Genomes and Genes
Summary: The venous pressure measured in the PORTAL VEIN.
Publications218 found, 100 shown here
- Measurement of portal pressure and its role in the management of chronic liver diseaseJaime Bosch
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Semin Liver Dis 26:348-62. 2006..of portal hypertension in patients with chronic liver diseases, with special attention to the measurement of portal pressure by hepatic vein catheterization...
- Antiangiogenic treatment with sunitinib ameliorates inflammatory infiltrate, fibrosis, and portal pressure in cirrhotic ratsSònia Tugues
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 46:1919-26. 2007..alpha-smooth muscle actin (alpha-SMA) accumulation, differential gene expression by microarrays, and portal pressure. Cirrhosis progression was associated with a significant enhancement of vascular density and expression of ..
- Hepatic venous pressure gradient predicts clinical decompensation in patients with compensated cirrhosisCristina Ripoll
Veterans Affairs CT Healthcare System, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Gastroenterology 133:481-8. 2007....
- Recombinant human manganese superoxide dismutase reduces liver fibrosis and portal pressure in CCl4-cirrhotic ratsMaeva Guillaume
Hepatic Haemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS and Ciberehd, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 58:240-6. 2013....
- Effects of probiotic therapy on portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis: a pilot studyPuneeta Tandon
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Liver Int 29:1110-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine whether the probiotic VSL#3 would reduce portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis.
- Correlation and comparison of the model for end-stage liver disease, portal pressure, and serum sodium for outcome prediction in patients with liver cirrhosisYing Wen Wang
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:706-12. 2007..The correlation among these markers and their predictive accuracy for survival are unclear...
- Model for end-stage liver disease score to serum sodium ratio index as a prognostic predictor and its correlation with portal pressure in patients with liver cirrhosisTeh Ia Huo
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Liver Int 27:498-506. 2007..The models for end-stage liver disease (MELD) and serum sodium (SNa) are important prognostic markers in cirrhosis. A novel index, MELD to SNa ratio (MESO), was developed to amplify the opposing effect of MELD and SNa on outcome prediction...
- Comparison of three research models of portal hypertension in mice: macroscopic, histological and portal pressure evaluationAnja M Geerts
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Ghent Univerity Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Exp Pathol 89:251-63. 2008..A correlation was made with portal pressure measurements. Histology revealed the absence of fibrosis or cirrhosis in PPVL mice...
- Antiviral therapy reduces portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis due to HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B and significant portal hypertensionSpilios Manolakopoulos
Department of Gastroenterology, Polyclinic General Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Hepatol 51:468-74. 2009Lamivudine improves liver histology in patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB), but its effects on portal pressure remain unknown...
- Increased plasma malondialdehyde in patients with viral cirrhosis and its relationships to plasma nitric oxide, endotoxin, and portal pressureKuei Chuan Lee
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 55:2077-85. 2010..Increased oxidative stress is involved in the development of portal hypertension in cirrhosis. Our study aimed to assess the relationship between oxidative stress and hemodynamic parameters in cirrhotic patients...
- Effect of the nitric oxide donor V-PYRRO/NO on portal pressure and sinusoidal dynamics in normal and cirrhotic miceClaire Edwards
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1311-7. 2008..This dose decreased portal pressure in cirrhotic (23.4 +/- 2.0%, P < 0.001 vs. vehicle) and sham-treated (19.5 +/- 2.3%, P < 0.001 vs...
- Effects of 1-year administration of olmesartan on portal pressure and TGF-beta1 in selected patients with cirrhosis: a randomized controlled trialHisashi Hidaka
Department of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University East Hospital, 2 1 1 Asamizodai, Minami Ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 0380, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:1316-23. 2011..The renin-angiotensin system plays an important role in hepatic fibrosis and portal hypertension. We evaluated the long-term effects of olmesartan, an angiotensin type 1 (AT1) receptor blocker, on hemodynamics and liver fibrosis...
- Novel inflammatory biomarkers of portal pressure in compensated cirrhosis patientsMartina Buck
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA Biomedical Sciences Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Hepatology 59:1052-9. 2014..Our diagnostic test was not efficient in predicting HVPG ≥ 12 mmHg...
- Tempol administration, a superoxide dismutase mimetic, reduces hepatic vascular resistance and portal pressure in cirrhotic ratsHéctor García-Calderó
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 54:660-5. 2011..contributes to increase intrahepatic vascular resistance to portal blood flow and as a consequence portal pressure. We aimed to evaluate whether a strategy directed to reduce superoxide using tempol, a small membrane ..
