Genomes and Genes
Summary: The study of the heart, its physiology, and its functions.
Publications343 found, 100 shown here
- 2007 Guidelines for the Management of Arterial Hypertension: The Task Force for the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)Giuseppe Mancia
Clinica Medica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Universita Milano Bicocca, Via Pergolesi, 33 20052 MONZA Milano, Italy
J Hypertens 25:1105-87. 2007
- Postconditioning and protection from reperfusion injury: where do we stand? Position paper from the Working Group of Cellular Biology of the Heart of the European Society of CardiologyMichel Ovize
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles Cardiovasculaires and Inserm U886, Hospices Civils de Lyon, University of Lyon, France
Cardiovasc Res 87:406-23. 2010....
- 2008 Focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee toRobert O Bonow
Circulation 118:e523-661. 2008
- Depression and coronary heart disease: recommendations for screening, referral, and treatment: a science advisory from the American Heart Association Prevention Committee of the Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council onJudith H Lichtman
Circulation 118:1768-75. 2008..This multispecialty consensus document reviews the evidence linking depression with CHD and provides recommendations for healthcare providers for the assessment, referral, and treatment of depression...
- The worldwide environment of cardiovascular disease: prevalence, diagnosis, therapy, and policy issues: a report from the American College of CardiologyLawrence J Laslett
University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:S1-49. 2012The environment in which the field of cardiology finds itself has been rapidly changing...
- Guidelines on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infective endocarditis (new version 2009): the Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by the EuropeanGilbert Habib
Service de cardiologie, CHU La Timone, Bd Jean Moulin, 13005 Marseille, France
Eur Heart J 30:2369-413. 2009
- Comparison of application of the ACC/AHA guidelines, Adult Treatment Panel III guidelines, and European Society of Cardiology guidelines for cardiovascular disease prevention in a European cohortMaryam Kavousi
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JAMA 311:1416-23. 2014The 2013 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) guidelines introduced a prediction model and lowered the threshold for treatment with statins to a 7...
- Methods for evaluating endothelial function: a position statement from the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Peripheral CirculationJohn Lekakis
2nd Cardiology Department, Attikon Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:775-89. 2011..The ability of these methods to detect endothelial dysfunction before overt cardiovascular disease manifests make them attractive clinical tools for prevention and rehabilitation...
- Contemporary definitions and classification of the cardiomyopathies: an American Heart Association Scientific Statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplantation Committee; Quality of Care and Outcomes Research and FunctioBarry J Maron
Circulation 113:1807-16. 2006..Of particular note, the present classification scheme recognizes the rapid evolution of molecular genetics in cardiology, as well as the introduction of several recently described diseases, and is unique in that it incorporates ion ..
- Bleeding risk assessment and management in atrial fibrillation patients. Executive Summary of a Position Document from the European Heart Rhythm Association [EHRA], endorsed by the European Society of Cardiology [ESC] Working Group on ThrombosisGregory Y H Lip
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, City Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Thromb Haemost 106:997-1011. 2011..summary of a Consensus Document from the European Heart Rhythm Association, endorsed by the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis, we comprehensively review the published evidence and propose a consensus on ..
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelinesClyde W Yancy
Writing committee members are required to recuse themselves from voting on sections to which their specific relationships with industry and other entities may apply see Appendix 1 for recusal information
Circulation 128:1810-52. 2013
- How easily can omission of patients, or selection amongst poorly-reproducible measurements, create artificial correlations? Methods for detection and implications for observational research design in cardiologyDarrel P Francis
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, 59 61 North Wharf Road, London W2 1LA, UK
Int J Cardiol 167:102-13. 2013....
- Improving evidence-based care for heart failure in outpatient cardiology practices: primary results of the Registry to Improve the Use of Evidence-Based Heart Failure Therapies in the Outpatient Setting (IMPROVE HF)Gregg C Fonarow
Department of Medicine, Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 122:585-96. 2010..Therapies in the Outpatient Setting (IMPROVE HF) prospectively tested a multidimensional practice-specific performance improvement intervention on the use of guideline-recommended therapies for HF in outpatient cardiology practices.
- Palliative care in heart failure: a position statement from the palliative care workshop of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of CardiologyTiny Jaarsma
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 11:433-43. 2009..The Advanced Heart Failure Study Group of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology organized a workshop to address the issue of palliative care in heart failure to increase awareness of the need ..
- Core components of cardiac rehabilitation/secondary prevention programs: 2007 update: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Prevention Committee, the Council on Clinical Cardiology; the Councils oGary J Balady
Boston University Medical Center, USA
Circulation 115:2675-82. 2007..prevention programs, in agreement with the 2006 update of the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Secondary Prevention Guidelines, including baseline patient assessment, nutritional counseling, risk factor ..
- Upstream therapies for management of atrial fibrillation: review of clinical evidence and implications for European Society of Cardiology guidelines. Part II: secondary preventionIrene Savelieva
Division of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences, St George s University of London, London SW17 0RE, UK
Europace 13:610-25. 2011..Part II of the review summarizes the evidence base for the use of upstream therapies for secondary prevention of AF...
- EANM/ESC procedural guidelines for myocardial perfusion imaging in nuclear cardiologyB Hesse
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:855-97. 2005..The guidelines do not discuss clinical indications, benefits or drawbacks of radionuclide myocardial imaging compared to non-nuclear techniques, nor do they cover cost benefit or cost effectiveness...
- 2011 ACCF/AHA/HRS focused update on the management of patients with atrial fibrillation (updating the 2006 guideline): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice GuidelinesL Samuel Wann
Circulation 123:104-23. 2011
- Normal values for nuclear cardiology: Japanese databases for myocardial perfusion, fatty acid and sympathetic imaging and left ventricular functionKenichi Nakajima
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 24:125-35. 2010..data-sets from multiple institutions, and normal database files were created for installation in common nuclear cardiology software...
