Genomes and Genes
Summary: The phase of cell nucleus division following PROPHASE, when the breakdown of the NUCLEAR ENVELOPE occurs and the MITOTIC SPINDLE APPARATUS enters the nuclear region and attaches to the KINETOCHORES.
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- The spatial arrangement of chromosomes during prometaphase facilitates spindle assemblyValentin Magidson
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201 509, USA
Cell 146:555-67. 2011..data demonstrate that unstable lateral interactions between kinetochores and microtubules dominate during early prometaphase. These transient interactions lead to the reproducible arrangement of chromosomes in an equatorial ring on the ..
- Gamma-tubulin is required for bipolar spindle assembly and for proper kinetochore microtubule attachments during prometaphase I in Drosophila oocytesStacie E Hughes
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002209. 2011..b>Prometaphase I spindles in γtub37C mutant oocytes showed wide, non-tapered spindle poles and disrupted positioning...
- Heterochromatic threads connect oscillating chromosomes during prometaphase I in Drosophila oocytesStacie E Hughes
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000348. 2009..We observed that achiasmate homologs display dynamic movements on the meiotic spindle during mid-prometaphase. An analysis of living prometaphase oocytes revealed both the rejoining of achiasmate X chromosomes initially ..
- Mitotic progression becomes irreversible in prometaphase and collapses when Wee1 and Cdc25 are inhibitedTamara A Potapova
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:1191-206. 2011..By inhibiting Cdk chemically, we showed that, in prometaphase, when Cdk1 substrates approach the peak of their phosphorylation, cells become capable of proper M-to-G1 ..
- The spindle checkpoint protein Mad2 regulates APC/C activity during prometaphase and metaphase of meiosis I in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDai Tsuchiya
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:2848-61. 2011..most cells undergo both meiotic divisions, but securin, a substrate of the APC/C, is degraded prematurely, and prometaphase I/metaphase I is accelerated...
- Prometaphase APCcdh1 activity prevents non-disjunction in mammalian oocytesAlexandra Reis
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle, Newcastle NE2 4HH, UK
Nat Cell Biol 9:1192-8. 2007..APC(cdh1) was active first, during prometaphase I, and was needed in order to allow homologue congression, as loss of cdh1 speeded up MI, leading to premature ..
- APC/C(Cdc20) targets E2F1 for degradation in prometaphaseMelissa J Peart
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 9:3956-64. 2010..synchronization experiments showed that siRNA directed against Cdc20 induced an accumulation of E2F1 protein in prometaphase cells...
- Hec1-dependent cyclin B2 stabilization regulates the G2-M transition and early prometaphase in mouse oocytesLiming Gui
Mammalian Oocyte and Embryo Research Laboratory, Cell and Developmental Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Cell 25:43-54. 2013..These data identify another dimension to Hec1 function centered on M phase entry and early prometaphase progression and challenge the view that cyclin B2 is completely dispensable in mammals.
- Increased CDK1 activity determines the timing of kinetochore-microtubule attachments in meiosis IOlga Davydenko
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104
J Cell Biol 202:221-9. 2013..we show that during meiosis I, attachments are regulated by CDK1 activity, which gradually increases through prometaphase and metaphase I...
- The APC/C recruits cyclin B1-Cdk1-Cks in prometaphase before D box recognition to control mitotic exitWouter van Zon
Division of Molecular Biology and 2 Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 190:587-602. 2010The ubiquitin ligase anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) is activated at prometaphase by mitotic phosphorylation and binding of its activator, Cdc20...
- Arecoline arrests cells at prometaphase by deregulating mitotic spindle assembly and spindle assembly checkpoint: implication for carcinogenesisYu Chu Wang
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 46:255-62. 2010..Here we reported that arecoline, a major alkaloid of areca nut, could arrest cells at prometaphase with large amounts of misaligned chromosomes...
- APC/C(Cdc20) controls the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of p21 in prometaphaseVirginia Amador
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue MSB 599, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell 27:462-73. 2007..G1/S transition, p21 proteolysis is mediated by Skp2; however, p21 reaccumulates in G2 and is degraded again in prometaphase. How p21 degradation is controlled in mitosis remains unexplored...
- PICH and cotargeted Plk1 coordinately maintain prometaphase chromosome arm architectureYasuhiro Kurasawa
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:1188-99. 2010..we show that the Plk1-binding protein PICH and Plk1 kinase coordinately maintain chromosome architecture during prometaphase. PICH knockdown results in a loss of Plk1 from the chromosome arm and an increase in highly disorganized "wavy" ..
- Chk1 is required for spindle checkpoint functionGeorge Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 12:247-60. 2007..In addition, Chk1-deficient cells exhibit increased resistance to taxol. These results suggest a mechanism through which Chk1 could protect against tumorigenesis through its role in spindle checkpoint signaling...
- c-MYC delays prometaphase by direct transactivation of MAD2 and BubR1: identification of mechanisms underlying c-MYC-induced DNA damage and chromosomal instabilityAntje Menssen
Molecular Oncology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell Cycle 6:339-52. 2007....
- The Nup107-160 nucleoporin complex is required for correct bipolar spindle assemblyArturo V Orjalo
Sections of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego Medical School, La Jolla, CA 92093 0347, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3806-18. 2006..Each antibody stained not only kinetochores but also prometaphase spindle poles and proximal spindle fibers, mirroring the dual prometaphase localization of the spindle ..
