Genomes and Genes
erbb 1 genes
Summary: The proto-oncogene c-erbB-1 codes for the epidermal growth factor receptor. Its name originates from the viral homolog v-erbB which was isolated from an avian erythroblastosis virus (AEV) where it was contained as a fragment of the chicken c-ErbB-1 gene lacking the amino-terminal ligand-binding domain. Overexpression of erbB-1 genes occurs in a wide range of tumors, commonly squamous carcinomas of various sites and less commonly adenocarcinomas. The human c-erbB-1 gene is located in the chromosomal region 7p14 and 7p12.
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations and response to chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerKyung Hun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 110 744, South Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:344-50. 2006..We retrospectively analyzed the associations between response to chemotherapy and molecular markers associated with gefitinib responsiveness including EGFR mutations...
- EGFR mutations in lung adenocarcinomas: clinical testing experience and relationship to EGFR gene copy number and immunohistochemical expressionAllan R Li
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:242-8. 2008..Thus, these results indicate that EGFR amplification, preferentially of the mutant allele, often accompanies EGFR mutation, whereas EGFR immunohistochemical staining associates with amplification but cannot predict EGFR mutation status...
- EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapyJ Guillermo Paez
Departments of Medical Oncology and Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 304:1497-500. 2004..These results suggest that EGFR mutations may predict sensitivity to gefitinib...
- Activating mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor underlying responsiveness of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinibThomas J Lynch
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2129-39. 2004..However, about 10 percent of patients have a rapid and often dramatic clinical response. The molecular mechanisms underlying sensitivity to gefitinib are unknown...
- Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in lung cancer: biological and clinical implicationsTakayuki Kosaka
Departments of Thoracic Surgery and Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 64:8919-23. 2004..EGFR mutations define a distinct subset of pulmonary adenocarcinoma without KRAS mutations, which is not caused by tobacco carcinogens...
- Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancersHisayuki Shigematsu
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:339-46. 2005..However, the role of such mutations in the pathogenesis of lung cancers is unclear...
- Molecular determinants of the response of glioblastomas to EGFR kinase inhibitorsIngo K Mellinghoff
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology and Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles 90095 1732, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2012-24. 2005..The mechanism of responsiveness of glioblastomas to these inhibitors is unknown...
- Genetic alterations of phosphoinositide 3-kinase subunit genes in human glioblastomasMasahiro Mizoguchi
Molecular Neuro oncology Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Brain Pathol 14:372-7. 2004..These results suggest that genetic alterations of class IA PI3K subunit genes can occasionally play a role in human glioblastoma by activating the PI3K-AKT signaling pathway independently of PTEN mutation...
- Investigation of ErbB1 and ErbB2 expression for therapeutic targeting in primary liver tumoursA Altimari
Pathology Unit of the F Addarii Institute of Oncology, Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Bologna, Viale Ercolani 412, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:332-8. 2003..Molecular targets are needed for primary liver tumours...
- An epidermal growth factor receptor intron 1 polymorphism mediates response to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitorsMaria L Amador
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Cancer Res 64:9139-43. 2004....
- Effects of HER2 overexpression on cell signaling networks governing proliferation and migrationAlejandro Wolf-Yadlin
Biological Engineering Division, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA
Mol Syst Biol 2:54. 2006..Combining these modeling approaches enabled association of epidermal growth factor receptor family dimerization to activation of specific phosphorylation sites, which appear to most critically regulate proliferation and/or migration...
- Mutations and addiction to EGFR: the Achilles 'heal' of lung cancers?Adi F Gazdar
Hamon Centre for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Trends Mol Med 10:481-6. 2004..Cancer cells with mutant EGFR genes might become physiologically dependent on the continued activity of the gene for the maintenance of their malignant phenotype; however, this might also be a target for therapy...
- Biological and clinical implications of EGFR mutations in lung cancerTetsuya Mitsudomi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, 464 8681, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 11:190-8. 2006..These populations precisely coincide with those populations with higher response rates to TKIs. We and others subsequently confirmed and extended these findings...
