Summary: The science concerned with the benefit and risk of drugs used in populations and the analysis of the outcomes of drug therapies. Pharmacoepidemiologic data come from both clinical trials and epidemiological studies with emphasis on methods for the detection and evaluation of drug-related adverse effects, assessment of risk vs benefit ratios in drug therapy, patterns of drug utilization, the cost-effectiveness of specific drugs, methodology of postmarketing surveillance, and the relation between pharmacoepidemiology and the formulation and interpretation of regulatory guidelines. (Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 1992;1(1); J Pharmacoepidemiol 1990;1(1))
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Ayurvedic pharmacoepidemiology: a proposed new disciplineRama A Vaidya
J Assoc Physicians India 51:528. 2003
- [Pharmacoepidemiology]Jesper Hallas
Syddansk Universitet, Odense, Klinisk farmakologi, IST
Ugeskr Laeger 167:2186-90. 2005
- A quantitative approach to benefit-risk assessment of medicines - part 1: the development of a new model using multi-criteria decision analysisFilip Mussen
Regulatory Affairs Europe, Merck Sharp and Dohme Europe Inc, 5 Lynx Binnenhof, Brussels, B 1200, Belgium
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:S2-S15. 2007..The aim of the study was therefore to develop a new model for benefit-risk assessment of medicines using multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA)...
- Indications for propensity scores and review of their use in pharmacoepidemiologyRobert J Glynn
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:253-9. 2006..Use of propensity scores will not correct biases from unmeasured confounders, but can aid in understanding determinants of drug use and lead to improved estimates of drug effects in some settings...
- When should case-only designs be used for safety monitoring of medical products?Malcolm Maclure
Department Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:50-61. 2012..To assess case-only designs for surveillance with administrative databases...
- Validity of diagnostic and drug data in standardized nursing home resident assessments: potential for geriatric pharmacoepidemiology. SAGE Study Group. Systematic Assessment of Geriatric drug use via EpidemiologyG Gambassi
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Geriatria, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Med Care 36:167-79. 1998..The authors sought to ascertain reliability and validity of diagnostic and drug data in a database obtained by merging the Minimum Data Set with detailed information on drugs consumed by each resident...
- The methodology of self-controlled case series studiesHeather J Whitaker
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The Open University, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
Stat Methods Med Res 18:7-26. 2009The self-controlled case series method is increasingly being used in pharmacoepidemiology, particularly in vaccine safety studies...
- The implications of propensity score variable selection strategies in pharmacoepidemiology: an empirical illustrationAmanda R Patrick
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:551-9. 2011....
- Future cases as present controls to adjust for exposure trend bias in case-only studiesShirley Wang
Department of Community Health Epidemiology, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Epidemiology 22:568-74. 2011..A bidirectional case-crossover design can be used to adjust for exposure-time trends. In pharmacoepidemiology, however, illness often influences future use of medications, making a bidirectional design problematic...
- Pharmacoepidemiology in the postmarketing assessment of the safety and efficacy of drugs in older adultsSarah N Hilmer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:181-8. 2012..Recent improvements in methodology in both pharmacoepidemiology and geriatric medicine have improved the validity and reduced the bias of these studies...
- Multi-country rapid adverse drug event assessment: the Asian Pharmacoepidemiology Network (AsPEN) antipsychotic and acute hyperglycaemia studyNicole Pratt
Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 22:915-24. 2013..To undertake a multi-country study to investigate the risk of acute hyperglycaemia with antipsychotic use...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of testosterone prescribing in Australia, 1992-2010David J Handelsman
ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 196:642-5. 2012..To describe patterns of testosterone prescribing in Australia over the past two decades by state or territory and by product type...
- Association between ACE inhibitors use and headache caused by nitrates among hypertensive patients: results from the Italian group of pharmacoepidemiology in the elderly (GIFA)G Onder
Centro Medicina dell Invecchiamento, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Cephalalgia 23:901-6. 2003..44; 95% CI 0.20-0.95). In conclusion, this study suggests that among hypertensive subjects use of ACE inhibitors is associated with a reduced risk of headache caused by nitrates...
- Validation studies of the health improvement network (THIN) database for pharmacoepidemiology researchJames D Lewis
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:393-401. 2007..We sought to replicate in THIN well-established associations from the medical literature and to compare results from the GPRD practices to the non-GPRD practices within THIN...
- Wheezing and asthma may be enhanced by broad spectrum antibiotics used in early childhood. Concept and results of a pharmacoepidemiology studyW Jedrychowski
Chair of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:189-95. 2011..91, 95%CI: 1.12-3.27). The use of other classes of antibiotics was found not to be associated with the medical diagnosis of asthma or wheezing episodes recorded in the study period...
- Use of health care databases in pharmacoepidemiologySean Hennessy
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104 6021, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:311-3. 2006b>Pharmacoepidemiology is the study of the use and effects of medications in populations. Large health care databases are often used to address research questions within pharmacoepidemiology...
- The pharmacoepidemiology of COPD: recent advances and methodological discussionP Burney
Dept of Public Health Services, London, UK
Eur Respir J Suppl 43:1s-44s. 2003
- A systematic review on the application of pharmacoepidemiology in assessing prescription drug-related adverse events in pediatricsXuemei Luo
Center for Patient Safety and Clinical Quality, Duke University Health System, Durham, NC, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1015-24. 2007..ADEs) among pediatric patients aged between 0 and 18 years; to establish strengths and limitations of pharmacoepidemiology when applied in evaluating pediatric drug safety; and to identify areas of pediatric drug safety that may ..
