Genomes and Genes
Summary: The science concerned with the detection, chemical composition, and biological action of toxic substances or poisons and the treatment and prevention of toxic manifestations.
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Cytochrome p450 and chemical toxicologyF Peter Guengerich
Department of Biochemistry and Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:70-83. 2008..has developed considerably over the past 20 years, and many important papers on the roles of P450s in chemical toxicology have appeared in Chemical Research in Toxicology...
- Arsenic exposure and toxicology: a historical perspectiveMichael F Hughes
Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 123:305-32. 2011..With advances in technology and the recent development of animal models for arsenic carcinogenicity, understanding of the toxicology of arsenic will continue to improve.
- Caenorhabditis elegans: an emerging model in biomedical and environmental toxicologyMaxwell C K Leung
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27750, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:5-28. 2008..These same features have led to an increasing use of C. elegans in toxicology, both for mechanistic studies and high-throughput screening approaches...
- Cell death mechanisms and their implications in toxicologySten Orrenius
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Toxicology, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Toxicol Sci 119:3-19. 2011..Hence, the cell death and phagocytosis regulatory networks offer a multitude of targets for toxic chemicals...
- Heat shock proteins in toxicology: how close and how far?Subash C Gupta
Embryotoxicology Section, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India
Life Sci 86:377-84. 2010..Despite having enormous use in toxicology, the current state of knowledge in defining a mechanism of action or accurately predicting toxicity based on ..
- Genetic polymorphism and toxicology--with emphasis on cytochrome p450Inger Johansson
Section of Pharmacogenetics, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Toxicol Sci 120:1-13. 2011..In this review, we provide an update of the field with emphasis on CYP polymorphism...
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of nonneoplastic lesions in toxicology studiesCynthia Shackelford
Experimental Pathology Laboratories, Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 30:93-6. 2002..The use of this approach assures a reader that the pathology report meets the highest standards...
- Systems toxicologyThomas Hartung
Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing CAAT, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
ALTEX 29:119-28. 2012..bringing them together with pathway information determined from biochemistry and molecular biology, a "systems toxicology" approach will enable virtual experiments to be conducted that can improve the prediction of hazard and the ..
- The dawning of a new age of toxicologyMarcel Leist
Doerenkamp Zbinden Chair for Alternative in vitro Methods, University of Konstanz, Germany
ALTEX 25:103-14. 2008b>Toxicology faces enormous challenges in a world in which we are exposed to thousands of chemicals and millions of mixtures thereof. Radically new approaches to this problem need to be developed...
- Hormesis: why it is important to toxicology and toxicologistsEdward J Calabrese
Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences, Morrill I, N344, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1451-74. 2008....
- Food for thought ... considerations and guidelines for basic test method descriptions in toxicologyMarcel Leist
University of Konstanz, Germany
ALTEX 27:309-17. 2010The development and application of new test systems and test methods is central to the progress of in vitro toxicology. In order to live up to the future challenges, it is important to use the vast knowledge of adjoining fields, such as ..
- The alcohol-inducible form of cytochrome P450 (CYP 2E1): role in toxicology and regulation of expressionR F Novak
Institute of Chemical Toxicology and ehs Center in Molecular and Cellular Toxicology with Human Applications, Wayne State University Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Arch Pharm Res 23:267-82. 2000....
- Toxicity testing in the 21st century: bringing the vision to lifeMelvin E Andersen
Computational Biology Division, Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 107:324-30. 2009..The present paper, and invited commentaries on the report that will appear in Toxicological Sciences over the next year, are intended to initiate a dialog to identify challenges in implementing the vision and address obstacles to change...
- The evolution of bioinformatics in toxicology: advancing toxicogenomicsCynthia A Afshari
Department of Comparative Biology and Safety Sciences, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Toxicol Sci 120:S225-37. 2011..The field of toxicology has kept pace with advances in molecular study, and the past 50 years recognizes significant growth and ..
- Applications of liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry-based metabolomics in clinical chemistry and toxicology: A reviewAurélie Roux
Service de Pharmacologie et d immunoanalyse, DSV iBiTec S, Gif sur Yvette, France
Clin Biochem 44:119-35. 2011..Although proof-of-concept studies by metabolomics-based approaches in the field of toxicology and clinical chemistry have initially been performed using NMR, the use of liquid chromatography hyphenated to ..
- Toxicology. Transforming environmental health protectionFrancis S Collins
National Human Genome Research Institute NHGRI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 319:906-7. 2008
- Thioredoxin and its role in toxicologyWalter H Watson
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Toxicol Sci 78:3-14. 2004....
- Diagnostic criteria for degenerative, inflammatory, proliferative nonneoplastic and neoplastic liver lesions in medaka (Oryzias latipes): consensus of a National Toxicology Program Pathology Working GroupG A Boorman
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:202-10. 1997..The criteria are the consensus of a Pathology Working Group (PWG) convened by the National Toxicology Program...
- Hormesis is central to toxicology, pharmacology and risk assessmentEdward J Calabrese
Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences Division, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:249-61. 2010..It is expected that as low dose responses come to dominate toxicological research that risk assessment practices will incorporate hormetic concepts in the standard setting process...
