Genomes and Genes
Summary: The hemodynamic and electrophysiological action of the HEART VENTRICLES.
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Alternans and spiral breakup in a human ventricular tissue modelK H W J ten Tusscher
Utrecht University, Department of Theoretical Biology, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1088-100. 2006..Therefore, we conclude that steep APD restitution-mediated instability is a potential mechanism for VF in the human heart...
- A model for human ventricular tissueK H W J ten Tusscher
Department of Theoretical Biology, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1573-89. 2004..We conclude that the proposed model reproduces a variety of electrophysiological behaviors and provides a basis for studies of reentrant arrhythmias in human ventricular tissue...
- A rabbit ventricular action potential model replicating cardiac dynamics at rapid heart ratesAman Mahajan
UCLA Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Biophys J 94:392-410. 2008....
- Right ventricular function in cardiovascular disease, part I: Anatomy, physiology, aging, and functional assessment of the right ventricleFrancois Haddad
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University, 770 Welch Rd, Suite 400, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5715, USA
Circulation 117:1436-48. 2008
- Cardiac stem cells possess growth factor-receptor systems that after activation regenerate the infarcted myocardium, improving ventricular function and long-term survivalKonrad Urbanek
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circ Res 97:663-73. 2005..In conclusion, the heart has an endogenous reserve of CSCs-ECCs that can be activated to reconstitute dead myocardium and recover cardiac function...
- Development of an anatomically detailed MRI-derived rabbit ventricular model and assessment of its impact on simulations of electrophysiological functionMartin J Bishop
University of Oxford Computing Laboratory, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H699-718. 2010..This highlights the utility of histoanatomically detailed models for investigations of cardiac function, in particular for future patient-specific modeling...
- Left ventricular morphology, global and longitudinal function in normal older individuals: a cardiac magnetic resonance studyNikolay P Nikitin
Academic Department of Cardiology, The University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Castle Road, Cottingham, Kingston upon Hull, HU16 5JQ United Kingdom
Int J Cardiol 108:76-83. 2006..This study was designed to assess left ventricular (LV) morphology, global and longitudinal function in healthy older men and women using cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- A finite element model of the human left ventricular systoleF Dorri
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and ETH Zurich, Gloriastrasse 35, CH 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 9:319-41. 2006..We therefore, expect that the measurement of systolic deformation might provide useful diagnostic information...
- Relation of cardiovascular risk factors to right ventricular structure and function as determined by magnetic resonance imaging (results from the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis)Harjit Chahal
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:110-6. 2010..Cardiovascular risk factors, especially blood pressure and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, are associated with subclinical changes in the RV mass and volume...
- Accuracy and reproducibility of real-time three-dimensional echocardiography for assessment of right ventricular volumes and ejection fraction in childrenXiuzhang Lu
Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:84-9. 2008..Measurement of right ventricular (RV) volumes and ejection fraction (EF) by two-dimensional echocardiography has limited accuracy and reproducibility because of the complex RV geometry...
- Simulation of the undiseased human cardiac ventricular action potential: model formulation and experimental validationThomas O'Hara
Cardiac Bioelectricity and Arrhythmia Center, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1002061. 2011..APD shortening during restitution was primarily dependent on reduced late Na(+) and I(CaL) currents due to inactivation at short diastolic intervals, with additional contribution from elevated I(Kr) due to incomplete deactivation...
- Role of individual ionic current systems in ventricular cells hypothesized by a model studySatoshi Matsuoka
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshidakonoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Jpn J Physiol 53:105-23. 2003..The model serves as a predictive tool in generating testable hypotheses...
- Left ventricular geometric patterns in the Jackson cohort of the Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study: clinical correlates and influences on systolic and diastolic dysfunctionErvin R Fox
The NHLBI s Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Am Heart J 153:238-44. 2007....
- The pathophysiology of heart failure with normal ejection fraction: exercise echocardiography reveals complex abnormalities of both systolic and diastolic ventricular function involving torsion, untwist, and longitudinal motionYu Ting Tan
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:36-46. 2009....
- Right ventricular function and failure: report of a National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute working group on cellular and molecular mechanisms of right heart failureNorbert F Voelkel
Pulmonary Hypertension Center, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Ave, MC C272, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Circulation 114:1883-91. 2006
- Global endocardial electrical restitution in human right and left ventricles determined by noncontact mappingArthur M Yue
Wessex Cardiac Center, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1067-75. 2005..This study was aimed at evaluating global characteristics of electrical restitution in the human ventricle using noncontact mapping...
- Systolic and diastolic ventricular function in zebrafish embryos: influence of norepenephrine, MS-222 and temperatureMartin A Denvir
Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH16 4TJ, UK
BMC Biotechnol 8:21. 2008....
- Pulmonary vascular resistance, collateral flow, and ventricular function in patients with a Fontan circulation at rest and during dobutamine stressBoris Schmitt
Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin and The Charité, Medical University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:623-31. 2010..The role, interplay, and relative importance of the multifactorial hemodynamic and myocardial mechanisms causing dysfunction of the Fontan circulation remain incompletely understood...
- Quantitative assessment of ventricular function using three-dimensional SSFP magnetic resonance angiographyGerald F Greil
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Hospital, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:288-95. 2007To evaluate three-dimensional (3D), free-breathing, steady-state free precession (SSFP) magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) for volumetric assessment of ventricular function.
- Measuring and mapping cardiac fiber and laminar architecture using diffusion tensor MR imagingPatrick Helm
The Center for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Whiting School of Engineering, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1047:296-307. 2005....
