Genomes and Genes
cerebrospinal fluid pressure
Summary: Manometric pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid as measured by lumbar, cerebroventricular, or cisternal puncture. Within the cranial cavity it is called INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Cerebrospinal fluid dynamics: disturbances and diagnosticsA Lavinio
Addenbrooke s Hospital, Academic Neurosurgery, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Anaesthesiol Suppl 42:137-41. 2008..The technique is also helpful in the assessment of shunt malfunction, including posture-related over-drainage and shunt obstruction...
- Body mass index has a linear relationship with cerebrospinal fluid pressureJohn P Berdahl
Vance Thompson Vision, University of South Dakota Medical Center, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1422-7. 2012To examine the relationship between body mass index (BMI) and cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP), as low BMI and low CSFP have recently been described as risk factors for primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure in glaucoma: a prospective studyRuojin Ren
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Ophthalmology 117:259-66. 2010To assess whether a low cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSF-P) is associated with open-angle glaucoma in eyes with normal intraocular pressure (IOP).
- The role of cerebrospinal fluid pressure in glaucoma pathophysiology: the dark side of the optic discWilliam H Morgan
Lions Eye Institute, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Glaucoma 17:408-13. 2008..Recent attempts to develop noninvasive measurement of CSF pressure have increased our knowledge of retinal venous changes in glaucoma. Further work in this area is likely to greatly increase our understanding of glaucoma...
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure is decreased in primary open-angle glaucomaJohn P Berdahl
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Ophthalmology 115:763-8. 2008..To compare cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) with that in nonglaucomatous patients...
- New experimental model of acute aqueductal blockage in cats: effects on cerebrospinal fluid pressure and the size of brain ventriclesM Klarica
Department of Pharmacology and Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine University of Zagreb, Salata 11, Zagreb, HR 10 000, Croatia
Neuroscience 158:1397-405. 2009..The lack of the increase in the CSF pressure and ventricular dilation during 2 h of aqueductal blockage suggests that aqueductal obstruction by itself does not lead to development of hypertensive acute hydrocephalus in cats...
- Subfoveal choroidal thickness and cerebrospinal fluid pressure: the Beijing Eye Study 2011Jost B Jonas
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing Ophthalmology and Visual Science Key Lab, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:1292-8. 2014..The cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) may thus influence the choroidal venous blood pressure...
- Role of cerebrospinal fluid pressure in the pathogenesis of glaucomaJost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Ophthalmol 89:505-14. 2011..the anatomy and biomechanics of the lamina cribrosa and peripapillary sclera, retrobulbar orbital cerebrospinal fluid pressure and the retrobulbar optic nerve tissue pressure may be of importance for the pathogenesis of the highly ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure measurement in the ovine intrathecal space: a preliminary study towards the diagnosis of intrathecal drug administration catheter dislodgement or occlusionRobert J Coffey
Neuromodulation Clinical and Emerging Therapies, Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minn, USA robert coffey medtronic com
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 88:337-44. 2010..We determined that normal baseline intrathecal cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure recordings could be obtained in an ovine model and in a catheter dislodgement scenario...
- Instrument transfer as knowledge transfer in neurophysiology: François Magendie's (1783-1855) early attempts to measure cerebrospinal fluid pressureFrank W Stahnisch
Institute for History, Philosophy and Ethics of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Hist Neurosci 17:72-99. 2008..The current paper focuses on the experimental contingencies that prompted the instrument transfer in Magendie's laboratory and opened up new epistemological perspectives for research in neurophysiology...
- Histopathology of the arachnoid granulations and brain in HIV-associated cryptococcal meningitis: correlation with cerebrospinal fluid pressureAngela Loyse
Infectious Diseases Unit, GF Jooste Hospital, South Africa
AIDS 24:405-10. 2010..To investigate the histopathology of the arachnoid granulations in patients with HIV-associated cryptococcal meningitis and correlate the findings with clinical data, in particular cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) opening pressure...