- Hypoxia transiently sequesters mps1 and polo to collagenase-sensitive filaments in Drosophila prometaphase oocytesWilliam D Gilliland
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7544. 2009..for proper cell cycle regulation in meiosis and mitosis, localize to numerous ooplasmic filaments during prometaphase in Drosophila oocytes...
- Role of cyclin B1/Cdc2 up-regulation in the development of mitotic prometaphase arrest in human breast cancer cells treated with nocodazoleHye Joung Choi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24312. 2011..cells with nocodazole, a prototypic microtubule inhibitor, results in strong up-regulation of cyclin B1 and Cdc2 levels, and their increases are required for the development of mitotic prometaphase arrest and characteristic phenotypes.
- Critical role of cyclin B1/Cdc2 up-regulation in the induction of mitotic prometaphase arrest in human breast cancer cells treated with 2-methoxyestradiolHye Joung Choi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:1306-15. 2012..We found that 2ME(2) can selectively induce mitotic prometaphase arrest, but not G(2) phase arrest, in cultured MDA-MB-435s and MCF-7 human breast cancer cells...
- The Caenorhabditis elegans kinetochore reorganizes at prometaphase and in response to checkpoint stimuliJeffrey H Stear
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:5187-96. 2004..Here, we show that the Caenorhabditis elegans kinetochore displays analogous rearrangements at prometaphase, when microtubule/chromosome interactions are being established, and after exposure to checkpoint stimuli such ..
- Chromosome congression in the absence of kinetochore fibresShang Cai
Indiana University, Bloomington, 47405, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:832-8. 2009..These bi-oriented connections are also used to maintain stable chromosome alignment at the spindle equator...
- A spindle assembly checkpoint protein functions in prophase I arrest and prometaphase progressionHayden Homer
Oocyte and Embryo Research Laboratory, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biosciences and Institute for Women s Health, University College London, London, UK
Science 326:991-4. 2009..Both meiotic defects in BubR1-depleted oocytes are due to reduced activity of the master regulator known as the anaphase-promoting complex (APC), brought about through diminished levels of the APC coactivator Cdh1...
- The mechanism of secondary nondisjunction in Drosophila melanogaster femalesYoubin Xiang
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Genetics 174:67-78. 2006....
- Aurora A regulates prometaphase progression by inhibiting the ability of RASSF1A to suppress APC-Cdc20 activitySu Jung Song
National Research Laboratory for Genomic Stability, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Cancer Res 69:2314-23. 2009..RNA interference and expression of a nonphosphorylatable RASSF1A (S203A) mutant gene led to a marked delay in prometaphase progression...
- Different phosphorylation states of the anaphase promoting complex in response to antimitotic drugs: a quantitative proteomic analysisJudith A J Steen
Departments of Neurobiology and Pathology, Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6069-74. 2008..We examined the phosphorylation patterns of the APC in HeLa S3 cells after they were arrested in prometaphase with taxol, nocodazole, vincristine, or monastrol...
- Efficient chromosome capture requires a bias in the 'search-and-capture' process during mitotic-spindle assemblyR Wollman
Laboratory of Cell and Computational Biology, Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Curr Biol 15:828-32. 2005The mitotic spindle assembles into a bipolar, microtubule-based protein machine during prometaphase. One proposed mechanism for this process is "search-and-capture," in which dynamically unstable microtubules (MTs) search space ..
- An integrated mechanobiochemical feedback mechanism describes chromosome motility from prometaphase to anaphase in mitosisJian Liu
Center for Theoretical Biological Physics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13752-7. 2008..This model can recapitulate all of the essential and distinct features of chromosome motilities from prometaphase to anaphase in a coherent manner...
- Securin and separase phosphorylation act redundantly to maintain sister chromatid cohesion in mammalian cellsXingxu Huang
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:4725-32. 2005..Securin(-/-)separase(+/S1121A) cells are viable but fail to maintain sister chromatid cohesion in response to the disruption of spindle microtubules, show enhanced sensitivity to nocodazole, and cannot recover from prometaphase arrest.
- Chromosome damage in mitosis induces BubR1 activation and prometaphase arrestEunhee Choi
Department of Biological Sciences and Research Center for Functional Cellulomics, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shinlim Dong, Gwanak ku, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 582:1700-6. 2008..and Western blot analysis in synchronized cells, we provide evidence that DSBs activate BubR1, leading to prometaphase arrest...
- Three-dimensional maps of all chromosomes in human male fibroblast nuclei and prometaphase rosettesAndreas Bolzer
Department of Biology II, Anthropology and Human Genetics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS Biol 3:e157. 2005..We present unequivocal evidence for a probabilistic 3D order of prometaphase chromosomes, as well as of chromosome territories (CTs) in nuclei of quiescent (G0) and cycling (early S-phase) ..
- Prolonged prometaphase blocks daughter cell proliferation despite normal completion of mitosisYumi Uetake
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01605, USA
Curr Biol 20:1666-71. 2010..that once the checkpoint is satisfied and cells divide, the daughter cells would proliferate regardless of prometaphase duration...
- Prometaphase spindle maintenance by an antagonistic motor-dependent force balance made robust by a disassembling lamin-B envelopeGul Civelekoglu-Scholey
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Cell Biol 188:49-68. 2010We tested the classical hypothesis that astral, prometaphase bipolar mitotic spindles are maintained by balanced outward and inward forces exerted on spindle poles by kinesin-5 and -14 using modeling of in vitro and in vivo data from ..
