Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immune status consisting of non-production of HIV antibodies, as determined by various serological tests.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- HIV-1 prevention for HIV-1 serodiscordant couplesKathryn Curran
International Clinical Research Center, Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 9:160-70. 2012....
- Prevalence, incidence, and type-specific persistence of human papillomavirus in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive and HIV-negative womenL Ahdieh
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Infect Dis 184:682-90. 2001..9 (95% CI, 1.5-2.3) times greater if the subject had a CD4 cell count <200 cells/microL (vs. >500 cells/microL). Thus, HIV infection and immunosuppression play an important role in modulating the natural history of HPV infection...
- Suppressed cellular alloimmune responses in HIV-exposed seronegative female sex workersW Jennes
Department of Microbiology, Laboratory of Immunology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Exp Immunol 143:435-44. 2006..Our data support the hypothesis that suppressed cellular alloimmune responses may play a role in protection against HIV infection...
- A prospective study of contraceptive use among African women in HIV-1 serodiscordant partnershipsRenee Heffron
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:621-8. 2010..Few studies have explored contraceptive use in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples, a population at high risk for HIV-1 transmission...
- Predictors of HIV disclosure among untested, HIV-negative and HIV-positive Australian men who had anal intercourse with their most recent casual male sex partnerM Holt
National Centre in HIV Social Research, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
AIDS Behav 15:1128-39. 2011..Nondisclosure remains more strongly associated with safe sex among Australian MSM...
- Late seroconversion in HIV-resistant Nairobi prostitutes despite pre-existing HIV-specific CD8+ responsesR Kaul
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
J Clin Invest 107:341-9. 2001..Seroconversion generally occurs in the absence of detectable CTL escape mutations and may relate to the waning of HIV-specific CD8+ responses due to reduced antigenic exposure...
- Elevated chemokine concentrations in sera of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive and HIV-seronegative patients with tuberculosis: a possible role for mycobacterial lipoarabinomannanN P Juffermans
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 67:4295-7. 1999..Lipoarabinomannan induced IL-8, MCP-1, and MIP-1beta in vitro, which was partly inhibited by anti-tumor necrosis factor antibody...
- Risk factors for development of paradoxical response during antituberculosis therapy in HIV-negative patientsV C C Cheng
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center of Infection, University Pathology Building, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:597-602. 2003..225+/-216 cells/microl; P<0.05) during paradoxical response. Further studies on lymphocyte subsets and cytokine levels would be useful in understanding the exact immunological mechanisms involved in immunorestitution...
- Clinical spectrum of paradoxical deterioration during antituberculosis therapy in non-HIV-infected patientsV C C Cheng
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center of Infection, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, University Pathology Building, Queen Mary Hospital, Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:803-9. 2002..7%) and administration of steroids (39.3%). The use of steroids appeared to be safe in this series, as 95% of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates were susceptible to first-line antituberculosis therapy...
- Family planning among HIV positive and negative prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) clients in a resource poor setting in South AfricaKarl Peltzer
Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health, Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
AIDS Behav 13:973-9. 2009..HIV prevention and family planning must acknowledge the reproductive desires of HIV positive women and men...
- The safety of adult male circumcision in HIV-infected and uninfected men in Rakai, UgandaGodfrey Kigozi
Rakai Health Sciences Program, Entebbe, Uganda
PLoS Med 5:e116. 2008....
- Unprotected sex following HIV testing among women in Uganda and Zimbabwe: short- and long-term comparisons with pre-test behaviourAbigail Norris Turner
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Int J Epidemiol 38:997-1007. 2009..Despite widespread condom promotion for HIV prevention, prospective measurement of condom use before and after HIV testing is infrequent...
- Prevalence and risk factors for human papillomavirus infection of the anal canal in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive and HIV-negative homosexual menJ M Palefsky
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Infect Dis 177:361-7. 1998..004) but not group A DNA. These data suggest increased replication of the more oncogenic HPV types with more advanced immunosuppression...
- Effect of postpartum maternal or neonatal vitamin A supplementation on infant mortality among infants born to HIV-negative mothers in ZimbabweLucie C Malaba
Department of Nutrition, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Am J Clin Nutr 81:454-60. 2005....
- Characterization of baseline intestinal mucosal indices of injury and inflammation in men for use in rectal microbicide trials (HIV Prevention Trials Network-056)Ian McGowan
Center for Prevention Research in the Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of Clifornia, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:417-25. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the biologic stability of mucosal parameters that might be used as endpoints in phase 1 rectal safety studies...
- Influence of a partner's HIV serostatus, use of highly active antiretroviral therapy, and viral load on perceptions of sexual risk behavior in a community sample of men who have sex with menT P Suarez
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Wisconsin, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:471-7. 2001....
- Regional differences in prevalence of HIV-1 discordance in Africa and enrollment of HIV-1 discordant couples into an HIV-1 prevention trialJairam R Lingappa
University of Washington, Department of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1411. 2008..Substantial regional differences exist in HIV-1 prevalence in Africa, but regional differences in HIV-1 discordance among African couples, has not previously been reported...
- Defining the genital immune correlates of protection against HIV acquisition: co-infections and other potential confoundersR Kaul
Clinical Science Division, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 87:125-30. 2011....
