Genomes and Genes
evidence based medicine
Summary: The process of systematically finding, appraising, and using contemporaneous research findings as the basis for clinical decisions. Evidence-based medicine asks questions, finds and appraises the relevant data, and harnesses that information for everyday clinical practice. Evidence-based medicine follows four steps: formulate a clear clinical question from a patient's problem; search the literature for relevant clinical articles; evaluate (critically appraise) the evidence for its validity and usefulness; implement useful findings in clinical practice. The term "evidence based medicine" (no hyphen) was coined at McMaster Medical School in Canada in the 1980's to label this clinical learning strategy, which people at the school had been developing for over a decade. (From BMJ 1995;310:1122)
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- From best evidence to best practice: effective implementation of change in patients' careRichard Grol
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, Universities of Nijmegen and Maastricht, PO Box 9101, WOK 229 6500 HB, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Lancet 362:1225-30. 2003..In general, evidence shows that none of the approaches for transferring evidence to practice is superior to all changes in all situations...
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendationsDavid Atkins
BMJ 328:1490. 2004..Our system for guiding these complex judgments balances the need for simplicity with the need for full and transparent consideration of all important issues...
- Selective publication of antidepressant trials and its influence on apparent efficacyErick H Turner
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
N Engl J Med 358:252-60. 2008..Selective publication of clinical trials--and the outcomes within those trials--can lead to unrealistic estimates of drug effectiveness and alter the apparent risk-benefit ratio...
- External validity of randomised controlled trials: "to whom do the results of this trial apply?"Peter M Rothwell
Stroke Prevention Research Unit, University Department of Clinical Neurology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Lancet 365:82-93. 2005..This review discusses those determinants, presents a checklist for clinicians, and makes recommendations for greater consideration of external validity in the design and reporting of RCTs...
- What is "quality of evidence" and why is it important to clinicians?Gordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 336:995-8. 2008
- What is missing from descriptions of treatment in trials and reviews?Paul Glasziou
Centre for Evidence Based Medicine, Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LF
BMJ 336:1472-4. 2008
- What is the evidence that postgraduate teaching in evidence based medicine changes anything? A systematic reviewArri Coomarasamy
Education Resource Centre, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TG
BMJ 329:1017. 2004To evaluate the effects of standalone versus clinically integrated teaching in evidence based medicine on various outcomes in postgraduates.
- Knowledge transfer and exchange: review and synthesis of the literatureCraig Mitton
University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC
Milbank Q 85:729-68. 2007..Either KTE must be reconceptualized, or strategies must be evaluated more rigorously to produce a richer evidence base for future activity...
- Successes and failures in the implementation of evidence-based guidelines for clinical practiceR Grol
Center for Quality of Care Research, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med Care 39:II46-54. 2001..However, many guidelines are not used after dissemination. Implementation activities frequently produce only moderate improvement. It is important to study specific guideline programs in detail to learn from their successes and failures...
- Evaluating the relevance, generalization, and applicability of research: issues in external validation and translation methodologyLawrence W Green
University of California at San Francisco, USA
Eval Health Prof 29:126-53. 2006....
- Diffusion of innovations in service organizations: systematic review and recommendationsTrisha Greenhalgh
University College London, Room 403, Holborn Union Building, Highgate Hill, London N19 5LW, UK
Milbank Q 82:581-629. 2004..Both the model and the method should be tested more widely in a range of contexts...
- Designing and evaluating complex interventions to improve health careNeil C Campbell
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill Health Centre, Aberdeen AB25 2AY
BMJ 334:455-9. 2007
- Current methods of the US Preventive Services Task Force: a review of the processR P Harris
School of Medicine and Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7590, USA
Am J Prev Med 20:21-35. 2001..The third Task Force and the EPCs will continue to examine a variety of methodologic issues and document work group progress in future communications...
- Sicily statement on evidence-based practiceMartin Dawes
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
BMC Med Educ 5:1. 2005..This consensus statement is based on current literature and incorporating the experience of delegates attending the 2003 Conference of Evidence-Based Health Care Teachers and Developers ("Signposting the future of EBHC")...
- Disseminating innovations in health careDonald M Berwick
Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 289:1969-75. 2003....
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations for diagnostic tests and strategiesHolger J Schunemann
Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, 00144 Rome, Italy
BMJ 336:1106-10. 2008
- Evidence-based, cost-effective interventions: how many newborn babies can we save?Gary L Darmstadt
Department of International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lancet 365:977-88. 2005..Simultaneous expansion of clinical care for babies and mothers is essential to achieve the reduction in neonatal deaths needed to meet the Millennium Development Goal for child survival...
- Health research funding agencies' support and promotion of knowledge translation: an international studyJacqueline M Tetroe
Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Milbank Q 86:125-55. 2008..Our team asked thirty-three agencies from Australia, Canada, France, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, and the United States about their role in promoting the results of the research they fund...
- Tools for assessing quality and susceptibility to bias in observational studies in epidemiology: a systematic review and annotated bibliographySimon Sanderson
Primary Care Genetics, General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, University of Cambridge and Public Health Genetics Unit, Strangeways Research Labs, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, UK
Int J Epidemiol 36:666-76. 2007..Tools for assessing quality in clinical trials are well-described but much less attention has been given to similar tools for observational epidemiological studies...