- Portal pressure predicts outcome and safety of antiviral therapy in cirrhotic patients with hepatitis C virus infectionThomas Reiberger
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:602-8.e1. 2011..There are limited data on the efficacy and safety of antiviral therapy in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV)-related cirrhosis, particularly on the impact of portal hypertension...
- Salvianolic acid B lowers portal pressure in cirrhotic rats and attenuates contraction of rat hepatic stellate cells by inhibiting RhoA signaling pathwayHong Xu
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Lab Invest 92:1738-48. 2012..Liver cirrhosis was induced in rats by peritoneal injection of dimethylnitrosamine and the portal pressure was measured. HSCs contraction was evaluated by collagen gel contraction assay...
- Adenoviral dominant-negative soluble PDGFRβ improves hepatic collagen, systemic hemodynamics, and portal pressure in fibrotic ratsV Reichenbach
Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Service, Hospital Clínic Provincial de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 57:967-73. 2012..Thereafter, we investigated the effects produced by an adenovirus encoding a dominant-negative soluble PDGFRβ (sPDGFRβ) on hemodynamic parameters, PDGFRβ signaling pathway, and fibrosis...
- A comparison of islet autotransplantation with allotransplantation and factors elevating acute portal pressure in clinical islet transplantationToshiyasu Kawahara
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, 2D4 44 Walter C Mackenzie Centre, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2B7, Canada
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 19:281-8. 2012Acute portal pressure rise is occasionally observed during intraportal islet infusion, especially in islet autotransplantation (IAT) where tissue purification is rarely applied...
- Chronic administration of ursodeoxycholic acid decreases portal pressure in rats with biliary cirrhosisYing Ying Yang
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei 11217, Taiwan
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:71-9. 2009..The results showed that portal pressure and IHR, hepatic levels of PIIINP, hepatic collagen deposition, mRNA expression of PIIIP-alpha1 and TGF-beta1,..
- Review article: the therapeutic and prognostic benefit of portal pressure reduction in cirrhosisC K Triantos
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Patras, Greece
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:943-52. 2008..Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) measurement is not a routinely used technique, despite its therapeutic and prognostic value...
- The extent of the collateral circulation influences the postprandial increase in portal pressure in patients with cirrhosisAgustin Albillos
Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Gut 56:259-64. 2007In cirrhosis, repeated flares of portal pressure and collateral blood flow provoked by postprandial hyperaemia may contribute to variceal dilation and rupture.
- Pharmacological reduction of portal pressure and long-term risk of first variceal bleeding in patients with cirrhosisJuan Turnes
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 101:506-12. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether this protective effect is maintained in the long term and if it extends to other portal hypertension complications...
- ADMA correlates with portal pressure in patients with compensated cirrhosisF Vizzutti
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 37:509-15. 2007..We therefore investigated the possible implication of ADMA in chronic liver diseases-induced portal hypertension...
- Captopril reduces portal pressure effectively in portal hypertensive patients with low portal venous velocitySoon Koo Baik
Department of Internal Medicine, Wonju Christian Hospital, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsan dong, 220 701 Wonju, South Korea
J Gastroenterol 38:1150-4. 2003The effect of an angiotensin II blockade in lowering the portal pressure in patients with liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension is controversial...
- Simvastatin lowers portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a randomized controlled trialJuan G Abraldes
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 136:1651-8. 2009..This randomized controlled trial evaluated the effects of continuous simvastatin administration on the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and its safety in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension...
- Superoxide dismutase gene transfer reduces portal pressure in CCl4 cirrhotic rats with portal hypertensionB Laviña
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Gut 58:118-25. 2009..NO scavenging by superoxide (O(2)(-)) further contributes to a reduction of NO bioavailability in cirrhotic livers...
- Recent variceal bleeding: Doppler US hepatic vein waveform in assessment of severity of portal hypertension and vasoactive drug responseSoon Koo Baik
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsan dong, Wonju 220 701, South Korea
Radiology 240:574-80. 2006..To prospectively evaluate both the correlation between abnormal Doppler ultrasonography (US) hepatic vein waveforms and the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and the response to drug treatment in patients with cirrhosis...
- Acute and 7-day portal pressure response to carvedilol and propranolol in cirrhoticsBinay K De
Department of Medicine, Istitute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:183-9. 2002..Carvedilol, a non-selective beta- and alpha-1 blocking agent, has portal hypotensive action. This study evaluates the acute and 7-day response to carvedilol, and compares it to that of propranolol...
- Assessment of the agreement between wedge hepatic vein pressure and portal vein pressure in cirrhotic patientsU Thalheimer
Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Medicine Unit, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, NW3 2QG London, UK Internal Medicine Dept, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro, Verona, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:601-8. 2005Measuring wedged hepatic venous pressure and hepatic venous pressure gradient as indices of portal pressure is being increasingly used in assessing the prognosis and response to pharmacological treatment for portal hypertension in ..
