Genomes and Genes
bcl 2 genes
Summary: The B-cell leukemia/lymphoma-2 genes, responsible for blocking apoptosis in normal cells, and associated with follicular lymphoma when overexpressed. Overexpression results from the t(14;18) translocation. The human c-bcl-2 gene is located at 18q24 on the long arm of chromosome 18.
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- N141I mutant presenilin-2 gene enhances neuronal cell death and decreases bcl-2 expressionMasaki Mori
Division of Gene Therapy Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Life Sci 70:2567-80. 2002..Our study demonstrated that mutant PS-2 induces apoptosis accompanied by increased caspase-3-like activity and decreased bcl-2 expression in neuronal cells after serum-deprivation...
- The combined treatment of aspirin and radiation induces apoptosis by the regulation of bcl-2 and caspase-3 in human cervical cancer cellKye Young Kim
Department of Biomedical Sciences, National Institute of Health, Seoul 122 701, South Korea
Cancer Lett 189:157-66. 2003..We have demonstrated that combined treatment of aspirin and radiation induces the antitumor effect mediated by bcl-2 and caspase-3 pathway in cervical cancer cells...
- Overexpression of Bcl-2 in the intestinal epithelium improves survival in septic miceCraig M Coopersmith
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Crit Care Med 30:195-201. 2002..The roles of the antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2 and the "executioner" protease caspase-3 in sepsis-induced gut cell death also were evaluated...
- Apoptosis-based therapiesJohn C Reed
Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 1:111-21. 2002....
- An intramolecular G-quadruplex structure with mixed parallel/antiparallel G-strands formed in the human BCL-2 promoter region in solutionJixun Dai
College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:1096-8. 2006..This predominant bcl-2 G-quadruplex represents an attractive novel target for the design of new anticancer drugs that specifically modulate bcl-2 gene expression...
- Inhibition of Bid-induced apoptosis by Bcl-2. tBid insertion, Bax translocation, and Bax/Bak oligomerization suppressedXiaolan Yi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16992-9. 2003..Critical steps blocked by Bcl-2 included tBid insertion, Bax translocation, and Bax/Bak oligomerization in the mitochondrial membranes...
- Therapeutic potential of antisense Bcl-2 as a chemosensitizer for cancer therapyRyungsa Kim
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Cancer 101:2491-502. 2004..Here, the authors review the current clinical and preclinical evaluations of AS Bcl-2 and discuss its potential to act as a chemosensitizer and to enhance the therapeutic effect of cancer chemotherapy...
- Apoptotic signaling cascadesPaula C Ashe
ALviva Biopharmaceuticals Inc, 218 111 Research Drive, S7N 3R2, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:199-214. 2003..The aim of this brief overview is to provide an introduction to a number of these factors as well as the various apoptotic pathways that have been identified...
- Loss of Bcl-2 in invasive breast cancer is associated with high rates of cell death, but also with increased proliferative activityH J van Slooten
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 77:789-96. 1998....
- Therapeutic activity of humanized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody and polymorphism in IgG Fc receptor FcgammaRIIIa geneGuillaume Cartron
Service d Oncologie Médicale et Maladies du Sang et Laboratoire d Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional et Universitaire de Tours, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
Blood 99:754-8. 2002..This finding will certainly give rise to new pharmacogenetic approaches to the management of patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomas...
- Apoptosis inhibitor as a suppressor of tumor progression: expression of Bcl-2 eliminates selective advantages for p53-deficient cells in the tumorKaterina V Gurova
Department of Molecular Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:39-44. 2002....
- Antitumor effect of G3139 Bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide is independent of its immune stimulation by CpG motifs in SCID miceVolker Wacheck
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Section of Experimental Oncology Molecular Pharmacology, University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev 12:359-67. 2002....
- Multiple gene duplication and expression of mouse bcl-2-related genes, A1S Hatakeyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int Immunol 10:631-7. 1998..Our data suggest that the multiple A1 genes in mice were generated by gene duplication and each of them may function as anti-apoptotic molecules in neutrophils...
- Oestrogen-mediated suppression of tumour necrosis factor alpha-induced apoptosis in MCF-7 cells: subversion of Bcl-2 by anti-oestrogensM E Burow
Center for Bioenvironmental Research, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 78:409-18. 2001..Our results suggest that the effects of oestrogens/anti-oestrogens on the regulation of apoptosis may involve coordinate activation of signalling events and Bcl-2 expression...
- Apoptosis and muscle fibre loss in neuromuscular disordersD S Tews
Neurologisches Edinger Institut, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Deutschordenstrasse 46, D 60528, Frankfurt, Germany
Neuromuscul Disord 12:613-22. 2002..In the absence of effective primary treatments, there is hope that interventions in muscle fibre apoptosis will bear promising therapeutic strategies...
- Concurrent translocation of BCL2 and MYC with a single immunoglobulin locus in high-grade B-cell lymphomasS Knezevich
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leukemia 19:659-63. 2005..Molecular cytogenetic investigation is essential to identify cases of high-grade leukaemia/lymphoma with concurrent translocations affecting the BCL2 and MYC loci...