- Allelic length of a CA dinucleotide repeat in the egfr gene correlates with the frequency of amplifications of this sequence--first results of an inter-ethnic breast cancer studyHorst Buerger
Institute of Pathology, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48139 Münster, Germany
J Pathol 203:545-50. 2004..This new knowledge about mechanisms of regulation of EGFR expression might serve as an additional basis for evaluating anti-EGFR-based therapies...
- Somatic mutations of EGFR in colorectal cancers and glioblastomasThomas D Barber
N Engl J Med 351:2883. 2004
- Somatic mutations of the HER2 kinase domain in lung adenocarcinomasHisayuki Shigematsu
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8593, USA
Cancer Res 65:1642-6. 2005..EGFR, HER2, and KRAS mutations are mutually exclusive, suggesting different pathways to lung cancer in smokers and never smokers...
- Identification of a second egfr gene in Xiphophorus uncovers an expansion of the epidermal growth factor receptor family in fishAna Gomez
Physiological Chemistry I, Theodor Boveri Institute for Biosciences Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 21:266-75. 2004..The mechanism of maintenance of these duplicates remains to be clarified...
- Mutational and epigenetic evidence for independent pathways for lung adenocarcinomas arising in smokers and never smokersShinichi Toyooka
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Res 66:1371-5. 2006..Our results indicate the differences in the evolvement of epigenetic alterations between the EGFR- and K-RAS-mediated tumorigenesis and suggest the specific interaction of genetic and epigenetic changes in tumorigenesis of lung cancer...
- Exclusive mutation in epidermal growth factor receptor gene, HER-2, and KRAS, and synchronous methylation of nonsmall cell lung cancerMakoto Suzuki
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 106:2200-7. 2006..Both genetic and epigenetic changes in nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) are known to be a common event...
- Candidate genes colocalized to linkage regions in inflammatory bowel diseaseK Martin
Medizinische Klinik, Standort Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Deutschland
Digestion 66:121-6. 2002..An association study of these gene polymorphisms with ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease and a stratification according to disease phenotypes was performed in order to identify genetically homogenous subgroups...
- Multiple oncogenic changes (K-RAS(V12), p53 knockdown, mutant EGFRs, p16 bypass, telomerase) are not sufficient to confer a full malignant phenotype on human bronchial epithelial cellsMitsuo Sato
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 8593, USA
Cancer Res 66:2116-28. 2006....
- Cancer. A bull's eye for targeted lung cancer therapyJohn D Minna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 304:1458-61. 2004
- EGFR gene and protein expression in breast cancersK Park
Department of Pathology, Inje University Sanggye Paik Hospital, 761 1 Sanggye Dong, Nowon Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:956-60. 2007..To measure the EGFR gene amplification and protein expression, and to compare the EGFR expression with HER2 expression similarly measured...
- Computed tomography-guided core-needle biopsy specimens demonstrate epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerC M Chen
Department of Imaging and Intervention, and Department of Hematology and Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Acta Radiol 49:991-4. 2008..Target therapy with a new class of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors shows improved clinical response in EGFR gene-mutated lung cancers...
- Tumor dependence on the EGFR signaling pathway expressed by the p-EGFR:p-AKT ratio predicts erlotinib sensitivity in human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells expressing wild-type EGFR geneTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:643-7. 2008....
- Anti-HER therapeutic agents in the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancerPaweł Krawczyk
Pulmonary Department, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 58:113-7. 2003..Phase III Tarceva clinical trail in NSCLC patients showed that their survival is prolonged and that the medication acts together with other chemotherapeutic agents like cisplatin and gemcitabine...
- Specific EGFR mutations predict treatment outcome of stage IIIB/IV patients with chemotherapy-naive non-small-cell lung cancer receiving first-line gefitinib monotherapyChih Hsin Yang
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Oncol 26:2745-53. 2008..To explore predictive factors for time to treatment failure (TTF) in chemotherapy-naive non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients receiving gefitinib treatment...
- [Molecular targeted therapy--non-small-cell lung cancer and gefitinib]Junichi Shimizu
Dept of Thoracic Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Central Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:1879-85. 2005....
