Genomes and Genes
Summary: A medical-surgical specialty concerned with the physiology and disorders primarily of the female genital tract, as well as female endocrinology and reproductive physiology.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Patients' experiences of abuse in health care: a Nordic study on prevalence and associated factors in gynecological patientsKatarina Swahnberg
Division of Gender and Medicine, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden, and Department of Gynecology, St Olav Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:349-56. 2007..The present study aimed to map prevalence of abuse in health care (AHC), and associated variables among new victims and revictimised patients...
- Guidelines for obstetrical practice in Japan: Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (JSOG) and Japan Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (JAOG) 2011 editionHisanori Minakami
Department of Obstetrics, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15 W7 Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1174-97. 2011Clinical guidelines for obstetrical practice were first published by the Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (JSOG) and the Japan Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (JAOG) in 2008, and a revised version was published in ..
- Barriers to cervical cancer screening: a qualitative study with women in SerbiaMilica Markovic
Department of Public Health, Key Centre for Women s Health in Society, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Soc Sci Med 61:2528-35. 2005..We suggest how within the context of opportunistic screening patient education may be employed. The introduction of compulsory cervical cancer screening, suggested by some participants, is also discussed...
- The immninent dawn of SPRMs in obstetrics and gynecologyNathalie Chabbert-Buffet
Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine Department, AP HP, Hospital Tenon, UPMC Paris 06, Paris, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 358:232-43. 2012..Further perspectives for SPRMs use include long term estrogen free contraception, endometriosis treatment. However long term applications will be possible only after confirmation of endometrial safety...
- A mathematical model for interpretable clinical decision support with applications in gynecologyVanya M C A Van Belle
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e34312. 2012..The resulting models can be used to guide clinicians when deciding upon the appropriate treatment, estimating patient-specific risks and to improve communication with patients...
- Training and learning robotic surgery, time for a more structured approach: a systematic reviewH W R Schreuder
Division of Women and Baby, Department of Gynaecological Oncology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
BJOG 119:137-49. 2012..Robotic assisted laparoscopic surgery is growing rapidly and there is an increasing need for a structured approach to train future robotic surgeons...
- Progress testing in postgraduate medical educationM G K Dijksterhuis
Ikaziaziekenhuis, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Med Teach 31:e464-8. 2009..This implies that postgraduate assessment should include knowledge testing. Longitudinal assessment, like progress testing, seems a promising approach for postgraduate progress knowledge assessment...
- To the point: reviews in medical education--the Objective Structured Clinical ExaminationPetra M Casey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:25-34. 2009This article, the eighth in the To the Point Series prepared by the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Undergraduate Medical Education Committee, discusses the effectiveness of the Objective Structured Clinical ..
- Outcome and clinical management of 275 patients with advanced ovarian cancer International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology II to IV inside the European Ovarian Cancer Translational Research Consortium-OVCADRadoslav Chekerov
Department of Gynecology, European Competence Centre for Ovarian Cancer, Charite University Hospital, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:268-75. 2013..Here we present the main pathologic, surgical, and chemotherapy characteristics of the OVCAD patient cohort...
- Systematic evaluation of the teaching qualities of Obstetrics and Gynecology faculty: reliability and validity of the SETQ toolsRenée van der Leeuw
Department of Quality and Process Innovation, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e19142. 2011..This study validates two instruments underlying the System for Evaluation of Teaching Qualities (SETQ) aimed at measuring and improving the teaching qualities of obstetrics and gynecology faculty.
- Defensive medicine among high-risk specialist physicians in a volatile malpractice environmentDavid M Studdert
Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
JAMA 293:2609-17. 2005..How often physicians alter their clinical behavior because of the threat of malpractice liability, termed defensive medicine, and the consequences of those changes, are central questions in the ongoing medical malpractice reform debate...
- Burnout in chairs of obstetrics and gynecology: diagnosis, treatment, and preventionSteven G Gabbe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Division of Medical Administration, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:601-12. 2002The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of burnout in chairs of academic departments of obstetrics and gynecology, identify important stressors, and develop strategies to treat and prevent burnout.
- The importance of haptic feedback in laparoscopic suturing training and the additive value of virtual reality simulationSanne M B I Botden
Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 22:1214-22. 2008..Objective assessment is important to improve skills during training. This study focuses on the additive value of VR simulation for laparoscopic suturing training...
- Resident technical experience in obstetrics and gynecology before and after implementation of work-hour rulesRoger P Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Missouri Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:1166-71. 2010..To evaluate resident experience in obstetric and gynecologic procedures after implementation of resident work-hour restrictions...
- Academic differences among male and female candidates applying for obstetrics and gynecology residency: the experience of one programJustin S Brandt
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Surg Educ 70:439-42. 2013The purpose of this study was to identify academic differences between male and female candidates applying to our obstetrics and gynecology (OBGYN) residency.
- Development of a bench station objective structured assessment of technical skillsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:412-6. 2001..Our goal was to develop a less costly bench station objective structured assessment of technical skills and to evaluate the feasibility, reliability, and validity of this exam...
- Clinical research education study teams: a research curriculum for obstetric and gynecology residentsLinda Brubaker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:1403-7. 2011Research education is a requirement for obstetrics and gynecology residents. Most obstetrics and gynecology residencies struggle with barriers to efficient, effective research education and productivity for their residents...