- NCX-1000, a nitric oxide-releasing derivative of UDCA, does not decrease portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis: results of a randomized, double-blind, dose-escalating studyAnnalisa Berzigotti
Hepatic Hemodynamics Laboratory, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1094-101. 2010..This study was aimed at testing the efficacy and tolerability of this compound in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension...
- Kupffer cell activation by hydrogen peroxide: a new mechanism of portal pressure increaseChristian J Steib
Department of Medicine II Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Munich Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Shock 33:412-8. 2010..targets of vasoconstrictors involved in the regulation of intrahepatic microcirculation and therefore portal pressure. The effects of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), xanthine/xanthine oxidase or a thromboxane (TX) analogue (U46619; 0...
- Current concepts on the pathophysiology of portal hypertensionAina Rodriguez-Vilarrupla
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit Institut Malalties Digestives I Metabòliques, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, CIBER Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Barcelona, Spain
Ann Hepatol 6:28-36. 2007..When the portal pressure gradient (the difference between pressures in the portal and the inferior vena cava veins: normal value below ..
- Measurement of portal pressure: when, how, and why to do itRoberto Groszmann
Digestive Diseases 111H, Veterans Affairs, Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Clin Liver Dis 10:499-512, viii. 2006..The ease, accuracy, and safety of HVPG measurement has made it a valuable tool in the research arena and, increasingly, in clinical practice...
- Science to practice: Noninvasive assessment of portal hypertension--can US aid in the prediction of portal pressure and monitoring of therapy?Ethan J Halpern
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Jefferson Prostate Diagnostic Center, 132 S 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 5244, USA
Radiology 240:309-10. 2006..Ongoing research suggests that microbubble contrast agents may enable a more quantitative noninvasive estimate of intravascular pressures with US...
- Somatostatin treatment and risk stratification by continuous portal pressure monitoring during acute variceal bleedingC Villanueva
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Avgda Sant Antoni Ma Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 121:110-7. 2001..Whether somatostatin can suppress these increments is unknown. This study monitored somatostatin effects on HVPG during acute bleeding and assessed whether the changes affect outcome...
- Altered blood-brain barrier permeability in rats with prehepatic portal hypertension turns to normal when portal pressure is loweredFrancisco Eizayaga
Laboratory of Portal Hypertension, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Junin 956, C P 1113, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Republica Argentina
World J Gastroenterol 12:1367-72. 2006To study the blood-brain barrier integrity in prehepatic portal hypertensive rats induced by partial portal vein ligation,at 14 and 40 d after ligation when portal pressure is spontaneously normalized.
- In vivo gene transfer of endothelial nitric oxide synthase decreases portal pressure in anaesthetised carbon tetrachloride cirrhotic ratsM Van de Casteele
Laboratory of Hepatology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Gut 51:440-5. 2002..Enhanced endothelin-1 and decreased activity of hepatic constitutive endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS 3) was reported in carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) cirrhotic rat liver...
- [Effect and mechanism of salvianolic acid B in attenuating elevated portal pressure in a rat model of portal hypertension induced by endothelin-1]Yang Zhou
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 5:61-4. 2007..To investigate the effects of salvianolic acid B (SA-B) on portal hypertension induced by endothelin-1 in rats...
- The relationship between liver function and portal pressure: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?Christos Triantos
J Hepatol 42:146-7; author reply 147-8. 2005
- High-density lipoprotein administration attenuates liver proinflammatory response, restores liver endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity, and lowers portal pressure in cirrhotic ratsDominique Thabut
INSERM, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Paris 75018, France
Hepatology 46:1893-906. 2007..The portal pressure was measured. The plasma HDL levels were significantly lower in cirrhotic rats than in control rats...
- Should we routinely measure portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis, using hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) as a guide for prophylaxis and therapy of bleeding and rebleeding? NoUlrich Thalheimer
The Sheila Sherlock Liver Centre, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Intern Med 22:5-7. 2011..This has diminished its applicability. Combining its use with transjugular liver biopsy and using the prognostic value of HVPG may help encourage its use...
- Effect of carvedilol on portal pressure estimated by hepatic vein Doppler ultrasound waveform and damping index in cirrhotic patientsQurban Hussain
Medical ICU, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 20:586-9. 2010To assess the effect of Carvedilol in reducing portal pressure estimated non-invasively by studying Doppler ultrasound waveforms (DUS) and hepatic vein Damping Index (DI).
- Chronic administration of losartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, is not effective in reducing portal pressure in patients with preascitic cirrhosisDhiraj Tripathi
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Am J Gastroenterol 99:390-4. 2004..We aimed to study both the systemic and portal hemodynamics, and tolerability after chronic administration of losartan, an ANG II receptor antagonist...