- Relevance of epidermal growth factor receptor genomic gain in predicting clinical response to kinase inhibitors in non-small-cell lung cancerG Kesava Reddy
Clin Lung Cancer 7:163-5. 2005
- Mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor gene and effects of EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors on lung cancersTakayuki Fukui
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 0021, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:97-103. 2008..Based on this concept, Phase III clinical trials comparing gefitinib monotherapy with standard platinum-based chemotherapy are currently ongoing for patients with EGFR mutations and lung cancer...
- Predicting response of molecular targeted therapies: a still possible challenge?R Labianca
Ann Oncol 19:829-30. 2008
- EGFR tyrosine kinase domain mutations are detected in histologically normal respiratory epithelium in lung cancer patientsXiming Tang
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Res 65:7568-72. 2005..Our findings indicate that mutation of the tyrosine kinase domain of EGFR is an early event in the pathogenesis of lung adenocarcinomas, and suggest EGFR mutations as an early detection marker and chemoprevention target...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in patients with non-small cell lung cancerBruce E Johnson
Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 65:7525-9. 2005....
- Genetic heterogeneity of the epidermal growth factor receptor in non-small cell lung cancer cell lines revealed by a rapid and sensitive detection system, the peptide nucleic acid-locked nucleic acid PCR clampYoshiaki Nagai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
Cancer Res 65:7276-82. 2005..Genetic heterogeneity of EGFR suggests that the EGFR gene is unstable in established cancers and the heterogeneity may explain variable clinical responses of lung cancers to gefitinib...
- Role of KRAS and EGFR as biomarkers of response to erlotinib in National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group Study BR.21Chang Qi Zhu
FRCPC, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
J Clin Oncol 26:4268-75. 2008..To evaluate the effect of KRAS and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genotype on the response to erlotinib treatment in the BR.21, placebo-controlled trial...
- An alternative inhibitor overcomes resistance caused by a mutation of the epidermal growth factor receptorSusumu Kobayashi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School
Cancer Res 65:7096-101. 2005..These data also support the notion that clinical investigations of compounds similar to CL-387,785 may be useful as a treatment strategy for patients with resistance to EGFR inhibitor therapy caused by the T790M mutation...
- Effect of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations on the response to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors: target-based populations for target-based drugsEmiliano Calvo
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center and University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 6:S35-42. 2004..The result should be more efficient and scientifically founded clinical development strategies for rationally designed target-based therapeutic agents...
- Gemcitabine combined with gefitinib in patients with inoperable or metastatic pancreatic cancer: a phase II Study of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group with biomarker evaluationGeorge Fountzilas
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Cancer Invest 26:784-93. 2008..The 6-month progression-free survival (PFS) was 30%. Median PFS was 4.1 months and median survival 7.3 months with a 1 year survival rate of 27%. The above combination demonstrated promising activity in advanced pancreatic cancer...
- [Tumor response to gefitinib (IRESSA) in pulmonary adenocarcinoma: toward a molecular basis for therapeutic targetting]J Madelaine
Rev Mal Respir 21:881-5. 2004
- A molecular chink in the lung cancer armourK M Fong
Respirology 9:426-7. 2004
- First-generation epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in EGFR mutation: positive non-small cell lung cancer patientsLecia V Sequist
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:S143-5. 2008..This review summarizes the data describing the use of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors in a genotype-directed population of NSCLC patients with EGFR mutations and discusses areas that require further study...
- Are there any ethnic differences in molecular predictors of erlotinib efficacy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer?Myung Ju Ahn
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine
Clin Cancer Res 14:3860-6. 2008..This study investigated possible molecular predictors of outcome in Korean patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer treated with erlotinib...
- [Mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor and targeted therapy of non-small-cell lung cancer]Ren Sheng Lai
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:745-6. 2005
- High tumour islet macrophage infiltration correlates with improved patient survival but not with EGFR mutations, gene copy number or protein expression in resected non-small cell lung cancerD W Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Br J Cancer 98:1118-24. 2008..In conclusion, tumour islet macrophage infiltration was identified as a strong favourable independent prognostic marker for survival but not correlated with the molecular changes of the EGFR in patients with resected NSCLC...
