Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subdiscipline of genetics which deals with the cytological and molecular analysis of the CHROMOSOMES, and location of the GENES on chromosomes, and the movements of chromosomes during the CELL CYCLE.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Usefulness of cytogenetics in leukemiasF J VinSheth
Foundation for Research in Genetics and Endocrinology, Genetic Centre, Ahmedabad 380 015, India
Indian J Cancer 39:139-42. 2002..We observed from our study that advanced molecular techniques like FISH and PCR cannot replace the conventional cytogenetic study but are useful as supportive and confirmative diagnostic tools...
- An Internet-based external quality assessment in cytogenetics that audits a laboratory's analytical and interpretative performanceRosalind J Hastings
United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Service UK NEQAS for Clinical Cytogenetics, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1217-24. 2008..The web-based EQA system was trialled on a large UK EQA scheme, UK NEQAS for Clinical Cytogenetics. It has also been used to implement a new Cytogenetics European Quality Assessment scheme, CEQA, set up with ..
- Cytogenetics and genetics of human cancer: methods and accomplishmentsAvery A Sandberg
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 203:102-26. 2010..The goals of this article are (a) to address historical and methodological aspects of cancer cytogenetics; (b) to present information on diagnostic translocations in leukemias, lymphomas, bone and soft tissue tumors, ..
- MicroRNA signatures associated with cytogenetics and prognosis in acute myeloid leukemiaRamiro Garzon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 111:3183-9. 2008..03; and miR-199a, P = .001, Cox regression). In conclusion, miRNA expression in AML is closely associated with cytogenetics and FLT3-ITD mutations. A small subset of miRNAs is correlated with survival.
- Evolutionarily conserved cytogenetic changes in hematological malignancies of dogs and humans--man and his best friend share more than companionshipMatthew Breen
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 27606, USA
Chromosome Res 16:145-54. 2008..The development of molecular cytogenetics, using fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) technology, has played a significant role in our understanding ..
- The role of cytogenetics in early triage of radiation casualtiesD C Lloyd
National Radiological Protection Board, Chilton, Didcot, UK
Appl Radiat Isot 52:1107-12. 2000..Scoring should be increased to 50 cells where there is disagreement with the initial assessments or evidence of significantly inhomogeneous exposure...
- Nuclear status and cytogenetics of embryos derived from in vitro-matured oocytesD Nogueira
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 74:295-8. 2000..To analyze embryos after in vitro maturation by investigating their nuclear status and cytogenetic constitution...
- The FIP1L1-PDGFRalpha fusion tyrosine kinase in hypereosinophilic syndrome and chronic eosinophilic leukemia: implications for diagnosis, classification, and managementJason Gotlib
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5821, USA
Blood 103:2879-91. 2004..This review examines the current state of knowledge of HES and CEL and the implications of the FIP1L1-PDGFRA discovery on their diagnosis, classification, and management...
- Integration of genetic and physical maps of the chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genome using flow-sorted chromosomesPavlína Zatloukalová
Institute of Experimental Botany, Centre of the Region Haná for Biotechnological and Agricultural Research, Sokolovska 6, 77200 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Chromosome Res 19:729-39. 2011..As a result, two clones were identified localizing specifically to chromosomes E and H, for which no cytogenetic markers were yet available...
- The application of cytogenetics and fluorescence in situ hybridization to fine-needle aspiration in the diagnosis and subclassification of renal neoplasmsMichael H Roh
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5054, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 118:137-45. 2010..This study summarizes our experience with the application of conventional cytogenetics and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) to renal FNA specimens.
- Molecular prognostic markers for adult acute myeloid leukemia with normal cytogeneticsTara K Gregory
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Hematol Oncol 2:23. 2009..Further prospective studies are needed to confirm if poorer risk NC-AML patients have improved clinical outcomes after more aggressive therapy...
- Molecular cytogenetics of cutaneous melanocytic lesions - diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic aspectsWilleke Am M Blokx
Department of Pathology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Histopathology 56:121-32. 2010This review intends to update current knowledge regarding molecular cytogenetics in melanocytic tumours with a focus on cutaneous melanocytic lesions...
- Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis detects a much higher rate of thyroid tumors with clonal cytogenetic deviations of the main cytogenetic subgroups than conventional cytogeneticsNorbert Drieschner
Center for Human Genetics, University of Bremen, Germany
Cancer Genet 204:366-74. 2011..4 or 2p21, can be distinguished by conventional cytogenetics (CC). As a rule, these aberrations seem to be mutually exclusive...
- A historical and modern perspective on plant cytogeneticsDebbie M Figueroa
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, 32306 4295, USA
Brief Funct Genomics 9:95-102. 2010Plant cytogenetics has continued to flourish and make essential contributions to genomics projects by delineating marker order, defining contig gaps and revealing genome rearrangements...
- Conventional and molecular cytogenetics of human non-medullary thyroid carcinoma: characterization of eight cell line models and review of the literature on clinical samplesFranclim Ricardo Ribeiro
Department of Genetics, Portuguese Oncology Institute, Porto, Portugal
BMC Cancer 8:371. 2008..Our purpose was to assess the genetic background of eight commonly used human thyroid carcinoma models and to compare the findings with those reported for primary tumors of the gland...
- Clinical relevance of cytogenetics in myelodysplastic syndromesPaolo Bernasconi
Department of Blood, Heart and Lung Medical Sciences of the University of Pavia and Division of Hematology, Fondazione Policlinico San Matteo IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1089:395-410. 2006..Conventional cytogenetics (CC) studies have demonstrated that the majority of MDS patients harbor clonal chromosome defects...
- Evolutionary cytogenetics in salamandersStanley K Sessions
Department of Biology, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY, 13820, USA
Chromosome Res 16:183-201. 2008..The purpose of this review is to present a summary of what is currently known about overall patterns of variation in karyology and genome size in salamanders. These patterns are discussed within an evolutionary context...
