Genomes and Genes
Summary: A surgical specialty concerned with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the urinary tract in both sexes, and the genital tract in the male. Common urological problems include urinary obstruction, URINARY INCONTINENCE, infections, and UROGENITAL NEOPLASMS.
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in urology: worldwide multi-institutional analysis of 1076 casesJihad H Kaouk
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Eur Urol 60:998-1005. 2011Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) has gained popularity in urology over the last few years.
- Antimicrobial resistance and spread of multi drug resistant Escherichia coli isolates collected from nine urology services in the Euregion Meuse-RhineChristina F M van der Donk
Maastricht University Medical Centre, Department of Medical Microbiology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e47707. 2012..of ESBL producing and/or multi drug resistant (MDR) Escherichia coli isolates collected from urine samples from urology services in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine, the border region of the Netherlands (n=176), Belgium (n=126) and Germany (n=..
- Online spaced education to teach urology to medical students: a multi-institutional randomized trialB Price Kerfoot
Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg 197:89-95. 2009..We investigated whether online spaced education could prospectively improve students' acquisition and retention of knowledge...
- Surgeons' perceptions and injuries during and after urologic laparoscopic surgeryOfer N Gofrit
Department of Surgery, Section of Urology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Urology 71:404-7. 2008..We undertook this study to assess the prevalence of surgeons' deleterious perceptions or injuries related to laparoscopic urologic surgery...
- Multipotential differentiation of human urine-derived stem cells: potential for therapeutic applications in urologyShantaram Bharadwaj
Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Stem Cells 31:1840-56. 2013..USCs may be useful in cell-based therapies and tissue engineering applications, including urogenital reconstruction...
- Magnetic resonance imaging for the detection, localisation, and characterisation of prostate cancer: recommendations from a European consensus meetingLouise Dickinson
Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, University College London, London, UK
Eur Urol 59:477-94. 2011..Variations in technique and the interpretation of images have contributed to inconsistency in its reported performance characteristics...
- Randomized, controlled trial of spaced education to urology residents in the United States and CanadaB Price Kerfoot
Department of Surgery Urology, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 177:1481-7. 2007..We investigated whether an online educational program based on spacing effect principles could significantly improve the acquisition and retention of medical knowledge...
- Modular training for residents with no prior experience with open pelvic surgery in endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomyJens Uwe Stolzenburg
Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Eur Urol 49:491-8; discussion 499-500. 2006..To establish a teaching program for the performance of endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy (EERPE) that would ascertain the safe and efficacious training of residents with no previous experience with open pelvic surgery...
- Do journals publishing in the field of urology endorse reporting guidelines? A survey of author instructionsFrank Kunath
German Cochrane Centre, Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg Br, Germany kunath cochrane de
Urol Int 88:54-9. 2012..The extent to which reporting guidelines are incorporated into the author instructions of journals publishing in the field of urology remained unclear.
- Robotic surgical training of the urologic oncologistThomas J Guzzo
Department of Urology, The James Buchanan Brady Urologic Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Urol Oncol 27:214-7. 2009..We review the current literature regarding robotic surgical training, highlight potentially effective training strategies, and discuss future improvements in robotic surgical training of the urologic oncologist...
- Development of a near-infrared spectroscopy instrument for applications in urologyAndrew J Macnab
Department of Urological Sciences, UBC Hospital Bladder Care Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can J Urol 15:4233-40. 2008..NIRS has been applied successfully in urology research; however current instruments are designed principally for brain and muscle study.
- Evidence-based urology: how does a randomized clinical trial achieve its designed goals?Homayoun Sadeghi Bazargani
Department of Statistics and Epidemiology, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Urol J 8:88-96. 2011..To discuss the methodological considerations of a standard and applicable randomized clinical trial (RCT)...
- Evidence-based medicine training in residency: a survey of urology programme directorsPhilipp Dahm
Department of Urology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0247, USA
BJU Int 103:290-3. 2009To investigate whether and in what format urology residents receive formal training in evidence-based clinical practice.
- [Update of the Clinical Guidelines of the European Association of Urology on muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder carcinoma]A Stenzl
Departamento de Urologia, Universidad Eberhard Karls Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Alemania
Actas Urol Esp 34:51-62. 2010New data regarding diagnosis and treatment of muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer (MiM-BC) has emerged and led to an update of the European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines for MiM-BC.
- Validation of surgical simulatorsElspeth M McDougall
Department of Urology, University of California Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
J Endourol 21:244-7. 2007..has been developed for laparoscopic skills training, but none is dedicated to training for laparoscopic urology. Surgical simulation must be used within an effective learning environment, underpinned by knowledge and ..
- Contemporary management of superficial bladder cancer in the United States: a pattern of care analysisFadi N Joudi
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1089, USA
Urology 62:1083-8. 2003..To assess the practice preferences among urologists treating superficial bladder cancer in the United States...
- Vascular pseudoaneurysms in urology: clinical characteristics and managementDouglas E Sutherland
Department of Urology, MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, Washington, USA
J Endourol 24:915-21. 2010..Vascular pseudoaneurysm is a well-documented complication that results after injury to an arterial wall. We review the urologic literature for all reported postprocedural and post-traumatic cases of pseudoaneurysm...
- Profile and scientific production of CNPq researchers in Nephrology and UrologyEduardo A Oliveira
Pediatric Nephrology Service Pediatric Departament, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Brazil
J Bras Nefrol 33:31-7. 2011This study aimed at evaluating the profile and scientific production of researchers in Nephrology and Urology, receiving grants in the area of Clinical Medicine from the Brazilian National Research Council.
- Japan's share of research output in urology and nephrologyMahbubur Rahman
Department of Epidemiological and Clinical Research Information Management, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Urol 10:353-5. 2003Recent studies have documented Japan's share of articles in different biomedical fields. However, Japan's contribution to urology and nephrology is not known.