- Right atrial pressure is not adequate to calculate portal pressure gradient in cirrhosis: a clinical-hemodynamic correlation studyVincenzo La Mura
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 51:2108-16. 2010..HVPG), the difference between wedge and free hepatic venous pressure, is the preferred method for estimating portal pressure. However, it has been suggested that hepatic atrial pressure gradient (HAPG)--the gradient between wedge ..
- Mild increases in portal pressure upregulate vascular endothelial growth factor and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in the intestinal microcirculatory bed, leading to a hyperdynamic stateJuan G Abraldes
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, Digestive Disease 111H, 950 Campbell Ave, New Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G980-7. 2006..with advanced portal hypertension (PHT), but the initial mechanisms and the magnitude of increase in portal pressure required to trigger NO production are not known...
- Sustained rise of portal pressure after sclerotherapy, but not band ligation, in acute variceal bleeding in cirrhosisAlec Avgerinos
2nd Department of Gastroenterology, Athens University, Evangelismos Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatology 39:1623-30. 2004During variceal bleeding, several factors may increase portal pressure, which in turn may precipitate further bleeding...
- Renovascular impedance correlates with portal pressure in patients with liver cirrhosisAnnalisa Berzigotti
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Cardioangiologia, Epatologia, Universita di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Via Albertoni 15 40138 Bologna, Italy
Radiology 240:581-6. 2006..with liver cirrhosis, the correlation between the renovascular impedance measured by using color flow and pulsed wave Doppler ultrasonography (US) and the portal pressure measured by using the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG).
- The influence of endoscopic variceal ligation on the portal pressure gradient in cirrhoticsJulio C Pereira-Lima
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Porto Alegre School of Medical Sciences FFFCMPA, Santa Casa University Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 50:102-6. 2003..The aim of this study is to verify the impact of the eradication of esophageal varices by endoscopic ligation on the portal pressure gradient, worsening of portal hypertensive gastropathy and development of fundal varices.
- Prognostic value of portal pressure at the time of Kasai operation in patients with biliary atresiaMatthieu Duché
Paediatric Surgery, Hepatology, Intensive Care, Pathology and Radiology Units, Bicetre University Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:640-5. 2006To examine the prognostic value of portal pressure at the time of Kasai operation in patients with biliary atresia (BA).
- Regenerative response in the pig liver remnant varies with the degree of resection and rise in portal pressureKim Erlend Mortensen
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G819-30. 2008..Six pig livers were resected with 62% (low portal pressure resection) and 75% (high portal pressure resection), resulting in a portal venous pressure increase from a ..
- Preservation of portal pressure improves growth and metabolic profile in the male portacaval-shunted ratSrinivasan Dasarathy
Schwartz Center for Metabolism and Nutrition, Division of Gastroenterology, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:1936-42. 2002..The severity of these abnormalities is variable and may be related to a number of factors, including portal pressure, portosystemic shunting, dietary intake, and how efficiently food is used...
- Patency of stents covered with polytetrafluoroethylene in patients treated by transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts: long-term results of a randomized multicentre studyChristophe Bureau
Federation Digestive Purpan, Service Hepato Gastro Enterologie CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Liver Int 27:742-7. 2007..In conclusion, the improvement in TIPS patency by using covered prostheses is maintained over time with a decreased risk of encephalopathy, while the risk of death was not increased...
- Prevention of hepatic infarction as acute-phase complication of TIPS by temporary balloon occlusion in a patient with primary myelofibrosisSatoshi Kobayashi
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Radiat Med 22:432-6. 2004..In such cases, temporary balloon occlusion of TIPS is an effective therapeutic method, probably as a result of inducing the development of arterial compensation through the peribiliary plexus...
- Optimal portal venous circulation for liver graft function after living-donor liver transplantationShintaro Yagi
First Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu City, Japan
Transplantation 81:373-8. 2006..We investigated optimal portal venous circulation for liver graft function after LDLT in adult recipients retrospectively...
- Postprandial splanchnic haemodynamic changes in patients with liver cirrhosis and patent paraumbilical veinAnnalisa Berzigotti
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Cardioangiologia, Epatologia, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1339-45. 2004..We aimed to study the postprandial modifications of splanchnic circulation in patients with a patent paraumbilical vein (PUV)...
- [Intra-operative evaluation of portal pressure and immediate results of surgical treatment of portal hypertension in schistosomotic patients submitted to esophagogastric devascularization with splenectomy]Walter De Biase da Silva-Neto
Departamento de Cirurgia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO
Arq Gastroenterol 41:150-4. 2004..The hemodynamic alterations after surgical treatment and its possible influence on the outcome are not well established...