- Race, gender and mutations in the prediction of anti-EGFR activityAntonio Jimeno
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University, Drug Development Program, Oncology Department, The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Room 162A, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Future Oncol 1:201-4. 2005..Evaluation of: Kosaka T, Yatabe Y, Endoh H, Kuwano H, Takahashi T, Mitsudomi T: Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in lung cancer: biological and clinical implications. Cancer Res. 64(24), 8919-8923 (2004)...
- [A case of pulmonary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy associated with primary lung cancer in a young adult successfully treated with gefitinib]Hisao Imai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The National Hospital Organization Nishi gunma Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 45:189-93. 2007..After starting gefitinib and discontinuing the NSAID, She had kept a remission of rational symptom with cytoreductive effect. The abnormal findings of bone scintigrams subsequently disappeared and the patient's serum ICTP dropped...
- Spontaneous activation and signaling by overexpressed epidermal growth factor receptors in glioblastoma cellsChristopher Y Thomas
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Mayo Medical School, Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Int J Cancer 104:19-27. 2003..The results also suggest that in some GBMs, signals from overexpressed EGFRs contribute to the constitutive phosphorylation of Erk, but these signals may not required for the constitutive activation of PI3K or AKT1...
- Gefitinib for non-small-cell lung cancer patients with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations screened by peptide nucleic acid-locked nucleic acid PCR clampA Sutani
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Saitama Medical University, Iruma gun, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Br J Cancer 95:1483-9. 2006..0135). A Cox proportional hazards model indicated that negative EGFR mutation was a secondary prognostic factor (hazards ratio: 2.259, P = 0.036). This research showed the need for screening for EGFR mutations in NSCLC patients...
- Somatic mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor and non-small-cell lung cancerXiaozhu Zhang
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Johns Hopkins Singapore, 31 Biopolis Way, 02 01, The Nanos, Singapore 138669, Singapore
J Med Genet 44:166-72. 2007..This brief review summarises the discovery and functional consequences of the mutations, their clinicopathological features and significant implications in the treatment and prognosis of NSCLC...
- Molecular signatures of lung cancer--toward personalized therapyRoy S Herbst
N Engl J Med 356:76-8. 2007
- Managing dermatologic toxicities of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitorsLillian S Chou
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 8:S15-22. 2006..D. Anderson Cancer Center have been positive, and there is universal agreement that initiation of more prospective trials to evaluate EGFR-inhibitor rash management is needed...
- [Gefitinib and epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutation]Takayuki Fukui
Dept of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:1168-72. 2007..Based on this concept, phaseIII clinical trials comparing gefitinib monotherapy with standard platinum-based chemotherapy in lung cancer patients with EGFR mutations are ongoing...
- Polymorphisms, mutations, and amplification of the EGFR gene in non-small cell lung cancersMasaharu Nomura
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e125. 2007..The objective of this study was to examine distributions of these three polymorphisms and their relationships to each other and to EGFR gene mutations and allelic imbalance (AI) in non-small cell lung cancers...
- Prevalence of mutation in the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in Chinese patients with non-small cell lung cancerB Jiang
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 18:635. 2006
- Non-small-cell lung cancers with kinase domain mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor are sensitive to ionizing radiationAmit K Das
Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2201 Inwood Road, NC 7 208, Mail Code 9187, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cancer Res 66:9601-8. 2006....
- Epidermal growth factor receptor gene amplification and gefitinib sensitivity in patients with recurrent lung cancerHidefumi Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:569-77. 2008..The EGFR mutation status, especially exon19 mutation was correlated with good response to gefitinib than exon 21 point mutation...
- Erlotinib in non-small cell lung cancer treatment: current status and future developmentCesare Gridelli
Division of Medical Oncology, SG Moscati Hospital, Città Ospedaliera, Contrada Amoretta, Avellino, Italy
Oncologist 12:840-9. 2007....
- From the bench to the bed: individualizing treatment in non-small-cell lung cancerMariacarmela Santarpia
Medical Oncology Unit, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Clin Transl Oncol 8:71-6. 2006..EGFR tyrosine kinase mutations are the crux of targeted therapies...