- Natural experiments: an underused tool for public health?M Petticrew
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G12 8RZ, UK
Public Health 119:751-7. 2005..This paper discusses some of the benefits and limitations of using this type of evidence, drawing on two ongoing quasi-experimental studies as examples...
- Systems for grading the quality of evidence and the strength of recommendations I: critical appraisal of existing approaches The GRADE Working GroupDavid Atkins
Center for Practice and Technology Assessment, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Rd Rockville, MD 20852, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 4:38. 2004....
- Health policy-makers' perceptions of their use of evidence: a systematic reviewSimon Innvaer
Health Services Research Unit, National Institute of Public Health, Postboks 4404, Nydalen, 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Health Serv Res Policy 7:239-44. 2002..The aim of this systematic review was to summarise the evidence from interview studies of facilitators of, and barriers to, the use of research evidence by health policy-makers...
- Evidence for physiotherapy practice: a survey of the Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro)Anne M Moseley
Centre for Evidence Based Physiotherapy, Department of Medicine, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 1680, Australia
Aust J Physiother 48:43-9. 2002..0 for trials published between 1995 and 1999. There is a substantial body of evidence about the effects of physiotherapy. However, there remains scope for improvements in the quality of the conduct and reporting of clinical trials...
- Developing an evidence-based Guide to Community Preventive Services--methods. The Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesP A Briss
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 18:35-43. 2000..Over time, all of these advantages could help to increase agreement regarding appropriate community health strategies and help to increase their implementation...
- Reliability of the PEDro scale for rating quality of randomized controlled trialsChristopher G Maher
School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, PO Box 170, Lidcombe, New South Wales 1825, Australia
Phys Ther 83:713-21. 2003..This report describes 2 studies designed to investigate the reliability of data obtained with the Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro) scale developed to rate the quality of RCTs evaluating physical therapist interventions...
- Can scientists and policy makers work together?Bernard C K Choi
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Government of Canada
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:632-7. 2005....
- Grading strength of recommendations and quality of evidence in clinical guidelines: report from an american college of chest physicians task forceGordon Guyatt
Department of Medicine, HSC 2C12, McMaster University, 1200 Main St West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
Chest 129:174-81. 2006..The trend toward uniformity of approaches to grading will enhance the usefulness of practice guidelines for clinicians...
- Evidence Based Medicine and Shared Decision Making: the challenge of getting both evidence and preferences into health careAlexandra Barratt
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Patient Educ Couns 73:407-12. 2008b>Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) and Shared Medical Decision Making (SDM) are changing the nature of health care decisions...
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendationsGordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 336:924-6. 2008
- Practical clinical trials: increasing the value of clinical research for decision making in clinical and health policySean R Tunis
Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 290:1624-32. 2003..For these changes to occur, clinical and health policy decision makers will need to become more involved in all aspects of clinical research, including priority setting, infrastructure development, and funding...
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shockR Phillip Dellinger
Crit Care Med 32:858-73. 2004....
- Providing education on evidence-based practice improved knowledge but did not change behaviour: a before and after studyAnnie McCluskey
School of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Blg 24, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South DC, New South Wales 1797, Australia
BMC Med Educ 5:40. 2005..The aim of this before and after study was to evaluate the effect of a multifaceted intervention on the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour of allied health professionals...
- Systematically reviewing qualitative and quantitative evidence to inform management and policy-making in the health fieldNicholas Mays
Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 10:6-20. 2005..The choice of approach will be contingent on the aim of the review and nature of the available evidence, and often more than one approach will be required...
- Principles of evidence based medicineA K Akobeng
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Central Manchester and Manchester Children s University Hospitals, Charlestown Road, Blackley, Manchester, M9 7AA, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:837-40. 2005..b>Evidence based medicine (EBM) is a systematic approach to clinical problem solving which allows the integration of the best ..
- Current evidence for the management of rheumatoid arthritis with glucocorticoids: a systematic literature review informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritisS L Gorter
Division of Internal Medicine, Subdivision of Rheumatology, Maastricht University Hospital, P Debeyelaan 25, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1010-4. 2010..GCs are effective in relieving signs and symptoms and inhibiting radiographic progression, either as monotherapy or in combination with synthetic DMARD monotherapy or combination therapy...
- EULAR standardised operating procedures for the elaboration, evaluation, dissemination, and implementation of recommendations endorsed by the EULAR standing committeesM Dougados
Clinique de Rhumatologie B Groupe, Hospitalier Cochin, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1172-6. 2004
- The effectiveness of clinical guideline implementation strategies--a synthesis of systematic review findingsMathew Prior
Centre for Allied Health Evidence, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 14:888-97. 2008..Data sources/study setting Systematic reviews in full text, English language, 1987-2007, reporting any measure of clinical process change or cost-benefit analysis...
- How representative are clinical study patients with asthma or COPD for a larger "real life" population of patients with obstructive lung disease?Kjetil Herland
Department of Community Medicine and General Practice, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Respir Med 99:11-9. 2005..It is questionable whether such data can extrapolated to a larger, "real life" population of patients with obstructive lung disease. Moreover, we found surprisingly minor differences between the Specialist and GP populations...