- The Society for Fetal Urology consensus statement on the evaluation and management of antenatal hydronephrosisHiep T Nguyen
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Urol 6:212-31. 2010..In this article, we summarized the literature and proposed recommendations for the evaluation and management of ANH...
- Fate of abstracts presented at the World Congress of Endourology: are they followed by publication in peer-reviewed journals?Riccardo Autorino
Urologic Clinic, Second University, Naples, Italy
J Endourol 20:996-1001. 2006....
- Early detection of prostate cancer: European Association of Urology recommendationAxel Heidenreich
Department of Urology, RWTH University Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur Urol 64:347-54. 2013..The recommendations and the updated EAU guidelines consider early detection of PCa with the purpose of reducing PCa-related mortality and the development of advanced or metastatic disease...
- The probiotic approach: an alternative treatment option in urologyC E Hoesl
Department of Urology, Hospital Barmherzige Brüder, Technical University Munich, Krankenhaus Barmherzige Brüder, Romanstr 93, 80639 München, Germany
Eur Urol 47:288-96. 2005..The use of certain beneficial strains against urogenital infections, bladder cancer recurrence and renal stone formation is discussed...
- Immediate impact of an intensive one-week laparoscopy training program on laparoscopic skills among postgraduate urologistsPeter D Vlaovic
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
JSLS 12:1-8. 2008..The first 101 participants in this program were evaluated on their laparoscopic skills acquisition at the end of the 5-day experience...
- Urology and the scientific method in ancient EgyptJennifer Gordetsky
Department of Urology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642 8656, USA
Urology 73:476-9. 2009To examine the practice of urology in ancient Egypt using various sources, including the Edwin Smith and Ebers Papyri...
- Residency training program paradigms for teaching robotic surgical skills to urology residentsSonal Grover
James Buchanan Brady Foundation Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, Starr 900, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Curr Urol Rep 11:87-92. 2010..challenges when trying to establish a balance between costs associated with robotic surgery and training of the urology residents, while maintaining an acceptable operative time...
- Technical aspects of lasers in urologyHeinrich O Teichmann
LISA laser products OHG, Max Planck Strasse 1, 37191, Katlenburg Lindau, Germany
World J Urol 25:221-5. 2007..Furthermore the meaning of fibre flexibility and durability is elucidated...
- Medical malpractice claims risk in urology: an empirical analysis of patient complaint dataC J Stimson
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Urol 183:1971-6. 2010..We investigated whether patient complaint experience differs among urologists, and whether urological subspecialists generate distinct quantities and types of complaints...
- Urology resident publication output and its relationship to future academic achievementGlen Yang
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Urol 185:642-6. 2011..component of residency training but little is known about the quantity and types of publications produced by urology residents...
- Randomized controlled trials in pediatric urology: room for improvementBlayne Welk
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Urology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Urol 176:306-9; discussion 309-10. 2006The primary purpose of this study was to ascertain what proportion of the body of published literature in pediatric urology is represented by randomized controlled trials. The secondary purpose was to assess the quality of these trials.
- [The future of uro-oncology: what needs to be done to secure its place in the field of urology?]P Albers
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstraße 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Urologe A 50:914-6. 2011The specialty of urology has changed considerably with regard to the subspecialty of uro-oncology and requires more than just knowledge of hormone therapy for metastatic prostate cancer and standard treatment of testicular tumors...
- Comparison of the epidemiologic features and patterns of initial care for prostate cancer between public and private institutions: a survey by the Brazilian Society of UrologyAguinaldo Cesar Nardi
Sociedade Brasileira de Urologia, Section Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 38:155-64; discussion 164-6. 2012..To describe the epidemiological features and patterns of initial care for prostate cancer at public and private institutions in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil...
- [Evaluation of clinical reasoning in urology: contribution of the Script Concordance Test]L Sibert
Service d Urologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, France
Prog Urol 11:1213-9. 2001..The objective of this study was to assess the value of this new written evaluation instrument to evaluate clinical reasoning in urology.
- Validating the use of the Mimic dV-trainer for robotic surgery skill acquisition among urology residentsRuslan Korets
Department of Urology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Urology 78:1326-30. 2011..No standardized curriculum currently exists for robotic surgical education. The MdVT is a compact hardware platform that closely reproduces the experience of the dVSS...
- Academic ranking score: a publication-based reproducible metric of thought leadership in urologyAlexander Kutikov
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Eur Urol 61:435-9. 2012..Hospital rankings have become integral to the marketing strategies of many health care systems. Methodology used in compiling these lists appears highly flawed...
- Treatment patterns in patients with prostate cancer and bone metastasis among US community-based urology group practicesStephen J Freedland
Department of Surgery, Durham, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Urology 80:293-8. 2012To evaluate a cohort of United States-based urology practices for patterns related to screening, diagnosis, and treatment of bone metastases in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Comparative study of scientific publications in urology and nephrology journals originating from USA, China and Japan (2001-2010)Juan Li
Department of Nephrology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e42200. 2012..In this study, we aimed to compare the quantity and quality of publications in urology and nephrology journals from USA, China and Japan.
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors in clinical urologyStefan Uckert
Department of Urology and Urological Oncology, Division of Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 6:323-32. 2013..dysfunction, Peyronie's disease, overactive bladder, urinary stone disease, lower urinary tract symptomatology secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia and premature ejaculation, for the use of PDE inhibitors in clinical urology.
- Nonhomologous bioinjectable materials in urology: 'size matters'?L Z Solomon
Departments of Urology, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, and St Mary s Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
BJU Int 85:641-5. 2000....
- 2001 American Urological Association Gallup Survey: changes in physician practice patterns, satisfaction with urology, and treatment of prostate cancer and erectile dysfunctionMICHAEL P O'LEARY
American Urological Association, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Urol 168:649-52. 2002..The results of the 2001 survey are presented...
