobiology, and how they relate to sleep disorders medicine...
- Thermal chronobiology of domestic animalsGiuseppe Piccione
Dipartimento di Morfologia, Biochimica, Fisiologia e Produzioni Animali, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Messina, 98168 Messina, Italy
Front Biosci 8:s258-64. 2003..on laboratory animals, the experimental results are consistent with the general principles of thermal chronobiology derived from laboratory studies and, at the same time, provide specific information about the peculiarities of ..
- Chronobiotic protocol and circadian sleep propensity index: new tools for clinical routine and research on melatonin and sleepD Kunz
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charité Campus Mitte Universitätsmedizin
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:139-46. 2004Twenty years ago, chronobiology was a major topic in medical research, especially in psychiatry...
- Seasonal affective disorder: an overviewAndres Magnusson
Department of Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Chronobiol Int 20:189-207. 2003..Other forms of light treatments, pharmacotherapy, and other therapies are currently being tested for SAD...
- Nocturnal asthma: mechanisms and managementGwen S Skloot
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 69:140-7. 2002..The definition, epidemiology, potential mechanisms and management of nocturnal asthma are discussed in this review...
- Why a fly? Using Drosophila to understand the genetics of circadian rhythms and sleepJoan C Hendricks
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 27:334-42. 2004..In conclusion, we sound some cautionary notes about some of the complexities of working with this "simple" organism...
- Chronobiological features of dream productionTore A Nielsen
Dream and Nightmare Laboratory, Hôpital Sacré Coeur, 5400, boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Qué H4J 1C5, Canada
Sleep Med Rev 8:403-24. 2004..Further chronobiological studies of dreaming will likely enable the development of theoretical models that explain how interactions between and within major levels of oscillation determine the variable characteristics of dreaming...
- [Desynchronization: mechanisms of development from molecular to systemic levels]N A Agadzhanian
Russian People Friendship University, Moscow
Usp Fiziol Nauk 35:57-72. 2004Striking progress in the field of molecular chronobiology has been made during the last years. It renders us to reconsider some traditional viewpoints concerning circadian system functioning...
- What happens to the body when one works at night?Claudia Roberta de Castro Moreno
Centro de Pós Graduação, Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina, Tubarao, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 20:1739-45. 2004..The authors then discuss the possible impacts of work schedules on shift workers' and night workers' health. Finally, countermeasures that might allow adjusting the workers' biological rhythm to shift and night work are discussed...
- Photoperiodism in Neurospora crassaYing Tan
Institute for Medical Psychology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Biol Rhythms 19:135-43. 2004..Night break experiments show that measuring night length is one of the mechanisms used for photoperiod assessment. This represents the first formal report of photoperiodism in the fungi...
- Circadian rhythms in sports performance--an updateB Drust
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Henry Cotton Campus, Liverpool, UK
Chronobiol Int 22:21-44. 2005....
- Chronobiology: biological clocks and rhythms of the skinA Mehling
Cognis Deutschland GmbH and Co KG, Dusseldorf, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 19:182-9. 2006..The study of these temporal rhythms in biological systems has been coined chronobiology. With the present article we aim to give an overview on chronobiology...
- Neurobehavioural performance effects of daytime melatonin and temazepam administrationNaomi L Rogers
Division of Sleep and Chronobiology, Unit for Experimental Psychiatry, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
J Sleep Res 12:207-12. 2003..Given melatonin's soporific and chronobiotic properties, these results suggest that melatonin may be preferable to benzodiazepines in the management of circadian and sleep disorders...
- Chronopharmacokinetics of imipenem in the ratAudrey Boulamery
Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Medicale et Clinique, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Chronobiol Int 24:961-8. 2007..The results suggest that varying the time of administration induces intra-individual variability...
- Melatonin as a chronobioticJosephine Arendt
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Centre for Chronobiology, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Sleep Med Rev 9:25-39. 2005..No long-term safety data exist, and the optimum dose and formulation for any application remains to be clarified...
- [Studies of A L. Chizhevskiĭ: Milestones in space biology and biorhythmology]V V Poliakov
Aviakosm Ekolog Med 37:3-8. 2003..Highlighted are postulates of the modern space biorhythmology furthering the notions of A.L. Chizhevsky about the harmony in nature, and significance of rhythmic phenomena for living organisms...
- Validation of Horne and Ostberg morningness-eveningness questionnaire in a middle-aged population of French workersJacques Taillard
Clinique du Sommeil, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Biol Rhythms 19:76-86. 2004..A positive correlation between age and morningness was again found. This study confirms that "owls" are not rare in a middle-aged sample. We conclude that this adapted MEQ could be useful when investigating age-related changes in sleep...