- Improvement of portal hypertension and hepatic blood flow in cirrhotic rats by oestrogenM Sakamoto
Second Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 35:220-5. 2005..In this study, we investigated the effects of oestrogen on nitric oxide synthase activity and nitric oxide production using the cirrhotic rat liver...
- Fate of bradykinin on the rat liver when administered by the venous or arterial routeLuciana Gioli-Pereira
Department of Biochemistry, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:463-73. 2005..Bradykinin (BK) infused into the portal vein elicits a hypertensive response via the B2 receptor (B2R) and is efficiently hydrolyzed by the liver. Our purpose was to characterize the mechanism of interaction between BK and the liver...
- Pathophysiology of portal hypertension in HCV-related cirrhosis. Putative role of assessment of portal pressure gradient in Peginterferon-treated patientsL Ratti
Department of Clinical Medicine, Prevention and Applied Biotechnical Technologies, Azienda Ospedaliera San Gerardo and Milano Bicocca University, Via Donizetti 106 20052 Monza, Milano, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:886-93. 2005..in the clinical assessment of portal hypertension and its management, could provide information on the portal pressure-lowering effects of interferon treatment affecting the fibrosis score...
- Relationship between the degree of portal hypertension and the onset of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in patients with cirrhosisThomas Sersté
Department of Gastroenterology, ULB Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 69:355-60. 2006..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that an association exists between the degree of portal hypertension and the occurrence of SBP...
- Value of the hepatic venous pressure gradient to monitor drug therapy for portal hypertension: a meta-analysisAgustin Albillos
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1116-26. 2007..Our aim was to establish whether target HVPG reduction predicts variceal bleeding in cirrhotic patients receiving variceal bleeding prophylaxis...
- A novel endovascular adjustable polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent for the management of hepatic encephalopathy after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shuntJoshua L Weintraub
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:563-6. 2007..This method was successful in narrowing the patient's TIPS, acutely increasing the portosystemic gradient and reversing the hepatic encephalopathy...
- A 3-month course of long-acting repeatable octreotide (sandostatin LAR) improves portal hypertension in patients with cirrhosis: a randomized controlled studyLaurent Spahr
Transplantation Unit, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1397-405. 2007..Information on long-term effects of octreotide is limited and controversial. We evaluated portal and systemic hemodynamics following a prolonged administration of long-acting octreotide in patients with cirrhosis...
- [Laparoscopic devascularization of the stomach and the abdominal esophagus with the LigaSure instrument in a porcine model]Laszlo Benko
Pécsi TudomBnyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Sebészeti Oktaó6 és Kutató Intézet
Magy Seb 59:45-9. 2006..In this study we proved the feasibility of a new minimally invasive procedure for the devascularisation of the proximal stomach and the abdominal esophagus to prevent recurrent variceal bleeding in portal hypertension in a new animal model...
- Effects of splenic artery occlusion on portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertensionAngelo Luca
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Istituto Mediterraneo per i Trapianti e Terapie ad Alta Specializzazione, Palermo, Italy
Liver Transpl 12:1237-43. 2006..In 15 cirrhotic patients, portal pressure gradient (PPG) was measured just before inserting a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS), in ..
- [Measurement of portal pressure: a clinical parameter or research tool?]L Ruiz-del-Arbol Olmos
Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:237-9. 2005
- Losartan in preascitic cirrhosisGustavo Castano
Am J Gastroenterol 99:2282-3. 2004
- Covered transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic stents maintain lower portal pressure and require fewer reinterventions than uncovered stentsJ Ockenga
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Endokrinologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:994-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the patency, functional and haemodynamic results of expanded-polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE)-covered transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Different haemodynamic effects of a single dose of long-acting isosorbide-5-mononitrate in healthy subjects and patients with cirrhotic portal hypertensionF Piscaglia
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Azienda S Orsola Malpighi, Via Albertoni 15, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:594-602. 2004..The action pathways of nitrates are hypothesised to be deranged in cirrhosis...
- Hepatic venous pressure gradient and outcomes in cirrhosisCristina Ripoll
Hepatology and Liver Transplant Unit, Department of Digestive Diseases Hospital Gregorio Marañón and Ciber EHD, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S330-5. 2007..Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG), as an estimation of portal pressure, has been associated to the development of these complications...
- Hepatic venous pressure in practice: how, when, and whyJulio D Vorobioff
University of Rosario Medical School, Rosario, Argentina
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S336-43. 2007....
- Correlations of portal hypertensive gastropathy of hepatitis B cirrhosis with other factorsWei dong Pan
Department of General Surgery, Third Affiliated Hospital, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:527-31. 2002..To study the clinical relations of portal hypertensive gastropathy (PHG) of hepatitis B cirrhosis to other factors...
