Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the study of the physiology and diseases of the digestive system and related structures (esophagus, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas).
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Enteral nutrient supply for preterm infants: commentary from the European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Committee on NutritionC Agostoni
Department of Pediatrics, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:85-91. 2010..on nutrition of preterm infants from the Committee on Nutrition of the European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition in 1987 has made a new guideline necessary...
- Gastroenterology services in the UK. The burden of disease, and the organisation and delivery of services for gastrointestinal and liver disorders: a review of the evidenceJ G Williams
Centre for Health Information, Research and Evaluation CHIRAL, School of Medicine, University of Wales, Swansea, UK
Gut 56:1-113. 2007
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology position statement on screening individuals at average risk for developing colorectal cancer: 2010Desmond J Leddin
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can J Gastroenterol 24:705-14. 2010The Canadian Association of Gastroenterology and the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation published guidelines on colon cancer screening in 2004...
- Pediatric gastroesophageal reflux clinical practice guidelines: joint recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) and the European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, aYvan Vandenplas
UZ Brussel Kinderen, Brussels, Belgium
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:498-547. 2009To develop a North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) and European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) international consensus on the diagnosis and ..
- Acute mesenteric ischemia: the challenge of gastroenterologyHiroshi Yasuhara
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University Ichihara Hospital, 3426 3 Anesaki, Ichihara, Chiba, 299 0111, Japan
Surg Today 35:185-95. 2005..Although AMI is still lethal and in-hospital mortality rates have remained high over the last few decades, accumulated knowledge on this condition is expected to improve its prognosis...
- Transition of the patient with inflammatory bowel disease from pediatric to adult care: recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and NutritionRobert Baldassano
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 34:245-8. 2002
- Applications of the Colorado Visible Human Project in gastroenterologyJohn C Deutsch
SMDC Health System, Duluth, MN, USA
Clin Anat 19:254-7. 2006..applications of the University of Colorado Visible Human project have recently been developed in clinical gastroenterology, including a textbook of endoscopic ultrasound anatomy, an internet-based journal, articles on internet web-..
- Psychogastroenterology: a call for psychological input in Australian gastroenterology clinicsA Mikocka-Walus
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 39:127-30. 2009..Psychologists are needed as part of the multidisciplinary team in gastroenterology clinics in Australia to take the leading role in the psychological management of those patients by ..
- Biomarkers in gastroenterology: between hope and hype comes histopathologyJanusz A Jankowski
Digestive Diseases Centre, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1093-6. 2009..Dysplasia is still the mainstay of cancer prediction in most inflammatory disorders of the GI tract and is an independent marker of cancer risk...
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology consensus on ulcerative colitisBalakrishnan S Ramakrishna
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 31:307-23. 2012In 2010, the Indian Society of Gastroenterology's Task Force on Inflammatory Bowel Diseases undertook an exercise to produce consensus statements on ulcerative colitis...
- European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition/European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases evidence-based guidelines for the management of acute gastroenteritis in children in Europe: executive summaryAlfredo Guarino
Department of Pediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Napoli, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:619-21. 2008
- Colonoscopy training in gastroenterology fellowships: determining competenceBret J Spier
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:319-24. 2010Although 140 colonoscopies is the recommended minimal requirement for gastroenterology fellows, it is unclear whether this minimum is a surrogate for competence.
- Development of quality measures for monitoring and improving care in gastroenterologyKatharine A Germansky
Department of Medicine and Division of Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 25:387-95. 2011Over the past decade, most quality assurance (QA) efforts in gastroenterology have been aimed at endoscopy...
- Federation of International Societies of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition consensus report on celiac diseaseA Fasano
Mucosal Biology Research Center and Center for Celiac Research, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 47:214-9. 2008
- Obesity in children and adolescents worldwide: current views and future directions--Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionBerthold Koletzko
European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S205-12. 2002
- Awareness of genetic testing for colorectal cancer predisposition among specialists in gastroenterologyShivani Batra
Department of Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:729-33. 2002....
- Colonoscopy completion and complication rates in a community gastroenterology practiceScott W Rathgaber
Department of Gastroenterology, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:556-62. 2006..Increased transparency of quality measures and outcomes is being driven by professional societies, government agencies, and private enterprise...
- Practical radiation safety and protection for the endoscopist during ERCPNicole Campbell
Department of Radiology and Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 55:552-7. 2002
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection in dogs in a World Gastroenterology Organisation training centerMiguel A Tanimoto
Department of Gastroenterology and World Gastroenterology Organisation Training Center, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Colonia Seccion XVI, Delegacion Tlalpan C P, Mexico City 14000, Mexico
World J Gastroenterol 16:1759-64. 2010..To evaluate if canine models are appropriate for teaching endoscopy fellows the techniques of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- International gastroenterology research: subject areas, impact, and fundingG Lewison
Policy Unit, The Wellcome Trust, 210 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK
Gut 49:295-302. 2001To examine the volume and potential impact of gastroenterology research outputs from 1985 to 1998 from 14 developed countries; the overlap with research in cancer, infectious diseases, and genetics; and the funding sources for this ..
- Probiotics as therapy in gastroenterology: a study of physician opinions and recommendationsMichael D Williams
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:631-6. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine how gastroenterologists perceive and use probiotic-based therapies in practice...
- Wait times for gastroenterology consultation in Canada: the patients' perspectiveW G Paterson
Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 24:28-32. 2010..As part of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology's Human Resource initiative, a questionnaire was developed to survey patients regarding wait times for ..
