Genomes and Genes
Summary: A medical specialty concerned with the study of the structures, functions, and diseases of the nervous system.
Publications364 found, 100 shown here
- Primary headaches in an outpatient neurology headache clinic in East HungaryG Gesztelyi
Neurology and Headache Outpatient Clinic, City Health Service of Debrecen, Hungary
Eur J Neurol 11:389-95. 2004..More attention to the headaches of men and the elderly could improve the quality of life in these groups of the Hungarian population...
- NMDA receptors in clinical neurology: excitatory times aheadLorraine V Kalia
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Lancet Neurol 7:742-55. 2008..In this Review, we describe the evidence for the use of these therapies and provide an overview of drugs being investigated in clinical trials. We also discuss new NMDAR-targeted strategies in clinical neurology.
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders--implications for child neurology, part 2: diagnosis and managementAshley Paintner
North Dakota Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, ND 58203 9037, USA
J Child Neurol 27:355-62. 2012..Child neurologists are essential in the diagnosis and management of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders...
- What sample sizes for reliability and validity studies in neurology?Jeremy C Hobart
Clinical Neurology Research Group, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Tamar Science Park, Room N13 ITTC Building, Davy Road, Plymouth, UK
J Neurol 259:2681-94. 2012..These findings should be considered provisional and more work is needed to determine if these estimates are generalisable, consistent, and useful...
- Evidence-based guideline update: determining brain death in adults: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyEelco F M Wijdicks
Division of Critical Care Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Neurology 74:1911-8. 2010To provide an update of the 1995 American Academy of Neurology guideline with regard to the following questions: Are there patients who fulfill the clinical criteria of brain death who recover neurologic function? What is an adequate ..
- Treatment of depression for patients with multiple sclerosis in neurology clinicsD C Mohr
University of California, Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco 94121, USA
Mult Scler 12:204-8. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine the adequacy of antidepressant pharmacotherapy in a sample of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) treated by neurologists...
- Neuro-QOL: brief measures of health-related quality of life for clinical research in neurologyD Cella
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 78:1860-7. 2012..To address the need for brief, reliable, valid, and standardized quality of life (QOL) assessment applicable across neurologic conditions...
- Cosmetic neurology and cosmetic surgery: parallels, predictions, and challengesAnjan Chatterjee
Univeristy of Pennsylvania, USA
Camb Q Healthc Ethics 16:129-37. 2007
- Summary of evidence-based guideline update: evaluation and management of concussion in sports: report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyChristopher C Giza
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neurology 80:2250-7. 2013To update the 1997 American Academy of Neurology (AAN) practice parameter regarding sports concussion, focusing on 4 questions: 1) What factors increase/decrease concussion risk? 2) What diagnostic tools identify those with concussion ..
- Functional symptoms and signs in neurology: assessment and diagnosisJ Stone
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:i2-12. 2005
- Neurologists' understanding and management of conversion disorderRichard A Kanaan
Department of Psychological Medicine, P062, Weston Education Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London SE5 9RJ, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:961-6. 2011..This study aimed to quantify these challenges, examining how neurologists understand conversion disorder, and what they tell their patients...
- Neurologist care in Parkinson disease: a utilization, outcomes, and survival studyA W Willis
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neurology 77:851-7. 2011..To investigate the utilization of neurologist providers in the treatment of patients with Parkinson disease (PD) in the United States and determine whether neurologist treatment is associated with improved clinical outcomes...
- The neurology of HTLV-1 infectionSarah A Cooper
Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Pract Neurol 9:16-26. 2009..We highlight the circumstances in which HTLV-1 should be suspected and outline the current understanding of HTLV-1-associated myelopathy and other neurological presentations...
- Practice parameter: Electrodiagnostic studies in carpal tunnel syndrome. Report of the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, American Academy of Neurology, and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationC K Jablecki
American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 421 First Avenue SW, Suite 300 East, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Neurology 58:1589-92. 2002
- Assessment: transcranial Doppler ultrasonography: report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyM A Sloan
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 62:1468-81. 2004..To review the use of transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) and transcranial color-coded sonography (TCCS) for diagnosis...
- Practice parameter: the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the European Federation of Neurological SocietiesG Gronseth
American Academy of Neurology, 1080 Montreal Avenue, St Paul, MN55116, USA
Neurology 71:1183-90. 2008..Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is a common cause of facial pain...
- Gordon Holmes Lecture: Gordon Holmes and the neurological heritageIan McDonald
Institute of Neurology Queen Square, University College London, UK
Brain 130:288-98. 2007Sir Gordon Holmes is one of the great figures in the history of twentienth century neurology. In him, there came together the traditions of German and British neurology which moulded a physiological approach to normal and disordered ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid neopterin in paediatric neurology: a marker of active central nervous system inflammationRussell C Dale
Neuroinflammation Group, Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Children s Hospital at Westmead, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:317-23. 2009..We aimed to test the usefulness of elevated CSF neopterin as a biological marker of central nervous system (CNS) inflammation...
- Integrating cognitive psychology, neurology and neuroimagingL M Parsons
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284 6240, USA
Acta Psychol (Amst) 107:155-81. 2001..increase in research effectively integrating cognitive psychology, functional neuroimaging, and behavioral neurology. This new work is typically conducting basic research into aspects of the human mind and brain...
- Who is referred to neurology clinics?--the diagnoses made in 3781 new patientsJ Stone
School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 112:747-51. 2010Information on the nature and relative frequency of diagnoses made in referrals to neurology outpatient clinics is an important guide to priorities in services, teaching and research...
- Attitudes of US medical trainees towards neurology education: "Neurophobia" - a global issueAndrey V Zinchuk
Department of Neurology, University of Connecticut Health Center 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
BMC Med Educ 10:49. 2010..a US university have difficulty in dealing with patients with neurological problems, identified the perceived sources of these difficulties and provide suggestions for the development of an effective educational experience in neurology.