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic unicellular chronomicsF Halberg
Halberg Chronobiology Center, University of Minnesota, Mayo Mail Code 8609, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 59:S192-202. 2005....
- The effect of traumatic brain injury on the timing of sleepD L Steele
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Building 17, Clayton Campus, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Chronobiol Int 22:89-105. 2005..Furthermore, although participants did report sleep timing changes, it is concluded that the MEQ may not be suitable for use with this cognitively impaired clinical group...
- Chronobiology of sleep in humansL C Lack
School of Psychology, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:1205-15. 2007..Other less potent retiming effects may also be obtained from the judicious use of melatonin and exercise...
- Circadian variation of blood pressure: the basis for the chronotherapy of hypertensionRamon C Hermida
Bioengineering and Chronobiology Laboratories, University of Vigo, Campus Universitario, Vigo, 36200 Spain
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:904-22. 2007..The features of the circadian BP profile have direct implications for improving the drug-delivery of antihypertensive therapies as well as the qualification of patients for medication trials and assessment...
- Circadian and extracircadian exploration during daytime hours of circulating corticosterone and other endocrine chronomesR Jozsa
Department of Anatomy MTA TKI, University Pecs, Medical School, Pecs, Hungary
Biomed Pharmacother 59:S109-16. 2005..Accordingly, a circadian map for the rat will eventually be extended by the result of this study and aligned with other maps with the qualification of the unassessed contribution in this study of a magnetic storm...
- [The biological clock in health and illness]Baruch El-Ad
Harefuah 145:433-6, 470. 2006..b>Chronobiology is a young scientific discipline which deals with research of the biological clocks and its implication to the ..
- Chronomics: circadian lead of extrapineal vs. pineal melatonin rhythms with an infradian hypothalamic explorationM Zeman
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Biomed Pharmacother 59:S213-9. 2005..The results are qualified by the presence of a second extremum of a double magnetic storm at the start of mapping...
- System-driven and oscillator-dependent circadian transcription in mice with a conditionally active liver clockBenoît Kornmann
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 5:e34. 2007..The finding that rhythmic mPer2 expression can be driven by both systemic cues and local oscillators suggests a plausible mechanism for the phase entrainment of subsidiary clocks in peripheral organs...
- Cancer chronomics I. Origins of timed cancer treatment: early marker rhythm-guided individualized chronochemotherapyFranz Halberg
Halberg Chronobiology Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Exp Ther Oncol 6:55-61. 2006....
- The epidemiology of morningness/eveningness: influence of age, gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic factors in adults (30-49 years)Sarah Jane Paine
Sleep Wake Research Centre, Research School of Public Health, Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
J Biol Rhythms 21:68-76. 2006..The authors conclude that morningness/eveningness preference is largely independent of ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic position, indicating that it is a stable characteristic that may be better explained by endogenous factors...
- Why life oscillates--from a topographical towards a functional chronobiologyMaximilian Moser
Humanomed Centre Althofen, Moorweg 30, A 9330, Althofen, Austria
Cancer Causes Control 17:591-9. 2006b>Chronobiology has identified a multitude of rhythms within our body as well as within each living cell...
- Melatonin and human rhythmsJosephine Arendt
Centre for Chronobiology, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, England
Chronobiol Int 23:21-37. 2006..Endogenous melatonin acts to reinforce the functioning of the human circadian system, probably in many ways. The future holds much promise for melatonin as a research tool and as a therapy for various conditions...
- Melatonin in the multi-oscillatory mammalian circadian worldP Pevet
Institut des Neurosciences Cellulaires et Integratives, Département de Neurobiologie des Rythmes, Université L Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Chronobiol Int 23:39-51. 2006..The molecular mechanisms underlying this chronobiotic effect have also been investigated in rats. REV-ERB alpha seems to be the initial molecular target...
- Getting through to circadian oscillators: why use constant routines?Jeanne F Duffy
Division of Sleep Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Rhythms 17:4-13. 2002....
- Circadian rhythms in cardiac arrhythmias and opportunities for their chronotherapyFrancesco Portaluppi
Hypertension Center, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:940-51. 2007..Further research in this field is warranted and could bring new insight and clinical advantage...
- Further results on the association between morningness-eveningness preference and the season of birth in human adultsVicenzo Natale
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 46:209-14. 2002....
- Ontogenetic development of the mammalian circadian systemDietmar Weinert
Institute of Zoology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Chronobiol Int 22:179-205. 2005..Ecological aspects of the described developmental changes in the circadian system and some practical consequences are also briefly discussed...
