Summary: A branch of medicine pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases occurring during the period beginning with puberty until the cessation of somatic growth.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Menstruation among adolescent girls in Malaysia: a cross-sectional school surveyL K Lee
Department of Community Medicine, International Medical University, Plaza Komanwel, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur 57000, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:869-74. 2006..However, variability in menstrual cycle characteristics and menstrual disorders are common. The purpose of this study was to determine the menstrual characteristics of adolescent females and factors associated with it...
- Transition to adult health care for adolescents and young adults with chronic conditions: position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineDavid S Rosen
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:309-11. 2003
- Guidelines for adolescent health research. A position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineJohn S Santelli
J Adolesc Health 33:396-409. 2003
- Medical student performance on an adolescent medicine examinationParitosh Kaul
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:299-301. 2012To examine the performance of third-year medical students on an adolescent medicine clinical practice examination.
- Adolescent medicine: attitudes, training, and experience of pediatric, family medicine, and obstetric-gynecology residentsRebecca Kershnar
Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency, Martinez, California, USA
Yale J Biol Med 82:129-41. 2009....
- Treating adolescents in South Africa: time for adolescent medicine units?Cristina Stefan
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Tygerberg Children s Hospital and Stellenbosch University, Parow, Western Cape
S Afr Med J 98:184-5, 187. 2008
- Eating disorders in adolescents: position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineNeville H Golden
Schneider Children s Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:496-503. 2003
- Abstinence-only education policies and programs: a position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineJohn Santelli
J Adolesc Health 38:83-7. 2006
- Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate and bone mineral density in adolescents--the Black Box Warning: a Position Paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineBarbara A Cromer
Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:296-301. 2006....
- Consent, competence, and confidentiality related to psychiatric conditions in adolescent medicine practiceAmy T Campbell
Office for Human Subject Protection, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 628, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Adolesc Med Clin 17:25-47. 2006..How best to proceed? It truly depends-with law and ethics the start (not end) of the discussion and analysis...
- Preventing and treating adolescent obesity: a position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineMichael Kohn
The Children s Hospital Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
J Adolesc Health 38:784-7. 2006
- Adolescent medicineDonald E Greydanus
Kalamzoo Center for Medical Studies, Michigan State University, 100 Oakland Drive, 49008 1284, USA
Prim Care 33:xiii-xviii. 2006
- Adolescent medicineGeorge C Patton
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, VIC 3052
Med J Aust 176:3. 2002
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: a position statement of the Society for Adolescent MedicineLawrence S Friedman
J Adolesc Health 39:620. 2006
- Reviewing manuscripts for Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent MedicinePeter Cummings
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:11-3. 2002
- HIV infection and AIDS in adolescents: an update of the position of the Society for Adolescent MedicineLAWRENCE J D'ANGELO
J Adolesc Health 38:88-91. 2006
- Confidential Health Care for Adolescents: position paper for the society for adolescent medicineCarol Ford
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:160-7. 2004
- Adolescent medicine training in pediatric residency programsHarriette B Fox
National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Pediatrics 125:165-72. 2010The aim of this study was to provide an assessment of pediatric residency training in adolescent medicine.
- Interest in genetic counseling and testing for adolescent nicotine addiction susceptibility among a sample of adolescent medicine providers attending a scientific conference on adolescent healthKenneth P Tercyak
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:42-50. 2007..As such, it is important to understand the attitudes and practices of adolescent medicine providers toward tobacco control and genetic testing to anticipate better the needs and interests of these ..
- The development and pilot-testing of a training curriculum in adolescent medicine and healthPierre Andre Michaud
Multidisciplinary Unit for Adolescent Health, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Adolesc Health 35:51-7. 2004....
- Training needs in adolescent medicine of practising doctors: a Swiss national survey of six disciplinesBarbara Kraus
Multidisciplinary Unit for Adolescent Health UMSA, and Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University Hospital CHUV, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Med Educ 37:709-14. 2003To assess and compare the training needs in adolescent medicine of doctors within 6 specialties as a basis for the development of pre/postgraduate and continuing medical education (CME) training curricula.
- Health care transition: youth, family, and provider perspectivesJohn G Reiss
Institute for Child Health Policy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Pediatrics 115:112-20. 2005..experiences of youths and young adults with disabilities and special health care needs, family members, and health care providers? What are promising practices that facilitate successful HCT? What are obstacles that inhibit HCT?..
- [Migrant-specific participation barriers and accessiblity in The Child and Adolescent Health Survey]L Schenk
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S59-68. 2002..Such factors must also be taken into account in designing the course of the survey and in considering questions of migrant accessibility...
- [From childhood disease to adolescent medicine]Patrick Alvin
AP HP et faculté de médecine Paris Sud, fédération de pédiatrie, Service de médecine pour adolescents, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Arch Pediatr 13:29-32. 2006
- [Conceptualization and operationalization of social inequality in The Child and Adolescent Health Survey]T Lampert
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S48-52. 2002....