- FLT3 D835/I836 mutations are associated with poor disease-free survival and a distinct gene-expression signature among younger adults with de novo cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia lacking FLT3 internal tandem duplicationsSusan P Whitman
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43240, USA
Blood 111:1552-9. 2008....
- Translocations involving 8q24 in Burkitt lymphoma and other malignant lymphomas: a historical review of cytogenetics in the light of todays knowledgeE G Boerma
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Leukemia 23:225-34. 2009..In addition, a high number of nonspecific cytogenetic abnormalities should suggest need for a critical review of the diagnosis of BL...
- Clinical outcome of de novo acute myeloid leukaemia patients with normal cytogenetics is affected by molecular genetic alterations: a concise reviewClaudia D Baldus
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Haematol 137:387-400. 2007Normal cytogenetics are detected pretreatment in approximately 45% of patients with de novo acute myeloid leukaemia (AML); thus this constitutes the single largest cytogenetic group of AML...
- Multiplex reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction screening in acute myeloid leukemia detects cytogenetically unrevealed abnormalities of prognostic significanceMarianne Hutchings Hoffmann
Haematologica 90:984-6. 2005..In five patients, a cytogenetically unrevealed fusion gene of prognostic importance was detected, while the assay failed to detect one case of t(15;17)...
- Progenetix.net: an online repository for molecular cytogenetic aberration dataM Baudis
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik V der Universität Heidelberg, Germany
Bioinformatics 17:1228-9. 2001..www.progenetix.net is a new online repository for previously published chromosomal aberration data, allowing the addition of band-specific information about chromosomal imbalances to oncologic data analysis efforts...
- The diagnosis of BCR/ABL-negative chronic myeloproliferative diseases (CMPD): a comprehensive approach based on morphology, cytogenetics, and molecular markersTorsten Haferlach
MLL Munich Leukemia Laboratory, Max Lebsche Platz 31, 81377, Munich, Germany
Ann Hematol 87:1-10. 2008..Therefore, today, a multimodal diagnostic approach combining cytomorphology, cytogenetics, and individual molecular methods is needed in BCR/ABL-negative CMPD...
- Efficacy of lenalidomide in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia with high-risk cytogeneticsTaimur Sher
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, NY 14263, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 51:85-8. 2010Patients with chronic lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL) with high-risk cytogenetics [del(11q)(q22.3) or del(17p)(p13.1)] have limited therapeutic options and their prognosis remains poor...
- Lymphoma cytogeneticsBhavana J Dave
Department of Pediatrics, Munroe Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985440 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5440, USA
Clin Lab Med 31:725-61, x-xi. 2011..Overlapping morphologic and immunophenotypic features often makes accurate diagnosis difficult. Cytogenetics helps simplify the diagnostic complexities presented in transforming and progressive lymphoid malignancies...
- Prognoses of MDS subtypes RARS, RCMD and RCMD-RS are comparable but cytogenetics separates a subgroup with inferior clinical courseUlrike Bacher
Department for Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Hamburg, Germany
Leuk Res 36:826-31. 2012..001). These results support to combine RCMD and RCMD-RS as performed by WHO and emphasize the prognostic power of cytogenetic criteria for these MDS subtypes...
- Anchoring the dog to its relatives reveals new evolutionary breakpoints across 11 species of the Canidae and provides new clues for the role of B chromosomesShannon E Duke Becker
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 1060 William Moore Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
Chromosome Res 19:685-708. 2011..We propose that the complex karyotype rearrangements associated with speciation of the Canidae reflect unstable chromosome regions described by the fragile breakage model...
- Genetic architecture of the cryptic species complex of Acanthocyclops vernalis (Crustacea: Copepoda). II. Crossbreeding experiments, cytogenetics, and a model of chromosomal evolutionAndrey K Grishanin
Department of Biology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807, USA
Evolution 60:247-56. 2006..Hence, some of the criteria traditionally used to recognize species boundaries in animals (morphology, DNA content, chromosome number) may not apply to this species complex...
- Proteomic analysis of childhood de novo acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome/AML: correlation to molecular and cytogenetic analysesMaria Braoudaki
University Research Institute for the Study and Treatment of Childhood Genetic and Malignant Diseases, University of Athens, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Amino Acids 40:943-51. 2011..The obtained data showed that vitamin D and gelsolin played contradicting roles in contributing and restraining leukemogenesis, while MOES, EZRI and AIFM1 could be considered as biomarkers for AML...
- Cytogenetics and molecular data in snakes: a phylogenetic approachN Oguiura
Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cytogenet Genome Res 127:128-42. 2009....
- Cytogenetics of pediatric acute myeloid leukemiaKalliopi N Manola
Laboratory of Cytogenetics, National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, Greece
Eur J Haematol 83:391-405. 2009..it discusses the association of specific chromosome rearrangements with prenatal exposure to carcinogenic agents or therapeutic agents and highlights the ongoing and future research on pediatric AML in the evolving field of Cytogenetics.
- Pathology, genetics and cytogenetics of Wilms' tumourReena Md Zin
School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Western Australia, QEII Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Pathology 43:302-12. 2011..In this review, we will provide an overview of the pathological, genetic and cytogenetic characteristics of WT...
- Comparative cytogenetics of bats (Chiroptera): the prevalence of Robertsonian translocations limits the power of chromosomal characters in resolving interfamily phylogenetic relationshipsXiuguang Mao
Kunming Institute of Zoology, Kunming, Yunnan, People s Republic of China
Chromosome Res 16:155-70. 2008..Both analyses clearly indicate the prevalence of homoplasic events that reduce the reliability of chromosomal characters for resolving interfamily relationships in bats...
- Comparative cytogenetic mapping between the lima bean (Phaseolus lunatus L.) and the common bean (P. vulgaris L.)Eliene Mariano Bonifácio
Laboratory of Plant Cytogenetics, Department of Botany, Federal University of Pernambuco, Rua Nelson Chaves, Recife, PE 50670 420, Brazil
Theor Appl Genet 124:1513-20. 2012..The low number of structural rearrangements reflects the karyotypic stability of the genus...