- Pharmacoepidemiology II: the nested case-control study--a novel approach in pharmacoepidemiologic researchMahyar Etminan
Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacotherapy 24:1105-9. 2004This article on pharmacoepidemiology, the second of two parts, is a more focused discussion of the methodology of cohort studies and case-control studies, the basic methodologies of which were discussed in part I...
- Using pharmacoepidemiology to inform drug coverage policy: initial lessons from a two-province collaborativeJ Michael Paterson
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1436-43. 2006..Here we describe our initial experience in collaborating with researchers and drug plan managers in British Columbia and Ontario...
- The pharmacoepidemiology of antipsychotics for adults with schizophrenia in Canada, 2005 to 2009Tamara Pringsheim
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta
Can J Psychiatry 56:630-4. 2011..To describe the frequency and trends in the use of antipsychotics for adults with schizophrenia in Canada from 2005 to 2009...
- Study designs in paediatric pharmacoepidemiologyKatia Verhamme
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:67-74. 2011..In this article, we provide currently available information on study designs within the field of paediatric drug research...
- Utilization of health care databases for pharmacoepidemiologyYasuo Takahashi
Division of Genomic Epidemiology and Clinical Trials, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi Kamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:123-9. 2012b>Pharmacoepidemiology is the study of the utilization and effects of drugs in clinical and population settings, and the outcomes of drug therapy...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of psychotropic drugs: examples of current research challenges on major public health issuesHelene Verdoux
INSERM U657, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 18:107-13. 2009..As a large number of persons are exposed to prescribed psychotropic drugs, their utilisation and impact should be further explored at the population level...
- Methods in pharmacoepidemiology: a review of statistical analyses and data reporting in pediatric drug utilization studiesMarco Sequi
Laboratory for Mother and Child Health, Department of Public Health, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Via G La Masa 19, 20156 Milan, Italy
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:599-604. 2013..To evaluate the quality of data reporting and statistical methods performed in drug utilization studies in the pediatric population...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of potential alcohol-prescription drug interactions among primary care patients with alcohol-use disordersRichard L Brown
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:135-9. 2007..To report on the proportion of individuals with alcohol-use disorders who take prescription medications that could interact with alcohol and on the proportion who recall advice to avoid alcohol with their medications...
- Interpretation of associations in pharmacoepidemiologyDavid W Kaufman
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Semin Hematol 45:181-8. 2008b>Pharmacoepidemiology is an important tool for understanding and documenting the relationships between the use of drugs and adverse events...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug use in Nottingham general practicesD J Cullen
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:177-85. 2000To investigate the pharmacoepidemiology of NSAID usage in Nottingham general practices.
- 'Why me?' versus 'why now?'--differences between operational hypotheses in case-control versus case-crossover studiesMalcolm Maclure
School of Health Information Science, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:850-3. 2007
- The case-crossover study design in pharmacoepidemiologyJoseph A Chris Delaney
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States
Stat Methods Med Res 18:53-65. 2009..This design is, however, highly sensitive to assumptions about intermittency of drug use and the length of the exposure time window, as demonstrated with the example of bleeding associated with warfarin use...
- Usefulness of a large automated health records database in pharmacoepidemiologyHirokuni Hashikata
Department of Health and Environmental Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Environ Health Prev Med 16:313-9. 2011....
- Fate of abstracts presented at five International Conferences on Pharmacoepidemiology (ICPE): 1995-1999P Stolk
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 11:105-11. 2002..Meetings are an important way of exchanging scientific information, but full diffusion of new information can only be achieved when results are published in scientific journals...
- A pharmacoepidemiologic study of drug interactions in a Brazilian teaching hospitalJoice Mara Cruciol-Souza
Hospital Universitario, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, PR, Brasil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 61:515-20. 2006..There are few studies on drug-drug interactions from Brazil. This study aimed to assess the frequency of drug-drug interactions in prescriptions and their potential clinical significance in patients of a Brazilian teaching hospital...
- Influence of drugs and comorbidity on serum potassium in 15 000 consecutive hospital admissionsSamuel Henz
Department of Internal Medicine, Kantonsspital, CH 9007 St Gallen, Switzerland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3939-45. 2008..Nevertheless, after approval, these drugs will be prescribed to a much broader collective. Our goal was to quantify the impact of drugs and comorbidity on serum potassium in unselected patients admitted to the hospital...
- Causal association in pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology: thoughts on the application of the Austin Bradford-Hill criteriaSaad A W Shakir
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Southampton, United Kingdom
Drug Saf 25:467-71. 2002..to environmental factors have been used widely in epidemiology, are applicable to pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology. The Austin Bradford-Hill criteria include strength, consistency, specificity, temporality, biological ..
- Using secondary data sources for pharmacoepidemiology and outcomes researchSpencer E Harpe
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:138-53. 2009..of electronic medical records and administrative health care databases is adding to the popularity of pharmacoepidemiology and outcomes research studies...
- Pharmacoeconomics and pharmacoepidemiology: curious bedfellows or a match made in heaven?Andrew H Briggs
Public Health and Health Policy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
Pharmacoeconomics 24:1079-86. 2006b>Pharmacoepidemiology is an established subdiscipline of epidemiology concerned with estimating the efficacy, effectiveness and safety of pharmaceutical products...
- The Rotterdam Study: objectives and design updateAlbert Hofman
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Epidemiol 22:819-29. 2007..epib.nl/rotterdamstudy). This article gives the reasons for the study and its design. It also presents a summary of the major findings and an update of the objectives and methods...