- Persistent and chronic diarrhea and malabsorption: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionZulfiqar A Bhutta
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S711-6. 2004
- European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases/European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition evidence-based recommendations for rotavirus vaccination in Europe: executive summaryTimo Vesikari
Vaccine Research Centre, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:615-8. 2008
- Do breaks in gastroenterology fellow endoscopy training result in a decrement in competency in colonoscopy?Jennifer E Jorgensen
Wenatchee Valley Medical Center, Wenatchee, Washington 98801, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 78:503-9. 2013..Skills decay without practice, but the degree is task specific. Some experts believe that it is essential to teach endoscopy longitudinally to build and maintain endoscopic skills...
- Computer simulator training enhances the competency of gastroenterology fellows at colonoscopy: results of a pilot studyRobert E Sedlack
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:33-7. 2004..The goal of this pilot study was to determine if CBCS training improves gastroenterology (GI) fellows' patient-based colonoscopy skills.
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy and trucut biopsy in gastroenterology - An overviewChristian Jenssen
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Krankenhaus Märkisch Oderland Strausberg Wriezen, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 23:743-59. 2009..The high prognostic and therapeutic relevance of the cytopathological diagnoses resulting from EUS-guided biopsy calls for a shared responsibility of an endosonographer and a cytopathologist...
- An observational real-time study to analyze junior physicians' working hours in the field of gastroenterologyS Mache
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Free University and Humboldt University, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 47:814-8. 2009..However, such data is not available in the research literature. Therefore the aim of the current study is to deliver exact data about physicians' work in different gastroenterology departments to analyze and to optimize work routines.
- Parent satisfaction in a nurse led clinic compared with a paediatric gastroenterology clinic for the management of intractable, functional constipationP B Sullivan
University of Oxford, Department of Paediatrics, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:499-501. 2006To assess parent satisfaction with a nurse led clinic for children with intractable, functional constipation compared with a paediatric gastroenterology outpatient clinic.
- Conceptualization and treatment of chronic abdominal pain in pediatric gastroenterology practiceJennifer V Schurman
Section of Developmental and Behavioral Sciences, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:32-7. 2010....
- Assessing the educational needs of Canadian gastroenterologists and gastroenterology nurses: challenges to optimal care in Crohn's DiseaseMartin Dupuis
AXDEV Group Inc, Brossard, Quebec J4W 3H2, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 23:805-10. 2009A national needs assessment of Canadian gastroenterologists and gastroenterology nurses was undertaken to determine the perceived and unperceived educational and performance barriers to caring for patients with Crohn's disease (CD).
- Access to specialist gastroenterology care in Canada: the Practice Audit in Gastroenterology (PAGE) Wait Times ProgramD Armstrong
McMaster Health Sciences Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 22:155-60. 2008..Wait times for gastroenterology consultation and procedures have not been studied, although digestive diseases pose a greater economic burden ..
- Malnutrition and diarrhea: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionJohn N Udall Jr
North American Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S173-9. 2002
- The perception of gastroenterology fellows towards the relationship between hand size and endoscopic trainingDaniel L Cohen
Department of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1902-9. 2008..To assess this, a survey was mailed to all gastroenterology fellows in the US. Two hundred twenty-seven of 1,295 (17.5%) fellows responded...
- Digestive neuroendocrine tumours: diagnosis and treatment in Italy. A survey by the Oncology Study Section of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE)V D Corleto
Chair of Gastroenterology, II Faculty of Medicine, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:217-21. 2001..Surgery plays a major role in the treatment of these tumours in all centres. Overall, in only a small number of patients was a multidisciplinary approach applied...
- Training gastroenterology fellows to perform gastric polypectomy using a novel ex vivo modelMing Jen Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 10449, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:4619-24. 2011To evaluate the effect of hands-on training of gastroenterology fellows in gastric polypectomy using an ex vivo simulator.
- Nonanesthesiologist-administered propofol sedation: from the exception to standard practice. Sedation and monitoring trends over 20 yearsL T Heuss
Medizinische Klinik, Spital Zollikerberg, Zurich, Switzerland
Endoscopy 44:504-11. 2012..In addition, the change in Switzerland reflects a successful generalization of nonanesthesiologist-administered propofol (NAAP) sedation from the hospital setting to private practice...
- Propofol sedation in outpatient colonoscopy by trained practice nurses supervised by the gastroenterologist: a prospective evaluation of over 3000 casesA Sieg
Praxis für Gastroenterologie, Heidelberg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 45:697-701. 2007..In this study the safety of propofol sedation administered by trained practice nurses under the supervision of the gastroenterologist in a cohort of outpatients of an ambulatory practice for gastroenterology in Germany is evaluated.
- Photodynamic therapy in gastroenterologyN Shishkova
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, People s Friendship University of Russia, Miklukho Maklay, 8, 117198, Moscow, Russia
J Gastrointest Cancer 44:251-9. 2013..The high degree of selectivity offered by this modality has been applied to cancer diagnosis by fluorescence...
- Why do patients not keep their appointments? Prospective study in a gastroenterology outpatient clinicA Murdock
Division of Gastroenterology, Ulster Hospital, Dundonald, Belfast BT16 1RH, Northern Ireland, UK
J R Soc Med 95:284-6. 2002Unkept outpatient appointments are a drain on resources. In a prospective study we asked non-attenders at a gastroenterology clinic why they had missed their appointment...
- Development of a gastroenterology educational curriculum for pediatric residents using fellows as teachersScott Pentiuk
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:281-4. 2012At many institutions, the teaching provided on subspecialty gastroenterology rotations is not structured...
- Biofluid metabonomics using (1)H NMR spectroscopy: the road to biomarker discovery in gastroenterology and hepatologyNeeral R Patel
Liver Unit, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, 10th Floor, QEQM Wing, St Mary s Hospital Campus, Imperial College London, South Wharf Street, London, W2 1NY, UK
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:239-51. 2012..This technique-driven review aims to demystify the metabonomics pathway, while also illustrating the potential of this technique with recent examples of its application in hepato-gastroenterological disease...