- Risk factors for Kaposi's sarcoma: a case-control study of HIV-seronegative people in UgandaJohn Ziegler
Uganda Cancer Institute and Makerere University Medical School, Kampala, Uganda
Int J Cancer 103:233-40. 2003..7; p < 0.001). The risk of Kaposi's sarcoma is clearly linked to antibody status for KSHV, but it would seem that in Uganda other factors are also important in the development of the tumour...
- Decreased immune activation in resistance to HIV-1 infection is associated with an elevated frequency of CD4(+)CD25(+)FOXP3(+) regulatory T cellsCatherine M Card
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Infect Dis 199:1318-22. 2009..By controlling levels of T cell activation, T(reg) cells may contribute to HIV resistance by minimizing the pool of cells susceptible to infection...
- Cervicovaginal human papillomavirus infection in human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV)-positive and high-risk HIV-negative womenJ M Palefsky
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:226-36. 1999....
- Differences in fertility by HIV serostatus and adjusted HIV prevalence data from an antenatal clinic in northern UgandaMassimo Fabiani
National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Trop Med Int Health 11:182-7. 2006..To estimate differences in fertility by HIV serostatus and to validate an adjustment method for estimating the HIV prevalence in the general female population using data from an antenatal clinic...
- Prospective study of attitudinal and relationship predictors of sexual risk in the multicenter AIDS cohort studyDavid G Ostrow
David Ostrow and Associates, Chicago MACS Howard Brown Health Center and Northwestern University School of Medicine, 5455 N Sheridan Rd, Suite 1207, Chicago, IL 60640, USA
AIDS Behav 12:127-38. 2008..We conclude that HIV prevention efforts should target modifiable attitudes (reduced concern about HIV and safer sex fatigue) and increases in sexual risk-taking of MSM, particularly among HIV+ men having sex with serodiscordant partners...
- HIV-specific T helper responses and frequency of exposure among HIV-exposed seronegative female sex workers in Abidjan, Cote d'IvoireWim Jennes
Department of Microbiology, Laboratory of Immunology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
J Infect Dis 189:602-10. 2004..The characteristics of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) exposure that determine the induction of HIV-specific T cells and, in particular, T helper cells are not well understood...
- Higher homologous and lower cross-reactive Gag-specific T-cell responses in human immunodeficiency virus type 2 (HIV-2) than in HIV-1 infectionWim Jennes
Department of Microbiology, Laboratory of Immunology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
J Virol 82:8619-28. 2008..Understanding the nature of immune control of HIV-2 infection could be crucial for HIV vaccine design...
- Importance of sex partner HIV status in HIV risk assessment among men who have sex with menMatthew R Golden
Public Health Seattle and King County, and Division of Infectious Diseases and the Center for AIDS and STD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:734-42. 2004..These risk criteria might be effectively used to triage MSM into more intensive prevention interventions...
- Relationship characteristics and motivations behind agreements among gay male couples: differences by agreement type and couple serostatusColleen C Hoff
Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Care 22:827-35. 2010..When examined by agreement type and couple serostatus, important differences emerge that must be taken into account to improve the effectiveness of future HIV prevention efforts with gay couples...
- No difference in in vitro susceptibility to HIV type 1 between high-risk HIV-negative Ethiopian commercial sex workers and low-risk control subjectsT Messele
Ethio Netherlands AIDS Research Project at the Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 17:433-41. 2001..Our results show that coreceptor polymorphism, coreceptor expression levels, beta-chemokine production, and cellular resistance to in vitro HIV-1 infection are not associated with protection in high-risk HIV-1-negative Ethiopian CSWs...
- HIV-1 Env-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses in exposed, uninfected Kenyan sex workers: a prospective analysisRupert Kaul
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
AIDS 18:2087-9. 2004..Annual HIV incidence was 5.8%. CTL were independently associated with age and recent HIV-1 exposure,but were not prospectively associated with protection in a multivariable model that included HIV-1 exposure and duration of sex work...
- Cutting edge: increased NK cell activity in HIV-1-exposed but uninfected Vietnamese intravascular drug usersDaniel Scott-Algara
Unité de Biologie des Rétrovirus, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 171:5663-7. 2003..The finding of an enhanced NK cell function in EU IDUs, especially compared with IDUs who became HIV-1 infected, supports the hypothesis that NK cells contribute to the protection against HIV-1 infection...
- Reduced CD4 T cell activation and in vitro susceptibility to HIV-1 infection in exposed uninfected Central AfricansEvelyne Begaud
Institut Pasteur, Bangui, CAR
Retrovirology 3:35. 2006....
- Cross-clade HIV-1-specific neutralizing IgA in mucosal and systemic compartments of HIV-1-exposed, persistently seronegative subjectsClaudia Devito
Department of Clinical Virology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:413-20. 2002..In conclusion, mucosal and plasma IgA from HEPS subjects neutralizes HIV-1 of different clades. This ability to induce HIV-1-specific systemic and mucosal IgA may be an important feature of an effective prophylactic HIV-1 vaccine...
