Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the study of inflammatory or degenerative processes and metabolic derangement of connective tissue structures which pertain to a variety of musculoskeletal disorders, such as arthritis.
Publications342 found, 100 shown here
- The prevalence of underpowered randomized clinical trials in rheumatologyHelen I Keen
Rheumatology Unit, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Rheumatol 32:2083-8. 2005The conduct of underpowered randomized controlled trials (RCT) has recently been criticized in medical journals. We investigated the current prevalence of underpowered RCT in rheumatology.
- International League of Associations for Rheumatology classification of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: second revision, Edmonton, 2001Ross E Petty
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Rheumatol 31:390-2. 2004
- The American College of Rheumatology preliminary diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia and measurement of symptom severityFrederick Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS 67214, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:600-10. 2010....
- EULAR recommendations for the management of early arthritis: report of a task force of the European Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutics (ESCISIT)B Combe
Immuno Rhumatologie, Lapeyronie Hosp, Montpellier, France
Ann Rheum Dis 66:34-45. 2007..To formulate EULAR recommendations for the management of early arthritis...
- The 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: Phase 2 methodological reportTuhina Neogi
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:2582-91. 2010The American College of Rheumatology and the European League Against Rheumatism have developed new classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Rheumatoid arthritis disease activity measures: American College of Rheumatology recommendations for use in clinical practiceJaclyn Anderson
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:640-7. 2012..The American College of Rheumatology (ACR) convened a Working Group (WG) to comprehensively evaluate the validity, feasibility, and acceptability of ..
- Standardised nomenclature for glucocorticoid dosages and glucocorticoid treatment regimens: current questions and tentative answers in rheumatologyF Buttgereit
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 61:718-22. 2002In rheumatology and other medical specialties there is a discrepancy between the widespread use and the imprecise designation of glucocorticoid treatment regimens...
- British Society for Rheumatology and british health professionals in Rheumatology guideline for the management of rheumatoid arthritis (the first two years)R Luqmani
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Windmill Road, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1167-9. 2006
- Effects of training on general practitioners' management of pain in osteoarthritis: a randomized multicenter studyOlivier Chassany
Département de la Recherche Clinique et du Développement de l Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Rheumatol 33:1827-34. 2006..To evaluate the effects of a short interactive training program for general practitioners (GP) on pain management in patients with osteoarthritis (OA)...
- 2013 classification criteria for systemic sclerosis: an American College of Rheumatology/European League against Rheumatism collaborative initiativeFrank van den Hoogen
St Maartenskliniek and Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 65:2737-47. 2013The 1980 American College of Rheumatology (ACR) classification criteria for systemic sclerosis (SSc) lack sensitivity for early SSc and limited cutaneous SSc...
- [German 2012 guidelines for the sequential medical treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Adapted EULAR recommendations and updated treatment algorithm]K Kruger
Praxiszentrum Rheumatologie, St Bonifatius Str 5, 81541, Munchen, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 71:592-603. 2012..If treatment with biologicals remains ineffective, changing to another biological is recommended after 3-6 months. In cases of long-standing remission a controlled reduction of medical treatment can be considered...
- Associations between the American College of Rheumatology pediatric response measures and the continuous measures of disease activity used in adult rheumatoid arthritis: a secondary analysis of clinical trial data from children with polyarticular-course jSarah Ringold
Seattle Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, and University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:3776-83. 2009To measure associations between the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) pediatric criteria for improvement and the continuous measures of disease activity used for rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients with polyarticular-course ..
- Management of psoriatic arthritis: the therapeutic interface between rheumatology and dermatologyPhilip Mease
Seattle Rheumatology Associates, Division of Rheumatology Research, Swedish Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1101 Madison Street, Suite 1000, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 8:348-54. 2006....
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound--a state of the art review in rheumatology. Part 2: Clinical indications for musculoskeletal ultrasound in rheumatologyD Kane
School of Clinical and Medical Sciences Rheumatology, Cookson Building, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:829-38. 2004..A central issue in the application of MSUS in clinical rheumatology is the need for proof of clinical relevance and improved patient care...
- Validation of American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for knee osteoarthritis using arthroscopically defined cartilage damage scoresChristopher W Wu
University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:197-201. 2005To validate the ability of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) clinical classification criteria and the ACR clinical plus radiographic classification criteria for osteoarthritis of the knee to predict articular cartilage damage.
- Advances in rheumatology: new targeted therapeuticsPaul P Tak
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology F4 105, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 13:S5. 2011..The key challenge is identifying how best to integrate these new, advanced therapies into daily practice...
- The epidemiology of ankylosing spondylitis and the commencement of anti-TNF therapy in daily rheumatology practiceBert Vander Cruyssen
Rheumatology Department, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 90000 Ghent, Belgium
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1072-7. 2007This study aimed to describe the epidemiology of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in rheumatology practice at the beginning of the anti-TNF (tumour necrosis factor) era, and to evaluate the initiation of anti-TNF therapy in a clinical setting ..
- Management of rheumatoid arthritis: consensus recommendations from the Hong Kong Society of RheumatologyChi Chiu Mok
Department of Medicine, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Clin Rheumatol 30:303-12. 2011..availability of novel biologic agents for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), the Hong Kong Society of Rheumatology has developed consensus recommendations on the management of RA, which aim at providing guidance to local ..
- Prevalence of the American College of Rheumatology classification criteria in a group of 162 systemic lupus erythematosus patients from CroatiaMislav Cerovec
Mislav Cerovec, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Kispaticeva 12, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 53:149-54. 2012..diagnosed and treated at the outpatient clinic of our Division fulfilling at least four American College of Rheumatology (ACR) classification criteria at the time of the study, to determine the prevalence of each of the criteria at ..