- Current laparoscopic practice patterns in urology: results of a survey among urologists in Germany and SwitzerlandThomas A Vögeli
Department of Urology, University of Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf 40225, Germany
Eur Urol 42:441-6. 2002..A survey was performed to assess the current practice patterns in laparoscopy among urologists in Germany and Switzerland...
- Scientific publications in nephrology and urology journals from Chinese authors in East Asia: a 10-year survey of the literatureJing Xu
Department of Nephrology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e14781. 2011..In this study, we compared the quantity and quality of nephrological and urological articles published in international journals from the three major regions of China: the mainland (ML), Hong Kong (HK), and Taiwan (TW)...
- EAU guidelines on robotic and single-site surgery in urologyAxel S Merseburger
Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology Medical School of Hanover MHH, Hanover, Germany
Eur Urol 64:277-91. 2013This is a short version of the European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines on robotic and single-site surgery in urology, as created in 2013 by the EAU Guidelines Office Panel on Urological Technologies.
- Assessment of clinical reasoning competence in urology with the script concordance test: an exploratory study across two sites from different countriesLouis Sibert
Department of Urology, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, Pavillon Derocque 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
Eur Urol 41:227-33. 2002The script concordance (SC) test is designed to measure the organisation of knowledge that allows interpretation of data in clinical reasoning. This study explores the use of this new written examination tool in urology.
- Assessing the predictive validity and efficacy of a multimodal training programme for laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP)Marto Sugiono
Department of Urology, SLK Klinikum Heilbronn, University of Heidelberg, Am Gesundbrunnen 20, D 77074 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Urol 51:1332-9; discussion 1340. 2007....
- Avicenna's Canon of Medicine and Modern Urology: part I: bladder and its diseasesSeyed Mohammad Ali Madineh
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University, MC, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:284-93. 2008Studying the Avicenna's Canon of Medicine, provides noteworthy information on the subjects related to urology. Some examples of these amazing items have been confirmed by the modern urology: explaining the 2-stage function of the bladder ..
- The hybrid of basic science and clinical training for the urologic oncologist: Necessity or waste?Aria F Olumi
Department of Urology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Urol Oncol 27:205-7. 2009..To examine the necessity and adequacy of basic science training for urologic oncology training programs...
- Hypospadias outcome in the first 3 years after completing a pediatric urology fellowshipDominic Frimberger
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 Stanton L Young Boulevard, WP 3150, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Pediatr Urol 4:270-4. 2008..We report the outcomes of hypospadias surgeries performed by two academic Pediatric Urologists in the first 3 years of practice after completing a 2-year fellowship...
- The approach to the difficult urethral catheterization among urology residents in the United StatesCarlos Villanueva
Section of Urology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68114, USA
Int Braz J Urol 36:710-5; discussion 715-7. 2010To determine the prevalence of different approaches to the difficult urethral catheterization (DUC) among urology residents (UR) in the United States (US).
- The trends in prostate specific antigen usage amongst United Kingdom urologists--a questionnaire based studyHelena P Burden
Urology Speciality Registrar, Derriford, Plymouth, UK
BMC Urol 8:17. 2008..Whilst there is no National UK Screening programme, many men undergo opportunistic screening. This study investigates UK urologist's usage of PSA and the awareness surrounding the Department of Health (DoH) PSA guidelines...
- Tissue engineering and stem cells: basic principles and applications in urologyAhmed A Shokeir
Mansoura Urology and Nephrology Center, Urology Department, Mansoura, Egypt
Int J Urol 17:964-73. 2010..Despite the paucity of clinical trials, the promising results of animal models and continuous work represents the hope of treating various urological disorders with this technology...
- Framework for incorporating simulation into urology trainingSonal Arora
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
BJU Int 107:806-10. 2011..directions of simulation for training in technical and non-technical skills are reviewed as they pertain to urology. • A framework is presented for how simulation-based training could be incorporated into the entire urological ..
- Usage of International Continence Society standardized terminology: A bibliometric and questionnaire studyRufus Cartwright
Department of Urogynaecology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 29:1373-9. 2010....
- Use of chaperones in the urology outpatient setting: a patient's choice in a "patient-centred" serviceAndrew M Sinclair
Department of Urology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Postgrad Med J 83:64-5. 2007..There have been many guidelines and papers written on this topic, but always from the medical profession's point of view. For the first time, this survey focuses on the opinion of the patient...
- Impact factors in urology. How well do our journals stack up against other medical and surgical journals?Apostolos P Labanaris
Department of Urology, Martha Maria Medical Center, Academic Hospital of Erlangen University, Nuremberg, Germany
Urol Int 78:299-304. 2007....
- Comparative effectiveness research in urologyAmy T Wang
Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
World J Urol 29:277-82. 2011Comparative effectiveness research (CER) has come to remain at the forefront of political and scientific debates of health care. The aim of this article is to describe the attributes of CER and implications to the field of urology.
- [Diagnosis and management of patients with overactive bladder syndrome in urology clinics and general practitioner clinics in Spain]M Justa García Matres
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana, 261, 0 28046, Madrid
Arch Esp Urol 60:15-21. 2007..The aim of this study is to know the main procedures and techniques used by both urologists and general practitioners to diagnose overactive bladder in usual clinical practice in Spain...
- Blended E-learning in a Web-based virtual hospital: a useful tool for undergraduate education in urologyM Horstmann
Department of Urology, University of Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, Tuebingen, Germany
Educ Health (Abingdon) 22:269. 2009E-learning is a teaching tool used successfully in many medical subspecialties. Experience with its use in urology, however, is scarce...
- Assessment of laparoscopic suturing skills of urology residents: a pan-European studyStephanie G C Kroeze
Department of Urology, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Urol 56:865-72. 2009..Previous studies have suggested that simulator-based laparoscopic training can improve performance during real laparoscopic procedures...