- Warfarin and aspirin use in atrial fibrillation among practicing cardiologist (from the AFFECTS Registry)Peter R Kowey
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1130-4. 2010..In conclusion, these results suggest that continued physician education of appropriate anticoagulation use in patients with AF is needed...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance: twenty-first century solutions in cardiologyDudley J Pennell
CMR Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London
Clin Med 3:273-8. 2003Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) is a rapidly developing new field in cardiology. It is beginning to contribute to greater understanding of diagnosis and management of hitherto difficult clinical conditions and is invaluable for ..
- Stabilisation of atherosclerotic plaques. Position paper of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Working Group on atherosclerosis and vascular biologySeppo Yla-Herttuala
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Thromb Haemost 106:1-19. 2011..Determining the causes of plaque rupture and designing diagnostics and interventions to prevent them are urgent priorities for current basic and clinical research in cardiovascular area...
- Current state of knowledge on aetiology, diagnosis, management, and therapy of peripartum cardiomyopathy: a position statement from the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on peripartum cardiomyopathyKaren Sliwa
Hatter Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Eur J Heart Fail 12:767-78. 2010..Oxidative stress and the generation of a cardiotoxic subfragment of prolactin may play key roles in the pathophysiology of PPCM. In this regard, pharmacological blockade of prolactin offers the possibility of a disease-specific therapy...
- Universal access: but when? Treating the right patient at the right time: access to cardiac rehabilitationWilliam Dafoe
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 22:905-11. 2006..All cardiovascular disease patients require core aspects of CR services. Patients who would derive benefit from formal CR programs should be provided the opportunity, given the proven efficacy and cost effectiveness of CR...
- The role of endomyocardial biopsy in the management of cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the European Society of CardiologyLeslie T Cooper
Circulation 116:2216-33. 2007
- Assessing and grading congestion in acute heart failure: a scientific statement from the acute heart failure committee of the heart failure association of the European Society of Cardiology and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care MedicineMihai Gheorghiade
Center for Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 12:423-33. 2010..In conclusion, this document reviews the available methods of evaluating congestion, provides suggestions on how to properly perform these measurements, and proposes a method to quantify the amount of congestion present...
- Clinical decision support software for management of chronic heart failure: development and evaluationStephen J Leslie
Department of Cardiology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Comput Biol Med 36:495-506. 2006..To develop and evaluate clinical decision support software (CDSS) to aid physicians treat patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Risk-adjusted mortality analysis of percutaneous coronary interventions by American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines recommendationsH Vernon Anderson
University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:189-96. 2007An American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Heart Association (AHA) task force on practice guidelines in 2001 published evidence-based recommendations for performing percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs)...
- Practice standards for electrocardiographic monitoring in hospital settings: an American Heart Association scientific statement from the Councils on Cardiovascular Nursing, Clinical Cardiology, and Cardiovascular Disease in the Young: endorsed by the InteBarbara J Drew
Circulation 110:2721-46. 2004..Currently available ECG lead systems are described, and recommendations related to staffing, training, and methods to improve quality are provided...
- Proposal for standardization of 123I-metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) cardiac sympathetic imaging by the EANM Cardiovascular Committee and the European Council of Nuclear CardiologyAlbert Flotats
Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1802-12. 2010..Standardization of MIBG cardiac sympathetic imaging should contribute to increasing its clinical applicability and integration into current nuclear cardiology practice.
- The role of endomyocardial biopsy in the management of cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the European Society of Cardiology. Endorsed by the Heart Failure Society ofLeslie T Cooper
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1914-31. 2007
- Comparison of interventional cardiology in two European countries: a nationwide Internet based registry studyT Gudnason
Department of Cardiology, Landspítali University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland Cardiovascular Research Institute of Landspitali and the University of Iceland, Iceland University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:1237-42. 2013The practice of interventional cardiology differs between countries and regions...
- Practice patterns among United States cardiologists for managing adults with atrial fibrillation (from the AFFECTS Registry)James A Reiffel
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1122-9. 2010..atrial fibrillation (AF) treatment by United States cardiologists in the context of the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, and European Society of Cardiology guidelines after recent landmark clinical trials...
- The increasing role of quantification in clinical nuclear cardiology: the Emory approachErnest V Garcia
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 14:420-32. 2007..ECTb should continue to play an important role in establishing cardiac SPECT and PET for flow, function, metabolism, and innervation clinical applications...
- Relationship between procedure indications and outcomes of percutaneous coronary interventions by American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force GuidelinesH Vernon Anderson
University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 112:2786-91. 2005An American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) Task Force periodically revises and publishes guidelines with evidence-based recommendations for appropriate use of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Comparison of processes of care and clinical outcomes for patients newly hospitalized for heart failure attended by different physician specialistsNicole K Boom
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 163:252-9. 2012..It remains unclear whether these findings reflect differences in patient characteristics, processes of care, practice setting, or a combination of these factors...
- The impact of statin therapy on long-term cardiovascular outcomes in an outpatient cardiology practiceHoang M Lai
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Med Sci Monit 17:CR683-6. 2011..Statins reduce coronary events in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Specialty-related differences in the epidemiology, clinical profile, management and outcome of patients hospitalized for heart failure; the OSCUR study. Oucome dello Scompenso Cardiaco in relazione all'Utilizzo delle RisoreP Bellotti
Associazione Nazionale Medici Cardiologi Ospedalieri of Liguria, Genoa, Italy
Eur Heart J 22:596-604. 2001..clinical profile, management and outcome of patients hospitalized for congestive heart failure in departments of cardiology or internal medicine...
- Site matters: winning the hearts and minds of patients in a cardiology clinicRachel A Annunziato
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Psychosomatics 49:386-91. 2008..In medical care settings, mental health symptoms of depression and distress are associated with poor medical outcomes, yet they are often underrecognized...