- Effect of head position on cerebrospinal fluid pressure in cats: comparison with artificial modelMarijan Klarica
Department of Pharmacology, Zagreb University School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 47:233-8. 2006....
- Volatile induction/maintenance of anaesthesia with sevoflurane increases jugular venous oxygen saturation and lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure in patients undergoing craniotomyRen Liao
Department of Anesthesiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
Eur J Anaesthesiol 27:369-76. 2010..Moreover, we compare these with total intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA) in patients receiving remifentanil and propofol continuous infusion...
- Dependence of cerebrospinal fluid pressure and volume on the changes in serum osmolarity in catsIvana Jurjević
Department of Pharmacology, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Neurochir Suppl 114:351-5. 2012..To study the effect of blood osmolarity on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) volume and CSF pressure in cats...
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure decreases with older ageDavid Fleischman
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e52664. 2012Clinical studies implicate low cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) or a high translaminar pressure difference in the pathogenesis of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and normal tension glaucoma (NTG)...
- Systemic parameters associated with cerebrospinal fluid pressureJohn P Berdahl
Department of Ophthalmology, Vance Thompson Vision, Sioux Falls, SD, USA
J Glaucoma 22:S17-8. 2013..Additionally, postural changes likely alter CSF pressure near the optic nerve. Finally, many factors that may affect CSF pressure (such as medications, genetics, race, and others) have yet to be studied conclusively...
- New lumbar method for monitoring cerebrospinal fluid pressure in ratsGen Kusaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, 1501 Kings Highway, P O Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
J Neurosci Methods 135:121-7. 2004Monitoring cerebrospinal fluid pressure or intracranial pressure (ICP) is crucial in the study of neurosurgical disorders. In the present study, we report a new lumbar method for monitoring ICP in rats.
- Spontaneous low cerebrospinal fluid pressure syndrome can mimic primary cough headacheRandolph W Evans
Houston, TX 77004, USA
Headache 45:374-7. 2005
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure in ocular hypertensionRuojin Ren
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, China
Acta Ophthalmol 89:e142-8. 2011To assess the lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSF-P) in ocular hypertensive subjects with elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) but without development of glaucomatous optic nerve damage.
- Reference values for CSF outflow resistance and intracranial pressure in healthy elderlyJan Malm
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Neurology 76:903-9. 2011..R(out) affects ICP, pulse amplitudes, CSF absorption, and the compliance of the system. The objective of this study was to determine the reference values in healthy elderly subjects...
- Effect of controlled hypercapnia on cerebrospinal fluid pressure and operating conditions during transsphenoidal operations for pituitary macroadenomaG Korula
Department of Anesthesia, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 13:255-9. 2001Controlled hypercapnia was assessed for its effectiveness in raising cerebrospinal fluid pressure to enable descent of the suprasellar portion of pituitary macroadenomas during transsphenoidal surgery...
- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid hypovolaemia: a therapeutic dilemma?D A Nowak
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Academic Hospital Bogenhausen, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Neurol 13:1128-38. 2006..However, our data illustrate that the clinical course of the syndrome is very unstable and the epidural blood patch is less effective than widely accepted...
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotensionB Mokri
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 5:284-91. 2001..Some of the spontaneous CSF leaks are related to weakness of the meningeal sac, likely in connection with a connective tissue abnormality...
- Optic disc movement with variations in intraocular and cerebrospinal fluid pressureWilliam H Morgan
Lions Eye Institute, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:3236-42. 2002To determine the effect of intraocular pressure (IOP) and cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) on optic disc movement and lamina cribrosa displacement using confocal scanning laser tomography (CSLT).
- Lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure waves versus intracranial pressure waves in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusP K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Br J Neurosurg 20:407-14. 2006The aim of this study was to explore how the lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) waves recorded during lumbar infusion compared with the intracranial pressure (ICP) waves recorded, either during lumbar infusion or during long-term, ..
