Genomes and Genes
Summary: The total genetic information possessed by the reproductive members of a POPULATION of sexually reproducing organisms.
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Ethiopian genetic diversity reveals linguistic stratification and complex influences on the Ethiopian gene poolLuca Pagani
Division of Biological Anthropology, University of Cambridge, UK
Am J Hum Genet 91:83-96. 2012..Linkage-disequilibrium decay with genomic distance was less rapid in both the whole genome and the African component than in southern African samples, suggesting a less ancient history for Ethiopian populations...
- Identifying currents in the gene pool for bacterial populations using an integrative approachJing Tang
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000455. 2009..The statistical tools introduced here are freely available in BAPS 5.2 software, which can be downloaded from http://web.abo.fi/fak/mnf/mate/jc/software/baps.html...
- Parallel evolution of genes and languages in the Caucasus regionOleg Balanovsky
Research Centre for Medical Genetics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Mol Biol Evol 28:2905-20. 2011..Overall, in the Caucasus region, unmatched levels of gene-language coevolution occurred within geographically isolated populations, probably due to its mountainous terrain...
- Y-chromosome variation in Altaian Kazakhs reveals a common paternal gene pool for Kazakhs and the influence of Mongolian expansionsMatthew C Dulik
Department of Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17548. 2011..In addition, all of them showed evidence of genetic influence by the 13(th) century CE Mongol Empire. Ultimately, the social and cultural traditions of the Kazakhs shaped their current pattern of genetic variation...
- Decrypting the mitochondrial gene pool of modern PanamaniansUgo A Perego
Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38337. 2012..To evaluate if modern Panamanians have retained a larger fraction of the native pre-Columbian gene pool in their maternally-inherited mitochondrial genome, DNA samples and historical records were collected from more ..
- The genetic legacy of Paleolithic Homo sapiens sapiens in extant Europeans: a Y chromosome perspectiveO Semino
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Science 290:1155-9. 2000..compatible with two Paleolithic and one Neolithic migratory episode that have contributed to the modern European gene pool. A significant correlation between the NRY haplotype data and principal components based on 95 protein markers ..
- Tracing European founder lineages in the Near Eastern mtDNA poolM Richards
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford and Department of Biology, University College London, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 67:1251-76. 2000....
- Russian ethnic history inferred from mitochondrial DNA diversityIrina Morozova
Human Genetics Laboratory, Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 119991, Russia
Am J Phys Anthropol 147:341-51. 2012..Based on analysis of the mitochondrial gene pool geographic structure, we have identified three different elements in it and a vast "intermediate" zone between ..
- QTL mapping of yield-associated traits in Brassica juncea: meta-analysis and epistatic interactions using two different crosses between east European and Indian gene pool linesSatish Kumar Yadava
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi, 110021, India
Theor Appl Genet 125:1553-64. 2012..Some of the loci interacted with more than one locus indicating the presence of higher order epistatic interactions. These findings provided some detailed insight into the genetic architecture of the yield-associated traits in B. juncea...
- HAPLOPOOL: improving haplotype frequency estimation through DNA pools and phylogenetic modelingBonnie Kirkpatrick
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, UC Berkeley, CA, USA
Bioinformatics 23:3048-55. 2007..In contrast to previous methods, HaploPool performs well with missing data, genotyping errors and long haplotype blocks (of between 5 and 25 SNPs)...
- The western and eastern roots of the Saami--the story of genetic "outliers" told by mitochondrial DNA and Y chromosomesKristiina Tambets
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu and Estonian Biocentre, Tartu, Estonia
Am J Hum Genet 74:661-82. 2004..In particular, no evidence of a significant directional gene flow from extant aboriginal Siberian populations into the haploid gene pools of the Saami was found...
- Saturation of an intra-gene pool linkage map: towards a unified consensus linkage map for fine mapping and synteny analysis in common beanCarlos H Galeano
Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems, Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, KU Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e28135. 2011..In this study, we saturated the linkage map of the intra-gene pool population of common bean DOR364 × BAT477 (DB) by evaluating 2,706 molecular markers including SSR, SNP, and ..
- Haplotype structure at seven barley genes: relevance to gene pool bottlenecks, phylogeny of ear type and site of barley domesticationBenjamin Kilian
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Carl von Linne Weg, 10, 50829, Koeln, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 276:230-41. 2006....
- PoooL: an efficient method for estimating haplotype frequencies from large DNA poolsHan Zhang
Department of Statistics and Finance, University of Science and Technology of China, Anhui, Taiwan
Bioinformatics 24:1942-8. 2008..However, method for estimating haplotype frequencies from large DNA pools has not been available due to computational complexity involved...
- Beans in Europe: origin and structure of the European landraces of Phaseolus vulgaris LS A Angioi
Dipartimento di Scienze Agronomiche e Genetica Vegetale Agraria, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via de Nicola, 07100, Sassari, Italy
Theor Appl Genet 121:829-43. 2010..vulgaris. Finally, we outline the relevance of these inter-gene pool hybrids for plant breeding.
- Extracting samples of high diversity from thematic collections of large gene banks using a genetic-distance based approachMarco Pessoa-Filho
Departamento de Biologia Celular, IB Universidade de Brasília Campus Universitário Darcy Ribeiro, Asa Norte, CEP 70910 900, Brasilia DF, Brazil
BMC Plant Biol 10:127. 2010..of potential users to samples of small sizes, representative of the genetic variability contained within the gene pool of a specific crop...