- Quality improvement in neurology: AAN epilepsy quality measures: Report of the Quality Measurement and Reporting Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyN B Fountain
Department of Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Neurology 76:94-9. 2011..Therefore, epilepsy performance measures were derived through a standardized systematic process and may be the basis for pay-for-performance initiatives and maintenance of certification requirements...
- Practice Parameter: neuroprotective strategies and alternative therapies for Parkinson disease (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyO Suchowersky
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Neurology 66:976-82. 2006..To define key issues in the management of Parkinson disease (PD) relating to neuroprotective strategies and alternative treatments, and to make evidence-based treatment recommendations...
- Visual expertise in paediatric neurologyThomas Balslev
Aarhus University, Centre of Medical Education, Brendstrupgaardsvej 102, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 16:161-6. 2012..In contrast, patient video cases constitute a dynamic diagnostic challenge that may simulate seeing and diagnosing a patient in person...
- A controlled study of team-based learning for undergraduate clinical neurology educationNigel C K Tan
Office of Neurological Education, Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore, Singapore
BMC Med Educ 11:91. 2011Team-based learning (TBL), a new active learning method, has not been reported for neurology education...
- Mobile phones to improve the practice of neurologyNeil Busis
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, UPMC Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Neurol Clin 28:395-410. 2010..In addition to enhanced communication, patient education, and social networking, these devices can promote healthy lifestyles, preventive medicine, and compliance and even serve as monitoring and prosthetic devices...
- Neurology and neurologic practice in ChinaFu Dong Shi
Department of Neurology, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300071, China
Neurology 77:1986-92. 2011In the wake of dramatic economic success during the past 2 decades, the specialized field of neurology has undergone a significant transformation in China...
- Cerebral localization of functions and the neurology of language: fact versus fiction or is it something else?Elliott D Ross
Department of Neurology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and the VA Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Neuroscientist 16:222-43. 2010..Because of historical considerations and space limitations, the main focus will be on localization of language-related functions whose theoretical neurological basis can be generalized for any complex cognitive-behavioral function...
- Can we face the challenge of expanding use of intravenous immunoglobulin in neurology?I Elovaara
Department of Neurology, Tampere University Hospital and Neuroimmunology Unit, Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Acta Neurol Scand 122:309-15. 2010..Due to increasing costs of this treatment, careful selection of patients who will benefit from IVIG is extremely important...
- Addendum to assessment: Prevention of post-lumbar puncture headaches: report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyCarmel Armon
Division of Neurology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, USA
Neurology 65:510-2. 2005..It affirmed a previous conclusion that smaller needle size is associated with reduced frequency of PLPHA (Level A recommendation)...
- Invited Article: Conflicts of interest for authors of American Academy of Neurology clinical practice guidelinesR G Holloway
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 673, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neurology 71:57-63. 2008..Clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) shape clinical care worldwide but are prone to potential error and bias due to conflicts of interest (COI)...
- Neurological disease, emotional disorder, and disability: they are related: a study of 300 consecutive new referrals to a neurology outpatient departmentA J Carson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Morningside Park, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 68:202-6. 2000To determine the prevalence of anxiety and depressive disorders in patients referred to general neurology outpatient clinics, to compare disability and number of somatic symptoms in patients with and without emotional disorder, the ..
- 'Neurophobia'--attitudes of medical students and doctors in Ireland to neurological teachingE Flanagan
Department of Medicine, Mater Hospital, Eccles St, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Neurol 14:1109-12. 2007i) To determine whether neurology is the medical specialty with which Irish students and doctors have most difficulty, (ii) appraise attitudes towards how neurology is taught, and (iii) suggest ways teaching might be improved...
- Impact of emergency room neurologists on patient management and outcomeThierry Moulin
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Besancon, France
Eur Neurol 50:207-14. 2003..The frequency and impact of in-patient assessment by a neurologist in the emergency room (ER) setting remain largely underestimated. The objective of our study was to analyse the impact of neurologist in-patient management...
- Practice Parameter: diagnosis and prognosis of new onset Parkinson disease (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyO Suchowersky
University of Calgary, AB, Canada
Neurology 66:968-75. 2006..Two clinical questions were identified: 1) Which clinical features and diagnostic modalities distinguish PD from other parkinsonian syndromes? 2) Which clinical features predict rate of disease progression?..
- The subaxial cervical spine injury classification system: a novel approach to recognize the importance of morphology, neurology, and integrity of the disco-ligamentous complexAlexander R Vaccaro
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2365-74. 2007..The classification system was derived through a literature review and expert opinion of experienced spine surgeons. In addition, a multicenter reliability and validity study of the system was conducted on a collection of trauma cases...
- Mind-body interventions: applications in neurologyHELANE WAHBEH
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail Code CR120, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neurology 70:2321-8. 2008..b>Neurology patients often turn to their physicians for insight into the effectiveness of the therapies and resources to ..
- Imaging or imagining? A neuroethics challenge informed by geneticsJudy Illes
Stanford University, USA
Am J Bioeth 5:5-18. 2005..Indeed, ethical interpretation of such findings will necessitate not only traditional bioethical input but also a wider perspective on the construction of scientific knowledge...
- Neurophobia and its implications: evidence from a Caribbean medical schoolFarid F Youssef
Department of Preclinical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
BMC Med Educ 9:39. 2009b>Neurology is regarded as a difficult component of the medical curriculum. This has been so marked that the term neurophobia and its effects are being investigated...
- The global burden of disease study: implications for neurologyM Menken
World Federation of Neurology, Research Group on Medical Education, London, England
Arch Neurol 57:418-20. 2000..Health ministries worldwide must prioritize neurologic disorders, and neurologists must be prepared to provide care for increased numbers of people individually and in population groups...