- Feasibility study of serial lumbar puncture and acetazolamide combination in the management of elevated cerebrospinal fluid pressure in AIDS patients with cryptococcal meningitis in UgandaJ Orem
Uganda Cancer Institute, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Doct 35:19-21. 2005A feasibility study of serial lumbar puncture and acetazolamide combination in managing raised cerebrospinal fluid pressure was undertaken in 18 patients with AIDS and cryptococcal meningitis in Uganda...
- Relationship of cerebrospinal fluid pressure, fungal burden and outcome in patients with cryptococcal meningitis undergoing serial lumbar puncturesTihana Bicanic
Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS 23:701-6. 2009....
- Changes in cerebral blood flow during cerebrospinal fluid pressure manipulation in patients with normal pressure hydrocephalus: a methodological studyBrian K Owler
Academic Neurosurgery Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:579-87. 2004....
- Reassessment of the pathways responsible for cerebrospinal fluid absorption in the neonateC Papaiconomou
Neuroscience Research, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Childs Nerv Syst 20:29-36. 2004..In this report, we tested whether a CSF protein tracer ((131)I-human serum albumin) could transport directly into the superior sagittal sinus of newborn lambs...
- Integrating the roles of extracranial lymphatics and intracranial veins in cerebrospinal fluid absorption in sheepA Zakharov
Neuroscience Research, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, M4N 3M5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Microvasc Res 67:96-104. 2004..However, contrary to the established view, this pathway may represent a secondary system that is recruited to compliment lymphatic transport when global absorption capacity is stressed or compromised...
- Late onset X-linked hydrocephalus with normal cerebrospinal fluid pressureS Katsuragi
Division of Clinical Research, National Kikuchi Hospital, Kumamoto, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 54:487-92. 2000..Thus, it is suggested that the present cases might be a new type of X-linked hydrocephalus...
- Lumbar infusion test in normal pressure hydrocephalusB Kahlon
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 111:379-84. 2005....
- Ventricular cerebrospinal fluid neurofilament protein levels decrease in parallel with white matter pathology after shunt surgery in normal pressure hydrocephalusM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 14:248-54. 2007..Other biochemical effects of shunting may include increased monoaminergic and peptidergic neurotransmission, breakdown of blood brain barrier function, and gliosis...
- CSF outflow resistance as predictor of shunt function. A long-term studyJ Malm
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 110:154-60. 2004..In order to reveal postoperative changes in the CSF hydrodynamic system, we prospectively investigated the features of the system in shunted patients with idiopathic adult hydrocephalus syndrome (IAHS) over a 3-year period...
- Seizure as a manifestation of intracranial hypotension in a shunted patientDeepak Agrawal
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:165-7. 2006..Following this, she became asymptomatic and seizure free. This case illustrates the fact that following shunting, intracranial hypotension may also predispose to seizures, and should be kept in mind while managing these patients...
- Diffuse villous hyperplasia of choroid plexusA C Iplikcioglu
Neurosurgery Clinic, Social Security Okmeydani Teaching Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:691-4; discussion 694. 2006..In this report we present a case of diffuse villous hyperplasia of the choroid plexus and a short review of the literature. To our knowledge, in the CT and MRI era only 5 cases of DVHCP cases have been reported...
- Prior CSF shunting increases the risk of endoscopic third ventriculostomy failure in the treatment of obstructive hydrocephalus in adultsGraeme Woodworth
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurol Res 29:27-31. 2007..The value of concurrent ETV and ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunting in patients with frequent shunt failure remains unstudied...
- Theoretical considerations on the pathophysiology of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) and NPH-related dementiaAbderrahmane Hamlat
Department of Neurosurgery, Service de Neurochirurgie, CHRU Pontchaillou, rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35000 Rennes Cedex 2, France
Med Hypotheses 67:115-23. 2006..They therefore wonder whether cervical decompression should not be indicated in patients who show no improvement. Although attractive, this analysis warrants confirmation from clinical, radiological, and hydrodynamic studies...