- The circadian rhythm of core temperature: origin and some implications for exercise performanceJim Waterhouse
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
Chronobiol Int 22:207-25. 2005..Understanding the circadian rhythm of core temperature may reduce potential hazards due to the time of day when exercise is performed...
- Chronotherapeutics in a psychiatric wardFrancesco Benedetti
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Scientific Institute and University Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 11:509-22. 2007..Chronotherapeutics offer a benign alternative to more radical treatments of depression for the treatment of severe depression in psychiatric wards, but with the advantage of rapidity of onset...
- 24-hour changes in ACTH, corticosterone, growth hormone, and leptin levels in young male rats subjected to calorie restrictionFernando Chacon
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular III, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Chronobiol Int 22:253-65. 2005..The changes in the secretory pattern of hormones hereby reported may be part of the neuroendocrine and metabolic mechanisms evolved to maximize survival during periods of food shortage...
- Improved circadian sleep-wake cycle in infants fed a day/night dissociated formula milkJ Cubero
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Science, Extremadura University, Avda de Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:373-80. 2006..In conclusion, the use of a chronobiologically adjusted infant formula milk seems to be effective in improving the consolidation of the circadian sleep/wake cycle in bottle-fed infants...
- Comparison of the Munich Chronotype Questionnaire with the Horne-Ostberg's Morningness-Eveningness ScoreAndrei Zavada
Unit of Behavioural Biology, Human Chronobiology Research Group, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Chronobiol Int 22:267-78. 2005..However, the MCTQ collects additional detailed information on sleep-wake behavior under natural conditions...
- The chronobiotic properties of melatoninP Pevet
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie des Rythmes, UMR 7518, CNRS, Université L Pasteur, 12 rue de l Université, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Cell Tissue Res 309:183-91. 2002..However, the pharmacological dose of Mel needed to entrain circadian rhythms means that very probably other sites and mechanisms also play a role...
- Promoting adjustment of the sleep-wake cycle by chronobioticsYvan Touitou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine Pierre and Marie Curie Pitie Salpetriere, and INSERM U 713 Douleurs et stress, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Physiol Behav 90:294-300. 2007....
- Transient changes in the pattern of food intake following a simulated time-zone transition to the east across eight time zonesJim Waterhouse
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
Chronobiol Int 22:299-319. 2005..However, these changes are generally transient and are only weakly linked to the sensation of jet lag...
- Alteration of the circadian rhythm in peak expiratory flow of nocturnal asthma following nighttime transdermal beta2-adrenoceptor agonist tulobuterol chronotherapyNaoto Burioka
Division of Medical Oncology and Molecular Respirology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishimachi, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Chronobiol Int 22:383-90. 2005..We conclude that the parameters of the circadian rhythm of PEF proved useful both in determining the need for and effectiveness of tulobuterol chronotherapy for nocturnal asthma...
- Ethical and methodological standards for laboratory and medical biological rhythm researchFrancesco Portaluppi
Hypertension Center, Department of Medicine, University Hospital S Anna of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Chronobiol Int 25:999-1016. 2008..A secondary objective is to provide for those with an interest in the results of chronobiology investigations, but who might be unfamiliar with the field, an introduction to the basic methods and standards ..
- Effects of light and melatonin treatment on body temperature and melatonin secretion daily rhythms in a diurnal rodent, the fat sand ratHagit Schwimmer
Department of Biology, University of Haifa, Mt Carmel, Haifa, Israel 31905
Chronobiol Int 27:1401-19. 2010..As most rodents studied to date in the field of chronobiology are nocturnal, the aim in this study was to evaluate the effect of light manipulations and different ..
- Chronobiology and chronotherapeutics. Applications to cardiovascular medicineM H Smolensky
Hermann Center for Chronobiology and Chronotherapeutics, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:11S-21S. 1996..The emerging concepts of chronobiology, the scientific discipline of biologic rhythm study, and the findings from research in this field challenge ..
- Chronobiology and asthma. II. Body-time-dependent differences in the kinetics and effects of bronchodilator medicationsM H Smolensky
School of Public Health, University of Texas, Houston 77225
J Asthma 24:91-134. 1987..Moreover, not all ODSRTs appear suitable for once-nightly administration because of unacceptable kinetics...
- Chronobiological considerations for exercise and heart diseaseGreg Atkinson
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Henry Cotton Campus, UK
Sports Med 36:487-500. 2006..We also consider generally how chronobiology might impact on exercise prescription in heart disease...