- The impact of perceived gender bias on obstetrics and gynecology skills acquisition by third-year medical studentsSandra L Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology L466, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Acad Med 79:326-32. 2004To investigate the perceptions of third-year medical students about how their acquisition of skills during their obstetrics and gynecology clerkship may be affected by their gender.
- Assessment of physician-patient trust in the obstetrics and gynecology departments in Poland and GreeceElzbieta Krajewska-Kułak
Department of Integrated Medical Care, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Ginekol Pol 82:905-10. 2011To evaluate patient trust in their physicians of the obstetrics and gynecology departments.
- The role of robotic surgery in gynecologyArnold P Advincula
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:331-6. 2007To discuss the recent experience and feasibility of integrating robot-assisted technology into minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. Current applications in gynecology and their associated outcomes will be analyzed.
- Medical students' gender is a predictor of success in the obstetrics and gynecology basic clerkshipJessica L Bienstock
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Phipps 228, Baltimore, MD 21287 1228, USA
Teach Learn Med 14:240-3. 2002The objective of this study was to investigate whether a gender difference exists in student performance on any component of the grading scheme in an obstetrics and gynecology clerkship.
- Auditing the use of colposcopy versus general gynecology clinics to investigate women with postcoital or intermenstrual bleeding: a case for a new outpatient serviceVanessa N Harry
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Low Genit Tract Dis 11:108-11. 2007The aim of this audit was to determine whether initial referral to a general gynecology clinic (GOPD) or a colposcopy clinic is the most efficient means of managing women with postcoital (PCB) or intermenstrual (IMB) bleeding.
- Eating disorders in the 21st century: identification, management, and prevention in obstetrics and gynecologyKathryn J Zerbe
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail Code OPO2, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:331-43. 2007....
- Incorporating problem-based learning into an obstetrics/gynecology clerkship: impact on student satisfaction and gradesSally W Nalesnik
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1375-81. 2004..The purpose of this study was to describe the effect of the problem-based learning method on student grade and on student and faculty satisfaction...
- Contemporary clinical issues in outpatient obstetrics and gynecology: findings of the Collaborative Ambulatory Research Network, 2001-2004: part IIVictoria H Coleman
Department of Psychology, American University, Washington, DC, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 59:787-94. 2004..was created in 1990 to investigate issues pertinent to women's health and to the practice of obstetrics and gynecology in the outpatient setting...
- Obstetrics and gynecology medical student outcomes: longitudinal multispecialty clerkship versus traditional block rotationsLeighAnn C Frattarelli
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1800-4. 2004..To evaluate outcomes of students in a longitudinal clerkship...
- Attitudes of faculty and students toward case-based learning in the third-year obstetrics and gynecology clerkshipWendy F Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:644-7. 2005This study was undertaken to compare the attitudes of faculty and medical students toward case-based learning and lecture format during the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship.
- Cause and effect analysis of closed claims in obstetrics and gynecologyAndrew A White
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1031-8. 2005..Systematic analysis of obstetrics and gynecology-related risk management files allows a more complete examination of ways that human and systems factors may ..
- The recruitment phoenix: strategies for attracting medical students into obstetrics and gynecologyJessica L Bienstock
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1125-7. 2005In less than a decade, the popularity of obstetrics and gynecology as a career choice has declined significantly...
- Do women prefer care from female or male obstetrician-gynecologists? A study of patient gender preferenceAmy M Johnson
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 105:369-79. 2005To determine whether men should be encouraged to enter the medical specialty of obstetrics and gynecology.
- The influence of an audience response system on knowledge retention: an application to resident educationArchana Pradhan
Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 1977, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1827-30. 2005..of the study was to compare delivery methods of lecture material regarding contraceptive options by either traditional or interactive lecture style with the use of an audience response system with obstetrics and gynecology residents.
- High-dimensional biology in obstetrics and gynecology: functional genomics in microarray studiesRoberto Romero
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:360-3. 2006
- Gender differences in final year medical students' experience of teaching of intimate examinations: a questionnaire studyA Akkad
Department of Medical and Social Care Education, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
BJOG 115:625-32. 2008..To examine final year medical students' experience of being taught to conduct intimate examinations...
- Development of an objective structured assessment of technical skills for obstetric and gynecology residentsB A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195 6460, USA
Obstet Gynecol 96:146-50. 2000To develop an objective structured assessment for evaluating surgical skills of obstetrics and gynecology residents and to evaluate the reliability and validity of the assessment.
- Missed opportunities in cardiovascular disease prevention?: low rates of hypertension recognition for women at medicine and obstetrics-gynecology clinicsJulie Schmittdiel
Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Division of Research, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Hypertension 57:717-22. 2011Younger women use both internal medicine and obstetrics-gynecology (OBGYN) clinics as primary sources of health care. However, the role of OBGYN clinics in cardiovascular disease prevention is largely unexplored...
- Resident duty-hour restrictions and their effect on operative experience in obstetrics and gynecologyJohn A Occhino
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Obstet Invest 72:73-8. 2011To determine the effect of duty-hour restrictions on the operative experience of obstetrics and gynecology residents.
- Validity and utility of the PRIME-MD patient health questionnaire in assessment of 3000 obstetric-gynecologic patients: the PRIME-MD Patient Health Questionnaire Obstetrics-Gynecology StudyR L Spitzer
Biometrics Research Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 183:759-69. 2000..This study was undertaken to determine the prevalence of mental disorders among obstetric-gynecologic patients and to assess the validity and utility of the PRIME-MD Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) in this population...