- Low-level CD4+ T cell activation in HIV-exposed seronegative subjects: influence of gender and condom useMakhtar Camara
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Bacteriology Virology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Le Dantec, Dakar, Senegal
J Infect Dis 201:835-42. 2010....
- HLA and cytokine gene polymorphisms are independently associated with responses to hepatitis B vaccinationChengbin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Hepatology 39:978-88. 2004..In conclusion, DRB1*07 (or a closely linked allele) and immunoregulatory cytokine gene polymorphisms correlate with variable immune response to recombinant HBV vaccines...
- Low CD4+ T-lymphocyte values in human immunodeficiency virus-negative adults in BotswanaHermann Bussmann
Botswana Harvard AIDS Partnership, Gaborone, Botswana
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:930-5. 2004..66; for males, 1.51). Our findings of low CD4+ LCs among HIV-negative adults in Botswana are significant and have important implications for the management of HIV disease in the population of this sub-Saharan African country...
- "Serosorting" in casual anal sex of HIV-negative gay men is noteworthy and is increasing in Sydney, AustraliaLimin Mao
National Centre in HIV Social Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 20:1204-6. 2006..Prevention and intervention programmes are urgently needed to alert HIV-negative gay men to the risks associated with "serosorting", and remind them of the need for consistent condom use...
- New insights into HIV-1 specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses in exposed, persistently seronegative Kenyan sex workersR Kaul
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Immunol Lett 79:3-13. 2001..These findings suggest that vaccine-induced protective HIV immunity is a realistic goal, but that vaccine strategies of boosting or persistent antigen may be necessary for long-lived protection...
- Liver fibrosis on account of chronic hepatitis C is more severe in HIV-positive than HIV-negative patients despite antiretroviral therapyV de Ledinghen
Centre d Investigation de la Fibrose hépatique, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU Bordeaux, Pessac, France
J Viral Hepat 15:427-33. 2008..HIV/HCV-coinfected patients have more advanced liver fibrosis than HCV-monoinfected patients despite the immunologic benefit of HAART...
- Distribution of lymphocyte subsets in healthy human immunodeficiency virus-negative adult Ethiopians from two geographic localesA Kassu
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute-Ethiopian Netherlands AIDS Research Project, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 8:1171-6. 2001..Thus, care should be taken in extrapolating immunological reference values from one population group to another...
- Primary mania versus HIV-related secondary mania in UgandaEtheldreda Nakimuli-Mpungu
Department of Psychiatry, Makerere University, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Am J Psychiatry 163:1349-54; quiz 1480. 2006..The authors hypothesized that in the majority of HIV-positive patients presenting with mania, the mania is secondary to HIV infection and that its presentation and correlates differ from those of HIV-negative patients with primary mania...
- Immunohematological reference ranges for adults from the Central African RepublicDidier Menard
Institut Pasteur de Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:443-5. 2003..Thus, the CD4/CD8 T-cell ratios for healthy adults from the CAR are significantly reduced compared to the ratios for healthy Europeans...
- Living with discordance: knowledge, challenges, and prevention strategies of HIV-discordant couples in UgandaR E Bunnell
CDC Uganda, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS Care 17:999-1012. 2005..Discordant couples represent a critical risk group and improved counseling protocols that clearly explain discordance, emphasize high risk of transmission, and support risk reduction are urgently needed...
- HIV-1 and recurrence, relapse, and reinfection of tuberculosis after cure: a cohort study in South African mineworkersP Sonnenberg
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 358:1687-93. 2001..We followed up a cohort of 326 South African mineworkers, who had successfully completed treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis in 1995, to determine the rate and mechanisms of recurrence...
- Most highly exposed seronegative men lack HIV-1-specific, IFN-gamma-secreting T cellsFlorian Hladik
Program in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Research Division, Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, D3 100, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Immunol 171:2671-83. 2003..HIV-1-specific, IFN-gamma-secreting T cells are thus unlikely to substantially contribute to resistance against infection in most exposed seronegative men having sex with men...
- Inhibitory function of secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor (SLPI) in human saliva is HIV-1 specific and varies with virus tropismP Skott
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Oral Dis 8:160-7. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate the biological function of SLPI in salivary mediated inhibition of HIV infection and in addition the inhibitory effect of SLPI using isolates of varied virus tropism...
- Cervicovaginal levels of lactoferrin, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor, and RANTES and the effects of coexisting vaginoses in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seronegative women with a high risk of heterosexual acquisition of HIV infectionRichard M Novak
University of Illinois at Chicago, 808 S Wood St, M C 735, Rm 888, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1102-7. 2007..However, the increased RANTES levels in a higher-risk subset of high-risk women were reduced after BV treatment...
- Kaposi's sarcoma in HIV-negative men having sex with menFanny Lanternier
Department of Dermatology, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1163-8. 2008..In western countries, human herpesvirus-8 is more prevalent in homosexual men than in the general population, and anecdotal cases of Kaposi's sarcoma in HIV-negative homosexual men have been reported...
- New CCR5 variants associated with reduced HIV coreceptor function in southeast AsiaCorinne Capoulade-Metay
INSERM U543, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
AIDS 18:2243-52. 2004..This resistance has been associated with homozygosity for a 32 base pair deletion in the gene for the CCR5 receptor. This variant occurs frequently in Caucasians but is extremely rare in Asians or Africans...