- Reporting disease activity in clinical trials of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: EULAR/ACR collaborative recommendationsD Aletaha
Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1360-4. 2008..To make recommendations on how to report disease activity in clinical trials of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) endorsed by the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) and the American College of Rheumatology (ACR)...
- Factors affecting feasibility and acceptability of a practice-based educational intervention to support evidence-based prescribing: a qualitative studyChris Watkins
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Fam Pract 21:661-9. 2004..The design of the intervention was informed by studies that have identified the pre-requisites of successful behaviour change in general practice...
- Teaching evidence-based medicine skills can change practice in a community hospitalSharon E Straus
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 20:340-3. 2005..This study was conducted to evaluate whether a multifaceted EBM intervention consisting of teaching EBM skills and provision of electronic evidence resources changed clinical practice...
- Toward evidence-based quality improvement. Evidence (and its limitations) of the effectiveness of guideline dissemination and implementation strategies 1966-1998Jeremy Grimshaw
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 21:S14-20. 2006..To determine effectiveness and costs of different guideline dissemination and implementation strategies...
- The use of systematic reviews when designing studiesNicola J Cooper
Centre for Biostatistics and Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Clin Trials 2:260-4. 2005..Our objective was to assess the use made of results of reviews in the designing of new studies...
- Five steps to conducting a systematic reviewKhalid S Khan
Education Resource Centre, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
J R Soc Med 96:118-21. 2003
- What constitutes evidence in hospital new drug decision making?K Neil Jenkings
Department of Practice and Policy, The School of Pharmacy, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Soc Sci Med 58:1757-66. 2004..We suggest the coming together of local and abstract in local decision-making needs to be taken into account when formulating policy and providing decision support...
- Building capacity in health research in the developing worldMary Ann Lansang
International Clinical Epidemiology Network Trust, Ramon Magsaysay Center, 1680 Roxas Blvd, Manila, 1004, Philippines
Bull World Health Organ 82:764-70. 2004..Greater national and international investment in capacity building in developing countries has the greatest potential for securing dynamic and agile knowledge systems that can deliver better health and equity, now and in the future...
- Getting evidence into practice: the role and function of facilitationGill Harvey
Quality Improvement Programme, RCN Institute, Oxford, UK
J Adv Nurs 37:577-88. 2002..This paper presents the findings of a concept analysis of facilitation in relation to successful implementation of evidence into practice...
- What drives change? Barriers to and incentives for achieving evidence-based practiceRichard Grol
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med J Aust 180:S57-60. 2004..Planning needs to take into account the nature of the innovation; characteristics of the professionals and patients involved; and the social, organisational, economic and political context...
- The case of the misleading funnel plotJoseph Lau
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
BMJ 333:597-600. 2006
- Disseminating effective cancer screening interventionsRussell E Glasgow
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Cancer 101:1239-50. 2004....
- Multiple behavioral risk factor interventions in primary care. Summary of research evidenceMichael G Goldstein
Bayer Institute for Health Care Communication, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:61-79. 2004....
- Evidence-based public health: an evolving conceptNeal D Kohatsu
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1009, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:417-21. 2004..In this paper, we review the evolution of EBPH, propose a new definition for EBPH, and discuss developments that may support its further advancement...
- Introducing levels of evidence to the journalJames G Wright
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:1-3. 2003
- Getting evidence into practice: the meaning of 'context'Brendan McCormack
University of Ulster Royal Hospitals Trust, Belfast, UK
J Adv Nurs 38:94-104. 2002..This paper presents the findings of a concept analysis of 'context' in relation to the successful implementation of evidence into practice...
- Observational versus experimental studies: what's the evidence for a hierarchy?John Concato
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
NeuroRx 1:341-7. 2004..Unless a more balanced strategy evolves, new claims of methodological authority may be just as problematic as the traditional claims of medical authority that have been criticized by proponents of evidence-based medicine...
- Neuroimaging acupuncture effects in the human brainRupali P Dhond
Massachusetts General Hospital Massachusetts Institute of Technology Harvard Medical School, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Altern Complement Med 13:603-16. 2007..In this review, we will summarize data from acupuncture neuroimaging research and discuss how these findings contribute to current hypotheses of acupuncture action...
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations in clinical practice guidelines: Part 2 of 3. The GRADE approach to grading quality of evidence about diagnostic tests and strategiesJ L Brozek
Department of Epidemiology, Italian National Cancer Institute Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
Allergy 64:1109-16. 2009..Well-designed and conducted studies of allergy tests in parallel with efforts to evaluate allergy treatments critically will encourage improved guideline development for allergic diseases...
- Use of methodological search filters to identify diagnostic accuracy studies can lead to the omission of relevant studiesM M G Leeflang
Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 59:234-40. 2006..To determine the usefulness of methodological filters in search strategies for diagnostic studies in systematic reviews...
- Limitations of the randomized controlled trial in evaluating population-based health interventionsRobert William Sanson-Fisher
Health Behavior Unit, University of Newcastle, Faculty of Health, Royal Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Prev Med 33:155-61. 2007..This review summarizes recent debates and considers the pragmatic and economic issues associated with evaluating whole-population interventions while maintaining scientific validity and credibility...