- [The Child and Adolescent Health Survey: collection of health behavior data from parents and children]W Thefeld
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S36-42. 2002..With this survey, the occurrence of certain unhealthy behaviour characteristics may be documented and risk groups may be identified. This may help to conceptualize prevention measures...
- [Laboratory tests in The Child and Adolescent Health Survey]W Thierfelder
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S23-9. 2002....
- [Questionnaire and interview on physical health within the scope of The Child and Adolescent Health Survey]H Neuhauser
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S17-22. 2002..This paper summarises the items on physical health assessed in the questionnaires and the medical interview, outlines the theoretical background for some methodological issues and reports conclusions from the survey pretest...
- [The physical examination within the scope of The Child and Adolescent Health Survey]A Dippelhofer
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S12-6. 2002..Besides, if acute symptoms are detected, severity of atopic dermatitis is recorded. The methods and instruments have been tested in a pilot study over a period of one year and were optimised for the main study...
- Case-control confusionMartha A Hellems
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia Children s Hospital, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
Ambul Pediatr 6:96-9. 2006..The goal of this study was to determine how often pediatric research articles that are self-declared as case-control studies conform to a standard definition for this study design...
- [Pilot study of The Child and Adolescent Health Survey: methodological aspects and procedure]P Kamtsiuris
Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 64:S99-106. 2002..The conduct of the pilot study resulted in a number of experiences and findings that will contribute to an optimised approach in the main course of the survey...
- Evidence-based models for clinical care in pediatric and adolescent gynecologyPaul G McDonough
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 18:71-3. 2005
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology in practice and residency trainingPaula J Adams Hillard
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:363-5. 2004
- Canadian pediatric residents' experience and level of comfort with adolescent gynecological health careDaphne J Korczak
The Division of Paediatric Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Adolesc Health 38:57-9. 2006..Senior Canadian pediatric residents are uncomfortable and feel inadequately prepared in providing routine gynecological care to adolescents...
- Adolescent medicine in paediatric practiceD Payne
Department of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:1133-7. 2005....
- Primary care providers' willingness to see unaccompanied adolescentsTerrill Bravender
Duke University Medical Center, Box 3675, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:30-6. 2004..To describe primary care practitioners' office policies and willingness to provide medical care for unaccompanied adolescents aged 11-17 years...
- [Consensus recommendations on drug treatment of bronchial asthma in children and adolescents. 1. Addendum (2003). Austrian Society for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine and Austrian Society for Lung Diseases and Tuberculosis]Ernst Eber
Klinische Abteilung für Pulmonologie und Allergologie, Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendheilkunde, Auenbruggerplatz 30, A 8036 Graz, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 115:604-6. 2003
- The spectrum of paediatric and adolescent rheumatologyKaren Davies
Paediatric Rheumatology Department, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, WV10 0QP, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 20:179-200. 2006....
- Executing juvenile offenders--a fundamental failure of society: a position paper of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Society for Adolescent MedicineMadlyn C Morreale
J Adolesc Health 37:428. 2005
- Reproducibility of a low back pain questionnaire in Tunisian adolescentsIsmail Bejia
Department of Rheumatology, EPS Monastir, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Clin Rheumatol 25:715-20. 2006..71-1.00). The results suggest that the questionnaire used in the present study provided reproducible information and can be used as a survey tool for the investigation of low back problems in adolescents...
- Transition of care: health care professionals' viewJitna Por
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, 57 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA, UK
J Nurs Manag 12:354-61. 2004..Health care professionals' views of patients and family/carers' needs and how such needs may be met were identified...
- [Transition from pediatric to adult care in severe chronic diseases in children]J P Dommergues
Arch Pediatr 10:295-9. 2003
- [Legal and medico-legal issues in adolescent medicine. A critical review of the present regulation and legislation]T L Schwarzenberg
Istituto di Puericultura, Servizio Speciale di Adolescentologia, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 53:49-53. 2001..All the same, it must be noted that the Legislator apparently realised that not only the physical, psychological and social maturity proceed by steps, but also the legal capacity...
- An international scoring system for self-reported health complaints in adolescentsUlrike Ravens-Sieberer
School of Public Health, WHO Collaborating Center for Child and Adolescent Health Promotion, University of Bielefeld, Germany
Eur J Public Health 18:294-9. 2008..Rasch measurement analysis and investigation of differential item functioning (DIF) were conducted...
- [Transfer of the care for adolescents with chronic illnesses: from pediatrics to specialists for adults]R A M G Donckerwolcke
Academisch Ziekenhuis, afd Kindergeneeskunde, Postbus 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:675-8. 2002..Procedures for the transition should be established in a protocol. The responsibility for monitoring the process lies in principle with the treating paediatrician...