- Predictive value of anti-cell and anti-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) humoral responses in HIV-1-exposed seronegative cohorts of European and Asian originL Lopalco
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Gen Virol 86:339-48. 2005..In conclusion, exposed seronegative individuals of ethnically different origins display similar signs of HIV-dependent unconventional immunity. A specific relevance must be attributed to different innate and acquired factors...
- Distinct patterns of peripheral HIV-1-specific interferon- gamma responses in exposed HIV-1-seronegative individualsAnthony Kebba
Department of Immunology, Imperial College, London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 189:1705-13. 2004..Immunodominant peptides recognized by SP subjects tended to be from relatively conserved regions, whereas peptides recognized by ESN individuals were associated with slow disease progression...
- A prospective study of risk factors for bacterial vaginosis in HIV-1-seronegative African womenR Scott McClelland
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:617-23. 2008..Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is common and has been associated with increased HIV-1 susceptibility. The objective of this study was to identify risk factors for BV in African women at high risk for acquiring HIV-1...
- Epidemiologic and biologic characterization of a cohort of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 highly exposed, persistently seronegative female sex workers in northern Thailand. Chiang Mai HEPS Working GroupC Beyrer
Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Infect Dis 179:59-67. 1999..018). Epidemiologic exposure to HIV-1 without apparent infection, an unusual distribution of HLA class I alleles, and HIV-1 gp160-specific IgA responses suggest a biologic basis for this phenomenon...
- Anal sex among HIV-seronegative women at high risk of HIV exposure. The HIVNET Vaccine Preparedness Study 2 Protocol TeamM Gross
Abt Associates Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 24:393-8. 2000..Behavioral and biomedical prevention strategies effective for anal as well as vaginal sex are needed...
- Gene expression and viral prodution in latently infected, resting CD4+ T cells in viremic versus aviremic HIV-infected individualsTae Wook Chun
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1908-13. 2003....
- Knowledge and attitudes about male circumcision for HIV-1 prevention among heterosexual HIV-1 serodiscordant partnerships in Kampala, UgandaKenneth K Mugwanya
Infectious Diseases Institute, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
AIDS Behav 14:1190-7. 2010....
- Impaired progenitor cell function in HIV-negative infants of HIV-positive mothers results in decreased thymic output and low CD4 countsS D Nielsen
Department of Infectious Diseases and Department of Pediatrics, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Blood 98:398-404. 2001..9%, P =.009) and seemed to generate fewer T cells in FTOCs. In conclusion, lower numbers of naive CD4(+) cells and reduced thymic output in HIV-negative infants of HIV-positive mothers may be due to impaired progenitor cell function...
- Enhanced rates and magnitude of immune responses detected against an HIV vaccine: effect of using an optimized process for isolating PBMCLisa S Kierstead
Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point and Wayne, PA 19087, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:86-92. 2007..These studies establish the importance of optimal conditions for PBMC collection and handling to the success of a clinical development program...
- Acute respiratory failure due to pneumocystis pneumonia in patients without human immunodeficiency virus infection: outcome and associated featuresEmir Festic
Division of Primary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Chest 128:573-9. 2005..To examine outcome and associated factors of acute respiratory failure (ARF) in non-HIV-related Pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP) in patients admitted to a medical ICU between 1995 and 2002...
- Longitudinal analysis of bacterial vaginosis: findings from the HIV epidemiology research studyD J Jamieson
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:656-63. 2001..To determine the natural history of bacterial vaginosis in women with or at risk for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Not just sheer luck! Immune correlates of protection against HIV-1 infectionLuca Piacentini
DISP LITA Vialba, Milano, University Medical School, Milano, Italy
Vaccine 26:3002-7. 2008..In this review, we will summarize the body of knowledge that stemmed from that first observation...
- Low levels of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 DNA in high-risk seronegative menFransje A Koning
Sanquin Research at CLB, Dept of Clinical Viro Immunology, Plesmanlaan 125, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 79:6551-3. 2005..8 to 1.6 years prior to seroconversion. These data indicate a high prevalence of low-level HIV-1 DNA in exposed seronegative individuals...
- Detection of HIV vaccine-induced cell-mediated immunity in HIV-seronegative clinical trial participants using an optimized and validated enzyme-linked immunospot assaySheri Dubey
Department of Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:20-7. 2007....
- Tuberculosis and HIV in IndiaRobert Steinbrook
N Engl J Med 356:1198-9. 2007
- Immune responses in patients with HIV infection after vaccination with recombinant Hepatitis B virus vaccineNeelam Pasricha
Department of Immunopathology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
BMC Infect Dis 6:65. 2006..The aim of the present study was to assess the efficacy of recombinant vaccine in treatment-naive HIV positive patients and healthy controls, and to dissect out differences if any, in different limbs of immune response...
- Persistence of human papillomavirus infection in HIV-infected and -uninfected adolescent girls: risk factors and differences, by phylogenetic typeAnna Barbara Moscicki
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco 94118 0503, USA
J Infect Dis 190:37-45. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine the rates of and risk factors for persistence of HPV types among HIV-infected and -uninfected adolescent girls...