- Use of the Web for medical information by a gastroenterology clinic populationJ B O'Connor
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Box 3662, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
JAMA 284:1962-4. 2000..Surveys have shown that 60 million persons in the United States searched for health information online in 1998. However, lack of sampling from a clinic population limits the generalizability of these surveys to clinical practice...
- A prospective analysis of inpatient consultations to a gastroenterology serviceS Bohra
Department of Gastroenterology, Beaumont Hospital Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Ir Med J 96:263-5. 2003..surveyed the pattern of inpatient consultations from hospital-based generalists and surgeons to the gastroenterology (GI) service for inpatients in a large urban teaching hospital over a 5 month period...
- Validation of the Prague C & M criteria for the endoscopic grading of Barrett's esophagus by gastroenterology trainees: a multicenter studyBabac Vahabzadeh
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128 2295, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 75:236-41. 2012..Its performance among gastroenterology trainees is unknown.
- Transition of care between paediatric and adult gastroenterology. Assessment of growth and nutritionRanjana Gokhale
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The University of Chicago Children s Hospital, 5839 S Maryland Avenue, MC 4065, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 17:153-62. 2003..Individual patients can then be compared to normative or expected values. Impaired growth and nutritional status can be seen in a variety of gastrointestinal disorders and are described in this chapter...
- Methodological reporting of randomized controlled trials in major hepato-gastroenterology journals in 2008 and 1998: a comparative studyJi Lin Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine Ren Ji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, 145 Middle Shandong Road, Shanghai, 200001, China
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:110. 2011..unclear whether the methodological reporting quality of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in major hepato-gastroenterology journals improved after the Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials (CONSORT) Statement was revised in 2001...
- Temporal trends over ten years in formal inpatient gastroenterology consultations at an inner city hospitalQiang Cai
Division of Digestive Diseases, WM B, Room 2101, 1639 Pierce Drive, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:34-8. 2003..This study is designed to describe the nature and trends of formal inpatient gastroenterology consultations during the past decade.
- New European initiatives in colorectal cancer screening: Budapest Declaration. Official appeal during the Hungarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union under the Auspices of the United European Gastroenterology Federation, the European AssociaTibor Wittmann
First Department of Medicine, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical Centre, University of Szeged, Hungary
Dig Dis 30:320-2. 2012..Under the auspices of the United European Gastroenterology Federation (UEGF), the European Association for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, the Hungarian Society of ..
- [Consumption of medicinal herbs in patients attending a gastroenterology outpatient clinic]F Devesa Jorda
Unidad de Digestivo, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Francesc de Borja, Gandia, Valencia, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:244-9. 2004..profile of medicinal herb consumers among patients with gastrointestinal disorders, patients attending the gastroenterology outpatient clinic of the Francesc de Borja district hospital (Gandía, Spain) over a 5-month period were ..
- [Use of intravenous iron infusion in a gastroenterology day hospital: Indications, dosage and adverse effects]Angelina Dosal
Hospital de Sabadell, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Sabadell, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 33:479-83. 2010There are no data in the literature on the use of intravenous iron infusion in gastroenterology day hospitals.
- Quality assurance for endoscopistsBret T Petersen
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 25:349-60. 2011..Quality improvement projects and ongoing quality assurance benchmarking against local and national norms are greatly facilitated by use of electronic report generators and computerized databases...
- Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionHans Buller
European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S151-8. 2002
- Haemopoietic stem cell transplantation--an evolving treatment for severe autoimmune and inflammatory diseases in rheumatology, neurology and gastroenterologySabrina Kapoor
Department of Haematology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Hematology 12:179-91. 2007..Moreover, destroying and rebuilding immune systems may provide insights into autoimmune diseases...
- [Referrals to a gastroenterology outpatient clinic: differences according to patients' geographical origin]F Rosa-Jiménez
Líneas de Procesos Generales del Adulto, Hospital Alto Guadalquivir, Andujar, Jaen, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:546-50. 2005..However, these studies usually refer to users of primary care and emergency services and less frequently to users of specialized services. Some studies have described differences according to patients' geographical origin...
- Immunomodulatory therapy for pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: changing patterns of use, 1990-2000James Markowitz
Department of Pediatrics, North Shore LIJ Health System, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:928-32. 2002..of children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), we surveyed the membership of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition and compared the responses to those from an identical survey performed in 1990.
- Gastroenterology service in a teaching hospital in rural New Zealand, 1991-2003Michael Schultz
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
World J Gastroenterol 15:583-90. 2009..To retrospectively collect inpatient and outpatient data and to assess the use of endoscopic procedures during the years 1991, 1997 and 2003 to analyse for trends...
- [Recommendations on therapy for chronic constipation--working group for functional diagnosis and psychosomatics of the austrian society of gastroenterology and hepatology]H Vogelsang
Abt Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Univ Klinik für Innere Medizin III, Medizinische Universität Wien
Z Gastroenterol 49:294-303. 2011..Biofeedback is an effective therapy in these cases and especially with pelvic floor dyssynergia. Surgical interventions are rarely indicated or successful with the exception of chronic outlet obstruction with severe anatomic changes...
- Quality of colonoscopy performance among gastroenterology and surgical trainees: a need for common training standards for all trainees?J E Leyden
GI Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Endoscopy 43:935-40. 2011..Performance data for medical and surgical trainee endoscopists are limited, and we used endoscopy quality parameters to compare these two groups...