- Attitudes and barriers to clinical practice guidelines in general and to the guideline on Parkinson's disease. A National Survey of German neurologists in private practiceAstrid Larisch
Phillipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Neurol 256:1681-8. 2009..Thus, further research is needed to address issues of daily practice in future versions of the PD-CPG and to investigate the effects of implementation at the physician and patient levels...
- Psychogenic movement disorders: a crisis for neurologyMark Hallett
Human Motor Control Section, NINDS NIH, Building 10, Room 5N226, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1428, Bethesda, MD 20892 1428, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 6:269-71. 2006
- Quality improvement in neurology: AAN Parkinson disease quality measures: report of the Quality Measurement and Reporting Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyE M Cheng
Department of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neurology 75:2021-7. 2010..The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) identified the need for neurologists to develop measures of neurologic care and to establish a process to ..
- Ions, energy and axonal injury: towards a molecular neurology of multiple sclerosisStephen G Waxman
Department of Neurology, LCI 707, Yale Medical School, P O Box 208018, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Trends Mol Med 12:192-5. 2006....
- Liaison neurology for acute medical admissionsRaeburn Forbes
Clin Med 4:290. 2004
- [Telerehabilitation and neurology]Roberto Cano De La Cuerda
Departamento de Fisioterapia, Terapia Ocupacional, Medicina Física y Rehabilitación, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Alcorcon, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 51:49-56. 2010..There are many activities closely related to telemedicine, such as the telecare of socio-distance services, telehealth, which is responsible for increasing the welfare and health of individuals, teleeducation (health) and telesurgery...
- The current evaluation and treatment of infantile spasms among members of the Child Neurology SocietyJohn R Mytinger
Department of Neurology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Child Neurol 27:1289-94. 2012..To aid in the development of a standardized approach to infantile spasms, members of the Child Neurology Society were surveyed to determine common practice. The survey had 222 responders with a responder rate of 18.5%...
- AAN Epilepsy Quality Measures in clinical practice: a survey of neurologistsVibhangini S Wasade
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Epilepsy Behav 24:468-73. 2012Epilepsy Quality Measures (EQM) were developed by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) to convey standardization and eliminate gaps and variations in the delivery of epilepsy care (Fountain et al., 2011 )...
- Use of a telephone nursing line in a pediatric neurology clinic: one approach to the shortage of subspecialistsMegan A Letourneau
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 112:1083-7. 2003There are not enough pediatric neurologists to meet the many needs of pediatric neurology patients. The Hospital for Sick Children has responded by expanding the nursing role in the pediatric neurology outpatient clinic...
- Reducing the incidence of intraventricular catheter-related ventriculitis in the neurology-neurosurgical intensive care unit at a tertiary care center in St Louis, Missouri: an 8-year follow-up studyHitoshi Honda
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:1078-81. 2010..The incidence density of intraventricular catheter-related ventriculitis decreased substantially after the implementation of standardized management of intraventricular catheters...
- Hyperoxia preconditioning: the next frontier in neurology?Wenwu Liu
The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Neurol Res 34:415-21. 2012..In the present short review, we briefly described the development, application and mechanisms of hyperoxia preconditioning in the neurology, and the issues in future application of hyperoxia preconditioning were also proposed.
- History of neurology and education on neurology in JapanShigeki Kuzuhara
National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1, Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8551, Japan
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 49:968-71. 2009..New "Japanese Society of Neurology" (JSN) was founded in 1960...
- Utility of functional MRI in pediatric neurologyEmily R Freilich
Department of Neurosciences, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC, 20010, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 10:40-6. 2010..However, only recently has it found a home in pediatric neurology. New adaptations in study design and technologic advances, especially the study of resting state functional ..
- Evidence-based guideline update: steroids and antivirals for Bell palsy: report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyGary S Gronseth
Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Neurology 79:2209-13. 2012To review evidence published since the 2001 American Academy of Neurology (AAN) practice parameter regarding the effectiveness, safety, and tolerability of steroids and antiviral agents for Bell palsy.
- Psychogenic movement disorders and motor conversion: a roadmap for collaboration between neurology and psychiatrySarah M Kranick
Human Motor Control Section, Medical Neurology Branch, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1428, USA
Psychosomatics 52:109-16. 2011..None of these terms has a direct translation in psychiatric classification, and psychiatrists are often faced with patients who do not believe in a psychological origin for their symptoms...
- Three 20th-century multiauthored handbooks serving as vital catalyzers of an emerging specialization: a case study from the history of neurology and psychiatryFrank W Stahnisch
History of Medicine and Health Care Program, Departments of Community Health Sciences and History, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:1067-75. 2012Originating in the late 19th century, psychiatry and neurology emerged during a period of several decades as two distinct fields of medical inquiry, separate from the study and practice of internal medicine...
- Vitamin B12 in neurology and ageing; clinical and genetic aspectsAndrew McCaddon
School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Gwenfro Units 6 7, Wrexham Technology Park, Wrexham LL17 7YP, Wales, United Kingdom
Biochimie 95:1066-76. 2013..Further research is needed to determine to what extent this is attributable to genetic determinants of vitamin B12 absorption, distribution and cellular uptake...
- Summary of evidence-based guideline: complementary and alternative medicine in multiple sclerosis: report of the guideline development subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyVijayshree Yadav
From the Department of Neurology V Y, M C, D B, Oregon Health and Science University and Department of Neurology V Y, M C, D B, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland MS Center of Excellence East C B, VA Maryland Health Care System and Department of Neurology C B, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore Multiple Sclerosis Center J B, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, WA Multiple Sclerosis Service and Complementary and Alternative Medicine Service A B, Colorado Neurological Institute, Englewood The Jacobs Neurological Institute B W G, Buffalo, NY Department of Neurology G S G, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS and Department of Neurology P N, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Neurology 82:1083-92. 2014..To develop evidence-based recommendations for complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- [Neurology in Byzantine medicine. An analysis of Alexander of Tralles' Medici libri duodecim]Virgina de Frutos-Gonzalez
Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Espana
Rev Neurol 51:437-43. 2010..Alexander of Tralles was one of major exponents of Byzantine medicine. He received his early medical training with his father, and in extensive travels, gathered medical knowledge and experience...
