Genomes and Genes
Summary: A branch of genetics which deals with the genetic variability in individual responses to drugs and drug metabolism (BIOTRANSFORMATION).
Publications405 found, 100 shown here
- Human catechol-O-methyltransferase pharmacogenetics: description of a functional polymorphism and its potential application to neuropsychiatric disordersH M Lachman
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Pharmacogenetics 6:243-50. 1996..In addition, this polymorphism may have pharmacogenetic significance in that it will help make it possible to identify patients who display altered metabolism of catechol drugs...
- Pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics, and individualized medicineQiang Ma
Receptor Biology Laboratory, Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1095 Willowdale Rd, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Pharmacol Rev 63:437-59. 2011..For more than 5 decades, studies of pharmacogenetics have provided ample examples of causal relations between genotypes and drug response to account for ..
- Cytochrome P450 variations in different ethnic populationsJoseph McGraw
Concordia University Wisconsin, School of Pharmacy, 12800 N Lakeshore Drive, Mequon, WI 53022, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 8:371-82. 2012..New SNPs with functional impacts are constantly being identified which further explain variability in CYP450 phenotype...
- Reduced-function CYP2C19 genotype and risk of adverse clinical outcomes among patients treated with clopidogrel predominantly for PCI: a meta-analysisJessica L Mega
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
JAMA 304:1821-30. 2010..Data suggest its pharmacologic effect varies based on CYP2C19 genotype, but there is uncertainty regarding the clinical risk imparted by specific genotypes...
- Operational implementation of prospective genotyping for personalized medicine: the design of the Vanderbilt PREDICT projectJ M Pulley
Department of Medical Administration, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 92:87-95. 2012..The establishment of programs such as this is a first step toward implementing and evaluating strategies for personalized medicine...
- Pharmacogenetics of hypersensitivity to abacavir: from PGx hypothesis to confirmation to clinical utilityA R Hughes
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmacogenetics, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 8:365-74. 2008The hypersensitivity (HSR) to abacavir (ABC) pharmacogenetics (PGx) program represents the progression from an exploratory discovery to a validated biomarker...
- Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium Guidelines for CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotypes and warfarin dosingJ A Johnson
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research, College of Pharmacy, and Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:625-9. 2011..The Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC) of the National Institutes of Health Pharmacogenomics Research Network ..
- Influence of cytochrome P450 polymorphisms on drug therapies: pharmacogenetic, pharmacoepigenetic and clinical aspectsMagnus Ingelman-Sundberg
Section of Pharmacogenetics, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacol Ther 116:496-526. 2007....
- Pharmacogenomics: "noninferiority" is sufficient for initial implementationR B Altman
Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:348-50. 2011..In many cases, pharmacogenetic tests need only reach reasonable expectations of noninferiority (compared with current prescribing practices) to merit use...
- Pharmacogenomics: translating functional genomics into rational therapeuticsW E Evans
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Science 286:487-91. 1999....
- Influence of pharmacogenetics on response and toxicity in breast cancer patients treated with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamideJ Bray
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Cancer 102:1003-9. 2010..It is not known whether this genetic variation has an impact on the efficacy or toxicity of AC therapy...
- Hepatitis C pharmacogenetics: state of the art in 2010Nezam H Afdhal
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Hepatology 53:336-45. 2011....
- Randomized trial of genotype-guided versus standard warfarin dosing in patients initiating oral anticoagulationJeffrey L Anderson
Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Circulation 116:2563-70. 2007..Pharmacogenetic-guided dosing of warfarin is a promising application of "personalized medicine" but has not been adequately tested in randomized trials...
- Pharmacogenetics, drug-metabolizing enzymes, and clinical practiceSharon J Gardiner
Department of Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine, Private Bag 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Pharmacol Rev 58:521-90. 2006The application of pharmacogenetics holds great promise for individualized therapy. However, it has little clinical reality at present, despite many claims...
- Use of pharmacogenetic and clinical factors to predict the therapeutic dose of warfarinB F Gage
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:326-31. 2008..To facilitate use of these pharmacogenetic and clinical algorithms, we developed a nonprofit website, http://www.WarfarinDosing.org...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- Warfarin pharmacogenetics: a single VKORC1 polymorphism is predictive of dose across 3 racial groupsNita A Limdi
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Blood 115:3827-34. 2010..Participants were recruited from 11 countries as part of the International Warfarin Pharmacogenetics Consortium effort...
- A genomewide association study of citalopram response in major depressive disorderHolly A Garriock
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:133-8. 2010..We have carried out a genomewide association study to determine whether common DNA variation influences antidepressant response...
- A genomewide association study points to multiple loci that predict antidepressant drug treatment outcome in depressionMarcus Ising
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich 80804, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:966-75. 2009..Genetic factors and clinical characteristics contribute to the failure of a favorable treatment outcome...
- Ethnic differences in cardiovascular drug response: potential contribution of pharmacogeneticsJulie A Johnson
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutics and Medicine, Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0486, USA
Circulation 118:1383-93. 2008
- Point-of-care genetic testing for personalisation of antiplatelet treatment (RAPID GENE): a prospective, randomised, proof-of-concept trialJason D Roberts
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Lancet 379:1705-11. 2012..We used a novel point-of-care genetic test to identify carriers of the CYP2C19*2 allele and aimed to assess a pharmacogenetic approach to dual antiplatelet treatment after PCI...
- Pharmacogenetics: from bench to byte--an update of guidelinesJ J Swen
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:662-73. 2011..Therefore, the Royal Dutch Association for the Advancement of Pharmacy established the Pharmacogenetics Working Group with the objective of developing pharmacogenetics-based therapeutic (dose) recommendations...