- Ethical concerns and career satisfaction in obstetrics and gynecology: a review of recent findings from the Collaborative Ambulatory Research NetworkVictoria A Farrow
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC 20024, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 66:572-9. 2011..The easing of malpractice insurance and threat of litigation may enhance career satisfaction among ob-gyns. This article will discuss related findings in recent years...
- Physician's gender, communication style, patient preferences and patient satisfaction in gynecology and obstetrics: a systematic reviewSabine M Janssen
Department of Primary Care and Community Care, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 89:221-6. 2012..Review of studies published in the last 10 years about women seeking gynecological- or obstetrical care and physician's gender in relation to patient preferences, differences in communication style and patient satisfaction...
- Obstetrics/gynecology residents' knowledge of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer and Lynch syndromeKaylene J Ready
Department of Breast Medical Oncology Unit 1354, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, PO Box 301439, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Cancer Educ 25:401-4. 2010..Obstetrics/gynecology residents completed a test which evaluated their knowledge of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer and Lynch ..
- The effect of student gender on the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship experienceJudy C Chang
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:87-92. 2010To explore the effects of the students' gender on their perception of quality and quantity of teaching, the amount of experiential learning, and their interest in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Adolescent medicine: attitudes, training, and experience of pediatric, family medicine, and obstetric-gynecology residentsRebecca Kershnar
Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency, Martinez, California, USA
Yale J Biol Med 82:129-41. 2009..This study sought to assess and compare pediatric, family medicine (FM), and obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) resident perceptions of their responsibility, training, and experience with providing comprehensive ..
- Do women medical students outperform men in obstetrics and gynecology?P M Krueger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford 08084, USA
Acad Med 73:101-2. 1998To determine whether there is a difference between the performances of women and men students in the study of obstetrics and gynecology.
- Medical student self-reported confidence in obstetrics and gynaecology: development of a core clinical competencies documentKristen Pierides
Medical School, The University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide 5005, Australia
BMC Med Educ 13:62. 2013....
- [Profile of denounced physicians that practice obstetrics and gynecology in the state of São Paulo]Krikor Boyaciyan
Conselho Regional de Medicina do Estado de São Paulo, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Rua Nebraska 199, Sao Paulo SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 52:144-7. 2006..Evaluate the number of ethical and professional complaints involving obstetricians and gynecologists (OBGYNs) and the profile of the physicians denounced...
- On the use of classical naturopathy and complementary medicine procedures in hospitals and clinics practicing gynecology and obstetrics in Germany. Results of a questionnaire surveyA M Beer
Department of True Naturopathy, Blankenstein Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke, Witten Herdecke, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 55:73-81. 2003..An important aim of this study was to establish to what extent women's hospitals and clinics in Germany adopt complementary medicine and naturopathy as a means of treatment and how often they are used and by whom...
- Future abortion provision among US graduating obstetrics and gynecology residents, 2004Rebecca H Allen
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Contraception 81:531-6. 2010This study was conducted to identify characteristics associated with US obstetric and gynecology graduating residents' intention to provide pregnancy termination services in their clinical practice.
- Teaching critical appraisal to medical students in obstetrics and gynecologyD A Grimes
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Obstet Gynecol 92:877-82. 1998..Despite its importance, this issue has received little attention in obstetrics and gynecology training. This article describes the approach used at San Francisco General Hospital...
- Nullified: women's perceptions of being abused in health careKatarina Swahnberg
Division of Gender and Medicine, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 28:161-7. 2007..In the present study we chose a qualitative approach. Our aim was to develop a more in-depth understanding of AHC; as experienced by female Swedish patients...
- Improved performance and student satisfaction after implementation of a problem-based preclinical obstetrics and gynecology curriculumPetra M Casey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1874-8. 2005This study was undertaken to assess student performance and satisfaction as a preclinical obstetrics and gynecology course changed from a didactic to a problem-based format.
- [A 35 year period review of the perinatal mortality in a gynecology-obstetric unit]Ricardo Jorge Hernández-Herrera
Hospital de Ginecoobstetricia 23, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico richdzher hotmail com
Rev Med Inst Mex Seguro Soc 47:353-6. 2009..To estimate the perinatal mortality rates over a 35 year period in neonates 22 weeks' gestation or above 500 g at birth until seven days postdelivery...
- Evaluating the competency of gynecology residents in the operating room: validation of a new assessment toolBetty Chou
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:571.e1-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to develop and validate a brief, reliable rating scale to measure resident surgical competency...
- Relative importance of gender in patients' selection of an obstetrics and gynecology providerMatthew W Guile
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of OBGYN, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Conn Med 71:325-32. 2007
- Factors related to retention of postgraduate trainees in obstetrics-gynecology at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in GhanaYvette Clinton
Health Research and Policy Division, CNA, Alexandria, Virginia, USA
Acad Med 85:1564-70. 2010..The authors investigated factors that led obstetrics-gynecology (ob/gyn) residents at a university-based academic training program at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (Accra, ..
- Physicians' knowledge of future vascular disease in women with preeclampsiaBrett Young
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertens Pregnancy 31:50-8. 2012....
- Patient safety in obstetrics and gynecology: the call to armsWilliam A Grobman
Obstet Gynecol 108:1058-9. 2006
- Does physician attire influence patient satisfaction in an outpatient obstetrics and gynecology setting?Richard L Fischer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:186.e1-5. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine whether physician attire played a role in patient satisfaction after a new obstetrician/gynecologist encounter...
