Summary: A subspecialty of Pediatrics concerned with the newborn infant.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Communicating with parents of premature infants: who is the informant?W J Kowalski
Department of Neonatology, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA 18105, USA
J Perinatol 26:44-8. 2006..To determine what sources of information are most helpful for neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) parents, who provides NICU parents with the information, and also what expectations parents have regarding obtaining information...
- Staff views on the management of the extremely preterm infantKoon L Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:142-7. 2006..To explore the opinions of different healthcare professionals about the use of interventions and outcome in extremely preterm labour...
- Clinical application of metabolomics in neonatologyVassilios Fanos
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Puericulture Institute and Neonatal Section, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:104-9. 2012..The use of metabolomics appears to be a promising tool in neonatology. The management of sick newborns might improve if more information on perinatal/neonatal maturational processes ..
- Pharma-metabolomics in neonatology: is it a dream or a fact?Vassilios Fanos
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Puericulture Institute and Neonatal Section, University of Cagliari, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 18:2996-3006. 2012..Metabolomics appears to be a new, very useful tool in neonatology, especially in the fields of pharma-metabolomics and nutri- metabolomics...
- Metabolomics in neonatology: fact or fiction?V Fanos
Department of Surgery, Section of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Puericulture Institute and Neonatal Section, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 18:3-12. 2013..description of background and technical procedures, is to analyse the clinical applications of metabolomics in neonatology, covering the following points: gestational age, postnatal age, type of delivery, zygosity, perinatal asphyxia, ..
- Physician counselling practices and decision-making for extremely preterm infants in the Pacific RimAlma M Martinez
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Franscisco, California 94110, USA
J Paediatr Child Health 41:209-14. 2005..We sought to determine the degree to which physician beliefs, parents' opinion and medical resources influence decision-making for infants at the margin of viability...
- Maternal anxiety: an emerging prognostic factor in neonatologyPhyllis Zelkowitz
Department of Psychiatry, SMBD Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Acta Paediatr 94:1704-5. 2005....
- A primer on quality improvement methodology in neonatologyDan L Ellsbury
Center for Research, Education, and Quality, Pediatrix Medical Group, 1301 Concord Terrace, Sunrise, FL 33323, USA
Clin Perinatol 37:87-99. 2010....
- Shared decision-making in neonatology: an utopia or an attainable goal?Ernesto d'Aloja
Forensic Science Department, Cagliari Teaching Hospital and University, SS 554 Bivio Sestu, Monserrato
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:56-8. 2010..On this basis can this model be implemented also in a Neonatology Intensive Care Unit where little patients are--by nature--incompetent, being the diagnostic/therapeutic choices ..
- Practicing neonatology in a blackout: the University Hospital NICU in the midst of Hurricane Katrina: caring for children without power or waterBrian M Barkemeyer
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatrics 117:S369-74. 2006
- Genomic analyses: a neonatology perspectiveC Michael Cotten
From the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Pediatr 148:720-6. 2006
- The impact of a new educational strategy on acquiring neonatology skillsI Treadwell
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Med Educ 36:441-8. 2002A shortage of staff for teaching neonatology skills to large numbers of students, in small groups and following a new curriculum, necessitated an innovative educational strategy...
- Current empirical research in neonatal bioethicsCameron H Swinton
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Acta Paediatr 99:1773-81. 2010Ethical dilemmas in neonatology can be analysed using both the theoretical tools of analytic philosophy and the empirical tools of clinical epidemiology and health services research...
- Using simulation to enhance the acquisition and retention of clinical skills in neonatologyJoDee M Anderson
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Semin Perinatol 35:59-67. 2011..Simulation can be used as an effective instructional strategy in achieving learner acquisition and retention of the cognitive, technical, and behavioral skills essential to optimal delivery of care in neonatology.
- Cochrane neonatal systematic reviews: a survey of the evidence for neonatal therapiesJohn C Sinclair
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University Medical Centre, Room 3N11F, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Clin Perinatol 30:285-304. 2003A survey is reported of 113 systematic reviews of therapies in neonatology, based on 559 eligible randomized trials in total. These reviews were prepared by the CNRG and were published in the Cochrane Library, Issue 3,2001...
- Neonatology/Paediatrics - Guidelines on Parenteral Nutrition, Chapter 13C Fusch
Dept of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Ger Med Sci 7:Doc15. 2009..If energy and nutrient demands in children and adolescents cannot be met through enteral nutrition, partial or total PN should be considered within 7 days or less depending on the nutritional state and clinical conditions...
- Moral dilemmas in neonatology as experienced by health care practitioners: a qualitative approachFlorence J van Zuuren
Department of Clinical Psychology, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15, 1018 WB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Med Health Care Philos 9:339-47. 2006During the last two decades there has been an enormous development in treatment possibilities in the field of neonatology, particularly for (extremely) premature infants...
- The evolution of neonatologyAlistair G S Philip
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Pediatr Res 58:799-815. 2005In 1960, the terms "neonatology" and "neonatologist" were introduced. Thereafter, an increasing number of pediatricians devoted themselves to full-time neonatology...
- Short-term rhythms of the cardiorespiratory system and their significance in neonatologyA Patzak
Institute of Physiology, Humboldt University of Berlin, University Hospital Charite, Germany
Chronobiol Int 16:249-68. 1999....