- A genome-wide association study confirms VKORC1, CYP2C9, and CYP4F2 as principal genetic determinants of warfarin doseFumihiko Takeuchi
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
PLoS Genet 5:e1000433. 2009..5% of dose variance. These GWAS results provide further impetus for conducting large-scale trials assessing patient benefit from genotype-based forecasting of warfarin dose...
- Pharmacogenetic & pharmacokinetic biomarker for efavirenz based ARV and rifampicin based anti-TB drug induced liver injury in TB-HIV infected patientsGetnet Yimer
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e27810. 2011....
- Pharmacogenetics of antidepressant responseRobert Keers
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry at King s College London, 16 De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Expert Rev Neurother 11:101-25. 2011....
- Clinical assessment incorporating a personal genomeEuan A Ashley
Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Lancet 375:1525-35. 2010..The cost of genomic information has fallen steeply, but the clinical translation of genetic risk estimates remains unclear. We aimed to undertake an integrated analysis of a complete human genome in a clinical context...
- Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC) guidelines for codeine therapy in the context of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) genotypeK R Crews
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:321-6. 2012..The purpose of this guideline (periodically updated at http://www.pharmgkb.org) is to provide information relating to the interpretation of CYP2D6 genotype test results to guide the dosing of codeine...
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism is a major determinant of clopidogrel responsiveness in healthy subjectsJean Sebastien Hulot
INSERM U 765, Service d Hématologie Biologique A, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Blood 108:2244-7. 2006....
- The CYP2D6 activity score: translating genotype information into a qualitative measure of phenotypeA Gaedigk
Section of Developmental Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:234-42. 2008..The AS tool warrants further prospective evaluation for CYP2D6 substrates and in additional ethnic populations...
- Chemotherapeutic drug susceptibility associated SNPs are enriched in expression quantitative trait lociEric R Gamazon
Sections of Genetic Medicine and Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Pharmacogenomics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9287-92. 2010....
- Genome-wide association studies in pharmacogenomicsAnn K Daly
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Nat Rev Genet 11:241-6. 2010..Since 2007, a range of pharmacogenomics GWA studies have been published that have identified several interesting and novel associations between drug responses or reactions and clinically relevant loci, showing the value of this approach...
- Pharmacogenetics of lithium response in bipolar disorderMichael J McCarthy
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Pharmacogenomics 11:1439-65. 2010..Finally, a framework is proposed by which future pharmacogenetic studies can incorporate advances in genetics, molecular biology and bioinformatics in a pathway-based approach to predicting lithium treatment response...
- Clopidogrel: a case for indication-specific pharmacogeneticsJ A Johnson
College of Pharmacy and Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:774-6. 2012....
- Cytochrome P450 2C8 pharmacogenetics: a review of clinical studiesElizabeth B Daily
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Denver, School of Pharmacy, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:1489-510. 2009..In this review, CYP2C8 clinical pharmacogenetic data are provided by drug class, followed by a discussion of the future of CYP2C8 clinical pharmacogenetic research...
- Meta-analysis on pharmacogenetics of platinum-based chemotherapy in non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patientsJi Ye Yin
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hunan Key Laboratory of Pharmacogenetics, Central South University, Changsha, China
PLoS ONE 7:e38150. 2012To determine the pharmacogenetics of platinum-based chemotherapy in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) patients.
- Review and meta-analysis of antidepressant pharmacogenetic findings in major depressive disorderM Kato
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Mol Psychiatry 15:473-500. 2010..This would have required a Bonferroni significance level of P<0.0023. Although some heterogeneity was present across studies, our finding suggests that 5-HTTLPR, STin2, HTR1A, HTR2A, TPH1 and BDNF may modulate antidepressant response...
- The impact of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genetic polymorphism and patient characteristics upon warfarin dose requirements: proposal for a new dosing regimenElizabeth A Sconce
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Blood 106:2329-33. 2005..Based upon the data, a new warfarin dosing regimen has been developed. The validity of the dosing regimen was confirmed in a second cohort of patients on warfarin therapy...
- Adoption of pharmacogenomic testing by US physicians: results of a nationwide surveyE J Stanek
Medco Research Institute, LLC, Medco Health Solutions, Inc, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:450-8. 2012..0% of physicians overall had received any education in the field. Our findings highlight the need for more effective physician education on the clinical value, availability, and interpretation of pharmacogenomic tests...
- Clinical application of pharmacogeneticsB B Spear
Abbott Laboratories, D424 Bldg AP6A, 100 Abbott Park Road, North Chicago, IL 60064 6008, USA
Trends Mol Med 7:201-4. 2001b>Pharmacogenetics encompasses the involvement of genes in an individual's response to drugs...
- Pharmacogenetics: from bench to byteJ J Swen
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:781-7. 2008Despite initial enthusiasm, the use of pharmacogenetics has remained limited to investigation in only a few clinical fields such as oncology and psychiatry...
- The impact of pharmacogenetics on the development and use of antipsychotic drugsGavin P Reynolds
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Queen s University Belfast, Whitla Medical Building, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Drug Discov Today 12:953-9. 2007..Whether pharmacogenetics will prove valuable in antipsychotic drug discovery is unclear, although it is already elucidating mechanisms ..
- Response to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-1-infected individuals with allelic variants of the multidrug resistance transporter 1: a pharmacogenetics studyJacques Fellay
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet 359:30-6. 2002..This variability could have a genetic basis. We did a pharmacogenetics study to analyse the association between response to antiretroviral treatment and allelic variants of several ..
- Pharmacogenetics of acenocoumarol in patients with extreme dose requirementsV Pérez-Andreu
University of Murcia, Centro de Hemodonación, Murcia, Spain
J Thromb Haemost 8:1012-7. 2010..Recently, it has been suggested that the greatest benefit of pharmacogenetic algorithms is observed in patients with extreme dose requirements...