- Placental growth factor: a tissue modelling factor with therapeutic potentials in neurology?Linda Chaballe
Axonal Regeneration and Cephalic Pain Research Unit, GIGA Neurosciences, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 111:10-7. 2011....
- Neuromarketing and consumer neuroscience: contributions to neurologyAndrija Javor
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Linz General Hospital, Krankenhausstrasse 9, 4021, Linz, Austria
BMC Neurol 13:13. 2013..While marketing scholars have eagerly integrated neuroscientific evidence into their theoretical framework, neurology has only recently started to draw its attention to the results of consumer neuroscience.
- Teleneurology applications: Report of the Telemedicine Work Group of the American Academy of NeurologyLawrence R Wechsler
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neurology 80:670-6. 2013To review current literature on neurology telemedicine and to discuss its application to patient care, neurology practice, military medicine, and current federal policy.
- A multicenter study to provide evidence of construct validity in a computer-based outcome measure of neurology clinical skillsVivian T Obeso
P O Box 016960 D 41, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Acad Med 80:S71-4. 2005..The purpose of this study is to provide evidence of construct validity for a computer-based outcome measure of neurology clinical skills.
- Educational interventions in neurology: a comprehensive systematic reviewP McColgan
Department of Neurodegenerative Disease, UCL Institute of Neurology and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
Eur J Neurol 20:1006-16. 2013A fear of neurology and neural sciences (neurophobia) may have clinical consequences. There is therefore a need to formulate an evidence-based approach to neurology education...
- Effects of peer-assisted training during the neurology clerkship: a randomized controlled studyJ G Heckmann
Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 15:1365-70. 2008To determine the efficacy of peer-assisted clinical skills training for students during their neurology clerkship.
- Evidence-based guideline: diagnostic accuracy of CSF 14-3-3 protein in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: report of the guideline development subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyTaim Muayqil
King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Neurology 79:1499-506. 2012..To assess the available evidence for the diagnostic accuracy of CSF testing for protein 14-3-3 in patients with suspected sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (sCJD)...
- Theodore Brown Rasmussen (1910-2002): epilepsy surgeon, scientist, and teacherWilliam Feindel
Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosurg 98:631-7. 2003....
- Peer assessment of journal quality in clinical neurologyWeiping Yue
J Med Libr Assoc 95:70-6. 2007To explore journal quality as perceived by clinicians and researchers in clinical neurology.
- Practice parameter: diagnosis and prognosis of new onset Parkinson disease (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyErwin B Montgomery
Neurology 67:2266; author reply 2266. 2006
- Metabolic brain networks in translational neurology: concepts and applicationsMartin Niethammer
Center for Neurosciences, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Ann Neurol 72:635-47. 2012....
- [Report of the 55th meeting of the American Academy of Neurology. Honolulu, March 29-April 6, 2003]H Becker
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:470-86. 2003
- Neurology, psychiatry, and neuroscienceJ Allan Hobson
Am J Psychiatry 160:1013-4. 2003
- Executive summary of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke conference on Emergency Neurologic Clinical Trials NetworkWilliam G Barsan
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:407-12. 2004..The Emergency Neurology Clinical Trials Network concept was discussed by 25 clinicians and scientists from multiple disciplines...
- Outline of restorative neurology: definition, clinical practice, assessment, interventionMilan R Dimitrijevic
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 114:428-31. 2012..The practice of Restorative Neurology is based on detailed assessment of the individual patient, the use of neurophysiological methods to elucidate ..
- Evidence-based guideline: intravenous immunoglobulin in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders: report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyH S Patwa
Yale University VA Connecticut Healthcare System, New Haven, CT, USA
Neurology 78:1009-15. 2012..To assess the evidence for the efficacy of IV immunoglobulin (IVIg) to treat neuromuscular disorders...
- [Neurology of the arts]Hou Chang Chiu
Department of Neurology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Neurol Taiwan 18:132-6. 2009..On the other hand, the artists had produced great works in a way similar to finding the related brain areas in the stimulation experiments. Therefore, many neuroscientists have praised that artists are outstanding neurologists...
- Surrogate outcomes in neurology, psychiatry, and psychopharmacologyLuc Staner
Centre Hospitalier, Secteur VIII, Rouffach, France
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 8:345-52. 2006..However, the significance of surrogate markers of treatment outcome in neurology and psychiatry has not yet been sufficiently demonstrated...
- Evidence report: Genetic and metabolic testing on children with global developmental delay: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology SocietyD J Michelson
Department of Pediatrics, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Neurology 77:1629-35. 2011..To systematically review the evidence concerning the diagnostic yield of genetic and metabolic evaluation of children with global developmental delay or intellectual disability (GDD/ID)...
- [OSCE in the neurology clerkship. Experiences at the neurological department of the university hospital Erlangen]J G Heckmann
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:32-7. 2009In the German medical education program practical examinations at the end of the neurology clerkship are sparsely performed. By this way, motivation for practical learning and a method to assure quality of learning are not used.
- John Hughlings Jackson's evolutionary neurology: a unifying framework for cognitive neuroscienceElizabeth A Franz
Department of Psychology and fMRIotago, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Brain 134:3114-20. 2011John Hughlings Jackson was a pioneer in neurology who thought deeply about the structure of the brain and how that manifested itself in the various syndromes that he saw in the clinic...
- Preterm children quality of life evaluation: a qualitative study to approach physicians' perceptionMarie Ange Einaudi
Department of Neonatology, APHM, North University Hospital, Marseille, France
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:122. 2012..The aim of this qualitative study is to highlight among physicians, themes of reflection about health-related quality of life in extremely preterm children (less than 28 weeks' gestation)...