- Contributions of HERG K+ current to repolarization of the human ventricular action potentialMartin Fink
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 96:357-76. 2008..Our overall goal is to understand the genesis of the T-wave of the human electrocardiogram...
- Systemic right ventricular longitudinal strain is reduced in adults with transposition of the great arteries, relates to subpulmonary ventricular function, and predicts adverse clinical outcomeGerhard Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Programme, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 163:859-66. 2012..the value of indices of myocardial deformation on speckle-tracking echocardiography for quantifying ventricular function and their potential role in assessing ventricular-ventricular interaction and outcome in patients with a ..
- High- and moderate-intensity training normalizes ventricular function and mechanoenergetics in mice with diet-induced obesityAnne D Hafstad
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Diabetes 62:2287-94. 2013....
- Adult bone marrow-derived cells for cardiac repair: a systematic review and meta-analysisAhmed Abdel-Latif
Division of Cardiology, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:989-97. 2007..that therapy with adult bone marrow (BM)-derived cells (BMCs) reduces infarct size and improves left ventricular function and perfusion...
- Subclinical impairment of left ventricular function in young obese women: contributions of polycystic ovary disease and insulin resistanceWojciech Kosmala
University of Queensland Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Brisbane, Q4102, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3748-54. 2008..Obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCO), characterized by hormonal and metabolic abnormalities, are thought to be at particularly increased cardiovascular risk...
- Injection of adeno-associated viral vector encoding vascular endothelial growth factor gene in infarcted swine myocardium: MR measurements of left ventricular function and strainAlexis Jacquier
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, HSW 207 B, San Francisco, CA 94134 0628, USA
Radiology 245:196-205. 2007....
- The structure and function of the helical heart and its buttress wrapping. VII. Critical importance of septum for right ventricular functionG D Buckberg
Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, 90095-1741, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 13:402-16. 2001..Data is presented that determines why right ventricular function is related principally to intraventricular septal function, and why right ventricular failure is magnified ..
- Opioids and cardioprotection: the impact of morphine and fentanyl on recovery of ventricular function after cardiopulmonary bypassGlenn S Murphy
Department of Anesthesiology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:493-502. 2006..The present study investigated the effect of the choice of intraoperative opioid (morphine or fentanyl) on recovery of myocardial function after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Arrhythmogenesis in the short-QT syndrome associated with combined HERG channel gating defects: a simulation studyHideki Itoh
Department of Information Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Japan
Circ J 70:502-8. 2006..This study aimed to show the mechanism how the HERG channel gating defects causes life-threatening arrhythmia in the short-QT syndrome, using a simulation model of ventricular action potentials (APs)...
- Spinal cord stimulation improves ventricular function and reduces ventricular arrhythmias in a canine postinfarction heart failure modelJohn C Lopshire
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Circulation 120:286-94. 2009Spinal cord stimulation (SCS) reduces the incidence of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in experimental models. This study investigated the effects of long-term SCS on ventricular function in a postinfarction canine heart failure model.
- A new multi-scale simulation model of the circulation: from cells to systemEun Bo Shim
Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, Kangwon National University, Hyoja Dong, Chuncheon, Kangwon 200 701, South Korea
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 364:1483-500. 2006..The variation due to different pacing frequencies for myocyte excitation was also investigated to assess the effects of heart rate on cardiac cells and the circulatory system...
- Normal human left and right ventricular and left atrial dimensions using steady state free precession magnetic resonance imagingLucy E Hudsmith
The University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:775-82. 2005....
- An isolated perfused pig heart model for the development, validation and translation of novel cardiovascular magnetic resonance techniquesAndreas Schuster
King s College London BHF Centre of Excellence, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, Guy s and St, Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Division of Imaging Sciences, The Rayne Institute, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:53. 2010..The aim of this study is to overcome these limitations by introducing an MR-compatible, free beating, blood-perfused, isolated pig heart model for the development of novel CMR methodology...
- Probing the contribution of IKs to canine ventricular repolarization: key role for beta-adrenergic receptor stimulationPaul G A Volders
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Academic Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, Netherlands
Circulation 107:2753-60. 2003..In large mammals and humans, the contribution of IKs to ventricular repolarization is still incompletely understood...
- Transplantation of adipose-derived stem cells overexpressing hHGF into cardiac tissueXiao yu Zhu
Department of Hematology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:1084-90. 2009..Results indicated that transplantation of ADSCs led to improvement of left ventricular function, explained partly through their ability to differentiate into endothelial cells, resulting in increased ..
- Noninvasive assessment of left ventricular force-frequency relationships using tissue Doppler-derived isovolumic acceleration: validation in an animal modelMichael Vogel
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Trust, London, UK
Circulation 107:1647-52. 2003..In this study, we assessed the usefulness of IVA to measure left ventricular (LV) contractile function and force-frequency relationships in an experimental preparation...
- Longitudinal ventricular function: normal values of atrioventricular annular and myocardial velocities measured with quantitative two-dimensional color Doppler tissue imagingNikolay P Nikitin
Department of Cardiology, University of Hull School of Medicine, Cottingham, Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:906-21. 2003..The aim of this study was to obtain normal values for atrioventricular annular and regional myocardial velocities using this method...
- Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) inhibits postmyocardial infarct remodeling and restores ventricular functionXiaoli Liu
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 20:207-16. 2006..Our data indicate that rAAV-HO-1 gene transfer markedly reduces fibrosis and ventricular remodeling and restores LV function and chamber dimensions after myocardial infarction...