- The history of African gene flow into Southern Europeans, Levantines, and JewsPriya Moorjani
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1001373. 2011..For the Jewish admixture, we obtain an average estimated date of about 72 generations. This may reflect descent of these groups from a common ancestral population that already had some African ancestry prior to the Jewish Diasporas...
- Forest refugia revisited: nSSRs and cpDNA sequences support historical isolation in a wide-spread African tree with high colonization capacity, Milicia excelsa (Moraceae)Kasso Daïnou
Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, University of Liege, 2 Passage des Deportes, 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Mol Ecol 19:4462-77. 2010..The decline of genetic diversity detected in some Gabonese populations could be a consequence of the relatively recent establishment of a closed canopy forest, which could negatively affect M. excelsa's reproductive system...
- The molecular dissection of mtDNA haplogroup H confirms that the Franco-Cantabrian glacial refuge was a major source for the European gene poolAlessandro Achilli
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 75:910-8. 2004..The survey revealed that the previously reported excess of H among these families is caused entirely by H3 and is due to a major, probably nonrecent, founder event...
- Genetic evidence for an East Asian origin of domestic dogsPeter Savolainen
Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Science 298:1610-3. 2002..phylogenetic groups universally represented at similar frequencies, suggesting a common origin from a single gene pool for all dog populations...
- Identification of the sources of error in allele frequency estimations from pooled DNA indicates an optimal experimental designB J Barratt
JDRF WT Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2XY, UK
Ann Hum Genet 66:393-405. 2002..In this way further savings in efficiency may be possible by using pooled allele frequency estimates to infer haplotype frequencies and hence, allele frequencies at untyped markers...
- High-resolution phylogenetic analysis of southeastern Europe traces major episodes of paternal gene flow among Slavic populationsMarijana Pericic
Institute for Anthropological Research, Amruseva 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Mol Biol Evol 22:1964-75. 2005..R1b) comprise more than 70% of SEE total genetic variation is consistent with the typical European Y chromosome gene pool. However, distribution of major Y chromosomal lineages and estimated expansion signals clarify the specific role ..
- Microsatellite diversity and genetic structure among common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) landraces in Brazil, a secondary center of diversityMarília Lobo Burle
Section of Crop and Ecosystem Sciences, Department of Plant Sciences MS1, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8780, USA
Theor Appl Genet 121:801-13. 2010..Andean and Mesoamerican gene pools were both present but the latter gene pool was four times more frequent than the former...
- On the use of DNA pooling to estimate haplotype frequenciesShuang Wang
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
Genet Epidemiol 24:74-82. 2003..We find that the DNA pooling of two individuals can be more cost-effective than individual genotypings, especially when a large number of haplotype systems are studied...
- Disuniting uniformity: a pied cladistic canvas of mtDNA haplogroup H in EurasiaEva Liis Loogväli
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu and Estonian Biocentre, Tartu, Estonia
Mol Biol Evol 21:2012-21. 2004....
- Association testing by DNA pooling: an effective initial screenAruna Bansal
SEQUENOM Gemini Ltd, 162 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0GH England
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16871-4. 2002..These findings clearly demonstrate the potential of pooling techniques and their associated technologies as an initial screen in the search for genetic associations...
- Gene pool variation and phylogenetic relationships of an indigenous northeast Italian grapevine collection revealed by nuclear and chloroplast SSRsMarzia Salmaso
Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Production, Agripolis, University of Padova, Viale Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro, Padova, Italy
Genome 51:838-55. 2008..many specific haplotypes for the local varieties due to a past contribution of wild grapevine to the cultivated gene pool. The majority of investigated cultivars were demonstrated to constitute an independent source of genetic ..
- Recombination strategies and evolutionary dynamics of the Human enterovirus A global gene poolAlexander N Lukashev
Chumakov Institute of Poliomyelitis and Viral Encephalitides, Moscow, Russia
J Gen Virol 95:868-73. 2014..In contrast to earlier observations, recombination between VP1 and 2C genome regions was not more frequent than between 2C and 3D regions. ..
- Asymmetry of gene flow and differential geographical structure of molecular diversity in wild and domesticated common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) from MesoamericaR Papa
Department of Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8515, USA
Theor Appl Genet 106:239-50. 2003..domesticated bean races were genetically similar confirming a single domestication event for the Mesoamerican gene pool. Finally, the genetic diversity of the domesticated bean population showed a lower level of geographic structure ..
- A back migration from Asia to sub-Saharan Africa is supported by high-resolution analysis of human Y-chromosome haplotypesFulvio Cruciani
Dipartimenti di Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 70:1197-214. 2002..Phylogeographic analyses suggest that a large component of the present Khoisan gene pool is eastern African in origin and that Asia was the source of a back migration to sub-Saharan Africa...
- Genetic variation in Mediterranean Helichrysum italicum (Asteraceae; Gnaphalieae): do disjunct populations of subsp. microphyllum have a common origin?M Galbany-Casals
Departament de Biologia Animal, Biologia Vegetal i Ecologia, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 13:678-87. 2011..microphyllum has a common origin, constituting an independent gene pool from subsp. italicum, or if the morphological differences between subsp. microphyllum and subsp...