- Securin associates with APCCdh1 in prometaphase but its destruction is delayed by Rae1 and Nup98 until the metaphase/anaphase transitionKarthik B Jeganathan
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cell Cycle 5:366-70. 2006..We found that Rae1 and Nup98 assemble into a complex with APC(Cdh1) in prometaphase and act to delay APC(Cdh1)-mediated ubiquitination of securin until the metaphase/anaphase transition...
- [Dynamics of microtubular cytoskeleton in higher plant meiosis. V. Late prometaphase. The general scheme of anastral spindle formation]N V Shamina
Tsitologiia 47:889-97. 2005..of cereal wide hybrids, haploids and meiotic mutants, the processes involved in cytoskeleton cycle at late prometaphase (a sub-stage of transition from chaotic figure to bipolar spindle) were studied...
- BubR1 and CENP-E have antagonistic effects upon the stability of microtubule-kinetochore attachments in Drosophila S2 cell mitosisAndré F Maia
IBMC, Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Cell Cycle 6:1367-78. 2007..cells exit mitosis prematurely due to loss of SAC activity, CENP-meta-depleted cells accumulate in prometaphase and do not exit mitosis after spindle damage...
- [Dynamics of microtubular cytoskeleton in higher plant meiosis. IV. Middle prometaphase]N V Shamina
Tsitologiia 47:760-5. 2005..abnormalities in pollen mother cells of cereal distant hybrids, processes of cytoskeleton cycle at the middle prometaphase (chaotic stage) were studied...
- Human Scc4 is required for cohesin binding to chromatin, sister-chromatid cohesion, and mitotic progressionErwan Watrin
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology I M P, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 16:863-74. 2006..Mutation of Scc2 orthologs causes defects in cohesion, transcription, and development, resulting in Cornelia de Lange syndrome in humans...
- Kinetochore-microtubule interactions "in check" by Bub1, Bub3 and BubR1: The dual task of attaching and signallingElsa Logarinho
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Cell Cycle 7:1763-8. 2008....
- The V260I mutation in fission yeast alpha-tubulin Atb2 affects microtubule dynamics and EB1-Mal3 localization and activates the Bub1 branch of the spindle checkpointKazuhide Asakawa
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Mol Biol Cell 17:1421-35. 2006..Furthermore in atb2-983 back-and-forth centromere oscillation during prometaphase is abolished...
- Doublecortin-like kinase controls neurogenesis by regulating mitotic spindles and M phase progressionTianzhi Shu
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 49:25-39. 2006..mechanism, DCLK regulates the formation of bipolar mitotic spindles and the proper transition from prometaphase to metaphase during mitosis...
- Atomic force microscope tracking observation of Chinese hamster ovary cell mitosisYangzhe Wu
Chemistry Department, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Micron 37:139-45. 2006..of Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell chromosomes during various mitotic phases, including typical prophase, prometaphase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase...
- Caspase-independent apoptosis is activated by diazepam-induced mitotic failure in HeLa cells, but not in human primary fibroblastsI Vitale
Department of Biology, University Roma Tre, V le Marconi 446, Rome, 00146, Italy
Apoptosis 10:909-20. 2005..In fact, differently from fibroblasts, which undergo a transient block in prophase-to-prometaphase transition, a high proportion of tumor cells attempt to escape from the DZ-imposed mitotic block, fail to ..
- Chromosome ideograms of the laboratory rat (Rattus norvegicus) based on high-resolution banding, and anchoring of the cytogenetic map to the DNA sequence by FISH in sample chromosomesA Hamta
CMB Genetics, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cytogenet Genome Res 115:158-68. 2006A detailed banded ideogram representation of the rat chromosomes was constructed based on actual G-banded prometaphase chromosomes...
- CENP-A is required for accurate chromosome segregation and sustained kinetochore association of BubR1Vinciane Regnier
Department of Biochemistry, Oxford University, South Parks Road, OX1 3QU Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:3967-81. 2005..chromosomes are deficient in proper congression on the mitotic spindle and there is a transient delay in prometaphase. CENP-A-depleted cells further proceed through anaphase and cytokinesis with unequal chromosome segregation, ..
- Caffeine yields aneuploidy through asymmetrical cell division caused by misalignment of chromosomesYoko Katsuki
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Graduate Medical School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1539-45. 2008..caffeine-treated mitotic cells showed misalignment of chromosomes at the metaphase plates, and were arrested at prometaphase. Mitoticarrest deficient 2 (MAD2) depletion rescued the caffeine-induced delay of mitotic exit, indicating that ..
- Ect2 and MgcRacGAP regulate the activation and function of Cdc42 in mitosisFabian Oceguera-Yanez
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 168:221-32. 2005..Depletion of Ect2 also impairs microtubule attachment to kinetochores and causes prometaphase delay and abnormal chromosomal segregation, as does depletion of Cdc42 or expression of the Ect2 and MgcRacGAP ..
- Distinct functions of condensin I and II in mitotic chromosome assemblyToru Hirota
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 117:6435-45. 2004..of cohesin from chromosome arms, for chromosome shortening and for normal timing of progression through prometaphase and metaphase, whereas normal condensin II levels are dispensable for these processes...