- The state of the art of the zebrafish model for toxicology and toxicologic pathology research--advantages and current limitationsJan M Spitsbergen
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Marine Freshwater Biomedical Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Toxicol Pathol 31:62-87. 2003..Together with the substantial historical database regarding basic developmental biology, toxicology, and gene transfer, the rich foundation of molecular genetic and genomic data makes zebrafish a powerful model ..
- Hormesis: a revolution in toxicology, risk assessment and medicineEdward J Calabrese
University of Massachusetts School of Public Health in Amherst, MA, USA
EMBO Rep 5:S37-40. 2004
- Biomarkers in toxicology and risk assessment: informing critical dose-response relationshipsJames A Swenberg
Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:253-65. 2008..It is also clear, however, that low dose data on mutagenesis are needed for many more chemicals...
- Nanotoxicology: an emerging discipline evolving from studies of ultrafine particlesGunter Oberdorster
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:823-39. 2005..An interdisciplinary team approach (e.g., toxicology, materials science, medicine, molecular biology, and bioinformatics, to name a few) is mandatory for ..
- Simultaneous non-negative matrix factorization for multiple large scale gene expression datasets in toxicologyClare M Lee
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e48238. 2012..This study is of interest in toxicology because, whilst PPARs form potential therapeutic targets for diabetes, it is known that they can induce serious ..
- Intuitive toxicology: expert and lay judgments of chemical risksN Neil
Malmfors Consulting AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Toxicol Pathol 22:198-201. 1994..not adequate to assess the dangers inherent in exposure to a chemical substance, we have created the sciences of toxicology and risk assessment to perform this function...
- Proteomics: current technologies and applications in neurological disorders and toxicologyM Fountoulakis
Pharmaceutical Research, Genomics Technologies, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Amino Acids 21:363-81. 2001..In this article, the state of the art of proteomics in our laboratory is presented, as well as selected applications of proteomics in the study of disorders of the central nervous system and of toxic events...
- Blood-brain barrier in vitro models and their application in toxicology. The report and recommendations of ECVAM Workshop 49Pilar Prieto
ECVAM, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, European Commission Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra VA, Italy
Altern Lab Anim 32:37-50. 2004
- Microfluidic biochip for the perifusion of precision-cut rat liver slices for metabolism and toxicology studiesPaul M van Midwoud
Pharmaceutical Analysis, Department of Pharmacy, Toxicology and Targeting, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 105:184-94. 2010..This perifusion system better mimics the in vivo situation, and has the potential to significantly contribute to drug metabolism and toxicology studies of novel chemical entities.
- The implications of DNA methylation for toxicology: toward toxicomethylomics, the toxicology of DNA methylationMoshe Szyf
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Toxicol Sci 120:235-55. 2011..The realization that long-range damage could be caused without changing the DNA sequence has important implications on the way we assess the safety of chemicals, drugs, and food and broadens the scope of definition of toxic agents...
- The adverse outcome pathway concept: a pragmatic tool in toxicologyMathieu Vinken
Department of Toxicology, Center for Pharmaceutical Research CePhaR, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Belgium Electronic address
Toxicology 312:158-65. 2013Adverse outcome pathways (AOPs) are novel tools in toxicology and human risk assessment with broad potential...
- Small noncoding RNAs: biogenesis, function, and emerging significance in toxicologySupratim Choudhuri
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Division of Biotechnology and GRAS Notice Review, U S Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD 20740, USA
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 24:195-216. 2010..Their emerging significance in toxicology is also discussed.
- The four cornerstones of Evolutionary ToxicologyJohn W Bickham
Department of Forestry and Natural Resources and Center for the Environment, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Ecotoxicology 20:497-502. 2011Evolutionary Toxicology is the study of the effects of chemical pollutants on the genetics of natural populations...
- Aflatoxin: a 50-year odyssey of mechanistic and translational toxicologyThomas W Kensler
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Toxicol Sci 120:S28-48. 2011....
- The utility of the small rodent electrocardiogram in toxicologyAimen K Farraj
Environmental Public Health Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 121:11-30. 2011..In toxicology, the ECG provides a collection of end points that may be used to assess both the quality and magnitude of ..
- Safety pharmacology investigations in toxicology studies: an industry surveySimon Authier
CiToxLAB North America, 445 Armand Frappier, Laval, QCH7V 4B3 Canada
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 68:44-51. 2013The Safety Pharmacology (SP) Society (SPS) conducted an industry survey in 2012 in an attempt to define current industry practices as they relate to inclusion of safety pharmacology (SP) endpoints into Toxicology studies.
- Three-dimensional cellular microarray for high-throughput toxicology assaysMoo Yeal Lee
Solidus Biosciences, Inc, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:59-63. 2008We have developed a miniaturized 3D cell-culture array (the Data Analysis Toxicology Assay Chip or DataChip) for high-throughput toxicity screening of drug candidates and their cytochrome P450-generated metabolites...
- Systems biology tools for toxicologySuzanne Geenen
Manchester Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, University of Manchester, UK
Arch Toxicol 86:1251-71. 2012An important goal of toxicology is to understand and predict the adverse effects of drugs and other xenobiotics. For pharmaceuticals, such effects often emerge unexpectedly in man even when absent from trials in vitro and in animals...