- Stability of clinical reasoning assessment results with the Script Concordance test across two different linguistic, cultural and learning environmentsLouis Sibert
Department of Urology, Rouen University Hospital, France
Med Teach 24:522-7. 2002..Previous studies have shown that the SC test has good construct validity. This study, done in urology, explores (1) the stability of the construct validity of the test across two different linguistic and learning ..
- Patterns and predictors of laparoscopic complications in pediatric urology: the role of ongoing surgical volume and access techniquesCarlo C Passerotti
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 180:681-5. 2008..While complication rates are low, they can have significant consequences. In this study we define the incidence and risk factors for complications in children undergoing laparoscopic urological surgery...
- Medical malpractice in American urology: 22-year national review of the impact of caps and implications for contemporary practiceMichael H Hsieh
Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 179:1944-9; discussion 1949. 2008..We comprehensively examined jury verdicts involving urologists and determined the nature of these cases and their relationship to changes in tort reform...
- Controversies in antibiotic prophylaxis in urologyMagnus Grabe
Department of Urology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, SE 205 02 Sweden
Int J Antimicrob Agents 23:S17-23. 2004..It is the task of the urologists to carefully assess each individual patient and procedure to opt for an optimal prophylaxis...
- Effectiveness of procedural simulation in urology: a systematic reviewKamran Ahmed
Medical Research Council Centre for Transplantation, King s College London, King s Health Partners, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Urol 186:26-34. 2011We analyzed studies validating the effectiveness and deficiencies of simulation for training and assessment in urology. We documented simulation types (synthetic, virtual reality and animal models), participant experience level and tasks ..
- Active surveillance for good risk prostate cancer: rationale, method, and resultsLaurence H Klotz
Division of Urology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 12:21-4. 2005..The challenge is to identify the minority of these patients with aggressive disease and offer them curative treatment, while sparing the remainder the morbidity of unnecessary treatment...
- European Association of Urology guidelines on vasectomyGert R Dohle
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 61:159-63. 2012The European Association of Urology presents its guidelines for vasectomy...
- Methodological concerns and quality appraisal of contemporary systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric urologyLuis H Braga
Department of Surgery Urology, McMaster Children s Hospital, Hamilton, Canada
J Urol 186:266-71. 2011The usefulness of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in influencing clinical practice depends on their quality. We sought to analyze the quality of published systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric urology.
- Interactive spaced education versus web based modules for teaching urology to medical students: a randomized controlled trialB Price Kerfoot
Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 179:2351-6; discussion 2356-7. 2008..This study is an assessment of the acceptability and short-term educational efficacy of interactive spaced education compared to web based teaching cases within the compact time frame of a clinical clerkship...
- Avoidable iatrogenic complications of urethral catheterization and inadequate intern training in a tertiary-care teaching hospitalArun Z Thomas
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Beaumont Hospital, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
BJU Int 104:1109-12. 2009....
- Computer enhanced visual learning method to train urology residents in pediatric orchiopexy provided a consistent learning experience in a multi-institutional trialLeslie McQuiston
Department of Surgery Pediatric Surgery Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Children s Hospital at Dartmouth, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Urol 184:1748-53. 2010..To assess whether this new methodology to enhance resident surgical instruction is generalizable we performed a prospective, multi-institutional clinical trial...
- A new computer enhanced visual learning method to train urology residents in pediatric orchiopexy: a prototype for Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education documentationMax Maizels
Division of Urology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Urol 180:1814-8; discussion 1818. 2008..All elements of the method are repeated with each case performed. We used the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education index case of orchiopexy to pilot this project...
- [What is the publication rate of papers presented at the French Association of Urology annual conferences?]G Gourtaud
Service d Urologie, CHU Bretonneau, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
Prog Urol 19:60-4. 2009The meeting of the French Association of Urology (AFU) occurs once a year. Some communications are consequently published in national or international journals...
- Stem cells: implications for urologyKirk C Lo
Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Alkek N 730, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Urol Rep 6:49-54. 2005..In this article, the current understanding of the biology of stem cells, their application in urology, and some of the controversies regarding their use are discussed...
- Periurethral constrictor in pediatric urology: long-term followupFabio de O Vilar
Hospital Infantil Manoel Almeida and Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
J Urol 171:2626-8. 2004..We report long-term followup of a new device for the treatment of urinary incontinence in children...
- Training in andrology: the level 1 programme of the European Academy of Andrology (EAA) and of the European Society for Andrological Urology (ESAU)G R Dohle
Int J Androl 30:1-2. 2007
- Current status of robot-assisted surgery in urology: a multi-national survey of 297 urologic surgeonsKhurshid A Guru
Department of Urology, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York, USA
Can J Urol 16:4736-41; discussion 4741. 2009..The surgical robot is becoming an important tool for performance of minimally invasive surgical procedures around the world. We surveyed opinions about and utilization of robot-assisted surgery among urologic surgeons from 44 countries...
- Internet resources and urologyHemant Kumar Bid
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Urol Int 74:1-12. 2005..Our aim was to explain the origin, functions, use and impact of the Internet and to provide a list of important website addresses related to urology.
- Porcine extracellular matrix scaffolds in reconstructive urology: An ex vivo comparative study of their biomechanical propertiesN F Davis
Department of Urology, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 4:375-82. 2011..The present work demonstrates that a fourfold increase in ECM scaffold SA relative to its intended defect does not lead to a significant improvement in TBC and C values...
- Stem cells: a review and implications for urologyRichard N Yu
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Urology 75:664-70. 2010..This review will provide a broad perspective on stem cell research, from the sentinel discoveries to recent developments, and also discuss translational implications...