- Worldwide research productivity in the field of rheumatology from 1996 to 2010: a bibliometric analysisTao Cheng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shanghai Sixth People sHospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:1630-4. 2013Bibliometric studies concerning the quantity and quality of articles published in rheumatology journals are scarce...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine by arthritis patients in a university hospital clinic serving rheumatology patients in KoreaHyun Ah Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, 445 Gil Dong, Kangdong gu, Seoul 134 401, Korea
Rheumatol Int 23:277-81. 2003..We conducted a survey of patients in rheumatology clinics affiliated with a university hospital. One hundred fifty patients (68...
- Temporomandibular disorders seen in rheumatology practices: A reviewSaadet Saglam Atsu
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Kirikkale, Kirikkale, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 26:781-7. 2006..the recent temporomandibular disorders literature and summarizes the temporomandibular disorders seen in rheumatology practices. Arthritis is a common condition affecting the temporomandibular joint...
- Postpublication validation of the 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: where do we stand?Jennifer H Humphreys
Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Inflammation and Repair, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Manchester, UK
Curr Opin Rheumatol 25:157-63. 2013To summarise the results of the validation studies testing the 2010 American College of Rheumatology (ACR)/European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) to date and highlight the areas ..
- Choosing wisely: the American College of Rheumatology's Top 5 list of things physicians and patients should questionJinoos Yazdany
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0920, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:329-39. 2013We sought to develop a list of 5 tests, treatments, or services commonly used in rheumatology practice whose necessity or value should be questioned and discussed by physicians and patients.
- Recommendations for the use of biologic therapy in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: update from the Italian Society for RheumatologyCarlo Salvarani
Rheumatology Unit, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S28-41. 2011To update the 2006 Italian Society for Rheumatology recommendations for the use of biologic (TNF-α blocking) agents in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
- Modern psychometrics applied in rheumatology--a systematic reviewLiseth Siemons
Department of Psychology, Health and Technology, Arthritis Center Twente, University of Twente, PO Box 217, Enschede, 7500 AE, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:216. 2012..An overview of the use and application of IRT in rheumatology to date may give insight into future research directions and highlight new possibilities for the improvement of ..
- Changing attitudes towards online electronic health records and online patient documentation in rheumatology outpatientsJutta G Richter
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Rheumatology, University Hospital Duesseldorf, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:261-4. 2010..electronic health records (EHRs), but little is known about the acceptance of these features and trends in rheumatology patients...
- Enhancement of undergraduate rheumatology teaching through the use of musculoskeletal ultrasoundS A Wright
Musculoskeletal Education and Research Unit, Queens University Belfast, Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast BT9 7JB, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1564-6. 2008..Accordingly, we wished to explore the usefulness of a short practical ultrasound course for medical undergraduates in learning basic and pathological features of the musculoskeletal system...
- [Guidelines of the Israeli association of rheumatology for the prevention of tuberculosis in patients treated with TNF-alpha blockers]Ori Elkayam
Department of Rheumatology, Tel Aviv Medical Center
Harefuah 146:235-7, 244. 2007The use of TNFalpha blockers is associated with reactivation of tuberculosis. The Israeli Association of Rheumatology nominated a committee to determine guidelines for the prevention of tuberculosis in patients taking TNFalpha blockers...
- The cost of care of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis patients in tertiary care rheumatology units in TurkeySimten Malhan
Baskent University Faculty of Health Sciences, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:202-7. 2012..To determine the direct and indirect costs due to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS) patients in Turkey...
- American College of Rheumatology provisional criteria for defining clinical inactive disease in select categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritisCarol A Wallace
Seattle Children s Hospital and University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:929-36. 2011..To prospectively validate the preliminary criteria for clinical inactive disease (CID) in patients with select categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- PRINTO/PRES international website for families of children with rheumatic diseases: www.pediatric-rheumatology.printo.itN Ruperto
Paediatric Rheumatology INternational Trials Organisation PRINTO, IRCCS G Gaslini, Pediatria II Reumatologia, Largo Gaslini, 5, 16147 Genova, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1101-6. 2005..To prepare a website for families and health professionals containing up to date information about paediatric rheumatic diseases (PRD)...
- Number, characteristics, and classification of patients with dermatomyositis seen by dermatology and rheumatology departments at a large tertiary medical centerRhonda Q Klein
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:937-43. 2007..The current diagnostic criteria for dermatomyositis (DM) exclude patients without muscle involvement. As a result there is a paucity of research related to the complete spectrum of the disease...
- Diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome-a comparison of Association of the Medical Scientific Societies in Germany, survey, and American College of Rheumatology criteriaWinfried Häuser
Department of Internal Medicine I, Klinikum Saarbrücken gGmbH, Saarbrucken, Germany
Clin J Pain 26:505-11. 2010..had been developed to overcome problems associated with tender point criterion of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) (lacking validation for clinical diagnosis, inconsistent use by rheumatologists, and nonrheumatologists) ..
- Patient priorities of care in rheumatology outpatient clinics: a qualitative studyVicky Ward
ACUMeN, 2nd Floor, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Chapeltown Road, Leeds, LS7 4SA, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 5:216-28. 2007..To provide more understanding of what rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients want and need from an outpatient visit...
- Primary prevention in rheumatology: the importance of hyperuricemiaJanitzia Vazquez-Mellado
Rheumatology Service, Hospital General de Mexico, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Dr Balmis 148, Col Doctores, 06726 Mexico City, Mexico
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 18:111-24. 2004..Patients with chronic HU and also those with gout require both medical investigation for associated diseases or drugs as well as nutritional counseling and life-style changes. HU should alert physicians to possible complications...
- Internet use and e-mail communications between patients and providers: a survey of rheumatology outpatientsChokkalingam Siva
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 14:318-23. 2008..As health care costs rise in the United States and elsewhere, adopting health information technology is being advocated to reduce costs and improve efficiency...
- Ultrasonography and the rheumatologistWalter Grassi
Cattedra di Reumatologia, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:55-60. 2007An update of the latest developments in ultrasonography in rheumatology. Indications, technical aspects and representative examples of the potential of ultrasonography are illustrated...