- Computational toxicology as implemented by the U.S. EPA: providing high throughput decision support tools for screening and assessing chemical exposure, hazard and riskRobert Kavlock
National Center for Computational Toxicology, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 13:197-217. 2010Computational toxicology is the application of mathematical and computer models to help assess chemical hazards and risks to human health and the environment...
- Follicle culture in reproductive toxicology: a tool for in-vitro testing of ovarian function?R G Cortvrindt
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Follicle Biology Unit, University Hospital and Medical School, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, Belgium
Hum Reprod Update 8:243-54. 2002..In the field of toxicology, major efforts are being made to commit to this goal...
- NMR-based metabolic profiling and metabonomic approaches to problems in molecular toxicologyMuireann Coen
Department of Biomolecular Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anesthetics Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Chem Res Toxicol 21:9-27. 2008..The use of biological fluids as a source of whole organism metabolic information enhances the use of this approach in minimally invasive longitudinal studies...
- Association of Inhalation Toxicologists (AIT) working party recommendation for standard delivered dose calculation and expression in non-clinical aerosol inhalation toxicology studies with pharmaceuticalsDavid J Alexander
D A Non clinical Safety, Godmanchester, UK
Inhal Toxicol 20:1179-89. 2008There are many ways in which the dose can be expressed in inhalation toxicology studies. This can lead to confusion when comparing results from studies performed in different laboratories...
- The Matthew effect in environmental science publication: a bibliometric analysis of chemical substances in journal articlesPhilippe Grandjean
Department of Environmental Medicine, and University Library, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Environ Health 10:96. 2011..While environmental research addresses scientific questions of possible societal relevance, it is unclear to what degree research focuses on environmental chemicals in need of documentation for risk assessment purposes...
- Stem cell-derived hepatocytes and their use in toxicologyChristiane Guguen-Guillouzo
INSERM 522 EA MDC, Hopital Pontchaillou and Université de Rennes I, 35033 Rennes Cedex, France
Toxicology 270:3-9. 2010..Since the research field on stem cells is growing fast marked advances might be expected in the next future...
- Virtual tissues in toxicologyImran Shah
National Center for Computational Toxicology, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 13:314-28. 2010..In toxicology, these "virtual" tissues (VT) aim to predict histopathological outcomes from alterations of cellular phenotypes ..
- In silico toxicology for the pharmaceutical sciencesLuis G Valerio
Science and Research Staff, Office of Pharmaceutical Science, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, White Oak 51 Room 4128, 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20993 0002, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 241:356-70. 2009The applied use of in silico technologies (a.k.a. computational toxicology, in silico toxicology, computer-assisted tox, e-tox, i-drug discovery, predictive ADME, etc...
- State-of-the-art genomics approaches in toxicologyPaul Van Hummelen
Microarray Facility, VIB, Herestraat 18, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Mutat Res 705:165-71. 2010..need to be resolved or improved for efficient incorporation of genomics in drug development and environmental toxicology research include data analysis, data interpretation tools and accessible data repositories...
- Toxicology and epidemiology: improving the science with a framework for combining toxicological and epidemiological evidence to establish causal inferenceHans Olov Adami
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Toxicol Sci 122:223-34. 2011Historically, toxicology has played a significant role in verifying conclusions drawn on the basis of epidemiological findings...
- Computational toxicology in drug developmentWolfgang Muster
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Non Clinical Drug Safety, Basel CH 4070, Switzerland
Drug Discov Today 13:303-10. 2008....
- The minipig as a platform for new technologies in toxicologyRoy Forster
CIT, BP 563, 27000 Evreux, France
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 62:227-35. 2010..minipig as a platform for future developments in genomics, high density biology, transgenic technology, in vitro toxicology and related emerging technologies was reviewed...
- DarT: The embryo test with the Zebrafish Danio rerio--a general model in ecotoxicology and toxicologyRoland Nagel
TU Dresden, Institut f r Hydrobiologie, D Dresden, Germany
ALTEX 19:38-48. 2002..Disturbance of pigmentation and effects on the frequency of heart-beat were examined. A further important application is testing of teratogenic chemicals. Based on the results DarT could be a screening test within preclinical studies...
- The fathead minnow in aquatic toxicology: past, present and futureGerald T Ankley
US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Mid Continent Ecology Division, Duluth, MN 55804, USA
Aquat Toxicol 78:91-102. 2006..reviews the roles of the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) as a small fish model in the field of aquatic toxicology. The species has been (and is) extensively used both for regulatory testing and research, especially in North ..
- Application of connectivity mapping in predictive toxicology based on gene-expression similarityJoshua L Smalley
Medical Research Council Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Systems Toxicology Group, Lancaster Road, Leicester, LE1 9HN, UK
Toxicology 268:143-6. 2010..There are a number of applications but in toxicology the most pertinent is for understanding mechanisms of toxicity...
- Markers of genetic susceptibility in human environmental hygiene and toxicology: the role of selected CYP, NAT and GST genesRicarda Thier
School of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
Int J Hyg Environ Health 206:149-71. 2003..Studies of individual susceptibility to toxicants and gene-environment interaction are now emerging as an important component of molecular epidemiology...