- Human Wapl is a cohesin-binding protein that promotes sister-chromatid resolution in mitotic prophaseRita Gandhi
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, One Bungtown Road, P O Box 100, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Curr Biol 16:2406-17. 2006..This process is known as sister-chromatid resolution. Although two mitotic kinases have been implicated in this process, it remains unknown exactly how the cohesin-mediated linkage is destabilized at a mechanistic level...
- Activation of a novel ataxia-telangiectasia mutated and Rad3 related/checkpoint kinase 1-dependent prometaphase checkpoint in cancer cells by diallyl trisulfide, a promising cancer chemopreventive constituent of processed garlicAnna Herman-Antosiewicz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1249-61. 2007..and Rad3 related (ATR)/checkpoint kinase 1 (Chk1)-dependent checkpoint partially responsible for DATS-mediated prometaphase arrest in cancer cells, which is different from the recently described gamma irradiation-induced mitotic exit ..
- Pharmacologic inhibition of CDC25 phosphatases impairs interphase microtubule dynamics and mitotic spindle assemblyMartine Cazales
LBCMCP CNRS UMR5088 IFR109, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Mol Cancer Ther 6:318-25. 2007..Our results show a role for CDC25 phosphatases in regulating microtubule dynamics throughout the cell cycle and suggest that combinations of CDC25 inhibitors with microtubule-targeting agents may be of therapeutic value...
- Matrimony ties Polo down: can this kinase get free?S Kendall Smith
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Cell Cycle 7:698-701. 2008..The termination of G(2) arrest (as defined by NEB) and the subsequent entry of the oocyte into prometaphase is regulated by an intracellular signaling cascade whose ultimate feature is the activation of the cyclin B-..
- Farnesyl transferase inhibitors impair chromosomal maintenance in cell lines and human tumors by compromising CENP-E and CENP-F functionKatherine Schafer-Hales
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1317-28. 2007..The data show that lonafarnib in proliferating cancer cells depletes CENP-E and CENP-F from metaphase but not prometaphase kinetochores...
- Moesin and its activating kinase Slik are required for cortical stability and microtubule organization in mitotic cellsSebastien Carreno
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, Université Toulouse III Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5547, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 09, France
J Cell Biol 180:739-46. 2008..Activated moesin homogenously localizes at the cortex in prometaphase and is progressively restricted at the equator in later stages...
- Okadaic acid: chromosomal non-disjunction analysis in human lymphocytes and study of aneugenic pathway in CHO-K1 cellsLudovic Le Hegarat
AFSSA, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches sur les Médicaments Vétérinaires et les Désinfectants, Unité de Toxicologie Génétique des Contaminants Alimentaires, B P 90203, 35302 Fougeres, France
Mutat Res 578:53-63. 2005..The results showed that OA induced a progressive accumulation of mitotic CHO-K1 cells in prometaphase, an induction of multipolar mitotic spindle with centrosome amplification and the formation of multinucleated ..
- The human Nup107-160 nuclear pore subcomplex contributes to proper kinetochore functionsMichela Zuccolo
Centre de Recherche, UMR 144 CNRS, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
EMBO J 26:1853-64. 2007..Together, our data thus provide the first molecular clues underlying the function of the human Nup107-160 complex at kinetochores...
- Prophase microtubule arrays undergo flux-like behavior in mammalian cellsNick P Ferenz
Department of Biology and Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:3993-4002. 2007..We propose that the marked reduction in rate and directionality of microtubule motion from prophase to metaphase results from changes in microtubule organization during spindle formation...
- Self-regulated Plk1 recruitment to kinetochores by the Plk1-PBIP1 interaction is critical for proper chromosome segregationYoung H Kang
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell 24:409-22. 2006..Thus, Plk1 self-regulates the Plk1-PBIP1 interaction to timely localize to the kinetochores and promote proper chromosome segregation...
- Two components of the Myb complex, DMyb and Mip130, are specifically associated with euchromatin and degraded during prometaphase throughout developmentGeorge S Scaria
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 900 South Ashland Avenue, 2370 MBRB, Chicago IL 60607 7170, USA
Mech Dev 125:646-61. 2008..Furthermore, DMyb and Mip130 are unstable proteins that are degraded during prometaphase of mitosis...
- DNA changes involved in the formation of metaphase chromosomes, as observed in mouse duodenal crypt cells stained by osmium-ammine. I. New structures arise during the S phase and condense at prophase into "chromomeres," which fuse at prometaphase into mitM El-Alfy
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anat Rec 242:433-48. 1995....
- When rDNA transcription is arrested during mitosis, UBF is still associated with non-condensed rDNAJ Gebrane-Younes
Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 110:2429-40. 1997..In PtK1 cells, rDNA transcription was still active in prophase, stopped in prometaphase until early anaphase, and activated in late anaphase...
- The aurora B kinase AIR-2 regulates kinetochores during mitosis and is required for separation of homologous Chromosomes during meiosisSusanne Kaitna
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 12:798-812. 2002..The mechanisms responsible for orienting kinetochores in mitosis and for causing asynchronous loss of cohesion during meiosis are not well understood...
- [Dynamic changes of gamma-tubulin in preimplantation development of parthenogenetic mouse embryos.]Qing Hua Zhang
Department of Histology and Embryology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:777-82. 2008..At 24 h after culture, i.e. at prometaphase, gamma-tubulin migrated along the spindle microtubule to the two poles...