- Loading and maintenance dose algorithms for phenprocoumon and acenocoumarol using patient characteristics and pharmacogenetic dataRianne M F van Schie
Study Coordinating Centre, Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80 082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 32:1909-17. 2011..To provide physicians with tools to estimate the patient's individual dose, we aimed to develop algorithms for PHE and ACE...
- Comprehensive analysis of UGT1A polymorphisms predictive for pharmacokinetics and treatment outcome in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer treated with irinotecan and cisplatinJi Youn Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
J Clin Oncol 24:2237-44. 2006..To determine whether uridine diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1, UGT1A7, and UGT1A9 polymorphisms affect the pharmacokinetics (PK) of irinotecan and treatment outcome of Korean patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- PharmGKB: the Pharmacogenetics Knowledge BaseMicheal Hewett
Stanford Medical Informatics, 251 Campus Drive, MSOB X 215, Stanford, CA 94305 5479, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:163-5. 2002The Pharmacogenetics Knowledge Base (PharmGKB; http://www.pharmgkb.org/) contains genomic, phenotype and clinical information collected from ongoing pharmacogenetic studies...
- Radiation pharmacogenomics: a genome-wide association approach to identify radiation response biomarkers using human lymphoblastoid cell linesNifang Niu
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genome Res 20:1482-92. 2010..Studies performed with LCLs can help to identify novel biomarkers that might contribute to variation in response to radiation therapy and enhance our understanding of mechanisms underlying that variation...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFIRI chemotherapyA Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 8:278-88. 2008..Risk for Grade III-IV neutropenia was significantly associated with UGT1A1*28 7/7 genotype. These promising findings deserve further investigations and their validation in independent prospective studies...
- Pharmacogenetics of efavirenz and central nervous system side effects: an Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group studyDavid W Haas
Program for Human Genetics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 345 24th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
AIDS 18:2391-400. 2004..Efavirenz is metabolized by cytochrome P4502B6 (CYP2B6). We investigated whether polymorphisms in CYP2B6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and MDR1 were associated with efavirenz central nervous system side effects and pharmacokinetics...
- Functional pharmacogenetics/genomics of human cytochromes P450 involved in drug biotransformationUlrich M Zanger
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstr 112, 70376, Stuttgart, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:1093-108. 2008..In this review, we provide an up-to-date summary of the functional polymorphisms and aspects of the functional genomics of the major human drug-metabolizing cytochrome P450s, as well as their clinical significance...
- Pharmacogenetics and herb-drug interactions: experience with Ginkgo biloba and omeprazoleOphelia Q P Yin
School of Pharmacy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Pharmacogenetics 14:841-50. 2004..This study was designed to investigate the potential herb-drug interaction between G. biloba and omeprazole, a widely used CYP2C19 substrate, in subjects with different CYP2C19 genotypes...
- Pharmacogenetic predictors of adverse events and response to chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: results from North American Gastrointestinal Intergroup Trial N9741Howard L McLeod
University of North Carolina Institute for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3227-33. 2010..b>Pharmacogenetics identifies the likelihood of adverse events or response based on variants in genes involved in drug transport,..
- CFH and LOC387715/ARMS2 genotypes and treatment with antioxidants and zinc for age-related macular degenerationMichael L Klein
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1019-25. 2008..To determine if CFH and LOC387715/ARMS2 genotypes influence treatment response to AREDS-type nutritional supplementation with antioxidants and zinc...
- Gemcitabine and arabinosylcytosin pharmacogenomics: genome-wide association and drug response biomarkersLiang Li
Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7765. 2009....
- Genome-wide pharmacogenetics of antidepressant response in the GENDEP projectRudolf Uher
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, SE5 8AF, London, United Kingdom
Am J Psychiatry 167:555-64. 2010..The authors performed a genome-wide association analysis of improvement of depression severity with two antidepressant drugs...
- Clinical significance of the cytochrome P450 2C19 genetic polymorphismZeruesenay Desta
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Wishard Hospital, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:913-58. 2002..Finally, many studies have attempted to identify relationships between CYP2C19 genotype and phenotype and susceptibility to xenobiotic-induced disease, but none of these are compelling...
- Platinum neurotoxicity pharmacogeneticsSarah R McWhinney
School of Pharmacy, Institute for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7360, 3203 Kerr Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:10-6. 2009..These data have the potential for broad clinical implications if mechanistic associations lead to the development of toxicity modulators to minimize the noxious sequelae of platinum chemotherapy...
- Pharmacogenomic and structural analysis of constitutive g protein-coupled receptor activityMartine J Smit
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Chemistry, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 47:53-87. 2007..In this review, we provide a brief historical introduction to the concept of constitutive receptor activity and the pharmacogenomic and structural aspects of constitutive receptor activity...
- ADME pharmacogenetics: investigation of the pharmacokinetics of the antiretroviral agent lopinavir coformulated with ritonavirRubin Lubomirov
Institute of Microbiology, Service of Infectious Diseases, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:217-30. 2010An ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion)-pharmacogenetics association study may identify functional variants relevant to the pharmacokinetics of lopinavir co-formulated with ritonavir (LPV/r), a first-line anti-HIV ..
- Human arsenic methyltransferase (AS3MT) pharmacogenetics: gene resequencing and functional genomics studiesThomas C Wood
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 281:7364-73. 2006..Methylation is an important reaction in the biotransformation of arsenic. We set out to study the pharmacogenetics of human arsenic methyltransferase (AS3MT, previously CYT19)...