- The new toxicology of sophisticated materials: nanotoxicology and beyondAndrew D Maynard
Risk Science Center, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48019, USA
Toxicol Sci 120:S109-29. 2011..Yet over the past 20 years, toxicology research has suggested complex and previously unrecognized associations between material physicochemistry at the ..
- Nitrative and oxidative stress in toxicology and diseaseRuth A Roberts
AstraZeneca R and D Safety Assessment, Alderley Park, UK SK9 1DG
Toxicol Sci 112:4-16. 2009..An understanding of fundamental concepts of oxidative and nitrative stress can underpin a rational plan of treatment for diseases and toxicities associated with excessive production of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species...
- Chiral toxicology: it's the same thing...only differentSilas W Smith
New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Toxicol Sci 110:4-30. 2009..Enantiomers may possess different carcinogenicity and teratogenicity. Environmental toxicology provides several examples in which compound bioaccumulation, persistence, and toxicity show chiral dependence...
- A method to integrate benchmark dose estimates with genomic data to assess the functional effects of chemical exposureRussell S Thomas
The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Division of Computational Biology, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2137, USA
Toxicol Sci 98:240-8. 2007..chemical exposure has significant potential, but its direct application has proven to be challenging for the toxicology and risk assessment communities...
- Computational toxicology approaches at the US Food and Drug AdministrationChihae Yang
Office of Food Additive Safety, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, US Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD, USA
Altern Lab Anim 37:523-31. 2009..Administration (US FDA) has been engaged in the applied research, development, and evaluation of computational toxicology methods used to support the safety evaluation of a diverse set of regulated products...
- NanotoxicologyK Donaldson
Occup Environ Med 61:727-8. 2004
- Metabonomics: its potential as a tool in toxicology for safety assessment and data integrationJ L Griffin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, UK
Curr Drug Metab 5:389-98. 2004..In this review the benefits of this metabonomics/metabolomics approach to problems in toxicology will be discussed...
- Hair analysis in toxicologyMarion Villain
Laboratoire de Toxicologie, Institut de Medecine Legale, Strasbourg, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1265-72. 2004..The present review aims to summarise the various applications that have been published...
- Zebrafish as a novel experimental model for developmental toxicologyHiroki Teraoka
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 43:123-32. 2003..convenient model system other than organ cultures using rodents to study the various aspects of developmental toxicology. Cultured cells are not always adequate for this purpose, since events in morphogenesis are processed through ..
- Sulfonation in pharmacology and toxicologyFrederick C Kauffman
Laboratory for Cellular and Biochemical Toxicology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Drug Metab Rev 36:823-43. 2004..As with many Phase I and Phase II reactions, sulfonation may also serve as the terminal step in activating certain dietary and environmental agents to very reactive toxic intermediates implicated in carcinogenesis...
- Historical perspectives on cadmium toxicologyGunnar F Nordberg
Environmental Medicine, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 238:192-200. 2009..The early identification of an important role of metallothionein in cadmium toxicology formed the basis for recent studies using biomarkers of susceptibility to development of Cd-related renal ..
- The ToxCast program for prioritizing toxicity testing of environmental chemicalsDavid J Dix
National Center for Computational Toxicology D343 03, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 95:5-12. 2007..be generated through a series of external contracts, along with collaborations across EPA, with the National Toxicology Program, and with the National Institutes of Health Chemical Genomics Center...
- Stem cells in toxicology: fundamental biology and practical considerationsKyung Sun Kang
Adult Stem Cell Research Center, Laboratory for Stem Cell and Tumor Biology, Department of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Sillim dong, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Toxicol Sci 120:S269-89. 2011..In addition, modulation of quantity, as well as the quality, of stem cells should be considered as potential source of a chemical's toxic potential in affecting any stem cell-based pathology, such as cancer...
- A framework for using structural, reactivity, metabolic and physicochemical similarity to evaluate the suitability of analogs for SAR-based toxicological assessmentsShengde Wu
Central Product Safety Department, The Procter and Gamble Company, Miami Valley Innovation Center, 11810 E Miami River Road, Cincinnati, OH 45040, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 56:67-81. 2010....
- Challenges and limitations of gene expression profiling in mechanistic and predictive toxicologyM R Fielden
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Institute of Environmental Toxicology, Michigan State University, 223 Biochemistry Building, Wilson Road, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 60:6-10. 2001..addresses some of the limitations and uncertainties of gene expression profiling in mechanistic and predictive toxicology with respect to the expectations of toxicogenomics...
- A toxicology for the 21st century--mapping the road aheadThomas Hartung
Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing, Department for Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Toxicol Sci 109:18-23. 2009The landmark publication by the National Research Council putting forward a vision of a toxicology for the 21st century in 2007 has created an atmosphere of departure in our field...
- Toward an evidence-based toxicologyS Hoffmann
European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods, 21020 Ispra VA, Italy
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:497-513. 2006The increasing demands on toxicology of large-scale risk assessment programmes for chemicals and emerging or expanding areas of chemical use suggest it is timely to review the toxicological toolbox...