- Meta-analyses in systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials in perinatal medicine: comparison of fixed and random effects modelsJ Villar
UNDP/UNFPA/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Stat Med 20:3635-47. 2001....
- Training and retaining of underrepresented minority physician scientists - a Hispanic perspective: NICHD-AAP workshop on research in neonatologyM Valcarcel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, San Juan
J Perinatol 26:S49-52. 2006..Possible solutions, including recognition research awards, revision of NIH policies in awarding funds for neonatology, establishing strategies to improve minorities' acceptance, participation in research and increase accrual of ..
- Cochrane reviews in neonatology: past, present and futurePeter G Davis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Women s Hospital, 132 Grattan St, Carlton, Melbourne, VIC 3053, Australia
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 11:111-6. 2006..In future, the Neonatal Review Group needs to assist reviewers in developing countries to prepare reviews relevant to their settings that will reduce the global burden of neonatal mortality and morbidity...
- 'Do not resuscitate order' in neonatology: authority rulesL T Niebrój
Department of Philosophy and Pedagogy, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:485-92. 2007..However, who in a given case should decide ought to be inferred from the reasoning which assumes, as its premises, the medical and quality-of-life judgments. The 'logical' syntax of this reasoning is presented in this paper...
- Negative results and impact factor: a lesson from neonatologyYoav Littner
Department of Neonatology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weitzman Street, Tel Aviv, Israel 64239
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:1036-7. 2005..To test the hypothesis that articles with negative results are more likely than articles with positive results to be published in journals with lower impact factor...
- Evidence-based therapy in neonatology: distilling the evidence and applying it in practiceJ C Sinclair
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Acta Paediatr 93:1146-52. 2004Three aspects of the role of clinical evidence in guiding therapy in the field of neonatology are presented: 1) what is embodied in the concept "evidence-based medicine"? 2) the contribution of the Cochrane Collaboration and its Neonatal ..
- The French Society of Neonatology's proposals for neonatal end-of-life decision-makingC Dageville
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Division of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Nice, France
Neonatology 100:206-14. 2011..A recent change of the legal framework, together with an ongoing debate among French neonatologists, led the French Society of Neonatology to reconsider and update its previous recommendations.
- Changes in neonatology: comparison of two cohorts of very preterm infants (gestational age <32 weeks): the Project On Preterm and Small for Gestational Age Infants 1983 and the Leiden Follow-Up Project on Prematurity 1996-1997Gerlinde M S J Stoelhorst
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Pediatrics 115:396-405. 2005..To determine changes in peri- and neonatal care concerning neonatal mortality and morbidity by comparing 2 cohorts of very prematurely born infants (gestational age [GA] <32 weeks), 1 from the 1980s and 1 from the 1990s...
- Ethical dilemmas in neonatology: recommendations of the Ethics Working Group of the CESP (Confederation of European Specialists in Paediatrics)P J Sauer
Department of Paediatrics, Beatrix Children s Hospital, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 160:364-8. 2001..It is also clear that the principle "the best interests of the infant" can be interpreted in different ways; therefore no simple guideline is possible...
- Parenteral nutrition in neonatology--to standardize or individualize?Arieh Riskin
Department of Neonatology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:641-5. 2006..For those in need of the individualized PN formulations, a computerized ordering system can save time, decrease prescription and compounding errors, and improve quality of nutritional care...
- Modelling of heat and mass transfer processes in neonatologyMaciej K Ginalski
FLUENT Europe, Sheffield Business Park, Europa Link, Sheffield, UK
Biomed Mater 3:034113. 2008..of our recent applications of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to model heat and mass transfer problems in neonatology and investigates the major heat and mass transfer mechanisms taking place in medical devices such as incubators ..
- Consensus statement for the prevention and management of pain in the newbornK J Anand
MD, Arkansas Children s Hospital, S 431, 800 Marshall St, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:173-80. 2001..Despite the clinical importance of neonatal pain, current medical practices continue to expose infants to repetitive, acute, or prolonged pain...
- Reflections on errors in neonatology III. The "experienced" years, 1970 to 2000Alex F Robertson
Department of Pediatrics, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858 4354, USA
J Perinatol 23:240-9. 2003
- Changes in mortality for extremely low birth weight infants in the 1990s: implications for treatment decisions and resource useWilliam Meadow
Department of Pediatrics and MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 113:1223-9. 2004..We wondered how these medical advances had affected both the epidemiology and ethics of life and death for extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants in the NICU...
- Functional echocardiography: an emerging clinical tool for the neonatologistMartin Kluckow
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Pediatr 150:125-30. 2007
- 'I would rather have a few minutes with my baby alive than nothing at all'Nicholas Nicks
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Nurs Times 102:12. 2006
- Extremely preterm birth and parental authority to refuse treatment--the case of Sidney MillerGeorge J Annas
Department of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2118-23. 2004
- Longitudinal multicenter follow-up of high-risk infants: why, who, when, and what to assessBetty R Vohr
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Semin Perinatol 27:333-42. 2003..The Network's experience thus far suggests that longitudinal follow-up can provide valuable information about treatments given to fetuses and neonates...
- Neonatology and emerging trends in health insuranceMarjorie Schulman
Aetna, New York, New York 10016, USA
Am J Perinatol 20:433-9. 2003..Neonatologists need to become more knowledgeable about how the current crisis in cost for employer-funded health plans may affect their practice...