- The first mitosis of the mouse embryo is prolonged by transitional metaphase arrestMarta Sikora-Polaczek
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Warsaw University, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Biol Reprod 74:734-43. 2006..The mechanism of the prolongation of the first mitosis remains unknown, and it is not clear whether prometaphase or metaphase or both are prolonged...
- A perikinetochoric ring defined by MCAK and Aurora-B as a novel centromere domainMaría Teresa Parra
Departamento de Biologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS Genet 2:e84. 2006..also colocalise at the inner centromere domain as a band that joins sister kinetochores, but only during prometaphase II in unattached chromosomes...
- Overexpression of the dynamitin (p50) subunit of the dynactin complex disrupts dynein-dependent maintenance of membrane organelle distributionJ K Burkhardt
The University of Chicago, Department of Pathology, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Cell Biol 139:469-84. 1997..of one dynactin subunit, dynamitin, disrupts the complex, resulting in dissociation of cytoplasmic dynein from prometaphase kinetochores, with consequent perturbation of mitosis (Echeverri, C.J., B.M. Paschal, K.T. Vaughan, and R.B...
- Bipolar spindle attachments affect redistributions of ZW10, a Drosophila centromere/kinetochore component required for accurate chromosome segregationB C Williams
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703, USA
J Cell Biol 134:1127-40. 1996..ZW10 is first visible during prometaphase, where it localizes to the kinetochores of the bivalent chromosomes (during meiosis I) or to the sister ..
- Microtubule disassembly delays the G2-M transition in vertebratesC L Rieder
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Division of Molecular Medicine, The Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, 12201 0509, USA
Curr Biol 10:1067-70. 2000..from entering prophase and, as the MI does not increase during this time, existing prophase cells do not enter prometaphase. When mid-prophase cells were treated with nocodazole, the majority (70%) decondensed their chromosomes and ..
- PBC68: a nuclear pore complex protein that associates reversibly with the mitotic spindleP A Theodoropoulos
Department of Basic Sciences and Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Crete, School of Medicine, Crete, Greece
J Cell Sci 112:3049-59. 1999..The autoantigen is modified at early prophase and disassembles at prometaphase concurrently with the breakdown of the nuclear envelope...
- Mitotic phosphoepitopes are expressed in Kc cells, neuroblasts and isolated chromosomes of Drosophila melanogasterH Bousbaa
Centro de Citologia Experimental da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
J Cell Sci 110:1979-88. 1997..The 3F3/2 staining is retained in Kc cells and third instar larval neuroblasts arrested at the prometaphase state with microtubule inhibitors...
- The role of pre- and post-anaphase microtubules in the cytokinesis phase of the cell cycleJ C Canman
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Curr Biol 10:611-4. 2000..that microinjection of antibodies to the spindle checkpoint protein Mad2 (mitotic arrest deficient) in prometaphase abrogates the spindle checkpoint, producing premature chromosome separation, segregation, and normal ..
- Cytochalasin D and latrunculin affect chromosome behaviour during meiosis in crane-fly spermatocytesA Forer
Biology Department, York University, Downsview, Ontario, Canada
Chromosome Res 6:533-49. 1998..When applied in mid-prometaphase to metaphase, both drugs altered subsequent anaphase poleward movements: half-bivalents either moved more ..
- Fertilization differently affects the levels of cyclin B1 and M-phase promoting factor activity in maturing and metaphase II mouse oocytesAnna Ajduk
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Reproduction 136:741-52. 2008..In this paper, we show that neither mono- nor polyspermic fertilization of prometaphase I and metaphase I oocytes triggered degradation of cyclin B1...
- F-actin distribution and function during sexual differentiation in Schizosaccharomyces pombeJ Petersen
Department of Genetics, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Cell Sci 111:867-76. 1998..dots were randomly scattered during the horsetail movement that precedes meiosis I and remained scattered until prometaphase or metaphase of meiosis II, when they concentrated around the nucleus...
- Degradation of securin in mouse and pig oocytes is dependent on ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and is required for proteolysis of the cohesion subunit, Rec8, at the metaphase-to-anaphase transitionLi Jun Huo
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Front Biosci 11:2193-202. 2006..after germinal vesicle breakdown, immunoreactive securin accumulated around the condensed chromosomes at prometaphase I...
- Promoter methylation of CHFR gene in gastric carcinoma tissues detected using two methodsZhao Dong Cheng
Department of Gerontology, Province Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230001, PR China
Chin J Cancer 29:163-6. 2010..Checkpoint with fork head-associated and ring finger (CHFR) governs the transition from prophase to prometaphase in response to mitotic stress...
- Localization of mitotic arrest deficient 1 (MAD1) in mouse oocytes during the first meiosis and its functions as a spindle checkpoint proteinDong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Biol Reprod 72:58-68. 2005..It was found that MAD1 was present in the oocytes from the GV to prometaphase I stages around the nuclei...
- Kinesin-like molecules involved in spindle formationV I Rodionov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Russia
J Cell Sci 106:1179-88. 1993..head domain of Drosophila kinesin heavy chain (HD antibody) was microinjected into PtK1 cells at the prophase-prometaphase transition. Progress of the cell through mitosis was recorded for subsequent detailed analysis...