- American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association methodology for the selection and creation of performance measures for quantifying the quality of cardiovascular careJohn A Spertus
Circulation 111:1703-12. 2005..This statement describes the methodology by which the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association approach creating performance measures and devising techniques for ..
- [Informed consent as viewed by patients participating in cardiology drug trial]Silmara Meneguin
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, USP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 94:4-9. 2010..In clinical tests, the Informed Consent is critical to preserve the ethics, but due to its high complexity level, it cannot be fully understood. This study assesses the Informed Consent as viewed by patients...
- Evaluation of a web-based ECG-interpretation programme for undergraduate medical studentsMikael Nilsson
Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Med Educ 8:25. 2008..Furthermore, the quality of education may increase and become more effective through a superior educational approach, improved visualization and interactivity...
- The nested case-control study in cardiologyVidal Essebag
Division of Cardiology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 146:581-90. 2003..The large number of recent prospective studies and randomized trials conducted in cardiology provide cohorts within which the nested case-control approach is increasingly used.
- Shared decision-making in cardiology: do patients want it and do doctors provide it?David Burton
Severn Deanery, United Kingdom
Patient Educ Couns 80:173-9. 2010..We studied patients with heart disease to assess if shared decision-making occurs and to study factors that predict patients' choices or influence cardiologists' behaviour...
- European Society of Cardiology Heart Failure Association Standards for delivering heart failure careTheresa A McDonagh
Cardiology Department, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney St, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 13:235-41. 2011The management of heart failure (HF) is complex. As a consequence, most cardiology society guidelines now state that HF care should be delivered in a multiprofessional manner...
- Bleeding risk assessment and management in atrial fibrillation patients: a position document from the European Heart Rhythm Association, endorsed by the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on ThrombosisGregory Y H Lip
University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Europace 13:723-46. 2011..Nonetheless, identification of patients at high risk of bleeding and delineation of conditions and situations associated with bleeding risk can help to refine antithrombotic therapy to minimize bleeding risk...
- Cardiovascular side effects of cancer therapies: a position statement from the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of CardiologyThomas Eschenhagen
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1-10. 2011..of a cross-disciplinary workshop organized by the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology (held in Brussels in May 2009), which brought together clinicians working in cardiology and oncology and those ..
- Cell-based therapies and imaging in cardiologyFrank M Bengel
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:S404-16. 2005..Integration of cell imaging into studies of cardiac cell therapy holds promise to facilitate further growth of the field towards a broadly clinically useful application...
- Influence of patient age and sex on delivery of guideline-recommended heart failure care in the outpatient cardiology practice setting: findings from IMPROVE HFClyde W Yancy
Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Am Heart J 157:754-62.e2. 2009....
- 2010 guidelines of the Taiwan Society of Cardiology for the management of hypertensionChern En Chiang
Division of Cardiology and General Clinical Research Center, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 109:740-73. 2010..In this document, the Hypertension Committee of the Taiwan Society of Cardiology provides new guidelines for hypertension management. The key messages are as follows...
- Radiation cataract risk in interventional cardiology personnelEliseo Vano
Radiology Department, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Radiat Res 174:490-5. 2010..This study evaluated risk of radiation cataract after occupational exposure in interventional cardiology personnel...
- Guidelines for cardiac pacing and cardiac resynchronization therapy. The Task Force for Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm AssociationPanos E Vardas
Department of Cardiology, Heraklion University Hospital, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Europace 9:959-98. 2007
- Teaching from the clinical reasoning literature: combined reasoning strategies help novice diagnosticians overcome misleading informationKevin W Eva
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 41:1152-8. 2007..This paper reports 2 studies demonstrating that the combined instructions are especially valuable in helping students overcome biasing influences...
- Risk for radiation-induced cataract for staff in interventional cardiology: is there reason for concern?Olivera Ciraj-Bjelac
Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 76:826-34. 2010..To examine the prevalence of radiation-associated lens opacities among interventional cardiologists and nurses and correlate with occupational radiation exposure...
- Standardization of the heart-to-mediastinum ratio of 123I-labelled-metaiodobenzylguanidine uptake using the dual energy window method: feasibility of correction with different camera-collimator combinationsShinro Matsuo
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:560-6. 2009..We hypothesized that the value of the H/M ratio could be standardized to the various camera-collimator combinations...
- The American Journal of Cardiology and Journal of Periodontology editors' consensus: periodontitis and atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseaseVincent E Friedewald
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
J Periodontol 80:1021-32. 2009..This Editors' Consensus is supported by an educational grant from Colgate-Palmolive, Inc., New York, New York, and is based on a meeting of the authors held in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 9, 2009...
- Potential use of 10-year and lifetime coronary risk information for preventive cardiology prescribing decisions: a primary care physician surveyStephen D Persell
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:470-7. 2010..Data are sparse regarding how physicians use coronary risk information for prescribing decisions...
- Discrimination and calibration of mortality risk prediction models in interventional cardiologyM E Matheny
Decision Systems Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Biomed Inform 38:367-75. 2005..Using a local percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) data repository, we sought to compare the performance of a number of local and well-known mortality models with respect to discrimination and calibration...
- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular devices: principles, problems, and proposals for European regulatory reform. Report of a policy conference of the European Society of CardiologyAlan G Fraser
Department of European Affairs, European Society of Cardiology, The European Heart House, 2035 Route des Colles Les Templiers, Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur Heart J 32:1673-86. 2011..Finally, it presents the main recommendations from a Policy Conference on the Clinical Evaluation of Cardiovascular Devices that was held at the European Heart House in January 2011...
- An integrated approach to the diagnosis and treatment of anxiety within the practice of cardiologyDavid Janeway
Department of Psychiatry, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Cardiol Rev 17:36-43. 2009..There is a need for better screening within the practice of cardiology for these psychosocial risk factors to ensure better integration of mental health services...