- Herbal medications commonly used in the practice of rheumatology: mechanisms of action, efficacy, and side effectsArathi R Setty
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Rheumatology, Boston, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:773-84. 2005..To review the literature on herbal preparations commonly utilized in the treatment of rheumatic indications...
- Patterns of analgesic use, pain and self-efficacy: a cross-sectional study of patients attending a hospital rheumatology clinicRuth Blamey
School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:137. 2009Many people attending rheumatology clinics use analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for persistent musculoskeletal pain...
- Recommendations of the French Society for Rheumatology regarding TNFalpha antagonist therapy in patients with ankylosing spondylitis or psoriatic arthritis: 2007 updateThao Pham
Rheumatology Department, La Conception Teaching Hospital, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13005 Marseille, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:638-46. 2007To update French Society for Rheumatology guidelines regarding the use of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) antagonists for treating patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) or psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
- Establishment of a pilot pediatric registry for chronic vasculitis is both essential and feasible: a Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Alliance (CARRA) surveyNicholas M R Wilkinson
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Paediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Rheumatol 34:224-6. 2007..To identify the need for, and feasibility of, establishing a web-based USA/Canadian registry of children with chronic systemic vasculitis--an otherwise insufficiently studied population...
- Availability of pediatric rheumatology training in United States pediatric residenciesMichelle L Mayer
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:836-42. 2006To characterize the availability of pediatric rheumatology training in general pediatric residencies.
- Preliminary core set of domains and reporting requirements for longitudinal observational studies in rheumatologyF Wolfe
University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, USA
J Rheumatol 26:484-9. 1999..be provided by randomized controlled trials, and they constitute the major clinical scientific communication in rheumatology. There has been no consensus as to the full and appropriate content of LOS...
- High-dose oral vitamin D3 supplementation in rheumatology patients with severe vitamin D3 deficiencyCord von Restorff
Triemli Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Bone 45:747-9. 2009..The aim of this report is to describe changes of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) serum concentrations achieved with a single oral dose of 300000 IU vitamin D3...
- Value of Disease Activity Score 28 (DAS28) and DAS28-3 compared to American College of Rheumatology-defined remission in rheumatoid arthritisAlejandro Balsa
Rheumatology Unit, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
J Rheumatol 31:40-6. 2004..28 (DAS28) and DAS28-3 (excluding patients' evaluation of disease activity) compared to American College of Rheumatology (ACR) preliminary criteria in established rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and to examine the value of each ACR ..
- The use of the Internet as a resource for health information among patients attending a rheumatology clinicM M Gordon
Department of Rheumatology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1402-5. 2002To determine the proportion of patients attending a rheumatology clinic who have access to a computer with Internet capabilities, to establish how often they search for health information, and how difficult or useful they find this ..
- Improved influenza and pneumococcal vaccination in rheumatology patients taking immunosuppressants using an electronic health record best practice alertLindsay J Ledwich
Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1505-10. 2009..EHR) best practice alert (BPA), a clinical reminder to help guideline adherence, improved vaccination rates in rheumatology patients receiving immunosuppressants...
- The PedsQL Multidimensional Fatigue Scale in pediatric rheumatology: reliability and validityJames W Varni
Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Architecture, Texas A and M University, 3137 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 3137, USA
J Rheumatol 31:2494-500. 2004..The PedsQL 3.0 Rheumatology Module was designed to measure pediatric rheumatology-specific HRQOL. Methods...
- Networking in paediatrics: the example of the Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organisation (PRINTO)Nicolino Ruperto
Pediatria II, Reumatologia, University of Genoa, EULAR Centre of Excellence in Rheumatology 2008 13, IRCCS G Gaslini, Largo G Gaslini 5, Genoa, Italy
Arch Dis Child 96:596-601. 2011..Two very large international trial networks--the Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group (PRCSG) and the Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organisation (PRINTO)--..
- Depression, fatigue, and pain in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): relationship to the American College of Rheumatology SLE neuropsychological batteryElizabeth Kozora
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:628-35. 2006..and to examine the relationship between a cognitive impairment index (CII) derived from the American College of Rheumatology neuropsychology research battery of tests for SLE (ACR-SLE battery) and measures of depression, pain, fatigue, ..
- The promise of PROMIS: using item response theory to improve assessment of patient-reported outcomesJ F Fries
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:S53-7. 2005..PROMIS tools, expected to improve precision and enable assessment at the individual patient level which should broaden the appeal of PROs, will begin to be available to the general medical community in 2008...
- A comparison of the views of rheumatologists, general practitioners and patients on the treatment of osteoarthritisJ Chard
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1208-10. 2002
- Ultrasound imaging for the rheumatologistE Filippucci
Cattedra di Reumatologia, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Jesi, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:1-5. 2006..This review discusses the most important issues connected with the practice of US in rheumatology including: basic requirements, scanning technique, clinical applications, training and future developments...
- Prescribing "placebo treatments": results of national survey of US internists and rheumatologistsJon C Tilburt
Department of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMJ 337:a1938. 2008..To describe the attitudes and behaviours regarding placebo treatments, defined as a treatment whose benefits derive from positive patient expectations and not from the physiological mechanism of the treatment itself...
- Educational issues in rheumatology. The musculoskeletal examination: a neglected skillJan Dequeker
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospitals K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Rheumatol 26:5-7. 2007
- Rheumatology nurses' work-related empowermentHeidi Juhola
Rheumatism Foundation, Heinola, Finland
Musculoskeletal Care 5:91-7. 2007The purpose of the study was to investigate rheumatology nurse specialists' work related empowerment.
- Ultrasonography for rheumatologists: the development of specific competency based educational outcomesA K Brown
Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Disease, University of Leeds, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Leeds LS7 4SA, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 65:629-36. 2006..Specific competency outcomes will facilitate informed development of a common curriculum and structured programme of training and assessment...