- Ablation of cardiac myosin-binding protein-C accelerates stretch activation in murine skinned myocardiumJulian E Stelzer
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Circ Res 98:1212-8. 2006....
- Comparative influence of load versus inotropic states on indexes of ventricular contractility: experimental and theoretical analysis based on pressure-volume relationshipsD A Kass
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Department of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Circulation 76:1422-36. 1987..Any advantage of the ESPVR will derive not from the magnitude of its response to inotropic change, which is smaller than most other indexes, but from its relative insensitivity to load alteration over a wider range of load...
- The cross-bridge dynamics during ventricular contraction predicted by coupling the cardiac cell model with a circulation modelEun Bo Shim
Cell Biodynamics Simulation Project, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Physiol Sci 57:275-85. 2007....
- Echocardiographic evaluation of ventricular function in miceJeffrey N Rottman
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6300, USA
Echocardiography 24:83-9. 2007..This review describes the measurement of ventricular function, most often left ventricular function, by echocardiographic methods in mice...
- Phenotypic differences in transient outward K+ current of human and canine ventricular myocytes: insights into molecular composition of ventricular ItoFadi G Akar
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H602-9. 2004....
- Endogenous hydrogen sulfide contributes to the cardioprotection by metabolic inhibition preconditioning in the rat ventricular myocytesTing Ting Pan
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 117597
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:119-30. 2006....
- Quantification in cardiac MRI: advances in image acquisition and processingAnil K Attili
Department of Radiology and Cardiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 26:27-40. 2010..CMR) imaging enables accurate and reproducible quantification of measurements of global and regional ventricular function, blood flow, perfusion at rest and stress as well as myocardial injury...
- Ventricular mechanics in diastole: material parameter sensitivityCarey Stevens
Faculty of Engineering, Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
J Biomech 36:737-48. 2003....
- Clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of left ventricular filling pressures: A comparative simultaneous Doppler-catheterization studyS R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 102:1788-94. 2000..However, accurate prediction of filling pressures for an individual patient requires a stepwise approach incorporating all available data...
- Downregulation of delayed rectifier K(+) currents in dogs with chronic complete atrioventricular block and acquired torsades de pointesP G Volders
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Circulation 100:2455-61. 1999..We examined whether K(+)-current alterations contribute to these proarrhythmic responses in an animal model of TdP: the dog with chronic complete atrioventricular block (AVB) and biventricular hypertrophy...
- Altered dynamics of action potential restitution and alternans in humans with structural heart diseaseMarcus L Koller
Department of Cardiology, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Circulation 112:1542-8. 2005..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that APD restitution and alternans properties differ between normal and diseased human ventricular myocardium...
- Quantification of right ventricular afterload in patients with and without pulmonary hypertensionJan Willem Lankhaar
Dept of Pulmonary Diseases, VU Univ Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1731-7. 2006..Furthermore, the data suggest that the RC time and the elastic properties of the large pulmonary arteries remain unchanged in PH...
- Temporal changes in ventricular function assessed echocardiographically in conscious and anesthetized miceJeffrey N Rottman
Department of Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:1150-7. 2003..Serial echocardiographic assessments of cardiac function, dimension, and mass can be performed with high reproducibility in conscious mice...
- Granulocyte colony stimulating factor/macrophage colony stimulating factor improves postinfarct ventricular function by suppression of border zone remodelling in ratsTakayuki Miki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:873-82. 2004..cells by granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) and macrophage colony stimulating factor (M-CSF) on ventricular function after myocardial infarction (MI). 2...
- [Effects of carvedilol on functional capacity, left ventricular function, catecholamines and oxidative stress in patients with chronic heart failure]Pablo Castro
Departamento de Enfermedades Cardiovasculares, Hospital Clínico Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Rev Esp Cardiol 57:1053-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to evaluate clinical parameters, left ventricular function, oxidative stress levels and neurohumoral status at baseline and after 6 months of treatment with ..
- Three-dimensional assessment of two-dimensional technique for evaluation of right ventricular function by tricuspid annulus motionJordan L Smith
Cardiovascular Research and Training Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 19:189-97. 2003..However the accuracy of two-dimensional (2-D) methods for analyzing the three-dimensional (3-D) structure of the tricuspid annulus has not been evaluated...
- Intra-observer and interobserver reproducibility of right ventricle volumes, function and mass by cardiac magnetic resonanceOronzo Catalano
Division of Cardiology, IRCCS Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Pavia, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:807-14. 2007..We have evaluated CMR intra- and interobserver reproducibility in different conditions of RV dimension and function...
- Kinetic properties of the cardiac L-type Ca2+ channel and its role in myocyte electrophysiology: a theoretical investigationGregory M Faber
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Biophys J 92:1522-43. 2007..2 is greater at negative potentials, when VDI is weak; and 5), loss of VDI due to the Ca(V)1.2 mutation G406R (linked to the Timothy syndrome) results in APD prolongation and increased CaT...
- The effect of altering heart rate on ventricular function in patients with heart failure treated with beta-blockersSimon D R Thackray
Department of Academic Cardiology, University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 152:713.e9-13. 2006..Beta-blockers are effective for the treatment of heart failure, but their mechanism of action is unresolved. Heart rate reduction may be a central mechanism or a troublesome side effect...