- Transparent cap improves patients' tolerance of colonoscopy and shortens examination time by inexperienced endoscopistsJun Dai
Department of Gastroenterology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai, China
J Dig Dis 11:364-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to test the feasibility and safety of attaching a transparent cap to improve the outcome, especially for inexperienced endoscopists...
- Nutritional state and energy balance in cirrhotic patients with or without hypermetabolism. Multicentre prospective study by the 'Nutritional Problems in Gastroenterology' Section of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE)F W Guglielmi
Section of Gastroenterology, D E T O University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:681-8. 2005A total of 334 stable, compensated cirrhotic patients admitted to 10 Italian Gastroenterology Units were included in a prospective study to evaluate nutritional state and energy balance in liver cirrhosis.
- Magnifying endoscopy in upper gastroenterology for assessing lesions before completing endoscopic removalNing Li Chai
Department of Gastroenterology, Division of South Building, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:1295-307. 2012..We will also discuss assessing the differentiation and depth of invasion, defying the lateral spread of involvement and targeting biopsy in real time...
- A significant decline in the American domination of research in gastroenterology with increasing globalization from 1980 to 2005: an analysis of American authorship among 8,251 articlesMitchell S Cappell
Division of Gastroenterology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1065-74. 2008To determine whether the relative American contribution to gastroenterology research, as determined by authorship in journals, decreased from 1980 to 2005.
- Scientific publications in gastroenterology and hepatology in Western Europe, USA and Japan in the years 1992-1996: a global surveyD Sorrentino
Gastrointestinal Unit Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Experimental Pathology, University of Udine, Italy
Digestion 61:77-83. 2000To evaluate number and quality of publications in gastroenterology, hepatology and digestive endoscopy from Western Europe (Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland), Japan and ..
- Complementary alternative medicine in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: use and attitudesC Quattropani
Inselspital Bern, Division of Gastroenterology, Bern, Switzerland
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:277-82. 2003..The aim of our study was to evaluate both the extent and the determinants of CAM use by outpatients with IBD...
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionJeffrey Hyams
North American Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S110-7. 2002
- Fifty years of Australian pediatric gastroenterologyDon Cameron
Monash University and Southern Health, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:S75-80. 2009..The 'Mother' of Paediatric Gastroenterology was Australian Charlotte ('Charlo') Anderson who established one of the world's first pediatric ..
- Survey of access to gastroenterology in Canada: the SAGE wait times programDesmond Leddin
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 24:20-5. 2010..A method to capture wait time data at the time of consultation or procedure has been developed, which should be applicable to other specialist groups and also allows for assessment of wait time trends over intervals of years...
- Comparison of risk factors for hepatitis B and C in patients visiting a gastroenterology clinicLubna Shazi
Department of Health Management, Institute of Business Management, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:104-7. 2006To find out and compare the risk factors for hepatitis B and C infections in patients visiting a gastroenterology clinic.
- Epidemiological and clinical profile of irritable bowel syndrome in India: report of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology Task ForceUday C Ghoshal
Department of Gastroenterology, SGPGI, Lucknow
Indian J Gastroenterol 27:22-8. 2008..To study the profile of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and the frequency of such symptoms among the general population, in India...
- Celiac disease and other immunologically mediated disorders of the gastrointestinal tract: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionRiccardo Troncone
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S601-10. 2004
- Methodological reporting of randomized clinical trials in major gastroenterology and hepatology journals in 2006Yu Bai
Evidence Based Medicine Group, Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 49:2108-12. 2009To determine the current quality of reporting of randomized clinical trials (RCTs) in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology, we evaluated the methodological reporting of RCTs in six major gastroenterology and hepatology journals...
- Ranking in Canadian gastroenterology residency match: what do residents and program directors want?Khurram Khan
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Room 4W8, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5
Can J Gastroenterol 24:369-72. 2010Matching to a gastroenterology (GI) fellowship position in Canada is increasingly competitive.
- Learning, techniques, and complications of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-guided sampling in gastroenterology: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Technical GuidelineM Polkowski
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The M Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Endoscopy 44:190-206. 2012..A two-page executive summary of evidence statements and recommendations is provided...
- Saccharomyces boulardii: basic science and clinical applications in gastroenterologyJean Paul Buts
Department of Pediatrics, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Catholic University of Louvain, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 34:515-32, x. 2005
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in health-care personnel of primary care and gastroenterology clinicsS Birkenfeld
Gastroenterology Units, Batiamon, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:19-23. 2004..The present prospective study evaluated the prevalence of Hp infection in health-care workers in primary-care clinics and in gastroenterology units.
- Gastroenterology in developing countries: issues and advancesKate L Mandeville
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Centre for Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, University College London, Royal Free Hospital, London, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 15:2839-54. 2009..Endoscopy services, the mainstay of gastroenterology in the West, are in their infancy in many developing countries...
- Colonoscopy practice in Italy: a prospective survey on behalf of the Italian Association of Hospital GastroenterologistsF Radaelli
Department of Gastroenterology, Valduce Hospital, Como, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:897-904. 2008..Examining the current practice is important for the benchmarking of quality of colonoscopy and the comparison with the standards and recommendations expected by professional societies...
- Is formal training necessary for capsule endoscopy? The largest gastroenterology trainee study with controlsR Sidhu
Gastroenterology and Liver Unit, P Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2JF, United Kingdom
Dig Liver Dis 40:298-302. 2008..Little is known about the infrastructure to train gastroenterologists in capsule endoscopy. The level of capsule endoscopy exposure among trainees in the United Kingdom or Europe has also not been quantified...
- The use of artificial neural network in gastroenterology: the experience of the first 10 yearsFabio Pace
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital L Sacco, Milan, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1043-5. 2007
- How to do and interpret a rectal examination in gastroenterologyNicholas J Talley
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:820-2. 2008
- Funding source and conflict of interest disclosures by authors and editors in gastroenterology specialty journalsNikhil Bhargava
Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1146-50. 2007..Declarations of conflicts of interest have received considerable scrutiny in recent years...