- Shunt-related craniocerebral disproportion: treatment with cranial vault expanding proceduresJuan F Martínez-Lage
Regional Service of Neurosurgery and Unit of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital, El Palmar, 30120, Murcia, Spain
Neurosurg Rev 29:229-35. 2006....
- CSF hypovolemia vs intracranial hypotension in "spontaneous intracranial hypotension syndrome"Gordon Kelley
Neurology 62:1453. 2004
- [Assessment of reliable quantification of the dynamics of cerebrospinal fluid by magnetic resonance imaging in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus]J Forner
Servicio de Radiologia, Hospital Quiron, Valencia
Neurologia 22:213-20. 2007....
- The value of temporary external lumbar CSF drainage in predicting the outcome of shunting on normal pressure hydrocephalusR Walchenbach
Department of Neurosurgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 72:503-6. 2002..Therefore, the value of ELD in predicting the outcome after a ventriculoperitoneal shunt in patients with presumed NPH was assessed...
- Early combined cranioplasty and programmable shunt in patients with skull bone defects and CSF-circulation disordersMario N Carvi y Nievas
Department of Neurosurgery, Städtische Kliniken, Frankfurt am Main Höchst, Germany
Neurol Res 28:139-44. 2006....
- Relationship between cerebrospinal fluid and blood dynamics in healthy volunteers and patients with communicating hydrocephalusOlivier Baledent
Department of Imaging and Biophysics, UMR 6600 CNRS, Teaching Hospitals, Jules Verne University of Picardie, Amiens, France
Invest Radiol 39:45-55. 2004....
- [Derivation of cerebrospinal fluid: consequences on inner ear biomechanics in adult patients with chronic hydrocephalus]A Chomicki
Laboratoire de biophysique sensorielle EA 2667, Faculte de Medecine, Universite d Auvergne, CHU de Clermont Ferrand, PO Box 38, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Neurochirurgie 53:265-71. 2007..However, the degree of clinical improvement is variable and the dynamics of cerebrospinal fluid pressure in shunted hydrocephalus is poorly understood...
- An axisymmetric and fully 3D poroelastic model for the evolution of hydrocephalusBenedikt Wirth
Computing Laboratory, University of Oxford, Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, UK
Math Med Biol 23:363-88. 2006..Results of a fully 3D simulations are described for two horn-like lateral ventricles and one case with two lateral ventricles and a third ventricle...
- Intracerebral hemorrhage with severe ventricular involvement: lumbar drainage for communicating hydrocephalusHagen B Huttner
Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen, Germany
Stroke 38:183-7. 2007....
- Risk of rebleeding after treatment of acute hydrocephalus in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageCatharine A Hellingman
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 38:96-9. 2007..We studied the risk of rebleeding in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage during treatment for acute hydrocephalus...
- Inhaled corticosteroids, adrenal suppression and benign intracranial hypertensionPatrick Patradoon-Ho
Blacktown Mt Druitt Health, Sydney West Area Health Service, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:279-80. 2006
- The predictive value of external continuous lumbar drainage, with cerebrospinal fluid outflow controlled by medium pressure valve, in normal pressure hydrocephalusV Panagiotopoulos
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Patras, Rion of Patras, Greece
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:953-8; discussion 958. 2005..Therefore, we conducted a prospective study in order to evaluate the predictive value of a continuous ELD, with CSF outflow controlled by medium pressure valve, in NPH patients...
- Intraventricular or lumbar infusion test in adult communicating hydrocephalus? Practical consequences and clinical outcome of shunt operationR Bech-Azeddine
University Clinic of Neurosurgery, The Neuroscience Center, Rigshospitalet, H S, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:1027-35; discussion 1035-6. 2005..To investigate the therapeutic consequences of restricting the CSF dynamic evaluation to a lumbar infusion test (LIT), as opposed to our formerly applied intraventricular assessment (VIT), in patients with communicating hydrocephalus (CH)...
- The prognostic value of clinical characteristics and parameters of cerebrospinal fluid hydrodynamics in shunting for idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusE J Delwel
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:1037-42; discussion 1042-3. 2005..The aim of this study is to investigate which clinical characteristics, CT parameters and parameters of cerebrospinal fluid dynamics could predict improvement after shunting...