- Palliative care in neurologyK M Foley
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Neurol Clin 19:789-99. 2001..Recommendations from the American Academy of Neurology and Institute of Medicine are provided and the many ongoing educational efforts aimed at closing the existing ..
- [The problem of neurological emergencies and the need for specific neurology shifts]A Gómez Ibáñez
Departamento de Neurologia, Clinica Universitaria, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 31:7-13. 2008..To analyze the convenience of specific neurology shifts or the role that the neurologist should play in the emergency department, it is necessary to answer ..
- Nano neurology and the four P's of central nervous system regeneration: preserve, permit, promote, plasticityRutledge Ellis-Behnke
MIT, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, 46 6007, 43 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Med Clin North Am 91:937-62. 2007..The four components are preserve, permit, promote, and plasticity...
- Functional symptoms in neurology: managementJ Stone
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:i13-21. 2005
- Delirium: a neurologist's view--the neurology of agitation and overactivityLouis R Caplan
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Rev Neurol Dis 7:111-8. 2010....
- Haemopoietic stem cell transplantation--an evolving treatment for severe autoimmune and inflammatory diseases in rheumatology, neurology and gastroenterologySabrina Kapoor
Department of Haematology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Hematology 12:179-91. 2007..Moreover, destroying and rebuilding immune systems may provide insights into autoimmune diseases...
- Deep brain stimulation: from neurology to psychiatry?Paul Krack
Movement Disorders Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, University Hospital Grenoble, France
Trends Neurosci 33:474-84. 2010..In this review, we discuss the concept that dysfunction of motor, limbic and associative cortico-basal ganglia-thalamocortical loops underlies these various disorders, which might now be amenable to DBS treatment...
- [Lipman Halpern--the 70th anniversary of the Department of Neurology at the Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center]Rakefet Zalashik
The Skirball Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies, NYU, USA
Harefuah 147:739-43, 748. 2008The paper describes the establishment of the Department of Neurology at the Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem, as well as the department's early activity, emphasizing the role of Dr. Lipman Halpern, one the founders...
- Interest in neurology during medical clerkship in three Nigerian medical schoolsEmmanuel O Sanya
Neurology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, PMB 1459, Ilorin Kwara State, Nigeria
BMC Med Educ 10:36. 2010This study sought to ascertain perception of Nigerian medical students of neurology in comparison with 7 other major medical specialties...
- Profiles of neurological outcome prediction among intensivistsEric Racine
Neuroethics Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Neurocrit Care 11:345-52. 2009..This study assessed the variability in long-term outcome predictions among physicians and aimed to identify factors that may account for this variability...
- [Analysis of the headaches treated in emergency neurology departments]P E Jimenez-Caballero
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Complejo Hospitalario de Toledo, Murillo 14, E 45593 Toledo, Spain
Rev Neurol 40:648-51. 2005Headache is the main cause of visits to the emergency neurology department at our hospital...
- The burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics in TurkeyBetul Baykan
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Neurology, Istanbul, Turkey
Pain Pract 7:313-23. 2007The aim of the study was to investigate the burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics (NOCs) regardless of their primary complaint.
- Heat-shock proteins in clinical neurologyFredrik Romi
Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur Neurol 66:65-9. 2011..Antibody-mediated interference with their function alters immune responses causing neuropathology. The role of HSPs in clinical neurology should be the subject of future investigation.
- After neurology residency: new opportunities, new challengesBeau M Ances
Department of Neurology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19103 4283, USA
Neurology 62:E12-4. 2004
- The use of optical coherence tomography in neurologyCédric Lamirel
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Rev Neurol Dis 6:E105-20. 2009..This article provides a detailed overview of OCT and its potential applications in neurology.
- The role of neurocritical care: a brief report on the survey results of neurosciences and critical care specialistsManjunath Markandaya
Divison of Neurosciences Critical Care, Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Neurocrit Care 16:72-81. 2012..The objective of this study was to assess the perceived need for and roles of neurocritical care intensivists and neurointensive care units among physicians involved with intensive care and the neurosciences...
- Teaching and assessment in otolaryngology and neurology: Does the timing of clinical courses matter?A A Dünne
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Deutschhausstr 3, 35037 Marburg, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:1023-30. 2006..2 week course in otolaryngology with a high proportion of patient-related teaching, and a 2 week long course in neurology with a low level of patient-related teaching...
- [Quality improvement of multiple choice examinations: in psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy, and neurology]M Weih
Psychiatrische und Psychotherapeutische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Schwabachanlage 6, 91954, Erlangen, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 80:324-8. 2009..process in planning, performance, and evaluation of multiple choice examination questions in psychiatry, neurology, psychosomatic medicine, and psychotherapy...
- Are neurology residents in the United States being taught defensive medicine?Roland Brilla
School of Public Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago and Department of Neurology, Aurora Sheboygan Clinic, 2414 Kohler Memorial Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081, USA
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:374-7. 2006..To study whether and how fear of litigation and defensive medicine are communicated during residency training and to assess whether this affects residents' attitudes...
- Behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry is a subspecialtyJonathan M Silver
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 18:146-8. 2006
- DIRECT BRAIN INTERFACE BASED ON EVENT DETECTION IN ECOGSIMON LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..of Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Surgery and Radiology from the University of Michigan; the Departments of Neurology from the Henry Ford ..
- FASEB SRC on Lysophospholipd Mediators in Health and DiseaseJulie D Saba; Fiscal Year: 2011..lysophospholipid signaling are important in the pathophysiology of cancer, cardiovascular disease, immunology, neurology and infectious disease, and key components of these pathways are being targeted for therapeutic purposes...
- Discovery of Small Molecule MBT Domain AntagonistsSTEPHEN VERNON FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2010..of chromatin state are of great significance in the fields of epigenetics, oncology, developmental biology, neurology, stem cell fate and regenerative medicine...