- Beta1,4-galactosyltransferase and lactose biosynthesis: recruitment of a housekeeping gene from the nonmammalian vertebrate gene pool for a mammary gland specific functionN L Shaper
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Cell Structure and Function Laboratory, Oncology Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 8937, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 3:315-24. 1998..In step two, this truncated transcript is translated more efficiently, relative to the major transcript expressed in all other somatic tissues...
- Molecular analysis of the parallel domestication of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Mesoamerica and the AndesElena Bitocchi
Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie, Alimentari ed Ambientali, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Brecce Bianche, 60131, Ancona, Italy
New Phytol 197:300-13. 2013..Furthermore, these data highlight a single domestication event within each gene pool. Although the findings should be interpreted with caution, this evidence indicates the Oaxaca valley in ..
- Extending the rapeseed gene pool with resynthesized Brassica napus II: HeterosisAndreas Girke
Norddeutsche Pflanzenzucht Hans Georg Lembke KG, Inselstrasse 15, 23999, Malchow Poel, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 124:1017-26. 2012..Therefore, the use of resynthesized Brassica napus as a distant gene pool was investigated...
- [Structure of the gene pool of eastern Ukrainians from Y-chromosome haplogroups]V N Khar'kov
Institute of Medical Genetics, Tomsk Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk, 634050 Russia
Genetika 40:415-21. 2004..The major haplogroup in the Ukrainian gene pool, haplogroup R1a1 (earlier designated HG3), accounted for about 44% of all Y chromosomes in the sample examined...
- Major east-west division underlies Y chromosome stratification across IndonesiaTatiana M Karafet
ARL Division of Biotechnology, University of Arizona, AZ, USA
Mol Biol Evol 27:1833-44. 2010..We find that the paternal gene pool is sharply subdivided between western and eastern locations, with a boundary running between the islands of Bali ..
- Genetic diversity, seed size associations and population structure of a core collection of common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)Matthew W Blair
Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical CIAT, Apartado Aereo 6713, Cali, Colombia, South America
Theor Appl Genet 119:955-72. 2009....
- Similarities and distinctions in Y chromosome gene pool of Western SlavsMarcin Wozniak
Institute of Molecular and Forensic Genetics, Collegium Medicum of the Nicolaus Copernicus University, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Am J Phys Anthropol 142:540-8. 2010..The observed Y chromosome diversity may be explained by taking into consideration archeological and historical data regarding early Slav migrations...
- Grafting versus seed propagated apricot populations: two main gene pools in Tunisia evidenced by SSR markers and model-based Bayesian clusteringHedia Bourguiba
INRA, UR1052 Génétique et Amélioration des Fruits et Légumes, Domaine Saint Maurice, 84143 Montfavet, France
Genetica 138:1023-32. 2010..Our findings support the assumption that grafting and seed propagated apricots shared the same origin...
- mtDNA and the origin of the Icelanders: deciphering signals of recent population historyA Helgason
Institute of Biological Anthropology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6QS, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 66:999-1016. 2000..suggesting that founder effects and genetic drift may have had a considerable influence on the Icelandic gene pool. This is in accordance with available demographic evidence about Icelandic population history...
- A populationwide coalescent analysis of Icelandic matrilineal and patrilineal genealogies: evidence for a faster evolutionary rate of mtDNA lineages than Y chromosomesAgnar Helgason
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Am J Hum Genet 72:1370-88. 2003..information and to examine the recent evolutionary history of mtDNA and Y-chromosome haplotypes in the Icelandic gene pool, we traced the matrilineal and patrilineal ancestry of all 131,060 Icelanders born after 1972 back to two ..
- Structure of genetic diversity in the two major gene pools of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L., Fabaceae)Myounghai Kwak
Department of Plant Sciences MS1, Section of Crop and Ecosystem Sciences, University of California, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616 8780, USA
Theor Appl Genet 118:979-92. 2009....
- Sex gene pool evolution and speciation: a new paradigmR S Singh
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Genes Genet Syst 75:119-30. 2000..for the involvement of novel traits/genes in sexual functions, and (5) a proposed sex/non-sex dichotomy of the gene pool affecting viability versus fertility...
- Human mitochondrial DNA diversity in an archaeological site in al-Andalus: genetic impact of migrations from North Africa in medieval SpainMaría José Casas
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Am J Phys Anthropol 131:539-51. 2006..The present day Priego sample is more similar to the current south Iberian population than to the medieval sample from the same area. The increased gene flow in modern times could be the main cause of this difference...
- Broad-sense sexual selection, sex gene pool evolution, and speciationA Civetta
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Genome 42:1033-41. 1999....
- Female gene pools of Berber and Arab neighboring communities in central Tunisia: microstructure of mtDNA variation in North AfricaLotfi Cherni
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Immunology, and Biotechnology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, University of Tunis, El Manar II 1060, Tunisia
Hum Biol 77:61-70. 2005..It is therefore doubtful that this picture truly represents the complex historical demography of the region rather than being just the result of the type of samplings performed so far...
- Nuclear calcium signaling controls expression of a large gene pool: identification of a gene program for acquired neuroprotection induced by synaptic activitySheng Jia Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS Genet 5:e1000604. 2009..The nuclear calcium-regulated gene pool contains a genomic program that mediates synaptic activity-induced, acquired neuroprotection...
- Ancient DNA provides new insights into the history of south Siberian Kurgan peopleChristine Keyser
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Moléculaire, Institut de Medecine Legale, Universite de Strasbourg, 11 rue Humann, 67085, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Hum Genet 126:395-410. 2009..To the best of our knowledge, no equivalent molecular analysis has been undertaken so far...