- Kinetochore fiber maturation in PtK1 cells and its implications for the mechanisms of chromosome congression and anaphase onsetB F McEwen
Wadsworth Center, Division of Molecular Medicine, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
J Cell Biol 137:1567-80. 1997..At late prometaphase, the average number of Mts on fully congressed kinetochores is 19.7 +/- 6.7 (n = 94), at late metaphase 24...
- Centrosome and microtubule dynamics during early stages of meiosis in mouse oocytesA Can
Laboratory for Reproductive Cell Science, Department of Histology Embryology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Sihhiye, 06339, Turkey
Mol Hum Reprod 9:749-56. 2003..concordance with MT polymerization in earlier stages of oocyte maturation from germinal vesicle stage (GV) to prometaphase I still remains unclear...
- Cyclin A and Nek2A: APC/C-Cdc20 substrates invisible to the mitotic spindle checkpointWouter van Zon
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis B7, The Netherlands Cancer Institute NKI AvL, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 38:72-7. 2010..of a functional spindle checkpoint degrade cyclin B1 and securin right after nuclear-envelope breakdown, in prometaphase. Interestingly, two APC/C substrates, cyclin A and Nek2A, are normally degraded at nuclear-envelope breakdown, ..
- Regulation of intracellular MEK1/2 translocation in mouse oocytes: cytoplasmic dynein/dynactin-mediated poleward transport and cyclin B degradation-dependent release from spindle polesBo Xiong
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology and Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Cell Cycle 6:1521-7. 2007..In the present study, we investigated the mechanisms of poleward MEK1/2 transport during the prometaphase I/metaphase I transition and MEK1/2 release from the spindle poles during the metaphase I/anaphase I transition ..
- The cytoskeleton-dependent localization of cdc2/cyclin B in blastomere cortex during Xenopus embryonic cell cycleNorihiko Nakamura
Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Science, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 72:336-45. 2005..in the cortical cytoplasm throughout the cell cycle, in the centrosomes and the nucleus at interphase and prometaphase, and in the spindles at metaphase and anaphase...
- Kinetic suppression of microtubule dynamic instability by griseofulvin: implications for its possible use in the treatment of cancerDulal Panda
School of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 400076, India
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9878-83. 2005..Griseofulvin inhibited cell-cycle progression at prometaphase/anaphase of mitosis in parallel with its ability to inhibit cell proliferation...
- Distribution of 45S and 5S rDNA sites in 23 species of Eleocharis (Cyperaceae)Carlos Roberto Maximiano da Silva
Pós graduação em Genética, Instituto de Biociencias, Letras e Ciencias Exatas, UNESP, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP 15054 000, Brazil
Genetica 138:951-7. 2010..occurrence of multiple 45S rDNA sites at terminal positions, and in the decondensed state of these regions in prometaphase/metaphase...
- Importin beta is transported to spindle poles during mitosis and regulates Ran-dependent spindle assembly factors in mammalian cellsMarilena Ciciarello
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, Section of Genetics, CNR Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via degli Apuli 4, Rome 00185, Italy
J Cell Sci 117:6511-22. 2004..This localization is temporally regulated from prometaphase until anaphase, when importin beta dissociates from poles and is recruited back around reforming nuclei...
- Distribution of eu- and heterochromatin in Plantago ovataM K Dhar
School of Biotechnology, University of Jammu, Jammu, India
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:235-40. 2009..7%. Applying Giemsa C-banding and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using the Cot-1 fraction of DNA on prometaphase and metaphase chromosomes we investigated the chromosomal distribution of eu- and heterochromatin...
- Mitotic microtubule development and histone H3 phosphorylation in the holocentric chromosomes of Rhynchospora tenuis (Cyperaceae)M Guerra
Departamento de Botanica, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Cidade Universitaria, 50 670 420, Recife, PE, Brazil
Genetica 126:33-41. 2006..tenuis coincide with those of other species namely: the absence of primary constriction in prometaphase and metaphase, and the parallel separation of sister chromatids at anaphase...
- Clathrin in mitotic spindlesC T Okamoto
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 9121, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C369-74. 2000..Staining of the mitotic spindle was evident in mitotic cells from prometaphase to telophase and in spindles in mitotic cells released from a thymidine-nocodazole block...
- Active MAP kinase in mitosis: localization at kinetochores and association with the motor protein CENP-EM Zecevic
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, University of Virginia, Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 142:1547-58. 1998..was constant from the time of nuclear envelope breakdown, the kinetochore labeling first appeared at early prometaphase, started to fade during chromosome congression, and then disappeared at midanaphase...
- Functional dynamics of Polo-like kinase 1 at the centrosomeKazuhiro Kishi
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:3134-50. 2009..This resulted in a G(2) delay, followed by a prominent prometaphase arrest, as a consequence of defective spindle formation and activation of the spindle checkpoint...
- CENP-F is a protein of the nuclear matrix that assembles onto kinetochores at late G2 and is rapidly degraded after mitosisH Liao
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Institute for Cancer Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Cell Biol 130:507-18. 1995..During mitosis, CENP-F is associated with kinetochores from prometaphase until early anaphase and is then detected at the spindle midzone throughout the remainder of anaphase...
- Proteolytic activity of the 26S proteasome is required for the meiotic resumption, germinal vesicle breakdown, and cumulus expansion of porcine cumulus-oocyte complexes matured in vitroYoung Joo Yi
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Biol Reprod 78:115-26. 2008..Treatment with 10 microM MG132 arrested 28.4% of oocytes in GV stage (vs. 1.3% in control), 43.1% in prometaphase I, and 16.2% in metaphase I, whereas 83...