- Clinical toxicology and drug regulation: a United Kingdom perspectiveW Stephen Waring
Acute Medical Unit, York Hospital, York, UK
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 49:452-6. 2011..three selected examples are presented to illustrate the complex interaction between drug regulation and clinical toxicology. First, the effects of the withdrawal of rofecoxib in 2004 shows that regulatory responses may reduce the ..
- Toxicology databases and the concept of thresholds of toxicological concern as used by the JECFA for the safety evaluation of flavouring agentsA G Renwick
Clinical Pharmacology Group, Allergy and Inflammatory Sciences Research Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Biomedical Sciences Building, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton SO16 7PX, UK
Toxicol Lett 149:223-34. 2004..An additional threshold of 1.5 microg per day, derived from doses of investigated chemicals giving a calculated cancer risk of one in a million, is applied when appropriate toxicity data are not available...
- Combined histomorphometric and gene-expression profiling applied to toxicologyAndres Kriete
Tissue Informatics Inc, 711 Bingham Street, Suite 200, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Genome Biol 4:R32. 2003..profiles amenable to intensive data mining and multisample comparison for a comprehensive approach to toxicology. This hybrid technology, termed extensible morphometric relational gene-expression analysis (EMeRGE), is applied ..
- Information extraction in the life sciences: perspectives for medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and toxicologyMarc Zimmermann
Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI, Schloss Birlinghoven, D 53754 St Augustin, Germany
Curr Top Med Chem 5:785-96. 2005..Similar to biology and medical sciences, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and toxicology are descriptive sciences...
- The impact of network biology in pharmacology and toxicologyG Panagiotou
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
SAR QSAR Environ Res 23:221-35. 2012....
- Fish models in toxicologyMichael J Carvan
Great Lakes Wisconsin Aquaculture Technology and Environmental Research WATER Institute, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 600 E Greenfield Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53204, USA
Zebrafish 4:9-20. 2007
- Computational toxicology: framework, partnerships, and program development. September 29-30, 2003, Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaRobert Kavlock
Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, USA
Reprod Toxicol 19:265-80. 2005
- Predictive toxicology of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles: comparative in-vitro study of different cellular models using methods of knowledge discovery from dataLimor Horev-Azaria
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and the Marian Gertner Institute for Medical Nanosystems, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Part Fibre Toxicol 10:32. 2013..Cobalt-ferrite nanoparticles (Co-Fe NPs) are attractive for nanotechnology-based therapies. Thus, exploring their effect on viability of seven different cell lines representing different organs of the human body is highly important...
- Bias in toxicologyBirgitte Wandall
Department of Philosophy and the History of Technology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, Teknikringen 78 B, 100 44, Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Toxicol 81:605-17. 2007..Due to the lack of empirical studies of bias in toxicology, very little is known about its prevalence and impact...
- National Toxicology Program Center for the Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction: guidelines for CERHR expert panel membersMichael D Shelby
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 74:9-16. 2005
- The application of toxicokinetic data to dosage selection in toxicology studiesD G Morgan
Department of Toxicology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
Toxicol Pathol 22:112-23. 1994Appropriate dosage selection is a key element in the design of toxicology studies and, hence, is the first step in the process of evaluating the safety of a new chemical or pharmaceutical agent...
- Dose-response modeling of continuous endpointsWout Slob
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment RIVM, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 66:298-312. 2002..The various applications of the proposed methodology are illustrated by real data sets...
- Toxicology of chemical mixtures: international perspectiveV J Feron
TNO Nutrition and Food Research Institute, Toxicology Division, Zeist, The Netherlands
Environ Health Perspect 106:1281-9. 1998..Outside the United States, toxicologists and regulators clearly have a growing interest in the toxicology and risk assessment of chemical mixtures.
- Future of toxicology--mechanisms of toxicity and drug safety: where do we go from here?James L Stevens
Toxicology and Drug Disposition, Lilly Research Laboratories, 2001 West Main Street, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 19:1393-401. 2006....
- Identification and quantification of 8 sulfonylureas with clinical toxicology interest by liquid chromatography-ion-trap tandem mass spectrometry and library searchingGuillaume Hoizey
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Toxicologie, Hopital Maison Blanche, CHU de Reims, France
Clin Chem 51:1666-72. 2005....
- Toxicology mechanism of the persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in fish through AhR pathwayHailong Zhou
Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Yantai, PR China
Toxicol Mech Methods 20:279-86. 2010..The mechanism of POPs toxicology is very complicated, but it is mainly mediated by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) pathway in fish...
- Use of traditional end points and gene dysregulation to understand mechanisms of toxicity: toxicogenomics in mechanistic toxicologyWayne R Buck
Department of Cellular and Molecular Toxicology, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, USA
Methods Mol Biol 460:23-44. 2008....
- Toxicogenomics and classic toxicology: how to improve prediction and mechanistic understanding of human toxicityDonna L Mendrick
Department of Toxicogenomics, Gene Logic Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Methods Mol Biol 460:1-22. 2008..companies are using it in one or more ways to improve their productivity and supplement their classic toxicology studies...
- The common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) as a model in toxicologyU Zühlke
Covance Laboratories GmbH, 48163 Münster, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 31:123-7. 2003..them to be used in a wide range of research as a model of human disease, physiology, drug metabolism, general toxicology, and reproductive biology...