- Laparoscopy in German urology: changing acceptance among urologistsFlorian Imkamp
Department of Urology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Eur Urol 56:1074-80. 2009..Laparoscopic techniques have dramatically influenced urologic surgery in the past 2 decades...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in urology: where have we been and where are we heading?Chad R Tracy
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 5:561-8. 2008..has resulted in a substantial increase in the use of laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) in urology over the past 2 years...
- Perceptions of surgical specialists in general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, urology and gynaecology on teaching endoscopic surgery in The NetherlandsM P Schijven
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, PO Box 85500, 3508, GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 22:472-82. 2008..g. the program directors. Therefore, a nation-wide survey was conducted to inventory current endoscopic training initiatives and its possible shortcomings among all program directors of the surgical specialties in the Netherlands...
- Access related complications during percutaneous nephrolithotomy: urology versus radiology at a single academic institutionJames D Watterson
Division of Urology, University of Ottawa General Campus, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 176:142-5. 2006..In this study we evaluated percutaneous access for percutaneous nephrolithotomy obtained by interventional radiologists or a urologist at a single academic institution, and compared access trends and complications...
- The use of botulinum neurotoxin type A (BoNTA) in urologyA Apostolidis
Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
J Neural Transm 115:593-605. 2008..This review aims to provide an insight of the use of BoNT/A in the lower urinary tract, addressing issues such as treatment outcomes and safety, mechanisms of action and potential for future research...
- 2003 American Urological Association Gallup survey: physician practice patterns, cryosurgery/brachytherapy, male infertility, female urology and insurance/professional liabilityMICHAEL P O'LEARY
Health Policy Survey and Research Committee, American Urological Association, Linthicum, Maryland, USA
J Urol 171:2363-5. 2004..The results of the 2003 survey are presented...
- The importance of palliative care in urologyRobert D Brierly
Department of Urology, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Urol Int 80:13-8. 2008....
- The two-week-wait cancer initiative in urology: useful modernization?Darrell Allen
Department of Urology, Guy s Hospital, Thomas Guy House, St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
J R Soc Med 97:279-81. 2004..We reviewed the case notes of all patients referred under this scheme to a single urology department over twelve months...
- Clinicians' views on the feasibility of surgical randomized trials in urogynecology: results of a questionnaire surveyEvangelia Bakali
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 30:69-74. 2011..To survey the views of clinicians (urologists and gynecologists) about a proposed randomized surgical trial comparing two approaches for the treatment of women with urinary incontinence and vaginal prolapse...
- Robert H. Whitaker and the Whitaker test: a pressure-flow study of the upper urinary tractMarie Blanche Tchetgen
Section of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2916, USA
Urology 61:253-6. 2003
- Therapeutic applications of lasers in urology: an updateNathaniel M Fried
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Biophotonics Laboratory, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 3:81-94. 2006..The holmium:YAG laser is currently the workhorse laser in urology since it can be used for multiple soft- and hard-tissue applications, including laser lithotripsy, benign ..
- A critical assessment of the quality of reporting of randomized, controlled trials in the urology literatureCharles D Scales
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Urol 177:1090-4; discussion 1094-5. 2007..To our knowledge we report the first systematic assessment of randomized, controlled trial quality in the urology literature by Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials standards.
- Staying at the cutting edge: a review and analysis of evidence reporting and grading; the recommendations of the American Urological AssociationMartha Faraday
American Urological Association, Baltimore, MD, USA
BJU Int 104:294-7. 2009..In addition to a more scientifically sound guideline, the outcome of these modifications is a timely, less costly document involving fewer burdens on panel members...
- Do we do what they say we do? coding errors in urologyA Ballaro
The Institute of Urology and Nephrology, London, UK
BJU Int 85:389-91. 2000..clinical records, the diagnosis and procedure codes were ascribed to 106 finished consultant episodes (FCEs) in urology, by two urological trainees...
- Is the pelvic organ prolapse quantification system (POPQ) being used? A survey of members of the International Continence Society (ICS) and the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS)W Auwad
Urogynecology Unit, Directorate of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH, UK
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15:324-7. 2004..It also suggests the need for a simplified version of the classification system that is user-friendly and can be adopted by all practitioners...
- Devices for laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in urologySashi S Kommu
Department of Urology, University Hospital North Staffordshire, Newcastle Road, Stoke on Trent, West Midlands Deanery, ST4 6QG, UK
Expert Rev Med Devices 6:95-103. 2009..Despite the preliminary optimistic results in the outcomes of LESS, an experienced laparoscopic skill set is essential for the safe and effective completion of surgery...
- Contemporary prostate biopsy complication rates in community-based urology practicePaul R Sieber
Urological Associates of Lancaster, Limited, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17604 3200, USA
Urology 70:498-500. 2007....
- Short-term impact of a laparoscopic "mini-residency" experience on postgraduate urologists' practice patternsFederico A Corica
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:692-8. 2006To assist practicing urologists incorporate laparoscopic urology into their practice, a 5-day mini-residency (M-R) program with a mentor, preceptor, and proctor experience was established at the University of California, Irvine, and we ..
- A study of how urology out-patients like to receive clinical informationD N Wood
Department of Urology, Southend NHS Trust, Essex, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 88:579-82. 2006..As part of the NHS Plan the UK Department of Health has suggested that both patients and general practitioners (GPs) are written to following hospital consultations. We audited the responses of patients and GPs to this practice...
- Urological referral of asymptomatic men in general practice in EnglandJ Melia
Cancer Screening Evaluation Unit, Section of Epidemiology, Institute of Cancer Research, Sir Richard Doll Building, Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 98:1176-81. 2008..At the time of data collection, 56% (112 out of 200) of GP partners reported that they were aware of receiving the PCRMP pack. To ensure future, effective implementation of guidelines requires evaluation...
- An innovative medical student clinical clerkship in advanced urologic laparoscopy: a preliminary experienceCarl K Gjertson
Division of Urology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
J Endourol 22:1345-50. 2008We describe student satisfaction following a unique medical student education initiative-an elective clinical clerkship in laparoscopic urology.