- Development of the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates Minimum Data Set: an evidence-based resourceKathy B Bean
Gastroenterol Nurs 28:56-8. 2005The Society for Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) has developed a Minimum Data Set identifying the essential elements necessary to document delivery of patient care in the gastrointestinal endoscopic setting...
- Quality assessment of reports on clinical trials in the Journal of HepatologyC Gluud
The Copenhagen Trial Unit, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
J Hepatol 29:321-7. 1998..The aims were to identify all fully reported randomised clinical trials in the Journal of Hepatology and to make a qualitative assessment of the reporting...
- Medical education: a key partner in realizing personalized medicine in gastroenterologyKalpesh K Patel
Division of Gastroenterology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Gastroenterology 134:656-61. 2008
- Validity of randomized clinical trials in gastroenterology from 1964-2000Lise L Kjaergard
The Cochrane Hepato Biliary Group, Copenhagen Trial Unit, Center for Clinical Intervention Research, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Gastroenterology 122:1157-60. 2002..We assessed the methodological quality of all 383 randomized clinical trials published in GASTROENTEROLOGY as original articles from 1964 to 2000.
- Informal consultations provided to general internists by the gastroenterology department of an HMOS D Pearson
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:435-8. 1998..PATIENTS/PARTICIPANTS: Seven gastroenterologists constituting the total workforce of the gastroenterology department of the HMO...
- Helicobacter pylori infection in children and adolescents: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionPhilip Sherman
North American Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S128-33. 2002
- Celiac disease: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionIvor D Hill
North American Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S78-88. 2002
- American gastroenterological association future trends committee report: effects of aging of the population on gastroenterology practice, education, and researchKaren E Hall
Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Gastroenterology 129:1305-38. 2005
- The epidemiology of newly diagnosed chronic liver disease in gastroenterology practices in the United States: results from population-based surveillanceBeth P Bell
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2727-36; quiz 2737. 2008..We conducted prospective population-based surveillance to estimate newly diagnosed CLD incidence, characterize etiology distribution, and determine disease stage...
- Using breath tests wisely in a gastroenterology practice: an evidence-based review of indications and pitfalls in interpretationJoseph Romagnuolo
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Calgary, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1113-26. 2002..Breath tests are valuable tools that are, in general, underutilized in evaluating dyspepsia and functional bloating and diarrhea, as well as suspected malabsorption, including lactose intolerance...
- [Perspectives of cannabinoids in gastroenterology]M Storr
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Z Gastroenterol 44:185-91. 2006..e., the indications for which cannabinoids are presently used in gastroenterology. Additionally, this review will discuss potential indications within gastroenterology, where results from ..
- Reliability and validity of the digestive health status instrument in samples of community, primary care, and gastroenterology patientsM J Shaw
Health Research Center, Institute for Research and Education, Park Nicollet Clinic, Health System Minnesota, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:981-7. 2001We evaluated a previously reported digestive health status instrument in community, primary care, and gastroenterology practice populations...
- Ketamine sedation for pediatric gastroenterology proceduresS M Green
Department of Emergency Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children s Hospital, California, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 32:26-33. 2001..is used commonly for pediatric procedural sedation in other settings, the safety of this agent in pediatric gastroenterology is not well-studied...
- ESPEN Guidelines on Enteral Nutrition: GastroenterologyH Lochs
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, CCM, Berlin, Germany
Clin Nutr 25:260-74. 2006..In remission ONS is recommended only in steroid dependent patients in CD. In patients with SBS TF should be introduced in the adaptation phase and should be changed with progressing adaptation to ONS in addition to normal food...
- Fading boundary between gastroenterology and surgeryP B Cotton
Digestive Disease Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:G34-7. 2000..Patient care, clinical research and education in digestive disorders require structural realignment, as is being attempted in the Digestive Disease Center at the Medical University of South Carolina...
- [The research situation in abdominal sonography in the gastroenterology departments of university hospitals in the Federal Republic of Germany]W Kratzer
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm
Z Gastroenterol 38:833-4, 836. 2000..Ultrasound remains the most frequently applied diagnostic imaging technique in gastroenterology. In order to convert the enormous technological progress into improved diagnostic capabilities, there must be ..
- International experience on the use of artificial neural networks in gastroenterologyE Grossi
Bracco SpA Medical Department, Via E Folli 50, 20136 Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:278-85. 2007..We discuss the 'added value' the use of artificial neural networks-based tools can bring in the field of gastroenterology, both at research and clinical application level, when compared with traditional statistical or clinical-..
- The effect of Nazism on medical progress in gastroenterology: the inefficiency of evilMitchell S Cappell
Gastroenterology Fellowship Training Program, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1137-58. 2006..Scientific methods are applied to semiquantitatively analyze the effects of Nazism on medical progress in gastroenterology to document its pernicious effects, and to honor outstanding gastroenterologists persecuted or murdered by ..
- Transition of care between paediatric and adult gastroenterology. Coeliac diseasePaul J Ciclitira
Department of Gastroenterology, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 17:181-95. 2003..Progress towards the characterization of the toxic epitopes within gluten that exacerbate coeliac disease and our current understanding of the genetics of the disorder are presented...
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..E.</author;/authors;/contributors;auth-address>Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390-9063, USA. Gariepy@utsw...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mucosal Immunity, Vaccines and Microbiota Interplay in Humans and AnimalMarcelo B Sztein; Fiscal Year: 2013..physiology, biochemistry, high-throughput technology, microbiology, genomics, protein chemistry and clinical gastroenterology and vaccinology (with extensive experience in performing endoscopies and in conducting vaccine trials)...