- [Preparation and monitoring of sedation and analgosedation carried out by pediatricians and pediatric training assistants]H Sauer
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin am Klinikum Bayreuth
Klin Padiatr 220:189-95. 2008..Since the provisions of the specialist associations diverge in some respects, we have developed an own standard. This takes into account the existing guidelines, aiming at maximum safety for our patients and maximum practicability...
- [Adolescents and contraception. What should the pediatrician know? (Part 2)]P Alvin
Service de médecine pour adolescents, fédération de pédiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Arch Pediatr 9:187-95. 2002Many adolescents are sexually active and reproductive health is an important aspect of adolescent medicine. However, pediatricians are often uncomfortable with the issues of sexuality and contraception, for which they have not been ..
- Perspectives on pediatric and adolescent gynecology from the allied health professionalA Nicoletti
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:57. 2002
- Problem solving in pediatric and adolescent gynecologyJoseph S Sanfilippo
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:1-2. 2002
- Transition from pediatric to adult services: are we getting it right?Andrew Kennedy
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Curr Opin Pediatr 20:403-9. 2008..This review examines the evidence from recent studies and position statements to determine the current issues relating to transition...
- Pediatric emergency medicine: Legal briefsSteven M Selbst
Division of Emergency Medicine, I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 18:63-6. 2002
- Caring for an underserved population: Helping pediatric patients with disabilities transition to adulthoodChristine Milbrath
Gillette Children s Specialty Healthcare, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Creat Nurs 14:66-9. 2008..A service gap between pediatric care providers and adult care providers is bridged by a program providing direct care, education, and advocacy...
- Crossing the thresholdVaughn I Rickert
J Adolesc Health 33:134-7. 2003
- Transition of adult patients with cystic fibrosis from paediatric to adult care--the patients' perspective before and after start-up of an adult clinicG Steinkamp
Kinderklinik, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D-30623 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Med Res 6:85-92. 2001..Thorough training of all staff of the new adult unit and a close co-operation between both departments are pre-requisites to guarantee a smooth transition of all patients...
- Oncology. In their prime, and dying of cancerJennifer Couzin
Science 317:1160-2. 2007
- Adolescent knowledge about sexually transmitted diseasesLinar R Clark
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Center for Excellence for Minority Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 29:436-43. 2002..Adolescents learn about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) from many sources, yet little is known about how well these educational sources are teaching them about STDs...
- Transition from pediatric to adult care for growth hormone deficiencyRon G Rosenfeld
Lucile Packard Foundation for Children s Health, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:645-9. 2003..This paper describes the challenges involved in reestablishing the diagnosis of GH deficiency (GHD), titrating GH dosage, and sustaining patients on long-term GH treatment...
- Medicare on my mindNanette B Silverberg
Cutis 79:270-1. 2007
- [The German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS) 2003-2006 - a milestone in paediatrics]U Thyen
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:529-30. 2007
- [The results of the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS) - a unique data collection concerning the health of the rising generation]P C Scriba
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:531-2. 2007
- [The German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS): an overview of its planning, implementation and results taking into account aspects of quality management]B M Kurth
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:533-46. 2007..At the same time, it is shown how the individual publications in the journal for public health, health research and health protection (Bundesgesundheitsblatt) special issue no. 5/6 2007 connect to one another and to the issue as a whole...
- [The German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS): sample design, response and nonresponse analysis]P Kamtsiuris
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:547-56. 2007..The main reasons for non-participation were failure to appear at an agreed appointment time (or cancellation of the appointment at short notice), the refusal of the child/adolescent himself, or lack of interest of the parents...
- [The German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS): data management]R Dolle
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:567-72. 2007..All these measures combined made it possible to provide data users with a controlled and cleaned final data set, including a detailed documentation...
- [Sociodemographic characteristics in the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS) - operationalisation and public health significance, taking as an example the assessment of general state of health]M Lange
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:578-89. 2007..Furthermore, we illustrate the public health relevance of the observed group differences using the example of an important health indicator: parents' evaluation of their children's general state of health...
- Pediatric workforce: a look at adolescent medicine data from the American Board of PediatricsLinda A Althouse
American Board of Pediatrics, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Pediatr 150:100-102.e2. 2007
- [Children and adolescents in Germany with a migration background. Methodical aspects in the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS)]L Schenk
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:590-9. 2007..Thus, KiGGS will contribute to filling some of the current gaps in our knowledge of migrant children's health...
- Transition from paediatric to adult service in epidermolysis bullosaLesley Foster
Great Ormond St Children s Hospital, London
Br J Nurs 16:244-6. 2007..The article concludes by recognizing that the young adult and specialist teams need to work together to continue the transition process for future generations...