- Adaptive drool in the gene poolJohn Novembre
Nat Genet 39:1188-90. 2007
- Virulence gene pool detected in bovine group C Streptococcus dysgalactiae subsp. dysgalactiae isolates by use of a group A S. pyogenes virulence microarrayMarcia G Rato
Centro de Recursos Microbiológicos, Departamento de Ciências da Vida, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Campus de Caparica, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Clin Microbiol 49:2470-9. 2011..Our findings indicate that alpha-hemolytic bovine GCS, an important mastitis pathogen and considered to be a nonhuman pathogen, carries important virulence factors responsible for virulence and pathogenesis in humans...
- DNA pooling as a tool for large-scale association studies in complex traitsNadine Norton
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Ann Med 36:146-52. 2004..Here, we consider the main points in study design, and illustrate the application of pooling using psychiatric phenotypes as an example...
- Extensive diversity and inter-genepool introgression in a world-wide collection of indeterminate snap bean accessionsMatthew W Blair
CIAT, International Center for Tropical Agriculture, 6713, Cali, Colombia
Theor Appl Genet 120:1381-91. 2010..5%) and phaseolins "T" and "C" in the Mesoamerican group (12.2 and 8.2%, respectively). The implications of these results on the origin of pole type snap beans and on breeding strategies for this horticultural crop are discussed...
- Phylogeographic structure of the chloroplast DNA gene pool in North American Boechera--a genus and continental-wide perspectiveChristiane Kiefer
Heidelberg Institute of Plant Sciences, Department Biodiversity and Plant Systematics, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 345, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:303-11. 2009..Hence, the chloroplast gene pool in Boechera predates speciation and therefore justifies the simultaneous analysis of a large number of taxa...
- Two-stage designs in case-control association analysisYijun Zuo
Department of Statistics and Probability, Michigan State University, Michigan 48824, USA
Genetics 173:1747-60. 2006..The general conclusions hold whether the second stage uses an entirely independent sample or includes both the samples used in the first stage and an independent set of samples...
- Construction of a gamete-enriched gene pool and RNAi-mediated functional analysis in Dictyostelium discoideumTetsuya Muramoto
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba shi 305 8572, Japan
Mech Dev 120:965-75. 2003..RNAi-mediated silencing as well as disruption of gmsA reduced the cellular competency for sexual cell fusion, indicating the involvement of this gene in the sexual development of D. discoideum...
- The influenza virus gene pool in a poultry market in South central chinaMing Liu
Virology Division, Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Virology 305:267-75. 2003..A single H4N6 isolate caused disease and systemic spread in chickens. These findings show that quail are broadly susceptible to different subtypes of influenza A virus...
- Exploring the microbial biodegradation and biotransformation gene poolTeca Calcagno Galvão
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus de Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Trends Biotechnol 23:497-506. 2005..However, it is clear that the vastness of information to be obtained requires astute experimental strategies for finding novel reactions...
- Sequencing and analysis of Neanderthal genomic DNAJames P Noonan
U S Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute, 2800 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, USA
Science 314:1113-8. 2006..This initial analysis of the Neanderthal genome advances our understanding of the evolutionary relationship of Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis and signifies the dawn of Neanderthal genomics...
- Using molecular markers to assess the effect of introgression on quantitative attributes of common bean in the Andean gene poolF M Amirul Islam
Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Australia, 6009, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Theor Appl Genet 108:243-52. 2004..Of the two major common bean gene pools, the Andean gene pool seems to have a narrow genetic base, with about 10% of the accessions in the CIAT core collection presenting ..
- Human mitochondrial DNA sequence variation in the Moroccan population of the Souss areaZ Brakez
, , , Agadir, Morocco
Ann Hum Biol 28:295-307. 2001BACKGROUND: Various populations have contributed to the present-day gene pool of Morocco, including the autochthonous Berber population, Phoenicians, Sephardic Jews, Bedouin Arabs and sub-Saharan Africans...
- Estimating Scandinavian and Gaelic ancestry in the male settlers of IcelandA Helgason
Institute of Biological Anthropology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6QS, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 67:697-717. 2000..This supports the model, put forward by some historians, that the majority of females in the Icelandic founding population had Gaelic ancestry, whereas the majority of males had Scandinavian ancestry...
- Microsatellite characterization of Andean races of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)M W Blair
Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical CIAT, Apartado Aereo 6713, Cali, Colombia
Theor Appl Genet 116:29-43. 2007The Andean gene pool of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L...
- Genetic diversity, inter-gene pool introgression and nutritional quality of common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) from Central AfricaMatthew W Blair
Bean Project, International Center for Tropical Agriculture Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical, Cali, Colombia
Theor Appl Genet 121:237-48. 2010..American) genotypes with 32 landraces and 6 varieties intermediate between the gene pools and representing inter-gene pool introgression in terms of seed characteristics and alleles...
- High-resolution analysis of human Y-chromosome variation shows a sharp discontinuity and limited gene flow between northwestern Africa and the Iberian PeninsulaE Bosch
Unitat de Biologia Evolutiva, , Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Hum Genet 68:1019-29. 2001..an Upper Paleolithic colonization that probably had its origin in eastern Africa contributed 75% of the current gene pool. In comparison, approximately 78% of contemporary Iberian Y chromosomes originated in an Upper Paleolithic ..