- Physicians' and patients' choices in evidence based practiceR Brian Haynes
BMJ 324:1350. 2002
- PRIME--PRocess modelling in ImpleMEntation research: selecting a theoretical basis for interventions to change clinical practiceAnne E Walker
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 3:22. 2003....
- The birth of the empirical turn in bioethicsPascal Borry
Center for Biomedical Ethics and Law, Faculty of Medicine, K U Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 3, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Bioethics 19:49-71. 2005..However, a problematic relationship cannot simply and easily evolve into a perfect interaction. A new and positive climate for empirical approaches has arisen, but the original difficulties have not disappeared...
- How can we increase translation of research into practice? Types of evidence neededRussell E Glasgow
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 28:413-33. 2007..Greater attention is needed to connectedness across program levels and components. Finally, examples are provided of evaluation models and current programs that can help accelerate translation of research to practice and policy...
- Randomised controlled trial of a theoretically grounded tailored intervention to diffuse evidence-based public health practice [ISRCTN23257060]Louise Forsetlund
Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, Postbox 8054 Dep, 0031 Oslo, Norway
BMC Med Educ 3:2. 2003..In this study we investigate whether a theoretically grounded tailored intervention to diffuse evidence-based public health practice increases the physicians' use of research information...
- An alternative to the hand searching gold standard: validating methodological search filters using relative recallMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:33. 2006..We demonstrate the feasibility of using relative recall of included studies from multiple systematic reviews to validate methodological search filters as an alternative to validation against a gold standard formed through hand searching...
- Evidence-based medicine, heterogeneity of treatment effects, and the trouble with averagesRichard L Kravitz
University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Milbank Q 82:661-87. 2004..Recognizing these factors, researchers can design studies that better characterize who will benefit from medical treatments, and clinicians and policymakers can make better use of the results...
- An evidence-based staging system for cutaneous melanomaCharles M Balch
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 54:131-49; quiz 182-4. 2004..6) A new convention was implemented for defining clinical and pathological staging so as to take into account the new staging information gained from lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy...
- Making trials matter: pragmatic and explanatory trials and the problem of applicabilityShaun Treweek
Division of Clinical and Population Sciences and Education, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Trials 10:37. 2009..If we want evidence from trials to be used in clinical practice and policy, trialists should make every effort to make their trial widely applicable, which means that more trials should be pragmatic in attitude...
- An experimental study of determinants of group judgments in clinical guideline developmentRosalind Raine
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lancet 364:429-37. 2004....
- RE-AIM: evidence-based standards and a Web resource to improve translation of research into practiceDavid A Dzewaltowski
K State Research and Extension, Community Health Institute, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Ann Behav Med 28:75-80. 2004..Operating with similar conditions and resources, it is unlikely that evidence-based behavioral medicine (EBBM) practices will be more successfully implemented...
- Evidence-based medicine as Bayesian decision-makingD Ashby
Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Stat Med 19:3291-305. 2000..We outline a practical agenda for further development...
- The psychosocial and health effects of workplace reorganisation. 1. A systematic review of organisational-level interventions that aim to increase employee controlMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G128RZ, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:945-54. 2007..Systematic review of the health and psychosocial effects of increasing employee participation and control through workplace reorganisation, with reference to the "demand-control-support" model of workplace health...
- A new 'mechanistic-practical" framework for designing and interpreting randomized trialsPaul J Karanicolas
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 62:479-84. 2009..e., the conventional pragmatic trial. Instead we will design, implement, and apply the results of practical trials to our patients...
- Evidence-based policy-making: the implications of globally-applicable research for context-specific problem-solving in developing countriesDominique Behague
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Soc Sci Med 69:1539-46. 2009..While such diversity may render EBPM more conflict-ridden, debate is by no means an undesirable characteristic in any evolving system of knowledge, for it has the potential to foster critical insight and localized change...
- Teaching emergency medicine residents evidence-based critical appraisal skills: a controlled trialJ J Bazarian
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Ann Emerg Med 34:148-54. 1999..To compare the performance of an evidence-based medicine (EBM) approach and a traditional approach to teaching critical appraisal skills to emergency medicine residents...
- EFNS Guidelines on diagnosis and treatment of brain metastases: report of an EFNS Task ForceR Soffietti
Department of Neurology and Oncology, San Giovanni Battista Hospital and University, Torino, Italy
Eur J Neurol 13:674-81. 2006..WBRT alone is the treatment of choice for patients with single or multiple brain metastases not amenable to surgery or radiosurgery. Chemotherapy may be the initial treatment for patients with brain metastases from chemosensitive tumors...
- The propensity to adopt evidence-based practice among physical therapistsPatricia H Bridges
Division of Physical Therapy Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 7:103. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the extent to which personal characteristics and the characteristics of the social system in the workplace influence the propensity of physical therapists to adopt EBP...
- Computer-based teaching is as good as face to face lecture-based teaching of evidence based medicine: a randomized controlled trialJames Davis
The Birmingham Women s Hospital NHS Trust, UK
Med Teach 30:302-7. 2008..effectiveness of a short computer-based session, integrating a lecturer's video with a standardized structure, for evidence based medicine (EBM) teaching, compared to a lecture-based teaching session of similar structure and duration.