- [Development of neonatology: from amusement park entertainment to fetal medicine]Josef Milerad
Astrid Lindgrens barnsjukhus
Lakartidningen 101:98-102. 2004
- Operating on critically ill neonates: the OR or the NICUMilissa McKee
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Semin Perinatol 28:234-9. 2004..If these procedures are to be undertaken, significant planning is required to ensure a good outcome for the patient. Prospective data are needed determine which patients may benefit from this approach...
- A better deal for neonatal care at lastBonnie Green
J Fam Health Care 13:87-8. 2003..Now, at last, the long-awaited Department of Health (DoH) review of neonatal intensive care services in England has been published...
- Resuscitation and ventilation strategies for extremely preterm infants: a comparison study between two neonatal centers in Boston and StockholmMireille Vanpee
Neonatal Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 96:10-6; discussion 8-9. 2007..To evaluate if different resuscitation and ventilatory styles exist between two neonatal units, and if the less aggressive approach has a beneficiary effect on BPD outcome...
- 500-gram infants--and 800-pound gorillas--in the delivery roomWilliam Meadow
Department of Pediatrics, MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pediatrics 117:2276. 2006
- Baby doe redux? The Department of Health and Human Services and the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002: a cautionary note on normative neonatal practiceSadath A Sayeed
Division of Neonatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Pediatrics 116:e576-85. 2005....
- [Congress report: "Recent Advances in Neonatal Medicine" from October 6 to October 9, 2005 in Würzburg]B W Kramer
Universitäts Kinderklinik, Wurzburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 210:25-30. 2006
- The incubation of a social movement? Preterm babies, parent activists, and neonatal productions in the US contextKyra Landzelius
Department of Science and Technology Studies, Gothenburg University, Box 510, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 62:668-82. 2006....
- Management of hypotension and circulatory assessment on NICUNick Evans
Department of Neonatal Medicine, RPA Women and Babies, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney
Early Hum Dev 81:397-8. 2005
- The effect of birth hospital type on the outcome of very low birth weight infantsBarbara Warner
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital Medical Center and TriHealth Hospitals, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatrics 113:35-41. 2004....
- Dedicated neonatal retrieval teams improve delivery room resuscitation of outborn premature infantsP J McNamara
Acute Care Transport Services, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Perinatol 25:309-14. 2005....
- Law and ethics at the border of viabilityE F Krug
William Beaumont Hospital, the Center for Human Development and the Bioethics Office, Royal Oak, MI 48072, USA
J Perinatol 26:321-4. 2006..It is argued that there is typically no emergency when infants are delivered at 23 weeks gestation, and parents should be asked for informed consent before resuscitation in the delivery room...
- Neonatal outcome in the United Arab Emirates: the effect of changes in resources and practicesA Dawodu
Cincinnati Children s Hospital and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
East Mediterr Health J 11:673-9. 2005..Modest declines in deaths from asphyxia, sepsis and complications of preterm births occurred from periods 1 to 2 but the differences were not statistically significant...
- Evidence-based neonatal careHenry L Halliday
Regional Neonatal Unit, Royal Maternity Hospital, Belfast and Department of Child Health, Queen s University of Belfast, Grosvenor Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT12 6BB, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:155-66. 2005..The 171 systematic reviews of interventions in neonatology published in the Cochrane Library provide evidence for neonatal care in many areas of the speciality...
- [Pulse oximetry in neonatal care in 2005. A comprehensive state of the art review]A Sola
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
An Pediatr (Barc) 62:266-81. 2005
- Towards safer diagnosis in clinical practice - understanding and using diagnostic tests in the neonatal unit more appropriatelyPeter W Fowlie
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 10:83-90. 2005..A number of tools are now readily available to help clinicians move towards more 'evidence-based' diagnosis...
- Delivery room decision-making for extremely preterm infants in SwedenJehanna M Peerzada
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Pediatrics 117:1988-95. 2006..To assess neonatologists' attitudes and practices regarding treatment of extremely preterm infants in the delivery room, particularly in response to parental wishes...
- Executive summary of the workshop on the border of viabilityRosemary D Higgins
Pregnancy and Perinatology Branch, Center for Developmental Biology and Perinatal Medicine, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pediatrics 115:1392-6. 2005..This article provides a summary of the discussions, focusing on major knowledge gaps and prioritized suggestions for studies in this area...
- Developments in neonatal technology continue to improve infant outcomesLawrence Noble
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Pediatr Ann 32:595-603. 2003..With the advent of genetic analysis and the ability to study environmental and genetic interactions, we may be on the threshold of another significant decrease in mortality and morbidity in the premature infant...
- Effect of a statewide neonatal resuscitation training program on Apgar scores among high-risk neonates in IllinoisD Patel
Catholic Health Partners-Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 107:648-55. 2001..Empirical support is provided for the clinical effectiveness of NRP instruction...