- Different responses to gefitinib in lung adenocarcinoma coexpressing mutant- and wild-type epidermal growth factor receptor genesWen Chi Chou
Department of Hematology Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:523-6. 2006..This case demonstrated that at least two strains of tumor cells were present in a single patient. This may be one of the mechanisms of gefitinib resistance...
- Phosphorylation status of epidermal growth factor receptor is closely associated with responsiveness to gefitinib in pulmonary adenocarcinomaNaoki Hijiya
Department of Molecular Pathology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Hum Pathol 39:316-23. 2008..0011). These findings suggest that immunohistochemical evaluation with anti-pEGFR-tyr992 antibody is useful for prediction of responsiveness to gefitinib...
- Response to dual blockade of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and cycloxygenase-2 in nonsmall cell lung cancer may be dependent on the EGFR mutational status of the tumorShirish M Gadgeel
Division of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer 110:2775-84. 2007..Therefore, it was hypothesized that tumor EGFR mutation status may influence the effectiveness of simultaneous EGFR and COX-2 inhibition in patients with NSCLC...
- Detection of oncogenic mutations in the EGFR gene in lung adenocarcinoma with differential sensitivity to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitorsR K Thomas
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 70:73-81. 2005..In summary, by applying high-throughput genomic resequencing, we have identified a novel therapeutic target, mutant EGFR, in lung cancer and evaluated its role in predicting response to targeted therapy...
- Clinical significance of epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations on treatment outcome after first-line cytotoxic chemotherapy in Japanese patients with non-small cell lung cancerKatsuyuki Hotta
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Okayama University Hospital, Okayama, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:632-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to clarify its association. We also examined whether this association could be affected by previous gefitinib treatment...
- Transferrin receptor hyperexpression in primary erythroblasts is lost on transformation by avian erythroblastosis virusLioba Lobmayr
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Division of Molecular Biology, Vienna Biocenter, Vienna, Austria
Blood 100:289-98. 2002..In summary, stabilization of TfR mRNA and redistribution of Fe-Tf/TfR complexes to late endosomal compartments may contribute to TfR hyperexpression in primary erythroblasts, effects that are lost on leukemic transformation...
- Avian retroviral vectors derived from avian defective leukemia virus: role of the translational context of the inserted gene on efficiency of the vectorsM Benchaibi
Laboratoire de Biologie, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, France
Virology 169:15-26. 1989..Our data provide information for further construction of double expression vectors. Furthermore, three of the vectors would provide helpful tools to identify genetic elements of the virus genome involved in splicing regulation...
- Tyrosine kinase activity may be necessary but is not sufficient for c-erbB1-mediated tissue-specific tumorigenicityD C Connolly
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Virol 68:6804-10. 1994....
- v-erbB oncogene expression accounts for most variations in protein synthesis after avian erythroblastosis virus infection of chicken embryo fibroblasts: a two-dimensional electrophoresis studyC Desbois
Immuno Virologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Universite Claude Bernard, CNRS UMR 30, Faculte de Medicine Alexis Carrel, Lyon, France
Electrophoresis 13:383-8. 1992..Moreover, the deregulation of protein synthesis by v-erbB-expressing viruses was correlated with the morphological transformation state of cells...
- Transforming genes from familial adenomatous polyposis patient cells detected by a tumorigenicity assayY Yuasa
Department of Hygiene and Oncology, School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Oncogene 5:589-96. 1990..This gene did not hybridize with the met and erbB1 genes, which are potential oncogenes located on chromosome 7. These data indicate that this gene is a new oncogene...
- Cell signaling modifiers in prostate cancerFranklin L Chen
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer J 14:40-5. 2008..Further investigation is necessary for the targeted inhibition of receptor tyrosine kinases and mTOR in HRPC. However, these classes of drugs may prove efficacious as tumoricidal agents or as chemo- and radiosensitizers...
- Molecular genetic changes in a series of neuroepithelial tumors of childhoodAlessia Di Sapio
Divisione Universitaria di Neurologia, Ospedale San Luigi, Torino, Italy
J Neurooncol 59:117-22. 2002....