- NMR solution structure of the major G-quadruplex structure formed in the human BCL2 promoter regionJixun Dai
College of Pharmacy, The University of Arizona, 1703 E Mabel Street, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:5133-44. 2006..Significantly, the distinct major BCL2 promoter G-quadruplex structure suggests that it can be specifically involved in gene modulation and can be an attractive target for pathway-specific drug design...
- Role of the bcl-2 gene after contusive spinal cord injury in miceToshitaka Seki
Department of Neurosurgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurosurgery 53:192-8; discussion 198. 2003..This study examined the recovery of behavioral function and histopathological variables after controlled-impact SCI in human bcl-2 transgenic (TG) mice and control mice...
- Social stress exacerbates stroke outcome by suppressing Bcl-2 expressionA C DeVries
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11824-8. 2001..Taken together, these data demonstrate that stressful prestroke social milieu strongly compromises an endogenous molecular mechanism of neuroprotection in injured brain and offer a new behavioral target for stroke therapy...
- Inhibition of intestinal epithelial apoptosis and survival in a murine model of pneumonia-induced sepsisCraig M Coopersmith
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8109, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
JAMA 287:1716-21. 2002..Increased intestinal epithelial apoptosis is present in both human autopsy studies and animal models of sepsis. Whether altering gut apoptosis decreases mortality in sepsis induced by pathogenic bacteria outside the gut is unknown...
- Targeting bcl-2 by triplex-forming oligonucleotide--a promising carrier for gene-radiotherapyChangxian Shen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:17-26. 2003..Our results suggest a promising application of this triplex-forming oligonucleotide based Conversion-electron-emitter mediated gene radiotherapy in diseases related to bcl-2 overexpression...
- Deconvoluting the structural and drug-recognition complexity of the G-quadruplex-forming region upstream of the bcl-2 P1 promoterThomas S Dexheimer
College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:5404-15. 2006....
- Antiapoptotic BCL-2 is required for maintenance of a model leukemiaAnthony Letai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:241-9. 2004..This suggests a generalizable model in which aberrations inherent to cancer generate tonic death signals that would otherwise kill the cell if not opposed by a requisite apoptotic defect(s)...
- BCL-2 gene family and the regulation of programmed cell deathS J Korsmeyer
Division of Molecular Oncology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 59:1693s-1700s. 1999..Aberrations in the BCL-2 family result in disordered homeostasis, a pathogenic event in diseases, including cancer...
- bcl-2 transgene expression promotes survival and reduces proliferation of CD3-CD4-CD8- T cell progenitorsL A O'Reilly
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Int Immunol 9:1291-301. 1997....
- Gene therapy and hypothermia for stroke treatmentMidori A Yenari
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, California 94305, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 993:54-68; discussion 79-81. 2003....
- Relationship between expression of Bcl-2 genes and growth factors in ischemic acute renal failure in the ratG Gobe
Department of Pathology, Mayne Medical School, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:454-67. 2000....
- Genetic redox preconditioning differentially modulates AP-1 and NF kappa B responses following cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury and protects against necrosis and apoptosisJusan Yang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Center for Gene Therapy of Cystic Fibrosis and Other Genetic Disorders, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 USA
Mol Ther 7:341-53. 2003....
- Bcl-2 on the endoplasmic reticulum regulates Bax activity by binding to BH3-only proteinsMichael J Thomenius
Department of Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6243-50. 2003..These data suggest that Bcl-2 indirectly protects mitochondrial membranes from Bax, via BH3-only proteins...
- Distinct roles for the NF-kappaB1 and c-Rel transcription factors in the differentiation and survival of plasmacytoid and conventional dendritic cells activated by TLR-9 signalsMeredith O'Keeffe
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Blood 106:3457-64. 2005..Collectively, these findings establish that NF-kappaB1 and c-Rel, while largely dispensable for TLR-9-induced cDC activation, are critical for regulating differentiation and survival programs during pDC activation...
- Transfer of E2F-1 to human glioma cells results in transcriptional up-regulation of Bcl-2C Gomez-Manzano
Department of Neuro-Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 61:6693-7. 2001..Our results demonstrate that E2F-1 modulates the expression of the antiapoptotic molecule Bcl-2 and suggest that up-regulation of Bcl-2 may favor the oncogenic role of E2F-1 and other members of the E2F family of transcription factors...
- Constitutive Bcl-2 expression during immunoglobulin heavy chain-promoted B cell differentiation expands novel precursor B cellsF Young
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Department of Genetics and Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 6:23-33. 1997..These experiments demonstrate that the pro-B to pre-B transition in vivo cannot be effected by the expression of Bcl-2 alone, and that nontransformed immature B-lineage cells are competent to receive signals through a surface mu complex...
- Multidrug resistance modulators PSC 833 and CsA show differential capacity to induce apoptosis in lymphoid leukemia cell lines independently of their MDR phenotypeEloisi C Lopes
Department of Immunology, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires UBA IDEHU CONICET, Junin 956 4 piso, 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leuk Res 27:413-23. 2003..1 microg ml(-1)) or by direct impact on the cells through induction of apoptosis (1 microg ml(-1)), in the latter case through a mechanism that might act independent of the Bcl-2 family proteins...