- Precocious (pre-anaphase) cleavage furrows in Mesostoma spermatocytesArthur Forer
Biology Department, York University, 4700 Keele Street, North York, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Eur J Cell Biol 89:607-18. 2010..Cleavage furrows are initiated during prometaphase in spermatocytes of the flatworm Mesostoma, becoming detectable soon after the spindles achieve bipolarity...
- The mechanism of kinetochore-spindle attachment and polewards movement analyzed in PtK2 cells at the prophase-prometaphase transitionA Merdes
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 53:313-25. 1990PtK2 cells at the prophase-prometaphase transition were analyzed to study the origin of kinetochore microtubules, the mode of kinetochore fiber construction and the mechanism of polewards movement...
- Ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of the BRCA1 tumor suppressor is regulated during cell cycle progressionAtish D Choudhury
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:33909-18. 2004..Formation of these conjugates occurs throughout G1 and S, but not in cells arrested in prometaphase by nocodazole...
- Genotype-phenotype correlations and clinical diagnostic criteria in Wolf-Hirschhorn syndromeM Zollino
Istituto di Genetica Medica, Facolta di Medicina A Gemelli, UCSC, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet 94:254-61. 2000..Hemizygosity of 4p16.3 was detected by conventional prometaphase chromosome analysis (11 patients) or by molecular probes on apparently normal chromosomes (4 patients)...
- [Physical mapping of the 45S rDNA and 5S rDNA to rice prometaphase chromosome]Zhi yun Gong
Agriculture College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 29:241-4. 2002..the chromosomes related to 45S rDNA and 5S rDNA, the digoxigenin-dUTP labeled probe DNA was probed to the prometaphase chromosomes which were prepared from the root tips harvested from an indica rice variety, Zhongxian 3037...
- Localization of CENP-E in the fibrous corona and outer plate of mammalian kinetochores from prometaphase through anaphaseC A Cooke
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Michael Swann Building, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Chromosoma 106:446-55. 1997..8 nm colloidal gold particles, CENP-E was localized primarily to the fibrous corona of the kinetochore in prometaphase and metaphase cells. Some labeling of the kinetochore outer plate was also observed...
- Degradation of cyclin A is regulated by acetylationF Mateo
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Pathology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Oncogene 28:2654-66. 2009Cyclin A accumulates at the onset of S phase, remains high during G(2) and early mitosis and is degraded at prometaphase. Here, we report that the acetyltransferase P/CAF directly interacts with cyclin A that as a consequence becomes ..
- Sister-chromatid misbehavior in Drosophila ord mutantsW Y Miyazaki
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
Genetics 132:1047-61. 1992..Cytological analysis in males confirmed that precocious disjunction of the sister chromatids occurs in prometaphase I...
- Low molecular weight cyclin E overexpression shortens mitosis, leading to chromosome missegregation and centrosome amplificationRozita Bagheri-Yarmand
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 70:5074-84. 2010..First, the most significant difference is that EL overexpression prolongs cell cycle arrest in prometaphase, whereas LMW-E overexpression reduces the length of mitosis and accelerates mitotic exit...
- Function of the chromosomal kinase haspin in mitosisJONATHAN M HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..is first detected on chromosome arms in late G2/early prophase, becomes focused at centromeres by prometaphase, and declines during anaphase...
- CHROMOSOME MOVEMENT IN PROMETAPHASEGary J Gorbsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results from this study will also enlighten the mechanisms that contribute to chromosome imbalances that are the cause of many birth defects. ..
- Control of centrosome duplication and G1 arrest after prolonged prometaphaseGreenfield Sluder; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): We will investigate the controls for centriole duplication and how prolonged prometaphase blocks daughter cell proliferation...
- ORGANIZATION OF THE MAMMALIAN MITOTIC SPINDLEDuane A Compton; Fiscal Year: 2013..To use live cell imaging to determine the biochemical changes underlying the transition from prometaphase to metaphase;2...
- ILLEGITIMATE RECOMBINATION BY DRUG RESISTANCE ELEMENTSNANCY E KLECKNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..coli versus the prophase-to-prometaphase transition of eukaryotic chromosomes...
- FORMATION,INTERACTION & FUNCTION OF SPINDLE COMPONENTSConly L Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2010..amp;length of astral microtubules, formed by centrosomes not associated with chromosomes, changes during prometaphase;b) that separating asters interact during prometaphase in the absence of associated chromosomes;c) that the ..
- Physical mapping of Aedes aegypti genomeMaria Sharakhova; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have recently discovered that prometaphase chromosomes from imaginal discs of 4th instar larvae can be an excellent source for the physical mapping of the ..
- Determining the spindle dynamics regulatory network with an integrated approachAo Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..only a handful of MT regulatory proteins give rise to the broad range of dynamics at spindle MT plus-ends from prometaphase through anaphase...
- Control of Genomic Stability by Emi1 and SecurinNORMAN LEHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Over-expression of Emi1 causes an abnormal prometaphase block and abnormal mitotic spindle formation...