- T-lymphocyte subsets in HIV-infected and high-risk HIV-uninfected adolescents: retention of naive T lymphocytes in HIV-infected adolescents. The Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research NetworkS D Douglas
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 19104 4318, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 154:375-80. 2000..The capacity of the immune system of adolescents to generate and repopulate naive and memory cell populations under conditions of normal homeostasis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is largely unknown...
- TH1 and TH2 cytokine mRNA and protein levels in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive and HIV-seronegative youthsSteven D Douglas
Division of Allergy Immunology, Joseph Stokes, Jr Research Institute, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:399-404. 2003..subjects participating in the REACH (Reaching for Excellence in Adolescent Care and Health) Project of the Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network contributed blood samples...
- Changes in reporting of race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, and age over 10 yearsDenise Brahan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Pediatrics 115:e163-6. 2005..The recognition of health disparities as an important aspect of US health care has led to renewed interest in the reporting of race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status (SES) in original research reports...
- The right of minors to confidentiality and informed consentPedro Weisleder
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Child Neurol 19:145-8. 2004Doctor-patient confidentiality is a precept of adolescent medicine. In general, physicians honor the privacy of adolescents unless there is evidence that the youngster is engaging in dangerous activities...
- Need for services in a new urban teenage clinic for menD A Levine
Morehouse School of Medicine, Hughes Spalding Children s Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 92:42-5. 2000There has been excellent research in adolescent medicine in the last few years, research that is beginning to document the effectiveness of programs that can reduce high-risk behaviors...
- HIV/STD risk reduction interventions for African American and Latino adolescent girls at an adolescent medicine clinic: a randomized controlled trialJohn B Jemmott
Annenberg School for Communication and School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:440-9. 2005..Adolescent girls in the United States and around the world are at a heightened risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Chlamydia screening and management practices of primary care physicians and nurse practitioners in CaliforniaSarah L Guerry
California Department of Health Services STD Control Branch, Oakland, California, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:1102-7. 2005..Because sexually transmitted chlamydial infections are common among young women, it is critical that providers screen and manage these infections appropriately...
- The developmental association of relationship quality, hormonal contraceptive choice and condom non-use among adolescent womenM Aaron Sayegh
Organizational Wellness and Learning Systems, Fort Worth, Texas 76109, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:388-95. 2006..The purpose of this research is to assess changes in condom non-use longitudinally in the context of changes in relationship quality, coital frequency and hormonal contraceptive choice...
- Clinical and metabolic findings in adolescent females with hyperandrogenismJill Huppert
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:103-8. 2004..We further investigated these characteristics by race, weight, and type of androgen abnormality...
- Training pediatric residents and pediatricians about adolescent mental health problems: a proof-of-concept pilot for a proposed national curriculumLawrence Kutner
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Acad Psychiatry 32:429-37. 2008..This article presents a DVD-based educational program intended to help pediatric residents and practicing pediatricians recognize and respond to adolescent depression in busy primary care settings...
- Time from first intercourse to first sexually transmitted infection diagnosis among adolescent womenWanzhu Tu
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:1106-11. 2009..To determine the time between first intercourse and first sexually transmitted infection (STI) with Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, or Trichomonas vaginalis and time between repeated infections...
- Adolescent pregnancy intentions and pregnancy outcomes: a longitudinal examinationCynthia Rosengard
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:453-61. 2004....
- [Adolescent confronting cancer and its place in the family]Aurélie Chavand
INSERM U558, Faculte de Medecine, 37, allées Jules Guesde, 31073 Toulouse Cedex
Bull Cancer 94:363-70. 2007b>Adolescent medicine is expanding in Europe with particular attention being given to cancer of adolescents and its treatment...
- Challenges to conducting HIV preventative vaccine trials with adolescentsCori A McClure
Vanderbilt University Department of Pediatrics, Nashville, TN, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:726-33. 2004..vaccine research for adolescents and HIV infection in adolescents and speaking with experts in HIV/AIDS and adolescent medicine. Adolescents (typically those younger than 18 years of age) are minors and fall under ethical and ..
- Relationship of CD4+ T cell counts and HIV type 1 viral loads in untreated, infected adolescents. Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research NetworkC A Holland
Center for Virology Immunology and Infectious Disease Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 16:959-63. 2000The REACH Project (Reaching for Excellence in Adolescent Care and Health) of the Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network was designed as a study of an adolescent cohort composed of HIV-1-infected and -uninfected subjects...
- Approaching the adolescent-headed family: a review of teen parentingLee A Savio Beers
Healthy Generations Program, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 39:216-33. 2009..adolescent pregnancy and childbearing issues a frequently encountered occurrence by pediatricians and adolescent medicine health care providers...
- Dietary supplement use by adolescentsCresio Alves
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Hospital Universitario Professor Edgard Santos, Salvador, BA, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 85:287-94. 2009..To review the use, benefits and adverse effects of the main dietary supplements consumed by adolescents...