- In defense of pharmacoepidemiology--embracing the yin and yang of drug researchJerry Avorn
Harvard Medical School and Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2219-21. 2007
- Pharmacoepidemiology of QT-interval prolonging drug administration in critically ill patientsBradley D Freeman
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:971-81. 2008..Commonly prescribed medications produce QT-prolongation and are associated with torsades de pointes in non-acutely ill patients. We examined patterns of QT-prolonging drug use in critically ill individuals...
- Utility of routinely acquired primary care data for paediatric disease epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiologyPeter J Helms
Department of Child Health, School of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:684-90. 2005..This is in contrast to prescribing in secondary care where the population of children admitted is small but where a large number of different medicines are prescribed to treat more serious and less common conditions...
- Pharmacoepidemiology: recent findings and challenges for child and adolescent psychopharmacologyJulie Magno Zito
University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:966-7. 2007
- Cardiovascular and respiratory hospitalizations and mortality among users of tiotropium in DenmarkCynthia de Luise
Epidemiology, Pfizer Inc, 235 E 42nd Street, 150 3 80, New York, NY 10017, USA
Eur J Epidemiol 22:267-72. 2007..An increase in COPD hospitalization is inconsistent with clinical trial data and suggests preferential prescribing due to disease severity...
- Pharmacoepidemiology and pediatric psychopharmacology researchBenedetto Vitiello
National Institute of Mental Health, Room 7147, 6001 Executive Boulevard, MSC 9633, Bethesda, MD 20892 9633, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:10-1. 2005
- Headache treatment before and after the consultation of a specialized centre: a pharmacoepidemiology studyA Ferrari
Headache Centre, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Cephalalgia 24:356-62. 2004Our aim was to study and compare pharmacoepidemiology of headache treatment in two different settings: inside and outside a specialized Centre...
- A pharmacoepidemiology study of the interaction between atorvastatin and clopidogrel after percutaneous coronary interventionJames M Brophy
Division of Cardiology, Royal Victoria Hospital McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 152:263-9. 2006....
- The Cuban experience in focusing pharmaceuticals policy to health population needs: initial results of the National Pharmacoepidemiology Network (1996-2001)Eduard Diogene
Fundacio Institut Catala de Farmacologia, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:405-7. 2003In 1996, a National Pharmacoepidemiology Network was set up in Cuba in order to disseminate problem-oriented information and develop continuing education activities on drug therapy, to perform research on drug utilisation and to promote ..
- Antiemetic medications in children with presumed infectious gastroenteritis--pharmacoepidemiology in Europe and Northern AmericaNicole Pfeil
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Pediatr 153:659-62, 662.e1-3. 2008..To investigate the prescription pattern of antiemetic medications in 0- to 9-year-old children with infectious gastroenteritis in several industrialized countries during 2005...
- Pharmacoepidemiology I: a review of pharmacoepidemiologic study designsMahyar Etminan
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, and McGill Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacotherapy 24:964-9. 2004This article is the first of two parts on pharmacoepidemiology, a relatively new science that explores drug efficacy or toxicity using large observational study designs...
- Cancer pharmacogenomics and pharmacoepidemiology: setting a research agenda to accelerate translationAndrew N Freedman
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7393, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1698-705. 2010..Researchers in the fields of cancer pharmacogenomics and pharmacoepidemiology seek to understand why individuals respond differently to drug therapy, in terms of both adverse effects ..
- Antidepressant pharmacoepidemiology in a general population sampleScott B Patten
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:285-7. 2005
- Pharmacoepidemiology of triptans in a headache centreAnna Ferrari
Headache and Drug Abuse Inter Dep Research Centre, Division of Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Cephalalgia 30:847-54. 2010The aims of this survey were: (i) to examine the pharmacoepidemiology of triptans in a headache centre; (ii) to compare the characteristics of patients who continued to take triptans with those of patients who had discontinued them.
- Geographic information systems and pharmacoepidemiology: using spatial cluster detection to monitor local patterns of prescription opioid abuseJohn S Brownstein
Inflexxion Inc, Newton, MA 02464 1594, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:627-37. 2010..Understanding the spatial distribution of opioid abuse at the local level may facilitate public health interventions...
- A pharmacoepidemiological study of prescription pattern for upper respiratory infections in a tertiary health care centerYacoub M Irshaid
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 26:1649-51. 2005
- Analysing duration of episodes of pharmacological care: an example of antidepressant use in Danish general practiceAnthony Gichangi
Department of Statistics, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:167-77. 2006....
- Ginkgo biloba use in nursing home elderly with epilepsy or seizure disorderSusan L Harms
Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, 420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 729, Minneapolis, MN 55455, U S A
Epilepsia 47:323-9. 2006....
- Measuring prescribing improvements in pragmatic trials of educational tools for general practitionersMalcolm Maclure
School of Health Information Science, Faculty of Human and Social Development, University of Victoria, British Columbia BC, Canada
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:243-52. 2006..A decade of progress on methods for evaluating prescribing improvement programs with drug claims data has enabled planning of routine randomized pragmatic trials of education and policies in primary care in Canada...
- Templates for analysis of individual-level prescription dataJesper Hallas
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:260-5. 2006..Each measure may be incorporated into an integral matrix that reflects various traits in utilization of every drug or drug class, thereby possibly finding abnormalities that suggest sub-optimal prescribing...
- Seeking prescribing patterns in rural Crete: a pharmacoepidemiological study from a primary care areaNikos Antonakis
Anogia Health Centre, Anogia, Rethymno, Crete, Greece
Rural Remote Health 6:488. 2006..This article reports the findings with respect to the patients' age, sex and diagnoses, and discusses them with the broad aim of identifying areas for practice improvement...