- Noninvasive measurement of myocardial tissue volume change during systolic contraction and diastolic relaxation in the canine left ventricleIgnacio Rodriguez
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, ational Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:484-90. 2006..The result supports the notion of high arterial resistance at the microvascular level from intramyocardial pressure during systole...
- Combined Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger and L-type calcium channel block as a potential strategy to suppress arrhythmias and maintain ventricular functionVincent J A Bourgonje
Department of Medical Physiology, Division of Heart and Lungs, University Medical Center Utrecht, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 6:371-9. 2013....
- Quantitative assessment of ventricular function in children with single ventricles using the Doppler myocardial performance indexR V Williams
Department of Pediatrics, Primary Children s Medical Center and the University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84113, USA
Am J Cardiol 86:1106-10. 2000Assessment of ventricular function in patients with functionally single ventricles and unusual ventricular geometry is difficult. The Doppler myocardial performance index (MPI) may provide a method of assessing function in these patients...
- Enhanced cell transplantation: preventing apoptosis increases cell survival and ventricular functionYoshinobu Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiac Surgery, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H939-47. 2006..that antiapoptosis pretreatments reduced grafted SMC loss after transplantation and enhanced grafted cell survival and ventricular function, which was directly related (r = 0.72; P = 0.002) to the number of surviving engrafted cells.
- Effect of sex, age, and weight on ejection fraction and end-systolic volume reference limits in gated myocardial perfusion SPECTRichard A Peace
Regional Medical Physics Department, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals National Health Service Foundation Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Nucl Cardiol 15:86-93. 2008..Our aim was to derive male and female reference limits for left-ventricular functional parameters, and determine the effect of age, weight, and body surface area (BSA)...
- Action potential prolongation and potassium currents in left-ventricular myocytes isolated from hypertrophied rabbit heartsM A McIntosh
Department of Medical Cardiology, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow University, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 30:43-53. 1998..In conclusion, LVH induced by perinephritis hypertension in the rabbit is associated with a prolongation in APD. Reductions in IKl, sustained outward current and Ito may contribute to the prolongation in APD...
- Strain echocardiographic assessment of ventricular function after percutaneous pulmonary valve implantationNasser Moiduddin
The Heart Center at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 7:361-71. 2012..Minimal data on the midterm effects of PPVI on ventricular function exist...
- Exercise training early after acute myocardial infarction reduces stress-induced hypoperfusion and improves left ventricular functionFrancesco Giallauria
Department of Clinical Medicine, Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 40:315-24. 2013..We evaluated whether long-term exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation started early after ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) improves myocardial perfusion and left ventricular (LV) function...
- Phenotyping of left and right ventricular function in mouse models of compensated hypertrophy and heart failure with cardiac MRIBastiaan J van Nierop
Biomedical NMR, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e55424. 2013....
- Myocardial adaptation to short-term high-intensity exercise in highly trained athletesTomas G Neilan
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 2696, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:1280-5. 2006..In conclusion, maximal intensity short-duration exercise was associated with attenuation of LV diastolic function, augmentation of LV systolic function, and a reduction in apical right ventricular contractility...
- Regional ventricular wall thickening reflects changes in cardiac fiber and sheet structure during contraction: quantification with diffusion tensor MRIJunjie Chen
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1898-907. 2005Dynamic changes of myocardial fiber and sheet structure are key determinants of regional ventricular function. However, quantitative characterization of the contraction-related changes in fiber and sheet structure has not been reported...
- Modeling ventricular repolarization: effects of transmural and apex-to-base heterogeneities in action potential durationsP Colli Franzone
Dipartimento di Matematica, Istituto di Analisi Nuerica C N R, Universita di Pavia, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Math Biosci 214:140-52. 2008..These findings are independent of the stimulus location (epicardial, endocardial) and of Purkinje involvement...
- Reproducibility of the ventricular synchronization parameters assessed by multiharmonic phase analysis of radionuclide angiography in the normal heartJ F Toussaint
Physiology and Radioisotopes Unit, Hĵpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 18:187-94. 2002..These results, consistent with published electrophysiological data, provide the basis for further non-invasive investigations of ventricular resynchronization in patients with basal electrical or mechanical asynchrony...
- Activated human platelet products induce proarrhythmic effects in ventricular myocytesJonas S S G De Jong
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:347-56. 2011..These changes may trigger and support reentrant arrhythmias in ischemia models of coronary thrombosis...
- Ventricular function abnormalities in active rheumatoid arthritis: a Doppler echocardiographic studyFunda Levendoglu
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Meram Medical School of Selcuk University, Meram Konya, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 24:141-6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to evaluate cardiac involvement in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Intramyocardial sustained delivery of basic fibroblast growth factor improves angiogenesis and ventricular function in a rat infarct modelAtsushi Iwakura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Heart Vessels 18:93-9. 2003..was to assess whether bFGF-incorporating gelatin hydrogels induce myocardial angiogenesis and improve left ventricular function in the infarcted myocardium of rats...
- Assessment of right heart function in the athlete's heartMustafa Kemal Erol
Department of Cardiology, Medical School Hospital, Ataturk University, 25050 Erzurum, Turkey
Heart Vessels 16:175-80. 2002..They suggest that these changes are a normal physiologic adaptation to prolonged training...
- Preservation of ventricular function in amateur athletes after completion of a marathonAllison J Kean
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:202-5. 2006..Limited information is available on the effect of an endurance event such as a marathon on the left ventricular indices and hemodynamics...