- Thermography - a valuable tool to test hydrocephalus shunt patencyC Goetz
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:1167-72; discussion 1172-3. 2005..Because of the disadvantages of multiple radiation especially in children it was our aim to introduce video-thermography as a simple and non-invasive methodology to evaluate shunt function...
- Acquired Chiari 1 malformation and syringomyelia following lumboperitoneal shunting for pseudotumour cerebriR Padmanabhan
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:298. 2005
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt of continuous flow vs valvular shunt for treatment of hydrocephalus in adultsJulio Sotelo
Divisions of Research and Neurosurgery, National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery of Mexico, CP 14269 Mexico City, Mexico
Surg Neurol 63:197-203; discussion 203. 2005..Here, we show the long-term performance of the SCF in adult patients with hydrocephalus secondary to a comprehensive variety of neurological disorders...
- Evaluation of the lumbar and ventricular infusion test in the diagnostic strategy of pediatric hydrocephalus and the therapeutic implicationsTina Noergaard Munch
University Clinic of Neurosurgery, Department 2092, The Neuroscience Centre, Rigshospitalet, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Childs Nerv Syst 23:67-71. 2007..To evaluate the infusion test as a diagnostic tool behind the choice of intervention in pediatric hydrocephalus...
- Cervical epidural blood patch for low CSF pressure headachesDaniel Kantor
Department of Neurology, Jefferson Headache Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neurology 65:1138. 2005
- Communicating hydrocephalus and papilloedema associated with intraspinal tumours: report of four cases and review of the mechanismsSeyed F A Amlashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Rennes University Hospital, Rennes, France
Acta Neurol Belg 106:31-6. 2006..Consequently, we suggest not performing shunt placement immediately if the intraspinal tumour can be removed...
- Severe intracranial hypertension in slit ventricle syndrome managed using a cisterna magna-ventricle-peritoneum shuntHarold L Rekate
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85013 4496, USA
J Neurosurg 104:240-4. 2006..The authors analyzed the utility of placing shunts into the cisterna magna concurrently with ventricular shunts in patients who were not candidates for lumboperitoneal (LP) shunt placement...
- [Optimal use of the lumbar infusion test in patients with communicating hydrocephalus. Theoretical considerations in comparison to clinical observations]Krzysztof Cieslicki
Pracownia Mechaniki Płynow, Instytut Automatyki i Robotyki, Politechnika Warszawska, ul Sw Andrzeja Boboli 8, 02 525 Warszawa
Neurol Neurochir Pol 38:189-95. 2004..The aim of this paper is to assess the possibility of reducing the duration of IT. The study was based on a theoretical model and the analysis of selected IT performed in patients suffering from normal pressure hydrocephalus...
- Intracranial pulse pressure amplitude levels determined during preoperative assessment of subjects with possible idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusP K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:1151-6; discussion 1156. 2006....
- Cerebrospinal fluid flow in the normal and hydrocephalic human brainAndreas A Linninger
Laboratory for Product and Process Design LPPD, Department of Chemical and Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago 60607, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:291-302. 2007..The paper presents the complete computational model to predict the pulsatile CSF flow in the cranial cavity...
- Calculation of the resistance to CSF outflowM Czosnyka
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1354; author reply 1354-5. 2003
- Orthostatic headache syndrome with CSF leak secondary to bony pathology of the cervical spineE J Eross
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Cephalalgia 22:439-43. 2002..Often these patients are difficult to manage medically, and surgery may be necessary for symptomatic relief...
- Cerebrospinal fluid dynamics and shunt responsiveness in patients with normal-pressure hydrocephalusWilliam G Bradley
Mayo Clin Proc 77:507-8. 2002
- "Low-pressure" headache in intracranial hypertensionChad Whyte
Headache 48:642-3. 2008
- Assessment of idiopathic normal pressure patients in neurological practice: the role of lumbar infusion testing for referral of patients to neurosurgeryA Brean
Department of Neurology, Vestfold Country Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Neurol 15:605-12. 2008..To retrospectively analyse lumbar infusion tests done in neurological practice in iNPH patients to see how infusion test results relate to the clinical course and shunt response...