- Epidemiology of Oestrus ovis (Linneo, 1761) infestation in goats in SpainM Alcaide
Parasitology Section, Department of Medicine and Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, University of Extremadura, 10071 Caceres, Spain
Vet Parasitol 130:277-84. 2005This survey was conducted to determine the chronobiology and seroprevalence of nasal bot infestation (Oestrus ovis) in Spain and to identify the risk factors associated with this disease in caprine herds...
- [Time and obstetric anesthesia: from chaotic cosmology to chronobiology]Nilton Bezerra do Vale
Rev Bras Anestesiol 59:624-47. 2009..In this review, the most important cyclic anesthetic-obstetric parameters in parturient care are listed...
- Temporal patterns of lipoperoxidation and antioxidant enzymes are modified in the hippocampus of vitamin A-deficient ratsLorena S Navigatore Fonzo
Laboratory of Chronobiology, Multidisciplinary Institute of Biological Research IMIBIO SL, National Council of Science and Technology CONICET, National University of San Luis UNSL, Chacabuco y Pedernera, D5700HHW, San Luis, Argentina
Hippocampus 19:869-80. 2009..the circadian gene expression in the hippocampus may have an impact on the neurobiology, nutritional and chronobiology fields, emphasizing for the first time the importance of nutritional factors, such as dietary micronutrients, ..
- Chronobiology and chronotherapy in medicineM Kraft
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Dis Mon 41:506-75. 1995..This relatively new area is termed chronobiology; that is, how time-related events shape our daily biologic responses and apply to any aspect of medicine with ..
- Chronobiological analysis by ambulatory blood pressure monitoring of the hyperbaric and hypobaric indexes for evaluation of the antihypertensive effect of long-acting nifedipineShingo Seki
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 69:1249-55. 2005It has been suggested that chronobiology can provide new insights into the evaluation and treatment of cardiovascular disease...
- Increased GABA levels in medial prefrontal cortex of young adults with narcolepsySeog Ju Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, South Korea
Sleep 31:342-7. 2008..To explore absolute concentrations of brain metabolites including gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA) in the medial prefrontal cortex and basal ganglia of young adults with narcolepsy...
- Does the circadian modulation of dream recall modify with age?Sarah Laxhmi Chellappa
CAPES Foundation Ministry of Education of Brazil, Brasilia, Brazil
Sleep 32:1201-9. 2009..Here we investigated age-related changes in dream recall, number of dreams, and emotional domain characteristics of dreaming during both NREM and REM sleep...
- Total sleep deprivation induces an acute and transient increase in NK cell activity in healthy young volunteersY Matsumoto
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Akita University, School of Medicine, Japan
Sleep 24:804-9. 2001..SETTING: University-based sleep and chronobiology laboratory PARTICIPANTS: 10 healthy adult men (mean age, 20.9 y; age range, 19-23 y) INTERVENTIONS: NA...
- Studies on the biology of schistosomiasis with emphasis on the Senegal river basinV Southgate
Biomedical Sciences Theme, Department of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, London, UK
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:75-8. 2001..mansoni. Comparisons are made on infectivity, cercarial production, chronobiology of cercarial emergence and longevity of infected snails...
- Review article: chronobiology: influence of circadian rhythms on the therapy of severe painUwe Junker
Department of Special Pain Therapy and Palliative Medicine, Ruhr University Bochum, Sana Klinikum Remscheid, Germany
J Oncol Pharm Pract 16:81-7. 2010..The results of a multitude of studies in chronobiology are not consistent...
- Cerebrospinal fluid sodium rhythmsMichael G Harrington
Molecular Neurology Program, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, 91101, USA
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 7:3. 2010..Since migraine frequently starts in early morning or late afternoon, we hypothesized that natural sodium chronobiology may predispose susceptible persons when extracellular CSF sodium increases...
- Chronobiology of parturients receiving neuraxial labour analgesia with ropivacaine and fentanyl: a prospective cohort studyS Desai
Department of Women s Anaesthesia, KK Women and Children s Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Int J Obstet Anesth 18:43-7. 2009..The aim of this study is to find whether the need for epidural supplementation for breakthrough pain is significantly affected by the time of day, in patients who are on a continuous epidural infusion of these drugs...
- Different effects of intensity and duration of locomotor activity on circadian periodPawel Koteja
Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University, ul Ingardena 6, 30 060 Krakow, Poland
J Biol Rhythms 18:491-501. 2003An outstanding unresolved issue in chronobiology is how the level of locomotor activity influences length of the free-running, endogenous circadian period (tau)...