- Updating the British Society for Rheumatology guidelines for anti-tumour necrosis factor therapy in adult rheumatoid arthritis (again)C M Deighton
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:649-52. 2006
- Ankylosing spondylitis: a dual perspective of current issues and challengesMuhammad Asim Khan
Division of Rheumatology, Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Rheumatol Suppl 78:1-3. 2006....
- Benchmarking the nurse consultant role in rheumatologySarah Ryan
North Stoke Primary Care Trust, Stoke on Trent
Nurs Stand 20:52-7. 2006..how the four core standards for the nurse consultant role have been developed and applied in the field of rheumatology. The authors suggest that the standards: expert practice, leadership and service redesign, research and ..
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound--a state of the art review in rheumatology. Part 1: Current controversies and issues in the development of musculoskeletal ultrasound in rheumatologyD Kane
School of Clinical and Medical Sciences Rheumatology, Cookson Building, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:823-8. 2004..There are a number of critical issues that need to be addressed in order to develop the role of MSUS within rheumatology. These include issues of equipment costs, training and certification and the relationship of rheumatologists ..
- Ethical challenges in rheumatology: a survey of the American College of Rheumatology membershipC Ronald Mackenzie
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York
Arthritis Rheum 65:2524-32. 2013Despite the frequency of ethical issues arising in patient care, ethical discourse in the rheumatology literature is negligible...
- Impact on medical students of incorporating GALS screen teaching into the medical school curriculumR A Fox
Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional Education CHIME, Royal Free and University College, Medical School, London UK
Ann Rheum Dis 59:668-71. 2000..To assess the impact of GALS locomotor screen teaching to all 3rd year medical students, at a British medical school...
- Influence of anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy on cancer incidence in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who have had a prior malignancy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics RegisterW G Dixon
The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:755-63. 2010..To explore the influence of anti-tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNF) therapy upon the incidence of cancer in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and prior malignancy...
- Differences in the use of second-line agents and prednisone for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by rheumatologists and non-rheumatologistsL A Criswell
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Rheumatol 24:2283-90. 1997..To compare the use of methotrexate (MTX), intramuscular (i.m.) gold, hydroxychloroquine, and prednisone for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatment among patients managed by rheumatologists and nonrheumatologists...
- Vitamin D supplementation in the pediatric rheumatology clinicEmily Von Scheven
Pediatric Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0107, 533 Parnassus Avenue, Room U 126, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:110-6. 2011....
- Patients' needs and expectations with regard to rheumatology nursing care: results of multicentre focus group interviewsYvonne van Eijk-Hustings
Department of Integrated Care Rheumatology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 72:831-5. 2013The contribution of rheumatology nurses to improved patient outcomes is increasingly recognised but more research is needed about the effects of interventions...
- "If i wasn't this robust": patients' expectations and experiences at the Outcome Measures in Rheumatology Conference 2010Maarten P T de Wit
Department of Medical Humanities, VU Medical Centre, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient 6:179-87. 2013..Patients are incidentally involved in scientific conferences as collaborating partners. Little is known about how they engage with researchers...
- Assessing tactile acuity in rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine--how reliable are two-point discrimination tests at the neck, hand, back and foot?Mark J Catley
Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:1454-61. 2013..This study aimed to determine the utility, intra- and inter-rater reliability, bias and variability of TPD threshold assessment at the neck, back, hand and foot using mechanical callipers...
- Introducing new tools for assessment of parent- and child-reported outcomes in paediatric rheumatology practice: a work in progressGiovanni Filocamo
Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:964-8. 2013..recognised that regular assessment of parent- and child-reported outcomes (PCROs) in routine paediatric rheumatology practice may help to increase the quality of care of children with rheumatic diseases...
- Biologic agents in rheumatology: unmet issues after 200 trials and $200 billion salesJohn P A Ioannidis
Stanford Prevention Research Centre, Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1265 Welch Road, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 9:665-73. 2013....
- Validity of the new American College of Rheumatology criteria for neuropsychiatric lupus syndromes: a population-based evaluationH Ainiala
Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 45:419-23. 2001To assess the validity of the recently developed American College of Rheumatology (ACR) nomenclature for neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus (NPSLE).
- Italian evidence-based recommendations for the management of ankylosing spondylitis: the 3E Initiative in RheumatologyS D' Angelo
Rheumatology Department of Lucania, San Carlo Hospital of Potenza and Madonna delle Grazie Hospital of Matera, Potenza Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:1005-11. 2008..The objective of the Italian part of the 3E Initiative was to develop new recommendations designed to help Italian rheumatologists in everyday clinical practice management of patients suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Accelerated infusion rates of rituximab are well tolerated and safe in rheumatology practice: a single-centre experienceMeryem Can
School of Medicine, Deparment of Rheumatology, Pendik Training and Research Hospital, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 32:87-90. 2013..In this study of fast infusions, adverse events after RTX were mostly mild and seem to be well tolerated. Faster rituximab infusion times seem to be safe and might be incorporated into routine practice...
- The advent of biosimilar therapies in rheumatology--"O brave new world"Morton A Scheinberg
Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Avenida Albert Einstein, 627 Building A1, Rm 110, Morumbi, Sao Paulo SP, CEP 05652 000, Brazil
Nat Rev Rheumatol 8:430-6. 2012..In addition, major safety and efficacy concerns must be addressed before a rheumatologist can routinely substitute an innovator pharmaceutical with a biosimilar product...
- Measurement of global functional performance in patients with rheumatoid arthritis using rheumatology function testsAGUSTIN ESCALANTE
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R315-25. 2004..We derived a scale to quantify global physical function in RA, using three performance-based rheumatology function tests (RFTs)...
- Pilot study of the development of a theory-based instrument to evaluate the communication process during multidisciplinary team conferences in rheumatologyJ Verhoef
Clinical Informatics Room C0 47, Postzone H0 Q, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 74:783-90. 2005..To determine the outcome of interventions aimed at improving communication during team conferences, a reliable and valid assessment method is needed...