- Negative correlation between the ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 and the size of tumor treated by culture supernatants from Kupffer cellsGeorge G Chen
Department of Surgery, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:457-64. 2002..The ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 is a useful index to evaluate tumor apoptosis induced by Kupffer cells. Our experiment also suggests that alteration of the ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 may result from increased levels of iNOS and TNF alpha...
- Protein A-induced apoptosis of cancer cells is effected by soluble immune mediatorsTanya Das
Animal Physiology Section, Bose Institute, P 1 12 CIT Scheme VII M, Kolkata 700054, India
Cancer Immunol Immunother 51:376-80. 2002..The present observations provide additional findings on an approach to cancer immunotherapy that causes apoptogenic insult to cancer cells...
- Retinoids cause apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cells via activation of RAR-gamma and altered expression of Bcl-2/BaxF Pettersson
Department of Oncology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17 ORE, UK
Br J Cancer 87:555-61. 2002..Our results encourage further work evaluating the clinical use of receptor subtype selective retinoids in pancreatic carcinoma...
- Enhancing the anticancer efficacy of camptothecin using biotinylated poly(ethylene glycol) conjugates in sensitive and multidrug-resistant human ovarian carcinoma cellsTamara Minko
Center for Biomaterials, 610 Taylor Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 50:143-50. 2002..To increase the anticancer efficacy of CPT a special drug delivery system is needed...
- Time-dependent mitochondrial-mediated programmed neuronal cell death prolongs survival in sepsisEvangelos Messaris
Laboratory of Surgical Research, First Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Crit Care Med 32:1764-70. 2004..To investigate whether apoptosis is a possible mechanism of brain dysfunction occurring in septic syndrome...
- Differential influence of etoposide on two caspase-2 mRNA isoforms in leukemic cellsAnne Wotawa
INSERM U517, IFR 100, Faculty of Medicine, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000, Dijon, France
Cancer Lett 185:181-9. 2002....
- Alcohol induces apoptosis in TM3 mouse Leydig cells via bax-dependent caspase-3 activationMi Hyeon Jang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoigi dong, Dongdaemoon gu, Seoul, 130 701, South Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 449:39-45. 2002..Based on the results, alcohol appears to activate specific intracellular death-related pathways leading to bax-dependant caspase-3 activation and the induction of apoptosis in Leydig cells...
- Diversity of the apoptotic response to chemotherapy in childhood leukemiaT Liu
Center for Children at the Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Leukemia 16:223-32. 2002..We conclude that that the initial apoptotic response to chemotherapy in children with leukemia is variable involving both p53-dependent and p53-independent pathways...
- Phyllanthus urinaria induces the Fas receptor/ligand expression and ceramide-mediated apoptosis in HL-60 cellsSheng Teng Huang
Chinese Herbal Pharmacy, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 75:339-51. 2004..It indicated that the activity of ceramide synthase is critical for the P. urinaria-induced apoptosis in HL-60 cells. The P. urinaria-induced apoptosis in HL-60 cells is mediated through a ceramide-related pathway...
- A flow cytometric method to detect apoptosis-related protein expression in minimal residual disease in acute myeloid leukemiaA van Stijn
Department of Haematology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:780-6. 2003..43). The flow cytometric protocol thus enables analysis of apoptosis-related proteins at different stages of the disease, which will lead to a better understanding of the role of apoptosis resistance in the emergence of MRD in AML...
- Bee venom induces apoptosis and inhibits expression of cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA in human lung cancer cell line NCI-H1299Mi Hyeon Jang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
J Pharmacol Sci 91:95-104. 2003..Expression of COX-2 mRNA and synthesis of PGE(2) were inhibited by BV. These results suggest the possibility that BV may exert an anti-tumor effect on human lung cancer...
- Antiviral agent cidofovir decreases Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) oncoproteins and enhances the radiosensitivity in EBV-related malignanciesBassam Abdulkarim
Laboratoire UPRES EA No 27 10 Radiosensibilité des tumeurs tissus sains, France
Oncogene 22:2260-71. 2003..These results provide the basis for a novel anticancer strategy to enhance the therapeutic ratio of IR in EBV-related cancers...
- Application of proteasomal inhibitors to mouse sympathetic neurons activates the intrinsic apoptotic pathwayIsabelle Lang-Rollin
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Neurochem 90:1511-20. 2004..We conclude that proteasomal inhibition of mouse sympathetic neurons activates the intrinsic apoptotic pathway involving bcl-2 family members and the mitochondria...
- Abdominal temperature induces region-specific p53-independent apoptosis in the cauda epididymidis of the mouseMarco Jara
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Biol Reprod 67:1189-96. 2002..Nevertheless, we have detected a strong induction of bax and bcl-2 gene products. While the former should be responsible for the apoptosis observed, the latter would promote the survival of most of the cells of the cauda epididymis...
- Chronic exposure to free fatty acids or high glucose induces apoptosis in rat pancreatic islets: possible role of oxidative stressSalvatore Piro
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Metabolism 51:1340-7. 2002..This may contribute to the beta-cell failure that occurs in most in type 2 diabetic patients few years after clinical diabetes onset...