- Patterns of specific antimigraine drug use--a study based on the records of 18 community pharmaciesJ J H M Lohman
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Maasland Hospital, Sittard, The Netherlands
Cephalalgia 25:214-8. 2005..8% vs. 20.4%, P<0.001). Our data indicate substantially suboptimal treatment of migraine patients...
- Pharmacoepidemiologic study of potential drug interactions in outpatients of a university hospital in ThailandB Janchawee
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand corrected
J Clin Pharm Ther 30:13-20. 2005..Drug-drug interaction is a potential cause of adverse drug reactions. The incidence of such drug interactions in university hospitals in Thailand is unknown...
- Utilization of oral antihyperglycemic drugs over a 7-year period (1998-2004) in a Hungarian population and adherence to drug therapyPeter Doro
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Szeged, Szikra u 8, H 6725 Szeged, Hungary
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:893-7. 2005..To describe the quantitative and qualitative changes in the utilization of oral antihyperglycemic drugs (OAHDs) between 1998 and 2004 and to analyze patients' adherence to OAHD therapy...
- The potential of UK clinical databases in enhancing paediatric medication researchIan C K Wong
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:750-5. 2005..Other databases such as the Medicines Monitoring Unit (MEMO) and the Scottish Primary Care Computer System also have research potential in paediatric pharmacoepidemiology, but their population sizes are relatively small.
- Using a pharmaco-epidemiological approach to estimate diabetes type 2 prevalence in PortugalFilipa Duarte-Ramos
Social Pharmacy Department, Lisbon Faculty of Pharmacy, Lisbon, Portugal
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:269-74. 2006..To estimate the prevalence of drug-treated diabetes type 2 in Portugal using drug consumption data and accounting for the proportion of patients treated with combinations of oral hypoglycaemic agents (OHAs)...
- Prevalence, incidence and persistence of antipsychotic drug prescribing in the Italian general population: retrospective database analysis, 1999-2002Mersia Mirandola
Servizio Farmaceutico ULSS 20, Verona, Italy
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:412-20. 2006..To investigate the prevalence, incidence and persistence with antipsychotic drug therapy in a large and geographically defined catchment area of Italian general population...
- An algorithm to derive a numerical daily dose from unstructured text dosage instructionsAnoop D Shah
General Practice Research Database Division, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, London, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:161-6. 2006..It is an important data source for pharmacoepidemiology studies, but until now it has been tedious to calculate the daily dose and duration of exposure to drugs ..
- Pharmacoepidemiology of antihypertensive drugs in primary care setting of Bahrain between 1998 and 2000K A Jassim Al Khaja
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Arabian Gulf University, Kingdom of Bahrain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:741-8. 2006....
- [Use of drugs in residents of homes for the elderly and nursing homes in comparison with patients in ambulatory care or without need of care]D Pittrow
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, BMBF Forschungsverbund Public Health Sachsen 01EG 94314, Medizinische Fakultat, Technische Universitat Dresden
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1995-2000. 2002....
- Pharmacoepidemiological study of prescription pattern of analgesics, antipyretics, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs at a tertiary health care centerMohammed A Al-Homrany
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, PO Box 641, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 28:369-74. 2007..To examine the outpatients' prescribing pattern of doctors to analgesics, antipyretics, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) at a tertiary care setting in Southwestern Saudi Arabia...
- Use of anti-asthmatic medications as a proxy for prevalence of asthma in children and adolescents in Norway: a nationwide prescription database analysisKari Furu
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology, Division of Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, PO Box 4404, Nydalen, 0403 Oslo, Norway
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:693-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of dispensed anti-asthmatic medications as a proxy of asthma among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years in Norway...
- Hepatitis B vaccination and multiple sclerosis: a data mining perspectiveManfred Hauben
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:943-5. 2007
- Using prescription claims data for drugs available over-the-counter (OTC)Marianne Ulcickas Yood
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:961-8. 2007..The purpose of this study is to quantify the effect of misclassification of OTC use in research that uses prescription claims data as the sole source of exposure information...
- Overview of adverse reactions to nefopam: an analysis of the French Pharmacovigilance databaseG Durrieu
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:555-8. 2007..Physicians should be aware of the possible occurrence of some serious ADRs when using nefopam such as convulsions and anaphylactic shocks, especially when the drug is used in special medical conditions, like post-operative periods...
- Prescribing patterns of antiepileptic drugs in Italy: a nationwide population-based study in the years 2000-2005R Savica
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry and Anesthesiology, University of Messina, Italy
Eur J Neurol 14:1317-21. 2007..An increasing use of AEDs has been recently observed over a 6-year period in Italian general practice, mostly explained by newer compounds used for conditions other than epilepsy...
- Evaluating the validity of an instrumental variable study of neuroleptics: can between-physician differences in prescribing patterns be used to estimate treatment effects?M Alan Brookhart
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 45:S116-22. 2007..We sought to explore the validity of physician-level IV in a comparative study of short-term mortality risk among elderly users of conventional versus atypical antipsychotic medications (APM)...
- Using propensity scores subclassification to estimate effects of longitudinal treatments: an example using a new diabetes medicationJodi B Segal
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Med Care 45:S149-57. 2007..When using observational data to compare the effectiveness of medications, it is essential to account parsimoniously for patients' longitudinal characteristics that lead to changes in treatments over time...
- Trends in the consumption of antidepressant drugs in Lithuania in 2002-2004Edmundas Kadusevicius
Department of Theoretical and Clinical Pharmacology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 42:1020-9. 2006..To evaluate trends in the use of antidepressant drugs in Lithuania between 2002 and 2004 and to perform cost-minimization and reference price analysis enabling more rational use of financial resources of national health system...