- Conditions leading to pediatric cardiology consultation in a tertiary academic hospitalRobert L Geggel
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 114:e409-17. 2004..To determine the basis for cardiac consultations for pediatric patients in an academic hospital setting...
- Cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention services in Ontario: recommendations from a consensus panelNeville Suskin
London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:833-8. 2003....
- Antimicrobial resistance among Gram-negative bacteria isolated from intensive care units in a Cardiology Institute in Istanbul, TurkeyEmine Kucukates
Laboratory of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 58:228-31. 2005..the following: to detect the frequency of GNRs isolated from coronary and surgical ICUs at the Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul University, between January 2000-December 2002; to compare the resistance of these GNRs to selected ..
- Differences in generalist and specialist physicians' knowledge and use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors for congestive heart failureM H Chin
Section of General Internal Medicine, University of Chicago (Ill) Medical Center 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 12:523-30. 1997..Educational efforts should focus on these indications and emphasise the dosages demonstrated to lower mortality and morbidity in the trials...
- Cardiology patient pages. Innocent murmurs: a parent's guideThomas Biancaniello
Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8111, USA
Circulation 109:e162-3. 2004
- Human gene therapy and imaging: cardiologyJoseph C Wu
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Edwards Building, Room R354, Stanford, CA 94305 5344, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:S346-57. 2005..gene therapy, the results of recent human clinical trials, and the rapid progress in imaging techniques in cardiology. Improved understanding of the molecular and genetic basis of coronary heart disease has made gene therapy a ..
- American Society for Preventive CardiologyDouglas D Schocken
American Society of Preventive Cardiology
Prev Cardiol 11:127-8. 2008
- Embryonic stem cells for basic research and potential clinical applications in cardiologyJohannes Winkler
Centre of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Neurophysiology, Robert Koch Str 39, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1740:240-8. 2005..This review discusses the current state of basic ES cell research with a focus on cardiac differentiation and gives an overview of their use in CRT approaches...
- Spanish Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Intervention Registry. 21st official report of the Spanish Society of Cardiology Working Group on Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Cardiology (1990-2011)Jose F Diaz
Junta Directiva, Sección de Hemodinámica y Cardiología Intervencionista, Sociedad Española de Cardiología, Madrid, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 65:1106-16. 2012The Working Group on Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Cardiology presents a yearly report on the data collected for the national registry...
- The evolving practice of nuclear cardiology: results from the 2011 ASNC member surveyPeter Tilkemeier
The Miriam Hospital, Brown University, 164 Summit Avenue, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 19:1170-5. 2012..The impact on the practice of nuclear cardiology in the United States is unknown...
- Expert consensus of the French Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology and the French Society of Cardiology on the management of atrial fibrillation in elderly peopleOlivier Hanon
Société française de gériatrie et gérontologie, Suresnes, France AP HP, Hopital Broca, Service de Gerontologie, Paris, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 106:303-23. 2013..Antiarrhythmic drugs should be used carefully in elderly patients because of the frequency of metabolic abnormalities and higher risk of drug interactions and bradycardia...
- Conflict of interest policies and disclosure requirements among European Society of Cardiology National Cardiovascular JournalsFernando Alfonso
Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Institute, Clinico San Carlos University Hospital, Plaza de Cristo Rey, Cuidad Universitaria, Madrid, Spain
Rev Port Cardiol 31:329-36. 2012..New insights into the current COI policies and practices among European Society of Cardiology National Cardiovascular Journals, as derived from a cross-sectional survey using a standardised questionnaire, ..
- [Coordination between primary and cardiological care: the opinion of the family doctor]R Ruiz de Adana Pérez
Medicina Familiar y Comunitaria, Centro de Información y Desarrollo Operativo CIDO, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 54:912-6. 2001..To analyse the relationship between Primary and Cardiological Care from the perspective of family physicians...
- [Gatekeeping and referrals from GPs to cardiologists: patients' opinions and registration of information flow]Steinar Björnsson
Heilsugaeslu höfudborgarsvaedisins, Efstaleiti
Laeknabladid 96:335-40. 2010..We studied patients' experiences and opinions on the referral process and explored the potential for quality improvement related to the increase in written communication between referring GPs and cardiologists...
- Hotline update of clinical trials and registries presented at the 77th spring meeting of the German Society of Cardiology 2011J M Sinning
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Angiologie, Pneumologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 100:553-60. 2011..which were presented during the Hotline Sessions at the 77th annual spring meeting of the German Society of Cardiology in Mannheim, Germany, from April 27 to 30, 2011...
- Cardiovascular evaluation of middle-aged/ senior individuals engaged in leisure-time sport activities: position stand from the sections of exercise physiology and sports cardiology of the European Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and RehabilMats Borjesson
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:446-58. 2011..Hopefully, the recommendations in this paper provide a practical solution for facilitating safe exercise prescription in senior/adults...
- Cellular adaptive response to chronic radiation exposure in interventional cardiologistsGian Luigi Russo
Institute of Food Sciences, National Research Council, Via Roma 64, Avellino, Italy
Eur Heart J 33:408-14. 2012....
- The assessment of technical skills in a cardiology training program: is the ITER sufficient?E Yu
University Health Network, The Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Can J Cardiol 16:457-62. 2000..No objective data are available regarding the best method of training or testing a cardiology trainee's skill in the performance of this procedure...
- Methodological approach for the assessment of ultrasound reproducibility of cardiac structure and function: a proposal of the study group of Echocardiography of the Italian Society of Cardiology (Ultra Cardia SIC) part IMaurizio Galderisi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University Hospital, Via S, Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 9:26. 2011..Accordingly, the Working Group of Echocardiography of the Italian Society of Cardiology decided to design standardized procedures for imaging acquisition in peripheral laboratories and reading ..
- Atrial fibrillation and heart failure in cardiology practice: reciprocal impact and combined management from the perspective of atrial fibrillation: results of the Euro Heart Survey on atrial fibrillationRobby Nieuwlaat
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1690-8. 2009..Our aim was to identify shortcomings in the management of patients with both atrial fibrillation (AF) and heart failure (HF)...