- Differences between left and right ventricular chamber geometry affect cardiac vulnerability to electric shocksBlanca Rodriguez
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Circ Res 97:168-75. 2005..Knowledge regarding the location of the main postshock excitable area within the 3-D ventricular volume could be important for improving defibrillation efficacy...
- Validation and application of single breath-hold cine cardiac MR for ventricular function assessment in children with congenital heart disease at rest and during adenosine stressAndrew M Taylor
Department of Radiology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:743-51. 2005To validate the accuracy of ventricular function analysis using a single breath-hold real-time steady sate free precession (SSFP) cine MR method and demonstrate its application during adenosine stress imaging in children with congenital ..
- Inhibition of calcineurin and sarcolemmal Ca2+ influx protects cardiac morphology and ventricular function in K(v)4.2N transgenic miceRajan Sah
Department of Physiology and the Division of Cardiology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Circulation 105:1850-6. 2002..2N mice results from elevations in intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i) secondary to AP prolongation and investigated the putative roles of calcineurin activation in heart disease development of K(v)4.2N mice...
- A model-based time-reversal of left ventricular motion improves cardiac motion analysis using tagged MRI dataTareq Alrefae
Physics, Kuwait University, Khaldia, Kuwait
Biomed Eng Online 7:15. 2008..This paper addresses this issue and provides a solution to make such measurements possible...
- In-vivo validation of a new non-invasive continuous ventricular stroke volume monitoring system in an animal modelMaurits K Konings
Department of Medical Technology and Clinical Physics, University Medical Center Utrecht, 100 Heidelberglaan, Utrecht 3584 CX, The Netherlands
Crit Care 15:R165. 2011..A prototype using this new method was built (the hemologic cardiac profiler, HCP) and validated against a reference method in a pig model during variations in cardiac output...
- A comparative echocardiographic assessment of ventricular function in five species of sharksN Chin Lai
Marine Biology Research Division and Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 137:505-21. 2004..The study contrasted the ventricular function in the highly active mako shark (heart type IV) and four other sharks (heart type III) that differ in ..
- Normal limits of gated blood pool SPECT count-based regional cardiac function parametersKenneth J Nichols
Division of Nuclear Medicine, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, 270 05 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:717-25. 2008..This investigation sought to establish LV and RV count-based GBPS regional functional normal limits and to quantify their reproducibility...
- Principal strain orientation in the normal human left ventricleBrian P Cupps
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 79:1338-43. 2005....
- Supernormal left ventricular diastolic function in triathletesP J Claessens
Department of Cardiology, Imeldaziekenhuis, Bonheiden, Belgium
Tex Heart Inst J 28:102-10. 2001..We determined that triathletes may develop supernormal left ventricular diastolic function with increased diastolic reserves...
- Myocardial performance during progressive exercise in athletic adolescent malesThomas W Rowland
Department of Pediatrics, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:1721-8. 2009The extent that enhanced ventricular function contributes to superior aerobic fitness of trained athletes is unclear...
- Device-guided paced breathing in the home setting: effects on exercise capacity, pulmonary and ventricular function in patients with chronic heart failure: a pilot studyGianfranco Parati
Department of Cardiology, S Luca Hospital, IRCCS, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Circ Heart Fail 1:178-83. 2008..Regular slow breathing is known to improve autonomic cardiac regulation and reduce chemoreflex sensitivity in heart failure. We explored the acceptability and usefulness of a device for paced slow breathing at the home setting...
- The impact of marathon running upon ventricular function as assessed by 2D, Doppler, and tissue-Doppler echocardiographyDavid Oxborough
Cardiac Ultrasound Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Echocardiography 23:635-41. 2006..Conversely, a reduction in diastolic function was observed in both ventricles for which a mechanism has yet to be deduced...
- Systolic coronary flow impediment in the dog: role of ventricular pressure and contractilityP Pagliaro
Division of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, London WC2R 2LS, UK
Exp Physiol 83:821-31. 1998..When systolic pressure exceeds 100 mmHg the shielding effect is overcome and the amplitude of the systolic flow reduction varies with ventricular pressure...
- Imaging of ventricular function by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceVikas K Rathi
Cardiovascular MRI, Allegheny General Hospital, Drexel University, 320 East North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 6:55-61. 2004..has vaulted to the forefront as the ideal diagnostic modality for the evaluation of both left and right ventricular function. The accumulated literature supports this contention for the left ventricle...
- Assessment of diastolic ventricular function in fetuses of diabetic mothers using tissue DopplerMaria Amélia Bulhões Hatém
Fetal Cardiology Unit, Institute of Cardiology of Rio Grande do Sul Universitary Cardiology Foundation, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cardiol Young 18:297-302. 2008..To identify the presence of ventricular diastolic dysfunction by tissue Doppler in fetuses of diabetic mothers, with or without septal hypertrophy, in comparison to fetuses of nondiabetic mothers...
- Right ventricular function and failure: a reviewR Hines
Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 64:295-307. 1991..The physiological determinants of normal right ventricular function will be discussed, with particular emphasis on the afterload and contractility characteristics of the right ..
- Effects of weight loss after gastric bypass on right and left ventricular function assessed by tissue Doppler imagingHoward J Willens
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33021 8437, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1521-4. 2005..6 +/- 2.5 to 10.3 +/- 2.7 cm/s, p = 0.037). In patients with severe obesity, significant weight loss results in an increase in tricuspid annular systolic and early diastolic velocities and mitral annular early diastolic velocities...