- Genetic factors associated with patient-specific warfarin dose in ethnic IndonesiansIvet M Suriapranata
Mochtar Riady Institute for Nanotechnology, Tangerang, Indonesia
BMC Med Genet 12:80. 2011..We analyzed Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) in these genes to identify genetic factors that might confer warfarin sensitivity in Indonesian patients...
- Clinical pharmacogenetics implementation consortium guidelines for HLA-B genotype and abacavir dosingM A Martin
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:734-8. 2012..We provide recommendations (updated periodically at http://www.pharmkgb.org) for the use of abacavir based on HLA-B genotype...
- Polymorphisms affecting gene regulation and mRNA processing: broad implications for pharmacogeneticsAndrew D Johnson
Integrated Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, 5072 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
Pharmacol Ther 106:19-38. 2005..Current methods and challenges associated with the identification and characterization of functional polymorphisms are also discussed...
- Risk factors associated with metabolic syndrome in bipolar and schizophrenia subjects treated with antipsychotics: the role of folate pharmacogeneticsVicki L Ellingrod
Department of Clinical Social and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:261-5. 2012..Use of this information clinically may help to reduce the risk for AAP metabolic complications in those whose clinical care necessitates the use of AAPs...
- Cancer pharmacoethnicity: ethnic differences in susceptibility to the effects of chemotherapyPeter H O'Donnell
Section of Hematology Oncology and Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4806-14. 2009..Ultimately, such understanding will further the lofty goal of individualization of chemotherapy based on a person's unique genetic make-up to improve the tolerability and effectiveness of chemotherapy for all patients...
- Validation and comparison of pharmacogenetics-based warfarin dosing algorithms for application of pharmacogenetic testingNitin Roper
University of Connecticut Health Center School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:283-91. 2010..All evaluated pharmacogenetics-based dosing algorithms performed similarly for both datasets...
- Genetic warfarin dosing: tables versus algorithmsBrian S Finkelman
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:612-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of genetic tables and formal pharmacogenetic algorithms for warfarin dosing...
- Nomenclature for alleles of the thiopurine methyltransferase geneMalin L Appell
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Drug Research, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:242-8. 2013..The committee has decided to renumber two alleles: nucleotide position 106 (G>A) from TPMT*24 to TPMT*30 and position 611 (T>C, rs79901429) from TPMT*28 to TPMT*31. Nomenclature for all other known alleles remains unchanged...
- Development and implementation of a pharmacist-managed clinical pharmacogenetics serviceKristine R Crews
Pharmaceutical Department, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 68:143-50. 2011The development and implementation of a pharmacist-managed clinical pharmacogenetics service are described.
- Personalized medicine and genomics: challenges and opportunities in assessing effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and future research prioritiesRena Conti
Department of Pediatrics and Center for Health and the Social Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Med Decis Making 30:328-40. 2010..The case of genetic testing to inform dosing with warfarin, an anticoagulant, is used to illustrate differing perspectives on evidence and decision making for personalized medicine...
- Pharmacogenetics of EGFR in lung cancer: perspectives and clinical applicationsClara Mayo
Pangaea Biotech, Laboratory of Oncology, USP Dexeus University Institute, Sabino Arana, 5 19, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 13:789-802. 2012..Finally, other genetic factors, such as mRNA expression of BRCA1 and components of the NF-κB pathway, can modulate response to EGFR TKIs in EGFR-mutated patients...
- Pharmacogenetics/genomics of membrane transporters in cancer chemotherapyYing Huang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:183-201. 2007....
- HLA and pharmacogenetics of drug hypersensitivityRebecca Pavlos
The Institute for Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Murdoch University, Western Australia
Pharmacogenomics 13:1285-306. 2012..The ultimate translation of the knowledge of how drugs interact with HLA would be applicable to preclinical drug screening programs to improve the safety and cost-effectiveness of drug design and development...
- Functionally defective or altered CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 single nucleotide polymorphisms and their detection with genotyping testsSu Jun Lee
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Environmental Health Science Center, NC 27709, USA
Pharmacogenomics 6:357-71. 2005....
- Pharmacogenetics: past, present and futureMunir Pirmohamed
The Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, University of Liverpool, 1 5 Brownlow Street, Liverpool L693GL, UK
Drug Discov Today 16:852-61. 2011The subject area of pharmacogenetics, also known as pharmacogenomics, has a long history...
- Pharmacogenomics of antihypertensive drugs: rationale and design of the Pharmacogenomic Evaluation of Antihypertensive Responses (PEAR) studyJulie A Johnson
University of Florida College of Pharmacy and Center for Pharmacogenomics, Gainesville, USA
Am Heart J 157:442-9. 2009..Selection of antihypertensive therapy is often empiric, and use of genetic information to guide drug therapy selection holds future promise...
- Phase III trial of irinotecan/cisplatin compared with etoposide/cisplatin in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer: clinical and pharmacogenomic results from SWOG S0124Primo N Lara
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2530-5. 2009..To confirm those results and discern the potential role of population-related pharmacogenomics (PG) in outcomes, we conducted a large randomized trial of identical design to the Japanese trial in North American patients with E-SCLC...
- An integrative method for scoring candidate genes from association studies: application to warfarin dosingNicholas P Tatonetti
Biomedical Informatics Training Program, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S9. 2010..We then define a summary score for each gene based on allele frequencies and train linear and logistic regression classifiers to predict drug response phenotypes...
- The 5-HT2C receptor and antipsychoticinduced weight gain - mechanisms and geneticsGavin P Reynolds
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:15-8. 2006..These findings demonstrate the value of pharmacogenetics in determining liability to a major side effect of antipsychotic treatment, and indicate both the molecular ..
- Optimization of warfarin dose by population-specific pharmacogenomic algorithmA Pavani
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India
Pharmacogenomics J 12:306-11. 2012..New algorithm was validated by correlating with Wadelius, International Warfarin Pharmacogenetics Consortium and Gage algorithms; and with the therapeutic dose (r=0.64, P<0.0001)...