- [The population gene pool of Yakutia: cartographic analysis based on the polymorphism of immune and biochemical markers]A N Evsiukov
Genetika 41:1406-18. 2005The gene pool of the indigenous population of Sakha Republic (Yakutia) has been studied within the borders of this republic coinciding with the main area of Yakuts, which was formed by the end of the 19th century and have remained stable ..
- Discovery of nucleotide polymorphisms in the Musa gene pool by EcotillingBradley J Till
FAO IAEA Agricultural and Biotechnology Laboratory, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria
Theor Appl Genet 121:1381-9. 2010..We conclude that Ecotilling is suitable for diversity studies in Musa, that it can be considered for functional genomics studies and as tool in selecting germplasm for traditional and mutation breeding approaches...
- MtDNA variation in the Altai-Kizhi population of southern Siberia: a synthesis of genetic variationChristine Phillips-Krawczak
Genetics Program, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Hum Biol 78:477-94. 2006..The findings underscore the importance of sampling strategy in the reconstruction of evolutionary history at the population level...
- Anthropology and genetics of the caucasus peoples and the problem of the origin of the caucasoidsA F Nazarova
Institute of Ecology and Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Anthropol Anz 66:51-66. 2008....
- Africanization in the United States: replacement of feral European honeybees (Apis mellifera L.) by an African hybrid swarmM Alice Pinto
Department of Entomology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2475, USA
Genetics 170:1653-65. 2005..m. scutellata and European genes within 5 years after Africanization. The post-Africanization gene pool (1998-2001) was composed of a diverse array of recombinant classes with a substantial European genetic ..
- A DNA pooling strategy for family-based association studiesWen Chung Lee
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:958-62. 2005..90 with approximately 1 of 16 or fewer efforts compared with individual genotyping. The pooling method described in this article provides a tradeoff between genotyping efforts and subject recruitment efforts...
- Mitochondrial DNA variation in Jordanians and their genetic relationship to other Middle East populationsAna M Gonzalez
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Ann Hum Biol 35:212-31. 2008..Although some mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) studies have been carried out in this region, they have not included the Jordan area. This paper deals with the mtDNA composition of two Jordan populations...
- Genetic differentiation in South Amerindians is related to environmental and cultural diversity: evidence from the Y chromosomeE Tarazona-Santos
, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Hum Genet 68:1485-96. 2001..large effective sizes and gene-flow levels among them, which has created a trend toward homogenization of the gene pool. On the other hand, eastern populations-settled in the Amazonian region, the central Brazilian plateau, and the ..
- Hemoglobin variants, hematological parameters and beta-globin gene cluster haplotypes in an isolated Amerindian group from the Orinoco River DeltaAnabel Arends
Laboratorio de Investigación de Hemoglobinas Anormales, Servicio de Hematología Dr Tulio Arends Hospital Universitario de Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
Ann Hum Biol 35:250-5. 2008..Several previous studies reported that the Venezuelan Warao Indians presented unusual genetic characteristics...
- Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and control subjectsM Saadat
Kidney Int 70:1374-5; author reply 1375. 2006
- Northwest Siberian Khanty and Mansi in the junction of West and East Eurasian gene pools as revealed by uniparental markersVille N Pimenoff
Department of Forensic Medicine, Laboratory of Forensic Biology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1254-64. 2008..This admixture indicates that the Khanty and Mansi populations have resided in the contact zone of genetically distinguishable eastern and western Eurasia...
- [Evaluation of the state of the gene pool of natural populations of vertebrate animals inhabiting the fragmented landscape of Moscow and Moscow district (with special reference to brown frogs)]V M Makeeva
Genetika 42:628-42. 2006..and R. temporaria L. (16 populations, seven isozyme loci) were used. An evaluation of the gene pool state in urban frog populations has shown that the diversity in the Moscow frog populations was lower than that ..
- Islands inside an island: reproductive isolates on Jerba islandBesma Yacoubi Loueslati
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Immunology and Biotechnology, University of Sciences of Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia
Am J Hum Biol 18:149-53. 2006....
- [Allozyme polymorphism of Swiss stone pine Pinus cembra L. in mountainous populations of the Alps and the Eastern Carpathians]M M Belokon'
Genetika 41:1538-51. 2005..forests in Holocene, caused by the global climatic changes and the anthropogenic impact, is hazardous for the gene pool of the species. The maintenance of genetic uniqueness of both Carpathian populations of P...
- Y chromosome variation in Europe: continental and local processes in the formation of the extant gene poolAndrea Novelletto
Department of Biology, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Ann Hum Biol 34:139-72. 2007..male-specific portion of the Y chromosome has been increasingly used to describe the composition of the European gene pool and to reconstruct its formation...
- [African DNA lineages in mitochondrial gene pool of Europeans]B A Maliarchuk
Mol Biol (Mosk) 39:806-12. 2005....
- Population genetic analysis of cat populations from Mexico, Colombia, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic: identification of different gene pools in Latin AmericaManuel Ruiz-Garcia
Unidad de Genetica Genetica de Poblaciones Biologia Evolutiva, Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cra 7a No 43 82, Bogota DC, Colombia
J Genet 84:147-71. 2005..Our analyses clearly support the view that the current genetic profiles and structuring of cat populations in Latin America can be largely explained by the historical migration patterns of humans...