- M4 acute myeloid leukemia: the role of eosinophilia and cytogenetics in treatment response and survival. The GIMEMA experienceAlessandro Pulsoni
Division of Hematology, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, La Sapienza University, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 93:1025-32. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the incidence and prognostic role of these factors in a large series of patients...
- Canine cytogenetics--from band to basepairM Breen
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, and Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:50-60. 2008..Canine cytogenetics has advanced significantly over the past 10 years, spurred on largely by the surge of interest in the dog as a ..
- Evaluation of premalignant potential in oral lichen planus using interphase cytogeneticsJ Kim
Department of Oral Pathology, Oral Cancer Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Dentistry, Seoul, Korea
J Oral Pathol Med 30:65-72. 2001..We concluded that LD should be treated as a high-risk premalignant lesion and strongly suggest that the monosomy of chromosome 9 may have a critical role in progress to malignancy from LD...
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors: leiomyosarcomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 161:1-19. 2005
- Interphase cytogenetics of workers exposed to benzeneL Zhang
School of Health, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Environ Health Perspect 104:1325-9. 1996..They further highlight the usefulness of interphase cytogenetics and FISH for the rapid and sensitive detection of aneuploidy in exposed human populations.
- Molecular cytogenetics of lymphoma: where do we stand in 2010?Philip Kluin
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Histopathology 58:128-44. 2011..Finally, we discuss briefly possible novel developments in the field of lymphoma diagnostics...
- Cytogenetics in solid tumors: lessons from the Philadelphia ChromosomeAru W Sudoyo
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, Jl Diponegoro No 71, Jakarta Pusat 10430, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 43:68-73. 2011..Starting from this point, cytogenetics as the study of chromosomes has become a valuable tool in the assessment of cancer - as an aid in diagnosis, ..
- The cytogenetics of homologous chromosome pairing in meiosis in plantsC G Bozza
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:313-9. 2008..Plants provide an excellent large genome model for the study of homologous pairing and dissection of this process...
- Cytogenetics and chromosomes of tapeworms (Platyhelminthes, Cestoda)Marta Spakulová
Parasitological Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovakia
Adv Parasitol 74:177-230. 2011..Here we review the literature from 1907 to 2010 and the current status of knowledge of the chromosomes and cytogenetics within all of the cestode orders and place it within an evolutionary perspective...
- Historical prospective of human cytogenetics: from microscope to microarrayDominique F C M Smeets
Department of Human Genetics, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Biochem 37:439-46. 2004After the fundamental discovery in 1956 that normal human cells contain 46 chromosomes, clinical cytogenetics was born and studies into the relation of chromosomal defects and disease could begin...
- Multiple meningioma with different grades of malignancy: case report with genetic analysis applying single-nucleotide polymorphism array and classical cytogeneticsKristin Mocker
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 207:67-72. 2011..Taken together, we describe a very rare case of multiple meningioma with overlapping but also distinct genetic aberration patterns in two nodules of different WHO grades of malignancy...
- Tools of the trade: diagnostics and research in domestic animal cytogeneticsLeopoldo Iannuzzi
National Research Council CNR, ISPAAM, Laboratory of Animal Cytogenetics and Gene Mapping, Naples, Italy
J Appl Genet 49:357-66. 2008..includes historical information, basic principles for the given technique, its primary use in veterinary cytogenetics, and major limitations. Supplementary material (protocols and chemicals used) are available on our website...
- Impact of cytogenetics on the outcome of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of Southwest Oncology Group 9400 studyVinod Pullarkat
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, Department of Cytogenetics, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Blood 111:2563-72. 2008We examined the prognostic impact of cytogenetics on the outcome of 200 acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) patients 15 to 65 years of age enrolled in Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)-9400 study...
- Comparison of effects of zona drilling by non-contact infrared laser or acid Tyrode's on the development of human biopsied embryos as revealed by blastomere viability, cytoskeletal analysis and molecular cytogeneticsKaterina Chatzimeletiou
The London Bridge Fertility, Gynaecology and Genetics Centre, London SE1 9RY, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 11:697-710. 2005..Acid Tyrode's drilling can also cause damage, and tended to retard blastocyst development...
- Detection of somaclonal variation of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) using cytogenetics, flow cytometry and molecular markersShuangxia Jin
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, 430070, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Plant Cell Rep 27:1303-16. 2008..This result also might mean that the cell lines with variation of chromosome numbers were difficult to regenerate plants...
- BAC resource for molecular cytogeneticsXiao Ning Chen
Medical Genetics Birth Defects Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Department of Human Genetics and Pediatrics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 204:391-403. 2002
- Cytogenetics in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Taiwan: a single-institutional experienceHsiu Hao Chang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:495-506. 2006..In conclusion, the frequency and type of acquired chromosomal aberrations found in these Taiwanese children with ALL are similar to those reported in the literature...
- Cytogenetics in acute leukemiaKrzysztof Mrozek
Division of Hematology and Oncology, The Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, Room 1248B, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1228, USA
Blood Rev 18:115-36. 2004..This review summarizes current views on clinical relevance of major cytogenetic findings in adult AML and ALL...
- Whole-genome array comparative genome hybridization: the preferred diagnostic choice in postnatal clinical cytogeneticsJoris A Veltman
J Mol Diagn 9:277. 2007
- Improved detection of chromosomal abnormalities in chronic lymphocytic leukemia by conventional cytogenetics using CpG oligonucleotide and interleukin-2 stimulation: A Belgian multicentric studyNatalie Put
Centrum voor Menselijke Erfelijkheid, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:843-53. 2009..However, neither conventional cytogenetics nor FISH detected all aberrations, demonstrating the complementary nature of these techniques.
- Cytogenetics and molecular genetics of lung cancerYasuhiro Mitsuuchi
Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Am J Med Genet 115:183-8. 2002..The translational implications of molecular biomarkers for risk assessment, early detection, and monitoring of chemoprevention trials are discussed...