- Correlating virtual reality and box trainer tasks in the assessment of laparoscopic surgical skillsJordan Newmark
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:546.e1-4. 2007....
- Strategies of preventing ureteral iatrogenic injuries in obstetrics-gynecologyM Cîrstoiu
Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 5:277-9. 2012..However, the surgical interventions in Obstetrics and Gynecology are responsible for 50% of the total iatrogenic ureteral lesions...
- A comprehensive review to establish priority learning objectives for medical students in the obstetrics and gynecology clerkshipSonya S Erickson
University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:563.e1-9. 2008This study was undertaken to describe the process used to identify, externally validate, and establish the priority learning objectives for medical students on the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship.
- Survey of robotic surgery training in obstetrics and gynecology residencyJoseph M Gobern
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:755-60. 2011To examine the status of resident training in robotic surgery in obstetrics and gynecology programs in the United States, an online survey was emailed to residency program directors of 247 accredited programs identified through the ..
- Management of women referred to an acute gynecology unit: impact of an ultrasound-based model of careT Bignardi
Acute Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy Unit, Nepean Centre for Perinatal Care, Nepean Clinical School, University of Sydney, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, Sydney, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:344-8. 2010..To assess the impact of the introduction of an ultrasound-based model of care for women with acute gynecological complications...
- Do factors that are important during obstetrics and gynecology residency program selection differ by applicant gender?Francis S Nuthalapaty
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1540-3. 2005The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between applicant gender and factors that influence obstetrics and gynecology residency program selection.
- The essential elements of undergraduate medical education in obstetrics and gynecology: a comparison of the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Medical Student Educational Objectives and the National Board of Medical Examiners Subject EMaya M Hammoud
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1773-9. 2005The objective of this study was to investigate whether the essential elements of the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) Medical Student Educational Objectives were adequately represented on the National Board of ..
- Colposcopic accuracy of obstetrics and gynecology residentsMargaret E Baum
Division of General Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Hospital Plaza, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:966-70. 2006The objective of our study was to determine the accuracy of gynecology residents' colposcopic impressions.
- Educational games in an obstetrics and gynecology core curriculumSharon O'Leary
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1848-51. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare learning satisfaction and effectiveness using traditional lecture or educational game in teaching medical students about ectopic pregnancy...
- Use of hematopoietic stem cells in obstetrics and gynecologyRukset Attar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Yeditepe University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 38:245-51. 2008Stem cells can be used in different areas of obstetrics and gynecology. Adult stem cells are specialized cells found within many tissues of the body where they function in tissue homeostasis and repair...
- Ghana postgraduate obstetrics/gynecology collaborative residency training program: success story and model for AfricaCecil A Klufio
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Ghana Medical School
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:692-6. 2003..We describe a residency program in Ghana that was developed to train obstetrics/gynecologist specialists for Ghana and the subregion to promote and manage the reproductive health of women and to reduce a high maternal mortality rate...
- A patient-centered health care delivery system by a university obstetrics and gynecology departmentGarland D Anderson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:205-10. 2005..Our experience has shown that patient-centered care can be a viable business strategy to maintain and expand patient volumes and will work even where there are serious geographic disadvantages...
- Attitudes of obstetrics and gynecology residents toward abortion participation: a Philadelphia area surveyRichard L Fischer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
Contraception 72:200-5. 2005The objective of this study was to evaluate the willingness of Philadelphia obstetrics and gynecology residents to participate in three abortion procedures for various fetal conditions.
- Duty hours and pregnancy outcome among residents in obstetrics and gynecologySteven G Gabbe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:948-51. 2003To assess the present status of resident duty hours in obstetrics and gynecology, identify existing policies concerning work schedules during pregnancy, and evaluate pregnancy outcome in female house officers.
- Utilization of preoperative urodynamic investigations by gynecologists who frequently operate for female urinary incontinencePaul M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:282-7; discussion 286-7. 2003..There are differences in utilization between subspecialists and generalists that are not explained by access. These observations could be explained by poor understanding or a lack of belief in the value of urodynamic investigations...
- Direct observation as a tool for needs assessment of resident teaching skills in the ambulatory settingNadine T Katz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:684-7. 2003..This study was undertaken to develop and test a tool for direct observation of resident clinical teaching skills as a needs assessment before designing programs to improve teaching...
- Validity of using Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) program to assess laparoscopic competence for gynecologistsBin Zheng
Centre of Excellence for Surgical Education and Innovation, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Surg Endosc 24:152-60. 2010..This study was designed to investigate the validity of using the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) program to assess laparoscopic competence among gynecologists...
- Simulation training improves resident performance in operative hysteroscopic resection techniquesElizabeth R Burchard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:542.e1-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a simulated training scenario improved resident performance in operative hysteroscopic resection...
- Addressing depression in obstetrics/gynecology practiceSarah Hudson Scholle
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 25:83-90. 2003..to improve the care of depression in primary care patients have largely ignored the potential of obstetrics/gynecology (OB/GYN) practices...
- Description and validation of the Pelv-Sim: a training model designed to improve gynecologic minimally invasive suturing skillsDeborah Arden
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:707-11. 2008....
- Robotic surgical training program in gynecology: how to train residents and fellowsElizabeth J Geller
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7570, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:224-9. 2011..Third- and fourth-year residents and first-year fellows in obstetrics and gynecology participated...