- Fast LV motion estimation using subspace approximation techniquesY P Wang
The Advanced Digital Imaging Research, LLC, League City, TX 77573, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:499-513. 2001..The method is applied to a temporal sequence of two-dimensional images and is validated with simulated and in vivo heart data...
- Rate dependency of delayed rectifier currents during the guinea-pig ventricular action potentialM Rocchetti
Department of Biotechnology and Biosciences, University of Milano-Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milan, Italy
J Physiol 534:721-32. 2001..The mechanisms identified are such as to contribute to abnormal rate dependency of repolarization in prolonged repolarization syndromes...
- Quantification of myocardial strain at early systole in mouse heart: restoration of undeformed tagging grid with single-point HARPWei Li
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44122, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:608-14. 2010..To develop accurate strain and torsion quantification method for the assessment of myocardial contraction in mice by MRI tagging...
- Impact of ionic current variability on human ventricular cellular electrophysiologyLucia Romero
Instituto de Investigación Interuniversitario en Bioingeniería y Tecnología Orientada al Ser Humano, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1436-45. 2009..The results show the importance of sensitivity analysis as a powerful method for the in-depth validation of mathematical models in cardiac electrophysiology...
- Measurement of strain and strain rate by echocardiography: ready for prime time?Thomas H Marwick
University of Queensland Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1313-27. 2006..Echocardiographic strain and SR imaging has been applied to the assessment of resting ventricular function, the assessment of myocardial viability using low-dose dobutamine infusion, and stress testing for ischemia...
- Nuclear targeting of Akt enhances ventricular function and myocyte contractilityMarcello Rota
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circ Res 97:1332-41. 2005..Together, these observations provide a plausible biochemical mechanism for the potentiation of myocyte and ventricular function in Akt transgenic mice...
- Assessment of ventricular function and mass by cardiac magnetic resonance imagingKhaled Alfakih
British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George Street, Leeds, UK
Eur Radiol 14:1813-22. 2004..The excellent reproducibility makes temporal follow-up of any individual patient in the clinical setting a realistic possibility. This review examines the merits of CMR and describes the techniques used...
- Fast tracking of cardiac motion using 3D-HARPLi Pan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 601 N Caroline St JHOC 4240, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1425-35. 2005..8605 and r2 = 0.8645, respectively. The total time required for tracking 3-D cardiac motion is approximately 10 min in a 9 timeframe tagged MRI dataset and has the potential to be much faster...
- Mechanistic role of I(f) revealed by induction of ventricular automaticity by somatic gene transfer of gating-engineered pacemaker (HCN) channelsTian Xue
Department of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy, University of California, Davis, USA
Circulation 115:1839-50. 2007....
- Prevention of Complications in ThalassemiaElliott P Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..under investigation include: 1) Deferoxamine (DFO) and deferiprone (L1) combination therapy improves left ventricular function more rapidly than DFO/placebo therapy among transfusion dependent beta-thalassemia patients with abnormal ..
- Tadalafil for Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Chronic Lung DiseaseSHARON IRENE SMITH ROUNDS; Fiscal Year: 2013..non-invasive assessment by 2-dimensional echocardiography of pulmonary artery systolic pressure and right ventricular function, dyspnea severity, health related quality of life assessed by validated standardized questionnaires, and, ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..These primary myoblasts have demonstrated engraftment and improvement in left ventricular function but with adverse event of arrhythmia...
- Inflammation and Repair in Cardiac Ischemia-ReperfusionLewis C Becker; Fiscal Year: 2011..models of (1) myocardial ischemia-reperfusion with measurement of infarct size and assessment of left ventricular function by echocardiography and pressure-volume loops and (2) post-ischemic inflammation of the cremaster muscle ..
- Adjunctive Use of Apyrase to Fibrinolytic TherapyRidong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..whether in the coronary fibrinolysis model in dogs, APT102 promotes improved myocardial perfusion and left ventricular function with minimal bleeding compared with clopidogrel...
- Cardioprotective Actions of Hydrogen SulfideDAVID JOSEPH LEFER; Fiscal Year: 2013..clearly demonstrate that physiological levels of H2S significantly ameliorate MI-R injury and preserve left ventricular function. Preliminary data also indicate that H2S therapy triggers both "early" and "late" myocardial ..
- Diet and pathophysiology of heart failure with preserved ejection fractionScott L Hummel; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will report diet-induced changes in blood pressure and in vascular and ventricular function using standard and novel non-invasive measures...
- Cell Based Therapies for Cystic FibrosisTracey L Bonfield; Fiscal Year: 2012..Translational and early-phase clinical research has demonstrated that cell-based therapies may improve left ventricular function, reduce myocardial ischemia and lead to improved lung function...
- Sex Differences in Myocardial Ischemia Triggered by Emotional Factors after MIViola Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2010..or treatments, and occur despite the fact that women have less coronary atherosclerosis and more preserved ventricular function than men...
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..adult bone marrow or marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) has improved perfusion and indices of ventricular function. The mechanisms of beneficial effect are incompletely understood, partly because methods are limited for ..
- Inhibition of GRK2 to Prevent Ventricular Remodeling and Heart Failure After CABGShahab A Akhter; Fiscal Year: 2013..grafting (CABG), long-term survival is markedly inferior for patients who present with depressed left ventricular function post-myocardial infarction...