- Research capacity strengthening in the SouthThomas C Nchinda
The Global Forum for Health Research, Geneva, Switzerland
Soc Sci Med 54:1699-711. 2002..They should set highly focussed research priorities, identify competence not already existing and proceed to fill these gaps along the lines described...
- "Developing good taste in evidence": facilitators of and hindrances to evidence-informed health policymaking in state governmentChristopher J Jewell
University of California, San Francisco 94143 0613, USA
Milbank Q 86:177-208. 2008..The real-life context in which policymakers are situated and make decisions also is crucial to the development of evidence-informed policy...
- Bridging the implementation gap between knowledge and action for healthAndy Haines
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC 1E 7HT, England
Bull World Health Organ 82:724-31; discussion 732. 2004..Given the potential for near-term improvements in health, finding more effective ways of promoting the uptake of evidence-based interventions should be a priority for researchers, practitioners and policy-makers...
- Improving the quality of health care in the United Kingdom and the United States: a framework for changeE B Ferlie
University of London
Milbank Q 79:281-315. 2001..The multilevel change framework and associated properties provide a framework for assessing progress along the journey...
- Treatment of focal articular cartilage defects in the knee: a systematic reviewRobert A Magnussen
Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute, 4200 Medical Center East, 1215 21st Avenue South, Suite 4200, Nashville, TN, 37232 8774, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:952-62. 2008..A large prospective trial investigating these techniques with the addition of a control group would be the best way to definitively address the clinical questions...
- Symbols were superior to numbers for presenting strength of recommendations to health care consumers: a randomized trialElie A Akl
Department of Medicine, University at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:1298-305. 2007..To compare health care consumers' understanding, evaluations, and preferences for symbols vs. numbers and letters for the representation of strength of recommendations (SOR) and quality of evidence (QOE)...
- Fidelity outcomes in the National Implementing Evidence-Based Practices ProjectGregory J McHugo
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1279-84. 2007..This article presents fidelity outcomes for five evidence-based practices that were implemented in routine public mental health settings in the National Implementing Evidence-Based Practices Project...
- Treatment of nonmuscle invading bladder cancer: do physicians in the United States practice evidence based medicine? The use and economic implications of intravesical chemotherapy after transurethral resection of bladder tumorsRalph Madeb
Department of Urology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
Cancer 115:2660-70. 2009..The authors sought to determine whether US urologists have adopted this practice, and its potential effect on costs of bladder cancer (BC) care...
- Breast cancer screening: a summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceLinda L Humphrey
Oregon Health and Science University and Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mailcode BICC, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:347-60. 2002..To synthesize new data on breast cancer screening for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force...
- Overweight, obesity, and cancer riskFrance Bianchini
Unit of Chemoprevention, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, France
Lancet Oncol 3:565-74. 2002..Avoidance of weight gain thus seems to be an important factor for cancer prevention...
- Integration of evidence based medicine into a medical curriculumH M Tamim
College of Medicine, King Saud bin Abdualziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Med Educ Online 14:15. 2009..of this curriculum to prepare the students in English language skills, PBL, Information Technology and Evidence Based Medicine (EBM)...
- The effectiveness of interventions to increase physical activity. A systematic reviewEmily B Kahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 22:73-107. 2002..These recommendations should serve the needs of researchers, planners, and other public health decision makers...
- American Cancer Society guideline for the early detection of prostate cancer: update 2010Andrew M D Wolf
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 60:70-98. 2010..Patient decision aids are helpful in preparing men to make a decision whether to be tested...
- Learning needs analysis to guide teaching evidence-based medicine: knowledge and beliefs amongst trainees from various specialitiesJulie A Hadley
Birmingham Women s Health Care NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BMC Med Educ 7:11. 2007....
- Evidence-based practice: beliefs, attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors of physical therapistsDiane U Jette
Physical Therapy Program, Simmons College, 300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Phys Ther 83:786-805. 2003....
- Study designs for effectiveness and translation research :identifying trade-offsShawna L Mercer
Guide to Community Preventive Services, National Center for Health Marketing, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:139-154. 2007..Investigators, however, face challenges in designing sound effectiveness and translation research with relevance for "real-world" settings...
- Ethics of evidence based medicine in the primary care settingA Slowther
The Ethox Centre, University of Oxford, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Oxford, UK
J Med Ethics 30:151-5. 2004b>Evidence based medicine has had an increasing impact on primary care over the last few years...
- An exploration of the factors that influence the implementation of evidence into practiceJo Rycroft-Malone
Royal College of Nursing Institute, Oxford, UK
J Clin Nurs 13:913-24. 2004..This study sets out to scrutinize the elements of the framework through empirical enquiry...
- Weight control and physical activity in cancer prevention: international evaluation of the evidenceHarri Vainio
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer Prev 11:S94-100. 2002..Thus adiposity and physical inactivity appear to be the most important avoidable causes of these cancers...
- Real-time information-seeking behavior of residency physiciansKathleen Ramos
University Medical Center, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco Fresno Medical Education Program, 93722, USA
Fam Med 35:257-60. 2003..The current study was designed to determine the extent to which they or their faculty spend time searching for evidence-based answers. This information will help guide the content and format of EBM curricula in residency programs...