- Chronobiology of arterial hypertension in hemodialysis patients: implications for home blood pressure monitoringRajiv Agarwal
Division of Nephrology, Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 54:693-701. 2009..This study sought to determine the optimal time to perform home BP monitoring in hemodialysis patients to improve the strength of prediction of 44-hour interdialytic ambulatory BP...
- EEMCO guidance for the assessment of hair shedding and alopeciaG E Pierard
Department of Dermatopathology, Unit of Dermocosmetology, University Hospital Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 17:98-110. 2004..telogen phases as well as teloptosis and the hair eclipse phenomenon clearly characterizes the typical hair chronobiology. Physiological modulators include hormones, neuromediators, miscellaneous biomolecules, seasons, micro-..
- Ethics and methods for biological rhythm research on animals and human beingsFrancesco Portaluppi
International Society for Chronobiology, Hypertension Center, Department of Medicine, University Hospital S Anna of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Chronobiol Int 27:1911-29. 2010..The editors of Chronobiology International adhere to and endorse the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines of the Committee On ..
- Deer hypodermosisF J Martínez-Moreno
Cátedra de Parasitología y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Cordoba, Espana
Parassitologia 39:419-22. 1997..Biologies of deer and flies are also studied, with special dedication to the chronobiology of the life cycle of the parasite...
- Does seasonal variation affect hallucinations in PD? A longitudinal studyChristopher G Goetz
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Mov Disord 21:863-5. 2006The objective of this study was to examine the chronobiology of visual hallucinations in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients to test whether hallucinations are more severe during darker months (winter) than summer months...
- Chronobiology of the hair follicle: hunting the " hair cycle clock"R Paus
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Germany
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 4:338-45. 1999..After arguing that at least four distinct timing devices underlie HF chronobiology ("morphogenesis clock", "cycling inducer", "desynchronizer", and the actual HCC), previously proposed HCC ..
- Circadian regulation of a-type potassium currents in the suprachiasmatic nucleusJason N Itri
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Neurophysiol 103:632-40. 2010..Understanding the ionic mechanisms underlying these rhythms is an important goal of research in chronobiology. Previous work has shown that SCN neurons express A-type potassium currents (IAs), but little is known about ..
- Safety Pharmacology Society: 9th Annual MeetingIcilio Cavero
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:365-78. 2010..The application of chronobiology to SP investigational protocols can improve the search of drug-induced adverse effects...
- Altered circadian rhythms of corticosterone, melatonin, and phagocytic activity in response to stress in ratsSergio D Paredes
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Extremadura, Avenida de Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 28:489-95. 2007..The present work was aimed to evaluate whether swimming-exercise-induced stress leads to changes in the chronobiology parameters of the circadian rhythms of melatonin and corticosterone, and in the number and phagocytosis of ..
- A chronobiologic approach to the pharmacotherapy of hypertension and anginaM A Munger
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5820, USA
Ann Pharmacother 34:1313-9. 2000To review the chronobiology of hypertension and coronary artery disease and the application of chronotherapeutics to their treatment and prevention.
- Dynamic mechanistic explanation: computational modeling of circadian rhythms as an exemplar for cognitive scienceWilliam Bechtel
Department of Philosophy, the Center for Chronobiology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Stud Hist Philos Sci 41:321-33. 2010We consider computational modeling in two fields: chronobiology and cognitive science. In circadian rhythm models, variables generally correspond to properties of parts and operations of the responsible mechanism...
- Field chronobiology of a molluscan bivalve: how the moon and sun cycles interact to drive oyster activity rhythmsDamien Tran
UMR 5805 EPOC, University Bordeaux 1 and CNRS, Arcachon, France
Chronobiol Int 28:307-17. 2011..These results highlight the high plasticity of these oysters to adapt to their changing environment...
- Circadian clocks in mammalian reproductive physiology: effects of the "other" biological clock on fertilityMichael T Sellix
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 22904, USA
Discov Med 11:273-81. 2011As a discipline, chronobiology has come of age in the last 25 years. There has been an exponential increase in our understanding of the molecular mechanism underlying circadian rhythms of gene expression, physiology, and behavior...
- Sleep assessment in a population-based study of chronic fatigue syndromeElizabeth R Unger
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
BMC Neurol 4:6. 2004..Conversely, many sleep disorders present similarly to CFS. Few studies characterizing sleep in unselected CFS subjects have been published and none have been performed in cases identified from population-based studies...
- Wake detection capacity of actigraphy during sleepJean Paquet
Centre d Etude du Sommeil et des Rythmes Biologiques, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Canada
Sleep 30:1362-9. 2007..A second objective was to compare the ability of 4 different scoring algorithms (2 threshold algorithms and 2 regression analysis algorithms) to detect wake in the 3 sleep conditions...