- Addition of S-1 to the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor gefitinib overcomes gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer cell lines with MET amplificationTakafumi Okabe
Department of Medical Oncology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:907-13. 2009..We have now investigated whether addition of the oral fluoropyrimidine derivative S-1 to gefitinib might overcome gefitinib resistance in NSCLC cell lines...
- EGFRvIV: a previously uncharacterized oncogenic mutant reveals a kinase autoinhibitory mechanismG Pines
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Oncogene 29:5850-60. 2010..This information, along with remarkable sensitivities to tyrosine kinase blockers and to a chaperone inhibitor, proposes strategies for pharmacological interception in brain tumors harboring EGFRvIV mutations...
- PIK3CA mutation status in Japanese lung cancer patientsOsamu Kawano
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Lung Cancer 54:209-15. 2006..PIK3CA gene mutations were rare in lung cancer; rarer in adenocarcinoma. Further functional analyses of the PIK3CA mutations are warranted to study if they could be the target of therapy for the lung cancer...
- The new generation of targeted therapies for breast cancerSamira Syed
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:1339-51; discussion 1352, 1355-6. 2003..This article reviews the development of several novel targeted therapies that may be efficacious in the treatment of patients with breast cancer and highlights the challenges and opportunities associated with these agents...
- Influence of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene mutations on the expression of EGFR, phosphoryl-Akt, and phosphoryl-MAPK, and on the prognosis of patients with non-small cell lung cancerMakoto Sonobe
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
J Surg Oncol 95:63-9. 2007..In this paper we examined the influence of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene mutations on EGFR expression, downstream mediators, and survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Morphological assessment of the development of multinucleated giant cells in glioma by using mitosis-specific phosphorylated antibodiesKenkou Maeda
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Neurosurg 98:854-9. 2003..To investigate the phosphorylation of intermediate filaments, the authors studied multinucleated giant cells in vitro and in vivo by using mitosis-specific phosphorylated antibodies...
- EGFR mutations and molecularly targeted therapy: a new era in the treatment of lung cancerJonathan E Dowell
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:170-1. 2006
- Inflammation in lung carcinogenesis: new targets for lung cancer chemoprevention and treatmentJay M Lee
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 66:208-17. 2008..The understanding of molecular mechanisms involved in inflammation and lung carcinogenesis provide insight for new drug development that target reversible, non-mutational events in the chemoprevention and treatment of lung cancer...
- Correlation of molecular genetic analysis of p53, MDM2, p16, PTEN, and EGFR and survival of patients with anaplastic astrocytoma and glioblastomaYukitaka Ushio
Department of Neurosurgery, Kumamoto University Medical School, Kumamoto, Japan
Front Biosci 8:e281-8. 2003..Further studies on large cohorts are necessary to elucidate the genetic factors that affect the prognosis and response to therapy of patients with malignant gliomas and to develop effective management strategies...
- [Molecular targeted therapy and tailor-made therapy for lung cancer]Kenji Sugio
Second Department of Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:37-42. 2008..Molecular targeted therapy using TKI indicates an effective therapy specifically in lung cancer patients with EGFR mutations, and analyses of mechanisms of resistance to TKI are necessary for establishment of tailor-made therapy...
- Frequent mutations of the CA simple sequence repeat in intron 1 of EGFR in mismatch repair-deficient colorectal cancersMarie Pierre Buisine
Centre de Recherche Jean Pierre Aubert, INSERM U837, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
World J Gastroenterol 14:1053-9. 2008....
- Effect of duration of fixation on quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction analysesMaricris Macabeo-Ong
Oral Pathology, Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, California 94143 0424, USA
Mod Pathol 15:979-87. 2002..However, results for some markers are adversely affected by prolonged formalin fixation times...
- Absence of activating mutations in the EGFR kinase domain in Spanish head and neck cancer patientsY Lemos-González
Department of Biochemistry, Genetics and Immunology, University of Vigo, Vigo, Spain
Tumour Biol 28:273-9. 2007..Additional investigations about EGFR amplification are indicated to establish a potential relationship between EGFR overexpression and the response to anti-EGFR therapies...