- Assessment of clinical nurse specialists in rheumatology using an OSCESarah Ryan
Staffordshire Rheumatology Centre, Haywood Hospital, Burslem, Stoke on Trent, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 5:119-29. 2007To introduce a new method of assessment; an observed structured clinical examination (OSCE) into a postgraduate course for rheumatology clinical nurse specialists.
- The Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity and Severity Index: expansion for rheumatology and dermatologyM S Krathen
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:338-44. 2008..To evaluate the validity of the Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus Disease Area and Severity Index (CLASI) for use by rheumatologists via reliability testing, and to extend the validation for dermatologists...
- Predictors of delayed referral to a pediatric rheumatology centerN Tzaribachev
University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 61:1367-72. 2009To report on referral patterns of primary physicians for children subsequently diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and to identify predictors of delayed referral to a pediatric rheumatology center.
- Comparing fibromyalgia patients from primary care and rheumatology settings: clinical and psychosocial featuresAna Lledó Boyer
Departamento de Psicologia de la Salud, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Campus de San Juan, Crta N 332, 03550, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Rheumatol Int 29:1151-60. 2009..A total of 315 participants were recruited from primary care (PC) (n=101) and rheumatology settings (RS) (n=214)...
- Rheumatology patient preferences for timing and location of out-patient clinicsK M J Douglas
Department of Rheumatology, The Guest Hospital, Tipton Road, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 4SE, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:80-2. 2005To determine the preferences of rheumatology patients for the time and location of their out-patient appointments.
- Methotrexate: long-term safety and efficacy in an Australian consultant rheumatology practiceN Varatharajan
Western Sydney Clinical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Intern Med J 39:228-36. 2009....
- Rheumatology nurse practitioners' perceptions of their roleLeslie Goh
Department of Rheumatology, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 4:88-100. 2006To identify the current practices of rheumatology nurse practitioners and ascertain their perceptions of how their role could be enhanced.
- The new criteria for classification of rheumatoid arthritis: what we need to know for clinical practiceSalvatore Corrao
Dipartimento Biomedico di Medicina Interna e Specialistica, University of Palermo, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 22:217-9. 2011..On the contrary, the old criteria of the American College of Rheumatology had been tested to calculate sensitivity and specificity...
- Parent satisfaction with the electronic medical record in an academic pediatric rheumatology practicePaul Rosen
Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
J Med Internet Res 13:e40. 2011..Patient satisfaction has not been widely studied with respect to implementation of the electronic medical record (EMR). There are few reports of the impact of the EMR in pediatrics...
- The PedsQL in pediatric rheumatology: reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory Generic Core Scales and Rheumatology ModuleJames W Varni
Center for Children s Health Outcomes, Children s Hospital and Health Center and University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, 92123, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:714-25. 2002..The 22-item PedsQL 3.0 Rheumatology Module was designed to measure pediatric rheumatology-specific HRQOL...
- Rheumatology education in Europe: results of a survey of young rheumatologistsFrancesca Bandinelli
Department of Biomedicine, Denothe Centre, Division of Rheumatology AOUC, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:843-5. 2011..To evaluate the level of education and participation in an internship abroad and to European league against rheumatism (EULAR) on line course of young rheumatologists. To define new tools for learning...
- [Pain in Spanish rheumatology outpatient offices: EPIDOR epidemiological study]F Gamero Ruiz
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid
Rev Clin Esp 205:157-63. 2005To establish the prevalence and characteristics of rheumatologic pain in Spanish adult population cared in specialized rheumatology offices.
- Computerized information-gathering in specialist rheumatology clinics: an initial evaluation of an electronic version of the Short Form 36A S Wilson
Department of Rheumatology, Division of Immunity and Infection, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:268-73. 2002..We assessed an initial version of an electronic Short Form 36 (SF-36), a well-established health assessment questionnaire, in comparison with standard paper forms, in two specialist rheumatology clinics.
- Medically unexplained symptoms in patients referred to a specialist rheumatology service: prevalence and associationsN L Maiden
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:108-12. 2003To determine the prevalence of medically unexplained rheumatic symptoms amongst patients newly referred to a rheumatology out-patient service and to examine their relationship with pain, disability, socioeconomic factors and the presence ..
- Recommendations for the content and conduct of European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) musculoskeletal ultrasound coursesE Naredo
Rheumatology Department, Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1017-22. 2008..To develop education guidelines for the conduct of future European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSUS) courses...
- Rheumatology training in the United Kingdom: the trainees' perspectiveS G Dubey
Academic Unit of Medical Education, Coleridge House, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield S5 7AU, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:896-900. 2004b>Rheumatology training has undergone significant changes in the last decade with Calmanization, implementation of the New Deal for junior doctors and newer educational strategies for improving musculoskeletal training, like a core ..
- Longitudinal analysis of a pediatric rheumatology clinic populationAlan M Rosenberg
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Saskatchewan, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W8, Canada
J Rheumatol 32:1992-2001. 2005To analyze a prospectively maintained pediatric rheumatology clinic disease registry.
- Experience of six years of a regional peer review scheme in rheumatologyH Piper
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1110-5. 2006Following discussions on peer review by the British Society for Rheumatology, the West Midlands Rheumatology Service and Training Committee established a peer review scheme for the West Midlands in 1998...
- Rheumatology: a study of patient satisfaction with follow-up monitoring careValerie Arthur
Rheumatology Department, Selly Oak Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
J Clin Nurs 13:325-31. 2004This paper reports the findings of a quantitative study to determine the satisfaction of rheumatology patients receiving follow-up monitoring care within primary and secondary locations.
- Telephone helplines in rheumatologyR A Hughes
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:197-9. 2003
- Are patient questionnaire scores as "scientific" as laboratory tests for rheumatology clinical care?Theodore Pincus
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10003, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 68:130-9. 2010..Advances in therapy require laboratory science, but patient questionnaires provide optimal "scientific" data for clinical care...