- The cry of the childrenBernadine Healy
US News World Rep 143:82. 2007
- Compassion or opportunism?William A Silverman
Pediatrics 113:402-3. 2004
- Availability of neonatal intensive care and neonatal mortalityJ Ross Milley
N Engl J Med 347:1893-5; author reply 1893-5. 2002
- Availability of neonatal intensive care and neonatal mortalityMitchell R Goldstein
N Engl J Med 347:1893-5; author reply 1893-5. 2002
- Hypotension and brain injury in premature infantsRichard W Hall
Pediatrics 121:654; author reply 654-5. 2008
- Management and outcomes of very low birth weightEric C Eichenwald
Department of Pediatrics and the Section of Neonatology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1700-11. 2008
- Clinician observation of physiological trend monitoring to identify late-onset sepsis in preterm infantsChristopher J Dewhurst
Neonatal Unit, Liverpool Women s Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Acta Paediatr 97:1187-91. 2008..To determine whether trends in routinely collected physiological variables can be used retrospectively to classify infants according to the presence or absence of late-onset neonatal sepsis...
- Relationship between site of training and residents' attitudes about neonatal resuscitationAnnie Janvier
McGill University, Department of Pediatrics, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:532-7. 2008....
- Quality of neonatal care and outcomeD Acolet
Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health CEMACH Central Office, 188 Baker Street, London NW1 5SD, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 93:F69-73. 2008High quality of care in neonatology implies providing an appropriate level of care to well newborn babies as well as more specialised care for the few babies who need it...
- The relation between the availability of neonatal intensive care and neonatal mortalityDavid C Goodman
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
N Engl J Med 346:1538-44. 2002..We conducted a study to determine whether a greater supply of neonatologists or neonatal intensive care beds is associated with lower neonatal mortality...
- Mortality in low birth weight infants according to level of neonatal care at hospital of birthJavier Cifuentes
Department of Pediatrics, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatrics 109:745-51. 2002..This study evaluated the effect of NICU level and patient volume at the hospital of birth on neonatal mortality of infants with a birth weight (BW) of <2000 g...
- [Limitation of intensive care and infant death during the postnatal period]M Dehan
Service de Pédiatrie et Réanimation Néonatales, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 31:2S94-7. 2002....
- Recent advances in neonatologyJoesph Fawke
Derbyshire Childrens Hospital, Derby, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 14:153-8. 2002..Therapeutic interventions such as extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and inhaled nitric oxide, available for some time, are having their place in neonatal intensive care more clearly defined...
- Bacteremia, central catheters, and neonates: when to pull the lineD K Benjamin
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Pediatrics 107:1272-6. 2001..Once a neonate has 3 positive blood cultures for CoNS, the central catheter should be removed.central line, neonate, bacteremia, bacteria, umbilical catheter, Broviac, percutaneous...
- How should we report neonatal outcomes?Andrew Lyon
Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Little France, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, Scotland, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 12:332-6. 2007..The National Neonatal Audit Project, funded by the Department of Health, will hopefully develop the infrastructure to allow the storage, analysis and rapid reporting of pooled neonatal and follow-up data...
- The participation of parents in the care of premature children in a neonatal unit: meanings attributed by the health teamJosefina Gallegos Martínez
University of San Luis Potosi
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 15:239-46. 2007....
- [Neonatal medicine at the appropriate level of care?]Hans Petter Fundingsrud
Barneavdelingen, Hammerfest sykehus, 9600 Hammerfest
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 123:1849-51. 2003..To explore the utilisation of neonatal care resources in the region...
- Is there a strategy for preventing bronchopulmonary dysplasia? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absenceHany Aly
Department of Newborn Services, George Washington University and Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Pediatrics 119:818-20. 2007
- Communication between professionalsGeraldine Dyas
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Pract Midwife 6:22-4. 2003
- Mothers' involvement in caring for their premature infants: an historical overviewLeigh Davis
Centre for Nursing Research, School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Brisbane, Queensland 4059, Australia
J Adv Nurs 42:578-86. 2003..Consequently, evidence is accumulating to demonstrate the fundamental role of mothers and families to the optimal developmental outcome of premature infants...
- [Very preterm birth less than 33 weeks' gestation: how setting-up of a perinatal network does influence the activity of the neonatal tertiary care unit? The experience of the Poitou-Charentes region, France]A Burguet
Service de Pediatrie, CHU de Poitiers, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France Réseau périnatal Poitou Charentes, Futuropole, BP 50044, 86361 Chasseneuil du Poitou cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:479-85. 2007..To evaluate the impact of regional perinatal network setting on very preterm neonates (gestational age<33 weeks) referral and activity of regional level 3 NCIU, and short-term outcome of infants cared for...
- Pushing the edge of viability. Treatment dilemmas in neonatologyJacie Wiegand
Adv Nurse Pract 11:59-62. 2003
- Toward evidence-based best practices in neonatal surgical care-I: The Canadian NICU NetworkErik D Skarsgard
Departments of Surgery and Pediatrics, BC s Children s Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Pediatr Surg 38:672-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to interrogate the network database to determine case volumes, outcomes, and resource utilization for several neonatal surgical conditions...
- Neonatalogy part 2: a 20-year perspectiveIvan Hand
Pediatr Ann 32:564, 568. 2003
- [Retrospective analysis of elective caesarean section and respiratory distress syndrome in the term neonates]Xiu Jing Wu
Department of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, The Children s Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 47:658-61. 2009..the association between the elective caesarean section and respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in term neonates, and to determine the related factors and outcomes of RDS cases in neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and neonatology ward.
- Diagnosis of Sex Chromosome Disorders and Prenatal Diagnosis of Down Syndrome using Interphase Fluorescent In-Situ Hyperidization TechniqueAhmad Settin
Pediatric Genetics and Neonatology Units, Mansoura and Ain Shams Universities, Egypt
Int J Health Sci (Qassim) 1:203-9. 2007..METHODS : Enrolled cases were among those presenting to Genetics and Neonatology Units, Mansoura and Ain-Shams University hospitals,(Egypt) during 2002 to 2004...