- Randomized trial to determine safety and immunogenicity of two strategies for hepatitis B vaccination in healthy urban adolescents in the United StatesColeen K Cunningham
Department of Pediatrics, Duke, Durham, NC, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:530-4. 2010..Multiple studies have shown excellent response rates after hepatitis B immunization in youth; however, one previous study conducted in urban youth demonstrated poor responses...
- Streptococcal pharyngitis: impact of a high-sensitivity antigen test on physician outcomeC A Needham
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:3468-73. 1998..center; one clinic, a walk-in clinic (WIC), primarily saw adult patients, and one clinic, a pediatric and adolescent medicine clinic (PED), primarily saw pediatric patients...
- Chronic constipation, atypical eating pattern, weight loss, and anxiety in a 19-year old youthMargaret M Richards
Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 31:S83-5. 2010..b>Adolescent medicine, nutrition, and gastroenterology specialists were consulted...
- Differences in hymenal morphology between adolescent girls with and without a history of consensual sexual intercourseJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:280-5. 2004..To compare the morphology of the hymen in adolescent girls who have and have not had sexual intercourse involving penile-vaginal penetration...
- Interest of adolescents in genetic testing for nicotine addiction susceptibilityKenneth P Tercyak
Cancer Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3300 Whitehaven Street, NW, Suite 4100, Washington, DC 20007 2401, USA
Prev Med 42:60-5. 2006..This paper examines adolescents' interest in, and reasons behind interest in, such testing and correlates of interest...
- Improving health outcomes for youth living with the human immunodeficiency virus: a multisite randomized trial of a motivational intervention targeting multiple risk behaviorsSylvie Naar-King
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:1092-8. 2009..To determine if Healthy Choices, a motivational interviewing intervention targeting multiple risk behaviors, improved human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) viral load...
- Factors predicting the acceptance of herpes simplex virus type 2 antibody testing among adolescents and young adultsGregory D Zimet
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Sex Transm Dis 31:665-9. 2004..The rates and determinants of acceptance of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) testing have not been adequately studied...
- Differences between adolescents and young adults at presentation to an eating disorders programM Fisher
Division of Adolescent Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Adolesc Health 28:222-7. 2001..To describe differences between adolescents and adults in clinical presentation of eating disorders...
- The perception of adolescent medicine among health care professionals in Saudi ArabiaAbdulkarim S Al-Makadma
Adolescent Medicine and General Pediatrics, Pediatrics Department, King Fahad Medical City, Saudi Arabia
J Adolesc Health 47:608-9. 2010..Three-quarters of the respondents were aware that a special division was dedicated to adolescent medicine. Thirty-seven percent recognized adolescent medicine as a pediatric subspecialty and 81% agreed that ..
- Taking a systemic perspective on cognitive assessments and reports: reflections of a paediatric and adolescent psychology serviceAngela Griffin
University College London Hospitals, UK
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 13:209-19. 2008..We highlight the difficulties we have had with specific aspects of this process in a paediatric and adolescent medicine psychology service, and discuss the approaches we have taken in the light of feedback from children, young ..
- Evaluating active duty risk-taking: military home, education, activity, drugs, sex, suicide, and safety methodJeffrey W Hutchinson
Adolescent Medicine Department, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Mil Med 173:1164-7. 2008Psychosocial screening tools are routinely used by adolescent medicine providers to evaluate risk-taking behaviors and resiliency. A large number of U.S...
- Emergency contraception: an intervention on primary care providersCynthia H Chuang
Division of General Internal Medicine, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Contraception 72:182-6. 2005..We studied whether a single educational intervention can change provider knowledge, attitudes and practice patterns with respect to emergency contraception (EC)...
- A collaborative evaluation of a needle exchange program for youthR L Weiker
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90054 0700, USA
Health Educ Behav 26:213-24. 1999..This article describes a collaborative evaluation conducted by the Division of Adolescent Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, and Clean Needles Now, a needle exchange serving young injection drug ..
- Agency, duties and the "Ashley treatment"N Tan
Centre for Social Ethics and Policy, School of Law, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Med Ethics 35:658-61. 2009In 2006, a paper in the journal Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine described a novel case of growth attenuation therapy and other treatments carried out on Ashley, a severely cognitively, neurologically and physically disabled ..
- Adolescents' attitudes and experiences regarding levonorgestrel 100 mcg/ethinyl estradiol 20 mcgS L Rosenthal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:301-5. 2002..The purpose of the current study was to describe anticipated parental involvement and adolescent compliance with pill taking, and to describe experiences with a 20-mcg OC regarding satisfaction and side effects after six cycles...
- [Pediatrics]S Fanconi
Service de Pediatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 5:53-8. 2009This year we present three papers on recent advances in paediatrics from the fields of neonatology, adolescent medicine and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. 1...