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Access to Care Workshop proceedings and next stepsBlair J O'Neill
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 26:69-71. 2010....
- Post interventional cardiology urinary thromboxane correlates with PlateletMapping detected aspirin resistanceRoger C Carroll
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920 USA
Thromb Res 125:e118-22. 2010..This platelet activation in whole blood is due to a transcellular pathway mediated by platelets and leukocytes...
- Cardiology's workforce shortage: implications for patient care and researchW Bruce Fye
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 109:813-6. 2004
- Off label and unlicensed drugs use in paediatric cardiologyM Bajcetic
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, P O Box 840, 11129, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:775-9. 2005..The incidence of unlicensed and off label prescribing in paediatric cardiology practice has not been studied to date...
- Nanotechnology in interventional cardiologyTillmann Cyrus
Division of Cardiology, University of Missouri, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, MO, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol 4:82-95. 2012..Potential molecular targets, targeting mechanisms, drug-delivery propensities, and biocompatibility will be reviewed...
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology and Society of Nuclear Medicine joint position statement: attenuation correction of myocardial perfusion SPECT scintigraphyGary V Heller
J Nucl Cardiol 11:229-30. 2004
- In-hospital cardiology consultation and evidence-based care for nursing home residents with heart failureWilbert S Aronow
New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:448-52. 2012To determine the association between cardiology consultation and evidence-based care for nursing home (NH) residents with heart failure (HF).
- Radiation exposure to cardiologists: how it could be reducedE Vano
Heart 89:1123-4. 2003
- Global trends in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery--an opportunity or a threat?Joseph Antonio D Molina
Health Services and Outcomes Research, National Healthcare Group, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 38:541-5. 2009..2% of all deaths by 2030. The emergence of novel technologies from cardiothoracic surgery and interventional cardiology are welcome developments in the light of an overwhelming chronic disease burden...
- Recent advances in cardiologyIan A Menown
Craigavon Cardiac Centre, Southern Trust, Northern Ireland, BT63 5QQ, UK
Future Cardiol 6:11-7. 2010During 2009, multiple major cardiology trials have been presented or published...
- Radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear cardiology: radiation dosimetry, uncertainties, and riskMichael G Stabin
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2675, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1555-63. 2008The technical basis for the dose estimates for several radiopharmaceuticals used in nuclear cardiology is reviewed, and cases in which uncertainty has been encountered in the dosimetry of an agent are discussed...
- Methods of teaching and evaluating electrocardiogram interpretation skills among cardiology fellowship programs in the United StatesAlex J Auseon
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Ohio, USA
J Electrocardiol 42:339-44. 2009This study examines the methods used by cardiology training programs within the United States to teach electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation and prepare fellows for the American Board of Internal Medicine board examination.
- 20th-Century “medical Marco Polos” in the origins of preventive cardiology and cardiovascular disease epidemiologyHenry Blackburn
School of Public Health and Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:756-67. 2012..to create the new academic discipline of cardiovascular disease epidemiology and the new practice of preventive cardiology. One stream was modern cardiology, with the ability to diagnose myocardial infarction, to characterize and count ..
- Clinical relevance of measurement of brain natriuretic peptide and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in pediatric cardiologyMassimiliano Cantinotti
Foundation G Monasterio and CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 390:12-22. 2008The aim of this review is to understand the clinical usefulness of Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide (NT-proBNP) in pediatric cardiology.
- A review of five cardiology journals found that observer variability of measured variables was infrequently reportedRobert M Gow
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, 410 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L1
J Clin Epidemiol 61:394-401. 2008To investigate the reporting of the analysis of interobserver and intra-observer variability within clinical research studies from five high-impact cardiology journals published in 2005.
- Computational cardiology: how computer simulations could be used to develop new therapies and advance existing onesNatalia A Trayanova
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Institute for Computational Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Europace 14:v82-v89. 2012This article reviews the latest developments in computational cardiology. It focuses on the contribution of cardiac modelling to the development of new therapies as well as the advancement of existing ones for cardiac arrhythmias and pump ..
- Outpatient cardiology practices with advanced practice nurses and physician assistants provide similar delivery of recommended therapies (findings from IMPROVE HF)Nancy M Albert
Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1773-9. 2010..Heart Failure Therapies in the Outpatient Setting (IMPROVE HF), a prospective cohort study, enrolled 167 cardiology practices to characterize outpatient management of 15,381 patients with chronic HF and left ventricular ejection ..
- New frontiers in interventional cardiologyJ Eduardo Sousa
Institute Dante Pazzanese of Cardiology, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Circulation 111:671-81. 2005
- Clinical trials in acute heart failure: simpler solutions to complex problems. Consensus document arising from a European Society of Cardiology cardiovascular round-table think tank on acute heart failure, 12 May 2009Theresa A McDonagh
Cardiology Department, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1253-60. 2011..Above all, this document attempts to provide some pragmatic solutions to this complex syndrome to simplify the execution of meaningful therapeutic endeavours in this area of undoubted unmet clinical need in the future...
- 500(th) anniversary of the birth of the precursor of modern cardiology: Josephus Struthius Polonus (1510-1568)Andrzej Grzybowski
Department of Ophthalmology, Poznan City Hospital, Poznan, Poland
Cardiol J 18:581-6. 2011..analysis of Struthius's scientific achievements leads to a conclusion that he was one of the pioneers of modern cardiology. He was a precursor of William Harvey (1578-1657) in studying the cardiovascular system, and the first person in ..
- A life beyond cardiology: John Martin, MD, FRCP, FESC. Interview by Emma WilkinsonJohn Martin
Circulation 116:f95-6. 2007
- Phosphorylation of FGF23 coordinates crosstalk between the skeleton and kidneyVINCENT SCOTT TAGLIABRACCI; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypothesis addresses a significant question that should yield influential findings in endocrinology, nephrology cardiology and basic biomedical research...