- Computational Modeling and Accelerated Aging of the Ascending AortaJay D Humphrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..to elucidate underlying biomechanical causes of thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections, diminished left ventricular function due to stiffening of the aorta, and deleterious systemic hemodynamics as well as an improved design of ..
- Ubiquitin-like protein modification in diabetic cardiomyopathyJay Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..factor for both mortality and morbidity following myocardial infarction (MI), especially since post-MI left ventricular function is significantly worse in DM patients...
- Particle-Induced Cardiac Effects in Senescent MiceClarke Tankersley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, we test the hypothesis that PM uniquely challenges the pulmonary vasculature and right ventricular function. The protection afforded by natriuretic peptides wanes with age leaving the pulmonary vasculature and right ..
- The Comparative Effectiveness of Single versus Dual Chamber Cardioverter DefibrilPamela N Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..ICDs) for the primary prevention of sudden cardiac death in patients with HF and reduced left ventricular function has increased. However, these trials leave many questions, including optimal device selection, unanswered...
- The role of the extracellular biophysical and biomechanical milieu in CHDsLauren D Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..Decreased cardiac tropoelastin and procollagen gene expression and decreased left ventricular function in LHH compared to normal hearts suggest that significant deviations from normal ECM composition and ..
- Low Thyroid function and myocardial infarctionAnthony Martin Gerdes; Fiscal Year: 2013..New data from rats shows that TH treatment of MI improved left ventricular function without elevating heart rate and led to a remarkable change in myocyte shape and reduced chamber diameter/..
- Pathogen specific imaging of endocarditisPETER ROLF PANIZZI; Fiscal Year: 2013..PET/MRI, thereby combining a sensitive molecular modality (PET) with a leading modality for assessing left ventricular function which can also detect valvular insufficiency (MRI)...
- UFCC for Cardiovascular Cell Therapy Research NetworkCarl J Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific aims test whether skeletal myoblasts'(SkM) effect on ventricular function will be dependent on the presence of cells and not a reaction to the implantation process...
- Nonclinical Studies to Advance Novel Drug for Post-STEMI Cardiac RegenerationHYNDA KAREN KLEINMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..cardiac tissue, decreased infarct size, decreased inflammation, promoted angiogenesis, and improved ventricular function and animal survival...
- Treatment of Functional Impairment in Heart Failure Patients with DepressionKenneth E Freedland; Fiscal Year: 2012..evaluation will assess depression, HF self-care, and quality of life, as well as medical history, left ventricular function via echocardiography, biomarkers including BNP and CRP, 6-minute walk test performance, physical activity ..
- Right Ventricular-Pulmonary Vascular Interactions in Pulmonary HypertensionNaomi C Chesler; Fiscal Year: 2013..changes in these interactions with PAH progression and to quantify the effects of exercise on right ventricular function. We have a particular interest in the subpopulation of PAH with systemic sclerosis (SSc) because we ..
- Amplification of Cardiosphere-Derived Cell TherapyBRIAN RAYMOND WEIL; Fiscal Year: 2013..regenerative potential for the development of cell-based therapies to reverse myocyte loss and improve ventricular function in patients with ischemic heart disease...
- T helper 2 Inflammation &Severe Muscularization of Arteries in the Lungs.Gabriele Grunig; Fiscal Year: 2013..of IL-17 and IL-33 thereby directly determining the degree of pulmonary arterial muscularization and right ventricular function. The long range goal of this work takes advantage of the mouse model developed in my laboratory to identify ..
- Scalable Units for Building Vascularized Cardiac GraftLisa E Freed; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test the hypotheses that elastomeric scaffolds will preserve ventricular function post-MI, exogenous heart cells will survive and integrate electromechanically with host myocardium, and ..
- Genetic Markers of GIK Effect in Acute Coronary Syndrome in the IMMEDIATE TrialInga Peter; Fiscal Year: 2012..relationship of variants in the candidate genes with in-hospital and short-term plasma and left ventricular function markers will be tested in a subset of ~412 confirmed ACS cases who get extensive evaluation and return for ..
- Myocardial Effects of Erythropoietin During Resuscitation from Cardiac ArrestRAUL JAIME GAZMURI; Fiscal Year: 2013..function enabling preservation of left ventricular compli- ance during VF and preservation of left ventricular function after return of spontaneous circulation, (2) whether these effects are mediated through activation and ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2010..factors related to progression of subclinical to clinical CVD;(2) identify predictors of decline in ventricular function;(3) further understanding of the basis for racial/ethnic difference in CVD;and (4) provide a platform for ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..factors related to progression of subclinical to clinical CVD;(2) identify predictors of decline in ventricular function;(3) further understanding of the basis for racial/ethnic difference in CVD;and (4) provide a platform for ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2012..factors related to progression of subclinical to clinical CVD;(2) identify predictors of decline in ventricular function;(3) further understanding of the basis for racial/ethnic difference in CVD;and (4) provide a platform for ..
- Advanced Glycation End-Products in Human MyocardiumMartin M LeWinter; Fiscal Year: 2011..in the Operating Room from patients undergoing coronary bypass grafting who have well-preserved left ventricular function. In Aim 1 we will quantify AGE abundance in relation to the presence or absence of DM, HTN and DM+HTN and ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2009
- 4D MRI Development for Cardiovascular ImagingJing Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Assessments of coronary artery disease and ventricular function are crucial elements for heart health evaluation...
- A PDGFR inhibitor for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertensionLawrence S Zisman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effect of study drug on right ventricular function will be evaluated with echocardiography, and a new admittance technology to generate pressure-volume loops...