- TGF-beta-induced apoptosis and reduction of Bcl-2 in human lens epithelial cells in vitroJoon H Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Curr Eye Res 25:147-53. 2002..Here we sought to examine whether TGF-beta induces apoptotic cell death in human lens epithelial cells in vitro...
- Apoptosis and related proteins in placenta of intrauterine fetal death in prostaglandin f receptor-deficient miceJunwu Mu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Biol Reprod 68:1968-74. 2003..Thus, significantly increased apoptosis in the mouse placenta and decidua might be involved in the pathophysiologic mechanism of intrauterine fetal death...
- In vitro effects of ciprofloxacin and roxithromycin on apoptosis of jurkat T lymphocytesYong Taek Jun
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1161-4. 2003..RXM accelerated cell death, enhanced expression of FasL and caspase-3 but not caspase-8, and did not show the concentration dependency...
- Role of mitochondria in aspirin-induced apoptosis in human gastric epithelial cellsMaria J Redlak
Dept of Surgery, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0568, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G731-8. 2005..Our results indicate also that mitochondrial integration and oxidative phosphorylation play a critical role in the pathogenesis of apoptosis in human gastric epithelial cells...
- Differential expression of Bcl-2 and Bax may enhance neuroblastoma survivalElizabeth A Beierle
Department of Surgery, University of Florida, J Hillis Miller Health Science Center, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0286, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:486-91. 2003..It was hypothesized that the expression of proapoptotic (Bax) and prosurvival (Bcl-2 and Mcl-1) proteins would be altered in neuroblastoma cells grown in a cell culture model of metastatic neuroblastoma...
- Caenorhabditis elegans anti-apoptotic gene ced-9 prevents ced-3-induced cell death in Drosophila cellsS Hisahara
Department of Neuroanatomy, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
J Cell Sci 111:667-73. 1998..In addition, SL2 cells provide a unique systems for dissecting the main machinery of cell death...
- Induction of tumor necrosis factor by bryostatin 1 is involved in synergistic interactions with paclitaxel in human myeloid leukemia cellsShujie Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Division of Hematology Oncology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298, USA
Blood 101:3648-57. 2003..They further suggest that this process is amplified by paclitaxel-mediated arrest of cells in G(2)M, where they are more susceptible to TNF-alpha-induced lethality...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) induces antiapoptotic and proapoptotic signals in acute myeloid leukemiaStefan Faderl
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Blood 102:630-7. 2003..Up-regulation of procaspase levels in AML is thus a beacon for an ongoing growth-stimulatory signal...
- Antisense p53 transduction leads to overexpression of bcl-2 and dexamethasone resistance in multiple myelomaRajaraman Iyer
Myeloma and Transplantation Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Central Arkansas VA Medical Center, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Leuk Res 27:73-8. 2003..In summary, our data demonstrates that loss of p53 function leads to myeloma cell progression and resistant phenotype through bcl-2-related mechanisms...
- Impact of the expression of P glycoprotein, the multidrug resistance-related protein, bcl-2, mutant p53, and heat shock protein 27 on response to induction therapy and long-term survival in patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaSabine Kasimir-Bauer
Departments of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, University of Essen, Medical School, West German Cancer Center, Essen, Germany
Exp Hematol 30:1302-8. 2002..Resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis and a multidrug-resistance phenotype is the major problem in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Quantitative analysis of apoptosis-related gene expression in hepatocellular carcinomaMasahide Ikeguchi
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Cancer 95:1938-45. 2002..In addition, the prognostic significance of the expression of apoptosis-related genes in patients with HCC was analyzed...
- In the erythroleukemic cell line HEL Prostate-apoptosis-response-gene-4 (par-4) fails to down-regulate Bcl-2 and to promote apoptosisSimone Boehrer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Hematology and Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1445-51. 2004..In conclusion we here demonstrate that in the erythroleukemic cell line HEL--in contrast to other cell types Par-4 fails to promote apoptosis and outline the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Evodiamine, a constituent of Evodiae Fructus, induces anti-proliferating effects in tumor cellsXiao Fang Fei
College of Life Sciences, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
Cancer Sci 94:92-8. 2003..Taken together, our data indicated that evodiamine alters the balance of Bcl-2 and Bax gene expression and induces apoptosis through the caspase pathway in HeLa cells...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 and activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma synergistically induces apoptosis and inhibits growth of human breast cancer cellsMichael S Michael
Novexpharma, Richmond Hills, ON L4C 5H2, Canada
Int J Mol Med 11:733-6. 2003..COX-2 and PPARgamma can be promising molecular targets for combinational chemoprevention or treatment of breast cancer...
- Mitochondrial membrane permeabilization is a critical step of lysosome-initiated apoptosis induced by hydroxychloroquinePatricia Boya
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 8125, Institut Gustave Roussy, Pavillon de Recherche 1, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, F 94805 Villejuif, France
Oncogene 22:3927-36. 2003..The data reported herein indicate that LMP does not suffice to trigger caspase activation and that Bax/Bak-dependent MMP is a critical step of LMP-induced cell death...
- Protection of T cells from radiation-induced apoptosis by CepharanthinH Oyaizu
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 1:2091-9. 2001..These results suggest that CE inhibits the signal transduction pathway of apoptosis induced by radiation, regardless of the expression of Bcl-2 or Bax...