- Perceptions of operating room learning experiences during the obstetrics and gynecology clerkshipBrittany Star Hampton
Alpert Medical School of Brown University Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, RI 02905, USA
J Surg Educ 68:377-81. 2011..There is little published describing curriculum development for the medical student in the operating room (OR)...
- Obstetrics and gynecology resident education in tobacco, alcohol, and drug use disordersBeth Potter
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 777 South Mills Street, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 30:583-99, viii. 2003..Residents also need to know that brief interventions can reduce risky behaviors even if they do not result in abstinence...
- Evaluation of logistic regression reporting in current obstetrics and gynecology literatureRafael T Mikolajczyk
Epidemiology Branch, The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7510, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:413-9. 2008To evaluate the quality of logistic regression reporting in the obstetrics and gynecology literature.
- Creating an ideal objective structured clinical exam for an obstetrics and gynecology medical student clerkshipSally W Nalesnik
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1544-50. 2005The objective of the study was to describe our experience with the Objective Structured Clinical Exam during the third-year obstetrics/gynecology clerkship.
- Prophylactic antibiotics in obstetrics-gynecology: a current asset, a future liability?William J Ledger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, J 130, New York, NY 10021, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:957-64. 2006..These problems have not been addressed by the current prophylactic antibiotic strategies...
- Toxoplasmosis prevention and testing in pregnancy, survey of obstetrician-gynaecologistsJ L Jones
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vectorborne, and Enteric Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 57:27-33. 2010..gondii serological testing, particularly the Toxoplasma avidity test. US obstetrician-gynaecologists are providing beneficial counselling to their patients, but could provide more information about undercooked meat and soil risks...
- Logistic regression models in obstetrics and gynecology literatureK S Khan
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 93:1014-20. 1999To evaluate the reporting of multivariable logistic regression analyses and assess variations in quality over time in the obstetrics and gynecology literature.
- Massive blood loss and transfusion in obstetrics and gynecologyJoseph T Santoso
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The West Clinic, University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, Tennessee 38120, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 60:827-37. 2005..Therefore, it is important for physicians specializing in obstetrics and gynecology to be proficient in managing episodes of massive hemorrhage and the practice of the most commonly used blood ..
- Medical student evaluation of teaching quality between obstetrics and gynecology residents and faculty as clinical preceptors in ambulatory gynecologyNatasha R Johnson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1479-83. 2006This study was undertaken to compare teaching quality between obstetrics/gynecology resident and faculty preceptors in ambulatory gynecology as determined by medical student evaluation.
- Application of the human genome to obstetrics and gynecologyTrevor Woodage
Celera Genomics, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:711-29; discussion 730-2. 2002
- Small-group discussion versus lecture format for third-year students in obstetrics and gynecologyRichard L Fischer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:349-53. 2004To compare lecture and small-group discussion for third-year medical students in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Surgical skills assessment: a blinded examination of obstetrics and gynecology residentsBarbara A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, 98195 6460, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:613-7. 2002..Our goal was to establish the feasibility, reliability, and validity of our surgical skills assessment instrument when administered in a blinded fashion...
- New technologies for reproductive medicine: laparoscopy, endoscopy, robotic surgery and gynecology. A review of the literatureJ E Cho
St Luke s Roosevelt Medical Center, New York, NY 10019, USA
Minerva Ginecol 62:137-67. 2010..In gynecology, this machine has been applied in several applications, in the fields of benign gynecology, reproductive ..
- Physician and patient attitudes towards complementary and alternative medicine in obstetrics and gynecologyMandi L Furlow
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:35. 2008In the U.S., complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use is most prevalent among reproductive age, educated women. We sought to determine general attitudes and approaches to CAM among obstetric and gynecology patients and physicians.
- The integration of genomics into obstetrics and gynecology: a HuGE challengeMuin J Khoury
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1503-5. 2006
- [Prescription and drug expenditure in gynecology and obstetrics in Northwest medical units from IMSS]Luis Guillermo Torres Gómez
Departamento de Embarazo de Alto Riesgo, Unidad Medica de Alta Especialidad, Hospital de Gineco Obstetricia, CMNO, IMSS
Ginecol Obstet Mex 74:410-7. 2006Drug prescription is the most frequent medical intervention in Gynecology and Obstetrics; however, studies of prescription profile are limited...
- Burnout, depression, and career satisfaction: cross-sectional study of obstetrics and gynecology residentsJulie L Becker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1444-9. 2006This study was undertaken to measure career satisfaction among obstetrics and gynecology residents and assess its relationship to burnout, depression, and malpractice concerns.
- Prevalence of probable overactive bladder in a private obstetrics and gynecology group practiceKenneth Finkelstein
Women s Healthcare of Illinois, Evergreen Park, IL 60805, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1083-90. 2008..To examine the prevalence of probable overactive bladder (OAB) in black, Hispanic, and white women...
- The evolving gender gap in general obstetrics and gynecologySusan E Gerber
Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1427-30. 2006The purpose of this study was to analyze the trend in subspecialization among men graduating from obstetrics and gynecology residency programs.
- Simulation in obstetrics and gynecologyRoxane Gardner
Department of Obstetrics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 35:97-127, ix. 2008..of task-oriented and behavioral skills across the spectrum of medical specialties, including obstetrics and gynecology. Since the 1990s, the profession of obstetrics and gynecology has come to appreciate the value of simulation and ..