- Independent molecular development of metachronous glioblastomas with extended intervening recurrence-free intervalRamon Martinez
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Dresden, Germany
Brain Pathol 13:598-607. 2003..Whether the molecular features of the first glioblastoma are associated with the notably extended recurrence-free period of 5 years remains to be elucidated...
- [Growth factors of the EGF family and their receptors]Pierre Hubert
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaires LISM, UPR 9027 du CNRS, Institut de Biologie Structurale et Microbiologie, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20
Bull Cancer 94:F137-45. 2007..The oncogenic alterations of the growth factor--receptor interaction are multiple and constitute several potential targets for therapeutic development...
- Gains and amplifications of c-myc, EGFR, and 20.q13 loci in the no dysplasia-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma sequence of Barrett's esophagusAgnieszka M Rygiel
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1380-5. 2008..Gains of the loci might be of value as prognostic markers because they are already present in nondysplasia cases and may precede the later event of the amplification as observed in high-grade dysplasia and esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- In vivo transcriptional regulation of N-Myc target genes is controlled by E-box methylationGiovanni Perini
Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Via Selmi 3, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12117-22. 2005..This study illuminates a central role of DNA methylation in controlling N-Myc occupancy at gene promoters and modulating its transcriptional activity in cancer cells...
- Host-based antipoxvirus therapeutic strategies: turning the tablesAnthony S Fauci
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2520, USA
J Clin Invest 115:231-3. 2005..Drugs that target the ErbB-signaling pathways represent a promising new class of antiviral agents...
- Novel biomarkers of metastatic cancerShaheenah Dawood
Department of Medical Oncology, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:581-90. 2010..DNA- and RNA-based biomarkers have also been identified. This review will focus on some of the novel biomarkers that have been developed over the last decade...
- IRF-1 reverts the transformed phenotype of oncogenically transformed cells in vitro and in vivoAndrea Kröger
Department of Gene Regulation and Differentiation, GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Oncogene 22:1045-56. 2003..Inhibition of tumor growth is observed in nude mice as long as IRF-1 is active, indicating that neither B- nor T-cells must become activated for tumor growth suppression...
- Signaling pathways in NSCLC as a predictor of outcome and response to therapyAnjali K Gupta
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Lung 182:151-62. 2004..This further suggests that Akt might be a useful target for sensitization of NSCLC to radiation...
- The complete family of epidermal growth factor receptors and their ligands are co-ordinately expressed in breast cancerEmmet McIntyre
Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT1 7NJ, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:105-10. 2010..Analysing the data using the Cox Proportional Hazards model showed that, in this dataset, the most powerful predictors of relapse free interval and overall survival were the combined measurement of only Epigen and Neuregulin 4...
- Transgenic and knock-out mice for deciphering the roles of EGFR ligandsR W C Wong
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:113-8. 2003..Finally, future investigations on ligand-ligand communications, EGFR and its ligands in neural stem cell research, and the mechanisms of EGFR signaling and trafficking in cells are also suggested...
- rugose (rg), a Drosophila A kinase anchor protein, is required for retinal pattern formation and interacts genetically with multiple signaling pathwaysHoda K Shamloula
Department of Biology, City College and The Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York 10031, USA
Genetics 161:693-710. 2002..Our results suggest that rg is required for correct retinal pattern formation and may function in cell fate determination through its interactions with the EGFR and Notch signaling pathways...
- Autocrine production of amphiregulin predicts sensitivity to both gefitinib and cetuximab in EGFR wild-type cancersKimio Yonesaka
Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6963-73. 2008..The determinant(s) of efficacy of EGFR-targeted therapies in EGFR wild-type cancers is not well defined...
- MET increased gene copy number and primary resistance to gefitinib therapy in non-small-cell lung cancer patientsF Cappuzzo
Department of Oncology Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, Italy
Ann Oncol 20:298-304. 2009..MET amplification has been detected in approximately 20% of non-small-cell lung cancer patients (NSCLC) with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations progressing after an initial response to tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) therapy...