- [Analysis of polymorphism at nine nuclear genome DNA loci in maris]V L Akhmetova
Genetika 42:256-73. 2006..The indices of mean heterozygosity, Hs = 0.455, and interpopulation differentiation, FST = 0.0024, for the Mari gene pool were obtained using a set of DNA markers analyzed...
- An mtDNA perspective of French genetic variationChrystelle Richard
Laboratoire d Etude du Polymorphisme de l ADN, Faculte de Medecine, Nantes, France
Ann Hum Biol 34:68-79. 2007..The French has been insufficiently characterized so far for mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) diversity...
- Founder effect with variable age at onset in Arab families with Lafora disease and EPM2A mutationCristina Gomez-Abad
Neurology Service, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Epilepsia 48:1011-4. 2007..We observed three apparently unrelated and geographically separate Arab families with Lafora disease in Israel and the Palestinian territories...
- Clustering humans: on biological boundariesLudovica Lorusso
Department of Philosophy, via 8 Febbraio, 2 35122 Padova, Italy
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 39:163-70. 2008..That is, we conclude that boundaries and clusters among humans depend on our way of considering nature. Concepts of 'race' and 'ethnic group' are discussed too, since they are the most used clusters among humans...
- The HLA locus and multiple sclerosis in SicilyD Brassat
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0435, USA
Neurology 64:361-3. 2005..Sicilian patients share the HLA-DRB1*1501 susceptibility allele with affected living in continental Italy, but also display the allelic heterogeneity that characterizes Mediterranean populations...
- A molecular survey of phenylketonuria in Iceland: identification of a founding mutation and evidence of predominant Norse settlementP Guldberg
John F Kennedy Institute, Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 5:376-81. 1997..the Vikings brought with them Celtic slaves, the relative contribution of these peoples to the modern Icelandic gene pool has been a matter of considerable discussion...
- High-resolution analysis of Y-chromosomal polymorphisms reveals signatures of population movements from Central Asia and West Asia into IndiaN Mukherjee
Anthropology and Human Genetics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, B.T. Road, Kolkata 700 108, India
J Genet 80:125-35. 2001..that West Asia and Central Asia have been the two major geographical sources of genes in the contemporary Indian gene pool. To test the nature and extent of similarities in the gene pools of these regions we have collected DNA samples ..
- Y chromosome evidence for Anglo-Saxon mass migrationMichael E Weale
The Centre for Genetic Anthropology, Departments of Biology and Anthropology, University College London, University of London, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 19:1008-21. 2002..gene flow, we conclude that these striking patterns are best explained by a substantial migration of Anglo-Saxon Y chromosomes into Central England (contributing 50%-100% to the gene pool at that time) but not into North Wales.
- Genetic heterogeneity of Apo CII locus in north IndiaPuneet Pal Singh
Department of Human Biology, Punjabi University, Patiala, India
Anthropol Anz 60:161-7. 2002..The average heterozygosity of the Punjabi populations was 0.208. The gene diversity among these population groups was less than 0.1%...
- Genetic differentiation in the winter pine processionary moth (Thaumetopoea pityocampa--wilkinsoni complex), inferred by AFLP and mitochondrial DNA markersPaola Salvato
Dipartimento di Agronomia Ambientale e Produzioni Vegetali Entomologia, Agripolis, Universita di Padova, Via Romea 16 35020 Legnaro PD Italy
Mol Ecol 11:2435-44. 2002....
- Historical genetics: spatiotemporal analysis of the formation of the Brazilian populationSidia M Callegari-Jacques
Departamento de Estatistica, Instituto de Matemática, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Campus do Vale, 91540 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Am J Hum Biol 15:824-34. 2003..A north-south trend of increasing European contribution was also found, in agreement with the history of the Brazilian population...
- Mitochondrial portraits of the Madeira and Açores archipelagos witness different genetic pools of its settlersAntonio Brehm
Human Genetics Laboratory, Centre of Macaronesian Studies, University of Madeira, Campus of Penteada, 9000 Funchal, Portugal
Hum Genet 114:77-86. 2003..Nevertheless the recorded introduction of Canary native Guanches, who are characterized by the presence of particular sub-clade U6b1, has left no detectable imprints in the present day population of Madeira...
- Spatial patterns of mitochondrial and nuclear gene pools in chamois (Rupicapra r. rupicapra) from the Eastern AlpsH Schaschl
Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology, Veterinary Medicine University of Vienna, Savoyenstrasse 1, A 1160 Vienna, Austria
Heredity (Edinb) 91:125-35. 2003..rupicapra) from 19 regional samples in the Eastern Alps, to estimate the degree and patterns of spatial gene pool differentiation, and their possible causes...
- High-throughput screening for evidence of association by using mass spectrometry genotyping on DNA poolsKaren L Mohlke
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16928-33. 2002..Based on these data and assuming pools of 500 individuals, we conclude that at significance level 0.05 we would have 95% (82%) power to detect population allele frequency differences of 0.07 for control allele frequencies of 0.10 (0.50)...
- Mapping of an immotile short tail sperm defect in the Finnish Yorkshire on porcine Chromosome 16Anu I Sironen
MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Animal Production Research, Animal Breeding, FIN 31600 Jokioinen, Finland
Mamm Genome 13:45-9. 2002..Furthermore, future fine mapping may reveal a more precise population-wide associated haplotype and facilitate identification of a new gene affecting sperm tail development...