- On line clinical reasoning assessment with Script Concordance test in urology: results of a French pilot studyLouis Sibert
Department of Urology, Rouen University Hospital, 1, rue de Germont 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
BMC Med Educ 6:45. 2006..This study assesses the feasibility, reliability and validity of the SC test made available on the Web to French urologists...
- Roles of RhoA/Rho-kinase Signaling in Cavernous Neurons Following Axonal InjuryTRINITY JUDE BIVALACQUA; Fiscal Year: 2013..During my urology training at Johns Hopkins, I was awarded a MD/PhD Fellowship from the American Urological Association Foundation ..
- Robot-Assisted MRI-Guided Prostate BiopsyDan Stoianovici; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our Urology Robotics laboratory has developed a unique MRI stealth robot...
- Adiposity and Outcomes of Clinically Localized Prostate CancerVincent L Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The cohort will consist of 540 men enrolled in the urology clinics of four Chicago-area medical centers who are awaiting prostatectomy for clinically localized prostate ..
- Biological &Environmental Mediators of Vitamin D and Aggressive Prostate CancerADAM BRYANT MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Adam has dual appointments at Jesse Brown VA Medical Center and Northwestern University in the Department of Urology. Also, Adam now has visiting researcher status at University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Andre K...
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..7% annually during 2008-2015 to reach $1.1 billion by 2015. The market of the rigid endoscopes (e.g. laparoscopy, urology and arthroscopy) is slightly smaller than flexible endoscopes, but with similar market growth rate...
- Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSAN AUDREY HALL; Fiscal Year: 2012..The diverse expertise of the research team includes pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, urology, and oncology...
- Directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells for urologic applicationsJames A Bassuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..The source of infant mesenchyme will be the urology service at Seattle Children's Hospital, as procured by Drs. Richard Grady and Thomas Lendvay (Contributors)...
- Intratesticular Sex Steroids and Spermatogenesis in ManMARA YVONNE ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the Department of Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, as well as external advisors in the Departments of Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Epidemiology...
- Clinical Outcomes for Siblings of Children with Vesico-Ureteral RefluxCALEB PENNELL NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pediatric urology is a subspecialty in transition, moving from a field based primarily on personal surgical experience and case ..
- Training Program in Hypertension, Kidney Disease &Cell BiologyChristie P Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Trainees will be attracted from programs in urology, pediatric nephrology, nephrology, and the basic sciences...
- Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation of Chronic Pelvic Pain SyndromeGERALD LOUIS ANDRIOLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..gastroenterology, neuroradiology, molecular microbiology, infectious disease, epidemiology, psychology, and urology. By bringing together these successful and productive investigators with strong record of participating in ..
- Mechanisms of Fatty Acid Metabolism in Prostate Differentiation and DiseaseDOUGLAS WILLIAM STRAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..career development mechanisms will include instructive seminars at national meetings on obesity, diabetes and urology, mentored guidance in grant and manuscript preparation, and academic job interviewing...
- THE ROLE OF METABOTROPIC GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR 5 (MGLUR5) IN BLADDER PAINHING HUNG HENRY LAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The institutional environment for career development at Washington University and in the Division of Urology is outstanding. Dr. Andriole (Chief of Urology) and Dr...
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network - Duke University Clinical SiteAnthony G Visco; Fiscal Year: 2013..DUMC is the hub of a multidisciplinary team of outstanding collaborative investigators in urogynecology, urology, colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, maternal-fetal medicine, physical therapy and epidemiology...
- Multi-disciplinary Training in Benign UrologyHunter Wessells; Fiscal Year: 2013..These trainees will be recruited from our own fellow candidates in Pediatric Urology and Trauma and Reconstruction;from other clinical Departments at UW including Medicine, OB/GYN, Pathology and ..
- Novel Polymer Coatings to Prevent Biofilms on Urinary Stents and CathetersJEFFREY LAWRENCE DALSIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..infection and subsequent encrustation of urinary stents and catheters is a persistent problem in clinical urology and leads to significant patient morbidity and mortality...
- Pittsburgh Pelvic Floor Research ProgramHalina M Zyczynski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our site brings expertise in urogynecology, physical therapy, geriatrics, urology, gastroenterology and mental health...
- Training Program in Cancer ImmunobiologyBradley W McIntyre; Fiscal Year: 2013..2), Lymphoma (2), Melanoma Medical Oncology (3), Stem Cell Transplantation (1), Systems Biology (1), Urology (1), and Pediatrics (1)...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKYolanda R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..and experience of the research team comprised of collaborative faculty from Reproductive Endocrinology, Urology, Medical Endocrinology, and Biostatistics...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANDROLOGY ANNUAL MEETINGDolores J Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2010..This practice results in valuable interactions among clinicians in several disciplines (Urology, Andrology, Endocrinology, Infertility, Reproductive Tract Cancer), basic scientists studying male reproduction (..
- Bladder Wall Remodeling in LUTSSamuel K Chacko; Fiscal Year: 2012The George M. O'Brien Urology Research Center at the University of Pennsylvania entitled "Bladder Wall Remodeling in LUTS" has three key elements: (1) the laboratories of five principal investigators and the Co-PIs that bring ..
- Neural Crest Contributions to the BladderE MICHELLE MICHELLE SOUTHARD SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..address multiple needs for basic research in bladder development as stated in the "Strategic Plan for Pediatric Urology" and are responsive to the objectives of the "Basic Research in the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract" Program ..
- Purinergic Regulation of Bladder Interstitial Cells of CajalWeiqun Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal of this research, in alignment with several stated goals of the National Urology Research Agenda, is to fully understand the interactions of neurons, BICC, and BSM in regulating bladder motility...
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunctions in neurological disordersAnna P Malykhina; Fiscal Year: 2013..and demyelination for basic research projects;4) an Educational Enrichment Program to attract young investigators to the field of urology and support their research in the laboratories of key investigators.