- Implications of gender differences for human health risk assessment and toxicologyMarie Vahter
Division of Metals and Health, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Environ Res 104:70-84. 2007..This paper from The Human Health working group of SGOMSEC 16 examines a broad range of issues on gender effects in toxicology. Gender differences in toxicology begin at the gamete and embryo stage, continuing through development and ..
- Medical toxicology and public health-update on research and activities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryRichard Y Wang
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
J Med Toxicol 4:143-4. 2008
- Framework for gender differences in human and animal toxicologyMichael Gochfeld
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Environ Res 104:4-21. 2007..Yet differences due to sex and gender have not received adequate attention in human or animal toxicology nor always in epidemiology...
- Hormesis. Nietzsche's toxicologyRebecca Renner
Sci Am 289:28-30. 2003
- Predictive toxicology: benchmarking molecular descriptors and statistical methodsJun Feng
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 43:1463-70. 2003..of different chemical descriptors and popular statistical methods were applied to the problem of predictive toxicology. Four data sets were collected and cleaned, and four different sets of chemical descriptors were calculated for ..
- Multi-analyte procedures for screening for and quantification of drugs in blood, plasma, or serum by liquid chromatography-single stage or tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS or LC-MS/MS) relevant to clinical and forensic toxicologyHans H Maurer
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Clin Biochem 38:310-8. 2005..These procedures are relevant tools in clinical and forensic toxicology, and cover analysis of amphetamines, cocaine, hallucinogens, opioids, anesthetics, hypnotics, benzodiazepines, ..
- Comparative aspects of nasal airway anatomy: relevance to inhalation toxicologyJ R Harkema
Inhalation Toxicology Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185
Toxicol Pathol 19:321-36. 1991..Responsible estimates of risks of nasal toxicants to human health must be made with a knowledge of the differences and similarities of the structural components in human and animal nasal airways...
- Toxicology in the ICU: Part 2: specific toxinsDaniel E Brooks
Department of Medical Toxicology, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Chest 140:1072-85. 2011..The first article discussed the general approach to the toxicology patient, including laboratory testing; the third article will cover natural toxins.
- The practice of structure activity relationships (SAR) in toxicologyJ D McKinney
United States Environmental Protection Agency NHEERL, 111 Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 56:8-17. 2000..This minireview will discuss some generic issues and modeling approaches that are tailored to problems in toxicology. Different approaches to, and some facets and limitations of the practice and science of, SAR as they pertain to ..
- EU framework 6 project: predictive toxicology (PredTox)--overview and outcomeLaura Suter
Hoffmann La Roche AG, Basel, Switzerland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 252:73-84. 2011In this publication, we report the outcome of the integrated EU Framework 6 PROJECT: Predictive Toxicology (PredTox), including methodological aspects and overall conclusions...
- The National Center for Toxicogenomics: using new technologies to inform mechanistic toxicologyRaymond W Tennant
Environ Health Perspect 110:A8-10. 2002
- Applications of computational toxicology methods at the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryHisham A El-Masri
Computational Toxicology Laboratory, Division of Toxicology, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Hyg Environ Health 205:63-9. 2002..pollutants, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry relies on the latest advances in computational toxicology. The computational toxicology laboratory at the agency is continually engaged in developing and applying models ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011The goal of this contract is to provide support of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) hazard assessment activities targeted toward the prevention of diseases or adverse effects caused by environmental exposure to chemical or physical ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012The goal of this contract is to provide support of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) hazard assessment activities targeted toward the prevention of diseases or adverse effects caused by environmental exposure to chemical or physical ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., health disparities, consumer health, health information literacy, HIV/AIDS, health services research, toxicology and environmental health);local/state public health departments with particular emphasis on Internet access and ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2011..g., health disparities, consumer health, health information literacy, HIV/AIDS, health services research, toxicology and environmental health);local/state public health departments with particular emphasis on Internet access and ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., health disparities, consumer health, health information literacy, HIV/AIDS, health services research, toxicology and environmental health);local/state public health departments with particular emphasis on Internet access and ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Pilot and definitive studies to evaluate Insertional MutagenesisLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012The purpose of this contract is to conduct studies, which will help the National Toxicology Program (NTP) in the toxicologic characterization associated with short-term exposures to a variety of chemicals...
- Studies to Evaluate the Toxicological Potential of Test ArticlesLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010The purpose of this contract is to conduct studies, which will help the National Toxicology Program (NTP) in the toxicologic characterization associated with short-term exposures to a variety of chemicals...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we will complement this epidemiological study with a parallel toxicology in-vitro study which will involve collecting and characterizing air pollution particle samples (PM10 and PM2...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2013
- N-methanocarbathymidine (N-MCT) for the Treatment of Herpes and Pox Virus InfectiAquilur Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..John Huggins, USAMRIID. Specific Aim #3: To complete preclinical toxicology and pharmacokinetic studies of N-MCT for filing an IND with the FDA...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2012
- A Soft Topical Antiandrogenic DrugWei Chu Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..S)-HYG-440 and (S)-HYG-441 as candidate drug and metabolic product, respectively;the latter will serve also as toxicology sample and marker for further analyses;application of (S)-HYG-440 to the skin of hamsters, and analysis of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2012
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2009The goal of this contract is to provide support of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) hazard assessment activities targeted toward the prevention of diseases or adverse effects caused by environmental exposure to chemical or physical ..