- Managing disagreements in the management of short bowel and hypoplastic left heart syndromeT R Cooper
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 104:e48. 1999..To explore these topics, we investigated the attitudes of specialists to therapies for two life-threatening diseases: hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and short bowel syndrome...
- Counseling pregnant women who may deliver extremely premature infants: medical care guidelines, family choices, and neonatal outcomesJoseph W Kaempf
Departments of Neonatology and Obstetrics, Providence St Vincent Medical Center, 9205 SW Barnes Rd, Portland, OR 97225, USA
Pediatrics 123:1509-15. 2009....
- [Actual management of pregnancies at risk for fetal anemia]M Lubusky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Olomouc
Ceska Gynekol 71:272-80. 2006....
- Current drug treatment options in neonatal hyperbilirubinaemia and the prevention of kernicterusF F Rubaltelli
Department of Paediatrics, University of Florence School of Medicine, Italy
Drugs 56:23-30. 1998Neonatal jaundice is a frequent problem in neonatology, but the advent of phototherapy which has simplified its treatment, it no longer represents a major concern...
- Management of neonatal abstinence syndrome in neonatal intensive care units: a national surveyS Sarkar
1The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, C S Mott, Children s Hospital, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0254, USA
J Perinatol 26:15-7. 2006..To determine the monitoring and treatment of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) following opiate or polydrug exposure in utero...
- Placental 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-2 and fetal cortisol/cortisone shuttle in small preterm infantsEero Kajantie
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:493-500. 2003Glucocorticoids rate among the most controversial topics in today's perinatology and neonatology. Many sick preterm infants exhibit signs of adrenal insufficiency, the etiology, diagnostic criteria, and optimal treatment of which are ..
- [Height, weight and body mass index of preterm very low birth weight infants at the preschool age]Rugile Pilviniene
Clinic of Neonatology, Kaunas University of Medicine Hospital, Eiveniu 2, 3007 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 39:1110-20. 2003..THE AIM of this study was to reveal trends in height, weight, and body mass index of preterm very low birth weight children from birth up to 5 years of age...
- [Prevalence and risk factors of bronchopulmonary dysplasia among extremely low birth weight newborns of regional birth cohort of south-east Poland]Przemko Kwinta
Klinika Chorób Dzieci Katedry Pediatrii, Uniwersytet Jagielloński Collegium Medium w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 66:14-20. 2009..The identification of risk factors predisposing to severe BPD might help in developing treatment methods directed at the group of children with high risk of developing the disease...
- [Nosocomial gastroenteritis and asymptomatic rotavirus and astrovirus infection in hospitalized children]E Roman Riechmann
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 60:337-43. 2004..Nosocomial gastroenteritis is frequent in pediatric hospital wards. Between 20% and 50% of gastroenteritis cases caused by rotavirus and astrovirus are of nosocomial origin...
- Urinary S100B protein measurements: A tool for the early identification of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in asphyxiated full-term infantsDiego Gazzolo
Department of Pediatrics, G Gaslini Children s University Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Crit Care Med 32:131-6. 2004..Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) is one of the major causes of perinatal mortality and morbidity. To date, there are no reliable methods to detect which infants will develop brain damage after asphyxia insult...
- [Congresses of the Spanish Association of Pediatrics: bibliometric analysis as a springboard for debate]J Gonzalez de Dios
Departamento de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario San Juan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 61:520-32. 2004..Bibliometric indicators are important tools used to determine the quality of scientific publications. However, this type of study is infrequently performed in free communications of congresses...
- [Gaucher's disease in Tunisia (multicenter study)]M Chaabouni
Service de Pediatrie, hôpital Hédi Chaker, Sfax, Tunisie
Rev Med Interne 25:104-10. 2004..The purpose of this work is to study the epidemiology of the disease in Tunisia, to highlight the diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties and also to precise our subsequent needs for substitutive medication...
- Two years outcome of very pre-term and very low birthweight infants in SwitzerlandH U Bucher
Clinic of Neonatology, University Hospital, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 133:93-9. 2003..In Switzerland official population statistics are based on birthweight only, gestational age not yet being documented...
- Early acquisition of Streptococcus mutans for childrenFabiana P M Carletto Körber
Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Cordoba, Argentina
Acta Odontol Latinoam 18:69-74. 2005..Twenty-four mother-child binomials that attended the University Hospital of Maternity and Neonatology of Córdoba participated in the study...
- Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs in the treatment of patent ductus arteriosus in European newbornsHercilia Guimaraes
NICU, Sao Joao Hospital, Porto University, Portugal
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:77-80. 2009..Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have been used in the treatment of PDA. However, no general guidelines have been followed...
- Management of neural tube defects in a Sub-Saharan African country: the situation in Yaounde, CameroonVincent de Paul Djientcheu
Neurosurgery Department, Central Hospital Yaounde, Cameroon
J Neurol Sci 275:29-32. 2008..The management requires highly qualified personnel and a significant social cost. The aim of this study was to evaluate the management of neural tube defect in a resource-limited developing Sub-Saharan nation like Cameroon...