- Ethical issues in rheumatology clinical trialsJeremy Sugarman
Bioethics and Medicine at Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University, MD 21205, USA
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 4:356-63. 2008Clinical trials in rheumatology are necessarily associated with an array of ethical issues that vary according to the type of trial under consideration...
- Molecular Markers for Progression of Pulmonary Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisShervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assassi is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Rheumatology and in the Center for Clinical Research and Evidence Based Medicine...
- Oklahoma Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceJudith A James; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pediatric IDDM and rheumatology clinics are housed across the street at OUHSC and a large, community based multiple sclerosis clinic will ..
- Autoimmunity Center of Excellence (ACE) at StanfordCHARLES GARRISON FATHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..to demonstrate both accomplishment and ability to work together with the following fields represented: Adult Rheumatology, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, and Pediatric Rheumatology...
- Comparative Effectiveness Research in Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases: Leveraging CACAROL A contact WALLACE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Development of the Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) has created the opportunities multi-center retrospective and prospective studies of ..
- Progression of Autoimmunity During Puberty in SLEKATHLEEN M O'NEIL; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will take advantage of an alliance of pediatric rheumatology investigators in the North America (Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance, CARRA) to ..
- Body composition, bone structure, and joint damage in rheumatoid arthritisJoshua F Baker; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The candidate is a junior investigator in rheumatology with advanced training in clinical epidemiology and a focus on patient-oriented research in chronic rheumatic diseases...
- Yale Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceKevan C Herold; Fiscal Year: 2013..component of the Yale Autoimmunity Center of Excellence involves physicians in the fields of Endocrinology, Rheumatology, and Gastroenterology...
- Osteoarthritis: Identification of Novel Imaging Biomarkers via 23Na/1H MRI at 7 TGregory Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..seminars will take place at: 1) the NYU School of Medicine within the Departments of Biostatistics, Radiology, Rheumatology, and Orthopedic Surgery, 2) the NYU Center of Excellence on Musculoskeletal Disease, and 3) the NIH-funded ..
- A Systems Biology Approach for Pediatric and Adult Autoimmune DiseasesMARIA VIRGINIA PASCUAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..These talented individuals have been enlisted from diverse programs with subspecialties in dermatology, rheumatology, neurology, pediatrics, and human immunology...
- Acupuncture for Aromatase Inhibitor-Related Arthralgias in Breast Cancer PatientsDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assessment and Quantification of Chronic Rheumatoid Affections of the Hands (M-SACRAH) and Outcome Measures in Rheumatology Clinical Trials and Osteoarthritis Research Society International criteria (OMERACT-OARSI), 2) quality of life ..
- The Role of CRACM1 in the Pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus ErythematosusPeter C Chien; Fiscal Year: 2013..He is a Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Chief of the Rheumatology Division at BIDMC, and Program Director for the Training Program in Autoimmunity at BIDMC...
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING IN PULMONARY RESEARCHMARK WALTER FRAMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Candidates from training programs in adult Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Allergy/Immunology/Rheumatology, Neonatology, and Infectious Diseases will be considered based on potential success in and commitment to a ..
- Predictive Ability of Gene Expression Signatures In Skin as SSc BiomarkersMONIQUE EVANGELINE HINCHCLIFF; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Hinchcliff is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in Rheumatology at Northwestern University, and Associate Clinical Director of the Northwestern Scleroderma Program...
- Urine biomarkers of lupus nephritis pathology and response to therapyJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2013..and outcomes at one year after start of induction therapy will be characterized by the American College of Rheumatology and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus International Cooperating Clinics renal response criteria...
- The Toll-like receptor pathway in Meniscal Injury and OsteoarthritisCARLA ROSE SCANZELLO; Fiscal Year: 2013..She has recently been recruited there to the Faculty of the Department of Medicine (Section of Rheumatology), having completed her Fellowship in Rheumatology at the Hospital for Special Surgery in June 2008...
- Scripps Translational Science Institute (TL1)ERIC JEFFREY TOPOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..For the past several years the senior fellows in Hematology and Oncology, in Allergy and Immunology, and in Rheumatology have devoted the majority of the final one or two years of their fellowship to translational research training...
- Cervical Dysplasia and Human Papillomavirus Infection in Rheumatoid Arthritis.SEOYOUNG CATHERINE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Postdoctoral Fellow in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics and the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH), undertaking a training in ..
- Benaroya Research Institute/UCDHSC Autoimmune Cooperative Study GroupGeorge S Eisenbarth; Fiscal Year: 2011..Within the Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, subspecialties include endocrinology, rheumatology, clinical immunology, nephrology, and pulmonary...
- Phase-contrast enhanced X-ray imaging system for small joints of handThomas J Beck; Fiscal Year: 2010..The system will be implemented and tested at the JHU Division of Rheumatology in collaboration with JHU physicians...
- Shared Decision Making In Pediatric Chronic Conditions: Biologics in IBD and JIAEllen A Lipstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the divisions of gastroenterology and rheumatology, where Dr...
- Phase-contrast X-ray imaging system for large jointsDan Stutman; Fiscal Year: 2012..This system will be made available to physicians at JHU Rheumatology and Radiology for first clinical studies on human patients...
- Motivational Interviewing and Physical Activity Behavior Change in ArthritisLinda Ehrlich-Jones; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, the NIAMS P60-funded Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Center in Rheumatology and the NCRR UL1-funded CTSA provide Northwestern University resources and support for my career development...
- Multi-Ethnic Study of Autoimmunity and Cardiovascular DiseaseDarcy S Majka; Fiscal Year: 2013..These Aims will be accomplished by a team of investigators in the Division of Rheumatology and Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University...
- PPAR-Gamma's Role in Aberrant Adipogenesis and Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisBENJAMIN DOUGLAS KORMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will help me to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become an independent investigator and ultimately a future leader in rheumatology and the field of SSc research.