- The role of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) in the management of portal hypertensionLuis Colombato
Hepatic Hemodynamic Section, Liver Unit, Gastroenterology Department, Buenos Aires British Hospital, Buenos Aires School of Medicine, Buenos Aires University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S344-51. 2007..TIPS constitutes the most frequently employed tool to achieve portosystemic shunting. TIPS acts by lowering portal pressure, which is the main underlying pathophysiologic determinant of the major complications of cirrhosis...
- Wedged hepatic venous pressure does not reflect portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis and hepatic veno-venous communicationsYuji Osada
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Nippon Medical School Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 53:7-13. 2008..001). Large porto-systemic collaterals did not affect the relationship. We conclude that HVVC affects the relationship between PVP and WHVP. When WHVP is measured, occluded hepatic venography should be examined to detect HVVC...
- Effect of propranolol and depot lanreotide SR on postprandial and circadian portal haemodynamics in cirrhosisP Schiedermaier
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:777-84. 2003..Long-acting somatostatin analogues have been suggested as an alternative to propranolol for the prevention of variceal rebleeding...
- Hepatic flow parameters measured with MR imaging and Doppler US: correlations with degree of cirrhosis and portal hypertensionLaurence Annet
Department of Radiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 229:409-14. 2003..To determine the correlations between hemodynamic parameters of hepatic flow measured with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and Doppler ultrasonography (US) and the severity of cirrhosis and portal hypertension...
- Decompensated porto-pulmonary hypertension in a cirrhotic patient with thrombosis of portocaval shuntChiara Giannarelli
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, Pisa 56126, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:6439-40. 2007..In fact, it has been demonstrated that the increased portal pressure, caused by occlusion of portosystemic shunt, reduces renal plasma flow and increases systemic endothelin-1 ..
- Irbesartan plus low-dose propranolol versus low-dose propranolol alone in cirrhosis: a placebo-controlled, double-blind studyMichael Schepke
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1152-8. 2008Angiotensin II receptor antagonists have been shown to moderately lower portal pressure in some patients with cirrhosis but may have adverse effects on kidney function...
- Noninvasive prediction of clinically significant portal hypertension and esophageal varices in patients with compensated liver cirrhosisAnnalisa Berzigotti
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS and Centro de Investigación Biomèdica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1159-67. 2008..We aimed to develop a model based on noninvasive variables for the prediction of clinically significant portal hypertension (CSPH) and of esophageal varices (EV) in patients with compensated liver disease...
- Use of portocaval venografts with ameroid constrictor placement and hepatic lobectomy for treatment of intralobular intrahepatic portocaval shunts in four dogsKelly L Gellasch
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 222:455-60, 449. 2003..To maintain portal pressure at an acceptable value after lobectomy, an extrahepatic portocaval shunt vessel can be created by use of an ..
- Effects of prophylactic splenic artery modulation on portal overperfusion and liver regeneration in small-for-size graftYuzo Umeda
Department of Gastroenterological Transplant Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Shikata cho, Okayama City, Okayama, Japan
Transplantation 86:673-80. 2008..Various approaches for portal decompression have been used, but details of their impact on liver regeneration in SFS graft remain unclear. We examined the effect of prophylactic splenic artery modulation (SAM)...
- The molecules: mechanisms of arterial vasodilatation observed in the splanchnic and systemic circulation in portal hypertensionYasuko Iwakiri
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S288-94. 2007....
- Hemodynamic effects of propranolol and nitrates in cirrhotics with transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic stent-shuntK A Brensing
Dept of Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1070-6. 2002..The combination of tailored TIPS with vasoactive drugs might allow reduction of the rate of subsequent shunt-related sequelae...
- Monitoring target reduction in hepatic venous pressure gradient during pharmacological therapy of portal hypertension: a close look at the evidenceU Thalheimer
Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Unit, Royal Free Hospital, Pond St, London NW3 2QG, UK
Gut 53:143-8. 2004..However, the clinical validity and applicability of monitoring for target HVPG reductions is not sufficiently proven and needs to be specifically evaluated in a prospective trial...
- Prevention of recurrent esophageal variceal hemorrhage: review and current recommendationsDavid Kravetz
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S318-22. 2007..The only difference observed was the higher rate of reintervention observed in the TIPS group to maintain his patency...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with portal hypertension and without liver involvement: a case report underlining the roles of increased spleno-portal blood flow and "protective" sinusoidal vasoconstrictionJ Y Wilputte
Service de Gastroenterologie, cliniques UCL St Luc, Bruxelles
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 66:303-6. 2003..This case shows the potential for an increased spleno-poral flow to generate severe portal hypertension likely through a "protective" sinusoidal vasoconstriction...