- Teenagers and cosmetic surgery: focus on breast augmentation and liposuctionDiana Zuckerman
National Research Center for Women and Families, Washington, DC, USA
J Adolesc Health 43:318-24. 2008..b>Adolescent medicine providers need to be involved in improving informed decision making for these procedures, aware of the ..
- Brain Activation responses in adolescents with genetic predisposition to obesitySusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2011..Collaborators Dr. Brad Peterson (CUMC fMRI research) and Dr. Karen Soren (CUMC Adolescent Medicine) will facilitate use of these services...
- Neurobehavioral Correlates of Familial/genetic obesity risk in adolescentsSusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collaborators Dr. Brad Peterson (CUMC fMRI research) and Dr. Karen Soren (CUMC Adolescent Medicine) will facilitate use of these services...
- NICHD INTERNATIONAL & DOMESTIC PEDIATRIC &MATERNAL HIV STUDIES COORDINATING CTRCAROL NESEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NICHD Network expanded to include sites with more expertise in obstetrics/gynecology and adolescent medicine, as well as international trial sites in Latin America...
- Novel Risk Factors for Vertebral Fractures in Health and Chronic Kidney DiseaseJulie Paik; Fiscal Year: 2013..senior clinical research investigator in metabolic bone disease, and Chief of the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Hasbro Children's Hospital;Harold Rosen, MD, an endocrinologist with clinical expertise in ..
- Shared Decision Making In Pediatric Chronic Conditions: Biologics in IBD and JIAEllen A Lipstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Professor of Pediatrics in the Center for Innovation in Chronic Disease Care within the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center...
- Stress, Neurodevelopment and the Emergence of Addictive Behaviors in AdolescenceHILARY PATRICIA BLUMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nicholls, Nolen-Hoeksema, Ryan, Wang and other consortium collaborators to integrate perspectives including Adolescent Medicine, Neurobiology, Neuroimaging, Neuropsychology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Psychology and Women's Health...
- Training in Sexually Transmitted Diseases Including HIVStanley M Spinola; Fiscal Year: 2013..MD candidates may be Infectious Disease Fellows, Adolescent Medicine Fellows or Dermatologists who have completed residency training...
- Heathy Bodies, Healthy Minds: Helping Adolescents with PCOSDana L Rofey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Within the infrastructure of the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Center and The Adolescent Medicine Clinic, the proposed research will include 126, 11-21.-year-old adolescents with PCOS...
- Development of novel immunotherapy for influenza virus infectionKazue Takahashi; Fiscal Year: 2011..the Department of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine and the Department of Paediatrics &Adolescent Medicine and Microbiology at The University of Hong Kong and The Department of Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess ..
- Physician Attitudes toward New Biomedical HIV Prevention Interventions in YouthTanya L Kowalczyk Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2013..She holds current R01 funding and is an ac- tive investigator and leader in the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions. Dr...
- Adolescent Vaccination in the Medical HomePeter G Szilagyi; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study will provide critical information for pediatrics, adolescent medicine, and public health regarding practical strategies for vaccinating adolescents, the cost of these strategies,..
- HPV vaccine practices among Physicians Serving High Risk, Minority PopulationsAbraham Aragones; Fiscal Year: 2010..A cross-sectional study will be utilized, and will include a random sample of pediatricians, adolescent medicine physicians and family practitioners that serve Brooklyn areas with high rates of cervical cancer...
- Sexual Behaviors in Young African American Men Who Have Sex with MenRENATA A SANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate is an adolescent medicine physician with training in epidemiology...
- Adolescent Trials Network for HIV/AIDS InterventionsLigia Peralta; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application details the current clinical and research capacity of the Adolescent Medicine Trial Unit (AMTU) at the University of Maryland to conduct research protocols related to the primary, ..
- Johns Hopkins Training Program in STI'sJonathan M Ellen; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, the disciplines required to effectively study STI interventions include: infectious diseases, adolescent medicine, behavioral sciences, laboratory medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, as well as substantial interest and ..
- SBIRT Implementation for Adolescents in Urban Federally Qualified Health CentersShannon Gwin Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a multi-site, cluster randomized trial to compare two principal strategies of SBIRT delivery within adolescent medicine. In the Generalist Strategy, the primary care provider delivers brief intervention (BI) fo substance misuse...
- Institutional Training for PediatriciansGeorge J Dover; Fiscal Year: 2012..in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neonatology and Adolescent Medicine. Five of our trainees have now completed their training and have joined our faculty...
- Pathophysiology of OSAS in Obese Children 8-17 Years OldRaanan Arens; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our team of pediatric researchers with expertise in sleep, pulmonology, public health, nutrition, and adolescent medicine, coupled with experts in the field of epidemiology and biostatistics, MRI, and biomechanics will study the ..