- Cellular apoptosis susceptibility gene expression in endometrial carcinoma: correlation with Bcl-2, Bax, and caspase-3 expression and outcomeG Peiro
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munchen, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:359-67. 2001..In addition, CAS and caspase-3 protein levels may be useful markers in predicting the outcome of the patients...
- GDNF protects against aluminum-induced apoptosis in rabbits by upregulating Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL and inhibiting mitochondrial Bax translocationO Ghribi
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Neurobiol Dis 8:764-73. 2001..Treatment with GDNF may represent a therapeutic strategy to reverse the neuronal death associated with Alzheimer's disease and may exert its effect on apoptosis-regulatory proteins...
- Domoic acid-induced neuronal damage in the rat hippocampus: changes in apoptosis related genes (bcl-2, bax, caspase-3) and microglial responseC Ananth
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 4 Medical Drive, Singapore-117597
J Neurosci Res 66:177-90. 2001..These results indicate that the pattern of neuronal degeneration observed during DA-induced excitotoxic damage is mostly necrotic...
- Induction of apoptosis by p53, bax, bcl-2, and p21 expressed in colorectal cancerKenji Katsumata
The Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 8:352-6. 2003..We investigated the influence of genes on the apoptosis of colorectal tumor cells, based on DNA and mRNA kinetics...
- Role of p53 and NF-kappaB in epigallocatechin-3-gallate-induced apoptosis of LNCaP cellsKedar Hastak
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Oncogene 22:4851-9. 2003..Taken together, the data indicate that EGCG induces apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma cells by shifting the balance between pro- and antiapoptotic proteins in favor of apoptosis...
- Targeting apoptosis in prostate cancerR S DiPaola
Dean and Betty Gallo Prostate Cancer Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 15:509-24. 2001..The continued study of new targets, agents capable of modulating these targets, and markers of biologic effect in patients should improve clinical results...
- 4-hydroxynonenal induces apoptosis via caspase-3 activation and cytochrome c releaseC Ji
Department of Biochemistry, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 14:1090-6. 2001..Bcl-2 overexpression protected cells from HNE-induced apoptosis through inhibition of cytochrome c release...
- Huperzine A protects rat pheochromocytoma cells against oxygen-glucose deprivationJ Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 294 Tai-yuan Road, Shanghai 200031, PR China
Neuroreport 12:2073-7. 2001..These data suggest the ability of HupA to attenuate apoptosis induced by OGD may result from its capability to alter the expression of apoptosis-related genes...
- Differential regulation of apoptosis in AK-5 tumor cells by the proto-oncogene Bcl-2: presence of Bcl-2 dependent and independent pathwaysR Anjum
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, 500 007, Hyderabad, India
FEBS Lett 499:166-70. 2001..The results demonstrate that there are inducer dependent redundant activation pathways in a single cell, which may either be Bcl-2 dependent or independent...
- Expression of cell death-associated proteins in neuronal apoptosis associated with pontosubicular neuron necrosisC Stadelman
Department of Neuropathology, , , Berlin, Germany
Brain Pathol 11:273-81. 2001....
- SeO(2) induces apoptosis with down-regulation of Bcl-2 and up-regulation of P53 expression in both immortal human hepatic cell line and hepatoma cell lineY Wei
School of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University, 730000, Lanzhou, PR China
Mutat Res 490:113-21. 2001..The Bcl-2/P53 value was closely correlated with the apoptotic rate as well as SeO(2) concentrations...
- Lovastatin-induced apoptosis in thyroid cells: involvement of cytochrome c and lamin BT Di Matola
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 145:645-50. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that, in TAD-2 thyroid cells, lovastatin induces lamin B proteolysis and inhibits its nuclear localization and induces cytochrome c release from mitochondria into the cytosol...
- Nitric oxide-induced apoptosis is mediated by Bax/Bcl-2 gene expression, transition of cytochrome c, and activation of caspase-3 in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsIn Ho Chae
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Chim Acta 341:83-91. 2004..This study was designed to elucidate the mechanism underlying NO-induced apoptosis in rat VSMCs...
- The neuroprotective actions of FK506 binding protein ligands: neuronal survival is triggered by de novo RNA synthesis, but is independent of inhibition of JNK and calcineurinA Klettner
Institute of Pharmacology, Christian-Albrechts-University, Hospitalstrasse 4, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 97:21-31. 2001....
- Cell kinetics and apoptosis in laryngeal carcinoma patientsAnastasia Georgiou
Department of Otolaryngology, Hippocration Hospital, Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:206-13. 2003..Furthermore, the combined study of proliferation markers and apoptosis-related genes helped us to identify a high-risk group of patients who may benefit from a more aggressive treatment protocol...
- Tyrphostin AG 1024 modulates radiosensitivity in human breast cancer cellsB Wen
, Institut Gustave Roussy, , France
Br J Cancer 85:2017-21. 2001..These results suggest that Tyrphostin AG 1024 could be used as a potential therapeutic agent in combination with irradiation...