- The origin of the isolated population of the Faroe Islands investigated using Y chromosomal markersTove H Jorgensen
Institute for Basic Psychiatric Research, Department of Psychiatric Demography, Aarhus University Hospital, Skovagervej 2, 8240, Aarhus, Denmark
Hum Genet 115:19-28. 2004..Diversity measures and estimates of effective population sizes also suggest that the original gene pool of the settlers have been influenced by random genetic drift, thus complicating direct comparisons with other ..
- Mitochondrial DNA variation in the aboriginal populations of the Altai-Baikal region: implications for the genetic history of North Asia and AmericaIlia A Zakharov
Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119991 Russia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1011:21-35. 2004..Turkic-speaking nations of Siberia and Central Asia, as well as the Buryats, have types A, B, C, and D in their gene pool. The highest total frequency of these types is observed in the Tuvinians and Sojots...
- Application of pooled genotyping to scan candidate regions for association with HDL cholesterol levelsDavid A Hinds
Perlegen Sciences, 2021 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Hum Genomics 1:421-34. 2004..Our study is among the first to demonstrate the application of pooled genotyping followed by confirmation with individual genotyping to identify genetic determinants of a complex trait...
- Mitochondrial DNA analysis reveals substantial Native American ancestry in Puerto RicoJ C Martinez-Cruzado
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez 00681 9012, USA
Hum Biol 73:491-511. 2001To estimate the maternal contribution of Native Americans to the human gene pool of Puerto Ricans--a population of mixed African, European, and Amerindian ancestry--the mtDNAs of two sample sets were screened for restriction fragment ..
- [Gene pool of pig breeds in southern region of Ukraine as determined from immunogenetic parameters]V V Gerasimenko
Genetika 40:1200-8. 2004..The high level of gene diversity was revealed and the degree of genetic similarity between the studied breeds was estimated...
- T2DM Obesity in Mexican Pimas: Gene-Environment InteractionsLeslie O Schulz; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Pimas. Since the U.S. and Mexican Pimas share a similar gene pool we concluded that even in populations genetically prone to T2DM and obesity, their development is determined ..
- Roche 454 Genome Sequencer FLXRichard B Markham; Fiscal Year: 2010..All of these studies have in common the need to detect either rare mutations in a large and diverse gene pool or mutations in a large genome that account for a distinct phenotype...
- H. PYLORI INFECTION AND GI DISEASE IN ALASKA NATIVESDouglas Berg; Fiscal Year: 2003..In these experiments they will (a) test the view that the Alaska Native Hp gene pool is far less diverse than that in other human populations, (b) learn whether Hp from some regions or linguistic/..
- Identify neuroendocrine genes that are vulnerable to chronic psychological stressHong Wei Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..These candidate genes will be pre-selected from (1) the candidate gene pool generated in Specific Aim 1 and (2) the online gene expression database-the Allen Brain Atlas (ABA)...
- TOGAVIRUS--VECTOR INTERACTIONSThomas Scott; Fiscal Year: 1992..rapid virus dissemination within the mosquito and transmission to vertebrates, and 2) act to alter the virus gene pool during vector infection...
- ESTABLISHMENT OF A CHIMPANZEE BREEDING/RESEARCH PROGRAMThomas Rowell; Fiscal Year: 2000..mating system of harem breeder groups with a single proven male, and the implementation of procedures to insure gene pool diversity...
- REGULATION OF X-CHROMOSOME EXPRESSION IN MAMMALSVERNE CHAPMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..strategies draw upon using X-chromosome gene variation we have recovered from a wide sampling of the mouse gene pool to follow the expression of specific X chromosomes...
- Analysis of P. aeruginosa genome diversity and evolutionStephen Lory; Fiscal Year: 2007..The project will test the hypothesis that unlike most strains of P. aeruginosa, the flexible gene pool of strains that are capable of colonizing patients with CF, consists of a specific repertoire of genes encoded ..
- HUMAN HEREDITY IN AMERICAN POPULAR CULTUREDorothy Nelkin; Fiscal Year: 1993..the investigator's attention on five themes: "blood relations," biological determinism, concerns about the gene pool, fears of tampering with the sanctity of life, and moral evaluation of genetic traits...
- GENETIC DIVERSITY AND COMPLEX TRAITS IN S CEREVISIAEJOHN MCCUSKER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will tell us how an opportunistic pathogen has emerged from the gene pool of a harmless saprophyte...
- NEW APPROACHES TO THE CONTROL OF INFLUENZARobert Webster; Fiscal Year: 1999..evidence that genes from influenza virus that have affected humans in the past are probably maintained in the gene pool in nature and there is a history of reappearance of human influenza viruses (e.g., H1N1)...
- Plasmid Biology 2002 SymposiumSaleem Khan; Fiscal Year: 2002..of plasmid biology such as their replication and maintenance, transfer, their role as a source of horizontal gene pool, including antibiotic resistance and virulence genes, involvement in bacterial pathogenicity, and evolution and ..
- HUMAN DNA POLYMORPHISM AND EVOLUTIONWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2001..The former view implies that non-African archaic humans contributed nothing or little to the current human gene pool whereas the latter view predicts a genetic continuity in at least some parts of the world...