- Prognostic Impact and Arrhythmic Potential of Peri-infarct Zone by Cardiac MRIRaymond Y Kwong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) can characterize myocardial tissue changes and ventricular function after MI...
- Vagus stimulation protects against cardiac diastolic dysfunction in aging miceYi Fan Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Left ventricular function will be assessed using Millar Pressure-Volume catheter...
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Effects of Mechanical Unloading on Myocardial Function and Structure in HumansJosef Stehlik; Fiscal Year: 2013..In a subset of patients, LVAD unloading results in sustained improvement of left ventricular function, but the clinical or pathologic features associated with this functional recovery are not well described...
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2009
- mTOR in Growth and Protection of Hypertrophying MyocardiumDhandapani Kuppuswamy; Fiscal Year: 2012..augmentation of mTORC2 formation with rapamycin may serve to sustain this compensatory process and improve ventricular function during PO...
- Acute and Chronic Regulation of 20S Proteasome Function by cAMP-Dependent KinaseSARAH SCRUGGS; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Ventricular function, morphology, histology, 20S associating partners, and a global phosphorylation profile will be serially ..
- The Jefferson Regional Clinical Center for Heart Failure NetworkDavid J Whellan; Fiscal Year: 2013..prospective phase 2 clinical trial of the effects of SDD in a cohort of 200 HF subjects with reduced left ventricular function. The primary hypothesis is that SDD will significantly reduce left ventricular end diastolic volume index ..
- Electro-mechanical Resynchronization Therapy For Arrhythmogenic Right VentricularHarikrishna Tandri; Fiscal Year: 2012..to other disorders, such as forms of congenital heart disease and pulmonary hypertension, where right ventricular function is often affected...
- Midcareer Mentoring Award for Patient Oriented Research in Geriatric CardiologyMathew S Maurer; Fiscal Year: 2013..of many extracardiac factors that could contribute to the syndrome of HFNEF, is associated with improved ventricular function, functional capacity and health status...
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Integrative Cardiovascular Control During Exercise in HypertensionDONAL S O apos LEARY; Fiscal Year: 2010..the continuous beat-by-beat monitoring of wide variety of hemodynamic parameters and multiple indices of ventricular function in order to assess the strength and mechanisms of cardiovascular reflexes at rest and during dynamic ..
- ADENOSINE AND ENDOTHELIN IN MYOCARDIAL REPERFUSIONJohn Murray; Fiscal Year: 1993..means has been conclusively shown to reduce cardiac mortality, less striking beneficial effects on left ventricular function and infarct size reduction have been demonstrated...
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL REPERFUSION INJURYMERVYN FORMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Early reperfusion has been shown to reduce infarct size, improve ventricular function, and decrease mortality in the animal model and in man...
- Update and modification of Task Force Criteria for ARVD/CFrank Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2007..there are no quantitative limits to separate mild from moderate or more severe impairment of global right ventricular function. It is now necessary to eliminate subjective assessment and to define quantitative aspects for the Task ..
- ADAPTATIONS TO EXERCISE IN OLDER HYPERTENSIVE SUBJECTSAli Ehsani; Fiscal Year: 2000..3) to determine whether exercise-training can (a) induce regression or reduction of LVH, (b) improve left ventricular function, and (c) reduce arterial stiffness; and (4) to determine whether the training-induced decrease in BP is ..
- Differential 02 Sensing in Right and Left hearts: Crosstalk with Ca-SignalingShahrzad Movafagh; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although, current therapies improve left ventricular function, right heart pathologies are not effectively treated...
- SURGERY FOR ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONL Edmunds; Fiscal Year: 2000..regurgitation, left ventricular aneurysm or global left ventricular dilatation with progressive loss of ventricular function occurs...
- QUANTITATIVE ULTRASONIC IMAGING FOR MYOCARDIAL VIABILITYJulio Perez; Fiscal Year: 1999..disease to allow development of more effective prevention and thereby maintenance of global and segmental ventricular function. In addition, we propose to extend ultrasonic tissue characterization for development of three novel ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006Although cell transplant therapy has shown some promise in restoring tissue mass and improving left ventricular function after experimental myocardial infarction, the two major obstacles that must be overcome are 1) having an available ..
- QUANTITATIVE VENTRICULOGRAPHY USING DUAL-ENERGY DSAMICHAEL VAN LYSEL; Fiscal Year: 1992Previous applications of digital subtraction angiography (DSA) to the assessment of ventricular function, particularly during exercise, have been limited by cardiac, respiratory, and gross patient motion...
- Cord Blood: Treatment for Acute Myocardial InfarctionWilliam Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..stem cells (hUCBC) has been shown to be effective in limiting infarct size and in the preservation of left ventricular function and anatomy in a rat model...
- Oxidative Stress and Nitric Oxide in Aged MyocardiumROBERT LASLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..These factors are thought to play a role in aging-associated decreases in ventricular function, coronary vascular reserve, and tolerance to myocardial ischemia-reperfusion all of which may contribute to ..
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF AUTOIMMUNE ASSOCIATED CONGENITALMohamed Boutjdir; Fiscal Year: 1999..An inflammatory phase of cardiac injury has been noted in utero with decreased ventricular function and pericarditis...
- RIGHT VENTRICULAR FUNCTIONWILLIAM SANTAMORE; Fiscal Year: 1991..This maintenance of right ventricular function may be due solely to septal contraction or conceivably, this maintenance of right ventricular function may ..