- Gene expression profiles of human glioblastomas are associated with both tumor cytogenetics and histopathologyAna Luísa Vital
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Neuro Oncol 12:991-1003. 2010..in gliomas, few studies have investigated the association between the gene expression profiles (GEP) and both cytogenetics and histopathology of gliomas. Here, we analyzed the GEP (U133Plus2...
- Fifty years of cytogenetics: a parallel view of the evolution of cytogenetics and genotoxicologyJ M Garcia-Sagredo
Medical Genetics Department, University Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:363-75. 2008A parallelism exists between human cytogenetics and cytogenetic toxicology. The breakthroughs, mostly coming from and used in clinical genetics, are widely used in genetic toxicology...
- Cytogenetics for the model system Arabidopsis thalianaP Fransz
School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Plant J 13:867-76. 1998..Together with the presented karyotype this makes Arabidopsis a model system for detailed cytogenetic mapping...
- Ploidy and karyotype complexity are powerful prognostic indicators in the Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors: a study by the United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics and the Children's Cancer and Leukaemia GroupPaul Roberts
Department of Cytogenetics, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:207-20. 2008..These data demonstrate the continued value of cytogenetics as a genome-wide screen in ESFT and illustrates the potential importance of secondary chromosome changes for ..
- Chromosomal imbalances in primary and metastatic pancreatic carcinoma as detected by interphase cytogenetics: basic findings and clinical aspectsN Zojer
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Br J Cancer 77:1337-42. 1998..Two-colour FISH in combination with extensive screening (>10,000 nuclei) seems to be a useful tool to unequivocally identify micrometastatic cells by demonstrating hyperdiploidy and intranuclear chromosomal heterogeneity...
- Clinical importance of cytogenetics in acute myeloid leukaemiaK Mrozek
Division of Hematology and Oncology and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Room 1248B, Columbus, OH, 43210 1228, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 14:19-47. 2001..This review presents current information on chromosome abnormalities in AML, and on associations between karyotype and clinical characteristics and outcome of AML patients...
- Impact of cytogenetics on outcome of matched unrelated donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia in first or second complete remissionMartin S Tallman
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Blood 110:409-17. 2007..b>Cytogenetics had little influence on the overall outcome for patients in first CR...
- The frequency of chromosomal abnormalities in patients with reproductive failureFigen Celep
Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Trabzon, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 127:106-9. 2006..To investigate the ratio of chromosomal abnormalities in recurrent fetal wastage...
- Advanced molecular cytogenetics in human and mouseKathleen Dorritie
New York State Medical School, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:663-76. 2004..and more recently array comparative genomic hybridization, represent advancements in the field of molecular cytogenetics. The application of these techniques for the analysis of specimens from humans, or mouse models of human ..
- Online database and bioinformatics toolbox to support data mining in cancer cytogeneticsMichael Baudis
University of Florida Shands Cancer Center and Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 100296, USA
Biotechniques 40:269-70, 272. 2006
- The prognostic significance of cytogenetics and molecular profiling in multiple myelomaJeffrey R Sawyer
Department of Pathology and Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Cancer Genet 204:3-12. 2011..criteria that are used to help stratify patients into prognostic groups based on the findings of conventional cytogenetics and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)...
- Molecular cytogeneticsL Kearney
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DS, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 14:645-69. 2001..Rather than replacing conventional cytogenetics, however, these techniques have extended the range of cytogenetic analyses when applied in a complementary ..
- Development of flow cytogenetics and physical genome mapping in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.)K Vlácilová
Laboratory of Molecular Cytogenetics and Cytometry, Institute of Experimental Botany, Sokolovska 6, CZ 77200 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Chromosome Res 10:695-706. 2002Procedures for flow cytometric analysis and sorting of mitotic chromosomes (flow cytogenetics) have been developed for chickpea (Cicer arietinum)...
- Impact of cytogenetics on outcome of de novo and therapy-related AML and MDS after allogeneic transplantationPhilippe Armand
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:655-64. 2007b>Cytogenetics has an important impact on the prognosis of patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) for acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) or myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)...
- Will the new cytogenetics replace the old cytogenetics?M Salman
Human Genetics Program, Department of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10003, USA
Clin Genet 66:265-75. 2004..However, as with any new technology, it needs to be validated with regard to its performance in various applications (e.g. clinical genetic testing and cancer applications), comparative cost, and the data interpretation...
- Protocols for cytogenetic studies of human embryonic stem cellsLorraine Faxon Meisner
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, and Cell Line Genetics, LLC, 510 Charmany Drive, Suite 254, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Methods 45:133-41. 2008..The following discussion describes the cytogenetic methods used in our laboratory to study cultured hESCs, along with recommendations for integrating these methods into a plan for routine cell line quality control...
- Cytogenetics and cladisticsGauthier Dobigny
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Laboratoire Origine, Structure et Evolution de la Biodiversité, 55, rue Buffon, F75005 Paris, France
Syst Biol 53:470-84. 2004....
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors: lipomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 150:93-115. 2004
- Central review of cytogenetics is necessary for cooperative group correlative and clinical studies of adult acute leukemia: the Cancer and Leukemia Group B experienceKrzysztof Mrozek
Division of Hematology and Oncology and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1228, USA
Int J Oncol 33:239-44. 2008The Cancer and Leukemia Group B has performed central review of karyotypes submitted by institutional cytogenetics laboratories from patients with acute myeloid (AML) and acute lymphoblastic (ALL) leukemia since 1986...
- Correlation of flow cytometrically determined expression of ZAP-70 using the SBZAP antibody with IgVH mutation status and cytogenetics in 1,229 patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWolfgang Kern
MLL Munich Leukemia Laboratory, Max Lebsche Platz 31, Munich 81377, Germany
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 76:385-93. 2009..ZAP-70 provides an important prognostic information in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL); however, the most appropriate antibody clone and way of analysis have not yet been defined...