- Diet and asthmaTricia M McKeever
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:725-9. 2004
- Evidence based medicine and the medical curriculumPaul Glasziou
BMJ 337:a1253. 2008
- ESPEN Guidelines on Parenteral Nutrition: intensive carePierre Singer
General Intensive Care Department and Institute for Nutrition Research, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Tikva, Israel
Clin Nutr 28:387-400. 2009..The present guidelines are the result of the analysis of the available literature, and acknowledging these limitations, our recommendations are intentionally largely expressed as expert opinions...
- Evidence-Based Curriculum in Alternative TherapiesVictor Sierpina; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mounting the curriculum on our web site will enable us to export it to other educational settings nationwide. ..
- Molecular Markers for Progression of Pulmonary Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisShervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2013..is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Rheumatology and in the Center for Clinical Research and Evidence Based Medicine. He has recently completed a Master's Degree Program in Clinical Research...
- Characterizing Patellofemoral Joint Stress Using Patient-Specific ModelsGARY BEAUPRE; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- NICHD Cooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research NetworkAbbot R Laptook; Fiscal Year: 2013..and contribute to the overall goal of improving neonatal care and outcomes through rigorous research and evidence based medicine. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE (See instructions): Premature birth is associated with multiple morbidities ..
- Genetic Disorder of Mucocilary ClearanceMichael R Knowles; Fiscal Year: 2013..have sub-optimal treatment, because diagnosis is incorrect (or delayed), and treatment is not driven by evidence based medicine. The three key hypotheses of this proposal are that: 1) systematic evaluation of patients with rare ..
- Genetic Discovery and Application in a Clinical Setting Continuing a PartnershipEric B Larson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Methods to use these results in clinical care will be guided by focus groups of patients and caregivers in the patient-centered Group Health system. ..
- Using Outcomes Analyses to Inform Implementation of NINDS Clinical TrialsJAMES FRANCIS BURKE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis: ACCP Evidence-Based ClinicalSandra Zelman Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- AGS Guiding Principles for the Care of Older Adults with Multimorbidity: A MobileNancy Lundebjerg; Fiscal Year: 2013..the project, including overall success of our outreach efforts to promote awareness, tracking usage of the MGP App &Online Educational Tools, and the overall feedback on the MGP app as well as an evaluation of its effectiveness ..
- A Multiyear Grant to Support the Diagnostic Error in Medicine (DEM) Annual ConferDavid E Newman-Toker; Fiscal Year: 2012..We expect 150+ of the leading experts in this field to attend to discuss current understandings of this problem and what steps can be taken to minimize errors in the future. ..
- Cooperative Multicenter Network of Neontal Intensive Care UnitsSeetha Shankaran; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 3: To disseminate results of research in order to facilitate the development and practice of evidence based medicine. WSU has taken the lead with the PI, Seetha Shankaran, as the Network Study PI in the upcoming NRN trial: ..
- Physicochemical Signaling in OsteoarthritisRoy K Aaron; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have added major new program initiatives and individuals that enhance our ability to produce independent investigators. ..
- Translating Research into Systemic Interventions for Tobacco CessationDOROTHY ELINOR APOLLONIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research will form the basis for an R01 application to refine and study the effectiveness of educational interventions as a means of improving research translation. ..
- Management of Cancer-Treatment-Induced Bone LossLUKE JOSEPH PEPPONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Peppone will use the training and data obtained by this award to develop into an independent clinical researcher in the cancer control field. ..
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITSMichele Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..extensive experience in NIH funded innovative clinical and basic science research;3) faculty dedicated to evidence based medicine with a proven record of collaboration and cohesive care;4)an internationally recognized follow-up program ..
- Emerging Safety and Quality Issues in the Care of Hospitalized ChildrenNORA ESTEBAN-CRUVIANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, these efforts can improve safety and quality care for hospitalized children at the regional level, and potentially at the national level. ..
- MULTICENTER NETWORK OF NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNITSKathleen A Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ongoing pragmatic clinical research is needed to improve these outcomes. ..
- Comparative Analysis of Surgical Treatment Options for Localized Prostate CancerJames A Eastham; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NCMHD Southeastern Exploratory Sickle Cell Center of ExcellenceAbdullah Kutlar; Fiscal Year: 2013..economic reasons for underutilization of hydroxyurea in SCD, iv) training primary care physicians with evidence based medicine in the care of patients with SCD, given the sobering reality that there will not be enough specialists in ..
- War Violence and Global Burden of Diseases Related To Substance Use and DisordersBRADLEY TOWNSEND KERRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Gastrointestinal Risk Factors for Wheezing in Premature InfantsAnna Maria Hibbs; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study will facilitate the design of future trials of therapies to prevent wheezing by identifying targetable risk factors and appropriate non-invasive measurement tools. ..
- Rethinking Informed Consent for Pragmatic Comparative Effectiveness TrialsDanielle Whicher; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study is designed to examine that question. ..
- Association between clinical decision support systems and health care disparitiesJORDAN MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..Policy makers will be able to use the results of this study to strengthen the case for fully functional electronic medical record (EMR) systems that include clinical decision support systems (CDSS). ..