- EPIMORPHIN DELETION ALTERS STEM CELL NICHE MYOFIBROBLAST SECRETIONAnisa Shaker; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): As an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology at Washington University School of Medicine, I am focused on exploring mechanisms whereby deletion of a myofibroblast protein ..
- Developing Physics-Based Virtual Simulation Technology for Natural Orifice TranslDANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..in physics-based medical simulation, biomechanical organ modeling, human factors engineering, interventional gastroenterology, laparoscopic and gynecologic surgery has been assembled to achieve the following specific aims in a 4-year ..
- The Impact of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver DiseaseKATHLEEN ELIZABETH COREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Corey has a background in patient oriented research, gastroenterology and hepatology...
- UT GASTROENTEROLOGY / HEPATOLOGY RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMEzra Burstein; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The UT Gastroenterology / Hepatology research training program is aimed at producing the next generation of scientific leaders focused on understanding digestive and liver diseases...
- Real-Time Optical Diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease using SFDISylvain Gioux; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ram Chuttani, M.D. Clinical Consultant Dr. Chuttani will provide specific teaching in gastroenterology clinical workflow, current standard of care in IBD screening and videoendoscopy/fiberoscopy. Robert D...
- Yale Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceKevan C Herold; Fiscal Year: 2013..Yale Autoimmunity Center of Excellence involves physicians in the fields of Endocrinology, Rheumatology, and Gastroenterology. The physicians are from the southern New England region, an area that has a population of 6 million people...
- Development of PAR2 Inhibitors for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic steatohepatitisAthan Kuliopulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..GLP safety-toxicology and PK/PD studies of cGMP-produced PZ-235 in 2 species, with design of upcoming first-in- human phase I and II clinical trials in NASH patients with our gastroenterology and MR imaging clinical collaborators.
- Targeting the DNA damage response pathway for the treatment of HSV esophagitisOleg Alekseev; Fiscal Year: 2013..The clinical discipline of gastroenterology is fascinating and has many areas open to investigation...
- Regulation of Apical-Basal Cell polarity during Intestinal Epithelial MorphogenesNan Gao; Fiscal Year: 2013..very dynamic research environment that has highly interactive scientists from the Department of Genetics, the Gastroenterology Division and the Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolic Diseases. Dr...
- Liver Tissue Engineering Through Three-Dimensional Hepatocyte CultureTammy T Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will attend seminars offered through UCSF's Hepatology Fellowship Program in the Division of Gastroenterology and study liver pathology with a world-renowned liver pathologist. My primary mentor is Dr...
- Impact of aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligand ingestion on gastrointestinal immunityBarbara Platzer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Blumberg and Scot Snaper, all highly accomplished investigators in the areas of mucosal immunology and gastroenterology. Environment: My career development as well as my project wil benefit from the uniquely rich research ..
- Established Investigator Award in Cancer Prevention and ControlThomas L Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional expertise in clinical gastroenterology, molecular biology, physiology, genetics, evolutionary biology and population genetics has been added to ..
- Shared Decision Making In Pediatric Chronic Conditions: Biologics in IBD and JIAEllen A Lipstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the divisions of gastroenterology and rheumatology, where Dr...
- Role of TGF-? Signaling in Embryonic Stem Cell Maintenance and Endodermal DiffereAlan C Mullen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Mullen received his Ph.D. training in immunology and clinical training in gastroenterology. He is building on a background in molecular genetics and cell biology and a clinical interest in liver ..
- Non-invasive evaluation of Non-alcoholic SteatohepatitisMichelle Lai; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): A research program will be undertaken by the applicant, Michelle Lai, MD, MPH, in the Division of Gastroenterology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). Dr...
- Epidemiology and Outcomes of Digestive and Liver Diseases: A Mentoring ProgramHashem B El-Serag; Fiscal Year: 2013..trained in the content areas, methods, and ethics critical for epidemiology and health services research in gastroenterology and hepatology...
- Analysis of Fatty Liver in the Framingham Heart Study CohortElizabeth K Speliotes; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dr. Speliotes is a fellow in gastroenterology at the Massachusetts General Hospital and a post doctoral fellow at the Broad Institute with an interest in ..
- Novel Breath Test To Detect Early Stage Chronic PancreatitisDAVID A contact WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Diagnosis of early-stage chronic pancreatitis is one of the greatest challenges in gastroenterology. We will develop a non-invasive breath test that is low-cost with high sensitivity for detecting early-stage ..
- Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation of Chronic Pelvic Pain SyndromeGERALD LOUIS ANDRIOLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Medical School, that consists of researchers from several disciplines: anesthesiology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, neuroradiology, molecular microbiology, infectious disease, epidemiology, psychology, and urology...
- Patient research in eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseasesGlenn T Furuta; Fiscal Year: 2013..As the Director of the GEDP, and Chair of the Scholarship Oversight Committee for the T32 funded Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship at the CUSOM and Digestive Health Institute (DHI) at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO), he ..
- 2010 Gordon Research Conference on Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and DiseEdward Conway; Fiscal Year: 2010..immunity, infectious diseases, oncology, endocrinology, obstetrics, nephrology, neurology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, developmental biology, and tissue engineering...
- Role of Bile Acids in the Initiation of Liver RegenerationWillscott E Naugler; Fiscal Year: 2013..The prinicipal [sic] investigator has completed a residency in Internal Medicine, a fellowship in Gastroenterology, and a post-doctoral fellowship in a laboratory focused on gene regulation and signal transduction in the ..