- Candidate Gene(s) for Pigeon AtherosclerosisSamuel Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..the probability of finding the genetic difference related to atherosclerosis by decreasing the size of the gene pool which must be examined...
- Comparative Genomics of Lyme Disease SpirochetesSherwood Casjens; Fiscal Year: 2004..this information to study a larger panel of independent strain isolates to understand the nature of the plasmid gene pool in the Lyme disease Borreliae, as well as to understand the relative rates of the "rapid evolution" (above), ..
- DNA packaging and delivery by dsDNA virusesSherwood Casjens; Fiscal Year: 2007..The aims of the project will be pursued through a combination of genetic, biochemical, biophysical and structural analysis strategies. ..
- Y CHROMOSOME EVOLUTION AND MODERN HUMAN ORIGINSMichael Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Identification of Genes for ESRD in African AmericansWen Hong Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will provide key insights into the genetic control of susceptibility of ESRD [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Longevity and Age-Sensitive Traits in MiceRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY AND GENETICS OF THE MAIZE LEAFMichael Freeling; Fiscal Year: 2001..We are elucidating a molecular genetic basis for heterochrony, the prevailing theory that links evolution with developmental biology. ..
- Anemia and Its Relationship with Sarcopenia, Physical Function, and MortalityZhao Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study has a great potential to provide new and critical evidence that is needed for preventing and managing anemia in older women from different health, age and ethnic backgrounds. ..
- PPK: Radiation Response and Cell ProliferationPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Large-Scale Low-Cost Genotyping for the Haplotype MapKelly Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. 2.25 million SNPs in 270 samples, plus 15 duplicates and 3 blanks) within one year, at the cost and quality specified by the HapMap Project, is well within our capacity. ..
- Evolutionary Conserved Sequences in the Human GenomeKelly Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of West Nile virus gene expressionTheo Dreher; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our studies will also be applicable to other flaviviruses for which there is at present no vaccine, including dengue virus. ..
- IDENTIFYING NIDDM GENES USING ADMIXED POPULATIONSMark Shriver; Fiscal Year: 2001..They will verify any positive associations found using sib-pair linkage analysis and the transmission disequilibrium test. ..
- Integrative genetic approaches to AtherosclerosisAldons Jake Lusis; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 3 we utilize a series of transgenic/knockout models to test the role of genes at the locus and to validate findings from Aims 1 and 2. ..
- INTRA-ABDOMINAL FAT AND RISK OF DISEASE IN ADOLESCENTSMichael Goran; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Longitudinal Changes in Hip Geometry and Skeletal MuscleZhao Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Reading disability QTLs: pooled DNA on microarraysRobert Plomin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Identifying genes associated with reading disability will eventually lead to better diagnoses, individually tailored treatments, and interventions that can prevent the development of reading disability. ..
- Simulation algorithms for genome-wide data and application to admixed dataJeffrey Wall; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will also help us determine the marker density and sample size needed for future association studies. ..
- Pathways to Mutagenesis in vivo and in Stem CellsPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2009..This experiment should provide evidence for or against the "top down" model of colon cancer that has been proposed. ..
- Genetic Analysis of the Diabetes-Prone C57BLKS StrainAldons Lusis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will provide an enhanced understanding of the mechanisms of obesity-induced diabetes. ..
- Neural Calcium Channels-Regulation and FunctionDiane Lipscombe; Fiscal Year: 2009..2. This novel interaction is likely to mediate coupling of the CaV2.2 channel to the synaptic release machinery (aim 3). ..
- Environmental Mutagen Society 38th Annual MeetingPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Lipoproteins in Afro-Caribbean FamiliesIva Miljkovic Gacic; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our long-term goal is to dissect the genetic architecture of traditional and nuclear magnetic spectroscopy (NMR) measured lipoprotein phenotypes in extended, multi-generational families of African heritage. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORIGINS OF VARIANCE IN THE OLD-OLD--OCTOGENARIAN TWINSGerald McClearn; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETICS OF AGE SENSITIVE TRAITS IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..At best, the program may permit the localization of loci that influence multiple age-sensitive domains and are thus plausible candidates for genes that regulate the rate of aging per se. ..
- Genetic Association in Austism DisorderKelly Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of autism-associated genetic markers will allow the development of diagnostic tools to identify individuals with high risk of developing autism, and could ultimately lead to therapeutic breakthroughs. ..
- Nutritional/Inflammatory Evaluation of Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CONSTRUCTION AND APPLICATION OF A US ADMIXTURE MAPMark Shriver; Fiscal Year: 2006..From simulation studies, we estimate that about 1000 AIMs will be required for genome-wide mapping with two-way admixture, and about 1500 for admixture between three populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Upstream ORFs: A general strategy for virus attenuationTheo Dreher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Selective Breeding for Insulin Growth Factor 1 in MiceGerald McClearn; Fiscal Year: 2006..Stability of these variables and their interrelationships will be determined by reassessment of the parent generation at 400 days of age. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Student and Postdoctoral Level Investigator Travel Awards at 2005 EMS MeetingPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Population genetic structure and bionomics of Anopheles lesteri in ChinaYajun Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..lesteri mosquitoes as well as the geographic variation of its bionomics. This information is particularly useful for the design of rational area-specific vector control methods. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Admixture Mapping to Identify T2DM Genes in African AmericansWen Hong Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC MARKERS AND ALCOHOL-RELATED BEHAVIOR IN MICEGerald McClearn; Fiscal Year: 2002....