- Neutralizing antibodies in mucosal secretions: IgG or IgA?Rashada Alexander
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Curr HIV Res 5:588-93. 2007..Considering the importance of the antibody response to ascertaining the correlates of HIV immunity, as well as on vaccine research and development, this review addresses the relevant studies and their implications...
- Association between fertility and HIV status: what implications for HIV estimates?Eugene J Kongnyuy
Child and Reproductive Health Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
BMC Public Health 8:309. 2008..Our aim was to compare the fertility rates of HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected women in Cameroon in order to make recommendations on the appropriate adjustments when using antenatal sentinel data to estimate HIV prevalence...
- Fatal HHV-8-associated hemophagocytic syndrome in an HIV-negative immunocompetent patient with plasmablastic variant of multicentric Castleman disease (plasmablastic microlymphoma)Chien Feng Li
Department of Pathology, Chi Mei Foundation Medical Center, 901 Chung Hwa Road, Yung Kang City, Tainan 710, Taiwan
Am J Surg Pathol 30:123-7. 2006..We speculated that our patient developed VAHS under the cytokine storm associated with the proliferating HHV-8-infected plasmablasts, similar to the EBV-triggered VAHS in patients with EBV-associated T-cell lymphoma...
- A multicenter in vivo proton-MRS study of HIV-associated dementia and its relationship to ageL Chang
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Neuroimage 23:1336-47. 2004..Therefore, a multicenter MRS consortium was formed to evaluate the neurometabolites in HIV patients with or without cognitive impairment...
- Human leukocyte antigen class I genotypes in relation to heterosexual HIV type 1 transmission within discordant couplesJianming Tang
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 181:2626-35. 2008..Thus, HLA class I gene products not only mediate HIV-1 pathogenesis and evolution but also influence heterosexual HIV-1 transmission...
- HLA-DRB1 and -DQB1 alleles and haplotypes in Zambian couples and their associations with heterosexual transmission of HIV type 1Jianming Tang
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1696-704. 2004..Overall, associations of HLA class II polymorphisms with both HIV transmission and acquisition are not as readily interpretable as are effects reported for other loci...
- HIV-1-specific cellular immune responses among HIV-1-resistant sex workersK R Fowke
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Immunol Cell Biol 78:586-95. 2000..Many HIV-1-resistant women show evidence of HIV-1-specific T-helper and cytotoxic responses. These data support the suggestion that HIV-1-specific T-cell responses contribute to protection against HIV-1 infection...
- The association of socioeconomic status and use of crack/cocaine with unprotected anal sex in a cohort of men who have sex with men in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilClaudia Teresa Vieira de Souza
Research Center, Evandro Chagas Hospital, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:95-100. 2002..91, CI: 1.20-3.05), and use of crack/cocaine (AOR = 1.91, CI: 1.05-3.46). Our findings suggest that HIV prevention programs for these men need to address drug use and how drug use may influence sexual behaviors...
- Influence of HLA supertypes on susceptibility and resistance to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionK S MacDonald
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Infect Dis 181:1581-9. 2000..These data provide further evidence that resistance to HIV-1 infection in this cohort of sex workers is immunologically mediated...
- Lymphocyte subset enumeration in HIV seronegative and HIV-1 seropositive adults in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: determination of reference values in males and females and comparison of two flow cytometric methodsW K Urassa
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Immunol Methods 277:65-74. 2003..There was acceptable agreement in the levels of CD4(+) T-lymphocyte values obtained by the two flow cytometric methods...
- Non-injection substance use correlates with risky sex among men having sex with men: data from HIVNETG E Woody
University of PA Philadelphia Veterans Affairs, Medical Center 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 53:197-205. 1999..Those with past drug use or past heavy alcohol use but not currently using demonstrated no increase in sexual risk, suggesting an important role for substance-focused interventions in risk reduction efforts among MSM...
- HIV type 1 antigen-responsive CD4+ T-lymphocytes in exposed yet HIV Type 1 seronegative UgandansAnthony Kebba
Medical Research Council s Programme on AIDS in Uganda, UVRI, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:67-75. 2004....
- Performance of a commercial, type-specific enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of herpes simplex virus type 2-specific antibodies in UgandansOliver Laeyendecker
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1794-6. 2004..A higher index cutoff value was required for optimal sensitivity and specificity, and overall performance of the assay was not affected by HIV status...
- Persistence of extraordinarily low levels of genetically homogeneous human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in exposed seronegative individualsTuofu Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
J Virol 77:6108-16. 2003..Understanding the mechanisms that confer diminished replicative capacity of HIV-1 in these hosts is paramount to developing strategies for protection against and control of HIV-1 infection...
- Risk associated HIV-1 cross-clade resistance of whole peripheral blood mononuclear cells from exposed uninfected individuals with wild-type CCR5Rohan John
Department of Pathology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:1-8. 2004..Consistent with some EU cohort studies, resistance waned among individuals who reduced their high-risk behavior...
- Novel mutations and SNPs identified in CCR2 using a new comprehensive denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis assayDesiree C Petersen
Department of Medical Virology, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerburg, South Africa
Hum Mutat 20:253-9. 2002....