- Novel Pelvic Floor Pain Measures to Enhance Female Pelvic Pain EvaluationFRANK FU SHENG TU; Fiscal Year: 2012..A two part-program is proposed. First, under a structured program of mentorship (drawn from gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, psychology, physiology, and neurology) he will study relevant pain physiology and pertinent ..
- Children's Hospital Boston George O'Brien Urology Research CenterRosalyn M Adam; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall goal will be to identify genetic risk factors for OAB and use this information for improved diagnosis and possible therapeutic intervention. ..
- Estrogenic Modulation of Genitourinary Epithelial-Probiotic Cross-TalkMICHAEL HARRISON HSIEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies, the candidate seeks to become a physician investigator by complementing his background in pediatric urology and graduate work in adaptive immunology with training in biofilm microbiology and innate immunology...
- Super-Zoom Endoscope (SuZE)MIKHAIL A GUTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Endoscopes used in urology for transurethral imaging and procedures have small diameters on the distal end for minimal invasiveness. The resolution of such endoscopes is relatively low...
- Male Reproductive Health Research Career Development ProgramPeter R Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..The program has been designed to recruit the most qualified candidates, nationally, from urology, gynecology/reproductive endocrinology and general endocrinology backgrounds, through an established University ..
- Phenotype of urinary symptoms and relationships with genotype, sleep and obesityBRIAN TODD HELFAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Effective LUTD symptom reporting can help better characterize urology patients, more effectively guide treatment, and clarify relationships between phenotype and biological substrates ..
- DIABETES, ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISMAndrew R Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2013..12 investigators from 5 departments- Medicine/Endocrinology, Pediatrics/Endocrinology, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, Urology, and Developmental Biology- whose interests converge on 3 endocrine themes...
- Beta-Catenin and Prostate DevelopmentChad M Vezina; Fiscal Year: 2013..The University of Wisconsin is an NIDDK-sponsored O'Brien Urology Research Center, an NCI-sponsored Comprehensive Cancer Center, and boasts nearly 40 prostate research labs, ..
- Surgical Laser device development for precise or bulk ablation of urologic tissueJonathon D Wells; Fiscal Year: 2010..field as it provides a platform that can completely address the wide variety of surgical and outpatient needs in urology in both hospital and clinic settings...
- Effectiveness of Early Stage Prostate Cancer TreatmentMARTIN G contact SANDA; Fiscal Year: 2010..multicenter cohort of 2067 early stage prostate cancer patients accrued before being treated at community-based Urology practices nationwide and for whom detailed cost data are available (reported in Wu et al J Urol 2008 and Wilson ..
- Clinical and Immunologic Evaluation of ProstAtak for Prostate CancerEstuardo Aguilar-Cordova; Fiscal Year: 2013..A working group of urology, radiation therapy, pathology, immunology and biostatistics experts from top academic institutions has been ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISMRichard J Auchus; Fiscal Year: 2013..in Pediatric Endocrinology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Endocrine Surgery, Neurosurgery and Urology. The Program ensures that all MD trainees meet the requirements for subspecialty Board eligibility in ..
- Brown/WIH Pelvic Floor Disorders Network SiteVivian W Sung; Fiscal Year: 2013..collaborators committed to advancing the care of women with PFDs led by Urogynecology (including Urology, Colorectal surgery, Women's Gastroenterology, Women's Physical Therapy, and Women's Radiology);..
- KIDNEY DISEASE RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMJohn C Lieske; Fiscal Year: 2012..and Hypertension/Nephrology Research Unit (NRU), 5 from the Transplant Center, 3 from the Department of Urology, and 22 from other divisions or departments organized in 9 research units (renal circulation and hypertension;..
- Renal and urologic biostatistics training grantJustine Shults; Fiscal Year: 2013..academic investigators able to use the range of approaches in biostatistics to address issues in kidney and urology research...
- UROLOGICAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2011This proposal seeks continuation of our unique program in academic urology, which provides intensive training in urological research to postdoctoral fellows...
- Multimodal Image-Guided Intervention System for Lung-Cancer Diagnosis and StagingWILLIAM EVAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, many of the proposed basic methods should be applicable to other areas, such as urology, gastroenterology, nephrology, gynecology, and neurology...
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN MOLECULAR ONCOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGYDavid E Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..members from the Departments of Pathology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Medicine, Pediatrics, Urology, Radiation Oncology, Dermatology, Radiology and Microbiology participate as primary mentors in this program, and ..
- Obesity and Urinary Incontinence (OUI)Leslee L Subak; Fiscal Year: 2012..Subak, MD is Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology &Reproductive Sciences, Urology &Epidemiology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with an established track record as a ..
- A Drosophila Model Investigates the Role of Metals in Initiating Urinary StonesMarshall Stoller; Fiscal Year: 2013..Work will be performed in conjunction with collaborators at the O'Brien Urology Research Center at the Mayo Clinic, the Buck Institute for Research on Aging, and the Children's Hospital of ..
- 20th SBUR Fall Symposium: The Inflammation/Immunity Axis in Urologic DiseaseDavid M Lubaroff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Timely subjects of the year are addressed at each meeting with special emphasis on a cross-fertilization of urology and another relevant field of research...
- Brain Bladder Interactions in IC/PBSLARISSA RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..The current proposal, co-directed by experienced, senior investigators from gastroenterology and urology builds on this interdisciplinary view and aims to characterize the interactions of biological and environmental ..
- Univ of Maryland Baltimore Interdisciplinary Research Center in Benign UrologySUSAN F KEAY; Fiscal Year: 2011..The University of Maryland Interdisciplinary Research Center (UM-IRC) in benign urology will perform a planning study in which bladder urothelial biopsies will be obtained from subjects with no urinary ..