- Outbreak of Acinetobacter baumannii in a neonatal intensive care unit: antimicrobial susceptibility and genotyping analysisArabella Touati
Laboratory Unit, Bone Marrow Transplant Centre, Tunis, Tunisia
Ann Epidemiol 19:372-8. 2009..We describe an outbreak of nosocomial respiratory infection caused by multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Tunis and our investigation to determine the source...
- SPEAKER TRAVEL AND SCIENTIFIC SESSION SUPPORT FOR THE TERATOLOGY SOCIETY 50TH Christina Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2011..translate the current state of the science to the clinic, including prenatal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, neonatology, medical genetics, and teratogen risk counseling...
- Cerebral metabolism, EEG, and sleep cycling in critically ill neonatesRenée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2013..PI will position herself as a clinical scientist uniquely able to pursue critical questions at the interface of neonatology, clinical neurophysiology, neurology, and sleep medicine...
- Wireless At-Risk Infant Monitoring SystemJASON HOLMSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., sudden infant death syndrome). While neonatology and neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) have greatly raised the survival rate of at-risk, very low birth ..
- Downregulation of Rod Metabolism in Retinopathy of PrematurityJAMES DANIEL AKULA; Fiscal Year: 2010..In one sense, the continuing ROP epidemic is a good problem to have: Advances in neonatology are permitting the most prematurely born infants to survive...
- NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkGeeta K Swamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Duke MFM has a productive relationship with Neonatology, providing continued expertise and support for their participation in the Neonatal Research Network...
- The Toxic Environment and the Epigenetics of Fetal GrowthHEATHER HERSON BURRIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..career studying perinatal social epidemiology and is currently a full-time faculty member in the Department of Neonatology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center...
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING IN PULMONARY RESEARCHMARK WALTER FRAMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..immunology, microbiology, toxicology, biochemistry, pulmonary and critical care medicine, infectious diseases, neonatology, and imaging sciences...
- Functional and Lymphocytic Markers of Respiratory Morbidity in Hyperoxic PreemiesRITA MARIE RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..RELEVANCE (See instructions): A highly collaborative team of clinical and laboratory science investigators in Neonatology, Pulmonology and Immunology at the University of Rochester and University at Buffalo are worthing to identify ..
- CIGARETTE SMOKE IMPACTS FETAL LUNG DNA METHYLATION AND GENE EXPRESSIONKelan G Tantisira; Fiscal Year: 2012..organs, the placental/fetal lung epigenomic correlation has direct translational implications for the field of neonatology, and efforts to link early-life fetal programming to the development of complex human disease...
- Inflammatory Biomarkers in Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes: Research and MentoringPietro R Galassetti; Fiscal Year: 2013..Internships for the UCI Clinical Trial Courses, the UCI Mentored Medical Student Clinical Research Program, the Neonatology Fellows Scholarship Oversight Committee, etc...
- Erythropoietin and Neurogenesis after Neonatal StrokeFERNANDO FRANCISCO GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fernando Gonzalez, an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Neonatology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), who is establishing himself as a junior investigator in ..
- MetaOx, Optical Monitor of Metabolic Rate of Oxygen ConsumptionBENIAMINO BARBIERI; Fiscal Year: 2013..an accurately assess cerebral metabolism at bedside in neonates is critical to improving patient management in neonatology. Currently there is no bedside tool that can accurately screen for brain injury, monitor injury evolution or ..
- Defining Transition from Fetal to Adult T Cell Predominance in the Human Fetus TREVOR DEON BURT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Trevor Burt, an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Neonatology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), who is establishing himself as a young investigator in ..
- Maternal Opioid Treatment: Human Experimental ResearchSusan Stine; Fiscal Year: 2009..brought together a multi-disciplinary group trained in addiction medicine, psychiatry, pediatrics, obstetrics, neonatology, and controlled clinical trials with the professional expertise to provide comprehensive care for the subjects ..
- REPRODUCTIVE EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Gynecology of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, collaborating with the Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, apply to continue an innovative and ..
- NEURAL REGULATION OF PREPARTUM CERVICAL RIPENINGSteven M Yellon; Fiscal Year: 2013..represent the most significant challenges to the field of Obstetrics, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, as well as for Neonatology, and Pediatrics...
- Research on the Scope and Causes of Stillbirth in the USCarol Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2009..They bring a breadth of expertise to this study that includes pediatrics/neonatology, obstetrics/perinatology, epidemiology/public health, pediatric/perinatal pathology, placental function, ..
- Inflammatory and Chemotactic Cytokines in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaVedang A Londhe; Fiscal Year: 2011..support provided by his mentor and this award will ultimately ensure his long-term goal of a career in academic Neonatology. RELEVANCE...
- In-Utero Smoke, Vitamin C and Newborn Lung FunctionCYNTHIA T MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dr. McEvoy is a board certified Pediatrician with subspecialty training in neonatology. The mentored career development plan consists of a three-tiered approach: a didactic education resulting in a ..
- Stellenbosch University Clinical Trial Unit, Cape Town, South AfricaMARK FREDRIC COTTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The SU CTU has the support of expert consultants in adolescence, neonatology, childhood TB and pediatric neurology from the SU Faculty of Health Sciences, who will contribute to protocol ..
- Burden of Late-Pre term Births throughout the First Year of LifeDonna R Halloran; Fiscal Year: 2013..She has chosen a multidisciplinary panel of mentors with expertise and experience in maternal-fetal medicine, neonatology, health services research, health economics, and biostatistics...