- Cytogenetics as a tool to study gene regulationFederico Tessadori
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, BioCentrum Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 318, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Plant Sci 9:147-53. 2004
- Clinical significance of cytogenetics and interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma in TaiwanS Y Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Oncol 16:1530-8. 2005..The incidence of multiple myeloma (MM) is lower in Asia than in Western countries. However, it is not known whether cytogenetic abnormalities (CA) characteristic of MM in Asia differ from those documented in the West...
- [The cytogenetics of human oocytes: 40 years of progress]F Pellestor
Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR 1142, 141, rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:283-92. 2005..The effect of advanced maternal age on the incidence of aneuploidy in human oocytes has also been clearly evidenced by recent reports based on large sample of oocytes or polar bodies...
- The peptide nucleic acids (PNAs), powerful tools for molecular genetics and cytogeneticsFranck Pellestor
CNRS UPR 1142, Institute of Human Genetics, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Eur J Hum Genet 12:694-700. 2004..Thus, several sensitive and robust PNA-dependent methods have been designed for developing antigene and anticancer drugs, modulating PCR reactions, detecting genomic mutation or labelling chromosomes in situ...
- Prognostic implications of gene mutations in acute myeloid leukemia with normal cytogeneticsVerena Gaidzik
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Semin Oncol 35:346-55. 2008..Furthermore, these mutant molecules represent potential targets for molecular therapies...
- Cytogenetics of Hispanic and White children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in CaliforniaMelinda C Aldrich
University of California Berkeley, 2150 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 500, Berkeley, CA 94720 7380, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:578-81. 2006..We characterized the cytogenetics of 543 childhood leukemia patients (0-14 years of age) enrolled in the Northern California Childhood Leukemia ..
- The convergence of cytogenetics and rearrangement-based models for ancestral genome reconstructionGuillaume Bourque
Information and Mathematical Sciences, Genome Institute of Singapore, 138672 Singapore
Genome Res 16:311-3. 2006
- Deep-seated, well differentiated lipomatous tumors of the chest wall and extremities: the role of cytogenetics in classification and prognosticationMikelle D Bassett
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Cancer 103:409-16. 2005..The authors examined their single institutional experience and correlated their classification with clinical features and outcome...
- Characterization of human embryonic stem cells with features of neoplastic progressionTamra E Werbowetski-Ogilvie
Stem Cell and Cancer Research Institute, Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, MDCL 5029, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 27:91-7. 2009..1-11.2 in v-hESC-1 and a deletion at 5q34a-5q34b;5q3 and a mosaic gain of chromosome 12 in v-hESC-2. These results emphasize the need for functional characterization to distinguish partially transformed and normal hES cells...
- Cytogenetics--in color and digitizedThomas Ried
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1597-600. 2004
- Genetic analysis of first-trimester miscarriages with a combination of cytogenetic karyotyping, microsatellite genotyping and arrayCGHY X Zhang
Peking University Center of Medical Genetics, Beijing, China
Clin Genet 75:133-40. 2009..In addition, arrayCGH can detect submicroscopic chromosomal anomalies and gene dosage alterations...
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors. Synovial sarcomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 133:1-23. 2002
- From cytogenetics to next-generation sequencing technologies: advances in the detection of genome rearrangements in tumorsOlena Morozova
BC Cancer Agency Genome Sciences Centre, Suite 100 570 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z4S6, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 86:81-91. 2008..We end with a discussion of the potential that next-generation sequencing technologies may offer to the field...
- The use of microarray technology for cytogeneticsBassem A Bejjani
Signature Genomic Laboratories, Spokane, WA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 632:125-39. 2010The use of microarray technology is revolutionizing the field of clinical cytogenetics. This new technology has transformed the cytogenetics laboratory by adapting techniques that have heretofore been the province of molecular geneticists...
- Plant cytogenetics at the dawn of the 21st centuryB S Gill
Wheat Genetics Resource Center, Department of Plant Pathology, Kansas State University, 4024 Throckmorton Plant Science Center, Manhattan, KS 66506 5502, USA
Curr Opin Plant Biol 1:109-15. 1998..The role of telomeric ends in pairing was demonstrated. Apparently unusually long chromosome arms can interfere with mitosis. Novel phenomena and potential of wide hybrids for genome analysis were noteworthy...
- Cytogenetics of Festulolium (Festuca x Lolium hybrids)D Kopecky
Laboratory of Molecular Cytogenetics and Cytometry, Institute of Experimental Botany, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:370-83. 2008....
- Human cytogenetics: 46 chromosomes, 46 years and countingBarbara J Trask
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Nat Rev Genet 3:769-78. 2002Human cytogenetics was born in 1956 with the fundamental, but empowering, discovery that normal human cells contain 46 chromosomes...
- Analysis of kidney tumors by comparative genomic hybridization and conventional cytogeneticsMaria Angels Rigola
Institut de Biotecnologia i Biomedicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 137:49-53. 2002..However, in tumors with several composite clones some discrepancies were observed, especially in cases of clear-cell RCC where chromosomal abnormalities present in a low number of metaphases could not be detected by CGH...
- Deep-seated ordinary and atypical lipomas: histopathology, cytogenetics, clinical features, and outcome in 215 tumours of the extremity and trunk wallV Billing
Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:929-33. 2008..We reviewed 215 deep-seated lipomas of the extremities and trunk wall with reference to histology, cytogenetics, clinical features and local recurrence...
- Cytogenetics in reproductive medicine: the contribution of comparative genomic hybridization (CGH)Dagan Wells
The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science, St Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey 07052, USA
Bioessays 25:289-300. 2003..The clinical application of CGH for the purposes of PGD and the future extensions of the methodology, including DNA microarrays, are discussed...
- Cytogenetics of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancerMelanie A Carless
Genomics Research Centre, School of Health Science, Griffith University Gold Coast, PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre, Bundall, QLD, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 624:227-40. 2008..This review provides a comprehensive summary of the pertinent cytogenetic aberrations associated with a variety of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers...