- Measuring and Reducing Excessive Infant Crying: A Randomized TrialChristopher S Greeley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our Chairman recently moved him to the Center for Clinical Research and Evidence Based Medicine. He is mentored by its director, Jon Tyson, MD, MPH, a K12 director and recipient of national awards for ..
- Tufts Clinical and Translation Science Institute (UL1)Harry P Selker; Fiscal Year: 2011..In all aspects of training, research support, and organizational development, the Tufts CTSI will support and instill the culture of cooperative interdisciplinary research, a home without walls, for CTR Tufts-wide. ..
- The Childrens Nutrition Research Center Training ProgramMorey W Haymond; Fiscal Year: 2013..The funding of this T32 will help sustain our training program for bright and motivated nutritional scientists who will be instrumental in improving the health and care of the current and next generation of children. ..
- Clinical Neuroengineering Training ProgramJUSTIN COLE WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, Evidence Based Medicine has become a mantra of health care administrators and one that biomedical engineers must not only ..
- Analytical Approaches to Massive Data Computation with Applications to GenomicsELIEZER UPFAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such an approach enhances the effectiveness of evidence based medicine and other policy and social applications of big data analysis...
- Otolaryngology Training in Immunology, Virology and Molecular BiologyAllen F Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Trainees will also receive instruction in the research ethics, responsible conduct of research, project design and implementation, and publication of results. ..
- PAIN, NOCICEPTION AND THE AMYGDALAVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mechanistic analysis of higher brain functions and drug targets in pain will boost basic science knowledge required for evidence-based medicine and provide new and improved strategies for pain management. ..
- NC NEXUS, North Carolina Newborn Exome Sequencing for Universal ScreeningCYNTHIA MARION POWELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is relevant to public health because critical challenges remain to be addressed before genomic medicine can be broadly implemented in the newborn screening context. ..
- Influences on Psychiatrist Prescribing of AntipsychoticsHaiden A Huskamp; Fiscal Year: 2013..Alternatively, if organizational factors, pharmaceutical promotion and/or policy factors explain much of the variation in prescribing behaviors, such findings would motivate interventions at the organizational and policy-level. . ..
- POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCHHarry P Selker; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Optimizing Treatment of Rectal Cancer Using a Markov Decision ModelGeorge J Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Teaching Scholarly Activity in Psychiatric TrainingSidney Zisook; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- BiomedWorks: How doctors use evidence-based medicine;Phase I and II submissionWalter C Allan; Fiscal Year: 2011..This material will be disseminated throughout Maine (500 high school teachers, 17,000 students) and the nation via local and regional workshops and national teacher meetings. ..
- Evidence Informed Practice: Faculty and Curriculum DevelopmentBELINDA JANE ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will leverage NCCAM's R25 investment, and improve the capacity of the AOM profession to understand and use research in clinical practice. ..
- Tufts Clinical and Translation Science Institute (UL1)Harry P Selker; Fiscal Year: 2013..In all aspects of training, research support, and organizational development, the Tufts CTSI will support and instill the culture of cooperative interdisciplinary research, a home without walls, for CTR Tufts-wide. ..
- Radiomics of NSCLCRobert J Gillies; Fiscal Year: 2013..This would also have socioeconomic significance as it would allow advanced, evidence based medicine to be practiced using standard-of-care images...
- RESEARCH IN PERINATAL MEDICINEPatrick G Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2013..offered to trainees in both tracks and all trainees are required to attend instruction in biostatistics, evidence based medicine, clinical trial design, epidemiology, and ethical conduct of research...
- Excellence In Training: The Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders at BUMichael W Otto; Fiscal Year: 2012..seeks to enhance training in critical treatment planning and evaluation skills that are at the heart of evidence based medicine. This program of excellence application is designed to expand the curriculum of training in ..
- Model Portability for Complex PatientsJonathan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will allow others to use the simulator for research, management and policy analyses, and clinical prioritization;and to improve the simulator with their own open-source changes and extensions. ..
- Cardothoracic Surgery NetworkJOHN DANIEL PUSKAS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Phase 2 Study of Hemin for Treatment and Prevention of Porphyria AttacksKARL ELMO ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will provide the first high quality evidence for efficacy and safety of the drug viewed as the most important available treatment for acute attacks of porphyria. ..
- A Bridge Between the Academic and Clinical Setting: Evi*Rebecca Craik; Fiscal Year: 2003..The planning team for this grant includes Param Bedi, head of information technology and Ann Ranieri, head of library technical services at Arcadia University...
- Assessing Risk Communication Educational Practices in Genetic Counseling ProgramsIsaac M Lipkus; Fiscal Year: 2010..The curriculum will be developed through extensive discussions with experts in risk communication and interviews with directors of genetic counseling programs and their students. ..
- Center for Clinical and Translational SciencesDavid D McPherson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Center for Clinical and Translational SciencesDavid D McPherson; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Center for Clinical and Translational SciencesDavid D McPherson; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- HERMES - Help physicians to Extract and aRticulate Multimedia information from liHong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2009..5) Design a usability study to measure efficacy, accuracy and perceived ease of use of HERMES and to compare HERMES with other information systems. ..
- Barriers to Research and Care in Depressed Black YouthAlfiee M Breland Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>evidence based medicine and research ethics);3) knowledge development in the application of the Transtheoretical Model of Change (..