- Research methodology and analytic techniques used in the Journal Obstetrics & GynecologyLindsay Dauphinee
Division of Research and the George Anderson Outcomes Measurement Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women and Infants Hospital, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:808-12. 2005To quantify trends over time in the research methodology and statistical reporting of published articles in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology between the years 1991 and 2001.
- Seroprevalence and correlates of herpes simplex virus type-2 infection in a general gynecology clinicNandita Maitra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Government Medical College, Surat, India
Arch Gynecol Obstet 275:19-23. 2007..The objective of this paper was to assess the seroprevalence of HSV-2 in a low risk population and to validate the use of reported symptoms and clinical signs as a possible diagnostic tool to screen for HSV-2...
- Differing symptoms of abused versus nonabused women in obstetric-gynecology settingsStacey H Kovac
Center for Outcomes and Effectiveness Research and Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:707-13. 2003The purpose of this study was to document the prevalence rates of reported abuse in obstetric/gynecology settings and to characterize physical symptoms, function, and psychologic distress of women who report abuse.
- Yale Drug Abuse, Addiction, and HIV Research Scholars (Yale-DAHRS)PATRICK O'CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..traditional clinical sciences of internal medicine, emergency medicine, HIV medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and psychology;(5) Established clinical research laboratories, including the Yale-New Haven ..
- Transposons in Female Reproductive Health and DiseaseZev Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..Paul Wassarman, where he studied the mammalian oocyte. He completed residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the Brigham and Women's Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital and is in the last year of fellowship ..
- Neuroendocrine Contribution to Behavior &Cognition in the Female LifespanC NEILL NEILL EPPERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the full support of both the Departments of Psychiatry and Obstetrics/Gynecology at Penn, I am situated in an intellectually rich and supportive academic community that is certain to further my ..
- HIV Implementation Science Research Training ProgramArthur L Reingold; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. Medicine, Dentistry, Medical Microbiology, Pediatrics and Child Health, Community Health, and Obstetrics and Gynecology) in both the short and long term, enabling it to fill some of the many currently vacant faculty positions with ..
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Pregnant Women with Depressive DisorderDeborah Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..educator and mentor focusing on patient-oriented research at the interface between psychiatry and obstetrics and gynecology. In order to meet these goals, the application provides a detailed description of 5 training modules including 1)..
- NICHD INTERNATIONAL & DOMESTIC PEDIATRIC &MATERNAL HIV STUDIES COORDINATING CTRCAROL NESEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NICHD Network expanded to include sites with more expertise in obstetrics/gynecology and adolescent medicine, as well as international trial sites in Latin America...
- Predictors of Prenatal Care Providers Counseling Women on Tobacco Use/ExposureBETH LEONG PINELES; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) recommend that physicians counsel all patients about tobacco use...
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other medical areas benefitting from this research include urology, neurology, gynecology, arthroscopy etc. for the next generation cystoscopy, neuroendoscopy, laparoscopy, etc...
- Risk of Cancer in Incidental Findings Identified on Ultrasound ImagingRebecca Smith-Bindman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rebecca Smith-Bindman is an Associate Professor of Radiology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and director of the Universities&..
- Intratesticular Sex Steroids and Spermatogenesis in ManMARA YVONNE ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Division of Endocrinology, as well as external advisors in the Departments of Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Epidemiology...
- Impact of Pregnancy on Drug Absorption, Disposition and End Organ ResponseSteve N Caritis; Fiscal Year: 2013..A recent call from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology encouraged research to define the proper dosing and formulation for progestin use in pregnancy...
- Vaginal microbiota, immune responses and vulvovaginal symptoms during menopauseRebecca M Brotman; Fiscal Year: 2013..By bringing together multidisciplinary expertise in bioinformatics, epidemiology, genomics, gynecology, microbiology and statistics, this study will be able to provide critical descriptive data on (1) differences in ..
- Mid Career Award in Patient Oriented Pelvic Floor ResearchHolly E Richter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Richter, PhD, MD, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the School of Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and research director of the ..
- Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy in Burns and TraumaLyle L Moldawer; Fiscal Year: 2013..healing and the burn wound, The faculty will be drawn from funded basic scientists in the Surgery, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, and Molecular Genetics and Microbiology Departments, who will serve as research mentors to the trainees...
- State-of-the-Art PET/CT InstrumentationRichard E Carson; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the Departments of Cardiology, Diagnostic Radiology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Therapeutic Radiology...
- Defining Transition from Fetal to Adult T Cell Predominance in the Human Fetus TREVOR DEON BURT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Susan Fisher, a Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, who has specific expertise in human HSPC biology;and Dr...
- Biosignature of the endometrium in women with endometriosisNeil Sidell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Combining biomarker platforms developed by RayBiotech and high quality specimens from the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, we hope to identify a biosignature of the endometrium of ..
- The Role of Biglycan in ReproductionBEATRICE ELIZABETH LECHNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..thesis consisted of prostaglandin reproductive biology research, completed internship training in obstetrics/gynecology at Nordwest Hospital, fellowship training at Brown University Women and Infants'Hospital...
- Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Women With Gestational DiabetesCatherine Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..She currently practices women's health care in Obstetrics &Gynecology, and she is interested in a research career improving the quality of care for women with glucose intolerance...
- Acceptability and feasbility of the HPV vaccine schedule in female sex workersBRANDON JOHN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Women with abnormal cytology will be referred to an Obstetrics and Gynecology specialist...
- REPRODUCTIVE EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): The Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CCEB) and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, collaborating with the Division of Neonatology, Department ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN VISION SCIENCEW Clay Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Neuroscience, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pharmacology...