- Pharmacogenetics of the major polymorphic metabolizing enzymesA K Daly
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 17:27-41. 2003..The availability of comprehensive information on the occurrence and functional significance of polymorphisms affecting drug metabolism should facilitate their application to pharmacogenomic profiling...
- Polymorphisms in the drug transporter gene ABCB1 predict antidepressant treatment response in depressionManfred Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neuron 57:203-9. 2008..This finding can be viewed as a further step into personalized antidepressant treatment...
- Genotype-guided dosing of coumarin derivatives: the European pharmacogenetics of anticoagulant therapy (EU-PACT) trial designRianne M F van Schie
Utrecht University, Faculty of Science, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenomics 10:1687-95. 2009..The European Pharmacogenetics of Anticoagulant Therapy (EU-PACT) trial will assess, in a single-blinded and randomized controlled trial ..
- Effective connectivity of AKT1-mediated dopaminergic working memory networks and pharmacogenetics of anti-dopaminergic treatmentHao Yang Tan
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes Cognition and Psychosis Program, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain 135:1436-45. 2012..Thus, we suggest that genetic modulation of DRD2-AKT1-related prefrontal-subcortical circuits could at least in part influence cognitive dysfunction in psychosis and its treatment...
- A novel, single algorithm approach to predict acenocoumarol dose based on CYP2C9 and VKORC1 allele variantsZoraida Verde
Universidad Europea de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e11210. 2010The identification of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genes has strongly stimulated the research on pharmacogenetics of coumarins in the last decade. We assessed the combined influence of CYP2C9 *2 and *3, and VKORC1 c...
- The pharmacogenetics of analgesiaUlrike M Stamer
Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:2235-45. 2007..ongoing research in order to identify associations between an individual's genetic profile and drug response (pharmacogenetics)...
- Enteric microbiome metabolites correlate with response to simvastatin treatmentRima Kaddurah-Daouk
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25482. 2011..Measurements were performed in two subsets of the total study population in the Cholesterol and Pharmacogenetics (CAP) study: Full Range of Response (FR), and Good and Poor Responders (GPR) were 100 individuals randomly ..
- Pharmacogenetics and antipsychotics: therapeutic efficacy and side effects predictionJian Ping Zhang
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Feinstein Institute of Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Division of Psychiatry Research, Department of Psychiatry, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 7:9-37. 2011..b>Pharmacogenetics provides a valuable tool to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine by tailoring treatment based on one'..
- Pharmacogenetics and postoperative pain: a new approach to improve acute pain managementM Allegri
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 76:937-44. 2010..Clinical trials including genetic analysis could be extremely useful in optimizing the management of postoperative pain therapy...
- Practical recommendations for pharmacogenomics-based prescription: 2010 ESF-UB Conference on Pharmacogenetics and PharmacogenomicsLaurent Becquemont
Univ Paris Sud, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, Pharmacology Department, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Pharmacogenomics 12:113-24. 2011..of the 3rd European Science Foundation-University of Barcelona (ESF-UB) Conference in Biomedicine on Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics, which was held in June 2010 in Spain...
- NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1, DT-diaphorase), functions and pharmacogeneticsDavid Ross
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Denver 80262, USA
Methods Enzymol 382:115-44. 2004
- Update on the pharmacogenomics of proton pump inhibitorsKrisztina Hagymasi
Semmelweis University, II Department of Internal Medicine, 1088 Budapest, Szentkiralyi u 46, Hungary
Pharmacogenomics 12:873-88. 2011....
- Pharmacogenetics of smoking cessation therapyGustavo L Kortmann
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:17-28. 2010..However, the current scientific evidence still does not support the use of pharmacogenetic tests in routine smoking cessation therapy...
- Personalized cancer therapy with selective kinase inhibitors: an emerging paradigm in medical oncologyUltan McDermott
Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5650-9. 2009..In this review, we summarize recent developments in this area, and we highlight some of the logistical challenges posed by this emerging paradigm in medical oncology...
- Potential role of UGT pharmacogenetics in cancer treatment and prevention: focus on tamoxifenPhilip Lazarus
Cancer Control and Population Sciences Program, Penn State Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1155:99-111. 2009....
- Dosing clopidogrel based on CYP2C19 genotype and the effect on platelet reactivity in patients with stable cardiovascular diseaseJessica L Mega
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 306:2221-8. 2011..Variants in the CYP2C19 gene influence the pharmacologic and clinical response to the standard 75-mg daily maintenance dose of the antiplatelet drug clopidogrel...
- Cancer pharmacogenomics: DNA genotyping and gene expression profiling to identify molecular determinants of chemosensitivityJ Todd Auman
UNC Institute for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7360, USA
Drug Metab Rev 40:303-15. 2008..This review focuses on pharmacogenomics studies conducted to gain insight into the molecular determinants of chemosensitivity to cancer chemotherapeutics...
- Pharmacogenetics-based population pharmacokinetic analysis of efavirenz in HIV-1-infected individualsM Arab-Alameddine
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:485-94. 2009..CYP2A6 and CYP3A4 had a prominent influence on CL, mostly when CYP2B6 was impaired. Pharmacogenetics fully accounted for ethnicity, leaving body weight as the only significant demographic factor influencing CL...
- Genotypes of vitamin K epoxide reductase, gamma-glutamyl carboxylase, and cytochrome P450 2C9 as determinants of daily warfarin dose in Japanese patientsRina Kimura
Research Institute, Japan
Thromb Res 120:181-6. 2007..6% for GGCX 8016G>A. In addition to polymorphisms in VKORC1 and CYP2C9, we identified GGCX 8016G>A, resulting in the missense mutation R325Q, as a genetic determinant of warfarin maintenance dose in Japanese patients...