- Collider Bias and the Risk Factor Paradoxes in Rheumatic Disease ResearchUYEN SA DUC TRAN NGUYEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..diseases through coursework and national conference attendance;(2) to obtain relevant didactic training in rheumatology and clinical epidemiology through Rheumatology Grand Rounds and journal clubs;(3) to gain knowledge and ..
- Interferon Alpha: The Link Between Lupus and Endothelial DysfunctionJOY N BUIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..currently not available in the laboratory and present work at conferences including the American College of Rheumatology Conference, Society for Free Radical Biology and Medicine Conference, and one of the many Gordon Conferences...
- Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation of Chronic Pelvic Pain SyndromeGERALD LOUIS ANDRIOLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..at Dallas Southwestern Medical School, that consists of researchers from several disciplines: anesthesiology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, neuroradiology, molecular microbiology, infectious disease, epidemiology, psychology, and ..
- The GIT2-PIX-PAK complex in T cell migration, activation and arthritisHyewon Phee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, I became an assistant adjunct professor in the Division of Rheumatology at UCSF...
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Health Behaviors among US WorkersALBERTO JUAN CABAN MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fellowship for Minority students will serve as a platform for me to develop a productive career in academic rheumatology and epidemiology, with an emphasis on investigating factors that are associated with musculoskeletal disorders ..
- Training Grant in Inflammatory and Fibrosing DiseasesGary S Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2013..to support basic and translational research training in Inflammatory and Fibrosing Diseases centered in the Rheumatology Division at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)...
- Dual-Energy Cone-Beam Tomographic Imaging and Analysis for Rheumatoid ArthritisJeffrey H Siewerdsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..An emerging advance in CT promises to transcend the conventional limitations of this modality in rheumatology - high-resolution cone-beam CT (CBCT) with dual-energy (DE) material decomposition...
- Cadherin-11 growth factor receptor interactions in RA fibroblast hyperplasiaERIKA HEIDI NOSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..and research plans outlined in this proposal provide a comprehensive platform to support the applicant's development into an independently-funded, academic researcher in rheumatology-focused basic and translational research.
- Outcomes Research in Rheumatic DiseasesDinesh Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2013..as a mentor, to establish a research training program for patient-oriented research (POR) in the Division of Rheumatology at the University of Michigan (UM), and to expand my current POR program...
- MCRC for Rheumatic Diseases in African AmericansGary S Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Center is built on a solid framework of strong leadership in Rheumatology, Biostatistics and Health Disparities Research coupled with trust and a proven track record of recruitment of ..
- The Role of Innate Immunity in Systemic and Cutaneous LupusJOANNE MICHELLE KAHLENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the Department of Internal Medicine and Divison of Rheumatology will protect my time for research and provide me with ample space and start-up funds to support my career and ..
- Short-Term Research Training: Students in Health Professional SchoolsJohn N Forrest; Fiscal Year: 2013..medicine (cardiology, digestive diseases, endocrinology, hematology, infectious disease, nephrology, pulmonary, rheumatology), laboratory medicine, molecular biophysics and biochemistry, molecular, cellular &developmental biology, ..
- Training Program in Systemic AutoimmunityGeorge C Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2012..Trainees will enter the program through one of the following tracks: Physicians who seek training in rheumatology or nephrology, physicians who enter other clinical fellowship programs including neurology and dermatology, ..
- Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation Clinical Research ConstructionStephen M Prescott; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Building on our strengths in rheumatology, autoimmunity and immunology, as well as our unique rural and American Indian patient populations, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) requests ..
- The Role of Gut and Skin Microbiome in Psoriatic ArthritisJose U Scher; Fiscal Year: 2013..Scher, MD, has a strong background in clinical immunology and rheumatology, as well as basic and translational research...
- Training Grant in Renal Function and DiseasePhillip Darwin Bell; Fiscal Year: 2013..yet highly compatible investigators in three closely aligned Divisions of Internal Medicine (Nephrology, Rheumatology, and Endocrinology), augmented by inclusion of selected senior faculty from other clinical and basic science ..
- ACR Basic Research ConferenceBruce Neil Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Professor of Medicine), a world-renowned B-cell biologist who was recently recruited to the Section of Rheumatology at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, and Dr. E. William St...
- Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis in WomenBing Lu; Fiscal Year: 2011..All RA incident cases were confirmed by 2 board-certified rheumatologists according to American College of Rheumatology classification criteria...
- Intrinsic Repair of the Knee MeniscusFarshid Guilak; Fiscal Year: 2011..This five-year project brings together a multidisciplinary team with expertise in bioengineering, biology, and rheumatology to study the role of biomechanical factors in mediating inflammation of the meniscus...
- Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial (CIRT)Paul M Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our external rheumatology consultants all feel the dose of LDM is safe for this post-MI population and that LDM is free of the ..
- Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial (CIRT): DCCRobert J Glynn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our external rheumatology consultants all feel the dose of LDM is safe for this post-MI population and that LDM is free of the ..
- FOXP3 Structure, Function and Regulatory Activity in T cellsTroy Torgerson; Fiscal Year: 2009..outlines a 5 year career development program for the training of an academic physician-scientist in Pediatric Rheumatology and Immunology...
- Choline kinase: a novel target for rheumatoid arthritisMonica Guma; Fiscal Year: 2013..The principal investigator has completed her medical studies, specializing in Rheumatology, and Ph.D. studies in Immunology in Barcelona, Spain. She then moved to San Diego to join Dr...
- Genetic Architecture of Rheumatoid Arthritis in African-AmericansMARIA IOANA DANILA; Fiscal Year: 2013..mentoring team with proven track record of successful mentorship and academic accomplishment in rheumatology, epidemiology and statistical genetics...
- Outcomes of children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitisSHEILA THERESE ANGELES-HAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..She has assembled an outstanding mentoring team with experience in pediatric rheumatology, pediatric ophthalmology, pediatric epidemiology, outcomes research and measurement, which are relevant to her ..
- Tai Chi for Knee OsteoarthritisChenchen Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..PT in 180 patients who meet the American College of Rheumatology criteria for Knee OA...