- Design and evaluation of pH-independent pulsatile release pellets containing isosorbide-5-mononitrateYao Liu
Department of Pharmacy, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:55-60. 2009..The process of the heart disease such as angina has a close relationship to the chronobiology, which gives rise to the need of a pulsatile drug deliver system for the anti-anginal drug...
- Circadian clocks during embryonic and fetal developmentMaria Seron-Ferre
Programa de Fisiopatología, Instituto de Ciencias Biomédicas ICBM Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 81:204-14. 2007..The rapid methodological and conceptual advances on chronobiology may help to unravel how the developing embryo and fetus faces time in this plastic period of life.
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a unicellular model for circadian rhythm analysisRalf Werner
University of Hamburg, Institute for General Botany and Botanical Garden, Department of Cell Biology, Germany
Chronobiol Int 19:325-43. 2002..reinhardtii over the past 30 yr. The suitability of Chlamydomonas as a model system in chronobiology research and the adaptive significance of the observed rhythms will be discussed.
- Efficacy and safety of mometasone furoate administered once-daily in the evening in patients with persistent asthma dependent on inhaled corticosteroidsAnthony D'Urzo
Primary Care Lung Clinic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1281-9. 2005..Since asthma is frequently worse at night, evening dosing appears to be a more obvious choice to accommodate the chronobiology of asthma than morning dosing.
- [Timekeeping molecules: implications for circadian phenotypes]Danyella Silva Pereira
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:63-71. 2009The aim of this study was to review the molecular chronobiology studies in the last 36 years in order Eto point out the advances in this area to health professionals.
- Biologic rhythms derived from Siberian mammoths' hairsMike Spilde
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Institute of Meteoritics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21705. 2011..Hair is preserved for millennia in permafrost; it enshrines a record of biologic rhythms and offers a glimpse at chronobiology as it was in extinct animals...
- Postpartum Depression: Role of Sleep &Genetic Risk in Postpartum Mood DisordersKatherine M Sharkey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Principal mentor, Mary A. Carskadon, PhD, Director of the EP Bradley Hospital Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory, oversees the training plan and mentors the candidate on biobehavioral measures (e.g., sleep)...
- Circadian Programs in BacteriaCarl Hirschie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three critically important unanswered questions in chronobiology are to explain how a biochemical mechanism (i) can be temperature compensated, (ii) keep time so precisely ..
- Effects of chronic sleep restriction on energy homeostasis in healthy adultsANDREA MARIE SPAETH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Data for these Aims will be collected using healthy adults participating in ongoing protocols in the Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania (Specific Aim 1: n=103;Specific Aim 2: n=64;Specific Aim 3: n=238)..
- Melatonin in Menopausal DepressionBarbara L Parry; Fiscal Year: 2012..As an extension of our ongoing investigation of the chronobiology of premenstrual, pregnancy and postpartum depression, this study has the potential to lead to the development ..
- Circadian Clock Genes in Bipolar DisorderMICHAEL JOSEPH MCCARTHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..with UCSD, an academic center recognized for its strengths in psychiatric genetics, neurobiology and chronobiology. With these added skills, the applicant's long-term goal is to develop expertise in the molecular ..
- Circadian Biology at the Supra-Organismal LevelWilliam J Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, we propose to develop a chronobiology of cohabitation in hamsters, asking if the cohabitation-associated change in D is a function of the phase ..
- Building foundations for a neurobiology of fatigue: validating an animal modelMary E Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2013..What may make the proposed project particularly innovative is the application of the PI's expertise in chronobiology to the question of the neural basis of fatigue...
- Developmental Neuroscience and BehaviorMICHAEL MORGAN MYERS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific areas of research interests of the 24 sponsoring faculty include: developmental neuroscience, chronobiology, perinatal physiology and behavior, psychosexual differentiation, anxiety disorders, brain imaging, ..
- Chronobiology of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseaseSteven A Shea; Fiscal Year: 2013..The applicant's longer term goals will be to improve therapy in such disorders via modifications in behavior or chronopharmacology. ..
- TRAINING GRANT IN SLEEP RESEARCHFred W Turek; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the two Universities for the performance of research and the training of students in sleep research, chronobiology and related disciplines...
- Experimental Evolution of Circadian OscillatorsCarl Hirschie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..understanding of cell cycles, gene transcriptional networks, "Systems" biology, evolutionary processes, and chronobiology. This project will undertake an experimental evolution of biological rhythms that have circadian ..