- Emergency Neurophysiological Assessment Bedside Logic EngineDon M Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our neurology consultant, Dr. Mark Holmes, is a clinical neurophysiologist who will work with Dr...
- Cerebral metabolism, EEG, and sleep cycling in critically ill neonatesRenée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2013..scientist uniquely able to pursue critical questions at the interface of neonatology, clinical neurophysiology, neurology, and sleep medicine...
- Effects of Standardized Aerobic Exercise-Training on Neurocognitive and NeurodegeThomas O Obisesan; Fiscal Year: 2010..A team of highly successful experts in neuroimaging, neurology, psychology, exercise physiology, cardiology and genetics has been assembled to conduct this study...
- Development and Validation of an Instrument to Assess Cognitive Function RegulatiXi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..epidemiology and statistics), clinical and research seminars, and supervised clinical rotation in the UNC neurology clinic. During this award Dr...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..EPR to measure oxygen, nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and toxicology...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..EPR to measure oxygen, nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neurology and toxicology...
- Multi-Organ Autonomic Electrophysiology in Parkinson DiseaseSamay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..D., M.S. is a junior faculty member in the University of Pittsburgh, Department of Neurology Movement Disorders Division since 2006. In 2007, Dr...
- Novel Therapeutics for Neurotropic AlphavirusesDavid J Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..and we have assembled a team of experienced investigators with diverse expertise in the fields of virology, neurology, pathology, physiology, and medicinal chemistry to accomplish this task...
- OLFACTORY RECEPTOR COPY NUMBER ASSOCIATION WITH AGE AT ONSET OF ALZHEIMER DISEASEKinga Szigeti; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate is a physician scientist (board certified in Neurology) with the long-term goal of dedicating her scientific carrier to translational research in the field of AD...
- Generation of Site-Specific Recombinase-Expressing Transgenic Rats using an EnhanEric M Ostertag; Fiscal Year: 2011..of human genetics and biology because the rat in many ways better resembles human pathology, physiology, neurology, and cancer biology than other popular animal models, such as the mouse...
- A Systems Biology Approach for Pediatric and Adult Autoimmune DiseasesMARIA VIRGINIA PASCUAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..talented individuals have been enlisted from diverse programs with subspecialties in dermatology, rheumatology, neurology, pediatrics, and human immunology...
- REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES: STRESS AND DAMAGE IN OLD MUSCLESusan V Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2012..The addition of Eva Feldman to Project 1 adds a further dimension in the fields of neurobiology and neurology for studies of the timing and interactions among age-related changes motor neurons, muscle fibers, and ..
- Activity-dependent phosphorylation of MeCP2DANIEL HIGGINS EBERT; Fiscal Year: 2013..I am now Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American College of Psychiatry and Neurology. As a physician-scientist in psychiatry, I intend to investigate molecular mechanisms underlying ..
- The role of diet-induced obesity in cognitive impairmentCATRINA SIMS ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..She was awarded a 1-year position on the highly competitive Neurology T32 Training Grant and then a 2-year position of the Biogerontology T32 Training Grant...
- Outcomes and Predictors in Mild Cognitive ImpairmentMary Ganguli; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Awardee is a professor of psychiatry, neurology, and epidemiology with an established track record as a researcher, clinician, and educator...
- An Innovative Endoscopic Instrument with Full-Field Viewing and Intelligent ImagiSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other medical areas benefitting from this research include urology, neurology, gynecology, arthroscopy etc. for the next generation cystoscopy, neuroendoscopy, laparoscopy, etc...
- Environmental Determinants of Cognitive Aging in the WHI Memory StudyJiu Chiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..influence on cognitive health, address a critical knowledge gap in the emerging area of environmental neurology, and inform the environmental public health policies...
- RTP801 and ATF4 in Neuronal Death in PDOREN ABRAHAM LEVY; Fiscal Year: 2013..I completed my residency in neurology at the Weill-Cornell Medical Center, where I was named Chief Resident my final year...
- Translational refinement of adaptive communication system for locked-in patientsMelanie Fried-Oken; Fiscal Year: 2013..Erdogmus, engineering;Roark, computer science and natural language processing), and clinical research (Oken, neurology/neurophysiology;Fried-Oken, augmentative communication/neurogenic communication disorders)...
- NEUROVIROLOGY-MOLECULAR BIOLOGYDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2013..program is designed to develop investigators derived from 2 sources: (a) PHYSICIANS, with prior training in neurology (including pediatric neurology), pediatrics or neuropathology;and (b) PhDs, with a background in virology or ..
- Mechanisms by which VZV IE proteins interact with cell antiviral proteins to prevMARIA ACENA NAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..During the award period, Dr. Nagel will be promoted to Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology, which provides a fruitful environment for physician-scientists...
- Scale-Up from Pilot To High-Throughput Screen for Inhibitors of Aquaporin-4Marc F Pelletier; Fiscal Year: 2011..In the words of Dr. George Richerson (Chief of Neurology at the University of Iowa), "As a neurologist, I really can't think of a drug that would have more of an ..
- WHOLE SLIDE IMAGING SYSTEM FOR TRANSLATIONAL NEUROSCIENCEJin Moo Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hope Center for Neurological Disorders, an interdepartmental research unit administered within the Department of Neurology. The Hope Center will commit financial support for renovation, service contracts, and personnel in Year I and ..
- BEHAVIOR AND PHYSIOLOGY IN AGINGHarvey Jay Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..following areas related to aging: biomedical (biochemistry, cardiology, endocrinology, epidemiology, immunology, neurology, neuroscience, neuroendocrinology, nutrition, oncology, physiology, pharmacology, psychiatry, and radiology);..