- HIV risk exposure among South African children in public health facilitiesO Shisana
Human Science Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Care 20:755-63. 2008..These infections can be prevented through education and improved infection-control procedures...
- Morbidity and mortality patterns in HIV-1 seropositive/ seronegative women in Kampala and Harare during pregnancy and in the subsequent two yearsM T Mbizvo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Zimbabwe Harare, Zimbabwe
Cent Afr J Med 51:91-7. 2005..To compare birth outcomes, hospital admissions and mortality amongst HIV-1 seropositive and HIV-1 seronegative pregnant women in Kampala, Uganda and Harare, Zimbabwe...
- Association of serum lipid levels with HIV serostatus, specific antiretroviral agents, and treatment regimensKathryn Anastos
Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:34-42. 2007..The effects of HIV infection, highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), and specific antiretroviral agents on lipoproteins in women are not well described...
- HIV-1 infection increases the expression of human endogenous retroviruses type K (HERV-K) in vitroRafael Contreras-Galindo
AIDS Research Program, Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico, 00716
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:116-22. 2007..Furthermore, the expression of HERV-K in PBMCs, and particularly in CD4(+) T cells, was higher in HIV-1 patients compared to control subjects. The expression of HERV-K might be related to HIV-1 pathogenesis and AIDS-associated cancers...
- Yield of HCV and HIV-1 NAT after screening of 3.6 million blood donations in central EuropeW Kurt Roth
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunohematology German Red Cross, Hesse, Frankfurt
Transfusion 42:862-8. 2002..The yield of NAT after testing more than 3.6 million donations in central Europe is reported...
- Association between simian virus 40 and non-Hodgkin lymphomaRegis A Vilchez
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet 359:817-23. 2002..We aimed to identify which one of the three polyomaviruses able to infect human beings (simian virus 40 [SV40], JC virus, and BK virus) was associated with non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- An ultrasound-based comparative study on carotid plaques in HIV-positive patients vs. atherosclerotic and arteritis patients: atherosclerotic or inflammatory lesions?Paolo Maggi
Institute of Infectious Diseases, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Coron Artery Dis 18:23-9. 2007..The results were compared with those obtained from young patients affected by atherosclerosis of the epi-aortic vessels and patients with arteritis...
- Cutting edge: resistance to HIV-1 infection among African female sex workers is associated with inhibitory KIR in the absence of their HLA ligandsWim Jennes
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
J Immunol 177:6588-92. 2006..In addition, exposed seronegatives more frequently possessed AB KIR genotypes, which contain more activating KIR. The data support an important role for NK cells and KIR/HLA interactions in antiviral immunity...
- Safety and immunogenicity of 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in HIV-1 infected former drug usersA Amendola
Institute of Virology, University of Milan, Via Pascal 38, 20133, Milan, Italy
Vaccine 20:3720-4. 2002..Pneumococcal vaccination does not induce virological or immunological deterioration in HIV infected patients, but the antibody response to a single dose of vaccine is poor...
- Protective role of beta-chemokines associated with HIV-specific Th responses against perinatal HIV transmissionT J Wasik
Center for Neurovirology, Department of Neurology, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
J Immunol 162:4355-64. 1999....
- Characterization of high-risk HIV-1 seronegative hemophiliacsJ R Salkowitz
Division of Infectious Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 44106, USA
Clin Immunol 98:200-11. 2001..Thus alloreactivity may predispose to acquisition of HIV-1 infection after parenteral exposure...
- Human immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) infection in serodiscordant couples (SDCs) does not have an impact on embryo quality or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) outcomeMarco Antonio Barreto Melo
Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 89:141-50. 2008..To evaluate the embryo quality in our program for human immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) serodiscordant couples (SDCs) with the male infected in comparison with a tubal-factor infertility control group...
- Modulating influence on HIV/AIDS by interacting RANTES gene variantsPing An
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10002-7. 2002..The diminished transcription of RANTES afforded by the In1.1C regulatory allele is consistent with increased HIV-1 spread in vivo, leading to accelerated progression to AIDS...
- Lack of effect of chemokine receptor CCR2b gene polymorphism (64I) on HIV-1 plasma RNA viral load and immune activation among HIV-1 seropositive female workers in Abidjan, Côte d'IvoireC A Adjé
Projet RETRO CI, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
J Med Virol 64:398-401. 2001..The finding that the frequency of this mutation is similar in HIV-seropositive and -seronegative female workers suggests that its presence is not associated with increased risk of HIV infection...
- Absence of a recognizable seroconversion illness in Africans infected with HIV-1D Morgan
Medical Research Council Programme on AIDS/Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS 15:1575-6. 2001..2%) reported a flu-like illness. More symptoms were reported by seroconverters, but the duration of illness was similar in both groups. We found no association between symptoms and infection with HIV-1 subtype A or D...
- The relationship between cocaine use and human papillomavirus infections in HIV-seropositive and HIV-seronegative womenHoward Minkoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maimonides Medical Center and SUNY Downstate, NY 11219, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2008:587082. 2008..Since both cocaine use and HPV infection are common among HIV-positive women, we sought to determine whether use of cocaine and/or crack influences the natural history of HPV among women with or at high risk of HIV...