- CHROMATIN MAPPING BY FLUORESCENCE IN SITU HYBRIDIZATIONBarbara Trask; Fiscal Year: 1993..3) To describe the relationship between known linear distance and measured interphase and prometaphase distances for sequences separated by 50 kbp to 3 Mbp...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF MICROTUBULE ORGANIZATIONHarish Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2003..pombe y-tubulin. Normally, abnormalities in spindle assembly arrest cells in prometaphase, and entry into anaphase and subsequent cytokinesis is inhibited...
- NUCLEAR ARCHITECTURAL CHANGES DURING FERTILIZATIONGerald Schatten; Fiscal Year: 1993..kinetochore antibodies will prevent prometaphase congression and anaphase chromosome separation if introduced prior to metaphase; 3...
- Hsp90s as targets in the development of anticancer drugsNeal Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cells with defective RB function arrest in prometaphase and undergo apoptosis. One ansamycin, 17 -allylaminogeeldanamycin (17- AAG) is currently in clinical trial...
- IMPROVED CHROMOSOME ANALYSIS VIA NEW SYNCHRONIZING AGENTFLOYD TAUB; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, prometaphase spreads providing detailed banding may be more readily obtained...
- Role of Nuf2 in Kinetochore FunctionJennifer DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Structure and Function of the Human Kinetochore Outer PlateBruce F McEwen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ALL Fusion Proteins: Associated with Multi-protein Complexes and Role in TranscriCarlo M Croce; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Microtubule Dynamic TurnoverPatricia Wadsworth; Fiscal Year: 2009..Learning how normal cells construct a mitotic spindle is an important first step towards understanding defective cell division in cancer. ..
- FHIT Gene Therapy in Cancer Prevention and TreatmentCarlo M Croce; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- 8P22 ALTERATIONS, IN PROSTATE, BREAST AND ESOPHAGEAL CACarlo Croce; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also determine whether Fez1 loss of function makes cancer cells more resistant to chemotherapeutic drugs. Finally, we will determine whether FHIT and Fez1 are collaborating tumor suppressor genes ..
- MECHANISMS OF MITOTIC SPINDLE ASSEMBLY AND FUNCTIONEDWARD SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we will analyze how MT dynamics may be involved in the regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- ARP--GENE TARGET OF THE ALL1 GENE IN ACUTE LEUKEMIASCarlo Croce; Fiscal Year: 2002..Acute lymphoblastic and acute myelogenous leukemias will be investigated for the expression, rearrangements and mutations of ALL-1 target genes. ..
- Purchase of Leica TCS SP2 Confocal MicroscopePatricia Wadsworth; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ASSEMBLY AND TARGETING OF EPITHELIAL P-TYPE ATPASESCurtis Okamoto; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- DELTAVISION RESTORATION MICROSCOPY SYSTEM MODEL 483Conly Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2001..This Core will maintain the instrument and provide technical support to those Principal Investigators/Program Directors who are in need of low-light high- resolution 3-D fluorescent imaging. ..
- Mechanisms of Genetic Instability and Tumor SuppressionGEOFFREY MYLES WAHL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Only then can we develop therapies to target the genetic defects that disable P53 in a particular tumor. This proposal is designed to provide such information. ..
- Translational Control of Oxidative Stress in Myocardial InfarctionQin M Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This grant proposes to study the mechanism of Nrf2 protein translation in cardiomyocytes and in the myocardium following oxidative stress. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF MAMMALIAN DNA REPLICATIONGeoffrey Wahl; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF OXIDANT TOXICITYQin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..We have a unique finding of premature senescence with oxidative stress and will combine in vitro and in vivo approaches to uncover the trigger of unwanted effects of aging. ..
- Mitochondria distribution in cloned pig embryosHeide Schatten; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pilot data from this RO3 small grants program research will be used to apply for funding through the RO1 mechanism. ..
- Cytoskeletal organization in apicomplexan parasitesHeide Schatten; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pilot data from this RO3 research will be used to apply for funding through the RO1 mechanism. ..
- Specification of Embryonic Stem Cells in LeechDANIEL SHAIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that LES cell-associated genes characterized in this study will have mammalian counterparts, based upon the conservation of developmentally important genes across metazoan phyla. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROTUBULE AND MITOTIC SPINDLE ASSEMBLYLynne Cassimeris; Fiscal Year: 2006..To address these issues, we will apply a number of fluorescence-based imaging methods combined with siRNA or injection of function-blocking proteins or antibodies. ..
- FLUORESCENT SPECKLE MICROSCOPYEDWARD SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Experience gained in the course of these studies will be used to direct and refine hardware and software development. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Steroid As Cytoprotectants against Oxidative ToxicityQin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Misregulation of apoptosis in cloned pig embryosHeide Schatten; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pilot data from this R03 small grants program research will be used to apply for funding through the R01 mechanism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Separase During Cytokinesis in C elegansJoshua Bembenek; Fiscal Year: 2008..elegans. Through this analysis, I hope to extend the understanding of the molecular mechanisms utilized for the temporal coordination of chromosome segregation with the onset of anaphase and cytokinesis. ..
- Microfilament organization in mitosis and transformationFumio Matsumura; Fiscal Year: 2009..MYPT depletion delays the prometaphase/metaphase transition and causes cytokinesis failure...
- Mouse Models to Elucidate p53 Regulatory MechanismsGeoffrey Wahl; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data obtained and systems developed have relevance for p53-targeted therapies, and they provide a paradigm for how transcription factors convert complex inputs into distinct regulatory decisions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..