- Translational Research at PENN: Advancing Cures through Interdisciplinary ScienceGlen N Gaulton; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The University of Pennsylvania proposes to catalyze the formation of the PENN Center for Chronobiology through construction of 46,204 gross square feet (gsf) of contiguous space in the Fisher Translational ..
- 2013 Chronobiology GRC/GRSMichael Rosbash; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We request partial support for the 18th Chronobiology Gordon Research Conference, to be held in Newport, R.I. from July 14-19, 2013...
- 2012 Society for Research on Biological Rhythms ConferenceDeborah Bell-Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2012..which attracts 500-600 attendees, will focus on the breadth of topics that represent key research areas in chronobiology, including molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, neurobiology, physiology, metabolism, cancer, aging, ..
- DEVELOPING CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITYScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may also lead to the development of new care practices in Neonatal Intensive Care Units and extend the field of developmental chronobiology to the bedside.
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROMEBarbara Parry; Fiscal Year: 1993..Thus phototherapy and sleep deprivation may serve not only as clinical probes to test our experimental hypotheses but also as potential alternatives to the pharmacologic management of PMS...
- Training at the Chemistry: Biology InterfacePaul A Lindahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..relationships (Barondeau, Hilty, Sacchettini);g) computational reaction mechanisms (Gao, Singleton);h) chronobiology (Golden and Bell-Pederson);i) behavioral biology (Garcia)and j) chemical biology (Pellois, Liu, Ryan, Young)...
- CHRONOBIOLOGY AND GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOCRINOLOGYPHILIP RAYFORD; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Chronobiology is defined as that branch of science which objectively quantifies and examines mechanisms of biologic time structure...
- 2007 Chronobiology Gordon Research ConferenceJOSEPH TAKAHASHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Partial support is requested for the 15th Gordon Research Conference on Chronobiology, to be held on May 6- 11, 2007, at the Centre Paul Langevin, Aussois, France...
- Molecular Neurobiology of Behavioral RhythmsJeffrey Hall; Fiscal Year: 2006..Therefore, brain-behavior studies of chronobiology in this model system may provide insights into the nature of certain rhythm-related disorders of humans, some ..
- 2009 Chronobiology Gordon Research ConferenceJOSEPH TAKAHASHI; Fiscal Year: 2009Partial support is requested for the 16th Gordon Research Conference on Chronobiology, to be held on July 19-24, 2009 at Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island...
- 2005 Chronobiology Gordon Research ConferenceMartha Gillette; Fiscal Year: 2005Partial support is requested for the 14th Gordon Research Conference on Chronobiology, to be held at Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island...
- 2003 Chronobiology Gordon ConferenceRussell Foster; Fiscal Year: 2003Partial support is requested for the 13th Gordon Research Conference on Chronobiology, to be held in II Ciocco, Barga, Italy...
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PARTIAL EPILEPSYMark Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, these studies will provide insight into the chronoblological factors that facilitate partial seizure expression and may provide new perspectives into treatments for poorly controlled partial epilepsy. ..
- PHOTOPERIOD, BEHAVIOR AND BRAIN FUNCTIONIrving Zucker; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research will help establish a conceptual framework for investigations of human chronobiology. Studies of photoperiodic control of seasonal rhythms also address a fundamental question in regulatory ..
- MOOD SLEEP & SEASONALITY--CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTSWILLIAM SONIS; Fiscal Year: 1991..this Child and Adolescent Mental Health Academic Award application is to assist in scholarly activities in the chronobiology of Childhood and Adolescent Mood, Sleep and Seasonality and to develop a Biomedical Research Section within ..
- Innovative Investigations and Therapies for AsthmaRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..to the ACRN include adult and pediatric investigation, allergy and immunology, pulmonology, pharmacology, chronobiology, steroid and beta-2 agonist receptor knowledge, airway inflammation, morphometrics, infection, physiology, and ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF FATIGUE ASSESSMENT SLEEP/ACTIVITY MONITORWilliam Gruen; Fiscal Year: 2000..FASAM will provide a tool to objectively quantify cancer-related fatigue for use by researchers studying chronobiology, chronotherapeutics and other methodologies to manage cancer patients...
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM ON SLEEP AND CHRONOBIOLOGY MEDICINEChristian Guilleminault; Fiscal Year: 2002..a variety of disciplines, to develop, implement and evaluate a coherent longitudinal program in Sleep and Chronobiology Medicine...
- 4th Annual Conference of Specialized Neurosci. Res. ProgHUBERT RUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2004..HIV Virology and Neuropathology; Neural control of Vegetative Functions; Stroke Intervention and Protection; Chronobiology; Mechanisms of Drug Abuse; Mechanisms of Neurotoxic Agents; Degeneration and Regeneration in the Nervous ..