- Influenza vaccination of HIV-1-positive and HIV-1-negative former intravenous drug usersA Amendola
Institute of Virology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Med Virol 65:644-8. 2001..Immunization caused no significant changes in CD4+ counts and in neither plasma HIV-1 RNA nor proviral DNA levels. Therefore, vaccination against influenza may benefit persons infected by HIV-1...
- Seroprevalence of HHV8 in a cohort of HIV-negative and HIV-positive patients in MozambiqueS Ceffa
Department of Oncology, Division of Surgical, Molecular and Ultrastructural Pathology, University of Pisa and Pisa University Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Ann Ig 19:519-23. 2007..1%, similar than that measured in bordering countries. Considering the CD8 value within the HIV positive sub-cohort a strong correlation with the positivity for HHV8 and the immunological status is suggested...
- HIV-1-related pleural tuberculosis: elevated production of IFN-gamma, but failure of immunity to Mycobacterium tuberculosisW S Hodsdon
Medical Research Council Programme on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS 15:467-75. 2001..Mycobacterium tuberculosis can proliferate despite high levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines...
- High HIV-1 prevalence among metamphetamine users in central Thailand, 1999-2000S Vongsheree
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 84:1263-7. 2001..11 per cent of the non-opiate users (Fisher's exact test p=0.0002). This group of metamphetamine users is important to public health and more attention on intervention efforts towards HIV infection is urgently needed...
- Enhancing HIV Medication Adherence in IndiaDEBORAH LYNNE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MEDICATION ADHERENCE INTERVENTION FOR HIV+ PERSONSDebra Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DNA Methylation as an Epigenetic Host Factor in HIV/AIDSJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Adult Brain Cancer: A Follow-up StudyJianming Tang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Interaction of Human Immune Cells Alcohol & HIVSteven Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may provide new mechanistic insights related to the role of alcohol in the pathogenesis of HIV disease and AIDS and toward design of new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Directly Administered HIV Therapy in Methadone ClinicsGREGORY LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research team has an established history of collaboration in this area, and brings together a wealth of research expertise in HIV treatment outcomes, substance abuse, and behavioral aspects of adherence. ..
- RBC MASS, ANS INTEGRITY & SYNCOPE SUSCEPTIBILITY IN CFSBarry Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HIV/HCV Co-infection: HAART and CVD PathophysiologyBarry Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Directly observed antiretroviral therapy in drug abusersGREGORY LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2006..My career plan and research proposal are consistent with my long-term goals of becoming an effective independent investigator, and optimizing treatment outcomes in HIV-infected IDUs. ..
- DRUG ABUSE, HIV, SELENIUM SUPPLEMENTATION, AND CVD RISKBarry Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Meal-Related GlycemiaBarry E Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research is an essential step toward understanding in persons with MSX the role of postprandial glycemic regulation in accelerated CHD pathogenesis. ..
- Testing a Model of HIV Risk for MenColleen Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data from this study will be instrumental in developing tailored interventions for gay male couples at risk for HIV and related infections. ..
- Interventions to Enhance HIV Medication Adherence in ZambiaDeborah Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- South Africa Adolescent Smoking: A Longitudinal StudyDavid Brook; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our research will also focus on developing a fuller understanding of cultural factors which is critical for establishing effective prevention and treatment programs to deal with growing problems due to tobacco use. ..
- PHILADELPHIA PEDIATRIC AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITSteven Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Maternal HIV: Intervention to Assist Disclosure to ChildrenDebra Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2009..Few interventions, other than for prevention or medication adherence, are available for women living with HIV;this study will evaluate an intervention that will help HIV-positive mothers deal with a serious family issue. ..
- Neurokinin-1R (SP Receptor) Antagonists for HIV TherapySteven Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- SYRINGE EXCHANGE BASED HEPATITIS B VACCINATION OF IDU'SRobert Heimer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- AIDS RISK--PUERTO RICAN IDU FATHERS AND THEIR CHILDRENDavid Brook; Fiscal Year: 2003..The significance of the study lies in its attempt to examine a greatly under-researched area--the role of the Puerto Rican IDU father in his child's ability to cope and in his child's drug behavior. ..
- Integrating Sex & Drug Related HIV Risk & TransmissionRobert Heimer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Transmission in Russia Through Liquid Drug InjectionRobert Heimer; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Frequency and Function of HIV-specific T-cells in GALTBarbara Shacklett; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also test alternate hypotheses to explain the apparent low levels of perforin expression in GALT. ..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- Informed Consent in People with Multiple SclerosisMichael Basso; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, the long-term goal of this research is to ensure that research participants with M.S. are treated in an ethical manner. ..
- Using Respondant-Driven Sampling to Reach Black and White Bisexually-Active MenJennifer Lauby; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development and Evaluation of a Group HIV Intervention for Gender Stigmatized PerJeffrey Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Variation in the ALOX5 gene and response to omega-3 fatty acid supplementsCharles Stephensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indicators of cardiovascular risk will also be assessed before and after intervention, including blood lipid profile, blood pressure, heart rate, and plasma CRP, glucose and insulin concentrations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TB Clinical Research: Training the Next GenerationCarol Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Her work with the Duke Center for Human Genetics is an example of translational research she hopes to foster within her mycobacteria research program. ..