- Death in the snow: report on Keystone Conference on 'Apoptosis and Programmed Cell Death' at Breckenridge, CO, April 6-11th 1999A Strasser
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1470:R1-R11. 2000
- Korean mistletoe lectin-induced apoptosis in hepatocarcinoma cells is associated with inhibition of telomerase via mitochondrial controlled pathway independent of p53Su Yun Lyu
College of Natural Sciences, Seoul Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 25:93-101. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest that the VCA, considered as a telomerase-inhibitor, can be envisaged as a candidate for enhancing sensitivity of conventional anticancer drugs...
- Human Dkk-1, a gene encoding a Wnt antagonist, responds to DNA damage and its overexpression sensitizes brain tumor cells to apoptosis following alkylation damage of DNAJiang Shou
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Road, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:878-89. 2002..These results show that hDkk-1 is a pro-apoptotic gene and suggest that it may play important roles in linking the oncogenic Wnt and p53 tumor suppressor pathways...
- Bax ablation protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in transgenic miceEdith Hochhauser
Cardiac Research Laboratory, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H2351-9. 2003..The superior tolerance of Bax knockout hearts to I/R injury recommends this gene as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in patients with severe and intractable myocardial ischemia...
- LIGHT sensitizes IFNgamma-mediated apoptosis of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells leading to down-regulation of anti-apoptosis Bcl-2 family membersManchao Zhang
Structure Biology and Cancer Drug Discovery Program, Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cancer Lett 195:201-10. 2003....
- Role of mitochondria in ciprofloxacin induced apoptosis in bladder cancer cellsOlivia Aranha
Department of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Urol 167:1288-94. 2002..In the current series we elucidated the molecular mechanisms by which ciprofloxacin induces apoptotic processes...
- Glucocorticoid cotreatment induces apoptosis resistance toward cancer therapy in carcinomasIngrid Herr
Division of Molecular Oncology Pediatrics, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 63:3112-20. 2003..These data therefore raise concern about the widespread combined use of GCs with antineoplastic drugs or agents in the clinical management of cancer patients...
- Arsenic trioxide causes redistribution of cell cycle, caspase activation, and GADD expression in human colonic, breast, and pancreatic cancer cellsXinquan Li
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer Invest 22:389-400. 2004..In contrast, arsenic trioxide markedly enhanced the expression of the p21 protein, GADD45 and GADD153, in a time-dependent manner. These findings suggest that arsenic trioxide has potential as a therapeutic agent for these cancers...
- Expression of a non-functional p53 affects the sensitivity of cancer cells to gemcitabineCarlos Maria Galmarini
INSERM 453, Laboratoire de Cytologie Analytique, Faculte de Medecine Rockefeller, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 97:439-45. 2002..Our evidence suggests that loss of p53 function leads to loss of cell cycle control and alterations in the apoptotic cascade, conferring resistance to gemcitabine in cancer cell lines displaying a mut-p53...
- Apoptosis induced by low-dose paclitaxel is associated with p53 upregulation in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsGuolin Tan
Department of Otolaryngology, Third Affiliated Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 97:168-72. 2002..In contrast, cell growth and apoptosis induced by a high dose of the drug occurred in a p53-independent manner, which may directly initiate downstream events of apoptosis...
- Bcl-X(L) translocation in renal tubular epithelial cells in vitro protects distal cells from oxidative stressL Cuttle
Department of Pathology, University of Queensland Medical School, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Kidney Int 59:1779-88. 2001....
- Persistent ERK phosphorylation negatively regulates cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) activity via recruitment of CREB-binding protein to pp90RSKZiqiu Wang
Liver Cancer Center, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11138-44. 2003..These data provide evidence that CBP.RSK complex formation in response to persistent ERK phosphorylation by Cpd 5 down-regulates CREB activity, leading to inhibition of both cAMP response element-mediated gene expression and cell growth...
- [Effects of Chinese herbal recipe Weichang'an in inducing apoptosis and related gene expression in human gastric cancer grafted onto nude mice]Ai Guang Zhao
Department of Oncology, Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200032, China E mail
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 5:287-97. 2007..To investigate the mechanism of Chinese herbal recipe Weichang'an (WCA) in inducing cell apoptosis of human gastric cancer grafted onto nude mice...
- Modulatory effects of lycopene and ellagic acid on reproductive dysfunction induced by polychlorinated biphenyl (Aroclor 1254) in male ratsAhmet Atessahin
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 106:479-89. 2010..However, both LP and EA have modulator effects on AR-induced reproductive dysfunction in male rats...
- M. leprae inhibits apoptosis in THP-1 cells by downregulation of Bad and Bak and upregulation of Mcl-1 gene expressionZahra Hasan
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Microbiol 6:78. 2006..However, the mechanism by which M. leprae modulates apoptosis is as yet unclear. We investigated expression of apoptotic genes in THP-1 monocytes in response to infection by M. leprae and non-pathogenic M. bovis BCG...
- Ovarian follicle development requires Smad3Dragana Tomic
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:2224-40. 2004....
- Effects of Chinese Jianpi herbs on cell apoptosis and related gene expression in human gastric cancer grafted onto nude miceAi Guang Zhao
Department of Oncology, Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:792-6. 2002..To explore the mechanism of the Sijunzi decoction and another Chinese herbal recipe (SRRS) based mainly on the Sijunzi decoction in treatment of gastric cancer...