- Prevalence of potentially inappropriate medication use in elderly patients: comparison between general medical and geriatric wardsSabin S Egger
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Drugs Aging 23:823-37. 2006..We therefore evaluated and compared the prevalence of PIMs as well as anticholinergic drug use throughout hospital stay in elderly patients admitted to a medical or geriatric ward...
- Estimating national drug consumption using data at different points in the pharmaceutical supply chainMichael N Cook
Global Safety Surveillance, Epidemiology and Labeling, Wyeth Research, Arcola Road, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:754-7. 2006
- Reports of hyperkalemia after publication of RALES--a pharmacovigilance studyManfred Hauben
Risk Management Strategy, Pfizer Inc, New York, NY 10017, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:775-83. 2006..e. multi-item gamma Poisson shrinker [MGPS] and proportional reporting ratios [PRRs]) to spontaneous reporting system (SRS) data to determine if these DMAs could have provided an earlier indication of a possible hyperkalemia safety issue...
- Discrepancies between medication records of anticoagulation clinics and pharmacy recordsTom Schalekamp
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:823-8. 2006....
- Patterns of respiratory drug use in the Lombardy region of Italy, 1995-1997Ferdinando E Vegni
Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Eur J Epidemiol 21:537-44. 2006....
- Differential associations of beta-blockers with hemorrhagic events for chronic heart failure patients on warfarinDan R Berlowitz
The Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Bedford VA Hospital, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:799-807. 2006..We examined how different beta-blockers vary in their associated risk of a hemorrhagic event...
- The new Swedish Prescribed Drug Register--opportunities for pharmacoepidemiological research and experience from the first six monthsBjörn Wettermark
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:726-35. 2007..To describe the content and potentials of the new Swedish national register on prescribed and dispensed medicines...
- Adverse drug reactions in patients older than 70 years during the heat wave occurred in France in summer 2003: A study from the French PharmacoVigilance DatabaseF Michenot
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:735-40. 2006....
- Trends in consumption of psychiatric drugs in Serbia and Montenegro 2000-2004Nevena Divac
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical School, Belgrade, Serbia
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:835-8. 2006..To investigate the trends in psychiatric drugs utilization in Serbia and Montenegro over the 5-years period (2000-2004)...
- Studying co-medication patterns: the impact of definitionsHilde Tobi
Department of Social Pharmacy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:405-11. 2007..It is demonstrated how these different patterns can be investigated using large databases containing pharmacy data or reimbursement data...
- Establishment of a pharmacoepidemiological database in Germany: methodological potential, scientific value and practical limitationsIris Pigeot
Bremen Institute for Prevention Research and Social Medicine, Bremen, Germany
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:215-23. 2008..We discuss methodological features of the database and we assess to which degree this database reflects basic demographic characteristics and hospitalisation rates of the general population...
- Prescribing indicators. Development and validation of guideline-based prescribing indicators as an instrument to measure the variation in the prescribing behaviour of general practitionersPaul E M Muijrers
Division Healthcare, CZ Health Insurance Company, PO Box 55, Sittard, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:739-46. 2004..Differences in prescribing behaviour among general practitioners (GPs)...
- Generating signals of drug-adverse effects from prescription databases and application to the risk of arrhythmia associated with antibacterialsGiovanni Corrao
Department of Statistics, Unit of Biostatistics, University of Milan Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:31-40. 2005..We investigated on this topic by using a large prescription database with different observational designs...
- The adjunctive use of a centralised database in the monitoring of clozapine-related neutropeniaSteven J Pascoe
Horsham Research Centre, Horsham, West Sussex, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:395-8. 2003..To assess the effectiveness of centralised routine monitoring of blood counts in subjects receiving clozapine...
- [Public health research with statutory health insurance drug data]K Janhsen
Bremer Institut für Präventionsforschung und Sozialmedizin, Bremen
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 47:521-5. 2004..data will become-in addition to analyses of other data sources such as survey data-a substantial field of pharmacoepidemiology in Germany...
- [Psychopharmaceutical prescriptions to older people. A comparison between patients in aged- and nursing homes, outpatient treatment with nursing care and outpatients without nursing care]I Hach
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Medizinische Fakultat, TU Dresden, Fiedlerstr 27, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 37:214-20. 2004..With rising grade of need of care, proportionately more patients received psychoactive drugs. The results of this study show some evidence of the lacking quality in the prescriptions of psychopharmaceuticals to the elderly...
- How do we best detect toxic effects of drugs taken during pregnancy? A EuroMap paperJørn Olsen
The Danish Epidemiology Science Centre at the Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Aarhus, Vannelyst Boulevard 6, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Drug Saf 25:21-32. 2002..These considerations are based upon our results from a European Union-funded concerted action called EuroMaP (Medicine and Pregnancy)...
- Identification of adverse drug reactions in geriatric inpatients using a computerised drug databaseTobias Egger
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Drugs Aging 20:769-76. 2003..The aim of the study was to compare the rate of ADRs as predicted by a computerised pharmacological database to the actual rate determined by direct observation in a sample of geriatric patients...
- A potential signal of Bell's palsy after parenteral inactivated influenza vaccines: reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)--United States, 1991-2001Weigong Zhou
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:505-10. 2004..We reviewed reports in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) to assess if parenteral inactivated influenza vaccines (influenza vaccines) may also increase the risk for Bell's palsy...
- Prescribing patterns of tricyclic and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants among a sample of adolescents and young adultsTherese Kairuz
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:379-82. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the prescribing patterns of TCAs and SSRIs among adolescents and young adults, with reference to prescribing frequency, cost and dose...