- Pharmacogenetics of membrane transporters: an update on current approachesTristan M Sissung
Clinical Pharmacology Program, Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Biotechnol 44:152-67. 2010This review provides an overview of the pharmacogenetics of membrane transporters including selected ABC transporters (ABCB1, ABCC1, ABCC2, and ABCG2) and OATPs (OATP1B1 and OATP1B3)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor pharmacogenetics: a new perspective for anti-angiogenic therapyGiuseppe Pasqualetti
University of Pisa, Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, Via Roma, 55, I 56126 Pisa, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 8:49-66. 2007....
- Pharmacogenetics of obesity and endocannabinergic modulation (POEM)Russell A Wilke; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the future, individual patients with variation in these genes may benefit from targeted behavioral and/or pharmacological interventions designed to improve their health. ..
- The Relationship Between STK39, Salt Sensitivity, and HCTZ-induced BP ResponseYEN PEI CHRISTY CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..hypertension susceptibility gene, STK39, plays a central role in renal sodium transport, we propose a pharmacogenetics study to examine the relationships between STK39 genotypes and responses to salt loading and to thiazide ..
- Developing a prediction model for vincristine-induced peripheral neuropathyJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2010..the data collected in the first aim to develop a pharmacologic model to characterize the associations between pharmacogenetics, pharmacokinetics, carefully characterized vincristine neuropathy and other clinical variables...
- CYP19A1 gene and Pharmacogenetics of ResponseREINA C VILLAREAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- The effects of dexamethasone on tumor and microglial cells in gliomaTERREIA SUTTON JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinical pharmacy practice at the VA Medical Center (Memphis, TN) and her fellowship training focused in the pharmacogenetics of anti-leukemia therapy at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN). Dr...
- Obesity and Asthma: Genetics and Nutrigenetic Response to Omega-3 Fatty AcidsJason E Lang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lang to develop expertise in the fields of pediatric asthma clinical trials and pharmacogenetics. The candidate became interested in the link between obesity and asthma during his work with Dr...
- Novel Mechanisms of Quinone ToxicityDavid Ross; Fiscal Year: 2013..The pharmacogenetics of quinone reductases has been characterized and they are highly polymorphic and may represent susceptibility ..
- Pharmacogenetics of ACE inhibitor-associated angioedemaNANCY JOAN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In collaboration with RIKEN and the Pharmacogenetics Research Network, we will use state-of-the art genetic methods in our carefully phenotyped subjects to ..
- Functions of MRP2 and MRP3 in Drug DispositionJames M Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2011..simultaneously administered drugs affect the pharmacokinetics (PK) of anticancer agents, inform the field of pharmacogenetics by identifying the genes for which polymorphisms are likely to impact treatment and help to explain side ..
- Role of thermoregulatory leptin action via the DMH in body weight controlKAVON PAUL REZAI-ZADEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..state-of-the-art tools that have hitherto not been used in the thermoregulation research field, including pharmacogenetics and optogenetics...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMonica M Bertagnolli; Fiscal Year: 2013..predictors of prognosis and response to therapy;studies of the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenetics of new and established anticancer drugs;evaluation of minimally invasive surgical techniques and novel ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Human P450 OxidoreductaseWalter L Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus the analysis of the potential role of POR sequence variants in the pharmacogenetics of drug metabolism is both important and complicated...
- LONG-TERM OXYGEN TREATMENT TRIAL (LOTT) PHARMACOGENOMICS ANCILLARY STUDYCraig P Hersh; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the impact of pharmacogenetics on the response to oxygen therapy in COPD is unknown...
- Variants in nicotine receptors and pharmacogeneticsXiangning Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge obtained from this study can be used to guide future genetic studies of smoking and nicotine addiction and to help development of strategies for smoking cessation and prevention treatments. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Ara-C Metabolic PathwayJatinder K Lamba; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed research seeks to explain this variability by studying the inherited genetic variation in key genes involved in ara-C metabolism and may, in future, help to optimize ara-C dosing based on patient genetics. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP B CCOP RESEARCH BASEElectra D Paskett; Fiscal Year: 2013..predictors of prognosis and response to therapy;studies of the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenetics of new and established anticancer drugs;evaluation of minimally invasive surgical techniques and novel ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Gastric Function &Weight in ObesityMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Apart from the specific information about the pharmacogenetics of sibutramine, this research will identify genetic susceptibility to abnormal stomach function that, in the ..
- Mechanistic characterization of genes for hypertension and renal disease.Howard J Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2010..Level two will study therapeutic pharmacogenetics, pressure-natriuretic-diuretic relationships and renal hemodynamics, and vascular mechanisms...
- Comprehensive studies of novel SNPs affecting warfarin dose in African AmericansMinoli Perera; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposed research is both timely and necessary to fill gaps in the current knowledge and to affect real translation of pharmacogenetics into clinical practice.
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF HUMAN CARBONYL REDUCTASESJAVIER GUILLERMO BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The body of knowledge gathered from the proposed research will contribute to the development of anticancer therapy that can be individualized by identifying the genetic determinants of variable CBR activity. ..
- Quantifying Drug Adherence and Drug Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapyJOSE RAMON CASTILLO-MANCILLA; Fiscal Year: 2013..mononuclear cells (PBMC), RBC and DBS;2) to determine the relationships between age, gender, race, weight and pharmacogenetics (PG) on the metabolism of TFV and TFV-DP, and;3) to characterize the association of TFV-DP levels in DBS with ..
- Role of pharmacogenetics on exemestane metabolism and toxicityPhilip Lazarus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these studies will allow us to fully characterize functionally-relevan polymorphisms in the EXE-metabolizing enzyme pathway that are potentially important in EXE clinical efficacy. ..