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization for monosomy 3 via 30-gauge fine-needle aspiration biopsy of choroidal melanoma in vivoTara A Young
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 7000, USA
Ophthalmology 114:142-6. 2007..To report the feasibility of intraoperative transscleral fine-needle aspiration biopsy at plaque surgery to obtain cells for monosomy 3 analysis in patients with choroidal melanoma...
- Visualizing DNA domains and sequences by microscopy: a fifty-year history of molecular cytogeneticsHans de Jong
Wageningen University, Laboratory of Genetics, The Netherlands
Genome 46:943-6. 2003..It shows how molecular knowledge and technology of DNA entered cytogenetics step by step making it now daily practice in almost every modern chromosome lab...
- A BAC library of Beta vulgaris L. for the targeted isolation of centromeric DNA and molecular cytogenetics of Beta speciesGunnar Jacobs
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Genetica 135:157-67. 2009..Therefore, the PAT2 BAC library provides a useful tool for the characterization of Beta centromeres and a valuable resource for sugar beet genome analysis...
- Distal 11q monosomy syndrome: a report of two Egyptian sibs with normal parental karyotypes confirmed by molecular cytogeneticsH H Afifi
Clinical Genetics Department, National Research Centre, Cairo, Egypt
Genet Couns 19:47-58. 2008..We report on the first male (6 years old) and female (3 years old) sibs with clinical and cytogenetics characterization of Jacobsen syndrome. Their karyotypes showed deletion 11q23.3-qter...
- The new cytogenetics: blurring the boundaries with molecular biologyMichael R Speicher
Institut fur Humangenetik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Nat Rev Genet 6:782-92. 2005Exciting advances in fluorescence in situ hybridization and array-based techniques are changing the nature of cytogenetics, in both basic research and molecular diagnostics...
- Functional Analysis of the Dual Specificity Kinase NEK1 in Mammalian MeiosisJOANNA KIM HOLLOWAY; Fiscal Year: 2011..I approach this project with a strong background in both molecular biology and cytogenetics (with an emphasis on mammalian gametogenesis);my goal is to strengthen my proteomics skills in order to execute ..
- Development of a Pediatric Mylelodysplastic Syndrome Patient RegistryDAVID A contact WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010..a large number of samples that are well annotated with a clinical history and ancillary information such as cytogenetics are needed. To date such a large sample collection does not exist within the USA...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of MDS and CMMLJaroslaw P Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, using traditional metaphase cytogenetics (MC), chromosomal lesions can be found in only about 50% of patients;higher resolution methods may allow for ..
- Functional Analysis of the Dual Specificity Kinase NEK1 in Mammalian MeiosisJOANNA KIM HOLLOWAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..I approach this project with a strong background in both molecular biology and cytogenetics (with an emphasis on mammalian gametogenesis);my goal is to strengthen my proteomics skills in order to execute ..
- Training/Research Center-Bone Marrow Failure SyndromesJaroslaw P Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose that single nucleotide polymorphisms arrays (SNP-A) can be applied, complementary to metaphase cytogenetics for the identification of chromosomal abnormalities, including a newly recognized class of lesion, somatic ..
- DGAP: Developmental Genome Anatomy ProjectCYNTHIA CASSON MORTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..constitutes multi-laboratory and multiinstitutional research encompassing the disciplines of clinical genetics, cytogenetics, molecular biology and developmental genetics to illuminate genes involved in fundamental pathways during human ..
- Highly finished chromosome-based genome assembly for Anopheles gambiaeIgor V Sharakhov; Fiscal Year: 2012..laser microdissection, and confocal microscopic analysis, as well as the expertise of the PI and Co-PI in cytogenetics and genomics, will ensure successful achievement of the project's goals...
- CNV Atlas of Human DevelopmentRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2010..The large number of cytogenomic array tests now being performed by clinical cytogenetics laboratories presents an unusual and timely opportunity to capture large datasets from patient populations to ..
- Pathophysiology and Treatment of Fanconi's AnemiaMarkus Grompe; Fiscal Year: 2013..of expertise include stem cell biology, DNA repair, molecular hematology, zebra fish genetics, mouse genetics, cytogenetics, gene therapy and drug discovery...
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPGary E Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Cytogenetics laboratories at the University of Washington and at Swedish Medical Center are certified as submitting and ..
- Mayo Comprehensive Cancer Center GrantRobert B Diasio; Fiscal Year: 2013..amp;Proteomics, Flow Cytometry/Optical Morphology, Electron Microscopy, Pharmacology, Gene &Virus Therapy, Cytogenetics, and Gene Analysis...
- A PROGRAM OF RESEARCH IN POPULATION CYTOGENETICSTerry J Hassold; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Biomarker Reference LaboratorySanford A Stass; Fiscal Year: 2013..accreditation including immunohistochemistry, clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and a CLI/VCAP, GLP compliant histopathology laboratory...
- The Cytogenetics of Meiosis of MaizeWILLIAM ZACHEUS CANDE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since meiosis is an evolutionarily conserved process what we learn about meiosis in maize is relevant to humans. ..
- wnt Signaling in Liver Development and DiseaseWolfram Goessling; Fiscal Year: 2009..using advanced multispectral fluorescence imaging technology and ultrasound, and analyzed by histology, cytogenetics, and microarray analysis...
- Development of Population-Based Screening for DiGeorge Syndrome Type 1AOY MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..segments found in the majority DGS1 subjects using high-density SNP arrays, and demonstrate that standard FISH cytogenetics misses a larger fraction of DGS1 subjects than previously appreciated...
- Cancer gene discovery using Sleeping Beauty transposon-mediated mutagenesisTIMOTHY KAEHLER STARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..These include core facilities in biological imaging, tissue procurement, flow cytometry, comparative pathology, cytogenetics, bioinformatics/biostatistics, RNA interference, high-throughput sequencing, and a Mouse Genetics Laboratory ..