- High frequency of use of rofecoxib at greater than recommended doses: cause for concernMarie R Griffin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:339-43. 2004..Thus chronic use of high doses of rofecoxib has implications for patient safety...
- Incidence and determinants of long-term use of antidepressantsWelmoed E E Meijer
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, PO Box 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:57-61. 2004..In addition, we assessed the incidence of long-term use of SSRIs and identified possible determinants of long-term use...
- Incidence and determinants of migraine prophylactic medication in the NetherlandsH Rahimtoola
SIR Institute for Pharmacy Practice Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:149-55. 2002..To estimate and examine the incidence and determinants of initiation of migraine-prophylactic therapy as well as the corresponding drug of choice over a period of 5 years following the use of specific abortive migraine drugs...
- Comparative safety &effectiveness of antihypertensive medications in pregnancyBRIAN THOMAS BATEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will perform the proposed research within the well developed infrastructure of the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics ("The Division") at the Brigham and Women's Hospital...
- Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSAN AUDREY HALL; Fiscal Year: 2012..The diverse expertise of the research team includes pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, urology, and oncology...
- INFECTIOUS DISEASE AND BASIC MICROBIOLOGICAL MECHANISMSMarcia B Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..including complement, T cells, B cells, and regulation of the antibody response;(5) epidemiology, including pharmacoepidemiology and nosocomial infections;(6) cell biology of eosinophils and basophils;(7) biochemistry of proteins, ..
- Cervical Dysplasia and Human Papillomavirus Infection in Rheumatoid Arthritis.SEOYOUNG CATHERINE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): I am a Rheumatologist and Postdoctoral Fellow in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics and the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy at Brigham and Women's ..
- Heat Waves, Medication Use, and Adverse Health Outcomes Among Older AdultsSOKO SETOGUCHI-IWATA; Fiscal Year: 2013..A multidisciplinary team of experts in climatology, pharmacoepidemiology, and health services and outcomes research will work collaboratively to design and conduct analyses to (1) ..
- Cardiovascular Safety of Combination Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes MellitusJames S Floyd; Fiscal Year: 2013..James Floyd, a general internist with training and interests in cardiovascular disease epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology. His goals are: 1) to evaluate the cardiovascular effects of various combinations of diabetes therapies;and ..
- Pharmacoepidemiology of Atypical Antipsychotic DrugsWilliam V Bobo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The career development program includes further training in the core disciplines of pharmacoepidemiology, advanced training in the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of adult bipolar disorders, and ..
- Lifestyle Factors and Survival Outcomes for Colorectal Cancer Molecular SubtypesAMANDA IRENE PHIPPS; Fiscal Year: 2013..and expertise gained through this project will be supplemented by formal coursework in outcomes research, pharmacoepidemiology, and clinical trial methodologies, and by regular research seminars offered through the FHCRC, the UW, and ..
- ABC: Antidepressants and Breast Cancer PharmacoepidemiologyReina Haque; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): ABC: Antidepressants &Breast Cancer Treatment Pharmacoepidemiology Tens of thousands of American women with breast cancer are taking tamoxifen to reduce their chances of developing a recurrence or ..
- Exposure to antibiotics during infancy and subsequent risk of Crohn's disease: aMichael D Kappelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..short-term career goals are 1) to acquire the necessary background in genetics, genetic epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and research ethics in order to conduct studies of gene-environment interactions in pediatric IBD, 2) to ..
- Massachusetts Center for Birth Defects Research and PreventionAllen A Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2013..MCBDRP brings to BD-STEPS our expertise and leadership in pharmacoepidemiology and collaborative utilization of unique data resources to be applied to all four key areas named in the ..
- Exogenous Testosterone and Risk of CancerSUSAN AUDREY HALL; Fiscal Year: 2012..The diverse expertise of the research team includes pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, clinical endocrinology, and oncology, and the team has a demonstrated history of manuscript ..
- Cardiovascular Risks of Prescription Amphetamine Use in a National Veterans StudyARTHUR WESTOVER; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the Veterans Affairs (VA) medical system (n=8,000,000;from 2000 to 2008) proposes to: 1) describe the pharmacoepidemiology of prescription amphetamine use, 2) determine which patients are most at risk to progress from medical use ..
- Efficacy Of Metformin In The Methylnitrosourea-Induced Model Of ERTerisa Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013b>Pharmacoepidemiology studies indicated that metformin (a generic biguanide currently widely used in the treatment of type II diabetes with demonstrated long-term safety) is associated with decreased cancer burdens in diabetics, when ..
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMCharles M Stein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ion channel pharmacology and arrhythmia pharmacogenomics;5) Bone and cancer pharmacology;and 6) Pharmacoepidemiology. Additional collaborative efforts exist in pediatrics, cancer pharmacology and neuropharmacology, among ..
- Partnerships Between Medicaid, Tumor Registries &Cancer Control ResearchersDeborah Schrag; Fiscal Year: 2013..health services research methods expertise through focused coursework in geospatial analysis and advanced pharmacoepidemiology. She seeks to cultivate her leadership skills to foster partnerships with state health departments and ..
- Evaluation and treatment of enthesitis-related arthritisPAMELA FITCH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2013..in pediatric rheumatology with advance training in clinical epidemiology and a research focus on pharmacoepidemiology and comparative effectiveness of chronic rheumatic disease, including enthesitis-related arthritis (ERA), ..
- Drug-Drug Interactions and Preventable Adverse Events in RheumatologyCECILIA PILAR CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..in clinical and epidemiological research and is committed to an academic career in rheumatology and pharmacoepidemiology. She obtained a Master of Public Health degree at Vanderbilt and completed additional training in clinical ..