- The role of IKK beta in cardiomyocytes at baseline and following stressMATTHEW PETER COGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..five year period of rigorous training for the development of a career as an independent investigator in academic cardiology. The principal investigator has completed a clinical fellowship in cardiology and echocardiography at ..
- Effects of Standardized Aerobic Exercise-Training on Neurocognitive and NeurodegeThomas O Obisesan; Fiscal Year: 2010..A team of highly successful experts in neuroimaging, neurology, psychology, exercise physiology, cardiology and genetics has been assembled to conduct this study...
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..of PCI, there will be a need to disseminate this approach - ideally through the American College of Cardiology's NCDR, which is already deployed in >800 hospitals, To facilitate future dissemination, we will study ..
- The unique role of B-Raf in murine cardiac development and postnatal functionNatasha N Chattergoon; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Division of Cardiology has a strong history of clinical and research excellence and had undergone a renaissance under the leadership of ..
- Research Training in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary DiseasesS Jamal Mustafa; Fiscal Year: 2012..Neurobiology, Microbiology, Immunology, Exercise Science, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Pulmonology...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..measurement of oxygen, nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neuroscience and toxicology...
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..measurement of oxygen, nitric oxide, bioradicals, pH and redox state, with applications in oncology, cardiology, neuroscience and toxicology...
- Vascular Surgery - Estrogen and the Injury ResponseRichard H Karas; Fiscal Year: 2012..This competitive renewal application builds upon over a decade of research done by the Molecular Cardiology Research Institute in collaboration with the Vascular Surgery Division at Tufts-New England Medical Center, in ..
- NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkGeeta K Swamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..active partnerships across the Duke University campus including pediatrics, anesthesia, infectious diseases, cardiology, hematology, pathology, genetics, pharmacology, epidemiology, research pharmacies and the Duke Translational ..
- Genetic Determinants of the Response to Thienopyridine TherapyJessica L Mega; Fiscal Year: 2013..CANDIDATE: Dr. Jessica Mega trained in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) and Cardiology at Massachusetts General Hospital...
- Changes in Adipokines and Adiposity during Puberty and Young AdulthoodNICOLE LENORE MIHALOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..research plan that will enable her to become an independent clinical researcher in the field of preventive cardiology. Dr...
- 3D Single Fiber Endoscope for Minimally Invasive SurgeriesJason Geng; Fiscal Year: 2013..ear, inner ear and skull based surgeries), eye surgeries and drug placement on optic nerves, interventional cardiology procedures of balloon angioplasty and stenting;arthroscopic procedures, including knee, shoulder, small joint ..
- Patient-centered approaches to diagnosing coronary heart diseaseJOSEPH ABIODUN LADAPO; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies in this area, some of which has been cited in clinical guidelines issued by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association...
- Non-Classical Manifestations of Primary HyperparathyroidismShonni J Silverberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..There has also been interest in my research from trainees in other disciplines (current cardiology fellow Iwata), enhancing my potential to add interdisciplinary perspectives to POR in metabolic bone diseases ..
- BEHAVIOR AND PHYSIOLOGY IN AGINGHarvey Jay Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..enable outstanding research training in the following areas related to aging: biomedical (biochemistry, cardiology, endocrinology, epidemiology, immunology, neurology, neuroscience, neuroendocrinology, nutrition, oncology, ..
- Integrated imaging of the form and function of the beating embryonic heartANDREW MARTIN ROLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In part, this is because most developmental cardiology studies fail to address the influential role of altered cardiac function in cardiogenesis...
- Integrated Smoking Cessation and Mood Management for Cardiac PatientsAndrew M Busch; Fiscal Year: 2013..treatments, 2) design and execution of Randomized Controlled Trials (RCT), 3) advanced statistics, 4) behavioral cardiology, and 5) manuscript preparation and grant writing...
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..because of the breadth of experimental resources it offers and the number of accessible experts in neurology and cardiology. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: People with epilepsy die suddenly for unknown pathological reasons at a rate 24 times ..
- Take Heart: Exercise & Diet Intervention for Heart Failure in Cancer SurvivorsELIE MOUHAYAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Participants will be recruited from the M. D. Anderson cardiology clinic...
- Excitotoxicity in Circulatory Arrest ? Brain InjuryWILLIAM ANTHONY BAUMGARTNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..group of investigators from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (JHMI) Microarray Core Facility, Division of Cardiology, Department of Pathology and the University of Florida/Banyan Biomarkers;in addition to our previous ..
- Pregnancy complications, future cardiovascular disease risk factors and cardiovasNISHA INDRAVADAN PARIKH; Fiscal Year: 2013..The American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology Effectiveness-Based Guidelines for CVD Prevention in Women recommend taking a pregnancy history for CVD risk ..
- Control of Cardiac Lineage Commitment and Differentiation in Murine DevelopmentIbrahim J Domian; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): This proposal describes a five-year training program for the development of an academic career in Cardiology. The principle investigator obtained his MD/PhD from Stanford School of Medicine and has completed clinical ..
- Quantification and Characterization of Coronary Atherosclerotic Plaque by CTArmin A Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..During his first three years on the faculty in the Division of Cardiology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital he was an integral part of a multicenter, international study to evaluate the ..
- Activation of rapamycin-sensitive TORC1 by endomembrane amino acid transportersMARIA E CARDENAS-CORONA; Fiscal Year: 2013..is in use in several clinical areas including immunosuppression, cancer chemotherapy, and interventional cardiology. The TORC1 pathway remains partially characterized despite much study...
- Neurologic manifestations of cerebrovascular disease in Da Nang, Viet NamAnnette L Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2010..physicians affiliated with the Department of Health in Da Nang, Viet Nam;the Da Nang Psychiatric Hospital;the Cardiology and Radiology Departments at the Da Nang Hospital;and the University of Washington Departments of Epidemiology ..