- STANFORD ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE CORE CENTERJerome Yesavage; Fiscal Year: 2005..with major research programs at the University in basic neurosciences and genetics, neuroimaging, and sleep/chronobiology. Our expectation is that we will not only facilitate research in these three individual areas but also, ..
- SLEEP AND CHRONOBIOLOGY SUMMER RESEARCH APPRENTICESHIPMARY CARSKADON; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): This proposal is a competitive renewal of a sleep and chronobiology summer research apprenticeship program, which aims to foster mental health/behavioral science research education primarily for ..
- SLEEP AND CHRONOBIOLOGY OF LATE-LIFE DEPRESSIONMARTIN SZUBA; Fiscal Year: 2001..research scientist 2) to support and enhance the applicant's development as an investigator in sleep and chronobiology in the elderly; 3) to develop him for a faculty leadership role in mood disorders at Penn; and 4) to enhance ..
- ASTHMA CHRONOBIOLOGY: CENTRAL AND LUNG INTERACTIONSRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2003The long term objective of this project is to understand the chronobiology of asthma so as to improve asthma treatment in general thereby decreasing asthma morbidity and mortality...
- Circadian Clock Protein Function in SpermatogenesisJohn Alvarez; Fiscal Year: 2005..This program will promote the command of chronobiology and male reproductive biology. Amita Sehgal, Ph.D...
- ACADEMIC PROGRAM IN SLEEP AND CHRONOBIOLOGYSigrid Veasey; Fiscal Year: 2000..educational and training activities at the University of Pennsylvania of relevance to the fields of sleep and chronobiology. This program will extend the teaching activities which are currently carried out under the auspices of the ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL STUDY OF PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSJohn Kelsoe; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MHCRC facilitates investigators and trainees in their research in six major themes (Sleep & Chronobiology, Neuropsychopharmacology, Neuroimmunology, Brain Imaging, Molecular Genetics, and Women's Psychiatric ..
- The Chronobiology of CohabitationMatthew Paul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEURAL BASIS OF BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMSMary Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2000..Greater knowledge of the intrinsic organization and the phase resetting properties of the mammalian circadian system will aid in further clinical applications of chronobiology.
- STRESS, BLOOD PRESSURE AND ETHNICITYJoel E Dimsdale; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study scrutinizes sleep, inflammation, vasodilation, autonomic functioning, and baroreflex regulation. We hypothesize that adversity has a stronger impact on cardiovascular pathophysiology than does ethnicity. ..
- Effects of Opioids on Sleep and FatigueJoel Dimsdale; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HOMEOSTATIC FACTORS IN AGE-RELATED SLEEP DISTURBANCEScott Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study is viewed as a critical next step toward the development of a natural, behavioral approach to alleviate the degradation of waking function and quality of life associated with age-related nighttime sleep loss. ..
- Sleep Apnea and Hypertension: Role of SNSJoel Dimsdale; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- BRIGHT LIGHT TREATMENT OF SLEEP DISTURBANCE IN ELDERLYScott Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2002..All three studies address issues crucial to the successful development and implementation of bright light treatment. ..
- Burden of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Stroke (BOSAST)Joel E Dimsdale; Fiscal Year: 2010..Obstructive sleep apnea has similar symptoms and is also very common in stroke patients. This study will determine if treating apnea in stroke patients will improve these burdens. ..
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF AGE RELATED SLEEP DISTURBANCEScott Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2002..scientific expertise in geriatric psychiatry, and to continue a training and education program in human chronobiology. The research proposed will use objective, physiological measures to track long-term response to light ..
- EXTRAOCULAR CIRCADIAN PHOTOTRANSDUCTION IN HUMANSScott Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Chronobiology of alcohol: animal modelsALAN ROSENWASSER; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, previous animal research on the chronobiology of alcohol has failed to utilize well-validated animal models of human alcoholism...
- SEX HORMONES SLEEP AND CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITY IN AGINGPatricia Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- A transgenic model of ocular inflammationRussell Van Gelder; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SLEEP ACADEMIC AWARD--RECOGNITION OF SLEEP DISORDERSKingman Strohl; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will disseminate of educational assessments, patient-oriented material, and clinical pathways through local and national consultants in both the public and private sector, as well as through interaction with other awardees. ..
- Disrupted Sleep in the Elderly: Circadian EtiologyJEANNE DUFFY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- NEURONAL MECHANISMS OF FEVERClifford Saper; Fiscal Year: 2009....