- State-of-the-Art Small Animal PET/CT InstrumentationRichard E Carson; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Biomedical Engineering, Cardiology, Diagnostic Radiology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Therapeutic Radiology...
- Short-Term Research Training: Students in Health Professional SchoolsJohn N Forrest; Fiscal Year: 2013..and biochemistry, molecular, cellular &developmental biology, neurology, neurosurgery, obstetrics &gynecology, orthopaedics &rehabilitation, pathology, pediatrics (cardiology and critical care/applied physiology, human ..
- Immunization Delivery in Obstetrics and Gynecology SettingsAmanda F Dempsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. and will also be used to develop a vaccination implementation plan ("toolkit") to be made available to control practices and obstetrician-gynecologist practices throughout the U.S. ..
- A Test of an Intervention to Improve Pap Testing Among Women with HIVJeanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..to address adherence issues were implemented, including nurse case- management, co-location of HIV and gynecology services, flexible scheduling, and continuity of care...
- Preterm Birth in Nulliparous Women: An Understudied Population at Great RiskRobert M Silver; Fiscal Year: 2013..This infrastructure, termed the Obstetrics and Gynecology Research Network, employs almost 70 experienced individuals allowing for flexibility, efficiency, and quality in ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKYolanda R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine includes 6 Board Certified clinicians in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology or Urology...
- Individualization of nifedipine dosing for preterm laborSara K Quinney; Fiscal Year: 2013..D., Ph.D., is a clinical pharmacologist and Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM). Dr...
- Meharry Occupational Medicine Residency Training ProgramSangita Chakrabarty; Fiscal Year: 2010..The first year of the program includes clinical rotations in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics &Gynecology, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, and Neurology...
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network UNC Clinical SiteANNE ZWEIFEL STEINER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has 31 ongoing research projects that include 3 ROIs, 3 U-type awards, and multiple contracts and subcontracts, ..
- Psychological Effects of Spiritually Integrated Therapy for Infertile WomenSHIQUINA L ANDREWS; Fiscal Year: 2012..2) We will recruit 40 infertile women from a university-affiliated infertility an gynecology clinics to implement the intervention...
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND NEONATAL BIOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMDavid K Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Genetics, Microbiology and Immunol- ogy, Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Neurobiology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Cross-fertilization of ideas are encouraged that will enrich the research of the basic and the clinically-..
- Novel Pelvic Floor Pain Measures to Enhance Female Pelvic Pain EvaluationFRANK FU SHENG TU; Fiscal Year: 2012..A two part-program is proposed. First, under a structured program of mentorship (drawn from gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, psychology, physiology, and neurology) he will study relevant pain physiology and ..
- MOTOR-Maternal Oral Therapy to Reduce Obstetric RiskSTEVEN NMN OFFENBACHER; Fiscal Year: 2010..mothers at 3 medical/dental centers (UNC/Duke, UAB &UTHSCSA) that combine both periodontal and Obstetrics/Gynecology clinical trial expertise...
- CONFERENCE ON NATIVE MATERNAL/CHILD HEALTH: PREVENTION OF BIRTH DEFECTS, HEALTH PYVONNE MALLOY; Fiscal Year: 2011..be given resources and publications from ACOG that are the standard of care for the country in obstetrics and gynecology. Conference speakers are chosen for their expertise in topics being offered, and for their teaching skills, as ..
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Functioning for Female Pelvic Floor DisordersVivian W Sung; Fiscal Year: 2013Vivian Sung, MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a urogynecologist whose career goal is to improve the quality of patient-reported outcome measures (PROs) and ultimately patient care in female pelvic floor ..
- Northwestern University-University of Chicago HSR Postdoctoral Training ProgramJANE LOUISE HOLL; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Surgery)...
- Cognitive Functioning Following Ovarian Removal Before or After Natural MenopauseKeiko Kurita; Fiscal Year: 2012..Supporters for this project, who are well-respected experts in cognitive functioning and diseases, sex hormones, gynecology, and biostatistics, will guide this interdisciplinary project and the applicant's scholarly development...
- Maternal markers and prediction of preeclampsiaLorraine Dugoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the University of Colorado Department of OB-GYN Database and a database from the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Maryland...
- The Genomic and Functional Consequences of Trophoblast AneuploidyY KATHERINE BIANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Katherine Bianco, an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr...
- Male Reproductive Health Research Career Development ProgramPeter R Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..The program has been designed to recruit the most qualified candidates, nationally, from urology, gynecology/reproductive endocrinology and general endocrinology backgrounds, through an established University of ..
- DIABETES, ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISMAndrew R Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2013..includes 12 investigators from 5 departments- Medicine/Endocrinology, Pediatrics/Endocrinology, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, Urology, and Developmental Biology- whose interests converge on 3 endocrine themes...
- UCLA Clinical Pharmacology Training ProgramBARBARA ANN LEVEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Care Medicine, internal Medicine (Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, (Allergy/Immunology), Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery), Pediatrics (Gastroenterology, Liver Transplantation, Immunotherapy, ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISMRichard J Auchus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Department of Internal Medicine, with electives in Pediatric Endocrinology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Endocrine Surgery, Neurosurgery and Urology...
- Multidisciplinary approaches to reproductive health in global health contextXu Qian; Fiscal Year: 2010..led by School of Public Health, Fudan University in collaboration with our university affiliated Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Children's Hospital and urological department in Zhongshan Hospital, The Shanghai Institute of ..