- Comparative effectiveness of Brain Imaging and Blood Biomarkers in Alzheimer??s dOrly Lazarov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Little and Dr. X. Joe Zhou);Diagnosis of Alzheimer's patients with specialty in Neurology and Geriatrics (Dr. Pedalty and Dr...
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..goals because of the breadth of experimental resources it offers and the number of accessible experts in neurology and cardiology...
- Brain Alterations And Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults with Heart FailureLISA C BRATZKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) as a whole, as well as the departments of Neurology and Radiology, and the School of Nursing, make this an outstanding environment to support the candidate's ..
- Improved Source Localization for Pediatric EpilepsyDamon Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2013..a combination of classroom learning and practical clinical shadowing to develop a greater understanding of basic neurology and its clinical applications...
- Conducting Research in Pediatric Hematology/OncologyDebra L Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Chemistry, Physics, Pathology, Radiation Oncology, Cell and Developmental Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Neurology, and Immunology...
- Aerobic Exercise, Neurotrophins, and fMRI of Hippocampal Function and StructureKarin Schon; Fiscal Year: 2011..Andrew E. Budson, M.D., an expert in cognitive and behavioral neurology, who is known for his work on cognitive dysfunction and memory dysfunction in Alzheimer's Disease, and Dr...
- Effect of White Matter Disease on Gait and Balance in Cerebral Amyloid AngiopathyAnand Viswanathan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The applicant is a junior faculty member in the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School...
- Full Human Genome Sequencing in ALSRobert H Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..The laboratory of Dr. Robert Brown (PI, Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School) has a longstanding expertise in the genetics of ALS...
- Molecular control of neurogenesis in the adult subventricular zoneMasato Nakafuku; Fiscal Year: 2013..types of neurons after damage by manipulating endogenous NPCs is one of the important goals in restorative neurology. Yet, our understanding of the mechanisms underlying this important phenomenon is still very limited, and ..
- Erythropoietin and Neurogenesis after Neonatal StrokeFERNANDO FRANCISCO GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Donna Ferriero, Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics at UCSF, who is a leading expert in basic science and clinical research of neonatal brain injury, ..
- Neurologic manifestations of cerebrovascular disease in Da Nang, Viet NamAnnette L Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2010..Radiology Departments at the Da Nang Hospital;and the University of Washington Departments of Epidemiology and Neurology to meet the following objectives: (1) assess the research and training needs to conduct comprehensive studies ..
- Postdoc Training in Translational Research in Neural Injury and NeurodegenerationMarc A Dichter; Fiscal Year: 2010..translational research in neural injury and neurodegeneration for MDs or MD-PhDs who finish clinical training in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine or any other clinical neuroscience ..
- Brain Matters 3: Values at the Crossroads of Neurology, Psychiatry, and PsychologPAUL JASON FORD; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Brain Matters 3: Values at the crossroads of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Psychology October 24-25, 2012;Cleveland, Ohio Overview: This conference addresses ethical dilemmas in the treatment and ..
- Role of Genes in Exceptional Longevity in HumansNIR J BARZILAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..This program brings together a strong interdisciplinary team of investigators from gerontology, neurology, genetics, epidemiology, statistics and statistical genetics mainly from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, ..
- Identifying the Neural Basis and Functional Role of Emotional Empathy in DementiaVIRGINIA EMILY STURM; Fiscal Year: 2013..the following goals: (1) to gain expertise in neurodegenerative disease, differential diagnosis, and behavioral neurology;(2) to advance her knowledge of psychophysiology by learning a new method, facial electromyography;(3) to become ..
- Investigating the RhoA/ROCK pathway for the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseJEREMY HARTFORD HERSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the first year of the K99 phase, I will attend a Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory training course in Molecular Neurology and Neuropathology and the Analytical &Quantitative Light Microscopy course at the Marine Biological ..
- Changing tau Protein Levels and tau Protein Isoforms in Mouse Models of DementiaTimothy M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..He has recently started as an Assistant Professor in Neurology at Washington University and is now seeking support for further mentorship as he focuses on a novel treatment ..
- FOXP2-Regulated Signaling Pathways Critical for Higher Cognitive FunctionsGenevieve Konopka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, the Department of Neurology and Brain Research Institute at UCLA will provide all of the resources needed to successfully complete this ..
- 2010 Gordon Research Conference on Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and DiseEdward Conway; Fiscal Year: 2010..cell biology, hematology, innate immunity, infectious diseases, oncology, endocrinology, obstetrics, nephrology, neurology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, developmental biology, and tissue engineering...
- The Effect of Low Frequency STN DBS on Sleep and Vigilance in PD PatientsAMY WILLIS AMARA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Her subsequent clinical residency training in neurology and fellowship training in both Movement Disorders and Sleep Medicine provide a framework upon which this ..
- TRAINING IN CLINICAL AND BASIC NEUROSCIENCEEVA LUCILLE FELDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..program in disease-oriented neuroscience has been funded for the past 29 years, and involves the Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, Human Genetics, ..
- DISCOVERY OF CHEMICAL PROBES FOR METHYL-LYSINE READERSSTEPHEN VERNON FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..of chromatin state are of great significance in the fields of epigenetics, oncology, developmental biology, neurology, stem cell fate and regenerative medicine...
- DRUG DEPENDENCE CLINICAL RESEARCH PROGRAMReese T Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..Disciplines represented by the participating projects and investigators include psychiatry, clinical psychology, neurology, general internal medicine, cardiology and clinical pharmacology, psychopharmacology, toxicology, genetics, ..
- Prevalence of FMRI Expansions in Movement DisordersDeborah A Hall; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal describes a research and training program for the development of a clinician-investigator in neurology. The principal investigator, Dr...
- Genetics of Parkinsonism in a Special Population of Untreated SchizophreniaGabriel Alejandro De Erausquin; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a neurologist/psychiatrist with training in neurobiology, and an assistant professorof psychiatry and neurology at the Washington University School of Medicine (WUStL),a world leading institution in genetics and epidemiology ..