- Preclinical Development of JS-K, a Novel NO-Generating Prodrug for CancerPaul J Shami; Fiscal Year: 2012..this Fast Track Phase I/II SBIR application to perform the standard acute and subchronic pre-clinical animal toxicology studies needed using Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) to support a successful Investigational New Drug (IND) ..
- SPEAKER TRAVEL AND SCIENTIFIC SESSION SUPPORT FOR THE TERATOLOGY SOCIETY 50TH Christina Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2011..advanced scientific knowledge from diverse fields such as cell and molecular biology, developmental biology and toxicology, nutrition, genetics and epidemiology...
- Targeting superbugs: discovery and development of new broad-spectrum lipopeptidesJian Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 5: To conduct IND-enabling toxicology studies...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Alzheimer's Disease TherapeuticTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2012..In a Phase III commercialization effort, we will conduct IND-enabling preclinical in vivo studies, including toxicology, efficacy, pharmacology and stability testing of selected formulation of bryostatin 1 drug product under Good ..
- N-methanocarbathymidine (N-MCT) for the Treatment of Herpes and Pox Virus InfectiAquilur Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim #3: To complete preclinical toxicology and toxicokinetic studies of N-MCT sufficient for filing an IND with the FDA...
- Efficacy of GABAA a5 receptor inverse agonists in learning impaired ratsEARL MICHAEL GIBBS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Maximum tolerated dose studies will be carried out as part of lead optimization toxicology, which may also detect if PWZ-029 will cause seizures...
- Novel SCID rat models for human cell transplantation studiesJoseph C Ruiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The laboratory rat is used extensively by the pharmaceutical industry for preclinical animal efficacy and toxicology studies...
- New drug VS-110 for treating inflammatory bowel diseasesJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies including VS-110 synthesis scale-up, process development and pharmacokinetics, metabolism, safety and toxicology. The completion of Phase II studies will allow VS-110 to enter human clinical trials...
- New drug Vida-5 for treating chronic kidney disease progressionJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2011..studies including Vida-5 synthesis scale-up, process development and pharmacokinetics, metabolism, safety and toxicology. The completion of Phase II studies will allow Vida-5 to enter human clinical trials...
- Novel drug VS-105 for treatment of diabetic nephropathyJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..studies including VS-105 synthesis scale-up, process development and pharmacokinetics, metabolism, safety and toxicology. The completion of Phase II studies will allow VS-105 to enter human clinical trials...
- Adult and Transgenerational Toxicity Due to Developmental TCDD ExposureTracie R Baker; Fiscal Year: 2013..This plan will stretch my research expertise and enhance my training in developmental toxicology research...
- Long-Acting G-CSF Analog for Treating ARSGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2013..the safety profile and pharmacokinetic properties of the protein in IND-enabling, GLP animal pharmacology and toxicology studies in order to identify safe doses of the drug for testing in humans...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neuroscience and toxicology. These studies have been performed only in small size subjects due to fundamental limitations associated with ..
- Effects of environmental thyroid hormone disrupting compounds on CNS developmentCHRISTOPHER KIRK THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..These will be important advances in the fields of environmental toxicology, neuroendocrinology and brain development...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neuroscience and toxicology. These studies have been performed only in small size subjects due to fundamental limitations associated with ..
- Effect of exposure to organochlorine compounds on the development of obesity andGEORGE E HOWELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..Howell to make a transition from his basic pharmacology background to the field of environmental toxicology. Dr...
- Double Humanization of Liver and Blood in MiceELIZABETH MARIE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, drug-drug interactions, toxicology and gene therapy among others...
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1Richard Weisbart; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final product concept will undergo further efficacy, pharmacology and toxicology studies, scaled-up GLP production, additional pre- IND pharmacology and toxicology studies, and upon FDA ..
- PROBES FOR CYTOMETRYZbigniew Darzynkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..develop will find wide application in many diverse fields including pharmacology, mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, toxicology, experimental and clinical oncology as well as in cell and molecular biology...
- Role of Physico-chemical Properties in the Reprotoxicity of Inhaled Cd NP.JUDITH TERRY ZELIKOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..of nanoparticles (NP) are numerous and the exponential increase in their use drives the need for understanding toxicology of these particles. Most non-carbon NP contain one or more toxicologically-active metals, including cadmium (Cd)...
- GM-CSF analogs for treating acute radiation syndromeGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2010..the safety profile and pharmacokinetic properties of the protein in IND- enabling, GLP animal pharmacology and toxicology studies, which are required by the FDA prior to testing the compound in humans...
- Model of the Human Testis for Reproductive ToxicologyPAUL JACOB TUREK; Fiscal Year: 2011..Most systematic toxicology research is conducted in animals and is very expensive...
- Organismal Radioprotection Through Pharmacological QuiescenceJOHN S CHANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..In aim 2, we will perform extensive characterization in rodents of the pharmacology and toxicology of the most promising CDK inhibitors identified in aim 1...