- TILLING Wheat for Reduced Celiac Disease Causing ProteinsCHARLES PAUL MOEHS; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Gastroenterology 128:393-401,2005;Shan et al., Science 297:2275-2279,2002)...
- The Role of Maternal Nutrition in the Teratogenesis of Alcohol in HumansRobert Colin Carter; Fiscal Year: 2013..team comprised of a primary mentor, Christopher Duggan, MD, Director of Clinical Research in the Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Children's Hospital Boston, who conducts research in the fields of pediatric nutrition, ..
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network - Duke University Clinical SiteAnthony G Visco; Fiscal Year: 2013..team of outstanding collaborative investigators in urogynecology, urology, colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, maternal-fetal medicine, physical therapy and epidemiology...
- Intestinal Epithelial Function in Congenital Tufting EnteropathyMAMATA B SIVAGNANAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the recent completion of my Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship and transition to faculty, this career development award will provide me with the ..
- TORS - Interdisciplinary Research Training Program, Project 8 of 10 RL9Joyce J Repa; Fiscal Year: 2011..and Physiology), In vivo Intermediary Metabolism (Team 3: Advanced Imaging, Human Nutrition, Hepatology/Gastroenterology), and Human Genetics and Energy Metabolism (Team 4: Bariatric Surgery, Clinical Epidemiology, and Genetics)...
- Bacterial Survival in the Mammalian UrotheliumJOSEPH PALERMO; Fiscal Year: 2010..I am currently an instructor in Pediatric Gastroenterology with greater than75% effort committed to research...
- Gut Circadian Clock and Melatonin Dynamics Following Major Thermal InjuryWalid M Al Ghoul; Fiscal Year: 2013..the area of gut inflammation and gut barrier function at Rush University Medical Center's Department of Gastroenterology. The mentoring plan is very suitable in light of the strength of the host lab and their excellent recent ..
- Pittsburgh Pelvic Floor Research ProgramHalina M Zyczynski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our site brings expertise in urogynecology, physical therapy, geriatrics, urology, gastroenterology and mental health...
- Mechanisms of Vascular Dysfunction in CirrhosisSandeep Khurana; Fiscal Year: 2012This is a 5-year training plan for a mentored physician scientist in Gastroenterology and Hepatology...
- Proteome Bead-Display for Discovery of Tumor AntigensMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project will be done in collaboration with Paul Schroy, Director of Clinical Research for the Section of Gastroenterology at the Boston Medical Center. Serum samples from CRC patients will be profiled by LIVE-PDB...
- MSU Clinical Center Animal Facility HVAC UpgradeJoseph R Haywood; Fiscal Year: 2011..medicine, neuroscience, and infectious disease, molecular mechanisms of disease, biomedical engineering and gastroenterology /microbial ecology...
- NHE3 Polymorphisms and Chronic Diarrheal DiseasesXinjun Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal describes a 5-year training program for the development of an academic research career in Gastroenterology and Medicine...
- Regulation of Intestinal Immune Homeostasis by APCs and LymphocytesDuke Geem; Fiscal Year: 2013..integrate basic science research in mucosal immunobiology with the applicant's career goal of becoming a gastroenterology physician-scientist whose research focus will be on the development of novel biologic therapies for IBD...
- Noninvasive Visualization and Analysis of Organ Systems using OCT and Digital FunSteven J Pittler; Fiscal Year: 2010..OCT is also being increasingly used in medical diagnostics in cardiology, gastroenterology, and other fields...
- Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Reflux Disease in African AmericansFrank K Friedenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..aim of this K24 award will be to establish formal training in epidemiology for residents and subspecialty gastroenterology fellows at Temple University Hospital...
- Effectiveness of Screening Colonoscopy in Reducing Deaths from Colorectal CancerCHYKE ABADAMA DOUBENI; Fiscal Year: 2010..by an experienced interdisciplinary team representing epidemiology, case-control methodology, biostatistics, gastroenterology and primary care. Team members are national leaders in CRC screening research and policy...
- Patient-oriented Research in Pediatric Diarrheal DiseasesChristopher P Duggan; Fiscal Year: 2013..He has a record of high productivity in funded research in the fields of nutrition, gastroenterology, and international health. Dr...
- Adapting Electronic Medical Record to Measure Medical Outcomes in ASD PopulationsRUTH ANN BUSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..specialties such as Psychiatry/Psychology;Neurology; Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics;Clinical Genetics;Gastroenterology and Nutrition;Endocrinology;and Allergy/Immunology, but have not provided estimates of the utility of the ..
- Oral Contraceptives in the Etiopathogenesis of Crohn's DiseaseHamed Khalili; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The candidate is an accomplished gastroenterology fellow with formal training in epidemiological methods and a commitment to a career in clinical and translational research in the study of ..
- The effects of bile acid receptor activation on non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseRachel McMahan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. McMahan is an Instructor in the Department of Gastroenterology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus...
- BASIC SCIENCE RESEARCH IN DIGESTIVE DISEASESMark Donowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..fellows (MD, MD/PhD or PhD) for long-term investigative careers in basic and translational investigation in Gastroenterology. This program has strong basic science investigators in the Gl Division;a formal 4 year program for training ..
- Antidepressant Therapy for Functional DyspepsiaYURI ANN SAITO LOFTUS; Fiscal Year: 2011..There is recent evidence for a genetic component;our pilot data (now published in Gastroenterology) suggest that a heterotrimeric G protein polymorphism may be associated with FD...
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..In 2006, the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) and the American Society of Gastroenterology (ASGE) published consensus guidelines defining a good ..
- Novel Pelvic Floor Pain Measures to Enhance Female Pelvic Pain EvaluationFRANK FU SHENG TU; Fiscal Year: 2012..First, under a structured program of mentorship (drawn from gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, psychology, physiology, and neurology) he will study relevant pain physiology and pertinent correlates of ..