- Distal slit valve and clinically relevant CSF overdrainage in children with hydrocephalusAnthony A Virella
Division of Neurosurgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Box 957039, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7039, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 18:15-8. 2002..Nonetheless, there is no published evidence to support this assumption...
- Ventricular shunt tap as a predictor of proximal shunt malfunction in children: a prospective studyBrandon G Rocque
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 8660, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 1:439-43. 2008..In this prospective study, the authors evaluated a common method of interrogating shunts: the shunt tap; specifically, its ability to predict proximal malfunction...
- CSF biomarkers in the evaluation of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusA Agren-Wilsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 116:333-9. 2007..CONCLUSIONS - The most striking finding was the power of the combined pattern of NFL, P-tau, and Abeta42 in distinguishing between the clinical diagnoses of INPH, SAE, and neurologically healthy elderly...
- Pressure changes observed in Codman-Medos programmable valves following magnetic exposure and fillipingK Miwa
Department of Neurosurgery, Hashima City Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 17:150-3. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These results demonstrate that the pressure setting of the shunt system can be changed by various shocks, including magnetic impulses, and that the pressure level of the shunt system must be constantly monitored...
- Risk factors for infections related to external ventricular drainageD Hoefnagel
Erasmus Medical Centre, Department of Neurosurgery, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:209-14; discussion 214. 2008..The major complication of this procedure is an EVD-related infection, i.e., meningitis or ventriculitis. The purpose of the present retrospective single centre study is to assess the possible causes of these infections...
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotension in the absence of magnetic resonance imaging abnormalitiesKerrie L Schoffer
Division of Neurology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 29:253-7. 2002..Spontaneous intracranial hypotension (SIH) is a neurologic syndrome of unknown etiology, characterized by features of low cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) pressure, postural headache and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) abnormalities...
- Atypical syringomyelia without cavity in a patient with Chiari malformation and hydrocephalusRong Wang
Department of Spine Surgery, Drum Tower Hospital, College of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E467-70. 2007..A case report is presented...
- Combined endoscopically guided third ventriculostomy with prepontine cistern placement of the ventricular catheter in a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt: technical noteH Stan
Neurosurgical Department, Emergency Clinical County Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:247-50. 2007..The authors present here details of the technique and short-term results...
- Is a combination of Tc-SPECT or perfusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging with spinal tap test helpful in the diagnosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus?F Hertel
Department of Neurosurgery, Bruderkrankenhaus Trier, University of Trier, Nordallee 1, D 54292 Trier, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:479-84. 2003....
- Assessment of cerebrospinal fluid outflow conductance using an adaptive observer--experimental and clinical evaluationK Andersson
Department of Radiation Sciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Physiol Meas 28:1355-68. 2007..05). However, such a difference is within clinically acceptable limits. This encourages further development of this new real-time approach for estimation of the outflow conductance...
- [Clinical significance of measurement of pressure volume index, outflow resistance of cerebrospinal fluid and absorption pressure in infantile hydrocephalus]K Bandoh
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University, Tokyo
No To Hattatsu 25:240-7. 1993..It should be noted, however, that in 3 out of the 7 cases, both preoperative and postoperative PVI values were found to be higher than the predicted PVI values reported by Shapiro.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Hydrocephalus and idiopathic intracranial hypertensionHarold L Rekate
J Neurosurg 107:435-7; discussion 437-8. 2007
- Comparison between the lumbar infusion and CSF tap tests to predict outcome after shunt surgery in suspected normal pressure hydrocephalusB Kahlon
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 73:721-6. 2002..To compare the lumbar infusion test and the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) tap test for predicting the outcome of shunt surgery in patients with suspected normal pressure hydrocephalus...