- Mapped and perceived context of adolescent health riskSARAH ELIZABETH WIEHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will accomplish these with guidance of mentors from adolescent medicine, biostatistics, geography, and sociology;practical knowledge obtained through coursework and directed ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS InterventionsMARVIN E BELZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the early 1980's, the Division of Adolescent Medicine at CHLA has focused on reducing risks for young people through innovative models of service, research and ..
- University of Puerto Rico Clinical Trials UnitCarmen D Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expertise for vaccine trials, adolescent medicine, special populations, women (pregnant and non-pregnant) and minority issues just to mention a few, can be ..
- University of Puerto Rico Clinical Trials UnitCarmen D Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2011..The expertise for vaccine trials, adolescent medicine, special populations, women (pregnant and non-pregnant) and minority issues just to mention a few, can be ..
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results from this study will be related to the prevention and education of pre-cancer and cancer lesions in adolescents infected with HIV. ..
- University of Miami Pediatric Perinatal HIV/AIDS Clinical Trails UnitGWENDOLYN BARBARA SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Chares Mitchell as the Site Leader. This is a collaboration between Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Adolescent Medicine to provide access to clinical trials for HIV infected pregnant women, infants, children and youth...
- Johns Hopkins Adolescent Medicine Trials UnitAllison L Agwu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Center in collaboration with its Center for Child and Community Health Research (CCHR) and the Adolescent Medicine Program is applying to be an Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (AMTU) in the Adolescent Medicine Trials ..
- University of Miami Pediatric Perinatal HIV/AIDS Clinical Trails UnitGWENDOLYN BARBARA SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2011..Chares Mitchell as the Site Leader. This is a collaboration between Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Adolescent Medicine to provide access to clinical trials for HIV infected pregnant women, infants, children and youth...
- Baylor College of Medicine Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit Mary E Paul; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is applying for an Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (ATU) in response to NIH RFA-HD-10-015 Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions...
- Stroger/CORE Chicago Adolescent Trials Unit (ATU)JAIME NMI MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Department of Pediatrics at Stroger Hospital (JSH) and has a comprehensive health care clinic, the Adolescent Medicine Program at CORE (AMaC), housed at the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center...
- Academic Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence PreventionBeverly Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2013..provide training for junior youth violence prevention researchers in behavioral science, public health, and adolescent medicine, 4) provide training to medical practitioners to recognize and treat youth violence, and 5) embed ..
- St. Jude-Memphis Adolescent Trials UnitAditya H Gaur; Fiscal Year: 2013..require a collaborative effort between clinical research sites with multidisciplinary staff experienced in adolescent medicine, and community organizations such as local health departments, youth service providers, HIV community based ..
- A San Francisco Street Youth Cohort: At Risk and HIV+ANNA BARBARA NONE MOSCICKI; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for the re-competition of the Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit in San Francisco, a collaboration between the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and Larkin Street ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials UnitDonna Futterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..AAP) at Montefiore Medical Center, Einstein College of Medicine, in the Bronx, NY is re-competing to be an Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit to implement clinical and behavioral Studies in the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/..
- Adolescent Health Training ProgramMaria E Trent; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of the program is to provide training in reproductive health research to post-doctoral Adolescent Medicine physicians...
- The Developmental and Relationship Contexts of Sexual Abstinence Among AdolescentMary A Ott; Fiscal Year: 2010..The candidate is a pediatrician and adolescent medicine specialist at Indiana University with fellowship training in behavioral research...
- Tampa Bay Adolescent Medicine Trial UnitPatricia J Emmanuel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The unit proactively works to reduce the incidence of HIV in these populations and improve the quality of life for those already infected. ..
- Enhancing Youth Violence Prevention in Urban CommunitiesTINA LEE CHENG; Fiscal Year: 2011..at the Bloomberg School of Public Health;and 3) Training and mentorship of general pediatrics and adolescent medicine residents, fellows, and junior faculty in patient-oriented research generally and violence prevention ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit for HIV/AIDS Interventi*IRMA LUZ FEBO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The UPR ATU's strong community component allows us to identify adolescents at risk or infected with HIV, bring them to care, and offer them access to clinical trials, thus contributing to the ATN research agenda. ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (AMTU) Network for HIV/*JOHN BARRINGER STEEVER; Fiscal Year: 2010The long-term objective of this proposal is to sustain the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network (ATN) under a cooperative agreement...
- The PATH Youth Program: HIV/AIDS Interventions in Adole*Robert Garofalo; Fiscal Year: 2010..PATH is uniquely positioned to contribute to the scientific agenda of the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network (ATN)...
- Adolescent Medical Trials UnitAna M Puga; Fiscal Year: 2010The primary goal of the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network throughout the United States is to conduct research in HIV infected and HIV at risk adolescents, 12 to 24 years of age, in order to intervene through the development of studies ..
- COOPERATIVE PERINATAL STUDIES AND INTERVENTIONSSIVA SUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The GUMC team offers scientific expertise in perinatal health, adolescent medicine, child development, health risk behavior, injury prevention and public health interventions...