- The expression of c-erbB-1 and c-erbB-2 in Iranian patients with gastric carcinomaAbbas Ghaderi
Department of Pathology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Pathol Oncol Res 8:252-6. 2002..Moreover, the relatively high percentage of c-erbB-2 positive tumors may provide a useful target for the immunotherapy of these cancers...
- The use of EGFR exon 19 and 21 unlabeled DNA probes to screen for activating mutations in non-small cell lung cancerCarlynn Willmore-Payne
Associated Regional and University Pathologists Institute for Clinical and Experimental Patholog y, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Biomol Tech 19:217-24. 2008..This allows for easy identification of activating mutations even in homozygous or amplified states and is useful in the screening of NSCLC for the common EGFR activating mutations...
- Mutation of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in the development of adenocarcinoma of the lungToshiyuki Kozuki
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Respiratory Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Lung Cancer 58:30-5. 2007..Although EGFR mutations appeared to be partially associated with the early steps of adenocarcinoma development, such mutations may possibly occur randomly even in multiple lesions in a single patient...
- Chromosomal assignment of the two candidate genes (EGFR, CLCA1) for equine recurrent airway obstruction (RAO) by FISH and RH mappingJ Klukowska-Rötzler
Equine Clinic, Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Berne, PO Box 8466, CH 3001 Berne, Switzerland
Hereditas 143:138-41. 2006
- Association between the length of a CA dinucleotide repeat in the EGFR and risk of breast cancerMohammad Saeid Jami
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Isfahan, Hezar Jarib, Isfahan, Iran
Cancer Invest 26:434-7. 2008..86. We have also found that women with short alleles (< 19) had much greater risk of developing cancer before the age of 55 (OR, 3.36)...
- RRM1/PTEN Axis in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UNIQUE TISSUE AND TUMOR PROCESSING FACILITYAdi Gazdar; Fiscal Year: 2003..A charge back fee system will recover some of the costs and will be used for future expansion of the Facility, which is anticipated to become self sustaining after five years. ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT MELANOMALynda Chin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Genomic & Genetic Characterization of Amplicons in GBMsLynda Chin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The highest potential candidate glioma oncogene will be further validated by rigorous in vivo transgenesis study. ..
- Radiosensitization with the HIV protease inhibior Nelfinavir in NSCLCAnjali Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3. To investigate in vitro the molecular mechanisms by which NFV results in sensitization. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exisulind for Chemoprevention of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data generated by these investigations will be important for future decisions on large-scale chemoprevention trials using disease incidence and mortality as endpoints. ..
- Immunotherapy for gliomas with monoclonal antibodies targeting MCSPRobert Fenstermaker; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal fits with the overall goal of our research program which is centered on the development of targeted immunotherapeutic strategies to treat malignant gliomas. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cs-137 Irradiator for new Fitzsimons CampusDavid Raben; Fiscal Year: 2007..The JL 81 irradiator is an important component of this foundation of cancer research and will facilitate the preclinical experiments necessary for translation at the new UCDHSC Fitzsimons campus. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenomics of Neoadjuvant Gemcitabine-Pemetrexed *Gerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Pathology of Lung CancerJohn Minna; Fiscal Year: 2005..The group of speakers who have agreed to participate are some of the leading transdisciplinary investigators in these fields and are active in seeking to translate their findings to and from the clinic and the laboratory. ..
- Targeting the anti-apoptotic protein survivin in gliomaRobert Fenstermaker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose of the pre-clinical studies outlined here is to investigate the potential for the development of antisurvivin vaccines for eventual clinical investigation in the treatment of human gliomas. ..
- Characterization of Human 3p Recessive OncogenesJohn Minna; Fiscal Year: 2004..The characterization of these gene(s) should ultimately have translational benefit for the development of new cancer diagnostics and therapeutics, including use in cancer early detection, prevention, and treatment. ..
- The 7th International Conference on Head and Neck CancerJeffrey Myers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Determinants of Acquired Erlotinib ResistanceVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Phase 2 Trial of Dasatinib in Patients with NSCLC and Acquired Resistance to ErVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is a clinical trial to determine whether dasatinib is an effective treatment for patients with NSCLC and acquired resistance to erlotinib or gefitinib. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..