- Preterm Birth in Nulliparous Women: An Understudied Population at Great RiskDeborah A Wing; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Wing directs the UCI Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and oversees its fellowship and clinical research mission. Dr...
- Training Program in Perinatal Biology and MedicineWilliam W Hay; Fiscal Year: 2013..preparation for academic careers in reproductive medicine within departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics &-Gynecology or in basic science departments with direct links to the clinical departments...
- Tandem Instrumented Treadmill for Accurate Assessment of in-vivo Joint KineticsANDREW EDWARD ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Computational Biomechanics, Orthopaedics, Physical Therapy, Bioengineering/Neural Interfaces, and Obstetrics and Gynecology or are pursuing funding in: Exercise and Sport Science, Mechanical Engineering and Ergonomics and Biology...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia and Nocturnal Hot Flashes in MenopauseSara Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2012..issues), we propose to evaluate the efficacy and effectiveness of the intervention delivered by nurses in gynecology clinics, where women receive routine care...
- Career Development in Women's Health (CDWH)Andrea Dunaif; Fiscal Year: 2013..They are based in seven departments in Feinberg School of Medicine (Medicine, Neurology, Obstetrics &Gynecology, Preventive Medicine, and Psychiatry &Behavioral Sciences) and Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences (..
- Institute for Biogenesis Research: COBREWILLIAM S WARD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Through partnership with the clinical Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pacific IVF Institute, we will support translational projects designed to advance the science of ..
- Biobehavioral Determinants of the Microbiome and Preterm Birth in Black WomenAnne Lang Dunlop; Fiscal Year: 2013..of clinicians and basic and translational scientists representing expertise in infectious disease, obstetrics-gynecology, nutrition, genetics and epigenetics, stress physiology, epidemiology and informatics under the leadership of a ..
- A National Training Program in Reproductive MedicineChristos Coutifaris; Fiscal Year: 2013..is one of four subspecialty fellowships for advanced training after completion of a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Formal certification for this training in Reproductive Medicine is under the aegis of the Division of ..
- Multimodal Image-Guided Intervention System for Lung-Cancer Diagnosis and StagingWILLIAM EVAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..the proposed basic methods should be applicable to other areas, such as urology, gastroenterology, nephrology, gynecology, and neurology...
- ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIABETES TRAINING PROGRAMMark N Feinglos; Fiscal Year: 2012..either board-eligible or certified physicians who have trained in internal medicine, pediatrics, or obstetrics/gynecology, or non-physician graduates of science who wish to pursue careers in endocrine/metabolic research...
- Unhealthy Weight Control Behaviors and Obesity In Hispanic and non-Hispanic GirlsPATRICIA AMY VAN DEN BERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Candidate: Dr. van den Berg is an Assistant Professor and BIRCWH Scholar in the Department of Obstetrics &Gynecology at the University of Texas Medical Branch. Dr...
- Obesity and Urinary Incontinence (OUI)Leslee L Subak; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Leslee L. Subak, MD is Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology &Reproductive Sciences, Urology &Epidemiology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with an established ..
- Maternal-Offspring Metabolics: Family Intervention Trial (MOMFIT)LINDA VERNER VAN HORN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Northwestern Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology provides care for over 12,000 ethnically diverse obstetric patients a year, many of whom participate in clinical ..
- Reproductive Epidemiology Training Program at Washington University in St. LouisGeorge A Macones; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM) and the Mentored Training in Clinical Investigation (MTPCI) program propose an innovative research ..
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Health Services Research Training ProgramTIMOTHY RB JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..services and policy research careers focused on translating research to clinical practice in obstetrics and gynecology, and to challenge them to address key substantive and methodologic problems in the field...
- CHOICES+: Preconception approach to reducing alcohol &tobacco-exposed pregnancyMary Marden Velasquez; Fiscal Year: 2011..programs within HCHD and other healthcare systems will enable us to work closely with family medicine, gynecology, psychiatry, nursing, behavioral health, and other key units to assure successful study implementation...
- Mechanical Stress and the Heat-Treatment of Soft TissueJAY HUMPHREY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Heat is used, e.g., in cardiology, dermatology, gynecology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, and urology...
- MALE INFERTILITY: SPERM MOTILITY AND AXONEMAL STABILITYREGINA TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Center works in conjunction with the Division of Human Reproduction of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to apply basic research in reproductive biology to human infertility. Dr...
- FAS AND BC1-2 AND GRANULOSA CELL APOPTOSISNicholas Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2000Candidate. The candidate has been trained in obstetrics and gynecology and has completed a subspecialty fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology...
- METHYLATION-ASSOCIATED SILENCING OF MOUSE HSP70 GENESBenette Phillips; Fiscal Year: 1999..In this application, presented as an R29 application by a member of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr...
- Clinical Trials Network-Female Pelvic Floor DisordersDirk Kieback; Fiscal Year: 2003..Close collaboration among the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urology, and Surgery combined with a large public and private patient population will facilitate subject ..
- NEURONAL DYSFUNCTION IN PREMENSTRUAL DYSPHORIC DISORDERC Epperson; Fiscal Year: 2004After a year and a half on the faculty in the Departments of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, I find myself at a crossroads in my career development...
- MENTORING IN RESEARCH ON ENDOMETRIOSISAna Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2005Dr. Ana A. Murphy is a professor in Gynecology and Obstetrics and Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Emory University School of Medicine. Dr...