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN) - DOCJames J Korelitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): The specific aim of the applicant is to serve as the Data and Operations Center (DOC) for the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Intervention (ATN)...
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Intervention (ATN)-site 12LAWRENCE BRIAN FRIEDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN) functions as a cooperative collaborative research entity to conduct behavioral, therapeutic, and community-based translational ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Intervention (ATN)ELIZABETH ANN SECORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to do this by conducting interdisciplinary clinical trials in a newly established Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (ATU) in the only pediatric and adolescent HIV clinics In Detroit, Ml, the U.S...
- Adolescent Trials Unit at The Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaSTEVEN DANIEL DOUGLAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Trial Unit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) seeks to continue their work in the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions...
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN)LAWRENCE JAMES D'ANGELO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, it will try to find ways to restore the health of youth who have become very ill as a result of this infection. ..
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKLisa Henry Reid; Fiscal Year: 2000..network led by the Cook County HIV Primary Care Center, its Women and Children HIV Program, its Division of Adolescent Medicine and our off-site clinics...
- NEW ORLEANS ADOLESCENT MEDICINE TRIALS UNITSue Ellen Abdalian; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The New Orleans Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (ATU) plans to continue its work carrying out the clinical trials planned and supported by the Adolescent Trials Network (ATN), in an efficient and ..
- Fenway Adolescent Trials UnitKenneth H Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application demonstrates the capacity of Boston Adolescent Trials Unit to contribute to the Adolescent Medicine Trials Network (ATN) in the area of HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention interventions...
- BRCA1/2 Education for Mothers and Their Teen DaughtersBETH PESHKIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..An advisory panel of experts drawn from medical oncology, pediatrics and adolescent medicine, behavioral science/psychology, and genetic counseling as well as consumers will also be convened to ..
- ATN Coordinating CenterCraig M Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN) was formed in response to the needs of the unabated domestic HIV epidemic in youth...
- MENTAL HEALTH AND BEHAVIOR IN ADOLESCENT STD PREVENTIONLydia Shrier; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Applicant's Abstract): Lydia A. Shrier, M.D., M.P.H., is an Adolescent Medicine specialist committed to a career in patient-oriented clinical research...
- COOPERATIVE PERINATAL STUDIES AND INTERVENTIONSKOLINJAVADI SIVASUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Research expertise includes: adolescent medicine, behavioral science, child development, clinical economics, emergency medicine, epidemiology, family ..
- Northern California Pediatrics AIDS Treatment CenterDiane Wara; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since 1998, LSYC, the UCSF Division of Adolescent Medicine, and the UCSF Pediatric AIDS program have collaborated in a Title IV funded center for the care of HIV + ..
- Predictors of Smoking Among Adolescents and Young AdultsLorena Siqueira; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr. Siqueira is an experienced pediatrician with subspecialty boards in Adolescent Medicine. Her immediate objectives are to enhance her understanding of epidemiological research design and ..
- VIDEO INTERVENTION/PREVENTION ASSESSMENT-TRANSITIONSMichael Rich; Fiscal Year: 2004Michael Rich, MD, MPJ, is an Adolescent Medicine physician with special clinical expertise and research interest in chronic diseases...
- Miami Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials UnitGwendolyn Scott; Fiscal Year: 2006..Perinatal/Pediatric Research Network of investigators from the Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Adolescent Medicine and Obstetrics, proposes to contribute significantly to the scientific agenda of the PACTG...
- THE BOSTON HAPPENS ADOLESCENT MEDICINE TRIALS UNITCathryn Samples; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Boston HAPPENS' (Boston HIV Provider and Peer Education Network for services) Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (AMTU) has been developed to provide access to clinical trials and research for young people 12-..
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKDonald Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2000..The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in applying to be a member of the National Institutes of Health's Adolescent Medicine (HIV/AIDS Research Network are seeking to accomplish the following goals and objectives: A...
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKMARSHA STURDEVANT; Fiscal Year: 2000..infected children, youth, and families, and the Adolescent Health Center to establish a Clinical Site for Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research. This site will be housed at the Family Clinic of the Children's Hospital of Alabama...
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKPatricia Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2000..St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (SJCRH) is an ideal site for a clinical science center in the adolescent medicine HIV/AIDS research network...
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE HIV/AIDS RESEARCH NETWORKDonna Futterman; Fiscal Year: 2001..College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York, is applying to be a member of the clinical Science Group of the Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network...
- HOMELESS YOUTH: STREET CULTURE/SOCIAL NETWORKS/HIV-RISKColette Auerswald; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant is a pediatrician and specialist in adolescent medicine who has expertise in the ethnographic study of marginalized youths and experience in quantitative ..
- Developing an in vivo adherence intervention for adolescents with asthmaMichael Seid; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will recruit participants from an academic adolescent medicine clinic serving a largely poor, urban, African-American population...