- Caudal block and ventricular shunt devices: beware of the consequences of increasing epidural pressure!Francis Veyckemans
Paediatr Anaesth 17:707-9; author reply 709. 2007
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension in prepubertal pediatric patients: characteristics, treatment, and outcomeG S Cinciripini
Division of Ophthalmology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, USC School of Medicine, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 127:178-82. 1999..To report the features of idiopathic intracranial hypertension in prepubertal children, with emphasis on presentation, treatment, and outcome...
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension and hemophilia AD E Jacome
Department of Medicine, Franklin Medical Center, Greenfield, Mass, USA
Headache 41:595-8. 2001..Therapeutic and diagnostic lumbar punctures were safe to perform on this patient, following the administration of factor VIII...
- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistula presenting as typical symptoms of hydrocephalus caused by venous congestion: case reportYukiko Nakahara
Department of Neurosurgery, Saga Prefectural Hospital Koseikan, Saga, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 51:229-32. 2011..The cerebrospinal fluid pressure during lumbar puncture was 120 mmH(2)O...
- Space motion sickness: incidence, etiology, and countermeasuresMartina Heer
DLR Institute of Aerospace Medicine, 51170 Koln, Germany
Auton Neurosci 129:77-9. 2006..Space motion sickness is usually treated using pharmaceuticals, most of which have undesirable side effects. Further studies elucidating the underlying mechanism for space motion sickness may be required for developing new treatments...
- Longitudinal endolymph movements induced by perilymphatic injectionsA N Salt
Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hear Res 123:137-47. 1998..Endolymph movements are therefore unlikely to be generated by cerebrospinal fluid pressure fluctuations (such as those produced by respiration, posture changes, coughing, sneezing, etc) which ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid pulse pressure amplitude during lumbar infusion in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus can predict response to shuntingPer K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 7:5. 2010..In this study we explored how the cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) pulse amplitude determined during lumbar infusion testing, correlates with ICP pulse amplitude ..
- Managing cryptococcosis in the immunocompromised hostJoseph N Jarvis
Centre for Infection, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
Curr Opin Infect Dis 21:596-603. 2008..In this context, this review summarizes urgently needed recent work aimed at improving the acute management of cryptococcal infection in immunocompromised hosts...
- Is chronic tension-type headache a vascular headache? The relation between chronic tension-type headache and cranial hemodynamicsJ Hannerz
Department of Neurology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Headache 38:668-75. 1998..05) during head down tilt in patients than in controls. Lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure was found to be greater than 20 but less than 26 cm H2O in 45% of the 22 patients studied with chronic ..
- Phlebotomy reverses the hemodynamic consequences of thoracic aortic cross-clamping: relationships between central venous pressure and cerebrospinal fluid pressureW A Mutch
Department of Anesthesia, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Anesthesiology 74:320-4. 1991..authors investigated the influence of thoracic aortic cross-clamping (AXC) on systemic hemodynamics and cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSFP) with concurrent measurement of total brain flow (tCBF) and regional (cervical, thoracic, and ..
- Desflurane and isoflurane increase lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure in normocapnic patients undergoing transsphenoidal hypophysectomyP Talke
Department of Anesthesia, UCSF 94143 0648, USA
Anesthesiology 85:999-1004. 1996..However, the data on the effect of desflurane on intracranial pressure in humans are still limited and inconclusive. The authors hypothesized that isoflurane and desflurane increase intracranial pressure compared with propofol...
- Use of a simple intraoperative hydrostatic pressure test to assess the relationship between mobility of the ventricular stoma and success of third ventriculostomyMahmoud Hamdy Kamel
Neurosurgery Department, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Republic of Ireland
J Neurosurg 103:848-52. 2005..They also analyzed the relationship between a mobile floor (a positive hydrostatic test) and prospective success of ETV...
- Benign intracranial hypertension in an older child with cystic fibrosisV Lucidi
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Neurol 9:494-5. 1993..Cranial computed tomography appeared normal. Lumbar puncture disclosed an elevated opening cerebrospinal fluid pressure, with normal biochemical, cellular, and bacteriologic findings...