- A Metabolomic Approach to Discovering Biomarkers for ADPKDRobert H Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..urine and/or blood test for detection of ADPKD, which can be utilized in the primary care, nephrology, and urology clinics and which will lead to earlier treatment of this relatively common disease...
- Urological Complications of Obesity and DiabetesFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2011..and type 2 DM;and c) produce high volume preliminary data for future submission of proposals for O'Brien Urology Research Center focusing on UCOD, as one of the most common Benign Urological Diseases affecting our nation...
- Molecular signatures associated with prostatic inflammation in rodent models.Zhou Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..renewal application from the University of Pittsburgh Planning Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Benign Urology (IR-BU) is proposed to study "Molecular signatures associated with prostatic inflammation in rodent models"...
- Diabetes and IncontinenceJeanette S Brown; Fiscal Year: 2011..Brown, MD is Professor of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Urology, &Epidemiology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)...
- 2011 ASN Improving Design and Conduct of Pragmatic Trials and Clinical Studies inKamyar Kalantar-Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2012..The symposium is in collaboration with the Kidney Urology and Hematology (KUH) Division of NIDDK...
- UROLOGY RESEARCH TRAINING GRANTDONALD STRALEY COFFEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..and Ellen Shapiro whose Alpha-1-andrenergic research studies on BPH were followed up by clinical studies of a urology resident, Craig Peters, who demonstrated the effects of androgens on BPH...
- A Program to Promote Diversity within the American Society of AndrologyGeorge L Gerton; Fiscal Year: 2013..fields of NIDDK mission areas of diabetes, endocrine and metabolic diseases, and urologic diseases (including urology basic cell biology, male reproductive health, diabetic effects on male reproduction, erectile dysfunction, ..
- 2012 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceLEO GIAMBARRESI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Chair of Research at the University of Kentucky and past-president of the SBUR;and Allen Seftel, MD, the Head of Urology and the Director of Residency Training at Cooper University...
- Computer Modeled Multiportal Approaches to the Skull BaseKris Moe; Fiscal Year: 2013..A multidisciplinay team of engineers and surgeons from subspecialties including otolaryngology, neurosurgery, urology and robotic surgery, and orbital surgery has been assembled...
- Protein-Crystal Molecular Recognition in BiomineralizationPatrick S Stayton; Fiscal Year: 2012..development of calcification inhibitors and promoters that could impact the dental field, as well as orthopedics, urology, and the cardio- vascular fields...
- Mayo Clinic Urology O'Brien Research CenterJohn C Lieske; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER BIOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMAnn Roman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several also have primary appointments in Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, or Urology. The preceptors are highly interactive, collaborating in both the research and teaching arenas...
- Pelvic floor Disorders Network-Data Coordinating CenterCATHERINE A SPINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..the pelvic floor disorders network brings together experienced investigators from biostatistics, urogynecology, urology, quality of life and health services research to prospectively assess the outcomes from various surgical ..
- Novel Antiangiogenic Peptides for Treatment of Exudative AMDNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2013..in collaboration with the Northwestern University Chemistry of Life Processes Institute, Biomedical Engineering, Urology, and Pediatrics, and the University of Nebraska Center for Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine, proposes to increase ..
- University of Pittsburgh Urologic Training Program for ScientistsZhou Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Urology Department and Medical School provide superb infrastructure and facilities that trainees can take advantage of...
- Mechanical Stress and the Heat-Treatment of Soft TissueJAY HUMPHREY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Heat is used, e.g., in cardiology, dermatology, gynecology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, and urology. Recent uniaxial studies in our lab reveal that whereas increasing temperature hastens the thermal-damage process,..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BIRTH DEFECTSJeanne Manson; Fiscal Year: 2001..for human disease, and there is a rich source of case and control infants for the proposed study in the Pediatric Urology Division of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia...
- High Performance Single Crystal Ultrasound Device for Medical ImagingJian Tian; Fiscal Year: 2009..MHz) ultrasonic transducers have been widely used in areas including cardiac, pediatrics, abdomen, vascular and urology. On the other hand, high frequency (>20 MHz) ultrasonic transducers produce images of high resolution in both ..
- CT fluoroscopy guided robotically assisted lung biopsyKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..collaboration between the Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center at Georgetown University and the Urology Robotics (URobotics) Laboratory at The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions to develop a robotic system for ..
- CT fluoroscopy guided robotically assisted lung biopsyKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2003..collaboration between the Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center at Georgetown University and the Urology Robotics (URobotics) Laboratory at The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions to develop a robotic system for ..
- MEDICAL THERAPY IN BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIAMichael Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Urology and Clinical Trials Program of the NIH NIDDK appropriately has developed a prospective randomized clinical ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkChristopher Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007This application proposes that Stanford University Center for Female Urology and NeuroUrology participate as one of several National Clinical Centers in a cooperative effort to develop clinical trials for the study of interstitial ..
- Clinical Trials Network-Female Pelvic Floor DisordersDirk Kieback; Fiscal Year: 2003..Close collaboration among the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urology, and Surgery combined with a large public and private patient population will facilitate subject enrollment...
- First World Congress on Spina Bifida Research and CareTimothy Brei; Fiscal Year: 2009..Bifida will be examined through a multidisciplinary perspective, including that of specialists in neurosurgery, urology, orthopedics, nutrition, genetics, epidemiology, physiatry, nursing, and social work...
- A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmia: A Robotic Catheter for EShaphan Jernigan; Fiscal Year: 2009..the potential to impact a variety of medical fields, including cardiology, cardiac surgery, pediatric surgery and urology. The ultimate goal (Phases I and II) is to develop an SMA-actuated robotic catheter capable of navigating open ..
- Urinary Incontinence in Older Men Post ProstatectomyJoanne Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2006..provided by applicant): A three-year program of intensive, multidisciplinary, mentored training and research in urology is proposed...