- Clinical Pharmacoepidemiology Training GrantSEAN P HENNESSY; Fiscal Year: 2013..application to continue and expand an innovative and successful post- doctoral training program in clinical pharmacoepidemiology (i.e., the use and effects of medications in populations)...
- Sacroiliitis in early ERAPAMELA FITCH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2013..of additional axial skeleton lesions in children with ERA or PsA at the time of diagnosis;and 3) perform prospective pharmacoepidemiology and comparative effectiveness studies for the treatment of sacroiliitis in pediatric ERA and PsA.
- Microvascular disease, statins, ACE-inhibitors and post-operative SBOFRANK IRVING SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Lewis is a world-renowned expert in pharmacoepidemiology and gastrointestinal disease epidemiology. Dr. Gary D...
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN EPIDEMIOLOGIC RESEARCH ON AGINGJ Michael Gaziano; Fiscal Year: 2013..mentors are based at Brigham and Women's Hospital in the Divisions of Aging, Preventive Medicine, Pharmacoepidemiology, and the Channing Laboratory...
- Comparative Effectiveness and Safety of Depression Treatments during PregnancySonia Hernandez-Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The current proposal is an interdisciplinary collaboration between the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at Brigham and Women's Hospital, the Department of Epidemiology at Harvard ..
- Vanderbilt Multidisciplinary Clinical Research CenterCharles M Stein; Fiscal Year: 2012..The three projects span a range of clinical research approaches (CRC clinical research, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes) and diverse rheumatic diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, osteoarthritis) central to ..
- Trajectories of Urologic Disease: Follow-up of BACHJohn B McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2011..progression/remission) within the same subject, longitudinal relationship with major chronic diseases, pharmacoepidemiology, the role of life experiences/events, help-seeking behavior, and formal and informal costs (bother, ..
- Pharmacoepidemiology of Urologic SymptomsSUSAN AUDREY HALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The diverse expertise of the research team includes pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, and clinical urology, and the team has a demonstrated history of manuscript productivity...
- Clinical Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Education and Training ProgramElena Losina; Fiscal Year: 2013..program supports training in a range of complementary disciplines including epidemiology, biostatistics, pharmacoepidemiology, decision sciences, economic analysis, health disparities and behavioral interventions...
- Glucocorticoid Regimens and Cardiovascular RiskSteven C Vlad; Fiscal Year: 2013..My long term goal is to establish a career as an independent researcher in the field of pharmacoepidemiology with special interest in drugs used in the rheumatic diseases...
- ACR Clinical Research ConferenceBruce Neil Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..rheumatologist and internationally known outcomes researcher with expertise in musculoskeletal disease and pharmacoepidemiology, and a clinical focus in bone health. Dr...
- UAB K 12 In Comparative Effectiveness ResearchKenneth G Saag; Fiscal Year: 2010..CER;2) Expand our didactic CER curriculum and multi-disciplinary training focused with a new MSPH track in Pharmacoepidemiology/CER and a DrPH track in Outcomes...
- Childrens Mercy Hospital Fellowship Program in Pediatric PharmacologyGREGORY LEE KEARNS; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., PK, PD, pharmacogenomics, bioinformatics, modeling/simulation, pharmacoepidemiology, treatment adherence, drug delivery systems, clinical trial design)...
- Pediatric Pharmacoepidemiology Training ProgramSEAN P HENNESSY; Fiscal Year: 2013..at the University of Pennsylvania, proposes to develop an innovative research training program in pediatric pharmacoepidemiology, specifically designed to train pediatricians to be rigorous, independent academic investigators able to ..
- Medication Adherence among Older Persons Enrolled in Medicare Part DHolly M Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Holly Holmes to gain expertise in geriatric pharmacoepidemiology in order to become an independent investigator in medication- related problems in older cancer patients. Dr...
- UAB T32 In Comparative Effectiveness ResearchKenneth G Saag; Fiscal Year: 2010..and multi-disciplinary training in the following ways: (a) provide candidates with a choice from an MSPH in Pharmacoepidemiology/CER or Outcomes Research, to be complemented by CER conferences, seminars, book reviews, and mini-symposia;..
- Center For Education and Research in TherapeuticsBRIAN LESLIE STROM; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., areas of methodologic focus where we can be a resource for the whole CERT network): 1) pharmacoepidemiology, 2) patient safety, and 3) health information technology. In particular, we propose to: 1...
- Improving Patient Safety by Reducing Medication ErrorsBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, we propose a program that will combine investigators in pharmacoepidemiology, health services research, biostatistics, occupational medicine, sociology, psychology, and economics to ..
- NIH Summer Research Experience Programs (R25)Daniel K Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Benjamin Jr. As chair of the Pediatric Trias Network, Dr. Benjamin has broad oversight of 3-6 large pharmacoepidemiology projects every year, each of which requires well-defined, short-term work that is ideally suited for an 8-..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN THE EPIDEMIOLOGY OF AGINGJay Magaziner; Fiscal Year: 2013..conducting ongoing projects: musculoskeletal epidemiology;neuroepidemiology;genetic epidemiology;and the pharmacoepidemiology. The training program is designed to enable trainees to: 1) contribute to a research team under the ..
- UNC post-doctoral training program in comparative effectiveness researchTimothy S Carey; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluation of current evidence through systematic reviews;observational studies and analyses such as pharmacoepidemiology and modeling research;conduct of large effectiveness trials;and dissemination and implementation activities...