- PHASE II TRIAL OF SLEEP APNEA TREATMENT TO REDUCE CARDIOVASCULAR MORBIDITYSUSAN S REDLINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..of PAP and NSO, we will recruit 1400 patients at high risk for CVD events without significant sleepiness from 4 cardiology practice sites to undergo home sleep monitoring...
- ANESTHESIOLOGY RESEARCH TRAININGCharles W Emala; Fiscal Year: 2013..Center for Neurobiology and Behaivor;and five clinical departments/divisions: Pulmonary Medicine, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics and Psychiatry...
- Computer Simulation of Acute Coronary Syndrome Care in the Emergency DepartmentDANIEL JOSEPH FRANCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The American College of Cardiology (ACC), the American Heart Association (AHA), and others have developed and endorsed practice guidelines for ACS, ..
- Endothelial Ca2+ signals and vasodilatory function after traumatic brain injuryKalev Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..completed a Medical Scientist Training Program (University of Colorado), with doctoral training in molecular cardiology under the mentorship of Dr. Leslie Leinwand...
- State-of-the-Art PET/CT InstrumentationRichard E Carson; Fiscal Year: 2010..PET has broad applications in the areas of oncology, cardiology, neurosciences, metabolic disorders, inflammation, and others...
- National Surveillance of Acute Kidney Injury Following Cardiac CatheterizationMichael E Matheny; Fiscal Year: 2013..A governance board consisting of CART and VA interventional cardiology leaders will be established to supervise detected signals for identification and feedback to individual ..
- Young Women With Acute Myocardial InfarctionHARLAN MARC KRUMHOLZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..epidemiology, statistics, genetics, biomarker research, health status measurement, psychosocial research, cardiology, and emergency medicine...
- DRUG DEPENDENCE CLINICAL RESEARCH PROGRAMReese T Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..projects and investigators include psychiatry, clinical psychology, neurology, general internal medicine, cardiology and clinical pharmacology, psychopharmacology, toxicology, genetics, pediatrics, pharmacy, organic, medicinal ..
- The Comparative Effectiveness of Single versus Dual Chamber Cardioverter DefibrilPamela N Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Peterson is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology at Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Denver (UCD)...
- Ambulatory Case and Preventable Hospitalizations in Diabetic Kidney DiseaseChin Lin Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) Study utilization of subspecialty (nephrology, endocrinology, and cardiology) and primary care;evaluate factors associated with use and consistency of subspecialty care...
- Functions of the Hypoxia-Induced MicroRNA-210 in Pulmonary Vascular EndotheliumStephen Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A five year training program is proposed to develop a career in academic cardiology with a focus on pulmonary vascular function and disease...
- Inflammatory-metabolic Crosstalk in the MyocardiumJOEL DAVID SCHILLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..has completed MD/PhD training, structured residency training in internal medicine and fellowship training in cardiology and heart failure/transplant at Washington University...
- System for DNA-Guided Optimization and Personalization of Statin TherapyGUALBERTO RUANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thompson, M.D., of Hartford Hospital's Division of Cardiology, John P. Kane, M.D...
- Regulation of adipose inflammation and metabolic syndrome by adipsin/factor DJames C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lo, M.D., Ph.D., cardiology fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School to achieve independence as a principal ..
- Effect of sarcolemmal KATP channels on ROS/RNS generation and calcium handlingRichard J Gumina; Fiscal Year: 2013..D/M.D. with advanced research and clinical training in Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology. Mentored by Dr...
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Baylor College of Medicine, is well-suited for the proposed research and training goals because of the breadth of experimental resources it offers and the number of accessible experts in neurology and cardiology.
- Changes in Glutamine/Glutamate Metabolism as a Novel Cardiometabolic Risk FactorAndre Dejam; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Andre Dejam is currently a cardiology fellow in research training, whose goal is to become an independent investigator with expertise in metabolomics, integrative physiology in small animals and ..
- Controlled Chemotaxis and Differentiation of Embryonic Cardiac Progenitor CellsGregory M Fomovsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, considerable effort of modern cardiology is dedicated to management of patients suffering from progression of heart failure...
- State-of-the-Art Small Animal PET/CT InstrumentationRichard E Carson; Fiscal Year: 2013..PET has broad applications in the areas of oncology, cardiology, neurosciences, metabolic disorders, inflammation, drug delivery, and others...
- Improving Methods for Comparative Effectiveness Research in Cardiovascular CareSOKO SETOGUCHI-IWATA; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant who was trained in cardiology and advanced epidemiologic methods with a wealth of experience in CE studies aspires to improve methods of CE ..
- Short-Term Research Training: Students in Health Professional SchoolsJohn N Forrest; Fiscal Year: 2013..radiology, emergency medicine, epidemiology and public health, genetics, immunobiology, internal medicine (cardiology, digestive diseases, endocrinology, hematology, infectious disease, nephrology, pulmonary, rheumatology), ..
- Molecular Imaging of Cardiac Stem Cell TherapyJoseph C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..probe imaging technique (developed initially for cancer researchers) to solve a different important problem in cardiology (i.e., understand pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of cardiac stem cell therapy)...
- Cyclotron for PET RadiopharmaceuticalsJogeshwar Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..with the high resolution PET will be able to accurately assess hypothesis in neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and other applications...
- Computed Tomography to Predict Response to Cardiac Resynchronization TherapyQuynh A Truong; Fiscal Year: 2013..in cardiac computed tomography (CT), cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR), echocardiography, and nuclear cardiology. She is currently an Instructor in Radiology at Harvard Medical School, Department of Radiology at Massachusetts ..
- REQUEST TO PURCHASE A 600 MHZ NMR REPLACEMENT CONSOLE AND COLD PROBEJoseph J H Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2013..spanning departments of Anesthesiology, Biochemistry &Molecular Biophysics, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Cardiology, Chemistry, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Pharmacology &..