- Neuronal Changes in Adult Rats Induced by Neonatal PainAdrian Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2011..adult rats, two low pH injections in the gastrocnemius (GN) muscle result in transient visceral hyperalgesia (Gastroenterology 126:1082-9, 2004)...
- The role of Plasminogen activator Inhibitor-1 in Helicobacter pylori infection.Sarah E Keates; Fiscal Year: 2010..Simon Robson and with the support of the gastroenterology division at BIDMC...
- A novel colonic crypt base secretory cell that supports colon stem cellsMICHAEL EVAN ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Rothenberg recently completed a clinical fellowship in Gastroenterology and now seeks to build on his research experience to attain his long-term career goal of becoming an ..
- CLINICAL/LABORATORY TRAINING ACADEMIC GASTROENTEROLOGYNICHOLAS DAVIDSON; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The objectives and rationale of this training program in academic gastroenterology are to train, nurture and develop physicians and physician-scientists (MD and MD/PhD trainees) for productive and ..
- Research Training in Child Behavior and NutritionMARGARET H ZELLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..of faculty members across the Divisions of Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology;Endocrinology;Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition;Pulmonary Medicine;Pediatric Surgery;General and Community Pediatrics;..
- Dissecting stromal-epithelial interactions in the adult exocrine pancreasAndrew D Rhim; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Principal Investigator has completed a clinical fellowship in Gastroenterology and seeks to build on his existing research experience and skills to become a successful independent ..
- Measurement of Inappropriate Screening Tests (MIST)Melissa R Partin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inappropriate CRC screening strains scarce gastroenterology resources, increases costs of healthcare, and exposes patients to inconvenience, stress and medical risks, ..
- Indoleamine 2,3 Dioxygenase in Colitis Associated CancerMATTHEW AARON CIORBA; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal describes a 5-year training program for the development of an academic research career in gastroenterology. The PI has previous experience in laboratory investigation and is fellowship trained in gastroenterology ..
- Central and Peripheral Autonomic Responses in Irritable Bowel SyndromeKirsten Tillisch; Fiscal Year: 2010..skills to integrate the rapidly emerging techniques of neuroimaging, ANS analysis, and clinical skills in gastroenterology to perform cutting edge translational research in functional gastrointestinal disorders...
- UCLA Clinical Pharmacology Training ProgramBARBARA ANN LEVEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..MD/PhD junior faculty with primary appointments in Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine, internal Medicine (Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, (Allergy/Immunology), Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery)..
- UNC Oncology Clinical Translational Research Training ProgramNorman E Sharpless; Fiscal Year: 2013..Department of Radiation Oncology, the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) and the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology propose to renew funding for the UNC Oncology Clinical/ Translational Research Training ..
- Methylation in Cancer Progression of Barrett's EsophagusJean S Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Jean Wang is an Instructor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a Ph.D...
- The Human Microbiome in Pediatric Abdominal Pain and Intestinal InflammationJames Versalovic; Fiscal Year: 2012..in a set of GI disorders that represent a broad spectrum of important disease phenotypes in pediatric gastroenterology. In addition to the detailed clinical assessment of healthy children and children with irritable bowel ..
- E COLI TRANSLOCATION ACROSS INTESTINAL EPITHELIUMMichelle Pietzak; Fiscal Year: 2003..D., who has recently completed her fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition and joined the faculty as an Instructor of Pediatrics at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles (..
- Low-cost tethered capsule endoscope for screening for Barrett's esophagusJason Dominitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is recommended by the American College of Gastroenterology to screen for Barrett's esophagus (BE) in patients with longstanding symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux ..
- Fusing Glycobiology and Nutritional Sciences to Prevent Necrotizing EnterocolitisLars Bode; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis, the PI will continue his training in glycobiology and receive additional intensive training in gastroenterology with a special emphasis on neonatal NEC...
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate is currently in the first year of a tenure track faculty appointment in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Northwestern University Medical School...
- ACID BASE PERMEABILITY AND TRANSPORT IN COLONIC CRYPTSSatish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2000The candidate for this Clinical Investigator Award, Dr. Satish Singh, has completed his clinical training in gastroenterology and will have spent three years studying the physiology of intestinal transport with Dr...
- NOVEL ESOPHAGEAL MOTOR FUNCTION ASSESSMENT SYSTEMJianFeng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..by applicant): Functional gastrointestinal motility diseases are common and make up about 40% of all gastroenterology patients...
- Helicobacter pylori: Pathogenesis and VirulenceKenneth Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005..to bacterial pathogenesis that would complement and markedly extend my current expertise in veterinary gastroenterology and infectious disease...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF ACTION OF SOMATOSTATINAndrea Todisco; Fiscal Year: 1999..of Michigan Medical School who has already demonstrated a long time commitment to a career in academic gastroenterology. Over the past few years he has been conducting his research under the mentorship of Dr. Tadataka Yamada...
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..goals of the proposed research project are: 1) to prepare and train the candidate for a career in academic gastroenterology by providing the necessary environment, education, and research support, and 2) to gain insight into the ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BARRETT'S ESOPHAGUSYvonne Romero; Fiscal Year: 2005..Yvonne is a Harvard undergraduate who completed a 3-year Gastroenterology fellowship at Mayo in 1996, matriculated into the Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program at McMaster ..
- MDR-1 EXPRESSION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASERichard Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2004..application) A research program will be undertaken by the applicant, Richard J Farrell MD, in the Division of Gastroenterology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). Dr...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF SECRETINAlan Kopin; Fiscal Year: 1993..The applicant is completing fellowship training in gastroenterology and is committed to a career of laboratory investigation in academic gastroenterology...