- Couples-Based HIV Prevention in South AfricaLynae Darbes; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Examine quantitatively how couple-level factors such as communication about sex, relationship factors (e.g., trust), and perception of risk predict couples' sexual risk and participating in couples-based VCT. ..
- Metagenomic analysis of the human viromeEric L Delwart; Fiscal Year: 2010..This metagenomic survey of non-human nucleic acids in humans will therefore begin the task of determining the full range of viral diversity in humans. ..
- Trial of Vitamins in HIV Progression and TransmissionWafaie Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The study is a collaborative effort between Harvard School of Public Health and Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. ..
- Insulin-like growth factor axis influence on HIV and HPV pathogenesis in womenHoward Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neurocognitive Impulsivity and HIV Risk Behaviors in Bulgarian Heroin UsersJasmin Vassileva; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TDM & Drug Interactions in HIVinfected Substance AbusersGene Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Multimedia Social Support Intervention: Adherence to HIV Care in South AfricaRobert Remien; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings can be used to inform larger-scale effectiveness studies in similar settings. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular pharmacology of tenofovir and emtricitabine for HIV prophylaxisPeter Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developmental Psychopathology and Maternal Substance UseSharon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Mentors and consultants will provide expertise and oversight in all career development and research activities. ..
- Poly-functional analyses of vaccine-induced T cell responsesGuido Ferrari; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, these findings will shed new insights on the importance and fate of vaccine-induced T cell responses in controlling HIV-infection. ..
- IDENTIFYING TARGETED STRATEGIES TO INCREASE HIV TESTINGJennifer Lauby; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GARLIC PREPARATIONS AND ANTIRETROVIRAL DRUGSDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work will provide immediately applicable clinical data on garlic interactions with antiretrovirals, as well as mechanistic data identifying the interaction process and its predictability from in vitro models. ..
- CD8+ T cell cytokine production in HIV-1 infectionPaul Goepfert; Fiscal Year: 2005..An HIV-1 vaccine would also be enhanced by identifying CD8+ T cell epitopes that portend a favorable prognosis and are difficult for the virus to mutate (specific aims 2 and 3). ..
- IMPACT OF CO-RECEPTOR AND HIV VIRAL BURDEN ON GUT MUCOSAPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be done by looking for decreased mucosal viral burden and evidence of immune reconstitution after therapeutic intervention. ..
- ORAL DISEASE AMONG RENAL TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSCAROLINE SHIBOSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed career development award would allow Dr. Shiboski to evolve from the post-doctoral level to the level of independent investigator. The candidate intends to devote 80 percent effort to the proposed project. ..
- MDR1 and Related Proteins during HIV PI ExposureDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will be of importance in understanding lipid disorders related to PIs as well as the kinetics of drugs used to treat HIV and related disorders. ..
- AIDS Caregiving Stress Among Midlife and Older WomenRichard Wight; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Social Course of Adherence to HAART in Active Drug UsersNorma Ware; Fiscal Year: 2003..These categories will serve as the basis for formulating and assessing the feasibility of patient focused, clinician-focused, and other strategies for supporting adherence to HAART among active users of illegal drugs. ..
- Immunology International Conference "Correlates of Disease Progression in Africa"Huyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The possibility of[unreadable] creating a network to promote immunology training and research among investigators[unreadable] from this region will also be on the agenda. ..
- Cellular Immune Response to non-B Clade HIV InfectionHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RCT of Russian IDU Peer Network HIV Prevent InterventionCarl Latkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- STDS, FERTILITY, MARRIAGE AND DEMOGRAPHIC PROJECTIONRonald Gray; Fiscal Year: 2002..In collaboration with the U.S. Bureau of Census, data from the proposed study will be used to revise demographic projections of the effects of HIV on population growth, composition and AIDS orphanhood. ..
- A Network & Dyad HIV Prevention Intervention for Intravenous Drug UserCarl Latkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Main outcome measures will be self-reported sex and injection risk behaviors. Self-reports will be cross-validated by urinalysis of STIs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Activated Immune Parameters Associated with HIV & AgingBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Neuro-Cognitive Aspects of Opiate Abuse & Antisocial BehaviorJasmin Vassileva; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of HIV excape mutants and T cell responses in elite suppressorsJoel Blankson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may allow some patients to control the virus without antiretroviral therapy for prolonged periods of time. ..
- Targeting Acute HIVChristopher Pilcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Perform detailed cost effectiveness modeling in order to optimize acute HIV-centered efforts at HIV prevention. ..
- Images of self and others in AIDS-orphaned youthWarren Reich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will lay the groundwork for theoretically informed prevention interventions. ..
- Neurodevelopment and HIV/AIDSAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Human papillomavirus as a risk factor for HIV infectionPETER CHIN HONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The 2005 Addiction Health Services Research ConferenceChristine Grella; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- TREATMENT MOTIVATION IN DRUG USERSM Anglin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Patterns and Contexts of Club Drug AbuseJeffrey Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mixed-methods strategies will be used to examine the qualitative and quantitative data together in order to further understand the data and potential implications for intervention development. ..