- Mechanisms of Reduced Fatty Acid Oxidation and Cardiac Dysfunction in SepsisKonstantinos Drosatos; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposal will equip the PI with novel knowledge and useful tools to continue for independent career in molecular cardiology and stress signaling...
- Multi-parameter CMR of post-MI Left Ventricular Remodeling in Gene Modified MiceBrent A French; Fiscal Year: 2013..In these studies, a multidisciplinary approach will be used that spans the fields of radiology, cardiology, immunopathology &molecular genetics...
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for the Study of Long QT SyndromeERIC DAVID ADLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..I completed a fellowship in Cardiology in the Investigator Track at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and am currently an Assistant Professor at Oregon ..
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Quality Improvement in Kerala (ACS QUIK)MARK DANIEL HUFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..I have a unique combination of public health, cardiology, and Fogarty global health training and cardiovascular epidemiology research in India that will provide a strong ..
- ACCF-STS Database Collaboration on the Comparative Effectiveness of PCI and CABGWilliam S Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will compare these two procedures using existing databases from the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) and The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS), as well as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ..
- Noninvasive Visualization and Analysis of Organ Systems using OCT and Digital FunSteven J Pittler; Fiscal Year: 2010..OCT is also being increasingly used in medical diagnostics in cardiology, gastroenterology, and other fields...
- Genomics of Cardiac Electrical Activity and ArrhythmiaNona Sotoodehnia; Fiscal Year: 2013..represents a multi-center collaborative effort to efficiently combine expertise in clinical and molecular cardiology, genomics and statistical genetics, cardiovascular and genetic epidemiology, systems biology and bioinformatics, ..
- Comparative effectiveness of ECG screening in children with Attention Deficit HypLaurel K Leslie; Fiscal Year: 2010..and Specific Challenge Topic 04- HL-114, Using existing datasets to plan effectiveness trials in pediatric cardiology. This challenge topic specifically identifies a critical need for the development of novel, computational ..
- Inflammatory Mechanisms and Treatment Strategies for Atherosclerosis in HIVSTEVEN KYLE GRINSPOON; Fiscal Year: 2013..At the recent AHA State of the Science Conference on CVD in HIV Patients 2007, experts in cardiology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, and epidemiology agreed that CVD is an emerging problem for HIV patients ..
- "Connexin-Dependent Transcriptomic Networks in Controlling the Heart Rhythm"DUMITRU ANDREI IACOBAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our project has the unique feature of describing and quantifying the Cx40- and Cx43-dependent Gene Regulatory Networks of the heart rhythm, with the long term goal to open novel therapeutic horizons in cardiology.
- NYU/UG Cardiovascular Research Training Institute ProgramGBENGA GODWIN OGEDEGBE; Fiscal Year: 2013..pool of highly motivated physicians who are about to embark on their postgraduate studies in internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, neurology or endocrinology...
- Hospital-Physician GainsharingJONATHAN DAVID KETCHAM; Fiscal Year: 2010..In service areas such as cardiology and orthopedic surgery, physicians determine the use of high cost drugs and devices known as "physician ..
- Annual Conference: Computers in CardiologyRobert Arzbaecher; Fiscal Year: 2003Funds are requested to partially defray costs of convening and publishing the scientific sessions of Computers in Cardiology for the 5 year period July 2003 to June 2008...
- STATE OF THE ART PET SCANNER FOR MEDICAL RESEARCHMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 1999..Several groups of investigators, from the Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology and Cardiology have initiated NIH-funded PET research programs with this instrument...
- Combined Intravascular Ultrasound and Photoacoustic Imaging of AtherosclerosisStanislav Y Emelianov; Fiscal Year: 2010..must be addressed to fully explore the capabilities of intravascular photoacoustic imaging in interventional cardiology. The central theme of the current project is to develop and test the prototype of the combined IVUS/IVPA in- ..
- COMPUTERS IN CARDIOLOGY CONFERENCE, 1992Susan Blanchard; Fiscal Year: 1992Funds are being sought to defray costs of convening Computers in Cardiology 1992 in Durham, North Carolina, from October llth to 14th, 1992...
- Inter-disciplinary Program for Training and Mentoring in CER Methods and PracticeEric David Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hence, we propose an interdisciplinary CER KM1 training program, focused on Biostatistics, Cancer, and Cardiology that matches mentors from diverse CER methodological backgrounds with mentees committed to a career in CER...
- COMPUTERS IN CARDIOLOGY CONFERENCE, 1990Robert Arzbaecher; Fiscal Year: 1990Computers in Cardiology is a non-profit scientific conference at has been meeting yearly now for fourteen years...
- HEART FAILURE & NORMAL SYSTOLIC FUNCTION IN OLDER ADULTSFrederick Masoudi; Fiscal Year: 2004Dr. Masoudi will complete his fellowship in cardiology in June 2000, and will join the faculty as an assistant professor of Medicine in the Divisions of Cardiology and Geriatric Medicine at the University of Colorado Health Sciences ..
- The Mayo Clinic Cardiology History ProjectW Fye; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION: This grant will support researching and writing a book that describes and interprets the history of cardiology at the Mayo Clinic...
- PREVENTIVE CARDIOLOGYRobert Suskind; Fiscal Year: 1992Dr. Frank Franklin is applying for a Preventive Cardiology Academic Award (PCAA) from Louisiana State University (LSU) School of Medicine in New Orleans...
- Lifetime Risk of Cardiovascular DiseaseDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2003..provided by applicant) The candidate has completed residency training, a Chief Residency and a fellowship in cardiology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), as well as a research fellowship at the Framingham Heart Study...
- PREVENTIVE CARDIOLOGY ACADEMIC AWARDWilliam Lawson; Fiscal Year: 1992A preventive cardiology curriculum will be developed at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, Health Sciences Center...