- Gene Dosage Imbalance in Neurodevelopmental DisordersDavid H Ledbetter; Fiscal Year: 2013..A large consortium of clinical cytogenetics laboratories, the International Standard Cytogenomics Array (ISCA) consortium, has been established to share ..
- TRAINING GRANT IN GENETICSCYNTHIA CASSON MORTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..training program, accredited by the ABMG in all areas of training (Clinical Biochemical Genetics, Clinical Cytogenetics, and Clinical Molecular Genetics) and by the ACGME in all relevant areas (Clinical Genetics and the two ..
- Cancer gene discovery using Sleeping Beauty transposon-mediated mutagenesisTIMOTHY KAEHLER STARR; Fiscal Year: 2013..These include core facilities in biological imaging, tissue procurement, flow cytometry, comparative pathology, cytogenetics, bioinformatics/biostatistics, RNA interference, high-throughput sequencing, and a Mouse Genetics Laboratory ..
- Neurotrophin Signaling in Multiple MyelomaRoger N Pearse; Fiscal Year: 2010..this expression with disease characteristics including stage, prior therapies, immunoglobulin isotype, and cytogenetics, 4) Establish whether dual Trk/Jak2 targeting using cep701 will control MM disease progression in the SCID-hu ..
- MEDICAL GENETICS RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMBRENDAN HL LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..include identifying human disease genes, molecular diagnostics including whole exome analysis, molecular cytogenetics including array CGH, biochemical studies of inborn errors of metabolism, genomic imprinting, molecular ..
- A PROGRAM OF RESEARCH IN POPULATION CYTOGENETICSTerry J Hassold; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- EASTERN COOPERATIVE ONCOLOGY GROUPTHOMAS MATTHEW HABERMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In leukemia, Dr. GW Dewald as Chair of the Cytogenetics Committee, reported that a complex karyotype confers a poor prognosis with increased risk of treatment failure ..
- CHEK1 and WEE1 Inhibition as Therapeutic Strategies in AMLRaoul Tibes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Patients with poor risk cytogenetics have 0-5 % survival at 2-3 years and only 40% to 50% of older patients achieve a complete remission to upfront ..
- FLT3 Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors As Therapy for LeukemiaDonald Small; Fiscal Year: 2012..the genes are likely affected by point mutations or small deletions or insertions that are not recognized by cytogenetics. One way to discover some of these genes is to determine the spectrum of genes that can cooperate with FLT3/ITD ..
- Transplanted Stem Cells and Tumor ProgressionMelissa H Wong; Fiscal Year: 2010..into wild-type, tumor-bearing and genetically modified mouse strains, plus a combination of FACS, cytogenetics, and whole mount or tissue immunohistochemical analyses...
- Promoting genetic literacy in students and teachers: The effectiveness of non-claLETA MEOLE TRIBBLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Learning Center on the main campus with a full offering of validated instructional modules in the areas of cytogenetics, biochemical genetics, molecular genetics, dysmorphology, and bioethics...
- Optimizing the role of ERCP in evaluating indeterminate bile duct stricturesGregory A Cote; Fiscal Year: 2013..are supported by scientific advisors in epidemiology and database research (Rosenman), biostatistics (Hui) and cytogenetics (Vance), as well as secondary mentors with expertise in career development and GI epidemiology (Imperiale) and ..
- CANCER CENTER SUPPORT (CORE) GRANTEdison Tak Bun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..allele typing, and sequencing;d) Histopathology and Microscopy Sciences, for electron and light microscopy, cytogenetics, necropsy and histology;e) Phenotyping Sciences for gene expression, molecular biology, flow cytometry, and ..
- Complex Genetic Architecture of Chromosomal Aberrations in AutismMichael E Talkowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..D., advisory panel member and Director of Cytogenetics at Harvard Medical School, and C) molecular genetics, transcriptomics, and the impact of chromosomal ..
- 12th International Congress of Human GeneticsJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..The major topic areas to be covered will be: cancer cytogenetics, cancer genetics, cardiovascular genetics, clinical genetics and dysmorphology, theory and methods of complex ..
- Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Centers 2008Michael F Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Core B (Genetics) provides centralized tissue culture, amino acid/organic acid analyses, standard and molecular cytogenetics, specialized molecular genetics (DNA and RNA analyses) microarrarys and bioinformatics...
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B - Leukemia Correlative SciencesGuido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2013..this competing renewal application, the CALGB LCSC is requesting support for three established Cores (Core A: Cytogenetics;Core B: Leukemia Tissue Banking;Core C: Administration) and four projects, each of which utilizes material from ..
- The Genetics of Post-Transplant Relapse in Myeloid MalignancyJERALD PATRICK RADICH; Fiscal Year: 2013..pathways that predict treatment response to HCT independent of disease stage (defined by blast count and cytogenetics)...
- DISCOVERY OF SMALL MOLECULAR ACTIVATORS OF NR4A ORPHAN NUCLEAR RECEPTORS Orla M Conneely; Fiscal Year: 2013..They are silenced in all human AML LICs irrespective of patient cytogenetics. Deletions in mice lead to extremely rapid postnatal AML due to disruption of hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) ..
- Copy Number Alterations in Genomic DisordersTamim H Shaikh; Fiscal Year: 2010..currently undetectable mainly due to the low resolution of diagnostic techniques standardly used in molecular cytogenetics. We hypothesize that a significant proportion of children with MCA have a submicroscopic CNA that is not ..
- IRF8 as a Biomarker of Aging, Malignant Transformation, and AML PrognosisDerek L Stirewalt; Fiscal Year: 2011..decreased IRF8 expression promotes in vitro chemoresistance and is associated with increasing age, unfavorable cytogenetics, and refractory disease in AML patients...
- Prenatal Cytogenetic Diagnosis by Array-based copy number AnalysisRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Accordingly, we propose a study comparing the accuracy and efficacy of aCGH to conventional cytogenetics in routine prenatal diagnostic practice...