- Long Term Effects of Diet and Exercise on Early Diabetic NeuropathyLindsay Zilliox; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant, Dr. Lindsay Zilliox, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Maryland within two years of completing fellowship training who aims to become an ..
- Aerobic Exercise, Neurotrophins, and fMRI of Hippocampal Function and StructureKarin Schon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Andrew E. Budson, M.D., an expert in cognitive and behavioral neurology, who is known for his work on cognitive dysfunction and memory dysfunction in Alzheimer's Disease, and Dr...
- Using Outcomes Analyses to Inform Implementation of NINDS Clinical TrialsJAMES FRANCIS BURKE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Second, we will develop a model to concurrently perform similar translational analyses in the Neurology Emergency Treatment Trials (NETT) network. These objectives will be addressed through 3 specific aims: 1...
- Mechanisms and Treatment of Network Dysfunction in Alzheimer's DiseaseKEITH ALAN VOSSEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate is a physician-scientist with a strong commitment to a career in academic neurology focused on identifying novel therapies for AD and related dementias...
- 2011 Apoptotic Cell Recognition and Clearance Gordon Research Conference and GordAdam Lacy-Hulbert; Fiscal Year: 2011..researchers from a wide area of research including biochemistry, cell, developmental and structural biology, neurology, immunology, and pharmacology, and is aimed at explaining basic concepts as well as clinical implications...
- TRAINING IN BIOMOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGYDavid H Farb; Fiscal Year: 2013..are also located in departments of Anatomy &Neurobiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, Neurology, Pathology, Physiology and Biophysics, Psychiatry, and Psychology...
- Multimodal Biomarkers in Frontotemporal Lobar DegenerationCorey T McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be conducted at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in the Department of Neurology, the Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research (CNDR), and the Penn Bioinformatics Center where I have ..
- Epilepsy Training GrantJohn R Huguenard; Fiscal Year: 2013..faculty in the Departments of Biological Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Comparative Medicine, Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Neurobiology, and Psychiatry at Stanford University to attract fellows to careers in ..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING PROGRAM IN LUNG DISEASETheodore J Standiford; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pathology, Radiology, Human Genetics, Microbiology &Immunology, Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Neurology, and Pediatrics...
- Patient Oriented Research Program in Neuro-oncologyVinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2013..brain tumors;This has been possible due to my training in basic research and experience in clinical care in both neurology and neuro-oncology, which allow me to specifically conduct patient-oriented research related to neurological ..
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Baylor College of Medicine, is well-suited for the proposed research and training goals because of the breadth of experimental resources it offers and the number of accessible experts in neurology and cardiology.
- Improving Outcomes in Hydrocephalus: Bridging the Gap between Basic Science and CJames McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2009..conference will bring together scientists from multiple disciplines including basic neuroscience, neurosurgery, neurology, psychiatry/psychology, neurotrauma, developmental disorders, neural tube defects, bioengineering, infectious ..
- A Caribbean Project for Clinical and Basic Neuroscience ResearchEDMUNDO NELSON KRAISELBURD; Fiscal Year: 2011..The chairman of the Department of Neurology, Dr...
- DIRECT BRAIN INTERFACE BASED ON EVENT DETECTION IN ECOGSIMON LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2002..of Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Surgery and Radiology from the University of Michigan; the Departments of Neurology from the Henry Ford ..
- Dementia and Disability in Thai ElderlyJeffrey Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2005..unites the expertise of the UCLA Alzheimer's Disease Center and the Neurodegenerative Disease and Behavioral Neurology Section of the Division of Neurology of Mahidol University to respond to a newly instituted public health ..
- Neuroimaging of MS - State of the Art and Future DirectionsOded Gonen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The target audience is interdisciplinary: PhD and MD (radiology and neurology) experts in the fields of multiple sclerosis (MS) imaging and management...
- EFFICACY OF TRICYCLICS IN TREATING CANCER PAINJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 1999Dr. John T. Farrar, Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (UPMC) is applying for a Clinical Investigator Award to pursue an academic career focusing on the clinical investigation of cancer pain ..
- STATE OF THE ART PET SCANNER FOR MEDICAL RESEARCHMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 1999..Several groups of investigators, from the Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology and Cardiology have initiated NIH-funded PET research programs with this instrument...
- 11th International Myasthenia Gravis MeetingRICHARD BAROHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The conference is being organized by Richard Barohn, MD, Professor and Chair of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center and Henry J...
- Effect of temporal lobectomy on sensory deficits in TLEArthur Grant; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate is trained in clinical neurology and neurophysiology, and completed a Ph.D. thesis in basic visual neurophysiology...
- Semantic Network Flexibility Modulation/Autism SpectrumDavid Beversdorf; Fiscal Year: 2007I am a new faculty member in Neurology with fellowship training in Cognitive Neurology...
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC RESEARCH IN NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGYLaura Balcer; Fiscal Year: 2000..Traditionally, diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making in neurology and neuro-ophthalmology has relied heavily upon descriptive case series data...
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF PML IN AIDSIgor Koralnik; Fiscal Year: 2001..R.C. Gallo's laboratory at the National institutes of Health. he is currently in his last year of residency in Neurology at the Harvard-Longwood Neurology Training Program...
- HUMAN AXONAL REGENERATION IN DIABETIC NEUROPATHYMichael Polydefkis; Fiscal Year: 2005Dr. Polydefkis is a Neurology Fellow at Johns Hopkins. He has spent the past two years training in electrophysiology and neuromuscular disease emphasizing applications of skin biopsy to evaluate small fiber nerves...
- BRAIN-BEHAVIOR RELATIONS IN SCHIZOPHRENIA: IMPACT OF SEXJill Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 1993..relationships between brain function and structure, as operationalized by tools in neuropsycology, behavioral neurology, and neuroanatomy...