- [Effects of acute octreotide infusion on renal function in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension]Guillermo Silva
Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 132:144-50. 2004..The consequences of these haemodynamic changes on renal circulation are not well known in cirrhotic patients...
- Hepatic venous pressure gradient does not correlate with the presence and the severity of portal hypertensive gastropathy in patients with liver cirrhosisLia Bellis
Haemodynamic Unit, Marino General Hospital, Via XXIV Maggio, 00047 Marino, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 16:273-7. 2007..To evaluate whether the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) differs between cirrhotic patients with severe portal hypertensive gastropathy (PHG) and those with mild or absent PHG...
- Vascular deterioration in cirrhosis: the big pictureJaime Bosch
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona and Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas Ciberehd, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S247-53. 2007..Advances in the knowledge of the mechanisms of these abnormalities have disclosed new targets for therapy and ultimately improved survival...
- Hemodynamics in the isolated cirrhotic liverAlexander Zipprich
First Department of Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S254-8. 2007Increased intrahepatic resistance is the initial event to the increased portal pressure and development portal hypertension in cirrhosis...
- Early and long-term clinical and radiological follow-up results of expanded-polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent-grafts for transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt proceduresGeert Maleux
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 14:1842-50. 2004..The incidence of TIPS-induced hepatic encephalopathy is acceptable...
- Molecular mechanisms of increased intrahepatic resistance in portal hypertensionVijay Shah
Gastrointestinal Research Unit and Advanced Liver Disease Study Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S259-61. 2007..This review will focus on these processes within the intrahepatic circulation, a circulatory bed whose study, that Dr Roberto Groszmann has pioneered...
- Portal hypertension and blood viscosityEmanuel Sikuler
Department of Medicine B, Faculty of Health Sciences, The Soroka Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S262-5. 2007Previous studies, exploring the effect of blood viscosity on portal pressure in portal hypertensive humans and animal models, have shown conflicting results...
- Combined devascularization and proximal splenorenal shunt: is this a better option than either procedure alone?Chong En Xu
The Queensland Liver Transplant Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba QLD 4102, Australia
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:129-34. 2004....
- Preventing the development of varices in cirrhosisGuadalupe Garcia-Tsao
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S300-4. 2007..Nonselective beta-adrenergic blockers decrease portal pressure and are effective in preventing variceal hemorrhage...
- The treatment of acute variceal bleedingJuan G Abraldes
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Institut Malalties Digestives i Metabòliques, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S312-7. 2007..This paper reviews the most recent advancements in the general management and hemostatic treatments of acute variceal bleeding...
- Preventing first variceal hemorrhage in cirrhosisAgustin Albillos
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, CIBERehd, Unidad I D Asociada al Centro Nacional de Biotecnología CSIC, Universidad Alcala, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:S305-11. 2007..However, no study has yet demonstrated that banding as rescue therapy in nonresponders lowers the risk of first bleeding and improves survival...
- Portal blood flow, effective hepatic blood flow, and outcome after partial portal decompressionAlexander S Rosemurgy
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33601, USA
J Surg Res 117:64-70. 2004..As practicing surgeons, we have prospered by being raised on the shoulders of giants in Surgery that trained and inspired us. Dr. David B. Skinner was such a giant...
- Effects of tumor necrosis factor, endothelin and nitric oxide on hyperdynamic circulation of rats with acute and chronic portal hypertensionJi Jian Wang
Department of General Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, 74 Linjing Road, Chongqing 400010, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:689-93. 2004..To evaluate the effect of tumor necrosis factor (TNF), endothelin (ET) and nitric oxide (NO) on hyperdynamic circulation (HC) of rats with acute and chronic portal hypertension (PHT)...
- Effects of leukotrienes and the thromboxane A2 analogue U-46619 in isolated perfused rat liver. Metabolic, hemodynamic and ion-flux responsesD Haussinger
Medizinische Universitätsklinik Freiburg im Breisgau
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 369:97-107. 1988..of hepatic glucose output, a slight decrease of 14CO2 production from [1-14C] glutamate, an increase of portal pressure and an inhibition of hepatic oxygen uptake...
- Expression of TNF-alpha and VEGF in the esophagus of portal hypertensive ratsZhao Hui Yin
Division of Transplantation Surgery, Center for Surgical Sciences, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge B56, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
World J Gastroenterol 11:1232-6. 2005..To investigate the expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the development of esophageal varices in portal hypertensive rats...
- Carbamazepine for severe liver disease due to antitrypsin deficiencyDavid H Perlmutter; Fiscal Year: 2012..fibrosis in AT- deficient individuals with severe liver disease;3) Determine whether CBZ treatment reduces portal pressure in AT-deficient individuals with severe liver disease...