- Mycobacterial disease prevention: pharmacovigilance and inflammatory diseaseKEVIN LORING WINTHROP; Fiscal Year: 2010..During the 5 year career development period, he will acquire formal training in pharmacoepidemiology, cohort study methods, as well as immunology. At the end of the five year career development period, Dr...
- Mid-Career Investigator Award (for Kenneth G. Saag, MD, MSc)Kenneth G Saag; Fiscal Year: 2013..For the past 15 years Dr. Saag has devoted the majority of his career efforts to patient-oriented research in pharmacoepidemiology (drug safety and comparative effectiveness) research and evidence implementation (a branch of outcomes or ..
- Medications as Acute Precipitants of Falls in the Nursing Home SettingSARAH DYER BERRY; Fiscal Year: 2013..the primary objectives of her learning curriculum are to increase her knowledge of fall prevention and pharmacoepidemiology, and to improve her skills in study design methodology...
- Effect of macrolides as immunomodulators in patients with sepsis and pneumoniaMarcos I Restrepo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate's educational aims are to 1) acquire sufficient knowledge to conduct pharmacoepidemiology studies using large secondary databases and randomized control trials to study the effect of novel ..
- Comparative effectiveness methods for evaluation of in-hospital exposuresJeremy A Rassen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant will have the resources of the Brigham &Women's Hospital's Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics available...
- An intervention to improve rational prescribing in cardiovascular diseaseWilliam Shrank; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Division of Pharmacoepidemiology at the Brigham and Women's Hospital is currently implementing a statewide academic detailing program ..
- The Risk of Polypharmacy-related Fracture in Older AdultsNancy E Morden; Fiscal Year: 2013..necessary to advance toward independent funding and a career as a leader in the field of geriatric pharmacoepidemiology. To advance these career aims, I propose a mentored study of fractures associated with exposure to multiple ..
- CVD Epidemiology Training ProgramDAVID STUART SISCOVICK; Fiscal Year: 2012..epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, molecular/biochemical epidemiology, nutritional epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, infectious disease epidemiology, neuroepidemiology, environmental epidemiology, and preventive cardiology ..
- Improved methods to assess the comparative safety of new psychiatric medicationsKrista F Huybrechts; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): I am an epidemiologist and junior faculty member in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics at Brigham &Women's Hospital, and Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical ..
- MOLECULAR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HORMONE INDUCED CANCERBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2002..This Program has mobilized investigators in pharmacoepidemiology, field epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, endocrinology, pathology, and molecular biology, to bring their ..
- EFFICACY OF TRICYCLICS IN TREATING CANCER PAINJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 1999..His interests include prognostic modeling and pharmacoepidemiology as applied to the understanding of cancer pain evaluation and management...
- Conducting Child Health Care Research in Vulnerable PopulationsWilliam O Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..critical areas of need for new knowledge in child health research on vulnerable populations and include Pharmacoepidemiology/Pharmacogenomics, Neurodevelopment, Health Disparities, and Vaccinology/Epidemiology...
- Predoctoral Training Program in Reproductive, Perinatal &Pediatric EpidemiologyKarin B Michels; Fiscal Year: 2013..and developing world and including gynecologic conditions, adverse pregnancy outcomes, gynecologic tumors, pharmacoepidemiology during pregnancy, epigenetics in the context of developmental origins of health and disease in which ..
- Televised Direct to Consumer Pharmaceutical Advertising and Patient OutcomesSherry L Emery; Fiscal Year: 2013..With expertise in the study of advertising and health behavior as well as pharmacoepidemiology and pharmaceutical policy, our team is highly qualified to perform the proposed research...
- Early Identification of Adverse Reactions to HerbsStephen Bent; Fiscal Year: 2007..After completing an extensive curriculum in pharmacognosy, pharmacoepidemiology, and the analysis of complex cohort data, Dr...
- Improving Use of Sedating Medications in Hospitalized Older AdultsShoshana J Herzig; Fiscal Year: 2013..Taken together, this multi-faceted proposal will facilitate Dr. Herzig's development into an independent patient-oriented investigator in geriatric pharmacoepidemiology.
- DEVELOPMENTAL PHARMCOKINETICS OF PSYCHORTOPIC DRUGSLouise Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004..and research methods(pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacogenetics, metabolism, epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and advanced statistics)...
- EPILEPSY CLINICAL RESEARCH PROGRAMIlo Leppik; Fiscal Year: 2006..program project is to increase our knowledge of the pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and pharmacoepidemiology (PE) of AEDs in the elderly...
- Colon Cancer Risk Modification by PPI and HRI TherapyYu Xiao Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Brian L. Strom, an authority on clinical pharmacoepidemiology and a pioneer in the use of computerized medical data in biomedical research...
- OCD TREATMENT OUTCOMES--BEYOND PHASE 3 DRUG TRIALSDeborah Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ackerman in the biological and methodological principles of clinical psychopharmacology and pharmacoepidemiology. An observational study during the fourth and fifth years will evaluate treatment response in obsessive-..
- Secondary drug prevention of stroke in long-term careBrian Quilliam; Fiscal Year: 2000..the risk of unintended adverse effects and 3) to compare methods to analytically control for confounding in observational pharmacoepidemiology studies and further determine their differential effects on precision.
- Gene Polymorphinsms and Prevention of DisabilityMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2003..team has experts in molecular biology, genetic epidemiology, bioinformatics, geriatrics, body composition, pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, and physical exercise and performance assessment...
- Patient Oriented Research in AnticoagulationStephen Kimmel; Fiscal Year: 2006..polymorphisms; and adherence on AC control via the merger of the disciplines of pharmacogenetics and pharmacoepidemiology, this study hopes to provide critical information to apply clinically (patient pre-screening) and ..