- Chemical Exposures and Infant Outcomes in the Neonatal Intensive Care UnitAnnemarie Stroustrup; Fiscal Year: 2013..the candidate to forge an academic trajectory in what is an under-examined area of study within the fields of neonatology and child health, with potential applications that extend to numerous aspects of pediatric healthcare...
- Molecular mechanisms underlying upper airway patterning and tracheomalaciaDebora Sinner; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will be carried out in the Division of Neonatology and Pulmonary Biology at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, which is committed to the ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND NEONATAL BIOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMDavid K Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2013..and clinical investigators from diverse backgrounds for academic careers in the developmental sciences and neonatology. The Program offers intensive clinical experiences with newborns, the opportunity for clinical investigation, ..
- Maternal, Clinician &Hospital Factors in Breastmilk for Premature InfantsHenry Chong Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Lee is establishing himself as a young investigator in clinical research of quality improvement in neonatology. This K23 award will provide Dr...
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkGeorge R Saade; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we have well-established collaborative ties with our University's Divisions of Neonatology, Genetics, Perinatal Pathology, Clinical Laboratory, and Radiology...
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research NetworkRonald Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Duke University School of Medicine, Division of Neonatology enthusiastically submits this renewal application for a third consecutive cycle of participation in the Eunice Kennedy Shriver NlCHD-..
- POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESteven O Marx; Fiscal Year: 2013..to our clinical training programs in Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Neonatology and Pediatric Critical Care, as well as through direct applications to the training program...
- Training Program in Perinatal Biology and MedicineWilliam W Hay; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): This training program provides basic and clinical-translational research training for Neonatology and Maternal- Fetal Medicine physicians (board eligible or certified in their primary specialty) and Basic ..
- Preterm Birth in Nulliparous Women: An Understudied Population at Great RiskDeborah A Wing; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have well-established collaborative ties with neonatology, genetics, perinatal pathology, clinical laboratory, and research pharmacies which can aid in successful ..
- The unique role of IkBa in modulating NF-kB activity in the newborn lung.CLYDE JASON WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..describes the 5-year training program for the development of an academic career in molecular biology and Neonatology. The candidate is in his final year of the Pediatric Scientist Development Program and Neonatology fellowship ..
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Post-Doctoral Research Training ProgramPatricia W Finn; Fiscal Year: 2013..who have completed or will complete clinical training in adult pulmonary medicine, critical care medicine, or neonatology and who have a strong commitment to an academic career...
- PEDIATRIC NEUROINTENSIVE CARE AND RESUSCITATION RESEARCHPatrick M Kochanek; Fiscal Year: 2013..critical care medicine, child neurology, pediatric neurological surgery, pediatric emergency medicine, neonatology, pediatric radiology, and physical medicine and rehabilitation...
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITSMichele Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Division of Neonatology and the Intensive Care Units have the physical space, the professional staff, the technology, and the patient ..
- Regulation of Lung Growth and Development by Thioredoxin Interacting ProteinTRENT TIPPLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal describes a 3 year training program for the development of an independent academic career in Neonatology. Dr. Trent E...
- Regulating hematopoietic stem cells and hematopoiesis for clinical efficacyEdward F Srour; Fiscal Year: 2013..hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (cord blood, bone marrow, and cytokine/reagent mediated mobilization), neonatology and vascular and developmental biology...
- Scope and Causes of StillbirthGeorge Saade; Fiscal Year: 2009..collaborative ties with our University's Department of Pathology and divisions of Genetics and Neonatology (see letters of support)...
- Biomarkers of Immunologic Function and Preterm Respiratory OutcomesAlan H Jobe; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is a proposal for the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Division of Neonatology and pulmonary services to participate as a Clinical Center in the NHLBI Prematurity and Respiratory Outcomes ..
- Prophylactic Phenobarbital After Resolution of Neonatal SeizuresRonnie Guillet; Fiscal Year: 2010..the University of Rochester and overseen by a Steering Committee composed of experienced trialists representing neonatology and pediatric neurology, biostatistics, and clinical trial administration...
- Lung Injury with Resuscitation of the PretermNoah H Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2013..a fellowship in Neontal-Perinatal medicine and is currently a fulltime faculty member of the division of Neonatology/Pulmonary Biology at CCHMC...
- Gastrointestinal Risk Factors for Wheezing in Premature InfantsAnna Maria Hibbs; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Division of Neonatology and the Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, lead by Dr. Richard Martin and Dr...
- ACADEMIC TRAINING PROGRAM IN PEDIATRIC PULMONARY DISEASESTEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..clearly defined academic goals are selected from candidates within our pediatric pulmonary, critical care and neonatology fellowship training programs...
- Transfusion Biology and Cellular TherapiesLESLIE ERIC SILBERSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..to their colleagues in other disciplines, including among others surgery, cardiology, anesthesiology, neonatology, and hematology/oncology...
- Institutional Training for PediatriciansGeorge J Dover; Fiscal Year: 2012..trainees, and trainees in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neonatology and Adolescent Medicine. Five of our trainees have now completed their training and have joined our faculty...
- Preventing Prematurity and Poor Pregnancy Outcomes Training GrantAnn R Stark; Fiscal Year: 2013..new T-32 application, "Preventing Prematurity and Poor Pregnancy Outcomes Training Grant", from the Division of Neonatology/Department of Pediatrics at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is for the establishment of a postdoctoral ..