- LDLT: Diagnostic Markers of Liver Regeneration to Predict OutcomesElizabeth A Pomfret; Fiscal Year: 2013..The incidence will be determined by direct measurement of portal pressure and procedures to reduce pressures will be investigated...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Portal HypertensionVijay H Shah; Fiscal Year: 2012..of portal hypertension are associated with increased sinusoidal coverage by HSC and an ensuing increase in portal pressure, pointing to an in vivo relevance of the proposed pathways...
- A2ALL Cohort Study: Pyschosocial and Surgical OutcomesAbhinav Humar; Fiscal Year: 2013..the development of small-for-size-syndrome (SFSS) in recipients after ALDLT - most specifically the impact of portal pressure measurements and inflow modification on the risk for SFSS...
- Quantitative Hemodynamics of the Liver with 4D Flow MRIOliver Wieben; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most therapies reduce portal pressure through reductions in the flow to the liver (eg...
- CIRRHOSIS AND ITS COMPLICATIONSGuadalupe Garcia Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2009..contributed to the completion of a long trial of beta-blocker in the prevention of varices and identified portal pressure as an important predictor of cirrhosis decompensation not only in all cirrhotic patients, but particularly in ..
- SPLANCHNIC HEMODYNAMICS IN PORTAL HYPERTENSIONJAMES SITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Systemic and portal PGI2/glucagon and splanchnic blood flow will be measured. The effect of normalization of portal pressure (portosystemic shunt) on the hyperemia of human portal hypertension will be studied...
- PLATELET ACTIVATING FACTOR AND THROMBOXANES IN LIVERRory Fisher; Fiscal Year: 1993..in vivo will characterize the effects of the se mediators on hepatic hemodynamics by measurements of hepatic portal pressure and hepatic portal and arterial flows...
- MODULATORY NETWORK COMPONENETS IN JAPONICAGLENN OLDS; Fiscal Year: 1990..becomes chronic, a beneficial immunologic adjustment occurs that results in smaller egg granuloma and lower portal pressure. This process, termed modulation is essential to our understanding of disease in man since the majority of ..
- INTESTINE IN CHRONIC PORTAL HYPERTENSIONJOSEPH BENOIT; Fiscal Year: 2004..a condition that results from cirrhosis or intrahepatic liver disease, is characterized by an elevated portal pressure, portosystemic shunting, an intense intestinal vasodilation and decreased vasoconstrictor responsiveness...
- ICOS-B7h in Islet Transplant Rejection and AutoimmunityAndrew Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TRIAL OF ANTI-TNF ALPHA IN ISLET TRANSPLANTATIONAndrew Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Measurement & modulation of the mutation rate in humansDavid Araten; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will begin to elucidate the relationship between f and cancer risk and provide a highly relevant in vitro parameter with which to evaluate chemoprevention. ..
- US Prostate Cancer Detection with Dutasteride PretreatmentEthan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NO production and S-nitrosylation in liver vasculatureYasuko Iwakiri; Fiscal Year: 2008..The School of Medicine has pledged protected time for the candidate during this further training period prior to functioning as an independent investigator. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2007..of portal hypertension are associated with increased sinusoidal coverage by HSC and an ensuing increase in portal pressure, pointing to an in vivo relevance of the proposed pathways...
- Perfusion preservation solution for recovery of Donation by Cardiac Death liversCharles Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathophysiological Interpretations of Dynamic PET/CT of Molecular Liver BiologySusanne Keiding; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of the large groups of patients with liver disease and cancer in the liver. ..
- Short-term mesenteric lymphatic adaptation to trauma-related intestinal edemaEmily Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of TNF in Patients with Alcoholic HepatitisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Failure of FasL Mediated Pathways in Tumor AngiogenesisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2006..These insights may lead to novel and effective therapeutic strategies that target this pathway to prevent angiogenesis, and thereby prevent colorectal tumor development growth and spread. ..
- REG OF NITRIC OXIDE PRODUCT IN THE HEPATIC CIRCULATIONVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..Intrahepatic vasoconstriction contributes to the development of an increase in portal pressure in hepatic cirrhosis...
- Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase & Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..further delineate the regulatory mechanisms of eNOS derived NO as they relate to hepatic vascular biology and portal pressure regulation, and thereby progress our understanding of the pathogenesis and treatment of portal hypertension...
- ESOPHAGEAL VARICES BY B-ADRENERGIC BLOCKERSRoberto Groszmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Non-selective beta- adrenergic blockers decrease portal pressure and have been shown to prevent the first variceal hemorrhage in patients with cirrhosis and varices...