- Health Journalism 2011, national conference on health care journalismLEONARD J BRUZZESE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Instruction on how to pursue specific story ideas and health data will allow health reporters to return to their communities and quickly produce important news stories that can lead to improved localized health activity. ..
- Health Journalism 2010, national conference on health care journalismLEONARD J BRUZZESE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Instruction on how to pursue specific story ideas and health data will allow health reporters to return to their communities and quickly produce important news stories that can lead to improved localized health activity. ..
- Amygdala Serotonin Neurotransmission and Neuropathic PainVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mechanistic analysis of higher brain functions and drug targets in pain will boost basic science knowledge required for evidence-based medicine and provide translational strategies for pharmacotherapeutics and/or gene therapy. ..
- Digital Library for Idaho Rural Healthcare ProfessionalsMARCIA FRANCIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Nine of the ten participating hospitals are off-campus, community partners in the Telehealth Idaho project. ..
- Curriculum and Faculty Development in Evidence-based MedicineMARGARET ANN WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Outcomes will be shared nationwide via presentations, publications, and innovative online efforts. ..
- Naturopathic Physician Research Education ProjectJane Guiltinan; Fiscal Year: 2011..CAM training programs need to increase the quality and quantity of research curriculum, incorporate evidence based medicine into didactic and clinical teaching, and involve their faculty in scholarly research...
- Semi-Automated Abstract Screening for Comparative Effectiveness ReviewsThomas Trikalinos; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- AHRQ Training GrantAlfred Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, since 1994 the current and past trainees have made 497 oral presentations at scientific meetings and seminars. In this application we seek funding to continue training MD/PhD students and predoc PhD students. ..
- Acupuncture Practitioner Research Education EnhancementDeborah Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Sustainability will be further addressed by beginning to develop grant content as web-based distance learning modules. ..
- Text Mining Pipeline to Accelerate Systematic Reviews in Evidence-Based MedicineNeil R Smalheiser; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, the coverage, dissemination, and acceptance of evidence- based medicine in the biomedical community will increase, resulting in better and more cost- effective clinical care. ..
- Automated matching of relevant research studies to patient records for EBMCHRISTOPHER D ROSIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Such software products would have the potential to improve healthcare outcomes and cost-effectiveness on a large scale. ..
- Health Journalism 2013, national conference on health care journalismLEONARD J BRUZZESE; Fiscal Year: 2013..healthjournalism.org, summaries presented in the newsletter HealthBeat, and the creation of training materials for use in a new web-based core curriculum for journalists. ..
- EVALUATION OF A GUIDELINE-BASED DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMDavid Lobach; Fiscal Year: 2000..This project extension has the potential to demonstrate the value of guideline-based CDSS in clinical care as well as inform us about the attributes of clinical sites that enable this type of technology to succeed. ..
- A Video DVD Program to Assist with Informed ConsentNeil Love; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the product will be evaluated in terms of the potential to save physicians' and nurses' time, and ultimately improve clinical trial accrual. ..
- COOK COUNTY HOSPITAL-RUSH UNIV JOINT INTERNET PROJECTKevin Lane; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- Better Decisions, Better Care: Advancing decision support to improve health careNananda Col; Fiscal Year: 2006..research in a rich cross-section of disciplines including decision analysis, shared decision making, evidence based medicine, cost-effectiveness analysis, health economics, meta-analysis, computational methods, decision psychology,..
- Better Decisions, Better Care: Theories of Medical Decision Making and HealthVALERIE REYNA; Fiscal Year: 2006..research in a rich cross-section of disciplines including decision analysis, shared decision making, evidence based medicine, cost effectiveness analysis, health economics, meta-analysis, computational methods, decision psychology,..
- Oregon CAM CourseEdward Keenan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dissemination of the curriculum and it's evaluation will be via video, DVD, CD, website, a web-based course, Internet 2 video conferencing, lectures, workshops at national meetings, networking and publications. ..
- Expanding MAHEC Digital LibrarySUSAN CENTNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. To support the incorporation of evidence based medicine into these preceptors practice sites by providing them with continuing education, training and resources ..
- Health Resources for AHEC Community PreceptorsSUSAN CENTNER; Fiscal Year: 2002..4. To evaluate some EBM database resources and use these preceptors to determine which of these resources are effective in providing information to be used in patient care decision-making. ..
- 3D Breast Anatomy Analysis in Cancer Treatment Planning and Outcome AssessmentFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., different reconstruction procedures). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Appalachian Medical Digital Library Internet AccessALFRED PHELEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..that will instruct users about the utilization of internet based library materials in the practice of evidence based medicine. Participants will be able to use the web-portal for educational programming, lectures and streaming ..
- PROSPECTIVE CLINICAL STUDIES IN NEONATAL SURGERYMartin Blakely; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- KANSAS RURAL PRACTICE RESEARCH NETWORKK Kallail; Fiscal Year: 2000..Objective 4. Test clinical hypotheses within the network based upon the best available data-supported evidence. ..
- Otitis Media and Language Learning SequelaeJoanne Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- NUTRITION AND CVD PREVENTION FOR THE MEDICALLY UNDERSERVBrian Tobin; Fiscal Year: 2004....