- 2012 New Insights into CoagulationEleanor Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2012..these topics, we will hear about heparin- induced thrombocytopenia from Adam Cuker, MD, MS, and warfarin pharmacogenetics from Jorge Sepulveda, MD/PhD...
- Wood Smoke and Genetic Susceptibility to Asthma in An Honduran PopulationJoshua Mark Galanter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Galanter is establishing himself as a young investigator in the fields of genetic epidemiology and pharmacogenetics of asthma in diverse populations. The proposed K23 award would provide Dr...
- A Comparison of Buprenorphine Versus Morphine in the Treatment of the Neonatal AbWalter K Kraft; Fiscal Year: 2013..We plan to also build a pharmacometric model of oral morphine in NAS. Our third major aim is to use pharmacogenetics to elucidate sources of variability in the need for pharmacologic treatment in NAS, and the differential ..
- Pharmacogenetics of the Antidepressant Response in Geriatric Major DepressionGreer M Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..The biological basis for differences among patients in antidepressant response is poorly understood. Pharmacogenetics seeks DNA markers that can predict medication treatment outcomes...
- International Partnership for Interdisciplinary Research TrainingOLUFUNMILAYO F OLOPADE; Fiscal Year: 2013..discipline such as bioethics, biostatistics, behavioral science, cancer biology, clinical pharmacology and pharmacogenetics, economics, demography, epidemiology, health policy, human genetics, immunology, molecular pathology, and the ..
- Genetics of ParkonsonismJeffery Marvin Vance; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 3 "Vitamin D concentration, genetic modifiers, and PD" is a study of the pharmacogenetics of Vitamin D (ViD). Studies have suggested that low ViD is a risk factor for PD...
- INHERITED VARIATIONS IN DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMESRichard M Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Pharmacogenetics is the study of the role of inheritance in variation in drug response phenotypes...
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMCharles M Stein; Fiscal Year: 2013..research themes are well-established in the Division;areas of research focus include 1) Drug metabolism/Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics;2) Eicosanoid and lipid mediator pharmacology;3) Vascular biology and control of the ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study uses an efficient approach to address research questions regarding the pharmacogenetics of commonly used therapies and risk of CBC among women younger than 55 years, which has not previously been ..
- IRIS: Incorporating Research Into SightCatherine Anne McCarty; Fiscal Year: 2013..throughout the eMERGE network to undertake genetic discoveries for ophthalmic conditions and ophthalmic pharmacogenetics. Statistical analyses will include traditional GWAS using the SNP data, analysis of copy number variant (CNV) ..
- Human Pharmacogenetics and Human Liver RegenerationGARY A PELTZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- ALCOHOL PHARMACOGENETICS IN MEXICAN AMERICANSYU JUI WAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..abuse among Mexican Americans, but also contribute towards a knowledge base regarding ethnic differences in alcohol pharmacogenetics and mechanisms that might be responsible for the high rate of alcoholism in this minority population.
- Mechanism and Function of Beta-2 Adrenergic Receptor Degradation in the LungQuan Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This highly integrative project combines molecular and cellular biology, animal model, and pharmacogenetics and will establish a critical role for ?-arrestin3 in regulating ?2AR functions in the lung...
- Antipsychotic and Folate PharmacogeneticsVicki L Ellingrod; Fiscal Year: 2013..Folate pharmacogenetics, allows us to mechanistically study AAP metabolic complications and develop personalized medicine within ..
- HMG-CoA reductase alternative splicing and LDL response to statinRonald M Krauss; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently shown using lymphocyte cell lines derived from subjects in the Cholesterol and Pharmacogenetics (CAP) study, that increased magnitude of simvastatin-induced expression of a spliced HMGCR transcript lacking ..
- UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and gender-differences in lung cancer riskCarla J Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2012..Carla Gallagher, together with her primary mentor, Dr. Philip Lazarus, an expert in UGT pharmacogenetics, will complete the picture of the involvement of LJGT1A genes in carcinogen metabolism by evaluating UGT1A5, ..
- Glutathione S-Transferases in Drug and Stress ResponseKenneth D Tew; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 will address how human pharmacogenetics might influence the multiple functional properties of GSTP, particularly with respect to protein:protein ..
- Deconstructing the Smoking and ADHD Comorbidity: A Multilevel Genetic ApproachL Cinnamon Bidwell; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) phenomenology of adolescent smoking, 4) advanced behavioral genetic analytic approaches, and 5) pharmacogenetics of ND...
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF PHASE II DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMESRichard M Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 2013..represents a request for continued funding of the Mayo Clinic Pharmacogenomics Research Network (PGRN) grant "Pharmacogenetics of Phase II Drug Metabolizing Enzymes"...
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsMark J Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2013..including approaches to amelioration of such toxicity;to define the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenetics of new antineoplastic agents;to develop new combinations that enhance the therapeutic index and/or oral ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Warfarin in Puerto Rican Patients using a Physiogenomics ApprJorge Duconge; Fiscal Year: 2013..samples from a population of warfarin-treated Puerto Rican patients using the PG array in order to study the pharmacogenetics of warfarin in Puerto Ricans and 2) Determine whether combinatorial CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotypes are ..
- Pharmacogenetics of the human prostacyclin receptor.John Hwa; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Neuro-Genetic Markers of SSRI Treatment Response in Social Anxiety DisorderK Luan Phan; Fiscal Year: 2010..treatment response in SAD through the application of brain functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and pharmacogenetics. To accomplish this goal, the candidate will build on his strong background in brain imaging of emotions and ..