- The influence of coughing on cerebrospinal fluid pressure in an in vitro syringomyelia model with spinal subarachnoid space stenosisBryn A Martin
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Integrative Bioscience Institute, Laboratory of Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 6:17. 2009....
- Idiopathic hydrocephalus in children and idiopathic intracranial hypertension in adults: two manifestations of the same pathophysiological process?Grant A Bateman
Department of Medical Imaging, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
J Neurosurg 107:439-44. 2007..in children have been shown to involve elevations in venous pressure that resolve once the cerebrospinal fluid pressure is reduced...
- [Ophthalmodynamometry of central retinal vein collapse pressure in idiopathic intracranial hypertension]B Harder
Universitatsaugenklinik, Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Ruprecht Karls Universität Heidelberg
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:852-5. 2007..Since the cerebrospinal fluid pressure influences the pressure of the central retinal vein, it was the purpose of the present study to ..
- Perfusion and diffusion magnetic resonance imaging in idiopathic intracranial hypertensionK Bicakci
Department of Radiology, Cukurova University, Balcali Hospital, Adana, Turkey
Acta Neurol Scand 114:193-7. 2006..The aim of this preliminary study was to determine if diffusion and perfusion magnetic resonance imaging in patients with IIH might be beneficial in the management of the disease...
- Effect of central venous pressure on spinal cord oxygenationA Tulga Ulus
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 17:46-53. 2009..In this model, aortic clamping did not increase cerebrospinal fluid pressure if central venous pressure was not elevated...
- Surgery of descending thoracic aortic aneurysms with centrifugal pump supportP Biglioli
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Milan, Centro Cardiologico Hospital Fondazione Monzino IRCCS, Italy
Cardiovasc Surg 5:99-103. 1997..67(2.20) versus -3.70(2.50); P < 0.05) and bicarbonates (24(8.9) versus 20(1.9); P < 0.05). The cerebrospinal fluid pressure remained constant: 20(5.7) versus 19(5.9) versus 18(5) versus 19(5) mmHg; P = n.s...
- Emergency thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair: clinical outcomeP Mastroroberto
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Cardiovascular Surgery Unit, University of Catanzaro, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 118:477-81; discussion 481-2. 1999..We have evaluated the outcome of patients undergoing emergency repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm...
- Optimizing the calibration and interpretation of dynamic ocular force measurementsWilliam H Morgan
ARC Center of Excellence in Vision Science, Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Western Australia, 2 Verdun St, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:401-7. 2010Ophthalmodynamometric studies can provide useful clinical information regarding glaucoma, cerebrospinal fluid pressure, and vascular disease but are affected by variable reproducibility and unknown calibration of force in terms of ..
- Noninvasive Measurements of Intracranial PressureNoam Alperin; Fiscal Year: 2004..3. Quantify and demonstrate improved reproducibility of the volumetric flow rates and the resulting ICP values. ..
- Hydrocephalus, Intracranial Pressure and NeurocognitionDavid Frim; Fiscal Year: 2006..of the brain, the short- and longterm cognitive effects of elevated intracranial pressure and altered cerebrospinal fluid pressure dynamics are incompletely understood...
- MECHANICS OF EARLY BRAIN AND EYE DEVELOPMENTLarry A Taber; Fiscal Year: 2013..stress, drug exposure and genetic knockouts to perturb cellular function, and measurements of embryonic cerebrospinal fluid pressure and regional mechanical properties...
- Modeling, Monitoring and Control of HydrocephalusANDREAS LINNINGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Data Mining Based Noninvasive Intracranial Pressure AssessmentXiao Hu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Data Fusion Method for Bedside Monitoring of Lumped Cerebral Arterial RadiiXiao Hu; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Systemic perinatal insults disrupt neurodevelopmentShenandoah Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insights into mechanisms underlying the disruption of perinatal neural development will lead to novel interventions to enhance neural development in neonates, and minimize neurologic deficits. ..