- Development of a Novel PolC Inhibitor as a Gram-Positive AntibioticTHALE CROSS JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Exploratory toxicology and toxicokinetic studies will be performed under non-GLP conditions in two species to support dose selection, ..
- Creation of hyperactive transposons for mutagenesis in rodentsEric M Ostertag; Fiscal Year: 2011..and humans also share more similarity in their cytochrome P450 genes, making the rat a more useful model for toxicology and pharmacology studies...
- Novel Drug VS-105 for Treatment of OsteoporosisJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies including VS-105 synthesis scale-up, process development and pharmacokinetics, metabolism, safety and toxicology. The completion of Phase II studies will allow VS-105 to enter human clinical trials...
- Research Center for Pharmacology &Drug ToxicologyL Jackson Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Research Center for Pharmacology and Drug Toxicology brings together a group of highly experienced investigators with a shared interest in the role of oxygenation of lipids and oxidative stress in ..
- 3D Skin Model to Test Toxic and Sensitizing Potentials of Environmental ChemicalsAkira Takashima; Fiscal Year: 2010..Although toxicology tests have been performed using animals, there exists an urgent and critical need for alternative in vitro tests ..
- Air Pollution, Inflammation and Preterm Birth: A Mechanistic Study in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, we will complement this epidemiological study with a parallel toxicology in-vitro study which will involve collecting and characterizing air pollution particle samples (PM10 and PM2...
- Developing Immunotherapeutics for Methamphetamine AbuseTHOMAS RICHARD KOSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, material suitable for use in a Phase I clinical trial will be manufactured and formal toxicology testing will be completed...
- Long-acting Growth Hormone for Treating HIV-Associated Adipose Redistribution SynGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2009..Practices) manufacturing process and supporting assay methods to produce material for GLP pharmacology and toxicology studies...
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMCLARK ALGAIER; Fiscal Year: 2009In support of National Toxicology Program (NTP), in their efforts of toxicological evaluations of toxicants, we have completed nearly 100 chemistry tasks were performed during FY2009...
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2003..For the past three years, we have employed an abuse liability/behavioral toxicology testing methodology to examine the effects of a number of different opioids that are typically given to patients ..
- microRNAs in Developmental ToxicologyMark E Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..expression-and to establish the zebrafish embryo as a model for studying the roles of microRNAs in developmental toxicology and teratogenicity...
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMReshan Fernando; Fiscal Year: 2010The goal of this project is to provide support of National Toxicology Program (NTP) hazard identification activities targeted toward the prevention of diseases or adverse effects caused by environmental exposure to chemical or physical ..
- Predictive Toxicological Paradigms to Establish Inhalation Toxicology ModelsANDRE ELIAS NEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lutz Mddler at Bremen University (Germany), aim to establish a mouse inhalation toxicology model to screen combinatorial nanomaterials libraries that are linked to mechanistic injury pathways in tissue ..
- Toxicology Education SummitAaron Barchowsky; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) Toxicology is a discipline and profession that is dedicated to identifying the adverse effects of chemical, physical or biological agents on living organisms and the ecosystem, and to prevent and ..
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMSTEVE GRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2009The goal of this contract is to provide support of National Toxicology Program (NTP) hazard identification activities targeted toward the prevention of diseases or adverse effects caused by environmental exposure to chemical or physical ..
- IMMUNOCHEMISTRY--IMMUNOASSAYS TO ARTIFICIAL ENZYMESMARK KURTH; Fiscal Year: 1993..goal is to become an expert in immunochemistry, particularly as it applies to environmental assessment and toxicology. Toward that goal, Dr...
- Symposium on Proteomics and ToxicologyIan Blair; Fiscal Year: 2003..by applicant) This proposal is a request for financial support for a half-day symposium on "Proteomics and Toxicology: Recent Advances in Technology and Applications" to be presented at the American Chemical Society National ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..is an established animal carcinogen, and is considered a "probably human carcinogen" by the National Toxicology Program and the International Agency for Research on Cancer...
- Training in Molecular and Mechanistic ToxicologyEdson X Albuquerque; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provide by applicant) This application is for continuation of a toxicology training program at University of Maryland (UM)...
- Pharmacology and Toxicology for Neurotherapeutics Program (PTNP)Patricia Noker; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Pharmacology and Toxicology for Neurotherapeutics Program (PTNP) contract award will support all preclinical pharmacology and toxicology ..
- NIEHS Center for Health Effects of AgrochemicalsFumio Matsumura; Fiscal Year: 2006..The major goal of the NIEHS Center for Environmental Health Sciences at UCD is to maintain a strong program in the toxicology of agrochemicals and related xenobiotics, particularly relating to human health and the mechanistic aspects of ..
- CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENTAL AND MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGYColin Jefcoate; Fiscal Year: 2001..joint Research Core Workshops, focal group meetings, invited seminars, and an annual symposium on Developmental Toxicology and an Annual Retreat...
- Pesticides and Toxicology: A Century of Environmental HealthFrederick Davis; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Pesticides and Toxicology: A Century of Environmental Health is the first detailed historical examination of the development of the art and science of environmental risk assessment...