- Multidisciplinary Lung Research Career Development ProgramMichael J Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..train in a variety of research disciplines, including epidemiology, biostatistics, cell and molecular biology, neonatology, physiology, radiology, pharmacology, and pediatrics...
- Maternal Influence on the Development of Allergy in OffspringAdam P Matson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant has recently completed fellowship training in Neonatology at the University of Connecticut Health Center...
- NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research Network - Utah CenterRoger G Faix; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is the application of the Division of Neonatology at the University of Utah to continue in the Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research Network (NRN)...
- Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research Network - UABWaldemar A Carlo; Fiscal Year: 2013..and a collegial steering committee member who fosters rigorous research and collaboration, 3) Division of Neonatology members are committed to the NRN with four investigators at UAB having been senior or first authors of 12 peer-..
- Training Program in Newborn and Developmental DiseasesStella Kourembanas; Fiscal Year: 2013..The main objectives of this Program are (1) to provide rigorous training of neonatology post resident fellows to develop the knowledge and skills to become independent and productive physician- ..
- Decision-Making in Critically Ill InfantsRENEE BOSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..dilemmas about which newborns should be resuscitated-and how aggressively-have existed since the specialty of neonatology began. Initially, these decisions were made by the physician alone...
- The Role of the Inflammasome in Neonatal SepsisJAMES LAWRENCE WYNN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We surmise that our focus on one of the most challenging problems in neonatology is consistent with the NIGMS'strategic mission to develop the foundation for advances in disease diagnosis,..
- HIF Mediated Oxygen Sensing in Oligodendrocyte Development and Brain InjuryJohn Silbereis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expertise of Dr. Rowitch in white matter injury, glial development, and neonatology, coupled with the advice of our collaborator Dr...
- Pathways of fetal programming of coronary dysfunctionRobert D Roghair; Fiscal Year: 2010..The principal investigator, a board-certified Pediatrician completing the third year of fellowship training in Neonatology, is currently applying for an elective year of fellowship training to lay as strong a foundation as possible ..
- NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research Network - UCLAUday P Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Academic faculty members of the division of Neonatology at UCLA have collectively made a commitment to conduct clinical research under the auspices of the NRN multi-center trials...
- Balancing the Risk and Benefits of Rapid Weight Gain in InfancyMandy Brown Belfort; Fiscal Year: 2012..Belfort's previous training in epidemiology and health services research and her clinical expertise in neonatology. Her findings will provide critical information regarding patterns of weight gain that optimize long term ..
- NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research NetworkMYRA HELEN WYCKOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..By being board certified in both Neonatology and Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Dr...
- DEVELOPMENTAL CARDIOLOGY AND PULMONARY TRAINING PROGRAMRobert P Mecham; Fiscal Year: 2012..highly integrative with current pediatric cardiology, pediatric pulmonary, genetics, pediatric critical care, neonatology, cardiovascular medicine fellowship training programs and with the graduate and MSTP programs...
- NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research NetworkKURT R SCHIBLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..builds upon a 20-year evolution and integration of research and clinical programs within the Division of Neonatology and Pulmonary Biology...
- Childhood Interstitial &Diffuse Lung Disease Scientific ConferenceJames S Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2012..promote novel interactions among the fields of developmental biology, stem cell biology, respiratory medicine, neonatology, genomics, epigenetics and bioengineering, that will ultimately facilitate development of innovative and ..
- Surfactant Protein D in Pulmonary and Systemic Host DefensePAUL SCOT KINGMA; Fiscal Year: 2012..The principle investigator of this grant has completed a Ph.D. in biochemistry, a clinical fellowship in neonatology, and is currently an Assistant Professor in the Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology...
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITST O SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2005..be achieved by recruiting subjects from the two neonatal intensive nurseries directed by WFUSM?s Division of Neonatology. These two nurseries contain over 90% of the level ill neonatal intensive care unit beds in a 19-county region ..
- Emory Acute Lung Injury Training ProgramDAVID MARSHALL GUIDOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Program will be directed by Lou Ann Brown, PhD from the Department of Pediatrics and the Division of Neonatology and by David Guidot, MD from the Department of Medicine and the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical ..
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RHEUMATIC DISEASES PREGNANCYJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 1992..between the medical disciplines of immunology, rheumatology, reproductive endocrinology, perinatology, and neonatology. To date there has not been a conference pulling together all the major investigators in these fields...
- Epo Neuroprotection of ELBW Infants: Planning GrantSandra E Juul; Fiscal Year: 2010..The new frontier of neonatology must include development of new treatment strategies that improve the neurological outcomes of these vulnerable ..
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITSJEROLD LUCEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..the identification and prioritization of important issues in clinical neonatology; 2. design of diagnostic and treatment protocols; 3...
- Creating Online NICU Networks to Educate, Consult & TeamVALERIE RACHAL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The University of Southern Mississippi; one county acute care hospital, Forrest General Hospital; and a private neonatology practice, Southern Mississippi Neonatology Group are completing a HIT planning grant (Project CONNECT)...
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERJohn Daly; Fiscal Year: 2002..clinical departments (including the Departments of Medicine Neurology, Psychiatry, Surgery, Ob/Gyn and Neonatology) as well as to basic science departments (including the Departments of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Thrombosis ..