- Molecular characterization of a human salivary gland tumor xenograft bankChristopher A Moskaluk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Resulting xenografts will be characterized on the genomic and proteomic level (cytogenetics, array CGH, microarray gene expression profiling, mass spectroscopic analysis of protein phosphorylation)...
- MOLECULAR MARKERS OF PROGNOSIS IN MEDULLOBLASTOMASANDRA BIGNER; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recent advances in molecular biology, cytogenetics, and immunohistochemistry now convincingly demonstrate the phenotypic and genotypic heterogeneity of these ..
- RADIATION CYTOGENETICSJoel Bedford; Fiscal Year: 1993..The goals and aims of this project are important for the scientific underpinning of cancer radiotherapy and for a fuller appreciation of genetic and oncogenic hazards of low level ionizing radiation exposure. ..
- AUTOMATED DETECTION OF GENE DUPLICATIONS OR DELETIONSFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2005..to detect gene duplications or deletions in interphase FISH, which are difficult to detect by routine cytogenetics. There is a growing list of genetic disorders that result from chromosomal anomalies, related to either ..
- TOWARD AN UNDERSTANDING OF CLL PROGRESSIONCarlo M Croce; Fiscal Year: 2013..by consistent chromosomal alterations, the most common of which is a deletion at 13q14 that is observed by cytogenetics in over 50% of cases...
- Decision Models to Compare Treatments in Older Patients with AMLMartine Extermann; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will control for the impact of age, cytogenetics, functional status and comorbidity level...
- REGIONAL ONCOLOGY RESEARCH CENTERWILLIAM GEORGE NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Animal Resources, Bioinformatics, Microarray, Cancer Functional Imaging, Cell Imaging, Common Equipment, Cytogenetics, Experimental Irradiators, Flow Cytometry, Glassware Washing, Mass Spectrometry, Specimen Accessioning Core (..
- PEDIATRIC HYDROXYUREA PHASE III CLINICAL TRIALZora R Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2010..center, 10 pediatric clinical centers, a pharmacy distribution center, a blood chemistry laboratory, and a cytogenetics laboratory...
- PEDIATRIC HYDROXYUREA PHASE III CLINICAL TRIALScott T Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..center, 10 pediatric clinical centers, a pharmacy distribution center, a blood chemistry laboratory, and a cytogenetics laboratory...
- PEDIATRIC HYDROXYUREA PHASE III CLINICAL TRIALZora R Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2011..center, 10 pediatric clinical centers, a pharmacy distribution center, a blood chemistry laboratory, and a cytogenetics laboratory...
- PEDIATRIC HYDROXYUREA PHASE III CLINICAL TRIALJames F Casella; Fiscal Year: 2009
- PEDIATRIC HYDROXYUREA PHASE III CLINICAL TRIALLINDA MONUM; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Chromosome Analysis of Single CellsBrynn Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..for identifying chromosome abnormalities, to be a valuable clinical diagnostic tool in routine clinical cytogenetics as well as in cancer cytogenetics...
- Segmental polymorphisms in the human genomeWei Wen Cai; Fiscal Year: 2010..technologies are being applied to detect subtle chromosomal abnormalities that are beyond the resolution of cytogenetics techniques it becomes important to distinguish whether the detected abnormalities are causal or just normal ..
- HEMATOLYMPHOPOIETIC MALIGNANCIES IN ITALYPaolo Vineis; Fiscal Year: 1993..c) competent groups of hematologists exist in several towns, using advanced diagnostic techniques including cytogenetics. We propose therefore to conduct a multicenter population-based case-control study in 12 Italian areas, chosen ..
- MOLECULAR APPROACHES TO CHILDHOOD PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSMatthew State; Fiscal Year: 2006This application presents a career development award proposal spanning the fields of child psychiatry, molecular cytogenetics and molecular genetics...
- Population cytogenetics of Anopheles moucheti and Anopheles niliIgor Sharakhov; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal offers a unique opportunity to develop cytogenetic research tools and to assess their effectiveness for taxonomic and population genetics studies of the neglected malaria vectors An. moucheti and An. nili. ..
- Sequence Based FISH Analysis of Philadelphia ChromosomesJOAN KNOLL; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition to the translocation, the commercial ES-probe used in clinical cytogenetics laboratories sometimes detects deletions of DNA sequences upstream of the ABL1 gene on the derivative 9 ..
- Modulating the tumor micro-environment in CLL using flavopiridol and lenalidomideKristie Blum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, adverse cytogenetics, del(17p13.1) or del(11q22...
- IMPROVED CLASSIFIERS FOR AUTOMATED MULTIPLEX FISHKenneth Castleman; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Abstract, from the application): Automated karyotyping is an important procedure in cytogenetics labs worldwide...
- Improved Classifiers for Multiplex FISHKenneth Castleman; Fiscal Year: 2004Automated karyotyping is an important procedure in cytogenetics labs worldwide...
- HUMAN GENOME ANALYSIS WITH YAC CLONESDavid Schlessinger; Fiscal Year: 1990..Large YAC clones could bridge the gap between pedigree studies and cytogenetics, operating with 2-5 Mb resolution, and conventional recombinant DNA technology, operating at the 1 to 50,000 ..
- AUTOMATED DETECTION OF GENE DUPLICATIONS OR DELETIONSFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2000..to detect, in interphase FISH, gene duplications or deletions which are difficult to detect by routine cytogenetics. There is a growing list of genetic disorders that result from chromosomal anomalies, related to either ..
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETICS IN PRE AND NEONATAL DIAGNOSISDaniel Pinkel; Fiscal Year: 1999..Erik Niebuhr and Lars Bolund. Deletions of 5p determined in this project will be correlated with clinical phenotypes provided by Dr. Niebuhr. ..
- AUTOMATED PRENATAL SCREENING USING MATERNAL BLOODFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2000..The ultimate goal of current research in medical cytogenetics is to make low-cost, low-risk prenatal genetic screening widely available...