- RNA interference is a functional pathway with therapeutic potential in human myeloid leukemia cell linesDaniel P Cioca
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 10:125-33. 2003..In this study, we explored the effects of RNAi in reducing the target gene expression in human myeloid leukemia cell lines...
- Stem-cell transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: improving outcomeAlessandro M Gianni
Division of Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant, Milan Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 13:S35-42. 2002..If the encouraging preliminary results with rituximab are maintained with a longer follow-up, this agent could play a pivotal role in improving outcome after stem-cell transplantation in NHL...
- Effect of Acanthopanax giraldii Harms Var. Hispidus Hoo polysaccharides on the human gastric cancer cell line SGC-7901 and its possible mechanismXiaoying Lu
Institute of Military Medical Sciences, Chengdu Military Command, Kunming 650032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:716-21. 2002..To study the inhibitory effect of Acanthopanax giraldii Harms Var. Hispidus Hoo polysaccharides (AGP) on SGC-7901 gastric cancer cells and its possible mechanism...
- Preparation of chitosan-polyaspartic acid-5-fluorouracil nanoparticles and its anti-carcinoma effect on tumor growth in nude miceDan Ying Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:3554-62. 2008..To prepare chitosan-polyaspartic acid-5-fluorouracil (CTS-Pasp-5Fu) nanoparticles and investigate its anti-carcinoma effect and toxicity...
- Virulence Mechanisms of Viral Bcl-2 HomologsShu Ichi Matsuzawa; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- REPAIR OF GENOME DESTABILIZING DNA STRUCTURESKaren M Vasquez; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Targeting apoptosis via chemical design of Bcl-2 antagonistsMaurizio Pellecchia; Fiscal Year: 2013..The development of small molecule Mcl-1 inhibitors represent a promising route for the development of more effective combination therapies for the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Comparative Mechanisms of Genomic InstabilityKaren M Vasquez; Fiscal Year: 2010..These discoveries should begin to unravel the pathogenesis of diseases that are caused by genomic instability, and ultimately to the development of new approaches for treatment and prevention. ..
- FUNCTION OF THE BCL-2 PROTEINDONALD EWERT; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies can help to define the molecular basis of B cell malignancy...
- THE EFFECTS OF DEXAMETHASONE ON FOLLICULAR DEVELOPMENTLAURA ROCKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2001..If dexamethasone treatment alters Bcl-2 mRNA expression in the rat ovary we will examine protein expression and localization using western blot analysis and immunocytochemistry. ..
- P53 TRAFFICKING DURING CELL CYCLEMichael Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will give insight into the molecular mechanism by Bcl-2 and Myc modulate p53 functions. ..
- Chemical Antagonists of IAP-Family Anti-Apoptotic ProteinsJohn Reed; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Methods for Preservation of Phosphoproteins in fixed tissuesEric Hsi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, control material with defined relative expression levels of many PPs will result from this application and allow laboratories to assess performance of their individual assays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Bax-mediated cell death in the MPTP modelSerge Przedborski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, the proposed studies should shed light on the molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration in PD and help to identify new molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY THE ROLE OF TRAF1 AND TRAF2 IN THE ETIOLOGY OF LEUKEMIAJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of the CLL-like lymphoproliferative disorder caused by overexpression of TRAF2DN and Bcl-2 in B cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of Notch LeukemiaJon Aster; Fiscal Year: 2007..1. To identify domains of MAML1 that are essential for function in normal and transformed lymphoid cells 3.2. To identify and characterize small molecule inhibitors of CSL/ICN/MAML1 function ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achievement of these aims should build on our previous work in human kidney cells and extend it to provide a much more complete understanding of the various and complex ways in which DCVC affects the human kidney [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mapping RGC susceptibility alleles Robert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Real-time PCR expression profiling of microRNAThomas Schmittgen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unparallel sensitivity and specificity of real-time PCR as applied to this new and exciting class of regulatory RNAs should propel the field into new directions not only in cancer but in other areas of human health. ..
- Mitochondrial Targets in Methylmalonic AcidemiaAlicia Kowaltowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results obtained in this study will contribute toward the understanding of mechanisms of tissue damage in methylmalonic academia, and potentially determine mitochondrial targets for tissue protection in this disease. ..
- Pharmacologic modulation of chromatin remodeling in leu*Guido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further, we believe that this schedule is amenable to future combination-based approaches. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bcl-2 and CXC Chemokines in Head /Neck Tumor Angiogenesis /MetastasisJacques Nor; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- T CELL ADJUVANTS FOR BIODEFENSEThomas Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2008..External salary support will lessen the load of non-research duties, such that conceptual advances in vaccine design for biodefense can be made. ..
- Virulence and Immunity of Granulocytic EhrlichiaeJOHN DUMLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will provide a framework for rational design of therapies aimed at modulating immune injury and could foster design of preventative measures aimed at immunization. ..
- The Role of BCL-2 in Corneal Epithelial Cell SheddingDANIELLE ROBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) That events leading to increased apoptosis such as UV light signal surface cell apoptosis through the phosphorylation of BCL-2. ..