- Perioperative pharmacogenetics: Nitrous oxide and anesthetic outcomesPeter Nagele; Fiscal Year: 2013..there is currently a significant paucity of Studies investigating the potential benefits of perioperative pharmacogenetics. This K23 proposal is for a career development program in perioperative pharmacogenetics...
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS TO REDUCE COPD EXACERBATIONSCraig P Hersh; Fiscal Year: 2013..The integrative genomics approach we propose can limit the pharmacogenetics testing to a biologically-relevant gene set, reducing multiple testing concerns and improving our ability to ..
- The Role of P-glycoprotein in Sitagliptin Clinical PharmacologyChristina L Aquilante; Fiscal Year: 2010..pharmacology knowledge, the purpose of the study proposed within this application is to elucidate the pharmacogenetics, pharmacokinetics, and drug-drug interactions of sitagliptin therapy...
- The Pharmacogenomic Control of Clopidogrel Response in Acute Coronary SyndromesSTUART ALEXANDER SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..His previous pharmacogenetics research centered on the anticoagulant warfarin and the antiplatelet clopidogrel, and he has co-authored ..
- Novel Micro-X-ray Translucent Flow Cell Technology for Proteomics, a Broadly ApplEVA BIRNBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is a desperate public health need for proteomics, quantitative chemistry, pharmacogenetics, and others to contribute to reducing the incidence of adverse treatment reactions, discovering diseases ..
- Pharmacogenomic Analysis of Nicotine DependenceJILL R ORTINSKI TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..a genetic contribution in nicotine addiction, there are no published studies addressing th mechanism of pharmacogenetics in treating nicotine dependence...
- The implementation of a pharmacogenomics-based algorithm for warfarin dosingMinoli Perera; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the explosion of pharmacogenetic research, the opportunity to advance the use of pharmacogenetics into clinical care has become apparent...
- Pharmacogenetic Determinants of Vincristine Toxicity and ResponseJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2013..175 children enrolled on multicenter trial above and 140 children enrolled to a nearly completed trial of pharmacogenetics of vincristine neurotoxicity) will be used as a validation cohort...
- SYSTEMS GENETICS AND GENOMICS OF LUNG DISEASESScott T Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..K12 program provides research training in six major areas: (1) Systems Genetics (GWAS, Fine Mapping, and Pharmacogenetics);(2) Functional Genetics;(3) Emerging -Omics (Proteomics/Metabolomics/Microbiomics);(4) Transcriptomics, ..
- Genome-wide interrogation of genetic signatures for glucocorticoid sensitivityRong Stephanie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..goal is to combine her patient care knowledge from Pharmacy school and research knowledge through her work in Pharmacogenetics to eventually improve the quality of life for patients. Dr...
- Pharmacogenetics of Cyclophosphamide ADRs inJeannine S McCune; Fiscal Year: 2012..conventional dose cyclophosphamide (CY) by personalizing cancer treatment and/or CY doses, either by pharmacogenetics (Aim 1) or by pharmacokinetics (Aim 2)...
- MTRNR1 Aminoglycoside Ototoxicity Outcomes and Parental Perceptions of TestingTracy L McGregor; Fiscal Year: 2013..Investigation, an advanced degree in patient-oriented research, and plans to pursue a career in pediatric pharmacogenetics. Her short-term goal is to develop MTRNR1 associated aminoglycoside ototoxicity as a multifaceted model of ..
- Novel Therapies for Alcoholic HepatitisGyongyi Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2013..o the translational/basic science components of this UO1 consortium to identify novel biomarkers and altered pharmacogenetics that predict disease severity and response to pharmacologic therapy as well as to identify unique drug ..
- PREDOCTORAL TRAINING IN THE PHARMACOLOGICAL SCIENCESStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two 5-week, 1 semester hour (sh) modules Principles in Pharmacology (71:135) and Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics (71:136) serve as a concise and highly effective introductory course sequence for all ..
- Pharmacogenomics of a Cytidine Analogue, GemcitabineLiewei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..the Mayo Clinic and a series of NIH-Mayo initiatives, including the NIH Comprehensive Cancer Center, the NIH Pharmacogenetics Research Network (PGRN) grant and the NIH Pancreatic Cancer SPORE...
- Imaging varenicline effects on nicotine & dopamine: Gene modulationGary S Wand; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings will impact our understanding of genetic differences in these measures as well as elucidate the pharmacogenetics of treatment with varenicline...
- INTEGRATIVE PHARMACOGENOMICS OF LEUKOTRIENE INHIBITION IN ASTHMAKelan G Tantisira; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Pharmacogenetics provides the promise of "personalized medicine", whereby an individual's response to therapy will be ..
- Pharmacogenetics and Cardiovascular EventsBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary defense is replication: we would therefore welcome collaboration from others in the Pharmacogenetics Network in validation efforts.
- Pharmacogenetics of Methotrexate Therapy in ArthritisALEXANDER WHITEHEAD; Fiscal Year: 2006..It has the potential to facilitate individualized treatment protocols that are less empirical and therefore more effective, and to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular co-morbidity. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of sulfamethoxazole in HIV/AIDS patientsDanxin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pharmacogenetics of the Statin ResponseERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results can be used to formulate guidelines for identifying elderly subjects for statin treatment to prevent future CHD. ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS AND RESPONSE TO THERAPY IN OLDER ADULTSSUSAN HECKBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..This project will incorporate advances in molecular biology in the study of response to drug therapy for common conditions, with the goal of improving clinical care of the elderly. ..
- Pharmacogenetics: Breast Cancer Treatment and PrognosisChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Pharmacogenetics, inherited differences in metabolism of chemotherapeutic agents and variability in capabilities to protect ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Alcohol: Treatment ImplicationsJonathan Covault; Fiscal Year: 2009....