- CARRA: Accelerating Toward an Evidence Based Culture in Pediatric RheumatologyCarol A Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by funding of this application will allow CARRA to rapidly transform the culture of pediatric rheumatology toward universal participation in research...
- Proteomic Analyses of Pediatric Systemic Lupus ErythematosusIMELDA MARIE BALBONI; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the long run I envision myself with an academic career combining clinical pediatric rheumatology and translational research in the field of autoimmunity, with a particular focus on pediatric rheumatic ..
- Cadherin11 in cancer &rheumatoid arthritis: Common target, common therapies? (5)Stephen W Byers; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Drug Discovery Group that first described the role of cadherin-11 in breast cancer (Byers, Georgetown), the Rheumatology Group that discovered the role of cadherin-11 in this disease (Brenner, Harvard) and the Structural Biology ..
- Evaluation and treatment of enthesitis-related arthritisPAMELA FITCH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The candidate is a junior investigator in pediatric rheumatology with advance training in clinical epidemiology and a research focus on pharmacoepidemiology and comparative effectiveness of chronic ..
- Patient Centered Outcomes Research in RheumatologyDANIEL HAL SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Few clinical researchers in rheumatology are well trained to pursue PCOR or CER...
- Drug-Drug Interactions and Preventable Adverse Events in RheumatologyCECILIA PILAR CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..has a strong background in clinical and epidemiological research and is committed to an academic career in rheumatology and pharmacoepidemiology...
- Renal and Electrolyte Disease and HypertentionTomas Berl; Fiscal Year: 2012..laboratory of any faculty member in the Division, or other Divisions with which we closely interact, such as rheumatology and immunology...
- Biomarkers for Early Therapeutic Response in Older RA PatientsVeena K Ranganath; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal describes a detailed 5-year training program for the development of an academic career in rheumatology, with a special focus in geriatrics...
- Efficacy Measures for Pediatric Lupus StudiesHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2009..of consensus formation methodology and statistical approaches as is recommended by the American College of Rheumatology Committee on Quality Measures 2) To establish a "hildhood Arthritis Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) ..
- TRAINING IN CARTILAGE RESEARCHTHEODORE RICHARD OEGEMA; Fiscal Year: 2010..with faculty in the Departments of Orthopedic Surgery, Anatomy &Cell Biology, and the Section of Rheumatology. The NIH SCOR grant in OA, NIH R01 grants and interactions with pharmaceutical companies provide much of the ..
- TRAINING OF ARTHRITIS RESEARCH SCIENTISTSDAVID ALAN FOX; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is a revised application for a Rheumatology Training Grant at the University of Michigan that aims to prepare qualified individuals for careers as independent investigators in basic, ..
- Multiphoton Confocal Microscopy for Biomedical ResearchMadesh Muniswamy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pathology, Pharmacology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Pulmonary Medicine, Cancer Research Institute and Rheumatology. The need to translate experimental data from culture models into living animals and to expand static ..
- ETHNIC DISPARITY IN THE USE OF JOINT ARTHROPLASTYDENNIS ANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dennis Ang is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology and in the Department of Medicine at IU School of Medicine. The academic environment provides Dr...
- COMPARATIVE PATHOGENESIS OF MEASLES AND SIMIAN AIDSMichael McChesney; Fiscal Year: 2000..D. from the University of Arizona in 1979 and received clinical training in internal medicine and rheumatology at the University of New Mexico...
- The Effect of Exercise on Progression of Knee OAANDREW CONCOFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..between exercise and osteoarthritis (OA), this application proposes that a physician with formal Rheumatology and Sports Medicine fellowship training engage in a five-year program of combining didactic lectures in ..
- WAVE DNA Fragment Analysis SystemJouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 2001Five laboratories of the Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology and the Division of Rheumatology/Department of Medicine of the Jefferson Medical School with NIH-funded laboratory projects are requesting funding for a WAVE DNA ..
- GENE EXPRESSION BY TICK TRANSMITTED BORRELIA BURGDORFERIAravinda de Silva; Fiscal Year: 2002..To pursue this new direction of study, I returned to Yale and joined the section of Rheumatology as a postdoctoral fellow to work on Lyme disease...
- Meaningful Outcome Measures for Pediatric Lupus TrialsHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2004..We propose to enroll 100 children with cSLE from 5 pediatric rheumatology centers organized in Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance...
- MAMDC--UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINEDavid Glass; Fiscal Year: 2000..The Center will be located ina the Division of Rheumatology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, which is part of the Department of Pediatrics of the University of ..
- Meaningful Outcome Measures for Pediatrc Lupus TrialsHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to enroll 100 children with cSLE from 5 pediatric rheumatology centers organized in Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance...
- CLINICAL TRAILS IN PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGYDaniel Lovell; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this career development grant is intended to enhance the ability of many pediatric rheumatology centers in North America to perform trials to determine the efficacy and safety of currently used but untested ..
- Empowering Physicians with Evidence-Based Decision Support for Pediatric RheumatoMichael M Segal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 1 is to add rheumatology diseases to the existing diagnostic decision support tool...
- INCOMPLETE RECOVERY FOLLOWING LYME DISEASENancy Shadick; Fiscal Year: 2001The candidate is an Instructor in Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology/Immunology and a clinical investigator in the Multipurpose Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases Center at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, who coordinates the ..
- CD45 REGULATION OF ANTIGEN RECEPTOR SIGNALINGErik Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2000..He then trained in internal medicine at the University of Colorado, Denver. He is currently a rheumatology fellow at the University of Iowa College of Medicine. Dr. Peterson joined his sponsor's laboratory in July 1995...
- CD6--TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION & CELLULAR INTERACTIONSNORA SINGER; Fiscal Year: 1999..She is currently completing subspecialty training in the fields of pediatric rheumatology and adult rheumatology and has pursued her interest in basic science research in the areas of T cell immunology ..