- Transformation of Cells by the REL OncogeneThomas Gilmore; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Gene Regulation by E2A and Notch1BARBARA LYNNE KEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ETHANOL, INSULIN/IGF SIGNALING AND NEURONAL MIGRATIONSuzanne de la Monte; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NO-MEDIATED MODIFICATION OF NMDA RECEPTOR DURING HYPOXIAOm Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 in Ischemia Neuronal InjurySteven Graham; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of Bcl-2 and Head & Neck Tumor AngiogenesisJacques Nor; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work may demonstrate that small molecule inhibitors of Bcl-2 represent a novel class of drugs that induce tumor cell apoptosis and are anti-angiogenic, two distinct and perhaps synergistic anti-tumor effects. ..
- High Throughput Screening Assays for NOD1 and NOD2 InhibitorsJohn Reed; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Behavioral effects of cardiac arrest in miceANNE DEVRIES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mitochondria and Apoptosis (revised GM60554)John Reed; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- AML1 in Hematopoietic Cell DevelopmentROBERT LORSBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NO-MEDIATED MODIFICATION OF NMDA RECEPTOR DURING HYPOXIAOm Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Bcl-3 Oncoprotein in T Cell SurvivalThomas Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Experiments with these mice will identify those adjuvant effects on T cells for which Bcl-3 expression is required and which could therefore be targeted by drug inhibition. ..
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED MUCOUS CELL METAPLASIAYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Etanercept Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where targeting the microenvironment of the tumor may inhibit the growth and survival of the neoplastic cells. ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..
- CED-4 FAMILY PROTEINSJohn Reed; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information provided by these investigations may provide insights into human diseases where dysregulation of programmed cell death is known to occur and may lead to new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- SYNUCLEIN AND NIGRAL DOPAMINERGIC NEURON DEGENERATIONSerge Przedborski; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- DEPSIPEPTIDE: A NOVEL HISTONE DEACYTLASE INHIBITOR IN LJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical and laboratory results of this trial will provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic information for additional correlative efforts in both single agent phase II and combination phase I studies. ..
- ABERRANT REGULATION OF COX2 AFTER TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYKenneth Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2003..Knowledge of these events will serve as the rational basis for pharmacological interventions to ameliorate the secondary pathologies that lead to worsening neurological and cognitive deficits in human victims of TBI. ..
- BCI2 Antisense Against Chemoresistance in Elderly AMLGuido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is expected that the analysis of the clinical and correlative laboratory results will support testing of this combination in a phase III setting. ..
- A PHASE 1 Study of HuD10 IN CLL/SLL PATIENTSJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2002..These laboratory studies combined with clinical data derived from this trial will form the basis for future phase II development of this agent in CLL/SLL. ..
- PREVENTIVE ONCOLOGY ACADEMIC CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARDPatrick Koty; Fiscal Year: 2002..The data obtained from these studies will also be used to develop a model for the process of programmed cell death. This model will be used to determine risk assessment for the development of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..III. Determine the role of the mAb FC region in mediating anti- proliferative effects of anti-CD20 mAbs in xenografts of B cell NHL lines in NOD/SCID mice. ..
- NEUTROPHINS AND RETINAL DEVELOPMENTJanet Sparrow; Fiscal Year: 2001..The use of neurotrophins in conjunction with gene therapy or transplantation may also have potential for reversing retinal degenerative changes and lead to the restoration of vision. ..
- INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIAArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the cell-cell interaction between BM stromal cells and pre-B ALL cells may provide future therapeutic strategies with which to modulate the growth of these leukemias. ..
- CpG Plus Rituximab Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where augmenting antigen presentation and effector cells may lead to enhanced cytotoxic effects of rituximab and induce anti-tumor immunity. ..
- A new approach to xenotransplantation in primateJuan Contreras; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research proposed in this grant will provide significant information to the xenotransplant research and the potential use of porcine islets as an alternative to human tissue for pancreatic islet transplantation. ..
- Epigenetic Targeted Therapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leu*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of enriched environment on ALS neurodegenerationSerge Przedborski; Fiscal Year: 2005..This development/exploratory project offers an high-risk/high-yield set of studies which may demonstrate, in an original way, how environment may impact on the occurrence and the progression of ALS. ..
- Meeting of the Society for Basic Urologic Research, 2004Vijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Travel awards will be presented to trainees, and best three awardees will be invited to discuss their research in podium presentations. ..
- The Mouse dc-ElectroretinogramNeal Peachey; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Ribonucleotide Reductase Antisense Strategy in AMLGuido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected that the analysis of these data will allow us to elucidate the intrinsic mechanisms of the antitumor activity of the antisense compounds and plan their incorporation in future therapeutic strategies for AML patients. ..
- SOCIOBIOLOGICAL FACTORS IN EXPERIMENTAL STROKE OUTCOMEANNE DEVRIES; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- LARG, A Novel Leukemia Associated Guanine Exhange FactorGuido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2006..i.). ..
- Transcriptional silencing in damaged retinal gangliaRobert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Effects of social factors on cardiac arrest outcomeANNE DEVRIES; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISMS OF GENOMIC IMPRINTINGAndrew Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, it will be possible to develop a comprehensive chromatin/DNA model of imprinting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeted Liposomal Doxorubicin Delivery to LeukemiaRobert Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..